Speaker 1: Hey, there are folks, and welcome to I Do Part two.
Speaker 2: And if you got in love right the first time around, this podcast ain't for you. I am one of your whole state at home sitting next to Amy row Botan.
Speaker 1: Between the two of us, we have four divorces, so no judgment here.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the podcast, and really, I think robes. We have talked to a lot of people on I Do Part two, a lot of people who are going to an second marriage or maybe even third, or trying to get out there and date again. This is going to be the first time we've talked to somebody who's actually going through it while we're talking to them.
Speaker 3: And not just going through a divorce, which is hard enough privately, but going through a divorce publicly is a whole other thing.
Speaker 4: And well we know a little bit about that as well.
Speaker 3: So I was actually just telling our next guest that she is in a very safe space because.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna see.
Speaker 3: While everyone's experience is unique and specific to them, there are some shared experiences. When you go through something this traumatic with children, with the public watching there, that is something that I would not wish on anyone.
Speaker 4: And uh, it's.
Speaker 3: Certainly a rocky road to travel, but I will say when you get to the other side, you learn so much about yourself. You learn what you want, you learn what you don't want, and that is that's winning. Actually, to know where you stand, not only internally, but just what is next in life.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: And with that, folks, you are now listening to a boy from Arkansas and a girl from Georgia introducing another girl from Kentucky.
Speaker 1: And with that we want to welcome Star much talked about sensation Britney.
Speaker 2: Cart Right, you know her fro vandr pump Rules. You know are now with the second season of The Valley coming up. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Hi, thanks for having me. I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Look at that one.
Speaker 3: I love and I love you, you said a girl from Kentucky because you can hear it right away and immediately.
Speaker 4: We are also Southerners, so I love it. We love hearing a Southern drawl.
Speaker 5: And I love y'all's love. It's so cute, it's so obvious.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, funny the way life takes you where it takes you. That the Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia are sitting in a hotel in Los Angeles, in Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Right, don't y'all hate that Kentucky basketball is just so much better.
Speaker 4: I'd prefer to start talking about football.
Speaker 5: Okay, football football, That seems.
Speaker 1: We didn't come to talk about. Can't we ask?
Speaker 2: There's a lot to get to with you, but we want to start with something that. Look, Robock and I both have gone through recently divorces in a very public way. The first thing we were concerned about was our kids. The first thing we want to make sure they're okay. People saying all kinds of shit about us in public. Our priority was that. So can I start with that with you as a mom? All that's going on the show, whatever, social media, this and that and the back and forth. How is Cruise here? A three year old who's about to be four, and just tell us how he's doing through what has been upheaval in his life.
Speaker 6: He is absolutely amazing. He is thriving. I feel like he wants to see his mom happy, and I think that like actually affects him more to see a happy mom and a happy household and everything than having you know, negativity around twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: He's amazing.
Speaker 6: He's only three, so you know, luckily he doesn't really get everything that's going on at this moment, but I just feel like he's so much happier.
Speaker 5: I honestly do, I really do.
Speaker 3: That's real and I think that is real because kids, no matter how young they are, Yeah, they sense energy, They know what the energy is in the house. They know and yes, having parents who are happy, even if that means they're apart, is better than having that negativity in the house.
Speaker 4: Actually, I really believe that.
Speaker 3: You know, my therapist, when I was struggling with what to do, said to me, with my daughters, is this the marriage you would want for them? If it's not, then what are you showing them? So I just wanted to give that to you as well. I know we all have mom guilt, dad guilt. You know you're putting your kids first, and yet you're also trying to navigate your own life. So I think that's brave and admirable.
Speaker 5: Thank you doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was definitely hard, but also cruises my driving force to like be happier and to be a better person and to be like in this space where I feel comfortable and I can like be the better mom for him. Because I feel like I just had so much stress and pressure every day in my life, Like the energy was just so bad and so off in our house. So I just felt like I had to get out and I had to do it for my son. If I didn't have him, I would probably stay with Jacks for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Really really, I mean we're used to hearing the opposite people want to stay together or the kid no.
Speaker 6: Wow, Like I feel like I loved Jack so much and I really was into this life, into this marriage with him. I thought he was gonna be my forever person. And having crews and seeing how I was treated in front of my son really opened my eyes. And I think for a lot of women like you just are so blinded by love that you don't really like realize.
Speaker 5: Everything that you're going through.
Speaker 6: Like I held everything in for so long, so long, and I just think that he just like really like opened me up and was just like, Okay, this is not okay. I need to do this for my son. I need to be happy for my son.
Speaker 3: I'm curious, because cameras were rolling, was there something what was the epiphany for you? Was it off camera? Was it on camera where you said, I have to get out. This is not healthy for me or for my child.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of things off camera that I can speak on because now we've had all these podcasts come about Alice back and like everything like it's been all over the place. But there was a lot of things that were happening before I ever moved out, Like he admitted that he had a cocaine.
Speaker 3: Addiction, and you knew about that the whole time.
Speaker 6: I knew about it, but it was like he would never admit that it was a problem. He always acted like this was normal, this was this, this was that, but I knew it was So after I had my child, obviously things changed and I started noticing more.
Speaker 5: And more and more and more and more.
Speaker 6: And once we separated because I had to leave him after a bad night that was like a come down after like a party night.
Speaker 4: What was a bad night?
Speaker 3: What did that look like?
Speaker 5: Just the next.
Speaker 6: Morning was so bad, just like coming into the room yelling and doing this and doing that and just just made me feel like a like I lost all my confidence, I lost almost sparkle in that relationship. And after ten years I finally started to notice that, you know, it took me a while, but I just felt like I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't do it anymore. So I was like, either you leave or ally, and he wouldn't leave, so I had to leave.
Speaker 2: As we sit here, you're a full year plus from when you filed four to four or no separate. You can separated at least a year in the past year. How close have you been, if at all, to getting back together.
Speaker 6: I've had I'm not gonna lie, I've had like a couple of times where I was like lonely and was like, WHOA, what might happen? But we never got back together and we will never ever get back together. I just few, like after a year with somebody for ten years, sometimes there's gonna be times where you feel weak, you know, and you miss them and you feel lonely.
Speaker 5: And that's happened to me a lot.
Speaker 6: But I know I'm worth so much more and I know that, like, I can do so much better than what he put me through. And that's a confidence that I never had before.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's amazing. Yeah, has he tried to get you.
Speaker 6: Back sometimes but not always, Like I feel like he's done the bare minimum. So like it's like, uh, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 4: You know, you left, right, so is he? He's still in the house.
Speaker 6: So I moved into rental homes for about seven months, and then he finally got a condo after a long time. And this was after his rehab, say and everything. So it was just kind of like, you know, I begged him, and like I even said, I will pay for the rental house and you can live there and I can stay at the house with our son. He still won't do that. So but now I can probably say, yes, I have my house. It's one hundred percent of mine. He's moved out. I am taken over everything, and like I feel like that's like so empowering for me. Like I'm so proud of myself else that I have that, and me and Cruise are back in our house where we started, where he was born, where he grew up. You know, I was gone for seven months, but I'm back on my own.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does he need I don't know Jack's at all, nothing from other than what I've seen on the show. Yeah, right, Does do you feel like he needs? What if he got right? Because we always say there's no way I can be good for somebody else if I'm not good myself first, but talk about his mental health? Is you talk about his substance abuse issues? If he got right? I mean, does he need to get right before you could possibly consider taking him back or a reconciliation or a reconciliation off the table. I won't ask another follow up about it.
Speaker 5: That's hard because I don't think that.
Speaker 6: I think he's hurt me so much between this, especially after our separ it has been.
Speaker 3: Bad, and you were finding like women's thongs.
Speaker 6: Yes, and dms, like I'm getting sent dms from women where I have to read their text threads and like, could you imagine Let's like I don't want to read that. So now, like there's no way that we could ever be back together, Not that I even wanted that, but like, how could I ever be back with that after reading all these things and knowing everything he said and done, And I just would feel so dumb if I ever went back with him, honestly, And I feel like I've gained so much more strength and I'm getting into such a better headspace and so much like happier and so much more confidence since I've left him, Like so if I went back into that.
Speaker 5: I just feel like my.
Speaker 6: Piece would be all messed up again, you know, like it just doesn't it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Fit you have you do have a sparkle. Thank you about you and you are like.
Speaker 3: I can tell the shine and the sparkle are coming from you, not because someone not from an external source. Isn't that what it's all about too, of finding yourself and then building back.
Speaker 4: So from that perspective, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, are you how do you get to a place where you can trust who you choose?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 3: Because I had mentioned you, hey, find your best friend, just saying that we've been through a few issues ourselves and when I finally found my best friend.
Speaker 1: That when through a few issues.
Speaker 7: Being a stroke.
Speaker 3: But but you said to me, and this was interesting, you said, I thought I had yes, So how do you trust? How do you trust the next relationship? How do you trust the next friendship that builds into something more? Where how do you reconcile that? I think it's gonna be hard because I definitely have my guard up. I definitely thought Jackson was my best friend. I said that for years, ten years, he's my best friend.
Speaker 6: Anytime people were me or say like what are you doing or why would you go do this?
Speaker 5: Or forgive him for this?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, he's my best friend. He makes me happy, he is my everyday person. So it is very hard to lose that. But I feel like the red flags, I like will notice them all, you know, like there is a new you know, a new a new thing that I'm looking for in a man, you know, And I'm not like ready to date again yet.
Speaker 5: It's gonna take me a little bit. I'm wanna have.
Speaker 6: Fun right now, and I am I want to have fun and I am, but I think.
Speaker 2: Uh, you mean, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I want to have fun? And I am, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Just like hanging out with hot guys?
Speaker 1: You know, you have not struggled the whole time. This is the first time you paused, just you know, hanging out. This is the first time she tripped over a word, bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just just hanging out.
Speaker 9: But but yeah, I think the red flags are up, Like you notice so much more after you've been in a relationship like that, like especially with a narcissist, Like I will never be able to be with a narcissist ever.
Speaker 6: Again, I don't think any woman ever should. But you know, there's just different things that have happened along the way, and I've learned so much, I've gotten so much stronger. So I just see so many different things.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you were like before. You know, we didn't get a chance to meet you. Yeah, while you were married, while you were going through whatever you're going through. Didn't know, but you have walked it. You just have a light to you. I don't know what it was before. And it's an interesting thing with Bro that you're the only example I have. But folks in your life, once you start getting divorced, so you get out of a relationship, all of a sudden, they come out and say, wow, it's good to have you back. Yeah, what have you or maybe your friends are family noticing anything about you any different? Are they relieved even that you are now out of that relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think a lot of my friends, my family especially, they're happy for me. You know.
Speaker 6: They want me to succeed, They want me to be happy. They want me to be the best mom I could be and live in the you know, like just a happier space because it's been hard. Not gonna lie, it's been a lot. But I think I've you know, I'm gradually getting better day by.
Speaker 5: Day because it's still hard. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I got my sparkle back, for sure, but this is not even as sparkly as I could be.
Speaker 5: I feel like I got a little blace.
Speaker 4: To go, you know, but that you're on the right path. Yes, you know you were on the right path.
Speaker 1: Now you are.
Speaker 3: DJ was referring to my mom, saying, I feel like I have my Amy back.
Speaker 4: Oh, I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Have my daughter back from high school, that exuberance, happy, anything's possible, Amy. And it was weird to hear that from a I don't know if your mom can ever be objective, but from somebody who always has your best interest at heart.
Speaker 4: Seeing something like that was really pactful.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even realize that that was the change in me. Have people in your life noticed a change in you? And do you see WHOA was? I a show of who I was. You don't even realize it's happening while it's happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, Jane is one of my best friends. She's over there shaking her head.
Speaker 5: Like, yes, yeah, I feel like yeah, I just God, when I read that energy is in your house every single day.
Speaker 6: It like really brings you down. And I think that my friends and family have really noticed, like, Okay, she you know, she's feeling so much better, She's doing so much better.
Speaker 5: No, jan Yeah, okay, Janet. Jane's in the room and she can say the answer. But I'm gonna be honest. It's not easy for me to.
Speaker 9: Talk about myself like that.
Speaker 1: Jenna, can you speak to what she's saying? What?
Speaker 2: What did you notice in your friend once? I guess she decided the really was over, I guess. And from a year ago to now, what have you noticed?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 8: I will say the biggest difference is a lot of our conversations went from consoling her and trying to cheer her up to laughing with her and making plans to have fun. Mm hmm that's I mean. It really went from like, hey, everything's going to be okay to like, everything is okay. Yeah, And I see her being absolutely her best best self now and I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you're I know this sounds maybe a little cheesy, but when you're trying to please someone or you're trying to keep something working, that isn't you end up not even feeling comfortable being yourself or saying what you really think or what you really feel, but just trying to keep the peace at all costs. Are you now able to be like yourself? Were you ever feeling like you couldn't.
Speaker 5: Be oh, one hundred percent?
Speaker 6: Like I felt like I was never allowed to vent to my friends or talk about what was going on in my relationship, even though we're on a public platform, even just like one on one like dinners with my girls, Like it was always, you know, a negative thing. Once I went out with my friends, it was like what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: What are you doing? Are you are you doing this? Are you talking about this? It was, it was, it was bad.
Speaker 6: So I feel like I've had such a relief and a like a lift off my shoulders, like especially once the divorce was filed and then like once he finally announced his addiction issues, because then I could finally be like like this, this is what I had to deal with every day. And I hid a lot because he was my husband and I did love him, but it was it was a lot for me to go through. And you know, I tried, I tried my best, but I feel like I'm proud of myself for for how far I've come.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Said you did love him. Do you still love him?
Speaker 6: I love him in a weird way. Okay, can't stand him. I cannot stand him. I love him as the father of my child who co parenting is super hard with somebody that you can't stand.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, I don't know how better to explain it than that, Like it's like, I think it's relatable.
Speaker 2: Yeahs in some of the articles I read, you really you can't stand him.
Speaker 5: No, I did not love Like I'm not in love with him anymore.
Speaker 6: I think that I'm like grieving the life I thought we were going to have together. And it's still hard because we were together for ten years, so it's hard.
Speaker 8: You know, you're no longer putting the fires out too. I think I think I see with Jack's he was kind of always burning bridges with her friends, with people in our friend group, and Brittany was always going behind him and fixing everything and making it all right with everybody. And it's like one less job you have to do now and you can really concentrate on being yourself and the best mom. And I'm seeing the full best version of you, and it's like the most wonderful thing to see, truly.
Speaker 2: Thank you, is that the version with did your relationship have a better chance if cameras were not in your face?
Speaker 6: So Jackson and I started off basically on camera, I mean not the day we met, but as soon as I moved to LA, I was on a TV show and that was crazy. That was a whole experience within itself. But everybody kept saying, you are. You were making Check so much better. You're the best thing that's ever happened to him. You're you know, and I really thought that too for a very long time. We were together for ten years. It wasn't all terrible, you know, obviously, but yeah, it's been I feel like our whole relationship was on camera, and then it wasn't after vander Pump Rules, and that was a really hard time in our life as well, and then we started the Valley and I thought everything was going to be better and he was going to get like more of his confidence, even back at that point.
Speaker 5: But I feel like he turned it around and you it against me?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you right?
Speaker 4: Do you ever?
Speaker 3: Do you ever look back or even as you're thinking forward and think maybe the TV has hurt versus helped, or do.
Speaker 4: You think it's the opposite.
Speaker 6: I think for my growth as a woman, especially this last season, having the cameras there held me accountable in ways that I don't know if I would be strong enough to do on my own.
Speaker 5: And I yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: It's like it holds a mirror up to yourself. So it's like, oh my gosh, everybody's saying how horrible I was treated, and they're gonna watch it all season two, how horrible I was treated? Like it like really holds up like a mirror to yourself, and like, you know, I fell for divorce and I did that, you know, And I feel so much better now and I'm never going back, never going back ever.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, they say never say never.
Speaker 7: Exception.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I think you and I can say no sometimes.
Speaker 3: Actually I think I've lived enough life to absolutely say never.
Speaker 2: Did you get from friends? I'm sitting next to one of your thoughts, But how do you support a friend through that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: You don't want to just say hey, you got to get out. You want to support again. I didn't watch enough or seen enough to know if you were giving that advice. But what does a friend do. Were they telling you to get out or they were sitting there holding your hand while you cry.
Speaker 6: No, a lot of my friends were like, you need to get a lawyer, you need to protect yourself. You need because he's not a normal person. Like that was like, you need to protect yourself normal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry. I mean I'm not telling a lot.
Speaker 2: Like what is the data day with you all? Now, what's the relationship you have? Of course you got a co parent, so yeah.
Speaker 5: It's back and forth. It's back and forth.
Speaker 6: It's we don't talk for a while, we talked for a little bit, we don't talk for it.
Speaker 5: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: But how does that go with cruise your son?
Speaker 2: You have a great mom. Wait, he says he's a great dad, but it was a bad husband that was in the clip.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate?
Speaker 6: I think that if you're a great dad, you don't harass and talk horribly to the mother.
Speaker 5: Of a child.
Speaker 6: So you know, I'm not saying that he is a horrible dad, but I'm not saying that he is. I'm ninety five percent, he's five percent. Let's just say.
Speaker 1: That that's an imbalance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's the visitation or that's the custody situation.
Speaker 6: That's just our life, like it's it's every day.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: We're still working on everything through the divorce, so custody is not like in order.
Speaker 5: Yet, so I'm still doing everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know how that process can get drawn.
Speaker 3: Do you have a timeline about when your divorce will be finalized? It's a great day when that does happen, when you're going through it.
Speaker 6: I don't have a I don't have a time on just yet, but it is moving forward, for sure. It is moving forward, and I'm like, please come on, like I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Sorry to say, but from our experience, this will not be quick. Sorry to have to tell you.
Speaker 3: And I know you're obviously getting through that first and foremost and not doing anything serious in terms of dating. But I know at one point on the show you mentioned that you definitely wanted to have more kids. Is that factoring into your timeline about how you're living your life and how intentional you're being in terms of maybe.
Speaker 4: Trying to find that next person.
Speaker 6: I think that I thought that Jackson and I were aligned on that, like we were. We had said both of us that we were going to have another child, and that was my husband, Like I thought that was going to happen, and now we're going through divorce and everything else.
Speaker 5: It's like, listen, I.
Speaker 6: Love kids so much. Of course I would love for Cruise to have a brother or sister, But if that's not my future anymore, it's not my future anymore. I'm not like pressuring that.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I just want to be happy, you know, and Cruise makes me happy.
Speaker 6: And if I ever find somebody else that like makes me happy, great, if we fall in love and want to have kids, great, I've got time, a little bit of time. You have too much, but a little bit, so it's not out of the picture. But it's not something that I'm like, yes, I have to do that for my future.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm very satisfied, and I love my son, so I feel very lucky that I have him, you know, Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And am I the one that has to asked this question about this whole mess? How about you hooking up with somebody in the friend group? Okay, because there's a difference of opinion on you two side, whether or not you all said that was against the rules or not. So have you all settled this. So was it against the rules for you to hook up with someone who was a friend of his, essentially in your friend group?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I will tell you that he still brings him up to me almost every single day, like he can knock it over it.
Speaker 5: I have not talked to that.
Speaker 6: Man for months and months and months, but no, like, no, what our rules were, and I said this on the show and on the podcast was.
Speaker 5: Don't bring girls into our marital home and don't have anybody around cruise.
Speaker 4: Okay, And how has he done with those rules?
Speaker 6: Uh? Well, as far as I know, nobody's been around my son. Okay, but I found many women in my house.
Speaker 5: Before I took it over.
Speaker 4: I mentioned the thong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the song, the song, and I get dms all the time, so it's just like, oh, I have to read it. I had somebody sent me a screenshot of them in my bed with my photo behind them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yes, because they don't they don't pay, They.
Speaker 6: Just want like I don't know what they wanted, but I don't know what they attention. Yeah or wow, but senier to me and like how heartbreaking for me?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 5: Like it was awful.
Speaker 2: Wait to rub it in or say I'm sorry, I had no idea. I mean, it was or to It's.
Speaker 5: Been a lot of different things.
Speaker 6: It's been oh he he loved bombs and then throws them away, and then they come to me and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Am I supposed to be a therapist now?
Speaker 1: Like what the hell?
Speaker 4: What the hell they I'm going to do?
Speaker 3: I hate to say his castaways, but that's kind of what you're saying, coming to you, like to seek solace or to like say I understand.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, yeah, I mean they're being like I don't know what else to do.
Speaker 5: He you know, it's just it's just crazy.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you this, after everything you've been through, do you still believe in love and would you like to get married again someday?
Speaker 5: I always believe in love.
Speaker 6: I think that, like, you know, I was the girl that was like, oh I'm going to get married in the castle and this and that.
Speaker 5: You know that was like, how yes, I love all of that. Do I think I will ever get married again? I don't know. I would.
Speaker 6: I would have, you know, all the things set up before. Yes, yeah, I mean I just like after going through this divorce with Jackson, it's like, my goodness.
Speaker 5: So you know, I hate that because I never wanted that. Before.
Speaker 6: I was like, no, you don't need a prenup. You're in love, you don't need any of that. And now I'm like, hell, yeah, you need that, Like are you kidding me? Like this is like crazy, Like you need to protect yourself because if they get mad, they come after everything, and it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: But I never felt that way before.
Speaker 6: But I still believe in love and I still want to be in love, and I'm a relationship person like I'm not. But yeah, you know, I would rather be in a relationship than be like single and lonely and doing you know this and that.
Speaker 1: So we're going to go party tonight. We're going to introduce you to some people tonight.
Speaker 2: Please no, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: You can see Brittany all the crew on the new season of The Valley April fifteenth on Bravo. We want you to know if you're navigating the next chapter of your life or divorce, need some guidance when it comes to day think again. We are here to help as much as we can. You can call email us, follow us on our socials. All the information will be on the show notes. Make sure to rate and review the podcast. It's I Do Part two. iHeart Radio podcast. We're falling in love. It's the main objective.
Speaker 1: Let me say thank you. You didn't plan thank.
Speaker 4: You, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 3: Brittany.
Speaker 2: Do you look we need a lot of people and when they walk out, we look at each other and go, what I expect? You are just a treat And you know the energy from Kentucky, we feel it and we absolutely.
Speaker 4: We might even root for Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Yes as cats cats yet.
Speaker 3: Because Arkansas and Georgia, we're really on the low end of things right now going into all of our teams.
Speaker 1: Made into the Yeah. But Brenda, it is an absolute
Speaker 5: Thank you so much