Speaker 1: Welco up to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Okay, let's get right into it over the weekend. Well, listen, the very next day after we tape our emergency episode, we did learn that Britt Dye filed a twenty million dollar lawsuit against the network. Her claims are defamation and sexual harassment. She has said that due to the revelation that the photo that Kenya posted on the poster board was down of her, that she suffered through emotional distress, she had to suffer through the consequences of a photo that wasn't her, and all of these things dealing with that particular photo. She did not sho up to the reunion. She's followed the lawsuit for twenty million dollars. Claudia Jordan, what are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: The girl don't lie so much. I just don't know what's up and what's down, what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 3: I just don't know, Like I just I don't see how I feel like.
Speaker 2: You were complicit in the lie if it in fact isn't you in the picture? Because you milked that for four or five, six, seven, eight nine episodes of saying how it was you right and how you were so traumatized from the image being shown, and then you admitted to being a webcam.
Speaker 3: Girl, and you kind of admitted for images to be out there.
Speaker 2: You kind of you played along, you were complicit in this, So how do you contribute to it? And then say, whoa you guys did it to me? If I knew, I never took a picture like that, sucking a thang thing and a picture the first thing I would have wanted to hear when someone tells me that my picture was shown me, I need to see it right now?
Speaker 3: What picture?
Speaker 4: What picture?
Speaker 2: Not? Oh my god, I'm so the story. Oh I lost my insurance license. That was the first thing you went to. So were you planning this from them? Or I don't really know what to believe because if it wasn't you, And then the network made it look like it was you, that's one thing, But you helped them carry the storyline that was with you. You never once disputed it. You never once said I don't have a picture like that. You never once said, show me the proof.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Yeah, you know me.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 5: Juxtaposing emotions related to this lawsuit. Right on the one hand, when they announced the new cast for season sixteen of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, I was excited about bret Eaedie. I looked her up. She had a unique vocal tune, she had at the looks, you know what I'm saying. I just felt like she could have really given us some of the things that make us excited about Real Housewives of any city. Right. She was sexy, she was quirky, she was different, She showed potential for growth in all levels, you know what I'm saying. And I really felt like she has something to offer. This lawsuit shit that's too deep for me. I'm not gonna touch it. Like whatever y'all figuring out, y'all have to figure out in the powers that be will handle that. But I just feel like britt Edie and Bravo both had an opportunity to really present us with something fascinating and something that was exciting to watch. I think britt Edie got caught up in being defensive. I think she got caught up in defending herself or feeling like she had to defend herself against whatever it was. Right. But I feel like she felt like she had to defend herself, and she became defend the way we saw her tonight easily triggered in the conversation with Shemiyah when they were talking about gifting and donating something, she easily could have panned to the side like I don't give a fuck what y'all thought. I gave what I gave and if I'm gonna give someone else saying man, if I'm not kiss my ass. She could have had that sort of disposition, right, But she felt in the scene what I felt when I watched it was like she felt like she had to speak up and defend herself. Britt Edy is a person who stepped into season sixteen of a monstrously popular reality show, and I think she felt like she had big shoes to feel and instead of instead of leaning into her authenticity as a personality, she played to the voices of the fans, the voices of the people that watch the show, and it resulted in disaster. So I hate to see it me personally. It ain't about whether I agree or don't agree, none of that shit. I hate the outcome of what happened because I feel like there was potential for of this so much.
Speaker 2: Better there, Corlos, I don't know if any of you read the law I did not, and I'm see I'm seeing some of the rain drops are saying did you read the lawsuit? And Daniel Lopez says her and her lawyer ask approved, but the network didn't show her. If they did, then they're in trouble for that, right, they're on the hook for that. If they actually did ask, then I feel bad for her. But again, I don't know what do you think about this, Carlos.
Speaker 1: Based on what has been revealed. We did mention on it was Thursday. They mentioned Thursday night, and the days are going by so fast. All three of us mentioned Thursday night when she did not show up to the reunion, and then breaking news during our live taping, she posted that the picture wasn't of her, and we all said, like, well, why didn't you see it? First, Now, Claudia, the lawsuit is saying that she allegedly did ask for it and that they allegedly did not show it to her. That that, to me is again I'm not a lawyer. I'm not a lawyer. I don't work in human resources. That is a surprise revelation, because that was the biggest thing the three of us thought was so odd that if you were accused of something where you said out of your own mouth that you try to scrub things off the internet, and you thought you did that, and if somebody said this is you, and then you asked to see it and allegedly you weren't able to see it, I don't know the legalities of why that wouldn't happen. I do find that strange, just based on again, I'm not a lawyer. I'm only basing this off of human interest, and that part, to me is a little bit strange if that actually is true. We don't know if that's true. What I will say is this, I'm like Dustin and your Claudia. When it comes to brit I felt she had so much to be the next reality sensation on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I'm a firm believer that everybody deserves a second season. I don't believe anybody gets to right their first season. I think your first season is sort of like your rookie year. It's sort of like your time to sort of like get your group growing. I know for a fact that there's several girls on all reality shows who may not had a great first season, but they were brought back and they became the fan favorites and they got it right. I actually was looking forward to seeing, like, Okay, who are you outside of the scandal. Obviously we're not going to be able to see that because when you sue the network alleging these activities. I just don't think there's a world to where you can come back the following season, because I am hearing they are going to be taping the next season.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about it though, Let's dig deeper into that, right. I'm so sorry that need to collect offices. Go ahead and make your point, because I'm not gonna forget what I have to say. Go ahead, Claudia, Okay, my memory don't.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to disagree about the star quality of brid I just don't see it. I don't see her as a star because I feel like she had to lie so much and kind of like not really be herself. She can't possibly be this way in real life. I feel like the way she's so easily triggered, like, I can't imagine you have anybody in your friend in your life if that's how you behave all. I feel like a lot of it was put on for television, including the expensive cars, the bags, and then not really being able to pay a bill at the country club only bring in toilet paper and paper towels and Maxi pads for a donation. I feel like she was putting on a personality that was crafted for what she thinks the fans are real Housewives of Atlanta wants, instead of being her authentic self. And we didn't really I really felt like we never really got to see any vulnerable moments with her. The closest with me, f Camon was when she kind of got a little seen to get upset in the beginning about these images. Now, wasn't they were seene If I'm not mistaken, my memory's not as good as it used to be. Okay that she did show the image to her husband and they had a whole conversation about it.
Speaker 3: So which is it?
Speaker 2: Did you show did you have the images in your possession and show him.
Speaker 3: Did you not? Was it not you?
Speaker 4: Was it you?
Speaker 3: You didn't see it? Did see it? You know what I mean? Like, I don't know what the truth here is and that's the problem.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I don't think that if you have to constantly keep track of lies and stories you told, I don't think you have the potential of being a good reality So Carlos, you know, we talked about this having actresses on reality TV, A lot of times they're two in their head, and I think Britt is two in her head of what her her gay bestie might think that would be a way to go on a show and read someone.
Speaker 3: And I think she's playing to that instead of what you should really just be.
Speaker 2: And I see a lot of these girls do what they think that maybe their guy that there, their gay.
Speaker 3: Bestie tells them.
Speaker 2: And I'm not that's not me throwing money on the bus or come if anyone, but you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, yes, bitch, read her, do this.
Speaker 2: That's surface though you need the sex need to be higher when it's really about something. I feel like everything was just she was looking for like a one liner. It doesn't, It didn't ever really feel authentic to me.
Speaker 5: It is disappointing in brit Eadie's case specifically because that is the one thing that I do feel a little bit differently about, because I did see promise in her as a housewife. There was a vixen esque quality that she had right where there was a sex appeal and edginess per se that worked towards her favor because we didn't know her right We knew nothing about her, nothing about her personality, nothing about her home life, but just looking at still images of her, there was a sexy, you know, just like again, a vixen esque quality about her that I think would have translated really well into keeping my interest as a first year housewife. Right outside of that, outside of that, there was intention, There was effort made. Again, I know I talked about it last week, but if you really tap into what she was wearing in some of those confessional scenes, she had on the Roberto Cavali dress that Alia wore at the VMAs everybody remembers with the tiger stripes. Elias was I think yellow and black. Britt Edie had it on red and black, and her interviews. These are archived, real historical fashion pieces that are relevant, that sort of accessibility and even understanding that wearing something like that will be impactful, that it can and could have equated into a fascinating first season housewife. I think that the incident overshadowed an eclips to everything, and I do think that britt played into what she thought the fans wanted to see or what she thought the fans wanted to hear her say, as opposed to just leaning into the authenticity. So I agree with y'all on that. I absolutely think Brittany played britt excuse me, not Britty because her name, according to Bravo is Brett Edie. I believe brit played to the fans and it to her own detriment. That's it.
Speaker 2: She had the look, she had the fashion, even whether it was rented or not right, and I'm not trying to comfort whether she was providing you the visual. That's why I think you guys were really disappointed, let down, because upon first sight, you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, who's this?
Speaker 2: It's interesting, right, But then her personality and her desire to play to the fans, I think every week made her drop lower and lower and lower in the ratings. I mean in the rankings because there was no authenticity except anger, right.
Speaker 3: It was always mad about.
Speaker 5: It, even in the anger, even in the confrontation. What makes confrontation on these ensemble cast reality shows interesting is the off the dome, witty, motherfucking natural memorable phrases and sayings and witty retorts, the shit that Claudia, you are an icon, right one season or not. You're an icon for the way that you handle your motherfucking business in the paint with needy leaks right and with no in to imitation, and as a person who knows you personally, you were being one hundred percent or so and that was enough. And I think that's the difference. So I'm disappointed because I think, say what you want, like my feelings about the incident outside of it, britt Edie I think had high hopes for herself for her first season. I feel sorry for her. I feel bad that her first season turned out the way that it did. I'm not excusing her of any any you know, anything that is on her. I'm not excusing her of any accountability or any responsibility in what has happened or in the way that this season turned out. I think all the makings and the pieces were in place. Shout out to the producers. I think they did everything they could do to set up a really dope ass season. I think season sixteen was still good. They set up everything in the way that they could. But unfortunately, when people feel attached to or connected to the idea of defending themselves against all odds, we end up here. I think that's what happened. So it's unfortunate. That's I feel disappointed more than anything.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree. Listen, listen. I'll close it by saying this and we'll move on to the next topic. But I'll say this much Britt had the potential, right, I agree with both you, Claudia and Dustin in different ways. I was able to sort of familiarize myself with the briat her coming on the show. And listen, I'm the king of reality, so I know everything that happens in Emma's business. Right, So when I heard that Britt was being considered, I did my own research, not the way Kenya did, but I did my own research, and I was like, oh, listen, I'm Carlos King, so you know, hi, I'm good. How are you, thank you. I'll see this weekend. Look, I'm hearing some good things about Britt. I think Britt has the potential. I love Keith, think she'll be great for the show. You know, I'm being I give my two cents. I'll give my two cents. When it came to Britt, based on early projections of what I heard, this is, this is, this is true. Sorry, ok, language, I have a few awards from the New York Association of Black Journalists, but who's counting. I intended I sell that to say she has so much potential, And when I saw the first episode, that's what I said, Like, I love Kelly, I thought she had everything. Dustin is right in the sense of the fashions, albeit rented provided by stylists, celebrities do it. It's all good. She she at least understood this assignment. Her stylist is this is this iconic person named Parishay in Atlanta. By Parashay is a fly motherfucker. So she was able to get somebody of that stature. And apparently he ain't.
Speaker 5: Cheat out reason why, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So she definitely was able to give get that. I think what Claudia is saying is true too, in the sense of I know reality girls more than any motherfucker in this.
Speaker 5: Business.
Speaker 1: What Claudia is saying is true. Britt was too in her own head. Britt, Britt did not allow herself to be seen organically, authentically and naturally. She was too. She was too much in her head. It's okay that you're not quick on your feet as a reader. Not everybody knows how to be a Niani, a Claudia, a Kenya. You know, even Chara Charae is able to do it in a way that is comedic, not Kim zosiac. Let's let's be very clear. There are certain girls who are really amazing at being quick on their feet with the read. Britt wasn't that way, and that, to me is fine. I wanted her to be more of herself. I don't know what happened to her this season. We'll get into tonight's episode. I'm gonna say this, let's just get right into it. Well, no, let me back up, because there's something else want to talk about first. I do put that for her. I hate that she has to go out this way, but this is her life. She's able to do anything. She wants to do with her own life. If I was her friend, I probably not. Probably if I was BRIT's friend, I would have said to her, there's other choices for you to make. I'm not in BRIT's life. I'm not Brit. I don't know what she went through. So if this is what she felt she needed to do, more power to the woman. I personally would have said, there's other ways to handle things, because this is something that she has to live with and this is something to where it's not the legacy that you want for yourself. But again, this is her life.
Speaker 5: Child.
Speaker 1: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the.
Speaker 2: Show as someone that I won't say that I'm an expert at female franchise, but I am definitely a girl's girl.
Speaker 5: And I have a whole lot at all. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of really good friendships, long term friendship with girls. What I get from Britt and I know we're gonna move on from her is I feel like Britt her relationship with the girls was only on camera, and I don't think she cultivated those relationships off camera because I think if she did, she wouldn't take everything so personal. You know, when you got a Bessie, you can say Okay, I see you, or just give a little fake hug. You're not gonna get defensive because you're like, that's my bitch. Whatever, it's no big thing. But if you're only around each other during work hours, you may take every little thing as a slipe, as a disc getting defensive and like, because you don't really have a history, you don't have a relationship with these girls, you know, like me and Annie. This certain thing she could say that someone else may think it's shady, but I know, like the backstone of that joke, you know. And it felt like Britt did never really progress with anyone friendship wise. For a minute, it seemed like current Porsche will kind of start to be not besties, but they would seem tighter, But like, it doesn't seem like she's had a an they progress friendship wise. You see, Angela Oakley and Porsche had that big thing, and then they even moved forward and you could tell that they probably had some conversations off of camera.
Speaker 3: And I think Britt did herself with the service by.
Speaker 2: Maybe not fucking with the other girls or whatever maybe, and then so then we only see it when he shows up, So you can tell there's not a lot of love there for anyone, even her and Kelly. They say Besti's but I never could tense. I never really felt best the energy between those.
Speaker 5: You're hitting the nail on the head because even in tonight, what episode number is this? Thirteen? Fourteen? This episode fourteen? Loose? What episode is this? Bro even worse fifteen? Whatever the fuck it is, It's too damn late for us to be having a conversation at the table where brit is telling the rest of the cast, not one person, not two people, but the entire the entirety of the rest of the cast, telling them that she doesn't feel supported or that they don't know her, and Porscha is literally saying what you laid out, Claudia. So for those people that think Claudia and Portia don't never get along, you're wrong. Claudia, y'all, name y'all, the same thing Portia said. I never got a side call, I never got another conversation. I mean, Claudia, you were just saying, like, yo, Britt, it looks like Britain is not making those connections outside of the requirement of the scenes, and that's important, you know what I mean, especially in a show that's about people being friends and again still how you want to feel. People have obviously taken sides when it comes to Kenya versus Britton, made it ken versus Britt. If you if you step outside of that and just zoom out, I believe Britt, Edie Britt and Kenya could have ran this season as a duo. There were so many options for her that I think if you want to lean into, say call it what you want, you want to lean into the villain role or whatever the fuck you want to call it, cool, you could have done it in different ways. And I don't think that she intended to fuck up the season. I don't think that she intended to ruin a relationship with Bravo and the powers that be in the bigger umbrellas over Bravo. I think that she just felt like she had to play to the fans, and I felt like part of her playing to the fans in her mind, looked like being defensive as far as she could go with it, you know what I'm saying. And I feel bad that she never felt comfortable enough to just be herself and exist in the fullness of that. That's all.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna give another person credit and prov that y'all think I hate Dave Parks did give good advice. You can't be beefing with everybody in an ensemble show. You can't because then it's you're gonna be the odd man out right, and then guess what, They're all gonna have scenes about you and then you are out of there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because she just beef with the whole Mary to Medicine cast, So she was talking about shit. She knew. She just came off of a season of Mary to Medicine where everybody said her shits.
Speaker 3: So you know, you know, nice think I'm a hater, but you're right.
Speaker 5: That's what happened. She was. I mean say, it's the same story though you're You're still correct. She gave good advice, but it was advice that she got by the way of lessons learned. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: I still think Tajor should have been a front of the show this season two giving advice a friend of the show.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of friend to the show, I want to before we move on to the rest of the episode, I do want to talk about what happened this morning or late last night. Rather, our friend Kenya Moore has a new series on her YouTube channel called Life Twirls On. She dropped her first episode late last night. Guys subscribed to Keny Moore's YouTube channel. Is actually the production of that mug is tens across the board? She what's amazing. I want to talk about the fact that Kenya Moore gave her dreamcast for the Real Housewives of Atlanta, and then Kenya Moore's dreamcast she mentioned Nini Leak's Charae Whit failed Ibo, Marcel Juice, so Dora, Candy Burris, and Claudia Jordan. Did you know that he did?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 2: Listen, people think that I come in here and I cat for her every week. I talked to Kenya like every year and a half, Like we don't talk that much, but when we talk, it's all good.
Speaker 3: Damn. I don't know if she said that.
Speaker 2: I saw like a clip where she just looked beautiful and the production looked but I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't need to watch it.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Kenya, I love you, Kenya.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I know we don't talk every year and a half. Every damn almost every leap here. But I appreciate that. Damn thank you. But Kenya is a fan.
Speaker 1: Of When she gave her reasons as to why she named each girl, Kenya Moore said, Claudia Jordan is highly intelligent. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That means a lot coming from her because she's I think Keny is brilliant.
Speaker 1: I really yeah about that live is it a good list?
Speaker 5: But she named past I know, I thought that was ridiculous and I wish Kenya would have really taken it seriously. She said Brittany Grinder and Easta Ray and I felt like and then and then she also said that Angela hopefully was her favorite housewife because she could fit in with the other people. I felt like Kenya was reiterating and regurgitating, you know, the the She was echoing what people have been saying about this season, and I wanted more from her. We finally get to hear you talk, and this is what you got to say, Kenya, I wanted more. Now. Was the production level flawless? Absolutely? Did she look chrispy and beyond beautiful. She looked like the literal beauty brand, beauty queen, beauty standard that she is one hundred percent, and it was good to see her because I've missed her, you know what I'm saying. But I thought that regurgitating or echoing what I know or what I can, I feel comfortable assuming right that she echo what people were saying about the show. Of course you're gonna say Angela Oakley is your favorite, because that's what people are saying right now, and you have been playing to what you thought the fans wanted to hear from you all this time. That's why we ended up holding that poster. You know what I'm saying. So I just want Kenya. I want better for Kenya. I miss her terribly on this show and I want her back on this motherfucking show. And I can't wait to see episode too, because it is an incredibly produced YouTube series. But don't just regurgitate what you see the fans saying. You know what I'm saying, I want more from her.
Speaker 2: That's all to Keny's list, A lot of the women that she named are no longer on Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: So, as we said earlier, if only there was.
Speaker 2: Like a showrunner or a producer that we knew that we could possibly get a hold of that maybe could make a show and maybe do a I don't know.
Speaker 3: It could be called, you know, Carlo awful women.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think we talked before about it'd be like the castaways, all the people that Real Housewives let slip through the crowd. I mean, just think about the ratings. I think we get more than five hundred thousand yewers.
Speaker 1: So I'm so happy that we know somebody in common who can do all things through Christ and sprint this health. So I want to get Okay, Oh, I'm gonna gag you really fast. Somebody came up to me in Detroit as Dustin was supposed to the event too, and Claudia hats fans, despite which I want to believe, so long thory short. This woman comes up to me and she goes, I just love me some, Claudia Jordan, and I said, you know me, Oh she's great, it's great. This is the best park. Claudia, and I thought of you. I want to disagree. She said, has she ever thought about being a pastor, cause she'd be preaching.
Speaker 5: Claudia, I would tie. I would tithe. I'm telling you right now, I would tie.
Speaker 3: First of all, I cannot give you one accurate quote from the Bible. The Lord is my chant. I don't know anything in the Bible. I just live my life in a good way.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't quote.
Speaker 2: Then again, isn't Amarosa Reverend it's I mean, it's people like that from fact. My grandpa was running a church for a minute, but I think he's passed now recipees Tom Jordan's. But I know he did it just to get bread, so I think anyone could probably do that.
Speaker 4: So hey, he.
Speaker 3: Did very much.
Speaker 1: Grandfather in heabit. Okay, maybe.
Speaker 4: He was a mess.
Speaker 3: He was a little scammer. He's a drive a limousine, not as a to work.
Speaker 5: Like that was it was his personal vehicle. Okay, maybe he had a lot of friends. Claudia, you know what I'm saying. That's why you're a social butterfly. Baby. You got it from your granddaddy.
Speaker 3: My grandpa was a scammer.
Speaker 2: He'd be like a baby girl who is a long distance provider. I'm like, do not ask me for my social Security And I mean, Grandpa, I'm not giving it to you because you don't put mortgages in your name and other in your grandkids' names and then never paid him.
Speaker 3: He was a scammer.
Speaker 6: He's that now, but I can't not well listen, maybe he tied more than two hundred and fifty dollars with toilet paper and other toletrees, so it.
Speaker 1: And sanitary napkin. So in this episode, you guys are going to disagree with me, I think, and that's totally fine. In this episode, Deania brings up the fact that Britt, who drives a rolls Royce Harrys at Barkin, only donated two hundred and fifty dollars and some totletrees child. She sort of went around talking to her about it. She kind of got on Britt and I wanted to take shots. I felt that, and I love me Shamiyah. I felt Shemiah was passive aggressive in this episode. I felt that Shami had a heart off for brit. One thing about donations, which I believe isn't tiding. You should be a cheerful giver and twenty dollars, two hundred and fifty dollars, whatever the amount is, you should be able to accept, especially when it's something where you don't give somebody the monetary value of what you need. So if you're telling me Carlos, I need some donations, and you don't tell me the amount. I'm going to give what my heart wants me to give. And I did feel like Shamiah was doing a lot in this episode. I did not like Shamia in this episode at all. And I'm going to say this and not take it back. I was actually on BRIT's side in this episode because I felt that Shamiah should have been way more direct, like, look, I have a problem with that, but to go around circles with the conversation and then to bring up cause you know, people got rolls, Royces and Burkin and and Brit was like, you're talking about me, and she goes, well, we all got rose voices and it's like Tomia, she was.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 1: We're gonna watch the scenes in which you called her out to Kelly and Kelly, I love you too. I thought that Kelly was accurate.
Speaker 5: La Kelly, I'm gonna give her past. Kelly set the play up. We got the story on the show moving. Kelly set the play up.
Speaker 1: Personally agreed that she agreed with that even that.
Speaker 5: Was was essentially that she did and you're right right, and but even that her agreeance was pushing the story forward, and at that point nobody else was, including Samiyah, who said, well she trying, she tried to car just say it. Well, you know what, Rick, You're right. I thought it was fucked up that you didn't that you brought pillar to posts to the donation, you know, drive or whatever. I thought it was fucked up saying Shamia instead of instead of gaslighting her, which is literally what she did. And it was It was disappointing because as a person who has loved Shamia and still loves Shamir on this show, right, just because you know, one thing happens like that, I don't understand. It's not about me agreeing with right, everybody thinks you had to agree with something, Fuck your agreement. What I don't understand, though, is what Shamia said in that scene, and that's okay that happens. But Rick was in the right saying, yo, you're talking about me, Like what the fuck? But she should have just stood in it, like you're right. I didn't give a lot. I didn't feel like I needed to. They both could have taken more ownership of the narrative. And that's in that moment. That's all I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, I'm agreeing with what y'all saying. I do agree that.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: I just saw Samia today and she kind of shared something with me that I can't share on tonight show. But I don't know the quarter of when, what happened when, And maybe that's why she.
Speaker 1: Has she been seeing the clips of our recaps.
Speaker 2: She has and she actually loves it. Actually, she said thanks for showing her. Yeah, she watches it, she want it. And I took a video that I'm gonna send her and I'm gonna share with you guys, and she she definitely watches what we say.
Speaker 3: She said, thank you.
Speaker 2: I actually gave her my two cents on a couple of things. She shared something. There's been a lot of talk going around town about possibly Britt making a comment about Shamia's daughter.
Speaker 3: She shared something with me. I'm not going to share it until the show air, is it.
Speaker 2: But if that happened before the scene, I could see why Samia had it for brit because what she said was was not cute. It was really it was actually pretty fucked up.
Speaker 3: But if it.
Speaker 2: Happened after, I will say I do think that Shamia, you know, at first glance, was she was definitely gas letting Britt like, you know, I'm you know, I have not.
Speaker 3: Really been here for Grit. Well, when you're right, you're right, and you're wrong, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: I wish to be able to have said instead of saying, well some of us pulling up with you know, you know Rose, Rices and Birkins.
Speaker 3: You were definitely talking about Britain. We all knew it.
Speaker 2: And then when when Britt said I drive that, she said, we all do no keep it a buck and keep the same energy. This is my issue with Britain. Now I do agree. I don't think that you know, if you don't tell someone what you're looking for, us a donation, they don't really know. Like we did our prompting and we'd never told people on them out and there was one person that was super rich I donated. We was like, that's it, but we didn't tell him what we wanted to raise. So we can't be like that, you know what I'm saying. So and also where Britt messed up is when she did that scene. Instead of standing by what she said she want what she donated, which was basically two packs of paper toiles and some maxipads, she lied and said her people were on their way back with more stuff, and that was a lie. So again, Brits, if you would just keep it a buck and stand by what you say, we would be able to give you more grace and rock with you'd be like all right. She didn't know, but she sat there and her first instinct instead was.
Speaker 3: Saying, well, I didn't know how much you would.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it a thousand dollars range you're looking for? Is it five hundred? Are we just giving little things? Are we supposed to clear with our closets?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: That really wasn't her fault.
Speaker 2: But what was her fault was lying and saying her people were packing up the rest of the stuff to bring it, and that wasn't the case.
Speaker 3: You was full of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now we got a whole Now you again a self inflicted wound with that one, right, you could have just said, oh, I didn't know what you need?
Speaker 3: You need more? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well I don't have it like that because I gotta make this Rolls Royce payment or I got to pay the clubhouse that ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So I don't have that.
Speaker 2: But what I do have is this, and this is what you're gonna get and now said standby sick all were asking for all of y'all is stand by what you say and don't be passive aggressive.
Speaker 5: I remember when the season first was announced and they started filming right once they announced the cast. Remember we had way is so long with baited breath for them to announce the cast. They announced the cast and then we saw the cast members going live and doing like IG stories and shit. And I remember there was an IG story that britt Edie posted where she was getting her hair done. The silence was flat eyeing in her hair, and she was like, we want to see them scalps this season. I don't know if y'all remember that, but she was like, we want to see them scalps, just them edge. You want to see them scalps this season. And I was like, okay, like her even saying that, you know what I'm saying, like okay, Like I don't know. I was just really really intrigued and interested. And so to see her retreat so much in the scenes and to see her become take this posturing of like defensiveness as as a as a reflex almost you know what I mean, it just was surprising and disappointing. So I hate the way it turned out, and I really wish she would have showed up to the REENI to have her say. But now that that damn lawsuit was announced, it makes perfect sense why she didn't and so she had a bigger play in place.
Speaker 3: So I don't think britt Eatie knows who she is, okay.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have any homegirls to like kind of hold a mirror up to you sometimes and be like yo, like me and Annie are full of disclosure. We had to have a conversation a couple of weeks about it something that happened in our friend group, and there was no raising your voices, nobody got defensive. I said, this is how you made me feel on this thing, and then she said what she said, No one ever raised a voice, no one ever got mad, and there was like, oh, I didn't know that, Thank you for pointing that out to me.
Speaker 3: And guess what Squash had moved on.
Speaker 2: That's how people act and are able to communicate with each other when they have healthy friendships with other women. If you don't have healthy friendships with other women, like let me tell you the biggest red flag with hanging with other women. And I do not hang with girls like this, women that think their own beauty is the reason why they can't get along with women. And I only hang with guys. It's only I only have guy friends because all the women hate me. No, most likely or a pick me. And a lot of times women will pick up on very subtle communication things.
Speaker 3: That women do, like when they lie or they're.
Speaker 2: Not keeping a buck like women are really good with communication, and men are really good with numbers and logic, So a lot of times we clock it early on. So if you're a woman that does not have a lot of female friends, I'm led to believe that you get clocked on your shit. You don't keep it a bucket. Especially Black women, they read you down, they see it coming a mile away. So and if you're also a girl that only has guy friends, you're probably a pick me and you leave with your sexuality, your sexiness, and your looks instead of like from who you are. I don't think she really knows who she is yet, and that's why she's done so much of a physical transformation on her outside.
Speaker 3: She switched up a lot, she lies.
Speaker 2: A lot, get she doesn't really and she's not really that good at keeping track of her lives. I mean I just clocked just now about the donation thing, like you forget your stuff, and I think she needs to just like.
Speaker 3: Kind of work on her self live and maybe her self esteem, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 1: How do you think that goes into play? Because in tonight's episode, Shemiah found out through Gerald that shot up the Shiloh's the oldest daughter, thank you. So Shiloh had a health emergency and Gerald Smia's husband calls her in the car and the girls rally around her. They get back to the house and you know, Britt is like, Okay, well I'm going to take the shots now. Because early in the episode, Brit didn't want to drink should me and she had a problem with it, et cetera. Britt Dick decide to take her clothes off and expose herself. She's a moman, she's grown, she could do what she wants to do. I do want to bring that up only because of what you said, Claudia, in the sense of does Britt know who she is outside of like this world? Because when that happened, Listen, I've seen Time of Judge do it on O Sea house By So women have done it on reality TV. But I think the reason why a lot of the audience fucked a little surprised by it is because of the things that we heard was displayed on king A's post to board. So does that is that something that is the correlation to it? Is that something that she was just my girl wasted, just how to have fun? And that's just that.
Speaker 3: Again, Yeah, she doesn't know who she is. First of all, she's this classy.
Speaker 2: Wife that has all this money and wants to go test ride five hundred thousand dollar cars. Right then she brings toilet paper to a fundraiser. Then you know, her pitches get explosed and she's so heartbroken and she it's devastating that images of her in a sexual way would be some kind of thing. Then you flash into these at your girls, I don't know who you are, Like, yes, you don't have to be a monolith, you know, I mean, not a monolist.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be like one way all the time.
Speaker 2: I get that, but it just kind of like it's confusing when you're on a TV show like this, It's like we're trying to get to know you, and I don't really know, Like, how would you explain britain Edie's personality in one sentence?
Speaker 3: Can either of you do that?
Speaker 5: Nasally? Here's my thing, like I think that. Like, first of all, I don't watch these shows to dislike people. I don't watch these shows too. I don't hate watch these reality shows. I want to see people that I'm interested in. I want to see people that intrigue me. I want to see people that make me want to learn more and dig deeper into their existence period. I want to see I want to be intrigued by how you look. I want to be interested in the things you have to say. I want to be interested in what you have going on. I want to know as much about you outside of just you. I want to know about the peripheral characters that are essential to your story. I want to know all that. And so again, I didn't watch this show to dislike brit Edie or to pick apart brit Edy as a first year housewife. I didn't watch it for that. I watched it to be into brid Edie. And when I saw her dressing well and being pretty and shit, and you know, I wanted to know more. So I'm just disappointed.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the shot?
Speaker 2: Thing, Like, you didn't want to take shots when the theme the time was right to take shots.
Speaker 3: To me is crying and upset about her child.
Speaker 2: That's when you want to make it about you, and then you want to flash kitties like do.
Speaker 5: You not read this, missal line?
Speaker 3: You're gonna read the room? Ever, Like, I hate that we spend some more time talking about this girl.
Speaker 1: No, the think is this the thing is this? It's because listen, allegedly this this episode wasn't my favorite of the season. It was whatever. But I think it's because everything that has happened since Thursday. She junion, she said the photo wasn't her, she files a lawsuit, she flashes people. I felt like the girls were ganged up on her in this episode. So listen, I will say this, what Britt has done in the past four days has made up for us not talking about her since episode one, because we haven't talked about Britain a very long time. We've been talking about Portia, Shamiya, Angela Oakley and every once in a while Kelly. So I think it's one of those things where and obviously Drew, but I think it's one of those things where she's in the hot seat this this, this tonight, in this episode recap because of everything that's transpired. But look, I think when it comes to the future of Bray eighty, whatever her heart's desires, I hope she accomplishes it. I always say this, and I'm gonna end this with with this. Anytime somebody auditions for one of my shows, I'll keep it to myself. Like in terms of like my ship. Anytime somebody wants to be on a Carlos King produce show, the one question I always ask them is what do you want to get out of this? But because because if your if your goal is just to be reality star, you're never going to be satisfied ever, because you have to want more than just being on the show. If you want to promote businesses, great, if you want to whatever you want to do, it has to be something bigger than the show. And my what I got from Britt. As of today, we have two more No, we have three more episodes left fifteen sixteen seventeen for this season before we get to our reunion. As of today, I have no idea what Brit eighty's goal was doing the show.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe you find out if you interviewed her, because I feel like the Carlos King sit down is on the horizon. I don't know if anybody else feels that in their shando, their spirit or their chakras, but I do. And so I can't wait low because I feel like you're really going to get to what we need to get to. So I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Do you think I want she had a better Like she needs a producer that new knows what to do with her. And I think if Carlos was her producer, though that's beneath him because he's the executive producer, but if he was, that's her day to day handler. We're kind of like lasso raining some of this energy that she.
Speaker 5: Has, guiding her, guiding her.
Speaker 4: Are you sure you want.
Speaker 5: To do that?
Speaker 2: Because that's not really good look, but just kind of giving her like a little bit of some guidance. It seems like they just let her just do whatever, and then when she gets herself in these predicaments, they're like, oh well, and she's kind of out there.
Speaker 3: She clearly doesn't know what she's doing.
Speaker 4: And I think that again, not knowing.
Speaker 2: Who you are, she can't just be her Like it feels like she just morphs into like you know, in the scene, do you see her like jumping into beachs that have nothing to really do with her being so angry, like there's really no reason why, Like the way she jumped down Angela's throat like so many episodes ago, the way she's so on ten think she's always ready to go, and it's like, child, what is going on with you? Where it's always you're always like ready to go, and it's just it just cuts gone.
Speaker 4: So much better, you know. But again I I don't think he has it.
Speaker 2: I don't not for this. I think she should take her ass over to one of the more ratchet shows. She's made herself to look like.
Speaker 3: A team Nicki Minaj, and you know it's it's not ugly.
Speaker 2: She's definitely a pretty girl, but it's giving like she even her look. She fashioned herself to look like a very popular hip hop star out there, you know what I mean. Like it's I think it's weird, Like the resemblance is uncanny. Okay, it's uncanny that cannot be by accident. It's weird and matter if I show up on a reality show and I had surgeries and I end up looking just like tire bangs.
Speaker 4: You'd be like, Mitch, are what if I put contacts in it?
Speaker 7: And really, Carlo, I have to say I have never said it on this line ever, and I did even finish it, but it was definitely the time for me to say.
Speaker 1: If Claudia showed up looking like Thomas Bakes, I would say, who is this?
Speaker 5: And that's it.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it at that, all right, So look, Claudia dusted, Thank y'all so much for hopping on Sunday. I know you too have busy. I lost to do half Claudia. Make sure y'all watch Claudia tomorrow. Well I don't keep going tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh d you see that dress right there, that's my gown for the beat Here presenting.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you all see Homer.
Speaker 5: Congratulations girl.
Speaker 3: And I didn't go over budget.
Speaker 4: I lived with my leens.
Speaker 3: It is not any of the name plans, but it looks pretty on me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, a concert on the here at the makeup tomorrow, so I'll be on stage with the cast of Run.
Speaker 4: My best Friend's a Star.
Speaker 2: Anilanza, Marcus Houston, Erica Mena, Erica Pinkett, Drew Sodora should be with us as well, and we're all gonna come on stage and I don't know who gets to talk or whatever, but we'll figure that out tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But we're gonna be on.
Speaker 2: Stage on the BT or tomorrow and then we're gonna go out and kick it afterwards.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I can't wait to see you on TV.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get some tea from Drew. I'm gonna get her. We're gonna gonna I'm gonna get her. I'm gonna I'm gonna get her to give me some tea.
Speaker 1: All right, and Dustin talk about the more touri stop job coming up of your One Man.
Speaker 5: Yes, So Thursday night, June twelfth, This Thursday, I'll be in l A at the Allision. You can get tickets at Dustin rosslive dot com. I will be in Chicago this Saturday night as well, so you can get tickets at Dustin rosslive dot com. Philly's coming up, lots of shows coming up, So Dustin rosslive dot com and l A and Chicago. I'll see you motherfuckers in a couple of.
Speaker 1: Days, right, all right? Yes, Okay, Claudia, thank god so much for hopping off live. I will see y'all drops.
Speaker 7: I love y'all so much, by rightsh.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast, Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King as a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby,