Speaker 1: Oh, it's the most wonderful time of the year where the playoffs are swelling and yet well tried. I was talking about the bands are yelling, you know time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, playoffs full swizzing and thunder Celtics, Yeah they are. They look like what we thought they looked like pretty they were. Yeah, and then love the Lakers Rockets makes me k be in a little bit of trouble depending on how their next games play out. We are going to be discussing all of this, checking the Clips, Lakers more with NBA analysts and Sports Better Jamison Welsh on the day's episode.
Speaker 1: I'm Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: And I'm Jack O'Brien, and this is Miles and Jack Boost Rocks.
Speaker 2: Let me take you be driving Spinny Better number eighteen. That's been secure the Celtics or NBA Champions.
Speaker 3: Team n be honest, look show time what you got?
Speaker 2: Yes, James a Welsh Sports Better analyst co host of the Mixed Company podcast. Welcome back to Miles and Jack got mad Boost. He's bringing your knowledge of the game to us.
Speaker 3: By the way, Roth is how you pronounced Ray Fines his first name. A lot of people don't know that, all right, Sorry, proceed. James, thank you. I just had to get that and that was important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure, I think so. I think so, James. How you been man, I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: Fellows. Thanks for having me as always, definitely appreciated of course, of.
Speaker 3: Course, great to have you. Is this also the most wonderful time of the year for the sports, the gaming contingent, the gaming industry?
Speaker 5: It actually is because you can bet on playoff games and both NBA and NHL. You've also been on regular season baseball games as well, so it's very it's very fascinating time.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, game you can kind.
Speaker 5: Of tell what's going to happen, so it's not it's not bad. It's not bad at all.
Speaker 3: Is hockey a good sport to bet on? I'm not really not familiar with hockey. Oh interesting, All right, that's not what this podcast is about. But uh, it could be the NHL just let us know.
Speaker 2: But yes, I mean going around obviously there's I don't know if we'll get to every series, but the ones that stick out I think they're definitely worth talking about.
Speaker 1: We'll definitely get to those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should mention we're recording this on Tuesday afternoon, so it's right before Game two of the Lakers series, right before Game two of who else we got this this evening? I mean, does it doesn't matter, it's really the lazy and.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are the games.
Speaker 3: Those two seem like they're on rail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those ones.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, we were like, do we talk about them? They just feel like your conclude chasers.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a that was a bad luck for the Bucks, but will probably not spend a whole lot of time on that unless Javison you want to, But I personally we're good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I figured I.
Speaker 3: Personally want to talk about Nuggets Clippers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I came the Clippers might have the best shot at uh coming out of the West other than Okay see, and they managed to really blow it in Game one, despite seeming like they should have won that one. But then they put it back together in game two and Kawhi you know, uh, it's an incredible series, just back and forth bombs and Kawhi playing out of his mind. There's this game that I always mentioned. It was Game one of the playoffs in twenty twenty three, where Kawhi still seemed like he was the best player in the league. For a game and then he got hurt and everyone's like, yeah, well that's he got hurt. He and you know that's what he does. But it like he's still at one hund he still seems to be right there at the top of the league, and I don't know he Like last night that seemed to be the case again, would you guys see.
Speaker 2: I saw just absolute like vintage Kawhi, Leonard James Harden scoring at will, responding when they needed to, and like, I know you asked before we recorded, like Jabari and like what are you as Laker fans, how do you feel about are you in denial about what you're saying? Like, I I know this is they look really really good and to be honest, it really fun to watch too. So I'm I'm low key I'm glad to see Kawhi playing at the level he is because that's you know.
Speaker 1: That's that's what we deserve as fans and that's what he deserves as a player. But yeah, Jamison, how about.
Speaker 5: You, No, It's great to see legends play like legends. Like I think that's the biggest thing we take away from it is that, Okay, we got a guy that is regarded very highly top seventy five player, you know, win healthy, he's just as good as anybody. So it's good to see that guy being able to stay healthy for a long period of time and able to showcase he was able to do. The biggest takeaway in my opinion in this whole situation was Denver really didn't make any adjustments, Like they didn't go to start trapping him every time he got the ball.
Speaker 4: There was nothing.
Speaker 5: He let him let whoever guard him get cooked, whether it was Murray or Gordon or whomever. It wasn't like, hey, let's get the ball of his hands, let Norman pal beat us even though he had a big three, or let someone else beat us. It was not it was let Kawhi just do what he does. And Matt didn't work out. But the key is going to be can he stay healthy as these games go on, especially the series goes there's not necessarily a two day break in between games, Like that's going to be interesting to see how his body holds up as things go on.
Speaker 4: But man, if his body holds up, he's just as good as anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were trying to get the ball out of his hands, and that was the one thing that like in comparing it with his run with Toronto, like he's still seems like he's able to evade a double team, but it's not quite as seamless. There was sometimes like coming down the coming down the stretch where he was like kind of having to like dribble around in circles a little bit to like just get to his spot. But he got there. You know, once he gets to a spot, he's it's going in and he eventually got there. But it's just like maybe there's five percent less athleticism then at his height.
Speaker 2: Jamison, what do you think about the Nuggets, how they've looked and just sort of the chaos before the postseason and just kind of how they looked the last two games.
Speaker 5: They look like a team that just fired as coach within the last pay period. You know, it's one of those situations where if you look at how they play, they have wild swings where there's some stretches where it look really good and there's some stretch away that look very disorganized. And it's unfortunate that's the case because you have Jokic having one of the best all time seasons ever and it's probably not going to result in anything significant, Like they're not gonna win a championship with this roster.
Speaker 4: They probably don't get out of this round.
Speaker 5: So you look back at us like, wow, like he's had such a great season, but the surrounding stuff is just.
Speaker 4: Not really good.
Speaker 5: Like as good as Jamal Murray is at times, it's not at all star level.
Speaker 4: Michael Porter Junior is Michael Porter Jr.
Speaker 5: The fact that someone made a poster or comment after game one talking about him being locked in, that ain't good to hear in April, Like if you're not locked in the playoffs and you're not all for the team and.
Speaker 3: Michael Porter and Jr. Yeah after game one, didn't they have to keep him off the court and at the end of game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, those aren't good things.
Speaker 5: And yeah, as your starter, this is your guy, you paid thirty something million two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like these things aren't good.
Speaker 3: So we're hearing Michael Porter Junior is locked in. It's like, oh yeah, anonymous for anonymous sources are are telling us that Michael Porter Junior is locked in.
Speaker 2: It's that George Bush me where he's whispering in his ear here, Michael Porter locked in.
Speaker 5: A lot of weirdness going on over there and it showed like Game one was so chaotic that I mean, Russell Westbrook the possession at the end of Game one a regulation was like the Democrat experience. It was in a big shot, make a big play and then dribble the ball out like you know what I mean. It was like it was all that in one. So yeah, that's kind of how it felt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that that was an amazing moment where thirteen seconds left where the Nuggets up I feel like they were up by one maybe, and he like they were trying to kill the clock and he just like drubbed the basket and like missed a layup and then like got it back or something. It was truly just a I forget who said it, but he said, Russell Westbrook is like the mystery box from Mario Kart, Like he's just like, you don't know what you're gonna get in the red shell.
Speaker 1: It could be a banana peel.
Speaker 3: You don't know, you don't know, flip your flip your card over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's one stat I was just reading about again, Kawhi Leonard and his impact on the Nuggets and maybe the lack of impact the Nuggets are having on him. This is from at Carsobi on Twitter at According to NBA dot Com matchup data, the Nuggets have a combined four for from twenty one when guarded by Kawhi Leonard. Meanwhile, Kawhi has shot twenty four of thirty four. He is a perfect ten for ten when guarded by Jamal Murray. Just that, yeah, not having much of an impact. You what do you guys think of flopping? Because I watched a two and a half minute mixtape of all of his flops from the first two games, and I was like, is this just frustration because other players are getting the calls because that's really not usually a.
Speaker 1: Part of the game, of his game that I'm used to seeing.
Speaker 2: Is it just like that it's taking a toll of him having to take so many bumps and not really moving around and getting the attention of the refs or you know, how is am I reading into this too much?
Speaker 4: Am I?
Speaker 1: Are you just as surprised? Not surprised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's looking like a soccer player out there for sure. He's looking FIFA.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Jamison, what do you think about? What any any thoughts on in his sudden loss of rigidity?
Speaker 4: No, he's always This has always been the case. He's always flopped.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't get mentioned because, you know, we kind of don't talk about We talked about everything else he does great, so we don't necessarily about the flopping.
Speaker 4: But that's always been the case. I think the difference this year.
Speaker 5: Though, is he's turning the ball over a little bit more now than in the past. I think fast the biggest takeaway in general. So when you're losing and things aren't going to court in a plan, we're going to start bringing up turnovers, flopping, et cetera, et cetera. I think fasci that as a whole, they're losing. Like last year, they are the number one seed, you know, so it's a little bit different this year, you know, not as great.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 5: Stuff going on, a lot of ups and downs, and when master case they look at the leader and they're gonna start nitpicking, and that's, you know, one of the few things that you can nitpick about.
Speaker 2: Sure, just add the added scrutiny makes it a little bit more pronounced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the foul hunting has been getting a lot of attention. But whether it be Jalen Brunson or you know, shit. Yeah, people, people are people are calling it out, people are you know, tuning in for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And they're like, uh, oh you floppy.
Speaker 3: It's good at it. I mean they're all all, all three of them are really good at it, which is what makes it frustrating, and it's probably why they do it.
Speaker 2: And a couple that were like, I've never seen you get so awfully round before in my life, but that's fine.
Speaker 3: It was like fine, a kid getting really into like playing war, He's.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, or sounds like a kid saw high jumping for the first time.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: I think I could do that. The uh did you mentioned the what what Kawhi is shooting?
Speaker 2: And when when Jamal Murray is guarding him, he's perfect ye out.
Speaker 3: Of ten of ten, Like is it is? He just gonna start being like, hey, Jamal Murray, could you actually come over here for a second real quick. I gotta I gotta get a couple of shots off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time they're like, oh, he's calling Jamal Murray out again in this he's like you you you right now.
Speaker 3: He's my safety blanket. Yeah, ten of ten wouldn't being guarded by Jamal Murray and I saw all of those. They were just good. They like he shoots over people like they're not even there in a way that seems insulting. It seems like it would hurt my feelings personally.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm kind of I wasn't kind of on you there. No, No, you weren't even close.
Speaker 3: Man, feel like I almost got that one though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure you did, man, sure you did.
Speaker 3: Just holding my knees, breathing real heavy.
Speaker 1: You're like, that's great, man.
Speaker 2: I didn't know make a Wish was doing stuff for guys in their forties, but I had to play with play against you, man.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh, Nicks and Pistons, this one could this one could get to this is this is They're split both games now. Game three is on Thursday. The Knicks took Game one after a They went on a twenty one point unanswered run in.
Speaker 1: The fourth quarter that just sealed the game.
Speaker 2: But then game game two, Pistons looked very good. Kate Cunningham looks really really good. I just after watching that. I mean, aside from obviously that twenty one point run on in the fourth quarter, the Pistons still looked really good. Uh and I'm I don't know, I'm as much as I have really, you know, as.
Speaker 1: A neutral, I always like the Knicks, but.
Speaker 2: This time I'm kind of feeling the Pistons. I think maybe there's some nostalgia there for me coming back.
Speaker 1: That I'm like, yeah, go go on, now, go on now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My main takeaway was just the way that Knicks fans were freaking out during Game one, and like, I just I feel I believe in the fans stress test as an indicator. Like I always knew when the Sixers were going to lose the series before everybody else, you know, even if they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like my.
Speaker 3: My skepticism was very well earned. So I just feel like nobody knows their team is in a bad place better than a fan who has watched them game in and game out. And like there was there were some reactions to like Pistons runs in game one on social media where it was like, yoh what everything, Okay, They're gonna be fine, right, fine? Yeah, And then it just feels like they might have seen something in game one that spooked them a little bit, and we'll see. I still think they're gonna win the series, but it's uh, yeah, it's definitely an interesting series. It's definitely ah.
Speaker 2: This little jamis what do you think? Where where's this? Where's this series going?
Speaker 5: Well, the Pistons have thoroughly outplayed the Knicks in the eight quarters, like they've team out in first two games. They've made a couple of matchup with you know, matchup adjustments they put Instead of putting Duran on Cat, they went with Tobias Tobias hairs on in last game, which was smart because now you allowed during to stay closer to the basket and get the rebounds.
Speaker 4: So that made a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: But the Knicks, they aren't really stagging on offense and they don't make any adjustments on defense. So to be honest, like I kind of like the Pistons here if Timms is going to make any adjustments, and this is what we have going from the first two games, I think the Pistons have to be favored to win this series.
Speaker 3: Who is favored in Vegas? That I guess that's a good question as our like kind of gambling expert. Are there any series that have flipped since the beginning of the series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So whatever a home team loses in the first two games, the series odds are gonna flip. So for instance, right now Nix and Pistons and Knicks are still favored to win the series. The minus too fifteen mean you got put two hundred and fifteen dollars favorite.
Speaker 3: Pretty heavy.
Speaker 4: Yea even went out home court. That's really heavy.
Speaker 5: For instance, the Lakers series opened up at Lakers minus two hundred. Now it's Lakers plus one ten to win the series.
Speaker 3: So that series is basically a toss up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that series flipped quite a bit after game one.
Speaker 4: So just depending on how it.
Speaker 5: Goes, each game goes, you know, there's always adjustments, but yeah, no, there is, Uh, there's definitely odds being switched after every game for sure.
Speaker 3: So that went from like Lakers having say a seventy percent chance of winning the series is what Vegas thought at the outset to like about fifty to fifty at this point basically yeah, yeah, yeah, they're like forty eight fifty two. I mean that's speaking of yes, speaking of their teams better than anyone. Let's let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll talk about the Lakers and the rest of the series and anything that's jumping out to any of us. We'll be running back.
Speaker 4: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 3: We're back, baby.
Speaker 1: Who So are the Wolves with an axta grind? What's going on here?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 1: So yeah, that got game one Lakers Wolves.
Speaker 2: Wolves just absolutely folded us up, just did whatever they want. We let them shoot. We just were like, yet to shoot whatever, three, Just go ahead, take an open three.
Speaker 1: Every time.
Speaker 2: They were twenty one of forty two from deep and pretty much dominated in every other meaningful metric in the game. To me, it just felt like we showed up and just absolutely did not respect the Timberwolves or the playoffs or anything.
Speaker 1: We just looked so not prepared. It was not It did not feel good. We look sloppy.
Speaker 2: For Luca being, you know, scoring like he was just not having Austin Reeves and Lebron also simultaneously show up.
Speaker 1: Hurt a lot.
Speaker 2: But you know, JJ Reddick said before this game too, is like, maybe we should have practiced before that game.
Speaker 3: Wait for real, he said that maybe we should have practiced.
Speaker 2: Turns out maybe that would have been said. And this is from Dave mcminnaman, and he said, JJ Redick said, in retrospect, he and his coaching staff wonder if they should have scrimmaged. He said, scrimmaged more with the week off going into Game one, and then said.
Speaker 3: We should have I don't know, played some more basketball. But all right, So here's what I So. Both Lebron and Luca have been known to have bad game ones. I can remember specifically, like a Luca game one I think against the Clippers a few years back, where it looked like people were like, oh man, the Clippers are watch out for them, and then you know, Luca did what he did. Like there was I think it was Lakers Warriors the year that two years ago when the Lakers went to the Western Conference Finals, and I remember after Game one, listening to Zach Lowe on a podcast be like, I don't see any possible way the Lakers win this, Like this one's a rap man, like they can't figure this out, and you know, Lebron figures things out better than anybody in the history of the league. I feel like he's just you know, he's got it. He's got an incredible basketball computer that always is going to find an angle that said he is forty years old, and there did seem to like they looked real bad in that game like, usually when they lose game ones, they're not getting crushed like that. And physically they looked completely outmatched. But I don't know, what would you see jameson.
Speaker 5: It felt like a team that got comfortable after they were up in the first quarter. Yeah, they're up twenty eight and when at the end of the first quarter and it felt like they were in control of the game and they felt very comfortable, and it felt like they let the foot off the gas and then next thing you know, the two Wolves were up ten and it was like, whoa what happened? And once they started hitting threes and they got in rhythm, it was over like And also got to remember Minnesota has been in the playoffs before as a unit, Like, even though their roster is a little bit different last year, everybody that's playing has postseason experience. They're not afraid of the moment. They're not afraid of being in LA and playing or anything like that.
Speaker 3: They have beat the breaks off of an old team that, you know, like a team that everybody was like, yeah, so the Sun's we we can like this is going to be the end of the Minnesota's run. Oh yeah, you should just be happy to be there and then they just beat them. You know, did they sweep.
Speaker 5: Them last year?
Speaker 3: They sure did, They sure did, so, I mean they in here, yeah, yeah, And I don't think.
Speaker 5: As we get swept. I think there's so much pride and talent on there and to get swept. However, they do have to mix up the defensive coverages they do have tox is, the lineups a little bit. They need to get a little bit more athletic on the court because the way Minnesota plays, they spread the court very well, so you're gonna need some athletes to contest shots. And you know, with the switching and the way they attack Luca and Reeves, you're gonna need some guys to double and recover a lot and to get rebounds too. So it's gonna be very fascinating what JJ has got up tonight.
Speaker 4: But it is at must win. And you guys mentioned.
Speaker 5: That Lebron and Luca have had bad games the ones before and they usually regroup, so they should be okay tonight.
Speaker 4: But man, you can't allow twenty one threes. That that won't work.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean that's that's the other part, just especially with so little of them being contested and just letting Naz read just also come on, well, he is going to punish.
Speaker 1: Us if we just get them. Let them just have these open looks.
Speaker 3: So, did you guys know who made the most threes in the NBA this year? It's been it's been staffed by a lot for I think, like the past, I don't know ten seasons, but this year wasn't Steph. It was Edward and yeah, like that's unbelievable, Like he just yeah, he took the most made threes crown for Like, no, I don't think Peter like he was shooting well last year. I still wouldn't have like thought that was possible. So he's he's a great shooter. They shoot a ton of threes and they're they're really good at it.
Speaker 2: I was maybe the fourth quarter when he just threw one up in Luca's face and afterwards just gave.
Speaker 3: Him give him the spider mank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, oh, please come on, Like it was so hard. I'm like, and Luca even like you can see Lucas face, he was like come on.
Speaker 3: Man like taking man like that said, I do like Luca likes to get that motivation going, and I like when he's being motivated by disrespect from another player on the opposing team as opposed to the refs or you know, fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people are saying like they're he has like ongoing beef with like fans in different arenas around the lead, like just they're like, oh, yeah, that guy Luke always get into it and it's like a fan in the fifth row. So yeah, he's he's got that right kind of mental illness.
Speaker 2: Sources happened to it, Yeah, exactly, yeah, exactly. And I think also too for the Wolves, I'm sure that they also look at this too and being like, oh, we're playing a Luka Doncics team again in the playoffs and rather like and there's a lot of you know, that's where the real I think motivation is also coming to that. I think the lakersers are not prepared for and need to sort that out quick.
Speaker 3: Super producer Jabari pointed out the ant went from taking six point seven threes per night to ten point three threes per night this year and went from shooting thirty five point seven percent last year to thirty nine point five percent this year. Like that's the wild thing about him is like he is one of those guys who seems to be improving exponentially, just like adding things to his game because he's just such an incredible athlete and just works so hard at it.
Speaker 1: Then goes up.
Speaker 3: Who knows. Yeah, line does seem to be go up to any other big moves. I'm assuming the Pacers Bucks series, like the Pacers' odds went way up after game one, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that Yeah, the Pacers line definitely went up. The thing with them, that's interesting and it may be off the board now since I think the game just start or is about the start. But the thing with him is, I always thought they would they wouldn't have any problems in this series, just based off of they're better like than the Bucks at this time, Like.
Speaker 3: You think that's an advantage then being.
Speaker 4: Better you usually win in the bus. You know, they're without one of their star players and the rest of the roster ain't great, and it feels like Giannis has a step out of Milwaukee just gives that kind of you already starting to see articles about other cities and other places and whatnot.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it gives you a you know, hey, man, I wouldn't wish this.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. I'll tell you what Doc Rivers is doing. The Lord's work out there just happened to gut it out with one of the best players in the league on his rosters. Yeah, he's a hero. He's a hero that we can all, you know, stand back and it's like Rocky one. You know, we're watching somebody take a lot of punches and uh, you know, we're just admiring him for being able to stick with it without retiring to a golf course somewhere.
Speaker 2: Dame is returning though, tonight, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 3: Are up ten to five. But yeah, I don't think Dame is enough. Like I mean, I could see Dame having a game where he's just you know, pulling up from the logo multiple times and plays really well, but I don't know if that's enough for the them to beat the Pacers more than twice.
Speaker 2: What about what it's Celtic's magic here that feels.
Speaker 3: Quarter there where I was, I was getting excited, But yeah, it's not gonna happen. But the magic still fun to watch play defense, But I don't enjoy watching anybody play defense as much as I like watching that team play.
Speaker 2: Du Calves heat also did. Yeah, I'm just like, well, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 3: We're good. Yeah. And really, honestly, as somebody who's you know, uh, Celtics versus the field, and I'm rooting for the field. All I care about is it's not the Celtics, Like I want everybody, I want the best team to win in every series, you know, and I think the Calves are that team. I think the Pacers are that team. And I think, uh, the Nicks are probably that team personally. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's the Pistons, I got, I got to I'm kind of on the fence on that one.
Speaker 5: Well, so they are the better team because they have better players. However, if you don't play correctly and your team has flaws, I don't know. That's the thing. Like the Knicks talent wise, of course, and they're gonna the Knicks are gonna win a game in Detroit. Like the Pistons aren't winning two games in Detroit. They're just too young. I don't see that happening. I think the Knicks wake up in one of those games. But from top to bottom, like the Knicks roster, as highly priced as it is, they are a better overall team but man, they just forever reason I don't think they play the best brand of basketball they can every given night. It feels like they can never have a great bruns In and Cat game. It feels like one of those two guys goes off, but not both at the same time.
Speaker 3: Right, And is that do you think that's a rule that they've said internally? Like that, guys, it just wouldn't be fair.
Speaker 1: Come on, brou only one of you a knight, that's it.
Speaker 5: You know what though, Like when they put this roster together, you thought like, okay, they got the guard and the big guy, so it should counter you know, it should be able to company each other. It just doesn't because in the way Brunson plays, Kat doesn't necessarily fit out brunts and plays like Bronson's ISO guy, and Kat is a pick and pop guy with a little bit ISO as well, So they really don't company each other that well what they both do. So it's very interesting to see how this is going to go. But also Cat has to play better. Kat cannot let Tobias hairs check him. That's just unacceptable. And I expect to have a better game in game three.
Speaker 3: He was good in game one, so that's what. That's his promise to you. He's gonna be good every other game.
Speaker 4: All right, that works, that's face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, producers J Barry pointing out Brunson is one of the leaders in unassisted two's the nick a big iso ball team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Rockets Warriors. Who's so, I'm assuming the Warriors were favored and remain favored in that series? Is that? Is that accurate?
Speaker 5: So? Yes, the Warriors were favored going into it, and they still are favored.
Speaker 4: The veteranness of the Warriors showed someday.
Speaker 5: It really stuck out because the Ws aren't that great of a team this year, Like this is not one of the better Warrior teams. This might be the worst playoff team that they've had since the run started. I just don't think they're that good. However, Houston's so young that they made a lot of mistakes early in the first half that they really couldn't overcome. Even though they got back in the game and they were within the possession in the fourth quarter, they just there's so much, so many mistakes, so many empty possessions in the second quarter and then some of the first quarter that it really set them back and eventually Steph is going to make you pay, and that's what happened time and time again later in that game. But that being said, I think a lot of it was first game jitters. I don't think Jalen Green plays that bad again. I don't think Van Vliet shoots that poorly again. So I think the Rockets will win Game two. But overall in that series of I'm Golden State, I'm pretty confident.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, there's something like heading into the series, I like really wanted to take the Rockets and then it's just like yeah, but you still have to make like this, the the sport is still you still have to like make more points. I think in this one too.
Speaker 2: You're well, I think it's that your number of points has to be a big higher.
Speaker 3: Than the other teams run after.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so the Rockets don't have that many people who can do that, and that is my main Like when I was going back, I was like talking in previous episode about how like that there are always these young teams who are like good all year and people are like yeah, and that's about to end in round one, like Minnesota last year, where people were like yeah, but they've had a nice run, but they don't have enough experience and then they surprise people. But all those teams had, like Memphis a couple like a few years back, all those teams had people who could score, who could just like create their own shots and get buckets when needed. And that just feels like the missing ingredient for for the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Steph just he should have just brought for everyone. Yeah, because it was just there was a few moments where I think it was late later in the game, he was just hitting these threes where even Jimmy Butler was just slightly disturbed at how good he was at basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he like shot one falling out of bounds, kind of didn't didn't even like seem to be a basketball shot so much. She was like kind of just.
Speaker 1: Licking it up, got it?
Speaker 3: He a Butler.
Speaker 5: As I said at tune the piece still dance.
Speaker 4: We'll throw up a shot.
Speaker 1: Metrically that should not have happened.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a shot.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, foregune conclusions when he shoots the ball.
Speaker 1: Other foregun conclusions. Okay, Grizzlies, that was U g l y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well is there in terms of matchups, is there any difficulty you foresee Jamison for okay, see or you think I think.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's gonna run through the West, and it feels like Denver the championship year, where they're just far and ahead better than everyone else's going to show.
Speaker 3: It's going to show rather including the East, including the Celtics.
Speaker 4: That's a little different. I think that match will be good. I think out West they're better than everyone by far.
Speaker 5: Like I don't see a close I don't see who's the second best team in the West, Like you can run off five teams and like, okay, I can see that, but I don't see a close competitor to them out West. I think they have least amount of flaws. I think they have the best defense in the league. I think that's how good their defense is. I do think they shoot the ball from the outside well, they play make well, and I think losing the way they did last year, multiplied by the lack of respect they've gotten this year, is gonna loom. You know, it's going to be a key factor for them going forward. So yeah, I think they're the best out West. In the East, I think it's still Boston everybody else. However, Tatum being hurt Jalen Brown with the NAT with the knee issue leave some concerns because those are their two best players and if they're not one hundred percent, they could end up getting a situations where the series go a little longer than they should and that only catches up to teams like that. But they're still the best team in the East and until someone gets them, I still have that come out to come out the East.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, should we take another break and we're going to do a very special rapid fire round of questioning where we're going to look at some answers to a pull that just went up today that we want to see if you're in line with the players in the NBA with you did all right, So we're going to ask you the questions and you're going to pretend like you didn't see it, and uh.
Speaker 4: I saw a most overrated part. That's the only one I saw it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Oh good, because there's a way more questions than that perfect perfect.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna take a break. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're James and Welsh. You are rapid fire round of questioning? Oh man, I feel I feel sometimes I feel sorry for people to get.
Speaker 2: That feel really bad for our guests because you're about to answer the rap fire a round of questioning. This question for a question to answer secment in all podcasting podcasting. We're asking you a question a little bit different now because we're basing it around this anonymous poll of NBA players that just came out on the athletic but nonetheless answer quick answer faithfully?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Answer faithfully?
Speaker 1: Jameson Welsh is ready? That means Brian start the clock? All right, all right, way, I'm gonna give you some names.
Speaker 3: You're gonna tell me if they are on the best franchise or worst franchise in the league. All right, you ready? Yep, yeah, you already said you're right. Okay, all right, Dallas Mavericks worse, they're in the best. They're like twelfth on the on the best list. I know, yeah, it might have it might have happened a little earlier. Philadelphia seventy six ers. Obviously you knew that.
Speaker 4: I mean the medical staff got some issues, so I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, in a weird case, why are they around? Yeah, they're the fifth worst. Okay, see Thunder the best I guess number two, yeah best. Yeah, Memphis Grizzlies.
Speaker 4: Say the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in the they're on the worst list. New York Knicks best worst, there's like seventh worst. Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 4: Wow? I always hear nothing but good things from the players. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: I wonder. Yeah, it's I guess it's a lot about perception, right, Like, you know, whenever they're trying to get a player, I feel like it never goes that well for them, unless it's Jalen Brunson. Uh, Cleveland Cavaliers best best, number seven. I think winning helps a lot. I would say, yeah, yeah, all right, Uh, we're gonna do the overrated underrated list, and uh, you're gonna tell me which of these players are overrated list? Which players are underrated list. We're gonna start with Franz Wagner.
Speaker 4: He should be underrated, he is, he's.
Speaker 3: On the underrated list. Uh.
Speaker 5: Jason Tatum, Uh, you should be underrated.
Speaker 4: But I don't think he should be overrated.
Speaker 3: I wish he was overrated, but he's underrated. He's on underrated list.
Speaker 5: Lebron James Man, I mean it's I mean, I mean, he shouldn't be on a list of over underrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I probably guess that he's probably on an overrated list.
Speaker 3: He's on the overrated list. Yeah, and I'm hoping that he saw that is carrying that energy into the into the rest of the postseason. Jared Jackson Junior, Jared jack over that is correct, they have him overrated. Yeah, Giannis Antetakupo, he can't be overrated, and yet and yet they do have him as overrated in between Joel Embiid and Dylan Brooks.
Speaker 4: We can't.
Speaker 5: We can't call him overrated when his when his front office has failed him.
Speaker 3: I know that would be my my thought as well. But I should mention what the number one is in each of these category worries. The number one so the number one best organization. So, just going back a second, the Golden State Warriors are the number one best organization, followed by the OKC thunder and then the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 1: Damn is it about them?
Speaker 3: I thought you guys were cool the NBA, and then the league's worst organization number one is the Hornets and number two the Washington Wizards. So ouch. And then on the overrated underrated list, the league's most overrated player according to fellow players. Number two is who I expected, Rudy Gobert, because you know, he is not popular among his fellow players. Number one Halliburton.
Speaker 4: Which that's interesting.
Speaker 3: That is interesting because I mean he is inconsistent, like he I'm like, I wonder if this is just people who went against him when he was having like going through a slump and they were just like, man, this guy's.
Speaker 5: Cook based off of salary versus got it.
Speaker 4: I think that's what it is, because the player he is who he is.
Speaker 5: But when you're making that kind of max, you have certain expectations. So I can understand why he would wind up at that at that part of the list. But I don't think he's the most overrated guy. I think, you know, like for Jared Jackson Jr. Was eligible for if you won Deep Boy, he would have been the number one most overrated guy for a long time just based off of the kind of money he was eligible for for what he produces.
Speaker 4: It's not about he's actually a really good player.
Speaker 5: It's just that the way these salaries are and the way these things end up being.
Speaker 4: Guys get drastic over drastically overpaid.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, league's most underrated players. We'll just go down the list here because this is kind of fun to here what fellow NBA players think. Number one most underrated player, Kate Cunningham underrated.
Speaker 4: So who would be the like, the most underrated player.
Speaker 3: That's that's the number one of the number one most underrated player according to other players in the NBA. Number two Derek White, which that is painfully true as somebody who does not like the Celtics and roots against them on every possession that I've ever seen. He is the most frustrating person to root against because because he.
Speaker 1: Went, he went, he want Walter White on him, Derek White on him.
Speaker 3: When he shaved his head, shaved his head, it was it's all been over for all of us since then. Number three Norman Pale, And this is maybe the most surprising appearance on any list for me. Number four most underrated player from the Los Angeles Lakers, Austin Reeves. I would not have expected other NBA players to pick him as underrated, but.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they're like also just thinking in terms of like the money he's paid, rather the money Austin Reeves took.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's true, he took a bad contract.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with this many millions of dollars to be honest, to stay here, that's fine. I mean this calculus is way different. I think it's probably to do with that, because my god, I mean, we got such a steal with that contract.
Speaker 3: All right. The coaching list is kind of interesting. So best coaches in the league Dagnaut from OKC number one, Uh, Kenny Atkinson two, Spo three, Mozilla four and then tylu five. Those are all good. Uh. Number one worst coach in the league Brian Keith.
Speaker 4: I mean that's not fair.
Speaker 3: Is the Wizard's coach.
Speaker 4: That's not fair. He didn't do nothing for that to get that right, right.
Speaker 3: Number two Budenholzer, Bud's.
Speaker 4: Coach, no more so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is obviously taken before he got.
Speaker 4: Fired, fired on his day off.
Speaker 3: So and number three and this one passed this thing a little bit because like it's not like there's a small like I feel like most of the players in the NBA have played for him or have friends who have played for him. Doc Rivers Number three, worst coach in the league according to the players in the league. Number five Nick Nurse Ouch.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, I can't for that roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, number six is TIBs, which I do wonder if that's ever going to be coming to an end.
Speaker 5: If they lose in this first round, it will Yeah, that's good. Yeah, and six or less he's out of there.
Speaker 3: You can't have losing seven. He's gone to like there.
Speaker 4: This would be.
Speaker 3: On both the best and Worst coaches list. Michael Malone, Oh so interesting. He's the only person I saw who made both best and worse lists.
Speaker 4: Actually a good coach. I didn't think he was a bad coach.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, just I mean, if anything, it feels like maybe he just lost that locker room.
Speaker 1: But hey, facts, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, Jameson Welsh, thank you so much for joining us on Miles with Jack got Mad Boosties. Where can the people find you and follow you and receive your wisdom.
Speaker 5: On Twitter at the Jamison I'm very friendly, so you know, anyone has any questions about gaming or the NBA or any of the sport I can either do my.
Speaker 4: Best or I can find the answer for you. So always here to help.
Speaker 1: You heard it here first, you heard it here you go.
Speaker 2: You can follow us on Twitter and Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: I'm there at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: I'm that jack underscore Brian on Twitter and jacko be the number one on Blue Sky.
Speaker 2: And yeah, make sure you follow the hashtag mat boosties BA SDI E S.
Speaker 1: That's where you'll find show links and updates, and that's how you can join the conversation on discord again to search out hashtag and you.
Speaker 2: Could figure out how to join up. That's going to do it for us this week when we come back. Might have bitten all my fingernails off, or maybe I grow them in a celebratory manner.
Speaker 1: We will have to find out fingernail.
Speaker 2: Bro sellers got them along, y'all like a blameful falk guitar.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, we'll see you later. Bye bye