Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Injuries we got Burford knee, won't practice, Aaron Banks toe limited, chamarging, Charles shoulder limited, Ray Ray rib limited, Hardgrave thumb limited.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Aaron Banks. Does he have any chance?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: What's the next man up situation for right guard?
Speaker 1: Go there?
Speaker 3: We got some guys on practice squad and we just brought a guy in.
Speaker 4: Or no.
Speaker 3: I think he would be all right if he played Sunday, But it's a question here on Thursday and can't go today, so it's worsome.
Speaker 4: Is the arch Is he in the building yet?
Speaker 3: I am not sure?
Speaker 4: How do you go about getting him up to speed and any chance that you can suit up.
Speaker 3: On there's an outside chance, but I mean but being a short week, will most likely go different traction. But got a lot of moving parts with that.
Speaker 1: Practice had right guard today and.
Speaker 4: You'd mentioned on Friday that the plan was to sign Jason Brett to the practice squad.
Speaker 3: Is that still no, it has not happened.
Speaker 4: You anticipated happened.
Speaker 3: We'd like it too, but not sure yet. The coaches, you and the coaches stay over here after the game of the night, are in preparation of Seattle?
Speaker 1: Or do you guys get to go home.
Speaker 3: No, we we enjoy Sunday night knowing how miserable the next few days are gonna be. We've been here since we came in Monday morning, but we enjoyed Sunday for a little bit, got to bed early, and aren't gonna look back to after the game on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Said that that sometimes the game plan a Thursday after Sunday sometimes is a little bit more condensed.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate on both sides.
Speaker 2: Of the football you like it to be.
Speaker 3: I think it's different on both sides. You'd love to make it condensed. Sometimes you don't have the time to make the decisions. You know, you got a bunch of plays you like, and you don't know which you like. To go through plays for a long time to make sure they're all detailed and which ones to go with, and sometimes you don't have time for that. So sometimes you put in the extra ones and you decide over the next forty eight hours which ones to take out and keep in. So we've done them both ways. But it's it's always tough. Guys are familiar with It's main thing.
Speaker 1: Number to show you.
Speaker 4: Guys usually deep a little bit more than you have in the past. Is that a product of you're dialing those up a little bit more and belief in Brock or is Brock taking those shots more or is it maybe combination.
Speaker 3: I just I think when the looks are there, he takes them, and so I think the looks have been there at times, and when they have been there, he really doesn't miss them and done a good job of coming down with them.
Speaker 4: Are any difference in the way teams are defending you since you've kind of started to.
Speaker 3: Establish that, the more areas of the fields you hit, the more areas they got to defend. So it's try to balance all those out and try to throw where they're not and Broxs in a real good job with that.
Speaker 4: Carroll coach the team.
Speaker 3: Just the style they play with. They're so competitive, it doesn't matter what the record is. Where you play offensive and special teams, they all go extremely hard. They practice hard. I think, just the style of their play and when you watch the Salent Silent tape, it's just as close to ours as anyone else. I think we're very similar in the style our teams play with.
Speaker 4: All the biggest challenge of Mett, Cap and.
Speaker 3: Lockett, what's that what's.
Speaker 4: The biggest challenge that met Cap and Locket.
Speaker 3: I mean dk just how explosive he is. He's in the size of them to be that explosive with that size and be able to drop your hips and run all the routes. It's had two guys I've ever been around like that, and one was Julio Jones, and now there was Andre Johnson. And this guy thinks a couple of inches taller and about twenty eight pounds bigger, so it shows you how talented he is. And then Lockett, I think it's been one of the more underrated receivers over the last ten years. He's so consistent what he does. He's got such a savviness on how to find the zones when a lean away from certain man looks and stuff, and very consistent receiver. Gina has done some good things. Gino's He's earned this role to get to where he's been these last two years. Gino was really good at, you know, kind of attacking the defense, take what they give them, the goals to hopefully make them one dimensional and try to get them to have to make some bigger plays and not just stay within the scheme. How he defense Oh yeah, it was. I mean, it would have been fun to watch him these last twenty four hours if we weren't having to go against him. But he was as advertised. He's he's a good player. He's all around the ball. When you study the run game, you see him a lot. When you study first and second down, you see him a lot. When you get to third down and watch coverages, you see him a lot. So it's every aspect of the game he has an impact on and a really good football player who is also extremely talented.
Speaker 4: If you observed or a scene from Sean Gibsons working with young players like dire Brown to help them whenever they get their chance to be able to step it seamlessly.
Speaker 3: Gifts just got such a poise back there. It's kind of Gip in the back end and Fred in the middle, and their ages are a little different, but they're both the the the dads of the group, I say, with Get being a little more senior than Fred, but they're also the ones who aren't as reckless. Say that in a bad way, but also could be a good thing. They control things a lot back there. He makes very few mistakes and guy's gonna watch them a lot by example too, just how he carries himself each week, how he takes care of his body. And I think he's a guy that not just the secondary looks up to, but everyone on our team.
Speaker 4: Otem is a safety backup safety now and he's Hawkins on the practice squad. Is that is that a little thin in terms of depth for safety.
Speaker 1: Or is that doable?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: It's I mean usual. Most people in the NFL have four safeties, some might have five, some might have but a high percentage of four. So when you lose one, it's always an issue. And we got a guy in practice squad who you just said, and we've got other guys we can cross train, so short week, we'll deal with it right now. But something that we might have to dresses this year goes corners.
Speaker 4: Can they step in in a pinch and play safety type positions?
Speaker 3: I mean someone's got to go there, you know. So when you lose certain guys, you got to always have that plan, just like at O line when you lose a certain amount of guys, Just like a quarterback when you lose a certain amount. So you know, there's no third strings on the NFL field. It's ones and some guys have two's, but you know all those twos are also playing special teams. So that's the whole challenges this year goes.
Speaker 4: I mean, she used the UCLA running back on the screen game.
Speaker 3: How'd you guys feel like you defended the screen last week against Tampa?
Speaker 1: And and what do you think of the UCLA.
Speaker 3: Rookie running back? He's good, good back, done good and in the games this year. We really thought he was a good player coming out of college. He's good at running the ball, good at screens. We got better last week. I thought it screens not to be confused with did very good. So something I know will keep seeing and we gotta keep challenging. You see the Seahawks run defense, you guys did pretty well against the last last year or so, how's it changed at all? And how is your rush rushing attack with? I mean, there are always a challenge to run the ball against. It usually takes till the fourth quarter to and you got to break a long one to ever make it look like you did good. It's they usually commit to that pretty well.
Speaker 4: Up there.
Speaker 3: It's twice as hard as anywhere else. Cadence is a huge issue. They would use it to their advantage a big time and it's hard to get it going. So uh, you know, you got to get a big one to have that, which we have gotten a couple of times, but it's usually not till late. And then I usually look at getting the run game going to kind of how we do when we're not running the ball, because that has to do a stand on the field, moving the chains, and that's what allows you eventually to get the run game going. From the end of the day, you desire to win or competitor, but you will see you knows.
Speaker 4: During the game, you guys might be a mouse and he's kinda laughing on the.
Speaker 1: Sideline or or or joker around.
Speaker 4: Like initially when you.
Speaker 3: First saw that where that we were like, what is with this guy? Like is this guy wired at differently? He was more nervous his rookie year. He wasn't as talkative, he didn't have the ponytail yet then, and I didn't have as many tattoos. But no, Kittle's just always a positive guy. I mean, if if he's talking and he does a lot after his rookie year, that's always positive. I mean he's always gonna be upbeating stuff. I love that, cause that's him. Sometimes I don't enjoy it the most were I practice and things. I don't think there's much to be positive about. And I can see him going around just being all positive like he is. But then you realize that's who he is and he's always like that. So guys count on him for that, and I think it helps him, helps him stay at a certain level and makes him be a leader in his way to our guys.
Speaker 1: Uh, look at the the Thursday night Seattle game almost a year orgo compared to this one with Brock. Just how valuable was that experience ram to go in and plant such a tough environments.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's it's real valuable.
Speaker 3: I Mean he's been to some loud places too, but Seattle is always right there is the loudest, if not tied for it. And uh, you can always tell people how loud it is, but they don't know until they go there. And he went there, so he knows what we're talking about. So I don't have to stress importance up to of it to him. Uh, he's gonna be doing it to our guys for these two days.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the other day, allowing the guys to sleep in this morning on Monday. Is there any shines behind that? Is there an amount of sleep you want the guys to have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is, but I don't. I don't memorize those things or injury reports for you guys, cause I don't want stuff to go out that actually I need to know. So I try to let them get as much to sleep as possible. That's why we push back our schedules and everything. Stuff that we didn't used to talk about back in the day, but they have been for about the last ten years, and it's very evident, and I know we feel it as coaches. You can see it on players, and it's home.
Speaker 4: There's just not.
Speaker 3: Enough time here. So when you cram everything in, it might make you feel good, but then the guys are dead for that game, and the best way to recover is sleep. And we're gonna do that as much as we can, all right, guys,