Speaker 1: I think I saw a video of a couple getting in a big argument in front of a wah wah that was going on around on Reddit, and I thought, of the Philadelphians.
Speaker 2: It was my wife and Niple.
Speaker 3: That's who it was.
Speaker 1: Every night Tuesday night screamers at the.
Speaker 3: She didn't like that I was trading her through a wah wah dinner and I said, I said.
Speaker 2: But let's take it to the wah wah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disrespect the wah wah. Let's let's let's solve this outside. I don't want to, you know, mess up other people. Sorry, I'm sorry. You're apologizing for the embarrassing me in front of my friends.
Speaker 3: Dude, you humiliated me in front of Rick Man. I know we have two arguments going on right now. One is the me taking you here thing, but the others. You can't talk to me that way in this wah wah. This is one of the nice ones.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Season three thirty eight, Episode three of Dally's Guys Stay.
Speaker 2: Production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive in New American share consciousness.
Speaker 2: You see how my voice got deep on that part he strained a little bit there, little a little trick I'm trying out. Yeah, it's a little training the thing I'm trying out for we'll thing I'm trying out for the kids.
Speaker 1: It's Wednesday, May fifteenth, twenty twenty four. We're halfway there, wo exactly, living on a prayer. Also bring flower It's bring Flowers to Someone Day, which is so non specific, like this one is a break flowers to someone, you know.
Speaker 2: It's also National Juice slush.
Speaker 1: Day, National Nylon stocking.
Speaker 2: Day, National Chocolate chip Day.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was taking a walk this morning and somebody was walking by me the other direction and they had just pulled a handful of flowers out of someone's garden. Oh, and we're like he was like doing like a magic Pixie dream girl thing, Like he was like dancing with the flowers and like, okay. So I didn't have the context until now for what was going on. He was a hashtag national bringing flowers. What do you think? What what's the is there is there like.
Speaker 1: A acceptable here's my question. Is it okay to rip flowers out of people's lungs?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just raised as a child of color, to never set foot on someone's property that was not yours. Don't even arm over a fence. But then her majesty whiteness is.
Speaker 2: A hell of a drug.
Speaker 1: She'll be like, oh, I can take this, and I'm like, maybe you can.
Speaker 2: I want that. My son is a four year old did that and I was pretty sure that he wasn't going to get beat up, but not because I was going to protect his ass. You know, learn a hard lessons there. Maybe anyways, Pabby Nationals bring flowers to someone day. Somebody day, somebody flower. The flower industry can't get enough for Mother's Day. Now, this one that nobody's heard of. Come on, my name's Jack O'Brien. Aka remember remember my water ice member wood Ice? That is courtesy of.
Speaker 1: Locarni on the discord, continuing continue it to.
Speaker 2: Bring up the time I got off a ride with my nephews. My pants were wet, and I blamed it on wood ice because that's what it was.
Speaker 1: You don't have to keep retelling the story, man, You give it like every time people need context, people in context. If I did not piss the pants.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Lacroni, it's rude at this point, man, it's a bullying. It feels like bullying. Now, thank you for keeping the legend alive. I'm thrilled to.
Speaker 1: Be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles Gray. Yes, it's Miles Gray gallivanting around the nation's capital on his way to see Jay Dilla's MPC at the African American History Museum. I'm gonna do that later and I'm very excited. Anyway, I'm here and I'm eating a lot of food. Shout out to people who have been sending me places to go to. I've been to one of them. Than that, I'm just I'm just eating whatever's in front of me. Unfortunately, when you have a baby, you don't have time to really be going out like that.
Speaker 2: Have you said to her, majesty, I'm glad we were here together in our nation's capital exactly. I'm wait, was that from from Forest Caump?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy shit. I never thought about that.
Speaker 6: They have a thing a cool thing you can do is I think they have a cool thing that you can do here when they dress you up like Forrest Gump and you can do with it all the cool stuff he did, like how people in Japan were kimonos and here in DC, you can dress up in a like a military uniform.
Speaker 2: Military uniform and get pushed around from the line to line. And it is one of the speech offensive scenes, just like subtly offensive scenes.
Speaker 1: Did he did he speak during the I Have a Dream speech?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was I have a Dream. It was like a hippies test.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was a protest. I know he was at the mall doing something that would have been hilarious. They even got him in there. But anyway, but it was like all the hippies were just there going from line to line aimlessly, just like following orders. And then they went to a black panther rally and like the black panthers are like yelling at him, and he gets like pushed in another direction, and the black panther keeps yelling at the empty spot where he usually had been, like an anger automaton. It's really like a weird little detail that like once I caught it, I was like, wait, what the fuck does this guy think?
Speaker 2: Is like exactly, Man.
Speaker 1: The war be it fucking Nam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that lion bastard Johnson. Yeah. Anyways, a lot of a lot of Forrest Cup quotes for the kids again. You're doing a little something for kids thirty years ago, y'all. Remember, y'all, remember we're exposing them to history. Miles, We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant comedian, writer, actor, just one of our favorite guests in general. He's hilariou is. He's chaotic, He's riding a recumbent bike in short shorts. He's Blake Waxland.
Speaker 3: This is Blake Wexler, a ka blumper legs, blumper legs.
Speaker 1: Blake it up before you podcast, Miles and jacket Common kiss my ass, Blake it up before you podcast. Listen to that side guys, right, I know you want to hit my thighs. Yeah with the head turn, how about it?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: I didn't want to blow out my levels unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Thank you. How are you feeling? That was just bake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like my legs that is all that.
Speaker 2: Your legs are all implants, right, it's natty. It ain't it's metal.
Speaker 3: It's silicon. It's shellfish.
Speaker 1: It's really big old lambshells just just crushed up and.
Speaker 2: Put in there. How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: Are you feeling free now that the Sixers are out of contention.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen you since then. Yeah, I feel great. I feel great about it. I feel correct.
Speaker 3: My knicks are you know, yeah by my thunder, you know, like there are my wolves. My wolves beat my sons. I pretty much like every team, right my favorite team. I think Liverpool's locked in the third in third, So yeah, there's really you know, Phillies are playing great, Eagles look had a great draft by And that's really all my life revolves around. Is there are things that I have no control over whatsoever, and letting them people younger.
Speaker 1: Than them, Yeah, and having letting them have just an absurd effect on your on your well being somehow to the things we are not control.
Speaker 3: And finances there right now, let's not forget finances and my marriage. Let's not forget my marriage as well. Yeah, well, it's important we promote things. Yet, can I promote my marriage?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Almost two years and so I sent the video of me looked like you guys are at ahuah wah recently. Yeah, yeah, thank you for bringing that up. Yeah, So I in her defense, I brought her to we, meaning my side, I'm royalty at a Royalty. That's why I but yeah, brought her to a nice one. I was even going to order on the touch screen for her because it was one of the nice ones with a touchscreen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like to order.
Speaker 3: For the for the the aisle because we were going to eat in the aisle and whoever else was in there, I was going to order for them. But yeah, no, she started hollering and hollering, holler. She was hollering at me, and I had a pro Pale Gatorade Propale fitness water hit.
Speaker 1: I spilled it all over my shone. Dude, do they still make that ship?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, Yeah, I've been drinking a lot of that lately.
Speaker 2: And that's not too long. Yeah, I'm flipping in my old you gotta come.
Speaker 3: It's clear, so it's healthy that Yeah, that's clear.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why I drank lemon ice when that one first came out for Gatorays, yea, I was like, this is the sprite of Gatorays that my mom will let me. I was like, I think it's worse if it's clear a shower in crystal PEPSI you do, yeah.
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 3: It smells good. He doesn't even stick sticky. How you got that great skin? O'Brien's skin. You know what his secret is? Right, It's just all crystal PEPSI.
Speaker 2: He just showers. It's all crystal. It's always been that, it's always been there. Well, Blake, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. I'll wait here. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I was telling Blake to wait right there.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting. But first we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Going, wait, Blake, just wait there?
Speaker 2: Why did wait? Wait? Just wait? Okay, Jacko, are you good? I'm Goodla he's wandering off again.
Speaker 3: I don't have anything.
Speaker 2: I know you don't.
Speaker 1: But wait, all right, we're going to talk about polls.
Speaker 2: Maybe, we're going to talk about the video port all set up between New York City and Dublin, which I thought like the whole point was that people would be like flashing boobs and they're mooning each other, but like apparently got shut down for somebody just taking off their shirt, which is very weird. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the Vegas restaurant that promised a bluey day and under delivered. And of course we'll talk about open AI giving you a personal assistant that you can jack off to all of that plenty more. But first, Blake Wexler, Yes, Blake, come back to the microphone, am I am? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You're getting warmer warmer, Yeah, you're all right, let's go all right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, before we get to any of that, Blake, we do like to ask our guests. No, you're off mic again. But so you're gonna have to take two steps to the left.
Speaker 2: What does it look like? What it looks exactly? Looks like fuzzy green thing on top.
Speaker 3: That's what this? Oh yeah, I thought we're back. I would hermit the frog in here that looks exact actly like this into into it.
Speaker 1: That's what I had to boost your vocals last time. Okay, that makes sense, into it?
Speaker 2: But this is right, Yes, you got it, you're nailing it right now. What is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are or something you've recently screen grabbed that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Well, thank god you added in that second one just to really expand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we're here for. It's good. It's good. It's like you're doing this for seven years, you know. It's sometimes we got to add a little wrinkle, Like did you hear what I did with my voice at the beginning, the like deep thing, Like when I said deep, I made my voice deep.
Speaker 3: It was kind of It's interesting you're like Bette Midler and how she kept just adding things to her repertoire throughout her own career. Yeah, so she people say she was a triple threat. I think it's went tupple far more than that. But but that is not what I'm here to talk about today. We're doing it Bett Middller Special or is that the one of the books we can talk about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why this episode is called for the Boys in reference.
Speaker 2: And for the boys.
Speaker 7: Thing.
Speaker 3: For my I'll choose google search, I guess for this one, just because I'm a bit of a traditionalist. But I googled Steed Bonnet and he was a pirate, and I thought he was a made up pirate from that show Our Flag Means Death, which was on HBO for a while, which was a very very very funny show. I think it just got canceled, but it was very funny, and I know it's a good show on HBO after season most Strangly and it's great. I highly recommend it if you if you want to watch it. But he was known as the Gentleman Pirate. And then my sister's boyfriend does like tours in Charleston, South Carolina. It was nice enough to give my wife and on it and my mom a tour, and we went by this public square and it said here was where Steed Bonnet, the gen woman pirate, was hanged by the neck. And it turns out that Steve Bonnet was a real pirate. This is what I googled. And he was a gentleman's pilot, a pirate in that he and he was a sea pilot in ways too, but I meant pirate and to.
Speaker 2: Keep justifying the mistake you made, make it longer, and the pilots of the sea in many ways.
Speaker 3: C s c A of course. But he was called the gentleman pirate because often pirates they just stole their ships or got them in a devious way. But he was a very rich man who wanted to become a pirate, so he bought.
Speaker 2: A shop playing as a pirate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he then became one where he bought a ship and he paid his crew wages, which had never happened before, where the pay for pirates was just if you stole stuff off another boat, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: You get that.
Speaker 1: Pay you whatever you can fit in your arms, man, that's your salary, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he was a real got interesting guy. And I think it is funny when you will get history where it's like, oh, this person probably died at fifty or something. It's like, oh, no, this man is famous and he was like twenty seven or something when he, like just Blackbeard was a real pirate. I went on a real pirate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very two thousand and five, Yes, correctly when everyone is like are you a pirate or are you a ninja? And that was a fucking thing people said seriously to each other, and I was like, get the fuck.
Speaker 2: Away from me. Neither. So binary like that was when the Internet was five years old and it had the same interests as a five year old.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, this is where we're at as are you pirate or ninja?
Speaker 2: Next we're going to be in the race cars and bacon. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: True, and now it's starting to get like terminal ailments as it gets older, you know exactly, it's very sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, truly self despis I said, we're teenagers, right, paranoia into our early twenties.
Speaker 2: I guess exactly what is. Well, that's a very fascinating story. Oh, thank you. Much more interesting than I was expecting from it. Like Steve, I thought you were gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like he's normally from the table thinking just.
Speaker 2: Based on what I expect from you, Blake, Yeah, no, just the name Steve Bonnet sounds like a like stuffed pirate, you know, like a it does like a child's toy stuff. Lash, go get your Steve.
Speaker 1: Bonnett, honey, Yeah, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, interesting, he sounds too cute to be a real pirate. Well, he would agree that.
Speaker 1: Now I want to know if other pirates are just looking at him, like you know how there's like comedians who are like those trust fund comedians who are like, you know, like, yeah, I'm grinding two men in the city. You're like, no, you're fucking not, dude. Do you have a Wikipedia page? I don't think you know it says who your grandfather is you don't, but your grandfather does. And then you're like an unhighlighted link on his page. Yeah yeah, you're not even blow on the Wikipedia page, it says, and there.
Speaker 3: I know how much you make, I know how about you make. You can't afford to live in that place, right exactly? I know that for a fact.
Speaker 1: I know, man, the strike's killing me. You live in Brentwood.
Speaker 2: Is that a new watch? Yeah? Producer Justin is pointing out, first of all, Blake's right, Okay, fine, show like fucking And then he's watched the show and they actually talk about the trust fund pirate thing amazing, So okay, yeah, I'm here for that trust so I'm actually going to watch it now. There it is, I think. Okay, we're also coming in saying it's a good show. So now I'm out again. But if I get an even number of recommendations, I'll be all right. Producer Bane needs a hopin, Producer Bay hopin. What is something Blake that you think is underrated? Underrated? Uh?
Speaker 3: Fried cheese curds. And I've been on the road a little bit, which means I'm slowly killing my off with food. And I've been I compare them to like mozzarella sticks, where Mozzerel sticks amazing, but only one dip you can generally use with the Mozzarelli stick like Marinara primarily, but with like dried cheese prim prime Era and Amazon prime Era. This is not good content.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm Primonaria right now pulling up was prim Era. I think it's going to age really well. I think it's gonna aige really well.
Speaker 2: That's one of those things that's ahead of its time. Man, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 1: I can't believe Primonara got rid of their charge lemonades anyway. So they're limited to one dipping.
Speaker 3: Sauce one dipping sauce for mozzarella sticks, but for fried cheese curds you can use Marinara. You can also use ranch. I've been served with them, a barbecue sauce. I've been served with them, and then once when I was in Minneapolis, I got like a cherry ketchup, which sounds crazy but was like a little bit of sweetness in there.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 3: So fried cheese curds I think as a as an an alternative to the prime am Era.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, curds don't make it out to the coasts.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I feel like every time I've had it, it's been in the Midwest. I don't know, maybe because like my dumb take is like, are they closer to the dairy farm? Like we got too many curds sell under the bar.
Speaker 2: We got plenty of dairy farms out here. And that one stretch that miles up the five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you when you reach just that terrible hell yeah, when you have to roll your windows up and then put the air conditioning on, like circulate interior air and turn the music up so you can't hear the screams of the cows.
Speaker 3: You can't hear the cows over my screams of yelling. Congress started the dust Bowl because every every sign on that road on the five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna get a lot of propaganda in that one kent still up for some reason. Take this dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So wait, you're saying that cheese curds, they will give them to you with different sauces, like you get four at once more or you're just saying that they're more willing to explore the studio space on what sauces are appropriate.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, for it ones are not made of money. But whatever they give me without having to pay a surcharge for additional sauces generally two to three, I would say, is what you would get. But that is That is My point is that there's more variety in the sauce where no one's going to stop you from putting a mozzarella stick into a ranch.
Speaker 2: You know, but I will throw my body in between a mozzarella stick and.
Speaker 8: Some holy shit, yeah ranches that I thank Domino's for this, that ranch they exposed me to, like ranch as dipping sauce for everything.
Speaker 2: Now it's just God, I love ranch.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 1: You gotta make it yourself, making it. When you make it yourself, it's there's like a little green onion zest to it that really comes up.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you make it yourself.
Speaker 1: Maybe when I make it myself, it probably sucks, miles Let's it's actually pretty easy. I would even say an oaf like you could even.
Speaker 9: Put So there's this restaurant near there's a chain of restaurants I guess out here called Great White that has a lot of food that I like, and they have their own homemade ranch.
Speaker 2: And it sucks Oh really Yeah, it's really bad.
Speaker 1: And it's like put me off of anything that isn't Hidden Valley because I'm just like they, I'm going to fuck up the deal. You know, they just put way too much dill.
Speaker 2: In that day.
Speaker 1: What's the deal, bro, that's the deal? J dilla over here? The dilly I just touched grounds down in Philly? What is something Billy?
Speaker 2: Thank you Blake for following along. Indeed, Dilly deli, dailly dong oh, dally dilly.
Speaker 10: Remember that that was it on my lower back. This guy's a cop, man, this guy's a fucking cop. I got it tattooed on my lower back.
Speaker 3: I forgot it was there, and then I got it tattooed again my lef wrist, and now I have not It's dilly dilly dely.
Speaker 2: Dolly dy Uh. What is something you think is overrated? Overrated?
Speaker 7: Down?
Speaker 2: Not the direction? Fuck? I had so much material on how down as a direction was overrated? Close?
Speaker 1: It's so negative, it's so negative, Like I just take it off my Nintendo controller when I get it.
Speaker 2: You know, I just can't make a mistake.
Speaker 3: But from a goose, from a goose, I think it's it's too warm. I think it traps heat too well. And you know what, let me let me be more specific, because I would imagine there's a corner of the world where it's quite cold and down you would want that.
Speaker 1: But if you would imagine that, there's no way to confirm, but you know, to imagine they don't know for sure parts of the world that are cold.
Speaker 3: I'm talking out of my ass here, but I've heard that there are some places through the grapevine. But I would say for a bed for like a comforter, I think down comforters are suffocating and you never need something that traps heat that well when you're sleeping. Yeah, we'll be right back. You're listening to the I Part radio network. Big players spreading money all about and whatever others.
Speaker 1: You have big super spreader players with the money.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a fair point. It's really you know, they're flying very high. It's got to be cold up there. But I do wonder if that that's why there's such assholes down on land, like down amongst us. Is too much heat being trapped into hot tempered you know, I think that's what that's worth.
Speaker 3: That makes me, yeah, more empathetic. Actually, now that you say it that way because.
Speaker 2: If I was that hot, because usually you will beat the ship out of a goose, a mother goose.
Speaker 3: Yes, alternate, I will take one out. I'll take one out I had. I actually got a I put a like a huge blow on my bicycle, so now I can drive around and take out these these hot birds. But now I'm rethinking that and I might take it off. Yeah, have a heart geese.
Speaker 2: Think about the geese inside there, won't you? Yes, I bet they look real fucked up without the feathers.
Speaker 3: Oh god, can you imagine terrible?
Speaker 1: Probably die right if I'd imagine a like a bird without its feathers, is it's count down to death?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably their skin would look like Jack's if he didn't bathe Crystal light pepsi. I don't even know if we talked about that on air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you call it? That clear thing crystal pepsi?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, but I'm saying you got the diet.
Speaker 2: Version light crystal PEPSI. Give me a pepsi free pepsi free blind from Back to the Future. That doesn't really make sense anymore, And I won't watch that.
Speaker 1: Nice tries the mechis and this brings me back to my point. The Meccas is a fucking idiot, fucking Bobby z. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll.
Speaker 4: Talk poles, poles, poules, right back, and we're bad.
Speaker 2: I think they're so smart and.
Speaker 4: We're back poles.
Speaker 2: They think there's like.
Speaker 1: Those frogs, the frog the bud light frogs. They that I remember them all and then they take at the end. Yeah, yeah, daily dilly.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Polling, Yes, the thing that we're sweating over, not sweating over, I don't know. I think it's just worth touching on some recent polling that has come out on the presidential race, because most of the headlines are some form of Biden is losing in battle ground states or Trump leads Biden in five states. The last headline is taken from the New York Times, and while it may be technically accurate, the numbers are much closer than the headlines reveal. He leads by like Trump leads in three states by a slim margin, and the other three states are basically a tie. And what some polling experts say is misleading is that these polls have a very small sample size and are focusing on registered voters, and they say, look, you got to look at the people who are likely to vote. Registered voters or people who are merely registered to vote. They can say whatever, but likely gives you a little bit more of an accurate picture because these are people who are saying, no, I'm intent on voting and this is how I'm going to vote. You look at likely voters. Biden has about a four point edge.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, at this point, it's still early, and the bulls are basically telling us that it is very, very close. And I think you know if you're if you're saying, oh, I don't want another Trump presidency. Another decent sign is that in Senate, racist Democrats seem to be leading in races in Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: But what about the youngs?
Speaker 1: You know a lot of the headlines also Ready.
Speaker 2: Just give me a fucking excuse to blame the young's mind. Jesus, come on, give me.
Speaker 3: They don't want to work. They're not working, so are they voting?
Speaker 2: Like a young They just they just want to camp outside and yell and make signs and listened to whatever.
Speaker 1: They like in their hamas tents. I've seen it. How come all those tents are the same on those campuses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly heard.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so again, the New York Times has the most negative results when you look at other national polls. It says it's like thirty thirty percent to thirty one percent. Trump is up by one percent of like, you know, younger voters that they that they were polling quote unquote, you are winning outright. Thirty thirty one percent to thirty percent is what the New York Times results seem to That would be staggering. A Harvard poll, Yeah, Harvard poll has it fifty six to thirty seven. That's Biden up nineteen points. Pew Research has fifty nine to thirty eight. Yeah, Biden's up twenty one points. But I think it's clear that the New York Times, at least from what I've seen in the last couple years. Maybe maybe I'll be fair, maybe the last couple months. Maybe you know, the New York Time they like to take liberties with their editorialized headlines, so saying that Trump the actual headline is Trump leads in five key states as young and non white voters express discontent with Biden and now I know who to be mad at exactly. It reveals an erosion of support for the president among young and non white voters upset about the economy and gaza. So again it's written away when JENNI sign when cut out, Oh you can't afford at home. I bought my house for twenty thousand dollars in outs or a three million.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's basically for healthcare when I broke my leg and now I'm bankrupt when my college education what's a false promise? Fucking babies Jesus right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, again, like we're saying, it's definitely giving their readers a reason to reflexively just blame progressives and younger voters if Trump wins. But again, most of the point at bet like at worst, it's it's very very fucking close, and there's no way to fucking make sense of these polls right now. The other the one, the other thing that is worrying though. In Axios, it was being reported that Biden is, first of all, just to lay the table here, Biden is not performing as well as he was in twenty twenty at this point, and it's been reported that he actually doesn't really believe in any of the bad polls where he's good and either do his advisors like they're kind of like, nah, it's just like hater shit, no need, no need to humans who aren't willing to vote for you. We call them fucking haters. We don't wantactly, that's what they're saying. That's what all they're saying to each other in the White House right now, agreeing with each other. And it's just these young exactly they're gonna be exactly exactly. But yeah, all this to say, polling is always changing, and again we'll see neither candidate is really dominating, but the underlying data suggests Biden may have the slimmest of advantages. And look, plenty of time for either of them to have a huge fuck up or their bodies to expire, or maybe that disaster Republicans are waiting for it to pounce on is on the way.
Speaker 2: I who knows. All we do know is November. Please take your time. I feel like the disaster is here. Biden is fucking it up and like this is it's a weird one.
Speaker 1: Like Republicans, they couldn't be like, yeah, man, Biden is all in on just the killing of innocence, Like this is what our FOREM camp. He's fucking letting people use bathrooms wind energy.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I feel like I saw somebody writing about like their stance on this is like I don't need to like claim I'm going to say I'm going to vote for Biden right now when there's an opportunity he needs my support in the like in the coming months, and he's completely fucking outside of like what it seems like a reasonable humanitarian like job a president would do. So like, I don't know, it's like I feel like this headline is aimed at people, like to get everybody to just panic and go back to just being like, yeah, but it's better than Trump, and so we got to go back to supporting him, and obviously like we you know, yeah, it just feels like they don't want you to have the right to.
Speaker 1: Threscern any kind of leverage over a presidential candidate. We have God, that's like the only power we have in this world. Let world run by like corporations and like more corporations than him.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's how good.
Speaker 1: That's how backwards the state of things are is, Like, you know, people are definitely in the streets and protesting, and then the other part is being like, well I might not vote for them, Like no, just don't do that out of your mind, right, Well then fucking come to the table or yeah, yeah, exactly, the polls are all just haters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so big yikes.
Speaker 1: If true, And I believe based on how he's the glacial pace at which this president moved.
Speaker 2: I believe true. Man, his face looks more and more like it hurts, you know, like he's he's like doing a thing with his face that's like really like looks like it's on fire. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, like you got and you didn't wipe your face off and like the like the chlorine is just drying your skin out or something. Yeah, you know, it just like looks real stretched and like whoa kind of look like him when you did whoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really good impression. Yeah. Like, maybe I'll take a picture and you can. You can go to Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's my I'm just gonna put I'm just gonna do my my little photoshoppery and put Biden's face on yours.
Speaker 2: And I don't think I'm going to realize that.
Speaker 1: All right, this is a fun little so there's been a couple of fun little art projects in New York lately. We had the enormous hot dog that grew erect and ejaculated confetti into this guy over Times Square. Comfetti comfetti, It comfettied everywhere. Uh, And there was like a wrestling ring by the base of it, and just just a fun way to celebrate slash make fun of America. And there's also now a video portal set up between New York City and Dublin, and basically it's a live feed that they designed to look like a sci fi portal. The aspect ratio is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It does kind of look like you're just like looking like you can walk into it and come out on the other side.
Speaker 1: If I was, if I was like on mushrooms, I'm there's like a fifteen percent chance I believe that that's just on the other side.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, it's pretty cool. Things started off nicely, people waving to each other, dancing, siblings having reunions.
Speaker 3: There was a proposal, yeah, all very nicion was featured.
Speaker 2: The featured fucking hurts. Yeah. But then my fellow irishman ow but if there's a camera that's live streaming, you have to do dumb shit in front of it, like the people found out. I don't know what they were doing for that first day, but like eventually the law people are like, you know what we have to do.
Speaker 1: There's a social contract that says if there is a camera live streaming.
Speaker 2: Basically, the bar is opened in Dublin right, probably mere moments after the portal opened, because the bars are never not open in Dublin. I was once walking home from school at two in the afternoon and a woman in like a school marm dress came out of a bar and threw up on my shoes and then went back in to the bar.
Speaker 1: Like it's just oh, just these yeah, yeah, they go hard, like from Jump Street.
Speaker 2: It's it's all like a massive state college campus over there. Just that level of drinking.
Speaker 1: That's that didn't bode well for the people who wanted this to be a fun, little art project for people around three thousand or so miles away.
Speaker 11: Does I think it rules who we are this is But I guess that I'm mad about is that they're not embracing the chaos because, like we said, inevitably people started doing dumb shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is from an article about a quote a number of drunken Dubliners were seen standing in front of the portal pretending to take cocaine. You know, this is from the pretending to Europe when they say take cocaine, take it, yeah, to cocaine, holding up their phones to show pornographic videos and showing photos of the Twin Towers on n.
Speaker 2: This is you. Did you see that? The guy literally just marches up and he's like point, He's like, huh huh. Remember this nine to eleven. That's your town, right. I was in Dublin months after nine to eleven and a girl I went on a date with was like, yeah, but you guys kind of deserved it, Like damn, you're like, what are you saying? That's fun? It's me a wife. People do.
Speaker 3: So you're like on camera and you see it in local news stuff and then on the big jumbo screen at like sporting events and stuff where right, that's I think that's maybe the best representation of how we could have predicted that this was going to happen. And I remember when I was in high school, I went to like a Phillies game with five of my best friends and then we got on the big jumbo tron and instinctually they all just started beating the ship out of me.
Speaker 2: Like Audi.
Speaker 3: They treated like friends. They were all at my wedding like they were all my best friends. That doesn't naked muttered the wheels are on my best friends.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Then on my wedding he pants to me when I was giving my yah, took the underwear down too.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know how best friends are. Then through red paint on me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was wearing a fur coat.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Another man was seen exposing his quote bare bottom in front of the Portland Dublin as a crowd around him. Believe, I can't believe you could find a single picture of the portal without at least one person mooning it like that feels like it is what it is for, right, yeah, right, that's what did you think was going to happen. It's it's for us to be do our stupid human tricks across the sea and they're gonna be like, hey, mostly my butt. Yeah yeah, fine, great, let's do it. But then an OnlyFans creator said she said she got the portal shut down. As of right now, it is shut down as they try and figure out some technical solutions to keep like within the spirit of what the art piece is. So I don't know what that means. It's like permanently. I thought it was like shut down for a second. Like as of an article three hours ago in the BBC, it just said the Couacter study overwhelming majority of interactions are positive, but a small minority of people had engaged in inappropriate behavior and it's been amplified. So we will continue the monitor the situation with our partners in New York to ensure that that portals continue to deliver positive experience for both cities. I would again argue that showing your ass flash the camera, doing nine to eleven memes across the sea, that's just what that's what this is for. And I don't think we should be trying to do anything else. I'm actually genuinely shocked to us that like not one dude started doing helicopters in front of it, because I feel like I see that all the time, and you're like that we just let out, like yeah, in like England or like just in Europe, like people get the people get the wangs out and they start a helicoptering and you know, so I guess that was maybe a copter too far.
Speaker 2: Get your wang copters out, because that's when I brainstorm. I truly assumed this was designed as a transcontinental like mooning and sunning device, Like what else could you have possibly thought was going to happen? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, No, we had some serious conversations about mental health and how to solve the housing crisis, like no.
Speaker 2: It's right now supposed to show an unfiltered glimpse of reality, and like they shut it down for content that would have been rated PG in the early eighties, like boobs, and like mooning is not even like a PG thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and who would have known a bunch of depraved bucks would be in Times Square the worst place the entire world, Like.
Speaker 2: It used to be just all pornography there. You can't evensturbation show your breasts to the screen, which is what I call them. I call them breasts. I know I was.
Speaker 1: I was almost accidentally kicked by someone filming a TikTok dance video when I was in New York a few months ago, and that was like, I was like, what the fuck is going on? Like everyone uses that area to make TikTok videos. Now you went to Times Square yeah, because when I for dinner, No, when there's some work thing, I was there, I had to go out there and like the place that I was going to, I had to traverse, like I had to cross through Time Square to get to it. And I was just like, wow, cool man, I'm in Times Square. And then some kid was getting sturdy and almost kicked me in my kneecap. Yeah, all right, let's take another quick break and we'll come back. Okay, Okay, Hey, is that is that cool to you?
Speaker 2: Guys? All right? Cool? Don't leave though, Blake, stay right there. I'm not going anywhere. I'm stay. I have to used to staying here, keeping here the whole time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is the green microphone for Eagles?
Speaker 3: It's it is my favorite color and also my favorite team's color. My favorite I like green everything?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Green? I love green? Greenies over a green huge. Green's your favorite color? I don't think I've ever asked you that, what's your favorite color? Bro? Don't don't don't start like you care now you know what I mean? Is it gray?
Speaker 7: I know you?
Speaker 2: Fuck it? Idiot? The orange idiot? I love orange. Orange near the top. Orange is glue. I love orange, don't just say that now, Jack, Now I got a little orange flower right here. Oh yeah, orange sunflowers, orange star flowers. What they're all right? All right? Is that why you have Netherlands jerseys? Miles?
Speaker 1: I do like that is aside from the fact that there are a lot of like, like you know, some legendary players that have played for the Nettherlands. But yeah, I like, yeah, that's one reason I like to wear that jersey. Comem like yeah, like nice, you can't not everybody can pull orange off. And you know what I think it was. It was it took one ex girlfriend to say I looked good in orange to be like, yes, now I'm taking risks.
Speaker 2: Baby. Used to wear blue. I used to I'm not joking. I used to only wear fucking blue.
Speaker 1: Only blue, not even because I thought I was like some kind of like a crip or whatever. I was just so such boy that I was like, blue is my favorite. And then like if I'm feeling they're like they wear blue, yeah, I'll wear Carolina or I call it Carolina blue.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, baby, No no, no, no, no, no CalPERS blue.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, and then it took this one one ex to be like, wow, you look really good. And then like her friend, we went out like to a like a bar or something there. I was like, okay, orange shirt, I like that on you and I was like I'm I'm the orange.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there it is. You can control my behavior. So with one on something I'm wearing, I will wear nothing else for you.
Speaker 1: I stopped shaving my shitty beard because someone in college was like, I was like, it looks like terrible.
Speaker 2: She's like no.
Speaker 1: I kind of remember thinking like, oh, what's up with him? Because he had like the interesting facial hair. And I was like, do you mean because it looks so shitty. She's like, well, you know, but it was. It was interesting, and for a while.
Speaker 2: I thought that was the move. It's not wonder thing.
Speaker 1: No, they must know, right, Like yeah, they're probably like, yo, I could vince this idiot to wear orange not shave his stupid ass beer.
Speaker 3: Someone said it was funny when I was six and I'm still doing stand.
Speaker 2: Up, like what you doing? Exactly right? Yeah? Yeah, look at us now? All right? I don't know are we were? We all were? We always back is the question. It doesn't matter back. We've been back, never been away. All right, we're back we're but back to the news. We have important news. A restaurant in Las Vegas promised a Bluey Day and it ended up being not so great. It was kind of yeah, it kind of Wonka experience ish that, but not I don't know, like this, this feels a little different to me. That's why that's why I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Bring it to to to this triumvirate of great minds. Is because ever since that Wonka experience in Glasgow, I've always just been dubious of like any event that's like gear towards kids. It's like, and we've got characters that you can check out, and yeah, this hot dog place they said, Hey, it's called dirt Dog. They're like, yo, Bluey Day, watch Bluey all that and face painting, gave blue giveways, meet the Bluey, meet Blue and friends. So guess what the parents showed up And now you can already guess how this ends, because why the fuck would we talk about a successful blue event? No, no, no, so good it was.
Speaker 2: It was so good. It was amazing. The kids had such a good time. Well, the voice.
Speaker 1: Work by the people in the suits was incredible. I'll just play this clip from the local news It starts off with a little girl saying, how like upset she was about the bullshit she was seeing in front of her.
Speaker 2: And I saw him like the sclor and I was sad, she said. I saw him and I just ignored him. I was so mad. Did he look like the cartoon?
Speaker 1: Did he look like like on TV? No? He he looked like unexpected. We could like hear fear.
Speaker 5: Sophia and other kids said the same reaction. The Bluey they expected was not who greeted them. On the left, this is a photo a parent took at an event with the popular cartoon character blue On the right, it's a staff member of Dirt Dog in a makeshift Bluey costume.
Speaker 1: The kids were distraught.
Speaker 5: Some kids were crying. Some kids were upset, crying in their parents' shoulders. Three thousand people rsvped on the Facebook event. Crowds poured in for hours. There were lines outside in the heat inside concerns about capacity, from the face painting to baked goods. Many parents say they were underwhelmed and the free stuff got snatched up quickly.
Speaker 1: How could you do that to little kids?
Speaker 2: How could you do that?
Speaker 1: So when I look at it, I'm like it's not. It's it definitely does not rise to the egregiousness of the experience that was like the.
Speaker 2: Wanka thing was like existentially troubling on the inside, right right right, Yeah, this looks like a rest like it looks like a Blaze pizza on the inside. Right that just happens to like have be overcrowded and have some like like have a bluey children's birthday party happening right like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I mean, you know, like the restaurants like this is the restaurant's apology made it feel less scary because I was like, is this a scam? Where I think this feels more like the restaurants. I love this restaurant first of all. Quote it's called Dirt Dog. It's a hip hop themed hot dog restaurant.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: I was I was hoping that there would be like more of an old dirty bastard vibe. But I don't know how you pull off an old dirty bastard vibe like in a place that serves food but to kids.
Speaker 3: And then I want to a trademark infringement, that is one thing. They'll have a bad event, but they won't. They won't possessence, I mean exactly that. That was a question that occurred to me. It's like, where, how the fuck are they?
Speaker 2: They reached out to the creators of Bluie and we're like, hey, we're gonna throw an event with they'd probably get dinged for that at a mask, right, this has to be bad news for them one way or another drawing attention to this event. But yeah, it looks like a Blaze pizza with an Eminem poster on the wall. That's the only poster that I could see, just.
Speaker 1: The one, like really like great, but you want the hip hop thing they have? Yeah, yeah, it's from the It's from the Encore album. Not even one of his good ones. Yeah, but the fuck Encore. Nobody was fucking with that one.
Speaker 2: The staff just seemed like real cool though. Yeah, they were like, wow, Bluey's really popular. Good to know we won't fuck this up next time, and to know we're like, we're high as shit at our hot dog restaurant. It's on a whim thought maybe this would be something for the kids. Uh.
Speaker 1: They posted on their social media quote, we are truly sorry this event wasn't to standard. We will work on improving all of the events going forward so we can bring you the highest quality as you all deserve. We appreciate everyone taking the time to send us your feedback, and some of.
Speaker 2: The feedback was fuck you.
Speaker 1: My kids are so upset because you had some guy in the jank ass bandit pajamas. That shit wasn't even bluey because that was a thing that like the people, the complaints from parents, they feel like very American, you know what I mean, Like we're shit, isn't that bad?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But you want to act like they were like and they served us broken glass. They're like, okay, dude, it was some dude. It was sure. The costume was yanky and it was banded. Okay, that's true.
Speaker 2: But they were you know, they were giving up. They were they have free treats and ship.
Speaker 1: There was a good college effort. They weren't telling you anybody like AI supernatural effects and shiit were gonna happen.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what I would have expected from a free blue event put on by a hot dog restaurant. Exit.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bar also, I was looking up. I think it's almost more a bar with hot dogs at it. Yeah, it is just a hot dog, So you brought your kids to a bar, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's not to yeah, but I do like the the part where the news report is like, and many parents were underwhelmed. That is the story. That's the essence of the story. It was underwhelming right right. The costume was a big miss, Like they fucked up the costume really badly. But that is not the level that requires a local news story. It feels like this is kind of coasting off of the power of that Willy Wonka story exactly.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I think everybody. That's why I was even like another Wonka story and then I'm like, this feels like it. Look, we get it. We we want everybody to we want another sad Oupa lupa at a bar.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The costume is truly fucked Like they really did a bad job with the costume. Yeah, the way that thing is cut, I would not have kids around an adult man in that in that car.
Speaker 2: No like his Yeah, the body of Batman is like a big mumu. But then the face part is like a flat paper like mask that's like rising up over his head because he doesn't want to like actually wear it. But look, you can entertain a three year old with a cardboard box and cranks like that, that's an afternoon for you. So if there's this much anguish over an event is probably coming from like you know, them reading your ship, you know, yeah, yeah, so I don't know anyway, just just get a fucking cardboard guys. Is it that fucking hard? You don't have to take a blue fest just yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like always amazed at with like what the baby is playing with. Like he's got all these toys and ship, now he just likes to play with the fucking weird stopper behind the door.
Speaker 2: There's like, yeah, that's like his favorite toy.
Speaker 1: What about this educational No, he's fucking playing that ship like a fucking.
Speaker 2: Banjo or like mouth harp like the bassist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't realize how important those doorstoppers are, by the way, until you break one. Because we have not had one in our door for like, I think maybe eight months, because the walls replaces it. Our neighbors I think are like that this is we have to go property dalues plummeted in the entire it's just the door not hitting the wall is so loud and jarring like the Dream.
Speaker 2: Palace at the end of Inception where it's just like crumbling, right, all right, and finally big news in the world of AI. Kind of, I don't know they changed the voice basically. I saw like a headline a couple of days back, those like open AI releases a new like flirtier chat GPT, and I was like, all right, like I don't unt necessarily want the way you said that. You like, yeah, yeah, no, that was me being horned this one already. Yeah, alright. So they're releasing basically a new AI voice assistant that sounds exactly like Scarlett Johansson from the movie Her, possibly because they realize that people getting horny for their smartphones is good business. Possibly because Sam Altman is so sam Altman. I meant to talk about him more on our Tech episode because he's he's like a real he's a lot. It kind of exactly what Ed talks about when he's talking about like manager class people who pose as like I'm an engineer. I understand the ins and outs of all this, right, but then like doesn't like all all he's ever really done is like get Wall Street excited about an idea that he doesn't truly understand, or that he does understand but is trying to get people to misunderstand, very similar to Elon Musk. So ask Sam Alton Freed exactly and we're done here. Actually that's we We got to go out on that. But all right, Blake, yeah, just give us a song. Following the presentation, though he tweeted simply the word Her, which he has said before is his favorite movie. He's also the person who like talks about how he keeps a gun and poison pill on him like all the time in case the AI attacks, Like he just he his whole strategy is he likes to play up how advanced and like sci fi his technology is, even though experts in the field suggest it's basically just like a glorified autocomplete, but like he's borrowing from the cultural capital that sci fi films have given us to make billions and billions of dollars, Like it's the there's this massive market on Wall Street that is like based on all this hype around these things that.
Speaker 1: I think he's like, miss I can't tell if he's like willfully misunderstanding it or like some of the reporting on him suggests he like doesn't really understand the code, so maybe he really believes his own bullshit and is like, finally we've created my girlfriend that has been wanting to fuck forever. I love her so much. Please tell me what I'm looking at. These are ducks gliding on the wall. I mean, there's all like I feel like, on Twitter, so many people are just dubious, like out the fucking gate in terms of like what they like, what it said it was doing, and they're like they're probably just training it on the like just these very narrow, these very narrow examples. But yeah, either way, like like you were saying on Tuesday, we're not past the point of fun party toy, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's like what it does.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, man, get it to write a song about Jack's plumpers, and it's like even then, Zechgang is even fucking better than AI. So I'm like, well, I don't look, no, you're not You're not usurping anybody except for maybe, you know, being a bad visual artist or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're usurping me. My My ability to write plumpers is pretty limited.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry, I don't like hearing you say that.
Speaker 2: I don't like about my friend. I don't, but one thing open A. I had to walk back the claims that they I was designed to sound like Scarlett Johansson because obviously they get suit if they didn't, so they're like, we've had these voices forever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's that this is not just open AI like cyber Truck.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk was like, this is the truck from Blade Runner, right, which is like set in a depressing healthscape run on slavery. You know.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, but that's pretty tight, right, can robots consent?
Speaker 2: Whoa? Whoa? What the fuck did you get from them? Here we go? Yeah? Shit.
Speaker 1: Metaverse is from all sorts of different sci fi universes, snow Crash being the most dystopian end upsetting, and now Her, which, like the movie Her ends with the protagonists realizing that he actually has to deal with the messiness of human relationships, and the AI is like abandoning humanity, right, I mean, if they should, they need to focus on like the cool shit I get, like the overarching themes from sci fi, but like one part was that I wish they could bring back are like the drugs from sci fi movies. Yeah, Report Rember He's like, oh, he wants some clarity, and I'm like the And this dude was like fucking like watching his dead family and whole home videos and like like, yo, let me see that. I don't need metaverse, but yeah, you know, I'll take I.
Speaker 2: Feel like a drug in Minority Report looked like a reverse kazoo Like it wasn't it like an inhale little inhale? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, like it like kind of shot it into your mouth.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that. I want more eye dropper drugs. All that's I also carry a gun and poison. I just hate my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just in case I need to. Man, look at that.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I would my whole my teenage bedroom would have been filled to pack to the gills.
Speaker 2: Was spent clarity inhalers? Yeah man, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kazoo mixed with like a little with a vape.
Speaker 3: I guess we have those. They're called vape. Oh I guess they are just vapes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, blake vape from Clarity. Folks like Tucker Carlson says, vape Wexler, what a pleasure of having you.
Speaker 2: Thank you on the show. The vape is online? Where can people find you, follow you all that good.
Speaker 3: Stuff at Blake Wexler and all social media. I'm going to be in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for live stand up May twenty second, which is a Wednesday. Those tickets are available now May twenty third, the next day will be in Pittsburgh. And also I am doing I'm bringing my plumpers to charitable projects now where each year I bike in this the Philadelphia Eagles do this charity bike ride, so I'm raising money for autism awareness. And that link is also in my social media bios. If you if you can bear some money. If you can't, I get it. You're probably young gen z. You know work, you don't.
Speaker 2: Care, you don't care.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just want to take camp out. Y'all are just so poor, so poor.
Speaker 2: I want to get camp out and get Trump elected. That's right.
Speaker 3: Sorry, inflation's only hitting you.
Speaker 1: I think everything is priced fairly. Now, finally, that's my I do we do have to say that's a I was raised in an airport, so.
Speaker 2: I don't don't worry. I don't think. I don't think anyone thought that was your real take.
Speaker 3: No, They're like, why do they keep having him on?
Speaker 2: He's a scumbag takes. He's a scumbag.
Speaker 1: He gets everyone hate listens when he's on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. Also, Daddy Long Legs, people should go check out.
Speaker 3: That Long Legs My Hour Special. Thank you for reminding me of the biggest thing in my career to this point, which I continue to forget because it already happened. But yeah, no, it's still available. It's called Daddy Long Legs My Hour Special. But yeah, Lancaster Pa made twenty second, it's berg May twenty third and Daddy Long Legs.
Speaker 2: Are you getting a piece of yeah.
Speaker 1: Side chunk twenty points on the back end of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Remember we were getting off, we were getting all fucked up on Clarity man, watching old hole movies.
Speaker 3: It's the most clear I've ever been.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right? Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yes, other than wester Daddy Long Legs available on YouTube and Clarity for free.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: There is a tweet from Shane O'Connor. He's a comedian at Plane Underscore Shane, and his tweet was happy birthday bono from at you two. I know I do this every year and you guys never respond, But I just tore my rotator cuff in Cornhole. It's the corn Whole Leaks semi Finals, so it would be the lot So that is the saddest tweet I've ever read. And that is from at Plane Underscore Shane Plain Chain, Plain Chain amazing.
Speaker 2: Miles your new nickname? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where can people find you as their work? Amedia you've been enjoying. I can be found at Miles of Gray on Twitter and threads and Instagram and all that other stuff. You can also find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm ad boost and you.
Speaker 1: Can also find me on four to twenty Dance talking about ninety day fiance. Some tweets I like at Jasmine L. Watkins who if you like NBA Twitter and you're not following Jasmine Watkins, you.
Speaker 2: Need to be.
Speaker 1: Because Lebron James was at the Cleveland Calves Celtics Game four the other night, sit in front row and someone pointed out like underneath him he had a bottle of red wine. Said Lebron James has coffee, a bottle of wine and water under his seat at Caves Celtics Game four, and then Jasmine did quote to it. He said breaking Lebron James is in his late thirties and yeah, that felt about right. Another one is from Ellie Kreman dat Ally Cremondall at Elli Kremndall tweeted, every X smoker spends one minute a day fantasizing about an alternate reality.
Speaker 2: We're smoking is good for you? Yeah, yeah, we all. I think we all have that. It's like, maybe that's the secret to the life. Yeah, that's clarity.
Speaker 1: I do do that, all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Ohbrian tweet, I've been enjoying. I just enjoyed this history historic VIDs tweet, which is like fifty percent of my feet at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's everyone's fucking feet. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: This is what basketball looked like nineteen thirty nine. And it's just a video of basketball in nineteen thirty nine and there's just people just like draining the two handed set shots from like way deep. It's kind of impressive, but also everybody just looks completely unathletic and shitty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We always talk about Boosti's about how how basketball is progressive, it gets better year to year, and if you dis agree.
Speaker 1: Watch you're saying you want to take these jokers on the on the seventy six ers. Man, I mean, this does make me fantasize about how good at basketball I would have been in nineteen thirty nine. I know, Oh my god, I know, like you can block the shot with your elbow, like the way they're shooting it. They're like shooting it from their waist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I shoot from the hip, which is not good for basketball.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, real bad nation shot from above your head. Nah.
Speaker 2: Nah, I gotta shoot from the belt, which which our uniforms have. For some reason, every basketball has a big belt. Yeah. I guess they didn't have elastic. Also Cold Stone Cold Jane Austen tweeted one day for Mom, one.
Speaker 1: Day for Dead, a week for Sharks, as it should be.
Speaker 2: That is correct. We do have the correct balance on that one.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscorel Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist, a d Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan and a website, Daily is it Guys dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes. We link off to the information that we talked about today's episode, as well as the.
Speaker 2: Song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 1: Jorge Enjoy, who could it possibly be?
Speaker 2: I need you up here? What song? Yes, hey, my Enjoy. I think this is an instant one.
Speaker 1: It's called slow Burn and it's a collaboration between the vocalist Baby Rose and one of my favorite sort of new jazz, funky soul.
Speaker 2: Bands, Just Bad, Bad Not Good. Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's called slow Burn and it's just cool. It's like a dreamy soul R and B kind of album. Her voice is fucking just really dope, really great tambre to that voice, and then Bad Bad Not Good. If you know they're if you know bad Bad, not Good and their musical stylings, you're gonna like this. If you like crungbin and just sort of like more laid back instrumentally kind of stuff, this is right up your alley. Take this into the weekend. Slow Burn, Baby Rose, Bad Bad, Not Good, all right, slabbery.
Speaker 2: And we'll link off to that in the footnotes.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio is the iHeart radio app app podcast.
Speaker 2: Wherever you listen to your favorite shows, that is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then bite bite Sie