Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and no Hee Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Democrats are going to push back aggressively to make sure that we have fair maps across the country, not partisan jerry mandering which Republicans have initiated in state after state after state.
Speaker 4: Wow, I know, I know, the great race to the bottom of jerry mandering, with each side saying this makes us sad, But we're only doing it because we have to because the evildoers on the other side have done it first.
Speaker 5: How are grown ups not in charge of all of this? Are patriots not in charge? Patriots who like, I'm a Democrat, you're a Republican, But we're both patriots and we both know that Illinois is jerrymandered to death, and Massachusetts's jerry mander to death, and now Texas is trying to do it. How about we do away with jerry mandering the best we can in all states.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's tough, man self.
Speaker 4: Governance is tough in the modern age because, like California is a great example, came up with a really solid looking, nonpartisan independent districting commission featuring lots of citizens, and but the Democrats, because it's one party state, gained it immediately and got control of it by lying about who was who and the rest of them.
Speaker 5: Which is why while Republicans represent about forty percent of the votes in California, they only have about eighteen percent of the representation in Congress. So it's already not fair. This new may argue that this new map, and that's about in line with tech what Texas is now. By the way, so Texas caught up to California in terms of them disenfranchising Democrats in the way that they had done Republicans California even but now Republican Now California's going to take it another step and get it down around five percent. So you have forty percent of the votes in California, Republicans will have five percent of the representation after next Tuesday, when our moronic electorate goes to the polls and votes for this stupid prop correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my home state of Illinois.
Speaker 4: It's brutally hilariously Jerry manderd it's funny.
Speaker 2: HACKEM. Jeffreys doesn't mention that, but he must have forgotten.
Speaker 5: How do you have flipping do that with a straight face. Where are the patriots? That's the right word. We need to stop saying Republicans and Democrats and look for patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah boy, I love that. Love that.
Speaker 4: Somebody put that on the internet, or tattoo it on your chest, or jot it down to something. Put it next to our arms strong with this statement of the day.
Speaker 5: Put it next to my big Nazi tattoo I've had on my chest ever since that one night in Bangkok.
Speaker 2: Come on now, Oh, we're all young ones.
Speaker 4: So here's retch rich Edson on Fox News talking about this whole thing.
Speaker 6: The congressional redistricting wave has arrived in Indiana. Governor Mike Brawn's announcing he is quote calling a special legislative session to protect Hoosiers from efforts in other states that seek to diminish their voice in Washington. Following a push from the White House, Indiana is among about a dozen states considering new congressional districts.
Speaker 2: The Democrats have done it long before we started.
Speaker 5: They've done it all over the place.
Speaker 6: Last week, Virginia Democrats announced plans to redraw their commonwealth's congressional districts to add as many as three more Democrats to the House of Representatives, an issue now in the governor's race.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 7: What we are seeing today is the worst kind of political backtracking, an attempt to grab power by erasing the voter's voice.
Speaker 2: How far are we going to self righteous statements wear me out?
Speaker 5: How far are we going to take it? So Texas will get to the point where it's all the House members are Republicans and Democrats in California will be one of the House members, and every state will just be if you have the majority, you don't allow any of the other party to have a representative. I guess that's where we're going with our Jerry Mendry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I don't know where this ends. You ever been to Indiana, Michael, No, never. You're a native Californian, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I am yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Indiana Dunes got sunburned several times there. In fact is my dermatologist cuts various things out of me. I can probably attribute several of them to the Indiana Dunes. Southern Indiana is beautiful, it's absolutely gorgeous, and larry birds from Indiana.
Speaker 2: So ends my welcome to India I.
Speaker 5: Went to a course game once in Indianapolis, coach, and it's the only indoor NFL game I've ever been to. Been too pretty appealing, sitting there in your T shirt, perfect temperature. Oh yeah that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Not yeah nice.
Speaker 5: Anyway that we want to hear from Arnold on this, we do.
Speaker 2: Jake Tapper was talking to Arnold.
Speaker 1: I just love Indiana.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Arnold Schutzenegger, who was reverting back to and I remember how attractive he was as a candidate, a Republican and a conservative in a lot of ways, but a reasonable guy who was willing to compromise and talk to other people.
Speaker 5: And he's got the big neck and the ten and the movie started and all that sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the maid don't forget the mate.
Speaker 4: But then he overreached and the Unions beat the crap out of him, and he gave up and just became an annoyance.
Speaker 2: But anyway, here he is with Jake Tapper.
Speaker 9: As you acknowledged, this all started because of redistricting in Texas, and this was Trump pushing Republican controlled states to throw out their current congressional maps so as to cook the book so that there is less it is less likely for Democrats to retake control of the House during the next year mid terms. I mean, is it fair to argue that if you believe that the Republican Party is starting.
Speaker 8: This, No, Jake, there has been cherrymandering going on for two hundred years. There is such such extreme cherry mandering going on. They're in a state like Massachusetts, it has like forty of the puper voting for Trump. They only had they have seer representative. The Republican Party has Serra representatives.
Speaker 2: Sent to the House.
Speaker 8: Think about that. In New Mexico have forty five percent of the puper voted for Trump and voted Republican and zerril is sent to the House zero representative from the Republican Party. So there's cherrymandering, crazy cherrymandering going on all over the country.
Speaker 2: Jake Hillbridge Gary signed the effing Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 4: It's named after him. Jacob Blanken, Ignoramus. Hey, Jake Tapper, you just lost a debate to an Austrian body building or congratulations, so.
Speaker 5: You tell me this.
Speaker 2: Jake Tapper actually not know that.
Speaker 5: Well, the Republicans started this, didn't they? Are you serious? You can't be serious. I mean, that was ten minutes researching jerry mandering. You wouldn't make that statement.
Speaker 4: Well, and Jake, he didn't even phrase it as Democrats are saying.
Speaker 2: Republic No, he just stated it. Everybody knows the Republican.
Speaker 4: You know, he's lucky, Michael that Arnold didn't lose his temper right because we know how how angry he gets.
Speaker 2: And you know, but I hope you live en up room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach. And I don't know what in the interview. Yeah, I don't know how you would respond to that. You're gonna Arnold wasn't done.
Speaker 8: I think this whole thing about finger pointing and said they did it, it's aid defhobition doing it. That's not really the way to go. Did one party should outperform the other party? It should be performance. And when he comes to mitchrom elections, as you know, always the party is not in the White House usually wins, but twenty twenty five thirty seeds. So what does five seats matter in the first place? In Texas? It is crazy should outperformed them? That is what where the action is.
Speaker 4: Jake I'm sorry, Arnold. Right, everything he's saying is right. I'm not sure why he called in from a mall food court though it was noisy wherever he man.
Speaker 5: All I know is I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, what movie is that?
Speaker 10: You like that?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: What movie is that from?
Speaker 2: Was it Kindergarten Cop?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think so, do you know, Kady?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't how many Arnold Swartzinger movies have I actually seen?
Speaker 5: Very very few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he thinks he's not a good actor.
Speaker 5: I think I had a girlfriend who made me watch The Terminator once because that's not really my bag. Oh yeah, that one lass. You know, he portrayed a robot so perfect for that role. I think she might have been a lisbian.
Speaker 2: Lesbian?
Speaker 5: I think my girlfriend was a lisbian. Yet you back to you, kiddy. This is from the film Running Man. Oh okay, that's right. It's from Running Man, which I have not seen. I unfortunately saw Conan the Barbarian at a drive in theater and it was already so darkly filmed. At the drive in where it's not as b it was just it was like a black screen with a guy you can't understand. So it was not that enjoyable a cinema experience.
Speaker 2: Well, what makes you think your girlfriend was a lesbian? You're burying the lead?
Speaker 5: Oh, I know this sounds like the sort of thing a certain kind of guy would say. But the relationship got hung up, and she, who knows, no longer interested in me. And I know that's the dumb guy things. She must be a lesbian if she doesn't like me. But she It was very odd, and I had heard stories that she had been with other women's. She was an athlete, so I don't judge it. Just it made it. I wish I would have known it. It had made more sense why things weren't working out, because otherwise it seemed like everything was.
Speaker 2: Great, right, great friends and yeah, yeah, yeah, So why is this not okay? Because you're anyway? She made me watch Yeah, well, what straight girl makes you watch The Terminator? It's a lesbian sort of flick, isn't it. What stop whining? I asked my gay friends.
Speaker 5: Just come up?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 11: Katie?
Speaker 5: That's not a typical sort of movie that a girl wants to watch?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 5: I mean, I enjoy it, and I'm not a lesbian.
Speaker 4: What the hell had a strong Oh it did have a super strong buff female character in it that.
Speaker 5: She probably was hot for my lesbian girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, just till she met a nice down huh.
Speaker 4: All right, so you can always depend on Gavy Newsome to interject hyperbole and stupidity into the conversation. Our final clip on this topic.
Speaker 11: Quite literally, I'm making the case that's why I have this initiative problem fifty. There may not be a twenty twenty eight election that's free and fair. So my focus is central to getting over the hump in November fourth of this year and then working on twenty twenty six in the midterm re elections. But look, when people, particularly people that have run before, et cetera, everybody knows the politician. The response to kabuki, Well, I'm just focusing on my day job and we'll see where things go. So I try to be a little more honest about it, and people ran with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're trying to be honest about it by claiming there might not be a twenty twenty eight presidential election.
Speaker 2: God, he's so full of crab.
Speaker 5: That's your honesty.
Speaker 2: He might gather and solidify the half wit vote, which can get you pretty far in the Democratic primary.
Speaker 4: But anybody with two brain cells to rub together is going to reject him out of hand.
Speaker 5: She didn't wear Doc Martin's. She didn't listen to Melissa Etherage. Sure, maybe, I don't know if I can come up with any other.
Speaker 4: We intersected, right, I remember her? Yeah, yeah, she she had a uh an aspect to her that rings true to your diagnosis. I remember when you first floated that idea, Suvie. I was not shocked. That was a long time ago.
Speaker 5: The hell yeah, yeah, Oh, do you have any theory on that? Michael?
Speaker 2: No, fair enough, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Is there any chance the baseball players are going to come out on the field and just weep tonight? I wonder if they're going to walk out there and just one of them finally goes down on their knees and just puts her head in their hands, starts crying, we have to play again. I barely slept.
Speaker 4: Or they're going to send some you know, the the last guy generally off the bench is going to be seen in the shadows, pulling fire her alarms and evacuating the stadium.
Speaker 8: Fan.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can take first pitch to and I loved last night's game.
Speaker 4: Go in there and tweak the sprinkler so they run too long in the fields, too muddy something anything.
Speaker 11: If they're in the outfield, they'll just let the ball go by and just like point to the other person.
Speaker 5: You get it.
Speaker 2: I can't move. I'm tired, right, Okay, we up more in the way, stay here.
Speaker 10: New survey found that most adults believe Halloween is just as much for grown ups as it is for children. Yeah, you know you're too old for Halloween when you trick a treat out a home, then look it up on Zilla.
Speaker 5: That's kind of funny. The Senate just voted for the thirteenth time on opening the government back up, and it failed again, so we will remain closed for at least another twenty four hours. We are now at twenty eight days on the government shut down. The record is thirty four, so I have a feeling we might get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, although the head of the federal employees union came out yesterday and said end it now. Democrats clean Continuing Resolution fund it now, so we'll have to see what earthquakes that causes. So a couple of comments on the last segment, one from a friend of the Armstrong Getty Show, Alnonymous was quite plugged in, who said, on the topic of redistricting in the Evil Prop fifty in California, I heard that some GOP consultants believe that Gavin's proposition is triggering Republicans in other states like Indiana to do way more redistricting than they were planning to, potentially leading to a very large GOP gain, thus backfiring on Newsom. The theory is that this might explain why there's less spending on the No On fifty team than was expected, because some establishment GOP guys secretly wanted to pass, so it triggers more backlash, which I could imagine happening because California is almost jerrymandered to death.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's just not much headroom there.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty interesting. Yeah, there really is. Yeah, six to eight dimensional chess there coming up later this hour. Why show, Hey Otani messes with his hair so much?
Speaker 5: Have an explanation.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, that's a fairly gay tease.
Speaker 4: And speaking of your girlfriend, the probable lesbian So one of my favorite writers period who happens to be lesbian Nelly Bowles wrote the following for The Free Press.
Speaker 2: Wow, it really was a.
Speaker 4: Social contagion, and she talks about the same pole we were talking about a week ago or whatever it was, that the number of young people in America who identify as transgender has been cut in half in two years. Okay, it was always a social contagion.
Speaker 5: That's really something.
Speaker 2: Uh da da dad.
Speaker 4: This is good for a lot of reasons, she writes, but in particular it's good for trans people.
Speaker 2: Why because there have always been a small.
Speaker 4: Number of people who feel truly dysphoric in their sex. And the last thing you want is a horde of depressed teen girls latching onto your situation as a way to rage against their bodies, a stand in for anarex or cutting. I've never been more worried about my rights as a gay person than when all the angry youths started announcing they were gay or trans are queer, Because then I just knew backlash was coming. Anything funky they did, they called it gay, They wore a weird jacket and got creative with their haircuts, and all of a sudden, they're claiming my identity. I say, scram kids, get out of here. I'm putting up a border around gay territory and saying no more may enter. Uh it's me, it's everyone in Provincetown, and it's my Dyke's in the Midwest.
Speaker 2: And that's it. We're full up. Go see the Mormons. See if the Mormons are taking applications.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start using the word scram more often. I had forgotten about it. I do like that I'd forgotten about cutting, which was the thing for a while, which is obviously a contagion.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, yeah, adolescents.
Speaker 4: And and the fact that the medical establishment in the US did and is still saying, oh no no. If a confused teenager says I feel like a boy, you've got to give her hormones and delay puberty and remove her healthy breasts. That's the only way, to my God, these people ought to be jailed. The jails ought to be brimming with the progressives in the American medical establishment. I would be happy to be the judge of those kangaroo courts when they're up and running.
Speaker 5: Got a lot more to jam in the last half hour. If you miss a get the podcast Armstrong in Getty on the.
Speaker 2: Men Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 12: So this is a massive overhaul of ICE leadership. I'm told by four senior DHS officials that they're moving up to twelve ICE chiefs from around the country from their positions and reassigning them. I'm told this is a move spearheaded by Corey Lewandowski, and it's all in an effort to boost deportation numbers, which are already at more than half a million since President Trump took off.
Speaker 2: So here's what we're talking about.
Speaker 12: Some of the ICE leadership positions being removed are the heads of ICE here in Los Angeles, in San Diego, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Seattle, El Paso, New Orleans, and Denver, just to name some of them.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. So they're going to replace a bunch of the ICE people in charge hands let replacements by the Border Patrol Commander Bavino. But why is the big thing? Which Bill Millusion of Fox explains more here.
Speaker 12: Now, replacing ICE leadership with Border patrol officials signals the Trump administration wants deportation efforts to get much more aggressive, with one Border Patrol source telling Fox quote, what did everyone think mass deportations meant only the worst? Tom Homan has said it himself. Anyone in the US illegally is on the table.
Speaker 5: That's it. When I first saw this headline, I thought, Okay, feels like they've gone a little too far, going to back off. Nope, the other way around. They feel like they aren't being aggressive enough. They need people. They're going to be more aggressive than booting out every single person that's here illegally.
Speaker 4: I think they need to get started right after my remodel is done.
Speaker 2: Only in support of this.
Speaker 4: The minute all the work is done, because there are apparently roughly two percent of the construction workers in America who speak English, which is odd.
Speaker 2: Give and how those are pretty good jobs? Well yeah, but if you keep letting people come in from somewhere else, the wages can keep going down, down, down, correct.
Speaker 4: Which is why famously says our Chevez was staunchly against illegal immigration.
Speaker 5: And Bernie Bernie's against illegal immigration for the class.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't understand this. Maybe it'd be worth listening to on how it fits in with the Build Back Better Plan.
Speaker 2: One O three.
Speaker 12: Michael, senior Trump administration official, did confirm these personnel moves to Fox, adding that there was a big, widespread review of Ice leadership after the one big beautiful bill passed, and I'm told these changes were made based off who the administration feels can execute a mass deportation agenda with all of that added money and staffing coming from that bill.
Speaker 4: Boy, all right, it's just who's who's down with the plan and who's not. I'll bet they got plenty of rumbles from those almost entire progressive cities that who ever been in that gig for a while was really more down with the local vibe, sure, than enthusiastic about carrying out the administration's plans. I can believe that.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll see how this plays out in practice and also politically. Somebody, but about six weeks somebody texted as to why Shoheo Tani messes with his hair so much?
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 5: This is the big Japanese star of the Los Angeles Dodgers, who may be the best baseball pair who ever.
Speaker 4: Lived, and maybe the largest man ever to emerge from the island of Japan.
Speaker 2: He's a very big human being.
Speaker 5: Like I said earlier, I think it's similar to Godzilla and Mathra. I think he came in contact with some sort of nuclear thing probably, and that's why he's the most likely explanation. Yeah, how he can be the best hitter in the best pitcher in the World Series. I mean, that doesn't mediation. It doesn't make any sense. Last night he got on base nine times, and now I was an eighteen inning game, but he set the record during the nine innings for most extra base hits. Anyway, and he's pitching tonight. So he's a really good looking guy. He looks like a male model. And he gets done hitting his home runs or doubles or striking people out or whatever he's doing that particular day, and then he's there with his hat off, and he's constantly messing with his hair, like running his fingers, throwing it, fluffing it back up, getting the getting the look just right. I don't know if this is true or not. You tell me the problem with Thoughtani's hair is a batting helmet. American helmets don't fit Asian heads, right. He's trying to get his helmet to sit right and stay in The Giants Jung Ho Lee has a hell of a time. His helmet flies off during swings a couple of times a game. The Umps used to get in on his case until they learned that a Korean head doesn't fit a long American helmet. Do you know anything about.
Speaker 2: That sounds ridiculous to me?
Speaker 5: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: That's don't all the uh don't major league players all have custom fit helmets? Io that a guy like little leagues that are not all sharing three helmets. I would assume that a guy who who got a seven hundred million dollar contract as the highest paid athlete on planet Earth gets a helmet that fits his head.
Speaker 2: I would assume, Yeah, I don't know. That sounds like a crock of crap.
Speaker 5: Ah boy, I'll tell you what the most I wish that game last night had gone one more inning because something really exciting was gonna happen. One the Toronto Blue Jays were going to bring in their starter today starter it looked like and Yamamoto, the pitcher who pitched a complete game Saturday night for the Dodgers, said hey, coach, put me in. As they ran they'd run completely out of pitchers. They were gonna have to put him like a catcher or something to pitch. And he said, I'm in, and he went and warmed up. He was. He was in the bullpen. Warming up is a guy who pitched a full game forty eight hours earlier, which is amazing by modern standards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's the World Series. This wouldn't happen.
Speaker 4: But I've always loved it when a team runs out of pitchers and they got you know, like the their center fielder's got a really live arm and he pitched in college. So he comes in and you know, he's throwing eighty four mile per hour fastballs and occasionally throws a curve in.
Speaker 2: But because it's so different, the guys can't hit him.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what the Dodgers were planning to do because the manager wasn't going to call up Yamamoto. But it was really high drama at the end of the game. It happened in the middle of the night. But the announcer said, the interpreter's talking to manager Roberts, is it about Otani? Show Hey Otani? And they thought, wow, it's got to be something. No, it turned out it was Yamamoto. The guy had pitched the last game, said who said put me in? Yeah, no, I'll pitch. He wouldn't to let some right fielder go in who hasn't pitched since high school.
Speaker 2: You know why Yamamoto is so durable radiation exactly. The Japanese players have been rated similar to the way Mathra was. You know, take a look at the timeline. It's the Fukushima plant.
Speaker 5: You're right, Tsami, the I'm connecting the dots clearly two miles down the road from Japan's big baseball academy made up. But that's the how Conspiracyani's hometown is wherever Fukushima is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, he got radiated.
Speaker 5: That explains everything. Yes, Michael, you figured it out, weed out, and we called that guy hair brain for the whole helmets don't fit Asian heads story?
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 5: And then I'll shut up about this because I watched every pitch of the game last night and found it absolutely fascinating. You gotta like baseball because I mean, it was a pitchers the second game. There were two games played, really those two nine in games. The second game was really a pitcher's duel up until the the very end.
Speaker 4: But I'd like to see the the ratings on the East Coast and in Toronto for that matter.
Speaker 2: The game ended at ten minutes to three in the morning. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It was compelling. In a lot of different ways.
Speaker 2: They kept bringing different pitchers and all that, but I like the short, fat catcher for Toronto.
Speaker 5: He's my favorite player. Alejandro Kirk, who they got for seventy five hundred dollars from Tijuana for the price of a used car. They got him as a player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a sign signing bonus. And he is a guy.
Speaker 5: He's one of those people that like, if he worked into your work walked into your workplace, you wouldn't want him on your softball team. You'd think that guy is not an athlete, A little portly, yeah, he just doesn't walk like an athlete. He didn't look like an athlete.
Speaker 4: And they told the story early in the game. I know you heard it because you're referencing it, but they the guy was there, the scout, was there to scout somebody else, and he told his bosses, No, no, no, you got to hear about this guy Kirk. He's unbelievable. Now you're going to see him and you're gonna think I'm nuts. But trust me on this. The short, fat guy, yeah, the short, short and portly. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But what do you My final question on this, what do you think it's going to be like tonight with all the players who played basically two games last night and stay up until the middle of the night. And what what do you expec You're gonna let down in emotion.
Speaker 4: You're gonna see a handful of guys uh resting to start the game. Maybe as each manager sees if they could can rest some of their starters, because you don't want them to get hurt. It's it's less about being tired per se than about them getting injured, because when you're tired, that's when you blow something in sports. So yeah, I think you know they're they're the next man up, might get a start.
Speaker 2: Today in some positions. Show freaking show he's the starting pitcher. That's insane.
Speaker 5: He got a little hurt in the middle of the game. He tried to steal a base and then he pulled up limp and hobbled around a little bit, and the manager ran out there right away. Everything okay, And they did a lot.
Speaker 2: Of I almost dropped an S bomb.
Speaker 5: It's s The owners should have run out there, and what's wrong and wrong and the head of Fox Sports and everyone else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the commissioner of baseball, he stretched.
Speaker 5: A little winced a little and then then kept on playing.
Speaker 4: But who knows that another benefit of the radiation thing quick healing, great healing.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: You can pull a muzzle in at heels in like a minute because you've been radiated by the Fukushima nuclear plant.
Speaker 2: It's the upside, Yeah, exactly. We will finish strong next strong New Yorkers. By the way, no one will be as mad at you if it doesn't go right as the people who love you. Now. Have you felt that as well?
Speaker 13: You know, it's it's often framed as a burden or as an obligation, right, But frankly, I think it's an opportunity. It's an opportunity to actually show that this whole campaign where we've talked about freezing the rent, making buses fast, free delivering universal childcare, these are not just slogans, right, These are commitments, and when we deliver them here in New York City, it will be also the delivery of a politics that can actually aspire for more than what you're living through.
Speaker 8: Ron.
Speaker 5: That's Ron Mundani on John Stewart's Day Show last night. He doesn't have that overly consulted, scared to answer a question thing that most losers have, which is one of the reasons he's winning.
Speaker 2: That's Zoran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is very very skillful and smooth and charming at pitching his suicidal programs.
Speaker 1: He is has Zorn Monodani.
Speaker 2: He is the actually not right.
Speaker 5: He is the archetype of that kind of person. Grew up rich and privileged, oh yeah, and fights for socialism in a way that will make more people poor.
Speaker 2: I wish we had enough time to read.
Speaker 4: I'm working my way through the Matt tayebipiece I've referenced earlier and the response to it and his blast, which is absolutely wonderful. But he's talking about who's the guy with the Nazi tattoo. You know, I'm gonna learn his name just in time to forget at it because he's gonna go away plan I remember in Maine with the Nazi tattoo. But he's talking about Mamdani as well, and he talks about how he became a journalist, and it's actually very very funny. But Matt Taibi, like this platner guy like Mundani, grew up with East Coast money and were sent to high dollar boarding schools. And he got us out of his high dollar boarding school and he realized all this self actualization crap they were teaching me hasn't done me any good. I have no skills, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my life. And he went overseas and worked, you know, menial jobs until he could start selling articles. But he says, in countries where the bulk of people have to be concerned with survival, getting enough to eat, not being conquered by rival nations or revolutionaries, and holding crime and corruption to tolerable levels, colleges don't teach kids that they're citizens of oppressor nations that should probably be disbanded. They certainly wouldn't do it if they lucked into the benefits of citizenship in a country like the United States.
Speaker 2: This country has problems, even serious ones.
Speaker 4: But it's not like gangsters are setting up freelance toll booths on I ninety five, or the strip stake you ordered at Ponderosa has a good chance of being cat meat.
Speaker 2: Citizens of countries that have known easy they have lawyers.
Speaker 4: Citizens of countries that have known true suckage, including especially the ones with Marxist or Maoist histories, laugh at the things Americans call problems.
Speaker 2: The only people who think.
Speaker 4: The system that produce the richest, safest empire in history is essentially unfixable are America's own wealthy, whose current disdain for their own good fortune. It's like a political version of Heroin Chic. He is one of the greatest writers operating on earth, and he's absolutely right. This freaking neo Marxism is all about bored, overly intellectual, overly indoctrinated, slash educated kids of the affluent.
Speaker 2: God, it makes me sick.
Speaker 5: Why do you have all these carpet and scratching polls back here in the kitchen?
Speaker 2: No reason? See, I don't think you're taking this seriously.
Speaker 5: No reason. Let's trip all the little ballsy arns stuff scratching posts.
Speaker 4: Those are scrubbers for the you know, the specialists, trap gets in the little holes in the specialists. Anyways, let's go back out front.
Speaker 5: Uh oh, we do have a serious breaking news thing ro that Nettan Yahoo, the Prime Minister of Israel, has instructed the Israeli Defense Force to immediately carry out powerful strikes in the Gaza Strip. I don't know if that means the ceasefire is over or if that will be received as trying to maintain the ceasefire somehow. It's still early days. But here's what I've taken away.
Speaker 4: Number One, Obviously, Hamas never had any intention of coming to peace to the Arab nations, which had stood up and said, yeah, we'll be part of imposing the peace.
Speaker 2: When it became clear that now how' was go time, they're.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, we uh, we're in with you in spirit. Let's talk more about this defense force and who's going to be in it. Well, you're going to be in it. Let's talk about who else is gonna be in it. So yeah, they'd signed the deal because Trump was twisting their arms.
Speaker 2: But now's the hard part.
Speaker 5: That seems like this six years ago, like a week, two weeks.
Speaker 4: I don't even know, two weeks lost the ability to sense the passage of time. I'm like a dog. My wife comes home, I'm like crying with joy. She's like, I just went out to the mailbox. I it no longer since the passage of time.
Speaker 5: And now final faults with Armstrong and getting engage. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: That's a bad imitation of a really out of date reference. All right, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 4: To wrap up the show, Mike Langelow or technical director will lead us into the future of Michael.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I'm the last one on the show.
Speaker 11: I've got this cover grock and take family photos and start having them do silly thing.
Speaker 5: It's pretty fun and it's real easy too. The learning curve is there's hardly any learning curve at all. Katie Green are esteemed and't use women as a final thought.
Speaker 4: Katie, speaking of Grok, apparently there's a new character on there named Mila, and she is quite the bee and she talks back, Oh really, yeah, I could be sporty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need to do that in my car. I'll use this for my final thought. You can change the personality of the person that is your Grok. Yeah, and mine is like friendly chummy. I should make more sarcastic and aggressive. See how that works out.
Speaker 4: So my final thought is with the remodel I've mentioned many times going on, we're constantly moving our stuff from one area to the other to another room to make room for the painters, and then you got to move the stuff that was in there. It's like a never ending game of like materialistic musical chairs. I am burning the place down. I am moving to the woods.
Speaker 2: I will live in a tent. I will have a camp stove in a water purifier period.
Speaker 5: My actual final thought is how much I enjoyed that baseball game last night. I mean, it was six hours long, and I was listening and watching throughout the whole thing and doing other stuff. But man, oh man, did I enjoy that? That was really fun?
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you you gotta do it like soccer. After twelve innings, you have a home run contest or something, or the bat race where you spin around three.
Speaker 2: Times and then so you can run at first base.
Speaker 5: Right something you get Come Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: I kid, I've lectured other sports. Plate till somebody wins. Don't go with some novelty contest. Play till somebody wins. So many people, thanks so a little time. Go to Armstrong Getdy dot com.
Speaker 2: Pickups Mangee swag for your favorite Armstrong and Getty fan. Christmas is approaching rapidly.
Speaker 4: If you see something we ought to be talking about, some brilliant thinking or writing, send it along mail bag at Armstrong and Getdy dot com.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of news to be made this week in that looming Trump sheet meeting in South Korea. We'll have all that for you. God bless America.
Speaker 1: I'm strong and we cover a lot on today's big, big show from Trump in Asia. His trade deal is a gold freeman's walk off. Put the Blue Jays too bad. Those Swans that don't talk, just.
Speaker 2: Hit them in the head. The Armstrong and get the show Armstrong and Getty