Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't segreed that your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop ioneer. What ups dj E f N? Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean, And.
Speaker 3: The most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks chans. Mothers Day is New Year's c That's it's time for drink champs.
Speaker 2: Drink up, motherfucker? Would good be hoping you put it? You bet your boy in O R E? What up is d J E f N? And this drink chaps motherfuck man.
Speaker 4: Now, when we talk about you know, interviewing legends and interviewing icons and interview and people who changed the game, this man has been a part of, you know, an album that changed my life. This man has been classic after classic, you know what I mean, lyric who after I'm listening to his listography. You can't find a whack bar nowhere. Like when you talk about lyricism, you talk about a man who stood this test of time, did it, was a part of the most legendary group ever.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 4: He is here, new album on the way or probably out by the time we dropped this. In case you don't know, we're talking about the one, the only so.
Speaker 2: That we've been trying to get you for eight years.
Speaker 4: Man, you are one of the most requested guests because every time we get a guest and that's say, well you ain't getting easy yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So tell us what's been going on in your life? Hey man? Just trying to figure it out, you know what I mean. Took a step back for a few years, you know, and watch the game transition to this technology then you know, the social media and putting a few songs out, waiting to get into the white mind frame.
Speaker 2: To put albums out.
Speaker 3: So twenty twenty one, I dropped Door dot two. That was a great thing for me, and now I'm on the next album. Yeah, and this is independent, all independent fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the difference from you? Because you know, first time we ever heard you we heard you on Life's a Bitch on not Ill matters a major label and I believe if I'm not if I'm incorrect, I believe you signed to EMI after that. Facts, So tell us, tell us what was that transition like, well, me.
Speaker 3: Me, I wasn't trying to get on I just met nads.
Speaker 2: To a phone call, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, I don't know for somebody I don't know, Jambo, you know, yeah, yea my man his man and my man Brooklyn betting your man the Queens type of thing.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So we was on the phone.
Speaker 3: I think I was on the phone with a lot of rappers and me and and now it's kind of more or less click because we was talking that ship, you know what I mean, And we stayed on the phone. I necessarily wasn't looking for a deal. I was like, if it happened to happen, you know what I mean. And it took about a year before I saw Nas and went to the studio and he was halfway through Illmatic and I was just dead supporting, you know what I mean, coming through showing love. And probably the last song was Life's a Bitch and and l E. S Was in there put it on and I'm in there vibbing. I'm like, I'm rapping, like yo, let me hear that. And I did it and I'm like the fuck out here, man, you popping like you love? Right, already because I think halftime was out. You know, for me, I'm not that confident at the end of the day. So when I did it, you know, the crew was in there, they went crazy. I figured just you know, they're showing love. Was I'm there whatever. A week a week later, he came back and said, yo, I turned the album. Men. I was like, world, uh, he's like, and I kept life to bitch on it. I was like, oh, ship okay, but I still felt the ways. I'm like, you know, I ain't even like my voice at the time or whatever, right when you hear yourself for the first time. But when it came out, motherfuckers went crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it went crazy.
Speaker 3: And then wait, wait for it. From there, every label came at me. Yeah, every label. But I was trying to figure it out. Ian mindn't have a lot of artists that they had Gang Star at the time, you know, and gang Star, you know, they put their work in, but I know it wasn't like klutted. So I wanted to come over there and be like the nucleus of what was going on. So I signed with them and then you have it. Okay, So but let's all right, So you saying that this started from a false carse like like just playing around, like yo, a man from Brooklyn. Nice and you had you had it laiden versus prior to that, I was I was never was in an official studio, like I'm bullshited.
Speaker 5: Here and there, you know what I mean, yourself an like you were just you were just bullshiting.
Speaker 2: We all love rap, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure everybody here think they could rap, you know what I mean? So I could rap, I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I mean, you was different, man, You're a little different than just now in hindsight.
Speaker 3: But then I was like, nah, you gotta you gotta understand halftimes out he's already the streets talking. I'm just a motherfucker from Brooklyn, you know what I mean. Try to figure it out. So it was good when when when I did get the love, so I know I had what it took, you know what I mean at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you hadn't really officially been in the studios. He said, he invites you to the studio. I had met each other at shut it out like yeah, you know na. I was like, yo, man, you know this is Hypothetha. My brother got shot. I'm like, damn, my man just got shot. Your mother man got locked up, your mother man got killed. We had the same similar stories, you know what I mean. So I wasn't beat to go to the studio.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I just ain't give a fuck, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I guess like it had to be about a year about He's like, yo, man, we had at chun King when I was down there on Canal Street. Yeah yeah, so I was like, fucking, I ain't doing nothing. I'm gonna come through. And you know I went through. You know, have a thousand niggas in there. But it was all good and it was a good vibe because when I saw him, I was like, this is your first time, my first time, my height, my statup, waves fly, nigga, bunch of wolves around us is like you know what I mean. It was like, okay, that's like my brother, you know what I mean. And it was a good rob.
Speaker 4: You have to drinks up me and my this is my man dreamed he battle on who who who can quote the best of So I'm he and tell us.
Speaker 2: You gotta hold o Bron't tell me there that's just what best. Yeah, I can't hold on b.
Speaker 6: Fishing lodges were real.
Speaker 7: Listens, We're like relax Bality muscles the badage, the first the status of real su have my mon Sality gets money over to Ken you.
Speaker 2: Other Listen, there's a little more.
Speaker 6: The people have ever.
Speaker 3: Made it this year.
Speaker 2: We won't forget it, said the God. This it's all of us.
Speaker 7: Jesu satisfic said that we need turning the car addition good good opening the Westerns the vidment inside of the guys feb We don't think about your own had to go.
Speaker 2: We ain't long we leave people if we leave it once got the door you Kennedy.
Speaker 7: Reciting turned the papers, seeing Monday for me somewhere sacking Kenny players Fee and real Masa.
Speaker 2: Getting I'm gonna tell you, I know I when that round.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: The fact of course I didn't. I always knew how ill that verse was.
Speaker 4: But I'm literally in dfy when this album comes out, and this album made me one of the right rhymes. But I'm sitting there and I did not know who easy he was by, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who is this guy? And you're not from the Bridge neither.
Speaker 3: I'm right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm thinking like I'm thinking, who the hell does it? And then it was in Brooklyn kids from me, Jamel Simon and Jamal. I forgot Jamal's last name, and they were both from East New York and boy were they so happy.
Speaker 2: They were like New York man, this is Do you know that's probably one of the most prolific features in hip hop?
Speaker 3: That's real? Real?
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real, that's real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I ain't gonna lie to you, bro, like you like that was that was a mark? So let's talk about because after that, everyone that's all the rumors was you gotta get a Z is.
Speaker 2: The next guy? Now?
Speaker 3: Is that pressure on you or you expected that because I know you said you wasn't really rapping, But do you expect all these people to come at you after this?
Speaker 2: Everybody coming at you quick.
Speaker 3: Pressure to an extent because you want to You want to make all the right moves right. You hear the stories of you know, even now telling me a situations where he was signed. You know, you know what I mean already, and then you hit through being in you know life. You hear artists and they come and go. You want to kind of make the right decisions. But the pressure probably came where I have to do album now I got I only got a few verses. I gotta write twelve songs, three versus per song.
Speaker 2: Little pressure right there for me, right and being branded on the game. So I just had to do it.
Speaker 3: Picked the right producers, right because here I am trying to follow up with whatever already came out the gate, which was Illmatic. I got to follow up with that. Then you heard all the other artists for my era coming out, So you know what I mean, a little pressure, little pressure, but I'm away from where I was right from somewhere else. Now, I'm good, cool, I take that pressure now?
Speaker 2: Was it? Was it?
Speaker 4: Because because remember I felt like everything was going through like Sony at that time, like Stout was pushing like everyone kind of like I believe the firm and then but then the firm winded up in the scope.
Speaker 2: So was it like was it different?
Speaker 3: Well, you're saying, you're saying, you're saying my album because that that firm came two years after, two years after, so we went from my album and went from from you know, being on Illmatic to my album to Nods. It was written to the firm right, So that was the whole stout came in, came in. It was game Man after the fag, yeah after So so let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about the firm. How did you? How did what was this idea.
Speaker 3: That that was on my album More Money, More Motile the Firm?
Speaker 2: Rid you want me?
Speaker 3: He was talking about it. You know, we're seeing everybody. You know, We're seeing you know what the woo doing. We're hearing what you know, thesion.
Speaker 2: You know, we're hearing things.
Speaker 3: So we want to put our ship together, you know what I mean. I knew Fox. One of one of the homies introduced me to Fox, but I've.
Speaker 2: Been to her brothers.
Speaker 3: I lived around the corner like a year before I moved to the East. I lived around the corner from Fox. I knew Gavin, you know what I mean. So met Fox whatever through the Hombies introduced Hard and Nas you know what I mean, And I was like, all right, let's do this. You know, I mean, she was heating up on her own, so everything was like divine intervention.
Speaker 4: To be honest, this is at the time where Big had Little Kim a radio or not yet.
Speaker 3: All this is yo, this ship is this ship is all TRANSI like this is like, ain't no time to think, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Now my most be fox.
Speaker 3: You working to cool your binger students' doing. She's not defy ho she she's cool. It's starts, it's just moving like that. So yeah, she she she she's n cann all.
Speaker 2: Is it true? You Jay and Biggie went to school together?
Speaker 3: No, me and me and me and Jay went to school together first with I and my They closed that down because that was there was like, uh the lean on music, it was off the hook put it like that.
Speaker 2: Then I think he went to Westernhouse.
Speaker 3: I'm at Big.
Speaker 2: But you and Jay was in school together. Yeah, facts, so jay Z Brooklyn schools Manz was in What kind of school was this high school? This is it was?
Speaker 3: It was hot.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 3: He was there definitely before me because one of the homies introduced me to him. He's like, oo, this cad get busy world up, you know what I mean? Like okay, and then you know ce j here and that when he come to school, we've been in lunch from fucking around, you know what I mean? Did you have a battle of the battle we rapped?
Speaker 2: No battle. Jay probably was the same as he is now he was then you know what I mean, it's not like you ain't get the better one or that you under saying. He was fucking with jazz, that was that was nice, speed rapping, was traveling.
Speaker 3: They was to well, I guess probably right at that time because I'm ninth grade, you know, but he was more in the mix of me.
Speaker 2: Put it like that, so he don't have the better up. How about Buster Mims. You went to the school Buster that's that's that's big and bust and all of them. What's that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what that w big, Buster and Biggie. I'm nice and one of them a western house, one of one of it's a smart schools too, a smart school A smart I was going to six hundred school. I wasn't allowed. So so what you like better writing the music or performing the music? I like writing first. Performing I love now you know mean, but right? And then you know it's therapeutic. Maybe put your put your thoughts on on paper. It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: So let's take it back to the first album. You got to pick this first single, but you want l e s is in the studio? How does this record come about?
Speaker 3: And then in the world, I want to put that record out, not that record, not everybody's pushing. Yeah, I don't want to put that record outwits my over.
Speaker 2: That speak about drink up. I'm ready to give my drinks. You're good.
Speaker 8: You want some shap Parkad, give us some shap pargainne man, your own body, your own bottle.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Because we celebrating you today. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What was the question I was saying you before that this single, get back to that, but show it's about giving people they flowers, man, you know what I mean. So we want to give you your flowers off top brother, fake the face, man and man, tell you how great.
Speaker 2: You are saying Snoop said, it's like a gravy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So yes, yes, yeah, yes, Holy moly, there'll be some ship and.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring you some flowers too, but somebody did that. It's about you, my brother.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 4: So I'm all right, because damn, I would have never thought that to me as outside of looking at that's probably the inside of that is looking out. But when I'm looking at what y'all doing from Ellmatic to your album.
Speaker 3: This looks like it's perfect to me, So sugar Hill perfect, You know, it didn't because we street motherfuckers and we thinking about rapping.
Speaker 2: I'm not thinking about the business of it. Yo. Man, you got record.
Speaker 3: You put the B side for the street niggas and then put the single because it was.
Speaker 2: The B side money it was rather unique, Okay, so put that out.
Speaker 3: So it was so me, I'm happy with that. I'm happy with just I want to I want to develop my staff. I want to speak to my people's management, like, oh, come on, bro, we got it. We got mixed myths. Man, you know what I mean. You see what's going on out there, you know, big at the juicy and things of that nature.
Speaker 2: And it's a differentiation of.
Speaker 3: You know, you speak to the cats, you speak to the women and women by vackings. So it's a whole new knowledge coming in there, Like Okay, it ain't just battling and rapping and trying to show them the livest women want to get down. Okay, yeah, let's play, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, sugar Hell, you didn't like this.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it? Why? I just told you it was a dance record commercial. But but what was told to me which made it fly, like spit some real ship on its it's all beers, the ladies could dance.
Speaker 2: You spit the real ship. The nigga's gonna like it. You're good. So that concept got me, like, you know it, mind fucked me, but it worked.
Speaker 3: Recordbody was coming through busting their guns on it for T shirt.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get all suited and boo at that time. I didn't, but it was being ahead of the game right in reality because it was like, all right, I got.
Speaker 2: I got a big budget, got a lot of big.
Speaker 3: Budget, big budget, a big budget. Your fake look on you said that big budget we got. We gotta recoup right because now it's the business. So I mean, they got me good in that zone to really uh write it how I wrote it and delivered it and and it worked right.
Speaker 2: Now, you learning the business?
Speaker 4: Was that a shock to you because you know, most of the time, most of us will probably do this because I'm good for fun. But then you got to realize you got to feed the feed your family. And when was the time that you realized that this was a business.
Speaker 3: When I got that check first check, I said, oh, Ship is real. First check made it real?
Speaker 2: The check and what happened? Would you would you? Would you? It was the first second from though from from im I.
Speaker 3: Remember, prior to me signing, I went on the tour with nas right for the Automatic tour and Ship.
Speaker 2: I was happy just going for the education right learning.
Speaker 3: I ain't in the hood, fucking I'm fucking I mean, I'm in Queen's now, I'm fucking with that zone.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: So when we finished the tour, you know, I was with all everybody coming to the table. I decided to go to Imari. They gave him my check. But then you know, now it's called like, yo, man, yo, they's coming on the tour. I'm like, all right, cool, I got a little money for I was like, all right, cool, und or whatever. I hear an't know I signed. I was gonna tell him, but he beat me to the points. I was like, I got a little four five dollars for four five hundred.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, okay, cool, that's cool man better no, I don't care. So he started laughing, like yo, you crazy me. I got about ten fifteen you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But cool, And like I said, the whole thing was like a blessing and a lesson at the same time. You know what I mean, Right, Okay, I've been wanting to ask you this question forever, Right, okay, you said on the phone tap because I felt like there was racist towards Latinos.
Speaker 2: And then I realized you you're Dominicans, so it can't be.
Speaker 3: Racist because you're gonna start wrapping your Dominican.
Speaker 2: Side to We're gonna get the record.
Speaker 3: But I always thought this lie because you said I caught him sleeping.
Speaker 2: The Spanish Harlem Puerto Ricans court, sleeping from the Puerto Ricans Spanish Harlem. But then you said that deacon off.
Speaker 3: The deggon Spanish Harlem and the deacon not that close, who's doing all of that?
Speaker 2: Start doing that? You can get this beast home the fact.
Speaker 5: That's god.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. That's a classic record. Phone Tapa in the studio, your phone was tapped. He was like, let's just make a noise.
Speaker 2: About it now.
Speaker 3: We always were always just be in that zone, like I guess threw our lyrics, well my lyrics, I can say, I just try to throw a jewel in there too, for I know, I know the hood listening, so like we always on our phones. So just just be mindful, right because we all take ship for granted. And every time I write it was just life a bitch. I would trying to throw I speak that street ship, but I thowt jeweling. So phone tap, it was just that zone. When d throw that beat on it, it just came to life. And you know, now it came up with the hook. The concept was more or less mine's right.
Speaker 2: Like say that to a phone sound talking on the phone. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But we always throw ideas back and forth in the studio, you know what I mean. So it came out good everything come on, good me him touched. It had come out good old time all the time.
Speaker 4: When you look at the Firm album, when you look at you know, this was a collective force of individuals that came together.
Speaker 2: Do you did you understand what I was doing back then? No, I was trying and we were trying to.
Speaker 3: That was that was that was a power move right there, right because it was just an idea of trying to make it happen. So with Dray being involved, you know, track mess was hot as hell. Uh and and and we had now on the album to it was crazy yeah yeah Half yeah brother.
Speaker 2: But so the thought was, okay, cool menas Fox cool right. I wanted to Half.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing Half to the table right because he was just he was just lyrically mackling son.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, well, I'm being Mega. Mega just came home.
Speaker 3: At the time. I'm trusting, you know, no judgment, which is cool, you know what I mean? So we that's the force to me? Is it actually really? Because I think I think Half came after the fact, so me nas Mega. And then somewhere along the line, you know, the lines got blurred. It becomes I think it's business. Right, It's not a it's not a talent thing. It becomes a business thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: This person signing, this management, this person is regularly these people are in control of certain things. And and that's why there's no firm too.
Speaker 4: I mean, you seem like you cooler than the whistle man, like well, like you seem like the other side of the pillow.
Speaker 2: But we all noticed this famous thing that happened, right.
Speaker 4: I was actually in the studio when I don't know what happened with with the Mega side, but I was dead when nature actually did the freestyle and no one asked him to do that. But you how did you feel, because like because on one hand, you use guys working.
Speaker 2: For cor Mega and it was like it was like they switched it and now you've got to work with Nature. Did you have a relationship with nature? How did that?
Speaker 3: I met Mega first, you know what I mean? Me and Me and Mega bond official, you know what I mean. I met Nature after the fact, but I knew it was it was it was a business move, right, but it was out of my control to an extent. I really couldn't right, right, it was like I had the power to really I could. I gave my say so to an extent, like what's going on? You know now I know that you know he signed over here, he signed over here, he don't want to sign gonna do that. So it was that type of ship, right that I think always take place when it when with a lot of people involved. You know, I'm neutral with everything, right, that's just me, right, But that was what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Like that's and that's some queen ship. That's that's some freend ship.
Speaker 3: I get it right, they're fuck around, fight, get back together.
Speaker 2: That's some real So.
Speaker 3: The guys finally formed this group. Right, you go to l A right, doctor Dre is involved, because was it signed that doctor Dre or or it was a collective? I think it was yeah, yeah, after mad fact.
Speaker 2: So you're getting the studio with doctor Dre.
Speaker 3: Right, what is that like, that's a beautiful thing, that's right, right, But it's on the heels of him believing death roll. So it's still like there's a lot of ship going on the time, and it was there. It's a lot of energy, right, energy was everything? Right now the energy is it's subtle, but back then the energy was very serious. But it was good to fuck with Dre from his discography and the ship he put in it and then him and now was making that acquaintance. Let's get busy, right, that's my mom said, whatever, let's get busy, Like i can't think too much about lots going on. I'm trying to hit the target all the time.
Speaker 2: That's a if you to do a firm part too, right, now, who would you pick? What the fuck that means? We mean the four members, all five or six members? Are you trying to say pick anybody?
Speaker 3: Let let's spose let's spose everyone came and said, your a.
Speaker 2: We want to do the firm. You're the closest to the to the streets. You you have the mind.
Speaker 3: We want you to lead this four hat Who's the people you would pick if it's your choice? Same before?
Speaker 2: Which one? Because two different firms?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: Everybody, Yo, listen, man, listen, man, let me play.
Speaker 2: No, I don't got to right pick a size.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm the type that I let it pick itself, that type of person. I'm bringing it back to the table.
Speaker 2: Listening. We got some paper on the table.
Speaker 3: What's going on, what we're doing, what we're eagle getting away or or we can't do nothing? That's them that X they cell FU. But I don't bring aboy to the table.
Speaker 2: I said they can't. He said that you can't do it.
Speaker 3: I said he could pick any group, sir' seem that you want to and yeah, sometimes let problems solve theyself, right, Because I don't really I know that I know.
Speaker 2: The surface of the I know. I don't know the in.
Speaker 3: Depth because it would be more ship.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm people one.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know like everybody good. Now I'm there's you know what I'm saying but I don't know. I didn't know the in depth.
Speaker 3: I'm sure probably was deeper than yo, I'm signed over here. I won't sign these papers. But then they probably got message somewhere that I don't know because I wasn't in the I was in the bridge.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there. They were seeing each other on their own time, you know what I mean. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Really, but as men, you know, they they straightened it out, like you said, like we're all grown now, you know what I mean. Like, I'm sure a lot of people got ill the stories. That story was light work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody got the paper, got some shine.
Speaker 3: They couldn't figure it out. They went their way. Everybody did they ding.
Speaker 2: You know, SI get deep and other other cruise a lot of deep, you know what I'm saying. So cool with it.
Speaker 3: Now we've seen the picture of you right posted or Foxy Brown daughter, Oh my bad? Oh yes, yes, yes, I went to check up on fox. I try to I try to dialogue. Well right, I'm gonna keep it one hundred. I don't speak the nature right at all, no no contact.
Speaker 2: I see him here and there.
Speaker 3: I dialogue right, I speak the Mega periodically. I speak the Fox periodically. I speak the nods periodically, right, so you know, this is fifty years of hip hop.
Speaker 2: I'm a Fox, get us shine, you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You know our applaud nods for bringing me out at the garden. That was a great thing, you know what I mean. But she being a part of the culture in the era, I want, you know, we check up on her. I want to check up on her. She wasn't there, but you know, lose baby, she was there.
Speaker 2: And this is like I saw.
Speaker 3: I went to visit Fox when she first had her in the hospital, but this is the second time, my son, she's now.
Speaker 2: I was like Ship and she looks just like you know what I mean. I was like, call Red Fox. That's crazy. That's what they do. They call her Red Fox.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, that's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't get to see Fox.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to see her. I spoke to her after the fact, right, I don't know, she's running around or whatever, telling her like, come on, man, come get this money, get your shine back.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I got some cigars for you, brother, Yeah, get you get your shining back.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate it. You know what I mean. Oh, I got blunts in here and anything. This is, this is this is okay just ca yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in case you show me, you show you know what I'm saying. You know me, it's my personal stash. Man. I want you to feel good because you know why, you're a legend.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You deserve your flowers, you deserve your respect, you deserve your love.
Speaker 2: You're a pillow.
Speaker 3: This hip hop ship and your fans is relentless.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I had to come here, yeah, relentless.
Speaker 4: Like there's people telling me I told you, motherfucker. I was like, looking like, it's like I told you mother, and then they be blaming us for having other people when it's not you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, y'all keeping it all? Is that something? That that that?
Speaker 3: Because you know, we're all into the game. I really into the game when I was like eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 4: And I have some fans who actually grew up with me, who's actually old motherfuckers, right, and they're like they they went with me through all my little ship. It's differently, is there fans that went with you through this whole journey?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yah yeah, hell yeah yeah fans that that dugged it out, man, even when I like fell back for a minute trying to figure it out. You know, the game was just changing so fast and no sonically and you know, from CDs to digital, just so much shit going on.
Speaker 2: Like I'm trying to staying, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Without without playing my off getting caught up in no sucking shit right, because it can happen, right, you know what I mean, when you're trying to do You can try to do something, but you lose points trying to get points, right, So I got to sit and cut like this and until I could strike. So fans they bought because they're still showing love, right, Like, look, how many years later, I'm still I'm putting albums out and getting love like she is incredible, man, incredible.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 4: One of the very first questions people saying is when the fuck is a Z and I was gonna do a double U.
Speaker 3: I want everybody know, you know that man got all the power in the world. Man, I want to ask that man. I'm right here. I'm so ja war at old times. He got all the power in the world. That's my brother, though, you know whatever it is, he listened, he opened the door for me, So it can never I could never go left right, and.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know, like like you right, we were in the games.
Speaker 3: Everybody got lanes to take, you know what I mean, So everybody take their lanes. And he got things he need to accomplish. He has visions that he needs to accomplish, and that's what he do.
Speaker 2: And me, I get my ship.
Speaker 3: You don't mean no point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you kind of got an album together.
Speaker 3: If you put on the features I got, you do that, yeah, I mean, I mean if you was put that together, make a compilation, what would you call that? I couldn't even I got that that. I gotta sit back on that one.
Speaker 2: That's some deadly You can't just want you to call that. That's some deadly ship. Right there? Come on, you ain't gonna get drunk. You can still be on point.
Speaker 5: But we need something new from that. It couldn't be a I mean, complation older. It gotta be something brand new.
Speaker 2: Yeah of course.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying for people that don't know, like they like they got those many records together, she can be called an album.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: But if you was to be able to get in and record an album, who producers you would pick.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's Fly, that's Fly. That's a good one. That's a good one. I'll try to bring the heavy hitters and bring a primo doctor Dre.
Speaker 2: Man. I can hear you guys in Justice League production. That's this league, man.
Speaker 3: I still get some from Kanye. Yeah, busy with the music. Leave the door open for what else? Yeah, that'd be crazy. Yeah, yeah, that'd be crazy.
Speaker 5: L E.
Speaker 3: S L L definitely you know L been damn l L being around from day one. Man L brought a lot of classics to the table. Man shout out to L. E.
Speaker 2: S Man rolled up. Yeah, God damn it. Let's let's what other producers you think?
Speaker 5: You said Primo, right, we said Pete Rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, period, y'all bunk always the album?
Speaker 2: Yeah, tip tip, tip, your tip, tip definitely tip.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite goal to producer? For you? For yourself?
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Try to try to fuck with those I like, I mean, everybody deal with I. I like that been on my albums. That's that I still funk with right now. This album, the Truth Be Told album, Buck did the whole album Buck Wow. Wow, Yeah, he's the whole album. But like you said, always got Pete. They always always got you know, Primo dr period they always did. You know what I mean?
Speaker 10: What is this?
Speaker 4: This this trend with every people doing the whole albums? Is that something that is more comfortable.
Speaker 3: Working with I've noticed that that it is right, But it's been going on for time, like track masters, this piece of album albums, whole album. Yeah, Primo did all Google album like it's been going on, Doctor Drake did all.
Speaker 2: Definitely like it been going on. But it's more comfortable.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna go shot for beats and all that ship, you know what I mean? Like, and then you can just get a whole bunch and figured out.
Speaker 2: It's a cohesive sound easier to make a cohesive And then so so how do you how do y'all do this? Y'all go away or y'all just lock in together.
Speaker 3: We went away for the Firm album with me and Bucknah. I just I'm in the zone. Now, I'm in the zone. I'm good.
Speaker 2: So he just sending you the records records.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, I'm good. Money yeah all right?
Speaker 2: Cool? You ready for quick Time on line?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah already?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, you gotta Harry then up, mother Jesus man, Jesus, I can bring it soon. Yeah, oh yeah, we bring them quick times line too. Yeah, all right, so let's talk about that. We talked about sugarhir already.
Speaker 3: Ah talk about more money, more murder, more money. That's a classic too. Yeah that record was that was that? That's Iley Brothers sample.
Speaker 2: I think really yeah, that was the Mafia sample. I don't know it was, honestly, but that's just like, yeah, John Gotti gave you he was was in his zone with that.
Speaker 3: We was fresh, right, there was and it was not still on the bridge. I don't know, we was fresh at that time. That's That's one of the classes off my album I Love.
Speaker 2: How did that record come about? The all bought the beat to the table and I think Nads had the hook of it.
Speaker 3: He said the hook and I reminded him about the hook, and then we just went crazy on that one. It was just it was that's a lot. I thought Spirits was in the room with us. It was nice, nice, nice song. Okay, I'm bouncing around a little bit, right, Okay, we look at this Jay z uh Dad President's video.
Speaker 4: Right, we see you see Big, you see Emery, we see bigs. We see Dame dash Uh, it's real money. It looks like it's real money. You guys are shaking. I remember you had the toothpick and right right right, right right right, you shaking a lot of people say, and I know you can answer this whichever way. A lot of people say, that's where like the turmoil started with Jay and now video Nads was supposed to attend that very scene.
Speaker 2: I would not know that right.
Speaker 3: All I know is I knew.
Speaker 2: Me and I came through it right. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how the business was, but I was being on the hook at that I don't know day relationship at the time, which I don't think was a relationship.
Speaker 2: He just I guess he heard it like that. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can speak for him, but he just got a call. I don't think Maybe it did. Maybe I don't know. Honestly, keep you one hundred.
Speaker 3: I don't know, should be fine out Let me know, Let me let me know, because I don't.
Speaker 2: We know a lot of shit.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I ain't about him.
Speaker 3: I don't believe invest my mind a lot of this ship. It's a business, but both against some paper. But I guess we was all young, a lot of a lot of ego, a lot of personal ship, a lot of you know what I mean. Niggas have a dick measuring content. I don't know, but it was about paper for me.
Speaker 2: For day one. When I got that check, I was like, you got to be in the streets.
Speaker 3: Let's go right, And it's like jumping out the frying pan into the fucking fire because it was. It get a little worse right because the same shit kind of exist, but it's a lot of more talking and it's like, what like our face, it's just crazy to me, Like I just can't understand it. But then I understand the competitiveness of hip hop, which always been And we got it from you know, Coolmo D, Busy B.
Speaker 2: We got it from you know, L and Ice T.
Speaker 3: We got it from you know what I'm saying the time going with all the beefs with you know, shaying and the krs. So it's the nature of it, you know what I'm saying. But then they were rapping for real. But then when we brought the street element to it, the ship just went cool cool man, it just went coogle and we sucked it up and we.
Speaker 2: Fucked this ship up.
Speaker 5: It up.
Speaker 2: For me, looking at that video, it's seemed.
Speaker 3: It's gonna sound crazy about the dead president.
Speaker 2: President.
Speaker 4: Shoot, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say something that's gonna sound crazy, but it's not really that. I don't think Naves would even fit in that scene had if that was.
Speaker 3: The case, because we're all Brooklyn people there.
Speaker 2: I felt like, yeah, Brooklyn niggas, Yeah, by yourself.
Speaker 3: If it would have been live, doctor been on a queenz niggative. Okay, you get it, because that's how I felt going quitions. But I'm the only Brooklyn nigga there. You're fucking christ looked at it like that. But you know, I said, but it would have been fly. It would have been fly because it would have been fly, right because every time you hear about the top.
Speaker 2: Ten three names come up, it would have been that's monumental, right.
Speaker 5: Right right right?
Speaker 3: Hey, your name come up during the top five too, motherfucker. You ain't gonna let you be home like that.
Speaker 2: You do that, ain't gonna let you say that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean to be honest with you, I really, really I want you to understand your fan base, like you know what I'm saying, like that's what we do, like when we said our name, like you know, in the week off and then I could I can understand, like like like Wayne has the nicest fans in the world. Like when I say something about Wayne, his fans like, can you let us drop it on Friday?
Speaker 2: Like respectful nods? That's real? So you dropped?
Speaker 6: Ready?
Speaker 2: Huh? Quick time is ready? Okay? Cool? You want to explain him the rules and we're gonna bring you up. We're taking shots, were taking shots, so yeah, you gotta set up.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is very racist. You bring the Puerto Rican in to drink the shots? Are your wor we can do up. Yes, he's cute, l A.
Speaker 2: We got that.
Speaker 3: DJ you smoke, you smoke, you don't smoke. We damn all right, we had that gumbo for y'all.
Speaker 2: I guess I got this.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, a second, because we got your flop.
Speaker 2: You got your floper to.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, he's to sell a lot of cocaine uptown.
Speaker 2: Classic. He said he's mad at.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 2: Got me, Sonny got got Okay right now, it is a quick time of slim since I started.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is quick time of slot We're gonna give you two asses, right, two choices, two choice choices, you pick. You picked one, We don't drink. You picked both. We all drink.
Speaker 3: You picked both, politically correct. Let me still take a shot.
Speaker 4: We drink with you, so you don't have to take a shot, because the beautiful seemed like you. You're a shot god, but you take SIPs off champagne.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna have be a designated drink. Any is the same thing. We have a shot, a designated drinker, you know what I mean. Gotta go with a doubt. We repping Dominicans. We got Mama Horner right here. If you want something, I don't want that laid off.
Speaker 4: We giving you your flowers, give you your praises. Okay, first first, but we don't write these questions. This is the Colombian and Dominican over there that white questions. They analyze you when then they yes, this is just a fact. Okay, you ready for the first shoot? Oh jam you got the shots ready though? Because I feel like he's going to answer this predominantly.
Speaker 2: You drink to everybody drinking, got the first one? Yes?
Speaker 3: Nos a jay z, Yes, that's it. Nasa jay Z're not doing to pick one, please, I'm picking one for what what? I'm picking whatever you want wanted them to say?
Speaker 2: Who's all?
Speaker 5: It's whatever the criteria in your mind, best them, see, best friend, best dressed, whatever the fun is.
Speaker 2: In your mind.
Speaker 5: It could be both, it could be neither. It could be one of them, and you can tell us the story to go with it too.
Speaker 3: I'll funk with both, right, I'm gonna tell you why you Okay, you know I love Nah. It's my brother and I love Jay because that's my brother too. Of what he did for the game, he took him the heights. That right, we all dream, you know what I mean. So I'm blocking them both. Okay, that's a shot.
Speaker 2: That's a shot. That's a shot. If it's both neither, I feel like it's gonna be a lot of both. He is too smooth, like I think he could be.
Speaker 3: He's definitely he definitely could be city councilor ready of d m X. I'm gonna go with part because Park put a lot of work in You got any stories of Park or I don't have. I met Park one time. The crazy thing is I met pock at I think it was a Jay release party. That's some crazy ship. I hed our release party. It was one of the clubs and it wasn't. It wasn't Pladi Damn. I'm mad because but there.
Speaker 7: No, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a vaka fella And as I released, I came there and then part came Wong through the door, his motherfuckerself and like, what, what's what's up? So yeah, so but I fuck with Park because he's got so much work about. I fun with ask two though, you know you hit me with hard ship, So you're saying both, He said, Park had one.
Speaker 2: This is I knew these evil motherfucker's gonna do this. Motherfucker. This is not me Mega or Nature.
Speaker 3: I'm going I'm going with Mega, Okay, Mega, don Mega Dawn all right, Biggie or big L.
Speaker 6: B I G.
Speaker 2: I love L. I love L too, but b I G put that work in, you know what I mean? God half a mill or big pun? Oh dirty man, dirty yah yah, dirty man.
Speaker 12: I'm going yeah, I'm going with both, with both, man, drink drink there's another dirty one.
Speaker 3: Oh d b r buz wow, y'all dirty again, man, I'm going with both.
Speaker 2: I can't even both.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna taking it God damn early they know what they're doing. You're gonna be drunk.
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite question, by the way, one of my favorites n w a o Wu tang Wo.
Speaker 2: He was a y'all dirty. I don't want to get drunk.
Speaker 3: It's not about see what it is is you're talking about just picking sip. You're talking about what the culture, right, I'm thinking worldwide. Both of them did the culture both.
Speaker 2: And he got the shirt on.
Speaker 3: You can't tell me nothing what's going on? But I fuck with both. I got both because the Woo no just selling. That's what I'm saying. Fuck that both, all right, solo solid.
Speaker 2: You ain't wrong for the.
Speaker 3: I always think that is the beston. You should say both. I always think that that's.
Speaker 2: Me red Man or styles P. That's a nice one, man, that's a nice one. Damn I got you some motherfuckers.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Just think about it. Think about it a little bit. That's that's all on.
Speaker 3: Again both, okay, y'all, I keep it. Love my comrades, man, Fuck it.
Speaker 2: I think A Z is a blue Switzerland. He is taking over. He is politically correct, all right. What they said on your Twitter though, they was like yo, he don't let him smooth talk you. Somebody said that on you and guess what it's happening? Alright, d J clewor do wop you said that rare ghosts.
Speaker 3: What are you'all doing? Man?
Speaker 2: Like this is crazy drinking on you? She already know. Look you know already around both brothers. Man, brother you want to take over you you you in the hot. You gotta do the water though, Jamie, you can't water. You said boat five times? Oh ship damn you get your get your ther d j R Down. How many want to more? A couple of more people? Man, yeah, care us one O rock him.
Speaker 5: Yeo.
Speaker 2: They know what they're doing. Man that I'm not from the Bronx, A love of brons My not form the Bronx.
Speaker 6: Leading you.
Speaker 2: I'm going, okay, I'm going, I'm going about that's all. Just one is. Yeah, you want to ask amadic or ready to die?
Speaker 3: Oh dirty.
Speaker 5: For you? You could have been like I'm on hmatic. So I'm gonna just say amadic. I know that I know I can't make listen.
Speaker 4: It's something born in Brooklyn. People that don't get Brooklyn. We've been studying this, I mean, had we had this ran Western.
Speaker 3: I already took mine, my bad spial and we noticed bid can against Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: They cannot. It's something in their system. It's the yall when y'all was born with Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: They'll kill each other, but they won't go against each other against any other.
Speaker 2: Barrel right, Relax down me and I'm with you. I hadji rap or scarface is nice. I'm going wrapped though. This is a good one. M O P or mom deep.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. That's a good one. It's a good one. It's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Will m O P m O P, will m O.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go in brand Nubian or poor Righty's teachers.
Speaker 2: Brand new Bens one for all.
Speaker 3: Off one, I said the bees he even though like my name is David Rufford, we toober in seas just like an.
Speaker 2: Ingus muffin man him. He just jokes out at me.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I should say poor. Here's more Brooklyn smoother hustler sauce money.
Speaker 3: Go smooth. I know, smooth, but fuck with smooth sauce of fuck with you. But I'm gonna go smooth Okay.
Speaker 2: Gumbo or Branson. What the fuck is gumbo? You canna find out? Don't go right now. I'm fucking that's my dude, Brands and the Prince of Gumbo. He smoked. He said, you don't smoke. Damn that that's why you gotta know. We gotta here smoke the dead said this broke today. Would you be an honorary smoke cutter.
Speaker 3: He's here like.
Speaker 2: Hour the fourth hour hour. All right, you know what a lot of happened in the I respect that.
Speaker 4: Okay, push your tear, kiss kiss smoother, hustler, or say.
Speaker 2: That we did that. We did that? Sorry, yes he picked Okay, Yeah, queenland Tea for empty light.
Speaker 3: Wow, fucking wild both.
Speaker 5: I know, but.
Speaker 3: I know them, both, them both.
Speaker 2: And remember any stories. Please.
Speaker 3: We say these names to bring a light before light got on. One of my peoples knew her. Oh I think she had one song I see from Brooklyn. Uh and my people was introduced back. Actually she wasn't even on she even had a record on buck and get on em Light.
Speaker 2: I knew her. Uh my homie was I guess he was. Was she gonna sign him?
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was she was gonna sign them or or there was there was I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: But he rapped, she raps. I met her, I brought her to the East.
Speaker 3: My man had They was just DJ ship, get me DJ outside.
Speaker 2: She rapped and it's like, Yo, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna gonna politics a and and like light People's Man and then Queen Lost. She always first album, she'll come to the studio and just chill, you know what I mean. She knew my manager. She always showed love when she sees me, like, yeah, they show love.
Speaker 2: They from that era, you know what I mean. Podcaster Radio, I don't know about this podcast. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm trying it out. Yeah, no I'm not. I'm I'm I'm I'm gonna go. I'm going with the radio right now. I don't know too much about the podcast. That's We Don't Mess.
Speaker 3: Yankees.
Speaker 2: That's too Yeah. Ice Cube or ice Tea? Which ice will it be? Oh?
Speaker 3: And fun with ice Tea smoke that's my dude, you know, he my dude, ice Cube put he kicked the doors down though. He I want to see Ice Cube at the Apollo ninety three.
Speaker 2: He was at that show. I was there.
Speaker 3: I was there, changed my life with tennis balls, changed my life there they're doing money off the balcony, changed my life. People in the audience was doing the money of the drug dealers. Yes, and I was there front center. I was probably like a V seven. I remember that ship just oh my god. He tore that motherfucker damn like no other ship.
Speaker 2: Both.
Speaker 3: I'm like, y'all, damn, what you're gonna have a heart attack?
Speaker 2: We got we got certain Come on yo, how many more? No?
Speaker 6: We got?
Speaker 2: But we're drinking with them? Was this ship bill for this?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: Was New Jack City or King of New York?
Speaker 3: He's they're never fucking easy easy, nigga, what which one?
Speaker 2: I want to hear? What you wanna said? King of New York, that's my ship.
Speaker 3: But New Jack City was crazy, like motherfucker biggie, like baby.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'm going King in New York. Okay, I'm saving Thank you, Pete rock or Riz. Wow, I don't wanna do this no more.
Speaker 3: Almost almost almost Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Pete. I'm going Pete. I'm gonna Pete l l or Big Daddy Kinge. And this is clearly light skin against dark skin. Let's see where you. Let's see because you clearly I'm gonna with K because that's one of my that's one of my You have to cut your eyes.
Speaker 2: I didn't have it, but I would get it. Is Gold Premiere or buck Wild thirty may not. I just did the album buck Wild drinking.
Speaker 3: That's my boy.
Speaker 2: Drink up for Premier. I even drink to that. Both Gang Star or I'm gonna e PM. I love Gang Star, you know I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, em fishing hats just because they put that work in and then they they turned up. When I was you know, I mean trying to figure it out, they was turning up. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your TV raps or be their music box, be their music box. Ralph Ralph all days right kick a pre or right alert.
Speaker 3: Damn that's crazy too. I'm going because he just he he changed the game, did too.
Speaker 2: But you know, okay a finger get that one. He's more backpack than me. Analog or digital.
Speaker 3: Analog like analog.
Speaker 2: Most death are coming.
Speaker 4: Most death, yeah, the last one based the last one. Loyalty or respect, wow, both. This is the time where we say you're supposed to pick both.
Speaker 2: Goddamn right. The next game is called quicker Time when slum that's what's up. Let's tell these people, how did you get started in this game? Immediately? How do I get started?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 13: I just I mean, like he said, we you know, we was both born on the West Coast but raised in the east, like Bronx, New York, looking at that ship like right out my window, you know what I mean, Like and my and my parents like even though they wasn't like super strict, they kept me on the long lease so like I could go to the gams and all that, but yo coming by a certain time, you know what I mean, Like shit like that said correct, half Cuban, half Puerto Rican, so.
Speaker 2: I was able to like.
Speaker 13: Right, so grand Master Kazd, I mean later on in life, I understood it. I mean I realized it later on in life, like Grand Mass Class grandmass Kas live right up the block, got a rock whipped with from Fantastic five, lift that way up the block, you know what I mean, Like you had a lot of those around you right right around. I went to eighty first, between Valentine and Rya. That's where they film Wild Style, you know, what I mean, like all that shit. So I seen that shit right outside my window. Bro, So everybody on my block trying to be a DT at nine years old, like I think it was my tenth birthday or my ninth birthday. My parents gave me like a whole system, like a whole two turned tables, I know you would know, slb ones, a Gemini mixer, Pioneer receiver, some gym sound speakers, like I had the whole shit, you know, so I was able to venture out and do what I do, you know, do what I had to do at the same time, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So you had the spikes nose spikes.
Speaker 2: He wasn't that far back, Spike, I was that far back, but he was a kid.
Speaker 14: I think I see the spikes from your closet. No, Spike, don't break dancing.
Speaker 13: Didn't break this and hell come on, but we all popped locked a little bit, like tried.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean. So, so where did you get the inspiration from? Do mixtapes?
Speaker 13: I mean obviously the star child Brucey b k Capri hockey inspiration late eighties going into the nineties, and and you know, and I went to school with Capri.
Speaker 2: So I seen it, you know firsthand. I skin walls that one time. So so you know that's how I went down.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, you know to be for you talking about so we had that and yeah, so I mean, but you know what, but like Capri like he showed us like we can you could be a DJ without having a rapper, like you know what I mean, like right now DJ for my my nigga A but he know, I do my thing on my own too, like like when we was coming up, like that was it right there? Like being yourself, like doing it yourself, like talking on the mic. You didn't need an MC with you like you did it all all on your own and ship. So that's how it went down. So right now they call for a Z to do a versus. Yeah, who do you think a Z versus against? Who's a pastic.
Speaker 2: Match and the DJ that you wanted to destroy? Nah? Nah, I ain't on that. I ain't on that battle show.
Speaker 13: I ain't on that battleship outside battleship all right, that battleship all right.
Speaker 2: But but but but I had enough.
Speaker 13: I had enough of those bro I had kick a pre me and Kate Slave went at it. Me and Clue went at it.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. So you're veteran, We didn't did that. We didn't did that.
Speaker 4: Yes, survivors were moss, but but they Swiss calls you and says we went the perfect match.
Speaker 13: Swiss said it on live. He said he wanted me a comprie to do it again. But I'm not for a Z like a rap DJ and you the DJ. She wouldn't pick a rapper, yes, and a DJ.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think this nigga to goat my nigga. So I ain't even really absolutely say that. Louder absolutely as is a motherfucking goat.
Speaker 11: You can know.
Speaker 2: Even though he want to fight me in the last tour we was on, let's talk about it, talk about it, what happened? What you making before?
Speaker 13: But you know what, you know what, we've been rocking like I know you since ninety five. We've been rocking on tour since twenty eleven. We had two fights, not even fights, arguments. That shows you his character, bro, because you know rappers, So what is it?
Speaker 3: What is it because because you're making him perform B side records or what.
Speaker 6: Is it that show.
Speaker 13: Just being on tour it's just being on tour too long, you know what I mean, and getting into that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Man, But you say, you know since ninety fight was it? When did he do ninety five?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In fact, because he was so he was in and out.
Speaker 13: When I did ninety five Live, I had Ray Kwan, kr Res, Lost Boys, all the niggas like Keith.
Speaker 2: Murray, Redman, Yo. This dude, whoever convinced him to come to do ninety five live. They came in with a mink coat.
Speaker 13: No, he came in and was out twelve bars, not even sixteen, twelve twelve balls in and out?
Speaker 2: How fast I was in there, in and out?
Speaker 13: But you did your motherfucker nah round the corner from DNDS called Noison AD.
Speaker 5: What you need to do is imagine that there's people listening, don't even know what we're talking about, don't know what we're talking about. A mixtape ninety five Lives Everybody did Freestyle.
Speaker 13: Ninety five Live is the first mixtape ever that had known rappers on it, like known popular popping rappers on.
Speaker 2: It right at the soul.
Speaker 13: So for instance, before ninety five, there was there was mixtapes. It was just DJ's doing cuts. And Blends and all that ship. Right, ninety five, I put out a mixtape that had krs Azy, Lost Boys, Ray Kwan on it. Nor Ain't coming coming.
Speaker 2: To somebody seven, I'm gonna tell you when Nordy came in.
Speaker 13: But but but you're right, so boom so we had all these rappers on it, and that was the first joint that ever had like you know what I mean, like known rappers.
Speaker 2: There was a game change, the mixtape game and in the hip hop period. Right. But if I say this sounds crazy, but somebody else got to explain it, like, but yeah, that shit got pressed. I got the vinyl. I think the tape masters of the vinyl. Right. But going back to Nordy.
Speaker 13: In ninety seven, I woke up around eleven twelve o'clock to a fucking voicemail, not even a voicemail. My ask ma shee it was ninety seven. This nigga said, I didn't give him my number, so I know I had my numbers. What it was in March ninety seven? He was like, yo, do what they just rated left?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 13: It took everybody, took like fifty of my niggas. Yo, let me come to your house and do my verse right now, I ain't know what he was talking about. Checked, so I checked the time he left that message, like five fifteen in the morning. You know that he's been awake forty two hours.
Speaker 2: He was awake because they raided the projected. He was awake.
Speaker 6: That's read the.
Speaker 2: It's so right. I want to argue with him, argue with him. But so that's how early in the morning. Yo.
Speaker 4: But but but this union right here, y'all two together. It's dope, brother, it is super dope to super legends.
Speaker 2: So what happened?
Speaker 13: He?
Speaker 2: How did you getting it? No? I needed it.
Speaker 3: I needed a DJ at the time, the one I was dealing with, you know whatever whatever. So d O my manager at the time, he was my manager. Then he's like, yo, fuck with do O, Like do wow? Do I mixtape? But then he's like, now do this, do this, that and the third and I was like, all right, fuck, let me do one of two shows with them and that's it and then I'll figured out.
Speaker 2: But after that show, it was on. After that, where was the show?
Speaker 10: A ship?
Speaker 3: We went overseas the first time?
Speaker 2: The first song first time we went over went over all? Right, you remember where we RESI. It was twenty thirty right now, I tell you, right now. We went to Poland, like tell them about the Poland No, I don't know what that was. Poland ship, you said, Poland castle, the hotel did you say? Whatever you want? So we went to Poland.
Speaker 13: We went to Warsaw, Warsaw, I don't know, Germany, Poland, Switzerland or like all that ship.
Speaker 15: When we when we got the Poland And ship, we pulled up at the fucking hotel right obviously supposed.
Speaker 2: To be a room for me, in room for him. They was like, yo, what we don't have a room for.
Speaker 5: You right now.
Speaker 2: They all booked out. We're gonna put a in here and we're gonna take you down the block to another joint. No problem. It was like a castle thover the gate.
Speaker 3: They put me in a castle, man, they put him in the castle horn the castle by myself.
Speaker 2: That's what it did. Long long story show.
Speaker 3: I would think it was, I said, horner, because I'm not on. Even more fucking it ain't. No, there's no made, yo.
Speaker 2: They said there was no on.
Speaker 13: They said there was no rooms, but there was nobody at the desk working, like nobody.
Speaker 2: It was just through this ship, but we didn't. I didn't know that. I went to my ship. He did the show.
Speaker 13: After the show back then, I don't know what year it was, but I got an email from a for after the show. He was like, Yo, fuck that, I got an extra room on.
Speaker 2: My joint this ship. Crazy could be in the house. I did the same ship. He was like, Yo. So as I'm reading the email, I get a knock on the fucking door and it's fucking hey. He was like, Yo, come with me to my ship. Shit crazy right now? Can we get over there? It's a whole nother room. Every room is unoccupied. It was just weird ship a castle as a promoter. What the is going on now? He was out the next day. Yeah, it was something.
Speaker 13: I don't know what it was anyway, that's how far. But it was like two thousand and thirteen, twenty twelve. You got that thousand twelve. That's when we saw the rocket.
Speaker 3: They see who got the best ways in the game is going now? I don't know. I don't know who ship.
Speaker 2: I think you was to be cheating because you was Dominican.
Speaker 3: I know you got you got training this ship no matter what. I got to train him because when we first seen you, I ain't gonna lie. Everybody was sea sick over your ship. Ever, Yeah, coming through that, that was avera man, that was the average. Take him this with him, take it this way. I'm gonna take it back this way.
Speaker 2: Okay. So how did you keep it?
Speaker 3: That's how you keep your shit together? You brought Yeah, they say a hundred times a day. I didn't count.
Speaker 13: You know, count y'all telling my more money, more murder though. You was like you told about some ship. You told me about me.
Speaker 2: I was like, you saw ghost nothing again, you got do more questions for a while. Yes, so say what you said he said when they made more money, more murder, he told me.
Speaker 13: He was like, yo, it was like we on we's on another vibe, like we've seen ghosts and spirits and shipp.
Speaker 2: I said, probably for me.
Speaker 3: When I do right, I go into my zone and I you know, for my homies that passed, that's what comes to my mom and I do shot anything down, that's that's my energy, my vibe, my vib a' you pus my vib from then anything I do it it's fun, you know. I for the homies is not here, you know, what I mean. And they're my motivation honestly, because let's you know, be clear.
Speaker 4: I know we're jumping around, but East New York at one point was the murder capital of the world, you know what I mean. So I imagine you grew up with a lot of people that you not there that so is that something that like? Because that's crazy like and.
Speaker 2: It's you shell shock.
Speaker 3: Right, it happens at fifteen, you know when the home mee down live right next door, get his face blowing. And we're young, we little boy, we're still in junior high school. Right, you figure out damn tragedy somebody I didn't a week later, the next home a week later, the one down the blot and it's just.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's how Life's the Bitch came about anyway, you know what I mean from that.
Speaker 2: Right, because life's a bitch. And then you're done, you die.
Speaker 3: Let's get to it before we before we go home after mindset, right, get to it. Let's live for the people that's not here, people.
Speaker 2: Have never made it. Let's let's enjoy it. You enjoying it, you know, got to enjoy we God, we got to I mean, I got a rhyme where I say.
Speaker 3: The teacher said I wasn't good off words, Well, bitch, I got rich off words.
Speaker 2: We so especial education. Got love for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, but hey, man, I'm gonna be honest with you. Man, you're one of the You're one.
Speaker 2: Of those guys.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, seriously, you're one of those guys when people speak about hip hops, your name is there. Uh, you're one of the heavy hitters. You're one of the people that are the lyrical greats. Yeah, lyrical greats.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing, right, I've been through a lot of labels, but I never was dropped. That's a big thing, right, I just was for some reason through the most high They probably realized they wasn't doing the right thing. And when I asked for my walk on papers, I got it. I kept it moving. And you know, I don't I don't blame no circumstances right on nothing, because I'm still grinding. I'm still here, right and it's a beautiful thing, and that's my drive. Just stay focused, stay grinded, you know what I mean. Any blame, I blame myself or anything, but the Johnny is a beautiful one when traded for none in the world. So this is a rumor, right, Foxy Brown coming out with Lola up Brook?
Speaker 2: Is this some Brooklyn ship you're coming out too.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I know about it.
Speaker 3: It might happen, you know, that'd be a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen far yo. Man, you said you went to the cribb Still.
Speaker 3: That got weird when he said when that stage, you're gonna stop the press, you know.
Speaker 2: I man, Yeah, I've been waiting to see. Yeah, Fox come every wanted on drink chair. That would be great.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: I'm so much not selfish when it comes to Fox that.
Speaker 2: I just want to have her the best look possible. If she got to go on Gail King because I know I just said Oprah special ship, but we want the best, man.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: You gotta love for Fox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man, she's she's she got come come on, I tell her, come on, man, go Fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah for this new album to but this new album once again many buck while he produced the whole joint.
Speaker 3: I'm excited because you know me putting door dot too and got a lot of love, you know what I mean. So my goals is always trying to top the last album I did and I think I did it.
Speaker 2: You know, different vibes close different. You know what we do is hip hops. Who's the features on here?
Speaker 3: I got I got found march on one, I got Fat Joe on the joint.
Speaker 2: Let's let's pull up that drop and I got.
Speaker 3: I got more moved fresh on it female m move fresh, she gets busy. Yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Got, you got, you got the I pads? Are we a little unprofessional age? You know you made us drink? You know what I mean? Everybody, we always hold on the start a Fat Joe because.
Speaker 3: We we started to a couple of people to make sure you get some love. You ain't come here in eight years, so we want to make sure this is well worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can't believe you originated and ship No, not quite. You said it not. Why we can't We can't take that on. You can't. I want app in them and and Combat Jack and iced Tea, and.
Speaker 5: He was doing internet radio that was like the precursor of the podcast head short.
Speaker 16: Add great, one of the greatest, doing one of the blue pricks all.
Speaker 6: Of US rappers done in his life.
Speaker 16: You know, it's a part of that legendary and you know that's who faded album, never Dave and everything else.
Speaker 6: You get himself.
Speaker 3: He see.
Speaker 6: You deserve all your clows, my brother.
Speaker 17: Yeah, David bad congratulations, get onto your champs during the ufing family.
Speaker 6: I love Y'ALLU da better. God appreciate you for still, But lessons with the hits.
Speaker 2: Easy for me, right right?
Speaker 7: What else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, alright, we got more, We got more, We got more. We're gonna We're gonna there. Okay, come on, excise us the Conway let's do call. Yes, yeah, Conway salute, Salute salute.
Speaker 2: We're playing right in. Yeah, yeah, I'll get the far audio treatment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Rod's computer don't work like that.
Speaker 2: Mm hm mm hm. That's well that's real.
Speaker 6: You gotta come up more, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because man, it really it really it really it really, I really.
Speaker 4: Like you know, we waited this long and at the end of the day, I know that you know, you know you're busy, We're busy. But the thing about it, I wanted you to know how much appreciated you are in this world and this life and this thing that we do, because in case you didn't know, I wanted to make sure you he rated that because you know what I mean, like this is just legendary man, like you did, what you being been a part of and what you represent represent is absolutely love.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 16: God.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, lou k yes uh ting d.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah that you never do them coming out with the y'all. Man, I got so much to say about ez.
Speaker 2: Other fucking man we're talking.
Speaker 6: Nas license bitch that that verse.
Speaker 10: It's just it's just everything, man. You know, I want to get the acs flowers.
Speaker 6: You know, it's one of those guys, my brothers, guys that I looked at as.
Speaker 10: Definitely inspiration.
Speaker 6: You know, the first time I heard my voice rapping, I felt.
Speaker 3: Like I set my voice side like a that's crazy, you know.
Speaker 11: Shout out to him, man, what you loved him with the battles, you know, you know you said every every every good slows everybody.
Speaker 4: Well with that doggy diamonds. Okay that that rod. Your volume is not looking good at all.
Speaker 3: You can't hear that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make it, okay, search search what is sold me too?
Speaker 10: Almost like.
Speaker 2: Don't know it? Yeah you just said that finished.
Speaker 6: I guess so now.
Speaker 10: Except for this, that was just uh see sir by the fits and that just depends on Saturday talent. He is say listen to link the movies fo.
Speaker 9: Paion and I just you know, there's that moment where you you know, nas special because you've hurted them all live to walk to people heard him.
Speaker 10: All about it.
Speaker 6: Has easy. I was not familiar with at all.
Speaker 10: So when I heard it was heard, I mean I was blown.
Speaker 2: Away because you know, at good time, I always felt that I knew all that sees.
Speaker 10: I thought I knew everyone that I had never heard of the thing. But the second I heard him wrong, I just knew that beside or see with in my whole life I wanted to work with. Not only did dramatic.
Speaker 3: Last success took you like so you know, that's well, it's culture.
Speaker 10: Very happy that you're having a station.
Speaker 6: Very happy.
Speaker 10: You know, it's a great bread and sits down, Get drink chance and tell people about.
Speaker 9: Who you walk because I don't think you're very had a lot of opportunities.
Speaker 6: So that's well, give me a flowers Michael Class.
Speaker 2: Indeed, yes, sirree what to do your.
Speaker 6: Girl?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, for you, I really want to do I really want to because you know you've been trying to do this for so long, and I really wanted I just want no miscommunication.
Speaker 2: I want all out.
Speaker 3: I wanted the people to know that it's not us, never, it's not just us, it's the.
Speaker 2: World who got love as well.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to motherfucking capture that man, that's real.
Speaker 2: But by the time the episode come out, I got a couple more.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wanted, you know what I mean, go all out because you.
Speaker 4: Really deserve, you know, all the flowers, you really deserve, the love, you really.
Speaker 6: Deserve all this.
Speaker 2: And I know you're a smooth guy.
Speaker 4: And probably don't accept that the love that you you deserve and you get.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to be humble for you. I want to be talking for you. You know what? That was classic? That's classic.
Speaker 3: Holy that's the.
Speaker 4: Fat diamonds are here all right now? Now, now this is one where the'se got diamonds these all right? Hold on common thing. I want diamonds and snowballs.
Speaker 2: Oh you got hold on all right? Put it together, speat it together. Then give me the diamonds and the snowballs. Yeah, are you ready for quick timmers song?
Speaker 3: Guys would be laid out on the floor, all right, let's talk about give me yours.
Speaker 2: I heard give me yours. It was like hearing.
Speaker 4: Nas mimic almost Teddy picnographs, and I wanted because I heard give me yours, I bitch your style. So I asked Nas to run us to sing on music make these stuff.
Speaker 3: Because I heard them on that. So what was this session like when y'all did give me yours? Me and Pete vocavit? He did rather unique, So then we wash. He said he had more. So you know, Nas used to come to the studio with me. Uh the fact that you know allmatic diad with the day he was on tour, I was working on my so he always came for support. And then Pete put that on and I guess NAS had I guess one of them life to bitch moment, Like he just started singing that shit and I was like, yo, what is that? I was like, and he did that and it felt like like bitch because I kind of had that same flow on there. And he did the hook this time, and I went in and and did the one too. That's a classic too, or door die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna stop labeling just summer classic.
Speaker 2: Most of your ship is classic. That's real, that's real. Who were your inspirations growing up?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: How did how did you formulate your style?
Speaker 10: Had?
Speaker 2: You know, everybody has different MC the.
Speaker 3: Facts of course, Rob him was everybody. Well, I guess those that came out of my error. We all idolized rock because he came through and he switched the style up and he bought some smooth. But it was Rob king g rap.
Speaker 2: You know, slick Rick, kr r Rest, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: To meet them are the greats. That's my soundtrack.
Speaker 2: I think g rap was your favorite though, right? All three g out the top three.
Speaker 3: G rap Well no, but they all to me, they all bought something different to the table. You don't mean I had to know the self.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: G had the world play, came had that fly ship to me, you know what I'm saying. And slick Rick had the storytelling and the Cara re sport, you know what I mean, that other vibe you know. And even I throw Ellen Chunky up in there too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, l smooth shit.
Speaker 3: Frinda got a big old butt. That album was crazy. Black Fanther was a crazy album. Yeah, in Public Enemy, Yeah, incredible. Let's talk about God. Some problems. Yeah, yeah, I had some problems then who bars chick at the bars? But I think I got off the last label that I was on at that time, because I was on a couple of labels I was I was on and the version that I fuck with, Yeah, that's what Janet Jackson was was doing there right because they that was like the parent company to em out. So when they folded, then you know what I mean. Then I went to yab Young believe it or not, that was with a lecture for a minute. It was a quick minute. Nobody never knew because it was like, yeah, Young, that was Tracy Edmonds baby babyface, white baby baby face over there for a minute.
Speaker 2: That folded.
Speaker 3: So then then I was like, all right, what the fuck, man, I gotta do something. So I put that soul Side was on that soul Side joint. But then when I put it out, put that CD out, Motown heard it Motown? You fuck with Motown for a minute, and was you like the only rapper on Motown at that time? Ship That's where I fuck up something and I think, but then I don't bite.
Speaker 2: My thing is like a gamble, like I want to.
Speaker 3: Be the nucleus where you know if you're on a label, I'm the only artist you'll saw all that love, and then from there I can open up doors for other artists to come. That's my mindset for with my all the legals that fuck with. It's kind of where why do you think about it Motown? But because I know if it worked there, then that could open the floodgates for other artists and then they can know that, you know, the hip hop worked there.
Speaker 2: But that's when neo soul hit at the time.
Speaker 3: Same time I was fucking Motown, they put out you know, Ragaba Duo and the other I forgot a name, but anyway in the dir and I was there and and it's like, all right, let's give it another shot. And I did the other album. They had the album and then that didn't work. So that's when I was like, I keep it moving, Yeah, kept it moving.
Speaker 2: So so to say more or less, I was more or less like.
Speaker 3: It's like a thinka the streets, but ain't got no family, right, He's moving around trying to figure it out a pose with somebody got a mother fuck. Because a lot of the artists signed one label, they rocked through the contractors up. If you think about it or to their transition something else. But it invades them, you know what I mean. So keep it moving, To keep it moving and keep it going was a great thing for me, right because the avenue from the man hanging on time for the ship.
Speaker 2: Fuck it, you know, do whatever.
Speaker 13: But yeah, I kept it going though, But he kept but he kept the newest car every time he pulls up to the crib.
Speaker 15: Didn't matter, didn't matter the fact you can walk got clean too, independent or major. He pulled up in the newest the car from the next year.
Speaker 2: Now you got a joint with Ross on his joint Bocharon like fly.
Speaker 3: That was nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yo, it's a beautiful thing. Walls get busy.
Speaker 3: It was good man, So how did this happen? I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I don't even know either either.
Speaker 3: Oh oh well, I actually get on one of my joint, but the door died too never enough, and then he's like, you know, and then for that hop on his joint.
Speaker 2: So in fact, Joe also told me he just did a record with you as well.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me about that.
Speaker 3: Beautiful I mean with Joe, I mean jos jose Ah class Sack himself and he was doing a sneaker thing and I saw him. He gave me one of the sneakers they put out. And ironically, a couple of days after that, he was at the party. You know what I mean, he said, right, there were robbing Hawks wapping the album up. I'm like, keep running the joke, my fucking classics, and hits him, Hold, let's do something, you know what I mean? And Uh, that's the next thing. We're gonna put that out now, this new album. Yeah, it's crazy. Truth be told, Truth be told?
Speaker 2: Why'd your name me? Truth be told?
Speaker 3: It's my truth, right, I'm just speaking my truth on on these songs. It's a truth in there, you know what I mean. And one of the songs that really I took the title phone was called one of the I'm one of the greats. And when you hear that song, you'll see why I say truth, because, well, tell us, man, tell us, not just speak up. I never I never spoke about me transitioning into the hip hop and what I've been through and where I'm at now.
Speaker 2: So that particular song tell you how I got in the.
Speaker 3: Game before hip hop before, right, Well, it kind of sums.
Speaker 2: Up you know it's a three minute song, can't you know what I mean? Something up from me?
Speaker 3: How I got on what my mom said was what I've seen and while I'm here now, So it's a fly fly song.
Speaker 2: You ever think hip hop get this far?
Speaker 5: Never?
Speaker 2: Ever? Ever?
Speaker 3: I was mad as hell when you see this fucking when it was fucking up, I was like, oh many up, it's gold mine up.
Speaker 2: But you know that's what happens.
Speaker 5: And when you took that break, did you ever in that point of that break say I don't want to go back to this, back to back, back to the music, back to the music.
Speaker 3: No, no, never.
Speaker 5: I mean, was it literally that you wanted to sit back and watch and then pick the right time to come back.
Speaker 2: You can't pick the time.
Speaker 3: This ship switching like the sound the sonics changed.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't want to come back now.
Speaker 3: But if South got it, they got the Atlanta got it, if Midwest got it, you gotta wait.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's not rated on controlling, so sonically.
Speaker 3: That's why I can jump back and I gotta be like this, I gotta wait to bust my gun, right.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of us.
Speaker 3: Doing it like you gotta wait to Saint the season, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So yeah, now you monetize your fan base. You don't have to worry about.
Speaker 2: The radio doing that for you. You can control that.
Speaker 3: With technology, you know, media, and what you're doing is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Who's somebody you don't want to work with that you did work with yet?
Speaker 3: I didn't think about that yet.
Speaker 2: I woke with a lot of cats.
Speaker 3: But I'm trying to think who.
Speaker 5: Well put it like this, who from the older generation that you haven't worked that you want to and someone from the nude from now?
Speaker 2: Like right now, it's pop. That's good.
Speaker 3: Well, of course I never did that with one of my idels. Well I did with Givat, but of course more the idols. I would love to anyone, anyone you can pick it, do a name and a hat. Now, you know, I like I like you know j Cole, little baby, I like you and crazy, you know what I mean? Yeah, that's it. I mean, I'm sure it's more, but on the spot, of course. But Jake, I'm talking get my ship right, you know, I really braying. I'm trying to get get the wind back under my feet.
Speaker 4: The one thing about you and I, particularly if you're both from the ghetto, you're both from the hood, but you have no big words.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, I'm going to like the loss of the realism. I said, what the fuck went to school nineties A lot.
Speaker 3: Of yo hip hop school, Like that's the teacher, right, the hip hop school that's all man listening and teach you everything. And you want to know, just listen to hip hop and they tell you everything everything.
Speaker 5: Because when I told people, even some of the mcs that didn't know what they were saying, they were going to encyclopedias and say words that rhymes.
Speaker 2: The fan was like, I gotta look that word up, like we were all that way, but just a big word. Yeah, I'm not you get away from that.
Speaker 5: And no.
Speaker 3: So I was like, damn, these niggas went to school like I likes the bitch. I was like, wait a minute, yeah, big words.
Speaker 2: When y'all was battling you and your man both, y'all skipped all the big words. Was like, keeping it real, petty still for the big words. Yea, he take another, Yo, you ain't just the second drink? We do? They know they keep feeling up for him. No, he've been drinking the second one. He's been drinking.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to praise you a because you you you deserve it. Man, do you know how important you are to hip hop? And I said something like that because because I'm right here right and everybody can.
Speaker 2: Beach out, we don't say that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it though, when you I'm here and people do that. But you know, people need to beat something often. That's why I go to the fox. That's why I beat child. You know what I mean, because we hear now, I don't want to you don't want to hear that one after the fact, right, So I appreciate when you showed me that the shout beautiful or keeps going, that's beautiful, just keep going. I'm just that's just the videos that that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's here now.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to show you, tell you and relate to you how special you are. There's nobody that you know. Everybody that I hit, they just send the video immediately.
Speaker 2: What the reason why?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Let's just say that right, because I got the way.
Speaker 3: You know, let everybody have their own character visions, do them, you know what I mean? Nobody hold it and down right, I just stay out the way and my goal is just to get to it like I was, and not capitalize on on getting to it. I wouldn't say the wrong way, but just you know, I still live about certain molds and principles and mobiles.
Speaker 2: So I'm out the way.
Speaker 3: So anybody hate on me or say anything fucked up.
Speaker 2: Nobody hate. He said, why you know what man like? And I respect everybody that that that shouted with them just as much. Yeah, and you know, the older you get you more Thanminican. You look Dominican.
Speaker 5: My moms just black because because Sonny Sonny, he said that the Z is.
Speaker 2: So he claiming you as a Haitian. Wow, up, I'm talking.
Speaker 6: I used to be instead of.
Speaker 3: Z.
Speaker 2: That was a good one. But let's keep it on the Dominican, right, because so you're dominic. It's a two part question.
Speaker 3: Right, Because we found out she's Dominican.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 4: Then we always knew he was dominic guests, but then we also your government name is Anthony Cruz. That's crazy, A Anthony Z.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Is that how you came up with That's that's not how. But it makes sense.
Speaker 3: That's some crazy. That's Z on cruise as it makes sense the beginning and end.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so that's not how you came up with the name.
Speaker 3: Now, one of one of the one of the young guys in Brownsville. He was born to the nation, and I guess he was going from hoods to hoods you know everybody in Brooklyn on probably outside of Brooklyn. Now we talking about when he was young, and he was he was speaking in that language, you know what I mean, and and and and it kind of attracted me writing somebody talking big words like you said. And he was my age, probably years so older. And Me's like, yo, man, world, you know you're gone, right, this is what are you talking about? This ain't no mister v God you the original man asiadic man. So you the asiad actually a don't begin No. I was like, Yo, that's ship great, I'm gone gone, I'm gone, just man with it. But but then that makes sense, that makes sense as well. There wasn't another and yeah, okay style, yes, so I've had an as a couple of times. But as as as the game going on, I understand what was going on.
Speaker 2: You know, he was in the game. He uh it was my mopstyle. I know his name was as I've been from day one.
Speaker 3: So I guess you saw a land of capitalized, which which was cool right in hindsight, speaks to him a gangster littill be cool.
Speaker 2: But I would, I would.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I told him I want to be somebody I wouldn't have been. You don't disrespect because it was it was thre y'all. You know, I like getting fly and fucking bitches and things for that nature. I wouldn't necessarily been him, but I understand what was going on. You know, I don't disrespect him, but I understood what's going on at the time. You know what I mean, I'm green, I'm in the game. Onal what's going on. You know when you when you're coming in the game. You got the Lions there and they gonna, they're gonna, they're gonna buy it, right, is what it is.
Speaker 2: But it's good money.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: We good now, We're good. Everybody good like we're all were good. Everybody everybody good now, God damn.
Speaker 2: So sorry, Sonny, he's not. I mean, he's Jason Dominican Republic right there.
Speaker 3: It's so about that Affirmative Action session that was crazy. I talked about the four Devils. I think I was your five percent ship for real.
Speaker 2: I think I was a goal to God for the intro. That's what I think at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Day, right, because I was always talking on into about figuring it out.
Speaker 2: Out you get in here, my mom. Think about it now, I'm like, I'm talking all these albums or so, who did that beat? I forgot back?
Speaker 3: Masters? Did that track?
Speaker 2: Us? Did that be? Was it dude GOUDI?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: You remember.
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know that is consisted of a slut of people. Yeah, but yeah, they did that and I guess that probably wasn't Now I'm laughing thinking about it turned out good.
Speaker 2: So how did this where yell acted?
Speaker 3: We were we were recorded that and Hit Factory or it wasn't you know?
Speaker 2: We did the frombum in Miami, Yes here and in l A too late, the Ladder a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of law but from the accident was on his album. Second album was So it was in a Hit factory and we always had rooms we had we had and I was always working in one room. I'm working in one room from a track master and they're working in one.
Speaker 2: Room and we were just bouncing.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 2: The world people don't know that.
Speaker 3: No, but anyway, so we bost the the world don't know, but yeah, bouncing and then I guess now's in las It was me, and then it was this god man, this god nice guy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, don't.
Speaker 3: I think I did Lady Rose for I laid Miles verse and then the Mega did his and then oh my god, foxing.
Speaker 5: We're talking affirmative action right that boxing went crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Boxing went crazy. And when people say she don't may own ship, she wrote that ship.
Speaker 2: Over that, No, you know, write that. This is when I knew I wasn't built for mathematics.
Speaker 7: She went on.
Speaker 18: She two quarters of key, swimming away trying. You were like, what school did she go to? You think everybody went to a different school. And she did that live in front of y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know back then we can't send verses, Yeah, said no, you gotta be in the studio.
Speaker 2: Wow. Back then on the versus, everybody was in the studio. Wow. Changed the motherfucking game. Then you said, she wrote it completely herself, completely fast. So do you know, Lulu Kim?
Speaker 3: Of course, where was you at when you kind of like see Nate turnmoy with the two Brooklyn girls going against each other.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 3: It's sad because if they got together, it'd have.
Speaker 2: Been that would have been the craziest ship, the cover of the guy. They could have done that and it could have been a powerhouse.
Speaker 3: It would have been.
Speaker 2: It had been a problem, but it happens. It happens. Yeah, you like that.
Speaker 4: God Gumble was serious, man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, damn man, Hey man, you're really one of those guys.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I really wanted to We all wanted to give you everybody from Drink Champs. You know what I mean, I want to give your flowers, man, because.
Speaker 5: From day one, From day one, it's underestimated that how much we were trying to get you. From the first year we started Drink Champs. Well we got rumors that you said, no, I don't really don't want to do Drink Champs.
Speaker 2: But I didn't want to do no podcast because it was like.
Speaker 3: It just be too much talking. God's like, yo, you know you got some people that like to be in the front and and and they lot of fame, right.
Speaker 2: I really didn't beat for the fame. I want the money, right, I do right.
Speaker 3: And my thing, my thing is my thing is it's just like someone can get a lot of notoriety by being out there. I've learned from the old school, like rodding. They was more laid back, and it bought more mistique. Yeah, kind of that mistake is over though, it is over. No, no, no, no, don't don't. It's not complete. I can't jump out the window. I don't know what he's talking about. I can't jump out the window. But it's over.
Speaker 2: He's right. It's like a lot of shit is over in the streets. This is over. But you you don't have to be all the way out there. It doesn't it doesn't have to be Oh no, I remember, not gonna do that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But what I'm what I'm saying is in this new generation, like you are absolutely right, like we're not heard of, n w A.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what Compton was. I didn't even kind of when I heard the shot in like, I didn't know cha. Now it took me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's because the information didn't travel that fast no Internet.
Speaker 2: No, but I would say that, don't don't get in twisted.
Speaker 5: I think that especially for the older generation, still does it's still being creative.
Speaker 2: You can't try to compete with the young guys that are.
Speaker 5: On social media twenty four to seven, because that's.
Speaker 2: Not your lane and your fans. Now you understanding your fight, Your fans are still there. They still there.
Speaker 5: They just didn't you wasn't putting something now or they couldn't didn't know where to find you. Now you're finding your fans again, and they want you to be you. They don't want you to be this young guy. They want you to be you, and they and they respect you for being you.
Speaker 2: And if you jump out the window and do some other ship you might lose even that.
Speaker 3: Fuck yourself up.
Speaker 4: Right, But I mean to me again, being the outside looking in, I never felt like you stepped outside of your zone.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hasnt been the opportunity whe people approach you to step outside his own.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that man.
Speaker 5: But like through reality or some shit, yeah, fast love it. I could not see you on reality.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: Like fret love head. Yeah, exfinitely I can't do it. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's why I fall back more because I say the lot like when I sit back watching it, like watching the stair because I be I see the besrip like it's going on.
Speaker 2: You know, we can play that back in the days.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna happen.
Speaker 5: And how far away from the music is that it's over here? Ain't about music and now the culture and the music and this is what's going on here.
Speaker 3: Right So now that's why I was like, okay, like he said, I can't that that it is over to an extent. So I'm here, you know, I gotta I gotta make my presence spell to an extent. I'm not never jumping out the window. That's never happened, right right, and we respect that seeks the lewis for us.
Speaker 10: Oh g.
Speaker 3: O G man, hey man, your class sack brother, thank you man once again, an old man. I appreciate you having me on this platform because because you know, like you said, the world don't know.
Speaker 2: You always over the door for me.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, now now, so you can be like you know what not now keep the mother fucking clothes now you no, no, no, you can.
Speaker 2: You know he can. He's a good man now. But you know it's some left back, you know, y'all. I appreciate the transition.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you that you are a pillar in this community. You are a legend, you are icon, you are one of the people, the reason why all of us is here. But everyone is excited here, people who don't come to drink champs. When I said that, we had as everyone is saying, Yo, man, let's go give him his flowers the correct way, wrop a way, the right way, because.
Speaker 2: You deserve it. You deserve thank y'all, Thank y'all.
Speaker 5: When you get mad at us and they would be like you're we would say, nah, it's an open door for him. Whenever Asy is ready, like we got to respect, like, whenever he's ready to come on from here.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm glad I made it. Man, Yes, yes, beautiful thing. So let's talk about oh on how you living? Oh l AS classic. I still performed that to this day. It's crazy secret we put that on. It's crazy yeah, that's that was the l S classic. That was on the Piece of a Man album. That was us just on our ship.
Speaker 2: We was it our bag at that time.
Speaker 19: We could only play that in certain certain cities and ship like when we performed every city, no right, like certain joints we could play that like might like game.
Speaker 2: Foul a't like nothing, it's something.
Speaker 3: Listen, man joy everybody enjoyed theself.
Speaker 13: Okay, No, it's just certain certain certain cities, like when we was in Richmond, Virginia, you know what I mean, Like certain cities that follow the mixtapes.
Speaker 2: That was a mixtape joint.
Speaker 5: You feel that the states from all receptive or overseas to to those joints, both.
Speaker 13: Both when they come to that both but for certain songs though, like how you living? We we we know when to pull that out, Like we know when to pull that joint out, you know, on the set, put it on the set.
Speaker 5: How do you know by the by the aesthetic of the crowd or what's being.
Speaker 13: Yeah, as soon as I walk in, and I know, like because I come out before him, So I.
Speaker 2: Really know by looking at you play for him? No, I mean I play a little set right before he comes home.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, So what do you do you like? I do a little quick mix, like just to fill out play. I actually played t O N why like damn you should a little two two three bars go into I four and nine broken language, Lucini.
Speaker 2: Matter what you're doing man, A little broke.
Speaker 13: Do that.
Speaker 2: Go into my right come out.
Speaker 10: And just.
Speaker 2: If there's anything you.
Speaker 3: Could do over nothing, nothing, Every lesson is a blessing.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm in a good space man, and it's really a mental space and just I'm in a good space.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I understand it all. I see it for what it's worth, the good, bad and ugly. Like I get it. I get it, you know what I mean? And I know how to move and it's and it's you know, it's just a great thing. I just want to I can I bottle it and sell it because you gotta have a maneuver. You gotta move maneuver a certain way, man, and you gotta know when when when when the how they say hold them, when to fold them. Gotta know it.
Speaker 2: You gotta feel it, not just a thought. It's it feels like a vibe. You get it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like that vibe saved my life a lot of times. There's so many ways, like even a vibe on me when it gave my first contract and like yo, heavy, it was time to give you this money.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait what it says one hundreds in publishing.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm not doing that. It's a vibe.
Speaker 2: I don't know what publishing. I was just being asked sole you just didn't like one hundred percent of anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know I'm publishing. It's a vibe, right, So it's what's.
Speaker 2: A bottle reading the drink Champs contract earlier. It took like five ten minutes for that ship. I'm like, I'm your brother, You're good, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nonred percent.
Speaker 2: Motherfucking this is perportuity that you always know me. Perportunity that means life, life time.
Speaker 3: You never.
Speaker 2: You still make money off the motherfucker. That's a lot of questions if we asked, oh geez, it's all the masters back.
Speaker 3: Not even cent of my master. I'm in the box of main for the last two. I get them loves in the and then people be like, what you want your masters for?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Just makes sense when your licensing and me doing it, you know what I mean? When it's just ownership is everything, you know, it's everything with technology and things changing.
Speaker 2: You want to own it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm on the last two.
Speaker 2: That's two more to go, two more to go, and everything. Give it to the kids.
Speaker 3: Given to the kids. They don't They're gonna suck it up anywhere we leave it to the kids. Fuck yeah, kid, you don't.
Speaker 2: That's the point. They're they're gonna suck it up. That's that's a luxury, right Yeah, yeah, yeah, Man, this is been so fucking fucking fantastic. Man, do what Man? How did did we speak about? How did y'all? Yeah? You just called me one day, like twenty twelve, you just called me. He was like, are you ready?
Speaker 13: Because I know him since ninety five and ninety five, I know drunk. He called me, called me, he called me d O.
Speaker 2: Was a connection, d O Damien. He's a connection.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's not underestimate how legendary Duop is. The era, the era of mixtape DJs that comes from him and his his caliber of of mixtape DJ and just DJ in general. Like the era the mixtape DJ was controlling everything because commercial radio at least across the nation wasn't doing it. Like all the labels had to adhere to the mixtape DJs and they were given him and me.
Speaker 2: I was in Miami doing it, but he was. He was the one I was looking up to.
Speaker 5: They were giving us unprecedented access to artists, to music because they needed us.
Speaker 2: That was the first bootleggers. No, man, I don't think. I was like, you know what, but you know what they're like, like, I'm gonna give you an example.
Speaker 13: The album Charis worked for Sony right right, Columbia whatever.
Speaker 2: It was, no hold on, hold on. She would call me.
Speaker 13: She called me one day and was like, I'm gonna give you Street Dreams NASR.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give Flex rule the world because that's the that's what they were doing. They were doing that ship something. They're the ones doing the bootlegging. I didn't rely I didn't rely on that on that. I'm gonna tell you you know.
Speaker 5: This is why I have offense to the bootlegging team, because mixtapes is a huge part of the culture, absolutely, and this is the part where where we're getting all of us by the industry, the mainstream industry, they don't give a funk about hip hop.
Speaker 2: Those A and rs and those.
Speaker 5: Marketing come those marketing executives were like, we need these mixtape guys.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give them these exclusives, these leaks. We're gonna lead.
Speaker 5: Them, and then they would leak the records to us, and then we would get ceased and desist and get sued lawyers trying to funk us up. Same mother label man out of here with that ship. You know what, I'm sorry you got those seasons. This is too absolutely I know you did.
Speaker 2: But that's why I kind of didn't rely on exclusives. I did that. I had rappers coming to the studio to do like exclusives for me, and we had all well the only thing is we were doing it over other people's beats, so that yeah, but that was later on that.
Speaker 3: But is this form of true that as from paid and for whatever sues you or tried to sue you. He probably did, I don't know. It wasn't me, but probably record label. I don't know. I'm sure if he did, an't get much.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You're gonna be honest, but he said that of it.
Speaker 3: He tried, He tried.
Speaker 2: They don't have no relationship relationship. I mean he spoke about, Yeah, I'm seeing them. We dialogue. I mean, sue me.
Speaker 3: Your mom. I'm sure whatever you got good Man for. I mean, you know, it's it's a system, you know what I mean. If you found the loophole and it enjoy But as I said before, I would never you said and you said earlier, like you said that that name wasn't come. It don't even make sense. But if it's loophole and you see loophole, I can fall in here like oh I'm yeah a loophole.
Speaker 2: I ain't hurt myself loophole. But it was cool.
Speaker 3: I mean it's oh ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like suing the insurance company.
Speaker 3: Soe me, you're gonna smoke nothing.
Speaker 2: You don't even I don't even dream like that, but drink. So you got sam.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: He's a class act. Man, Thank you, man, thank you for having me.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Nah, man, you you deserve everything. Man, Yes, we still got two hours.
Speaker 3: I want to eat.
Speaker 13: I'm going, I'm going I'll be watching this on YouTube. It should be like three hours and thirty four minutes.
Speaker 3: Entertaining a half entertainment.
Speaker 2: He's like, half good, let's go. No, man's good work. I understand. We did a good run.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 2: Please want to give you a flowers.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Man. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm out the albums out right. You said, what album out?
Speaker 3: Album out now December first, But either way album out, truth be told, but wild shout out hip hop.
Speaker 2: That is finest.
Speaker 3: I feel great, man, I'm in the dug we hit the album. I'm in my best shape ever. Oh man, so good man.
Speaker 2: So what's next after this? You can tour the album? Hopefully I tour.
Speaker 3: If not, I'll work on another album, movie. I'm just trying to do everything.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: I should go visit that haunted mansion, y'all was.
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and doing reality show We're us. Can we talk about the Flyers yet? Flies Gangs? We talked about that that was out there. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: That was on Still Matter, correct, that's when it that's when when when Esco was going through what he was going through. But it was it was a good look because we always we always made classics. And that's that. I performed that at the shows. That's that's a that's a good song, and that's all the shows.
Speaker 2: That's a big joint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of them classes right there, Man, Flies Gangsters, How did that happen?
Speaker 2: Where's your studio?
Speaker 3: Where? What's that? I don't know if that was a hit factory or had to be the hit again or Sony had a studio Sony Street, Yeah, that's where it was. Sony and once again, that's l E s again L had classics. We were there in the studio like at that time. You know it's a time like you said analog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I'm this is the last question. God come down, but I haven't.
Speaker 3: But he says, A you got one chance to save your life, make one record. Who's the producer you're picking to make that one record? Save you your life?
Speaker 2: Everyone?
Speaker 4: The one producer you saving your life to save the life of humanity. Do you want to take a shot? You wanted to take a shot.
Speaker 2: A little.
Speaker 3: I got a shot.
Speaker 2: Let's take a shot. Who would I do one record to save humanity?
Speaker 3: The producer?
Speaker 10: Yes? And you.
Speaker 3: Berry Gordy man Berry, Gordy Jones bad? Either one of them? Wrist bad.
Speaker 2: Look here's the hip hop see. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: The man, I use the bathroom to hold on, don't finish this and then we're gonna use the bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Then we're gonna part ways. Yes, do wop a Z. Thank you brothers both coming here being exactly who you guys are.
Speaker 4: Guys are legends, absolutely righticons. We wanted to salute that man.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Man. You show that to toy when you come back and taking pictures and take Pictures and Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production and association with Interval Presents. Hosts, an executive n o r E and dj e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 5: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e FN and n o r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e fn on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com