Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jettie and no Hee Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Meta, which of course runs Instagram, announcing new default settings designed to restrict the content that teens can actually view. One on Instagram, anyone under eighteen will be put in a restrictive teen account, allowing them only to see PG thirteen content. The settings can't be changed without a parent's permission. The company also adding an even stricter setting that parents can set up for their younger children.
Speaker 4: Darn it, I wish they wouldn't go that direction because I have a thirteen year old and a fifteen year old, and what I've found on like almost everything that I have, I have taken off the child restriction on because it's too restrictive. It's way too restrictive. They can't watch stuff that is you know, by mine and most parents, I know, standard okay for a teenager to see. I mean, they they get relegated to you know, paw patrol cartoons and just I mean stuff that's for little kids. So far, that's been my experience with all these age LeMans and him saying right there, thirteen year old on Instagram. Okay, that's going to eliminate like ninety percent of the stuff they want to see and bad stuff I don't want them to see. Is there some way to have like it be? I don't know, like R rated movies. I guess where you get closer around. Yeah, I don't want you watching this till you're a full on adult. As opposed to it, you have to be a little kid to enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Come on, I don't think that technologies within a million miles of being good enough, because I mean, like, you get those warnings on TV shows and movies includes rough language, violence, smoking, smoking right exactly?
Speaker 2: Or Or what's the consumerism?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, the common sense media thing that I check all the time. It'll have some horrifying rating and I'll think, oh, we can't watch this until I realize that it's mostly because it's got smoking cigarettes and consumerism.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not really that worried about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about the bear arst blanking no, and the trip to the toy store. Yes, that would be fine, even if there's a guy smoking a cigar outside of it. How about brightly lit two dudes raw dogging.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 4: But if somebody's drinking a Coca Cola and I can clearly read the logo of the coke can, I'm not so bothered.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what raw dogging means, but I don't want it on my screen.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I've had that problem with a bunch of stuff where I took the restrictions off, like Netflix or Hulu so they can watch the Simpsons or something like that right then. And then, what I was thinking about is some of this is wanting to stay on the right side of public opinion for Mark Zuckerberg since he's gotten beaten up by some But.
Speaker 2: Then there's also fietly, Yeah, there's also what's going to.
Speaker 4: Make me the most Money's what's just flat out going to be the most profitable. And I think that gets to what Sam Altman announced yesterday, which we've talked about a couple of times, where ease greenlit erotica for chat GPT, and it's going to be a similar sort of thing where it's going to be a.
Speaker 2: What is he calling it the phrase right here.
Speaker 4: We're going to go with treat adult users like adults. That's going to be our principle from now on. And so if you are an adult, we're going to treat you like an adult, and all this different stuff is going to be available to you, erotica and sexy stuff and all that different sort of thing. How you keep that out of the hands of underage people, I don't know, but he, I'm guessing, for profit's sake, thinks he wants to be first in for grown up content. I mentioned I was making groc videos yesterday. Groc we couldn't make. I couldn't make somebody in a picture flip somebody off, couldn't make our dog say the F word, which.
Speaker 2: We're trying to why is he religious? But anyway, couldn't do that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, how old does somebody need to be for content that is your dog saying the F word, which is pretty funny. I feel like thirteen's good enough, or certainly fifteen, but uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of the chat GPT sexiness though, I love that idea because it could be like, oh yeah, just like that. Oh yeah, and by the way, can you help me troubleshoot my toaster oven?
Speaker 2: It's not working right?
Speaker 1: So you got like the most knowledgeable lover in the world can help you through if you think, oh, yeah, yeah, that's great what you're doing there. But don't let me forget. I got to troubleshoot my toaster oven. It's not working right.
Speaker 4: Right, So she can talk sexy to me, and I can say, I've got a ninety two Chevy S ten, the windows are leaking.
Speaker 2: What's the most common cause of that? And she'll tell me exactly.
Speaker 1: What happened exactly right. Oh oh, speaking of technology, this is stupid. But so I've got a silly technical thing going on, and so I've had to go from a touch screen for something I do all day long during the show to a mouse screen. What's the over under for the number of times I'm going to reach for the screen to try to do it as a touch screen, because I'm already at like six hundred and three.
Speaker 2: Keep jabbing at it. Why doesn't this work? Not a touchscreen, you idiot.
Speaker 4: I've done that before, like at ATMs or gas stations or whatever.
Speaker 1: Or my wife's laptop. Yeah, oh, one more technical thing or tech thing. It's going to take a couple of minutes, but at some point, if not today, maybe tomorrow. The People's Liberation Army. Some of their that's the Chinese Commingist Army have some of their publications on psychological warfare against the United States have been found in translated and it's amazing and nobody's.
Speaker 2: Talking about Now I haven't heard this. This is right up my alley. I want to hear that, all right, stay tuned.
Speaker 4: So just a quick question, going back to the the social media platforms and the ai I and all this sort of stuff. Do you think Altman being first in with adult content is going to make all the other companies go more that direction?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, because I feel like it is.
Speaker 1: There are bunches of companies, but they're not like in that top tier that we talk about all the time, and they're already fully on board.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was kind of precious and silly that groc wasn't allowing my dog.
Speaker 2: To say the F word. It's like, Okay, I mean, I understand what you're trying to do, but let's live in reality here. How about your dog doing the F work.
Speaker 4: Well, they're like, like, you know, that's what I was thinking. There are ninety other platforms I could go to right now if I wanted to take the time and get the dog to say that. So what are you accomplishing here with your precious.
Speaker 2: Little rule.
Speaker 4: It's reputational, I think gotta be. Yeah, Elon's got enough money though he can. He can be a lagging indicator if he wants. I'm giving into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well Elon has gone.
Speaker 4: To have your pug sitting there saying give me my effing food.
Speaker 2: Kind of voice do you envision for the pug that sort of cartoon. We didn't pick a voice, It just picked a voice. I suppose we could have changed it.
Speaker 4: It kind of looked like what you'd expect a pug to sound like a pick a dog.
Speaker 2: British accent would be funny. Oh, you're right. We got that stuff Joe mentioned, and about a bunch of other stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: Hi Kea has announced plans to build a small format store in Manhattan that will be twenty five thousand square feet. No word yet on when it'll open. It's got like a jillion pieces and all Day Give You is like one tiny Allen ranch.
Speaker 2: I can get it, yeaps. Mocking the very product.
Speaker 1: We are so fat and naive and trouble as a country and individuals, but as a country specifically to the threat of China. Talk about this a lot, but it's so obvious and so troubling.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was thinking, you remember, and maybe I'll dig it up again. We had that collection of all the quotes from Chinese Communist Party high up officials and intelligence agents and the military people talking about what an incredible tool TikTok was and is for Chinese propaganda. And that is known, it's a known known, And yet what the hell's going on with the TikTok deal?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard recently. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We just let it happen, and then you have this that nobody's really talking about, maybe because it takes a little explanation and we're a very very short attention span people. But the People's Liberation Army scholars have explained China's whole of society cognitive warfare doc in a big report that came out in twenty twenty two entitled Effectiveness, Mechanisms and Strategic Selection in Cognitive Domain Operations and the name it's been translating in English completely. This is kind of a summary of it. It's written by a guy who is in this world. So it's full of a lot of jargon, which I'm going to skip around mostly, but it's authored by a couple of scholars from the National Defense University's Political Academy.
Speaker 2: The piece which I just gave you the long name of positions.
Speaker 1: CDO or Cognitive Domain operations as a sophisticated evolution of psychological warfare, drawing heavily from Konnman's theories, Tirsky's he heuristics and biases, and research and information theoretic concepts like overload and entropy not to build resilience but to weaponize cognitive vult.
Speaker 4: Wow, you get the word heuristic say and entropy in the same sentence.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, it's it's a good day for me anyway. But it emphasizes strategies like meme propagation, algorithmic manipulation, and echo chambers to disrupt enemy decision making, foster cognitive biases, and achieve strategic dominance without direct combat. And it goes into without direct comity detail. That's what I was talking about the other day.
Speaker 4: What I thought was so clever from watching sixty minutes, the way they're hacking into allar systems stuff like that is to avoid the full on nuclear war with a power that rivals you, and you know, take it down or defeat it in other ways.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, said the authors situate China's approaches within the context of Western doctrines blah blah blah, but with a distinctly offensive bias exploiting focus rooted in sun sous quote subduing the enemy without fighting. M They are pouring as much energy and well maybe not as much, but energy and a hell of a lot of money into this style of attacking their enemy, the United States and or just blissfully unaware, which astounds.
Speaker 4: Because we've been counting on for so many decades now, the fact that we can just obliterate anybody. We're the opposite end of it. We don't need to whatever that is, defeat you without going to battle. We want to go to battle because we could beat anybody. And that has worked for a very long time.
Speaker 2: But wow, that's they're.
Speaker 1: Not trying to win hearts and minds. They're trying to twist hearts and minds just a little more. Because there's a stunning amount of detail to this, and I'm kind of skipping around but.
Speaker 2: Two features of.
Speaker 1: The source of what they're doing are especially valuable analytically and weren't foregrounding. That would be the five step sequence figure that operationalizes how attention capture framing an algorithmic curation lead to chamber driven bias, amplification and reinforcement, and the chemical reaction model triad that maps content et cetera. And roles both improved a bunch of technical stuff. But they have their best scientists, their best cognitive scientists, working on this stuff and are doing it through you know, social media, including apps that the Chinese Communist Party itself controls, and we're just letting them. I don't know what else to say. I don't know how is every podcast in America not talking about this well right?
Speaker 4: I don't understand how that story from sixty Minutes or first story Sunday Night isn't like the biggest story in the country.
Speaker 2: The President has already addressed it. Every town in America. There have been people saying to their mayor, are we prepared for this? But we're not.
Speaker 4: Because we are what you said earlier, Yeah, fat lazy content. We just been dominant for so long. We just don't think anybody could actually touch us. We're going to find out. I think maybe over confident is the best.
Speaker 2: This confident is the best as the best.
Speaker 4: We're uh, we're Mike Tyson thinking nobody could possibly possibly be this. At some point we're gonna be crawling around on the canvas looking for our.
Speaker 1: Mouthpiece, which is unfortunately and our trainer is trying to tell us. Our trainer being us in this case. Hey, this guy's got a wicked left. You've got to watch out for it. I'll be fine. And you haven't been training me about his left. You haven't been training quite the way you used to be.
Speaker 2: I'll be fine. My pigtons been feeding my pigeons. I don't know why I had.
Speaker 4: To bring in his pigeons and use his lisp. I don't know why I needed to do.
Speaker 2: That, because he's such a colorful character he is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, that story'll be around for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 1: Us versus China, it's all about the grass of OFV doctrine, Jack, And just scroll down a little further. What the grass and OFV doctrine that blends us so often hard power to achieve victory without fighting Russia? The Soviet Union than Russia has been trying to do this sort of thing for ages, but China's way way better about it, way more sophisticated.
Speaker 2: Yipes.
Speaker 4: Do you have any opinion on US giving Trump saying he'll give twenty billion dollars to Argentina if they re elect Malay, but won't give him the money if they elect someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's really good because they would squander it if he if it's not Malay in charge.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, who's persuaded? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: That's not us trying to affect an election in the way we're not supposed to or something.
Speaker 1: It clearly is. Yeah, yeah, we want that guy, not the other guy. Yeah, yeah, I'm not worried about that. I'm more worried about the Argentinian people and the fact that they could be a great and prosperous ally in our hemisphere. And I was persuaded by an article I read in the Wall Street Journal a monetary guy speaking of technical jargon, but he was saying, no, you don't do it this way. You've got to dollarize Argentina. You got to get rid of their their local currency and just do trade in dollars. That will stabilize the economy, because Malay has got the the inflation down to I think now thirty percent, which is a miraculously low number.
Speaker 2: For urgent in the last decade. How do you live in a society like that? How do things even work? You take big bricks of cash to the store. It's ridiculous. Wow, in.
Speaker 4: Unimportant news. Here's a book I won't read, but he'll probably make the rounds Kevin Federline. Does that name ring a bill bell for anyone? Britney Spears' ex husband and baby daddy anyway, But we used to.
Speaker 1: Make mild fun of But then in the infamous Britney Spears some people may be ahead of us video, it became clear that he was the bright one.
Speaker 4: I think he is, and he is the one kind of holding things together and trying to take care of the kids. And he's got a new memoir out in which he explains that the decision to release her from her conservative conservatorship was a bad idea. He's a great He's making the argument in his memoir that she's not capable of being a mom or taking care of herself.
Speaker 2: And but that's kind of interesting. I doubt I'm ever going to read it. I might listen to a short interview with him, though, Do we have a title?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking towing the fetter line or I'm trying to come up with a Brittany a Brittany related title.
Speaker 2: Oops, she did it again. My life with Britney spears and go we have a winner.
Speaker 4: I walk into the kitchen and there she is, half naked dancing with knives, posting on Instagram while I'm trying to get the kids to bed.
Speaker 2: Oh honey, honey, again with the knives.
Speaker 4: Oh oh boy. I want to get into some of the antifa ice stuff. Those battles continue to go on in cities all across America. That's a complicated issue too. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: High Speed Chase ends on Chicago's Southeast Side. After Border Patrol agents locate to Venezuelans they say are in the US illegally. The suspect allegedly rammed a Border Patrol vehicle and attempted to flee the scene. They were eventually stopped, but as an angry mob formed and threw objects at agents, crowd control measures like tear gas were deployed. Meantime, across the border, DHS as Mexican criminal gangs are placing bouties on the heads of federal law enforcement in coordination with domestic extremist.
Speaker 1: Groups, including Antifa, which we'll get to in a moment or two. The chaos right there at the edge of Chicago that's really emerged.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the.
Speaker 1: Hotbed of the crazy is Portland, Sorry, move aside, Chicago's on stage now. Mike Tobin of Fox News continues his report.
Speaker 6: Protests turn to riots almost every weekend in broadview, and the Illinois governor threatens prosecution of ice in border patrol agents.
Speaker 2: The tables will turn someday.
Speaker 7: Maybe they're not going to get prosecuted today, although we're looking at doing that, but they may get prosecuted after the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: You're getting prosecuted for what I miss that. Play that again, Michael.
Speaker 6: Protests turn to riots almost every weekend in broadview, and the Illinois governor threatens prosecution of ice in border patrol agents.
Speaker 2: The tables will turn someday.
Speaker 7: Maybe they're not going to get prosecuted today, although we're looking at doing that, but they may get prosecuted after the.
Speaker 1: Trump administration, you're going to bring state charges against federal officers for doing their.
Speaker 2: Jobs, doing their jobs in a way you don't approve of.
Speaker 4: But I assume his goal was there to send a chill wind through the halls of the Ice Agency to where agents think.
Speaker 2: I don't want to deal with that. This sucks. Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 1: I think more it's just him trying to out Gavin Newsom Gavin Newsom and show himself to be the great battler against Trump. I guess the next clip Michael seventy two.
Speaker 6: Two hundred Texas National Guardsmen are now stuck in a training facility southwest of the city as a federal appeals court ruled they cannot patrol where the governor does not want them, prompting President Trump to threaten using the Insurrection Act to override both the court and Governor.
Speaker 3: Pritchger, I think he should beg for help because he's running a bad operation and whatever you mentioned insurrection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm tired of that. It's I mean, the left trying to make January sixth.
Speaker 2: It was a riot.
Speaker 1: It was ugly, it was bad, it was highly regrettable, but calling everything an insurrection all the time on both sides.
Speaker 2: Not every riot is an insurrection.
Speaker 4: Well, and Trump threatens that stuff because he gets the media to jump and talk about it on a panel segment on cn N or MSNBC for eight hours every day, and then he doesn't do it so far, so far he is abided by whatever judge rulings come down.
Speaker 2: Right. Indeed, so Pam Bondi was making the rounds.
Speaker 1: She was talking to Hannity and addressed the situation seventy four.
Speaker 8: Michael, you know how many missing children we found in Memphis? Of forty four, finding one missing child makes it all worthwhile. Abducted children who are on their own, all under the age of eighteen, teenagers and younger. Forty four missing children. Some have been taken by non custodial parents, but forty four have been recovered.
Speaker 2: And then you take that to Chicago.
Speaker 8: They had five hundred and seventy one homicides last year. Pritsker should be begging Donald Trump to come in. Pritzker's lost his mind.
Speaker 4: That's both Hannity and Pambondy tipping their caps to the crowd out there, because I know some of you who your number one issue is the three hundred thousand children being trafficked by Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama's actually a man, and Pizzagate and all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff. That's well, that was.
Speaker 1: Interesting, interesting, well, and then she talks about why don't we she talks about Antifa, but before we do that, they played a little montage of Democrats.
Speaker 2: Seventy six. Michael, there's no Antifa. This is an entirely imaginary organization.
Speaker 3: There is not an Antifa, and it's all in this guise of going after Antifa, which is nothing. There's no organization called Antifa.
Speaker 1: I hope he can first define what Antifa is because there is no Antifa organization.
Speaker 7: There really is no and as an institution organization.
Speaker 1: That is such an odd dodge. I heard a great comparison. I can't remember what it was. Oh goodness, it was so good. Another organization that doesn't have a great deal of central control.
Speaker 2: But to deny they exist is ludicrous. Anyway. Seventy five is Pambondi talking about Antifa.
Speaker 8: It would be organized crime, and that's what they're doing, and you're watching it in Portland. Portland really is the prime example. And President Trump just had so many of the influencers whose lives were threatened, who were Caitlin, the beautiful blonde woman who had the black eye from an Antifa member. They're threatening them online with violent acts.
Speaker 2: It's organized crime.
Speaker 8: They're at all of these events, they're encouraging violence. They're calling everyone fascist. But it's more than that. It's hurting the American people. And that's why they're no different than MS thirteen or any gang out there.
Speaker 1: Well, are kind of different, but yeah, they absolutely exist. And again that's such a weird dodge. They don't have any central organization. They know they don't exist well.
Speaker 4: And as I heard on NPR just a week ago, and to the extent that they do exist, ANTIFA stands for anti fascists.
Speaker 2: They're anti fascists. Ah, it's like being an anti racist. It must be good.
Speaker 1: It can't possibly be just a mask that Marxists swear to try to tear down civilization. Which seriously, if you spend thirty seconds looking into it, it becomes obvious and clear. But anyway, chaos, chaos, that's the way you wrap it up. Anyway, chaos, Right, Well, what else are you going to say? The ongoing chaos in multiple cities around the country. Is the immigration thing is still a roiling Americans?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I wish we had a Congress because then they could pass a law, but we don't.
Speaker 2: Yess, Jack, what are you excited about?
Speaker 4: I had been talking on the about my prune intake, yes, as advised by my doctor, because I was all stove up.
Speaker 2: My system wasn't.
Speaker 4: Working right, and my doctor said, I have two prunes every day and if that doesn't work at it, just keep adding in a prune every day until you get to the right amount. Anyway, I talked about that openly on the air, and California Prunes heard us talking about that, and we are I think, going to start working with California Prunes and endorsing.
Speaker 2: Their very product.
Speaker 4: It is a fine fruit and I'm looking forward to it. And I've had this conversation with my son and some of the salespeople involved. I don't know where the prune, the Humble Prune got the reputation it has. I was talking with our sales girl, Michelle the other day. She had the same experience as me, is that she grew up her grandma always had prunes around and so you get in your head that it's like some sort of weird old person's food, but it's just it's just slightly different than a raisin. Nobody has any like judgments about raisins.
Speaker 2: Prunes are the same.
Speaker 4: Thing, all right, And so I don't know where that came from. Because it, in addition to being a fine fruit, helps your you know, system work the way it's supposed to. It got labeled as like, I don't know, like a medicine fruit or something.
Speaker 1: Well, when people say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, that's specifically what that old saying refers to, right digestive system.
Speaker 4: But people don't turn away from apples because it's something old people to take because they can poop the way they do it prunes, And I'm not exactly sure, and I want to bring back prunes. We're here to stand up for prune exactly.
Speaker 1: They're in the face of this fruitist criticism makes fruitism.
Speaker 4: And California Prunes send us a bunch of stuff, a hat and some stuff to just they they appreciated us talking about it and trying to, you know, shine.
Speaker 1: The light on the wonders of the humble prune it's my go to dog walking hat now.
Speaker 4: But we've been eating them at home and really and John and I'll tell you what it works. And for again, for me, the numbers between four and five daily. Yeah, and then I'm regular. Is the is the trains?
Speaker 1: Well, I you know, I I said at the time when you were your doctor said start with two.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they're not hand grenades, they're prunes. Have a handful of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't overshoot, and uh, it'll be fine, but I do have a big book to read.
Speaker 2: But well, do you mean it'll be fine. You'll spend the day.
Speaker 4: You'll you'll spend an entire day of your life staring at the walls.
Speaker 1: You won't no, no, and this is not that was not a great angle to take some days if you overdo it. You don't want to overdo anything, Jack moderation.
Speaker 4: Well, four or five a day, that's quite a few if everybody did that, Think how much money they would break in there at California prune. If everybody is taken four to five prudes a.
Speaker 1: Day, and everybody would be happier, Yes, exactly, it would be a happier, healthier country.
Speaker 4: And again, as regular as Southwest Airlines. Sometimes there's a delay.
Speaker 2: But you know what a brief delay exactly? Okay, well make my connection. We will finish strong.
Speaker 9: Next Arby's is releasing their new first of his kind steak nuggets that they claim are an easy to eat way to have steaks with no knife needed and forked optional. Arby's has liberated us from the tyranny of utensils. We are finally free to eat our meat as God intended in big saucy hunks, with our bare hands hovering over a trash can in the dark.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll try those because I like Arby's, you know, good imagery, but and funny mildly, but I like the idea of a knife and fork free steak.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding. So I started the program today with my question was Who's we? President Trump said yesterday, and it got a lot of a news attention. Hamas needs to disarm. If they don't disarm, we will disarm them, perhaps violently.
Speaker 2: Okay, Who's we? Still waiting to see what the answer to that question? Is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still say it's Israel with our assistance and or full permission to whoop ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where this road goes?
Speaker 1: Nobody knows for sure, but the Free Press that we're big fans of mentioned that many times. They One of the things they do is they will have three or four writers right on more or less the same topic, just taking different looks at it. And it's more than I think most people want to take in generally speaking. But if you are into a topic, it's fantastic. And I just wanted to hit you with a couple of headlines about the peace deal. One by Michael Lauren, who we've cited a handful of times, former ambassador.
Speaker 2: Yeah to the United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he fought a number of their wars. Very decorated military guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So his article is entitled how three real estate moguls ended the war in Gaza. The expert class believed that peace depended on pressuring Israel and appeasing its enemies. Trump and his allies succeeded in rejecting that myth. Specifically, they didn't fall for the truism that, look, you can't even begin to solve this until there's a Palestinian state, right, And Trump and Witkoff and Kushner just said, you know, no, we're gonna do it a different way. And so far, so good. I like this piece by who wrote this, Aaron McLain. Donald Trump gave war a chance and it worked. And he makes the obvious point that rejecting the piecemeal week stupid Biden appeasement and and and Burah and uh and and Barack Obama's you know, I'm slick and I can negotiate anything crap. He brought the team delivered results through pressure, principle and timing. It's a good piece and really makes that point, the idea that it's somehow ugly or untoward for a superpower to flex its muscles in a righteous cause. And you know, I realized one person's righteous cause is not necessarily another's. But the idea that that's somehow shameful and shouldn't be done. Where how did that notion come from? Show me in the history of superpowers? Where one said, you know, we can do all sorts of good stuff, but we're not going to because we don't want to be mean. And then finally VDH Victor Davis Hansen, the genius of Fresno. Fresno, right, Yeah, his piece is Trump's ten moves that changed the Middle East is Middle East policy defied every rule of diplomacy. It also produced results we haven't seen in decades. Maybe we can touch on this one tomorrow because it's so good. He's so damn smart.
Speaker 4: I wonder if maybe the lesson here is if you end up with a really long, ongoing problem intractable is the fancy word, Uh, then maybe that's when you blow up the boxes and try something completely different. Look, this is, you know, whatever your problem is life, This has been going on exactly the same way for so long. Let's try something completely freaking different, right, and or well, it's kind of the same thing. But you know, everybody refers to Gordian knots, you know, intractable problems. But do you forget the end that the guy came along with a sword and he chopped it in half. That's how he untied the ununtiable knot. Sometimes you have to do that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to crack people's heads together to get him to stop fighting.
Speaker 4: You ever tried to make an omelet without breaking some eggs?
Speaker 2: Something egg free omelet?
Speaker 1: Idiot a shell in there, you're trying to chew the shell. It's an excellent point. Let's see what's my favorite of Vdh's points. He talks about Iranian oil income. How important that was. Trump allowed Benjamin Nutt Yahoo to destroy Hamas cripple Hasbola and retaliate it will against the houthis.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Trump allowed note daylight between the US and Israel. Actually there was a little bit, but not in a significant way. He cites the UH. Well, that's not important. He used the Abraham Accords, the tariffs. Trump and carrot and stick fashion promised a defense protection packed with Qatar, the proverbial, destructive, distrusted wild card of the Middle East. But then he let Israel attack Hamas leadership in cutter and said, I think we all get the point.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna work together or no?
Speaker 4: A number of people have pointed out that the pro Hamas, it would seem college crowd that was so worked up about the genocide and everything like that, don't seem to be celebrating like you'd think they would be with the end of the so called genocide.
Speaker 1: They were calling for a ceasefire every day. Now there is one, they got nothing to say. They're unhappy. The Palestinian people have been forced to submit. There's no states. Still we're still angry. All right, Yeah, there's such liars. Let's get into that more tomorrow. Here's my favorite thought from VDH. Trump dealt with enemies, allies and neutrals from a position of strength, comparative advantage, and national ascendants. Unlike the appeasing and anemic Joe Biden ears or the apologetics of Barack Obama, the successful Complex bombing and the Ranian nuclear facilities, past elimination of Solimani and the ISIS founder Alt bag Daddy ensured Trump was seen as more serious than either Obama or Biden ever were.
Speaker 2: No doubt here, You're a holster. Final thoughts, Joe Getty, I'm gonna jump the queue.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get a final thought from everybody to wrap up the show for the day. The guy who did that theme we just played worked hard on it and it's great and it's brilliant, and now I can do it in forty five seconds with AI.
Speaker 2: That's not better. I don't think it's a better world. But what are you gonna do? All right, Michael Aangelo, what's your final thought? My final thought is also AI related.
Speaker 1: The fact that chat GPT is now gonna have adult material is the end.
Speaker 2: The end. We've announced the end.
Speaker 1: People, We're all gonna end up in some sort of porn video whether we like it or not. It's fine if somebody wants to make a porn to me, go ahead. Katie Greener, esteemed Newswoman, has a final thought.
Speaker 4: Katie, my final thought and my forever way of ending a conversation is from here on out going to be anyway chaos exactly.
Speaker 2: Chaos Jack a final thought.
Speaker 4: We're talking about making an omelet and egg. So I was my son was making eggs every morning. I mentioned this ye other, and he keeps getting shelves in his eggs, and he wanted to see me do it. So I did it Saturday morning and I cracked and he said.
Speaker 2: How did you do that? That was perfect?
Speaker 4: And I said, I have probably cracked eight thousand eggs in my life.
Speaker 2: How many have viewed six? That's why you just got to keep practicing. And that is true for a lot of things in life.
Speaker 1: Experience. Life experience, they matter a lot. You get better at things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, and you know things you didn't know. You didn't know.
Speaker 4: Boy, you got to tell teenagers that all the time, you do not know everything. Armstrong in Geddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people.
Speaker 1: Thanks so a little time. Good Armstrong in geddy dot com for the hot links. Pick out some ag swag for your favorite Armstrong and Getdy fan. Maybe it's you yourself.
Speaker 2: Christmas is coming fast.
Speaker 4: Yep uh, what a great plan to have something with Armstrong and Getty on it. Well, see you tomorrow, God bless America.
Speaker 2: She's a seating ball of hatred. Get the out of my shop.
Speaker 1: She looks like an angry hormunculus.
Speaker 4: She's the best water carrier for the California Dims, and.
Speaker 6: She has inklings of being President Katie Porter, they're not so charming candidate for governor.
Speaker 2: Get them out of my shot. Armstrong and Getty