Speaker 1: Hello, my sexy little monsters. It is La La Kent with rand I'm super excited about today.
Speaker 2: Today's a big day.
Speaker 1: Today's a big day because, like you know, we like go when we do our shit, which means like pickleball or swim or like read a fucking book. But today we get to do our podcast.
Speaker 2: With a huge guest and a friend and a friend. So let's start with a friend and a huge superstar somebody that I know. See the funny thing is I just worked with him and became friends through this creative process and directed my first movie. But I really knew about him because you are such a music aficionado that I didn't realize like what a superstar he is until you kind of educated.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna drop this yet again. You're forty eight years old, forty.
Speaker 2: Nine, thanks thanks for doing nine.
Speaker 1: So like Randall's like grown.
Speaker 2: As fuck, thanks for the mortality check.
Speaker 1: Just so when he said to me, he was like, hey, Lala, have you heard of this guy MGK, I was like, yes, I'm a wild boy.
Speaker 2: Like but here's the thing, Yes, I know machine Gun Kelly, and I knew who he was obviously because I love music and hip hop and all that, but I didn't when you said to me, oh my god, he's like dope as fuck. I was like, well, here's the thing. He's coming onto the acting scene in such a huge way that I was like, I am obsessed right now to get him in this role in the movie I'm directing. And you were like, you must do that, like and I was like done, And then I just I knew culturally, but then I looked at his work and this is the best part of it all. He's a badass actor. Like he's the real deal. So it's not like just oh I was stunt casting and putting him in. He is a talented motherfucker. So we got him in the movie. He and I clicked. We had the great latest experience and he is so talented. And then I said to him, you know, we have this podcast. We're all stuck, and you know what do we got to do to get you on? So he said, just call me in and I'm in. So I know you're excited.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited because he's been doing Number One. The first time I saw him in a movie was when I watched A bird Box with Sandra Bullock on Netflix, which so then I realized, like, oh my god, MGK is in the acting scene, which is really crazy because you see these like actors who want to turn into musicians and vice versa, and like sometimes they kill it and sometimes it's like, dude, stick to your day job. MGK is just like a talented dude. He does like the rock scene. He has this new like punk rock ish type album that he's dropping. I may have dropped already. I've been in quarantine, so like the only thing I know is I got a new pickleball racket.
Speaker 2: But EDI's like a different video like almost every day, like you know, with different artists. Like that is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So the Instagram video you showed me on his ig yeah, where he fucking just like is on FaceTime with Marilyn Manson and he's like.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, like what's up? Who should I cover this week?
Speaker 1: Because he does those songs.
Speaker 2: So like and he covered Rihanna? Oh my god, and does this guy get any more talented? I almost fell out of my chair because I'm like, how do you cover Rihanna? And boom? He knocks it out of the pope.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with Rihanna and when I watched the video of his cover, I was like, damn, I kind of like his version more.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want to tell you something. So I know he's like obviously very successful superstar sells out major venues.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: He comes to the movie, and I look at him obviously as an actor, and that's what he wants to be treated, and he jumps right into the character like straight up, I don't want to play a stereotype. I want to do something really awesome. I want to do something really creative. And for me, I was like, I hit the jackpot. So I'm looking as an actor. Then he covers the Rihanna thing and I look on the gram and he's got Rihanna commenting like, mak a big deal. Yeah, just like Rihanna's my friend and she just respects my work. So I was like, thank god I didn't see any of this shit before we hit the movie, because I think I would have been intimidated.
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you, the fact that we have him on the podcast today has been my saving grace because let's be honest, like, over the weekend, I had a really great time. I was like super hyped about everything, and then Monday hits, and I'm like, oh, fuck the fact.
Speaker 2: That you're sober eighth of the quarantine and be you know, in life, it's your life choice. I gotta praise you because you've got a strong motherfuckers, don't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be really honest, if there was somebody that like was holding a crystal ball and they were like a year and a half from now, La, La, you're gonna, you know, experience this quarantine because of a virus, I would have been like putting a pin in sobriety until that shit is fucking done. Anyone who's sober or you know, is getting sober, Like everyone knows about the Pink clouds. You're like, you're obsessed with your sobriety today. I was like, I'm gonna need to like go over every step of the program against and like really fucking dig into.
Speaker 2: The book The Big Bug. That's really interesting because you know, somebody obviously is not sober and been through the program. So when you go through this pink cloud, what is the difference between right now in the pink cloud, Like, what is the feelings today, Like when you're having that feeling where everybody's thrown back.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I can. I can equate it to when people talk about a relationship the honeymoon phase.
Speaker 2: Perfect example, Yeah, the pink cloud.
Speaker 1: Sobriety is like the honeymoon phase for rare us.
Speaker 2: For six months, You're like, I have.
Speaker 1: No problem not drinking. I'm fucking invested. I'm reading my big book every day. And then like a year and a half goes by and you're like, why am I suddenly craving a bottle of rose?
Speaker 2: This is weird, you know, And it's not easy.
Speaker 1: It's not and you have like the little the little devil that's like drink la la, drink like you can just have one. And then like your angel is like, girl, we've been through this. We don't have been through this. Like, wow, pick up your big book and read.
Speaker 2: Bitch, I'm proud of you. I don't know. I mean, I give you so many props. I don't want to say I couldn't do it, but I don't know if I could do it. And I don't think anybody I mean meaning just the fact that the stress and pressures of life quarantine hangbills, worrying about this, worrying about that, the pressures of everything.
Speaker 1: Like as fun as sobriety talk.
Speaker 2: Is wa Was that a pivot?
Speaker 1: That was a pivot. I'm gonna switch gears here. So you guys, I just ordered McDonald's and it looks really good.
Speaker 2: Shout out to McDonald's if you want to.
Speaker 1: Know one's so discussed.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I want to tell you something back in the day. Yeah, back in the day. You know how we have those Hooters cards, those Hooters, Oh, free Hooters. You don't use yours, but we all use them. Shout out to Hooters. By the way, Jack's hooked me up and looked us up and you get these free food whatever for life. Years and years ago, probably fifteen years ago, I did a movie where McDonald's was in the movie, really and they gave me one of those cards for life, and I thought it was the coolest thing because I went from like literally being broken be able to eat a ninety nine cent Hamburger. So I had this free card. I thought, this is worth like a billion dollars and I lost it.
Speaker 1: This is when you were poor.
Speaker 2: I'm up from poor to just making like my first couple of films, And I'm going to tell you something. That card. When I lost it, I think I had tears on. So I just want to shout out to McDonald's since you did. Feel free to reach out rand em emit films on the ig. I'm always looking for the free shit.
Speaker 1: Which spoiler alert now that we're talking about super healthy food hot dog on a stick, be careful, rand we're in so we First of all, hot dog on a stick was my jam as a kid, and I got there. You're really like fucking with my vibe. Okay, for the McDonald's hot dog on a stick with my jam was my jam? Okay. I used to go to fashion Place small and Utah just to get one. Like, fuck the shopping, I'm going for the cheese dog. Respect I got the hot dog on a stick food truck for our wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Is that is that what? I is that? What? Well? That's what I paid for? Wait? Hold on, I have a question. The hot dog on the stick the place I took you the other day to the drive through that point.
Speaker 1: No, that's Wiener Schnitzel. That's also bomb.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is like shout out to all faster the world. Wait a second, So we have hot dog on a stick at our wedding.
Speaker 1: Yes, so people get cray cray over like, oh my god, corn dog, corn dogs, cheese dogs, cheese on a stick and they dip it in the breading and then oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Go for somebody that's going to be really, really drunk late late night that is absorbed that alcohol right up, and then we'll go right to the honeymoon suite and do our marital commitment right there.
Speaker 1: I find that really hard to believe.
Speaker 2: Fuck you mean, I'm gonna get so drunk that I'm really not.
Speaker 1: Going to know my name, good old, good old Louis. Thirteen days.
Speaker 2: Shit, Okay, I'm transitioning out of this. We have MGK on. I love you. I am so happy you got us hot dog on the stick because I love a good corn dog.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I want to get right into this because I don't want to lose any time with him, because I know you're excited and I do. I'm gonna have to give a major prose because he doesn't realize how badass what the editor just sent me. I want to tell him that. So let's take a pause, Let's go to commercial. We'll come right back.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with MGK. We are back, motherfuckers, and I have the most epic guest in the world. Some know him as MGK, but because he's my boy, I'm just gonna call him.
Speaker 4: Card.
Speaker 2: We have machine on Kelly Colson, my boy, my friend Colson. I just got to tell people something real quick. You and I met on a movie I just directed, and I just want to tell you something. The editor who cut Loan Survivor for me sent me a text last night because he's cutting your scenes right now, and he's like, this guy is off the charts. I'm gonna screenshot and send it to you, so you know I'm not just hyping you up. You crushed the ship, crushed it. Ah, Let's go, dude, let's go.
Speaker 5: That's so sick. Shout out to everybody that ever denied me in their movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that.
Speaker 1: Such an amazing feeling? And you're like, really good, Colson, Like Randall has shown me some of the footage and it's fucking epic. And then the other night I was watching bird Box and my boy pops up on the screen. I totally forgot you were in that. Was that like for you? What was that like being like, holy shit, I'm going to act with Sandra bullet.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was the sickest thing ever, La la, until you watched the movie and you realize that I'm in it for fifteen seconds.
Speaker 3: But other than that, it was great, great experience.
Speaker 5: It was, and we had actually shot so much more for that movie.
Speaker 6: But because of how they rearranged the order of everything, like by putting the canoe throughout the whole movie, because it was never actually like that, but she came in at the last, like towards the end of the movie.
Speaker 5: But because they narrated the canoe.
Speaker 3: From beginning to end like.
Speaker 6: That, a lot of the character development for everyone else in the house got cut. But because we're looking at Sandra bullets face the whole time, it's fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: And Sandy's my girl.
Speaker 6: And she also was very passionate about me not drinking ten cups of coffee a day so she would get be greed tea every morning.
Speaker 3: It was very nice.
Speaker 5: She was very concerned that my balls were not going to be.
Speaker 3: Of use as I got older, because.
Speaker 6: I was going to I don't know, I don't know if the coffee like jitters around that's.
Speaker 1: Amazing, like lowers the sperm count.
Speaker 6: Sperm count too much. Or something, but she was very very very nice and uh and encouraged me to you know.
Speaker 1: Drink green tea instead.
Speaker 3: Situation growing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're already the most favorite guest I've ever had.
Speaker 2: I want to say something, Colson. I want to tell you. I promise you nothing, not one frame of film's gonna be cut out of our fucking film because you're just too epic period. So I give you.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just for the I'm just for the art man, I'm sign stug whatever, whatever you use, I'm with.
Speaker 3: But it also helps that.
Speaker 6: You invite me over to Mark Walbert's house and we have a fucking amazing Sunday like two days ago.
Speaker 2: I was, by the way, epic day. Epic day.
Speaker 1: We're so weird for me because like I grew up in Utah and like Colson, I've been obsessed with your music for a really long time. And then I look at my movie producing fiance and he's like, hey, like MGK is gonna come over and I'm gonna take him to Wahlberg's house. I'm like, what the fuck is this life? What is happening right now? So I was stoved, you guys to meet meet Wahlberg and do do the business.
Speaker 6: It was so cool they wouldn't let my Harley inside his community.
Speaker 3: For those out there.
Speaker 6: Listening, if you've ever I mean, we've seen some nice communities, but very rarely have you ever seen a community that they won't even.
Speaker 3: Let you bring a motorcycle in because the noise is just.
Speaker 6: They just paid way too much money for Randy with that peasant noise.
Speaker 3: I had to leave my bike out.
Speaker 6: Randy gave me a gave me a ride and his fucking chopped top, fucking phantom rolls.
Speaker 2: Royce, fuck Matt mac gray with the Red Interior.
Speaker 3: Star Wars crap that he had.
Speaker 1: Right, So I have a question for you. So, my most memorable song when you like stepped into the scene was obviously with Waka Flakka, who I'm obsessed with wild Boy. Was that like the song that kind of changed your life pretty much? Or like, was there like film in on that?
Speaker 6: So I had about three or four mixtapes out prior to that where people pretty much only in areas like Utah or Ohio or Kansas or Minnesota, like that was kind of the only buzz that I had was kind of just in like the the C and B States.
Speaker 3: And then Wild Boy dropped.
Speaker 5: And I mean the thing about wild Boy was that that was out.
Speaker 6: Fourteen months before it ever started getting heard on a national level, So it was kind of like, I mean, we were doing like mini van runs across the country, going to any radio station I would listen to us, take us in. Also the word I mean that for those who don't know, the song says the word bitch like eighty fucking.
Speaker 3: Five times, you know, So it wasn't not not.
Speaker 7: Bitch in a derogatory way, but it was just it just like yeah, bitch, yeah, bitch yeah, like.
Speaker 1: In a high sea way. It was like the hype music.
Speaker 3: And hype way. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it wasn't the easiest fucking song to pitch, you know what I mean at all, So it's go a long time to catch. Thank god, the youth embraced it and like ran it up and me and Walker are still great friends. I actually just ran into them in Oklahoma City in a fucking parking lot, which is the most random thing ever.
Speaker 2: And then uh yeah we had a crazy night.
Speaker 6: We went out, had a crazy night.
Speaker 3: Oh I love yeah, wo Boy, wild Boy.
Speaker 6: I always got love for that one. That was my first my first big one, where are you from in Utah?
Speaker 3: Your state's very strict.
Speaker 1: You want to know what people say that, but they're like totally down for you to like get abortions or like marry your gay lover, like they're Utah is pretty progressive.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: If you're at a club and you ask for more than one shot of liquor, you ain't getting that so kind of but.
Speaker 1: Colson, that's only that's only because they want a tax. They want to make all the money they can off that one fucking bottle, So they're like, it's not really about how much you're drinking. It's like if we're giving them a shot, like that's all they're getting unless they want to pay for more. So they're they're just like trying to milk us for all our dough. Anyway, my next question for you.
Speaker 5: As the United States of America, ladies, right exactly milking us for all our.
Speaker 2: Dough since the day we were born, that is correct.
Speaker 1: And then so were you already signed to Innerscope and bad Boy before like when when wild Boy dropped No.
Speaker 5: No, I was still I was still independent.
Speaker 1: You were still independent, and then after that it was like everyone was on your jock.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what's funny is that that the first person that ever reached out to me and pulled up on me when I was when I started kind of blow up was Juicy J and f yes, like I was remember you remember.
Speaker 3: Talking about the La Mantros.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Juicy J my first week of ever coming to La actually pulled up to the La Mantros to my room with a fat bag of weed and was like, hey man, you know the best part of Cali is the fucking weed.
Speaker 3: Like, you're new out here, got to smoke you out.
Speaker 6: So he smoked me out and we did a song together that was called Inhale and he starts his verse off saying, yeah, yeah, call me something, and then my.
Speaker 5: Verse starts off, yeah, bitch, yeah, bitch, call me Steve O, I'm a wild boy, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, just like kind of like an.
Speaker 3: Ode to the whole jackass thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: And then my friend came in and this is when we were living. I was living on my friend's couch. Actually, so after after my after the label was done, like courting me to sign to them.
Speaker 3: As soon as I signed them, they were like Okay, good luck fucking bye.
Speaker 6: So I went and was I was living on my friend's floor in North Hollywood and we were using his studio and I'll never forget did my friend walked in. He's like, hey, I had these producers sample.
Speaker 3: That one line that you said, and I think it. I think it could be something.
Speaker 6: And he played it for me and it was like a whole new beat and its sampled that yeah bitch, yeah bitch.
Speaker 5: So it was it's kind of a weird journey with that song.
Speaker 6: It was like, wow, it was a round even longer than the actual song.
Speaker 1: That's insane. I love that story because I'm I'm like, I'm a rap head, you know. Like while most of my friends were going home and watching Disney Channel, I was like watching be E T with AJ and Free, you know, and like listening to the AJ and Free Yes, they were so hot in gangster and I was like listening to ghetto boys. So what I you know, a chick from Utah here is that this guy from you know, Ohio is like making moves in the rap industry and he's like this tatted up white boy and you go so hard, Like that story is really amazing. That it started that ny.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, Like you were like, you're like a little encyclopedia. I'm impressing you.
Speaker 6: You know what's cool is that I thought I was gonna come on the phone and.
Speaker 3: That you were gonna fucking hate me, oh.
Speaker 6: And be super judgy, And here you are the coolest person ever.
Speaker 1: Oh You're so sweet. No, dude, I'm telling you, I've been listening to like all of your songs on repeat since I found out that you were going to do our podcast. I was like, it was so nostalgic for me.
Speaker 2: No, Colson, I swear to you. She's known your music. She's a huge hip hop fan and in every level of music, whether it's whatever, she's just very, very like in the know. And I feel like I'm eighty five years old right now.
Speaker 1: You're almost eighty five.
Speaker 2: Slow the fuck down.
Speaker 6: Well, not well, but well speaking, you're definitely not. Because my twenty fucking three year old friend from Florida reached out and he was like, Hey, my friend Randall wanted to see if you get in this fucking movie.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting here like, how the fuck do you know?
Speaker 5: How do you have so many ties?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: And by the way, his friend his friend. So I become like, kind of I love people that just have so much talent and things that I don't have talent. And I'm from Miami and his friend is from Florida and who I've gotten to know and is one of the best wakeboarders in the fucking world. And then I realized they're friends. And I started obsessing about getting you calls in this movie. And I'm like, fuck the agents, fuck the lawyers. I'm going to everybody he knows that I'm associated with. And I was like, could you please call him? Sending the script? It's the best role ever. And next thing I know, you know, he says, I'll do the deal, I'll come out and and that's it. Rest is history, dude.
Speaker 1: I'm so hyped about it. And then like, how did you Were you just like boarding quarantine? I've been cyberstalking you as well. Were you just like boarding quarantine? And you were like, oh, ship, hold on, we lost him. We got to get him back on the phone.
Speaker 2: We got him home.
Speaker 1: He said, he asked us, do you have faith that my phone will stay alive? And we were like, we you have faith. Okay, let's let's let's take a break, take a break, get him back.
Speaker 2: We'll get him right back. All right, we got cols.
Speaker 3: I got my phone died.
Speaker 5: You know, when you're you're smoking, you can't just like sit still.
Speaker 3: So I was sitting by the charger, but then I started smoking.
Speaker 1: I was like, I got you're smoking csen a cigarette or some some hell.
Speaker 3: Backward right now?
Speaker 1: Oh well back was how gangster of you.
Speaker 3: Fucking looking at my neighbor's house. He can't he can't stand me. He he doesn't know that we know that. He does a podcast about us.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some tea.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know that. It'll it'll turn into neighbors real quick. But I'm I'm gonna be Zach Effron.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, if.
Speaker 1: You'll do that, please invite us over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to watch watch that ship front row. Yeah, let me tell you something. Anybody to fuck with you as your neighbor, they got to be an idiot, straight up.
Speaker 5: Oh you gotta be. I have the most energy in the world for that type of activity.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good to go.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm I'm I'm Tom Petty.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it. I fucking love it.
Speaker 3: Petty and all caps fucking uh.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, So how we had met was through my friend Steele down in Orlando, who's who's a wakeboarder his house actually who I've stayed.
Speaker 5: There many times. Like it's one of those places where I have, like the tour bus.
Speaker 6: If we're going through I'll always book like an off day in between shows and Florida and we'll always take the tour bus to his house.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so dope. I'll never forget.
Speaker 6: One time we had a show in Orlando and we went to his afterwards and we kind.
Speaker 3: Of brought whoever was their back, so it was just.
Speaker 6: Like a concert full of people back in his house.
Speaker 2: I'm like, shit, never forget.
Speaker 6: There was someone's mom there, come on, and like it was like a girl and her mom, and the mom was full on mom, like I'm talking about grandma mom.
Speaker 5: Though, you know, like but was she fine in her sixties?
Speaker 3: And I like, was it?
Speaker 5: We were all just drinking and the kids whatever. And I looked over and I'm like, dude, whose fucking mom is this?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? And wow, wow my mom?
Speaker 5: Wow so uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: And he has he had those boats and so we took one of the boats out and I'll never forget.
Speaker 5: I was like, dude, we can't.
Speaker 6: I'm not fucking like we're not taking Your mom's not getting on the boat, like like you.
Speaker 2: Shut it down, dude, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: She was like twenty five years old. I'm like, dude, why is your mom here? Like this is so weird, Like we had to leave the mom at the doc.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I bagged my mom around like she's a fucking shihuahua, Like.
Speaker 2: Colson, I have this problem. I want to talk to you about it privately. She brings her mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't make me, don't make me cut you bring your you're you're a mom, bring her kid, yes, everywhere.
Speaker 1: But you're my fiance, Like didn't come on family vacation. I'm not taking her to the club with me or the like MG.
Speaker 2: Cave YouTube the club very odd. This wasn't where your mom should be. You know, your mom should be at the end the.
Speaker 3: Morning that this was.
Speaker 5: It's twelve thirty in the morning, I just finished a show. Let's all go rage.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you say, I love her mom because she's like my mom and she's been there for me. But her mom would not show up at the after hours party at four in the morning, So that that that we definitely have the boundary save.
Speaker 1: Randall good say, I didn't want to pull out my fucking machete on you today.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I have a question, Coulson, real quick, have you so so when you've seen Steele how sick live in person? Is he as a wakeboarder when you see him do those tricks? Is it out of control?
Speaker 6: One time I was drinking a beer while I was on the wakeboard and he was riding next to me on his wakeboard, and he like signaled like throw it up, and so he carved out and then came back into the wake jumped up in the air, did a flip, and I threw the can of beer up to him mid air. He caught it and is drinking it by the time he lands back.
Speaker 2: No, he is a superstar. That is unfucking believable. That is sick. I told you, Dab he this kid is like the superstar of weightboarding.
Speaker 6: But what's most important about him is that he has an insane amounts of useless talents that he's just so fucking good at. Like you can go to his Instagram and just watch him do things like like he he did this one thing where he sets up three buckets of water and uh he essentially like walks on water like with the tip of his toes like three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it's a it's just a it's a very hard feat and no pun intended, but just it's it's at whatever.
Speaker 3: And uh.
Speaker 6: Also it's like he's one of those guys where I have a very big ego when it comes to ping pong and you can't find I don't think anyone can fuck with me on the table.
Speaker 3: Let me, let me get my shirt off.
Speaker 6: I hear Drake and and now I hear about to be both of you over there probably about the chime in and say, oh you can't beat me at ping pong. I will fuck anybody up on the ping pong table, but I'll put.
Speaker 5: Any amount of money on it. I don't care. But but Steele, I had that attitude going into his house.
Speaker 7: And this is right when we first met, and this that this almost could have been the downfall of our friendship because I almost never could be friends with him because five minutes after meeting him, he beat my ass and ping pong so badly I've never seen someone hit with such speed and accuracy and be such an asshole while doing it.
Speaker 3: It's it was so it was yeah.
Speaker 5: So but other than him, I'll take on anybody else.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, Well, do you have peing one table at your house?
Speaker 5: No, it's in my soul to hold on.
Speaker 2: I want to say something because Colson crushed it on my movie and came for basically, you know, for the love of the film, I am going to order you a ping pong table ship it to your fucking house.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm fucking doing, the ping pong table today.
Speaker 1: That's gangster.
Speaker 5: I love that fucking go. That is the hardest gift.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Matt, done, I love you. Okay, last couple of things. Tell me about the two movies. Because I saw you in Dirt. Many people saw you in Dirt. How was that experience? Obviously playing musician, but you're a real actor. So what was the experience? What was good? What was bad? What was great? Because you fucking crushed that movie.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I had a some of the best times of my life on that movie. I think one important aspect was that we went down there a month early to all become a real just band together and you know which which incorporated just the first night, you know, the Jeff Tremaine, who directed the movie, was like, we we all got to go out to a bar and uh, we took these shots that had like little plastic like army figures in them or like or something or something that and whatever.
Speaker 3: In our goal for the whole month before we start filming the movie was like who could collect the most of those figures?
Speaker 6: Shit, So we had to go and drink and so like obviously you're just bonding through all these things where like we're playing the Motley Crew. Our first night that we go out together and we drink, we like walk past the whole like Jesus is real signs for the big mob of people like for it.
Speaker 3: And we just took a picture with them in front of the throw.
Speaker 5: It was just all it was. It was just it was just a it was a Motley cru bro.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, it was. It was a wild fucking time.
Speaker 2: That that honestly, I swear to you that that whole bonding thing and a cast coming together in the special kind of movie like that how to be magical. That just had to be really, really cool almost like you can't even describe, you know what I mean. You're trying, but but unless you're there, it's just one of those rare moments in life that you'll probably have with you forever.
Speaker 3: Right cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, agreed, And they're still great friends of mine to this day.
Speaker 3: So it's really cool.
Speaker 2: And did you go to Sundance when your other movie made it into the Sundance which is gigantic? Did you experience that whole Sundance thing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and me and Pete went to Sundance together.
Speaker 5: I think we ate, we ate a bunch of mushrooms and.
Speaker 6: Once of a premiere and well and there, Yeah, it was, it was, It was awesome.
Speaker 2: I just want to say for people that don't know, because I've been to Sundance twenty years in a row, I've probably had ten or twelve thirteen movies in the festival and Lala, you had your first movie in the festival this year. Yeah, it is such an epic experience, especially when it's your first or second time. Will never be the same. So mad respect because to have a film in Sundance.
Speaker 1: That's a hard film festival to get into, you.
Speaker 2: Very heart, it's the hardest in the United States. I mean it's number one, so yeah, sure that's giganty dude.
Speaker 1: I'mgk. I'm so happy to see you still killing the game. And I love your little Quarantine videos. I shouldn't call them little because you know, no the deal. You're like asking Marilyn Manson who you should cover, and you fucking do Rihanna, who I'm like a huge diehard Rihanna fan, and listening to your I was telling Randall, I was like, damn, I think I like his version a little bit more tunes.
Speaker 2: Wow. I love the fact that Rihanna comments on the page. I'm like, God, this guy. I thank god I didn't know all this shit, because I think I would have been overwhelmed Colson had I known, you know, yeah, the level, but I meand but he came. I just got to say this last thing when you came to the set and we met, and we met in the wardrobe trailer, and you're like, fuck all this. I want to go against type. I want to do something fresh and original. I didn't come here to do the stereotypical role. I was like, this guy's really in it to win it. I mean, that's how mark as you know Wahlberg. You know that's that's how like the best actors in the world approach it. And I know you have that special thing. And I'm not just blowing your spot up. You know how I really feel. And I'm just proud to have you as a partner in this movie.
Speaker 3: Hey man, I appreciate it. You know what. It's It's cool.
Speaker 6: I fucked with you so hard when I met you because I went again. You walked into the wardrobe trailer, and I told you I had just had this gnarly argument on the plane getting there, like missed my flight even though I was on time, sitting next to the gate.
Speaker 3: My dumbass just forgot to.
Speaker 5: Get on the plane, I swear to God.
Speaker 6: And so but I ended up getting there, Uh in time for the wardrobe fitting.
Speaker 3: I walked in.
Speaker 6: Uh, the lady had like twenty options of the exact same outfit. I hated it, and Uh, I had asked to meet with.
Speaker 5: You and you walk in, and I was frustrated.
Speaker 6: I was trying to suck it up, and I just told you what I was frustrated by. I really wanted to push it, not be just something the ordinary, and took all the wardrobe if she fucking squeaking off the hangar and threw it on the fucking ground.
Speaker 2: I said, we're done all this shit.
Speaker 5: Was like, all right, bet, whatever you want, however.
Speaker 3: You want to play it.
Speaker 2: And uh, I said, you're inspired by True Romance, soul am. I got in the movie business. That's one of the films that I live for. And you lived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. We watched the True Romance scene.
Speaker 6: I said, this is a fucking care this is this is this is a character like we need to make myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate you for letting me express my artistry. Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah when you when you said that, I just knew. I said, Wow, he's a real fucking artist. He didn't come here to play, he came here to do the work and whatever. And then the next day we found all types of cool ship that you loved, I loved, and we went out and did it. So I am grateful and thankful and I thank you for coming on here today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, coolson, like you really rock my fucking world. Dude for taking the time out of your day to do this, I'm really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you guys, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: All right, i'll slay the day.
Speaker 2: I'll call you when the ping pong table gets there.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you dude again, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, what a fun day.
Speaker 1: It almost like makes me just want to like go over to his house and just like be a fly on the wall because he just seems like he has such passion for not only his art, for life, but just life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like having him talk about the ping pong thing like something so small, he was like so passionate about it.
Speaker 2: But that's but I think that's just being an artist, you know, And I think people, I just think people have to remember, whether you an artist or not, that you have to love life and it gets hard and it sucks sometimes and there I remember when I couldn't even pay the bills or I'm so behind, but even in that, I was still optimistic. And I think this is just such a good energy to remember that, you know, we just got to fight for what we believe in and fight to love life and not get so down when the world feels like it's ending, which.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because when you know, like when I first started listening to his music, and you know, you look at him and where he's from, and you see someone who's not your typical like rap artist and the battles and you know, uphill battles that he probably had to face, and then being a you know, making it in the rap world and then wanting to explore doing movies. It's just like it's really inspired to watch people like him, you know, and.
Speaker 2: You know, he has so many similarities like Mark and I were talking about at Wahlberg. We were saying, like Mark came from music, Mark transition.
Speaker 1: Because because those two had a meeting the other day or something like just to like, hey, what's up, and they bonded over like where they come from and similar background.
Speaker 2: I think their upbringings were very similar. They grew up both very you know, very tough places, and they were it was just sharing about, you know, the music crossover and how people Mark had a fight for every single role he ever got as an actor, and I think that really inspired Colson because the more you get to know him, the more you see is obsession and passion for movies, and he really knows films, so I think, and then the music obviously, you know, so it I just think you're right. I think he has such a pat I want I was so excited for you to talk to him because you're so educated with who he is and his music, and you could see kind of the energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's inspiring for someone like me who I grew up in the arts and then moved to Lay to be an actress. You know, like most people that move out here, they don't move out here going I think I'm going to move out there to be on a reality TV show. You know, life just takes you in different directions. And for a really long time being on vander Pump, I was like, I feel like I'm stuck in a box now, Like it's going to be really hard to get back into the acting. But you know, hearing close and story and just like with my mom in my ear being like, you know, boxes don't exist. You know, no one can put you in one. So even though I'm on a reality TV show, that doesn't take away me being able to be in film and scripted TV. Like I can still do those things. I might have to work a little bit harder. Well that's okay, oh.
Speaker 2: No, And you do work really hard. And I think that people in life sometimes even if you're a doctor and you want to go do a regional play, like people, Oh, he's a successful or she's a successful doctor. I think that's perfectly said. I think people want to put us all in boxes. Yeah, we have to kind of make sure that people remember that we're versatile, that we can do different things, whether it's in the arts or anything else. And I think that you know the fact that you did start in reality show and people will try to pigeon pull you into that. You have fought very hard to go beyond that. And I think that, you know, I love people that are great at something and are successful at something, but they will fight to go show everybody they can do other things. And I think that's kind of the moral of his story, you know, and yours and many other people.
Speaker 1: I agree. I also think that we should have named this podcast the Icing Podcasts, because every other thing we say is well, I think that it's this. I think that it's that I think we.
Speaker 2: Should both take our here's the thing. I think we should put our hands on our chins and just ponder, ponder, think.
Speaker 5: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you guys, you have to bear with us. We have just moved into a new podcast studio that we are making into like a professional little studio and we're going to get carpets in here and the sound is going to be live start but as of right.
Speaker 2: Now, but hold on, let's do let's talk about the good things we have. Our partner came and set out set us, so they hooked us up fat. We got these microphones that I feel like I'm on the Late Late Show. I mean they're pretty five stars.
Speaker 1: Right, like who am I j one?
Speaker 2: Oh what is this?
Speaker 3: I'm saying?
Speaker 1: It's so cool?
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's a little bear right now, but what do we order? Yesterday we ordered our.
Speaker 1: We ordered our carpet, and we ordered our big neon sign that says give them Lalla, don't forget. It has the do Do dog with Randall. Yes, it's pretty damn cool.
Speaker 2: So so soon we're gonna we're gonna share that with people as soon as it's ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like on the IG do.
Speaker 2: We have do we have any callers? I think we need to go to the callers first.
Speaker 3: Boys mail, Hey, lala amandall.
Speaker 4: This is Annie from Kansas. Thanks so much for the podcast. It's keeping my mind occupied and entertained while I'm partially unemployed during quarantine. My question is for laala as a fellow stepmom. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half.
Speaker 8: He has two sweet angels for four or five, but.
Speaker 4: We are past the honeymoon stage and I'm struggling a bit with knowing how and when to discipline and figuring out my role. Sometimes I feel super out of place. A little girls can.
Speaker 3: Be vicious too.
Speaker 4: My man stands up for me, but it only does so much. So I'm just wondering if you, Laila, have had any not the right experiences of a stepmom and how you handle them.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much by I really like this question because I think it's important to make people aware that it's not all rainbows and butterflies being a stepmom. You do most of the time feel like your bottom of the totem pull and you struggle to figure out your place and what you can do and not do. First of all, I think the boundary as far as how to discipline, you should have that conversation with your partner, because for me, I always asked Randall, like, what do you feel comfortable and uncomfortable with me doing? And he kind of just said, I think you do great, just kind of of being how you are and what you believe in and how a parent, you know, a step parent should be.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say something that, yeah, step in, I don't know. I think every every relationship that is evolving a step parent is different. But for me, I just felt it was so natural how you were with the girls and how we kind of went about it, you know, how we kind of eased in at the right time. I just feel it was a very natural fit. So we didn't really have to sit down and have like any real hard conversation because A you were a natural. B You're so fun and they love hanging out with you and doing all these fun things. And they also know when Lala's around and they're with us it is serious. No soda during the week. I mean, you have definitely inspired them to be much healthier than I would have been kind of probably on my own. So I'm very thankful because, like my my ten year old said to me yesterday, I think she's like, I was drinking a diet or a doctor a roopier whatever, doctor pepper or something like that, whatever, rooteers and a soda and blay lah. She came up to me and I was like, oh, you want to sip and she's like, it's Tuesday or Monday, and Lala doesn't let us have soda during the week, And I was like, what what Laala has? Definitely the wrath of Laala is in this house, so wrath no, but no, But I'm saying with love like you, you didn't. We didn't have a conversation right that. You just said, these are the things that should happen, this is what I'd like to see in the house, and we just went with it.
Speaker 1: So I think my advice to you, Annie, would you know, if there are certain things that you see in the household that concern you or you know you're bothered by, talk to your partner and then you guys work together and then you'll know your place. And as far as you feeling like an outsider, that is all in your head. I for so long felt like I did not belong and the second I just changed my mentality of like I do belong here, like I'm loved, this is my family, all of that, like insecurity, pretty much left. So I get it. Being a step mom is very, very hard. I've had real mamas tell me they think being a step mom is even harder because we do fight. You know, not knowing our boundaries, but you got this four and five years old. You and I will conquer these youngins together because girl wants. They're teenagers, like I don't even know if I'm about that life yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well the good news is, first of all, you keep baby talking, so I'm sure there's going to be a baby by the time they hit you know, teen life. So yeah, so you'll you'll lock down the baby, I'll handle the teenagers, and we'll work together and everything else.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that question, and Kansas, thank you. Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 8: Hi, Lala and Randal. My name is Ali. I'm from Cincinnati. My question is, since you guys have become such a power couple, has Randal ever thought of making a superhero film? And if you guys could cast each other as a superhero, who would you pick for one another? Love you guys and love the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Ali, first of all, great question. Yes, I would love to produce a superhero movie one day, but you know, unfortunately a lot of those superhero movies are owned by the studios because they have.
Speaker 1: My god, you should make a super hero movie called super Fly.
Speaker 2: Okay? Is that ape?
Speaker 1: But is it a superhero.
Speaker 2: Can I just finish my one? Yeah? You cut me off.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm an artist. I'm such an artist. You're going.
Speaker 2: No Listen. All I want to say is is that you know, I have always wanted to make a superhero. It's very hard to get the rights to these super superhero movies because of the fact that a lot of them are taken up by the studios because Marvel or different things are already owned. But I just want to go back to say, if I was to pick a superhero for you and I and I really mean this, because you're like my hero, because I love you so much on look up to you. You would be my wonder woman.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so sweet, babe. Is the Hulk a superhero?
Speaker 2: Yes? I mean he's like he's I mean he kills people. And is he bad?
Speaker 1: Is he a bad guy?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not good in the superhero world, so.
Speaker 1: I'm not either. But you'd be like the Hulk because you're like nice and strong with kind of like a bowl in a china shop, is how I describe you. So you'd be like my Hulk, or maybe like an iron Man.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll take iron Man. He's bad. Ass. I mean he's super bad. I mean, I'm not chiseled like Iron Man, but damn his house is pimped out and the guy can fly around.
Speaker 1: But that's why it's dope, because you just wear iron. No one even knows what you look like underneath. Oh my god, you know, can you Iron?
Speaker 2: Can you make me a super next week? So I just walk around the house looking super chiselup but put like a twelve pack on my stomach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: But by the way, I want to tell I want to say one thing. And I love that question, and thank you, and and I love when you have your fans become like a quarter of my fans, and thank you. I wanted to say one thing. I am very proud of myself. I'm tooting my own horror right now, maybe to because you even cause you even acknowledged it that I have lost drink quarantine twelve pounds.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lose twenty by the end.
Speaker 1: I know you and I love to binge eat. It's like so much fun.
Speaker 2: Well, don't even say you and I because you're wait on, you're skinny and super high.
Speaker 1: Well I'm also only twenty nine, and Lord knows, I can't be eaten like this as I get older.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 1: I can't go down at by the way, last night went downstairs ate a piece of chocolate cake. Didn't even give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is what I'm saying. And then I'm trying to lose weight, and it's like, okay, and here's the thing. I'm so I've been so good every day now I'm like in the zone, except.
Speaker 1: For the McDonald's that we just had to Really I had.
Speaker 2: A hamburger, no French try. I thank you very much, But I just want to say something very important. The problem with you is you're good and then like at twelve thirty we're watching TV and you're like, baite, I'm just gonna go downstairs for a second. But it's a lie. It's a manipulation. You go down there and you just go off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I really have tell everybody about the bagel bites the other night.
Speaker 1: That was so weird because I'm used to him kaifing my bagel bites. I like came up with like twelve bagel bite to watch a movie, and I know it's disgusting. I eat bagel bites in my bed.
Speaker 2: I'm not proud of it, don't judge me.
Speaker 1: And Randall was like, what are you eating? I said, bagel bites, and I like moved the plate over. I didn't offer any because I don't like sharing food, but I like moved it over just so he could reach without spilling on my debt. And he didn't even reach over, and I like, how to do a double take. I was like, oh shit, he doesn't even want a bagel bite? In it to win it, baby, in it to win it.
Speaker 2: You know what the thing is, I want to be healthier and this has been a good time to do it, so I am. I'm trying to get it together.
Speaker 1: Today's podcast was extra fun.
Speaker 2: It was so fun.
Speaker 1: It was so fun, and I want to thank y'all again for being our listeners. We love you so much. Make sure you stay happy, healthy and safe, and you go slay your homes today and we'll catch you next week. Thanks y'all,