Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies.
Speaker 3: These episodes are based on.
Speaker 4: These are our stories, done done.
Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to That's Messed Up, an SVU podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Kara Klank and I'm Liza Traeger, and here we talk SVU true crime. We talk to celeb guests or not, so you'll have to wait till the end to see what we got to tuck in here. I don't know, I mean it it is truly December tenth today. We are so in the time machine, you are fully January seventh.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what we're supposed to talk.
Speaker 1: Like, we've already missed all the jokes about January sixth. It's like New Year's Resolutions have already come and gone by the time this episode is coming out, you know, like lot of our movies have been watched, everything has done, but we can't come.
Speaker 2: But we don't know. We don't know what we got for Christmas. We don't know how the winter went. Like, oh, we don't know if more CEOs were gunned down in the streets. We do we don't know. I mean was here all the way in the beginning of December. I mean tonight, in real time, I'm gonna go see the Big Gay Jamboree's it's a show. I don't know, but it's the star from Tysanni and it's like the piano player. I see a lot of club coming who plays with cat and like the I think the guy from snel is on. It's just a show.
Speaker 3: It's a show.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you, like like a variety show, cabaret type thing.
Speaker 2: Like no, I think it's a musical. It's a musical. It's it's got it. Yeah, the Big Gay Jamboree. I think it's like someone is stuck in a gay musical.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's a play fun, that's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Closes on the fifteenth of December, so you can't even go how about that?
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: It's so far in the future. We're so far in the future, but cant even know. We're uh, we're we're still we're here. It's the first episode of twenty twenty five. Big plans for the new year, just kidding. I don't have any big plans. I don't know we'll see. I don't know what's gonna happen in twenty twenty five, but.
Speaker 2: My Special Lill is hopefully still coming out January twenty eighth. Who knows what big things might happen from inauguration to the special.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but night now comes out. I mean, TikTok's even around now anymore or not?
Speaker 2: Like we're at a time now where Jane like, TikTok might be illegal in our land right now. But yeah, and we're not even talking about it because we don't know. It's just, you know, an idea in the air. It's just an idea in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I will see, I will be I will be interested to see.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if he's gonna do anything that he says is gonna do.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see. I got friends moving to Canada.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what's gonna go on. Are they rich? Rich rich people move into Canada?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one, it's one friend. I don't know why I said plural, but it's him and his boyfriend. Uh, but yeah, he's rich, so he can do that. And well that was the thing.
Speaker 2: It was like Roberts in here and like certain people being like and I'm out of here. It's like no one actually cares about you. Like you were a millionaire with homes everywhere already, so what is you leaving? Have any You're not doing anything right, right? I mean you should you should go survive. They kill artists, like sure, if you're a millionaire. But it's just like, I'm sorry, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Ellen.
Speaker 2: If you're moved to France, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you would have been fine.
Speaker 3: So, oh, you know what I was going to bring up.
Speaker 1: This is probably old news at this point, but I caught this and I took a screenshot of it. You know the family that we talked about in the Turpin family in California in the esters Book Broster episode that we did, did you guys know that? According to Oprah Tyler, Perry saw like a special about that family and has taken care of them, like into their adulthood, those kids. Like he has financially taken care of that family. Yeah, he's like a quiet good Samaritan.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, he also you know, he famously paid for security for U Megan Markle And.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, that's right. I think.
Speaker 2: I mean he's very wealthy, and I think he is doing good stuff.
Speaker 3: Wow, taking care of the this is good news.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I thought it was like a little kid he helped update.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh god, crazy of all. Just I know these children in sesque family vibes. Wow, Tyler Perry, I'm just like obsessed. I know he's killing it. I don't know if I've ever seen a Tyler Perry project, though I have seen one.
Speaker 1: I went to see a Medea Halloween or whatever the Halloween was that came out like five four or five years ago.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: We went with a big group of people and it was the first time I had ever seen one of those movies, and I was like, it was it was like an interesting It was fun to go in a theater with a bunch of friends.
Speaker 3: But the movies are insane. I mean they're they.
Speaker 1: Literally star just the regular people that are always in them, him playing seven characters or whatever. And then he had a ton of like TikTok people or Instagram stars that I had never heard of before that were just in him. Oh.
Speaker 2: I think I was on Jean Marco's podcast. But the Tyler Perry playing all the characters. Obviously Eddie Murphy played you know, like the line of that. But I guess there's a right wing conservative guy and he like dresses in women's clothing and like make up in a way.
Speaker 3: Again it's like I'm trans but is uh? Or you know, look at me?
Speaker 2: But John Murco is bringing up that he's never repeated an outfit, that it's all sewn to perfection, and that his makeup looks incredible, and like, I wonder how many years into this is he gonna be like, Oh I like this, you know what I mean? Yeah, because all the things like oh am I a woman now?
Speaker 1: And it's like it seems like you're padding is pretty on point. Yeah, you're you're definitely looking up tutorials. You're not just like spackling on some makeup here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, because so the quote that he used when I was I think I was on their pod was like, if you write a woman a sonet, you love her. If you write someone five hundred sonnets, you love sonnets. Yeah, so I just thought. I also just met a friend of a friend and every Halloween he likes to get really slutty. He goes, it's when women dress slutty, and I like to honor that Halloween tradition, and it's not always like woman slutty, like sometimes I forgot the option, you know, like the boor at the bathing suit's kind of slutty.
Speaker 3: Like you could.
Speaker 2: But this past year he was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader like wig, but nobody'd be like a full little outfit and he goes out no jacket and it's very important to him to just like be a part of Halloween culture. And he said that they went to like a Broie bar and this like big ass bro was like going over and talk to me.
Speaker 3: He's like, great, I'm gonna get fucked with.
Speaker 2: But the guy said to him, whenever I look in the mirror, I wish I saw what you look like.
Speaker 3: And so then he was like, oh okay.
Speaker 2: And then his friend was talking to the guys for like the two friends of these guys are talking and the guy went, oh, no, my friend's trying to fuck your friend for sure. So then I was thinking about the pickup line of like wanting to see that in the mirror but also fuck this person, and yeah, I was just I've been thinking about it for days, so shout out, wow.
Speaker 3: That is interesting, geez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because his wife actually got us a new list. I think his his sister in law is now listening to the pod, so welcome, but hello, welcome to this. But yeah, to be like, every time I look at the mirror, I wish I looked like you. So it's like I just wonder how. I mean, we know howman like. We know it's a lot because gay dudes are fucking straight dudes all the time quote unquote yes so, but I am curious how many ultra aggressive, agro straight.
Speaker 3: Guys are really like on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Trying to fuck as straight dude and a cowboy cheerleader outfit, and how much of it is wanting to know fuck the person and then be the person.
Speaker 3: And it's just like, ye, so wild, and.
Speaker 1: There's like a narcissism in there, like you want to fuck the person that you want to be also like because you Yeah, I don't know, that's weird, that's crazy. But I hope that that guy finds what he's looking for. I hope he finds the right cheerleader. Well, gays do that for sure. They love to fuck people that look like themselves. Oh, I have like so many friends that are married to people that look exactly like them. It's like, so it's so crazy. Wait you were speaking of you were talking about Eddie Murphy for a second.
Speaker 3: Just reminded me.
Speaker 1: Did you see that Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence's kids are engaged to each other?
Speaker 3: I thought that was cute all that like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's I think it's Eddie Murphy's son and Martin Lawrence's daughter, or I might be reversed, but like, yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Kind of the white version of that.
Speaker 2: I would says Tony Hawk's child son is married to Kurt Cobain and Courtney Yes' daughter, and I feel like that's, uh, that's pretty epic too. I mean the net posts are just everywhere. I yeah, and they're all, yeah, getting married. Why wouldn't they marry each other?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of like, I kind of I think that's like so cute. I mean everything on the internet is about Luigi. It's really hard to get away from it. I mean it's another week and we still don't know what's going on with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For me, it's like end of Era's tour. It's still wicked over here. For us, it's still Luigi. It's Oh and then there was like a post where it's him and jail being like, no, not Penn State, Penn, Like yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was like somebody said it last night. He was like, oh, we went to Penn and I was like, oh, that was my dream school.
Speaker 3: I wanted to go there. He did get in.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to go to Penn. Well, you know, I'll never be as good as Luigi. Should we get started. I mean, I got a great episode.
Speaker 3: I know it's a really good episode. I really like it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, oh, a Southern Charm premiered, you know, a month and a half ago, so talk about statement of Southern farm. But Shep, Oh my god, So you know, Shep's always a mess and like, I don't know much you know about it these for those who don't watch, it's like descendants of slave owners living in Charleston and they're all wealthy and kind of douchey, and then a few you.
Speaker 3: Know, Craig's and Northerner. But Shep's just a mess.
Speaker 2: He's a classic frat boy, like a Will Ferrell wedding crashers in his forties and last Bravo con he got so fucked up to the point like that was all part of the reunion last season was like he fucked up so bad, he was so blacked out, and everyone kind of ditched him and didn't want to deal with his shit anymore. Like Craig's like, I have a business, I have shit to do, Like I'm not dealing with her blacked out ass. And he does the most classic thing, which is he does ayahuasca and then he sits down and blames them for being bad friends and abandoning him and taking no responsibility for his drinking, and I just love that, And Craig's like, yeah, I've been drinking like ten minutes. I barely drink anymore. Like I don't know what to tell you. I don't want to hang out, like this is not a But then they have to apologize and be like, yeah, we should have been.
Speaker 3: There for you.
Speaker 2: But it's like we've seen this breakdown so many times, like the fact that like you went to do ayahuasca and it's still not like how I could change.
Speaker 3: It's like, you guys are actually bad friends. When I was blacked out, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually got a lot of clarity on something, and it's that you guys are all wrong, Like you guys are actually the beast.
Speaker 3: That actually happened.
Speaker 2: I went and had a drug journey with a big group and one of the people who is I would say, the most sunhinged. Her big takeaway was that she has everything figured out and she's right about everything, and she has no problems and she solved them all.
Speaker 3: Wow. That was her big powerful drug. Wow.
Speaker 2: That is so powerful. She's like, I have nothing to work on. It's all good, and we're like, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like crying, throwing up, like talking to spirits gone, and she's like, I'm actually killing it. I don't know what to say. Wow, Wow, I know who you're talking about. I'm almost positive and that makes a lot of sense. But uh, I hope everybody's getting uh is starting off their year with a not a person that's told them that they're the worst in after a drug journey. But let's let's start right. We've got a great episode today and uh, don't go anywhere. It's about to start. Okay, thrilled. I've been wanting to do this episode for a while. Prodigy Season three, episode thirteen, Get with it, Okay. So two cops that look like they're straight from the Andy Griffith Show comically giant hats.
Speaker 3: These are uniform dorks and.
Speaker 2: They're at a boat's slip doc area talking boat lingo retirement plans, and they're like and then one of them's like, retirement you haven't even been here six months?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 2: But I guess that's the young The young post is the boats. They see a man with a Duffel in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Not good.
Speaker 2: They ask for his marina pass. Clearly he doesn't have one. Why play these games? Flashlights up the duffel boys starts running. He tosses the bag into the water and runs off. The chase is on until they trip over another like active crime scene. So that sucks, And it's an old dead man suggestively posed onto a young dead woman and Pixie cut Benson quickly on the scene with Stabler filling her in.
Speaker 3: No wallet on the guy.
Speaker 2: The woman is strip naked sexually positioned after death and they're looking for the weapon and then the hands are missing of the woman and then Benson goes and the head so knock the.
Speaker 1: Gruesome as they say, a gruesome crime scene and.
Speaker 2: You know, is it the man with the duffel or not? They have him in custody so let's do a little chat. They can't chat. He's deaf, and that's the lead into the credits. So the big dun done is they have to wait for an interpreter, and that's the cliffhanger that we go into the credits with. They got him in cement room bars and he's annoyed and you know he's signing with the detectives though. He goes, yeah, I'm deaf, not dumb, because they're treating him like like he's an idiot. He doesn't want a lawyer though, because he did nothing wrong, and they're like, okay, you were on the docks. He goes, yeah, I couldn't sleep and I went for a walk and he goes, I didn't hear them. The cops announced themselves. I just saw a blinding light. I was scared. The bag was weighing me down. I had to go. They accused the bag of having body parts, and the dude is like what And then he's so grossed out by the pictures and he's like, I don't know what you're pulling, but this is not me okay, And then they're like, then tell us.
Speaker 3: What's in the bag. He goes, well, not body parts.
Speaker 2: And then Munch and Craig and walk and talk and it's like, so this guy, you know, it seems like a burglary. They found the bag, there's two laptops and some jewelry. So Sailor walks out to meet suspender Daddy in the spy room and he's like, I don't think the deaf dude did it, Like, you know, his past crimes are weed and theft. Like he's not covered in blood. I really don't think it. So like they just don't think it was him. And then so Craigan orders to give this guy up to burglary and then check out. Let's check out the deaf community and see if any of his enemies are missing. So lol on that, like, he can only have enemies that are deaf, And so the brainstorm meeting starts. Now why is she missing hand head? But the man is fully intact. That's a good question. Munch is like, maybe a cannibal, and Fin's like, shut the fuck up. If it was a cannibal, they would have used more fleshy parts of his body. And then Craigan's like, enough, boys, I want facts, not theories. So we have to go learn about the victims. Like, hopefully that'll help us. So we go down to the emmy's office and we have o'hallerin. He's cute, he's young, We love him. The man that is dead is in his mid fifties, the woman early forties. They both had deep stab wounds in their stomach, and then the guy had lipstick on his dick and sperm aside, so maybe they were having sex, Like is it a rape?
Speaker 3: Is it sex? Like?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Is it an accident on purpose? Like what's up? And then but the dude had a wedding ring on, so Stabler's like, oh no, no, this is married couples don't fucking parks like this.
Speaker 3: Something's up here.
Speaker 2: So Hallerin goes, yeah, but I don't think this woman's a working girl. I've never met a working girl in her forties without any cervical display, So maybe a mistress. Again, they don't look like they party together, so what's gonna happen? Like he had a point one seven blood alcohol and she was clean. There's no print hits on him. But he is a peace maker, a peacemaker. He's a pacemaker, a pacemaker. So he because of the numbers and the pacemaker. Uh, doctors have to keep records on all of their patients. So off to the office. We go to Ruben's, the office of Ned Rubin. You don't need to know. It's an industries. I can't believe it. We go to a place with the pacemakers. The guy, of course, is like privacy, privacy. Finn and Munch are gonna like get him to talk. They threaten him, so he goes. Okay, his name's Edward Bugs and they have his wife in a little sweater in woodroom blinds. She's very Midwest to me. He works the night shift. But why was he in the park. It doesn't make sense to her. He works at Randall's Island. She doesn't know why he was drinking, like ed doesn't drink anymore. She's either in denial or something's going on. They ask if he's cheating on her, and she starts to cry. It's like, okay, he's dead. Do you have to bring this up right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were you also being cheated on by your dead husband? Like they really have no tapped for special victims. Finn Munched Craigan look onto Stabler and Benson with her, and Finn is like, yeah, she did it.
Speaker 3: She killed them.
Speaker 2: Look at her acting and it's like this sad, sad woman, she did not mastermind this murder, like she is not an actress.
Speaker 3: Finn is so off his game here.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, this shaky woman no, and then Munch calls her meek mindy, like she truly is not the killer Finn, and Finn goes, she could have hired a hit man, and it's like, oh yeah, it's still season three. He hasn't learned yet and this isn't a narcotics So they go to a bar where they think this guy was drinking and the bartender remembers him he's had whiskey on the rocks there every single night for the past two weeks. And then Thursday though, he hooked up with a regular whose name is Vinnie, and Vinnie a scum. So what we find out about them is like they talk about women, and they did leave together because something about ice cubes melting.
Speaker 3: Oh, she goes, I got to get back to work.
Speaker 2: My ice cubes are melting, like so funny to me, so like there's so much like extra ice to use, you don't have to use those, Like how long could they have possibly been talking that the ice cubes are melting. It's it's a perfect bar seem so. Anyways, we meet Vinnie. We have Vinnie and cement room bars. He's a scumbag. We love this guy. He has a silk patterned top on. He's a wise guy. Also familiar face. He's been in four episodes of svo SO season one, Bad Blood, season nine, Savant, and season fourteen Girl Dishonored, and he's been working on stop since the eighties. He's been an oz Boardwalk Empire and on Blue Bloods for two hundred and twenty three episodes with small parts into twenty seven dresses, Wolf of Wall Street and The Avengers.
Speaker 3: Did I write his name down? I did not, but it's him.
Speaker 2: So he goes, screw you and Benson goes, I can screw you harder.
Speaker 3: How has that not been a gift?
Speaker 2: That seems crazy, like for all the horny SVU maniacs like for that not to be like, I can't believe we've never seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking that too.
Speaker 1: I was like, why is that not up there with the captain and the pickle or like I want your balls in a blunder, But ain't like that.
Speaker 2: It's just as good. Yeah, I can screw you harder.
Speaker 3: Okay. So he's like, listen, me and this sad guy.
Speaker 2: We just talked shit about bitches, and he especially talked shit about his female ball busting boss. She fired him two weeks ago for no reason. But he hadn't told his wife yet about the firing. That's why he was getting drunk and he was like building up the courage to confess to his wife that night that you know, that he has no job, and so Vinnie wanted to go hunt for more women at another bar.
Speaker 3: So this is where they split up.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's like I gotta go talk to my wife, and Vinnie's like, I'm gonna go to try to get fucked, and you know, nature called.
Speaker 3: He goes to pee in Riverside Park.
Speaker 2: Vinnie got a cab and you know, it was like peace out, go have fun peeing. So now we're back at the scene of the crime and Finn finds blood on a tree. And they did find bark in his forehead earlier, so he was probably peeing at this tree while right near him. In a fucking wild turn of events, someone was killing and positioning the dead woman, and so they had nothing to do, and then Munch goes, okay, let's do a urine analysis stat So they're gonna check the piss on the tree. But like, I can't even imagine going to like pee drunken and then there's a crime scene and now you're dead. So he had no connection to this woman at all. But it also explains why his pants were open as well, and the lipstick on the dick obviously staged.
Speaker 1: But like, did the killer do that? Like, yeah, oh, I guess he did cap there's a d capitation. I guess you could have done it with like the dead. Oh oh no, sorry sorry, yeah, no, you're right though. That does make a lot more logistical sense.
Speaker 2: But Benson gets a call at this moment and a sewer worker in Brooklyn found the remains of a hand.
Speaker 3: It could be her hand. So now we have a close up of the hand.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy, and it's Daniel Sunjatas So we have another sexy emmy.
Speaker 3: I can't believe how lucky we are.
Speaker 2: And Okay, so he with tweezers takes off like the skin thumb print, but he needs to put the thin skin thumb skin on Benson's thumb to get a good print, because you can't just you know, take a floppy skin off a dead thing. And also like rats were biting on the hand. It really is upsetting. So she puts on a latex love and the thumb skin prints it down and hopefully there's a hit of some sort.
Speaker 3: She does not look happy. She looks like she's about to throw up.
Speaker 2: No, and the the like, hand is this color kind of looks like the Brann Stoker's Dracula skin color, Like it is whiteish, grayish, it's been underwater. It's not good. Yeah of the undead. Yeah, like anyway, So Vicky, Vicky Vinnie walks through the precinct and yells past the Polly.
Speaker 3: I love him, like truly, I wish I met him out that night. I love this guy.
Speaker 2: And Craigan walks in and goes hit on the thumb print and Sally. It's special Agent Pam Tilden who works at the MFPCA, the Dog Police. She investigated people who fucked with animals and they do end up being your future wife beaters, child abusers, and serial killers. So it makes sense to invest and investigate and actually make true. I think, like peeping Tom, anything that leads to bigger crimes should be treated super seriously. Yeah, if we're talking prevention, if cops want to pretend that they're at prevention, which they don't even pretend anymore. So they go to the dog cops and this dude is like, damn, she might have known her killer fuck, but we've learned that she was married to the job.
Speaker 3: All about work. You know, she worked really hard.
Speaker 2: And in this office there's snakes and iguanas, and you know, we want to see the cases to see if there's enemies. And they're going through the files in the office. There was a dog fighting ring she helped break up, so and she took a bunch of pit bulls away and then the kennel was vandalized. So they go back to the MFPCA office and they're like, dude, like to the guy they talked to earlier, like why wouldn't you tell us about the vandalizing, like your girl's dead, and he goes, well, it was an isolated incident months ago, like I didn't put it together.
Speaker 3: And it's like, and you're a cop, okay. Perfect.
Speaker 2: Benson pets a dog and calls him pooch, which I don't really hear that a lot.
Speaker 3: It was really cute.
Speaker 2: And then there's another man that shows up and he's kind of hot, I would say. And the hawkey said that she would not go to the park after dark unless she thought there was a hurt animal in there, and that like she she's not playing hopscotch.
Speaker 3: It's all about the animals for her.
Speaker 2: So they talked to this guy now and they're like, anybody causing her trouble and he goes, yeah, this one kid does. And they go to a cage or a cat name's Slinky and there's a bandage on her tail. He poured paint thinner on the tail and set it on fire. So and then this this teen who did the paint thinner on the cat is fifteen or sixteen years old, and he would always cuss out this Tilden woman. And he was there part of a punishment because yeah, he fucks with animals. So he got ten sessions in their unit to work with the shrink at the animal place. So they go talk to this therapist. Let's see what she's going to give us. So they did this program because there's, like I said, there's not much punishment for animal abuse. It's a misdemeanor, and so they're thinking like maybe this therapy program is what we can do to actually make a difference.
Speaker 3: The teen's name is Harry Baker.
Speaker 2: He's a cat torture and she said if he did any direct threats like that, she would have reported it asap. And Siebler goes, well, what do you mean direct threats? And she's like, listen. He's an aggressive, angry boy who had a positive talk screen of at birth for cocaine. So and then his mom was a stripper and would bring him to the to work all the time, so he grew up at the strip club. She couldn't afford daycare. He was born with cocaine a system, so he's got some issues. But also he's in the gifted program, very smart and he has a lot of potential, but for now he's very predatory. So we get a little Cabot action. She drops a file on Benson's desk where Benson's hard at work, and Cabot says, you can thank me later, but here's Harry Baker's file, and Benson wants more in Cabot's like, okay, on a juvie, You're lucky you have what I gave you. But we get a little more insight on Pam and Harry's relationship because we find out that she like based on her filings, like the probation officer quested intense supervision on him, and it was because Agent Tilden had suspicion of numerous I can't even unadjudicated prior offenses. So and Bensa goes, well what are those? And Cabots, like Lord knows, Benson tells Habit to get more info. So we're in a walk and talk in the middle of the marble courthouse hallways and she is a busy bee and like she like, so she goes to this woman to try to talk to her, and immediately the woman goes, what do you want? Like, I know, you're not just talking to me. So this woman that Cabot wants a favor like information from goes listen. Usually with these juvenile cases, it's a cry for help and the kid is being abused, but I found nothing like that with Harry. Actually, we just found dozens more dead and mutilated animals, but they couldn't really connect him to any of it. And the closest they got was this girl who he had the hots for who said no, thank you. And so then one day she's at the deli, you know, her dog's tied up outside, and then the next second her dog is gone, and then it was decapitated on her stoop the next day. So Cabot's like eek. And then we go to Harry's mom's house. So her name is Daisy. We're at West ninety eighth Street, and then they're like, where was your son Thursday night? And she goes, oh, he's a dork, like reading in his room like always. And she goes that I had company, and so she sleeps on a pull out couch in the living room and Harry's room is just right there with a beaded curtain, and it's like, if you're gonna fuck in the living room, give your son a real door, you know what I mean. I so it's just like beaded vibes. He's just like listening to his mom fuck like no wonder. He's like, you know, putting paints in her own cattails. They ask about his history killing animals and she says, oh, he would never do that, boy mom. And she's in she's in a red bra and ready to clown and she thinks all the stuff is lies, and everyone's jealous of her son because he's so smart and he's just misunderstood.
Speaker 3: And then she brags.
Speaker 2: She goes, he is so good at science, he's the best frog he's so good at frog dissection skills. And I'm like, I don't know if this is what you brag about when they're investigating him for animal abuse, for like, he's really good at dissecting frogs. And she goes, but he's just really curious about all the anatomy and stuff. So they asked to look in his room and she goes, oh, he has nothing to hide, go on in there, and she goes into the bathroom like she won't even watch them. This room is crazy. It is covered in newspapers everywhere, all crime, So for the mom to say there's nothing to hide is truly insane. This room is covered in newspapers as wallpaper, all crime and murder stories, like red paint looking like blood. And there's a fire escape right outside his window so he can sneak out whenever he wants. And then every single book on his shelf is a crime book or about police procedure, or about a serial killer. Yikes, and then Michael Pitt walks in and he has like a Nick Carter boy band hair blonde situation. He's famous for a Murder by the Numbers and if it wasn't for Leonardo DiCaprio, I think he would have had a better career because he is hot and good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was this movie.
Speaker 1: When I was living in Italy in two thousand and three, we had to just go see movies that were available in English, and like, there weren't that many. So I went to go see this movie called The Dreamers. Have you ever heard of this movie? Yeah, I was pretty famous and sexy. Oh okay, yeah, and I was like, oh, like it was like so it was like he meets a brother and sister and they like just threesome it up all over the place. I just hadn't really seen a big movie like that before with so much incest, even though I wasn't a SVU watcher the big screen, you know. But yes, totally, he had such a Leo vibe. Oh yeah, go to run in Boardwalk Empire. That makes me happy. Twenty four episodes. Okay, he's like it still working, I feel it is.
Speaker 3: But nothing like what you would Oh. He was in bully. I forgot that. Oh Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's just like so hot. I guess to me, it's just murdered by the numbers and SVU. Oh funny games. I was like too scared to watch it. I want to watch it, but it's so scary. It's like he kidnaps like two psychomen take a family hostage. Yes, watch so scary, so scary. The trailer alone was scary enough for me. Maybe I'll really push myself. Oh my god, I'm on its page and it says Tim Roth. He said making this film traumatized him and he'll never watch it. He said he was particularly disturbed because one of the guys resembled his own son.
Speaker 1: Oh oh god, Yeah, that's the scary one, because that one's like kind of like this one Martyrs that Jared almost fainted when he watched it.
Speaker 3: He stood up and he almost fainted.
Speaker 1: It's this movie called Martyrs that's also like a home invasion that's like supposed to be really really Also, Michael Pitt, if anybody watched Hannibal, which I watched, that show was so fucking unhinged, but I watched all of it. He plays this insane character named Mason Verger Michael Pitt does.
Speaker 3: That's the last thing I've seen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he does play psychos, but like, yeah, that are pained, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, tortured psychos.
Speaker 1: Tortured psychos on his resume as special skills.
Speaker 3: Fucked with his face though, oh maybe, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he can only play this kind of psycho, Like I wonder if you know it is Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he was headwig crazy.
Speaker 1: He also is just really good, like so scary, Like I don't know, I don't know if you can come back to be like a romantic lead when you've been this like scary scary guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something more menacing than Leonardo DiCaprio. Yeah, yeah, but whatever. He walks in as they're searching his creepy little room. Then the mom went, He's got nothing to hide, truly, not one, not murder.
Speaker 1: Thing, like like a murder layer.
Speaker 2: So clueless. Even if it wasn't articles about murder and just newspaper lining the walls, I'd be like, I'm gonna bring my son for a test, you know, I'd be like I'm a little worried about what's going on here. Yeah, but he goes, hey, guys looking for something and then they go, yeah, babe, we have some questions. He goes, oh, is this about Pam. It really sucks. You know, we were kind of tight. He's like, Pam was cool and her death was so whack, but they never published all the details. Can you give me some and Benson goes, no, can you? And he goes in his street clothes onto his bed. If we needed any more evidence that this is a psychopath, and then they go it seems like your interests are weird, you know, kind of dark, and he goes, yeah, my therapist agrees with you that I have an aggressive view of the world and a predatory drive, and if I don't get it together, I could wind up a cop.
Speaker 3: He's funny, Okay, So so.
Speaker 2: Then they ask about Carrie, the girl with the missing dog that was found to capitate it, and he says, yeah, she was mad. I broke her heart and they go what by killing her dog? And he goes, no, no, no, I don't mean to sound egotistical, but I drive the girl is a little crazy. He's very calm, he's very cocky, and they go talk to Carrie. She's working at a pizza restaurant. She's making pizzays. She says he was creepy and is horrible and like wouldn't stop.
Speaker 3: Calling her and following her around.
Speaker 2: And he's like he would say that he dreamed that they would die in a car crash together, and there's all these letters and she did tell the cops, but he puts on the charm and that was that and suddenly she's the nutcase in school.
Speaker 3: And her friends were also like, girl, he's cute. What's the problem.
Speaker 2: And Munch and Finn are like, well, we need to get him off the street, but we need your help, and she goes, oh, you don't get it. All I did was turn him down for a date and he killed my dog. I'm not messing with Harry. Thank you bye. Can I please work my minimum wage job the fuck out of here. Finn is like, is there anyone that could help us? And so we wud go off to Andrew Johnson High School. In the bathroom, they're looking for someone named Philip who's hiding in the bathroom like scary movie style, you know what I mean, like the standing on a toilet and he's huffing cooking. So okay, he's huffing, cooking spray like rolls out of a stall. He's in the flan and he goes, we don't hang out anymore. That guy's obsessed with death, and you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Like, I just want to huff in peace, and he just keeps talking about murdering pets.
Speaker 2: He goes, yeah, I don't. I don't like cats either, But that guy what a super freak. They threatened to tell on him for huffing. So he spills the beans on Harry's special little hiding spot. So they are off in Central Park and I wonder how close this is to Cynthia Nixon's character's spider dwelling that she hunts hunts in. But so he likes to be alone with his collection of skulls and stuff. So he's been slicing and dicing free things for years. So we got to find this stuff. And it's a big park crew. Everyone's searching. Craigan and Huang are having a beautiful you know, it's bare trees, but still exciting walking down a hill of the park and Huang gives his low down, so he goes sadistic sociopath likes to take his time, draws, you know, raws out the pain. Likes control and domination. And then during the torture there's like no empathy and afterward no remorse. And then they find a cooler buried. They opened it and there's just tons of animal skulls, about a dozen small animals and a knife. So we find a big hunting knife. We get it to the lab immediately. Michael Pitt is in cement room bars with his mom, who's wearing a going out top, and he is still thinking this is a joke and they're and you know.
Speaker 1: Lol, they think I murdered two people. That's why we're here, mom, And the mom is like, he gets straight, A's it's not him.
Speaker 2: And they show the animal skull collection photos to her and she gets a little loud and Harry goes sh and then outlines police tactics and like what they're gonna do, and he's just very smug. He also has a sheepskin fur lined coat, and I wonder if Stabler's like, damn, that's a nice coat. We got a book him so I can take it. And then he does a monologue about all the great killers and their mos and their path to infamy. He talks about shooters. There's just a lot of monologues, and the mom screams. She's like stop it, and he snickers at her, and Cabot and Huang are watching in the spy window, and she says, damn, that's one cold kid, and then the mom needs a break, so Benson walks her out and she waved her sons and Miranda rights. Okay, that's weird, And in my head, I would like a T shirt that says Miranda Rights, but with a drawing of like Miranda from her episode alternate with face.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, her with her little pigtails, and then it just says Miranda Rights.
Speaker 2: I wish for all all of the alter egos in that episode.
Speaker 3: But it's funny. It's called Miranda Rights. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why there hasn't been a sex in the City crossover, So get it together. Benson to Cabot and Craigan, and Huang is like, fuck, this kid knows all of the tricks, so he is doing a good job. Even Benson's like, okay, he does know what we're up to. So Huang gets an idea. He's like his ego is huge, so like get him to talk and third person and hypotheticals like what could it? Like, He's not going to get bogged down, but he wants to play this game of like instructing and informing the police. So Benson amps herself up and is like, okay, let's do this. Stabler's in there playing basic threat games and like, oh, the knife of the DNA is going to match the victims and he goes, bitch, if that was me, I would have cleaned it very thoroughly. And so Benson starts playing you know her games and she goes, well, then who was it? And he says, I can't do that, like I don't know, and she goes, wow, all those books and you can't put together a simple profile.
Speaker 3: And I like that.
Speaker 2: He knows all the tricks, but this one thing, just like the ego, is just too strong.
Speaker 3: He has to get involved. He gets down to work.
Speaker 2: He's like, okay, white male, late thirties, early forties, menial job, lives alone, already in the park, was waiting in the shadows. It took her a while to find him, but the hunt is the most fun part. And Benson is like, wait, find what and he goes, well, a wounded animal. If he knew her, that's what he would use as bait, Like why else would she go in there? And Benson goes like damn okay, and like why would why would he have to like put why even do this? And his guess is maybe she rejected his advances. Takes her to a private place to be alone with her for a while because you know, he owns her now, her body and soul. I mean, he is so creepy and now he can do whatever he wants. And Ben's it's like, wait, but Tilden was in prime physical condition, like an had a gun on her. How did he overpower her? And he goes, oh, she never saw him. She was too focused and bent over this animal. It was a blitz attack and I'm sure he used something handy like a rock and he looks at her super evil like, and then Stabler makes eyes at the spy window and Huang is like, wait, was the rock detail ever released?
Speaker 3: And Cabot says no.
Speaker 2: Craigan goes, maybe a lucky guess, and Cabot goes, I don't give a fuck if it's a psychic vision, book him. So we get to book him and then they're processing Harry and then when they walk back into the precinct, Benson goes, oh god, he hit on the mugshot photographer.
Speaker 3: Can you even believe it?
Speaker 2: And they're all shocked, and it's like he is hot, Like I don't know why, They're all like can you believe this flirty maniac? It's like, yeah, he's a hot teen I don't I just I don't know, with an inflated ego.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I'm sure he gets rejected all this time.
Speaker 2: Like he is creepy, yeah, extremely, but all her friends still blamed the girl for not going out with him anyways.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. You know. Wait, have I talked about this before?
Speaker 2: This like thing I've I might try to write a bit about it, but like I've noticed this happens on housewives where they'll be like, uh, I just have a hard time with women because after my husband cheated on me and left me with nothing, all my girlfriends turn their backs on me, and it's like what about the husband? You know, But this happens so much where they're like, well, the women stopped talking to me after my husband destroyed my life, and it's like they're still just more maybe we just expect more from her girlfriends.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just interesting.
Speaker 2: I wonder if some of her friends went on dates with him after he did that to Slinky.
Speaker 1: Wait what, oh Slinky the dog, the cat? The cat dog? Oh yeah, the cat's slinky. The cat's separate. My bad, I don't remember the dog's name, Slinky. I like that as a little pet name, Slinky.
Speaker 2: I know, is that the name of the dog and toy story or no? Or he just has a slinky? Yes, I think his name.
Speaker 3: Or is it slink or something? No, it's slinky.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's but you're right, often referred to as slink. Yeah, because Rosie Took corrected me the other day when I said, she.
Speaker 2: Goes No, his name is slink. I always liked him. I still have a toy from my younger years of him.
Speaker 3: And the new ones. They really like forky. Oh you know a sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But is it he called forky? Oh? I have no idea. I think you've seen these more.
Speaker 2: It's yes, yeah, Porky is really cute, but he is a spork.
Speaker 3: You're correct, he is. You know what's fucked up?
Speaker 2: I've seen every toy story except for two Oh, what the fuck with Jesse, which I feel like I would be connected to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good one, but neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the knife comes back clean, damn it. So now we have to like see when the call came in for the animal in the park. So at six thirty seven, she got a call from MFPCA, and but it wasn't from the dispatch, so that's a little suspicious, like the call came from the kennels. And then guess what an employee that works at the MFPCA pops up in the system. It's the guy from earlier who I thought was hot, Joe Paletti, and he's a dog walker there, menial job.
Speaker 3: Craigan looks pissed.
Speaker 2: Joe is a seven time rapist, so they bring his acid in and how dare he get hired? Like, you know, it is a police run kennel. Yeah, how do they have a seven time rapist working there? I mean, you're right, they're all over the place, like they're everywhere, I mean, what the fuck? So anyways, in classic US view fashion, there's a meet and greet in the lobby. So Michael Pitt sees the dog kennel guy and he goes, oh cool, the guy from the kettle, I know him.
Speaker 3: Wait did he do it?
Speaker 2: And Stabler goes to tower over him and flecks his ass, like we hate him, but they have to cut him loose, so he leaves. Palettia is now it's his turn in the cement room bars and he goes, listen, I was in Atlantic City gambling and they go, but you called from the kennel and he's denying it and says a lot of people have access to that phone. And then he says that he took the van like his van's Atlantic City, but the van was actually stolen, so I don't know what to tell you, and they go, can you even fucking breathe without lying? You're bullshit? And why didn't you file police report for your missing van?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: And Stabler's like, don't worry, we'll find the van for you. And then they ask if anyone at work knows about him being a rapist. He says it never came up, which is a parole violation to not disclose on a job application.
Speaker 3: I guess for dog walking. Maybe they don't check. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So his first charge, when he was eighteen, he served three years for raping his fourteen year old girlfriend, and then a bunch of break ins and rapes happened, and he says he doesn't have those feelings anymore, and Benson's like, okay, well you'd be the first one I've come across, and he goes, I got help. I've never missed a session. It's been three years since I got out. And they try to break him down and he goes, yes, I was sick back then, but you know how many of those people did I kill?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 2: That's not my thing, and they're like, yeah, but you realize with living witnesses, you had to go to jail for twelve years. This time, you didn't want to go back to jail, so you fucking killed Pam and ed and he's like, no, I did in he's screaming no.
Speaker 3: He goes, I'm rehabilitated.
Speaker 2: So now they're like, you know, they tore Paletti's house up and all they found was black casket, mini trunk box situation, and it's filled with Victoria's secret catalogs, strip club flyers, personal ads, sex chats like printed out, and just a box of creepy stuff. And Munch also finds twenty short stories of wal to Wall rape torture, Like walt Wall is a funny word to me. It's usually like wal to Wall laughs, like about movies. So I've just like never heard wal to Wall rape torture. Yeah, he sent the stories to some sex Defender buddies and he has a letter like from one of his friends going, Yo, this is the best story yet. And Kabot's like, give those to me and snatches them away, and we're we are at chambers. We're at Judge Petrowski's office, and Joe does have a good lawyer, cleo'conrad Joe Marie Lawrence. So she's there and she goes, it's his private thoughts and Kabba goes, then why am I reading them off a piece of paper? And they go back and forth for a while. You can use it, you cannot? Can we write it? And then Cleo says this is back door and you know it, and Cabot goes, your client open that door. I like love that. So we're going to core or not, Like what's what's gonna happen? So the judge is like, I think this is overreaching, but I'm gonna let a Jerry decide. Cleo is pissed, Cabot is smug. We're at trial and straight to the verdict and the sole count of obscenity in the third degree. They do find the defendant guilty.
Speaker 3: He shocked.
Speaker 2: Cleo's annoyed. He gets remanded gavel pound. So then Stabler and Benson slowly walk on over to Cabot and they're like, okay, girl, fun and then they Benson goes, nice, snow.
Speaker 3: Job, what does that mean? Um?
Speaker 2: And then Cabot's like, I mean, they asked me to stop reading from the story in less than a page, I know, she says, in less than a page she knew it was him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says a deception or concealment of one's real motive in an attempt to flatter or persuade.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so it was like a fake case with these letters to get him off the street to then go find evidence. Okay, So yeah, they read the stories out loud. They were so disgusting, like she knew that the jury was going to convict. But Stabler's like, it's only one year. And then Cabot goes, well, there's no statute of limitations on murder, so go do your job, and we can give him more time, and they're like, there's no evidence, and Cabbot goes, yeah, that year is what I just bought you to find the head, and yeah, she's putting them to work. So they breathe deep and they're like, fuck, we have to find this head. Benson walks off. Sailor turns around and there is Harry chilling and he's like, yeah, I'm just doing homework. He has a pen in his mouth, like really relaxed and sassy, holding his notebook and this is just pissing Stabler off. So Stabler grabs him by the collar pushes him against the wall. But then the best part is Stablor goes, come here, you sick little freak. And I like that. That's a good T shirt too. Came here are you sick little freak? He's like, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, babe, there are witnesses here. Criminology one oh one. If you want to break the law and make sure no one's around, and Stablor goes, oh, you think you're really cute, don't you, And he goes twenty three cheerleaders can't be wrong, and it's like ugh, like you're such a loser. You're hot stop. But I guess, says mom, you know fucked him up. So Stabler says, I know where you live, I know where you learn, and I know where you bury your kill. So get used to seeing my face because you're gonna see it everywhere you turn. And he goes, don't lose your head, detective, You're already having enough trouble finding one. And then Stablor goes, eh, that's good. You know we found your whole stash. And you know he knows it's not true. So then Michael Pitt goes, hello, you think there's just one. There's never just one, and then he pouts and the camera stays on his face for like ten seconds. And now we're outside of court and Stabler's like, oh my god, we gave up too easy. We have to find Pialetti's real stash. And it's like, so is Harry not a suspect anymore at all? Because even when I heard him be like, there's never just one stash, detective, I was thinking, oh, it's Harry's stash, like that, there's he has another stash with this head. But I guess his profile was right and it is Polletti. But I just thought they would be investigating both of them. So it's like, I know, I actually this is like I was confused.
Speaker 1: I thought when they go find him that like that Harry somehow is like framing POLLETTI like I didn't know how this was going, like at a good episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So but they find the stolen van of Paletti, so the detectives full teamwork, and Stabler sees bloodstains. It's canine blood though, so the Emmy who we don't Okay, So there's four CSU texts in this episode. Four because we saw Bert Trevor, we saw hallerin and then there's two unknowns who have like only one episode each. But I can't believe there's four in this episode. Yeah, I wonder why they didn't just reuse people. But it Yeah, the blood didn't help because it is dog blood, but they have but but also what animal did they use? Like what dead animal was in the park, Like they never really tell us about that, Like it could have been this blood that they find in Yeah. Yeah, but anyway, so the blood didn't help. But there's dirt on the tires that's going to lead to some thing. There's marine sand in bedrock. It's from South Jersey. Glass beads, reflective paint. U turn pull off. I can't with the soil info. He spun his wheels in the mud, he got out of the van, dumped the head, and flew out of there. So it's like, okay, but where So it has to be somewhere in Jersey or near Atlantic City, like where are we? We want more info? And he says that the soil had chemical byproducts. X ray fluorescent spectrometer will help him figure out.
Speaker 3: Shut the fuck up, you know.
Speaker 2: And then he's like with the levels like this, this dude was like on top of a chemical plant drainage ditch. And so it's like, okay, I guess we'll go check all these plants. Like what are we gonna do? He gambled till five thirty am. He used the player's card at the casino, so they know the exact hours he was playing. And then there there's like squeaking markers all around the board map the journey, their map, questing how you know what?
Speaker 3: How are they going to figure out?
Speaker 2: Then the science cop did all those tests on the dirt that he was bragging about, and he goes high levels of mercury. It's mercury salt Brian and currants and chlorine sodium hydroxide. Get me out of this mess. And so then he goes and low pH level and hydrochloronic acid, and finally Craigan yells what we're all thinking, which is how many plants have this mercury? Like we do not care about this stuff, Like you could talk to cabin about the science for core and he goes, only one plant. You've wasted so much time you could have been like, we connected it. So it's IDJ Chemicals. So we're at IDJ Chemicals and all these divers. There's a big team looking for the head, and there's tire marks, and so we know that he was there. The tire marks match and they're starting to give up Pupe. They find a box of his crap, but it's just an old Robier cans and cigarette butts. But then there's an earring and Benson's like, wait what and she grabs a little evidence bag and in it is a fucking dog earring.
Speaker 3: Okay, like who loves dogs?
Speaker 2: But this dog cop and so you know, and I can't believe it's him and not Michael pitt Or they're not working together.
Speaker 3: I'm just like so shocked at all of this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we go to see Joe and he's like, so we it's Stabler. So Stabler goes to see Joe getting like, you know, moved around in the cells. It's like really dark prison vibes, and Joe's being cocky, goes, I could do a year on my head, no problem, And Stabler walks over with the bag and the doggy earring that's eighteen carrots. Stabler says, well, we found this earring where we know you dumped Pam's head, and he goes, you can't prove it's hers, and they go, yeah we can, and he goes, yeah we can. It was specially made for her to commemorate five years on the force. This is sad. She was just like because I wonder if she pissed him off, Like I wonder if he just needed to do it, Like I'm curious why he chose her.
Speaker 3: Like with Michael Pitt, there was motive with this.
Speaker 2: It's like, what the fuck, it's just because you have a job you're not proud of and you are a rapist. But so the pervert is stunned and says it doesn't mean Jack and then Sailor goes, but there's more, and he's loving every moment of the slow reveal. Her DNA is on the dog earring and there's a three point match to his thumb print. So add twenty five more years and choke on it and he is stunned. And that is dick wolf baby crazy. Michael Pitt is a red herring and all this and yeah, so and one day he will go down for murder, like Michael Pitt will will murder a person.
Speaker 1: They lost an opportunity to bring him back, like season seven eight, bring him back and be like we watch this kid for cause, like it's bring him back.
Speaker 2: Now, they can bring him back season twenty seven, let's go.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the biggest shit bring the biggest.
Speaker 1: Arc jump in his story from season three to season twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for my Becket's agent is listening, come on, bring him home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that would have been That would be so fucking cool. Yeah, but yeah, he's definitely gonna murder. I'm glad they got Joe. I'm really sad. Pam Tilden is dead, like obviously acab but not if you're the dog cop, like we like you a little more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: You're trying to kind of prosecute crimes that like no one even gets bad punishments for, like, yeah, you're just stopping dog rings and stuff. Jesus, all right, well, let's get into the true crime, because this is, uh, this is this is a lot of details from the real case. So I first wanted to say that A couple of sources said that this was also maybe based on Black Dahlia, But I think if you know anything about the Black Dahlia case, this is not really similar very much.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a nude Black Dahlia movie coming out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm like obsessed with the black You feel like I just watched a trailer.
Speaker 3: But I don't. There is the show I Am the Night or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's based on a podcast called it's called The Root of It's called Root of Evil this podcast, and it's really fascinating. I really loved listening to it about the Black Dahlias. So treat yourself to an episode of that after you're done here. But for now, I'm going to tell you guys about the Jason Massy case. Jason Massey was a Texan who you know. I feel like I just keep saying the same things over and over again. Grew up abused and neglected by his parents. Dad was an alcoholic, mom was a drug addict. I truly we need you know. This is a good reason why reproductive rights are important, because not everybody's meant to be parents. And he had a record, like we've said a million times, it started in his teens, including stalking and torturing animals. He would and you know, obviously if you've made it this far, trigger warning for animal abuse, but he would decapitate and mutilate dogs, cats, and cows and keep their skulls as trophies, like our friend Harry in this book, in this episode once one time, you know how you were saying, like Jesus, if that's your son's room, maybe you step in. One time, this kid's mom did have him committed after she found a journal, and in the journal he's talking all about rape, murder, Satan, his reverence for Charles Manson, how he wanted to become a serial killer. So she did have him committed for a little while, but you know, he got out and it didn't really do anything. He loved Ted Bundy, Henry Lee Lucas. He wanted he craved the attention that famous serial killers would get, but unfortunately the little stint in the mental institution did not do anything for him. He was twenty years old and he had had a flirtation with a thirteen year old girl named Christina Benjamin, and he told her to sneak out of her house and then he'd pick her up. And this is July twenty seventh of nineteen ninety three, okay, and he had recently gotten out of prison for animal cruelty.
Speaker 3: He had done like a short stint for animal cruelty.
Speaker 1: He picked up Chris and her fourteen year old step brother, Brian King, and he shot them both dead, and then yes, and then escalated quickly.
Speaker 3: Yes, very much so, and then very graphically.
Speaker 1: After he killed Christina, he cut off her head, her hands, her nipples, and he mutilated her genitals and removed her intestines.
Speaker 3: I think that might be the only.
Speaker 1: Link to Black Dollia, that the Black Dollia's intestines were also removed, but there's really not. She was also completely bisected, so it's a very different crime.
Speaker 3: He shot King.
Speaker 1: Caught in half, cut fully in half, like her body was found in two pieces.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yuck. He shot the boy.
Speaker 2: So he went on a date with this girl and then just shot her and her brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I mean.
Speaker 1: He did the nipples very ed gain, Yes, and he was obsessed with all these guys. He was obsessed with the serial killers. I think he thought, I'm gonna like there's more info about what was going on in his head. But he shot the brother twice. And the two teens had been missing now from their town, which was called Garrett, thirty miles southeast of Dallas. And then two days after they've gone missed, two days after the murder, their bodies were found in a field by a road worker and the body parts were missing, the head and the hands and everything. They were all missing and they've never been found. So a lot like what happened in this episode. Yeah, So they got Massy very quickly with forensics. I mean, he thinks he's this serial mastermind. He's no, you know, Michael Pitt. Okay, he gets arrested very quickly. In October of nineteen eighty four, he's found guilty of capital murder, which we touched on briefly last episode. It's basically first degree murder with special circumstances. It's killing more than one person, killing for financial gain, killing a police officer, firefighter, prosecutor, judged or or elected official, killing a witness to prevent their testimony, or a drive by shooting.
Speaker 3: With intent to kill.
Speaker 1: These are a few examples of the special circumstances. And it's called capital because it's only there's only two possible penalties capital punishment, the death penalty or a life in prison without the possibility of pearl.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's for money. Yeah, like hitman, I guess would be. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: An expert testified at the sentencing that he was a long term threat to society and could not be rehabilitated. One of his classmates testified that he'd threatened her and then killed and mutilated her dog, smearing the blood on her car, just like what happens in the episode. Another witness testified that he was walking in the woods when he found a cooler, and inside the cooler were thirty one dog and cat's skulls, just like in the episode. There were also four of his journals which he had labeled Slayer's Book of Death, Volumes one through four, and in it he talks about becoming a great serial killer.
Speaker 3: So I think that's.
Speaker 1: Why he's doing all this cutting opening up bodies, because he's like thinks the gory or the better or something. But it was like, honestly, you I think the problem you didn't focus on enough was getting away with it, you know, like disposing of the or like you know, people probably knew that you were going on a date with this girl, like I don't know, they found him very fast. There's so little information about this case online too, like articles from Australia, Like it's so crazy, you know, Australia randomly will be like here's a lot about this American crime that happened anyway, kind of like what happened with Cleoconrad.
Speaker 3: With Paletti.
Speaker 1: In the episode, the prosecutors are really trying to use his journals in court, and I think they ended up getting them admitted. They heavily relied on them, but the defense also tried to point out passages in the journals where he talked about being sexually abused by a babysitter when he was around five and his physical abuse from his parents which started around age two, So they tried to use that, but the defense also put his sister on the stand to confirm like the difficult childhood. But then the prosecution just was like, wait, so are you a murderer? Are you alive adding citizen, and she was like yes, and so it kind of backfired on them, and then the jury took fifteen minutes to give him the death penalty and he got guess what, he got to be on Texas's death row with his hero, Henry Lee Lucas, who was a huge serial who's like one of the most I think we've talked about him before, I can't remember, but he was known as the confession Killer. He falsely confessed to approximately six hundred murders, but he was convicted of three murders in the that he committed between like the sixties and nineteen eighty three. So he got to be on death row there in Texas with his with his idol. He was executed by lethal injection on April third of two thousand and one, eight years after the.
Speaker 3: Murders, which is so crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's because it's Texas, I'm sure, but like we hear all the time about these guys that have been on death row for like thirty years, but they got this guy in eight years.
Speaker 3: I don't think he probably appealed or had the money.
Speaker 1: Our resources to like, yeah, feely, that's probably true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before his execution, he addressed the victims family, saying, I can't imagine what I've taken from you.
Speaker 3: I want you to know I did do it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for what I've done, And then while he was strapped to the gurney, he said, I want you to know that Christina did not suffer as much as you think she did. I mean, I think at least the saving grace in this whole thing is that he just shot these people quickly and they probably died very quickly and didn't have to they weren't tortured while they were alive. He said, I know you guys want to know where the rest of her remains are. I put the remains in the Trinity River, but the parts were never recovered, like I said, And no one really believed him because they're like, naw, dog, you keep trophies, like we know you keep trophies.
Speaker 3: They think that those body parts.
Speaker 1: Are buried somewhere because he would have wanted to like go revisit them at some point. And sometimes, I know, we think this is interesting. But his last meal was three fried chicken quarters, fried squash, fried eggplant, mashed potatoes, snap peas, boiled cabbage, three bits of corn on the cob with spinach, broccoli, and butter, and one pint of ice cream and a pitcher of sweet tea. So he had quite a feast at the end. But it's it's wild vegetables. I feel like this guy was sabage. Yeah, I know, I know, you're getting cabbage, boiled cabbage. I know. Well, I mean this guy though, there's so little about him because I feel like what they basically stopped a serial killer after his first two kills, like he would have absolutely done more. And it's like you said, the animal abuse cannot be ignored. That's not just like people kids being curious, Like that's really really not good. But maybe because he committed these crimes in the nineties and forensics were better, like I think a lot of the serial killers we hear about her from like sixty seventies eighties, where forensics weren't up, and so they were able to kill for like years, you know, and have dozens of victims before they got caught. With this guy, this Jason Massey guy got caught quickly and that's that's the basis of Harry.
Speaker 2: We need Harry to come back. Yeah, we need Harry back on SVU. I think that would be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be like we knew this kid when he was young, We knew he was going to do something, and then they find out. Yeah, let's write it. Let's write it spec but let's get into our post mortem because no guest today, just us.
Speaker 3: We're so in the time machine.
Speaker 2: But like Spotify raps, you know, that was like fun to be in people's stuff. Oh yes, yes, like you guys listening and it feels great and we're usually in good company. I feel like the other podcasts in the top listens with our listeners are always like people I enjoy. So that makes me feel good too, Like you're all listening to a lass cultureisas Yes.
Speaker 1: For sure, Thank you guys so much for listening so much and get it and then posting your raps.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I like love seeing all the little the raps and what everybody else is listening to. And it's so funny too. Sometimes there are people that listened to like all podcasts in Portuguese and then like our podcast you know, or like they only listen podcast about like business or like law school and then us, you know which I like to I like to see what people are. We're the we're the weird one kind of or we're the funny one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 2: I make say abby, But I guess Spotify like fired everyone and it's not like I guess it's AI.
Speaker 1: It's all a that's what I just heard too. I was like, someone's like, oh, yeah, that's why. That's why the Spotify wrapped was AI this year, and I go, I was wondering why it was a little bit more.
Speaker 2: What wasn't because I'm not on Spotify, so I was curious, like what's better, what's worse?
Speaker 1: It just wasn't as easy to use as last year. Like last year there were these like cool things that were like this is how many hours? I mean like that's still there, but it wasn't like as easily shareable the little pieces of it and like there was more info. I don't know, it's just not as good and it's not it's not as good looking either, like it's been better looking. And I think they just had an AI do it because they got rid of everybody and so they can pay Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: I'm like nervous, how shitty everything is going to be, Like why do you want all your art? Like anyone into AI. It's like so strange and obviously weird. There's like places where AI is gonna make the world better, like I do want. I'm not, you know, just because I it's not for what I want, but like it just I don't know what's the point of being alive if there's not art, Like I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I know, like and people keep posting stuff that like they're googling and they're getting these like really creepy results of like little weird like extra hands and things in the background. I was I accidentally posted it to That's messed up, so it was up there for like twenty minutes because I thought I was posting it to my own account. But it was like in my Explore page was just this video or when I was scrolling just this video of John Goodman dancing in the rain to JoJo's too little, too late and doing like all these like hair movements, like where he's like grabbing his hair and he's in the rain, but it's not John Goodman. It's like a really creepy AI and every time he turns around, the body looks really weird. It's like Uncanny Valley and creepy. But it's like, at first it was funny because I was like, oh, this is like it's John Goodman looking like a pop star. But then it was really creepy, so I don't know, I can see why it hooks people in, and then.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, I don't like this anymore. I don't know. I don't think it's going anywhere good.
Speaker 1: But I do think it's good if AI helps us like detect cancer faster or whatever they're saying it's going to do.
Speaker 3: Just not in art, like not in media, you know.
Speaker 2: No, or like for people to be fire like they the business people, they just don't care about They don't think about the things that truly make life worth living and looking at I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, because they're all tech companies now and they only care about their quarterly reports.
Speaker 3: Like that's just the that's just the fact. Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but yeah, this episode Prodigy, I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Mean my one of my bak so good.
Speaker 2: We're like in a stretch of like doing such fun episodes. I mean they're all good, but like there's something about those classic ones that are suspensable layered and the red hairring and this red haring lasted throughout the whole episode. I felt like, you know, yes, but like till the hand.
Speaker 1: You didn't really know. And he's gonna commit a crime and he's definitely gonna come at a crime and hopefully it will be like the real life crime where they got him after the first one.
Speaker 3: He might kill his mother.
Speaker 1: He might kill his mother, seriously, like that's very possible, very possible. Like they're living in that little house on top of each other. I don't I don't think she's along for this world, the mom, and she's even like she was she's even creeped out by her son. After he was saying all that stuff. She had to get out of the interior gation room. She's like, get me away from this kid. So I don't know, I don't know what the relationship looks like going forward, but that kid is creepy and like, I don't know what happened. It's like, well, you fuck you fucked on the couch near him, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You should have invested in a door, just a door. You could have found a door. That would have been great. The beaded curtain has a lot, it has a lot of blame here. But yeah, this the real crime. Oh so awful. But like I'm so glad they caught this, like wanna be serial killer, but like after his first one, you know, wait.
Speaker 3: For some reason. You know.
Speaker 2: I just got back from Cincinnati. So I don't think I told you what happened on my flight, but I feel maybe it's because I've been talking about it so much and we've been doing these and recording, and I thought I mentioned it, but I told you I got to go in the cockpit and stuff or not at all. Okay, this is what. So I'm on the plane a Cincinnati. It's a small plane and usually when a flight slayed, we were waiting for crews. So there was like two pilots who had to get on our flight to go somewhere. So they're like, we're delayed a half hour, and usually they tell you not to move, but this pilot was like, and if you want to come check out the cockpit and take some photos or anything, come on down.
Speaker 3: I obviously I'm the first in line. No one is moving.
Speaker 2: I'm like, run to the front and I to sit. I got to press the button to make like an announcement noise. They kept telling me which buttons I could press. I asked all these questions. I sat next to the co pilot, but it was like, you know, I've been trying to dress better at the airport and for this flight, I go, ah, whatever, I don't care. And then I was like, I can't believe it, Like this is where I could have had cool photos, but I look, I'm wearing my giant Incubus shirt.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I got photos.
Speaker 2: I got wings given to me, and a trading card and I a Grammic trading card that every plane is supposed to have. So now when I'm on different planes, I'm going to ask for trading cards from the pilots and see how many I can collect. But then I turned around and the person behind me in line was maybe two years old, so it was like me, then a child with a mother, and then three like.
Speaker 3: College daye people. It felt like that were sitting in the back.
Speaker 1: But look, I got to sit in the cockpit and it was really exciting.
Speaker 3: That's so awesome.
Speaker 1: I not as exciting, but I did take Rosie to a firehouse over last weekend. Because it was a activity for CUB Scouts and so we like these guys gave us like a whole presentation, like a guy got his gear on as quick as possible, like to show how fast he can get all this shit on, like oxygen tank everything. They were telling us that, like the fire truck always goes out with the ambulance, even if it's just cardiac arrest, because it carries more guys with them because it might require a lot of guys and they can't like all fit in the ambulance. So that's why like you'll see a fire truck because they said nationwide. I asked this question. I was like, how often are you guys like you know? I said, you guys did actually take U help me when my son was locked in the car as a newborn. The fire department did come within minutes, and it was amazing, like how many calls are non fire related? And he was like like ninety percent, Like the fire Department's going to like ninety percent of calls that are Like they got a call while we were there, and when they came back, we were like what happened? They were like, well, that was one of those calls where it shouldn't have been a call. It shouldn't have been like it was somebody that had leg pains, like and they shouldn't have sent like a full you know, like they just needed to go to like an urgent care a doctor or something like that. And but they were telling us that they got rid of like a lot of new firehouses don't have poles anymore because firefighters kept hurting themselves, like they kept getting injured, like yeah, broke like ankle, twisted ankles and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So around down the stairs. What do they do now?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I guess now they lived on they run on the stairs or like it's not yeah, but they were like a lot of them. They're like like our main firehouse still has a pole, but they're phasing them out of a lot of them because of like coating and stuff and like because of injuries.
Speaker 3: But it was cute.
Speaker 1: There was like a whole lazy boy area where there was all these lazy boys and all the kids were like sitting in the la school or a commune comp scouting okay, cub Scouts, Yeah, it was it's Rosi's Cub Scout troop. Because one of the kids in her Cub Scout troop. The cousin is on the is on the four So like he gave us like a personal like tour of you see you see all their rooms where they sleep. I was like saying to my friend, I go to you watch Sex and the City, Like, do you remember when Samantha hooked up with the firefighter? Like this is It was reminding me so much of that. But yeah, I was so I got to talk about fire trucks, so you got to talk about planes.
Speaker 3: We had a real time with planes and trains. Yeah, and we were, you know, four year old boys.
Speaker 1: We yeah, would be out of this world having the best time of our lives. But let's move on to what would Sister Peg do for this episode this week?
Speaker 3: You know what what was Sister Peg do is where we just like to give you.
Speaker 1: Resources that like touch on the issues that we talked about in today's episode. And I feel like the poor victim in the episode, Prodigy would like us to shout out the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which is the ASPCA. This organization has led the way in fighting cruelty, rescuing, and securing adoptions for animals in need and driving significant legislative change that protects their lives and welfare, ultimately transforming how Americans value and care for animals, because I know we were both shocked that this episode is that there's barely any punishment for abusing animals, so I'm sure this organization is working on legislation to reverse that or to make that better. If you'd like to report animal abuse or donate to the foundation, visit ASPCA dot org and that will be posted in a story the day this episode comes out and Saved Forever in our WWSPD highlights.
Speaker 2: Amazing, And next week we will be doing Lust from season four, episode four, So watch along on Hulu or Peacock or only listen to us forever. Thank you, Bye bye. That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email at That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more Information.
Speaker 3: Thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to our.
Speaker 1: Mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 3: Dun Dun