Speaker 1: Oh, what's good job. You're add to the vibes. You're doing the things that we like to do with Bootleg cav podcasts.
Speaker 2: Listen, make sure you tune in.
Speaker 3: You heard yo man the Bootleg cav podcast. We end up building. We got a special guests here. Her new album just dropped. Dennis Daughter, Uh uh uh uh?
Speaker 2: What's good Cave?
Speaker 3: What's going on working? How does it feel to finally get this album out?
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of it's like a lot of closure. You know, this is the first chapter closing out. It's time to get to It's time to get to work for the next one.
Speaker 3: You know how this go?
Speaker 2: It just don't stop?
Speaker 3: What's like? You know, I feel like people have really been waiting for your debut project, you know what I'm saying? Like, I feel like this has been a highly anticipated thing going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I didn't want to just give anything, and I wanted to make sure I put my oil on it, and I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted to talk about and where I was coming from as artists, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, for sure? And for you, Dennis is your father? I hope yes?
Speaker 2: Dennis Daughter yes, Dennis.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a pretty personal like title for your your debut, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: What other way? I wouldn't have it no other way.
Speaker 1: As an artist, a lot of people connect with you because you have a story to tell that they could relate to. So I'm pretty sure when people come to their family functions, they'd be like, Oh, that's such and such daughter, that's such and such son. That's how you introduce kids.
Speaker 2: To you know, oh, oh she got big. So I feel like everybody could relate to that.
Speaker 3: What part of Brooklyn you're from?
Speaker 2: The Star Star Best Star your doors that.
Speaker 3: It's getting a little is it getting a little?
Speaker 1: Like Yeah, like the park that I grew up in.
Speaker 2: People done lost their life there.
Speaker 1: All types of stuff happened out there, and now people got walking their dogs in there, having picnics and.
Speaker 3: New York I stayed in Bushwick, and I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, oh yeah, Bushwick started first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I like being to Williamsburg and that ship is like wild, like Whole Foods shop. Yeah, and Bushwick people wear Tom's shoes and but like you know, bad starts getting there too.
Speaker 2: Best I was definitely getting there.
Speaker 1: I'm I mean, I'm not mad at it because I still have family members that's out there, so the safe of the better.
Speaker 3: Honestly, for sure, did you move out?
Speaker 1: Of course I had to. I had no choice. I didn't want to, but I had no choice.
Speaker 3: Do the Jersey thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how New York is do?
Speaker 3: I know you don't go too fall.
Speaker 1: I can't stay too far. Jersey is is good enough for me. I that's that's when.
Speaker 3: I was in New York. I was hanging out in Coney Island with them's.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh bing Bong.
Speaker 3: That guy yeah stupid yeah, which is like that's like the outskirts of Brooklyn. It's like pretty deep. It took us for a fucking ever to get there.
Speaker 2: It was like from where though, I don't know where we're We're in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Oh but I didn't the way you take, but yeah, it can't feel like it's pretty.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize y'all don't have like a Walmart like you guys you gotta go to Long Island, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have no Walmart in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Not that doesn't there's not a Walmart anywhere. No.
Speaker 2: What it's like, because you gotta understand, we got corner stores.
Speaker 1: And corner stores is like grocery stores is cheap, yeah, but too expensive to do.
Speaker 3: You have a full size Target?
Speaker 2: Yeah we're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Target, Yeah, Target is I go to for sure.
Speaker 3: But no Walmarts no, No, have you ever been inside of a Walmart past ten pm? In life? Like on the road? Maybe on the road. Yeah, that's about it. Wild place.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now I'm New Jersey, so they.
Speaker 3: Got in Jersey. Jersey is like a little.
Speaker 2: Different, right, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It is certain parts it's like kind of like country like vibes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel, because it's like.
Speaker 3: I drove to Buffalo from New York City and I was like, we're in Jersey. This ship looks like fucking Amish town. You know.
Speaker 1: It makes you feel like you you you can get away from the trenches. But Jersey got the trenches. To Jersey has the trenches? They do, yes, they do.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Jersey.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yo. What was that movie New Jersey Drive New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cars when they're stolen, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They still cars, Like that's the thing out there. They still cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Jersey's wild. Shout out to Jersey.
Speaker 2: Shout outs to Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean for you, like I feel like you kind of kick the door down in terms of like this new energy out of New York being a female and like kind of carrying that flag. It's been a couple of years since Don't Play with It originally came out right, yes, but then it kind of like nationally went crazy. Yeah ten months ago, is that right? Right? You on point for you like to come out and like have that record like kind of be like an old record that not necessarily old, but the record that'd been out for a while, but really kind of like finally gets some life to it. It's such a massive song. The remix was big. It felt like such a big moment. Some people get a record like that and it's like the music becomes bigger, the song becomes.
Speaker 2: Big, bigger than the artists.
Speaker 3: How have you been able to avoid that? Because I saw you you did and everybody was singing all your ship.
Speaker 2: The thing about don't play with it.
Speaker 1: Don't play with It went viral not because of someone else did like a viral TikTok to it. It went viral because of me being on screen performed the song.
Speaker 2: So thank all for that. That.
Speaker 1: That's what made it take off is seeing me perform it on From the Block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that and Nasia from the From the Block.
Speaker 3: To hang it? Oh yeah, what's going on with that?
Speaker 2: It's like a little set up. It's like, you know, like what you use for like backdrops?
Speaker 1: I don't I mean, I don't know the proper word for it, right, and then it just hangs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay. I always wondered. I was like, do they got two ladders and someone's just standing up?
Speaker 2: I used to I was wondering the same thing. And then when I got there, I was like, Okay, cool, this is cute for you.
Speaker 3: Give me kind of like, you know, this is an important album for you. What is if someone were to press play on this outside of the single shout to Bryson Tiller the record, But what's your favorite song? What's like the go to? Like, what's the song that embodies Lola?
Speaker 2: I Am Lola and bodies Lola?
Speaker 3: That's the intro?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's well it's it's not the intro, but it sounds like it could have been the introt.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's the intro?
Speaker 2: Is intro intro twenty twenty three flow?
Speaker 3: Oh maybe I'm tripping because I used.
Speaker 1: To do these consistent freestyles for my fans. So I'll do twenty seventeen flow twenty.
Speaker 3: The Lola record has like a sample though, kind of what your name is? Y okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's basically me saying I'm the one, like this is not a mistake.
Speaker 2: I'm a true artist. I came very far.
Speaker 1: I spoke about where I'm coming from, how long I've worked, how hard I've worked and taken no four ends, So that embodies Lola for real.
Speaker 2: I am Lola.
Speaker 3: Give me some of the story, like how long has this because a lot of people look at you like you're a new artist, but you ain't, like you ain't new to this, Like how long has this grind been for you?
Speaker 2: I'm not new. I've been working on music even. Let me just say this.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen is when I was like, I'm gonna take this serious. Serious, Like I resigned for my job. Serious job resident you ate at a shelter. So I was just catering to.
Speaker 3: Clients like homeless people.
Speaker 2: Homeless people. Yeah, and my mom got me the job.
Speaker 3: So shit hits the fan. You can always move to La and help us with this homeless problem.
Speaker 2: No for real, and it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go back to the facility that I was working at, but they closed it down.
Speaker 3: Oh damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that kind of like broke my heart. But my mom got me the job there. So I was explaining to her like I always wanted to go back to give back, but they shut down the facility and I don't know how I'm to get the names.
Speaker 2: And she was like, sh'll help me out.
Speaker 3: You go down to downtown La skid row tons of giving back to do down there. Just you gotta dodge the fat nos.
Speaker 2: It's it's rough like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's bad ship everywhere, human shit.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, fatanol just I've never I've seen it online because you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I've seen it online.
Speaker 3: It's like the Purge. Like we were driving down there like last week and like looked to the right and there's just like five fires in the middle of the street, like people warming their hands and ship like almost like a Ninja Turtle movie like from the nineties, you know, like it feels like the type of play. Shredder was just like, uh.
Speaker 1: The movie Chucky, and it was a scene where it was like homeless people warming up with there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of those scenes. Yeah, like you know, like Joe Peshi and Home Alone. There's a bunch of guys over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, see me growing up.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that's like an old scenario, but it's still going on today over here.
Speaker 3: For sure. Crazy. They just set the freeway on fire. The tents closed down.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: So if you're.
Speaker 2: In La, I've been downtown, but no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: There was like an explosion under the bridge, like under the ten, and they vet they think it was some homeless shit going on under there that went rough and then there was a big fire. So the freeways closed down indefinitely, the ten in LA.
Speaker 2: It's rough out here, fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. Damn. I'm gonna say this, Like I went to New York and we're everywhere in New York. I was like, Yo, what's nice out here? I was like, maybe we saw like twelve homeless dudes. It was nice.
Speaker 2: It's not no.
Speaker 1: See compare La compared to New York City. Yeah, you would be like, oh, it's cool in New York. But the people that live in New York, it's like it's certain places.
Speaker 3: Where do you guys like Eric Adams, the mayor. Is he a nice guy? What you?
Speaker 2: I've never met him, but I mean I just.
Speaker 3: Saw he was like he had to give his phone in the fence, So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I peeped that. Yeah, I peeped that. But hey, listen, I just pray my boy doing right by the city too.
Speaker 3: That seems like he's like I seemed like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but everybody, everybody have their way of showing who they are, and I just pray at whatever he got going on, he could defend himself.
Speaker 3: We just went on a wild tangent because you're explaining to me you quit your job in twenty seventeen, and then we started talking about that. No, no, continue your story twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: You quit your job twenty seventeen. You did it twenty seventeen. I quit my job February fourteen, and I resigned.
Speaker 2: I didn't quit.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let's fix that. I did not quit my job. I resigned from my job. So if I wanted to go back to my job today, I can.
Speaker 3: Good. Right.
Speaker 1: I don't burn bridges regardless of what's my journey or what I feel like my futures to bring I don't burn bridges, smart and know what I'm saying. So yeah, I resigned for my job. My mom actually supported me through it. She was like, look, listen, I see you going in and out the house, no sleep, studio work. If you feel like you need to leave so that you could really dig down into your artistry, do so.
Speaker 2: And she got me the job.
Speaker 1: So it was I just felt like it was arms opened for her to say it, because you know, when it comes down to mommy, everywhere you get a little bit.
Speaker 3: And I did not just make them calls get you that job for you to quit, right, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, she said, we just gonna do it the right way. You're gonna resign.
Speaker 1: And then my mentor eighty shout out to team eighty. He supported me to financially as well.
Speaker 3: So so what was after you went all time like full time rather how long did it take for you to realize like, uh, you could make this your career, Like you can actually like, oh this is working, Like I made some money. I got paid to do this, Like maybe you got paid to do a future, maybe got paid to do a show.
Speaker 1: Or uh, it wasn't money for me, it was just how it made me feel. So my teammate that's a part of Team eighty. His name is Bleasy. He's an artist from Brownsville. He wanted to do a shouts to Brownsville. It's rough out and browns You should they should have took you to Brownsville.
Speaker 2: It's still Brownsville, never changed that.
Speaker 3: It's the only place that hasn't been gentrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Brownsville, Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 3: It's crazy there and Billy Dad just hanging out on the corner.
Speaker 1: Still wow, No, for real, like it's wild out there, like nothing has changed.
Speaker 3: I think forty on from there right the four one people.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think so, but I don't want to be I don't want to say someone then, but I know it's Brooklyn for sure. So he asked to get me on a song for a feature. I came through. We had eighty there. Uncle Mane was did shout out to Uncle Mano and Uncle man Yeah. I call him Uncle Mayne.
Speaker 3: He's a nice uncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a nice He's crazy though. So I did the song. I ended up meeting the team, which is teammate. I met everybody and I just fell in love with just being in the studio because where I came from, I couldn't afford studio time, I couldn't afford videos. I wasn't even thinking about doing videos because I wasn't financially stable.
Speaker 2: To do so.
Speaker 1: And I just was around it. I just felt good. I'm like, yo, you know what this could be. This could be a thing for me. And then my my dad just had passed and I remember my best friend saying, like you was, you're depressed. I didn't know I was depressed, but she was like, you're depressed. And ever since you started taking music, serias.
Speaker 3: Like you like you shift made you happy?
Speaker 1: Yes, it made me happy. So being around them made me so happy. Just seeing eighty put his artists. D O D was his artist. He put them through artist development, did music videos in the studio night and day, going out to the clubs promoting music. And I never got to see that part of it. So I'm like, oh, this is this is fire.
Speaker 2: But it was no money. I wasn't making no money. It just was something.
Speaker 3: To the end of the time, You're like, oh, this is yeah.
Speaker 2: So then y I tapped into it like that, who are.
Speaker 3: Your you know, growing up in Brooklyn. Who you're who your goats? Who are you like? Who's on the wall for you?
Speaker 2: Oh? You got Kim, you got Fox, jay Z, Biggie.
Speaker 3: Those good for Yeah? That is uncle Mana. All right, wait, we got to stop the interview. This is an emergency my book You just sent me an email. This week is Thanksgiving week and we have an emergency offer. Sign up at MyBookie dot ag. We're gonna have so much football to bet on Thanksgiving. How about all the NBA that's gonna be happening on Black Friday? Oh, football weekend is gonna be crazy. And right now, this is very exclusive to the Bootleg Cap podcast. They're doing a hundred and ten percent deposit bonus. That's right. This bonus offer is one hundred and ten percent deposit match up to eleven hundred dollars. That means if you deposit one thousand dollars, you will get eleven hundred dollars for free. Put right into your account to gamble with. What are we doing? Go to my bookie right now, my bookiet right now. Sign up, use the promo code Bootleg And this only is going on until November twenty six, that's Sunday, all right, So from now till Sunday, if you sign up in my Bookie, you're gonna get one hundred and ten percent deposit match bonus. All right. That means you put in a thousand, you're gonna get eleven hundred. You put in one hundred, you're gonna get one hundred and ten dollars. Did I do that right? My mass fucked?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: But listen, shout out to my bookie. All right, sign upmbookie dot ag use that promo code Bootleg. This is so exclusive, y'all. This is only happening this week, so make sure you sign up if you like to gamble like me. Let's get this money, baby, all right. Also, want to give a shout out to our family, our new sponsor. Shout out to Munchies. Man, it's Thanksgiving. We love the Munchies, baby, all right. Want to give a shout out to Munchies, the market leader in the hemp and cannabis space, of course, offering you federally legal, award winning hemp products that are comparable to your favorite cannabis products. All right, anygi get shipped straight to your door and check this out. The craziest sale of the year. So much going on, so many products. I love the Strawberry Dream gummies. Let's pop these boys open, all right, this was dope, the biggest sale of the year. Forty percent off any order, forty percent off any order of sixty dollars or more. Right now, if you go to their website, go to Delta Munchies dot com, use the promo code Bootleg or Bootleg KEB. You can use either one of those Bootleg Bootleg KEB. All together, you're gonna get forty percent off any order. This is what's dope about their gummies, all right. Their gummies are so good, one hundred milligrams per gummy. So you see all these there's a thousand milligrams in the box. They're vegan, they're made with real fruit, and the flavors are crazy. You've seen the Strawberry Dream. They also got the apple berry Nectar and this one right here, the Tropical Passion, all right, and let's not forget that. They also got the vapes for you. Yeah, that's right. This is the grape Relly Runts grape Jelly runs rather. Oh my god, that baggage looks good about They also they got the Strawberry Shortcake and they got the pre rolls, the double doinks Man. These ones right here are the Lemon Cherry Gelato. That's a hybrid. And look, you can get forty percent off right now. Forty percent off right now. All you have to do is go to Delta Munchies dot Com. Use that promo code Bootleg cav or bootleg you'll see it down below, all right, and get forty percent off your order of sixty dollars or more. Now this is important because the sale ends November thirtieth, So head on over to Delta Munches dot Com. Get you some of that slushy juice. These are very good four Grand Blend and Live Resident THCP and Delta eight. You can get a five thousand hits out of this bad boy, plus free lanyard in every bag. Delta Munches dot Com.
Speaker 2: Bam, Uncle Best Biased Tho, Uncle Mayo know that first.
Speaker 3: Album is one of the most slept on albums ever.
Speaker 2: Uncle Mano is slept on period album.
Speaker 3: It's a fucking the whole album's of concept. It's literally like one of the hardest concept albums. He gets out of Joel The albums abou him getting out of jail. And there's just that album.
Speaker 1: So crazy, the story, I feel like the story.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Uncle Mana, I love you.
Speaker 3: I just booked him. He was at my club like two days ago, NIX with my guy Markhams out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah he had fun, right, I'm sure my boy had fun.
Speaker 3: He's a fun guy. He is super fun guy. Shout So, you said, what's your favorite Foxy Brown project?
Speaker 1: Honestly, for me, I'm not a project type of girl. I'm like a single soul Brooklyn anthem was That was what made me be like, I'm this way for a reason. She's a Brooklyn girl, Like there's nothing wrong with me. I used to think that I was too aggressive. People always say you so aggressive if you saw this, you saw that, And then Foxy made me realize, like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: You know, Foxy was aggressive as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just from He was a part of the firm, yo, Like you know what I'm saying. Like she was like holding her own with nas and as consistently.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the thing for me is, see, I wouldn't say that I grew up on Kim and Foxy music, but I'm from Brooklyn, So that's like I had to know who Biggie was Kim.
Speaker 2: Fox, Like, I just had to know.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I'm a student in a game, so I tap in and I study it.
Speaker 2: But no, I didn't necessarily grow up on the music.
Speaker 3: You know that makes sense. Do you have a name for your fan base Gators? The Gators?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Gators?
Speaker 3: Uh uh? Wow? Are they toxic? I'm not toxic though, No, I'm just saying some of these fan bases little grass. I've had little kid folks come at me. They're pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna front though. They might go crazy on you. If you like the Gators, yeah, if you don't. If you don't, if you growl at me, they're gonna growl back.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like like hm hmm yeah.
Speaker 2: The death row, the death row, because the death row? What you mean? Why gay?
Speaker 1: It is? Because my my skin is bulletproof, So I'm big Gata. It just came about. I did a freestyle on a platform shout out to ninety five.
Speaker 2: I did a freestyle. I was like twenty twenty. I ain't given out no favors. My skin bulletproof, nigga, I'm big data.
Speaker 1: And then my fans would just take it, be like big Gay to big Gay to Big Kaya.
Speaker 2: But before I tapped.
Speaker 1: Into it, I'm like, can I really relate to this name regardless of the skim being bulletproof? And I can because they very patient and they they are warm hearted but cold blooded.
Speaker 3: Have you had fans show up to your shows wearing Florida Gators merch like gear? I take.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so. I don't think I ever caught that before.
Speaker 3: You got to go to Gainesville Now I do Gainesville, Florida, where showed.
Speaker 2: Me mad love though, Like I have a good fan base in Florida.
Speaker 3: Though Where in Florida? Have you performed.
Speaker 2: Orlando? Of Miami? Miami's somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Have you been to the strip clubs in Miami yet?
Speaker 2: Booby Trap?
Speaker 3: Booby Traps a movie, it's also it's almost.
Speaker 2: Carib booby Trap is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Where you're in booby Trap, You're really trapped and you can't you can't leave.
Speaker 2: And I don't like to party, but I.
Speaker 3: Want to leave. The ubers are taken forever to get there. There's a line out side. It's fucking seven in the morning. I'm tired. I'm miserable. Miserable what I mean, I mean after pulling all nighter and I'm on fucking jet lag from the West Coast, and then you're with this guy dj Ao. He's a psychopath, good guy though, I'm sure you've met him.
Speaker 1: I had a time my life at Booby Trap. I couldn't believe I didn't want to leave. My team kept saying you ready to go. Oh no, no, I don't do those type of things.
Speaker 3: Did you eat?
Speaker 2: Did I?
Speaker 3: They got? They got food at Booby Trap. I'm don remeber. We got some of the best strip club food in the country is in Florida, Miami, specifically G five has great wings.
Speaker 2: And then Drick made sure he fed me when I came out there.
Speaker 3: Fed you What did he cook?
Speaker 2: Because you know, I mean he got he got a he got a spy.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got a restaurant. It's cooled Sundays, but Sunday eatery. Sunday's eating.
Speaker 3: Remember I think he was on Cribs or some show cooking some wild ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he shot it.
Speaker 3: Florida like pancake thing he was.
Speaker 2: I had some turkeys.
Speaker 3: Turkey wings.
Speaker 2: Did I was it. Yeah, I have some turkey wings.
Speaker 3: H bigger than chicken wings.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 3: I've had a turkey leg. I've never had a turkey wing like a turkey No.
Speaker 2: That's why you got that, because I could go.
Speaker 3: I've only been to like a finger licking.
Speaker 1: Which in my household, turkey wings was a thing, but not for me. I didn't like turkey wings until I got older.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to Tutsies and get the fried lobster tail while a lady massages you. They have they have non strippers there.
Speaker 2: What type of freaky eateries.
Speaker 3: That no noies. Tuttis is a legendary strip club, you know. Drake said, I'm shoulder.
Speaker 2: Rub I've never I've never been there.
Speaker 3: So Toutsi's. They have dancers and then they have literal fully clothed ladies like messuses, so like some someone's aunties in there. Like they'll rub your back for like forty five minutes or forty five bucks. I think it's for thirty minutes or something like that, or it's forty five bucks for fifteen minutes, and it's amazing. You're just sitting there eating, maybe the fights on, maybe the dolphins are playing and then you got a lady giving you a real massage, Like a real massage. It's not like no weirdo shit, like it's a real messeuse.
Speaker 2: Oh, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad place.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 3: Booby Traps a movie for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Booby Trap is a trap for sure.
Speaker 3: You know what I noticed when you go to the strip club in New York, it's more about the bartenders than it is the dancers. Is that fair?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a New York thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a New York thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like bartenders might get more love than strippers for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Talk about like for you, how like because you've been putting our singles, you put out louse these music videos all that, how are you deciding like what went on the album? What was like, hey, let's just drop this, let's just throw this out there.
Speaker 2: It was very easy because it was just me telling my story.
Speaker 1: So the lineup is step by step of my emotions, So it wasn't hard. And I wanted to make sure that my story was clear as day before I take the next step, Like before me being an artists, I was Shinese before Lolerbrook, I was Dennis daughter before Lowler Brook of course. So I feel like it's important for the fans to know that and understand why I'm even here today rapping.
Speaker 3: So does your mom like, is she like super proud of you? She has to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom is super proud, Like she's a proud mom and sometimes like I can't realize my moments. But it's so good because when my moms feel my moments, then I'm straight that's all I need.
Speaker 3: Like, thanks mom for the job, but like I'm also thank you for blessing me to like, yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Being that support system for me, because a lot of people parents do not.
Speaker 2: Once it comes down you want to be a rapper, m oh, now you're tripping. But she believed in me.
Speaker 3: I feel like if you want to be a creative, like it's very helpful, Like whether you want to be an actor, a rapper, or even like a comedian or something. It's like your parents are either gonna look at you like you're fucking crazy or they're gonna be like, hey, whatever you need, we got you.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like most parents don't.
Speaker 1: They're like in disbelief of having a child that may be a star, Like imagine just having a child.
Speaker 3: It's like the lottery, Like I just know you as my.
Speaker 1: Kid exactly, so it's like there's no way that you're the one. So you know, some some parents could push through through and strive through it, and some parents just lock up and they don't know how to be supportive today their child.
Speaker 3: How do you How how are we feeling about just New York as a whole right now, because obviously, you know, Drell's kind of been on the forefront the last few years in terms of like what we hear about, and then up north you got the Griselda guys. You've been doing your thing shit Jen Carter and them or doing their thing, and I like what they're doing because they're like just having fun.
Speaker 2: I love them together.
Speaker 1: I hope they stay together for real, because they all have different individual personalities that fit together.
Speaker 2: Like it's so dopey.
Speaker 3: Like I've had them on the show twice all together, and they're hilarious.
Speaker 1: They're so funny, Like their energy is so big. I met all three of them recently at Powerhouse. I did Powerhouse in.
Speaker 2: New Jersey and their energy was just so great, Like I rock with it.
Speaker 3: I jagged. How you feel, like, do you feel like New York's in good hands right.
Speaker 2: Now with your New York is going to be in good hands.
Speaker 1: Even if we like we not Front Street with this ship in music, we just always gonna be there. We always gonna have a comeback for sure. So I'm from Brooklyn, so I ain't letting up.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's fair. Has there been somebody who in the last year you realized was like a fan of what you were doing, or was following you, or someone who liked something that or just DMed you like a That was just surreal for you to be like, damn, this person knows who I am, Like they acknowledged my art, like in.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen, meet paid like meet like Coson for me, Yeah, that's fire. And then growing up like he's the reason why I'm really rapping.
Speaker 3: So you were like a big Meek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a big Meek fan growing up, and I was like, if he could do it, I.
Speaker 2: Could do it.
Speaker 1: Being dream Chasers, all they did was doubt him, you know, doing a battle rap, so everybody didn't think that he could cross over, and he crossed over. And I remember being in high school walking around like, yo, he's gonna be the next thing.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. I'm telling you, and then he started going crazy.
Speaker 3: Did you see his his latest for the funk Flex freestyle that just dropped?
Speaker 2: I actually was.
Speaker 1: I was with them, but I had to leave because I went to my release party, So I wish I could have been release Yeah, I had to go to my release party today, but I definitely was chilling with Rick.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, yo, crazy stalling four minutes straight. I'm just crazy, and I was like fucking twelve over again.
Speaker 1: I missed it like that right there is inspirational for me, like I'll be meeting to see that, but you know it's online anyway, so I'll always just tap into it for sure.
Speaker 3: So do you have a friendship with with Rose and Meek at this point?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: You always got stopped the interview? Tell you about our good folks at King Palm. That's right. Let me tell you about King Pom Man. It's always smoking over here, but I love about King Pom chirping infused flavor in each one of these. These are the margarita. Now, this is kind of the wave I've been on recently. These margarita ones are fucking fire, no tobacco, no niked teen straight raw organic fresh leaves. And what's dope is they got the tip. You squeeze the tip, you hit one of these boys, and you just get hit with that flavor. Man, You get hit with that flavor, no matter how big or small the palm is. You know what I'm saying. This is what's dope too, King Pom. If y'all don't know, man, they're one of the leading brands when it comes to this real like organic smoke light. That's why I like them. I like to smoke clean and nothing smokes cleaning in a King Palm. So if you're in your hood, you're in your neighborhood, you're in your motherfucking city, your area, wherever you're at, go to your local liquor store. They're gonna have King Poms, all right, so pick them up there. You could also go to seven eleven or this is what I suggest you do right now. Come on, shot, said King Palms Man. Go to the website Kingpom dot com. If you go to Kingpom dot com, you use the promo code Bootleg. This is what we're doing. Fifty percent off whatever you order. They got so much at Kingpom dot com. Not only do they got the leafs. Not only do they got the grinders. Not only do they got the gas trays, they got them. All the cones fifty percent off, all the smoking accessories, all the leafs you need, all the flavors fifty percent off Kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg. Also, speaking of shit, you're gonna get some money off of our family. Our dogs are are listen. I'm going to Tampa to go DJ for these guys. Holiday party. Odd socks. Baby, the holidays are here. Now is the time to go to odd socksoficial dot com and use that promo code Bootleg. All right, use it right now, and guess what you're gonna get twenty percent off of checkout now. They don't think about odd socks. They got all the crazy licenses. They just locked down Coca Cola recently. Yeah, look at those. They just locked down Hasbro so they got power Rangers, transformers all that. I mean, Look, they got cheeses, bruh. You know what I'm saying. They got Hershey's chocolate bro they got ww they got Breaking Bad, they got top Ramen, they got the draws, they got the socks, they got the slippers, they got the hat, they got, the belt, whatever you need. Odd socksofficial dot com. Load up for the holidays. Gift odd socks to your loved ones. Whatever they're into. There's an odd sox for it. Odd socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg when you check out, save twenty percent off. Let's get back to the interview. Shout out to the homies over at blue Chew Man. That's right, blue Chew. Everybody always asks me, does blue Choo work? Well, don't take my word for it. Try it for free for a month by using that promo code Bootleg. Right now. Blue Choo has the same active ingredients as Viagra and Sialis. It's all wrapped up into a blue chewable form, delivered right to your doorstep in discrete packaging. No doctor's appointments are needed, all right, You don't have to go into the doctor. Everything's online. Go to blue choo dot com, all right, Sign up with that promo code Bootleg. Get your first month for free. If your dick ain't dickon, it's time to get a dick in again. You know what I mean. You're dealing with a little rectile dysfunction. Maybe a little anxiety at work, maybe you're stressed out, maybe you're just married to someone you're tired of fucking. Let's be honest, sometimes you need a little extra, you know, a little extra, some some to get you over the finish line. Get that blue Choo, Baby, blue Choo, try the first month for free. They're gonna give it to you for free, a month's supply for free. Go to blue Choo dot com. Use the promo code bootleg right now, thank me later. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we like, that's family.
Speaker 3: That's dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's family for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you get a like being family with Rick Ross? Do you get like a Wingstop card or something?
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 2: I you know what's so crazy? That should have asked him for a play the limp wings Man.
Speaker 3: I've been like, hey, bro, like, what's the point of our friendship if I can't get some sort of half off at your ROSK?
Speaker 2: So let me get a gift card.
Speaker 3: A gift card would be nice. I feel like he should have his wallet to be as thick as mine because I got like an old white guy wallet and every time he's like, yo, thank.
Speaker 2: You, real talk, you know, what I'm saying, don't hurt you.
Speaker 3: Like lemon pepper? Is that the go to?
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I got put onto limon pepper not too long ago, maybe like two three years ago, and my first time eating it was in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but what spot in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I just remember having living pepper in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Though, lemon pepper's fire.
Speaker 2: It's fire, well done, too well done.
Speaker 3: I'm a buffalo guy, but I'll dabbling this.
Speaker 2: See I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to do the buffalo, but now I don't like. I don't like it to be too messy because I've been working so much, so I need to eat things.
Speaker 3: Does and then your you get your nails done, your nails to be all orange underneath.
Speaker 1: Well, but the thing about me is I'm low maintenance as a female, so I ain't really Are.
Speaker 3: Those your real nails? Are these? Are these the Oh? So there's your real They're real boys right there for sure, shout out to you. So my wife's Mexican and she you know, she gets fake nails, but she's hot. Cheetos and ship Oh so the cheetos and stuck in number lemons and pickles on a plate.
Speaker 2: No, maya business leave alone.
Speaker 1: He ain't hard to find some wood and soap wash your hands, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh talk about obviously, this record with Bryson is dope. Shout out to Bryson, who doesn't do many features. No, he doesn't do a lot, So it's got to be, you know, dope to be able to kind of like get a He's one of them guys, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bryson just was telling me like, hey, I rock with your movement. I think you're a dope artist. And he did what he could do. He did what he do like he always do. He don't miss and I'm grateful to have that because I know when bryceon pop out is a reason for Bracon to pop out for sure. He's like an introvert for yeah, like he just I think he's just more focused on music more than anything. Like it's not evenna, it's not he don't focus a lot of people, a lot of artists focus on the lifestyle as well, but with him, I feel like he just focused on the music more than anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing. Being from Brooklyn. Are you are you like a Knicks or in that person or do you not kiving.
Speaker 2: Don't put me in that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get back from both. You want to do halftime with both teams?
Speaker 1: Right, don't do me like that, man, But listen, shout out to the next shut us.
Speaker 3: They're both abusive relationships fans. I'm sure listen, I'm I'm I know the Nets is new from New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then it is what it is. Don't put me in a sports thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know you, So I'm not about to sit here and be lying to y'all.
Speaker 2: I would like to watch the game. I don't care what game it is.
Speaker 3: Been more Nets or Knicks games.
Speaker 2: I've been to more Liberty games.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Shout to the Liberty.
Speaker 2: Shout outs to the Liberties.
Speaker 3: They just went to the finals.
Speaker 2: You get me, but we did go. I didn't. I couldn't. I couldn't make you. I wanted to go.
Speaker 3: Don't you remember when Rebecca Lobo was on the Liberty? Are you? I don't think I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not like all the way. I just started tapping in.
Speaker 3: When the w NBA started, they had this giant white woman on the Liberty. Her name was Rebecca Lobo. She played for the Connecticut Huskies. She was just this giant mountain of a white lady. She was really good at basketball, was good.
Speaker 2: How much she was doing on a game? What points?
Speaker 3: I can't I'm not gonna lie. You don't know that for all home female basketball shotting a lot better recently. When I grew up, it was like we had like Chryl Swoops, Liza Leslie. Listen, there was like there was a part you know, maybe ten years ago it was just hard to watch.
Speaker 2: But now like you know, the liberty, the liberty, my girls, Laaney.
Speaker 3: Have you performed at a game yet?
Speaker 1: I try to. I tried to do what I could do. I did liberty, I did next game I did. I think I did the next twice.
Speaker 3: So your Nets fan, fuck the Knicks. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. They a had you performed.
Speaker 2: Fuck them.
Speaker 3: We were rocking with the Nets. They had you performed twice. Come on, man, Mickel Bridges is over there.
Speaker 2: Shut up to the next.
Speaker 1: They take care of me, I really like, honey, do take care of me all the time. And they just gave me a gift not too long ago.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: They give you. I can't tell you what what gift could the basketball team give you that you can't talk.
Speaker 1: About because it was I can say how many. It was limited and it was only like five and I was one of the five.
Speaker 3: Was it a jersey?
Speaker 2: No, it was it was a package.
Speaker 3: You got a package. It was huh oh the in tournament thing it. Listen, your new album is out, yes, Thennis daughter, everyone should go support it. Are you gonna be hitting the road any attention?
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm trying to go on tour for sure. Then his daughter got to promote Dinnis daughter project. That's the only way it's gonna move.
Speaker 3: Did your mom obviously your your dad passed away, But is your mom like, hey, the next album my name?
Speaker 2: Yo? Listen, I'm telling you this right now.
Speaker 1: My mom's was like, listen, Dennis, you're doing too much bro, doing a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: T show so album number two T's daughter daughter, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: To the deluxe how you know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Listen, all right? Cool?
Speaker 3: Look at me. Look keV. keV done the deluxel.
Speaker 1: There's a situation where I'm feeling like a deluxe should be put out.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you when, but a deluxe should be put.
Speaker 3: Out Deluxe on the way. She says not to not say that, she all but said it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that isn't a good idea.
Speaker 3: It's a good chance it could be happening for sure. Is it cold in New York in December? No, it's not. Okay, well you live it's fucking freezing anyway. Appreciate you coming through.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me, keV. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The brook Fire, Yo, we're wrapping up an interview, man. Of course, we want to shout out to our family at hard Dean Baby Hardean, Las Vegas, celebrating their seventh birthday this month, So happy birthday to hard Dean. I want to give a shout out to the whole family over there. When you're in Las Vegas, you gotta pull up to Harden and tell them that the Bootleg Camp podcast says you they're gonna take care of you. It is the craziest selection of premium cannabis in the country, all under one roof. You walk in and it's just a five beautiful bud tenders, amazing smoke. Just the illis merch. You know what I'm saying. Hey, it's right in Las Vegas, right in Sin city. So you land in Vegas, you're about to go gamble with your boys. You get into that cab, you say, take me to Hardean. They're gonna know exactly where to take you. All right, shout out to Hardeen, go follow them Harden Underscore Las Vegas, or go to the website Hardinlasvegas dot com