Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jettie and he arms Wrong Get it live from the studio. C Please and your hey, dim Ley, Let broom deep with them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 1: We're already at Little Friday. That's what happens on your short holiday weeks like this.
Speaker 2: Love it. The title with Mondays, Down with Mondays, Hello, Down with Mondays.
Speaker 1: The title of today's show is take the Greenland off Ramp or.
Speaker 2: Europe to No good Boy.
Speaker 1: You like the wordplay, I enjoy the wordplay. That's correct. That's just you need to know about me. Beg fas. Yes, your profile would include enjoy's word play. Fantastic. The Oscar nominations just came out. Maybe we'll get to that a little bit later. I heard it on the news as I was walking through the door, and I was reminded, oh, yeah, you nominate like fifteen pictures. So halfway through the list, I kind of lost track of what we were doing. I wish they had never started. That took all the fun out of it for me. Anyway, we'll get to that a little bit later. How y'all doing today, fantastic boy. I have as much interest in the Oscars as the Bowling, you know, finals, whenever they are At this point, I like being tipped off to Hey, that's a good movie.
Speaker 2: You'll enjoy that.
Speaker 1: That's all it is for me as a list of Okay, these are movies. When I come up on Netflix, maybe i'll check one out. I want to see the Marty Supreme movie, the Ping Pong movie with Timothy.
Speaker 2: Show Ye his name.
Speaker 1: Hell, that got nominated for Best Picture also and him nominated for Best Actor, and he won a Golden Golobe.
Speaker 2: So I want to see that.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, we'll get to that a little bit later. Apparently we have a deal for Greenland, according to Trump, a forever deal and work. The details have not been announced, but that'll come out later. And then it's like that Gaza thing. It's fine, give you got a framework, it'll be good. So that's funny, the Gazza thing. So they announced the what's it called the Board of Peace, the super Friends, I don't know, something of peace ministry piece, the Board.
Speaker 2: Of Piece, is it, Katie? Is that sound right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which is being mocked in all mainstream news outlets in the same way that they mocked Space Force Space Force, which in retrospect was absolutely needed and makes perfectly good sense. But anyway, I watched Jared Kushner's presentation today, Trump's son in law. Man, that guy is really sharp, and his speech of explaining of what they want to do and how they're gonna do it, I thought it was really really impressive.
Speaker 2: It seem like.
Speaker 1: Idea, perhaps he should have a position in the administration or something. Well he does not officially, but it plays a role in a lot of different things. But may if they can pull it off one of the greatest pieces of real estate unplanet Earth and build it into you know, hotels, restaurants, all that sort of stuff. He says they're gonna one hundred percent employment soon. They already started moving the rubble away. Everybody will have a job, and you know, one of the poorest areas on planet Earth, that will be a really big step up for most of those people, right to earn any wage whatsoever. And well, it was a horrible, miserable a place by their own making, and that of Hamas, which was essentially of their own making.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: The problem is always is the number of people out there who just want to destroy things and kill people over whatever it is, money, religion, whatever, whatever your particular reason is, and that crowd needs to be dealt with. So we'll see how that turns out. But I was verally impressed with it. And then I just heard NPR saying most European countries refuse to enjoin the Board of Peace, seeing it as an effort to undermine the UN. Ooh, you wouldn't want to undermine the effective, effective UN and all the things that they accomplished. The only thing they accomplished in that area was they had a bunch of a bunch of people in the UN who were fighting on the side of AMAS and participated in October seventh.
Speaker 2: That's what the UN did with that piece of land.
Speaker 1: You had me at North Korea on the Human Rights Commission, Yeah, right, exactly.
Speaker 2: Shut up might undermine the UN.
Speaker 1: Oh No, similar story about the WHO, which I'd forgotten that we pulled out of. And at least they were fair enough on NPR to say some of the critiques of the WHO include how they handled COVID. Oh. Yeah, really siding with the Chinese from day one because they're getting paid off. Yeah, that's reason actually covering up the real origins in impeding the science and the effort for a cure of vaccine for many, many months, letting many many people die.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have criticisms.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a thank you for acknowledging them, giving you a quick homework assignment, Katie. The movie Sinners, which I've barely heard of, just set the all time OSCAR nomination record with ten nominations, which means it probably is pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I know nothing about it. So if you can come up with any information about.
Speaker 1: The movie Sinners, I would like to know because maybe it's something I want to stream this weekend.
Speaker 2: Is it's just a lot of sinnings. It's just a cast of people in the area.
Speaker 1: Transgender drug Lord movie set a record last year.
Speaker 2: I oh no, but oh, I got sixteen nods. I misread it.
Speaker 1: So I'm guessing a movie about sinners. You got somebody coveting somebody's wife, you got somebody stealing, you got somebody lion. So much gluttony, Yeah, you get some gluttony. Oh, mister sloth, I wonder who plays the sloth guy. What's the theme of the Saw movies. Is that seven days since at least the first one?
Speaker 2: Actually it is.
Speaker 3: That's a horror movie, it is, Yeah, trying to leave their troubled lives behind. Twin brothers return to their hometown to start again, only to discover that an even greater evil is waiting for them to come back.
Speaker 2: Aw shoot, damn. The whole going back to our hometown things seemed like such a good idea, and then now what do we have?
Speaker 1: A greater evil? A greater freaking evil? Well, is it actually more the way things go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, Ryan Kugler's blues steeped.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. Music. Vampire Epic of Vampiremander, Vampire Horror.
Speaker 1: Vampire Natural hor got the most nominations of any film ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to bite your neck, baby, and so the blood ride out of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff. That was your vampire blues song.
Speaker 1: I'm just a you know, in the early stage, and I'm sure that got nominated for the Best s Rough Draft.
Speaker 2: I just hope the film's not woke, you know, a woke vampire movie. V Empire movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's white sucking the blood of bipocs.
Speaker 2: It just like in history. It looks well, there's a country.
Speaker 1: Sorry, a vampire movie looks woke. How do you get woken us into the vampire movie? They will find a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm I just saw it's it's a majority black cast and it looks like the only bad guy is a white guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just thinking that maybe you know, a vampire movie rises to the top, as somebody thought, you know what, I'm going to stay away from all these different issues and make a good old fashioned vampire movie.
Speaker 2: But I haven't seen it, so I don't have any idea.
Speaker 1: We should start the show officially before we get in troubled with the FCC. I'm Jack Armstrong or the Who or the new border piece they might not be happy with. As we start late, I'm Jack Armstrong and he's Joe Getty on this it is already Thursday, January the twenty second, the year twenty twenty six, were Armstrong and getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's leap.
Speaker 1: Into action officially now according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 2: Here we go at Mark and.
Speaker 5: Then after the war, which we won, we won it big without us. Right now, you'd all be speaking German and little Japanese.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you get it, you understand spaking German. So you get in line and your donna say.
Speaker 1: My favorite part of that is you got a picture of the Germans and they're thinking, yeah, we are speaking.
Speaker 2: Is that bad? Am? I not supposed to be thinking German.
Speaker 1: It's a nice language, very precise, and a little bit of Japanese. I just a little uh domrigatto minfuror that sort of thing. Yes, I like that as a I like that as a threat. Or you're putting people in their place there you go, huh when for me you'd be speaking Germany because that's that's the way to run a friendship.
Speaker 2: Ah well, whatever, whatever, what are you gonna do? So are you familiar with as a series.
Speaker 1: Of rhetorical questions, Apparently, what are you familiar with the phrase catch of the day?
Speaker 2: And how a controversial this has become? No, I don't know that one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So apparently the ice people up there in Minneapolis have something they announces the catch of the day, and it's the worst criminal that they apprehended.
Speaker 2: But many people are horrified at the.
Speaker 1: Flippant way to describe illegals being rounded up by no.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it.
Speaker 1: It might be a nice salmon dish with spring vegetables, yes, and just like a little bit of Japanese yes.
Speaker 2: Little soy sauce on there.
Speaker 1: Huh. So that's what we can talk about that. I don't I don't see it as that controversial. I actually think it's probably pretty good pr for what you're doing. Here's the worst person we caught the day. Look at this guy, freaking pedophile murderer. It was living over the in the country illegally. If the Left is really really good at one thing, it's pretending to be offended or working themselves up into actually feeling offended by something that's completely inoffensive.
Speaker 2: Another good case of it.
Speaker 1: How long is this, Michael? Because I can't handle much of it before I've had my coffee. Okay, it's a Mica being unhappy about this.
Speaker 5: Maine is the latest state to see ICE agents arresting immigrants, calling it grossly catch of the day.
Speaker 2: It is gross. Oh my lord, I barely I was almost vomited, all right, God dang it. Catch of the day, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, forn't for me. You'd be speak speaking German or Mika. How about to port one get one dog? No, I don't know, it's brainstorming. That's just a policy. Okay, we support one, get one free. Look, well, toport a bad guy, and then this he's kind of a nice guy.
Speaker 2: We'll let him stay. It's the dogo.
Speaker 1: Doubling down on flipp and it's what you're doing. We've got Katie Green with the headlines. We've got more news of the day. We'll see if the framework comes out. And now Greenland's our fifty first state, I guess, and I can't wait till they get a football team and everything all on the way. Here's our text line four one five two nine five KFTC. I was just reading more about this movie Centers that got the most nominations for Oscar in movie history, and sounds like an interesting idea genre, a blending idea. We'll talk more about that later. All right, A lot of stuff to talk about. Oh my gosh, these are weird times, troubled times, and comfortable time. Sure you got your New York police detectives got into a scuffle with a violent suspect, had to go to the hospital get their wounds treated. Hospital turned them away thinking they're ice agents. Oh my god, yeah, I know they're like, we're NYPD detectives. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Even if I'm an ice agent? What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Oh and the excuse by the hospital administration absolutely hilarious. We'll get to it in a little bit, but first, who's supporting audits? The lead story with Katie Green and Katie all right.
Speaker 3: It's all about Greenland NBC Trump sought Greenland deal that would hand us more.
Speaker 4: Control over security. ABC.
Speaker 3: Trump announces quote framework for a future deal on Greenland and drops the NATO tariff threat and ce NBC Denmark opened to quote Golden Dome talks after Trump tout's framework Greenland deal.
Speaker 1: Well, unless you know something I don't know, it seems like it would be hard to criticize or praise this deal since he says the details are to come. Oh right, yeah, yeah, yeah, Although to the extent you can tell what it is, it seems good for national and NATO security definitely. Well, yeah, some sort of cooperation with the United States and Greenland, which is obviously a good thing. I suppose that if you had a great it would be why did we have to go about it this way? Well, and that has been the critique by a lot of Republicans too.
Speaker 2: And Trump loyalists.
Speaker 1: Honestly, this one was clearly out of bounds.
Speaker 3: From the New York Post, Trump and Zelensky meet behind closed doors for brief one on one conversation at Davos.
Speaker 4: End quote it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could be big because the last time they got together at the Vatican. Remember, Trump came away pretty bolstered to help out Ukraine. So we'll see what he says about that today.
Speaker 3: From Reuters, witnesses say Iran deaths went beyond protesters, hitting bystanders as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure they did. Oh my god, I think about spraying bullets. Is that supposed to be like news?
Speaker 1: Oh no, really, they didn't just hit protesters, they hit bystanders. I'm sure the Mullows are really upset about that.
Speaker 3: From the Wall Street Journal, the US is actively seeking regime change in Cuba by the end.
Speaker 2: Of the year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pretty interesting and pretty promising too.
Speaker 2: Yet another world leader. We could yank, buy the beard and get him out of there.
Speaker 1: Raul's got a beard. He probably does. It's the family look.
Speaker 3: From the New York Times, the American murder rate has never been lower.
Speaker 1: This story should get more attention. We should talk about this more later. When the numbers came out while we were on vacation at the end of the year, stunning drops across all kinds of categories around the United States.
Speaker 2: And as usual, why why why not? I felt much more murdery in twenty twenty two myself. You feel more mellow these days, less murdery.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got people I think I could murder them than I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much trouble, I understand, But I feel so embezzled. I don't know what that's about. That's funny.
Speaker 4: From Rolling Stone.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl was already getting political, and now Green Day has entered the chat of what what's Green Day's role in the super They're going to be part of the Super Bowl halftime show as well, with Bad but Bad By.
Speaker 2: With Bad Bunny.
Speaker 1: Bad Bunny has the opportunity to turn into a full on ICE's bad situation, doesn't it, Because he's huge in the uh Hispanic world, lots of Spanish music or Spanish language music, so he's going to come out there to make some giant political statement. Almost San Francisco Bay Area of musicians who are going to tell us how to run the world. Can't we go back to seeing Janet Jackson's nipple. I mean, that was a happier time.
Speaker 2: Good times, Those were the.
Speaker 4: Good old days.
Speaker 3: CBS Peter announces it wants to replace punk Satani Phil with a hologram.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, don't use it. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out where to put that on my give a damn meter relative to Green Day.
Speaker 2: At the Super Bowl. Let's if they're kind of jockey in from position. I'm going to put it right below wire index cards three by five. Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: And finally from the Babylon Bee new subarus now come with built in ice tracker.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: I wonder, Peter, you're so yesterday. Peter, you gotta like blame the Jews. That's what's hot for grasps. It's really hot for just whatever you don't like about animals, the treatment of animals or whatever. I'm just reading about the various radical organizations on the right and left, Hello horseshoe theory that have decided.
Speaker 2: You know, why don't we just blame the Jews.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, we are only about a dozen days away from America's most embarrassing tradition. Crowned Dogs day, So we'll look forward to talking about that more winning gets here or less do.
Speaker 2: We work that day? I'm taking it all.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem like it'd be appropriate to work that day, does it, Respectful, you're forgetting the reason for the.
Speaker 2: Season right, right exactly.
Speaker 1: We'll get into some more news of the day, because there's you know, there's lots every day right now. The President's still over there and dabos and everything. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 2: Demand Armstrong and Getty. Well, we have a concept of a deal.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be a very good deal for the United States also for them, and we're going to work together on something having to do with the Arctic as a whole, but also Queenland, and it has to do with the security, great security, strong security, and other things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was taken in a lot of punditry yesterday, and the pundits that you know, lean toward really hating Trump, but talking about Canada being pushed into the arms of the Chinese or very Fewuropean countries being more willing to deal with China.
Speaker 2: No matter what Trump says. How could China possibly be a better option for you. Right.
Speaker 1: That seems crazy to me, Right, it's it's your boyfriend was rude, so you've been forced into the arms of a known rapist.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't make any.
Speaker 1: Sense now you work out the problems, right, exactly who's going to enslave you? Right, make you get your money picted to drugs and beat you? Yeah, exactly, that's uh. I love the Canadian people, and I love the country of Canada, but Mark Carney is an embarrassment anyways, just ridiculous. But some of my a couple of my favorite pundits were saying this yesterday. This is going to make Europe think about you know, China is a more reliable partner.
Speaker 2: What how is that even possible? Reliably reliably awful and want to take you over. I don't get it. Well.
Speaker 1: And in six months, two three years, Trump is going to be completely gone from the scene and perhaps the face of the earth, and and China will still be overtly aggressively evil. So that seems like a really bad strategic choice. We could we could go into a fair amount of detail on the topic du jour, which is the the fracus over Greenland by the way, you suggested they should have an NFL franchise. You got a nickname in mind for him? I mean, the Iceman is what leaps to mind. They gotta have a hockey team, is what they got to have. Oh my gosh, yeah, yeah, place the Iceman would be a little weird and hockey because they all play on ice.
Speaker 2: What have they got in Greenland?
Speaker 1: I nothing, rocks and smell minerals, the Greenland minerals, the Greenland barren landscapers. Yeah, that's that's that's swordy anyway. That's and the topic is it generally it's in you know, two to three sections, depending on who you ask. Number one the question of Arctic security, on which Trump is one hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: But in very very Trumpian fashion.
Speaker 1: Then section two of the discussion is the deal going forward, which is unclear, but the hints and glimpses we're getting through the forest are it's really good and really smart, and I think it'll end up in a really good place. And then topic three, of course, is the way Trump went about getting to the point that we are now and that we're likely to be. And I think it's very reasonable to say it's been absolutely terrible.
Speaker 2: It's been just a disaster in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Now feathers will be smooth and feelings will be unruffled, I guess, or that would be feathers. Butts will be less hurt down the road as time heals all hurt butts, as they say, or they should have anyway. But I think it's an illustration of Trump. And I was just reaquenting myself with the you know, I'm not a Freudian guy, but the whole id and ego and super ego thing, and Trump is just all in and ego, and it frequently results in things that were way way overdue that nobody else had the balls to do, I mean over and over again in a way that's like awe inspiring, great president. And then there's the stuff that's just a way out of bounds, hitting the quarterback when he's three steps out of bounds.
Speaker 2: Well, we can.
Speaker 1: Get a glimpse into what most people think about where things are going with this new time Siena Pol New York Times, Sanapol, which is one of their They only do it a couple of times a year. Really big spend a lot of money on a pole that usually gets a lot of attention, and we can check in on that maybe to kick off hour two. But people's mood just overall, it's pretty sour toward what the government's doing. And I mentioned that not as a critique of Trump, but just that's what the people's mood was about. Biden also, and that fits in with a lot of Western civilization where people, just administration after administration are unhappy with the direction of things. And I think that's its own interesting story, that Western sieve people are just unhappy with the direction of the countries. I don't know if people are just unhappy in general or what. I don't know, but we'll get into the numbers an hour or two. Yeah, I can easily hear a historian, you know, whispering in our ears. Hey, dude, a seventy five year period of relative peace, prosperity, and stability, that's all you're gonna get. I mean, it's like way way overdue, you know, serious upheaval and change and reshuffling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe doesn't sound.
Speaker 1: Super attractive to live through, but I mean that makes perfect sense. We got some breaking ish news I want to hit you with and see if you think it's legit or not. But first we need to tell you about price picks because there's lots of hot action going on right now on the courts of the field or whatever you got going on. I can't wait till this weekend for the games. You got your AFC Championship game in your NFC Championship game, which would be very, very exciting. Anyway, you should download the prize Pick app and get involved in all the fun boy, and when the Greenland barren Landscapers take to the ice, boy, I'm going to favor them in my lineups because it's super easy. All you do is pick two to six players and say more or less on their stat projections. You can combine players from different sports. You can glom onto somebody else's lineup if you notice they're frequently right. With prize picks, it's super easy. You can enjoy fantasy sports every week. You don't have to do a big draft and then sit around all season when you realize your team's terrible. And if you don't know who to pick because you don't have time to pay attention, you can copy other people's lineups. How do you like that somebody who's really good at it? Just copy their lineup and use that.
Speaker 2: Why not download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 1: Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: That's that code armstrong.
Speaker 1: You can play around with fifty dollars in lineups after you play first five dollars lineup Prize Picks. It's good to be right and speaking of where we are as where the world is. So you got this breaking story from the Associated Press breaking immigration officers are asserting sweeping power to enter homes without a judge's warrant. A memo obtained by AP says actual memo saying you can go into people's homes without a warrant and start questioning Mark Grabner or whatever.
Speaker 2: Now. One response to that from our libertarian crowd is.
Speaker 1: Literally what used to be the right's worst nightmare, federal agents empowered to kick down anyone's door for any reason. My question about this is not so much that policy, which maybe we can get into later, is I, as a guy who takes in media for a living, when I hear a story like that, my first thought is.
Speaker 2: That might be true, it might not be true, and I move on to someone else because I just don't know. I just don't have any idea, and it would take a lot of work to try to figure out if that's accurate or not. And so I just think I don't know and go on. And if I'm doing that, somebody takes in as much news, subscribe to every freaking thing you can subscribe and everything, and I just feel like I have the idea if that's true or not. Might be completely true, might be completely false, might be eighty percent one direction to the other.
Speaker 1: I don't have any idea, and I'm not going to take the time to find it. That's gotta be where the average person is on most stories. Yeah, yeah, two thoughts immediately leap to mind. Number one, that's always been the goal of the Soviet slash Russian propaganda efforts to get us so cynical and hit each other's throats that we don't believe anything. And the second thought that leads to mind And I found this super super interesting. The Free press was on this. Where is that when when the iyatolas cracked down on the Internet. I wish I could find that thirty percent of the anti government accounts on Twitter. I think it was went dark in a bunch of different countries. Oh, a lot of the really revolutionary. This place sucks, tear it down. We need to storm the dorm or the capital or whatever. A lot of that stuff is coming straight out of Iran. Well, imagine how many would go dark if you could turn off the internet in Russia and China and China. Yeah, right, Well that doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You combine that with legit news sources having no interest most of the time in being honest brokers for what's real and what's not, and I honestly I am befuddled as how to go forward at this point doing this job or just being an American citizen with the attitude I've got it.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's true, maybe it's not. I don't know, and I rolled my eyes and go onto something else because it's so hard to figure out what's true and what's not. Takes work. It certainly takes more work than most people have time for. Yeah, maybe it's going to take a while. Maybe over time. So many Barry Weiss or whoever emerges as a I can trust them most of the time. Most of the time, I know they're doing their best to give me what's true here and you can go to right now I don't mean to be discouraging. The only problem with that is that I'm a big consumer of the free press. As y'all have noticed, the uncomfortable reality is that it's very difficult to be truthful without being thorough.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: To oversimplify something often is to be misleading, and it takes time to do that, an attention span in an era when that is the last thing people are willing to devote to digging into difficult stuff. So we're doomed. In short, we're doomed. One final note and then we can. I want to chat about this in a little bit, but but favorable unfavorable for the two political parties. The Republicans are underwater fifty two and a half to thirty eight. The Democrats are underwater fifty six to thirty two. Miserably uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Funny that the entirety of our media apparatus practically tells us every day that Republicans bad, Democrats good. Right, And we had that gallop pole last week that for the first time ever, a majority of people are neither.
Speaker 2: Of those right.
Speaker 1: Circling back to your overall points, there's just enormous unhappiness and discontent in a lot of the developed world. Yeah, why is that earned?
Speaker 2: We'll off talk about that, I guess yes and no.
Speaker 1: We got mail bag on the way. We'll get deeper into that pole. I want to hit on a couple of the things coming out of the OSCARS today.
Speaker 2: Gets a gout some movies that I want to check out. I have a little more time. My kids have hit the years where I've got a little time finally that maybe I could possibly watch a movie I want to see at some point, which is.
Speaker 1: Just amazingly freedom. I can't even imagine for the past dozen.
Speaker 2: And a half years. That's kind of fun, isn't it. Anyway, we got a lot on the way. Stay here. Got one of those stories parents love to hate of a mom who let their kid play outside in their neighborhood unattended, and the state got involved. A neglectful parent now has to have visitation to their home, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I'm not impressed by humans kidding, how notion so looney tunes as that or some other obvious you know, points that we've talked about. A lot could go from that's hilarious and idiotic to that's an odd idea too.
Speaker 2: As you don't adhere to this, I will. Who's the kudu? How's who they were in the space of just a few years? Yeah, I mean, what the hell again?
Speaker 1: Humans my least favorite species except for mosquitoes. Here's your freedom hating quote of the day, once again from the Chancellor of Germany, Dolf Hitler, not the current one. That's a guy named Meritz anyway. Uh, the second to last of his blockbuster quotes this week.
Speaker 2: The victor will never be asked if he told the truth. That's a good one. Oof ooh, that's a good one. I tell you what.
Speaker 1: Lois Schickelgruber the embodiment of evil but incredibly clever and practical and worth studying. Yeah, he lost his freaking mind along the lines of Churchill's you know the winners write the history right right? The victor will never be asked if he told the truth? Mailbag, Tell the truth when you write us an email mailbag at Armstrong Egeddy dot com in an exciting and innovative mail bag today. Two emails, one topic. That's it, Matt the land Surveyor. Is this kind of like two girls, one cup? Is it similar to that or good God. Matt de Land surveyor unofficial Armstrong and Getty everyman philosopher, along with Matt the Idaho farmhand different Guy. Yesterday doing the first segment of the show, you're discussing what Elon Musk said about AGI Universal high income and of course the old rob the River of Blood. Elon said that we will have free healthcare. But if AGI is providing mankind with all of its wants and needs so much that money is now obsolete. Who's going to study for years to become a doctor?
Speaker 2: Better?
Speaker 1: Yet, why would that individual want that egg of dealing with the public if they have no financial incentive. It's one of the issues I have always had with socialism and communism. If everyone is given the same amount of money, who is going to do the harder, dirty job. Woul anyone want to work at the sewage treatment plant if you make the same amount as a quote unquote poet.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Therefore, what governing entity is in charge will have to whatever governing entergy is in charge, will have to force some people to do jobs they don't want to do for no extra compensation, and freedom is dead. Pay them more, and then it obviously becomes a completely different thing. And then Matt, in his way, anticipated my first probing question. Now I know that Elon would say AGI will provide the healthcare and run the sewage treatment plant. I'm guessing he is envisioning robots that are built in programmed by AGI that will do every job for us. But if you want a good sci fi dystopian future, imagine humans stop passing on the knowledge that they have gained to the next generation because quote, AI does a better job than any human ever could.
Speaker 2: One hundred years goes by and.
Speaker 1: Humans have stopped using their brains to think critically, and there's a glitch, some computer bug that shit shuts AI down and no one is skilled at anything. We have officially re entered the dark ages. AI won't come to our come for our vital jute. This is because it is a machine. Will eventually fail and people will be back to killing each other with sticks. I can talk about that email all day long because I'm really into this topic. But that first question, Yeah, why would anybody study to become a doctor, put in the ten years of work, the stress, everything, if everybody gets paid exactly the same. And that's true, It's no allowing you to money at all, as everything you need is available, whether you are a neurologist, sewage.
Speaker 2: Plant worker, or a crackhead.
Speaker 1: Or a guy who plays his guitar and writes crappy poetry right right. Second email on the same topic, this one from Michael. Appreciate all the ways y'all keep to find. Can I have a second take on that and put the words in something approaching the right order? I'm sorry I read so much faster than I can talk and get to all to tangle up all the ways you all keep finding to help me laugh up here in the Emerald City, Oh Portlandia. God bless you to your point about AGI moving us to a future where our every need is essentially managed. I cannot imagine a scarier place to live. Dostoevsky touched on this in his book Notes from the Underground, So I won't waste precious time reciting and here the book is short enough sufficing to say, as I'm sure you're aware, we humans are created to crave meaning. Meaning is most readily found in delta, or the difference between what is and what could be.
Speaker 2: The chase if we as a species.
Speaker 1: Embark on a reality where algorithms dictate our desires and in doing so flatten our desire to chase, then Huxley will have been a prophet beyond compare. You know it's funny as a giant fan of both Huxley and or Well. The classic question.
Speaker 2: Is who got it more right?
Speaker 1: I've always thought that was a stupid question, both of them. It depends on what tool the evil doers need at the any given moment, in any given situation. Are they going to beat us into submission or drug and pleasure us into submission?
Speaker 2: I think both.
Speaker 1: I really think the missing piece to a lot of this when we touched on this yesterday is people like Elon Musk and Sam Altman and you know the guy who runs Google, whoever that is, are so driven they to just accomplish things. They can't imagine that most of humanity is not like that, right, So let's I mean, accomplish things for accomplishment's sake. Most of them. A man, he's not like that. I need, you know, I need to get a win here. I need to make enough money or something. And without that, most people just gonna lay around and do nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's really useful when a person realizes, Oh, I'm kind of an outlier in this. I'm like in the outer ten percent of people who think like this or are like this because it helps you relate to humanity a little better.
Speaker 2: And I think you're absolutely right. Let me finish up Michael's email real quick.
Speaker 1: If we go down that road, I'm sure it will all be be all rainbows and unicorns to begin with. Candy houses in the woods for starving children.
Speaker 2: Candy houses.
Speaker 1: Boy, this is a really literate email. I'm really enjoying this. But the need for meaning will emerge from under the weight of stasis, and it wouldn't surprise me to see those same savages that Huxley mentioned in A Brave New World chasing meaning once again, much to the consternation of the central planners. Anyway, thank you all for what you do. Whatever comes next, don't be a gamma. Final Huxley note there we should bring up, especially that first email maybe an hour or four and have a lengthy discussion about it, because that's a hell of an interesting topic. We'll get into that New York Times Siena poll and a bunch of different topics that's out and see if you agree or disagree where the nation's mood is.
Speaker 2: If you miss it, get the podcast
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty