Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty arm Strong, and Jattie and he Armstrong and Eddy following up on a couple of things before we get to clips of the week. I mentioned last hour how I was a well. First of all, we played the clip of the woman who has set the Guinness Book of Work records for having the biggest mouth. So congratulations all the things that she can shove in her mouth, ge Wi, nice job. And how I was obsessed with getting in the Guinness Book and I tried all kinds of different things to get in. And my mom, how my mom went along with it all, which was very nice for I've never I have no memory of my dad being involved. He probably was. He had to be just thinking I was never gonna make it in the world. He was like, well, there's my son and getting into bed with his roller skates. Right. I'll bet he did think that it's like Hank Hill and King of the Hill. That boy ain't right. He couldn't have been pleased.
Speaker 2: Looking at your wife or at your mom, going you're really gonna slide him eggs.
Speaker 1: Box house because he wants to set a Guinness record. Yeah, that is God bless your mom. I'll have to ask him about that at some point. Oh, circus, I wanted to be like a circus performer. I made a tight rope in the backyard between two trees, got a long pole. I worked on that. Juggling. Just yeah, I just I did juggling. It was so fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the set a record page for the Guinness Book of World Records. Two of the ones that they need filled most mandarin orange is peeled in one minute, okay, and fastest time to lace a pair of shoes. I feel like you could possibly do either one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty good at that second one. I don't know if I'm the fastest in the world, okay. And the the other thing. I got a question about the story that's insignificant but getting a fair amount of attention because it involves the band Weezer, but the bass player for Weezer's wife charged with attempted murder lapd shotter that whole thing. Got a question about that. But we need to do this first because it's I know it's a fan favorite. It's every week we do this on a Friday, we take a look back at the week that was, the week of shows. We call it cow. It's clips of the week. The Silent Riot has begun. Clean to shug pot.
Speaker 3: The clips of the biotech company Colossal Biosciences says it brought the extinct dire wolf back to life, a species that hasn't walked the earth since the Stone Age.
Speaker 1: That's it, black top Sure.
Speaker 3: On Saturday, protesters took to the streets in city all across the country, speaking out against the Trump administration's moves.
Speaker 1: The silent Riot has begun. We don't pick a guy we are. You can't pay us enough to find a plantation. May it please the Court?
Speaker 4: I come here today a humble proceeds for a panel of five distinguished justices.
Speaker 1: Is this hold on? Is that counsel for the case standard? ELAW's a car manufacturer, but he's not a car manufacturer, He's a car assembler.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk calling President Trump's top trade advisor dumber than a sack of bricks.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, these countries are calling this up, kissing my ass. There's no postponing. They are definitely against paying place. But now it's our turn to do the ripping the S and P five hundred losing more than five trillion dollars in value in just two days. Whose throat do I get to choke if this proves to be wrong. I know what the hell I'm doing. I know what I'm doing, and you know what I'm doing too. The President announces he's putting a ninety day pause on most of his tariff. It's the bond market. Those markets weren't imploding last night.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought that people were jumping a little bit out of line.
Speaker 1: They were getting yippie. You know, the bond market right now is beautiful. Any of you in the media clearly missed the art of the deal. This was his strategy.
Speaker 5: All spacing off and daydreaming is incredibly important as a sleep Hope you are well or all the art, strong and getty.
Speaker 1: That was my embarrassing meltdown yesterday. I got to the end of a sentence and I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth. For some reason. I'm hoping I don't repeat that anytime soon, or I probably have some sort of neurological disease that will kill me. We did this story yesterday and it got a fair amount of attention. I saw it was on the ABC Evening News last two nights that I watched the bass player from the band Weezer, which I like, his wife charged with attempted murder. So short version of the story, there's a high speed chase in LA. Got nothing to do with Weezer or twenty one Pilots or any other band from that era. It's a high speed chase, car crashes, three suspects run through a neighborhood that happens to be a neighborhood where the guy from Weezer lives. One funny thing about the guy, one of the guys who ran from the car is he hopped a fence into the backyard of some fancy house, strips down to his boxer shorts, grabs a hose, and starts walking around watering plants. Did you see the video of it? I did pretty clever. Actually, I was going to say that was not the worst idea. No, I'm surprised he got caught because he just very nonchalantly walks around watering plants. So you know, if the cops would peek over say yeah, yeah, oh, what's going on, officers, I'm just watering these shrubs, but somehow they knew he was one of the guys they were looking for, and he got arrested. Not quite clear on this. I've read a number of reports, including TMZ on how the Weezer household became aware of what was going on. But apparently Missus Weezer I don't remember the bass player's name, it doesn't matter. Missus Weezer became aware that there was some sort of criminal activity in your neighborhood. She's a gun enthusiast, which I now know, we now know owns guns. There's lots of videos of our online at the gun range practicing shooting her gun. She comes out of the house with a gun in her hand. Well, I think three. A lot of these numbers keep changing. I don't know why the details aren't better because they have body cameras on. But anyway, it looked like there were three. Lad Come around the corner. There's a woman in a driveway with a gun. They yell at her to drop the weapon. They yell at her several times to drop the weapon. She doesn't drop the weapon. Yesterday TMZ was reporting it is unclear whether she fired the weapon. Last night, on ABC News, the reporting was she turns, she points the weapon at the cops and fires her weapon.
Speaker 2: Which is amazing because usually you don't even get that far.
Speaker 1: No, no, there, you got a gun in your hand and they're yelling at you to drop it. As soon as you start to bring it up. You got like ten holes in you. Yeah, So this is a part of the story. Don't get And I'm not trying to claim anything bad happen, But why didn't the thing we all expect to happen happen? Why is she not full of holes? She got shot but barely wounded. She goes into the house, hangs out with the babysitter for a while, has a conversation. She and the babysitter come out, and that's why you've seen the video off of her being told to get down on your knees, lay down on the ground, become and arrest her, that sort of thing. So she was that lightly wounded. She took one bullet to the shoulder. But how was she not dead within seconds of being filled full of holes? Was that on purpose? And if so, why did she get different treatment than like the guy that gets shot because he's got a cell phone in his hand and doesn't understand English. I mean, we've seen all these horrifying accidents. Not blaming the cops here, just I don't understand why she isn't dead. And did they miss? Like, are they really bad shots? Did they panic? Did they not follow their own training? And actually not? Did they not all unload on her? Oh that's usually what happens.
Speaker 2: I'll be really interested because the stuff we've seen so far is just the before and after. We haven't actually seen this take place, and I'll be interested to hear how many shots were actually fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not claiming. I'm not trying to make a scandal out of this. It just doesn't fit everything we know about these scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the fact that she was hit once in the shoulder after pointing a firearm at three police officers, I'm kind of thinking it's time for a trip to the range for some practice shooting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my first guess, But I actually don't know what happened. But yeah, if you've got a gun in your hand and there are multiple cops there, they've got their guns out and pointed at you, and they are trained well enough, and they're not trained to lay. It's not like an old Western they're not trained to shoot you in the hand, so you drop the gun. They need to eliminate the threat, which usually means because I took some gun training from law enforcement for some fun a couple of years ago, sent her a mass and the threat. So they all had their guns out, I assume, pointed right at her chest. Expert marksman guns pointed at her chest. She raises the gun and fires at them and one bullet barely gets her. What happened there? Somebody needs to explain this story. Yeah, there's more, and I'll bet this is going to be used next time there is a person of color shot who didn't have it coming, you know, And these are very tough situations cops end up with and end up in with split second decisions and lives on the line. But the next time you have one of those, you know, it was a cell phone, it wasn't a gun, or is a toy gun or whatever it was, you know, one of those stories, this is going to be used as Okay, So if it's a white woman, he's rich, she gets shot in the shoulder and gets to walk back in the house and you let her surrender. If it's a black guy, spanic guy. Whatever you're gonna whatever the situation is going to be, you kill you know that's gonna come up. Because this is weird. I don't know what happened. The thing doesn't make any sense. It does not. But you say the bass player from Weezer is going to play at Coachella this weekend.
Speaker 2: No, the band is confirmed, but they have not They don't know if.
Speaker 1: The husband will be there. Well, you got to have a bass player, So maybe you get a bass player who's wife doesn't shoot at LAPD. That would be a nice option. Uh, sorry, guys, I can't. I'd like to be there. I know we're supposed to play. Gonna be a good gig. But my wife is being charged with attempted murder of a cop, which is a heck of a charge. How did that happen? She some hit and run she wasn't involved in. She went outside. I don't know, right, Yeah, no kidding. What a weird roundabout situation? Yeah? Uh, if you think you know any well, first of all, if you heard anything different than we have, or if you think I've got an explanation, maybe your former cop and it makes sense to you, Sure doesn't make sense to us give us a text four one five two nine five KFTC. I just reached out to somebody who would be super knowledgeable at how LAPD did not waste that woman who fired a shot at her the wife of the bass player for Weezer. Something weird going on there, so I might have an answer this hour. I'm thinking there's another thing I wanted to get on before I do this funny deal. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Donald Trump has weighing on daylight saving time. Today he urged congressional action to make it permanent, so we'll see if that actually finally happens. I think we want saving time. Yeah, we want saving time to be permanent, not standard time. And like Joe and I always say, people talk about the downside of this and that, or kids at the bus stop or getting dark, let's try it once and if we decide we don't like it, we'll go back. Right, Let's just try it once. What's wrong with that? There's nothing wrong with trying it once. By the way, I think there are two states that do it. But my parents lived in Arizona for a couple of decades. They don't change their clocks, and everything was fine. There were no dead bodies. People weren't crashing their cars. Nothing caught on fire or all of a sudden getting cancer because they get too much sun or not enough sun or whatever the hell happened. Yeah, nothing got fire. So let's try it once. I hope Trump, with his power, wins the day on this finally. Okay, so this I haven't heard it. I don't know exactly what it is. I sent this to Hansen because I came across it. This is the way it was described by Byron York of The Washington Examiner. He said, this is absolutely astonishing, a totally bonkers interview in which BBZ BBC presenters this is British stuff, interrogate a politician because she hasn't watched a TV show. Okay, let's hear it. Have you watched a Lessons yet? No? No, I haven't.
Speaker 5: I probably won't.
Speaker 6: It's a film on Netflix, and most of my time right now is spent visiting the country.
Speaker 7: It's a part series on Netflix, and everyone is talking about it. It is prompting conversations about toxic masculinity. Smartphone news, young men feeling they're being ignored, the idea of misogyny being increased in school why would you not want to know what people are talking about.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that those are all important issues, and those are issues that I've been talking about for a long time. But in the same way that I don't need to watch Casualty to know what's going on in the NHS, I don't need to watch a specific Netflix drama to understand what's going on. It's a fictional it's a fictional series.
Speaker 4: Do you stand by the thing you just said a moment ago that you're preparing adolescens with casualty these TV programs.
Speaker 1: Did you really mean to say that.
Speaker 6: I'm saying very clearly that my job is not to watch lots of TV.
Speaker 5: My job is to.
Speaker 6: Get out there and make sure that I'm talking about the issues that are happening in the country right now. I have met children who've been victims. I think that that is enough for me to go out there, make policy, look at the resear I but I don't think the right thing is to be deciding who has watched which show and working out whether that means that you are informed. There are many ways for us.
Speaker 7: Since has made more of an impact than any politician as on parents and when it comes to the issue of smartphones and misogyny, and yet you are saying, despite that, you don't need to know about it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I haven't said that.
Speaker 6: I don't need to do I need to watch it. I don't need to watch a specific show to know what is going on in this country.
Speaker 1: So I got it's the whole thing is four minutes long. Executive producer hands and cut it down to that. But that is pretty funny. Their accents make it so much worse.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not going to watch adolescents, it's like this extra judgy.
Speaker 1: No. I know that I know the topic and I agree, but I haven't seen the TV show. You haven't seen the TV show? Are you going to watch a TV show? I'm not. I haven't made any plans to yet. You're not going to watch it? Do you stand by that you haven't made any plans to watch it? What the hell is going on there?
Speaker 2: I've met actual victims. I don't need to watch Netflix.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Wow, that is really something could as to her for keeping her cool. I would have smacked somebody. I would have been looking around like is this real? This is a joke? What are you people at Kutcher who's punking me. That is funny. It is a totally bonkers interview in which BBC presenters interrogated politician because she hasn't watched some TV show.
Speaker 2: If you go to an Armstrong and Getty dot com and click on Katie's corner, I have the video in full up there and it doesn't get any better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I must say, I actually want to watch the whole thing now. Yeah, it's on our website. I was watching the Twitter link of it. It sounds like an old Monty Python skit. It really does. It is hilarious. Wow, these these anchors are Hollywood elite, like our Hollywood elite, utterly clueless. I would say, wow, that was funny. I got a comment and question for parents coming up. A couple of interesting things that we'll get into in the last half hour of the week. Actually, if you miss a segment or now you can get the podcast, you should subscribe. It's easiest way, so it's fed into you every single day. Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: We're Strong and Getdy.
Speaker 1: We don't like people who e fake meat. According to a news study. Get to that in just a little bit. But from first this, Katie, what are we about to hear. So this is from Canada. A guy who runs the account uh Toronto tiede and I didn't know this, but there's an an accent in Toronto, Canada doesn't sound Canadian at all. But the kids are also using slang. And I guarantee you you're not going to understand a word of this line. So you know what that Katy's the Denons. I would never deal with the Desnons. You're fam. My favorite slang is Gerbert fam because it just bear Gerbert. My favorite Toronto slang where it has to be desk. Oh yeah, that's like that's that's that your way? Sam? What does that mean? Smith's that could dust when I get as So you're just go, are you?
Speaker 3: Sam?
Speaker 1: That's just so you caught it. The guys that are wiz you saign out knowing you know to too is my word family. It's that Toronto accent firm. Who else has the cool swag? I say on the cool things like miss Keane, wis you Gerberry Lake? Y'all like what miskeans? If y'all hating on it? It's just interesting. It's got a bit of a Louisiana creole thing, which probably where's the French comes from? Because that's what that is down in Louisiana. It's French. And I didn't know that. I've spent one day, one afternoon total in Toronto in my life. I didn't know there was an accent like that. I have no idea, but it's it's gone.
Speaker 2: It's taken off enough that it's gone viral recently because they're saying things like your deaths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you're an odd ute, I think is what wasn't there. I've talked about how my son's high school words they change, like as soon as I catch on to them and start using them, he mocks me for them being nobody says that anymore, Dad. So you can't keep up with the teenagers and their slang. It's totally social media's fault, by the way. Yeah, well, yeah, there have been some studies talk about how it's way faster than it used to be. It's always been true that teenagers have slang, and it changed over time because you have to reflect the fact that we're the new young crowd. But it's never spent. It's never been at this speed before. So now words come and go within one calendar year, like we probably had the same slang all through entire high school. It doesn't even make it a whole year now. I remember when my junior class discovered the word gnarly fantastic. Yeah, so our executive producer, Hansen, he asked me if it would be our if he left early. He wanted to go catch his daughter do some singing thing at school, and I said, yeah, of course. Cool. And as a parent myself, I was telling him and his kids are just a couple of years younger than mine. But I said, man, one thing. I mean, even though I know it, even though I was told it ahead of time, even though I'm living it now, the whole they grow up fast thing. It's just astonishing and how various eras of childhood come and go and you don't. It's so taxing being a parent while you're in it that once it's gone, you realize it's never coming back again. And you know that's a bittersweet. I guess you're glad that they're growing and moving on, but you miss it like reading to my kids every night, you know, it was I loved it. It was fantastic, but it was a lot of work and doing it every night and everything like that. But then one of them says, you know, you don't really need to read with me anymore because it's getting They just feel it. It's weird. And then then depending on how many kids you have, when the last kid says you don't need to read with me anymore, you realize I'm probably never gonna read to a kid in bed ever again. In my wife and here it's dominated my life for the last several years, and I'm never gonna do this again. It's it's quite shocking. And I've got that going on tomorrow. We got a big parade in my town that happens every single year, and I've been taking my thirteen year old and my fifteen year old. We've all gone together every year since they were babies, and nice taking them carrying them. But then we'd go go in there little and get on, you know again, drink a milkshake or something. We'd sit on the curb and I'd get some coffee and way to watch the parade. And then it's gone through years and neither one of them want to go with me now, And you know, obviously true, my oldest son's fifteen. I'm surprised you went last year when I was fifteen, Was I going to parades with my dad? Freak No, I mean they couldn't imagine it. Well, first of oz, I had a job. I had a job, and I was working. I would have been at work that day. That's one of the problems is that that has changed in my lifetime, where you could go out and get a job starting at like twelve, and now they've passed all these laws. Some of you weirdos think it's good that kids can't work until they're sixteen. Anytime you argue for lowering that age, weirdos on the left talk about exploiting children or whatever. My kids have been wanting a job for years. They hate the fact that they can't have a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the things that blows my mind because I was the same way. I could not wait to work. Why the arey I couldn't you wait to work? I just wanted to make my own money. And yes, you work a cash register and learn how to work with people, and I just wanted to make my own cash and that was the gist of it. But now, I mean, I hear more and more of kids that don't want to.
Speaker 1: Work at all. Well, I don't know about that. I know my kids do. Yes, Michael, I still remember the excitement to give me my first paycheck. Actually, yeah, I had the company name on it.
Speaker 7: In the money.
Speaker 1: The money is what drove me. Yeah, I remember when I started, when I started asking my dad. I was mowing lawns for a couple of years and I wanted to work at the feedb loots and I'd ask him, did you ask somebody today did you look at it? Because I couldn't wait to And it was a grueling job that I did for or four years, all day, every day in the summer. But I wanted my own money. And then when I was a sophomore in high school, I bought my own brand new motorcycle. It was the coolest motorcycle in town and I bought it with my money from my job. It was fantastic. Yeah, my kids really, they can't wait. My son is fifteen in a quarter. Because at fifteen and a half you can do some things, and at sixteen you can get a job. But they can't wait to work. I can't believe there are laws in place that want you hear all about this shortage of labor at various places. There are kids out there that want the jobs. Let them do it. You're not exploiting, you're not ex exploiting someone if they want to do it. It's crazy. Yeah, I'm not get off on that.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: It was the point that, Yeah, they do grow up so fast and those errors change so fast. And of course they don't want to go to the parade with me. Of course they don't want to do They want to hang out with their friends. And I just got to get used to that. It's weird. I had a Friday night a while back where they were both with their friends. I was like, huh, so we're not doing family movie night. We're not hanging out. We're not gonna go shoot baskets. We're not. I'm here by myself and they're doing things with their friends. We'll all be damned. Is this the rest of my life? Will be soon enough? I guess, as Joe says, we're not needed anymore once you've raised your children. And I haven't raised my children yet. There are thirteen fifteen. I got a ways to go. But once you once your kids, when they leave the home, nature has no use for you anymore. You're you're you're taking up space on earth, and it is absolutely true. No not. You've done your part. You pro created, you raised them to the point that they can procreate. You're supposed to die. I am thirty six years old.
Speaker 2: I still very much need both of my parents, just because life wouldn't be right without the minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I realized that some of you listening are saying, yeah, my kids are twenty six and twenty eight and they're stolen my basement. I realized that is the case with some of you. I just try to recognize how fast it does go. That's why, like, of course I'm okay with Anson going to see his daughter sin because it goes by so fast. Because my brother joined the military, so like a week after he graduated high school, he was gone and never came back. And I worked that summer afterwards, but then I went off and I never came back. And so my son is fifteen and a half. I might have what two more summers, three more s and then he's gone forever. God, it's amazing how fast it happens. And he'll need dad for the rest of your life. Yeah, but need and want me to die off so they can have my stuff. That's what they would You stop it. God, you do have a pretty good TV. Well, yeah, like whenever I do anything dangerous one of Moyce's can I have your watch? Which one? Because you wear too? I found out the other day. It's true. I do wear to watches each We will finish strong next day or strong.
Speaker 4: Police chasing a stolen U haul in Santa Fe, New Mexico, but he finally stopped. Officers could hear a couple banging and yelling for help from inside the back of that U haul. That's them pounding. The suspect was then arrested. Authority say the couple had rented the U haul they.
Speaker 1: Were in the back was stolen. That's crazy. Uh so the thieves closed the door on them, because you don't. You're not in any uta U haul in the back with the door closed. Maybe they were getting busy. That could be you. Yeah, yeah, one serious thing before I do two silly things in this final segment of the week. Regardless of what your feelings are in the whole war in Ukraine, whether or not, and how much you feel like we should support be supporting Ukraine against Russia, Vladimir Putin's one of the worst people on earth. Russia was the aggressor. They caused all this and they're still horrible anyway, Zelenski tweeted out today, I'm in the Dnipro region of Ukraine. I honored the memory of those killed by a Russian ballistic missile strike. It's amazing how much how little news this war is getting because the tariffs and all the other things are going on. A ballistic missile stripe, that's a big deal. One week ago, nineteen people were killed by a Russian missile, including nine children. I'm in a shelter at the very school where those children are hiding, when they're hiding when the attack started. Nineteen people dead, nine kids. Ballistic missile attack on a school. Russia is they are the bad guy. Putin's a bad guy. So that's the end of that. So I sent to a colleague in the radio industry that story about the subway in New York. This is from the New York Times. Somebody died on the subway. Somebody else gets on the subway, sees a dead body, robs them, then has sex with them. Yeah, isn't that crazy. So I sent that story to somebody. They sent this back to me. This is a real story. Also, this is from the New Scientist, a real science magazine. This is not for the queasy or the children. And obviously the anus may have evolved from a whole originally used to release sperm. According to the New Scientist magazine, the long standing question of how animals came to have an anus. I didn't realize that was a long standing question in the scientific community among people who study the buthelet of various beasts. The long standing question of how animals came to have an anis may have been solved by studies in which genes are active during development various animals. So there you go, the anis, it says here. This is in the New Scientists. The anis is a wildly successful innovation. I would say, so, yeah, thank you Nature. It works pretty well. Yeah, team anus most of the most of the time, it works pretty well. It really does. Huh huh well. And as this researcher from the University of Jena in Germany said, once a hole is there, you can use it for other things. A lot of people have noticed. We're on in San Francisco for ins. Okay, that's that story. I am laughing at that like a fourteen year old boy. Yeah, no kidding. I'll move on from that story. New study about people who eat plant based meat. This would be your impossible burgers. Is that right? Is it impossible burger plant based or is that grown? I don't know if it's it's that's fake meat tastes good though we not good for you, but it tastes good. We tend to not like those people. It's interesting according to new study, and I would imagine that they're doing this study to try to figure out why it's not catching on the way they were hoping. It's it's kind of like people that have a negative view of because I get this, people have a negative view of people who drive electric cars. You just have you just I assume that I have an electric vehicle, and I assume that if you drive an electric car, there's a whole bunch of things that goes with that package that I'm not gonna like. Yeah. Yeah, I make that assumption all the time, even though I have one. Yeah. Most people don't admit it publicly, but they're secretly judging that coworker who brought a plant based burger to the company. Picnic. Oh, you brought it to the company picnic Yeah, I am judging you. A new study reveals that consumers of meat alternatives face complex social stigma. Even the supermarket shells fill with more plant based options than ever before. Yeah, I think that's overstating it. Yeah, there's one tiny little part of my grocery store that has a few options, and nobody seems to be buying them. Have you ever tried the fake cheese?
Speaker 2: Noo boy, it's an interesting texture, flavor, all of it. You.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Researchers found that people who choose plant based proteins over traditional meat are seen as both admirable and contemptible. Admirable, yeah, because I can see, Okay, you're into health and the environments. I like, that's kind of cool, but I don't like you. And that is exactly what it is. Respect respected for their environmental and health consciousness, but also frequently met with negative emotions, including anger, social exclusion, and fear. I don't think I'm afraid of you now, but yeah, anger and social exclusion, that is. That is an interesting combo on one, and that's kind of cool. You're so dedicated to, like, you know, being healthy, and you probably work out a lot and everything like that, and stay away from me. I have all of those feelings at the same time. I think that's perfectly said. Yeah, I respect your decision, but I don't like you. But I don't I don't want to hang around you. Well, and that electric car you're driving probably is cheaper to run, probably easier to park, and I don't like you. Right, all goes together, right, That is something I'm not surprised that they studied this and they're trying to nail this down because they're gonna have to overcome that. To get electric cars to ever take off, or to get a plant based meat to ever take off, you're gonna have to overcome that natural tendency. We all have to think. Those people are a pain in the ass. Now.
Speaker 2: I would love I would love to be able to be a vegetarian because I think cows and pigs and all, I think they're adorable. I can't do it, so I respect it, but you know, don't beat the high maintenance like ooh.
Speaker 1: I have known tuned vegetarians in my life that both started eating meat again because they started feeling weak and the doctor told him you're not getting enough iron, you need to eat some meat.
Speaker 2: They're like hukay had I had dinner with a dear friend who's a vegetarian actually two days ago, and his wife graciously made chicken because she knows Drew and Iron Connorforce. So and he picked up a piece of the chicken and he brought it to his nose and he looked over at me and he goes, I can smell the death.
Speaker 1: And I went, okay, stop there, I can smell the death. Fantastic. Hey kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty. Here's your host for final thoughts. Me let's get a final thought for I never can remember what we technical director. That's what we call you, our technical director. Michael Angelo. Well, tomorrow I turned fifty. Do you really I do? Oh wow? So aa birthday?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, but it means aarp walk in tubs.
Speaker 1: Matt Locke reruns here. Ike, how old were you when you first started working on the show? Twenty five? You were twenty five. You're like a kid when you started working on the show. Now you're I remember you know Pat Walsh, our friend Pat Walsh. He brought this up to me when I turned fifty. He said, do you remember years ago? Jack saying, when you're fifty year old? No, matter what anybody says, you're filing your fifty year old. And I do remember saying that to him when I was like thirty five. So I don't know if you feel that way, but I think it's true. Yeah, it's a big one. Yeah, all right, here's a final thought from Katie Green. Well, first of all, happy birthday, Michael. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'll get you some Belcrow shoes and jack. Since you are m seeing the dog event, I am wearing my hat that says my dog said, you're a hoe.
Speaker 1: Oh. I I am the MC for a frisbee dog competition yesterday in which there will be many, many thousands of people looking forward. It's going to be a beautiful day. That'll be a lot of fun. I am. I'm supposed to read up on the rules and all that sort of stuff, so I probably should have some idea how the whole thing works. And you will be wearing a cone of shame. Yeah, I'm gonna wear a cone. I think that's funny. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. What a week of news with the tariffs on and off and all that sort of stuff, And probably got another week of that coming up next week. Anyway, if you missed any part of the show you'd like to catch, you can find our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand wherever podcasts are given away. If you need anything else, go to our website Armstrong and Getty dot com. We will see a Monday. God plus America.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty is an untredictable beast.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with you for being like this. I was wondering you know what you felt about that they look like two people that like each other.
Speaker 7: You don't believe that, and listen, come, we'll just leave it there on this Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bye, Bye, a great Friday you Mother, Armstrong and Geddy