Speaker 1: Coming up on a get Loud podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll look back at Tampa. That's over with, Yeah, it's all. We'll also look at the Giants. Also, we have these Spanish broadcasting teams for the commanders.
Speaker 1: Want and Moistest are here.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the show, what's the beef tesla?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: It is to get loud podcasts.
Speaker 2: Anybody see Geek the official TA partner of the Washington Commanders, Fred Smooth, Michael Jenkins.
Speaker 4: And we're here to get loud. Brother, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Call us, let us know anything. A lot of positive calls this week.
Speaker 4: Positive.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna get to them. Seven o three seven two six seven four one nine.
Speaker 4: Call us on the landline, the house phone. We're the last people in America with a house phone. All right, we are us and our grandparents. That's us. That's right, because that's it.
Speaker 1: Also, Anna is here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's give it up for she's had a tough one. Yeah, she's waste coffee from here to the office.
Speaker 1: Man, she almost knocked over a life.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get her right. We're gotta get Anna right. You know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we got you doing a great y'all step man. So we gotta get these commanders right after what we saw.
Speaker 4: Feel that way. And if you tell me in the start of a new era that we're not gonna start off at our peak, I'm gonna be like that sounds about right. One for game, last time, my check. The Joseph aka Joe Gibbs started off in five, Andy Reid one in four, the Philadeth you, Uh, we can go back to Bill Belichick he started off and six. I'm sorry when you when you're starting something from ground zero with a rookie quarterback, a new coaching staff, uh, new owners, every everybody got to catch up to speed. Like we got beat by a veteran team. We got beat by a veteran playoff team. We got beat by a team with a Hall of Fame wide receiver. We got beat by a team with Vida Vela in the middle and Antoine Winfield. It's we got beat by a team that got continuity, that's been with each other temper did a great job of going and signing their own like these guys that have played with each other last five, six, seven years. We got beat by a big brother. That's what we got beat by.
Speaker 1: Also, it's what is it twenty five in here?
Speaker 4: It's freezing in here, man, listen, I'm fine with it. That's why I got on this mock mack here, shutting up. I got on this mock nick. See. Men need to learn the difference between a turtle neck and a mock knack. You know what I'm saying. It's a totally different That's why I knew to wear this in here. Right now, I'm smooth, brother man.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about some positives first that we'll get some things that this team needs to work on, and plenty of things they need to work on.
Speaker 4: But JD five warning.
Speaker 2: The ball was great, Yeah, smooth, Yeah, this whatever this tumble is.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a tucking roll.
Speaker 1: It's like a it's not a slide.
Speaker 4: It's a tucking roll. You know what they tell you to do if like you get caught on fire, stop roll. Right now, he's doing what he's talking. As long as it works, I'm fine with that. I thought he ran the ball well. He got away with no turnovers that I thought that was just huge. That's just huge for him. He looked like he belonged it. Don't look like anything was too big for him. He got the jitters out early with the behind him, get the jitters out if we all have those in our first game. He had to take on the crowd noise, he had to take on he had to go on the road for his first game. I'm glad he got his first touchdown and his second touchdown, so I thought it was a good first day for him. And if you look at all the rookids and all the stats, he had the better stat line, So a clean game. I thought it was a positive.
Speaker 2: When you look at the playmakers on this offense, do you want to see it felt like Terry mcclaurin could have gotten involved a little bit earlier, or Austin Ecklert times. The good b rob always runs with violence. You just got to get those guys going to help out.
Speaker 4: You can't do it if the special teams are not doing their job. You can't do it. If the defense is not getting off the field on third down. We had the ball for ten minutes and forty eight seconds in the first half of this game. We only ran twenty one plays. The quarterback, the offense, the wire receivers can't get in a rhythm like that. If you don't get in a rhythm. You can't have long drives. You can't have long drives. I can't keep their offense off the field. That's why Baker was so sharp. He was on the field the whole first half. It ain't like he was just pushing the ball down the field. He killed us with a thousand paper cuts, that's what he did. So hey, get the kudos to the team that's been together the longest they handled that they been. They beat a team that they feel, I mean feel like they should have beaten.
Speaker 1: Leland Pharrell looked good coming in with the sack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: I thought that Jamie Davis showed out, showed some stuff, and.
Speaker 4: I thought the defensive line was disrupted. They just didn't finish the sacks. They had, like a lot of almosts out there. Baker tapped into his inner Steve Young, and Baker showed some escapabilities, some moxie. Like. The one thing I can say about Baker, the Baker Bacon, the touchdown maker, is he's better with his back against the wall when people tell him he can't, he proves that he can't. He's better as a dog. He's better as a underdog. Like some people are like it and our exodus before the game is what Bakers we're gonna see. Does he still have a chip on his shoulder? Yes, because he still feels like nobody gives him respect and loan as he plays with it Righttney danger feel effect, there'll be a team that you have to worry about.
Speaker 2: One player that I really loved later in the game and people won't talk much about this was Bobby Wagner, the huge tackle for loss because the game was essentially over by then, and when you have a leader like that, it sends the message, hey.
Speaker 4: It ain't over. It's not over.
Speaker 1: It don't saw playing hard.
Speaker 2: And I thought that may not seem like much, but it tells everyone on that defense, particularly the younger guys, there's a way to still play this game.
Speaker 4: First of all, if the yellow Jack dude is out here still playing hard with three minutes to go, who am I to not? If this guy has already been a Super Bowl winner, perennial All Pro, and if he's playing, I'm gonna follow his league and I'm gonna play justice hard. That's what we want to see this team do. Get better as the year go on, and hit hit and never quit. That's what we want.
Speaker 2: What is the difference when you're talking about because the defensive line did play well and they made some places, but there were some times where they were this close to maybe getting a sack or making a play. What is the difference between being that close and actually finishing the play.
Speaker 4: The front, the front in the back end has to be married, yep. Meaning we have to cover long enough for them to get sacked. They have to sack quarterbacks of disrupt quarterbacks in order for us to get picks. So we work hand in hand, and they can only get on that level by being in situations together and actually playing together. So they'll get better at that as the year go and the coaches to ever get better identify and who can do what. They're also figuring that out on the run, who can do what and who should I play in certain situations. So now that's what we're seeing everybody's problem solving right now. But you can only problem solve why in the belly of the beast. And that's why I'm telling the fan base come down. It's only the first game of a new era. We don't want to peak now.
Speaker 2: And I keep saying this, but success, especially in the NFL, is.
Speaker 4: Never in a straight line. No, it's never. And how many times do we see teams like this year in basketball? I'm a big basketball fan. We've seen this Minnesota Timberwooth team. We were like, Oh, they're electrifying. But in the back eyed mind, we knew they ain't lost in the playoffs yet. They can't possibly go to the championship right because they need to lose first. We see this. It's called development. We're not at the ready to bubble stage right now. We're at the bacon stage right now. We're baking that cake right now. We're putting love into it right now, We're putting the ingredients into it right now. Gotta be patient. Can't take that cake out of that, can't just eat it hot, can't do it.
Speaker 2: So when you're talking about patient, yeah, you have to be patient with this secondary.
Speaker 1: And we knew Mike Evans historically, Mike Evans.
Speaker 4: Who hasn't Mike Evans burnt? Mike Evans has burnt every man in the NFL that claims to play corner.
Speaker 1: He's a future Hall of Famer, no question.
Speaker 4: Ten consecutive thousand yard years. He's burnt every man who stand before him. All right, I'm sorry, Like coming up with a game playing to stop guys like this, you got to force the other guys to beat you, right, we got to put two guys and give him the attention that he demands. And that's what the coaches are figuring out. Who can do what you think with Saint Juice being six y three, a bigger corner like, that's a perfect matchup. Yeah, but as you see, he was right there in his hip pocket. But Mike Evans still making those catches, and they did a lot of moving Mike Evans inside where he usually play outside. You can zero in on him in double teenam. They moved him inside and they made it hard to double TINAM.
Speaker 1: So your boy, Manuel Forbes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got his back, Okay, I got his back, all right. It's part of the passage, the right to play the position, all right. I feel like he was in the hip pocket covering most of the time yesterday. He just needs to finish. Forbes need to make that one play, right, that one play, and then he won play away from being back to hisself being confidence, Like the one thing you have to do is a cornerback. You have to be so confident that you're a liar. All right, don't take no cornerback to church with you. Because the one thing we do is we lie, We cheat, and we steal, all right. We lie to ourselves. We cheat by any means necessary. All right. If we steal balls for a living, sounds like a bankrobber. Put the money in the band. We're dishonest people doing an honest job. All right. You have to be almost you wanna take to do a job. Think about the description. I want you to go check tyreek Hill, not only the fastest man in the NFL, maybe the fastest man in sports. And I want you to do it backwards, all right, and I want you to do it with new rules that say you can't touch anybody. I want you to do it this hard job with all the rules going against you. That's what we deal with. He will problem solved, he will get to where we want him to be. That's just not right now. We need to be patient with him. He had a lot of bad coaching last year. We gotta get we gotta get them bad habits out of there. And all I need him to do is finish. We ain't gonna give up on him.
Speaker 1: If you heard that noise, that's Anna today that she.
Speaker 4: Is destroying the studio right now, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: We're renovating the studio. Anna is helping.
Speaker 4: I know, she's a box. She's literally like taking out walls, all kinds of stuff right now. I don't know what's going on here? Are you okay? Can we check in? She a callerimback.
Speaker 5: She still coordinated enough for that.
Speaker 1: She want to check it.
Speaker 2: Make sure ever, we're here for you here it's a renovation taking place.
Speaker 4: She's like, y'all knocked that wall. It's fine, it works.
Speaker 2: So it seemed to me, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it felt like, at least offensively going back there for a second, that there seemed to be some sort of timing issue with getting from the huddle and set on the line of scrimmage, like they just weren't no.
Speaker 4: They they wanted to do things that they couldn't do because we on the road with the crowd knows we want to run up tempo, but it's hard to get the calls in. We want Tom on tempo because we really want to trap via Vea on the field. We want to check him on the field and run six plays in the road to tire him out, like, these are the plans you want to do. But like like Tyson say, everybody got a plan till they get hit in the mouth yep, And that's what got they would happen. We got hit in the mouth and we had to switch to plan up.
Speaker 2: They were a little conservative on some play calls there, maybe not going for a punting it away. Is that part of sort of taking care of a young team.
Speaker 4: Yes, you have to. Like the one thing you have to always be aware of when you're a coach is that now the reality of now where am I now? And I think that's what they understand. We as a fan base need to understand the reality of where are we now.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good way to look at it, because it's difficult to look at the end of the day, this is a team that won four games last year, yep, And you're taking on we're playing a team that had won the division three straight years.
Speaker 1: And guess mules in the playoffs last year.
Speaker 4: And guess what. Also, sixty percent of this team is gone and we replaced sixty percent of this team. Tampa kept eighty percent of the team. We played a team that's been together. We're the team that's trying to bund and become that. All right, So think about that, what I say, the reality of where we're at time wise, when.
Speaker 2: You have so many new players and this franchise more than most, Yeah, it's a reality. There are more players this year that are getting to know each other. Does how long does that take them? In?
Speaker 1: I know you can't really put a number on it, but it doesn't happen a week.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't happen. And we just have to go through ups and downs together. We have to be in situations together, good bad situation. I need to learn your habits. I can only learn your habits. We're playing with you, like all right, me and Shawn Springs. I'm gonna get him all the hell in the world. But boy, when we play football, we have a rapport. We study together to the point where we don't eat. We don't need verbal communication.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you guys know each other.
Speaker 4: Story you could look at each other and and I know right now they motioned me over to Blue side. Now is we got we got a stack. Then we got two guys, Me and Blue gonna in and out that thing. We already discussed it Monday Tuesday, practiced it every day. When we see how it felt, Oh, this don't feel right, Blue, I think we need to go high low on this. You go, you would come to jail man. I'm gonna catch whoever come next. We already have problems solved, so when in the game comes, ain't no problem to solve. We've already solved it and we we did it through the pencil and the pen and that's what they gonna have to do. But you can only learn how to get in them, get out of those situations by being in them first. And that's what they gotta do. They gotta go through them together.
Speaker 2: We're about to talk to these Spanish broadcast team for the Commanders. Yes, I guys, one sis in one before that is paying bills.
Speaker 4: You want to pay some bills? And why not? The Get Loud podcasts brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on the range NFL markets with the Bet three six five app, craft your own personalized bet Slip will parlay excess thousands of games with live screaming. Play sure bet before the match, doing the game. It's up to you. Download the BET three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called the text one eight hundred gamb belove and m w a A. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of any play in the world, and in the blink of eye we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulis in the National Airport. Let your imagination sowred book your adventure today at Flydubllis dot com. Slast non stop beautiful. And that's my reading voice. I think I should like become a book reader and read books.
Speaker 1: I want to listen to your voice before I go to bed at night.
Speaker 4: Just let it, just let it marinate on your scap right there, like I'm here, Jenks, and I know you're about to go to sleep. I want to tell you good night. And I know you drunk some warm milk tonight because you get old. Now.
Speaker 1: We got some special guests which we always have in the pod.
Speaker 2: Voice and Laris Juan Romero, the Spanish broadcasting team for the Commandities It's great to see both of you because I know I see you.
Speaker 1: Through each othing. I know for a long time, respected your work for a long long time.
Speaker 6: You remember the first time we were together, like in person, we were at the Emmys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both want Emmys for.
Speaker 2: You, no matter what I met you at because we both know of each other and we both holding him is like eh.
Speaker 1: But it's great to see you guys here.
Speaker 2: And I wanted you to take us back just a little bit because you guys have been working together for a long time now, and you have an interesting story. You were with DC United for a while and so and then you come together at a radio station and here you are now.
Speaker 3: Definitely now this is our eighth season.
Speaker 7: I believe so count seventh season season, seventh season that we've been part of the Spanish badcast team here with the Commanders, and now we're looking to, you know, make this year a better year, expand our horizon, get a little bit more recognition out there.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're here.
Speaker 3: You know, we were broadcasting the game and it'spinul.
Speaker 6: I want to make a quick point because sometimes people feel like this is brand new, it's not thanks done many many years ago, even before I got to Washington, DC from Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I believe the year was two thousand.
Speaker 7: It was the two thousand, eight thousand and nine season, and that was under the previous regime that owned the Spanish station.
Speaker 3: But that was Horandris that used to do this.
Speaker 6: So the thing about that time period is the fact that he looked back and the market wasn't truly ready.
Speaker 1: You had a lot of the first generation.
Speaker 6: Second generation Americans from Souvadorance, from Watermelons, Hondurans, Bolivians who were living here, who were just growing up and truly didn't understand or followed the game as much as they did today. We fast forward twenty twenty four. You have a large portion of the fan base that's Latino bi lingual, Spanish speaking, who follows the team, who has been with this team in good.
Speaker 4: And bad times. Yeah, just like us.
Speaker 6: It's dreaming and hoping that this is the beginning of a new era for Washington.
Speaker 4: And let's just talk about it, because we talked about it off air, all right. When it comes to lot te know in the NFL, what teams and why do they a tract to in the tests?
Speaker 1: Do you want to go there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We got. I know, we don't talk about the enemy. It's fine because I don't care who sales the NFL. As long as you attached to the game, that's all I care about.
Speaker 7: You know, they're good at marketing the enemy.
Speaker 3: The Jallas Cowboys definitely was.
Speaker 7: We're one of the first teams to reach out to international markets to actually sell their Spanish radio rights to Mexican City, Mexican City, so there's different stations in Mexico that are actually buying the broadcast and you know, spreading out the fan base over there in Mexico.
Speaker 6: In other words, before the NFL went global, going to Brazil, going to Germany, yeah, England, the Cowboys were already doing a great job. So my hat's off to them. We still don't like you, and we hope.
Speaker 2: For you.
Speaker 6: They were doing as a product, as the NFL product, they've done a great job. And we see other teams following suit. We see the now the La Rams that they chargers is because of the market. We also see the Raiders, who have an enormous fan base and credit to the San Francisco forty nine Ers also do an amazing job now in the East coast, perhaps Miami because of the because.
Speaker 4: Because because of location. Yeah, whether or not.
Speaker 7: Carolina Panthers also as well a great following as far as their Spanish podcast.
Speaker 6: And then I think now now us the Washington Commanders were we're doing a good job, and we we mentioned that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a secret.
Speaker 6: We have our own struggles and battles, but the fact that now we have the team behind us is the seventh season, and I know I can call Ryan for example, who's our immediate boss, and say we need this, that and that, and he picks up with the phone.
Speaker 1: He's like, I got you guys.
Speaker 4: Just the time we add in this new era. Yeah, makes it so excited.
Speaker 7: Definitely definitely, definitely exciting. And we're looking forward, like I said, to another season. And you know, we just want to spread the word out there that you can listen to us in Espanola and through the heart radio app most and.
Speaker 2: You know what, before we get to the Jets, we want to talk about this upcoming game.
Speaker 4: But also you.
Speaker 1: Guys are both Salvador in America.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also there's a huge cell with dorn population in this area specifically, so that's gonna be pretty rewarding.
Speaker 1: We get out to the team.
Speaker 6: Man, I've been trying to get I've been trying to get Terry a jersey for a long time, just from the South Don community because I think it would mean a lot, and I don't want to put it out there because somebody might take my idea too late. Now right, there's a couple of players that you know, we would like to give the jersey because it means so much like sometimes we don't understand when people in the community see it.
Speaker 1: And it could be also a boliviing.
Speaker 6: Jersey because I'm not trying to just highlight the Salvadir community. We have an enormous believing community in the DMV and sometimes it feels like or they feel like we don't pay attention to them. But with Juan and I coming on board, we've made we made it our mission to give them a voice. We go around the stadium, we speak to fans, and all of a sudden, somethings we get, Hey, I've been listening to you guys. You guys are doing a good job, but hey, don't forget about this, don't forget about that. So we come back to people like Ryan and we're like, hey, we're missing this. We need this, and we sit on the table with people who make calls and we tell them some of the some of our biggest issues.
Speaker 7: Like in general, DC areas considered a melting pot type of culture, but within the Hispanic community, we're also a melting pot because we have a lot of majority Central American. You're in Guatemalan, Salvadoran, but we definitely have Caribbean, Puerto Rican and Dominican. You just saw here in the summertime over there at Commander's Field when Columbia played full of Colombia's states.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was full.
Speaker 7: There's a large South American community here too, so we just want to represent all them, I think.
Speaker 6: And then just to close that point, you were mentioning, yeah, we're Salvadoran American. I was born in Los Angeles, Juana is from the DMV. I've been here for over twelve years. And the fact that you can represent an NFL team in Spanish or English, it doesn't matter. For us is mostly bilingual work we do. I think it's an honor because there is this is the biggest market where Salvadorans are the majority. There's more Savadorans in Los Angeles, but they're overshadowed by the Mexican population, which are a lot larger than most people in the US.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, But that's what we got with this gift of being with these mics, and now we get to connect everybody, no matter what form fashion, creed. We get to do it through words, and I think that's the most powerful thing we got. Correct.
Speaker 2: And also football is kind of a universal language when you're talking about cheering for a particular team. We're all hoping for the Burgundy and Gold to do well in Week two. But there's something about what is it about this Giants team, as bad as they are, because they're a bad football team, but when it comes to playing the Commanders.
Speaker 4: They got out of number, they got this giant and.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: Division on game. Yeah, Kwan always says that it's a division game. It doesn't matter where you're at in the standings. It's never complicated. And you would expect because for the past couple of years, we get to this game or like w and then all of a sudden, it's it's a lot more difficult than we expected or anticipated.
Speaker 3: I mean, you had last year the starting quarterback missed both games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we still lost to Vito. That's that's that's why we lost. It's like it's like it's like fighting your brother wrestling, and your brother he knows all your moves like this, This wrestle could last two days if we really wanted the last two days. So when you have a team that identified with all your flaws and all your good points, and that's why we always said in the NFC East, it don't matter. We show up two and ten, ten and two, we got your number, like we played Philly that way, like Philly doesn't like playing us, like, well, we don't like playing the Giants and the Cowboys don't like playing So it's it moves around, And I think that's the they would make football so good?
Speaker 7: Is that something that carries over you being let's say the majority of this team is new here, yeah this season? Yeah, as a player, do you does that? Does that come into mind?
Speaker 4: That That great, great question because a lot of these guys haven't played in these rivalries, so they can identify with the shortcomings of stuff like that. So I think it's a clean palate right there when it comes to this team, because think about it. On defense yesterday we literally brought back with thirty percent of the starters. We had seventy percent new players on the field. So you right, they're not caught up in the storm if we can't. And that's what I think. That's a good point for our team.
Speaker 6: But for the Giants it might be a different story. Daniel Jones is still there.
Speaker 4: He's still Daniel Jones there. I've won, yeah, versus us that this Daniel Jones record against.
Speaker 6: US, Daniel Jones against Washington.
Speaker 1: Elite, Yes, against team Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Different story story against everyone else. Maybe a backup black, but he has kept afloat, like taking on this commander's team. Did the Giants make a mistake in letting Saquon go, No question.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: I think soph game, Oh my god, no, of course.
Speaker 4: It makes me feel like when Christian McCaffery signed with the forty nine ers, Like it was like, Okay, now we got the icing on the cake. Now, how are you going to stop Philadelphia? They got a mobile running quarterback, they got one A and a one B wide receiver, they got a legit tight end in the best offensive line in football, and you put Saquon back there. Saquon who just played with the worst offensive line in football, and he was one percent totally offense. Now you can't on him. I'm sorry, I'm glad he's on my Fantasya said James.
Speaker 6: Is asking did they make a mistake in letting him go? I think they made two mistakes. You let him go and you kept Daniel Jones let him go to a divisional rival.
Speaker 4: That's the key. Well, you can't control what people when you live. Free agents once and then the teams that gonna actually recruit you the hardest, and free agents is the team that you played two years, I mean two times a year.
Speaker 3: You should have showed him the money earlier.
Speaker 4: You should have money.
Speaker 2: Talks well, especially to the One thing that fascinates me about it is that they say we don't want to overpay for this guy, which I understand that running backs don't have the value they used to.
Speaker 1: At the same time, this cat is all you have.
Speaker 4: I know they had.
Speaker 2: Elite neighbors now, but for years he's the only two you had on offense and now you're letting him go.
Speaker 1: So to me, who's gonna run the nobody?
Speaker 2: They I mean they looked moribund. Well he could think about it.
Speaker 4: It feels so good for our arrow to be pointed up and the Giants to just be flabagain, like they don't got a clue right now. I was going on think about it. They don't have their franchise quarterback. The coaches on the hot seat, ownership is wondering what's going on, But I can't get him this. They did put together a great defensive line. I think Thibadeau, Brian Burns and Lawrence that's a top tier defensive line. But as a totality, as a whole, they are just falling apart, and they feel so good to watch. I'm I'm basking in it because for so long we was in the pits. Not so much no more.
Speaker 3: But we gotta beat him today.
Speaker 4: No, no, we got you. So how do we do that? Do you think it's just a clean game from Jane Daniels? Do you think defense has to really show up and make Daniel Jones look like Daniel Jones and not the superhero he always looked like.
Speaker 7: I always thought that going into the season the offense was going to be a work in progress rookie quarterback, So I'm more curious to see how our defense responds back.
Speaker 3: Plus you know, they know, they know the Giants offense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, being in the division so long as far as Quinn and yeah, our defensive corners, so yeah, I think it's more about the defense, how they respond.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the special teams. But we'll be home this week and I think that'll be the difference for the first time. He'll be to hear the calls because I think we won't to go up tempo, but we couldn't do it because of the crowd noise.
Speaker 6: You have to you have to have your leader step up as well. We saw flashes of Dron Payin and Jonathan Allen where they almost had a big play, But you need you need more of that from everybody. That's crucial if we're talking about this team moving in the right direction. There's probably some miscommunication at points where we saw wide receivers wide open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the deep pass, they did not Sander Steel and Kwan, they did not communicate their box call that they needed to stop that bunch. Anytime you get in bunch. We go four against three right there, and we called it a box because we got a guy inside high, a guy on the outside high, and two guys low. They did not community.
Speaker 1: I'm more on the emotional side.
Speaker 6: So I'm calling stuff as I see it, and I'm like, we're not doing this. We need to cover, you know, section of the field, or we're miscommunicating here and there. And then Juan's probably the more. He's the voice of reasons, reasoning. Calm down, bro, it's only week one.
Speaker 4: It's over.
Speaker 6: And then I stop and I think about it, and I'm like, you're right. And then I go online, which you shouldn't do. No, you should not, and you meet the comments and the thing is, guys, let's let's let's shill for a bit. Right, it's week one. We have a new we have a new coach. Yes, we have a rookie quarterback. So we still need to build that chemistry. And the preseason, right, they don't really play with We don't see the full squad. We see several plays. So when we get to week six or seven, Dan, you can.
Speaker 4: Panic expectations and see the week one is just paralysis by over analysis. Like everybody team that lost, we're thinking about next year and the team that won, we going to the super Bowl. No, it ain't going like that. Like so at the end of the day, you can't get over emotional. Just what I say, emotional thugs need hugs, So I'm a hug. I'm gonna hug these people.
Speaker 7: Hurt your most shut and put my darnold for m v P.
Speaker 4: No, you should not yet, because that's what people are doing right now. Think about it. The Patriots won yesterday. Do you think they fan base actually think they going to the Super Bowl? No, there's always one. There's always one. They're just emotional.
Speaker 6: So we talk about the defensive side. On the offensive side, we have to get our boy Terry mcloin more involved.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say they didn't target him untilate.
Speaker 4: You to make sure that the hand temper if he goes out on the road and try to force feed Terry, that's when turnovers happen. Like especially when you got a Tempa Bay defense. They're saying they got Terry mcloughan this, they're gonna try to get the ball to Now. The one thing I could say Jade did do he left with no turnovers, no turnover. There was a clean game. Most rookies don't start a year off with a clean game. So if we got any plus no turnovers, if I forced feed tearor Terry, Terry that's when the turnovers happening. So I'm saying, let the game come to him and him and terror connection. It'll get there because on that deep ball to start coming out of the third quarter, they an inch away and that's how it takes his reps.
Speaker 3: Agreed, definitely.
Speaker 7: Also, I think Austin Eckler might should have gotten involved, think a little bit earlier yesterday as well. Yeah, once he got some touches, you saw the the offense start to move.
Speaker 3: But be rob also be robbed.
Speaker 4: Heck of a job by be robbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there wasn't much There wasn't much space.
Speaker 6: You're on the car and then Juan's call him them a thunder and lightning was a good combo.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When we when we.
Speaker 6: Talk about the positives and you see that, I'm like, all right, I like what I see from these two guys, but I'm gonna chill he a little bit my emotions. But there were the two leading receivers and that's something I don't want to see. I want to see my my star players, Terry McLaurin be more involved. And the reason why I said that, you're you're absolutely right with your say is only week one in chemistry, but we also have to look at the overall product. And Terry has been he's been here for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: It's all Terry. Yeah, it was in a great bar.
Speaker 1: He made play.
Speaker 6: So we need to find a way to get him more involved in the offense.
Speaker 1: Let's not force it right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a sweet spot. He has to be a priority. Yeah, it's a sweet spot. And I like what b Robb did. One thing I like with b rob did was he inflicted punishment yesterday, Like I saw three guys walk out the game after taking him. That's and that's what you love because then he gonna bend him to his wheel and now you use Jane Daniels speed and now you use an Echler. So I think we're gonna get there. But I don't think you start out an area, an era, a new era by peaking, Like you don't want to say we peaked in week one. We want to peak in week eleven, week twelve, Like we want to see this thing grow. Like when you plan a seed, it's just not it's not gonna just start a band fruit. It's gonna take a while. It has to grow.
Speaker 6: And Coachetta during his press conference these are part of the growing pains and if you want to get better, if you want to evolve as a team, you have to go through this part of the season right where it was not exactly what we wanted as part of the fan base.
Speaker 1: We want to win. We want to.
Speaker 6: Right now, right now, give Terry seven targets for one hundred.
Speaker 1: You know you want three touchdown from Jayden.
Speaker 4: That's not realistic, that's not realist. Come on, guys, we're from the old school. You remember when Grandma was in there cooking their food, putting the love in their food. It took her all day, right, she in there for hours. But we in the microwavee society now we like to push the but get the food. But that food ain't got no love in it. It's shallows, it's hollow.
Speaker 3: It's like my daughter right now she watches YouTube. You just go on to the next thing.
Speaker 7: We had to sit the commercial breaks, cartoons, cartoon.
Speaker 4: You want to wait for Saturday to come wake up early Saturday morning with the bowl of cereal and watch those CODs.
Speaker 2: And when you think about Jane Daniels, I know there was so much hype around that, but you talk about patients look around the league.
Speaker 4: Caleb Williams struggled.
Speaker 2: Yes, Nick's tattoo fixed against Seattley rookies like rookies, that happens. And also when you think about the preseason and what we've seen, these guys aren't facing exotic looks, No, not facing blitzes. These defenses aren't rolling out what they're gonna do during your regular season. So it only makes sense that once the real game set, you're gonna see a little bit of regression as these guys learn the game.
Speaker 4: And that's why I tell people to temper your expectations so you're not let down, Like, whatever good comes out of this season, take that good and let's grow from net. But if you draw on the line in the saying and said, you know what, it ain't a successful season if we don't go nine and eight seven.
Speaker 2: And I like that voice, by the way, it gets deeper right there, you know, my narrative voice.
Speaker 1: So how important is it's only Week two?
Speaker 2: But it is a divisional game, it is the home opener, and certainly there's a lot of room for improvement. So how much impetus do you put on a good performance in week two?
Speaker 7: Well, considering you haven't won a home game since the last home opener last year.
Speaker 3: You pretty much you kind of have to win this.
Speaker 4: I think you have that. That was a hurt reminder.
Speaker 7: You have to set the tone early. You have to set the tone early that you want to protect your home field. I think it's a crucial game for that.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think you have to win at home.
Speaker 6: And you just bought something we don't want to talk You bought something up that we don't want to talk about. But I believe that you have to take advantage of the fact that it is the Giants and they're going you know, they're pointing down and Washington's pointing up, and it's your first game of the season.
Speaker 1: You have to make.
Speaker 6: Sure that you make these home games count and make your home of fortress.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we need the fans to take back the stadium first of all, So it's start with the fans. But also this is emotional game that we need to win for the fans because it's just like I said, this black cloud when it comes to the Giants game, where the fans walk in like I already know we're gonna lose, this is a chance for them to switch that narrative to say, you know what, No, we're over the giant hump. Let's move on to something that I think.
Speaker 6: I think it's up to the team to be honest. I wouldn't put it on the fan base because you saw nine hundred Commanders fan in Florida at them, Yeah right in Florida, something we haven't seen in many years.
Speaker 1: So they're there.
Speaker 6: It's just selling you it's a sleeping giant ready to wake up. If the team can do their work to begin to start the season, I think you'll see more fans stop selling the tickets and giving them away to the enemy.
Speaker 4: And this way I said to Phase, do not take that money, go get it. If you don't go to the game, give it to your neighbor. Let your neighbor take the kid to the game.
Speaker 3: This is the good weather games too.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna give it a better than this fall weather.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get no better than this perfect weather. Perfect weather.
Speaker 2: And we're looking forward to maybe first one of the season, first one in a while at a Northwest stadium.
Speaker 1: Yea, one more thing.
Speaker 6: We're celebrating Hispanic heritage on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my following season.
Speaker 6: It's a very important game for the Latino community. The NFL has done a great job promoting Hispanic heritage across the board.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we else.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not selling anything, but I want to show people.
Speaker 4: T shirt. Yes, taught it to the party because for your smooth head one three weeks ago you already know. Yeah, they sweet. I love them.
Speaker 6: Our friend Josue who's the designer of this shirt. The name of his company, I believes Corintoo is a town, a small town, Invadar. Oh really, if you ever wonder what is Corinto.
Speaker 3: Corinto is.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cool.
Speaker 6: Next vacation, we're gonna we're gonna take care of you.
Speaker 1: You'll get some.
Speaker 4: No, I want to go and enjoy the culture. That's what I Hey, it's a mess.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're doing pretty good right now. So you should definitely visit.
Speaker 7: Uh So, you can get this shirt at his store in the National Harbor, right and you also can do it.
Speaker 4: You can also get it.
Speaker 3: Supposedly they're gonna be at the team store also.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are gonna be a Team store at the State Northwest.
Speaker 6: This is how you show that you care about your fan base. And I think, like we've said, earlier. The new this new regime has really, you know, honed in on the fact that we're trying to bring them in. Some of the surveys that I saw a couple of seasons goal set than over twenty five percent of the fan base is Spanish speaking by linguos and AA femos. From the dmv SO episode, that tells you a lot.
Speaker 4: They way to represent babe. That's what it's about.
Speaker 2: These guys do a great job on the Spanish broadcast. To the Commanders Games guys, thanks for in here.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah, I appreciate it anytime.
Speaker 6: Brother, we want that meaning for that.
Speaker 2: Always great having those guys on and a reminder, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Call us on the house. Oh it was hey, listen, that interview was so fun fun.
Speaker 1: I love those guys.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear the messages that gets left. Oh, they're coming, and I can't wait. Voicemails are coming.
Speaker 2: Call us seven O three seven two six seven four one nine. Here's my impression once again to the voicemails.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, what's up, smooth?
Speaker 3: Love the podcast.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Jinks?
Speaker 1: All right, man, here's a question for you.
Speaker 4: I get it's a lot of those in there tricks. We love you, smooth bood. It happens, man, I get it. Man, it's a part of you.
Speaker 1: The start just happened to be here.
Speaker 4: No, we are team brother, I got That's what we are. We are a team brother. They'll never stopped.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to be a third stringer.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, At the end of the day, you only as good as the person the fifty third person on the roster. That's the last person on the roster.
Speaker 1: Man, I gotta talk to you about seat Geek for a second.
Speaker 2: Please do Commander's fans, the twenty twenty four season is here, and seat Geek is here to help.
Speaker 4: You experience all of the action.
Speaker 2: They make it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Doesn't matter if you're buying your selling tickets to Commanders football games or any other live event in DC. Seat Geek is the place to do it. The official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected seat Geek.
Speaker 4: That's just a great intro to what we're doing, so I should just change it. From nerd alert to geek alert. Geek alert, geeker, are you geeking out? Using I checked this out? Okay, it's these spiders in the UK right this They literally they call fern ref spiders. Okay, their biggest rats and they eat fish. Did you hear what I said?
Speaker 1: Okay, how are these fish coming out of the water?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, these spiders Okay, fern is what they fern raft spiders. They are biggest rats. I don't know if they New York rats are Atlanta rat, but their biggest rats and they eat fish and they are coming back from extinction. They are they are exploding in Europe right now. So if you're going to Europe, they need to be extinct. Again. No, they're not extinct. They sound like a prehistoric dragon. Yes, but they're huge. Watch out for them. If you going to the UK, tell them friends smooth censure. Next. Oh, okay, you got another one. No no, no, I'm asking like you still got questions about these spiders.
Speaker 2: My question is this, If they're eating fish, are these dudes going like into the water from the beach.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, they're going in there. They're not just going to the fish marketing and knocking on the door.
Speaker 5: Disgusting.
Speaker 4: It is disgusting. It is part two God of geek alert. All right, did you not know this? Crows? The birds not only hole grudges, they tell their friends and family about the grudges. And now their friends have grudges on you also. So basically crows. I like my aunt ties this so my aunt Tie's a crow.
Speaker 2: Essentially, the real housewives, the real Housewives of the Potomac crows new.
Speaker 1: They look at her.
Speaker 4: So now every time I see a crow, I'm gonna look up, like, does that crow hate me? And if it hates me, did he go tell his wife friend a brother that it hates me? So now it hates me too? Yes, And they say their memory to the point that they hold grudges over time.
Speaker 2: Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna walk out a crow like on a telephone. Wise, we one stret that crow, and then a week lady can walk by and be.
Speaker 1: Like five of them look at you.
Speaker 4: We all hate you, right like, we all hate you. Listen, that's what you gotta do when your geek out. Baby, that's a good little geek quarter.
Speaker 1: I like that all right. Time to bring her in Anna.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody ready for your voicemails.
Speaker 1: Let's go right.
Speaker 5: Here's the first one.
Speaker 4: MM and smooth.
Speaker 8: Po J from Stafford, Virginia. I'm calling the cud heirs.
Speaker 4: Of all smooth.
Speaker 8: Tell me how you tell about Seleen Dion versus Whitney Houston's the great number two I want to know about.
Speaker 1: It's so.
Speaker 8: Do you know about and how would he performed at to day's game?
Speaker 6: QP o J.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I appreciate that's a Selene.
Speaker 4: Could I ask you? So? Did Selene saying the national anthem before at any event?
Speaker 2: No, she's Canadian, She's probably saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought she was from like Montreal or.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but can she sing super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Did she sing at Paris? Paris?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, like, it's just Whitney had these moments, these historical moments.
Speaker 1: I think that's it.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying, Yes, Like I can't separate them singing because a great voice is a great voice. Yes, So then it's like who had the moments? I think Whitney had these moments, this Kevin Costner, this this more economy moments. That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, because voice wise, it's a toss up right there, So I have to go Whitney because of the moments.
Speaker 4: What say you, jix I would say, Man, it's tough.
Speaker 2: You can't sleep on Slen, So I'm like, voice wise, I can't make a call. But Whitney just seems more iconic because of the national ends, because of the bodyguard.
Speaker 4: The bodyguard, but did it? Yeah, And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Dolly Parton is a boss, right yep, most Dan when she remade I Will Always Love You. You don't remake that song unless you can nail it, and she took it to her own level.
Speaker 4: So I feel like she's more iconic unless you Luther van Draus because I went years of my life thinking all of Luther's songs were original. No, none of them, none of Luthor took your song and song it better than you to the point where we didn't even know it was your song. Yes, that's what it is. Pistoo Pete Merrivich. Yes he could play today, damn right, because he was a shooter before it was actually cool to shoot the ball from deep. Did you just know Caitlan Knk broke his record this year? I mean not this year. Last year he was the all time score with dout a three point line. I was gonna say that exactly with dout a three point line. So could he play? Yes, Now, what would be his weak point today? Defense? That's what it is. But Steph Curry ain't the most defensive player in the league. So yes, Pistol Pete could most definitely play in this generation. Hands that was and.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. And also he was a great playmaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you watch the old highlights of Pistol Pete, not only could he shoot him yeah, going down the corner of the break, behind the back passes. No, Look, he was a showman in every sense of the word. He would absolutely fit in today's Yeah, hey, fellows.
Speaker 9: Y'all talked about Jordan's and Lebron, but y'all left out Bobie being Black Mamba Brian in your conversation about about who is that he coached? Booby has more rings, Bobi had a better work ethic. No, why did y'all not compare on one two with the Black Mamba? H I love y'all self watching it right now as you probably hear in the background. But anyway, you don't have a very blessed day, and I'm looking forward to yours next show.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that. All right, all right, First of all, I am a Kobe fan. Let's get that. Let's get that all out the way. I am a Kobe Bean Bryant fan. He is my favorite basketball player. Now, when I talk about Jordan and Lebron, lebron longevity, trump's both of them. Lebron came out as more of a Magic Johnson type player than a Jordan. Kobe. As much as I love him, he's a clone of Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: He he styled his game after specifically talk everything You've ever seen the Super Cup where they put Jordan and Kobe side by side.
Speaker 4: It's the exact same movement. Zach so One graft his game out the way. He field was the goat, So therefore I can't make him the goat if you know what I mean. Lebron's longevity, Lebron's championships. Lebron leads in points. He's the all time points leader. Neither Kobe or Jordan did that. Lebron gonna be top three in rebounds and assists. I'm sorry, Like I'm not biased. I lived in the generation of the nineties, I know what Jordan is. Jordan is the bigger Icon, Yes he is. What he did for basketball cannot be quantified. But Lebron right now is the goat over MJ. I knew we was gonna break read, listen over MJ. And I'm only saying this because of the records and where he where he lands at in all of this. Yes, like the one thing we cannot take away from Mike six championships. Never lost one. But that's when it stops. That's when it stops because one just played longer than other one. And I can't take that away from Lebron.
Speaker 1: This is tough, first of all, to address Kobe.
Speaker 2: Kobe's a straight up killer, yes, just like MJ, which is what I love about them and Lebron. Look, these are all brilliant basketball players. Yes, but the one thing I say about Jordan's two things. Number one is Jordan played in an era where defense was at a premium. Yes, we was dropping thirty points a game when the final scores were.
Speaker 1: Like ninety five.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember a quote from Sam Cassell, and he was saying, when we played Michael and he came down the lane, we tried to kill it.
Speaker 1: Yes they did, they did. And not only that.
Speaker 2: People forget at the height, I mean, at the height of MJ's career.
Speaker 1: This cat took you two years off to play baseball.
Speaker 4: It's his pinnacle. Hey, but guess what he stumped? And he stumped baseball and you got realize Michael is one of my favorite people. When I first got to d C, Bruce s Mill was taking me everywhere. And guess who he had me running with? Michael Jordan. Yes, your boy that ran with Michael Jordan. Got memories with Michael Joydan, Yes I do. I ain't gonna tell nobody about it, but memories with Michael Jordan. So I'm closer to Michael than I am Kobe O. Lebron. But I can't. I can't let my favoritism get in this. The icon of the NBA A is Michael here is the ultimate icon. Lebron cannot be how should I say be little because we love Michael so much. If I'm looking at like this, if we did a non picture and just put up numbers, stats, who you're.
Speaker 2: Picking well, and then well then you're getting into nuance, right, Because I feel like Lebron is probably the is the most well rounded basketball player all the time, without questions.
Speaker 4: He can do it all.
Speaker 2: But when I talk about a guy, if I had one person on the planet, I want the ball in this guy's hands with the game on the line, It's either Kobe but MJ always.
Speaker 1: Because MJ always character all. He just didn't lose when it was on the light.
Speaker 4: We didn't. We just talked about Whitney, Houston and iconic moments. Is it that Jordan has more iconic moments than Lebron? Yeah? Probably? Yeah, the crossover in Utah where we watched him push Russell iron Russell to the sun. Excuse me, I have a game to go in. Is it a he hit the three in against the Kevalis and that's what gatorade commercial was made. Is the Are we a prisoner of these iconic moments? Are we?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: And when you talk about work ethic, I know we mentioned work ethic. You have to remember when Space Jam is being filmed, part of the agreement that MJ had was all right, but you have to build me a gym because when I'm not when I'm not participating in this movie, when I'm not acting, yeah, I'm working out. And that's how he stayed in shape and remained at the top of his game while also shooting a very iconic film.
Speaker 4: So is that another reason why we won't make Lebron the Goat? Because he's stunk up space jams? His version did it?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't good. It wasn't good. And should he have tried to one up there? Should he had just left it alone?
Speaker 1: He should have done his own movie.
Speaker 4: Should Yeah, he should have just did jam in the middle of the Earth for something. He should have went the opposite direction. I think he should have and I think were holding it agains him because hes stunck up space jam. And we have one more.
Speaker 10: That was all for this week. Keep believing your calls, you guys. We love hearing them. We weren't able to feature everybody, but keep calling in. Maybe you'll get to be featured next week.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Seven O three seven two six seven four one night. Now we can play a game, right, yes?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So I have a game concept and also opening this up to the fans. If you guys have a game concept, drop them below in the comments.
Speaker 5: We want to hear them.
Speaker 10: So this game concept, it's basically twenty questions, but you're a part you're thinking of, like, I'm either a person, a character, a football player. It could be somebody, you know, it could be a celebrity, it could be anybody, and we have to ask yes or no questions to get to who it who it is. I think we'll probably be we can be a little more descriptive I think in our answers so that the fans feel engaged.
Speaker 5: We'll just see how this one goes.
Speaker 4: Almost definitely, and I want to challenge the fans to Jeopardy. I'm the best Jeopardy player in the world. Oh, I challenge anybody.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna say they see you in the world, in the world, in the world, create in the world.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Who wants who wants to kick it off?
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 5: Let's go, right, Fred, So are you a man or a woman?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: Oh, you have to pull from the car.
Speaker 4: I fin the same you had. I'm not your asking for that person. I was like, I'm like, am I like I had? You're like, this is just a mit meg all right, I got the card up. All right, ask your question again.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you a man or a one?
Speaker 4: I am a man?
Speaker 5: Did you play football?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Do you still play in the league right now?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, I made this card, So James, we're gonna let you take it from there.
Speaker 4: I'm still in the league. I'm gonna give you another hint. I'm on the way better team, a way better team. Okay, it could be Johan. I mean, I hate to say it, but butt like this, you're getting close.
Speaker 5: It's the team in the NFC East.
Speaker 4: Yes, well it's got yes you okay.
Speaker 5: All right, you want to go. I'm a man, you're a man, So you're a man?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did you play football?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Are you still in the league?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: Okay, godam what you need to take it from here?
Speaker 4: You're not in the league and not in the league. Give me a hint.
Speaker 1: Still very much involved in the game, but not the pro game.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, Dean Sanderson, you got it.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's good. All right.
Speaker 5: You guys can ask me a question.
Speaker 4: Oh did we pull the cart? Man? Are a woman?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Are you still in the league? Are you a coach? Were you ever in the league?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you have a mustache?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Come on, mustage take out? So you was a coach in the league. Did you ever know you played?
Speaker 5: You played?
Speaker 4: Tom Brady, did you ever.
Speaker 1: Played Fred Smooth in a way, in a way.
Speaker 4: In the club? Howm I be a question and called out so much so they played with me in a way. Maybe they played against you? All right, maybe they did, but we know it. Ain't tell them, Brady tom Light. Were they in the nfcas.
Speaker 11: Yes, Eli Manny Brandon, Jacobs, Fletcher, Lennon Fletcher.
Speaker 5: No, but this person played with London in Washington, so.
Speaker 4: It got to be Santanna and Sharon Taylor, Clint Porter's.
Speaker 1: Laron Landry Nope, Chris Cooley.
Speaker 10: Nope, going on Christ on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 4: Okay, Delangelo Hall nope, Marcus Washington, LaVar Arrington, Adam Archiletta, Philip.
Speaker 5: Dannon, he was a DV.
Speaker 4: Ryan Clark, Blue Shun Springs.
Speaker 2: God, it's frid me, Come on, God, no wonder we would have never yet did he play with Red.
Speaker 5: Like sort of.
Speaker 1: In away?
Speaker 4: No, no wonder.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know who this is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I was flabby.
Speaker 10: Gas, you're your own competition, That's what I was meaning by.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, let's see what we got. All right, Oh, this one is great right here? Okay, ask the questions. I am a woman.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know who it is, Jenks. I'm sending it over to you. You guys, I produced the show.
Speaker 4: I have listen. I got you Jeeks. All right, all right, we was at a charade woman. Everybody knows Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: I was like Anna plus everybody knows.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, okay, I'll move us along because this game kind of worked, but it's great.
Speaker 5: One of the cards I got is your Oh. I was going to move on to our quick college football.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: I had a card with the topic of Arch Manning.
Speaker 4: Okay, Arch, we can't talk about Arch.
Speaker 2: Why Because the man playing in front of Arch is the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Texas just whipped Michigan in the big House. Arch didn't play a snap and Quinn Yours is the favorite to win the Heisman. I love Arch, but Quinn Yours is arguably the best quarterback in college football right now.
Speaker 4: Quinn Oors is d step child in this situation. I'm sorry, what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: This guy's gonna be a first round draft pick. He is.
Speaker 4: But Arch Manning is the darling of campus. He is football Royty. He is named after his granddad. He is arch Manning. If we went on campus right now and walked up to arch man in the house is bigger than quinn Or's house. And we walked on campus and Yale arch ten thousand people turn around and we need Quinn. People keep walking to class. I love you Quinn, Love you Quinn. I'm just telling you it's arch world and Quinn is living in Let me just say it's from a football perspective, there has been one team, one quarterback since nineteen seventy nine and nineteen.
Speaker 1: Eighty to beat Georgia and Michigan on the road in back to back years. That is Quinn yours.
Speaker 4: You can sell me a tird with sugar on it. It don't make it a Snickers. I'll be waiting. It's a third.
Speaker 1: He's gonna win a high schoan.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, yeah, Schnoor. Sanders needs to get it together. Colorado left the field early and now in the post game Freshcotge you blame your offensive line.
Speaker 4: It's not a good look. See see what's going on in Colorado is expectations have been put in unrealistic territory. Colorado was a mess, like you don't clean messes up overnight. But see, Deanna is this hurricane and this hurricane just came through here and swept through the city. So everything with Colorado Colorado. Oh, they steal Colorado. They still Colorado. They still need offensive lineman, they need defensive lineman. This is not a lie. They're not good in the trenches.
Speaker 1: But you know you can't call out your old lineman like I know it.
Speaker 4: And Travis Hunter is basically show hey, your tony of college football can do it all. All right, he can do it all. But they selling dreams in Colorado. They selling both.
Speaker 1: Nick's dreams in Colorado.
Speaker 4: They selling Chador dreams in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Because I'm here's here's my thing. I'm confused.
Speaker 10: I'm a Colorado grid here of course. So that's why we we love Deon. But with the recruiting process, I think Dion was supposed to help.
Speaker 4: He is happy now that the problem was wrong with Colorado. He'll go to think about it as an SEC specialist of the NIL and what's going on compared to you know, the SEC. The Texas is in the world, the a and ems, the Georgia's Colorado is broke.
Speaker 2: They're not people are assuming and wrong now he's one of some good players. People are assuming and wrongfully so that just because he's coached prime, all these recruits are flocking to.
Speaker 4: He's about money. Yes, in Colorado, don't got a lot of it to just give out. So guess what that means. Another team goes in here and get Riola, Nebraska's quarterback that looks like Patrick Mahomes. All right, I played against his dad. Now, it's all about the have and the have nots. That's what college football is. And I'm sorry if we had to line these teams up Colorado, it's with the have notts. I'm sorry to you know, tell everybody that that's what it is. And even this storm that Dion Sanders cannot rectify that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying, and I said this earlier today, but if your quarterback is leaving the field early and you're blaming the old line, he was hurt, wasn't he.
Speaker 4: Nah, he just wanted to His feelings was hurt.
Speaker 1: His feelings were hurt. Now, that is a rot. If you're winning, you pull that off. But if you're losing, that is a rot you gotta take up because if you.
Speaker 2: Already have holes in the old line, and then You're like, wait a second, we're trying to protect this dude.
Speaker 1: He's taking shots at us. Yeah, that's not gonna lead to better protection.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not. You gotta take care of your office alignment. But if your office alivemate ain't take care of you. At one point, I gotta put your own blast. All right, God, I've been to asking me many time. What happened back there too? Toe you up? Where was my DNA? Alright? Did we get in the pressure on mcnail?
Speaker 1: Did you say it publicly?
Speaker 4: Sometime? Right before we go? What's the beef? Who you beefing with?
Speaker 1: What's your beef this week?
Speaker 4: I hate people that you know. First of all, let's talk about this the car of the all right, every generation has a car. Then if you buy it, you automatically a jinx and.
Speaker 1: It is typing down edits lighting them down as we speak.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry it is right. During the nineties, if a guy bought a Ford Mustang job onint oh oh yeah, all right, that mean he gonna drive fast for no reason all the time. All right, fast forward to today, twenty twenty four, the car is the Tesla. I'm sorry, we know your car is fast. You don't have to show us every time. I can't get on the highway without somebody shoot pass me in the Tesla. I can't be in the city somebody shoot pass me into Tesla. We understand. Elon Musk made it fast and let your car so what. You don't have to drive it that fast. I am sick and tired Tesla drivers. Yeah, I said it very good.
Speaker 1: Control your kids, Control your children.
Speaker 2: I was at a Texas Michigan watch party on Saturday.
Speaker 1: We're outside all the Texas exits are in DC. We got TVs everywhere. The Texas Exites put streamers balloons up.
Speaker 2: I see these kids, two kids walking by, right, Yeah. This kid decides he wants the balloons that were just put up, right Yeah. He starts chewing on the ribbon attached to the balloon, takes them. I'm like, there's a rod party.
Speaker 4: They just put those.
Speaker 1: This kid is gnawing on them like some sort of like feral animals.
Speaker 4: Did you look for his mom and daddy? Like were you looking around? So I was like.
Speaker 2: And I was like, we see some of these kids. And I was like, now I'm not gonna do anything. And I was like, maybe it's just me and this woman and Ziver.
Speaker 1: She goes, hey, what.
Speaker 4: Are those kids doing?
Speaker 2: Oh, they weren't done. I turned around and we're outside. All of a sudden, I hear this. This same kid is on the hood of a car walking around.
Speaker 4: Baby. He's looking he's doing this and going. I'm like, well, I'm glad he got the whole time, But you're in someone.
Speaker 1: You're on someone's hood, right, And I'm looking around, like, where are the parents? And then I guess he got into his parents' car. A few cars down the line. He starts honking the horn. I'm like, yo, parents, he was control your kids.
Speaker 4: He was an irrantant from the door. He came here to crash this party. This kid he's a future fan. Oh god, he sounds like he's a future Philadelphia Eagles fan. But by the way he acts all right, he seemed like his parents are just prepping him to be the most oxious fan of all time.
Speaker 5: How old was he?
Speaker 3: Six or seven?
Speaker 4: Oh? They're raising him like they stored him off early. He probably had a tattoo. This kid's gonna be in jail by note. He had a tattoo of evil.
Speaker 1: I think I saw a tattoo God control. Yes, all right, that's it for the get.
Speaker 4: We just got loud.
Speaker 1: That's my guy friend's but I'm Michael Jenkins. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.