Speaker 1: Wind Down with Jane Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast. All Right, I'm excited for this guest because she is she's she's a feisty sister, but she's sweet. We've had her on before. I'm a huge fan. I am.
Speaker 2: It's like a dormant secret fanship that I have about them. Well, we're the same generation. Yeah, they mattered a lot and they just got to be themselves, which was so inspiring to me.
Speaker 1: But they were also like strong, you know, And I'm I want to walk the line with it with talking about Nikki because obviously she's been through some stuff so and her sister is obviously very protective and they're best friends. So, but I do would like to get into some of it as well. Yeah, there's a sister ship piece of that I always want to know about, right and always, you know, she's always having her back. So let's get Brie Bella on and let's hear what she's up to. Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? It just been a crazy morning, you know, summer with kids.
Speaker 1: Literally, if you hear kids screaming, I'm like everybody, I can hear every sound that is coming up here.
Speaker 2: I was like, please, Dana's like on our laptop googling what new camp they can go to.
Speaker 1: I did, I literally just enroll them in a camp for tomorrow because I'm like, I have an audition I got. I'm like, I was like, I'm the same.
Speaker 3: I literally the kids are in a different camp every week for like the next month.
Speaker 1: How old are your kids?
Speaker 3: So eight? And then my son he'll be five August first, and I'm just like, I don't know. I just feel like it's better for them, it's better for me and get them busy out.
Speaker 1: Especially the boys.
Speaker 2: I feel like the boys have to go like and I'm not even I don't even care how that sounds. Actually, I'm not even going to preface it. I'm just gonna say my son is a six year old boy who needs to be on the go and outside and like actively moving, or he's not a human that I really want to live with.
Speaker 3: I agree, I'm the same way. I mean, I literally got a trampoline so my son can jump before school teachers in sane. I'm like, I'll just see him at times in my house and I go just go to up from the tramp and I'm like, oh my gosh, she just needs to constantly get energy out.
Speaker 1: Things we thought we'd never say to a boy go on the tramp.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I think is so funny. I was reading you know, obviously I know who you are. I've watched her shows, but it was it was it made me chuckle because when I was reading something, you said, you know, you and your husband aren't really in the press because you guys have a happy relationship, And I'm like, man, isn't that the damn truth. I was like, me and my ex husband plastered everywhere because our relationship was a show. But then I'm like, but then, you know, not me and my husband. Now, it's like they don't write about how respectful and loving our relationship is. They you know, they don't. They don't care about that. They just go pick up any little negative comment. It was like, why can't we celebrate the happy couples? Why can't that be a headline?
Speaker 3: And I actually feel like people would click and read. I think people actually find it refreshing. I mean, unless I'm just one of those people who constantly like positivity surrounded by me. But sometimes I feel like the media, it just feels like we just constantly want to hear negativity, how bad people's lives are going, and I feel like more than ever, they're just like digging so deep into people's privacy, like what I've seen with my sister first hand with this divorce. I'm like, where do like we draw the line? Like where is their boundaries? Because I feel like media just has zero boundaries and it's awful.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think it's hard to because you guys are I mean, it's not that you guys are super private too, you know, it's like you guys have your shows, you have, so I think there's when people say boundaries like all right, well fine there Devil's Advocate is like, well, you have the reality shows, you put your personal life out there, so then it should be okay, But what is the boundary within all of that? Because there are there should be boundaries, even whether you share your life socially or not. You know.
Speaker 3: I agree. It's like, you know, one of those things I love taking pictures with fans. I wouldn't be where I'm met today if it wasn't for my fans. But if I'm eating with my family, like I feel like, you know, just wait till we're done, or you know, like certain things like that, and you know, living our lives on reality television, I feel like, you know you do you give so much and Nikki and I never hold back, even on our podcast, we don't hold back. But I feel like it's almost like you know, us weeklies and People's and all these great platforms. It's also like ask permission, like if you want to do a deep story and like fact check, that's the one that crazy, like there's zero fact checking.
Speaker 1: No no, I yeah, and there is zero and when they do have the proof. This is the funny. I wrote about this in my book. They were running a terrible story and it was given some information, a lot of false information from an ex boyfriend and a bitter one. I would like to just go on record. And I emailed the editor who was writing the story and being like, here there's actual text message proofs to then show that it's not that's not the truth. And she's like, well, we're going to run it anyways. I'm like, I'm giving you.
Speaker 3: Improve right what no, I mean, it's wild, like literally anyone can call TMZ, anyone can call anyone and they can just say so I heard this, and they will run it and it is like wild to me. I mean, I told Nicole, I'm like, I literally want to put so many people in check and be like, please, have you even like fact checked? Have you like you're just looking at a like simple little headline, not even reading the story, and like they make their opinions and their decisions on what they feel is right and wrong.
Speaker 1: Prell you remind me because I had you and Nikki both on are you the sister that dms the haters?
Speaker 3: No, that was Nicki, and that was I feel like roles are reversed because I'm a protective sister. It's like I feel like now I'm dming people.
Speaker 2: So that was going to be my question for you, because you guys are so like, you're my goals. I just wanted a sister. I love that you're twins. I fell in love with y'all when you were in Total Divas and I loved and I think I told you all this before, but I loved that you were always It was the first time I saw women be strong and sexy, you know, And I was like, yes, more of that as I'm like on hydroxy cut in my very bad college days, you know, but like you were that you were like positive body image for me because it was about being strong and also about having a voice, and and you were just hot and I was like, this is awesome. So you two are so bonded obviously, I mean your twins, your sister's your family. But you how how do you handle being protective because I've watched her be protective of you. I've watched you be protective of her. But like now things are really swirling, like it's crazy. Breathe, Like I mean the headlines are all over and that I can't imagine sitting and watching someone I love because I've had to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and going this is so false.
Speaker 3: Right, how do you think maybe firsthand for everything? Like you know, well, I will say how I do it is you know, I'm a very patient, loving person. I'm extremely spiritual, so I definitely use my faith to kind of like take a minute and take a breath. And I am like, okay, so I call myself. But I have more than ever I have like gone at it with people and like really because I you know, I told my sister this. I was like I get being silent and like, you know, taking the high road, but sometimes you got to put people in check and I go and it's time, and so I was just like, you know, I feel like how I sleep at night is just telling some people like the facts and everything and protecting her and I actually sleep like a baby. It's like really great. When I don't stand up for myself or use my voice, I lose sleep at night because I'm like, why do I just let that go?
Speaker 1: Like phone?
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, but it's hard. It's so it's been very.
Speaker 1: Challenging as a sister because I know what my friends. When I have dated certain people, they have seen the red flags and some have told me prior. Some chose to not tell me until later when your sister has you know, like in the last relationship, did you see the red flags and did you talk to her about them? Oh yeah? Or yeah, okay yeah before they got married.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I mean, And I feel like people saw it on the reality show, like you definitely saw some of my conversations on Total bellas I had and I was honest, And you know, it's funny because there'd be some people coming at me like you just date every guy she's with. It's like no, because I know what she deserves, Like I know where how my sister should be treated like, and I'm her twin, and like, if I don't think my twin deserves the best, then why should she think that. It's like no, I just you know, I definitely did. And I feel like for anyone when your closest friends and your family member tell you about red flags, it's like you instantly want to be stubborn and pushed back, like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: What did you think was the biggest thing that you were like, they're not going to work because of this, like they're too similar in this area, or they bought heads too much here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just felt like I just you know, for me, it was I just thought maybe they saw life differently and maybe wanted different things. And I feel like then that makes people bump heads. I also think, like, you know, they did get put in a situation where, like, you know, they became parents before getting married, and I think that's always tough because I know for my husband and I we've been married eleven years and we've had a very successful relationship, but communication was always key for us. And I even remember he and I actually did this thing. It was like this Christian workbook thing on what we see on becoming parents, and it was really interesting. We had this workbook and we were like how to discipline, how this, and then we'd like look at like then we worked with a pastor, and then you went through your answers and you really got to start to compromise, you know, before we were even trying to have kids. But I think what helped us is we had all this time to really get to know each other, to come into rhythm be not only partners, you know, in a romantic way, but also like just in life and understanding like how to live with someone. So I just maybe things just moved too fast so they didn't have the opportunity to really just like put that in motion. But communications everything, and I think that was a big thing lacking, And I think that's the one thing that is so important in a relationship for a good foundation, especially in marriage.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I get that piece I had, you know, with my now husband, we had a baby before we got married. But it's also like I was almost forty, and you know, I knew we wanted to try and the emotions you know started a little faster. But you know, you kind of skip that piece of the work that you did with your husband which really forms that amazing foundation for communication and all that. And it's like, you gotta be real strong because you've got a baby and a toddler then running around and you're if you're not on the same wavelength and communication styles and the whole thing. I mean, it's it can be hard. And I know hindsight is twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm also a reverse baby havever, so it's a little tricky, but I know hindsight's twenty twenty. But do you feel like the reality TV piece or just the public piece of this expedited that for your sister because I can't imagine feeling like you're feeling or like she's feeling. And then also it being so wildly public, that's just an unfair layer that I feels like it expedites all of the worst things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, faster.
Speaker 3: I feel like in her last couple relationships, if it wasn't put so much into the media, it would have had more fair chances. Even in our last relationship. It's almost like, and I think people actually they're hurtful comments and how you know, there's a ton of detectives or what do they call themselves on TikTok Instagram that just feel like they know stories and the way they dissect, but they don't really know. They only know what's given to them through these like you know, media platforms. So I think a lot of people don't realize your opinions can lay heavy on, like how even people like dictate what their next move is. And maybe you know, big relationships that out there don't give each other that second fair chance right as they're getting judged hard. It's like living like under a microscope. And so I think that kind of did happen with her last couple relationships. And I told her, I'm like, Nicole, we're forty one, Like we grew up with no social media. We lived life like failing and succeeding, and a lot of our failures is actually what helped our growth. And nowadays everyone thinks we got to walk on this perfect line. And I'm the first one to be like, I'm not perfect. You can judge me for it. I don't care. But she takes it hard, and I'm like, nowadays with social media, I can't imagine being a kid in today's I just can't imagine being fifteen. I went through so many weird stages and I needed those stages to become the woman I am today. But I would have been judged hard and I would have taken some weird selfies. I know that in college, but I mean I would go to Titawana. I think how I was dressed. I'm like, oh my gosh, oh, I would have died.
Speaker 2: Also, shout out to our former selves because we were really hot. Like I just went through my attic space and three and I was like, why was I even wearing clothes? We're all the same age. I was, yeah, we're all the same age. Like my BACKLA shirt, why was I even wearing?
Speaker 3: That? Was so?
Speaker 1: How did she be naked? Go girl?
Speaker 3: I am same and so and like I just like, you know, I think to myself, it was so great about that is that we got that. I mean that's like very freeing, and that was so freeing for us and we needed it. We needed to get that out. But now kids nowadays, I mean, then they'll get bullied or someone will be jealous in their friend group and then get everyone to hate them, and then it's like it turns into weird situations for the young ones. But I think for us now, it's hard for us all to live our lives almost with social media for us who didn't grow up with it, because I have forty one, I'm like, what am I getting attacked for? Like, wait, what did people want me to do? And what do they like? It's like you never feel like you can win, and you sometimes feel like you're losing a lot, but you're like, oh, whatever, I don't know it's.
Speaker 1: And the tolerance gets lower, Oh for sure. Yeah, I think for me one of the hardest things that I well, like again and I can't imagine like being a sister of this. But I come from a DV background, and so when I was reading some of the articles, because I did, I wanted to know, yeah, you know, I looked at them and when I saw the headlines and how it shaped shifted, and I looked at the comments because I I almost knew what the comments would say, because a lot of times when I read those headlines, it's like, well, I bet she did this or I bet And I'm like, why does it always go to the what the woman did and then say the woman did it, and then always and then and then them saying, well, she's a wrestler, so she's probably the aggressor. And I'm like how this is so unfair. It's like, first of all, we don't know the whole story, but also why does it switch and then just put the blame then on her because she's a wrestler, so with you as well being one in that field, like how do you kind of manage that? And those then perception of maybe then who would be the aggressor in a relationship?
Speaker 3: And you know what's crazy is the people because I would go look at like the bios and I would debate and pray really hard if I should send them a nice paragraph to their DMS, which I held back a lot, but I laughed because you guys are the same people who call wrestling fake, but all of a sudden in a situation, you want it to all a sudden be real, and that's always driven like driven US Pro wrestler is crazy when people call we do fake because you see constantly the injuries and what we put our bodies through and we actually are really doing it predetermined finishes. So yes, it's the entertainment part, but you know what we do bake. But I always find it funny with those people. It's like they use it when it's good for them and then they don't when it's not. But I've recognized this the last couple of years with a lot of big breakups and the media, and instantly the woman is the villain. And I think to myself, why, Like, is it because it's a strong, successful woman and we love seeing like we want to see her fall, so we root it on. I don't know, but it has driven me crazy and I even go, everyone keeps asking about her, but has anyone asked what he did? Anyone go look at the police report and it's like, no one does that, And I'm trying to figure that part out, and I go, is it because she may be out of the relationship bigger stars, so going after her more like means something? Not sure? But yeah, when I would see that actually the pro they're like, well, she's a pro wrestler, And I'm like, so weird because you're also the people who hate on wrestling. Right now we're going to be like it's so real, But yeah, I mean it's I still will see stuff at times and I literally it's really hard on me. I'm just like no patience for it anymore.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, what's the retreat for you? Like, how do you I know, you're a spiritual person. I feel like you guys were yoga people too.
Speaker 1: Is that true? Did I make that up? Look at me pulling from my total dubas archives. Yes?
Speaker 2: Girl, Yeah? But how what is the biggest reset then for all this? Because all of these things y'all are dealing with are really heavy. I mean, this is divorce is heavy enough without there being any sort of domestic violence allegations or like that. This is heavy, heavy stuff. So how does breathe the mom take a minute, breathe the sister to be able to get back to like less reactive and more proactive for you and your family?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean, you know, the great thing is is being with family. I mean I will say, like I have a life coach, talk to her every two weeks. It's incredible to do it for business and personal. My sister and I, you know, because we have a lot of faith. We constantly are praying. And I'm one of those like I just like I look at I'm blessed for what I have. I don't think about what I don't have. And when I say I'm not talking about material things in that way, I mean, like, okay, like my family's been through it. I mean, even my mom in the last couple of years, what she's been through, like we've been through it. But also I look at the positive things of the life we live and I get a wake up every morning. I have an incredible husband, I have two healthy children, and I have a wine brand and a thriving podcast. Like I look at all the things I have, and every night I make my kids do this and my husband and I do it. We say one thing we're grateful for, and then we say one thing we're proud of ourselves that we did that day. And I feel like constantly giving yourself affirmations really helps you get through it. And my sister, I will say this, her biggest thing when everything went down is she turned to faith because it's what we know never leaves you what feels there the strongest, and so you know, for her and I were still like that. I'm a church goer. I you know, I do a lot of my spiritual things and feel laugh. If you go in my backyard, you see a big statue of Buddha and then you see like Jesus and Mother married and my roses bring.
Speaker 1: Them all in.
Speaker 3: I bring them all in. I'm like I need all of you so a lot of help over here, but I do, and I think at the end.
Speaker 1: It's a tribe of her reason, you know, it's our tribe.
Speaker 3: Our situal tribe. I love it, and I think at the end of the day, my grandfather, full blooded Italian from South Philly, was always like, at the end of the day, you'll always have your family, and he's right. I have my thirteen cousins and their spouses that feel like brothers and sisters. I'll see all of them over Fourth of July. My aunts and uncle's in close with I'm like, the list goes on, and I'm constantly surrounded by family and that keeps me sane and humbled. They never let me be on my high horse, and that goes for my sister, and I think with that, we're so blessed. I'm like, and they just love We all love each other so hard, so I mean, we're lucky to constantly be surrounded by that, and that's helped me a lot.
Speaker 1: Some of us don't always have families, so we just pick them. Yep, gotcha, girl. X Games you're co hosting alongside Selima.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: June twenty seventh and twenty ninth, tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm so excited. Some skills full circle for me because I was when I say it was a skater chick. I dated the skater boys, never gotten on before, but you definitely saw me at the skate part.
Speaker 1: I let it each.
Speaker 3: If I got on the skateboard, I tried a couple of times to do an Alie and I did each, and I was like, you know what, Like, I don't feel like breaking bones.
Speaker 1: So I went on my daughter's hoverboard that I got her for Christmas this past year, and I mean, no, those ws by me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's like, I mean, you gotta have good balance. No, I'm so excited. You know, my sister and I. It's funny. So I was always I was definitely into the punk rock scene, very much into the extreme sports. But my sister and I when we moved back to San Diego in college, so we're talking two thousand and two, you know, Kelly Slater, Tony Hawk, all these big names. Extreme sports was on fire, and it was like to be in San Diego during that scene. It was absolutely incredible. And I'm so excited now I get a host and watch like these athletes like do to me do some of the most incredible, beautiful tricks that you'll ever see. I mean, being a pro wrestler, I feel like we can get very extreme as well. But when you watch these guys and gals out there, I'm like, you know, fearless, they're actually incredible, you know, not only athletes but artists because they're coming up with their own tricks and moves. They're getting creative, and it's it's so fun to watch. So I'm like the fact I get to be in that atmosphere, I'm like, oh my gosh, it's actually like a dream job. I'm like, I didn't even realize it until I got the call, and I'm like, oh my gosh, this is increble.
Speaker 1: And your husband is like, wait a minute, do you like these covering up here? I love tony tattoo.
Speaker 3: I used to be your style until you met me. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Yes, to have with your husband, I mean with him being a wrestler too, do you guys just like I mean, I can't imagine. Actually, do you guys like do like little routines to get into bed or.
Speaker 3: Okay, the other night sent me so he's in Mexico City right now with Adew they have a big show, and he sent me, literally I think it was last night last night, these outfits and they're wild, and he goes, I want you and I to just show up and like at some independent show and just wrestle, and like no one, I'm like, only yo. But then I also told him, ooh, I like that.
Speaker 2: I know. I was like, I think my husbands sending me similar, but I have no talent in the rest.
Speaker 3: Like I know. He even like goes, should we dress the kids up? Tail? And I'm like, oh my gosh, we're so that family. But like we'll be cooking in this kitchen and like it we're so the types like if I'm cooking, or if he's cooking, really I'll like jump behind him and do like a fool Nelson, or like we'll just like you know, wrestle around. And it's I love it. I love that I got to do it with him and wrestling. We have this like really weird carny talk, like we have just these words and he and I will do it about the kids and like it makes us laugh so hard, but no one has any idea what we're talking about. But it's it's so fun.
Speaker 1: Well, because you don't have any headlines of you know, your picture perfect. What what where do you guys struggle?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, actually the one thing where we struggle is where we live, which is I feel like people saw us move all the time on the reality shows. But like my husband really wants to live in the Pacific Northwest, which I love, but I also like to be by family and work and that's kind of how I function. And so I will say this Northern California has definitely been our big compromise. He gets his trees, he gets his rain, we get more seasons, we're very close to like Tahoe and you know, seventy like different places and so but that was always like it was hard on us for a minute. Like when we're living in Arizona. He's like, I love that we're by your family because my mom my brother there. He goes, but I'm I'm miserable here. He's like, I need rain, and he goes, you get three inches a year here. He's like, Brie, I feel like this is a dying city. And I'm like, oh my gosh. So we would struggle on that because I was I can't just like move, you know, to the like Aberdeen Washington, I would be so depressed. Yeah, and he thrives. He thrives in the gloom like he all of a sudden he'll get energy. And I'm like, you're the only person who gets energy when it's gloomy.
Speaker 1: You guys are APPA based now right? Is that correct? And you love it? We'll see you soon, girl, girls drip NAPA.
Speaker 3: Really, you guys gonna stop by the tasting room.
Speaker 1: I love, Yeah, I love so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speak easy. I mean so I never go wine tasting because you live here and you like do it your first couple of months and then never again. I went yesterday to Promontory. I think that's the best tasting and I've ever done in a NAPA.
Speaker 1: It was really.
Speaker 3: I mean, you walk in and they pop dong, that's like your starter.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, never had don before? That real? Which part domb?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is that champagne? Yeah, I've never had it?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, agree.
Speaker 2: We've got some Yeah, we've got some tasting. I don't know me too, honey, but a little dom never heard anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tastes the stars when you drink that.
Speaker 1: O my girl. All right, well girl, we know you have lots to do, so thank you for coming on the show. We appreciate you, and uh you again. Everyone listen to your podcasts all of it and leave a nice comment.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, let's be a little sweeter. I mean, that's the thing I keep saying. I'm like, if you look around, it feels like the world is in a really hard place. Like we just keep seeing like just sadness everywhere. All we can do is just spread love and be kind. It is so easy to be kind. It must drain people so much to be mean and have these like really like evil hearts. I think. But if we can just spread love and kindness, gosh, we're gonna win. Everyone's gonna win, and just like unite, Like if we can just unite.
Speaker 1: Wow, put your husband in a full nelson.
Speaker 3: I should literally, I know right now.
Speaker 2: I can tell it's in your body. I can see it trying to come out of you. I'm glad we're not in the same room.
Speaker 1: Actually, I might.
Speaker 3: Wrestle her and be like, girl, lock up, come on.
Speaker 1: I should have been a wrestler because I love like you know do You're scrappy.
Speaker 3: And I've been dying because we've been training together. She got me lifting again, and.
Speaker 1: So are you going to get back in the ring? Now, that's my call.
Speaker 3: So I would love to. I've not gotten a call yet, so I don't know if like someone's lost my number something. I don't know, And i'd love to put it out here on the show, but then i'd get a lot of people calling me. But yeah, I mean, I hey, when you are a wrestler, like we always retire, everyone retires like a hundred times, but that love and passion for the ring never leaves you. Originally, as you get older, it's harder. And what you're seeing the women do right now at WWEAWTNA, I mean, the list goes on incredible athletes and they're doing incredible things, and I always think, like, how can I ask get in there? So I would love to, especially see Nikki back and her excitement with it all. I'm like, girl, you need your tag partner. So hopefully I'm hoping. But after every work, every time we live, we'll lock up and we just think, and our trainer it just like trips them out. He's like, you guys are wild, but we have so much fun. We'll see each other across the room and we're just like running for a walk up. We're like, yeah, I love you, I'll teach you. Guys. Come out to wine.
Speaker 1: Country okay, great, get we'll get up tipsy on wine and then pull back out again.
Speaker 3: Best way to train.
Speaker 1: Okay. I love it. I'm excited. I cannot wait to see you get out of retirement for the ninth time. Things are going to be great. We'll be there front room, cute fans by girl Bye.