Speaker 1: On this incredibly sad episode of the Heat Check, we have an emergency episode. I'm tremendously gutted because someone I was lucky enough to call a friend, Jerry West, passed away today. In honor of the man that they call the logo, I'm going to repost part of an over two hour interview that I did with him in the summer of twenty twenty two. That's the kind of guy he was, Anthony sad day for all hoops fans around the world. Let's get into it. Let's drop that fucking beat.
Speaker 2: This should be re honors.
Speaker 3: So I was at a farmer's.
Speaker 1: Market today and I got a text for a friend who I normally see at summer leak. I was thinking it would be the normal Hey are you going to be at summer leak question or a month out to the day, and the text was I'm sorry for your loss. And I checked Safari my phone and I saw that Jerry West had passed away at eighty six. The greatest basketball mind to ever walk the face of the earth. And he would tell you that by the way he would say, I'm not one of the best, I am the best. Don't you forget it? Don't you fucking forget it. I have known Jerry for almost a decade, since the first days I was in sports media. We were actually born on the same day. As we got to know each other, I realized, you know, he's obviously not only one of the best basketball minds on planet Earth, which I could have known without ever knowing him, but he's one of the best humans I've ever run across as well. Every summer leak he would find something to say that was not only hilarious but insightful. I remember we talked last year about Buddy Heald. He said, Buddy Heild, Buddy Hild, that boy dumb is a stump, But that shit was true, and that's the kind of guy Jerry West was. Insightful, funny, wasn't trying to hurt anybody, but always came through as honest, cutting, playful, and smart. He would tell me exactly who he liked and what he liked about any particular players game, even the most obscure player like Nemas Cada. He could tell you everything about the MIAs Cada in his background and where he had gone and what kind of kid he was. And told me about Victor Webinyama last year and two years ago actually, and how Africa through France was going to start taking over the league. He told me I had too much of a fascination with Paolo ban Carrol and that Palo was one of the most gifted passers that he had seen, but he needed to work on his handles. That guy was just a walking encyclopedia. And the thing is he was just almost never wrong. Summer League after Summer League, he pinned almost everybody correctly. Even when the Norm Powell trade looked, he still continued to be resolute and Norm Powell was an incredibly important contributor for the LA Lakers. I would plant my seat courtside next to him and I would not leave because what he would say was more information than I would get in the entire year. So this is only part of a multi part interview that I posted. I suggest you go back and listen to all three parts. Maybe we'll post more later if you want it, because it's that good. The sound quality I wish was better, God, I wish it was better. We recorded at a Starbucks during a convention at the Summer League. Some weird convention was getting lunch at the same point that we recorded, and I remember some guy offered to buy him his pastry. In line, I said to the guy, what do you need to buy this fucker guy, this fucking guy's pastry for he's more money than God is y you use me buy you a pastry. He laughed at me, body checked me, and he bought the other guy's pastry. Anyway, there's a ton of ambient noise. It's worth listening to. The information is worth trying very hard to listen to. I promise Summer League will.
Speaker 4: Never be the same, and neither of the league. Fuck dude, but the legacy of Jerry West will live on forever. In peace to my Gemini twin, We'll see.
Speaker 1: You on the other side.
Speaker 5: Tylo was one of the ones who ran a player off the floor.
Speaker 3: We saw it in the Utah series, but they were down. I want to say three to one. That series against.
Speaker 5: The mass and that series against Utah was the series where.
Speaker 3: I really said to myself, Okay.
Speaker 5: I was incredibly wrong about ty Lou because the brand.
Speaker 3: Or the reputation was okay.
Speaker 5: He had Lebron, Lebron and Kyrie, but his his coaching against the MAVs and his coaching against the Jazz was really impressive.
Speaker 6: He's simply one of the best coaching Lewis people don't know yet and playing for him just like, Okay, I'm not afraid and Willis and I would say when people talking about coaches, he the f the.
Speaker 7: With o'clock three in the league, this coaching the more importantly, he's a fantastic guy and which.
Speaker 8: Is so easy to be around.
Speaker 6: And more importantly, he's so smart and he has a great, great way about him employer because you know, he's not that old, and I drafted him when I was in Los Angeles and he's just the bullbop that he's trying. But I feel fortunate to who Bark coaches all the fun Roy, we'd have a fend reason puting your cool best players.
Speaker 8: You know him, it's amazing that we won with the mini games.
Speaker 5: Do you have a favorite Tylo story that sort of highlights and personifies him?
Speaker 9: I do, but I can't talk.
Speaker 8: I have a lot of them with that aflick.
Speaker 7: You know, you rom one for some reason, he's got a different personality and he can be really funny to you know, to be very part and there's a lot of things that you know, you talk about always knock the best slang leads a.
Speaker 8: Player, but he's he's easy to be around, you really expect I don't think.
Speaker 1: Here in the middle of describing what makes Tyl so special, he also takes time to fire shots at the play in tournament, the play in which I.
Speaker 8: Don't like at all.
Speaker 6: I think it's a horrible mistury because you know, you can take one game and decide the season worth of work.
Speaker 8: I just don't like it.
Speaker 7: And I'm sure if you Mission probably doesn't want to give him the Senate at the hang time.
Speaker 6: I just think it's worthless to me and the danger and the danger is that these teams are flood over year and the label year. If you get a couple of injuries where you can't they can't play for a couple of the gamer one game to decide, you see it, that's gonna good.
Speaker 8: I just I don't like it.
Speaker 9: I've just heard.
Speaker 8: I don't know what the concept is.
Speaker 3: Legit hilarious.
Speaker 1: The funniest thing about this clip is how Jerry answers the question about how far the Clippers could have gone last year in the playoffs, considering I think it's pretty wide open. The fact that the MAVs got through, the fact that the Suns were exposed, the fact that the Warriors broke through the Bucks got injured. Seemed like the Clippers had a real shot if they were healthy, right. He humbly talks about really how it doesn't matter because we can never go backwards. But then he also says something fascinating. He says, you know, teams are gonna defenses are gonna wait on you. But when you have really elite players, it doesn't matter whether they wait on you or not.
Speaker 10: Nothing you can do to stop them.
Speaker 9: I E.
Speaker 10: Kawhi, I E.
Speaker 1: Paul George, kind of a subtle like, yeah, I think we could have gone deep. He also addresses whether Kawhi could have come back act in the playoffs, if they would have made the playoffs and Paul George didn't get COVID and they didn't lose to the Pelicans, and finally, whether Kauai is any different than the outside world views him, considering that they have a very good relationship. Really insightful, really interesting stuff.
Speaker 5: If Paul George doesn't get coked or going to health and safety protocols against the Pelicans, how far do the Clippers go?
Speaker 3: Do you think last year, given how wide opening was, well.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure if them wide open, it was a really good team.
Speaker 6: But I will say this through you can thick them fanned last year and they found the way.
Speaker 8: Then it's hard in the playoffs and.
Speaker 9: Those more floats.
Speaker 6: From the pages they had a chance to see and play, you know, and half the time is there this defensers are waiting on me, And if you have those truly great players, it doesn't make any difference.
Speaker 8: They still be waiting on it, and they were being part of it and saw and that's kind of hurts enough. I mean, it's only a guess. I kind of you look at that. To me, it's a hand in yell.
Speaker 9: And estually didn't work out that.
Speaker 5: Was there a scenario if there was a long playoff run that Kawhi could have come back in the playoffs.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty sure he could. I'm pretty sure he could.
Speaker 6: And to get him obviously get him back is like a god said, and uh, he wasn't and we didn't get there, so we'll never know.
Speaker 5: You mentioned that people misunderstand you. Do you think that people misunderstand Kawai as well? Do you think he's different than the outside world sees him no easy say.
Speaker 6: I love what he's he's a basketball player, okay, and just watching him work out and see how.
Speaker 9: Serious he is.
Speaker 3: So he's not as playful as as you.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm much more play Yeah, but I'm much crazier him. He has a much greater focus working out on him. But you know he's if you're around him when he first game there isn't obviously you know, I wasn't running the team, but I go to crackers, went around all the time.
Speaker 9: You know, you're just trying him.
Speaker 6: You watch and you watch and watch, and you probably tead An appreciate you, Uh, what's your greatness that he has as a player, But you you wanted sometimes you know, want doesn't talk of that.
Speaker 8: Well, he's been there. I have had the pleasure of getting to know him a little bit better, and it's impossible not to be infatuated. And he's got a wide sense of humor.
Speaker 9: He's he's a pro.
Speaker 8: He really did.
Speaker 1: The thing about this clip that was so interesting, not only in the fact that the Clippers weakness was passing last year and that was the admission, is that when describing John Wall, Jerry says that John Wall is a great guy, but his reputation around those who cover the league is not that he has been known to be someone that pundits take shots at for being too self focused or who knows. So I wanted to get out why John Wall was such a polarizing figure. And another thing that came out of this process though, was a little nugget and what the Clippers vetting process was like in acquiring a player like john and how he also thinks the Clippers are the deepest team in the league and he wouldn't trade it for anybody else.
Speaker 3: John Wall one of the biggest I would say pickups.
Speaker 5: One of the most interesting pickups that took forever in the day to actually come to fruition. A lot of people, I think thought that deal would get done or that move would get made last year.
Speaker 3: What does he bring to the team, Well, he.
Speaker 7: Fans I never guy looked like to play basketball. He can get in the lane, you find our three point shooters. It's probably weakness in our team last year.
Speaker 6: Passing he will give us in ninth grade and being able to attack with the basket.
Speaker 8: And he's a good guy. Okay, he loves to play and we're.
Speaker 6: Just hopeful that he can stay healthy and watching him work out, he looked fantastic, great Shay and he's.
Speaker 8: Bringing he's been working out all year. That would be a pretty good vacation to make that kind of money and not get a chance to play. I would have liked it. No, would have been probably a forty four thousand.
Speaker 5: You mentioned great guy, and he's a polarizing figure too. There's been people who have said things about him and I don't know that they necessarily know him. Well, why do you think there's this like, I don't know, disparity in terms of the opinion on him as.
Speaker 3: A as a guy.
Speaker 8: You know what, I don't see it. You know, people the same thing and watch you about and maybe.
Speaker 6: Not been clear the rumor from any known silistas we see all the found it.
Speaker 8: I always say, would identify these Slnson sent time.
Speaker 9: It just does not.
Speaker 8: That's not who he is.
Speaker 11: Is that who you've said about that's really like And a lot of our players know him, and so as all our player comes somewhere, Uh have you we checked the players.
Speaker 8: I mean protect the ones that know him?
Speaker 12: And Uh, while we've heard of the good things and all I can go and say, just what's your high seed at that moment, is how you know know about that?
Speaker 8: And who's this again? And you're really good for us right now. So it's not just starting to see him.
Speaker 9: We will we will seeing one pay any game starts.
Speaker 8: Because this is a powerful thing, the Clippers a powerful thing. The note from one to three thing. I did not play just it's the team for anything that they That doesn't mean we're the best team, but I would not play for anything.
Speaker 3: Or do you think they're the deepest team?
Speaker 8: That's why I say one three third finger? Yeah, yes, I see.
Speaker 1: So this question was out of left field, no segue, There was no connection to him or the Clippers or anything. I just wanted to know, how do you build a roster around Brod James. If it's you, Jerry West, and all you have is Lebron, what do you do? How do you best set him up for success? How do you build around him in a way that makes your team more likely to win a championship but also accentuates what makes Lebron so great? Pretty simple, awesome stuff from Jerry.
Speaker 5: I'm curious about Lebron and him as a style of player. Obviously dominant, that's been said, but if you have Lebron on your team and no one else, what do you think is the best way to build a roster around someone like him or him specifically.
Speaker 6: Again, yeah, if you look at him, if it makes him, he's already missed his game. He's one of the smartest players have definite player that way. I think he's better with an open force. I would try to have a team that shooting.
Speaker 8: I could run. People can run, and.
Speaker 6: That's names that you play and seek an attacking him. He's gonna pick out people on the run. That's beams really about him. And sometimes when he gets involved down in a half put, if you have another player playing with him and you know, let's say you're because he's so worthily Moon and other players you're.
Speaker 8: Playing up from when he wins, I think that's hurting a little bit.
Speaker 3: We think it would be better in the block.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, yeah, right now he gates fates and say because the size and the fastest ability, he's one of the three greatest players in the player.
Speaker 9: He's an out falling figure.
Speaker 6: He's gonna break every record in this leader and he's someone that greatly amount pas like, how do uh, it's hard to do?
Speaker 8: What he's done, but he cares about the un cares about winning.
Speaker 6: Who's rhythmed to take care of himself when you ever hear anything bad about him, Yeah, he is a consoo.
Speaker 5: But it's guys not necessarily point guards because he plays that, but combo guards that can shoot the three and also.
Speaker 3: Handle and pass and kind of kind of that's that.
Speaker 5: Long, versatile defender that you guys like that the Toronto likes somebody challenge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a challenge because the problem is with the team on him. They're usually drafting very low. Yes, they don't get in.
Speaker 9: Any area where they can find on those players.
Speaker 8: It doesn't have to be in the top ten. They should do more good.
Speaker 6: Later than half or eleast second round, they might find a player like that.
Speaker 8: And hopefully that will that will happen. That's a.
Speaker 9: Just a different role thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 5: Rosters with him on it look different than other rosters that people construct, just.
Speaker 3: Because of all the unique things that he can do.
Speaker 6: Well, you put you know, you put him with players that are where he didn't every night just have it doesn't have it scoring row. He knows a lot better than well and people don't realize how wearing and how dependent the people that.
Speaker 8: Come home and they're just taking some granted, and so he doesn't have night and he's you need but some height. How hard you trying to spread it? Sometimes you just can't. You can't note shots if you normally made.
Speaker 6: And he's only been to score because he's going to dwell a file and get into three fair manuge.
Speaker 8: But he's a player that he really great me and you've been billing it for so long.
Speaker 6: Get guy, Yeah, CHRISTI sess he's had he's had to say, he's gonna break all the all the records.
Speaker 8: He've been there for a number of year. That's the amazing tribute if not only if his play, but you're doing willing.
Speaker 1: So a little behind the scenes here, so before I ask this question, and I'm a little hesitant in asking it, so I'm a little long winded in getting there.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to get him to.
Speaker 1: Address winning time.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to figure out way to do that.
Speaker 1: And I've had lunch with Jerry a few times, and I've been out with them socially as well, and I've never seen him drink, not one time, not once, So to me, it was really fascinated that Winning Time made him look like an alcoholic, just made him look like a guy who throws his trophy through his office window, and that he's at the bar getting fucked up meeting his future wife. Crazy shit, I was cause I saw a Winning Time after we met extremely sus at this depiction, So I asked him about alcohol use, thinking that might lead us into the Winning Time discussion. But we actually ended up on this really interesting side road somehow about the blueprint on giving constructive criticism, how you balance being brutally honest and being a relationship guy, because I think that's insanely hard to balance. And then somehow we got on the role of social media and debate show talking heads in today's NBA.
Speaker 10: Then he throws subtle shade at the Lakers, at stephen A and JJ Reddick.
Speaker 3: What a turn.
Speaker 1: Did not expect this, By the way, Gotta remember we're about an hour and a half into this interview and he is cooking.
Speaker 5: One of the craziest things that I saw. And then I've known about you for a long time is that you don't drink. And I'm pretty sure correct me if I'm wrong, that you've.
Speaker 6: Never had well, you know as I say, I'm not saying I don't get mean, okay, but I never any.
Speaker 9: Alcohol in the family.
Speaker 8: My kid.
Speaker 9: If I hadn't drink after me my night had a black king time. But I'm not gonnaything at all.
Speaker 8: Like I don't like that.
Speaker 6: It does to you know, if I'm not, I just don't like to run around their family and my father smills heavily. There was no way that I can smoke anything and listen, I'm not.
Speaker 9: Approve of each other. So I'm going to get the fast it because there's things and I've just smoke.
Speaker 8: You do this, Yeah, I'm not going to I'm not gonna have. Yeah, some people don't have really honest and some people don't.
Speaker 9: Mention be with that.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting question.
Speaker 5: So how do you balance that being brutally honest in a talent evaluation role When people are kind of like there's another industry out there to try.
Speaker 3: To make things out to be bigger than they are.
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 3: You just don't care.
Speaker 6: Social media and particularly these people can get their hair and witness size players.
Speaker 8: The next day they'll come back and kiss and make up. I don't like them, but they do it. For the people will they're free ad contub Some of these.
Speaker 9: Players are not concidentially there.
Speaker 8: You are who they are, and you know I've watched their years and all things written about the field players.
Speaker 4: And the owner.
Speaker 8: They are what You're not going to change you, right, which is who they are. And I think it's resally embarrass or going away.
Speaker 3: But is it hard for you knowing that you're brutally honest?
Speaker 5: Does that impact and you're also a relationship oriented person?
Speaker 3: How do you balance those two things?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 13: You know will come up. Let's say to you, you know I want to know this, okay, And I said, look, this is only my opinion. You and me tell you what you want to hear.
Speaker 8: Or if you want to tell you what I think, and sometimes I want to tell.
Speaker 6: You what I think about what I tell I said, it's not a reflect when you the reflection on how you can get better, not only as a player, but as a person.
Speaker 9: How you can interact with people better, how people.
Speaker 14: Will be a more accepting of you. I said, it's just strong thinking. Well, I think it's a smile and yeah, I just I'm pretty simple. I'm very pretty simple, and I don't think it's kind of.
Speaker 7: A life in this league today, it's almost forgotten to compent of. It's the excessive amount of publishing, the excessive now content.
Speaker 8: About the players that are in our league. And I'm not always looking something to do longer through it you want, you know, I just say it's ridiculous. And some of the people in the air and.
Speaker 6: Who I watch ex players, players who accomplished basically nothing. You're talking about the game in their opinion. When I play, I'm going to talk about how I play. It was a completely different area the day of saying well, I thought, I've got to.
Speaker 7: Be even though I'm older, reading reading things that were meanings of reading about history, reading about people who have inspired.
Speaker 8: I say, even though i'm battle the.
Speaker 6: Persons terrible, I do care about people are and uh some people and NBA players, the players and others were I want to feel like if everyone crazy when they're with their franchise and the next second they trade him and well, you know, here just a number we want to see you. As I mentioned, players have places where they want to go today, and you know they want anyone seemingly wants to go to a big market.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go to the place where I can win. I suppose you were good enough. If you're good too, and they can help a lot more money with.
Speaker 9: Your own game than you came if you other akon.
Speaker 6: Also some places where you go and everything looks great, you get there and you'll find me out.
Speaker 3: There's lot the other Why does it work? Just get around?
Speaker 8: Oh well there's a couple of the's a lot of indifferent. Well they really got you, hear that? I just I just looked at the dining when those people.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 6: Over the years, I've learned a lot and I think crush if I'll use.
Speaker 15: That to discussed plus crush there sell anything. And there's been some fuss in my life, have been betrayed and you don't know where I have it. I I'm just frankly that bother.
Speaker 1: Here it is, folks, here, it is.
Speaker 10: What did Jerry West think about Winning Time?
Speaker 5: When I saw that HBO series, I wondered, did they get anything right?
Speaker 3: It's not like they got pretty much everything.
Speaker 8: I really don't.
Speaker 9: I really don't want to find them. Uh there's a complete line.
Speaker 8: It's a complete line they have forgetting me. Okay, yeah, we're getting me.
Speaker 3: I don't care what anyone that says I'm not going to right exactly now.
Speaker 8: I don't know those people. I don't want to know the dirty money. Yeah, but that was disgraceful a lot of people.
Speaker 7: And then for some reason how we details in place that means a feeling good story.
Speaker 6: That was the start of an era in loss as the Gary bless Or the others made the Lakers for.
Speaker 9: Years the most popular thing in town.
Speaker 8: And to me, to find a story that by detroying the people who were.
Speaker 9: Involved in it, it's very de time. It's displace.
Speaker 5: I love the concept of an owner to say, let's just do whatever it takes to win.
Speaker 3: When I look and read about that.
Speaker 5: Time, that's the thing that sticks out is just how rare and special and hard it is for owners to do that different.
Speaker 8: Yeah, at the team today we have immensely don't be in it today. There were of course it because they won in their profession. They don't understand how hard it's time is. They don't they think of Jesus, the noore money he is sped. It's not gonna do it. Sometimes people spend a lot of money and they're hopefully losing. They're not gonna get better. And once it gets kind of struck in the middle.
Speaker 6: If you don't find a way to get out of there, you're gonna be the you know that, don't go off holl retire.
Speaker 8: That because ever you're gonna do is looking. Every team in the leave.
Speaker 6: Look what happens when they leave a great player from some franchise that just begin to give a number and it's frustrating for the fans.
Speaker 8: Uh, every univerous social polus in the draft can't do any here. But it's not pleasing and I wouldn't.
Speaker 9: There's no answer to them.
Speaker 8: They don't know.
Speaker 9: I do believe in ownership a lot.
Speaker 6: I've been to you, you've been involved with floor owners and I you know, w h as it to deal kind of builder.
Speaker 9: Really been a fan of housing. And I think the lucky starts you're gonna leave them.
Speaker 8: In the help.
Speaker 9: And I went a roll with today.
Speaker 8: Who was the most amazing man.
Speaker 9: I've got to say no more about.
Speaker 8: Who, just in any individual who was a givers.
Speaker 6: But work to he and his wife do some a couple of blocks can time there's a name when he is a great man, he is a great man.
Speaker 9: I actually play at this point in my life and this is life.
Speaker 6: You know, this is guy in my entire levee at the end of the day that I've had a chance to get the time.
Speaker 9: Of life plan during us like the dream us figure at us and the other years in the.
Speaker 2: Body like a d man who is keeping the bugs through parment and got able a little quieter, and Steve is a little bit more ambastic work, fantastic.
Speaker 9: Games and I could a freak Anyway.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing that he did was He's like, I'm not going to comment on that, and then he just proceeded to comment and comment and comment some war.
Speaker 10: He was very honest, very open to the core. You could tell he's not happy about it.
Speaker 1: We'll just say that. So to close up this interview, I wanted to ask Jerry about what I heard whispers of, which is that there's a standing room only section that's going to be put in the new Clippers arena to create an atmosphere very cheap tickets, an atmosphere of the student section in college basketball, to create a real home court advantage and to make it volatile for opposing teams.
Speaker 10: Heard about it, I'm like, this is awesome. So I asked him about it.
Speaker 1: He talks about that, of course, but casually drops that he does not care about championship rings so much so he doesn't even know where any of his are. He also then reveals why he doesn't like court side seats, and lastly, most importantly, he says some.
Speaker 10: Real nice things about me and his parting thoughts on the record, No doubt.
Speaker 1: Let's make a montage, uh, something that I can keep handy on my cell phone when I end up sad and down a rabbit hole of Twitter trolls.
Speaker 10: You tell me I don't know anything about basketball, I should be fine.
Speaker 5: Lastly, you told me about something that's happening to the new arena, a really cool feature that is going to add to the fan experience.
Speaker 3: Tell me about that if you can.
Speaker 13: Steve, Yeah, he's you know, he he doesn't these things, but just pretty great monkey.
Speaker 9: Yeah he doesn't. He wants a Fannings.
Speaker 8: And there's gonna be a horde of each.
Speaker 9: If you got a blue see, it's gonna hold be a whole.
Speaker 6: Slack end of it seats that it's a good seat handing them, and I'll promise you let me be a fair And again I heard what they were going to charge, and I said, my god, I said, this is this will be fun kind of college like rappers.
Speaker 3: We will so it'll be reasonable, reasonable crisis and.
Speaker 6: The low reasons the low reason And in some of these places you go down and fluorescens in particular, and how rageous.
Speaker 16: That's what people will do to have received And after I said demand people want to be seen, but they want to be down there and hopefully someone will run over them and I'll hurt them and they'll have a picture of it for there' sta book.
Speaker 8: I don't even like to f sea. You can't see the game. But if people who like to be close.
Speaker 6: To the action, they like to hear a little law language of times and the facial expression of it.
Speaker 9: Uh that again, I just say, sing just a way there.
Speaker 2: Of course it'll be amazing and it's gonna be must see for when people walk afder this really close to the thro remember the un stateful first over them.
Speaker 8: I said, oh my god, want people it's so far in the action. Then at four of the one time there is the best place to watch the basket. Okay, we're so close and fourth But it.
Speaker 6: Really didn't work financier because they even more revenue maintaining players and also.
Speaker 9: It enhances the value of the franchise.
Speaker 2: And as I say, this was a different NBA and the set in the floor, it'll be different five years from now, but it's still and it's very simple.
Speaker 8: The game very SimPE and that's.
Speaker 9: That's gone to the charge.
Speaker 3: And if you don't stand the whole time, you get kicked out right.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure. I'm not sure what the policy is, but I'm sure I'm sure that's what we don't Steve. We'll be up there with me half the time, so it'll be fun.
Speaker 3: Way, Yeah, that'll be fun. I appreciate you. I hope you get another ring.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure. I don't really don't mean a lot to me.
Speaker 9: I'll have a few.
Speaker 8: I don't even know where they are.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna say then that you don't even know where the rings are, like you don't know. It's not in the safe somewhere. They're just gone, like in a random drawer.
Speaker 6: So I mean somewhere, okay, And you know there's a fun you're hard to get and hopefully every team and player off bring you.
Speaker 9: And that's a great truth.
Speaker 3: Jerry West.
Speaker 5: You have been gracious and fun and insightful and I have taken up way too much of your time.
Speaker 9: Of course, I.
Speaker 8: Always great to see you.
Speaker 9: You know, you have a unique personality and the fun to get around.
Speaker 1: That's all the time that we have for this episode of Eat.
Speaker 3: Check Google search.
Speaker 1: He checked Jerry West for the rest of the over two hour interview, and we will see you next time. Sorry for the finding the club guys, This is Terri