Speaker 1: Some boys watch sports. Some boys play sports. These two don't play. These two boys will save their pennies two by special ka because they are living in a Cereal boat reviewing Cereals.
Speaker 2: Is there goal?
Speaker 1: Scott and Andrew living in a Cereal boat critiquing some new ones and some O.
Speaker 2: Is it done?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: This one was on for a.
Speaker 3: While in Cereal. This like plays for another like twenty thirty seconds. The thing in a Cereal season happening in the Cereal balls.
Speaker 2: In the Cereal boat, live thing in the series.
Speaker 3: You're stopping now in your control of the boy, I just follow you the thing in there.
Speaker 2: I would let it go great, I'm just gonna let it play the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Well. This was Serial Killers episode thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. We gotta go because we're out of time. Like a subscribe, Hey, thanks for stopping by. It's Serial Killers and today's either I don't know, Monday or Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should really figure out.
Speaker 2: When they're gonna be released, so we could say what day today is gonna be?
Speaker 3: Well, this will be posted on a Monday. Yes, I oh, okay, so there's the Monday schedule.
Speaker 2: Is it all right? So if today's not Monday. There's gonna be a problem with who. I don't know. Hey, I'm Scotti B. That's Andrew and this is Serial Killers, the podcast where we talk about cereal.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be known as Andrew anymore.
Speaker 2: What do you want to be? I don't know Andy? Yeh no, that's the worst. You figure out your name. We'll eat some cereal. So in the last episode, here's a question. Yes, I'm sorry to cut you off. That's okay. You always do.
Speaker 3: Do you call me no? Say the way around bucko? Do you call me Andy behind my back? No?
Speaker 2: I think I only call you Andy to you, like.
Speaker 3: When you're talking to Amy, Are you like Andy?
Speaker 2: No? Because she would really know who would it? I would say Andrew?
Speaker 3: Because I found out that numerous people in my life have been referring to me as Andy behind my back four years?
Speaker 2: Behind your back? Yeah, is it a bad thing?
Speaker 3: It's just my mom and my sister like have a group chat together and they'll be like, Andy is doing this today, and I'm like, you've been calling me Andy for years.
Speaker 2: You don't like this.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm in Andy.
Speaker 2: I was going to get you that Andy Panda shirt for your birthday.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll take a shirt.
Speaker 2: I am a right, I'm sorry. I will refer to you only as Andrew.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just wondering if you're you also do the same subconsciously.
Speaker 2: I may, but it's not on purpose. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just think it's funny. It's like, you don't like being called scott but yes I do. Oh, you like being called Scott, but everyone here calls you Scottie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what drives me crazy? What when idiots that have known me for forty years spell it Scottie? Why do people do that?
Speaker 3: Cringe?
Speaker 2: Seriously? Hey, can we eat some cereal?
Speaker 3: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 2: So in the last episode, I gave you the option of the pumpkin spice or the healthy chocolate. You went pumpkin spice. Yeah, so now it's time for healthy chocolate.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what that means. No, So what this means is I went to the cereal aisle at Shoprite the other day and I went to the right of post, to the right of General Mills, and to the right of Calloggs, even to the right of Coffy. So here's what the result is. I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack. I don't know what this is. What the Freedom Cocoa Crunch, Freedom Foods, Cocoa Crunch, Tic tac toe addition, So they're x's and o's, and there's so much going on in this box. This is another one of those earthy recycle everything. We're gonna hate it, not gonna be sweet. But you know what, we have to spread the love to the entire Cereal aisle. Okay, and so we're gonna try some stuff that we normally wouldn't eat.
Speaker 3: Now, just so you know, here's a quick question. Yes, he said spread your love all over the Cereal aisle. So they have that on video.
Speaker 2: They might if you go down Aisle five and get the footage, you might see me spreading my love. So this cereal is Cocoa Crunch from Freedom Foods, honest, nutritious and free. I don't know. I paid for it. So it's not free. It's gluten free, wheat free, and nut free. And then it also says free from gluten, nuts, wheat, dairy, eggs, soy and sesame. There's nothing in here.
Speaker 3: Diamond could have had this if she wasn't saying.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, poor Diamond who else who Garrett could have been on this episode? What a shame he's not here anymore today. Oh, it's also kosher, it's ethically sourced coco. This is a dumb question. Yes, kosher means that it's like blessed by a rabbi. Right, there's lots of things with kosher. How do you make a kosher cereal? Well, because there's it's a meat and dairy thing, and then it also has to be a rabbi thing. And I'm Jewish, but I'm not a very good Jew, so I know that there are, you know, dietary restrictions in order to make things kosher. I just look for the K or the P, and I know it's kosher.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, but we'll go on.
Speaker 2: Let's go on in here. Storage requirements. Oh, they tell you how you must store this. We recommend storing our cocoa crunch in a cool, dry place to keep it fresh after opening. Store in an airtight container. So they recommend that you put it in a damn tupperware.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, this cereal if it has instructions on how I'm supposed to be saving the cereal? What are you doing to the cereal?
Speaker 2: Are you sure it's gluten free. That's what it says.
Speaker 3: Something tells me if you put one of these cocoa crunches in the ground and put dirt on it, like.
Speaker 2: Are I think a cocoa tree will grow a second ingredient, sugar. So I'm anticipating that it may have some flavor or some sweetness to it. But let's see freedom.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Now this is misleading. Look at the size of this box. Look at the bag. Oh it's so small.
Speaker 3: They're free from giving you a full box of cereal.
Speaker 2: Look it's not even it's only three quarters of the way full.
Speaker 3: Look andy, they kind of look like oreo o's with x's Yeah x.
Speaker 2: Is and oh oh's they want me? Who's saying that?
Speaker 3: L king than you, Rob Schneider's daughter. For those that don't know.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Like, it's gonna be so hard to pour because the bag is so deep in the box, You're gonna get a lot of spillage. It has a nice poor sound. I like that. All right down to the fridge here, you gonna do some fat free milk today?
Speaker 3: Love it? Lactose free? Too good?
Speaker 2: So this cup is everything free. There's nothing in here.
Speaker 3: I feel like the cereal has requests for us, like the cereal must be consumed one spoonful out of time. You must have exactly three pieces on your spoon. This is the best way to enjoy freedom crunch.
Speaker 2: I don't know. This is frightening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ready, good smell al al al al. It tastes like a fudgeticle, but like a dry fudgetable. But he's like dry my mouth. It's almost like instantly absorbing moisture in my mouth.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting cocoa flavor. Now it is very crunchy.
Speaker 3: Two bowls. That's not good. I would never ever eat that again.
Speaker 2: Like you can taste that, it's trying to be a healthy cereal. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's not even that I'm tasting that. It's supposed to be a healthy cereal. It just tastes like a dry fudgeticle, which is an issue for me.
Speaker 2: This is a rice cereal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can taste the rice.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, it's a weird shape for a rice cereal.
Speaker 3: Okay, put me out on this one.
Speaker 2: So we try the milk real quick hold on milk is not terrible.
Speaker 3: Hear me out on what the taste is a bowl of white rice from the Chinese restaurant with a melted vegeticle on top.
Speaker 2: After it's been sitting out for a bit and it's dry and a little cool. You know, it gets hard done.
Speaker 3: So if that sounds appealing to you, Freedom Foods New Cocoa Crunch, Tictactoe shapes.
Speaker 2: The milk's not bad. Well takes the milk. Let me tell you what the milk tastes like. The milk tastes like powdered Nestley quick like from the container. Yeah, I don't describe that. The milk is actually better than the cereals.
Speaker 3: Sure is again all the sounds appealing New Freedom Grind Cocoa Crunch.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's new. I mean it's probably been around for quite a bit. Uh, two bowls for me? Sorry, Freedom, you're out. Yeah this one. You've probably heard of this brand before, so it's it's kind of mainstream. General Mills has made it mainstream. My guess is this was one of those organic companies that was a startup and making a bunch of money and the cereal company is like, hmm, we need to buy this thing, and then they probably went and ruined it. But this is Annie's. You've probably seen Annie's Annie's mac and Cheese. Yeah, we have all the boxes of mac and cheese. They had to grin all the bars.
Speaker 3: There is out of control. They have lots of stuff.
Speaker 2: So Annie's homegrown organic cocoa Bunnies, cereal, oat corn and rice cereal with a new look.
Speaker 3: Annie's is going to do me right. I just know it, I hope. So.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't say General Mills anywhere on here, but I do know that they are affiliated with them in some way, and I can tell by the box top. So hmm. Oh, look, they have cinnamon rolls in the little tube that you know you're supposed to like put the spoon in the corner and he goes.
Speaker 3: But I love when you do it too. You almost have to like look away because sometimes if it opens you fast, you're like and.
Speaker 2: It hits you in the eyes. Look, that's what a cocoa bean thing looks like. You break open the cocoa pot and the little cocoa beans are in theren No. Oh, well that's that's how cocoa grows. Oh cool, all right, so let's get these Annie's coco But oh, they source fair trade coco. So good for you, Annie, saving that means that just means that it's made nicely cool. They don't hurt the earth and stuff like that. Fair trade, Oh, they're like good to the workers and they pay them a livable wage and stuff like that. Right, isn't that what that is?
Speaker 3: The guys that you're just on the wrong person. It's just you were going with it. So I'm like, maybe Scott knows. It's almost like how I asked you what makes it kosher? And you were like, yeah, you know, I'm not a good tube, but uh, you know, I look for things that say it and yeah, you know that's kosher.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna get so many tweets now you're the worst jew ever.
Speaker 3: That's your faith.
Speaker 2: You need to give your two card back practice?
Speaker 3: How you Oh how cool is that?
Speaker 2: Look at the top gently press ears to open you push the little bunnytail to close the box. I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, the milk cap on it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Annie's meat cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a couple of different varieties.
Speaker 3: Oh, instead of a seal of approval, it's a rabbit of approval. That's nice. Oh, they call me friend. I like that, dear friend.
Speaker 2: That's a nice little puzzle on the back. I like that, you know what. I'm hoping that this cereal is good because I want to, like, there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of there's a lot of things going into this, and I'm like, please, please don't be bad. You're ready, one, two, three, Hmmm. It's exactly like a cocoa puff.
Speaker 2: I like it better than the Freedom. It does not taste exactly.
Speaker 3: Like a co it does no, I like it. I give this three bowls in a spoon. I'll take it one step further. If I saw Annie's or cocoa Puffs in a box, I'd buy this, even though I like cocoa puffs better because I feel like I'd be eating something healthier.
Speaker 2: But it's probably not. I mean, sugar is the third ingredient, so that's kind of cool. I'm gonna do three balls in a spoon as well. I'm not copying you. I just agree with you.
Speaker 3: Now you're copying.
Speaker 2: It's you know what would make as much better marshmallows. This would be a sweet cereal with marshmallows. But it is what it is, so not terrible. I kind of like Annie's.
Speaker 3: I'm liking this episode because I didn't know that there were healthy chocolate cereals.
Speaker 2: Oh there's more.
Speaker 3: Oh how many? I mean there's sixteen.
Speaker 2: There's a plethora of them, but I only got three for this episode.
Speaker 3: Strap in, unbuckle your belt, and now pray to Jesus you don't get a heart attack.
Speaker 2: The way this episode came about is a friend of mine, Matt, suggested this next cereal. Okay, Okay, didn't know what existed. I had no idea because I've never seen it in the cereal aisle, because it's actually in the next aisle over, it's in the gluten free aisle. So I've never seen this cereal before. And there's a whole line of this particular cereal. So then some good listener friends of ours, Matt, a different Matt and his lovely fiance Jen, Okay, got this cereal for us. So I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack love that.
Speaker 3: It's so nice.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna on your face when I show you this cereal. It's from nature's path, it's organic and all that good stuff, and it's cocoa chimps. No, it's choco chimps. Oh, I'm sorry, you're right, my bad choco chimps. And it's weird because it's not really even a cartoon chimp. It's a real chimp.
Speaker 3: I huh.
Speaker 2: They look like coco puffs. Yeah, save chimps, see back, how okay? Saving chimps together, one breakfast at a time.
Speaker 3: If every time I eat a bowl of cereal, like they save a chimpanzee, then I feel like I'm doing my job.
Speaker 2: They've donated over three million dollars so far to help the environment.
Speaker 3: I want to open the box and all of a sudden a monkey just jumps out.
Speaker 2: That'd be the best prize inside ever. Hey guys, oh, it's.
Speaker 3: A talking monkey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you didn't say that. No, for sure, uh ingredients.
Speaker 3: Wait, let's explore the choco chimp for you a little further. Yeah, so he talks, he does. Can can you just tell me like what he thinks about this cereal? No?
Speaker 2: Because all he says is, hey, guys, that's it.
Speaker 3: So that's it.
Speaker 2: It comes out with a spoon in his little paw or hand they have hands, Yeah, comes out with a spoon in his hand.
Speaker 3: We share like ninety nine percent of our DNA with monkeys.
Speaker 2: That's true. It's kind of scary, all right, So let's check the ingredients. Whole grain corn meal, corn meal, cane sugar. See, I don't know does that mean sugar is the second or third? Because you can't say whole grain corn meal, then corn meal, then cane sugar because they're both cornmeal. I'm saying sugar is the second ingredient.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cool. Yeah, you're asking the wrong person. I just want to eat the chocoate chimps.
Speaker 2: So when I saw the Chocoate chimps box in my hand, I went to the supermarket yesterday and I checked out the cereal aisle. They also have leap and Lemurs, Gorilla munch Koala crisp, and Panda puffs.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: That's their whole line.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping this is good because I love it. It's nice, that helps the environment. I love that it's maybe a little healthy. That's great.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see. And of course here it says this product is sold by weight, not by volume. That means the bag in here is going to be small too. So let's open up the box of choco chimps. Oh wait, oh, it says stuff in here want to help chimpanzees. Look inside, Hey guys, Oh you just came out.
Speaker 3: It's made chocoate chimps.
Speaker 2: Oh there's all stuff. I dude, there's no see, there's too much in here. Look it's printed, it's printed all around the inside.
Speaker 3: Well because maybe they're expecting you to like take apart the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you kind of you have to wait till the cereal's finished, and by then you don't care about the chimps anymore.
Speaker 3: This is like a whole Listen. I didn't know about the cereal, but I feel like if you have a book report, buy Nature's Path for your kids, and then you could just literally copy and paste what's inside the cereal box.
Speaker 2: No one will ever know.
Speaker 3: They were a whole ass essay in here.
Speaker 2: Now, I tell you something. These smell really chocolate. These smell wonderful. Well you know what they also look like chimp poop.
Speaker 3: I'm clooper chocolate chimps. Sorry, wrong company.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a trademark in fridement, right there, my friend. Okay, so get a little milk and these chocolate chimps.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: They're slightly smaller than coco puffs. The milk washes the chalk it off almost immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I tell you what's worrying to me? Yes, I'm seeing a lot of them that have no chocolate on them because the milk has already walked it off.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's try it out.
Speaker 3: Good smell? Mm mmm. It tastes like catch up?
Speaker 2: Wait what happened?
Speaker 3: That tastes exactly like ketchup? It was good for a second one second, right, but the hard left turn.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it just tastes burnt.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess no chimps are getting saved.
Speaker 2: No, Oh my goodness, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: No, it tastes like what sour dough bread? Burnt sour dough bread, which if I have some butter delicious in a cereal? No? Two balls?
Speaker 2: Goodness? How many too? No, I'm giving it a spoon. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that bad because I do like sour bread. But if I'm comparing it to an actual piece of bread and it's a cereal that I'm eating with milk, probably not the best.
Speaker 2: I need some of the other milk from something else. Enviral environ environ kids, nature's path environ And how do you say that word? Environ kids. Organic in viral kids, well, it's for the environment, so it's probably environ kids.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no n we have to go, I think because you're mad that I made logical sense.
Speaker 2: It wasn't logical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in viral kids, because it would be like environment.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the U also means kosher. There's a U one here.
Speaker 3: Great. Can you explain to me what that means?
Speaker 2: I told you I only know a little bit. I just remember that one of my friends had two different sets of plates and they were only allowed to eat meat on one and dairy on the other. Some people do that.
Speaker 3: Still, definitely two balls. Yeah, I can't believe you took more of it, because I'm telling you I love sour dough bread.
Speaker 2: Nine grams of sugar preserving that's not enough.
Speaker 3: I had a delicious piece of sour dough yesterday with fresh ricotta, and so a part of me only gave this two bowls because I remembered that meal.
Speaker 2: I'm deliverer. I don't know what's going on. I can't focus because.
Speaker 3: You haven't had sugar today.
Speaker 2: This cereal is terrible. I'm sorry, Nature's path You may have some good stuff, and actually Matt and Jen gave me another box of Nature's Path stuff.
Speaker 3: We're not going to do that here, Thank you Jesus.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it somewhere else some other time when I feel like eating healthy again.
Speaker 3: I find bad that the whole environment is going to go downhill because I hate the cereals.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I want to try any of the other animals.
Speaker 3: No, I do you do? I want the leaping lemurs.
Speaker 2: You want lemurs? Oh yeah, I'll get your lemurs. They want to sale this week, so I'll grab a box. Yes, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Did not like this episode. I apologize for the It was just it was gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Annie's was decent.
Speaker 2: The only thing I like about the Annies really is that I get the box top and I could bring it to my school for ten cents.
Speaker 3: Oh exciting. I also like the bunnytail clothes.
Speaker 2: That is kind of cool. That's very The word just left my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're in a sugar deficit? Are we adding this in post production? Because you're just not talking.
Speaker 2: I was looking for a word there. Not revolutionary, but like I just can't think of the word I wanted to say.
Speaker 3: It's fine, let's just keep going.
Speaker 2: I'm going to cut this out.
Speaker 3: Thanks really can't. No, we are no, because now I'm going to keep talking talk talk talk talk, totting it out. Now, you can't cut cut.
Speaker 2: It out, cutting it out. Thanks for listening to Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. Next episode will be forty How cool is that?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: We've made it Andy, it's the uh hey look, ma hey, bless you. We need to end this episode. Yeah, thanks for listening. Follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC. That's Syria with the c follow us on like us. Like dude, you do the Facebook thing. You made the page.
Speaker 3: I'm in charge of saying to like and subscribe on all of the audio channels. You're in charge of the socials.
Speaker 2: Why can't we switch back and forth? Well, okay, I haven't even looked at I haven't even looked at the Facebook page yet. I'm the worst. I do the Twitter, you do the Facebook.
Speaker 3: So I'm literally saying to you, I have to give all of the things where to listen. I have to say to like and subscribe, give us five stars. And now I have to also say this is when I let you talk go, I can let out of my cage. All right now that Scott's let me out.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Hey guys, it's made chucko Chimp.
Speaker 3: Just kidding, okay, So make sure you hit like on Facebook. You can find us facebook dot com slash serial Killers PC. In addition, make sure you find us and listen to us wherever and give us five stars and click the subscribe button when you hit this subsc button, whether you're listening to us on iHeartRadio, Apple podcasts, Google podcasts, stitch your spreaker.
Speaker 2: You sleeper, I already fell asleep.
Speaker 3: This is the end of the episode, so they made it this far. Hit the subscribe button in the episodes, get instantly delivered to your phone. It's fantastic, and give us five stars or just tell us what you like or dislike about it, so that would be great.
Speaker 2: Crunch Crunch, Wow, and what a shame. Garrett finally came in the episodes over we had all these gluten free cereals today and low sugar and he couldn't even make it here in time.
Speaker 3: He's so messed up, very messed up.
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody, love you, thanks for listening. Andy Ready one two three, Crunch.
Speaker 3: Get the hell back in the box.
Speaker 2: Choco chimp.
Speaker 3: That was a good monkey impression.