Speaker 1: First to goal at the five. Williams a single back.
Speaker 2: He gets to carry Hesitates, plows forward to the two, to the one and in for a Denver touchdown. He would not be denied. Javonte Williams from five yards out his second touchdown of the night, and it's twenty five to three Denver. That was Javanti Williams scoring his second touchdown of the night. A low moment in a series of low moments for the New Orleans Saints on a Thursday night, to forget in the Superdome thirty three to ten. The Broncos end up winning this game. Jake Hans in at the end and put some lipstick on a pig in what was one of the lowest moments in Saint's history. And that is a lot of low moments in this history. But my god, I don't know if this was the worst night to have the Saints Block Party podcast on or the perfect night to have have on the Saints Block Party podcast. That's right, it's my friend Adam west and Ryan from the Saints Block Party podcast. Of course, that was Kevin Coogler from Westwood One Fellas. I'm sorry, I guess is how I'll start with this one, Adam.
Speaker 3: No, I want to start this one with some with just I like throwing facts out there. Right, I don't have a producer, but I'm just going to throw some facts out here. For DA's Saints tenure, since he got hired as head coach, he has beaten four teams with winning records. Four those teams were the Seattle Seahawks in twenty twenty two, were the Taysum game where he went super nova, the Indianapolis Coats last year quarterback by garnament Jew, the Philadelphia Eagles who were fourteen and three, but that was also garnament Jew was starting that game in twenty twenty two, and the Bucks last year towards the end of the season. Those are the only teams that he has beaten as head coach. Furthermore, Furthermore, this is the first time that the Saints have lost back to back games at home by more than twenty points since two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Wooh, that was my senior year. I don't think I had season tickets that year. I had season tickets one year, but I did go to a few games that year. And yeah, not a great era of Saints football. There was some buzz that there was some fire, dentistil and chance there there was a paper bag. At the end of this game, there was an SOS sign. It was rough. But I come back Ryan to the fact that on a night where they were honoring Drew Brees. That's where really this all comes back to for me, On a night where Drew Brees was in the booth with Amazon, on a night where Sean Payton is in the building, for this to all happen tonight that night, I just think that that actually crystallizes everything because ownership is in the building, Gayo Benson is in the building, and to have that lower moment while you're celebrating the highest moments of your franchise history with the best player in franchise history Drew Brees there, I think it spells the end of Dennis Allen, maybe even this week, maybe even after this game. Am I crazy?
Speaker 1: I don't see it? Not this week, But you're right. I thought about this game even before the season started, that this game, Oh, I mean, it would just it would be the perfect time for Dennis Allen to really show who he is and for the season to go high. Is going so far, to start off so hot, start off too and Ohero heit Us on the podcast talking about Super Bowls and this, and to end up to go forward, you know, lose four games in the row how they did in bizarre fashion, you know, losing games they kind of should have won or could have won, and then just depressing laws to the chiefs where you just don't look like it belong in the field. Then you get rained out the building by the Tampa Bay Bucks and Baker Mayfield and uh. And then to have this game against you know, the former head coach, the guy who put Dennis Allen on the map and basically just looked like a high school team. It it's hard. It's hard for Da. I don't see how DA comes back from this one, Like, I don't see because.
Speaker 2: It's a defense. It's his defense. That's that's the thing. So for people that haven't been watching the Saints each and every week, and yeah, if you're watching on YouTube, we appreciate y'all that the ones that came out tonight, you're the real fans, you're the real believers. It's it's probably a lot of the probably a lot of your So I appreciate them. They love a tough night and and Broncos fans, by the way, we will give you your flowers, your four and three. You've got a well coached team. This team that the Broncos have reminds me a little bit of those late period Sean Payton Saints teams, like they're not going anywhere, but they're just too damn well coached to lose more than eight games. They'll probably win end up winning nine games just with ugly quarterback play. So we'll get to that. But in reality, just from a big picture NFL perspective, the story tonight is the Saints because this is a team. Yeah, we had you on after two weeks. I'm sorry, but actually we kind of had you on at the two perfect moments of the year because it really shows how quick things can change. It was a moment where, you know, I think, right, I think you said all you needed was Kendre Millard to believe that you guys were a super Bowl consider you had said Miller back tonight, what's up.
Speaker 1: Hey, man? Were just missing like eight other players, eight other starters.
Speaker 2: That's all okay, okay, So there are a ton of injuries for the Saints, and that explains a lot of what's happening on offense, but on defense. Going into the game, they weren't that banged up on defense, they were normal banged up. And so this is the fourth straight game where they've given up twenty five points or more. That's the first time in Saints' history they gave Wasn't that crazy. I'm surprised that that's true. But Dennis Allen making that happen twenty five points four weeks in a row. They give up two hundred and twenty five yards on the ground, So the last two weeks they've given up about five hundred yards rushing. There were moments in this game, and yes, paulsin Adebo got hurt and Marshawn Lattimore got hurt. By then the game was already over. At you really feel for a debo who got an air cast and had to go to a local hospital. And so that's tough. But you saw guys like ducking out of tackles, and Richard Sherman said it at halftime, it looked like a team that was didn't want this to be their coach anymore.
Speaker 3: Adam like we we've heard, we heard this going back to last week against the Bucks. Right, you had Sean Tucker, who no one even in fancy football and who Sean Tucker was, and he becomes NFL Player of the Week and copy and paste in the same stuff is happening this week against the Broncos with Sean Payne in the building, and I just feel like it's you know you you mentioned the Marshaw Lottimore getting injured thing, like was he injured? Like at this point, like I wonder, I wonder if there are players on the team who just don't feel like they want to play for DA anymore.
Speaker 1: And I want to drop like a little little little.
Speaker 3: Nugget that I just got texted as as we're recording, I don't I'll say this, I don't know how you can reasonably assess and evaluate Spencer Rattler behind this line and with no receivers.
Speaker 1: But it seems like they, like the team may want to get a look at Jay Kiner going into that next game against the Chargers.
Speaker 2: I'll just okay. So Rattler left the game with about two minutes ago. He was having his side checked out, He got hit a bunch. He ends up twenty five or thirty five for one hundred and seventy two yards, they obviously didn't score enough. You know, they didn't move the ball great against a good Broncos defense. He didn't look terrible. I mean, his top receivers are Cedric Wilson, Mason Tipton, Bubb Memes, and they're missing two or three starting offensive linemen against one of the best pass rushers in the league, and he got thrown around. But actually when he got a chance to throw the ball and he wasn't under pressure, he looked pretty good. He made a few plays with his leg. I mean, if you're looking at him versus bo Nicks tonight, sorry Broncos fans, not like you saw like a bunch of separation between those two quarterbacks. It was just absolutely everything else that was going on in this game. But yeah, to it must have I don't know, man, you guys seem a little too calm. I don't know if you're just giving like NFL daily energy, because if it was Saints, if it was Saint's block party energy, like we'd be hearing, you know, Adam getting you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's that's that's coming later. But I'll say this, we're here. How does he have a job after tonight? He should not leave the building having a job.
Speaker 1: And this is not me. I'm not the one.
Speaker 3: And I hear, well, you know you were asking for da to be fired, and what about like his family and they're gonna have to switch like their.
Speaker 1: Schools, Like we're fans, They'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Like at this point, the thing that Ryan and I have talked about is that since Dennis Allen has been hired, there has been a continual, continual teardown of the culture that Sean.
Speaker 1: Payton has has built.
Speaker 3: A couple a couple of days ago, Mickey Loomis goes on w w L and talks about, you know, you have to look beyond the wins and losses and look beyond all this, and Bobby Abert is.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you talking about? Like what?
Speaker 3: Like like it felt delusional, And I know a lot of the heat's gonna be put on Dennis Allen as it I really should. But like as you mentioned in the preview talking with Jordan Rudrieg, talking with Colleen Wolf, Mickey Loomis is like the big, big bad behind all of this because of the power that he wields, because a lot of the decisions that he's made has led the Saints to be where they are, So even if they fired Dennis Allen, as a Saints fan, you just have to hope in look and hope that either Mickey Loomis goes into a higher role and that's non football related, or that he just looks out and hires a head coach that has the football brains that can put him in check like the coach he did with Sean Payton that was across the field, which.
Speaker 2: How much higher can he get? He's like the owner, he's like essentially like an acting owner. He reminds me of Pete Carroll in Seattle, who I always thought was as close to an acting owner after the death of their previous owner. I think there's some similarities here. I think Gail Benson's more involved, but I think Mickey Loomis, it's fair to say, has about as much power as almost any executive or any non really like team president, I mean in the league, because he's been there so long. He's been involved in multi you know, he's been involved with the Pelicans and stuff. And Ryan You pushed back at me on Twitter when I said, like, the question is to me, is Mickey Loomis gonna survival of this? Because Dennis Allen is his guy, and there's there's a thought process that like he kept Dennis Allen because that's like a coach that's not going to push back on him. That helps him keep that power. And you were like, no way as Mickey leaving, which is which is crazy because I think the rest of the league looks at this and probably thinks, like, wow, this is a situation where it's finally maybe over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think, you know, in a normal franchise, but not with the Saints. And look, you're talking about Mickey Loomas. This is a guy that's in Gale Benson's will. You know, he would be the executive of a will. If you know, Dennis Lucia as other president weren't there, Like he he's not going anywhere now? Will he be the Saints GM, you know, move on to some other role, you know, team director of sports engagement, who knows like just something besides running the football operations. And the thing about you know, having having such a strong footing like he has. Where's the accountability? Who holds him accountable? You know? I mean we don't know how We know Gail Vinson is involved, but we don't know how much years from outside the building. Since she's so insulated within New Orleans. You know, it's like, who's gonna check Mickey Numis?
Speaker 2: Well she Well, she was there today because Drew Brees had a Hall of Fame luncheon uh at you know where they officially put him into the Saints Hall of Fame, and Sean Payton and a whole crew of ex Saints. Joe Lombardi was there, Michael Cart, Michael all these guys that used to coach for the Saints. They kind of crashed the party and Gail. Gail knew that it was there, he said, So the owner knew that he was going to come there. And it's on one hand, it's kind of awkward if you're an outsider. On the other hand, it it makes total sense. Those are the people that were there with Drew Brees, and that's cool. It was fitting that Sean Payton was there tonight. As bad of a game as it was, it was supposed to be this great night in terms of celebrating Drew Brees, but instead it became a really crazy whiplash of a segment of this game. So let's go back to the end of the first half and talk about how that ended. At the time, it is, I believe sixteen to three, and will the Saints get the ball back with sixteen seconds left in the half and they line up and they start playing some offense and I'm like, okay, actually like this. You know, teams should do this more. Try to hit a shot down the field, take a time out, get a field goal. But it doesn't work. They like run a screen. Alvin Kamara gets absolutely blasted on a potential screen a couple of plays and then they're snapping. With nine seconds left, they throw another pass. There's four seconds left. The half is essentially over. You know, they got seventy yards to go, and they take a time out and if you're watching, if you're watching on YouTube, you could see Spencer Rattler mouthing what are we doing? And that's what everyone in the building was saying, what are we doing? Because after that time out, where da starts looking around as if he wasn't the one that took the time out, they just kneel on the ball. So they took a time out for everyone in the crowd to be like, what the hell to kneel on the ball, and then they kneel on the ball and the crowd just starts booing like crazy, and it was It's a low moment. They're booing like crazy. Cut to ten minutes later they do the ceremony for Breeze. It appears to get a really good reaction. Shout out to the Saints fans that were there. Let's actually listen to Drew Brees doing his old war chant with the crowd.
Speaker 4: Here we go walk where.
Speaker 1: Where? Shot? Where? Not?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: Shout out to Drew Brees because him getting the crowd to get up like that in that moment. And I wasn't there, so I don't know how how loud it was or whatever. That's one of the best examples of love that that crowd could ever show. Because there was not many people in the mood for that, and from the sound of it from the reporters, there a lot of people stayed for that ceremony. They yelled, they were like, we're out, We're out. It wasn't even that big a blah. It was second sixteen to three, but they left. So that just shows you Ryan how much that that city loves Drew Brees. That they did that in that in that scenario, what what a crazy like just whipped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the juxtaposition of like, you know, just those memories with Drew Brees, you know, all the winning that happened, you know, just a completely different time than we're in now. And it's like, here's reality. About one of my guys I follow on Twitter, have been followed for a long time. He always like after Drew Brees retired and we were complaining about Jameis Winston or something on Twitter, and he was like, shut up, Like this is how the rest of us live, you know what I'm saying. Because he's like a Titans fan. It's like that's a good point. Like we've been so spoiled, you know, the last fifteen years with Drew Brees, you know, and this is this is how life is when you don't have a franchise quarterback. It's hard to find a great coach. It's just a tough life, you know. But I'm hoping that, you know, Spencer Raandler becomes something I do see talent there. Uh, you know, would he be like a franchise quarterback? Too hard to say right now, too early to tell. It's too hard to evaluate him right now. But I think hopefully when the Saints do get a little more a few injured players back, you know, like Eric McCoy, Chaser Hill, some of the offensive line, micrus Olavy. Maybe you could start to evaaluate Spencer Radler a little better. That's the most important thing for this season to me.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, it's a it's a good point. And since we last did a podcast where shi jaheid is out for the season, which is just such a killer injury for the Saints, we found out later in the week that he was going to undergo surgery. So that's worst case in era. And this is a receiver group going into the year that I thought after the top two was as thin as any in the league. And then you're missing your top two. A lave should return after that concussion, but the defense is really what gets you. And I'm looking up at my screen and we'll have to check out how this interview went later. But Sean Payton is on the desk with the Amazon crew in the Superdome's crazy. And you know, Adam, your buddy Nick Underhill wrote a great column this week. Wow that uh, you know that that it's complicated with Sean Payton for fans of the Saints. That for Saints fans. It's like you could feel however you want with Sean Payton come to town because that man did so much for you, but he also quit on the team. And I think from from an outsider, like from people that aren't Saints fans, they probably kind of forget that that. When Sean Payton retired, everyone thought he was quote unquote retiring, but it came out that he was quitting on them, and he was trying he was coaching the Dolphins. In his mind, he was coaching the Dolphins and Tom Brady was his quarterback, and he was quitting on the Saints in the middle pretty soon after he had negotiated a big payroad raise from the Saints like a year before that, so he quit on them and he was going to the Dolphins. The NFL did not allow that. The Dolphins lost their first round draft pick because of it. Tom Brady never went to this, you know, never went there and it didn't happen. So there's still some feeling there. But for him to be laughing up with with Bo Nicks on the set with Richard Sherman, who was who was man who is saying Saints fans might be waiting for da at his car after the game. The man a night.
Speaker 1: It is Ryan.
Speaker 3: I think Ryan hit it, and I feel like, Okay, I know people who are Broncos fans are going to listen to listen, be like, why.
Speaker 2: Aren't you talking more? Now, We're going to get to it. We're going to get to him. We got time, we get to Okay.
Speaker 3: But I just want to piggyback off of Ryan's point. The biggest question that the Saints need to like needs to have answered going into like next season is if they have somewhat of an answer quarterback in Spencer Rattler or if they need to draft a quarterback in the draft. So right now, I know it's fake, but right now the Saints have the seventh overall pick in the draft. That looks completely different from an organizational standpoint. If you feel like you have the guy in the building and you don't need to draft the quarterback at seven and draft another position of whatever best player available, like very if you're drafting that high as opposed to if you feel like you don't have the guy and you feel like you have to draft the guy at seven. So to me, that's the biggest question that they have to ask, like because I feel like if they can answer if he's the guy and he like it's back whatever, whatever the guy gets. I'm not saying franchise quarterback, but at least a good NFL starter for a certain number of years.
Speaker 1: Let's say even let's say modern day Gino.
Speaker 3: Right, if you feel like you have that in the building, no matter how the rest of the season goes, I feel like that's a win from an organizational standpoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're saying they might want to look at Hayn who threw a couple of nice passes on that garbage time to drive and got a touchdown. We'll see. I mean, yeah, it's a long way to go. You're saying you're already talking about next season, and I get that, but you're not even close to halfway here. You got ten more games to play. And the way that defense look like they get up on Dennis Allen tonight, it just it makes you wonder about decisions. You mentioned Latimore and missed a lot of camp with that hamstring, and then he was out late in this game. There was a moment and our friend Jordan Rodrigue pointed out to me, like on that Broncos touchdown drive in the second half where guys aren't getting off their blocks, but guys aren't even like sticking their arms out to make the tackles. There there was a play and Damario Davis also left this game with an injury, and he's the ultimate pro. He he was you know, not he was like in the right gap, but did not give great effort on a potential tackle attempt on that drive either, And maybe he's fighting through an injury. But it's been tough to watch the last couple of weeks, and it just when it rains at poor is like honey Badger has an interception on one of bo Nick's worst throws, go right in his bread basket at the end of the first half, but he could have maybe had a long return. Maybe he was looking up to see it and he just drops the thing and that's not not trying. But that's just that's as bad. And I don't know where get coat goes from here, because they weren't getting any pressure on bow next tonight not and looked at the next ten stats, bo Nicks went oh for four under pressure, which is like, man, that's rough. He didn't hit one pass under pressure. Then I was like they only had four passes under pressure? What's up with that? Ryan? Like your your passer man.
Speaker 1: Pass presus bad. I don't want to hear anything about pressures because I've been seeing the stats that Saints are you know, at a certain level of pressures. No, they are not good at affecting the quarterback. Quarterbacks have a lot of time to throw the ball. Quarterbacks can run the ball. Anybody can run the ball against the Saints defense. It's been bad for a couple of years now. Sean Tucker. Sean Tucker ran for almost two hundred yards, Like, what's what is going on? So well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Javonte Williams tonight goes fourteen for eighty eight, two touchdowns. On my daughter Ellis's fantasy bench, my sun walker was telling her before the game, put Javonte Williams in. He had the scouting report on. He said the same defense isn't good, but didn't listen.
Speaker 3: Bonis went for almost like what ninety or he had like eighty three the last time.
Speaker 2: I checked seventy five yards he ended up with along a thirty two. Although that's a continuation of a trend. All right, we're gonna take a quick break. Let's talk some Broncos on the other side, Now, let's give let's give the Broncos from Flowers those three a little bit. They're four and three, they are They play the Panthers next, then they have Ravens and Chiefs in a row. But after that they have the Raiders in the Browns. So those are three of the worst teams in the league that are coming up in your next five games. You're four and three. I think I think the way this Broncos team is now, worst case, you're going two and three in those games, and right now you're kind of showing me you're one of those teams that can beat the bad teams. You might lose. You probably will lose most to the average teams, and you'll lose to the good teams. Like last week, Chargers a real quarterback, a real defense, they didn't really stand up. Maybe they'll win some of those games, but you haven't played the Raiders and the Bronco and the Browns and the Panthers. They're pretty good situationally, they're good on special teams. Like this is the type of stuff that you guys talked about that Sean Payton could do, like real coaching, and like they're getting a running game going. Javonte Williams, not last week, but a couple of games before that, Like the two games before that was running the ball pretty well. They're getting pretty good offensive line play. Bo Nicks actually has the fourth most value of any quarterback in terms of rushing in the NFL. Adam's making a face at me. I mean he's dead lasted EPA for drop back like any quarterback. Yes, okay, he's giving you some rushing value. He's not throwing the ball too well. I'm just saying an offense that doesn't make too many mistakes and a defense that travels that that plays bigger than the some of their parts that that rushes the pass are real well, like, man, they're got they're gonna hit that over. For whatever their win total was, it was like five and a half, they're gonna get to eight or this year.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I think people, and I feel like as a football fan, as I've gotten older, you really start to realize how important coaching is, like especially in football, especially in the NFL. And I don't think like the Broncos doesn't strike me as a team that is going to go far, but it has the parts where they should at least maybe be frisky and be a wildcard team and then once you get into the dance, like who knows what happens? Like I was a gas by some of the passes that bo Nix was throwing, like especially if you go back to their first drive and they're like on that play there was two wide open Denver players. It was, but so like what is their ceiling? Like you said a to nine wins, But at least as a Broncos fan, you know what Sean Payton, You're going to get a well coached team and a psychopath. And I'm in this and I mean this a determined endearment that looks every It looks into every way, an advantage of how I can help my team win. Special teams, defense, offense, Who are the who are the reps that are calling this game? What are their tendencies and how they call the game, just really minute things that comes with being a great head coach. And I feel like as a Broncos fan, you can't ask for more. And I feel and I also feel like Broncos fans there may be like Broncos fans who are not big fans of Sean Payne as a head coach, which that seems to be like very prevalent. But there aren't many people that approach the game and approach game day like he does.
Speaker 2: Right Ryan, You you guys were kind of leading the brigade about DA last year. Not too happy with them. Then they start out to and no people asking for apologies from y'all. Is there anything you'd like to say?
Speaker 1: Now? I have no apologies. Look, we we went into this season for the Saints like look, show me, show me talk. All the talk this off season about oh, we're going to execute better, you know is you know, we got a new scheme coming in, we got Clink Kobie coming in, We're gonna make it easy on Derek call, we're gonna run the ball, blah blah blah blah blah, show me. And first two weeks they did show us. They were like okay, I'm just like, okay, that's interesting. But it was a week the week proposition, and they continued to show us they are who we thought they were, you know what I'm saying. And RP didn't scream and this just is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and shot shot Payton and they're not letting them off the hook. I mean they are not. It's crazy though, I know the NFL is like a week to week league and everything. Uh and yeah, we're getting some comments from the YouTubers. I think some of your listeners are watching here. Ryan and Adam would like to apologize to absolutely no one. And yeah, Sean Payton's not apologizing for this one either. I bet this felt so.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, he loved it, right, he love Heed. I'll say he did not want to let that Lance touchdown. He didn't know it.
Speaker 3: You know, he's sick about it. He's sick that they scored a touchdown in this game. I can guarantee you he is.
Speaker 2: Although let's uh, let's actually listen to the Broncos last touchdown. We're going to listen to the Saints radio network call of it. This is late in the game. Poor Spencer Ratler just just getting hit.
Speaker 4: Second of Jenna's Rattler is in trouble again. Is that ball comes up in the air. That's going to be an interception and that is going to be a touchdown going the other way for for Cody Barton. As Rattler was hit, ball popped up of the air Like U, these are cotton.
Speaker 2: Candy for Cody Marden.
Speaker 4: Just floating in the air and he took it the other direction.
Speaker 2: That is sad my cost there on ww oh yeah, that score. It was thirty three to three at that moment, and you got to give this Broncos defense some credit. Vance Joseph. One of the best things Sean Payton did when he took that job. Vance Joseph back in the building after he was a head coach doing a fantastic job, just blitzing and blitzing and blitzing, and this pass rush. They really got something going now. They brought Baron Browning back tonight, was probably their best pure pass rusher from an injury, so he played for the first time all year. Nick Bonito, who's like a pass rush specialist, has a sack now in five straight games, which is wild. Zach Allen is playing at an all pro level. Patrick Certan, who is out for this game, is playing at an all pro level. Riley Moss is going to be inspiring White kids across the country all start playing cornerback because they're out there hitting. That was what really struck me tonight. You gotta admit, like Saints, we're catching the ball and man, they were just on them and they were hitting. So this is a this is a defense with an attitude.
Speaker 1: Man. I like watching Moss I really I liked him coming out and I think overall man Like I was telling the buddy of mine who's a Verbroccos fan, he was really down on Sean Payton. One thing Sean Payte is going to do is he is going to try to get the best out of his guys. And you know, even when you look at the defensive defensive coordinator last year after they allowed like seventy points, everybody wanted him running out the building. Sean was gonna stick with them. And Sean loved like he looked at who he's had in the past, like Greg Williams, those guys. He loves the blitz. He loves to put pressure on the quarterback but any means necessary. So he's gonna have his defensive coordinator bring that heat. And it seems like today in today's NFL, the blitz is working like it's the days of where you could just beat the blitz some reason, For some reason, I'm trying to figure it out. Quarterbacks just not beating the blitz. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Some people in the comments getting on us for picking on Knicks, and I'm just thinking, I'm looking at these Knicks stats. It was actually over five under pressure, so there's one more pressure.
Speaker 1: Did they watch the game? Did they wash? Now?
Speaker 2: I know because that interception that he should have thrown a Matthew some of the throws early. Here's the telling stat from Knicks tonight. And they've really done a good job coaching around him. It's tricky. I actually think this team would be better with Jared Stidham, I really do they are. When he held the ball over two and a half seconds tonight, so those are more like in rhythm throws or trying to get to the second read. And Kirk Kirbstreet was hammering this point on the broadcast, like he cannot get past his first read. He was ten for nineteen for five yards per attempt, negative twenty percent completion percentage over expected. And that's what you see all year long in terms of completion. Like he's just for a guy that needs to win. You think of a guy that's not crazy arm talent that you got to win from the pocket. But he doesn't stay in the pocket, and he's not really good at like throwing on the move, Like he doesn't have the arm strength for that, so it's a bad combination. He's great at scrambling, He's literally been one of the best scrambling quarterbacks in the league this year. But other than hitting those little short seven yarders on your first read and scrambling, he's not hitting anything else, and that's it's hard to run. Eric Wilkinson says, it's just ridiculous. It's like the kid is the punching bag of every talking head. He's literally playing better than Elway at the same point of his career.
Speaker 3: Talking about Nick that sounds like Mickey Liman is talking about Da being like Chuck Nole, Like what we.
Speaker 2: To oh wait when he was reading off the records, because I would to update that. Actually, Dennis Allen is now twenty six fifty one, yes thinking for his career eighteen and twenty three with the Saints, which isn't as.
Speaker 3: Bad, but so that means if you were to double his wins, he would be one game above hive hundred in his NFL coaching career. If Dennis Allen's name was Dennis Jackson, would he still have a job?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely the way.
Speaker 2: If Dennis Allen won ten straight to finish the season and then three playoff games. That's thirteen wins. So if they won the Super Bowl and then they started out next year thirteen to zero, then he would be above fight won the Super Bowl without a loss. This is dark.
Speaker 1: Here's the crazy thing when you're talking about bo Nicks.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying this like of a certainty, but I believe if you were to like switch Spencer Rattler in bow Knicks and he was the Denver quarterback, I think football fans and football media would think about the Broncos a little differently, just a little bit, if he was a quarterback rather than Bonex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. He Nick hasn't shown enough consistently as a passer, so Broncos fans want to give him a ton of credit for winning. Like y'all been down that road before. It was a man named Tim Tebow that we had this argument about who gets the credit for the wins, the quarterback or the team because people were telling us that you had just some magic sauce. All right, I don't want to hold you any longer. You guys are taping a Saints block party podcast later tonight, right right after, and you're you're in mobile, right Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yep, this is what Almost eleven o'clock, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, after seeing how those UK folks do it where where they're doing their post game shows at like one in the morning or the primetime games ending at four thirty in the morning, that's crazy. I was like, Okay, this is light work for you, but it's this is one of the great reasons to live on the West Coast. That is true, Adam feels, that is very true. All right. I appreciate everyone who tuned into the live stream, appreciate everyone who listened to the podcast all week long. We will be back on Friday. I have my PIC show with Cynthia Friedland and then of course our Sunday night Reekap, Adam Ryan, thank you, Appreciate you guys. See you next time. Check out the Saints Block Party podcast when da when they're asking them to get fired, you know football is back. See you next time.