Speaker 1: Come on on this episode of the Heat Check, so much to go over the dynastic, dynamic, amazing Golden State Warriors go back to the finals.
Speaker 2: I've always said I love that team, always said I love that team. For the sixth time in eight years, once Thanos unblipped us, they got back to their dynastic ways after gap years of Steph Curry and Klay Thompson being injured. So Boston looks like they're gonna close this baby out tonight against Miami. And we also have some current te and some updates from around the lead Brock, So go ahead and drop that off the beast, all right, So we gotta get into the current news. It is our daily weekly check in on the state of the Brooklyn Nets franchise. And I got through multiple paywalls, I set an incognito window up, I figured out how to get to the New York Daily News. I put in a fake email so that they would allow me to have five free one free article. And according to I'm not gonna make you do all that, So we're gonna just kind of put that out and give you their news and disseminate what the truth is and what this means moving forward because I tell you what the headline was, end times.
Speaker 3: The end game is near for the Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Nets because of, of course, the complications around Kyrie Irving. Right, we talked about this last pod. What's going on with Kyrie? What these comments that he's made mean on the I Am Athlete podcast? Things that I just can't really wrap my mind around, but things that give me great pleasure in the tea world, which I love. I'm actually gonna have My birthday is tomorrow. I'm gonna have some tea time, going to afternoon tea. So much cut out coffee now, I'm all in on the tee. That's besides the point. Unlike Marvel and the Multiverse, there aren't fourteen gazillion outcomes for this whole Kyrie Irving thing. There's only a few potential outcomes we could see. There's like three three outcomes, right. The Nets are now expected to play hardball with Kyrie because guy won't play a full season, Like he's just not around, Like do not forget he went on walk about during the pandemic. He had to take some time for himself. After the insurrection, he got suspended because he went to his sister's birthday party with no mask on, when that was like a major thing we all had society needed to do. When the NBA players were all locked down, they couldn't leave their hotel rooms or their apartments without having strict measures in place, certain people that they couldn't see. Remember those times, like that was Kyrie a year ago, right, So that and then of course that's not even including the whole fact that Kyrie Irving would not get vaccinated in a city in the state where you need to be vaccinated to be inside of a public place and perform inside of said public play, so had to be sat.
Speaker 3: Out of home games.
Speaker 2: And then the Brooklyn Nets, of course, as you know, said well you can't play only road games.
Speaker 3: And here we are, right, and then they get bounced out of the first.
Speaker 2: Round sweep sweet broom broom swiffer, easy work, not even a full broom like a swiffer.
Speaker 3: Right, that's where we're at now.
Speaker 2: And they're saying that because they're gonna play hardball with this New York Daily News, that they're gonna play hardball with Kyrie. This means that there's a potential exit plan, a hatch, if you will, something, some escape route, something Our school systems apparently need for Kevin Durant. Here is the quote from the New York Daily News and what they had to say. If Irving leaves outright as a free agent this summer, disgrundled by the nets hardball stance on his availability, Brooklyn doesn't have the cap space to replace him, which means Durant, entering year sixteen Geez could be playing with the questionable Ben Simmons and a roster full of Measley role players.
Speaker 3: That's a first round exit, folks.
Speaker 2: And if Durant decides he's gonna stay around for a first round exit, which is sus and just wait for the inevitable to play out, which we're not even sure. If that's the case, Durant in the NETS front office might have some decisions to make.
Speaker 3: And they haven't even.
Speaker 2: Spoken since they were swept out first round. Alert Alert Warning, Warning, Nets are in peril.
Speaker 3: Nets are in.
Speaker 2: Serious Please eject, Please turn around, go the opposite way. In Layman's terms, New York Daily News says, if Irving leads the Nets, it would not be a surprise if Durant becomes frustrated with the organization's ability to put championship pieces around him.
Speaker 3: I didn't leave Golden State for this.
Speaker 2: They failed to do so at the beginning of last season, with none of their top off season acquisitions James Johnson, Bembrie, Javon Carter finishing the year in Brooklyn. Thus the fact that the Nets championship hopes hinge on an amicable solution with Irving, whose personal decision not to get vaccinated and predictable unpredictability in his injury history have left the Nets hesitant and now, according to it the source here it gets here where he gets really interesting. According to a source familiar with the Nets thought process, out right unwilling to give him a long term extension.
Speaker 3: Folks, folks, this is bad. This is really bad.
Speaker 2: The Nets outright unwilling to give Kyrie Irving a long term extension. Thus he either needs to ride out his player option, he becomes a free agent, and then what happens to Kevin Durant, He doesn't just chill and stay in Brooklyn on a four year max contract. That's Deuce's pair That with Kyrie's statements about reuniting with Lebron James feels like the Nets are in the middle of the grenade. Is already in the building, folks. It's it's got about five seconds until it explodes. Everyone needs to leave the building in now. Who is to blame? You might ask me? Everyone, all of them, every single bit. Josiah and his greed and his impatience, Sean Mars and his ineptitude, Steve Nash and his privilege and inability to get folks who knew what they were doing underneath him and empower them.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving for.
Speaker 2: Recruiting James Harden to the team, the Nets organization for even putting that trade together where you mortgaged your franchise for a guy who's fat and old and really cantankerous and bald dominant with two other balld dominant players.
Speaker 3: You gave four first round.
Speaker 2: Picks for him and chered Allen and Karris Lervert and Torrian Prince. Not to say Torrian Princes anything, but like you could use him. He was pretty good in that Minnesota Timberwolf series, folks, Folks.
Speaker 3: So what happens now? I don't know. I just know it's not good.
Speaker 2: We got Chris Carreno, the NETS broadcaster, on and I can't wait to ask him. Well, he has to say but I tell you what, it's.
Speaker 3: Hush hush around there.
Speaker 2: If the Nets are unwilling to give Kyrie Irving the Max and Kevin Durant.
Speaker 3: Leaves, then you have no first round picks.
Speaker 2: The cupboards are dry, and Brooklyn just goes back to being New Jersey to move him out again, I don't care. Move the Knicks to Brooklyn. Geez, man, where does he go?
Speaker 3: I don't know. If I knew that, I.
Speaker 2: Would be filthy rich, Miami would be awesome. Jimmy Butler to Brooklyn. They need someone who can initiate an offense.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, I tell you what. All right, let's move on. Next piece news.
Speaker 2: We all know Brad Beal's about to sign somewhere. Probably gonna be some hoopla around his decision, probably some documentary like Jimmy Butler had.
Speaker 3: Do you think I'm man Brock?
Speaker 2: You think I'm playing where there is no hoopla, There is no fanfare, just a Brinks truck and smiles all around.
Speaker 3: Is in Denver. In the imminent.
Speaker 2: Future, we will now have the new highest paid player in the NBA in NBA history. Nicola jokicch two time MVP, just got offered a five year, two hundred and sixty million dollars super Max contract.
Speaker 3: Shams is reporting that he not.
Speaker 2: Only plays decided immediately, but has made a long term commitment to the Nuggets. Even though we talked about Tim Conley being duss, he said, listen like it's good. They had a meeting, and this is what it leads me to. The best part about this is that the Jokic brothers were very involved in the process of getting Nikola jokicch to basically sign on and say I'm committed to the Denver franchise long term, even with all of the gms.
Speaker 3: And executives leaving.
Speaker 2: The Okich brothers, you might remember, are the ones that created a Twitter profile just to come after the Morris Twins like them. So they are now operating as a shadow agents for Nicola Jokic. And so they met with Nuggets GM new GM Calvin Booth and his team over the several days, and they reported back to Nicola, Yep, yep, everything's good.
Speaker 3: We're all on the same page. They're gonna get you some goons. Everything's good. All is well. They even gave us a little spot on the team that we.
Speaker 2: Have no official title we're just your enforcers. Don't worry about that. That's actually don't think that's news, but I think that's probably what somehow happened. The option upshot of these conversations is that the Nuggets convince Jokic that they are not only are going to keep Murray, Porter and Nicola the core, but they're also going to be very aggressive on the market, focusing on defensive minded players. Because remember, the Denver was the twenty sixth best perimeter defense, which is another word for saying like fifth worst, so really really bad, mask wol not great.
Speaker 3: So really they need to shore up the perimeter, right PJ.
Speaker 2: Truck Tucker time, Lord Grant Williams. They're gonna be going after these types of players. The Nuggets are set to be fifteen million dollars in the luxury tax right now already as Gordon and Porter's extension kick in this year, I could very easily see Aaron Gordon going bye bye. They paid I think two first round picks for him.
Speaker 3: Who cares? Who cares? You don't need him.
Speaker 2: He's not a piece of the core. Notice the core did not include his name, so this means wash. The Nuggets on Draft Day because Sham's reported that if it means discussing the team's draft assets as a way of upgrading into win now talent, that they will do that. There's an openness to that. Nuggets right now have the number twenty one pick in the draft. Could yield them something. Move the twenty one pick with Aaron Gordon, maybe you get a piece back. I'm not sure they're thinking about. Maybe if they do.
Speaker 3: Take somebody in the number twenty two, twenty.
Speaker 2: One pick, maybe like a defensive minded wing like French international player Uzman Jang he's six' ten with a seven feet, Wingspan or Maybe Kendall brown From baylor who's six to seven with the six to eleven. Wingspan Maybe David. RODDY i don't like him as. Much he's a point. Guard they don't need. That they already have a bunch of guards six six six eleven. Wingspan but remember they already Got Bones higland with a twenty six pick last. Year they got five spots, better, folks, ALL i know what does it all? Mean even though the architect is, gone his minions remain. Strong jokic isn't going, anywhere and neither of The nuggets cannot wait to see what The nuggets actually, do because we know it's probably gonna be more decisive and smarter than our pea brains can wrap our minds. Around won't look good on Draft, day but we'll probably end up making The All rookie team just like Bones hiland did at the number twenty one, spot or they're gonna get the difference Make, oh so it's.
Speaker 3: Done it's, done.
Speaker 2: Folks The warriors are officially going back to the finals after eliminating The Dallas, mavericks, who let's be, honest nobody expected to be, here then won a first round series With, luca and they got to The Western Conference. Finals they beat The suns number one. Overall see nobody thought that would. Happen so Great luca showed that he is very. Good he is, him especially if he ends up getting in. Shape Jalen brunson, said he showed he's gonna get paid somewhere around twenty million dollars a. Year but on the flip, side for The, mavericks it showed there is definitely some work to need to make done in order for them to progress and get to a better, place in order to progress past where they are now or at least even stay.
Speaker 3: Where they are. Now Remember denver got.
Speaker 2: To The Western conference finals and then they got swept the next, year right by The. Suns denver got to The Western conference two years later they ended up losing The warriors in the first, round who weren't even in the. Playoffs so just keeping the same core doesn't always really, work no matter how successful you were in prior, years because other teams get, better other teams make, moves and you get. Worse so the big question now is, like what do you do? Next what Does Mark cuban.
Speaker 3: Do Jalen.
Speaker 2: Brunson i've been doing a little mass school crunching the numbers, today, crunching doing some serious, crunching and lots of speculation about What Jalen brunson is gonna. Do like we, said he had a coming out. Party he's gonna get, Paid he's gonna get the, bag all the, money gonna get probably somewhere between twenty twenty five million dollars a, year averaging sixteen to five and four single handedly at some points in times Without luca in That utah, series getting them to win games That let's be, honest if it wasn't for, him they probably would have lost The jazz in the first.
Speaker 3: Round we wouldn't even be having this.
Speaker 2: Conversation now he's a free, agent a lot of speculation about what's gonna, happen what he's gonna do, next, right interesting comment coming From Mark. Cuban he, said we could Pay jalen more than, anybody AND i think he wants to stay here and that's what's. Important the, issue, though is what's more, important which is the lack of cap space that this team. Hass and this is where the.
Speaker 3: Number of crunching comes. Involved twofold.
Speaker 2: Issue brunson says he wants to be a, starter, okay and right now he is a, starter But dallas also traded For spencer. Dimwitdde spencer did when he's making a lot of money as. Well can't have him all on the floor at the same, Time, folks, listen Should Jalen brunson be a starter for The Dallas maveris when he's like six Feet he's.
Speaker 3: Like six, FEET i don't.
Speaker 2: Know Spencer dinwiddy kind of Makes Jalen brunson a redundant. Asset and you got rid Of Christas, porzingis which you needed off the. Books regardless. Right not Sure Jalen brunson is interested in a secondary, role playing second fiddle To Spencer.
Speaker 3: Dimwitddie And i'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure That spencer Didmities dimwiti's that worse Than Jalen. Brunson that man was instant offense against The warriors last.
Speaker 3: Night he was the only one to could.
Speaker 2: Score And Jalen brunson's minutes have nearly doubled since the, bubble right around thirty five minutes per. Game but how do they all three function? Together do they all three function? Together that doesn't even include the fact That luca also needs, Help so, like how Does dallas Keep brunson and get more? Help how do they Keep brunson and not get any help and get anywhere closer to where they were any closer to the finals than they were this, year especially when The clippers are getting, better The pelicans are getting, better The nuggets are getting. Healthy like you've, got you, know obstacle after. OBSTACLE i don't think that's what you want to. Do. Baby is the trio Of, Luca dinwittie And brunson good enough to get past The? Warriors no Althy, grizzlies no or Revamped sun's.
Speaker 3: Probably not wha what? Up what's what are you?
Speaker 2: Saying Mark Cuban jaalen future looking twenty twenty to twenty five million a year with two years left On dimwoody's twenty million dollars a year, Deal that's somewhere like forty forty five million dollars a year for those two guards if you Resign. Brunson add In Tim hardaway's twenty million dollar, Deal burton's at sixteen. Million starting to get the. Feeling Finny smith at twelve million means The, MAVs without doing a, thing already sixty million dollars over the. Cap that is a lot of, money and that is not Including brunson's. Money Signing brunson could mean sixty million dollars a year in, tax in, tax.
Speaker 3: Not including his.
Speaker 2: Salary when calculating how much The mavericks need to pay to keep them as signing that they assuming they only sign up for twenty, million, listen don't believe. Me you can go, Ahead Google luxury tax calculate put one hundred and seventy one million dollars in for, salary which is one hundred and fifty one which is where they are now plus twenty million dollars With Jalen, brunson and that is eighty million dollars in tax plus salary that you now have to. Pay Is Jalen brunson worth eighty million dollars a? Year that is some Crazy Kelly ubre, like, honestly that's What that's What Golden state did last year With Kelly.
Speaker 3: Ubrey where'd that get them the play in?
Speaker 2: Tournament so what do you? Do you gotta get rid Of Tim. Hardaway he makes a, million like millions and millions of too many.
Speaker 3: Dollars he's.
Speaker 2: INJURED i don't even know what you do with. Him luca needs more. Help The MAVs aren't even being a slightly coy about needing a rim protector who could actually play defense on the wing and not have to Play Maxi clay bat. Five they got their asses handed to them By Kevin, looney And Kevon looney is like a top thirty center in THE. Nba, so, FOLKS i don't mean to sell on the, alarms but things are for a. Team he just went to The Western conference. Finals you're in a pickle. Here Rudy gobert is being floated.
Speaker 3: Out that would be.
Speaker 2: INTERESTING i have some trade ideas in terms of how they get that, done but none of them include Keeping Jalen. Brunson SO i don't know what Though Mark cuban is. Saying he's saying he's a. Liar he's a.
Speaker 3: Liar he Likes Jalen, brunson but he's not gonna pay he he's on short. Take you think he's Keeping Jalen brunson for eighty million. Dollars, No brunson is.
Speaker 2: GREAT i really like. HIM i think he's a good point. GUARD i think he's a good starting point, guard one of the.
Speaker 3: Best table setters in the. League BUT i do not see him being paired With luca and this team going.
Speaker 2: Anywhere not because they don't want, him not because they don't need him to some, degree but because they cannot afford. Him they need to make more, changes not just keep this thing out and roll it all. Back where does he ends up end? UP i don't, Know probably maybe The. Knicks he's an interesting two way. Guy he works, hard he can, shoot he can set the, table he can, play make take the ball out Of Julius randalls's. Hands, oh, Which god knows we need That. Kyrie if he bolts looks like The nets will be in need of a point. Guard that would be a, nice little spicy. Move who, knows Maybe kyrie For Jalen brunson and maybe another piece.
Speaker 3: To make that math, work make the math. MATH i don't.
Speaker 2: Know maybe maybe some people Think brunson could end up as A piston with a sign in trade With Jeremy, grant which would be very, interesting like a little Trade Jeremy grant For Jalen. Brunson detroit gets Better Matt MAVs get their room. Protector and the question is if The mavericks do move on From, brunson which they, will how do they construct a championship Team because anything less than a finals appearance now feels like an L And luca has already gotten a taste of winning now and he doesn't want to step, back and we know he needs to step forward and then forward some more on a treadwill in order for him to win some more meaningful games.
Speaker 3: At the end of late game.
Speaker 2: Scenarios, yep step forward on the, treadmill step back from the, Buffet luca step away From, slovenia Which i've looked at On Google google images now looks. Amazing maybe bring a nutritionist with you when you. Go speculation now is that The MAVs are looking at Zach Lavine Jeremy. Grant LIKE i, said Zach lavine would be. TERRIBLE i Think Bradley beal might be a nice option out of the. TWO i Think grant is probably the better. Play LIKE i, said lots of speculation About Rudy. Gobert that would certainly solve some defensive. Issues Miles turner has been linked to The.
Speaker 3: MAVs.
Speaker 2: MAN i don't know About Miles turner and his health though both would Make Maxi klayberg go by bi. Him maybe he plays four man, regardless they can't keep Using luca as much as they have for two straight. Years luca's usage rate is thirty seven, percent which is number one in the league Over joel M. Beid the number went up to forty percent in the. Playoffs he can knot keep it. Up if the man like look at. Him he looked exhausted in that first half that, game and it was, Like, hey you're gonna go home if you don't start making some Shots, luca and they was, like oh, yeah this is this is a closeout. Game you can't continue to carry a team on your back when you're forty pounds overweight without getting significantly. Tired The warriors targeted him on defense because he was out of shape in late game. Scenarios he couldn't keep up and be The lebron type player That jason kidd wants him to. Be he was cooked by the fourth, quarter game after. Game and you, know another.
Speaker 3: Issue is That dallas was last in THE nba in.
Speaker 2: Pace of play this. Year cause you, Know luca's, fat he, slow and so fighting a way to get out of the transition might help minimize a lot of the wear and tear On. Luca maybe Play luca off, ball find another person who can play make and get their own shots so that all all the attention is not On. Luca maybe Give dinwiddie permission to handle the ball and have him play some point guard a little bit. Too and Dim witty's a lot, taller a lot stronger Than Jalen. Brunson no shade To Jalen. Brunson what do you think he's like, five it's just taller than. Him so real quick About Spencer dinwiddie, though as an, aside we know he's a weird, guy right this is what he said after the. Game he, said BEFORE i got To, dallas this team was. Connected when they asked him, like what is the what are The Dallas? Mavericks what do you think about? Them and he, goes when BEFORE i got here they were. Connected they look like a pretty connected. Team AFTER i got, Here i'd.
Speaker 3: Say sexy because the sex.
Speaker 2: Appeal went way. Up we're a good looking team, now, man have.
Speaker 3: You seen his.
Speaker 2: Cydeburns they're not filled in, Yet, like maybe come, On spencer never. Changed this is the same guy who wanted his entire salary in. Crypto by the, way that has gone from fifty thousand dollars per crypto to like eight thousand. Dollars so maybe not Take Spencer dimwiddie's advice on financial. Things, anyway interesting stuff happening with. Mas can't wait to see what happens In dallas and the. Offseason all THAT i know for sure is that they are going to BE i said they wouldn't do. IT i said they couldn't do. IT i said they'd never do it. Again and they did.
Speaker 3: It they did.
Speaker 2: It The warriors did go nine to one in the first ten. Games The warriors did go back to The finals with the same crew Including wiggins And, pool WHICH i thought they needed another.
Speaker 3: Star apparently they. Don't and NOW i have had a couple of thoughts and a couple of. Revelations, One you're.
Speaker 2: WELCOME i, mean the mush, continues so if that's what it, takes, like Maybe i'm technically the Biggest warrior fan out.
Speaker 3: There And, Two i'm ready to lay. Down i'm. Ready i'm ready to. Change i'm, tired dead. TIRED i.
Speaker 2: Didn't sleep a wink last. Night ALL i could think about was how DO i prevent taking so.
Speaker 3: Many damn l's on These.
Speaker 2: Warriors SO i figured out a plan at around three fifteen in the morning last, night WHEN i was scrolling TikTok and looking At Summer league outfits On, Pinterest Dark Deep, hole and THEN i thought to, MYSELF i have an. Idea i'm gonna bet The warriors to win every single fucking game Until Steph curry. Retires dead, Serious i'm not. Joking this is not a, bit this is not a. BIT i am dead serious without. Exception i'm. Preseason i'm betting them in the preseason, Games Summer league. Games i'm gonna bet them every game in the regular, Season Steph curry, PRESEASON Mvp, Future, FINALS Mvp, Future Klay Thompson FINALS Mvp. Future i'm going to bet them every series in the playoffs because we know they're gonna get there. Again i'm gonna bet them and they're over on their win total in the futures, Market i'm gonna bet.
Speaker 3: Them to win The.
Speaker 2: West i'm gonna bet them to win it all all By, september every single year Until Steph curry is no longer A.
Speaker 3: Warrior if The warriors, lose do you THINK i care about? That do you THINK i care if The warriors lose AND i lose money because of? It do you Think i've? Changed, No i've not. Changed i'm just finding a new.
Speaker 2: Strategy i'm just finding a new way in and It's i'm gonna be rooting for. Them it's gonna sound Like i'm rooting for, them but you, know in my, Heart i'm rooting against. Them you know WHAT i, Mean chess not. Checkers you know What i'm. Saying, Like i'm gonna say that there's still a. Dynasty i've already started. It i've already started on every, hit best Franchise i've ever Seen who cares that the first ring that they won WITHOUT kd wasn't With kyrie because he was injured In game one and was Missing Kevin.
Speaker 3: Love who cares about? That who cares about?
Speaker 2: That who cares that they gave up a three to one lead to The calves Without Kevin?
Speaker 3: Durant who? Cares they're still the best.
Speaker 2: Team they're light years ahead of everyone. Else IF i lose the, MONEY i don't. Care i've started to make my own heisty at. Home the money THAT i spend on all the is now just going to mushing The. Warriors it's called The warriors Mush. Fund And i'm either gonna be extremely rich or extremely.
Speaker 3: Happy and either a, way it's a win for. Me Chi, Ching Chi.
Speaker 2: Ching it's either A i'm like eating off Of warriors tears Or i'm eating steak dinners off Of warriors.
Speaker 3: Dubs who? Cares? Dubnation i'm. Ready i'm ready dub.
Speaker 2: Nation and we talk about The warriors moving forward a, lot but it's fascinating to Hear Steve kerr reflect on how they got back to the finals after missing the playoffs two straight.
Speaker 3: Years what was the, reason what.
Speaker 2: Was the answer of The Steve kurr, said you might Wonder Steph curry because why wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Be why wouldn't it. Be it's Always.
Speaker 2: Steph it was Always Steph, Curry Steph, Wardell Stefan.
Speaker 3: Curry everything good about The warriors revolves Around. Steph take Out. Steph no more light.
Speaker 2: Years So curR said that the genesis of this, TEAM i guess shedding their skin or becoming a butterfly again out of being a caterpillar was when he signed his four, year two hundred and fifteen million dollar. Extent unlike a lot of, Stars Lebron James, Lebron curry put almost no pressure on The warriors to quote unquote win now and get another star. CURSET a lot of stars would have, said, no you have to trade all these young assets for a.
Speaker 3: STAR i need a Star, organizationally the decision was let's grow these young guys so we can have a bright.
Speaker 2: Future very few people And steph shoes would have, said all, Right i'll embrace.
Speaker 3: It let's go to.
Speaker 2: Work instead of making a, big splashy trade like they were, saying maybe they would go out and get. Beel remember that that was big. News Ben Simmons thank god they didn't do. That Who they use their two first rounders on young Players kaminga And Moses, moody very, young probably never gonna.
Speaker 3: Truly truly contribute in a meaningful way While steph is in his. Prime but they don't. Care he's gonna be changing. Diapers he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Care don't even get me started On James. Wiseman we've talked about that a million in bajillion. Times But steph just listened To Bob myers and the plan, was we're gonna win. Now we're gonna keep this team, together The corps is staying, together and we're gonna draft a bunch of youngsters so that this team never falls off a. Cliff we had a big mortgage on This Chase. Center we're not about to go back into mediocrity when your little lass.
Speaker 3: Retires and they Asked. Steph. Hey, also by the, Way draymond fell in.
Speaker 2: Line he even voiced his support For kamingo on draft night all the way From japan during The, olympics if you. Remember and so they Asked steph why he didn't use his, leverage And steph, said that's not HOW i. Operate there were conversations in different paths to, take and we all had conversations about going different, ways meaning they probably didn't initially.
Speaker 3: Agree but at the.
Speaker 2: End of the, DAY i have a lot of trust In Bob, myers a lot of confidence and what we're.
Speaker 3: About there was no.
Speaker 2: Panic obviously a help that we won a couple of championships that affords some, patients but there was no panic in terms of getting, Me clay And draymond another run at, it figuring out how he could get pieces around us to make it. Work just patience at the end of the. Day and now are back to the. Finals they Have jonathan kaminga who's bouncy only, Nineteen he came off the bench three times this playoff. Series gave The warriors, eighteen, seventeen and seventeen three separate playoff. Games what and Then Moses, moody who nobody expected to do anything right.
Speaker 3: Away he spent most of the season in THE G, league then.
Speaker 2: Out of, nowhere gave The warriors ten minutes and seven points in a closeout.
Speaker 3: Game.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous not to, mention they Found Gary payton second literally inside of a Couch Kurt cushion literally they cut him and he was like CAN i just still stay? Around, like do you? Mind IF i just like still come to, practice you have to pay.
Speaker 3: Me it's gonna hang. Around and then they.
Speaker 2: Signed him only The warriors dub. Nation we in here, discarded nobody wanted. Him has me sick to my. Stomach it tastes bitter sour.
Speaker 3: Like a bad. Diet The warriors are back to The finals with just their core.
Speaker 2: Three by not panicking taking on a contract they might live to regret Like la did With Russell. Westbrook but instead they just put their faith And Andrew wiggins And Jordan, poole who's only twenty, two by the, way and a guy Named Gary payton, second and they got to the verge of The Promised land Because steph put his faith in This Silicon valley crazy mindset of winning now and winning later. Simultaneously that seemed crazy and still probably does seem crazy to most folks on the, outside even, me while still simultaneously building for tomorrow in a sustainable.
Speaker 3: Way Golden state fans don't deserve.
Speaker 2: This they. Don't they didn't do anything to deserve. It they never did a. Thing they just continue to be. Entitled but it's. Okay i'm gonna profit from, it and we are fully of board your own negative. Commentary anymore about The. Warriors you're not gonna get, Me you're not gonna trick.
Speaker 3: Me it's All. Warriors it's, gold gold. Blooded that's what they call.
Speaker 2: It absolutely, gross absolutely. Gross all, right really quickly before we, run BECAUSE i gotta. Go we got to another show to. Do is. Over it's a. Rout boston about to kill The. Heat thank god the heater or a hospital. Wing they have no half court. Offense Jimmy butler's on one, Knee Kyle lowry's thirty pounds overweight with one. Hamstring Victor oladipo is the only serviceable guy they have right. Now tyler hero off of bad.
Speaker 3: GROIN i mean it's. Bad miami had a.
Speaker 2: Hard time scoring in the half court when everyone was, healthy let alone where they're at. Now the only shot that we. Have WE i don't even know what we call Non warriors fans. HAVE i PROMISE i will not say this. Anymore is It boston wins this? Series Because boston's obviously a much better.
Speaker 3: Team than The.
Speaker 2: Heat miami needs to go now after another score to open up the half court.
Speaker 3: Offense i'm.
Speaker 2: Thinking hearing a lot of conversations Around Bradley.
Speaker 3: Beal how they get? HIM i don't.
Speaker 2: Know are they gonna Trade jimmy doesn't feel like. That that certainly doesn't help. Him they Need jimmy and somebody Like. Beal do they Trade? Bam i'm not, sure but it does feel like for them to be the number one team in The east and consistently being slept on because we didn't Trust jimmy and we didn't Trust bam and all these other, randoms they are. Randoms Max, struce of, course he went one for eleven in a big, Game.
Speaker 3: Like He's Max.
Speaker 2: Stroops he's, Undrafted Like, omer You're, Steven, like, yeah He's Irmar, omar you're seven yerked, seven that's his, name that's his. Name of, Course Duncan robinson's. Overpaid he he went to Like wellesley.
Speaker 3: And then transferred To. Michigan these are not good blue chip.
Speaker 2: Players Like Victor oladipo is the biggest blue chip player that you have and he has to have a funeral for a, knee so they need to figure it. Out they got to The Eastern Conference, finals AND i think that's about. It, like, yes they went to the. Finals, yes they went to The Eastern Conference. Finals but somehow in your heart and your, soul when you say to, yourself is This heat team prepared for the, future what do you, say is it?
Speaker 3: Yes not to? Me that half court.
Speaker 2: OFFENSE i am so GLAD i don't have to watch Another heat game for a while after. This AND i had twenty five to one odds on them to win it. ALL i could have won a lot of. Money and you know, WHAT i don't.
Speaker 3: CARE i don't.
Speaker 2: CARE i don't want to watch another second of that, terrible terrible team play Ugly La lakers style. Basketball get it out of, here get it. Out what happens, NEXT i don't. KNOW i think Pat riley's gonna be, active just Like dallas. Will they need to figure out what to do With Kyle lowry Though Kyle, lowry cause he's making forty million dollars and he's thirty seven, million thirty seven dollars seven twenty million dollars a year for two more, years and he's thirty seven years old.
Speaker 3: With an injury. History so what do you?
Speaker 2: Do figure out a way to get him to. Retire that's what you. Do buy them.
Speaker 3: Out maybe he'll be healthy next year and help them and turn him Into Unnas. Haslam there it, IS i fixed. It that's all the time that we have for The Heat.
Speaker 2: Check we'll be back On monday with a new, episode so follow us as things continue to bubble up for the. Finals look for live. Podcasts, also we're gonna do those on The odyssey. App, ALSO i might be going remote on the, road so if that, HAPPENS i will let you. Know please do not, Forget please do not forget to, download, Subscribe please tell your. Friends follow us On socialized Heat check And trista crik on