Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back, George nor with you.
Speaker 3: Lisa barretta with US Artists, Psychic Astrologers, certified Reiki practitioner, and noted author. After receiving her first set of tarot cards at the age of fourteen, she began studying divination and astrology while honing her own innate psychic skills. Lisa is a member of the National Council of Geocosmetic Research, the American Federation of Astrologers, and the International Society for Astrological Research. She practices as an intuitive counselor certified Reiki practitioner researcher in the fields of consciousness and psychic sensing. A couple of her books include The Street Smart Psychic's Guide to Getting a Good Reading That's So True By the Way and Conscious Ink, The Hidden Meaning of Tattoos, Mystic, Old, Magical and In This and Transformative Art that You Dare to Wear Lisa, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Hi, Thank you, How are you Mac? I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: How did you get involved at the age of fourteen?
Speaker 4: What happened at the age of fourteen? My family very very Italian family, and we always had somebody in the family that would come over and read the oil in the water or read tarot cards, and I was exposed to it. By the time I was five, I wanted one of those little Dell purse books with my zodiac sign on it. And then when I got to be about twelve or thirteen, I would look in the back page of the local newspaper for readers and advisors, and I would get and lie about my age and I get readings. And then I just was in some type of a store that had all types of novelties and I saw a deck of tarot cards and I bought them, and I just, I don't know, just started to read cards. And then my group of friends I got invited to a lot of great parties, but I always had to bring the cards. I think the cards got invited. I just got to go along.
Speaker 2: Bring the cards where my girl was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to the point where I used to lines I had lost them, but they knew I was lying. And then it just developed over the years. And then after I had my last son back in nineteen eighty nine, that was the advent of the Remember the eight hundred numbers people would call for the or the nine hundred numbers for psychics. Yes, I was just looking to do something like you know, because I did it privately. But I really got tired of people coming to my house because I had three small kids and it wasn't working, you know, So I found a you know, in the meantime between all that, I'm studying astrology with different people too. So I hopped on a nine hundred line for about three months until everybody quit except me and one other woman and the guy Harry. He used to own the line. He was actually giving readings at one point he wasn't even a psychic, but that didn't work out. But three people from that line they found a way to contact me. So over the years it just multiplied and multiplied and multiplied, and it grew into a business for me. But it's a business that's you know, if you like what you do, then you're going to love what you do. So I'm lucky, you know that It's just something I always did.
Speaker 2: Did anybody teach you Lisa that you will always remember?
Speaker 4: Didn't anybody? Well, my dear deceased now friend Kathy. She spent hours with me with astrology, every aspect of astrology that you can imagine. She's the one time right for in the Philadelphia area. Was the Philadelphia Bulletin she used to do the weekend Astrology, really really fantastic.
Speaker 3: Tell us about what's going on these days in the coming age? Or are we headed down the right path?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, there's no doubt we're weird, weird, weird times. Right now. We're at the very tail end of the Egypt Pisces. Now everybody has to stop and think, this is really an amazing even though it's scary and weird, an amazing time to be alive. This is not y two k or twenty twelve. This is the end of like twenty four hundred plus some years of living in this age of illusion. So we're in the birth canal. Now we're coming into the aquarium age. Actually, I believe it will officially start around believe it's around twenty sixty. But when any sign is in the last degrees, and being in the last degrees of this pisces, there are the drowning degrees. It seems like everything is being thrown up at us all at once. So that's how come some people refer to this time as a spiritual battle, but not in the dogma sense, more like right against dark, because we are starting to tune more into vibration and you get a sense like, no, I'm being lie to or that's the truth. It's weird because we're going through the transition, and the transition of any birth is the most difficult. So it's going to be an interesting time to live but also very weird and sometimes scary time to live.
Speaker 3: And ascrologically or psychically, are we going to pull through this?
Speaker 4: I think so I do. I really do feel that we're going to pull through this. There will be, of course, some people that are just going to want to cop out not deal with it. Yeah, you know, but I think for the most part you're going to be surprised because another interesting thing too, just for us, not collectively for around the world, but just for us in our area, the United States, we're going through some pretty heavy duty transits right now that basically, you know, it could be the revolutionary wargan, but not the sense that we're going to have a revolutionary war, more in the sense that take it up a notch to a vibrational level where people are starting to be like what they really like and believe in and what they just can't grab onto. A little bit of revolution there. Then we have Neptune, which is in its last degrees now too. Neptune not the era of running the you know, the age. But for us, that's all about the civil war. But the civil war not in the sense where you know, race is against each other. It's more about you know, people's value systems. We have that going on.
Speaker 3: What's happening to people though last I mean today somebody went into a fast food restaurant shot to people to death. People's cars are getting busted and the windows are breaking. I mean, it's crazy. What's happening.
Speaker 4: It is crazy. It's well right now we have Mars has gone through Tars. So wherever Mars is, that's usually where you can find some plate of activity and Tars rules. You know. The material world, I think a lot of people are snapping out of their finances. They really do. They just go crazy. They don't like that they don't have what they want anymore, and they can't go to the store and spend what they used to spend, and they're so frustrated. They find somebody they want to target. You know, they're doing a projection they're going to just target a group or a person or store and just snap out. And I think it's the energy coming into you know, there's a lot of heavy duty energy just from the solar flares. And some people may think like you really think so, but we do. We have this electromagnetic field around us, and I don't think some people can handle that either.
Speaker 2: What does a higher state of consciousness mean to you?
Speaker 4: A higher state of consciousness doesn't mean you have to sit in some type of a position and meditate, But it's about taking the way you think and you perceive what's going on to the next level. Take it up a notch. Don't get so caught up in just this three D web where you know everything is just as you see it. Take it up level and try to see it from a different perspective. And that's hard to do sometimes. But once you can master that, you really don't want to go back down, because once you get up, you don't want to go back down. So it's just getting there that's difficult.
Speaker 2: I mean, next week is the fourth of July. I can't believe how fast this year is going. Lisa Candy, can you, Oh.
Speaker 4: We're in fast time? Everybody says that it seems like just two weeks ago I was shoveling snow. But yeah, we're in fast time. You know, the Earth now is in it's moving along. We just don't stay in one spot in the Milky Way galaxy. We're moving along and we're moving into what they'd say the new Agers called the photime belt, but NASA actually did say there was a lot of you know, electromagnetic activity in this one area that we're moving through, although they won't call it the photon belt, but something's there. I think that we're we're perceiving time differently because we're in a faster light and you know, time is just an illusion anyway. You know, this is all about vibration. So we're moving into a higher vibratory part of the galaxy.
Speaker 2: What do you think our next phase it might be.
Speaker 4: I think our next phase we're getting there. We're not right there yet, but I feel that we're going to become more homo sentient and instead of homosapien, which by that I mean really really embracing because everybody has them, your extra sensory senses, not that you're going to go and you know, just randomly do a cold reading with someone. But by that I mean your intuition, your ability to sense when something's wrong even with yourself, and the body is actually designed to heal itself. I mean we're away from that, but once you get to that level you and really really see what it's like living from the higher.
Speaker 3: Perspective, it'll heal itself if you take care of it right right now.
Speaker 4: But we're going to get to a point where everything's about vibration. It's going to be all about vibration as we start to evolve as a humanity because we have to keep up with the vibration of all of the other planets and the stars within our solar system. Here, it's all about vibration. I mean, everything just starts with that, and it's the process of evolution. If you don't evolve, you're going to devolve, and then that's it. It's curtained. So, like I said, some people won't be able to handle it and they'll check out. But the ones that are open to it and don't fear change because fear is false, emotions appearing real. Some things are weird, but just see it from that higher perspective, because it's going to take you to a place where you want.
Speaker 3: To be, Lisa, is cosmic consciousness different from higher consciousness or is.
Speaker 2: It the same?
Speaker 4: I would say cosmic consciousness has to do with everything within our galaxy because cosmically we are part of this s galactic community. So the cosmic consciousness each planet, star, other life on other planetary systems, they all go with a vibration. And as we know, a lower vibration can entrain to a higher vibration. Don't you take a higher vibration and you try to bring it down. It's like turning the sound down on your favorite song. So it's about in training with the vibration in that sense, but higher consciousness. As an individual you start to do it and then collectively, you know, we all are in tune.
Speaker 2: Well, when you talk about vibration, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Well, they'd ever walk into a room and people in there and just sense there's the one person you really don't want.
Speaker 2: To talk to, you know, and from them, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: You just get a vibe that you know, it's using our sense to know like what's good for us, what's good for our vibration? Well, it's best to stay away from that goes as far as even food some people don't like to eat meat anymore because they don't like that vibration. And maybe two years ago they wanted a good ribb, you know. But and you can just look at things that you're going to start to sense things differently, and it's going to be a whole different way of relating with people, places, things.
Speaker 2: What makes that happen, What makes.
Speaker 4: What that happened? There isn't any silver bullet for that. It's somebody has to be aware, like, you know, I'm ready for this. There are people who are into this, you know, it's all over the place now about I think this new set of the new kids coming in, they seem to be more on the spiritual vibe, the spiritual in the sense it's about vibration and late I feel the problem would be more with not the older ones. But I think there's this one little middle group in the middle that still don't want to give up just dealing with things in the material world. It's going to happen naturally. Evolution should be natural. There really should not be any type of interference. So everything every siege you plant doesn't loom on the same day. So you'll see gradually it's just going to be like that, Mandela Sect.
Speaker 3: One of your books that you wrote back some time ago, fifteen years ago is called The Street Smart Psychics Guide to Getting a Good Reading. Tell me about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was my first book, so probably was very autobiographical in a sense, because they always say your first book is. I had been doing readings for such a long time that I felt some people, really, you know, as much as like I did work for a nine hundred number for three months, I did see that it was becoming very very commercial, which was really for the people who really do it. It's not about that, you know, it's not a money mill. And a lot of people were doing readings that shouldn't have been doing readings, you know, they really weren't legit, and it kind of maybe it was made let's make let's thumb this down and make it look like it's a carniac because if people really knew what it's like to go for a proper reading, they would treat it the same way they would when they would go to a doctor for a consultation or some other.
Speaker 2: Professional sure, or a dentist or.
Speaker 4: Something exactly so. And I wrote the book because I wanted people to know like yeah, you can get your you know, hit of hopium for you know, ten seconds and hear what you want to hear. Or you could sit down really clear yourself, find out what it is that you need, like you know what you're looking for, because usually if people would really look, answers already inside them. It's like a labyrinths. You know, no matter who you go to, where you go, you have to come back to center because when you get somebody you're reading, you know, it's like walking on a minefield. Sometimes you'll touch on something that like, oh yeah, they found that out about me, and you know it's it's building a trust with who you go to. You don't have to jump from reader to reader. Some readers are great for some people and they're not good for others. It works if you have to make that connection, if you want a good reading. Once you make that connection, it's magic. It's really magic. It's not fortune telling it. It's beyond beyond it. Really, a good reader doesn't want you to be codependent. They want you to come to them, come a couple times. Next thing, you know, you get it. If they want to come back in the ear for checking, that's fine, but there's some readers out there that gave the really good ones a bad name, you know, with the hook, and they keep hooking you and hooking you and hooking you, and nothing ever happens.
Speaker 3: With Lisa Barretta. Her website is linked up at Coast to coastam dot com. Astrologically speaking, how does that work? How do the alignments of planets and star systems affect us?
Speaker 4: I love this because everything's up there for a reason, and everything up there gives off a vibration. And every vibration they give off, does you know, come into the earth stone and we feel these vibrations. And astrology has been around since the Sumerians. As a matter of fact, one of the fallen angels, or I should say one of the visitors came and they taught man astrology, taught them how to use it, to use it, to learn how to plant, to plan things, to know they used it. It's almost the hybrid of science and spirituality. And you know, if anything that has lasted this amount of time since the Samerians, I'm probably at the Atlantian side of Toude, but there aren't any records that we know of. I'm sure they used it that lasted this long has to have some type of credence to it. You know, the Greeks they used it. You need it to be an astrologer before you could practice medicine. But over the years they sort of became only for the very rich of the people who were worthy enough to have an astrologer. And then somehow it took a weird vibe and it became almost like the equivalent of a fortune cookie, because every time you open up your email, there's your astrology for the day, and it's always wonderful too. Because it was really bad, you're not going to read it anymore, you know, so it just made it look so.
Speaker 3: Commercial, Lisa, does astrology tell you things that will be or could be?
Speaker 4: Well, everything is potential energy. If I look at somebody's chart and I see an aspect coming up, I could say it looks like in around this time and this time. It's depending on what has position it's in and what sign they are. I can kind of give them an idea of what to expect, and then they go, which way is it going to go? It's like, well, I could advise you which one looks good, but at the end of the day, only you have to make the choice that's right for you. You want people to kind of be empowered with this information and let them start to go with all right, she told me this aspects coming up. I could have a financial issue I have to deal with.
Speaker 2: Well, we have free will, don't we exactly?
Speaker 4: Exactly? If we're like the ultimate GPS.
Speaker 3: You know, so you point things out like if you say things like be careful how you drive, you could get hit by a car. If you're more cautious, chances or you won't get hit.
Speaker 4: Exactly, or you know, that's a day that yes, I see a hard Mars aspect, it could be there. That's not the day you want to schedule any type of surgery. Or if you're just out, don't speak because Mars rules people in uniforms cops. Yeah, and then when you look at the whole chart, you get an idea of like, okay, just plug this in here there there, and you just make the connection.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more