Speaker 1: Hey, we're about to kick off another interview brought to you by Hardan.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: If you're in Vegas, it's the number one dispensary in the country, the craziest selection of premium cannabis. And all you gotta do is shoot them a follow Hard Dean Underscore Las Vegas, Hardean Lasvegas dot com.
Speaker 3: When you're in Vegas, tell them I sent you. Let's get into the interview.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, guys? Then that's checking me out. Boutleg v podcast. So you got soon boutleg cav podcast. Special guest here.
Speaker 1: Basketball World Team, the Nazi Antetupo is in the building.
Speaker 3: NBA champion yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all I like when they say down in h.
Speaker 3: A expense of my Phoenix sons.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I feel bad. Don't feel bad, But don't feel bad. You guys deserve to win. Your brother put on a four.
Speaker 3: Game stretch that was just like what are we supposed to do? Like once he put up fifty, it's like, what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Like you know what you had COVID? Right? Yeah? No I didn't. That was a crazy part.
Speaker 3: But you were just like quarantined.
Speaker 2: You remember it? Was the time that you would go with fall false positive and they were just like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was like no matter what, even if it seemed like yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was a lot of people came up, Oh yeah, you didn't even have COVID No, because what happened was that everybody was false positive. Don't want to risk anything and uh but this was this was halfway into the finals. This happened like five and you know what this happened right because if you guys, you guess Phoenix was open, Yeah, never closed. It was closed, and nobody Phoenix was active.
Speaker 1: Scottsdale was cracking, the club was cracking, everybody was out.
Speaker 2: No, it was just just people in and out the hotel to like resorts and stuff like that. So we did have that coverage. But like if I even say anything, thank you so much for having in the Podcorse. Uh just started doing my own podcast and now just being.
Speaker 1: Here how you analysis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you know, I started doing that, so I'm you know, I'm trying to grow that as well. I love like, I love you, learning from people, learning from the culture and just being here, Like I don't want to I want to ask some stuff to it, but for sure yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 1: I've seen you know, you have some big guests on your ship too, Yes, steven a pop out.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did. I did those. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Interview, dragic shout to Tragic almost Phoenix Suns great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great player, great individual, great vet like yeah, you know, and and obviously trying to think he came to the first season that I was. I was just doing it just for the course, like how it wasn't even close to like just making the podcast. It was just like I was just having people and interviews at the time the first season. Second season, I started going bigger and bigger, but like you know, back to the to the finals and stuff like that, we didn't have no whatsoever communication with the outside world. Bro, we do. I don't know if you remember the first time we had fans when we played Game four in Miami. That's when they like fans were like, okay, we're gonna have fans.
Speaker 1: Because I remember people weren't sure, Like if I remember as a Suns fan, I think it was the first series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first Game three for.
Speaker 1: Us, Yeah, and we were like, oh, ship, we can go to the game.
Speaker 3: This is different.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy because that whole pandemic ariages is all blurred together. But that was the first, like the playoffs were the first time fans were back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it was. It was crazy for us. We kind of felt cheated as well, like it was like, dang, we play two games no fans and we go to Miami and Miami's packed. Florida was open to yeah, but look at one. But still yeah, we won. But like it was, and then we came back we saw, you know, and then we go back and if you think about it, we played game three, Game four. It was a sweet for zero sweet and then we go to New York the books playing two more games away. That was a crazy series, crazy bro crazy, I told, I told god, I'm talking to tell the stories.
Speaker 1: Is that the series where Katie's toe was on the line. Oh my god, see it all.
Speaker 2: Blurs together, Yeah, it is. And they played before that, like Brooke Loves was supposed to shoot the ball and they shoot it and they and they got the ball. But like, but people don't talk about, like it wasn't the game that Katie went crazy. Was Game five? Yes, it was Game five, because Game five we went to and we went two at home at Game five we'll go back to Brooklyn and we're out by eighteen points. So we're like, okay, such a chance. Oh my god, might gave five. We get five and away we lose the six. You know, Like that was the feeling. And then that's when Katie became like I don't even know, no, no, k He's always been giving it up, but like yes and had this like forty eight yea, like seventeen and like twelve like something, and he was you know, by himself, and it was so unfortunately We're like, oh my god, who got to win game six? Win Game six? And then all follow the marbles was they say, like game seven in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: But like that damn toe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But people so the whole throughout the whole cities that like playoff run. It was this thing with you know, Jonathan's frietos, like the count trust me.
Speaker 3: I was in the crowd counting what two.
Speaker 2: I was counting. I was counting loud, you know, and it was this thing. So I'm like, okay, it's game seven. I'm like, I've never been in a bigger game as a as an individual, as a family, like this is like we're playing against James Harden Kyti crazy and KD. Now like this is game seven. We know we didn't actually to get off at that.
Speaker 1: Game, right if you, if you really whoever would have won that series probably would have beat the Suns either way.
Speaker 2: Probably I don't know. I don't know for sure, but we could they say that. But the thing was like, I'll tell you what. The Hawks were beating us. Good to you, I thank you. They had a good like run. And we're about to go to the game and I'm like, you know what this is like two days before now, yeah, okay, we're gonna play in New York. Mind you in New York Greece. It's like I'm playing back and like we're in Greece, right, So I put this. I got this friend of mine side out to James stoodies with the with the community. So he goes like, oh, we want to come to the game, but like we can't find tickets. And I was like, okay, this is what we're gonna do. You're gonna go and shoot geek? Was he see geek? And the second half that we shoot from here, when you're in suit sweets, you're gonna buy the whole the whole like section. So I bought like one, two, three, four, five about the whole section, just me, and you're gonna give them the tickets like sixty fifty off. And then we did like a thing. I think I remember, like, uh, we did like a lot, not that we do like a memo to everybody. And then I said, the only request I have. I don't want no money, I don't want nothing, is that I want everybody to be there six thirty. The game was like eight. I want everybody six thirty. Once they opened the gate.
Speaker 1: I want everybody to Bucks fans only, no no, no Bucks fans and Greeks, Bucks fans and Greeks only. Ain't no countdown happening, not behind the basket.
Speaker 2: And I remember you can check the videos too, like I can get him out six thirty. And I remember it was James. Everybody they looked up. They were like, what's going on? And the whole security they wanted they wanted to kick him out. They were going crazy with the Greek flags and everything. And I told him, I was like, you know how then I kind of got the invoys after and I told him I was like, I don't care. I said to my financial I was like, I don't care book a receipt. He's like, okay, but what if they don't show up. I was like, it's empty. The worst case would be empty empty, nobody gonna be there. They ended up showing everybody. I ended up getting some money back as well, because I gave everybody on fifteen percent off that game seven wined. I'm winning and for the first time that Yiannis never you know, he never he never shows emotion. Like he was like, yeah, it was going to the crowd. It was like yes, And I was like, that's going to be a thirty for thirty story for sure.
Speaker 1: Wait, so so you said to yourself, Okay, I know this countdown things happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's New York.
Speaker 3: It's going to be crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: New York fans are ruckus as hell. They're they're also very very ruthless. You're like, hey, let's buy out all the seats and put our people there.
Speaker 3: And was it the second half or the first half?
Speaker 2: So it was the second half.
Speaker 1: So you were like, because because at the end of the day, what's going to matter is the second half. So when shit actually matters, he's looking at his people behind him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the thing is he didn't know, nobody knew. So everybody, yes, nobody knew to the after the game and everybody was like, man, it was he was like four thousand, it was three thousand greeks, I what was going like? And and then I told him it was like, look, this is what happened and like, but but the plot that was the intriguing is that was that the only thing I thought about was that game. I thought like, man, if we win this game, he's gonna We're going to be the commanded. He like, if we win this game, we'll go to that study like we're playing against Katie.
Speaker 3: Kydi super team of all super teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, however you want to say, yeah, however you want to call it a great, great, great team that I don't know if you're ever going to say a team like that, right. So in my head, I'm like, dang, we win this game, win this game, and we won, and then everything else became day by day, I swear to God, everything else like when we want it was like, oh, ship, we just won, and now we're waitning for Philly, right mind you? And then Atlanta wins Andanta wins, We're like, oh, okay, okay, guess what happened Game one won Ito Atlanta. They throwing the ball off there and then Janni's got hurt, right and it gets hurt and we're like ah. But then, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Remember thinking when he got hurt, I was like, well, shit, we're winning a chip.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: And then he came back like came like the Undertaker and wrestling.
Speaker 1: He was just like.
Speaker 2: I own your soul. DeAndre Ayden, Oh my god, and mind you like he he's you know, like like obviously I'm my brother and stuff like that. But take away like him being my teammate or brother. Yeah, like the war gifting and what he did those those like week two weeks.
Speaker 3: And there was the game where he made all the free throws he had over fifty.
Speaker 2: What was that? Which game was that?
Speaker 3: Was that Game five or six?
Speaker 2: That was Game six in Milwaukee. Yeah, they made it me free throw. So when I was game planning, you know that right, that was you guys. Game plan just found him and send him to the list and he makes them all. Yes, shots of Monty Man, great, great coach.
Speaker 3: He's killing it in.
Speaker 2: Detroit as a as an NBA community, I gotta come in defend. No.
Speaker 1: I love Monty Monty is a great guy and like, honestly, he changed the culture of our team forever.
Speaker 3: He took us to the finals. I'm forever grateful for the Monty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, what was your brother's reaction when he found out that you bought out those tickets?
Speaker 2: His reaction was crazy. He was like, what because you know we got like you know, we got this investment group group so everything, you know, some of the stuff, like we always messed together, blah blah blah. And he says there it was like, what is this for? I said, you know, about the season. It's like, but you're crazy. What are you doing. I'm like, I don't care. It's not about the money. It's about like, it's different. This is different, bro, Like, it's not about if I told guys like hey, for you to feel to win it, to go through it, run this legitated on and win a championship, and you had like you would you know, you had money, you'd be like, no, I don't care about the money. I'll give you whatever you want.
Speaker 1: How much did you spend if you don't mind sharing, obviously over six figures book the whole section you got so maybe like a coast to a million. No, it wasn't cost a million, but one hundred thousand it was. Yeah, it was all a little bit less, but it was closed there.
Speaker 2: But I got half almost you got almost half back, which is fine, which is worth because the the feeling for me even if I didn't, if I didn't, the fact that we won and you ended up getting the ring. Yeah, and my bones might you might not. You know, the bonus for the for the ring now is it's nice. It's nice, so covered it covered it was. It was basically giving a little bit of my bonus back.
Speaker 1: So you uh, what happens when the higher ups for the bucks find out because I don't think a player's.
Speaker 2: Ever done that.
Speaker 1: Yes, because there's some players worth substantial amount of money that in theory could just buy out sections of arenas during high stakes games.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, yeah, I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what happened. First of all, you know, shout out to fifty cents like like he he said he did that in one time when something like that, like you could do it if you want, but they're not going to do it because people don't care about it. I love this, I care about it. Like we come from a family of champions. Bro. People can say whatever they want to say, but like it's not by luck that all of us have a championship and be a champion. It's not by luck that my brother brother he just won euro League champions He's won in every level then.
Speaker 3: Just he hasn't because he got he was the first one to get a ring.
Speaker 2: Right, first one to get it. In the Lakers, they went overseas to France, one of one of the championship with them, came back again, went to euro League one another year league title and now they they was just down to now I heard the EuroLeague.
Speaker 1: Just the environment is crazy, crazy because you know those are soccer fans, and those soccer fans are psychos, so it's like they just become basketball fans too, and then like you know, you see some of those soccer games and you're like I don't even want to go.
Speaker 3: You know that it looks dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how they become like this so like dedicated to the team, Like they go to the games at our early age and the kids like getting gat into this like atmosphere, atmosphere. But you know, so funny though, I think Lucas said one of the games. She said, like, oh my god, the like about Rod gaining rowdy against the Celtics, and he said, I played one game against the A team in euro League against mant Nikos Guesse who we played against you. He wants to take how it was he was. He was the turn, he was eighteen and a half. I think it was a time was coming to the NBA and that's the one we lost quarter finals that we lost to them and they went to the finals. Damn.
Speaker 1: But but did you did you have like an idea because everybody would always talk about it. And I remember we had his coach as the son's coach the year that he came out. We had coach igoor right, So I for sure thought we were drafting Luca. I mean, any smart owner would have did that. And then night before that, listen, I swear to got my best friend can attest to this. The night before the draft, I call him up and I said, last night I had a nightmare. He's like, what was your nightmare? I was like, dude, I fucking I think we're gonna take eight and Doug and he was like, nah, bro, He's like no, because you gotta understand. I was all in on Luca.
Speaker 2: I was watching I was watching all.
Speaker 3: His fucking YouTube highlights.
Speaker 1: We have his coach, we have his coach. So I'm like, oh yeah, we're getting Luca. Like I'm watching all his highlights, his interviews and ship. I'm like, hell, yes, you're o gay.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But did you like playing against him? Like, because you know it doesn't always translate, right, the euro style. I mean it's translating a lot. Actually now it's kind of you guys are running it right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we think about it.
Speaker 1: Your brother, yok I mean just talking about non Americans right, Uh, non American players are running the league.
Speaker 3: It's just it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I think the closest I mean, you know, obviously there's Book, there's Aunt, there's guys.
Speaker 2: Like that, but it's really it's embiid, it's your brother, it's I know. But you still have the you know, the Lebron's and the Steph Caties and the no no for sure, these guys about the new Oh okay, I'm talking about like you know, the guys are gonna be around for another ten years. Yeah, but knocking wood for everybody, all these guys. Uh, the thing is about your opinion basketball about Luca you asked me before. The thing with Luca is that you can understand from a young age that he was fearless. Like the way he played basketball. He wasn't a fan of nobody, right. Uh, that's one second. So talented from anywhere, just like just make reads and the recording. He's just strong.
Speaker 4: He became strong now because he just looks like a like a dad want somebody down. But I'm saying he looks he got like a dad, bob, but he'd just be walking motherfuckers down.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like he loves that mid day post. And you know who obviously you know the closest thing to him, and this is the the due compares to everybody gives it to James Harden because like, obviously he doesn't. I don't think he shoots in the same clip Jim's Harden used to shoot when he was with Houston or the teams. But like that was the closest because.
Speaker 1: Very similar, very similar games, very similar games, and like great distributors are great passes, great vision.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I want to get back to this.
Speaker 1: So obviously you guys go on and play the Hawks, you win despite your brother getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, out the Bobby Porters and brook lope Is going off and and Chris Millerton going I.
Speaker 1: Think it was game like no, I remember that game, No, you're honest, and they went in and yo, Bobby Portis with those crazy Bobby Portters eyes was going, Bro.
Speaker 2: Why do people keep talking about his eyes? Got crazy eyes?
Speaker 1: You know, Bobby Portters is the kind of guy that if we got into a fight and you saw he was on the other side and the other crew, you'd be like, nah, man, we got a chill.
Speaker 2: Like look at that dude's eyes. He's crazy. But you're definitely gonna say that. But I don't think it's because of ours. He's just he just he killed. I mean, he was a beast when he was at the Bulls. Bobby port has been a dog. But he's a dog though. He's a great guy, great guy dog. I've never seen somebody like walk so much and like like out uh out play what they talk about you Like, people used to, you know, people counting him out like he went sure your people. People used to say, like he's a back kid. This that like this guy is a great guy. At the great professional came back. He's being a pillar for Milwaukee. He's a pillar for sure for Milwaukee and all these things. But now you see like what the natative is that is before, not now, but like it used to be. Okay, he got in a fight, and even that fight, I don't want to talk and I'm not here to talk about somebody else fight. He wasn't his fault, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so you guys end up playing the Suns. First of all, when you saw you were going against the Suns, was what were what were your guys' thoughts about just the matchup in general? Did you like it or were you like this is going to be because you know, I feel like it was. It was one series where you were like, okay, well you could have made the argument that either team matchup well against ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't think we liked it. I mean, I'm not saying like we went in and it was like, oh, we liked it, but it wasn't bothered either way. Like we went down to oh and was I remember, I was exciting, So yeah, we went down to oh and I don't remember this. I don't know if you remember this interview, Like Chris and drew like being nonchalant on the podium, like saying, oh okay, and people screensh out that that was like, oh, the bucks are done and they're cooked, and like, guys, it doesn't work that way, Like it's basketball. I got to do my job and everything has to click. It doesn't if if it just if it was just one guy, we'd be like running school like a sprinting, like sprinting.
Speaker 1: And they say a series doesn't start until the home team loses a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And you know the reason I say that is because then it becomes more pressure and more like and then the boy he was supposed to win at home, he was supposed to you know, they did their job. We got to do our job come back. But the reason for that though, it wasn't because of the Phoenix Suns. It wasn't because we think it was there great game. It was the best team we played over all, but like team right, not the I'm not talking about individuals because.
Speaker 1: Ask Brooklyn was like, uh, but it was the journey bro we went to We played the Heat first, and the Heat was.
Speaker 2: Our nightmare nightmare at the time because we lost the year before them in the bull Remember the year we will post. That was the year were post. We were supposed to win for sure, and we lost to them, and it was just gut feeling, like like we got to play in the game in the first round and we got to fight our demons, and and two three games before the end of the season we actually picked. We could have we could have lost. We could have lost and went and played somebody else. I was like, no, we want to play Miami. When we had the rounder the smoke, Yeah, we're gonna do it. Let's do it first, Let's go through the gauntlet. It's gauntlet, as what you say. And then we play them. And then we played Brooklyn, and Brooklyn like beat us to the ground like we played Brooklyn the first game they wonted and we kind of decided to no play everybody. And in the first game we kind of had a scheme of Okay, don't let Katie and don't let James and kydie play right right. So they ended up winning by twelve fifteen. At the second game, we're like, no, just playing straight right man? Oh man? We lost by fifty. So we went throughout diversity, which I think you guys didn't because you guys kept winning every Cities by four to one Photosito, Like, you guys went through cakewalk.
Speaker 1: So I think the adversity you guys, I mean yeah, yeah, I mean you guys being up, being down two oh, was nothing compared to what you guys just been there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and when and think about this about our leader too, and leaders in the team like this been here in a minute, like we know. That's how you see. It's some teams that go to they go to the final and you notice about sports, right, and they go to the fal multiple time and they lose and you go like, ah, man, it was it just was it that year? Okay, sometimes it's not that year, but sometimes it's just like this psychological fact, right, And then you go other guys like Dick goes to the Fund, who wins? You know, we went to the Fund, we win, Like once you get there, they ain't no losing. Now you figure that away. So that's how you see the The game six game from Yan is like and not you know, people say like, oh, that's one of the most legitary performances in the in the finals. It is. But I say this not because of the game, but how the game was flowing, like everybody was breaking, everybody was playing bad, every everybody was so tense. But you you could tell him the beginning of the game. He comes in first play the game. He runs up in there and Chase McCall bridges and boom blocks him. Second second player, like he he was there, we're not going back to Phoenix. We're not going back to Phoenix. And it wasn't just that, Like I remember, I'd call them because you know all at the time. So I'm in the hotel and I called the security guy. I'm security in the team, and I go, hey, you go to the locker room, can get your phone to the locker room. Goes to the locker room, textims like, hey, listener because because you know a lot of like Yiannis is locked so you're texting during the game. Don't have the security to the security and Yannis goes to the half times half time.
Speaker 3: See so you're a message a half time Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: His second quarters. I got a texting before it comes out, so get some message. And I go, like, I know you're locked in. Don't want to bother you, bro, but like I want you to think about one thing. The trophy is in the building. Do not let this trophy leave the building. Don't let this trophy leave the building. It's there. We've been well, we used to sell stuff in the streets. Man, We've been through like all kind of like our life like this, and we know what it is like this. We don't get opportunities like you never know if you can, you never know. That's why you see us so so amped up when we play. That's so you see us emped up where we played games because we know what it means. It's just we're blessed to have this opportunity. So going back to the and he just went, it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, yeah, man uh and then shout out to Drew Holliday. Just that steal to the to the alley loop just ripped my heart out of my chest.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But I'm just glad we lost to y'all, not like you know, the Celtics or somebody who the Celtics. I don't like the Celtics in my life. The Celtics and the Spurs. I'm not a Spurs, you know what.
Speaker 3: I like the Spurs now because I like Wenby, But you know, when I grew up, like Tim Duncan and Manu and Tony Parker used to just just they had our number in the in the playoffs every year, you know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Five rings, yeah, five rings to tell you it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So I watched a couple of months ago, I got to watch the documentary about your family on Disney, and.
Speaker 3: So you want you watch the movie it was about It was about you guys as whole ship.
Speaker 2: No it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Maybe it wasn't a movie, it was a documentary. Whatever the documentary is. I watched, so maybe it wasn't on Disney. It was HBO, Amazon, Amazon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's not the prime of the movie, is you know.
Speaker 1: I watched the documentary and you know, dude, I got super emotional, like just seeing how Jannis came up and how he brought your dad over and your mom over, and and how he kind of just put y'all on his back and like, you know, kind of obviously you're losing your father. I mean, I saw how big of a deal that was for you guys, because he was the anchor of the family. Is there, you know for people who don't know obviously Father's Day's coming up, but like for people who haven't seen that, like you know, when you said you guys grew up selling stuff in the streets like you guys, Like literally, the story is so crazy. I suggest everyone go and watch it, but give me like as quick of a synopsis as possible of just like what it was like growing up for you guys, and you know what it meant for you guys to make it to where.
Speaker 2: You are now. You know, I so born and raised in Greece, right, and and you know we started playing basketball, like I said I played was when I was fifteen sixteen, right, like for like that's a late for basketball player. Uh. And then uh shoot, you know we used to help my mom and that so think about this is like at the time my mom and dad came from Africa, from Nigeria, Nigeria. Yeah, from Africa to degrees. And they were like okay, you know they came degrees because of the education. Right. The educational system in Greece is like stellar, and it's free. It's free, you know. So health care is free, yeah, most of it. I mean it's not like here here, here's the worst. Yeah, it's the worst. Not the worst, but no, it's the worst. It's the worst.
Speaker 3: No, we got great doctors, but the actual like buocracy is terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, you know, they try, they did their best. They gave everything they had. I'm not like you know, And we used to like stell sunglasses and streets records like mixed like CDs and you guys.
Speaker 1: Sell boot leg shit in the streets like you guys ever get the DVDs where the people who walk past the screen, you know those those ones the cameras, because that's that's how I got my name. Yeah, I used to sell those movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But so because I'll tell you how we worked at the time. So at the time, it would be a blank CD like that behind you, right, and you had the stickers move. You had to stick the stickers on top of it. So I remember, we do this for countless hours, like like the Matrix three. Yeah, it would be you know, and you had like I had that.
Speaker 3: I had that CD burner in my in my house.
Speaker 2: You had was sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 3: No, I had a three one and they couldn't afford the big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we had like one with like seven oh, so you guys were like fucking getting it in Yeah, because DVD or CDs both both.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's how I got my name.
Speaker 1: I'll have to swap meets selling fake CDs and bootleg mixtape CDs.
Speaker 3: But I mean obviously pirated.
Speaker 2: But how if you want to give us back?
Speaker 3: Then it was a part of it.
Speaker 2: You had to you had to get. You had to get go see the DVD man and and even that, like it's venice. Now you can't do it no more. Like now it's like streaming, streaming, Now where would I put a disc? Do you have a LimeWire? Of course war used to do.
Speaker 3: We used to know you used to like how many viruses did you get on your parents computer?
Speaker 2: I used to So we used to pay to go to this internet cafe and just a bunch of I used to go there and like us b little usbing loaded up with some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, music, do you remember what your best sellers were in the streets of Greece, Like give me a music or a movie or a movie?
Speaker 2: A lot of people love to watch like the comedies like Eddie Murphy and Uh. And they loved comedies. They loved uh, like Troy what's the thing? Like Troy was popping with everybody wanted to what about?
Speaker 3: Like who which rapper was hot?
Speaker 2: In the streets where you guys are like yo, somebody be like, yo, I want to mixtape with this this guy fifty fifty for sure, but you can't understand like every other rapper or artist I'm not known, but its like fifty.
Speaker 3: No, fifties huge everywhere they like go go when.
Speaker 2: That came out, they like they played today you put the mind of his neighbors, go go, go go show like it's the thing that's crazy. So you guys are kind of making ends meet, hustling in the streets. You like, you get to sell like thirty or forty dollars a day, it's a good day.
Speaker 1: What point in time did you cause your NBA dream became real before before everybody's right, So like no, like in terms of like because you're you're older, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: So look, this is this is why. This is why, Like you know, you see people like or they say something stuff online. I'm like, if you literally knew, you would be like what. So Johannis gets drafted and in the same draft that Yans gets drafted, I had an agent of the time. I still it's still my best man. I was the best man at his wedding. They call him to go like, hey, snass the draft. This is like two days before and they go. He goes like, no, he's not in the draft. It's like, damn, we would have picked him at number fifty two with Brooklyn and I go like, what they would have picked me? Mind you to have no paper world nothing. I didn't do it. Submit for the draft, right, you got to submit everything, Like damn. Joannice gets drafted first round that year. Same year he asked me, He's like, hey, what are you doing. I'm like, how might just go back home? Yeah, so he's doing this thing. I was like, I'm going to go back home, try to, you know, figure out way to gave mom and dad and the family there. I'm just I'm gonna get my career right. This September comes in, my agent calls me. He's like, you know what I want to put your I want to put your name in the G League. I know, in the D League. At the time, I was like, what do you They have a draft. He's like, yeah, I'll call you if they if they pick you, I'll call you whatever. I'm sleep. They called me at one o'clock in the morning. I was like, what happened. He's like, yeah, you got picked by the seventy six ers. For the affiliated team.
Speaker 1: Which is like another type of six after yeah eighty seven or eighty seven ER's.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And I was like what He's like yeah. I was like, okay, so what does that mean? I know it's not the NBA. What does that mean? Do like, okay, you cut right away? Do I go there? Or like He's like, okay, you go there for four days and if they like you, they keep you. You know, you go back to Grease. We like, okay, So I go there. I do the camp. They look they I'm a nice kid too, like they love me, like it was great people there and I and I like played my ass off, like I really played my ass off, and then I curse you. Yeah okay. So I go there and I'm the same team. It's me I kill car if you know, I kill Carr from Baltimore. And I was like, uh and great players. So we go there. I finished the season and I become the we become like me and another guy, PJ. Hurston from Charlotte become two the first two they ever get draft from the G League to the NBA. Wow. And at the night of the draft, I'm like, ooh, I know I'm going to Philly because they told me. It was like, I know I'm going to Philly fifty six. I know I'm going to Phield. I'm happy. I'm like, I know, go to Philly. Fifty one comes in New York, Knicks go like, Hey, come to New York, Come New York. Stay where you at. I was New York at the time. Stay where you at? What year was this twenty fourteen? So is that the tail end of the low era? Yeah, I'm there with shump shump, you know, because you had like yeah, yeah, so mellow was that was j R? J R. Smith. That was the Knicks tape, That was the NIXT tape.
Speaker 3: Was Jeremy Was that Lynn sanity era?
Speaker 2: No, he's gone. It was going before.
Speaker 1: It was before Sunday was Sunday was before? Oh yeah yeah, so Jeremy Lynn was already gone in twenty fourteen?
Speaker 2: Was it? I think I'm damn I thinks I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because it is interesting because it's like, you know, I think that like there's no like everyone's journey to the league is different. You mentioned like people who say stuff online do you pay attention? Were like, because like you've heard Charles Barkley say yo that he's always gonna have a job because his brother.
Speaker 2: Oh do you care? That's a compliment because that means I'm a good person and I do. Nobody gives you nothing. They don't like you first of all. That's why. And you have to bring something to the something to tell. But I actually like Charles Buckley and I actually like Shack and yeah, guys what I mean? And like theys this is like finding joke. But like the thing is like what happens is some kids believe that right Like I was in a camp and was working on this was increased. It was like this is pre COVID, pre COVID, and I'm playing with this kid and we're playing like two and two or three and three, and uh, you know what I'm supposed to show the kid like you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Like eight, Yeah, but you're not gonna like, you're not gonna like go all in and he probably starts, yeah.
Speaker 2: Why would I do that. Then I'm like showing that they're playing, and then we'll finished the practice. Everybody's happy, and then we go like he goes like I want to play. I want to play on playing, so okay, then we're playing two and two. I'm saying my other brother, and I can hear it, like there's kids in the background like, oh yeah, yeah, he's not old that you got him this that blah blah. So lady, he scores once, okay, scores TWI cool. I don't. I literally, I'm not doing anything. And then I think you want to be like the fourth point, they were out by like a two. We're playing two and two, and I so the enough time he did something, he grabbed me something, and I saw that he believed it in his eyes, He's like he's just there. I saw that they believed it. I was like, oh, okay, so now now I'm being serious. Now we're going back and forth now. And then I scored, scored, scored, scores, called back him down, dunk him, buck him down, duct him again. You see what I like, I'm not going to go into the movies. But like the lesson was then he sat down. He wasn't talking, and I didn't say nothing. I didn't talk trash, say nothing. I said, you want to come to the NBA. And I'm not even the best brother. You ain't going through me. You were going through him and going through him. I saw I was looking my bus because off the town coast. He is with the Lakers. At the time. I was younger brother was seventeen eighteen. I said, you can't play against him, good luck, you can't. What are you talking about? You can't play against him? And he said he looked at me. He was like and I felt and I saw that he was her him card and I was like, hey, come here from me. We walked off and I said, listen, you have great talent, you get potential. Don't never nobody that you think this is easy. It's not right. I don't care what you well. Nobody says, yeah, not let it be a lesson learned. No, but but it wasn't the lesson learned to this kid. It was it was for It was for him. It was for the kid to understand, like, I got to put some work into this, right, They say nobody because if it was not his one, don't do other people have brothers other people for sure? So what so what so I'll give an example. If it's not easy, you'd be like, you know what, I want my brother to have a podcast, I want my mom to do this, I want my sister do you can do whatever you do for sure, but you gotta yeah, no, no, you're right for surely. So that's a that's a nice I.
Speaker 1: Just found out what's his name, McDaniels from The Raptors is Jade McDaniel's brother.
Speaker 3: I was like, because the son, you know, the sons.
Speaker 1: They always talk about players we might try to get with our shitty contract situations that we have.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, he's a damn we.
Speaker 3: Get his brother gotta be tired because he's good.
Speaker 1: Do you guys, because obviously you got you know you you and your brother got the chop it up with steven A. But I always wonder, like, you know, there's there's got to be a thin line between paying attention to what the talking heads say on TV okay, because like people can say some crazy shit about ship your brother at times, about about all players, right, Shack has said things throughout the years prior to the championship happening. Do you guys pay how much attention do you pay that like? Or do you drown it out while the season's going on?
Speaker 2: So it only depends, I'll tell you why. It depends what you don't want, don' juice pool who are negative? So if it's a if it's somebody who you got to see every day and they're negative, you don't think you don't want to be around them, of course not. But if it's somebody because think, okay, let's go to Shad. You said you said his name right right. Shaq does not talk shit because he wants to be an asshole.
Speaker 3: He's actually trying to be like.
Speaker 2: Give it to me. Give you a prime example. There was an example when it was for a year and a half that everybody was talking about the ad. Yeah, and they kept telling a D two things like you got to be like this, you gotta do this, you gotta do this. Why do you think they're saying it. It's because they're seeing what's happening that Joannie is coming, Joel is coming, your kids is coming. They're telling you, like, bro, you're the one of us. You got to you have to. So that's one example. Another example when check was telling embiid something. Remember when MBI came to the league and this three and you can go back and look at it. He used to tweet all the time. He used to have the cheeseburgers and before the game, remember all this all this other stuff, right, and then all of a sudden when people start saying like, hey, you got to do this, and the last two years the switch that got flipped and if and it flipped and he became this Joel and bad. We see now very strictly she is a nice, getting great guy, like very into it because she wanted to be. If you think about it, he wanted to be the goofy kind of when he came.
Speaker 1: He wanted to probably would have probably would have won another MVP if he would have got hurt this year.
Speaker 2: The way he was playing.
Speaker 3: But the way he was playing was crazy, but I had him on my fanis to me.
Speaker 2: Still crazy that Luke and you understood and now that's another that's another.
Speaker 1: It is what it is, what it is that I'm now My question to you is when you see Yokic winner, you like, you know what hey like? Do you guys root for the Europeans?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Lucas your guy you played against?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is like Lucas your guy? Yeah, he comes like this. Most of the guys you you know, we talked about like did check in and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought for sure like Luca based on if you just look at like that roster, the way the season started. Obviously they made the trades they got they got gaffered, uh and they got PJ. Washington, which are super underrated moves. But yeah, I'm like, bro, like this dude made Nobody thought him and Kyrie would work, and somehow he made it work. And now they're in the final, Like, and you can't vote for people based on what they did in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Luca, Luca, look mo thing there. The argument I always make is this, right, like, there is only two guys in this category that had better numbers than the time they won. Joe and third was gonna be third, Joel was going to have better numbers than the year. It's you honest, right, and it's look better the numbers now Nicola. Nicola won and I'm happy for it because that's what is amazing. Yeah, he's all get me wrong, but like all these guys had better numbers of the year than one. Now, if it's numbers predicated, if it's numbers, if if it's numbers predicated, okay, maybe Joel would should have won last year and somebody else, I mean the year before, the year before, that year before. But if he's predicated on winning, you before this year and half with coach Bud, we had to we used to win sixteen games like this regular season. You guys, you guys were the regular season. Gods, god, we should we should have we should have should have won like five in a row.
Speaker 1: That's why I when like Booker only came in fourth the year we I forget how many wins we have like fourth.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they keep the keeps changing. So that's that's my problem, right because should have been higher. Exactly they had the best. They had the best, thank you. So it just keeps changing. And guys, you know some guys care about that.
Speaker 1: But you got to kind of like reward being the one seed. If you're the I mean, think about the under think about the thunder. The thunder, Like the improvement that they had this year was insane.
Speaker 2: You you have to uh reward that as well. You get you know, you get the water that we So the playoffs shirts are more than the normal playoff shairs. So the sitting matters if you if you finish first when you get to the playoffs compared to another team, might you guys might do the same thing, go lostly losing the second round, or go to all the way to the finals, you guys shares more than them because you might make more money. Yeah, oh wow. Yeah, so if you're one seed, you get more money. Yeah, I did not know. I'm a businessman, you are. Yeah, But when it comes to so.
Speaker 1: When you're going to when you got the ring, you were waiting for that bonus, You're like, oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna lie to you. For the past six years, I mean, we've been a great team. And of course then everything I I'm being investors stuff like that. So I I've voltadedly allocated already. I'm like, okay, we're gonna get this, this this, so you already know where it's going.
Speaker 1: What do you invest? Like, what are some of your investments you make? Because I've heard, I've heard you're the brain behind the family in terms of I don't say that, don't.
Speaker 2: Put me, don't do no no. But I work hard. I'm on and off the court, and you're not. Are you like into crypto some parts of it? Like yeah, a little bit, I can. I can tell you too, Like, okay, I'll tell you. I won't tell you on stocks, real estate. Oh yeah, that's the that's the normal stuff. I mean, that's the that's the normal. The stocks real estate, and then he becomes and then obviously pab your equity and.
Speaker 1: To that, you like invest in certain companies because you know, we've seen tons of players like get involved with like different drinks.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so underwear companies definitely. I mean we had a Kadie funhouse. Yeah, we both we we like for the kids for like in general candy and we got flex power, uh that we had. Then most of it's overseas and.
Speaker 1: You guys own have you invested a lot of real estate back home in Greece?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Like sorry, you know, I'm not being very open, but like as an investor, you're not supposed to be because you makes sense. But it's okay. But when we finished the part, I'll tell you what can lay it down. Anything you want to do, got it?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: That's great, dude, talk to me. Uh, you got to give me some insight.
Speaker 1: This season was an interesting one, right because you guys had Adrian Griff who obviously when you got let Go, I think you guys were.
Speaker 3: The two seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very just strange season. Yeah, you know, Doc River was killing it doing his TNT thing. And doing his podcasting and and then he gets thrown into the mix, and you know, Doc's a great guy. I love hearing him talk about basketball. It definitely didn't you know, things things hit obviously it ended with with your brother being injured. You can disappointing season, a weird season.
Speaker 3: What was this season like for you? As just like, like, tell me what happened?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: So, like, why did Griff get fired?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: A lot of people say, well, I'm saying a lot of people say it was like he wasn't clicking with.
Speaker 2: The players, Like so, okay, it's because because you don't ever see that happen where someone gets fired right away. Okay, let me say. Let me just say this first of all, it's not fair to me speak for somebody else. It's unfair for sure about what I what what I think, and what what I believe. It was just unfortunate because he came into a situation that like first year as a coach, and then all of a sudden, you know, okay, I got I got Yon honest. You know, I got I got honest replacing former coach of the year. Yeah, and I got the book like I got like Brook Lopez and Chris Millerson and the Milwaukee Bucks the fit of deer, like you know, I got this team and I gotta do this, and then you end up you end up making a huge adjustment because it was in the trade of all trades happens and Dame comes to Milwaukee and it's not easy.
Speaker 1: Why did you How many people people don't remember that didn't trade? That trade didn't happen like that happened like at the end of the off season. It was deep in the off season.
Speaker 2: It wasn't right away. See two days before camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was super right there at the.
Speaker 2: Two days before camp, and uh, it was just it was just unfortunate because he became he came into the situation that now you gotta win because people keep saying like, oh, now the NBA is becoming but he was winning. No, but this is this is what I'm trying to This is what throws your throws you off because it's not winning. It's the philosophy. Maybe it was not because we're winning games. Other teams are winning games. Is how we're winning.
Speaker 1: No, you guys are winning because you guys were just size, defense, physical. It was the defensive identity of the Bucks was just like, you know, if you're gonna play the Bucks, you gotta deal with brook Low. Pez you gotta do at the time, Drew Holliday, you gotta deal with the best defender of the modern history.
Speaker 2: Giannis like, yeah, so it's not the winning, it's how you're winning and how you're winning by like we went to Detroit. We make certain teams and we barely wont It's not the you know, I'm not here too. People respect me for sure, and people love me, and you know, you hear them and Pad and everybody come out like, man, they don't do that because they like me, because they respect me and what I say as a person, I never lie and I never should super coat anything. That's why because if I like you, it's almost like, you know what, like if we're gonna do this, we gotta let's make a change now since then or later. But it wasn't to make it. It was just unfortunately because he's a great guy or person, but he comes to a team and he is trying. He tried to kind of switch everything right, but the thing was not you don't when you come in and you come to a restaurant, you don't go and you throw the plate. You just a little bit, a little bit of slavery displace.
Speaker 1: We're two years removed from a title like they're not. They're't really much broken here. We time to contends every every year we have it. This is you can this year to this year to your.
Speaker 2: Brother hundred percent, one hundred percent. But like we are ZiT. And I'm not saying this where the title content never something contend that to say, oh, we need to to know we have opportunity every year to be one of the last things standing. Every single might not be no, but you have that. We aspired Milwaukee. You know this is not the We're not the Celtics or the Lakers. This we're small Milwaukee, which people say small. I say we're big Milwaukee for sure. And we have this aspidation every year. Now you cannot come in and think not I'm not talking about griff or or anything, but I'm saying like as a team and say, okay, we're gonna throw everything out and now we're gonna play like, uh, we'll.
Speaker 3: Go different style.
Speaker 2: Yeah different.
Speaker 1: What It's interesting to you because if you think about coach Bud and his philosophy, he's always looked at as an offensive guy. But the Bucks were such a stellar defensive team anchored by your brother, and it's like it was like the best of both worlds. Help me understand what we're signing up with. My son's hired your guy coach, coach Bud, who's an Arizona native.
Speaker 2: Man, Coach Bud. With Coach Bud, I'm not gonna lie to you. You're signing up for great culture. One win another. They're gon't figure that out. Great culture, it's all about the team. Yeah, system, they say, no shoot threes. He loves threes. Right, it's not that he loves this is how are you taking them threes? How we're shooting them? Yeah? And uh, you're gonna sign for winning. He's a look at his record. Many look at.
Speaker 3: Your sixty wins.
Speaker 2: No matter who's like, I don't know her, Like if I ever was front office or if Iver. It was all like, I definitely want to work with Coach Bod and this guy's and.
Speaker 3: You guys had a great rapport obviously coach, but is somebody who you know?
Speaker 2: I ship? Was it five years? He was with the Bucks four years? All four years was just no, no, it was five It was fine. I mean five years with the Bucks, the five Yeah, you guys still have a good relationship. I'm saying this guy, listen with everybody that we won the championship with. It's something lad to Daddy and and I wish to everybody who's listening to watching they get to feel something like this in the in their line of work, whatever they do, because it's something that you but that you fight for every year, right but like for us, for specifically us as a team, not having any guarantee and just be like, you know what, we're gonna it's gonna happen, and we're gonna do this against all odds and the way we did it and it wasn't like it was I'm telling you that up and down.
Speaker 1: I went like that's what I love about what your brother said in that press conference where he's like, yo, we're in the NBA, Like you can't win it every year, Like you cannot win it every year you can like look at the landscape that the league.
Speaker 3: Has never been more talented like ever, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Like if you would have told people that the Western Conference Finals were going to be Dallas first Minnesota at the beginning of the year, people would have been like probably not, but look, but look, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Look because everybody's getting better. Everybody's getting in the lab and the and the and the young bulls and young cats that you saw like the Tatums and the cal Anthony Towns and then Anthony Edoward's now and all these guys and Jellen Browns and Tetada, they're growing up and they're understanding, like, hey, you don't get too many opportunities at this Now, what.
Speaker 1: Is it like going into a locker room and you have one of the greatest point guards of all time now and in my opinion, the only person challenging Tim Duncan for the greatest power for it of all time is your brother at this point. All due respect to car all due respect to Carmelong, but you got what's gonna end up probably being the greatest power firt of all time. And then Damian Lillard, who's just like an alien talent, like the guy is, you know, top three shooter, top five shooter ever, Like what is that like? Just because obviously you know, you guys want to ring with Drew Dame's Dame that's Dame Dollar man, Like you know what I mean? They got to be cool, like just to be like, man, we got Damian Lillard, like worst case scenario.
Speaker 3: We we got Dame too, So.
Speaker 2: There ain't the worst case scenario you get, you get.
Speaker 3: Your brother gets injured.
Speaker 2: On someone's head exactly. Uh. I was very surprised, like when when I first saw him, like the of a kid, that guy he is, like he's like so genuine and so like hotfelt and all about winning and willing to be like hey man, I'm here like like like what what do we do? Right? And I remember like everybody was like Milwaukee and he doesn't guys, Oh my god, like these guys going through the all kind of stuff stuff like this guy relax and enjoy the team and watched this year what I want and watch how them boys you know click and play and you say it.
Speaker 3: I feel like that always happens when, like you know, think about like Miami's first year, think about like the nets, like we talked about like you need some time together.
Speaker 1: And then this was a weird season for you guys, two different head coaches, Like you guys still got to kind of get used to playing for Doc, like you know, it's different, like.
Speaker 2: A hundred percent. And again The other thing is the way he uh he responded to like, hey, you need me to be aggressive, be you need me to facilitate our facility you knowed me, you need me to be dang. Yes, I need you to be dang, you know. And it's those things that you don't expect from from the start. He's caliber because we used to the visually people you know love and names and the guys in the world. It is because they are like, like you can ask any coat you want, They'll be like, yeah, I'll just do whatever I told him to do, which is rare.
Speaker 3: It like to be that guy.
Speaker 2: You see guys who are not even that bigger, they're not coachable, is what it is for sure. Sports. But like dude being culturable and he's work ethic, like you know, I work out with him. He was like, hey, you want to want to do this and and work and give me porters like hey, man, like why you why are you holding the boat like this and letting go like right like leaning for your figures. He you know, told me the technique and why stuff like that, and I was like, man, what and asked me. You know, he was one of the first. Actually, that's how time about season in my podcast. Yeah, the first with him and I said, man, you never smile, and he says the story in my pocket. He goes like, well happened in high school and like he's right, He's right, yeah, And you know there's things like this and he was always willing to be an nobody book for me and he knows me about two or three months from the beginning, Like that's the guys, this is the feeling you want to have with teammates, you know, called the camaraderie. And then you know just.
Speaker 1: Like click, that's I mean, isn't that the most important aspect active championship culture? You think winning culture is actually the cohesiveness of all the guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because because people will say winning culture is the is the winning games on. The culture is the people. That's the culture. If you you know you're becoming.
Speaker 1: Because if you think about like the main stays of your guys' roster, I've been the same dudes.
Speaker 2: It's like you look christ college team Brook, It's me and Chris is Brook Lopez, It's pot conton Bobby Portois, and it was a lady was Drew Howdy as well, and who else was Like we've been together from which went crazy. Shout out to Dodante de Vincendo went crazy with the next man found a home, had him. He's bro the way the Villanova boys have took it over the New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just hope they figure out a way to get Michael Bridges. They could just reunite the whole. I think it should Villanova championship team.
Speaker 2: But like it'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's And it's interesting because even if you see like the way the Nuggets grew together, you know, like obviously they got Gordon, you know what I mean, but they all grew together like it didn't happen just like that, Like they had to go through adversity, losing, and they never pulled the plug on Mike Malone, who's one of the best coaches period. And you know, people, I'm sure they were re pundits that wanted that to happen, you know, but it's like they stayed down and they're better for it.
Speaker 2: But I want you to understand, because you know, people the reason to get like I say again, edition people get, you know, find a different home. I don't want to stay fired. They let go. There's a strong word, but find a different home in the NBA. It's because of either timing or maybe it was. Sometimes you know, it's unfortunate. It just is the business. Why give an example, I don't know. I people remember the finals right with the Sons.
Speaker 3: Were down to it was a sweep in series, but people don't remember.
Speaker 2: We lost for straight. So we were up to OW in the Insta Coms Finals and stuck with it, stuck with coach Bud, stuck with the team, was like, we're gonna rebuild. And then the next year came in and then we were up. We had a differential of like sixteen points per game. We were beating every body to the COVID head right then we go to COVID and we lose to the second round again to the heat, and stuck with it and decided, I don't know if you remember this, decided to make a move that people said, what is going on with the Bucks. Traded our whole bench George Hill, Wesley Muffis, Eric Blackshaw, and and Dante. I almost got traded and came back again for Drew Holiday for one.
Speaker 3: Guy and we won, so he's gotta win again.
Speaker 2: Maybe hopefully I would like I'm I'm a dream for him. Er Luca, No, I'm a drewe holiday god up, yeah, I would be said. No, No, that's true.
Speaker 1: You guys stayed down. That's why, Like that's the one thing about you know what I mean? Yeah, no, for sure, that's like I kind of wish.
Speaker 2: We would, but he's a he's a copycat league though.
Speaker 3: It is for sure. I was gonna ask you. Uh, Jay comes to the team, shout to Jay Crowder, who's a dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you guys like tease him a little bit about the finals? No, no, he said, I don't want to. Ye, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Because he Jay was like one of them dudes on our team who felt like, you know, like our enforcer, like the dude out there who like would probably talk the most ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we didn't. We didn't tease him, but like he had.
Speaker 1: That shirt he remember he wore the funk Jay Crowder shirt during the finals run the retcher. Was that the finals or was that the year after? After the year after? Yeah, it was a year after.
Speaker 2: Was it again? You love we love ja Milwaukee's it was against the kid guy we love Milwaukee. No, no, no, he he actually he actually he was it mostly but he was damn man, I had the chances if we're seeing the campaign because both of them, you guys have campaign too. Yeah, so I remember seeing that.
Speaker 3: I hurt my heart.
Speaker 1: I was like, damnos a our guys, our valley guys, man love camp, camps, golf.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. This guy is so joyful, like like I'm an ERGI guy, so what is around me? Always? Like he was like man, the t a always you know, gets us read for like.
Speaker 3: The way he can penetrates, like he's so he's so slippery, but.
Speaker 2: I'm not okay, the way he gets to the paint, the way he gets to the paint, he's extreme. Campaign might be one of the most slippery dudes with the ball. I'm not from the States, but I'm not going to say even the ward like yeah, that's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He's so slippery with the ball, like you'd be like, damn, he just getting the way he goes to the basket and then he has that like like awkward.
Speaker 2: Like he's just like yeah, shouts the campaign man. Geez.
Speaker 3: Yeah that that that was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: You also you you you have label in Greece.
Speaker 2: Cut you up. You told you that, but you also said something we were walking through this, you know, But I'm sorry I forgot it because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Familiar with the Greek music scene at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's becoming it's started to become like the States, isn't. I do a lot of Afro Greeks. That's who I have. So it's like Afro beats. But so my brother is one of them. My brother does alf for beat lot and stuff like that. It's all Greek. It's in English, okay, but it's just based in Greece. That's all I have, Like I did, like uh, I had. I have a artist who was basically a keep shout out to keep plot.
Speaker 3: I've heard some crazy like drill like from other countries where it's.
Speaker 2: Like i'll play you song for sure. I got like shout out to Philly, my brother shout out to Moose, shout out to keep plot with full label. Yeah that's pretty sick. Yeah, but it's not my. It's not my. It's not that you know, I'm making millions of dollars that's my. But no, it's no. Yeah. I love music first of all. Uh And the other thing is that I can give opportunities to people like Evend even guys here like I say like, hey man, I wrap up do this. It's nothing for me to go like, okay, all right, you want to do EP with us. I don't got to go like I want to sign you. No, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's do one project, one done. See what happens.
Speaker 2: Want done to put you out there. You know how people go, They text you on Instagram and go like, hey, can you support my music? Can you play my music? I'll do it. I don't because that's how I got here. Somebody this came to Greece. But you know how why we're playing in the gym. I'm not joking. It's worse than the high school gym. If when you come, you're coming the summer, you said, that's playing, I'll drive you through. You see it. And there was that. You had guys like Donny Ainge, John Haam, the Bucks. You had all these teams come to the small gym and go like somebody said, oh let me give you this kid an opportunity. Janni's got got drafted. This is true story. You know how we have to combine. I went to the combine. I went next. I went to he didn't go to the combine, he didn't even do physicals. They just took a chance and this is this is just one another crazy story. We gots do like a little bit of Nike and Adidas, but like they went and swing with the national team with the national team, and they digitally said that because we wasn't invited to Adidas visa camp, sums all the kids go to the next generation cap and no, no, So it does nothing for me but good karma to go and say He's like, yeah, I know nobody know me. And I mean we were based in Milwaukee, based in La based somewhere in the world. I don't care if you congo anywhere in the world. And you go like, hey man, you know, I uh, I rob a little bit or I do this, and now if you're bad at it, you're just bad as nothing I can have, like even decent good. There's nothing for me to go like, who do you.
Speaker 3: Who do you listen to?
Speaker 2: Like, what are some of your favorite artists right now? That's just you know, in general, h I listened. I mean obviously Burning Boy Boy, Davy Dose, guys, we ski like this.
Speaker 1: Is I didn't know how rich Divido's dad was his dad's like a billionaire.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I interviewed him and I was like.
Speaker 2: What the how was the interview? Super cool? Super cool guy. Yeah, I mean those guys. And then here in the States, uh okay, I can see this. So when I first got here, uh, I listened only to two artists. And the two artists I listened to it was reached Homi Kawan.
Speaker 3: Shot rich homie man. That was an era, right, a young thug, the rich gang.
Speaker 2: But listen, why though I'm not from here and I don't have no ties and whatsoever. But the way is because my teammates will listened to so we're telling me k ran the streets. So it was the time that reached HOMEI Kwan was like fourteen, put young thug on and then you thug, stop your dog. And I was listening to those guys and and Drake and future. That was in my whole because of my because of basketball, like and then obviously you had the fifties and I mean yeah, and then obviously growing up a little bit more and spending more time to the US, I kind of changed a little bit, right and having uh uh from J Cole you know a little bit. Jay Z Naw, what'd you think of the Kendrick and Drake? I wanted to ask you, what do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I I knew it was going to happen. I knew what happened that Drake got absolutely just just embarrassed. It was very much, uh, your brother putting up fifty on DeAndre in game six.
Speaker 2: Every time he says that he goes back to it was very much.
Speaker 3: You know, it was just it was just bad. It was It wasn't but I knew that. I was telling everybody the whole time.
Speaker 1: I said, look, I like Drake, He's got great songs, He's an amazing artist. But Kendrick Lamar is different when it comes to the rapping ship and being calculated. And I tell everybody the whole time, I say this, if Drake replies to the like that verse, it's it was a piece of bait and he took it so and it was just you know, then it was just surgical from after that.
Speaker 2: Let me give you let me give you an outside of the US opinion. Right, everybody's happy outside the US because we're gaining music, so.
Speaker 3: Of course everybody's like Yo, new New Kendrick and Drake.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Everybody's high. You know, Drake has been this icon and you know.
Speaker 3: He's a worldly artist.
Speaker 2: He's got daffrobeat songs, pop songs, songs and you're gonna understand, like and I'm talking about that overseas, right, and KG came up when ken Jack first came out overseas, Lie was with the I got loyal inside of my DNA like he was like expanding more to twenty seventeen years now? Who wanted one? I'm not the ne expect when we talk about basketball. I can tell you about the basket.
Speaker 1: But who do you think one who likes? As you said, from your opinion, Like you've listened to the songs?
Speaker 2: Ah, not gonna you got put people out there, but like no, I but I haven't listened to all of them.
Speaker 3: Listen all of them?
Speaker 2: No I only I only listen to obviously not like us. Now it's playing everywhere everywhere, listen listening like us. What's the one he says says something about euphoria. Yeah, I think I'm gonna listen to before that. What's the one that the Drake says about like push ups? Yeah, it might be shut up and make some drums. Shut your ass up and make some drums about metro booming. Yeah, that's a that's a fun butt. But why is he attacking him like this? They want to ask you.
Speaker 3: Like to me, it's like, okay, do you remember like the are you a Marvel fan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you you remember Civil War Captain America Civil War.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very much what's happening, except for it'd be like if if if iron Man was just alone and then everybody was with Ken, with with with Captain America.
Speaker 3: Everyone has pretty much left Drake's side.
Speaker 1: There's been a few guys who I'm obviously twenty one Savage is cool with both metro Boom and Drake. There's a bunch of stuff, I think with a bunch of the particular parties involved. Because now you know, the Weekend and Drake don't fuck with each other. Metro Boom and Drake.
Speaker 2: Don't fuckt Toronto.
Speaker 3: Oh you missed out.
Speaker 1: Then Drake talked about the Weekend on both songs, and then the Weekend got back at him or started.
Speaker 3: He threw the first shot on that we Still.
Speaker 1: Don't Trust You album, The metro Boom Listen and the Future and Drake aren't fucking with It's All of Drake's friends have essentially said the Future has done so much good like music with Drake, I know classics, they have classic classics.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Uh is it a it's a sad situation. Brothers kids, Like they're one of my kids. That's my third mart with Future. What I know, it's crazy. We're not gonna pick it up. You always said they can't pick aside.
Speaker 1: But like, it's over Kendrick one, So it's over. It's it's it's it's pretty ice cold for uh. Listen, I never thought i'd ever say it's ice called for Drake out here. You can't say that it's freezing right now for him. Yo, I'm curious, what have you thought about what you're gonna do because you have you said you're obviously a business minded guy. You love the sport of basketball, though, what is a post NBA career like for you? Oh, coaching, scouting jump So.
Speaker 2: By the way, I've done like like I've done this like semi ards for like front office. But but like, and the thing is, I love helping people, like that's that's one of my trades. Like I'm very dependable as a person, right, and you can depend on me and not only that, like I'm very like I'm of use for people like I I like, you know, people call me and like hey, T can you help me with this? And I pick up the phone. You know, I never have a moment that I go like, I know I'm bored or whatever, like I always try to help you because that's just how I am right now. When it comes to postgame cult it, I don't know. You never know that.
Speaker 1: Like let's say you retire coach but calls you, hey, come help me coach the Suns. I got a lead assistant role for you.
Speaker 2: Are you going?
Speaker 3: Phoenix is nice.
Speaker 2: Phoenix is nice. If you need if he needs me, I'll probably do it. I'll probably do it. If the only person who I know for a fact that they called me I got I'm going is you're doing whatever I got, Like he calls me, he goes like, hey man, how did you do this?
Speaker 1: I'm going give me a breakdown because when you got drafted, was D'Antoni the coach of the Knicks or was it Mike Brown who was the coach?
Speaker 2: No, So I got when I got when I got drafted, Uh, it was Derrick Fisher. Derek Oh my god, that was Fisher here, Derek Fisher, right? And uh was that that was before the Matt barnesing happened. Can I just stow about that? Yeah? So I was. That was the time I got my call up with the team, and I remember I went to the facility and it was a bunch of Team Z people and just not Team TMS. That was yeah, that's it. Yeah, TMZ and a bunch of people journalists and waiting out to cameras. And I was like, like, what's going on here? I'm driving I'm like, it's like we're talking about twenty fourteen, ten years ago. I'm driving him, like, what's going on? Called my vet at the time, Sasa, Yeah, Sasha, all time laker, great role player. Yeah, call him. He goes like, hey, ta, just I'm talking to nobody knows what. I was like, I barely know English, so yeah, no problem, no problem. I walk in, do my practice, and I think, you know, it was the whole thing. Coach walked in and he said like, I know, you guys heard of what happened. You know, there was an altercation and stuff like that. At the time, I didn't know what he was talking about. I thought it was just something personal. Yeah, you know, he would saying these things and you know, but everything is handled and I don't want to take anybody. He was being very professional, by the way, very professional about it at the time, and I didn't understand. I was like, wait, what happened? And then you know, you had the vets talkings, like going back and forth, like saying like, oh look, anybody called me body text. I was like, what's going on? Mind you? Later on I found out a situation. I was like, that was it? But he walked in the media he was telling I was like trying to explain himself. And then after that, I'll make mud bones and sack one was it? And I was like, you got in the fight with him. Be such a nice guy, yo, you know.
Speaker 3: I was like, you got in a fight with him, such a nice guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think, so such a nice guy, like very you know, very polite and like yo, But it happens.
Speaker 1: Listen, you've got to be coached by now, you know, two of the great coaches of the modern era.
Speaker 2: And what is it like?
Speaker 1: You know, obviously we talked a little bit like not the most perfect season with Doc. You know, he always said this, this is a situation. I wouldn'tish on anybody coming in the middle of the season to coach the team.
Speaker 3: But Doc Rivers is.
Speaker 1: You know, the reason why he's been gainfully employed for the last twenty years is because he's an amazing coach.
Speaker 2: He's one.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's obviously want to ring with the Celtics and tons of successful the Clippers and say he knows the game?
Speaker 3: What's it like? Uh being coached by Doc? How's how?
Speaker 2: How is that like?
Speaker 1: Because you know Doc is he's a lovable guy. Like when you hear him talking, like, man, fuck with Doc.
Speaker 2: I want to go here with him. I want to go get Yeah. It's the same thing as as a player too. Like first ding May walked in. You know, I'm trying to always like, you know, but I don't know him like coach like coach buthers, yeah, like I've known coach like years, you know, and Uh walked in. He was like he teah, man, I heard you. Did you take care of everybody in Greece? Man? When I'm gonna get my invite? I looked at her, you know, shocked a little. That was like coach. You don't need to. You can't. You know what I'm saying, You can't. You come through any time, you get everything like that. And uh and he's such a basketball family too. He comes like he so he understands basically.
Speaker 5: Like I kind of dynamic as well, like all, yeah, his son plays like obviously you know they have a crazy I mean from his career to his I mean in Austin's been a yeah obviously he just analysis now.
Speaker 2: But he had a very very successful NBA career. Yeah, and then I found out like he played market because you know, I didn't know he played a marquete. Yeah, yeah, I didn't know that I was. And then I found out about that. I found out about that, and I was like, oh man, okay, he's great for Milwaukee all these things, and you know he did the best. He's stray forward by the.
Speaker 1: Way, super straightforward. You appreciate that because you know, I feel like, then, yeah.
Speaker 2: I got to nowhere I stand all times. If you don't mess with me school, I'll go this way. I'd rather. I'd rather know no, no hard feelings, no nothing. But like what I don't like is that's why I don't do that That's why I don't like when people were like, oh yeah, man, and then so give an example. I come up to you, hey man, I got such and such investment blah blah blah, and you hear it from somebody, and I've always told you like, hey man, I got you anything you need if you tell me, and if you ask me, and I go like, oh, you know what, you gotta wait for the next round. I really don't mess with you like that. It makes sense. I really don't. If you tell me and go like to hey man, I'm trying to do this, I got you. That's all I gotta say. So this is the straightforward that he has. You know, he goes. I remember after the All Star Game. It was the point that we went like ballistic after the stars goes because he came and he told everybody what they were supposed to do. It's simple as that. It doesn't matter if the top dog, you're in the middle of the pack, load of pack. It's a wolf pack. We're all connected. We're all chasing somebody for miles away. We're chasing the championship. It takes, it takes. It gonna take days, weeks, months, years. We're chasing something we've all being a part of the wolf pack. If we're not all accountable saying hey, you gotta do this better, Hey, you gotta do this, you cannot function. You just can't. That's why you see teams they go and you care about teams like hey, man, uh, you see teams having a team meeting, which basically you know when they say team meeting in the beginning of the season not always a good thing.
Speaker 3: Or if they say a player's only meeting happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's not a good thing.
Speaker 1: Right, that's how I think that's always a bad thing. Hey, they had a player's only meeting after Sunday night's game, Like, that doesn't sound good, which just started this season.
Speaker 2: Of what's going on. So that's how you understand that's miscommunication and it's everybody doesn't know that, is it?
Speaker 3: Like do you guys know if something gets leaked, who it comes from, and does it piss you off?
Speaker 2: A hundred percent? So give an example, like this year it was a thing, Yeah, like there was a leak. No, No, there wasn't. It wasn't there was a leak. It was just the thing that we're the bucks. We're not the we're not the big like you guys aren't the Lakers. You guys aren't like you guys have never been seen as like a messy franchise because we're not, because you're not. Yeah, but we don't. We go home. Everybody has fun. We go home, Wait bossible and go home. Yeah, go home, bossibill. So you go home, like, don't we just don't do.
Speaker 3: Some cheese curds. Yeah, out to Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: We just don't do stuff. So now when it comes with like the game and locker room and stuff like that, that's why it's it's basically bullshit. It's bullshit. Like you asked me, like, oh, did you teach Jay? Yeah, but I'm not going to go and go into detail like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, because it's it's between brothers. It's between what happens. Says the exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, at some point, if it's an old story or something that happened and get out there public. You already knew about it's public. It's not me to say it first. But there is a code to it. There is a code. Yeah, you and and sometimes people forget about this. You don't when they forget when they retire and they and they go to TV, or they start no, it's no. People forget about this. People forget how how uh A spouse, a significant other, a sister, a mother are.
Speaker 3: Affected by what they see on TV.
Speaker 2: They know I don't want it. I know I don't want it because I play this, and I know that the next day I'm gonna go and and now I'm gonna play great. I'm gonna stay with my family. I'm gonna get them up. Yeah, there's certain guys you'll always see saying shit where you're like, and then you hear other players talk like, bro, you're an ex player, Like why would you violate like that? Like it's a it's a it's a cold that I think people forget once they stop playing, right, which they shouldn't because.
Speaker 1: Well, because they're also they also are trying. They want to get ahead and their new career, and in order to get ahead in their new career, you got to kind of unfortunately, like as we've seen over the years, like that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn'tay.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say messy because I respect Steven A and Skip Bayless. But the more you know outlandist you are on TV, you want to make headlines, it usually equals success but JJ Redi's done a good job of kind.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, he kind of holds it. Now, let me let me give you another fact about this. It's not about the what you say. You might have an opinion, you're telling about how you say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you said about Shaq, When Shaq talks shit, you know, it's because he's disappointed and he thinks you could be a great big man exactly.
Speaker 3: It's coming from a good place.
Speaker 2: Yes, he doesn't have a beag. This my opinion. Now I might be wrong. Yeah, but I'm sincere. I might be sincerely wrong. Say, but like he doesn't, I don't think he has a beef whit, I don't you know.
Speaker 1: I think he's come out and apologize for some of the things he said. Yeah, I think that was the only guy you could probably point to and say yeah, but he even said I just wanted him to be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he has a beefoo ruty either way. But but I think that that's the only guys he he calls. He no, he feels comfortable talking because he's a big man. For sure. He can't like as a big man. Let me give AIX album. I'm playing the two or three. I can't be talking about a seven footer.
Speaker 1: I would want Shack to get me, like real, Shack is the most dominant big man ever. So like, yo, I'm listening, what did Jack say about I mean, let me hear because I want to hear it. Yeah, is this a samurai tattoo on your arm?
Speaker 2: It's my dad.
Speaker 1: That's your dad as a samurai. You ever played a game on PlayStation The Ghosts of.
Speaker 2: I know what you do, shaid fire. I just started playing. It's so good. I played it. I plated, I like, but I played it in like PS like PS four. Yeah, but you know, going back to the hole and be a thing they just forget. You see it with Gil So look what happened, Like I stopped when we stopped, now I went back and I started like going on socials and see like, hey, you know the podcast because I'm trying to really go my podcast in the right way and feel like, okay, who you know people talk to and you see what gilbis. He's done. Incredible job that he came in. But sometimes, like I remember it was a situation with this kid from Houston. Bro, you said some stuff like Bro, you can't say this. You can talk about basketball and stuff. How do you think, Like this is archive, bro, people, it's there forever, He's there forever. You might go back and yeah, for sure, Like you know what I mean, this guy said this about my dad, Like no, because it.
Speaker 1: Was about Jalen Green, right, yes, I'm like, who's a literal kid?
Speaker 2: Yes, and he's a good like he looks like a great player and he plays great. Yeah. Yeah, So I'm in my head, I'm like, that's the one thing that sucks.
Speaker 1: Is when you're like, you know, obviously you know with his personal situation, everyone's going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: And then from there, like you said, he's got a kid that's.
Speaker 2: Going to be born obviously on the way, How did you Guilbert knows exactly what he's doing? He knows because I'll think why why I say he knows because he's very knowligible when it comes to basketball.
Speaker 3: He split the game and he's smart pop culturally, like he's like a sharp dude.
Speaker 2: So you can't, yeah, you can't or say stuff on now.
Speaker 3: I remember when he said that, I was like, you know what I mean, like, oh, that's not cool.
Speaker 1: That's a code that I because you know, whether people want to. You know, in the NBA, there's certain you know, you might end up with someone who might have dated somebody else in the league.
Speaker 2: That happens. So you're acting like people don't have a type of course this girl might have it. But I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying like, but at the end of the day, that's part of the code of the league. I know, I'm cooling up with enough guys and like I understand, like this is shutin shit you just don't talk about.
Speaker 2: Like it's not only though you don't talk about it's autoly mets. You don't go even go close to your get involved, Like yes, it's like yeah, but that's the only thing when it comes to that. That's what I mean. Everything else is entertainment. I can see everything else like talk.
Speaker 1: I have a great idea for an episode you and your honest Brooke and Robin.
Speaker 2: I want to I'll make that heaven. I want to make that sounds like.
Speaker 3: The two like all four of y'all, just because them dudes are hilarious.
Speaker 2: For you don't even imagine how hilarious this is. He goes on my podcast and we're talking and he goes like about the amount of like fist bumps in the NBA. What are you talking about? It's like and then I started to notice, like.
Speaker 6: We do fist bump a lot lots of fist bumps. Yeah, he goes like, you know, I'm reading my book. Somebody goes by fist bump. So it goes by like I've gotten fifty fist bumps. Yeah, you guys, but like I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's he's he's held Rob and Brookman the same. Like the way he talks to the rebuttal, Yeah, that is not the right world, rebuttal. He has to like towards the refs or somebody like it's crazy and you know Stanford athlete, you know, super super, both of them, Yeah, both of them.
Speaker 3: That'd be a good episode.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Uh. I look forward to your guys's bounce back next season because I know it's going to be glorious. First full season under Doc will be dope. If you had to put your GM hat on without before you go, because you said you do seminars about yeah stuff, fix the Phoenix suns for me. Wow, you've already hired, You've hired your coach. Okay, so you got your guy, Bud which we're very excited about.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have.
Speaker 3: We're second Apron team. It's terrible that.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel like I'm giving huel to like a great team already. I feel like I'm gonna give out a game plan second Apron team.
Speaker 3: There's not much we can do.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't have a lot of flexibility.
Speaker 1: We own the twenty two number, twenty two pick, and we own our twenty twenty eight draft pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah or is it thirty one? No, the thirty one draft pick. So you're in a tough situation. Oh, yeah, we're in a tough situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brad Brad Beil's got a no trade coss so he's he's he's not who does no trade class?
Speaker 2: Okay, good for him? Yeah, oh no, no, said I always have looking for the player.
Speaker 3: Just let you know, always forget always no drinking, all, get every red set.
Speaker 2: Everything you get like I'm yes, I'm the guy. Okay, So let's go to the team. Did a great coach that was the beginning head a snake, great coach. Now culture just.
Speaker 1: Paid your boy, Grayson Allen. Yeah, led the league in three point shooting, Yes, sir, and and the nightflul So you paid him, deserves it under honestly got to steal in my opinion, based on his productions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, issu did uh? You Sean Grayson by the.
Speaker 3: Way, shout out to him road Dick kicks this season.
Speaker 2: No, No, he does it.
Speaker 3: When we got Grayson Allen, I was like, God, he does it.
Speaker 2: He just plays hard and he's like he goes to the ball and he extends. But he right. But zero for the Sons, which I appreciate. Yeah, but okay, okay, So as a team, you go and you get a point guard.
Speaker 3: We don't have a Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh. The way you get a point guard is that you can't Actually he goes. I'll tell you why you can't because of the you have a selite guy. We don't about three players that make week. We have to sign someone on a veteran minimum. That's what do you sign? Maybe campaign, Yes, you signed him on a hot to beat. I signed kind of pay campaign.
Speaker 1: Maybe we draft Brownie Junior and then try to convince Lebron James to join the Suns.
Speaker 2: You can't do that as well, you can't. But but the thing is, we have the twenty second pick. We can draft him.
Speaker 1: You can't draft him at twenty two? Now is he probably a second rounder or an undrafted guy?
Speaker 3: You think it's a first round.
Speaker 2: You know what division? I say, he's a fence out there, trust me from the how many okay, well, how many friends round to played last year for us in the NBA? Oh, give me, give me my number. Fifteen? Maybe less, they're like played real minutes. Yeah, probably fifteen, maybe less? Yeah, maybe's maybe less exactly less. Point So if you if you go with that, and you go with the overseas guys coming in the tower, the entire of the world coming in you really it's okay if you already have KD. Badley Beal and Devin Booker, Like, it's not like you're looking for the next victim when you already have like the space, Like, I don't know how you want to call them, Okay, you know, okay, you don't call them. You can't call them the you can't call them a super thiing, I don't want to call them super.
Speaker 1: Simpers over there, but definitely as inaccurate, inaccurate. I don't want to go we got swept in the first round.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no, that's team wise, we're talking about the individuals.
Speaker 3: Like we got Katie, we got Katie and Book.
Speaker 2: No, you got Katie Book and Brandley Bill. Now what do you call them? Even nice I used to Okay, you don't call them sing, but you call them the guardians of the galaxy. You definitely call them.
Speaker 1: We're not the Avengers with the garden, but we might be the guardians of the galaxy. Yeah, sure, star Lord is Book. I think Drax is Katie and then no, no, I think kt KT. Yeah you're right, Katie's Bradley Bilis and Drags and Bradley Bill's Rock and Raccoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the other. But example like, they ain't bad. They get the job done, they get the drop done. Not only bad, they are stars in what they do. So now coming back to how to fix the team, it's just you in tough pick You guys have to say tough pickle, predicament pickle. We're in a pickle. Yes, that's the We have limited more and more yes, yeah, limited options. So now you gotta swoop, sit back and decide what's gonna happen. We gotta pray you go, no, no, you go one more year, two more years, three, more years, right, and then you figure out when it's the last rodeo. Well, it's like and then and then you go like, okay, now I when a point god, and then you pay them, pay them. But I think, like you know, going to how do you build the team? And the Phoenix, the Phoinxunds already have a great team. The only thing is that will buy by the injuries. You're the only team to actually beat the defferent Nugget. I don't know, people don't even say this, but the only team that was munching up well with the Devon Nuggets whole year.
Speaker 1: I was actually hoping to get them smile early. No, you're right, You're right. We we we match up great against them.
Speaker 3: I'll say this.
Speaker 1: I'm very enthusiastic about our coach higher And like you said, you know, no matter what, if you have Jannie on a team, and obviously you guys have Giannis and Dame, But no matter what, if you just have Giannis, you.
Speaker 3: Always don't have a chance to win a ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have.
Speaker 3: You always have a chance to be one of the final teams.
Speaker 1: We have Kevin Durant, Kevin Booker, and Bradley Beal a lot of other ship has to go right, but a lot of shit has to go right for everybody else too, So at least I'm confident.
Speaker 2: We're you know. And to add to that, and our owner is very you know, he's he's ready to make a move too.
Speaker 3: He also thinks it's NBA two K. God bless him. He's running the team like it's two K.
Speaker 2: He's just trade like making trades like it, you know what I mean, like like, yes, but it's a copycat league right when I say.
Speaker 1: He's just copycat and ship that worked like eight years ago, no, like the Big three thing. By the way, I know your brother was a part in my opinion that you both your brothers, but your your your younger brother, that that Laker ring was the first ring that said the super team isn't necessary. And then you guys carried that tradition on because I was hating the super team era of the NBA. So thank you, guys for you've stomped it. You could have stomped out the dreams of super teams when you guys beat the nets.
Speaker 2: To be fair, that's what I told you thirty for thirty some point.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe no, that's a thirty for thirty. You buying the tickets is a thirty for thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, but uh again, this copy cut? You see? You see what we did? Yeah? Like you think I'll give an example. Why do you know? Copy cut league guys like Jay, Guys like me. Forget about Jay just being here for a minute. Guys like me. I guarantee you at least not even a joke that when it comes to culture, locker room and winning, I've been fighting spot than anything from the from the fifteen man to the fourteen man of thirteen guy told got and I'll tell you why, because I'm a winner, and because teams copycut. Give an example, when we fired Bud, what happened? What happened? Phoenix fired Monty? You're right? And they and then and then who else fired their coach? The sixer, the Lakers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all three of those guys had worked, were very successful.
Speaker 2: Very successful.
Speaker 3: Two of the three won the right league.
Speaker 2: They sold the bucks and then went like, damn, they made a move. Maybe we ain't making a move. So you got a stand. It's a it's a league that copies winning and having that. That's why I told you, Like everybody I'll give an example. Think about look about coaching Tree. Right, we had Bud and then him was lead assistant down your Ham coach with the Lakers, lead a system. Charles Lee, he's with the Celtics. He just signed with Charlotte Hornets. Lead assistant Tayler Jenkins, Memphis Greasies leader sisters was with him, Quick Snyder. Uh bro. It doesn't stock crazy Tree because because it's winning well, people call home and go like, hey, we want you to t because we know how to get this done and what you guys did to replicate it and it's real something. That's what What do you think Jay will never not have a job. What do you think because they winners and they know like okay.
Speaker 1: And they bring something that is outside of basketball, that is tangible, outside of.
Speaker 2: What happens on the court. Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's about thank you. It's about the locker room too, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's you need a guy to be able to talk to every You need a guy that is going to bring the right energy. The young guys are gonna respect that, the old guys are going to respect man.
Speaker 2: And he's done it and he doesn't say he's not. He's not telling you like, yeah, in order to win the championship, you gotta no no, no, no no no, out of BENI runs that ended early and out of been in runs that were last thing standing. I know exactly what's going on and exactly how they're going to referee to you in game seven at game four? What whan I go? This is the refereeing is a is a minor thing. I'm talking about like teams. You how you're gonna play teams that what you're gonna do. Now, obviously you don't have success all the time or like that. But that's why Lebron gam is going to be considered, if not the goal closer to go to Michael Jordan because he's the one the most mining when the spelling in and nobody's done what he's done in the year year twenty and it's not even not even it's not even a discussion. That's what I'm trying to What do you think? What do you think Detroit gave Monty the biggest contract ever to try to change the culture exactly because he did the same thing. So that's why that's why I tell guys they keep saying like, oh my got this guy's in leg or that guy or this coach and keeps getting the job of that guy. The guys. Once you come into the fold and you understand how hot this is, and you want people who's done it and did it again? What do you think the Bucks went and got Doc.
Speaker 3: Right because they know, well he at least you have somebody who's done it before.
Speaker 2: Who who But think about this who excelled with Doc? When when that coming came in, Griffin, you know which player went crazy with the Bucks when Doc just came in, Oh, you can tell me. Bobby Porters got it? He he he said, you know what I got you? This is the place we used to run. And all of a sudden, Bobby Porters became this guy who's and by the way, he should have once explained six Men of the Year. But you know, I understand it's how the leg goes. But he was a jas because they kind of.
Speaker 1: Like not because man had a few of them games where you were like, should he be starting? Like all due respect the cat, but there was a few of those games where he was you know, in the fourth he was.
Speaker 2: He was, he was up there. I mean, he doesn't need to play there. He got handled.
Speaker 1: You mentioned refereeing a little bit, like I remember what's you know, what's the name of the referee that Chris Paul hates, Scott Foster, So the Scott Foster CCP thing. Yeah, I remember when like during the finals, like there was a couple of games where as Suns fans Scott Foster was on him, They're like, the fuck is that like a thing where like refs so have actual chips on their shoulders.
Speaker 2: So I think people are over exaggerating about the reps sometimes.
Speaker 1: And are you guys do you guys, are you guys aware of that, like, oh, we got Scott Foster tonight.
Speaker 3: Man, he's gonna he's gonna call christ.
Speaker 2: It depends, you know, some certain times you'll be like, okay, but it's not because of the referee. This is this is this is the thing that miscommunication. People have, the misconception I'm sorry people have. It's not about because of who is refeitting. Is of the style of refereeing. M that makes some guy some guy, let's let go. Other guys are very ticky tacky with the whistle and you'll know that. But you know, no, it's like scouting, you scout players. Just no.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying you'll, if you pay attention, you'll know this who we got tonight. We can't get away with a lot of ship tonight or this got tonight. We could play aggressive tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but then and then sends from that too. Teams team start to play when you were physical. The reason we beat you, guys, was because we we had no answer for you know, because we're a team from the East bro we go through the goncelet We played very physical. We're a physical team, like who was going to grab you? Was gonna push you? What was gonna pulse you?
Speaker 1: And we had nobody on our bench that listen, our bench was in the big man's side of things.
Speaker 2: There was a lot to be.
Speaker 1: Desired for when aidon because you look, look, I got to give credit DeAndre and because he had an amazing run during the playoffs, during that that whole run.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm tough on Ayden, but I mean, by the way, you shouldn't be. This kid is like top He's amazing. No, no, no, I mean I mean, I listen, I'm from like a fan perspective.
Speaker 1: You know, I wish you dunked a little more, but like I feel like that playoff run, like we wouldn't have been there with out him, and you know without oh cp man and I think that, uh, you know, when we hit the buzzsaw of Giannis, it was just what are you supposed to do? Because you would always hear people say you got to build.
Speaker 2: A wall on the paint when you play. Honest, we were finished.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying like that was during that season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was supposed to go the wall on the paint, right, And so for us it was like once Deandre's out, what who's supposed to Who was who was our backup center that year?
Speaker 2: Cominsky?
Speaker 1: Oh, no, it was Frank commenced, No, but it was no. But it was Kaminsky that was going against Yannis. No, I know Daria was, but Kamensky he was dog food to your brother.
Speaker 2: It was bad bro.
Speaker 1: And I love Frank Wisconsin great, He's a badger. Shot to him, a fucking great guy. Loved Frank Kaminski.
Speaker 3: But what are we talking about? Okay, it's Yannis but guarded by Frank Kaminski.
Speaker 2: But they think the miscas Simpson that it wasn't just John, It was all all of us.
Speaker 1: No, I know it was, but man, like you said that Game six, everybody was off except one guy.
Speaker 2: You know, how do you defend that? You just can't. You just can't. So the thing also our game plan and.
Speaker 3: Like we were like, oh, he's coming off a injury.
Speaker 2: We got this. It didn't matter. He didn't matter because that man was that his motor bros. Was different. But like our game plan apart from Yon was hey, Tuck was PJ. Right, PJ, You're gonna go on every board, every rebound, and who was guarding him? CP, You're gonna crash on ship every time you see him, crash him every time you see him, beat him up a little him or the book. You remember how many times the book the book almost filed that one time they didn't even call it. The folowed up. Remember, Yeah, So our game plan was not just Young then it was Drew Holliday. When outter the two oh said Jew, he was like, I got you. He picked him up full court. Yep.
Speaker 1: Drew Holliday is one of the most underrated players of all time and quite possibly, I mean, if not the greatest, a top five guard defender ever. Like you got to think about him, Gary Payton, I mean, I'm told really and then you know, shout out to Kyrie and Luca got to deal with him and Derek White. Derek White is a fucking monster. And then Jalen Brown's great on defense.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, they had they had a nice game.
Speaker 1: Are you worried about having to deal with the Celtics for the next few years because it seems like they figured out something there. I guess I think just like one through seven, one through eight, it seems to be like they gotta they got they I mean they like like Jason Tatum could have.
Speaker 2: They have Charles Lee assistant coach, and they got they got Derek White, don't know, don't get me, got JB mm hmm, they got Jason Tatum and they got those guys now and borzingis if he's he if he's healthy. So now again you don't call them a super team. It's close, but it is close enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you think about it, Holiday all Star, Yes, JB and Tatum all stars, Porzingis All Star. Yeah, they got four All Stars and they're starting.
Speaker 2: For you exactly.
Speaker 3: But Derek White could be six Man of the Year.
Speaker 2: Could you be my favorite? When when when you when you go uh? And now the Horford experience, and Horford's wanted it experience, and and he always will just come and hit a three when you're like, fucking Horford's got range, I forgot. Yeah, he got that old man range. Do the two wins away? They're two wins away. My thing is one zero, it's three zero. Want to win away to win the champ Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But to say like, but you guys are gonna that, it's it's you guys got to go up against them for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is what it is. I think the most of the most different part of this. We're worried about us clicking. We played them in the season. I think one of them wasn't playing one of the games, and the other games that wasn't playing. But like, you guys got to get your chemistry right, No, there's not the chemistry we've done. We've done with that. That's over now. Now it's Bill don't do stuff. We have, Yeah, we have and now like we played that, I think we played them twice, Jay, we played them twice to day this year. We played four times in Boston. But how much they beat us by? Five? Right? Four or five? And then oh no, two games to both games were by four or five, and then we beat them at home. Like yeah, one game we beat them by a lot octually, No, two games beat them by a lot. Why do I say that? But what what? What? The play I want to make is sometimes about my steps as well. I mean, you might have a great nobody's gonna guard you.
Speaker 1: Honest, that's real, that's real. Well listen, man, I appreciate you pulling on go your podcast. You haven't put an episode on a while?
Speaker 2: No, I'm no, I've done some episodes. I just don't. I just don't put the mote them like that. I'll let them naturally, got it. But it's weekly every Wednesday night, Thursday morning, Wednesday Thursday morning. Yes, and I just show tap in, tune in. It's fun, nice stories. How obviously I know you're out here. Rehappened? How's your injury? Good can complain? Man? You know, I uh, it's one of those things I gotta go through. You know, Yeah, injuries happen. It happens. But the thing is what I'm gonna you know, how how do I go about it? Well?
Speaker 1: Listen, I appreciate your time, bro, Like I said, anybody like honestly, bro, like I watched your Guys documentary on Prime. Like I said, man, I got teared up. That ship was so inspiring to see everything you guys you went through to get here. So salute and thank you for being like a you know, inspiration for everybody.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sure your inspiration for a whole damn country right now too, So salute man.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you for having me, Yes, sir, I have the fun with the conversation too, man, Yeah, and stuff like that. Aw my pod too, of course.
Speaker 3: And then you know, uh shout to coach bud Man.
Speaker 2: You know, I just had to get some get them right in Phoenix. Man, you guys are gonna love him. You know he's he's he's azy boy too. He's from you know, shouts a coach. But it's good.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, man, Thank you, yes, sir. Fire