Speaker 1: Stack only going to listen, but to so many people, and when the temperature goes to one to ten, those people are very important. It's a responsibility to you to Stack to be that person all the day when you're around. I really feel like that when I'm with Pete.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Unplugged, our weekly look around sports, culture and entertainment.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: I want to start with a salute to you. You received some pretty special this past week, the Presidential Medal of Freedom all the way from Port Arthur to the White House. Obviously, this is in conjunction with the George Floyd rally that you spearheaded and other things you've done in the community. Can you break us down about your evening and what that was like.
Speaker 4: Shout out to doctor Nicoleon, you and uh the girls who brunch tour they uh and uh also my sister Queen Queen Queen on your sada.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting this, Matt.
Speaker 4: I you know, I do a lot of stuff, you know what I'm saying, before the George Floyd and after for communities, and I'm just you know, I was always taught to treat people how you want to be treated. But to get a lifetime Achievement Award. I still don't know the magnitude of it. Everybody tells me like that's one of the highest honors you can get, you know, But just to be just for the people that honored me and the people that thought about me, to to to give me this award button and to and to acknowledge me to the President and Vice president, I think that was that was the biggest thing for me.
Speaker 3: So, you know, just just to know.
Speaker 4: That everything I've done in my life, you know, good and bad, to where I'm at today, where I'm seeving the Lifetime Achievement a Lifetime Achievement award. When I didn't get all the awards that I wanted in basketball, I think that I put this one at the top map because I got a war for doing something that don't benefit me.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate bigger a high achievement for a high human being. Congratulations bro, Memorial weekend. I hope you had a good time for your family.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We barbecue, got to slip a slide out on the backside of the hill. Kids ran into the fence, ran into the pool, We swim, we drank, smoked, a little bit, ate some good food.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: So we had a good time. Hope you did as well.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: Something we don't normally talk about, but one positive thing you either saw in life or social media this past week.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm actually I've been trying to look for this page. But it's a guy every It's a guy that comes on this page every day, man. And it's not just a normal motivation, you know what I'm saying. He actually goes out every day. It got from Toronto, Canada somewhere. He goes out every day and actually gives money to people.
Speaker 3: And but he do it in a different way. You know.
Speaker 4: He goes up and make it to him and make it seem like he's struggling to see if they're gonna help him. And you see how easy, how so many people in this world have good hearts and they actually help him, but he ended up blessing them with ten fifteen thousand dollars just to see him do it. So I think when I saw that page yesterday that I think, I think that's the goodness that I saw in the world, because it's good people out here, bro, And if it was more, if it was more people like this the world. That's why I always say it's not rocket science, the world would be in a better place. So that was refreshing for me to see, you know what I'm saying on social media, because it's so much bullshit. It's so many pages now on social media just spelling up fake stuff, not knowing the stories ain't real. So that was refreshing to see.
Speaker 2: It's I feel like, you know, when we're coming up in the nineties and the early two thousands, like I stopped watching news because it was always just so negative.
Speaker 5: You know, you're watch the local news.
Speaker 2: Everything is negative, nothing positive, And I feel like, unfortunately, that's what we got with this social media climate. It's just negativity on top of negativity on top of negativity. You know, you look at something like Clayton Caitlin Kark, and you know she has to take the social media cleanses because you're just so negative. Unfortunately, I didn't run across anything positive, but I do searching it and do what you enjoy seeing it, because like you said, there are a lot of great people out here with real heart.
Speaker 5: And and do good things.
Speaker 2: But I think the bullshit overshadows it, and and that's what the people want to see, the bullshit. So I'm gonna keep searching, but I'm glad you found something to to to uplift you and and and someone who's uplifting others, which is special man. Just in situation, Rest in peace to the great u c l A Center Portland Trailblazer in Boston, Celtic Bill Walton has passed away after a long bout with cancer.
Speaker 5: Man. That's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Jeez, he used to call by UCLA games. Shout out Luke and and and the rest of the family. Man, sending you guys love and prayers and light.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Cancer thing is no joke, man, So rest in peace to the Great Bill Walton and other news.
Speaker 5: Tour update.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we will not be able to make it to Detroit. I got some legal issues going on, but we will be in Chicago June fourth, so make sure you lock in all the smoke times knuckleheads in Chicago. You can go to All the Smoke Productions dot com slash tour for your tickets.
Speaker 5: Don't miss out.
Speaker 2: Definitely looking forward to getting out to Chicago and enjoying the vibe out there.
Speaker 5: Make sure you guys catch us tonight.
Speaker 2: MAVs Wolves Live Watch Along Game four third edition to certified smoke this year, she'ld be a good one. Myself stacked ticket and og burnt, Paul Pierce the truth.
Speaker 5: Make sure you guys tap in. You won't be sorry.
Speaker 2: Now we'd like to welcome to the show one of our OG's, one of our big homies, one of the greatest to ever do it. Welcome to Unplugged Tonight we'll be going to his compound and doing a special certified Smoke watching excited about that ticket. What's been going on, man? How's the show been going with you and Paul? And what else is going on with you right now?
Speaker 1: You already know, man, we steady rocking, you know, checking out all these games, watching all this great just go right before ours, you know, trying to give our takes on it, trying to you know, keep the dope content coming, you know, trying to keep over with you guys.
Speaker 2: Spin ship, same old man, just same old building.
Speaker 5: Looking forward to certify smoke. It's always tohing to come together.
Speaker 3: Big Bro. I ain't surprised. I ain't seen you in the building yet.
Speaker 1: You know what everybody was on me about like getting to a game and I'm you know, like if I'm keeping it in a buck, Bro, I don't want to come off like some bandwagon cat. You feel me like you always the spirit? No, get it, I get it, I get it. I just can't up and just be somewhere these days, like my younger days, I have responsibility, so family, you know, I'm always absolutely I got you know. I'm at a volleyball joint. Now you understand. So yeah, you appreciate the time to now. But I'm here in the spirit. I watched these games. I sit down. You know what I'm saying. I'm really locked in. I don't miss no team wars, no Celtics games. I'm watching them whole thing, you know what I'm saying, But those who specifically, because I have a real intimate connection with those guys and talking to those guys and caring for those guys. So yeah, I'm watching with a different intent that I'm watching a lot of it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: We gonna get back to that. But two years into your journey was certified. Thoughts on it. Did you ever think you would take this route and how have you enjoyed it?
Speaker 1: Coming out of retirement. I didn't really have a specific on what I was going to go into at the time. Very similar to you guys, because we all hit at the same time, or it seemed like you know, you know, when you when you're going through that kind of cycle of what to get into. I think I just got the offer to come do T and T for three years and start Area twenty one where it was kind of like a thing before it's time, and that gave me great coaching and great teachings in the lights of how podcasts and how digital works and how out how this whole thing works and productions and all that. So I decided uh to partner with some great partners in Content Cartel with Boe and Mike, and they had already been in content for a very long time. We started Content Cartel and the rest has been It's been history. We built some dope stuff, but I got to give credit to that Turner interaction for three years for me and really taught me a lot about the digital world and how to actually be on your own and how to survive out here, how how viral works well, how hot content, and really really about how to really articulate in dialogue to the audience and articulating it to where they can understand it and put it in terms where you're not so traditional. You know, we don't wear suits, we don't come suits and boot it. You know, we talking to the kid out there. This is more like a corner conversation. If you pull up on some blocks like in lending, or if you somewhere and like in the BX, if you indict me, if you somewhere and and and and and and on Chrisshaw something, you may see a couple of corner guys just sitting on the corner talking shit. You know what I'm saying. Like you you're a country boy down at Scspringfield Park or something, you may catch this kind of conversation. And that kind of conversation that me and Pe have is really really contingent to a lot of guys that we know. When we sit around you know, Matt and Stack and we talking basketball and it ain't nobody in the room and we're blowing and it's the atmosphere and it's the environment. Those the conversations that we really really really get a lot of fans tapping into, because those the guys that want to have that kind of conversation. When we when you're looking from a fart, you're like, whoa, whoa, what they're talking about man, that looks crazy and you get up on it and it's just a bunch of spirited, passionate guys and that's how guys talk. So we we've learned and got a formula to that, and we haven't really seen more people take that chance because it is the way you got to do it. It is a way that it's got a formula to it, and yeah, we're enjoying it. Man, Pete crazy, So it makes my job a look deeper. You know, you got crazy ass stacked. So you already know you know what I'm saying, who really, who really are kings? And what they say in their words and what they bring you got to honor it because he brings a whole nother light to it. So yeah, we work, you know what I'm saying, freaking frat we work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of pe, I mean, this dude's almost lost his finger fell in the pool the other day at his daughter's birthday party. What has been like, you know, kind of not re kindling because you guys have always been straight, but just your guys' chemistry. I always say that the secret to these shows are the chemistry with your partner. And obviously Jack and I have a special chemistry, but you and you and Paul's chemistry is unbelievable and it's literally humor within anger and frustration sometimes in comedy. So talked about your guys' chemistry and what it's been like getting get getting back together with Pete.
Speaker 1: So, Matt, you know this stack only gonna listen but to so many people, right, and when the temperature goes to one to ten, those people are very important because when you got a friend that can go to zero to a hundred and they ain't really thinking about the consequences, those very it's probably three four people that's on their list, right, it's a responsibility to you to start to be that person when you're around I really feel like that when I'm with Pee Pete, I'm the friend that tells pe nah that ain't cool or no Pee nah nah, I ain't feeling nothing, no Pee, no, no, I don't care. I get it. No, no, not that one. And you need those friends because Paul got a bunch of motherfuckers that that bow toying and he Pete, No, we all bow to him, and you know, we all wanted the best for him. But sometimes some of the stuff ain't ain't it. So it's just my opinion. He can hear grown man. He gonna do what he want to do anyways, and vice versa. You know, he'll say something to me that I wasn't necessarily thinking about, or he'll bring up a point to I really wasn't locked into and not honor him for that, because you need real ones around you, bro. We were not professionals in the states of that. We're human, we make mistakes, we have human emotions. Sometimes we're emotional, and you need those real around you to tell you real stuff. So I'm god grateful for pe Mann straight up, just like you off the stack. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, it's.
Speaker 5: A real brand.
Speaker 2: Switching over to the playoffs right now, Wolves on the brink of elimination tonight. A couple of different storylines. I mean, Kat struggling from the three point line shooting thirteen percent, Anthony Edwards to me has looked gast only shooting thirty eight percent from the field, Luke and Kyrie have taken it to another level, and then the young boy Lively has been really live. Tyson Chandler two point zero. What has jumped out to you about this series?
Speaker 1: Man? I don't want to make this long winded, but I want to go somewhere with y'all for a second. Y'all chat here with me for two seconds. Y'all be here, So stack Matt. You know what I was thinking about it as I was watching the Young Wolves. Two things. I'm gonna make a two part. I don't want to stretch just for hear me, feel me, bro I'm watching the young Wolves play hard, and I'm watching them give a solid effort. But it made me think like this, Then the young Wolves ain't never been here before. I mean their bodies, I mean they're they're they're mental. So the Michael Jordan effect is two effects. Michael Jordan changed the effect of how you came into training camp a lot of lot of If you look at yesteryear's times, a lot of guys used to come into training camp and get in shape during training camp. Mike Jordan effects changed it to where you came in to camp and in camp ready, and it changed the whole mechanism of the league so much that coaches GM's ownership expected you to come in ready to go. I say the second part to that was that his effect when he left base well he left for baseball. He came back and he started playing in the summertime with Antoine Walker, a bunch of young guys that was in my time. And what he was doing was the guys that were just coming off or just didn't make the playoffs or just coming out of playoffs. He was making them playoffs to July first. And I said, why July first, because that's when the finals went through. The finals went through almost June eighteenth, June nineteenth, But Mike Jordan taught all of us to play through July first. You know why, because you want to continue to watch the games and keep that vision in your head of whatever you're chasing. You want to be able to condition your body and condition yourself so that you continue to play throughout these truft I bet the Minnesota timber was wasn't conditioned and their bodies are not conditioned to go past may Bro just because they're made. They're using on vacation right now. They chilling their bodies sub consciously or not have not been here. So this is part of the process.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 6: When you look at everybody's process, look at hard Mike. It took Mike eight years to get there. It took it took it took Cold five six years to get there. It took Brian Man.
Speaker 1: When you look at everybody's duration, those guys had to go through something to reprogram their bodies from one stage to another. Bro. When I went through what I went through, it No. Four and I thought I could beat Covid Shack. I got there, in the realness of it was Damn, I can't beat them with sam on a broken hill and a half fast whatever. I need more weapons, And than it hit me, Damn, I'm not really conditioned to be here or to go beyond this. And I was tired. I had decent ass series, but it wasn't enough to dethron the King. You feel me? Detroit later on went on to beat the Lakers four to one. So by the time I got to oh Wait, I was already conditioned on the vision, and I was already conditioned with the body and what I was going to do when I got my situational, when I got my chance, so much that I played so differently eight just because of what I went through and though for and I'm seeing that going through with the same walls man, that this first markup success in their eyes is something to feed off of. It's something to grow, you understand. So now that when they go back I actually listen, They're probably not gonna win the series, but I'm glad they got a taste of this, so now they know what to build up up. Anthony Edwards gets a summer, he gets to rest a little bit because a rejuvenated cat and Anthony Edwards is really your foundation, and that's important. Another thing to Minnesota's ownership. Make sure in these Olympics that these Olympic coaches do not play Anthony Edwards. You hear what I'm saying to you, because it'd be a lot of those little games that people don't really talk about. Bro, you get in the Olympics and we're supposed to be this twelve man roster of superstars, but yeah, I'm playing the both of the minutes forty minutes, I'm playing thirty six minutes. Clip had to call and be like, hey, look, I get it. But yeah, we got a season two and you're like, reals, talk nobody's talking about that. You feel me that perspective is a real one. So I'm just throwing these parodies out to say that this is part of the young Timberwalls process, and I really feel like this is what you got to go through to be able to go to the next level.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great point, too, Ticket, because I feel like they match up very well. It's just coming down to closing. You know, the last three four minutes, last two minutes, you've seen what Luca and Kyrie have done, and they've both been although Luca's been to the Western Conference finals, Kyrie's won a championship and been in the finals before, they know what it takes to close. And you see these small subtle mistakes down the stretch by Minnesota overpassing or or jacking up threes and not getting good looks when the teams are making runs. And I just think, like you said, I think the experience from this is definitely going to serve them well in the future.
Speaker 1: And listen, another point, do we understand I mean, stack you play with J Kidd, bro, do we understand it? J Kidd the maniacal? We have not given J Kidd enough credit. J Kidd once was one of the best manipulators point guards that can break down any off defense in the league. Now, don granted he can't come out here and do this stuff himself. But when you watch Luca, it's so much j Kidd in Luca's game. The no look libs, I just say j Kidd had a step back like Luca. And I'm not calling them the same players, but I see Jason Kidd's influence and both Kyrie and Luca and their decision making as they come off screams, as they come off being aggressive, Kyrie pulling up like I'm watching it. I see j Kid with the joystick pushing R one cross over there to joyststick up. Look, I see him. I see his making all of this. Bro, we need to give a lot more credit to Ja KiB and then he's reincardinated. Uh freaking Tyson Chandler. He's lovely in the in the goln bro. He got two Tyson, Bro. I've never seen so many dunks and lobs in a series ever. And when have we ever seen two, not one, two sweeps in conference finals?
Speaker 4: And that's what I wanted to touch on too, Like I was gonna touch on that, like the coaching wise, Like you talk about the team being young, ship the coach over there being young too, because he hasn't just really made adjustments great adjustments from series to series.
Speaker 3: J Kidd has you can't.
Speaker 4: Play the same Wegas Denver as you play against Dallas, and it's two.
Speaker 3: Different type of teams, it's two different offenses.
Speaker 4: So I see J Kidd really our coaching Minnesota's coach bro and that you know what I'm saying. He Minnesota coach done done a great job up to this point, but the situation he put in in you don't even know what to guard. You took him off Kyrie because you see Kyrie draining him. Now you're putting them on somebody else.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It's kind of too late in the series to be making these changes because Dallas know what they got you.
Speaker 3: They got the knife in you already. All they gotta do is pull it out now.
Speaker 4: So J Kid has done a great job of making adjustments and putting this team position to be up three to zero. I think Minnesota coach didn't make an adjustments from the last series.
Speaker 1: First off, I would have never put Anthony Edwards on Kyrie. I would have. I would have. I would have put his pride to the side and his offense would have prioritized I would I would because because without scoring the Timberwolves can't just go off defense along. They have to turn them turnovers over to points. I didn't think they I see the difference in the road McDaniel and a home McDaniel. Obviously your road players played better at home, but I've seen zero adjustments. I didn't think Rudy Gobet should played should have played in this series. And I say that he. I say because if you give it up love, dunks and guys are being able to if you haven't had a chance to put a presence on the game, then you're hurting them. And I see them playing faster when he's off the floor. I would have went smaller. I would have put speed against speed, and I would have put a bigger guy. I damn it would have put I mean, Jamie Dank, listen the ship, Luca doing the shit. Kyrie. You can't even it's greater offense over greater defense. Bro, It's nothing they can do. I would actually take the ball out of their hands and make Washington Junior, make Jones Junior and make a lively beat me. I would have these part players beat me, but they are Washington Junior is hit in the corner, three Jones is getting air Ones and going to the cup and Lobby got like fifteen dunks. He's perfectly like, you're not taking nothing away, and I'm surprised it ain't no hard files, my dude, with a hard man, I'd a man, I'd have been gave a hard foul right now, Man, lobs, it's too bro. Look at let's shit for a second. Look at the Pacer Celtics series. I've never seen so many layups and dunks in my life. Bro Like like and listen when the league gave up physicality for points, man, and I ain't even gonna say water. I don't want to say water, damn. But Dad, let's say I have to play defense. Whatever team play defense is gonna win the finals. I don't care what it is. I don't care if it looks sloppy, if it's not attractable. It is what it is. Defense wins wins. Bro, Man, real, stop real talking. You know what we're not talking about too. Dallas gets stops when they need it, man, man, Dallas get calmed, and they do a great job of hiding Kyrie and hiding Luca. Hey, y'all sit over here, let y'all and then we're gonna use our three dogs Washington Junior, Jones Junior, Come on, Lively, y'all get up in these picking rolls and switch, switch, switch and do and then they bring in dream man. J Kidd is diabolical with this bro I've been watching. I was like Snell Minnesota has no idea what's going on.
Speaker 2: I think before we head off to the next series, real quick, I want both your guys' takes on Kyrie Irving, someone who who It's never been a question about his his his talent on the court and his skill level on the court. It's been his mental and and I guess happiness or or or at peace with it. I mean, we're seeing the best Kyrie Irving we've seen, and the fact that he's been able to and I think I don't know who's an old interview or new interview where he said he can play next to the best players in the world. Him and Luca are incredible right now. And obviously we mentioned the j Kid effect and how great their role players are, but Kyrie Irving has been on another planet. And the fact that you can have a Luca and as soon as Luca wants to give it up to somebody else, that next person he's given up to is Kyrie, and there's zero drop off when that happens. So what Jack, I'll start with you, what do you think has been that the key to this beautiful basketball?
Speaker 5: The Kyrie Irvan has been playing well well.
Speaker 4: For me, I just look at it as different because you know, like I said, we've been there. I'm not even close and never was the player Kyrie is. But from the side of it where I'm comfortable, I can just play basketball.
Speaker 3: That's all the difference to me.
Speaker 4: Like you look at me, I have my best years where I could just be me, and Golden State, don Nelson be me, and Charlotte leb Brown and Cosalz let me be me. They just let me play basketball when people are when everything outside the court is not brought on the court by other people, not you, you can just play.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing with Kyrie. He's free.
Speaker 4: He loved playing the game, he loved being him. I just want to play basketball, and I can do it at the highest level. But y'all take everything me living my personal life and the way I feel and bringing it on the court. I'm not the one doing that. Y'all doing that. So now Matt, he's just playing basketball, and the same people that was degrading him, the same people that's saying and kick him out the league, the same people saying suspend him, don't sell his Bernards jerseys. All that are the same people supporting him now because it's not nothing he's doing different.
Speaker 3: He's playing basketball. He's still doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: But y'all letting him be his own person outside the Mavericks are.
Speaker 3: We talked to Mark Cuban.
Speaker 4: Mark Cuban, they love Kyrie, they know he a free thinker, but they letting him be him because they know one thing about it. If you let him be him, he's gonna come out and play basketball. Look, you know what I'm saying, You let and then that's and that's what it is. So I love the fact that he's with Jkidd, like like KG was talking about, because KG been there. I mean jk had been there, that one of the best point guard ever. He been through a lot of stuff in his career, not to the level of the magnitude of Kyrie, but he's been through different things, so we understand it. Kyrie's in the best situation he can be with an understanding owner like Mark Cuban and the.
Speaker 3: Coach that's been there. That's one of the best players in the game ever.
Speaker 4: I think this is what you see when you're comfortable, you happy, and people are treating you with respect and you're giving the same respect back.
Speaker 5: Ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the piggyback with Jack's talking about. He looks at p I think he's uh said less. I think saying and sam less has helped him. No, So you know, let's just be honest. Brooklyn is a different climate than Dallas. You know, he's from Jersey, He's from that area. The Nets in the Brooklyn Nets ownership group is a very different group and they have their own beliefs, if you understand what I'm saying, right, right, So that was more about that more than anything, you know. So it was good that he was able to change up his environment, and I think in the sense of being in a different environment, he's succeeded and he's thriving now in this whole run, Kyrie's peace has not been disturbed. He looks very vibrant. He looks very calm and very very codious. If I'm able to use it respectfully. Some of the big shots look confident. He looks there, He looks very present. Right. The only question that's coming up in this next in this final round of the finals, that's just safe scenario. While it is the Boston Celtics. This will be the most challenging because it's just the finals and because of the relationships in the past, of his actions and things that he done in Boston and left Boston the way he left it, the narrative there is there for all of that to be with Stirf. Can he keep his peace in this hectic energy? Can he keep his peace in this hectic environment? You know, he made it about race. You know, he came out and said that, you know, some things happened race wise and all of that and blah blah blah. I mean that's I mean, that's gonna tap into your you know, I'm just saying that to say that this is I'm just all I'm saying here and all this coming up, bro, is it's going to play a part like I've never seen it. None of the series, any of his peace or his viboration be changed him height And I think Aunt calling him out actually activated him. I think Aunt him said he was holding his kid and then hearing that and he sat up, bro. But you're not a sleeping dog fleet, you know what I'm saying. So he should thank aunt for that. But this is gonna be another level of I think encouragement, and I think this's gonna be another level for him of of him trying to embrace something and keeping a certain level of steadiness and calmness, because yeah.
Speaker 3: He can unlock another level of Kyrie if he mastered this one case.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, if they're able to go into the finals, if the Maveris and Celtics meet in the finals, and then there's some parody there too with Porsenius and Luca. You know what I'm saying, Like no one's talking about that they got a new history, and I think Luca kind of eluded that he didn't have any heard and you know, so it's listen. I'm seeing the narrative shift right before our let's get it, bro, let's get it.
Speaker 5: Let's get it, so ticket before we get you out of here.
Speaker 2: The media seems to think that the Celtics have not been challenged yet due to the injuries they faced along the way.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts, man, Listen, this is what I had a problem with everybody. The Nadia's on the road. You're supposed to get your ass beat on the road. Dog, you're down on the road. Okay, So you're playing the home team at home. The home team is beating your ass like they're supposed to. They came back and they beat you. Listen, it's not the selfish fault that niggas is getting hurt. It's not the Celtics fault that people are dropping life flies. It goes back to my subconscious Halliburn. Then may played this far into may Bro. They ain't even come man. Listen, what I'm getting mad at is that no one in the basketball world is respecting the process of these young stars having to go through the process. And we're in the middle of those players the process their bodies. They remember when you was in high school and you went to college and you got to college, that made you left weight. You know why they was doing that because you had to acclimate your body to the college level of play. You got in college, you came to the pros, same thing. They made you get stronger for the lead. This is one of those processes that you gotta go through so that you can go deep into the playoffs and have some visions. That's all this is so, it's not the Celtics fault that. What do you mean not challenge? To be on the road down eighteen ain't a challenge. This is where the basketball people start to separate. This is where the watered oilers starts to separate. Y'all don't know what you're talking about. Down eighteen is a You gotta be a monster to do that.
Speaker 3: The hey, they talking about Halliburn too.
Speaker 4: Really, McConnell and and and they Smill have been playing better than Halliburn and the whole playoffs anyway, So the best players are on the court. Halliburn have been playing that well. He's been turning the ball over in clutch moments. His shot ain't just been falling, you know what I'm saying. See, I can been here and there the best players. McConnell has been their best, most consistent player through the whole playoffs.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: So I don't I don't want to hear they talking about we didn't have Halliburn. The guys have been playing. The best was on the court.
Speaker 1: They was up eighteen, and the Pacers got all these excuses.
Speaker 3: I don't want to pass.
Speaker 1: Got majority of their whole team. You know what I'm saying they went up for completed Nick team, all that stuff. Everybody got here they hear, right, I want to hear none of else stuff they ain't on the Celtics to who got hurt and all else. They're getting the best right from the players that are on the floor, from the pacers, and that's all that matters. So you know what, it's what it is, and they're battle tested to be able to come down, be down eighteen on the road and this sh that's something. I don't know what ever, I think that is. I don't know if you just think you can click the microwave button and in a minute, is he Isna? Nah, bro, you got to put the ball in the basket and you gotta convert it. You gotta get stops, and then you got to be able to win, to hit free throws. That's how I know for me to get you out of here.
Speaker 2: What does this mean to Jason Tatum? Some of who I feel is overlooked in the grand scheme of things. As one of the best players in the world. He's been to the Eastern Conference Finals a whole handful of times in his short career. What would it mean to him to get over this hump.
Speaker 1: I think you put them in another class. I think he puts them ahead of his peers, and he and in those piers. I'm looking at Anthony Edwards, I'm looking at the Cats, I'm looking at the Max. He's there, Beads. You know, he has a young class that he's in that every one of those guys that are just named is trying to separate themselves. And that separation is how you is when you start winning championships polo. You know, the young people, the young guys down in Miami, the young okc Conda, you know Shade, and it's a the Jalen Greens and the Jabbari's. You know, it's a bunch of young guys that's seen a group that everybody's trying to see, Hey, how can I take the next step? And the next step is winning. Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum have a chance to be able to start their process. They are the most out of all the young guys, they are the most worthy. They They've had more conference finals and more playoff experans more than any of those young guys. So this is part of the process. I think they're up next. This is their this is their chance to kind of create their own dynasty these next three to four years. This is it right here, this is their window.
Speaker 5: I love it. Well take it. We appreciate you. We'll see you tonight.
Speaker 2: You can catch certified smoke on All the Smoke Productions YouTube starts at five fifteen Pacific.
Speaker 5: We'll see y'all there, all right, bro, appreciate your help, man, my dog, your daughters.
Speaker 2: Jack, Before we get out of here. Apple Music is at it again. Their top one hundred albums and History was released, and I'm gonna give you the top ten and We're gonna nit pick.
Speaker 5: Coming into number ten Beyonce.
Speaker 2: And Lemonade, Nirvana, never Mind, Amy Whinehouse, Back to Black, Kendrick Lamar, Good Kid Man City, Stevie Wonder Songs and The Key of Life, Frank Ocean Blonde, Prince Purple Rain, The Beatles, Abbey Road, Michael Jackson's Thriller comes into number two, and the number one album by Apple Music of all time is The mis Education of Lauren Hill. You don't look happy, Jack, every time we do this music, you don't really no.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm shaking my head like, how can you go wrong? You got mis education Lauren Hill number one and Mike number two.
Speaker 3: That's a great list.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so you are, but I okay, I'm gonna challenge you. I don't see no jay Z in here. I don't see I don't see no Early. I don't see no Pok. I don't see no Early, Kanye West. I don't see who is who else? I don't know I see Park jay Z.
Speaker 3: I'm just going just park nobody. That top Yeah, that top ten.
Speaker 4: I think I think Frank Oc can come out of there and uh.
Speaker 3: And no Biggie, No No.
Speaker 2: They didn't give us enough though, just part I think a lot of I've been seeing a lot of people question but this was my ship when it came Good Kid, Mad City. I think that was a great album. I think a lot of people are questioning that at number seven. Is it because of what just happened or is it because he earned it? But I was a huge I mean that that ship. Ibought that ship for a year straight.
Speaker 4: You can't go wrong with Stevie Wonda and uh, Prince eis all that? All that, even the Beatles in Nirvana, all that's solid.
Speaker 2: Nirvana was my high school. I went to high school with all white kids. There was always all that. Ye Bill, you can't go against the Beatles.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to everybody who made the list, particularly the top ten.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Shout out Lauryn Hill. I'm still sad, jack we only got one from her. Hopefully one day she'll we'll get another one. Just throwing up that that that lets you know how cold she is on the album The One Life.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 2: Like some motherfuckers put out fifty albums, thirty albums, twenty albums and can't get one that she put out one that that changed the game. So shout out miss Lauren Hill.
Speaker 3: No skips, come on the show please.
Speaker 5: That'd be dope.
Speaker 2: What would be your personal would you change number one? Do you have a personal? You would keep it there?
Speaker 4: I listened to the album all the time. She's one of my favorites. Michael Jackson number two. I listened to the album to it. So no, that's like I said, I I put pock in there and take frank Oceana.
Speaker 2: Well, make sure you guys check us out on all the Smoke Production YouTube, yeah, and the DraftKings Network. You see y'all next week.