Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers.
Speaker 3: In the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Welcome in. It is the Fifth Hour with Ben Mallor and Danny g as we slide into the second day of the month of December. And Danny who knew that the guy that I have mocked his entire career would give me something that I use now on the air. Dak Prescott, who played the other night on Thursday against Seattle. It is I laughed my ass off when I watched the Cowboys play, and I think this is amazing. It's a professional football quarterback and his cadence as he's calling the play at the line of scrimmage in the audible is here we go. And then they snapped the ball. It's not a fake. Here you go. They're announcing to the defense. Here is what we are about.
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 1: It blows me away. It's the funniest thing. I can't get over. It's like high school or Pop Warner football, and it's a Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas f and Cowboys nanny.
Speaker 3: How about that interception from Bland? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, another great And he had been picked on the first half of that game.
Speaker 1: The first game first, the first play, I believe right it was yeah, earned by Metcalf seventy three yards. Thank you everybody. Touchdowns later, goodbye, out of here.
Speaker 3: Do you know Deron Bland is from Modesto, California?
Speaker 1: I did not know that. Where do you go to college?
Speaker 3: Sacramento? And then he transferred to Fresno State?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, he's pretty good? Now? Is he really really good?
Speaker 3: He used to be a wide receiver. Part of it is he thinks like a wide receiver and that's why he gets those really good jumps on the quarterback's throat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he plays the ball like a receiver exactly. Pretty good. Yeah, pretty pretty good? All right, So here I can run a football team. I need to get a center like Jason Kelcey, a quarterback that's got tree trunks for legs like Jalen hurts, just so I can run the tushy pushy, and then I need a defensive back. I'm all my defensive backs will be former wide receivers.
Speaker 3: You'd go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm in good shape. So on this the Saturday pot We've got billable Hours, arts and crafts, the word of the Week, the word of the Week, and word of the week. We'll also have some foody fun as well, so we'll get right into it. And whatever else pops up, why not, so we will start with this. It is the time of the year. Tis the time of the year where the people over at Spotify like send out messages saying, hey, you have.
Speaker 3: Listened to so and so, but yeah, your yearly wrap up.
Speaker 1: The yearly wrap up is absolutely correct. And so I'm not really like a Spotify guy. I have to go on there. If I want to watch the Joe Rogan experience, right, I'd have to go He's on there's this thing. So there's that. And I started getting messages from big fans of the show that were sending me some sent me emails. Some people post this stuff on social media, but there's a lot of billable hours, and I really am I know you feel the same way, Danny. When people send you these things, I mean, it's flattering, it's a major ego boost. It's very cool because we do the show either way, whether or not you listen to the show or not, we do the show. But it's it's actually nice to know that people not only like the show, but then they listen even more and they're real p ones. And a couple of the ones that stood out. Can't close the deal, Neil, a show legend. Can't close the deal, Neil, and he sent me a MESHI. According to Spotify, he listened for twenty four thousand, five hundred and twelve minutes in twenty twenty three. So I did the math on that. That means that, Neil, seventeen full days of twenty four hours. This guy listened to the Ben Mahler Show, which is just crazy, right, absolutely crazy. It can't close the deal, Neil. He no longer works at night, he's a daytime guy, but he still obviously listens to the podcast religiously, So thank you for that. And then a guy named beast Slayer, who I'm not even that familiar with. Beast Slayer. Maybe I know who this is, but I don't recognize the name who. And this guy said, hey, hold my beer to can't close the deal, Neil, And he sent me a screenshot and I reposted this on x He sent me a screenshot of his Spotify page and he is a top one percent fan of the Ben Maler Show. I would say, so, this guy listened to thirty seven, eight and ten minutes of content from the show this year, and we did the math on that twenty six full days, twenty four hours a day for twenty six days.
Speaker 3: Holy.
Speaker 1: That means this gentleman bastlayer really only had eleven months of the year to live his life, because the other month, that's almost a full month of non stop listening to the show.
Speaker 3: Your producers don't even listen to you that closely.
Speaker 1: No, No, I actually had a funny moment this week where that happened. I don't know if I should tell this anything. I'll get in trouble. Coop doesn't listen to this, right, but I want to mount it. I started breaking up the monologue unless there's like a really big story. I used to just do one topic monologue, but as I kind of gets boring and I have attention deficit disorder, so usually what I will do is I'll do three. I'll bounce around at least three. Sometimes I'll do four, kind of mini micro thoughts on in the mount of the monologue on top of the r And the other night I did a rant. Part of the monologue was about the Patriots and Bill O'Brien, and Bill O'Brien came out did the standard bull crap that all coaches do, ranting and raving about how well you know, it's not mac jones fault, I'm the guy, blame me. So I did this rant and Coop sends me a message because he usually gives me a heads up on what's coming up. On the third degree. He says, all right, so here's what I'm going to ask. And it was the Bill O'Brien like, it was about that, And I said, well, Coop, you know I did I just did that. I just did it. I said, were we off the air? And but no, yeah, he's he was working on something so he was not was not listening. But seriously, thanks to everybody, And if you have one of these things you want to send it in, you don't have to be at thirty six thousand hours minutes or whatever. That is. Those are extreme cases from Can't Close the Deal, Neil and The Best Layer. But thank you no matter why, I mean, listen. If you listen one minute, that's well, actually one minute doesn't really help.
Speaker 3: But five minutes or TI five minutes. You got to listen for at least five minutes.
Speaker 1: Hey, give us a good five minutes and we're good to go. You know, we're really good to go. So thank you so much, and it's great. I don't know how much I listen to. I'm not on Spotify, so I don't think any of these other platforms keep track of it. At least I don't recall. So that was the billable hours. We move on. Now it's for the children. You can do anything you want in society. If you say it's for the children, no one can question. It's like COVID right out of an abundance of caution, you say that people can't question it. And in this it's for the children. But this past week in rather Calm had an extra time off Thanksgiving break. I love that. We had a Friday Friday NFL Dolphins and the Jets. Not a good game, but fine, So I had the extra time off catching up on some sleep life zooming me by with all these different jobs. I'm sure you feel the same way, right, Danny. We're working a lot, don't have a lot of downtime, right, always on the move doing something, and you've got the sun. You know, you've got your son CoA. So got a lot going on, no time to burn up the dance floor. But I did have a chance to watch some random college football and NBA games and let a bunch of NFL. But we were back to work on Sunday night in the monday, but on Saturday had lunched. The sister and brother in law drove to the Malor mansion in the North Woods with the kids, so I got to hang out with my zany niece and nephew, and I decided, you know, I'm Uncle Benny. We've got to go next level as Uncle Benny. Knowing that they would be stopping by, so I ran out to the arts and craft store. What and I said, you know, I'm going to crank up my game a little bit, and I returned to my chocolate teer. Ways, and my niece is obsessed, as most little girls are, with a certain character. Not not Barbie, Not Barbie. Hello Kitty, Hello Kid. This was big when I was a kid. Dan, It's quite big when you were a kid too, Right with the girl they loved the Hello Kitty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my sister, my sister closest to my age, loved that.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was in elementary school and the girl that sat next to me had like the Hello Kiddy notepad and the pencils, and she was like the star of the other girls because she had that. That was like a big deal. Anyway, So get to the point, please. So I go to the store. They have a Hello Kitty chocolate mold. I'm in, I'm in, come on, I'm gonna get like ultimate ultimate brownie points. And I had to use her in a my niece when I read I read her the Shatner book, which we talked about that experience last week where I thought I just do a photo op. And these kids loved the Shatner book. We had to keep reading it because they just loved the story. Anyway. So I made a little little chocolates of Hello Kitty's head and bow ties little her bow tie. I guess that's not her both, Tay, she wears in her hat or her hair, right, I guess I don't know. I'm not a Hello Kitty guy hair bo. Yeah, so if I'm my nephew. Now, I had an old chocolate mold, but he's so little he didn't remember. So it had little chocolate dump trucks, race cars, and monster trucks, and he seemed to really like those. He seemed to really enjoy those. So that was my arts and crafts. I am such a radio loser. And now we have the word of the week. Are you ready for the Word of the week.
Speaker 3: Before we get to word of the Week, I have to mention my WiFi and I watched Benny Versus the Penny while we were in beautiful Pismo Beach, California.
Speaker 1: Love Pismo Beach awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So last week I get a text from my cousin Chris, who lives in San Jose, California, and he said, Hey, my wife and I were here spending the weekend in Pismo. How far is that from you, guys? And I told him it's like two hours fifteen minutes from our house. We don't have any plans on Saturday. So after the podcast and I get that posted and everything, let's drive up to Pismo. So we get baby CoA in his car seat, drive up to Pismo and we have a brunch. It was awesome watching my wife as an octopus because with one hand she was trying to cut up French toast. The other hand she had CoA and she was rocking him as he was getting a little bit fussy.
Speaker 1: And it's multitasking, it is very much so.
Speaker 3: So they're looking at him getting fussy, and my cousin says, well, you guys, aren't I've been right back to southern California after brunch, are you? And I told him we haven't decided. I said, we each packed a bag just in case we didn't know how it would go with Coha, whether or not he would be able to be in the car for a total of you know, four and a half hours. My cousin was feeling bad and he's like, you know what, since you guys drove up here to visit us, I'm going to get you a nice hotel room tonight here in Pismo outstanding. This is now the second time we got something free because of the baby number two. First we got that cabana which I told you about in Palm Springs or yeah, another score, man, I'm part of the kids club. I've driven up myself to visit family. Has any family ever said, Danny, you drove up here to visit us. I'm going to buy you a nice hotel tonight.
Speaker 1: No, I've never had that.
Speaker 3: No mean either. But suddenly I have a baby. People look at the baby and they're like, oh, poor guy. He I don't on him in his car seat. And we get another free item. That's number two. Ben, I'm gonna start making a list. Sure, I'm gonna itemize all the freebies I get thanks to adorable CoA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta milk this because CoA you got, you got a few years to work with. But then they kind of get to the age where they're annoying, but you gotta Yaha. Weool ways to go before that. So you're in good ship and you could start your I'm gonna start the food blog and then start the daddy deal blog. You know how to get free crap because you have a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we're in this nice hotel room and we turn on the hotel guide. As my girl is like going through all the channels looking at what's on, she says, look at that benny versus the penny. Yeah, yeah, clicks on it and starts watching it. And I sent you the screen grab of that. I was like, look at what we're watching in Pismo Beach, California.
Speaker 1: That's awesome if I appreciate that very much. I love That's one of the coolest things about the TV show because people can say, hey, I'm listening to the radio show here, and you know, I have had that happen. I had a guy on a tug boat on the Ohio River that said, you're listening to the show. But to see a photo of it, it's kind of like proof. You know, it's like, yeah, it's actually happening. They're not lying to me and all that. If you're not familiar, but it if you're not from California, you know where Pismo Beaches, it's right in central California, right, that's beautiful central coast. Yeah, California. It's there's a cluster of beach cities right there. It's in San Luis Obispo County, right, I believe I think that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bordering Santa Barbara County and Santa Luis Obispo County.
Speaker 1: What's your move here? Do you stop in Santa Barbara? Do you stop in Buleton. I like Bueleton. I'd go to Buleton, then Solvan.
Speaker 3: Get the gas in Santa Maria.
Speaker 1: Yep, Costco Santa Maria.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we stop at the either the McDonald's or the Starbucks in Golita. Oh, and then there's the it's a nicer Walmart in a Royal Grande right before Pismo Beach. We'll usually stop and grab some items there.
Speaker 1: That's a high end Walmart where the people they don't do the crack.
Speaker 3: There's no old guy sitting on a big wheel smoking a cigar like we saw it your Santa Anna, Beautiful Anna Walmart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Walmart, the one near me. It's like Disneyland. There's people out there selling like light up balloons, like you know. It's like, hey, kids, we're going to go on to the Walmart. You want a balloon. I should go out there and sell cotton candy. I mean, make a killing on that, right, come on, Hannah live geez oh man. All right, Well, let's get to the word of the week. Now here we go the word all the week, and the word of the week is copy cat. Now, most people know the word copy cat, right, it's the one who animates, imitates, rather imitates or copies someone else their actions, appearances, whatnot. And it's been said that flattery is the highest compliment one can give. But the term copycat, we're is mimicking other behaviors and whatnot. Where did this begin? It's actually not that old a phrase, at least that was the initial thought. Right now. We know the word cat has been around as well for a long time. But here's the thing in the term copycat. It is a derogatory term, the term cat, which goes back. The usage of cat as a derogatory term goes back to the at least the fourteen hundreds Middle English, the word cat katt that now became cat, and it was a derogatory term for a person meaning someone who is sly mean or cowardly. You were a cat, You were sly mean or cowardly. And then we fast forward about four hundred years during the late eighteen hundreds. What happened in the world, What changed the way the world operated in the eighteen hundreds, and we still use this today. Although the technologies improved a lot. The emergence of the printing press, the printing technologies, the ability to mass manufacture and that led in the newspaper world, the newspapers ruled the roost in the eighteen hundreds. There was concern like what a plagiarism and people copying other people. So the term copycat popped up around that time, in the late eighteen hundreds, and it referred to someone who copied the exact work or product of another, like they'd steal something from the factory they'd remake it, or the newspaper they'd rewrite a story word for word. The first known use of the term copycat in a printed publication was printed by constant Carrie Harrison. I believe I butchered that person's name. It's a woman eighteen eighty seven memoir bar Harbor was was mentioned there. She described boys who copied exactly what had already been printed. And so the term, the word copy cat, which is in a way an idiom. It's a way, you know, it's an idiom. It's spread around and over time it's obviously changed a little bit, and it goes to anyone who copies the actions ideas it works of something that is a unique original and they just steal it as ow. We know people in Radio Danny that have stolen other people's access a lot of When I was younger, there were a lot of people that ripped off Jim Romes act. Now it's Colin Cowherd. There's a lot of ripoffs of cow Herd. You get that, and a.
Speaker 3: Lot of my hip hop radio station benchmarks I had ripped off from me. Yeah, back in the day. It sucks. They say, oh, it's flattery, No it's not.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, listen, I have a experienced people stealing stuff. I for years I would do stuff overnight, and then I'd get reports that certain morning shows were doing the same exact thing hours later, almost like they were listening driving in to do their morning show, and then thought, that's a good idea. Maybe I'll steal that, almost word for word what Malard did at two in the morning.
Speaker 3: As I remember, there was a southern California rock station that stole the Tinderoni tips idea.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I do remember that. You were not happy by that. By the way, you were slightly angry and considered legal action, I remember did not work out. So let's get to some foody fun, and we will press on for the foodie fun. This is not a copycat. This is an original bit foody fun original bit. These are food stories from the world that you know we all gotta eat now. I mentioned this the other night. I think it was Thursday and a Friday I mentioned this, But we can get into it a little bit. More big news from the fast food world as we start foody fun. Donald's has overhauled the iconic Big Mac. This is massive. The signature burger of McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Shriveled up little Burger. Now it sucks.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you've had the new Big Mac.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they're changing it, but I had it maybe a year ago. Yeah, I was upset. The Big Mac sauce is awesome, but it didn't even look like a Big Mac.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So McDonald's made a big announcement. They announced they revamped the Big Mac and other burgers. But we're focused on the Big Mac. And they claim they're doing this because they want to compete against five guys. So are they I didn't see this. Are they making the Big Mac a smash burger big Mac? Because that would be pretty good. I would think, right, a smash burger big bac.
Speaker 3: How much does make the patties big enough to where it is a big Mac? Because you saw the little thin slices of burger that they had in this thing.
Speaker 1: They claim McDonald's, I know in Chicago they have like the McDonald Donald's Test Kitchen in the Windy City that they test all this stuff out. So they're claiming that they've made all these changes, right, they've been working on this since twenty sixteen. But the latest changes to the Big Mac include, you're gonna like this, Danny two, smaller cooked all beef patties, more special sauce, fresher lettuce, cheese pickles, smaller patties, yes, more sauce, and less less all beef patties.
Speaker 3: That's already the way their Big Mac looks right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's ridiculous. So what this is, and I give them credits, it's weasel terminology. What McDonald's is doing is they're like, hey, we're making a new, improved Big Mac. This is going to be so good. But really it's shrink flation Big Mac.
Speaker 3: What a bunch of clowns.
Speaker 1: Yeah. McDonald's ranked only thirteenth.
Speaker 3: In Talking to You, Ronald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. McDonald's rank thirteenth among US fast food chains for customers calling their burgers desirable so that they claim that's why they're changing.
Speaker 3: I feel like, speaking of Golita, when we stopped at the McDonald's there, they were packed for breakfast, and my wife made the point that she's never seen a McDonald's packed like that for dinner, which is a great point because we're not. Maybe people crave their fries, but how many people do you know that are like, oh my god, I have to have a McDonald's burger.
Speaker 1: No, in McDonald's is what you eat when you're looking for a relatively cheap meal. But it's not even really that cheap, not cheap anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's ala combo on their menu that is thirteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well this actually ties into that seat. It's almost like you were reading my mind, Danny, and you were looking ahead on foody fund because Red Lobster. This is a hilarious story. Now I'm not I like the cheddarbat biscuits, but I'm not a big seafood guy, so I don't go to Red Lobster. I would just go and eat the biscuits.
Speaker 3: So we've made those biscuits at home, by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh they're really good. Oh my god, they're so good. So this is hilarious. So the people at Red Lobster announced that the revenues went down, that they actually lost money in the third quarter of twenty twenty three. And the reason they lost money is because they offered the twenty dollars ultimate endless shrimp deal at Red Lobster, not anticipating the volume of Americans that wanted a cheap all you can eat meal and ate so much freaking lobster shrimp rather shrimp. They ate so much shrimp.
Speaker 3: Remember Coop's famous story he and his friend tried to out shrimp each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, not alone. This twenty dollars all you can eat shrimp thing promotion. They did it to increase restaurant visits, thinking people would go in and some people would order the shrimp and they'd eat reasonable amounts of food, and they'd order other foods which cost more. And it's been a promotion for a long time at Red Lobster, from when I was reading, and they just they totally backfired. Were coming in there with moon moves on to get the shrimp. It's like they were.
Speaker 3: In smoking bulls in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: It was like Bubba Gump shrimp. They were in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and say I think he ate like sixty seven shrimp, Oh my god, something like that, and his buddy ate like sixty two or something. That's just two people. An entire restaurant filled with people stuffing their face like that.
Speaker 1: So the company Red Lobster announced they anticipated did all the marketing and they said, okay, so we believe this promotion will increase traffic to our restaurants by twenty percent. That'll be twenty twenty percent more people come to Red Lobster. Okay, that's great, that's wonderful. Twenty you know, toyette, they ended up getting forty percent. Business went up by forty percent, but they lost money because they were giving the the shrip away. They were giving it away basically. And but the lesson is rather obvious, right that people are desperately trying to find affordable, re fast food type stuff that's cheap. Yeah, so it's you gotta you gotta figure out what you want to do, how you want to get people in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The average American right now is like I don't know whether I should go to the grocery store or go to quote unquote fast food because it all costs the same, right, now and it's all inflated and it's all a ripoff right now, that's.
Speaker 1: Some bullshoy right there. So Red Lobster we can follow up on this because instead of getting rid of the promotion, what they did is they just decided, Okay, we're getting killed here, we're getting smoked, right, We're just getting cooked. So they started slightly raising the price to like twenty two dollars. Now it's at twenty five dollars. And so they is keeping raising up the price, trying to not drown in endless shrimp.
Speaker 3: But that is and they seek coop at his local Red Lobster and they make Kim pay for two all you can eat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. What else we have on foody fun? Well? Costco? I love my Costco. They are launching another they've already launched another perfect Christmas dessert item just in time for the Christmas holiday. They Kirkland signature chocolate moose. Isn't that great? No, that's I'm looking. It looks pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But it's a refrigerated treat. Three sweet chocolate layers. A. He's got the crumble, the cookie chocolate chip cookie crumble base. There's a glossy chocolate coating. What else do we have? Taylor Swift. I can't do a show without mentioning Taylor Swift. And here we are in the fifth hour.
Speaker 3: I need a dollar from you for the punished jar.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Taylor Swift drinking an affordable rose. And so what do you think happens if Taylor drink Taylor Swift drinks something. Oh my god, she's drinking it.
Speaker 3: I gotta drink it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is created a frenzy. People dying desperately trying to buy this rose. And so we don't need to give them a plug and all that, you know, there does no need to do it, but there you go.
Speaker 3: So she's Taylor Swift jumped off of half dome inside Yosemite Park. How many how many Swifties would follow her? Oh my god, she jumped off the mountain. I'm gonna do it too, oh I know.
Speaker 1: So there was a there was a photo which actually popped up on the iHeart social media pages of Taylor Swift. She was eating raisins off a wooden kitchen counter and fans the Idea is a place in Brooklyn, and right behind her was a bottle of this rose, and so of course people are, oh, I got a Taylor Swift, Oh my god, Oh my god. And so it has been selling like you can't.
Speaker 3: Believe a cheap brand? Or do you know?
Speaker 1: It's a gas lighter? Is the company? And yeah, it's like twenty three dollars or seventeen dollars.
Speaker 3: So okay, so it's like not the cheapest but not the most expensive.
Speaker 1: But here's the catch. They say the minimum order because they realize they want to take advantage of the Swifty's. The minimum order is at least three bops.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I have three bobs of.
Speaker 1: The rose Taylor Swift's Rose. Well, Martha Stewart is back in the foody fun the people over at what I used to call Dunkin Donuts, but now it's just Duncan. They got rid of the donuts part, but they still sell donuts, but they want to focus in on the coffee. That's what they want to focus in on. But Duncan has hired Martha Stewart again to sell merchandise. They decid how old is Martha Stewart. It's got to be one hundred and forty seven exactly. Yeah, So among the items that she will be pimping herself out for the initial product was a Duncan teenye and a Martini shaker twenty five dollars. To have a Martini shaker with the Duncan logo and glasses are twenty dollars apiece. There's a let's see here page. I mean, there's a bunch of other crap here. I think I'm good on my I have nothing against Dunkin Donuts, but I don't know that I need to have something with the Dunkin logo on it. But if you want something Danny, I'm sure somebody can get it for you if you're interested in that. Probably not Jack in the Box. This is actually going on. It has been going on for a while. They're having their Jack Miss Deals promotion food item free food. But it's one of these things, all these free food deals. You have to be on the app so they can track you. You are the customer, you are the power. So remember that. I don't think many people care though, right that they're the product.
Speaker 3: You think. Now, we're used to it, and we're used to being tracked. We know with our iPhones nowadays, whatever we say or search or scroll on that's going to pop up continuously on your phone right afterwards, because they're spying on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're not paying for something, you are what You're the back, you're the currents. So it's like social media, these apps that say, oh, I'll give you free maps, and I will keep track of everywhere you go, and then I will sell that data about what restaurants you went to and what stores you went to. I will then sell that to somebody and I'll make money, and then they'll use that to direct market to you and all that stuff. See what else do we have? Page down? Oh, here's this is a sugary food deal, so cover your ears. Danny Subway offering next week A I guess this coming week. Here a new foot long chocolate chip cookie. They say it's for free on National Cookie Day. That's the national beautiful National Cookie Day. And let's see here from one to six. Now, I don't see it available here in LA. I see it in Chicago, Dallas, and Miami in New York. But December, December fourth is National Cookie Day. How are you celebrating National Cookie.
Speaker 3: Day by finding a sugar free cookie?
Speaker 1: That's right, em, that's right here you go. So that's coming up in a couple of days. So on Monday, cookies, big big day there for Subway. Sure, but I always think cookies.
Speaker 3: I think Subway, well, their cookies are better than their sandwiches. Hey, oh it's true, it's true. Have you had a Subway sandwich recently?
Speaker 1: I have not?
Speaker 3: Oh Man, talk about shriveled up products. Yeah, it's just big giant sandwiches on their commercial. Yeah right, those are some smashed, little, skinny, crappy sandwiches if I've ever seen or tasted one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the other thing, too, is I always get annoyed when I go to a restaurant and the people working there are so paranoid they're going to lose their job. They have to weigh all of the condiments that they give you, like all this. I don't need that, Okay, just go by, go by the feel when it looks good and all that stuff. But anyway, that's that is that I think we'll get out on that. We've gone a little long here, Danny. It is Saturday. We've got more collegiate football as we wind out before we wind up for the playoffs in college football.
Speaker 3: And you made us all hungry to go get a Sandward. So I want some Jersey mics right now.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get a big mac. You're not.
Speaker 3: I'll eat their breakfast, but I ain't eating their burgers. Forget that.
Speaker 1: You're good on that. The McDonald's like the cone the apple pie, although it's not the same. The fried apple pie is the way to go, but only one location. I think that the original McDonald's that's left.
Speaker 3: The original, only one that burns your tongue so good.
Speaker 1: I have so many memories of the burning my tongue and then taking a little bite. It's like the opposite of getting brain freeze. Tongue burn and yeah, your tongue cools off, you take another bite, so it burns it more. Anyway, Danny, anything in particular, just kind of take it easier.
Speaker 3: Family. No, no, Actually, we're traveling today after post production of this fine podcast. We are going to drive to the north Woods because my cousin, Jordan, his son is a one of the best basketball players in the country right now in his age group. He was sought after by a different high school who transferred him to their school because they wanted him so badly to play basketball for their school. He is balling today around noon, so We're going to go there to watch his game.
Speaker 1: Nice awesome, well, very cool. Sounds like a good time anyway. Listen, we have another podcast tomorrow. Tomorrow, we've got the mail bag. I think if we have time tomorrow we will be able to get to pop the culture. I will do all that, but I have a wonderful rest of your Saturday. Thank you for downloading this, and don't forget Benny Versus. The Penny still airing. Check your local TV listings. It's distributed by NBC and watch Benny Versus depending on Keep in mind, I promote the channels. I know for sure it's on, but I've had people in Florida, people in Michigan, people in random states. I don't promote those channels. So you do have to look at your local cable listings and have a wonderful day.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you next time later. Skater population