Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some of the gainers in today's session. Gotta start with Cracker Barrel, a record gain Eat your Day, highest in nearly eight months. One point your Day. The stock was up as much as thirty five percent here at the close. It's a gain of just shy of twenty three percent. Logo and restaurant designed scandal be gone instead.
Speaker 2: We's country Ham.
Speaker 3: Can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I know salt and pepper shakers, America shakers. That's days twenty twenty. I know how many times do you go there all the time?
Speaker 2: I love Crackers one Clinton, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Good to know anyway, Definitely a different song on Wall Street here for this one. A different tune when it comes to investors. Restaur Unchain raised its full year revenue guidance and said declines in store traffic are moderating. It's now up about eighty percent year to date. Twenty seven percent of the float is short, though so just keep that in mind. In terms of sentiment. Hey, I got to go to what is the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred, and that is Casey's General Stores shares rallying after the convenience store chain reported revenue for the fourth quarter that did beat the average analyst estimate. And there was one standout stat. There are a bunch of stats you could go over, but fuel revenue two point eight eight billion dollars up eighteen percent year over year, easily beating the estimate on the street of two point sixty six billion. That certainly helped the company out. Stock is up nearly sixty percent year to date. Only about four percent of the float is short. And then I just want to go real quickly too. And IPO today Parabilus Medicines. I'm hopefully saying it correct. I don't know if I am PBLS biopharmaceutical and clinical stage cancer drug company raised nearly seven hundred and forty five million dollar. It was an upsized IPO, pricing above its marketed range and a private placement. One existing investor are a capital taking more than half of the shares in that IPO. That's according to people familiar with the matter. But that's stock closing up fifty eight percent, so pretty successful.
Speaker 3: IPO here, okay, not all IPOs good today, And I'll get to one of those a little later. Before we do that, though, I want to get to super Micro, the worst performer in the s and P five hundred by a long shot. Today fell twenty eight percent. It was the biggest drop going all the way back to March. That's the stock of super Micro over the last couple of years, very volatile. The company announced this plan to raise seven billion dollars through a package of equity offering in stall pay for the production of more AI servers. Investors did not like the sound of that. The financing plan expected to dilute near term earnings, but also signals that AI demand could lift fiscal twenty twenty seven revenue above the fifty billion dollar consensus. Once again, super Micro shares falling twenty eight percent. What is the stock in the SMP five hundred, Well, it was, and then it wasn't, and then it was again out Yeah, Like I don't know. I mean, you're gonna have to ask the group of people who make that decision, right, maybe while you're at it, you can ask them some questions about SpaceX. I was going to say, I feel like we all care about index methodology more than we ever have. Is a beautiful thing we do. We spoke to the CEO of Wealth Front, David Fortunado a little earlier about how you know after maybe four or five days SpaceX will be in VTI. Yeah, and how you know they had a blog post on their website so people can include or exclude it from the portfolio. It's been a very polarizing stock, as you guys know, We've encountered it. Yeah, you've encountered this. Let's talk about some less than truckload companies LTL. Speaking in Romain's language, I knew that Romaine would love this story. Look at this was on the all morning about this old Dominion down five percent, FedEx Freight down seven percent, sayah down three point three percent.
Speaker 1: What does that say?
Speaker 3: It says that Amazon is getting into their territory. Amazon announce an expansion of its own shipping service. It includes less than truckload offerings to destinations across the US. It's part of the Amazon supply chain. Services Suite analysts have a mixed view on the impact, but there are some concerns about legacy carriers such as these taking a hit as a result of Amazon getting in their territory. I was on the highway yesterday. I actually saw an Uber freight truck. Huh, which is not something that you see every day.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.