Speaker 1: Pat Murphy Auelo, as Eric Kratz called him, Grandpa, helped him along the way. You know, it really helped him find success at the big league level, but also you know, just to learn the steps going through the big leagues the first season in his rookie year.
Speaker 2: All here we go, Brewers star outfielder Jackson Cherio joining us right now. We got five box with Todd father, with Kratz and with Alana Rizzo helping us out as well. So Jackson, great to have you on. Obviously, Alana, thank you for jumping on to help us. And just wanted to say hello to Jackson. How he's doing and if he loves to do interviews in conversations like this with former players.
Speaker 1: Jackson bienvenidos, a programa, gracias, port aros, aciendo estas entre vista, siquires alo on espanior, bien apre and comas. Yeah, he said, he's doing good, he's happy to be here. So guys, go ahead and I'll help you along the way.
Speaker 3: Jackson TUSO, Wow, there a you're you're just a little son. Hey, my question for you, are you the best? Jackson? Edis edis el mejor Jackson elas leg.
Speaker 1: When I when I, He said, it's a hard question to answer because all three of the guys, obviously Jackson Merril, Jackson Trurio, Jackson Holiday, all of them are very good players. So that's a very hard question for him to answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ken, Ken Favrito, Ken Otra Favarto, who's your who's your favorite? Other Jackson? As far as like watching them play and who you get to see.
Speaker 4: Hey, Marin and Huel.
Speaker 5: Move in.
Speaker 1: He loves the Jackson Marrow plays four Kmanila.
Speaker 6: He said that he likes the way that he plays.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the way that he plays obviously very fun, but he just likes the manner in which he goes about himself. The way that he plays the game is something that Jackson Churio appreciates about Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 4: That's great, that's great. I want to ask him. I know he hasn't played for a long time yet, but has he found a routine, like does he do anything specific before a game? Does he have any superstitions that he sticks to before a game as he goes.
Speaker 1: I casas a specific asses entre luego antes lugo to He said, every time you basically thirty minutes before the game, he does the exact same thing before the game, because it's really important to have that routine for him and to be able to continue to build that confidence when he does those same things before each game.
Speaker 3: Guys to Sally Englace, you know English, I say, how many more years until you have enough confidence to do all of your all of your interviews in English in inglis para para solo English? Okay, okay, so so close one, he said, He said, two or maybe one more years? And importante is it important for you to do that? Poor por que in portantea in elace in Espanol and one of the come on tammate.
Speaker 1: It's really important for him obviously that the fans, the public, obviously the fans in Milwaukee and also in Major League Baseball, those are the people that are supporting him, and he wants to be able to have that conversation and that relationship with him not only with the fans obviously in Milwaukee and around the league, but also with his teammates. It's important for him, obviously to have that communication with with his teammates as well.
Speaker 4: I want to lean towards the team too. A little bit here. It's a wide open NL Central. Uh, it's a really good division. I know they came out, you know, didn't do their best in the beginning. How does he see these Brewers team making it in this NL Central and and hopefully into the playoffs?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: In division Los Veegos doneca loss.
Speaker 3: Los no.
Speaker 6: Division.
Speaker 1: He said, it's a long season, as you guys all know that obviously, one hundred and sixty two games and there's so many more games to be played. And the thing about what he's saying, guys is that the Brewers are a good team and every single person on that team is doing exactly what they need to be doing to help them win. So certainly not concerned on April eighteenth. I'm just throwing the date out there. But he's basically saying, listen, it's a long season. We know we have the guys in that clubhouse to get the job done.
Speaker 2: Jackson. We have a fan question coming your way, and they want to know if you had any interactions with Bob Uker last year. That was, of course your rookie season, and I know many players and many people within the organization. You know, I have a heavy heart all year as we honor him the late great legend in the Brewers organization. So did you have any conversations with him? And have you noticed anything this year with players sharing stories?
Speaker 1: Jackson esto, who's dead? Boboa con Memoriaell my friend. One thing that he's always going to remember, of course, is every time he saw Bob, Bob would say my friend. And that's something that Jackson certainly remembers and we'll always take with him regarding the late great Bob.
Speaker 6: Youker ft fam.
Speaker 2: You got to check out Hello Fresh. I know AJ's favorite part of Hello Fresh. They've got the fifteen minute meals, three steps and you've got your dinner.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: It comes fresh to your house. It's prepackaged with all the ingredients and almost a brown bag comes with all the instructions. And what I like most about it is some people say I don't like to cook. I like to actually chop the ingredients, cook them up. That way. It makes it feel like even though it was pre packaged, you feel like you're doing something. And it's so fresh. Fresh vegetables, fresh meat, high quality, comes with all the sauces, comes with all the spices you need.
Speaker 2: Yes and if you're like, hey, you guys talk about Green Chef. That's right, they're in the same fam both bring different strengths to the table. So check out Hello Fresh, of course, and get yourself up to ten free meals and a free Hike protein item for life at HelloFresh dot com slash f T ten FM one item per box with active subscription. Free meals applied to discount on first box. New subscribers only varies by a plan that's up to ten free Hello Fresh meals. Just go to Hello Fresh dot com slash f T ten f M.
Speaker 3: What do you call your grandpa Pat Murphy Murphy?
Speaker 6: No, No, like it. He's saying that he's helped them. He's helped them a lot, are you though?
Speaker 5: If the.
Speaker 6: Okay, if.
Speaker 4: You made on your if what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Back that day said.
Speaker 1: The thing that he learned the most was last year, obviously in his first year, his rookie season. The first year is a very difficult year, and there's a lot of expectations, especially obviously with the fan fare that he came to the big leagues with. So Pat Murphy a weillo, as Eric Kratz called him, Grandpa helped him along the way. You know it really helped him find success at the big league level, but also you know, just to learn the steps going through the big leagues the first season in his rookie year.
Speaker 3: He gave us one example, one example because we saw him spring training. In spring training, Pat Murphy didn't give you your number right away, and then when you made the team, you got your number. Was he harder on you or was he like softer kind of like a grandpa, or was he more like a harder on you as far as like a like an uncle.
Speaker 1: Are I guanda ante pesto the sposo Pat Murphy ra mass forte condio ant or the.
Speaker 6: Sposs that I get? And I just didn't. He said he's.
Speaker 1: Always treated him really well, that there's never been a hard you know, he's never really hard on him or soft on him. That he's always treated him with respect, uh and treated him really well honestly since day one. So no, not mean to him, not you know, not overly either way, just good to him all the time.
Speaker 4: I want to talk a little off the field stuff here too. I see he's rocking a little Adidas there has that swag going a little bit. Talk a little bit about what you like doing off the field. And you know, are you a dressy guy, you like rocking, you know, the chains, the clothes. Talk a little about what you got going.
Speaker 6: On oas I said, yes, not that.
Speaker 4: You know, yo, see who.
Speaker 3: Joey he.
Speaker 6: He doesn't like to do too many chains.
Speaker 1: He's not that much of a flashy guy off the field. But he definitely plays MLB the show. So he takes he takes baseball with him and plays MLB the show when he's not actually playing baseball on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, of course you're definitely playing. What about the cleats. Do you have any cleats that you're like customizing that you're like trying to kind of like Quentin Barry, your coach last year, Quinton Barry always had the nice, nice gano, but he always had the nice shoes, no cleats.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know who I need that?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's like he's given us a little bit of a tease here, guys. Apparently there's a new pair of custom cleats coming out. I believe from Adidas that it's coming out pretty soon. So I guess be on the lookout for something very special and specific for Jackson Churio and and Adidas.
Speaker 6: A little bit of a tease there, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa? Okay, Colord necessary.
Speaker 6: Colors. It's a surprise CRD surprise.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, I mean this might not have anything to do with it, but what is your favorite color?
Speaker 6: Guess to cold necessary.
Speaker 3: To cold ye.
Speaker 2: Blue blue.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's got to be Brewers colors. I mean.
Speaker 2: You never know. Okay, so this could be related to Jackson. I want to know who else, whether it was when you were growing up or now that you really love to watch in the sport just for entertainment purposes, not that you're taking anything from what they do, but whether you like the way they play, their swing, their style, any of that. And yes, we do have a former Brewer aircraft on the show.
Speaker 6: But uh but you know entertainment solamente, you.
Speaker 5: Know you know.
Speaker 1: Am better, he said in all honesty. He didn't get to see a lot of the games growing up. He didn't get to watch a lot of Major League Baseball games, but one person he did like to watch when he had the opportunity was Julio Rodriguez. The way that he played and obviously the way that he still is playing with the Mariners just the way that he played with Aria, with always happiness and really enjoying the game. And that's something that Jackson does as well. Just plays the game with a lot of fun with the smile on his face. So I guess in terms of that question, guys, Julio Rodriguez was his guy.
Speaker 2: Four or five years or something like that. We do have his cleats. Actually, by the way, he probably knows. Julio's got the style game going. But Jackson, this was awesome, great to have you on. Hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for joining us and keep crushing its.
Speaker 6: Jackson, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Grasses Jackson, Cheerio, Milwaukee Brewers, Alanna, thank you. You the best.