Speaker 1: What's up, faithful, Welcome back to the forty nine Ers First and ten podcast presented by Cisco. I'm your host Brian McDonald. I'm joined with forty nine Ers team reporter Lindsay Plaraz and forty nine Ers insider. As you said, Epik, welcome guys back to the podcast. Today, we are breaking down the forty nine Ers twenty twenty five schedule reveal, giving some mini camp updates on the team. But Lindsay, first thing, I want to know what was your first reaction to seeing the full twenty twenty five schedule.
Speaker 2: Okay, my eyes immediately go to a Week fourteen by which is I've never seen anything like that for the Niners. So I did some digging. It's a first to have the buy that late in the schedule. During the Kyle Shanahan, John Lynch Era and I went back as far as two thousand and three, the Niners have not had to buy week in week fourteen, So that's something that definitely stood out in terms of I mean, I guess we won't know how things play out right, it depends on how the team is doing at that point, but it's certainly very very late into the season. You know, quick hits five primetime games, which was cool to see. There were six last years, so definitely keeping theme with that. And yeah, you know the Niners are playing the fourth place schedule. I think that bodes well for a big comeback, kind of this re energizing of the team. So I'm excited and obviously starting the year off against the Seattle Seahawks is kind of a cool thank so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of I wanted to know your thoughts on the home versus awaye schedule and what that balance is.
Speaker 2: Out like, Yeah, I think it's a little tough early in the season, to be honest. Those first nine games, only three of them are going to be here at home, So on the back end of the schedule we'll see a lot of you guys, the faithful here at Levi Stadium, but a lot of back to back road games in that first chunk of the season. And I won't say like pre buy because the buy is coming in Week fourteen, but very very heavy on the road game schedule early in the year.
Speaker 1: Well, hazees, I also want to know your first impressions of the schedule. What part of the schedule do you think we'll test this team the most Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, I want to talk a little bit about the bye week. I think ideally it would be better if it's like like a week a week nine, like in the middle of the season. But it's much better to have it like in week fourteen than for example, back in twenty nineteen when the team obviously had a really good season, But I remember that year they have it around week five, so it was.
Speaker 4: Way too early.
Speaker 3: So I think it's much better to have it later than too early. That way, if you're preparing life for a playoff run in December, you get that bye week that the players they have the chance to recover. But back to your questions about the harder part of the schedule.
Speaker 4: It could be in general.
Speaker 3: On paper, obviously the schedule doesn't look really hard. But at this point of the year, I think it doesn't make too much sense to talk about which team is going to be good, which is bad because that we have their record from last year, but a lot of them since they finished last in their divisions, they had the chance to acquire very high draft picks, so yeah, they could. Things could change a lot, But for example, looking at the schedule, I think one of the hardest parts of it is when in Week five when you have to go play the Rams in Los Angeles, and then the following week you had to play Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa and that's a ten am game. So so yeah, I think those those two games are argainst are really really good teams back.
Speaker 1: To back perfect And Lindsay you just mentioned those five primetime games. Does that feel like the right amount given the profile of this team.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously twenty twenty four not the season that you know, anyone in this organization wanted. We know this, but if you look at the recent history of the Niners, lots of success, have reached the NFC champinished multiple times over the last five years, a Super Bowl berth at the end of that twenty twenty three season. So I think the five primetime games, you know, you talk about a lot of teams that didn't do great in twenty twenty four and revamped. The Niners were able to pick eleventh overall in the draft. They really really went heavy on the defensive side of the ball in the draft, like they're coming back strong. That's the plan. That's obviously not a unique plan. A lot of organizations are also doing this. So I think this shows a lot of high hopes for the forty nine ers in twenty twenty five. I think it reflects the high level of play that you're going to see from this organization come this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really exciting. Faithful a list for you going into twenty twenty five of which times the Niners are going to be in primetime Week five versus the Los Angeles Rams. That's going to be on Thursday Night Football, Week seven, versus the Atlanta Falcons, Sunday Night Football, Week twelve, versus the Carolina Panthers, Monday Night Football Week sixteen, Indianapolis Colts. Also Monday Night Football Week seventeen, the week right after Chicago Bears on Sunday Night Football. He's I want to know, when you're calling these games and they're in primetime, do you see any players or moments that really shine in primetime versus a regular time game.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously, since the Niners have like a lot of stars on the team, even though we lost a lot of players in free agency, but you know, we still have a lot of good players like Christian McCaffrey, your skittle, So there's a lot of opportunity for different, different guys to show up in primetime, and it's just a different atmosphere, even like our routine I think feels different when you're preparing to call the game. You see, like people are way more excited and their the lives of Monday night football or Sunday night football, Thursday night football. So yeah, it's a different environment and we definitely have a lot of players has good options to shine during prime time.
Speaker 1: Throughout all your history calling games here at Leby Stadium. Do you have a favorite primetime moment that comes to mind?
Speaker 3: Primetime moment, I will say maybe yourge Skittle against the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was very fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, and obviously because of the big rivalry with the Cowboys, so so yeah, that was very very fun and coming from George Kittle usually every everything does, really it is really fun.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite primetime moment?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I mean I hate to copy, but yes, and I would say the twenty twenty three version of that primetime game because a certain a certain attired choice by George.
Speaker 1: Kittle that we don't really talk about.
Speaker 2: Your waves and I just you know, if you know, you know, but very fun to see and it's kind of again just a rivalry renewed, and it just kind of gets the competitive juices flowing for everyone and kind of like, as you said, Monday night football, Sunday night football, Thursday night football. It just brings about this air at the stadium. You kind of have to be here to really feel it. But when you know you've got national attention, I think everybody shows up with a little extra juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know the faithful are looking forward to that. But not only do we feel that energy in the air at Levice Stadium, but also on the road. The forty nine Ers invasion is soon to come in twenty twenty five. Also, cities and days are still to be announced. But lindsay, what can fans look forward to in these fan invasions? What are the events like on the road?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I it took me. I think I made my second season was when I went to my first invasion and I was blown away by you know, you know, there's a lot of forty nine Ers fans everywhere, but to see them all congregated in cities not attached to the Bay Area, to me, it's fascinating. It's awesome. And they are just as energetic as the season ticket holders that you see coming every Sunday during the football season. So it's a large gathering of Niners fans. Everyone's decked out, there's the like big Niner chains, jerseys. Everything is awesome. There's a lot of food, beverages. Our fan engagement team does a really great job of bringing in a love to come to all of the invasions. There's raffles and games, and I think it's just like a good It's like a Pepper rally. It's a Pepper rally but better and you get to just make a bunch of new friends. I've met a lot of fans on the road that like they come and pregame the game day experience there and then you see them at the game the next day is really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a huge forty nine Ers, faithful party hazies. From a team perspective, do you think these fan takeovers give the forty nine Ers a real edge on the road When you see that stadium that's not Levi Stadium still covered.
Speaker 4: In red, Oh, definitely definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I remember back in twenty twenty, back in twenty two, Yeah, twenty twenty two I was part of, like of all the invasions and during those away games, like looking at all those forty nine Ers fans, it was amazing. Even the players say, I think sometimes like guys like Fred Warner said, man, it feels like we're at Levi Stadium, so so yeah, it is definitely different in that stands for the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Well faithful, stay tuned to the forty nine or social channels to check out those fan invasion dates. Now let's get on to our schedule release video with the forty nine Ers rebranding being announced on social media. If you haven't seen the new look, you could check it out on forty nine ers dot Com and the team's social media channels. But this year the theme is leaning into that Western look, hence the concept of the schedule reveal video playing off that classic eight Big Game Oregon Trail and making it our own called the Golden Trail. Lindsay, can you share just how big schedule release date is for media teams across the NFL.
Speaker 2: It's honestly a creative super Bowl. I don't know if that's the right term for it, but I think every organization's creative team, so whether content marketing, videography, whichever way you go with these schedule release videos, it's like who can do better? And sometimes it's social media concepts that really take off. Sometimes it's like the more stylized ones, like we saw with our schedule release video. I just love that it is. It's got that flavor of competition right and it's all in good fun. I love watching, honestly all of the schedule release videos because sometimes the ideas are very outlandish and they totally work. And for our schedule release video, I would like to say shout out to our co worker Mason Ye, the person that you will see in the intro of this video. I think the intro is actually my favorite part because it reminds me and I'm going to date myself here, but of the movie Jumanji. It has those same type of cinematic vibes, so I really love that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I loved seeing the teases throughout social media and all the fans dropping in comments, the eyeballs or what is this so excited that it's finally out?
Speaker 4: Hazies.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on the team's rebranding, sort of leaning into not only the history of the team, but the history of California with that western look.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it's great because when you look at the history of the forty nine Ers, like at the Callers looking here at the helmet, they always stay light truth to their history, even even with the name of the team, like the forty nine Ers, the goal garage, the Callers their goal there red.
Speaker 4: So I love it. I definitely love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, faithful. If you haven't seen the schedule reveal video yet, it is live on forty nine ers YouTube channel and on forty nine ers dot Com, be sure to check it out. Also, if you haven't seen it, there's a tease at the very end hinting to a part two. To keep your eyes peeled. There's a lot more exciting news to come. Now, let's close out today's episode with some mini camp updates. Lindsay, can you introduce us to the new coordinators, what they've shared and what you've observed from their coaching style so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, there's actually just really one new face, and we have we've talked a little bit about him as they were all getting hired, but Klay Kubiak taking over as offensive coordinator. He's been with the organization for several years, just kind of a natural progression to become an offensive coordinator and his coaching journey here with the Niners. And then we have the return of Robert Sala, now a defensive coordinator departed in twenty twenty one after being here for four seasons, back in the building, has some head coaching experience under his belt. And then we have Brant Boyer, who spent nine seasons with the New York Jets, worked previously with Robert Sala, has you know, been credited with creating some really successful special teamers across the league.
Speaker 1: So that is a.
Speaker 2: Completely new ish, new ish set of coordinators for the Niners. We heard them talk for the first time before the players the rookies actually hit the field for Rookie Minni Camp. I'll talk a little bit just about Robert Sala, you know, I think it was I think his return is very much highly anticipated by a lot of the fan base also the coaching staff. And I think one of the things that stuck out to me is that he said he's just returning with a new perspective after having three plus seasons of head coaching experience, and he said he has a lot of empathy for head coaches now because he's been in those shoes and he's just very indebted to the organization that they gave him kind of that pathway for success and that pathway to become ultimately a head coach, and he's, you know, ready to do this again with him, stuff with Kyle Shanahan, with John Lynch.
Speaker 1: Well, his is what are your first impressions of these rookies during rookie Minicamp?
Speaker 3: Well, for starting like with Michael Williams, he was impressive. Obviously, you know in the in the rookie minicamps, they don't have the paths and we know that comes on until training camp, so we still have to wait for for that. They do a lot of you know, seven and seven individual drills, but on those individual drills, like Michael Williams and man, oh my god, he was impressive. You could you could feel his power even from from the distance when we were watching him. Yeah, he looks like really really strong and he could I think he's obviously respecting a lot of big things from from him.
Speaker 4: Obviously, guys like like CJ. A. West.
Speaker 3: Even when he talked to the media, you see his great personality and one thing I obviously heard like from the rookies, like during those press conferences that a lot of them mentioned that is going to be that they have the feeling that is going to be like a really closer group, And I think that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. I know this was rookie mini camp, but have any veteran players made a presence and shown their leadership at practice obviously.
Speaker 3: In practice, not really, but a lot of those rookies said that they had the chance to meet like guys like Christian McCaffrey, obviously Fred Warner. So so they're in the building. So yeah, that's obviously good, especially for these John guys.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Now that we wrap up, lindsay, if fans could only make it to one game this season, which do you think is the must attend matchup?
Speaker 2: Ah, one game at Levi Stadium or on the.
Speaker 1: Road anywhere, just any game on the schedule.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hate to say this, but it is a core memory of mine is a game at Loomin Field. This one's a little bit different, and I do realize it is the season opener, but Blumenfield at night on a Thursday night has been my one of my favorite moments of every season. I've actually never been there in the day, so I don't know why, but I'm gravitating towards that one. So go to the season opener, come out being, come out strong, and then obviously come to every other one after that.
Speaker 1: Yes, we need the Faithful's presence and weak one and Seahawks Niners is always an iconic matchup. His is which game are you personally most.
Speaker 4: Excited to cover?
Speaker 1: And tell me why.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 3: It's a very hard question because I'm excited about all of them. But if I have to pick one, definitely, he has to be the home opener. I meant it's on the Cardinals. Yeah, division rival, because you want to start strong in your division.
Speaker 4: You're facing Seattle.
Speaker 3: Obviously week one, that's an away game, but yeah, you have to you got to start with a win, and I think people are going to be.
Speaker 4: Like, really, really excited.
Speaker 3: It's always tough to play against a guy like Calor Murray running around having to chase him, but yeah, I think it's a it's a really good, good game to be the home opener this this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome. Well, Faithful. With the twenty twenty five schedule now revealed, tickets are on sale. Head over to forty nine ers dot com slash schedule to pick up your tickets. Also, stay tuned for more coverage from the forty nine ers. We've got ots coming up very soon, and we'll have it all covered here on first and ten. So subscribe to YouTube, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye, guys,