Speaker 1: Hey, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Yes, how many movies do you think have been created where it's switching places?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I mean I think we'd at least be in the hundreds, don't you think?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have no answer to that. It's not like I haven't set up where I'm like, it's fifty eight.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just seems like there's lots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think there's over one hundred over a hotiday, right.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem like, you know, but in most of them.
Speaker 3: Again, although it's not reinventing the wheel, if they can do it in a way that like is entertaining, I'll take it.
Speaker 5: And I also enjoy.
Speaker 3: Because of like acting experience, and you know, knowing how hard it is to do something like that, I give the actors props.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, so pitching one few quickly right now? Okay, it's two podcasts hosts that switch places. So I become a young mom of two kids who has to do dancing recitals and all that kind of stuff, and you become the kind of like no kids, fun loving fifty year old guy just kind of roam in the world having fun.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Well, that's like my every Wednesday daydream.
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 5: Is that what it is like on Wednesdays? What does Will do.
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 5: Am I doing sweating profusely? No makeup house Wednesdays?
Speaker 2: Every day, every day, two to four snap time. Everyone knows that that's how it should be.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to.
Speaker 2: Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart wave tsunamis and I could sleep an extra three hours a day.
Speaker 1: I'm Wilfordell and.
Speaker 5: I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: You better work girl. Yeah, there it is. No, I'm glad you did it. No, that's what I'm so glad you did it.
Speaker 2: Because this week we are diving into the world of high fashion body doubles and the origin of a pop star. Yeah, actually it's technically a pop movie star. Well, we'll get into it. It's two thousands wonderful world of Disney Entry model behavior. This movie, premiered on March twelve, two thousand, was based on the book titled Janine and Alex Alex and Janine by Michael A. Graubart. I hope I'm saying that right. Michael Gaubart Levin. Levin has been called the Michael Jordan of ghost writers. Get this, having written, edited, or published more than one thousand books over thirty five years.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a thousand people year over thirty five years.
Speaker 2: He's built a twenty million dollar consultation business and appeared on TV shows like Shark Tank as a guest entrepreneur. The guy is the guru of the written word. Truly amazing, and here he is with an entry into the universe of d coms.
Speaker 1: He has done it all.
Speaker 2: This was filmed in the Disney Channel Capital to the North. Yes, our wonderful neighbors to.
Speaker 5: The north, Oh Canada.
Speaker 2: Oh Canada. Go smell one of their twenty dollars bills. They smell like maple syrup. I'm not even making that up and that's true, Swear to god. Many people have called this gender bending comedy a cross between the Parent Trap and Freaky Friday.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. We can call it Parent.
Speaker 2: Friday, Freaky Wednesday, Freaky Trap, but in reality it is a modernized take on the classic Prince and the Popper story, and it still gets talked about quite a bit years later. But that's really because of its soundtrack and very impressive cast where we get yet another actor playing two different characters. We've seen this a lot. I feel like we've been doing a lot of these a lot lately. We just did me too, the other me. You did that last time. Me too is a movement. The other me is an Andy Lawrence movement. That's what it was. So it was the other me, I think, is the one we were looking for.
Speaker 5: Or so you didn't just call me out Jim It all right?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 5: What's the other one we did? We did another one.
Speaker 1: We've done a bunch of these, lots of people characters.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: While we will get into Justin Timberlake and his role in this film soon, let's first talk music itself, most notably the song here we Go One More Time by end Sync.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: This you better stop it.
Speaker 1: This was my in sync people.
Speaker 2: This is when they used to sing for our Disney This is one of the songs they would sing over and over and over again for us at all the Disney events. Yes, wow, it appear to this as well as what I would argue is one of the songs that it is impossible including for people like me, who couldn't dance if our lives depended on it? Not to move and shake to it is Walking on Sunshine but by Katrina and the Waves. Every time it's on, you just got to move your feet. Plus entries from the Rhythmics and switch Foot also very notable additions for a d com. It is very music heavy, but I would like to focus specifically on a girl group that I have a history with, because not only do they have four songs on this soundtrack.
Speaker 1: They also show up in the movie It's Nobody's Angel, a Disney signed act that if you're a Boy Meets World fan, they're known as the Waitresses. Sean runs into during his senior road trip in what was truly a that crazy episode of Boy Meets World that we of course did on Pod Mets World. As a fellow girl band or Sabrina, Had you ever heard of Nobody's Angel or worked with them or any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Never worked with them, but for sure had their like single. At least for sure this was my I mean, I loved pop groups. I love the girl ones, the boy ones, the ones with girls and boys like.
Speaker 5: The pop groups were it. It was awesome, So I.
Speaker 2: Can only think of one with both girls and boys. Can you think of more than one?
Speaker 1: I can only think of one. I think I could S Club seven. Okay, my club ain't no party like an S club party. Of course, I'm sucking.
Speaker 5: The hell out of me today.
Speaker 3: I know these songs come on, Yes, I mean, well, that's the only one I can think of. But there was definitely more as the time went on. There was, like I said, there was just pop groups coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pop groups, pop group time, million.
Speaker 3: Girl groups, a million boy groups. It just was that that was this era for sure.
Speaker 2: Were you ever in another pop group other than the Cheetah Girls? Did you ever worry we ever in another girl group? Would you ever go to start another girl I was.
Speaker 3: There was one of the agents within the group that had gotten four or five of us, or no, five or five, around five or six of us.
Speaker 5: But it was a girl and guy group. But it was all made out of dancers.
Speaker 3: We got together, did a meeting, we had a rehearsal, we met with the producer, and then nothing.
Speaker 1: What was the name of the band? Did you even have a name?
Speaker 5: I don't even think we had a band.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like there was a core of us and we couldn't find the others, and then it kind of just never went anywhere.
Speaker 1: All right. I would like to propose the name Sabrina, and the nobody's that's why.
Speaker 2: That's the name I'm gonna pick, and it is now Kennon, thank you very much. Rotten Tomatoes has this movie sitting at sixty five percent, which all things considered, is actually pretty okay. I'll take a d com in the sixty to seventy percent range any day. Hell, in this day and age, I'll take a Marvel.
Speaker 1: Movie at sixty five percent. So that's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: This film has one of my absolute favorite movie tropes of all time.
Speaker 1: Is the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: It works every time because it's so stupid it doesn't actually ever work, which is when an extraordinarily attractive actress is dressed up as a nerd by giving.
Speaker 1: Her glasses and putting her hair up. Yep, that's it.
Speaker 2: So at some point she can just take off those glasses and let her hair down and oh my god, she was gorgeous all the time.
Speaker 1: Whaa wow, we didn't see that.
Speaker 2: She was actually a ten Are you kidding me? Come on, it is just pure not cinema. I absolutely love it. And here we get a double whammy because the hot girl and the nerd girl are played by this Yes, that's right, but before we get into that, you can watch model behavior right now.
Speaker 1: But for the first time.
Speaker 2: Ever, we had to get a little creative, and we talked about this on the last podcast where Tara producer Tara suited up in a stealth suit and we had to break into the CIA Disney building much the same way as Tom Cruise in a mission possible where if she touched the floor everything.
Speaker 1: Would have been over.
Speaker 2: Had a harness and a rope, and she came down and she was able to sneak off in a fire truck. Yes, through rigorous research and intense navigation from said produce Atara, we found a way to watch it.
Speaker 1: Through the Internet archive. That's right.
Speaker 2: This movie is so forgotten that we had to go back in time with a site that makes.
Speaker 1: Sure things don't get lost forever. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So we'll be putting the link that we used in the show notes and on our Instagram so you can go and watch it now before we get.
Speaker 1: Into it or after. Either way, it's going to ruin the Tour, the World Tour. Yeah, that's right, but to.
Speaker 5: Be to give you a little bit of a side barter disclaimer.
Speaker 3: When you pull it up, there's a weird image on it.
Speaker 1: It looks like Freddy Krueger.
Speaker 3: It looks like Freddy Krueger. So I'm like, uh, did they just give me the wrong link? And oh no, and no it's the movie. I got a little worried at first.
Speaker 2: It is not the best quality, We'll be honest with you. Watch it on the smallest screen, if you can watch it on.
Speaker 5: The watch made me more nervous about it than it actually was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too bad, but it's like watching something on the youtubes where it's like, Okay, this is ripped from TV. It doesn't look great, but you get the gist of what's going on totally. And I ask you this every week because we're supposed to. It's part of our contract. Had you heard of this movie before?
Speaker 5: I had seen it once?
Speaker 1: You've seen this before once? Yes?
Speaker 3: You know ginormous fan of in Sync like ginormous, So anything any of them ever did outside of their group, I would watch. But I wasn't like a giant like are giant fan lots of our producers giant fans. There wasn't a movie I watched over and over again, but I liked it. I remember liking it, but wasn't I guess at the age demo to be obsessed with it the way I think there are a lot of our fans are going to be nostalgic and obsessed about this one.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I talked to produce again, you watch it over and over. Yeah, She's like, you watched this movie over and over and over.
Speaker 3: Again, you can rewatching it. I was like, Oh, this was this movie was probably giant, giant.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure knock knock, who's there. I never heard of this movie before it came. Now, let's remodel your mirror and look into your own eyes. It's time for the synopsis. When shy, awkward Alex Burrows dreams of escaping her ordinary teenage life, she discovers that she looks exactly like glamorous teen supermodel Jeanine Adams. After the two girls switch places, Alex is thrust into the cutthroat world of fashion, while Janine experiences normal high school life, leading both to discover who they really are and what truly met. This movie was directed by Mark Rossman. He had directed a wonderful World of Disney movie called Time Flyer early in his career, and would go on to direct a very few decoms, including the often referenced Life Size with Lindsay Lohan and Tire Banks. He has some other big titles on his resume, including A Cinderella Story The Perfect Man, both with Hillary Duff, which makes sense because he directed a lot of The Lizzie McGuire Show too. It also kind of awesome that Rossman began his career with a genre B movie, the nineteen eighty two slasher The House on Sorority Row, so certainly a fun career trajectory. Now let's get into the very impressive cast. Maggie Lawson stars in this movie as Alex Burrows and Jannine Adams, pulling off the dcom double duty, something we just recently saw in Andy Lawrence's Me Too.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, that's what Sabrina calls it. It is the other Me.
Speaker 2: Lawson is best known as Juliette in Psych, but has been acting since she was a kid, even appearing on Boy Metsworld some other shows you've seen her on as a kid, Step by Step Home Improvement, Party of Five, and Felicity. But as she grew up, she continued to work and work and work, and work and work. She's seen in films like Pleasantville, Gamer and a bunch of popular Christmas movies and TV shows like Two and a Half Men, Party of Five, and The Ranch. She is also incredibly talented and a very very nice person. Next up, and I think we're forced to put her in the Dabney Reynolds chair. It's TV host Hall of Famer Kathy Lee Gifford as Deirdre.
Speaker 1: From nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Five to two thousand, she was the host of Live with Regis and Kathie Lee.
Speaker 1: I hope I did the exclamation point.
Speaker 2: Proud there a staple of daytime TV that even I was on that revolutionized the timesplot I will never forget.
Speaker 1: I walked out and Reis looked at me and went, wow, look at the stars in this kid's eyes. It was the greatest entrance I've ever had.
Speaker 5: It's true, you still have them? Will you still have you?
Speaker 1: Thank you, those wide eye stars.
Speaker 2: She is now part of another massive TV program, co hosting the fourth hour of NBC's Today Show alongside Hoda. She's been nominated for eleven Daytime Emmy nominations, winning one.
Speaker 1: But she has done it all.
Speaker 2: She's a singer and actress, a host, a spokesperson, and a great talk show guest too. She's a legend. And her son Cody is in this movie as well. He plays Max Adams and is a terrible, terrible actor. Then making his film debut, It Is Justin Timberlake as Jason Justin Timberlake, became famous as a founding member of the legendary boy band n Sinc.
Speaker 1: I Think is how you pronounce it?
Speaker 2: Sink n Sync, always the Golden Boys standout heart throb of the five members. He eventually put together a very impressive solo career and a pivot to Hollywood. He appeared in the true crime drama Alpha Dog, The Social Network, Friends with Benefits, and Palmer, but is now best known as the voice of Branch and the Trolls movies. Also worth noting, he is a Hall of Fame SNL host. I'm not even gonna ask, because you've already told me you're clearly Was he your favorite of the end Sinkers? Ah?
Speaker 5: No, Do you know what's crazy?
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that as I was watching the movie. Then thinking about it, you know, over the last couple of days, I wasn't really a giant fan of any of them, particularly individually.
Speaker 5: I didn't have a crush on end any of them.
Speaker 3: I didn't think any of them were like so gorgeous except for now my homie Joey Fatone.
Speaker 5: You know you're the best. But at the time, I.
Speaker 3: Really legitimately didn't have that for in Sync. What I loved about in Sync isse I thought they were phenomenal, and I thought they were so talented. Their songs were so good, their music videos were so creative. I thought they were the best boy band out there, absolutely hands down. But I was realizing that watching this movie. I think I always kind of thought like, oh, yeah, I'm sure I had a crush. I never had a crush on any of them, which is weird.
Speaker 1: Do you hear a crush on growing up?
Speaker 5: Jesse from Full House?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Stand out?
Speaker 1: There you go. So you're a John Stamos fan?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Huge.
Speaker 3: He just posted something about him singing in Japan and I was like, oh man, how much is it to get to jam?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 1: How many yen are you going.
Speaker 3: To spend to go over and see this guy, I would, Okay, but yeah, I guess, yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like I had to see from.
Speaker 1: Full house is a perfectly acceptable answer. Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, I saw Backstreet Boy Sphere again. I've talked about it. It's such a phenomenal show, and I got to we asked them, you know, hey, do you think n Sink should do this? What would it take to get them back together? And just the idea of and sinc it sphere would be phenomenal. I mean, they would sell it out every night, just like Backshit Boys did because they it's a.
Speaker 1: Great venue in a great band. They really were.
Speaker 2: And I mentioned these girls earlier, but Boy and Podmets World fans will recognize Nobody's angel playing themselves. The girl group was signed by Disney Records and were placed all over their programming in an attempt to blow them up, including a somewhat strange episode of Boy Meets World back set in a diner. If this is another example of the studio's attempted synergy, even if unfortunately it failed in the end, and this movie runs, oh oh, it's a wonderful dish that I want to suckle at the teat of it runs eighty five minutes. Love it guys, not ninety but close enough and most importantly short enough.
Speaker 1: You know what they say under ninety and that is findy.
Speaker 2: No one actually says that, And I'm embarrassed that I just did, and I just want you all to know that I apologize.
Speaker 1: And the movie has three writers.
Speaker 2: First up, we have David Koukoff and Matt Rushkau, a writing team that didn't really have a ton of credits, but.
Speaker 1: They are heavy on the d coms, and they wrote a little.
Speaker 2: Film called hh, Double hockey Sticks, the movie starring the beautiful Matt Lawrence and.
Speaker 5: Newbody No No No I.
Speaker 1: Was in it too.
Speaker 2: They also wrote Mister Had Mistress Switching Goals and the ABC family film with my pal Christi Cars from Romano called Campus Confidential. Then we have Michael Levine or Levine, and this is his only writing credit. This is another one of those situations we've talked about a number of times where someone had the idea and they were paired off with somebody that Disney trusted. Happens all the time, and so it's almost the fallball. So let's get a guy to like you by lying about your identity let's get into model behavior. We open at a house party and we experience it from behind a camquarder. Remember those people. People are dancing, couples are making out, and sweater vests are worn by all. We meet Alex, who Sharon the videographer has found locked in a bedroom. Alex is dweebee. You can tell because she has glasses. So is Sharon, who's also wearing glasses, and their hair.
Speaker 1: Isn't long and flowy. Nerds.
Speaker 2: Sharon says that the so ridiculous, but it's true, these two incredibly beautiful.
Speaker 1: Girls that are the nerds of the school. Yes, Sharon says.
Speaker 2: The target is in the living room and she's talking about cutie Eric Singer, a hunk that barely knows Alex exists. But the fallball is in two weeks and she needs a date. Sharon acts as the perfect type woman, telling her she's funny and cool and the next fresh face in the fashion industry. The speech gives her bestie enough confidence to leave the bathroom and boom, she bumps literally right into Eric's singer. But before she can say anything other than well, hello.
Speaker 1: Her pager goes off.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh so comforting, welcome back to Pager's magical rewind always happy to see you return. Instinctially, she tells Eric it's her mom and dad, then quickly corrects herself it's someone else's mom and dad. Eric wants to know one thing, though, can she please move? He needs to go to the bathroom, and to add insult to injury, some cool girls saw the whole thing go down and call her a bag lady. Alex leaves the party, thinking her sad, sack nerd life will never change cause again glasses, she doesn't have much of a life ahead of her. When she returns home, she's startled by the bright light of her little brother's camcorder. There's cam quarters all over this movie two. In the first ninety seconds. He's busting her for missing curfew. Wants upstairs. Her dad expresses his disappointment because she's too tired for school and work. She helps him with catering. She admits she's now the junior class spinster and closes herself off in her bedroom. Now in bed, she looks at the new you have teen Flair, which I'm sure was suposed to be teen beat or teen people. She dreams of a life like the cover girl being a supermodel would just be the best. As she falls asleep, we cut to that beautiful cover girl, Janine Adams, trying to order some greasy Chinese food from her house, which by the way, has a car inside of it. She's interrupted by her mom, Deirdre, disappointed that she's ordering fattening foods, she takes the phone away and orders her steam broccoli. Yes, it is return to that fan favorite, another reoccurring theme of d COM's weight issues and eating disorders for young women. These are just so common in the media at the time. Yep, Well, we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: We get a mention of Star sixty nine here too, Sabrina, do you remember.
Speaker 5: How that was?
Speaker 3: I was like Star sixty nine on my Sabrina seeds like, oh, that used to be the best thing you could do on a phone line, A landline, people, a land line the call killer.
Speaker 2: Yes, Janine is set off to do a face mask and we established that she has a real mamager type with Kathy Lee Gifford. Also, Jeanne's little brother, played by Kathy Lee's son, booked a photoshoot that will send them off to Aruba for two weeks, leaving Jeanine home alone. She's clearly excited to be away from the pressures of her stage mom. Now in bed, she sees herself on TV. It's a House of Fashion magazine show all about how she's taking the fashion world by storm, and she's gotten the attention of fellow team model Hatty and lothario Jason Sharp.
Speaker 1: Okay, bear with me.
Speaker 2: This does not excite Jeanine, who quickly changes the channel to the Food Network. It's about baking cakes and she loves it. Cooking seems to be a real passion. But as soon as she's experiencing joy, Deirja yells at her lights out House of Fashion more like House Arrest. Okay, can anyone, especially back in the day, name a male seventeen year old supermodel.
Speaker 1: Was there even such a thing? Did that exist?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think Ashton Kutcher was reason after Runway at walking the Runway at seventeen, Riley Smith.
Speaker 5: Yes, Riley Smith talked about it. He was a model. He was like York runway model, right, he.
Speaker 2: Might have been walking. But nobody knew Ashton Kutcher back in the day as a model. Nobody knew Ashton Kutcher until he was on He was an actress.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see what There wasn't a famous teen.
Speaker 1: Model that was a guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean when they said that the famous teen supermodel, and like that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: You're making up a category.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And why couldn't have he just been a pop star?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like he like he was?
Speaker 2: Why couldn't he been Musten Stimberlake? Like why why would they named Mustin Musten?
Speaker 6: Great name.
Speaker 2: I get a kid, now that's his name. It's gonna be little Mustin girl or boy. This is the Mustiest exactly, this is my son Musten.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. Okay, Yeah, I just didn't. It didn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 5: But any Yeah, no, that's true. That's a good point because that's.
Speaker 1: Making a pop star. It didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no such thing as a male teen supermodel. It's not a category.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Make him, there's so much Make must In an actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The next morning, we are back at Alex's house.
Speaker 2: She tries to get her dad to look at her sketches, but he's busy working on the catering job, which of course.
Speaker 1: She's dressed to help at.
Speaker 2: Alex also announces she's on a diet because we can't just have one female character unhealthily mentioning her weight. But we need to also Alex got some mail. It's a letter from the Fashion Institute's summer program. They're coming in two weeks to do a home interview, and ladies and gentlemen, we might have new inductees to the Bad decom Parents Club, as her dad barely cares and her mom suggests quote unquote newer clothes for when the school official visits. Oh boy, do I have your approval? Sabrina? Do you think they're They're not quite the worst, but they still kind of suck on both sides.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean absolutely this dad is and I get it. I didn't have parents that had a business growing up that I had any opportunity to participate in, right, So I don't Okay, I must imagine we watched the movie with the Indian restaurant that she was a server at, So I assume when that kind of happens, like you have a family business that your kids could actually participate in help. But the idea of that becoming more than any other thing like this just seems like too much, Like you're putting on too much for your young kid, who should have the opportunity to be a kid, whether or not they take on this business, Like, why are you making those kinds of decisions when they're.
Speaker 2: That's Susan third fourteen, Susan worked in her family business, but they always she was a cheerleader and they you know, she always had a life, but she also worked in the family business.
Speaker 1: Everybody did, so it was the same kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't like you can't go out and have a life because at sixteen, you're responsible for keeping my business afloat, right, And he.
Speaker 3: Also is talking about her being like a big CEO, which is great. I think goals are good, just putting those goals out there, having your kids drive for something. But at the same time, like once you graduate high school in college, that is your life, you know, a career and.
Speaker 5: Doing whatever those decisions are. Let your kids be kids for a minute. I instantly was like, oh, I hate this.
Speaker 3: And then of course, you know, it's hard to to not understand that this is a typical crazy stage mom.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is this is I've met people like this. I mean, this is not it's not a caricature.
Speaker 3: There's no and this is a huge reason why I would also part of a reason why I would want to pull back from putting Monroe in because I would never want anyone to think that that would be because of something that maybe I didn't fulfill within my career. So now I'm having my kid do it. No, No, she's gonna have to pull me by my hair to.
Speaker 1: Get which is what I had to do with my parents, which is what I.
Speaker 5: For years. It took me like two almost three years.
Speaker 3: So if she wants to do it, she's gonna have to really show me that this is what she wants.
Speaker 5: Otherwise, like, yep, we're going to find a new dream.
Speaker 2: Crazy as long as her as long as the dream is also yours, that'll be fine, of.
Speaker 5: Course, as long as as long as.
Speaker 2: You are gonna build model trains for the rest of your life. We are now back with Janine, who is busy being an elite model, yelling at a manicurist and screaming for a latte. This is when we meet Monique, her assistant, a meager Scooby Doo film a looking girl who likes to keep her schedule. Deirdre is on her way out, sad she's going to miss her daughter's first book launch, but suggests would be good for her career to date that heart throt Jason Sharp, So she's also trying to pimper out to Jason, but Janine isn't hearing it. Deirdre explains when she was a model, she did everything her handler told her to do because they know what they're talking about. And with that, Deirdre and little brother Max finally leave the star model home alone. We also got an offensive word in the scene, something we would never hear in a Disney movie now, really any movie. She calls him dm word, which nobody says anymore, and it's just a good example how some words just aren't used anymore.
Speaker 1: And we move on. Hey, we don't judge it. It was of the time, but it hits the.
Speaker 2: Ear weird when you hear it now, and that's exactly how it should do.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Over at Alex's catering gig, she is hard at work but still looking dorky. Then it's revealed that she's not just catering but the Janite Adams book launch. Yes, our two characters are intersecting everybody at the art places.
Speaker 1: Here we go bout to go down.
Speaker 2: Janine pulls up in a limo to tons of adoring fans and paparazzi, but instead of signing autographs, assistant Monique just stamps photos as they pass. Yes, Janine is a diva. Now inside the party, she's talking to a reporter, trying her hardest to seem excited about the new coffee table book, but she's drawn in by a gorgeous and glorious smell. Yes, smells can be gorgeous too. It's the orders being passed around by Alex, and now Jeanine rushes over to take a piece from Alex's plate, but as she takes a bite, something more important has stolen her attention. It's Alex, who, in the process accidentally drops her plate on Jeanine, dumping finger foods all over her. Alex knows this is bad, but Janina's bothered. She's more focused on how familiar the waitress looks. It's almost uncanny, and so the model pulls the waitress into the less crowded bathroom. Now in a much more private setting, Jeanine pulls off Alex's chef hat and comments on their similarities. They look in the mirror and we get a very cool two shot where one Maggie Lawson pulls the glasses off another Maggie Lawson, and it might have just been the.
Speaker 1: Quality of the rip that.
Speaker 2: I was watching where it was really kind of degragated and didn't look great.
Speaker 1: But this looked pretty damn good.
Speaker 5: It did, it really did. I went, Oh, I mean, I was shocked.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know what year it was that this was actually able to be like correctly.
Speaker 2: Done, seamless right, but it seamless to do this in a movie like this in two thousand.
Speaker 1: I thought the looked great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, sure the effects in this movie, which again there weren't a ton of them, and they did that. The way they did it was not only great, but you have to shout out the very subtle differences. Some of them were big differences, but then she did very subtle differences that Maggie Lawson did between the two characters where even when they were on screen and not speaking, when they did the split screen, you.
Speaker 1: Who was who.
Speaker 5: It's so true and that is just.
Speaker 1: Down to Maggie laws and us.
Speaker 2: If go back and look at some of her other stuff, she is a very good and horribly underrated actress, especially back in the day. Maggie very very talent, and you could see it in this.
Speaker 1: She's one of her was stunning.
Speaker 2: The other head glasses not stunning obviously, Sabrina glasses.
Speaker 1: Sabrina glasses in a ponytail, Sabrina nerd.
Speaker 5: We're just glasses and one of them in glasses.
Speaker 1: She's a ten, Maggie lo ten.
Speaker 2: No matter what what she is, My god, that's why it's like, oh God, she's got glasses.
Speaker 1: She's a nerd. Anyway, Yes, she's a very very good actress. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Janine is convinced that with just a little help, they could be twins. So Janine wants to know everything about being a commoner. She asked what it's like eating in a cafeteria or going to school. Jeanine can't stay out past ten. All of her friends are twenty years older than her, and she can only eat ice. And that's when it happens. Janine wants to trade places with Alex. Monique knocks on the bathroom door. She's looking for Janine, and Alex's dad is in the kitchen needing his daughter's help. But in the bathroom, Alex can't believe this is a real opportunity. But with Janine's mom out of town for two weeks. It could just work out. They'll switch for a week and just trade the key stats of their lives, and so then we have a deal.
Speaker 1: Deal struck people.
Speaker 2: The girl's trade clothes and lives obviously, and we have the plot of our movie with a Nobody's Angel song. Here's where I was like, wait a second, just hold the phone, my peeps. They're there for like maybe fifteen or twenty seconds. Yes, they know nothing about each other's lives.
Speaker 5: This is going to go bad so quickly. How do they how do they like?
Speaker 3: And it's not even during a time where I could quickly get out my phone and be like, okay, well, here's what my dad looks like. He's here's my mom's right, here's the here's my whole family. Here's let me out. What's your phone number? Let me text you my address so you can always get to the house. Here's my school schedule, Like, there's a bunch of crap that needs to be exchanged.
Speaker 2: Here's here's here's what. Oh geez, I have a photo shoot on Tuesday, mankle take care of all your stuff.
Speaker 1: It's like they just.
Speaker 2: Go, let's trade clothes. Okay, bye, are you insane. Oh, this is where they needed to raise me.
Speaker 3: But truly, no, but this is exactly well. No, I guess they sat down and had lunch. I know what movie you're talking about now, I can't remember the name of it. She was a brunette. She one was a skater girl. The other one was from when I had an accent. She was from like London.
Speaker 5: Friend of me, friend of me.
Speaker 1: Friend of enemy. Yes, yes, at least they sat down and they.
Speaker 3: Exchanged and like a lunch that made sense. You cannot tell me a bathroom visit was long enough for.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Is It's like you're not You've literally exchanged no information about your lives.
Speaker 1: You just traded clothes.
Speaker 2: And lives, and just like go, like, how do they not say, like, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna oh, oh my god, we have to do this. We're gonna meet tomorrow. They should have met at exactly the same place they meet at to trade lives.
Speaker 1: Is the same place they meet to trade back.
Speaker 2: So in front of the school, six am, we're gonna meet tomorrow, and they meet, and whether you see the scene or you don't see the scene, you at least allude to the fact that you're learning some shit about the.
Speaker 5: Other person, right this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the part to me where I was like, wait.
Speaker 5: Oh what God, you're just what You're.
Speaker 1: Just walking out and now you're that's it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that that and again, this is not I did not dislike this movie.
Speaker 1: This is not a bad movie. There's a lot about this.
Speaker 5: Movie that was really cute. You have to wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't mind suspending some disbelief, Like, let me suspend some belief here a little bit. That's fine, Yes, but dude, give me some bullet points of who you are.
Speaker 5: Yes, this isn't a epic thing like.
Speaker 1: This was a big This was a big what if?
Speaker 5: What if?
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 5: What if you were like actually allergic to something? Yes, exactly, you know something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, yeah, yeah it's I I'm allergic. I'm horribly allergic to peanuts or shellfish or something. You gotta learn something about each other. So this, to me was a big, big hole in the When I explained that last night to producer Tara, she got instantly offended and no, but she also said, apparently it's the same way in Freaky Friday, in the parent Trap.
Speaker 1: Like they just switched ship up, and don't don't explain it to each other?
Speaker 3: No, because in the parent trap, don't they don't they explain it. In the parent trap they live together and they're they give each other. They're like quizzing each other.
Speaker 5: I'm like, there you go, Like, where what's my Wednesday schedule? They do a whole quiz thing.
Speaker 2: See quiz thing, producer Tara quiz thing. Anyway, well, there we go. The girls return to the party knowing literally not think about each other.
Speaker 1: Now in totally different situations.
Speaker 2: Janine quickly returns to serving while Alex is signing autographs, something the model doesn't normally do, but she does know. Jeanine enter night at Alex's house, and at this point I think this might just be a crime. Could you be arrested for just pretending to be someone else? She's not lying to the entire family and entering their home. These two must look exactly the same if their dad can't notice any difference.
Speaker 3: But then there's another question, and this is one of the things that they didn't the in front of me is I remember us talking about that. They didn't say, hey, you look exactly like me, which one of our parents had a ronde do in another bathroom.
Speaker 5: Yep, and then the mom was pregnant with for nine months? Like what, who's who?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 5: We got to get on top of this giant lie that we've been living for sixteen.
Speaker 2: Years because one of us was given away a birth Do you have half medallion?
Speaker 1: Do I have the other half of them? Antallion? To connect things like that.
Speaker 5: And that was the parent trap thing, like oh you got it?
Speaker 3: Like you clearly we have to talk about the fact that we are clearly twins.
Speaker 1: There's people that look like other people.
Speaker 2: You see that all the time, but identically like that, you're related, You're real.
Speaker 3: People will come and talk to me about looking like Sean Johnson or sometimes I get Mariah Carrey, but if I stood next to them, you would clearly see that we were there.
Speaker 1: You're not the same PAVO.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, somebody in those families, Yeah, was a cheater, cheater, compulsive eater.
Speaker 6: That's yes.
Speaker 3: Way, That's where I'd be like, who who are we mad at?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: We're mad at both of our parents. Is it my mom and your dad or is it my dad and your mom?
Speaker 2: Somebody did something because we're we're literally identical, but one.
Speaker 1: Of them has glasses.
Speaker 2: Back in the city, Alex is wowed by the bright lights and Monique's constant working.
Speaker 1: She thinks she could get used to this new life.
Speaker 2: The next morning, Jeanine wakes up in Alex's modest home and tries on a more basic off the rack clothing from the closet all to the very familiar and wonderful toe tapping walking on sunshine. Meanwhile, is loving her new posh digs, but is interrupted by Monique. It's time for her alfalfa wheat grass shake, and her trusty assistant is already surprised that her boss now wants to do things by herself. It's a new independent Janine. And at Alex's house, Janina arrives downstairs just in time for family breakfast and exclaims it's just like the fifties, which is really funny. A plate of bacon, eggs and pancakes. She couldn't be more excited until it's yanked from her right. She's on a self imposed diet. That's right, poor Janine can't catch a break, and every dcom family is giving their.
Speaker 1: Daughter generational body issues, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: But she talks to her, but she talks her back into the big breakfast, and she loves it, even if her little brother feels like something is weird. And now back at high school, Janine surveys the scene and takes in something she never experienced. Co Ed's walking to class, hippie's playing hacky sack, and a rock and roll dude playing electric guitar in the quad.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I mean maybe we need to take a hole on Instagram.
Speaker 5: That was not a normal thing at my high school.
Speaker 1: You didn't have a rock and roll quad high school?
Speaker 3: No, I mean there was bands that would play in the quad during like lunch or something like that, but like, no one was sitting.
Speaker 5: Out on the front lawn of the of the.
Speaker 1: Playing an electric guitar.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: Maybe, though, I would love to know. And if people have that, tell us on the ig.
Speaker 1: Hit us up. Let us know if you were.
Speaker 3: School.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly that geez crazy. Sharon joins Janine before walking in. They have an awkward exchange about Eric Singer and the infamous move moment from earlier. By the way, she doesn't know her friend's name until she looks down and sees it on her bag. Ken would have been good information to have before they left the bathroom, an interaction and social disaster. Alex didn't obviously tell her about the move moment. Once in the hallways, Janine can't help herself. She's flirting with all the cute boys. Sharon is mortified they're dorks, not hotty hot hotty hot hots. Come on, yes, you got glasses and your hair is up. No your place, Janine. But Janine won't accept her new status as a social outcast and even cheeses it up for a yearbook photo.
Speaker 1: But the good times come to a screeching halt when.
Speaker 2: This cool girls in the school, led by Eric Singer's girlfriend, bully her, causing Janine to focus on something completely new during her time as Alex. Speaking of Alex, she's ready for her first swimsuit modeling session as Janine.
Speaker 1: Again, would have been nice to you had a photoshoot, Worth.
Speaker 2: Noting the photographer is weirdo with an eyepatch, making her even more uncomfortable. I think eyepatches can be used as by photographers they keep one eye, but then you're supposed to use that eye in the camera lens, which he doesn't do.
Speaker 3: So it's just yeah, but didn't he look a lot like the the villains.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just saw just so much like him from me too weird.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, looking at my information, going no, it's a different actor, different, but.
Speaker 1: Looked just like him, very similar vibes.
Speaker 5: Now, see it's funny.
Speaker 1: I like, those two guys look alike but are not identical.
Speaker 3: How but they look so much alike that if they were standing next like, not knowing them, I would maybe.
Speaker 2: Still be able to tell them a part. Sabrina is still be able to tell them a part Sabrina. You'd at least know it was two different dudes, you could tell. You might not know who was who, but you'd know it was two different dudes.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, and their family certainly would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So as he tries to take photos, Alex covers herself, hides behind the plants, and withers away as the picts are taken, making eyepatch Man both angry and kind of stimulated.
Speaker 1: Yet it's cool.
Speaker 2: Janina's in history class trying to sharpen a pencil at her desk. When the teacher wonders why she's not paying attention, Janine responds like a real frankly telling the teacher to do her tax funded job, and her classmates are impressed, and somehow that didn't get her in any trouble, which I found weird.
Speaker 5: How did she not get attention from that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I would have given her attention.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it's a look into this like these like ough just entitled little teen like yep, oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Share the worst.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you noticed you're not twenty six minutes into the film and we've had less than maybe five seconds now.
Speaker 3: I was going, I thought, I remember justin having an actual part. Is he just like a you know, like, is he not actually gonna be in this movie acting?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I guess I don't remember much about this movie.
Speaker 1: But you do.
Speaker 2: That's that's why we had to literally had to go to the wayback machine to find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Back in the city, Alex and Monique are walking to the New York streets when she's alerted of her monthly credit at department stores, just so people can see her shopping in these places.
Speaker 1: It is a girl's dream. And then it happens everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh, it happens people. We get to dip bar toes in the Lake of Timber.
Speaker 1: It is heart throb.
Speaker 2: Jason Sharp walking out of a building, spotting who he believes is Janine. He quickly apologizes for a recent interview where he implied he made out with her a shoot and swears he'll make it up to her. He quote has to book and jumps into a limo. But unlike Janine, Alex is in hook line and Sinker for a little male modeled, supermodeled teenage supermodel action, which isn't a thing. It's lunchtime at school and Janina Monique take their seats at the nerd table cause glasses watching Alex and his popular girlfriend from afar, but Janine has an idea. She makes her way over to the cool table and decides to oh boy, wait for it, pour milk on the head of his girlfriend, again, not getting into any trouble whatsoever. Eric thinks it's hilarious, but this has started a war, especially because she's lactose intolerant.
Speaker 5: That's weird.
Speaker 1: It's it's just I'm lacked. Well, I put it in your head so you'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Well I didn't pour it down your mouth, so I think you're gonna get okay, you're fine. Also, what teenage girl gets fool? Who is fully done, gets a glass of anything pulled poured over her head and doesn't lunch for the jugular Are you kiddy?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Ever a situation, especially in high school, in front of everyone, and you just pour something and they let you pour a giant glass of.
Speaker 5: It, yep, and nothing happens.
Speaker 1: Nope, no fight, no trouble from the school.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, and her best friends are right there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, nobody does anything. Nobody does anything.
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 1: I don't know what a world? But now we are back with Alex.
Speaker 2: She's visibly in a new very cool clothes and has decided to walk in sight see instead of taking the limo, a move Janine would never have done back in the suburbs. Alex has cooked her family breakfast, finally able to enjoy that love of culinary arts, and she's excited to help quote unquote dad with this catering job. And like all good nineties two thousands decoms, the New York Girls have decided to roller blade. Yes, Monique is nervous. Settle injured themselves, and she's starting to realize how much stress her job and Janine can create, So Alex decides to change the dynamic and let Monique know that she's appreciated something you can assume isn't done much. And now when Janine walks the halls of the school, things have changed. Boys are the one saying hi, and Jason apologizes for his earlier behavior. He promises he'll never ask her to move again, then ask her out for Saturday night.
Speaker 1: But the girls are supposed to.
Speaker 2: Switch their identities back on Friday, so Janine hopes to move everything back a week back at Janine's Now, Jason Sharp has sent flowers and he also wants a date on Saturday, so the two girls get on the phone and decide to have one more week of swapping. And these were like my favorite scenes where she's on the phone with herself because she plays them differently and it works. But the deal has only one caveat this swapping deal, Alex can't let Jason Sharp anywhere near her. But the real bad news is Alex's little brother overhears everything done dun Dune. But Alex doesn't follow the one caveat, so we cut to Alex's date with Justin Timberlake aka Jason Sharp. He has big bougie plans at a fancy restaurant, and at the same time, Eric pulls up and restored, Now, I love you, producer Jensen, but you wrote Firebird it is not my friend.
Speaker 1: That is a trans am to get who.
Speaker 2: He thinks is Alex. And though she expects a very typical teen date of mini golf in the movies, Eric has.
Speaker 1: Done the unthinkable. But before we get into that, let's get this out of the way. The two girls are wearing.
Speaker 2: The exact same outfits, not planned, just a twist of fate apparently, or at least enough of hish as I said that right, enough of ish samely to make it work.
Speaker 1: That's not the only coincidence.
Speaker 2: By the way, Eric has also reserved a table at the very same exclusive fancy restaurant that Jason Sharp mentioned. It would seem like a quote unquote totally rad gesture, but Janine wanted something more normy. But we know this whole thing is going to be a problem, especially because Alex's little brother is falling close behind with his camcorder.
Speaker 1: What are you giggling at spring now?
Speaker 5: What Normy?
Speaker 1: What is there to be? A Normy? A civilian bro and norms, a civilian bro.
Speaker 3: A norms.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, where are we in the two?
Speaker 1: I think so, I hope so.
Speaker 2: Now inside the fancy restaurant, which we have to admit is very beautiful. It's decorated like a Greek church. Jason and Alex arrive and don't have a reservation, but it's no problem. The famous couple is rushed to a VIP table just as the transam arrives at the valet, to no fanfare or paparazzi, a new feeling for Janine, and when Eric is his name to the host, his reservation is eh, Nope, wrong, not found. Janine tries to step in, she knows the mayor d by name, but he says they only have tables for special people, not a doweepy girl in glasses. They're forced to leave, but Eric has a plan. He says he has some connections around the back of the restaurant. While inside, Alex and Jason's state is moving along. Jason swears his playboy reputation is just a tabloid lie and is actually saving his modeling money to go to grad.
Speaker 1: School for astronomy. Yeah, that sounds like a line.
Speaker 2: He mentions there's a meteor shower later that night and he wants to take her to see it, which is exactly something a player would say, Yeah you want to Hey babe, you want to come see my meteor show?
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I think this was, by the way, Justin's best scene. He was very charming in this scene.
Speaker 2: Well, Justin was clearly still trying to find himself as an actor.
Speaker 5: Yes, but I think this was his best scene.
Speaker 2: I do yeah, because again while again he's finding his way figuring out what to do.
Speaker 1: Go watch Alpha Dog. He's great.
Speaker 2: I mean he's yeah, Social Network really good, but Alpha Dog he kills it. That was a very intense movie to watch, and he's really really good.
Speaker 1: And now in the back has promised. Eric did have a connection.
Speaker 2: His dad works on the weight staff and he's snuck in a table for the couple in the way back near the.
Speaker 1: Kitchen and the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Is very cute, And just as everyone is getting comfortable, Alex's brother arrives, cam quorder in hand. Apparently nobody notices this kid with the giant cam quarterer in the restaurant, but he's just it's.
Speaker 1: It's not surreptitiously. Were your phone where you can do this anymore?
Speaker 5: Back in the days like over the shoulder, like.
Speaker 2: He's like the guy holding the cords behind him, like old school is smoking a cigar. It's like, you need a crew when you've got that kind of cam quorder anymore. Sure, Yeah, so nobody notices that he's there, but he notices that both Jeanine and Alex are there, and that's odd.
Speaker 1: But again, even her brother can't tell the difference between the two of them. And then, guys, we enter what is truly one of the most ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Scenes in dcom history, and I'm not sure anything will ever beat it. Both Jeanine and Alex go to the bathroom, still unaware of each other's presence, and coincidentally, the mirror in the bathroom is being remodeled. Now we know that because there's a giant printed sign that says mirror being remodeled. That's right, the mirror, not the bathroom, is being remodeled. The perfect So this creates one large sink with sinks on both sides, not divided by a mirror. It's worth stating, as far as I know, there's no bathroom in the world that's designed like this.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a bathroom like.
Speaker 3: This where there's yeah, there is like a center section and yes, and it's.
Speaker 1: Divided by a mirror.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, in one room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yes, I didn't think anything weird of that.
Speaker 6: I'm saying. It's kind of like a vanity where on both sides there's is a mirror.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's sinks and there's a mirror that's like.
Speaker 6: This is inside of like a rest in a bath like a wrest in a bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, have you ever seen them remodel just the mirror.
Speaker 3: I have never seen them remodeled just the mirror. I think if the mirror was like broken, they'd probably.
Speaker 2: You never called Doug's mirror remodeling. They're very famous, weirdly enough. Yeah, So now Janine enters a stall as Alex exits one to wash her hands, passing like ships in the night.
Speaker 1: And again the most insane scene because then.
Speaker 2: Janine exits and starts washing her hands on the other side, but Alex doesn't see her until they're looking at each other through where the mirror would be. But they're doing the exact same thing at the exact same time, so even they can't tell the difference between themselves.
Speaker 3: What would mean and one of them clearly becomes left handed instead of right handed, because you know what I mean, you're mirrored. If you're if you're gonna go touch something and you're right handed, you're going with your right You're not gonna go with your left.
Speaker 6: No, they did, Yeah, to remind you, they had to dress the same in order for this to work, to pull.
Speaker 2: This off, because one scarf in the wrong way and everything's different. So yeah, there gotta be actual DNA twins at this point, not clone.
Speaker 6: Have you ever seen another person and thought, hey, that's me. No?
Speaker 1: Once, one time with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 2: One time I was like, is that me? And then I'm like, oh wait, Brad Pitt's abs. Yeah, but no, of course not. And they're like doing the mirror thing. But how would you not go like that? I mean, it's it was weird.
Speaker 6: It was It was because you have to buy the conceit that they not only look like each other, they have the same instincts, which at this correct is a very tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 2: Well, they've switched for a week at this point, so now it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, and the idea that they wouldn't be blinking, or that they even just blinking together, right, I mean that would be the first. The easiest thing to go is like that person just bleak.
Speaker 6: They even both do the fake out.
Speaker 1: They both yes, they both do Yeah.
Speaker 6: They go to look down and then look up quick.
Speaker 3: This kind of stuff, though, is like the fun comedy of Disney.
Speaker 1: Like that, I was, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Will buy into the Disney of it all. The one thing I can't buy into is a remodeled mirror.
Speaker 5: It's so the remodeled mill so crazy.
Speaker 6: It's so insane to put that premise in there that I can't buy the rest.
Speaker 1: But I can buy the way it's it's such an insane premise.
Speaker 2: They had to write a literally at a note that says.
Speaker 6: Mirror remodeling on computer paper from a word document.
Speaker 5: So weird, so weird.
Speaker 1: It was pretty great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So eventually, crazily enough, they do fall out of sync, only realizing they're two different people when they try to touch the non existent mirror that's being remodeled and they graize each other's hands and ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: That crazy thing I think we've ever seen on the decree. It's it's up there. Sure, yeah, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: The girls realize the predicament, both angry to hear that they're on dates for different reasons. Janine leaves to deal with Jason and immediately attacks the male model, calling the date his publicity stunt and turning on a dime in his mind.
Speaker 1: He swears it's not, but she doesn't believe him.
Speaker 2: Now a rich brat, she insults Alex food order and yells at a waitress nice. Meanwhile, Alex finds Eric in the back of the place and she delivers her own attitude. She wants to know why now he's totally cool going out with her. He admits she seemed more confident and interesting. Fair but event but everything is interrupted when she realizes she's eating what Janine ordered cow's brains. You know, like most teenagers order in a restaurant on dates. What sixteen year old orders cow's brains, especially one who loves cooking like her. I mean, I get awfuls kind of a thing. But why no, no, that just nobody make it. You know what you do, you make it either caviar or s cargo. It's like you make it nails or something. She's no sixteen year old, ever, is going to order cow's brains.
Speaker 1: It's just not work. Yeah, this we need to rewrite. I'll rewrite it. It's gonna be fine. We've got some stuff we gotta do.
Speaker 2: She gags her way to the bathroom, of course, where Alex has also returned to the mirrorless sinks. They switch back identities, trading dates and confusing the men they're with once again, but the most important detail, Alex's brother gets the entire trade off on camera.
Speaker 1: They are busted.
Speaker 2: Back at their tables, Jeanine and Eric decide to ditch the restaurant and have a fun go Krt montage. Oh, if there's anything better than a montage, it's a go kart montage. I throw you back to the original Karate Kid. Oh god, it's the best it. Maybe just want to go everywhere that they went well, alexplains everything not a joke on being bipolar.
Speaker 1: Not even kidding. I'm just gonna let that one go.
Speaker 2: Later that night, Alex and Jason do actually check out the meteor shower. So it wasn't euphemism for anything else. It wasn't a smooth move for him to get some. He admits he likes that she acts like a normal teenager. He envies it, and in a very soft voice, he said he would never run away from her. And then they kiss.
Speaker 5: So maybe it was a great kiss.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's checking out his meteor shower.
Speaker 2: Maybe it worked smooth justin Timberlake, not enough O's and smooth. Back in the trans am with Eric Janina Mitch, she had one of the most fun nights of her life. She's just so excited she found someone who accepts her for who she is. He calls her my girl, and she likes the sound of that so much so that they also kiss.
Speaker 1: No meteor shower intended.
Speaker 2: So she's making out with every guy in this movie because she's playing multiple characters. I think we talked about this on Podmey's World. I think she was like justin Timberlake's first on screen kiss or something like that.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, oh wow, that's a pretty good trophy to have, right.
Speaker 1: That's a mirror ball, I'll say. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Right once, Jeanine is back in the house, her dad quote unquote is waiting for her. She missed a catering event that Alex promised to help at. He is not happy and he grounds her, and Alex's brother is ready to expose his sister and the cover girl.
Speaker 1: But that's not it.
Speaker 2: Back at Jeanine's place, Alex returns to see Deirdre has come home a week early.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, Kathy Lee Gifford.
Speaker 2: The next morning, Alex is awoken at five am by Deirdre. Somebody named Jake is on his way, and Jake ends up being a cameo. It's Jake Steinfeld, a famous fitness entrepreneur of the eighties and ninety who sold Body by Jake VHS tapes promising a routine to get people in shape. He was the original, and then it became Billy Blank. It was like all these kind of I think Richard Simmons was the first, but then Jake Steinfeld.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also small note here he is the uncle of Hailey Steinfeld. So the idea here is that Jeanine is so rich she is the most famous trainer in the world, giving her house calls. Alex can't believe it. Geane is back in class talking to Sharon about her punishment. She's not bothered by it. She uses her cell phone to call Eric, who picks up just a few desks away. Ignoring the grounding, she sets a date for that night, disrupting the entire class, again being a total smartest to the teacher. And finally, this time she is in trouble and sent to detention in the form of cleaning up the girl's locker room as a towel monitor. All right, at least there's some repercussions.
Speaker 3: But what I would rather have gotten suspended than having to do this.
Speaker 5: She no gloves, She had no gloves.
Speaker 1: This was so sanitary.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I would have died. This would have been I would.
Speaker 5: Have Can't you argue, then everybody's clean schools.
Speaker 1: But everybody's clean coming out of the shower, so the towels are clean.
Speaker 3: No, you're still like exfoliating and wiping off and just like you're putting them in all the places like h No, I am not picking up anyone's towels without gloves, a hairnut, a whole body suit.
Speaker 5: I am not doing any of that. This is ridiculous. That is that was a horrible type of punishment.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a weird question I'm going to ask you.
Speaker 2: I ask you to take this question as I'm going to ask it, and not the way it's going to sound.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it was different.
Speaker 2: Did you shower in high school during the day. Did you shower during school at school? No, okay, we didn't either. So in all these high school movies, in high school tropes, all these people are showering.
Speaker 1: We never showered during high school.
Speaker 3: The only kids that showered that I ever knew of in high school were like diving water pool, the ones that were in the pool because they would have early morning.
Speaker 2: Practices, okay, and we didn't have a pool in our in our high school, we didn't have any.
Speaker 3: Those were the only ones that ever that I know of ever, that ever showered. I don't even think the football players would go in the shower after practice.
Speaker 2: Nobody shot a car and go home exactly whowerwer nobody. So that's such a trope where everybody in high school is showering, and nobody showered in our high school.
Speaker 1: No, I'm glad to know it wasn't just me. Okay, right, yeah, No.
Speaker 5: I never did that, nor did I. I mean, you go home, if.
Speaker 1: You practice after school, you go home and then you shower after that.
Speaker 3: I stayed at dorms during the summer when I was teaching like summer camps for dance, and like that was the most it was, and I kept my amount of camps to a minimum because I could not the shower thing in the dorms with sandals.
Speaker 1: Like, are you a bit of a German phobe? It seems like maybe you're.
Speaker 3: I'm not a I don't think that I am. But when it comes to stuff like that, it is just a no for me.
Speaker 1: That's a no for me, Doug, that's a no for me, Doug.
Speaker 5: No, not doing it.
Speaker 1: And now we are on what feels like the other side of the world.
Speaker 2: Alex is at a runway show with her mom about to walk on the catwalk in a one of a kind dress, a ten thousand dollars a piece for the night. We get another Niche cameo here in the form of Sweenish model Vendalla Thomason. In real life, she graced the Sports Illustrated Swimsuitish You cover and pages of Vogue and Cosmopolitan, but also appeared in the Batman and Robin movie The Parent Trap End Muppets Tonight. In this movie, though she's apparently friends with Janine and Alex is very starstruck by her, causing Deetr to be very confused. Something feels off to her and so she blames a possible binge of peanut butter cups.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's get back to the eating problems.
Speaker 2: Sent off to the catwalk, Alex is blinded by the cameras and awkwardly rips the dress, bumps into another model, and is instantly fired by the designer. I thought, now I understand this is where things have to go wrong. I thought they're going to rip off part of the dress and it was going to make her look even better, and she was gonna look totally cool walking on the cow.
Speaker 1: No, not the thing. She she fucks it up for everybody. It's true.
Speaker 2: The next day really made dress by apparently, Yeah, have you bump into somebody? The bottom rips off and that's ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: Or I thought it was?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought it was gonna look like you were you right? Like a tear away, like a yeah, And.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden she's a this cool thing and like nope.
Speaker 5: And having the time of her life. Yes, why aren't you excited? This is so cool?
Speaker 1: But apparently not.
Speaker 2: The next day, Janine returns home to find her mom and an admissions officer from the fashion institute chatting the lady wants to see the prospective student's portfolio, so Jeanine runs upstairs but only finds a stack of messy, unfinished collages. It was a big failure and she's basically rejected right on the spot and now fired from Janine's big runway show. Monik alert to Alex that her brother, Josh now going by the name Josh the Informant, has arrived.
Speaker 1: He wants to talk blackmail. He's ready to go to.
Speaker 2: The media unless he's paid fifty thousand dollars or if she calls Jason Sharp to take her to the fall Ball What why?
Speaker 1: Why would he do that? Am I missing something? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Does he just want to meet Jason Sharp? This didn't make any sense. Is he just so she'd be embarrassed?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I didn't get this.
Speaker 2: Right, fifty grand I get But the rationale of like, wait what and the idea.
Speaker 3: Of he loves to see his older sister get in trouble, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That that's on brand for Disney and Little Brothers. Totally understand that.
Speaker 5: But this aspect that deals with Jason Sharp just is like so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed, very bizarre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't understand that either, but anyway, She's quick to pick up the phone to call Jason and set up a rendezvous for that night, which I guess is much easier than paying fifty thousand dollars. And when Alex and Jason do meet up, he asked her to come to Paris with him for a modeling gig. They're both sixteen, time to fly off to Paris, but she interrupts him with the truth. She is not who she thinks she is. She puts her hair up and reveals her glasses.
Speaker 1: She's a nerd. People. It was just I love how that was her answer.
Speaker 2: She puts up her hair, puts on the glasses and looks at him like, look look at me now, and I love I wanted him to go like, what are you doing? Like now, you just look like you're super hot with your hair up and glasses. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Are you giving me dirty teacher vibe? That's what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's because I'm into it? Bro, what's happened? But it's fine? Yes, I will stay after class. Missus naughty, Like, what the hell is happening? Yeah, but she's a nerd. He, of course, being a human, doesn't see the difference, which is hilarious because he's the only person to not be completely bamboozled. She hands him the Blackmail VHS tape and says it'll explain everything. They share one last kiss, which now kind of feels like assault because she's not who she says, and mid smooch, Eric arrives. Ooh and now because she's wearing glasses and her hair is up, Alex is cheating on him.
Speaker 1: It's hard to keep up.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Jason is also mad, and amongst all the drama, he storms off to what's up?
Speaker 5: Oh my kay? Okay?
Speaker 3: First of all, first of all, why did she set up this meeting only to just give him the tape?
Speaker 5: Like, I'm not who you think I am? Here's the tape to explain? Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Even?
Speaker 3: Like, no, listen, this is what happened. Yes, my brother, my brother has this tape.
Speaker 5: He wants to. He wants like tell him what the brother's like.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 3: Explain it?
Speaker 5: Explain it? Also, where the hell does Eric come from?
Speaker 3: Why are you out walking and the high school on at nine point thirty at night?
Speaker 1: Eric?
Speaker 5: What are you doing? You shouldn't be here? Why are you just walking around?
Speaker 3: And yes, somebody a little bit of heads up that you're coming behind me because I might have turned around and swung.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, or pepper sprayed you or something.
Speaker 2: And it's also like here, I want to explain everything that happened.
Speaker 1: You need a VCR?
Speaker 5: Do you have one in the limo? I was assuming you had one in your.
Speaker 2: TV and a VCR to figure out exact because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Explain it to you because I can't use my words and do this. This scene was very like what happening, very old gosh, Okay, all right, I'm gonna get through it because I got to support the jtlay.
Speaker 2: I get you, I get you. And now the girls they have to face the truth. Alex is not only in the dream school, and Eric has left her, Janine lost her biggest modeling job, and Jason hates her. Also, Alex's brother knows the truth, and they're gonna have to plan his demise. There's only one thing left to do, switch back for good and we get a sad song as the exchange takes place the following morning in front of the high school. It's a hilarious scene as they just trade the glasses and the hair rubber band. That's the entirety of the difference than hug and walk away from each other, heads hung low. Literally, she just hands her her glasses and a hair clip and they walk away. Did they need to meet up for.
Speaker 3: That, No, because we haven't even addressed the fact that if Alex needs glasses, why can she see when she's being Janine.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's like, yeah, that's like ninth on the list.
Speaker 2: I know, it's it's seriously, it's yes, there's like did she.
Speaker 5: Have glasses with her so that when she needed to actually see she did? And she just as walked probably.
Speaker 1: Maybe contact.
Speaker 5: Contact Yeah you dry?
Speaker 3: Yes, you shouldn't be driving, shouldn't be doing like okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Later that day, Jeanine is back to bossing Munique around while getting a manicure, and Alex is back to her family breakfast. She finds out she's been grounded and has a catering job. That Saturday night, she's back off to school, and Jeanine has returned to modeling for that photographer with the crazy eye patch, but he's disappointed in what he sees.
Speaker 1: He wants that shy and vulnerable, demure kind of.
Speaker 2: Jeanine that he saw last week, but we all know that was just Alex, who somebody please replace my mirror. Deirdre arrives to announce that she's convinced that designer to take her back on a trial basis, but nothing feels the same anymore. Her mom blames it on exhaustion and probably peanut butter cups, but the truth is she misses Eric and back at high school the fall ball, an event that's barely been talked about, you know, but now is the key to this film and is only a couple of days away. Things just aren't looking good though everyone hates Alex, but she has an idea. Back at Jeanne's plush apartment, though she's put on a sexy dress and told her mom she isn't going to a modeling mixer, she's finally standing up for herself.
Speaker 1: She's decided to go.
Speaker 2: To a high school fall ball to tell the great guy she fell for the truth.
Speaker 1: Deirdre that maybe should just give him another tape.
Speaker 2: Deirdre doesn't know what to say as her daughter walks right out the front door. Back at Alex's, she decides to go and fight for Jason. She convinces her little brother to keep the secret between them, but calls Jason and finds out he's gone to Paris for the week after all. Yeah, of course he's the most famous teen supermodel male superman.
Speaker 1: It's not a thing.
Speaker 2: At the Fallball, Ganine arrives in a taxi and make sure her glasses are on before she enters, you know, because she's a nerd like Alex. And inside lo and behold girl group Nobody's Angel is performing. They are actually just dancing without microphones, which is kind of a weird way to perform at a high school dance, but hey, that's what it is. Janine makes a b line for Eric, but is checked by his date, the most vocal of the mean girls.
Speaker 1: Oh no, And.
Speaker 2: That's when the real Alex arrives, just as her mom realizes it's three pillows in her bed back at home. But at the dance, Nobody His Angel finally finishes a very long song and it's time to announce the King and Queen of the Fall Ball. The winners are Eric and his mean girl date Mindy. Both Janine and Alex feel defeated at the ball, even though I don't think any of them thought.
Speaker 6: They were gonna win.
Speaker 2: Wanted to win whatever, didn't even know there were kings and queens. It was literally never ever mentioned. And that's when both their families and Jason arrive. He's not in Paris after all, and watch the tape and somehow knows the fall ball will be where he should find her.
Speaker 1: Somehow he knew.
Speaker 5: That never explained, and Sync knows to go.
Speaker 2: There, okay, and then the two girls bump into each other. The student body sees it all and is terrified are they seeing double eh? And now we have all their families, Jason, Eric, the lookalike girls, and even Jeanine's modeling little brother all in one spot. Janine grabs the microphone that nobody's angel couldn't even have themselves, and she reveals everything.
Speaker 1: They've switched identities.
Speaker 2: They apologize to their families and admit they finally learned how to be happy as themselves. Everyone is touched by the admission, and Deirdre finally gives up being a strict momager.
Speaker 1: Jeanine's little brother even quits modeling.
Speaker 2: He's going to be an agent and luckily not an actor, because Kathy Lee's son is terrible in this movie.
Speaker 1: He's a little kid, but he's not particularly good.
Speaker 5: No, he wasn't. He was a cute kidd.
Speaker 2: But and there's one last thing to do. Alex apologizes to Jason. She knows he's leaving for Paris and has bigger and better things to do than hang around with her, but he asks her for one thing, a dance. The student body erupts an applause, and Eric also ditches his mean girl for Alex, after which they should have cut It makes him look like such a dingus when he's like, wait a minute, I was dating Jeanine Adams a date.
Speaker 1: Just shut up, dude.
Speaker 2: That's like after that, why would she ever want to be with him? Because now she knows.
Speaker 5: He should have looked at her and been like, so you didn't cheat on me?
Speaker 1: Or why did you like me? There's something?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, got it.
Speaker 1: I was doubt with Janine out of yikes.
Speaker 5: Even the dad we had a supermodel in our house.
Speaker 1: Yeah what did he mean by that? Very cool?
Speaker 5: Now, no one's gonna come over to our house, you creep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very strange.
Speaker 2: Our two painfully mismatched couple stakes at the dance Lord, joined by Deirdre and her own son, a high schooler creepily dances with Alex's little brother, which is weird weird, and Monique hangs on to Tony the limo driver, which was cute. They all bust and move to another Nobody's Angel song, this time with microphones. Alex and Jeanine take a yearbook photo together, giving us two Maggie Lawson's arm in arm and that's our movie where literally nothing was resolved. She never apologizes to Sharon, her friend. They never resolve anything with any of the guys. It's it's like nothing is kind of it's it just ends. And then because of the way it's ripped, it literally just ends, like it just stops the movie and you're like, oh, oh, apparently.
Speaker 1: That's the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the credits aren't even like normal credit.
Speaker 2: It's just like yes, and again, this wasn't we sound like we're shredding it. It wasn't a bad man. There's just a ton of holes in it. That was like, wait, why what.
Speaker 3: There No matter what, no matter how much you pick it apart as you're watching it, you could absolutely hundred percent how the demo of that time a Tara god totally, all of them were obsessed. It had so many of the must needed qualities to.
Speaker 5: Be that of the like totally era of the two thousand.
Speaker 2: I totally get it, but of course we can't. We don't watch it like that all the time. Now, watch it like it's a movie, and as a movie, it's got some giant, gaping moon size holes in it that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just needed it needed a little polish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see what other people thought about it, and.
Speaker 1: Let's do some real review. I've got the five star this week.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy this is five stars from Shoon Lee who said this movie was great and Jesse Nielsen did an awesome job and was extremely cute.
Speaker 1: Who's Jesse Nielsen?
Speaker 5: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that was maybe Eric.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 6: Because I didn't know who was. I mean, that's almost part of it for.
Speaker 2: Me, is just like this, Yeah, I think that might be Eric, but we'll have to see. And was extremely cute. People lay off Cody Gifford, he's like super young. Yes, I know, as MAXI did a terrible job, but hey, at least the kid tried.
Speaker 1: Kathy Lee was barely tolerable.
Speaker 2: But how can you pay attention to the acting when there were such cute guys in the movie. I was totally concentrating on the guys, not the acting.
Speaker 1: Five stars. There you go, there you go. Best love it, Sabrina, You've got the one star this week? What do you got I do.
Speaker 3: From our friend nummig a named person given a one star?
Speaker 5: Come on? What's with this twin stuff?
Speaker 1: Okay? Great and to the point damage.
Speaker 5: Trying to be twins? But alrighty, you very exactly.
Speaker 1: They weren't trying to be twins. You didn't get the movie, thank you, unamad.
Speaker 2: All right, we are, of course coming to our favorite portion of the program, I should say Sabrina's favorite portion of the program. That is when producer Jensen tries to make us look stupid. And this week our feature game is called boy Band Bingo. To celebrate Justin Timberlake's first movie being a d com, we are taking it back to Y two k t RL say that five times fast. We will be given a boy band and four possible song titles. We have to guess which one is fake from the choices. If you get this wrong, Sabrina, because I know none of them, three out of five wins.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We're starting with.
Speaker 5: Lee, but you know who's gonna win, hands down, Lisa.
Speaker 1: Oh, they've already won. Our producers have already won this. I'm taking.
Speaker 2: Mikayla has already won, Producer Tar has already won. Producer Jensen's already won.
Speaker 1: Here we Go, I know is backstreet Boy is now?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: Are song titles? Which one's real?
Speaker 2: Lay down besides me? If you stay, love me now or Let's have a party. I'm gonna say, love me Now is the fake one?
Speaker 6: Wow? One for one? Love me Now is the fake one?
Speaker 1: Ah wow? Okay, gee, that's the only one. I'm gonna get number two? End sync?
Speaker 2: Is it falling my Sweetie, trash in the camp or some dreams you go first?
Speaker 5: Oh is my sweetie?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say falling, it's my sweetie. Oh wow, she's sure too? Ninety eight degrees? Is it because of you? Never let go? Invisible Man?
Speaker 1: Or hold Me Close?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with hold me Close.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's because of you?
Speaker 6: What is happening? It told me close?
Speaker 1: Oh she's she was in a band, she was in.
Speaker 3: A goodand no and I honestly in sync's the only one. But I don't even know those three songs.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm not backing any of these songs yet, and I know end sinking Backstreet.
Speaker 1: Boys, nice guys. I don't know any of these songs.
Speaker 2: Number four, Oh Town, is it? We fit together? American Game? I showed her or single Most Lady.
Speaker 1: I showed, So you're picking.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with that because if that is an actual.
Speaker 1: Song, I normal.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play against type and I'm gonna pick what Sabrina did because she's killing it, So I'll go with I showed her with Sabrina dog it's single most Lady.
Speaker 5: Oh that was yeah, Single Most Lady?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, will get you still won right? You still got three?
Speaker 6: She got three?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Then the Jonas Brothers, is it infatuation? Keep it real? Slide the remix or Australia.
Speaker 3: Wait is Slide the remix like the Chachas Slide Remix? Is that what you're trying to say?
Speaker 6: All I know is title is slide Parentheses is the remix?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go keep it real.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it's infatuation because he hasn't done the first one yet.
Speaker 6: Slide remix?
Speaker 2: Ah, God, they did your congratulations can we do some sabrinases.
Speaker 5: We can. We did quite a bit of them while we were going so many good things. I'm gonna start it off.
Speaker 3: With a question, so I know you we got called out for what the car actually was.
Speaker 5: What was it again a Mazda No, No.
Speaker 1: Producer Jensen had a Firebird.
Speaker 5: It was actually a transam, a trans aam. What did you think of the car?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 5: But I was like, oh, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: But then when she looked at it, like ugh, I was like, it wasn't I didn't understand it was it because it wasn't a cool car or I mean, we didn't want a Limo.
Speaker 2: The dude's rocking in og transam. That's that's an amazing car.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: The next one was we tight briefly touched on it as far as her brother being in the restaurant with the camera, But how did he get there? And now this is another kind of question for you, because I there was no way for me when I was younger, for me to get into like La right the city out of the suburbs.
Speaker 5: But I know in New.
Speaker 3: York, like that's a different situation when you're at when you live on the suburbs closer? Is that a way like he could actually have gone there by himself?
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, he could have taken public transport.
Speaker 3: I guess, Okay, all right, well they should really work on that. There should be rules like how old.
Speaker 5: You got to be to travel alone on that stuff? That's crazy? Okay? But anyway, that was kind of like how is he even there? Like how did they didn't show?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it's not one hundred percent needed, but a little extreme that he'd be there by himself, you know.
Speaker 7: And then uh, the the when Eric comes and sees who he thinks is Alex kissing, he can be nothing called besides justin timber right, of course, obviously when he's.
Speaker 3: When he sees who he thinks Alex is kissing justin Timberlake, he says, I had the best giggle and I had to pause because it was one of those uncontrollable I could I could stop.
Speaker 5: He says, who's he? And in my head, I'm like, it's Justin?
Speaker 2: Is he supposed to be also the most famous supermodel that's ever seen?
Speaker 1: Supermodeled? Yes?
Speaker 2: But in my end, what do you live under a rock?
Speaker 4: Come?
Speaker 3: On and seeping up it myself because he is just one of the most like.
Speaker 5: Famous faces of our time. He really is, like you can't and not know who he is. It's hard for him to even be called a character's name.
Speaker 3: Okay, Next we go to after they did the huge switch of the ponytail holder and the glasses, and we go into that montage.
Speaker 5: Now, that bontage song.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what it was?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: Song.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's a nobody's angel song. I hope it's just a random one because I could not get over the only lyrics in that entire.
Speaker 5: Song, and they played it for a while.
Speaker 3: Was da da da Da Da da da.
Speaker 5: There's no word.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember that Da da da dada, Like, go back and watch it, because it's the craziest song. Like it never goes into a chorus. There's no bridge, there's no nothing, And I get it. There's no they're not trying to have.
Speaker 5: A song that's explaining, you know, like what we see in d coms.
Speaker 3: Now, that's fine, but it's like they did it to a sample track of some sort that they found.
Speaker 5: That they knew the melody, but they never put words to it.
Speaker 1: It was they just.
Speaker 5: They just da da da the whole time. It might have been it might have been all right.
Speaker 3: And then reversing back to a little bit because we did talk about this, but didn't talk about what I was thinking about during the scene.
Speaker 5: And it's when Alex.
Speaker 3: Is being Jeanine and she's at that photo shoot and it's a bathing suit photo shoot with a bathing suit that does not look like a bathing suit. This is a full blown lingerie nude cut. Like she looked naked for sure.
Speaker 5: I was like, she's supposed to be sixteen, Yes, she's so young. This was like a oh my god, I can't believe this happened on Disney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Guys, that's what I got.
Speaker 3: Controversy calling out the guy who doesn't know justin Timberlake, Ada Da song.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of controversy, I owe producer Jensen an apology. I do because a Pontiac trans am is a high performance version of a Pontiac fire technically right, We're both right. Technically yes, that was it is a trans am, but it's also a firebirds man.
Speaker 3: I waslding that tight too, in case I lost the game to be like, well, but you actually put the wrong car down, so I get Actually, I.
Speaker 6: Do think I saw the logo on the side of the car, and I think it was a Firebird logo.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the trans am is the high performance version of that. They came in gold and black. They had those sick wheels and it had the big Firebird transam thing on the front.
Speaker 1: But yes, technically Firebird is correct, so there you go.
Speaker 6: Love it.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, it is now time to rate our film, and I think, Sabrina, you go first this time because I think I rated first last time.
Speaker 1: What do you pick our options?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Well? One to ten.
Speaker 5: Okay, just this time though, ten the best?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay? Do we want to do?
Speaker 2: One out of one being the worst, ten being the best of Nobody's angels, generational body issues, nah kidding? One out of ten, Sabrina and the Nobody's one out of ten, generational body issues, restored firebirds, which turned out to be correct, high school electric guitar players, one out of ten, photographers with an eyepatch, Greek church restaurants one out of ten, mirrorless bathrooms smooth justin Timberlakes, or one out of ten.
Speaker 1: Hailey Steinfeld uncles. Which one would you like to do?
Speaker 5: It's your to pick this one.
Speaker 1: It is then I.
Speaker 2: Would like to do smooth justin Timberlakes. Now we have to so you go first.
Speaker 6: What do you got?
Speaker 5: All right, I'll go first.
Speaker 3: So again, I I remember watching this like one time at during the time, liking it.
Speaker 5: Watching it back, I'm.
Speaker 3: Within the crowd that this nostalgic kind of stuff with these movies. We just recently watched another one with Catherine Heigel that this was the kind of movie that I craved.
Speaker 5: It was the perfect rom calm, the perfect like sibling or you know kind of rivalry.
Speaker 3: You know, high school drama always ends in some type of prom always there for that, Like you know, I loved so many aspects. Yes, there were holes, but not they weren't big enough for me to completely just push this to the side.
Speaker 5: I did like it. It was a fun and easy watch for me, and I recommend it. JT didn't hit it on the mark one percent, but he was not bad. We've seen you.
Speaker 3: Know, finding a waying his way, and he's adorable in it.
Speaker 5: She just shines. I just it made me the whole time. I was going, oh yeah, she was in that one movie. Oh yeah, she was in this.
Speaker 3: She's so good. Maggie's just like unreal. So I'm I'm gonna give this a solid eight.
Speaker 2: Eight Wow, just wow, Okay, you you are rating it higher than I am.
Speaker 1: Again, I I liked this movie. It was fine. Uh Maggie lost in his was great. She was she was great, nomenal.
Speaker 2: This the script needed some work again, there were gaping, gaping.
Speaker 6: Holes in this.
Speaker 2: She never apologizes or makes up with her best friend.
Speaker 3: She they had kind of just tumbles and flat lively.
Speaker 1: The movie just ended.
Speaker 2: They don't explain anything to each other about who they are.
Speaker 1: I mean, pretty massive kind of holes this.
Speaker 2: Some of the acting is not good in this movie. I think think honestly, the audience score and the Rotten Tomato score is right on the dot with sixty five or a six point five smooth justin Timberlakes. I could go a soft seven, but I think six point five is about where this This ends. This movie without Maggie Lawson would have been a four because the storyline again it's there. There is no such thing as a teen male supermodel.
Speaker 3: And something they could have bumped it up with is like not have nobody's angel, but like in sync at the end that.
Speaker 5: Seems like a duck. Make him make him an actual over the channel at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was Again, this was not a bad movie. It is.
Speaker 2: You're right, it is an easy watch. It's eighty five minutes. It's by no means a bad movie. But if you're watching it as a movie, which is what I'm doing, story wise, this this movie needed some work.
Speaker 1: Again, Maggie Laws, I get great.
Speaker 3: I get stuck in the nostalgia of it. I know which which time I can't help it. I no nostalgia for so many of our fans that like can't look past anything but what the time of where they were when these movies came out, which I just I'm stuck there with these type I.
Speaker 2: Do not at all. Yep, I don't have that at all. So I'm just as a movie, it needed a quickly rite. But again it is. It is worth a watch, It definitely is. Our next movie is a very true classic. Yes, it is the first.
Speaker 1: Dcom ever technically, that's right.
Speaker 2: We're prepping for spooky season with nineteen ninety seven's under Wraps, the original that started at all, at least started this version of the dcoms we know about Zook Disney and all the other wonderful world of Disneys and magical world of Disney's and everything, But the actual dcom that we know and love started with this one in nineteen ninety seven. That's right under wraps, and you can bet your last dollar that it is on Disney Plus ready to stream.
Speaker 1: So check it out and get prepped for a new recap.
Speaker 3: But oh, people, we have people and all the time, but we got some bed.
Speaker 1: We did it, and by we I mean.
Speaker 5: Our producers, our producers before we enter that too.
Speaker 2: And we are sitting down with two Disney legends together. Yes, it's Ali and aj. They are coming on the show, the impressive pop rock duo that got their start starring in cow Bells, recording songs for Ice Princess and opening for the Cheetah Girls. We are honored that they took the time to chat with us. So here's a little sneak peek of what you're in for.
Speaker 8: We had a really close friend that was working on Phil in the Future, who I mean he's been now a friend ever since. We adore him, who developed the movie for us and basically wrote the outline and then Stu Kreeger ended up taking over the script, but it was always Ali and I, like, we didn't audition on a set up story, like, hey, it's going to be two rules that work on a dairy farm, you know, who are struggling with the ins and outs of taking over their this business, trying to save it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the struggle of you know, being brats.
Speaker 1: That was fun and it is a big one. Everyone don't miss it.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is search Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe to our dedicated audio feed.
Speaker 1: And for more of the informacione.
Speaker 2: You can follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine.
Speaker 5: Bye everybody, Bye,