Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo jeffs hilarious, Good morning. Charlamagne is running a little late and.
Speaker 3: It's fronting.
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Jefs?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You and Louisiad in New Orleans for the Super Indiana.
Speaker 4: I'm excited, yo. You already know.
Speaker 5: Now what events are you doing? Are you performing or are you just going for the activities?
Speaker 6: So now I'm just going for I'm coming for the activities. But I do have a couple of host things down here. I did have a show, but the show got canceled. I was on two shows they got canceled. We had the Martin Show then that got canceled, and then we had the show at the Zula Center that I was supposed to be with T. K.
Speaker 4: Kirkland, d Ray, Michael Blacks and I believe something like.
Speaker 3: That, but.
Speaker 4: They canceled it. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Look, but these people got us to understand it, right, these agents before they pull a plug.
Speaker 4: And on these big.
Speaker 6: Shows that they got is black people. A lot of tickets late last minute.
Speaker 5: The day before the day of weekend. Yes, absolutely most So it's funny that you say that. Most people don't understand that. And usually when they let a show go through, they be like, wow, it's sold out. I see it all the time. But usually what happens like Super Bowl weekend, people pull up and they gotta decide what they want to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, but it's so much to do, and you'll be surprised you people get drunk, they come like pre game, and then they want to.
Speaker 4: Hear some jokes, so they go and buy tickets.
Speaker 5: That's how I go, man, Yeah, because Thursday, but be like, you know what, I'm gonna see je Justs on Thursday. Friday, I'm gonna go see Martin Saturday, I'm gonna go to the club this Sunday.
Speaker 2: We go like that's how people think.
Speaker 5: But a lot of times, you know, when they're looking at it like damn, well if nobody comes, or it's halfway, so we're gonna lose, so let's cut it. But we see that all the time, yeah, man, And enjoy your Super Bowl, man, enjoy.
Speaker 2: Try to take everything. And Louisiana got the best food, so enjoy it all. Yeah, and we got a.
Speaker 4: Couple of parties.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do the Fan Dual Party.
Speaker 4: This is a couple of events that I'm gonna be at though.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, we'll enjoy yourself out there and enjoy all the food if you get a chance.
Speaker 3: You already know.
Speaker 4: Listen, y'all told me about a restaurant Morrow.
Speaker 6: I don't I know about Moros, but it's one called Mondays too, by the same personal own Moros.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Larry Morrow owns Olos. He also owns guest House, which is the club with card B. I think it's gonna be that one night. I they picked that one night.
Speaker 2: I'll put you in touch with him. So if you want anything that you need.
Speaker 3: Definitely you'll be straight, all right, that's what's up. You'll be straight, all right.
Speaker 2: And salute to everybody in Houston.
Speaker 5: Shout to my brother Chris, one of the owners of Area twenty nine.
Speaker 2: It's his birthday.
Speaker 5: I know they're leaving the Gentleman Strip Club, So salute to everybody.
Speaker 2: In h Town. Now, nineteen Keys will be joining us this morning. Of course.
Speaker 5: He's the host of the High Level Conversations podcast and we're gonna be kicking with him in a little bit. And there's a lot of new music that came out. Your guy, G three, Jello, he's you. He put the Tweaker remix out ooh, and you know who's on it, No Little Way?
Speaker 4: Oh so was that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: No, Yo, The big announcement is funny. Remember he did all that leading up to y'all know, I'm not gonna be at the Bowl because I got something to announce.
Speaker 5: I don't think this was the big announcement, did G three? I don't think this was the big an he.
Speaker 4: Dropping another Carter?
Speaker 2: But you did all.
Speaker 6: Let to tell us that you dropping another album.
Speaker 2: Not excited?
Speaker 4: You'm excited. But that's why you can't make it to the super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: It wasn't super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Super Bowl all Carter.
Speaker 6: I know, but I but I definitely wanted to see him at the Super Bowl. Just just see him there in the crowds, you know, bringing out the team he could have did.
Speaker 2: Not gonna happen, I know.
Speaker 5: But let's get the show. Cracker, we got front page news, me and me will be joining us. Morgan's actually out today as well, and let's get into the tweak a remix feature in Little Wayne. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. That was a tweaker remix. What you got to hear it?
Speaker 4: I love Wayne?
Speaker 8: Nah?
Speaker 6: I heard Wayne part a little bit. Hears play on the abs and the baby Ye yep, hate that. Now, Good morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some.
Speaker 2: Front page news.
Speaker 5: Now this Sunday morning. We're both Sunday and superb. Of course the Chiefs versus Eagles. That happened Sunday, February ninth at six thirty pm, so the game will start at six thirty.
Speaker 2: Good morning, me, Me, Good morning, MV, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Jeff. How y'all doing good?
Speaker 4: What's that girl?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 8: Happy Friday. So I'll just jump right in. You know, the first story I think has been making headlines all week. A major shakeup in the federal workforce is underway, and a judge has now stepped in and hit pause at least for now. We're talking about the Trump Administration's controversial deferred resignation offer, which gives federal workers a tough choice resign now and keep their pay and benefits through September, or stay in face potential layoffs, But thanks to a lawsuit from labor unions, a federal judge has delayed the lawsuit at least until Monday. The original deadline was yesterday. Now the judge in the case, we'll hear arguments from both sides at a court hearing scheduled for mon day afternoon. Now, this buyout, it is being led by Elon Musk and his newly formed Department of Government Efficiency. Democrats, of course, are slamming his efforts to downsize the federal government as illegal. Let's listen to what House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries had to say.
Speaker 11: What we are seeing fold is an unlawful power grab by a unelected and unaccountable billionaire puppet master who's pulling the strings of House Republicans and apparently the Trump administration.
Speaker 8: Now, according to according to reports, more than sixty thousand workers they have already accepted the offer. The Trump administration is hoping for two hundred thousand workers to.
Speaker 7: Accept his offer.
Speaker 8: They need ten percent of the federal workforce to resign. They say they're not worried. They think that people will take the offer right before the deadline. Any thoughts on that, guys.
Speaker 2: So just to refresh people's mind.
Speaker 5: This offer is offered him a cash buyout for them to quit their jobs, and he wants to hire people that has his similar beliefs to work with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yesh. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So they're offering them a buyout through the end of September. So you resign now, you just replied to the email. You put resign in the subject line. You can resign. You get eight months of pay. But a lot of people are like, we don't really believe that he's going to follow.
Speaker 7: Through with this, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 8: They're going to go to court on Monday, and both sides will battle it out in court.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So moving on.
Speaker 8: A judge in Washington State is now blocking President Trump's executive order on birthright citizenship.
Speaker 7: Now, this ruling.
Speaker 8: Comes just one day after a Maryland judge also blocked the order. Trump he signed this executive order on his first day back into office, aiming to restrict birthright citizenship so it would not apply to children born in the US to parents who are not here illegally. Let's hear from Washington Attorney General Nick Brown, who says Trump is overstepping his authority when he issued this executive order.
Speaker 12: In the first place, we're back to the status quote that we've had in this country for one hundred and fifty years, that you are an American if you are born on us soil.
Speaker 3: We do not have a king.
Speaker 12: We have a president who must abide by the laws, and if they want amend the Constitution, there is a process by which to do.
Speaker 8: That, right and that process includes, you know, going through Congress.
Speaker 7: So this order was set to take effect on February.
Speaker 8: Nineteenth, but that has now been halted and the Justice Department they are appealing this decision, and this court is headed to this case is headed to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, but the case is expected to go all the way to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 4: Is that okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, Well that is page news. We'll see you next album.
Speaker 7: Yep, coming up.
Speaker 8: We'll talk super Bowl ticket prices and how they are taking a major dive and why they are so much cheaper this year.
Speaker 5: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to event, call us up right now. It's Friday. So if it's something on your mind, is something you just need to get off your chest again. Call us up right now eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's a new day. Is your time to get it off.
Speaker 2: Your chest, whether you're.
Speaker 6: Mad or blessed, time to get up and get some Call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello.
Speaker 9: Who's this Michelle?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Guys. I need I need help, but my car got repossessed and I need two thousand dollars. If you guys, please please, I can give you my cash up.
Speaker 1: You're not even gonna just give us no backstory. You're just gonna call frantic and just drop that on it.
Speaker 9: Because literally, I'm at work. I just started a new job. I don't get paid until the sixteenth, but they're gonna put it to sell for.
Speaker 3: The tenth So how did you how'd you get to work?
Speaker 9: But obviously we know that's expensive. I live in Florida, so it's not like easy, you know, like trains and stuff.
Speaker 6: You know, So you're gonna you're gonna pay us back. You get paid on the sixteen I'm sorry. I'm truly ruly, Oh man, I was trying to make you laugh.
Speaker 4: Damn, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have to. I'm be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I don't have two thousand dollars to get right now, I can give you a little something. I put a little something on it.
Speaker 5: Give you put your put your cash up out there, Mama, listen, and maybe that the list is out there will feel you and help you out.
Speaker 3: You better be telling the truth what I'm teching, am I? What is it?
Speaker 2: Slow down? Slow downslows city again?
Speaker 9: M I see h E L l E E twenty.
Speaker 6: Nine, Michelle E twenty nine, Michelle Williams like from Destiny Child? Yeah, yes, what type of call is it that they're reporlling of Jedda?
Speaker 9: Volkswaging Jedda.
Speaker 1: So so let me make CAS's knowledge. Let me see t M I C H E L L E E twenty nine.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many how many months did you miss? Mama?
Speaker 9: Three months?
Speaker 3: Why could you use this aut of work?
Speaker 4: Yeah? She said she got a new job.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm putting a little so, I'm putting a little something on it. Okay, I hope you're telling the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you work in that you can't talk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I could talk.
Speaker 9: I'm just fransic.
Speaker 3: You what, Yeah she can't.
Speaker 4: She's in a bathroom.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean to be honest with you, people can't really help you if you don't really tell the story. So I understand that you know you're going through a lot right now, but you do have to speak up, just to tad bit and let everybody know what you're really dealing with.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry, I can't speak. It's just that I'm going through so much emotion, so I'm just I can't.
Speaker 2: And what about family? Got family and friends?
Speaker 9: Mama, Yes, they've been helping me, but like that's they've been helping me with my food and stuff like that. And I thought I had time. I thought it'd be like four months, but it was three months that we start to repossession.
Speaker 3: Check your cash out. Let me see if you got what I just sent.
Speaker 2: Okay, and how much how much is the note a monthly?
Speaker 9: Your jedda, Oh yes, I got yes, I got it. Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. And all the viewers out there. Anything helps, please please.
Speaker 1: And I hope you really spending his money on what you said, don't go buy no weed now, don't go buy a zip of that good good in Florida or something.
Speaker 2: How much is the jEdit? How much is the JEDDA know the month?
Speaker 9: Mama four forty four?
Speaker 2: He said, four forty four.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, Mama four forty four four Jetta.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: You're going downgrade that. Get you a Honda next time. Okay.
Speaker 5: No, she probably got the call when the prices were high, because it was one time when all those car prices were high.
Speaker 2: That's why it's probably extremely high.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not I know, a repossession on your credit is bad, but the cars right now, they're damned. They're giving them away if you actually, I mean it would be hard to lose it. But if he was able to get a new car now, it would probably be like one hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 1: The radio station after two thousand, just you just to buy another go buy another car. You're calling up here to get two thousand dollars and get your car represented. But you know what, if you go buy another one right now.
Speaker 5: Right now, idiots would be listening if they took that car and she was able to get another car in the family member's name. It would be two three hundred dollars cheaper. If you idiots were listening, Why would she.
Speaker 3: Get her car?
Speaker 5: And sometime to tell her sometimes she can't.
Speaker 3: Can we deal with the problem at hand?
Speaker 5: But if she can't pay for this car this month, she'll be able to pay for the next. It's too expensive for her.
Speaker 1: And the top of the she need to start riding the bus. How about giving that advice.
Speaker 6: Maybe she did just get she did just get a job, and she don't get paid to the success she.
Speaker 2: Got to pay for.
Speaker 5: She said she had family members of her with food and rent and all that other stuff. Sometimes you got to let it go and then get some cheap That's what I let it go. You save something that you know they'll save it now, but next month you.
Speaker 2: Have the same problem.
Speaker 3: She's still on the line.
Speaker 2: She hung up, got your money and hung up.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope she does, Okay, I hope she does.
Speaker 5: To get it off here, yes, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast club in morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: The dog.
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: You're all?
Speaker 2: Oh, good morning?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 14: Do v man?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 14: Shot him to God and everybody. My name is Justin justin pleasure, pleasure man. I just wanted to get off my chest and to shout out my beautiful wife more than Daltin smith Man. She gave birth to both set to my twins. So I have six kids total, and she she gave birth to five of them. So I just want to shout out, show all left. She's been holding me down for a long time and we're rocking together.
Speaker 1: She had twins from you twice and another job, Yes, sir, Wow, congratulations brother man.
Speaker 14: It's a beautiful thing. It's a beautiful boy.
Speaker 3: Do twins run in your family?
Speaker 14: I actually jokingly call her predator loves are and I did nothing about it. So when when when it was bright your time, it was played, I'm like, okay, but then if you take it again it was another said it played. I'm like, literally odds of this and if one of them this is our side of the family.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's her side of the family. Okay, Okay, okay, got you got you well?
Speaker 2: Congratulations brother.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, it's a beautiful theory.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful, Yes, sir, a good have a great weekend.
Speaker 14: You all do the same.
Speaker 3: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 15: Yo?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 16: Good morning?
Speaker 17: You'll big chocolate the toe sucker, So listen two quick things. Let me say rest in peace, herve God. He condolens to Chris Gotti and the family. And I think Drake is going out.
Speaker 3: Like a sucker right.
Speaker 17: All these lawsuits against Hendrick Lamar, Kendrick's making him look like a fool. I think Drake needs might help check it out. Kendrick Lamar is only four feet tall.
Speaker 1: It's not enough.
Speaker 17: He can't kiss Sai because he ain't tall enough. He got twenty pair of short pans, so he ain't that tough. What do you all think about my song?
Speaker 3: Is it rough? Really?
Speaker 1: Really really need to get a job. There's no way that this guy has employment anywhere.
Speaker 3: I just don't see it for him.
Speaker 4: Is not suing Kendrick, he says, have.
Speaker 2: You ever seen him?
Speaker 1: Drake is definitely Drake ain't sewing Kendrick, but he might as well be. That's why you're gonna lose that lawsuit because if you're suing the record label, but you're using Kendrick's lyrics to sue the record label. But I'm not doing Kendrick. I'm suing Kendrick. I saw drink a picture of Drake yesterday with some rainbow, some cowboy rainbow rain rainboots on.
Speaker 3: You didn't, yes, I did.
Speaker 1: He was ad on like some rain boots, but they were cowboy.
Speaker 3: Boots, bright blue.
Speaker 2: I didn't see rainbow. They were like blue.
Speaker 3: I said rain boots. You said.
Speaker 2: Rainbow.
Speaker 3: They are rain but the rainbow to because they look gay.
Speaker 2: So either way, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: You ain't see this yet.
Speaker 2: Five eight five five one. We got just with the Mets coming up.
Speaker 6: Yes, yo, speaking of super bowld little Wayne drops some news and I feel like you're taking shots trying to rain on the parade.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll get to that next. It don't go Anywhere's the breakfast club? Good morning the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Can't believe we put this song in rotation two years two years later?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: June twenty twenty three, can we do someth Can we play Kendrick he's performing at the super Bowl or Sunday.
Speaker 2: Can we just play some Kendrick every hour.
Speaker 3: That would be good. You know, that would make sense.
Speaker 5: We support our brother's performing at the I mean that was the super Bowl. We don't have so many black rappers performing us. Can we do that this morning?
Speaker 1: That would make no disrespect to Soak City three three one old baby, but all disrespected Solk City. No, man, I'm just saying that's just I know he.
Speaker 3: Got new music, yo.
Speaker 4: That is really old.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 18: Oh my god, I'm just thought about it.
Speaker 4: That's Lauria, y'all.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess you was real.
Speaker 4: Just Robber Moore just don't do no lines.
Speaker 2: Don't do that talk Nobody talk them Roy.
Speaker 3: That's worldwide matter.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Gloves.
Speaker 3: He's the coaching ship.
Speaker 15: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 3: It's time to set it off.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: So Lauren was with LOLd Wayne because he being he's still being shady. I feel like he's overshadowing his own announcement by trying to, you know, keep bringing it back the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: So I agree.
Speaker 18: So Lil Wayne dropped a Super Bowl commercial, and the commercials with set a feel, and y'all got to stay with me on this because when I first watched it, I was like, is he being shaved? I didn't catch it, but I'm explaining. So let's take a listen to some of the moments in the commercial and then I'll explain what we just listened to.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's a different direction this time, but we have another focus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Passian City Field, let's go.
Speaker 19: Hey, we're still going, Nah, this is time sensitive.
Speaker 18: So at the end where he says this is time sensitive, that is where he announces the Carter six is coming. And there's a sign at the end of the commercial that says do not disturb Carter six and he's in the studio. Basically he's like, nah, I got basically I got better things to do, right, people have been waiting on a new Carter. He's gonna announce it now. I feel like that's his Like, y'all didn't give me super Bowl, but cool, we're gonna go over here and do this. In the beginning of that commercial when he mentions being sensitive, so it feels all about like sensitive skin or whatever. Y'all remember when Lil Wayne responded to or released that video after it was announce that Kendrick was doing the Super Bowl when everybody was upset. People came online and was like, lol, Wayne is being emotional, Like it's not that deep. People felt like, you don't show up for a lot of your performances or whatever the case may be, so they gave it to Kendrick.
Speaker 4: Kendrick has the biggest song this year.
Speaker 18: It made sense Wayne should have just kept the People thought he wayn should have kept that video to himself.
Speaker 6: They didn't give it to Kendrick because Wayne don't show up for his performances.
Speaker 4: They just gave the Kendrick because that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: Had a prolific career and had a great year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was never about Wayne.
Speaker 3: It was about Wayne.
Speaker 1: My first mind that when I when I saw that commercial was then when you can't be in a set of field commercial acting Ashley. But I think it's a great time to announce your album. It's a super Bowl commercial. I didn't know it was a Super bowls A super Bowl, Yeah, I don't that's a great time to announce your album and see the field is full sensitive skill.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's great too.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a great time to announce that album. I mean, it's super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I thought it was too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I not use it.
Speaker 18: I agree it was the perfect time, but I just feel like the conversation. Of course, people won't lean into the mess. So the conversation has been is he snubbing the super Bowl? And it's like, I wouldn't even want that conversation around my album.
Speaker 1: And he's snubbing the super Bowl to super Bowl snubbed him super.
Speaker 5: Bow, and I wouldn't care because I'm sure they paid him a bunch of m's and he's using that to.
Speaker 2: Promote his other I think that's smart.
Speaker 6: Well, he just gotta leave super Bowl out of it, leave all of that out of it.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 18: I think it overshadows like you said, and it begins.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for the way I'm excited. I'm excited. I just want him to focus on himself.
Speaker 3: Like, yes, it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be eighty MILLI people watching super That conversial run on Sunday, that's when Blax.
Speaker 4: I'm listening to it soon as to drop.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but you know, everybody tune in the super Bowl for the corrocials now speaking of Super Bowl. Kendrick Lamar, who we know will be taking the stage during halftime with Siza and whatever ol surprise guests, sat down with Apple Music and had a conversation about super Bowl just you know what the production and preparing for it has been. Like, let's take a listen to first, he talks about the Grammy win and how major that was for him. Let's take listen to that.
Speaker 19: I was just thinking about the culture. Really, it's always that for me. First, I'm not even bullsh It's like when people talk about rap man the conversations out here, they think it's just rap and it's not an actual art form. So when you put records like that at the forefront, it reminds people that this is more than just something that came fifty years ago. They forget that it's even been there fifty years, right, and like kind of like be little it. So I love to see that it gets that type of recognition for just straight raps, from awards to the billboards all that, because this is truly just as big as an art form and a genre as any other genre. And I feel accomplished being able to do that. You know, whether somebody else come behind me and do it again and quadrupuleate. I love to see it. If that was my purpose to do that, then that's exactly what it was for that particular moment.
Speaker 1: That's why Kendrick is in the conversations of the greatest of all time. That's why he's distanced himself from all his piers and you can only talk about him with the goats and the ghosts because he.
Speaker 3: Cares about the craft.
Speaker 1: You don't care about sales nor any commercial recognition.
Speaker 5: He's just about the art. I respect that, and you can see it. It bleeds to his music all the time. It bleeds to his performance. So absolutely positive, the right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And he talked a lot about The question he was asked was basically like how did it feel for him when he went home? And he was like silent and and has he gotten a chance to kind of take this all in? That was the gist of the conversation. They then asked him about like just Sissa and including Sissa on the Super Bowl and the fact that she's had a big year too when he got to see her from the beginning, and have they had a chance to kind of crash out together and be like, yo, we here so this is his response to that.
Speaker 19: We haven't even had a chance to shot about it because everything you've been moving fast, like far as production and rehearsals and stuff, so we speak whether it's not. We haven't really got a chance to settle into the moment. For me personally watching her, it's amazing to see I get to finally see how certain individuals see me come up in a process because I've seen her day one, coming in the studio and writing songs, throwing away songs, writing another song. And I understood that process though wanting to be great, you know, even when we you know, Pere saying this is classic record, She's like, no, you know, I'm gonna write another one. And I understood that and I've seen it. So to see it now magnified is like she always had it, man, she always had it. And I'm just honored to be next to a talent.
Speaker 3: YO.
Speaker 4: Love that.
Speaker 18: I love that now and more super Bowl conversation. There's two things. So first, yesterday online Saquon Barkley's wife, her name is Anna Condone, they went and found some tweets from sis. You know, first of all, when they won the game, when the Eagles won the game.
Speaker 4: There was a nine white lawyer his fiance.
Speaker 18: I'm sorry, well she does give that. You saw them in a photo together. But when he won, when they won that game, and they took the pictures and he went to the sideline and took to his family. It was people always get upset when they see the black football players with the white wives.
Speaker 4: So that was a whole thing. They went and found some.
Speaker 18: Alleged tweets from Sis using it in word, and it was a thing that was happening on Twitter. It was hashtag replaced a Disney movie with the in word. So she did the cheatera girls and she said the cheetah in word. And then somebody had tweeted her I guess trying to be funny and said, hey my little gold digger, and she responded, you know what she said, I guess, so no funny not from She responded, she ain't messing with no broke in word. That's what these are. Alleged tweets say gold nigga comments.
Speaker 4: They said.
Speaker 18: The one comment says, now girl, look them tweets have been found. While we want Homeboy to focus on the wind, just know we're gonna be on your behind.
Speaker 4: Come Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Want to lose and behind.
Speaker 4: Just a long back.
Speaker 3: Jesus yo.
Speaker 18: They told her hang it up if they if he win, you definitely better hang it up.
Speaker 4: So they've been on her.
Speaker 18: She hasn't released the statement as of yet on this. And again, these are alleged tweets.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say hang it up to a white woman, and she to her to say it bank.
Speaker 9: Everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, you know she'll do.
Speaker 3: It all see the sweets hang it up flat screen. Yes, you're talking about her, ass. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That's the luck to the super Bowl basically, AI, she might as well.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even claim it.
Speaker 6: No, when he ran after the game and all I thought that was a reporter. I didn't know that that was I thought that was one of the people.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 13: Mad.
Speaker 4: People were confused.
Speaker 18: It was like, wait, that's his wife. But then she had the kids in her hands, so they was like, oh, shoot, okay.
Speaker 4: Whole time.
Speaker 3: All right, it's trying to distract you.
Speaker 4: Stay focused, baby now.
Speaker 3: Even though you're playing for Philly and that's doctor Lamar Steen. He don't approve of that relationship, totally against it.
Speaker 1: Just don't be distracted, okay, And don't let it get in the booth for Gilly.
Speaker 5: Then y'all say, what good luck, great Jesus Christ. All right, well that was Jess with the mess. When we come back, we got front page news. Move it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You're checking out the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne to God here and I want you to let Audible expand your life by listening, tap into your well being with audiobooks, podcast and originals on betterhealth, relationships, finance, and more, and reach the goals you set for yourself. Sign up today for a free thirty day trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 5: Everybody is tj MG, Jess.
Speaker 2: Hilarius, Charlamagne, the God.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get back as the front page news, real quick sports. Super Bowl over. The Super Bowl is Sunday, six thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Now, who you got, Jess?
Speaker 4: You know I got the Eagles.
Speaker 6: You know I gotta go with the Cousins City. It ain't no DMV up been there, but Philly is.
Speaker 4: Right next door. So I gotta go with the Eagles.
Speaker 1: I want the Eagles to win on paper. I believe the Eagles can win. I believe that it's gonna be hard. To stop, say Quon Barkley. If you do stop sa Quon Barkley, then Jalen Hurts and aj Brown and all of those guys can hurt you. But they are going up against the Kansas City Chiefs, the referees, and Taylor Swift. It's gonna be very difficult to overcome that task. But I want the Eagles to win. But my head says, my heart says the Eagles, My head says the Kansas City Chiefs win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't necessarily care.
Speaker 5: I would love to see the Chiefs get a three p but then I want to see Saquon Barkley get a ring. But I'm just I'm just going to I'm watching for the German. I don't really have a dog in this fight. I just just want to enjoy a good game.
Speaker 1: And then it's just the Eagles represent blackness to me, you know what I'm saying, black ass, tough city, black ass players.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs just represent whiteness. A lot of mayonnaise over there, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of mannaise of lot Twift.
Speaker 3: It's not just Swift, though, it is.
Speaker 1: Patrick mahomes wife is Travis Patrick Mahomes white, is Donald Trump congratulating it's just a lot of man.
Speaker 2: Wife is is white as well.
Speaker 3: Docom, I don't approve it at either.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, I did not know that, y'a.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna talk about any rumors, I believe. All right, good morning, maybe.
Speaker 7: Good morning y'all.
Speaker 8: So, uh, White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt is unveiling President Trump's tax plan. The administration is calling it the largest tax cut in history for middle class, working Americans. Let's hear from Press Secretary Caroline Levitt on what's exactly included in the package.
Speaker 20: No tax on tips, which is obviously a very public campaign promise that the President made. No tax on seniors social Security, no tax on overtime pay, renewing President Trump's twenty seventeen middle class tax cuts. Again, these are President's priorities. Adjusting the salts cap, eliminate all the special tax breaks for billionaire sports team owners, close the carried interest tax deduction, loophole, tax cuts for made in America products. This will be the largest tax cut in history for middle class, working Americans. The President is committed to working with Congress to get this done.
Speaker 1: Maybe I need to hit that again and read that again. Where was the middle class tax cuts, our tax cuts for billionaire and the middle class. What middle class got tech cuts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: There there really wasn't any you know, in this announcement. It's coming after the Republicans they met for five hours at the White House. They failed to reach a final deal on how to exactly extend his tax cuts. But senior lawmakers say they are close in agreement. Now. Of course, Republicans, you know, they hold a majority in both the House and the Senate. They spent weeks trying to agree on a plan to cover the cost of extending the tax cuts. But nonpartisan analysts they say that this tax plan is going to add another four trillion to the country's thirty six trillion dollar deficit over the next decade.
Speaker 7: So I don't know how that's going to help, all right.
Speaker 8: So federal health workers, they are also on high alert after disturbing There's a disturbing website called DEI watch List. It began making its rounds on social media.
Speaker 7: The site features the names, the.
Speaker 8: Photos, and other information of dozens of federal workers, many of whom are minorities, working in healthcare related agencies like the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institute of Health. So the site at one point labeled these individuals as targets for their involvement in diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, as well as for activities like donating to democratic causes and using pronouns in their bio so legal experts they're calling this, of course, an intimidation tactic and part of the Trump administration's pushed to dismantle parts of the federal government. Now the website, it's been online for about a week, and there's a conservative group, a conservative group that they're saying that's behind it, called the American Accountability Foundation. They're also listed as an advisor on Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I was looking at that list the other day and it's amazing to me, me, me, how marginalized communities are being targeted. You know, black people, brown people, white women. What I was thinking is, how do they know these folks aren't qualified?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 9: Are?
Speaker 1: They're just looking at them and just saying, hey, because of their identity, they're DEI hires.
Speaker 3: How do they know that these people aren't qualified?
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 8: They're looking at their skin and literally putting them on this list. And people are saying that they've been getting calls, they've been getting.
Speaker 7: Just you know, harassed already.
Speaker 8: From this list, there's like fifty or sixty people on this list, So pretty pretty dangerous, okay. And so switching gears to Super Bowl weekend. We all know that Super Bowl tickets can be expensive. This year, for some reason, prices are down. In fact, they fall in like sixty percent this week, acording to the retail site tick pick. The downfall has to do with one thing, and that is location. Apparently, the Super Bowl has been in New Orleans like ten ten times. This is the eleventh time it's going to be in New Orleans, and people are just you know, not that excited about it. The cheapest ticket is about twenty five hundred dollars. To put that in perspective, last year, the cheapest ticket in Vegas went for about fifty four hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: That had to be from this week because last week, in a week before that, it was twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's buying a lot of different factors.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to see Taylor Swift and Donald Trump's going to be at the game.
Speaker 3: That's probably a whole other Security has yet another headache.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know, charlottecause according to TMZ, people are trying to They're willing to buy suits so they can see Donald Trump and Taylor Swift Like that's apparently like the draw right now. They want to be in the eye sight of the two biggest names at the Superdome.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see Taylor Swift and Donald Trump and their iraq.
Speaker 3: I bet you Taylor won't stand on business.
Speaker 1: Taylor, you put that post up going against Trump during the campaign, endorsedon Kamala.
Speaker 3: I bet you.
Speaker 1: Foond bet I bet you fo when Trump comes in that suite because Patrick Mahomes wife is a big Trump supporter. What's the over under on Taylor swipping Donald Trump having a friendly in action.
Speaker 3: Let's go. That's the bat.
Speaker 7: That's your page news.
Speaker 8: I'm me Me Brown, follow me on social at me me Brown TV, and for for more news coverage, follow the Black Information Network or download the free iHeartRadio app and visit bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 3: Oh ask me one thing. How's your family and house and everything?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 3: Got know you? You got in l a right, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, We're good.
Speaker 7: I'm in studio City. So the closest fire to me. There was a fire in.
Speaker 8: Studio City, but we just had to evacuate for a day, nothing like you know the rest of the people.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: Good, Okay, Yeah, thank y'all. I appreciate that it was a little scary, but no, we're goohead. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right it me and me have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: All right, y'all have a good weekend everybody else.
Speaker 5: When we come back, nineteen Keys will be joining us. He's the host of High Level Conversations podcast, and we're gonna talk to him next.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: I feel hypocritical speaking to people about economic empowerment and liberation and then working for the white man. You feel me, But I grew up better time. My parents told me I was a god, that I can do anything. So they installed this belief and this pride right within self that I see what's missing in the world. A lot of people look at it when I talk about truth or truth seeking. It's not that I think I'm better than somebody who just focusing on money. I think I'm just better at focusing on truth, you know what I mean? And so I feel like that's my pathway to influence, and that's the one thing that I.
Speaker 3: Can give to the world.
Speaker 21: So as a futurist, I'm always looking ahead and saying what place are we not?
Speaker 3: What space are we not? Playing again?
Speaker 21: And if I can direct our energy and our attention before it's too late, we could have some power and ownership.
Speaker 5: You talk about entrepreneurship and how important that is, especially for our culture, So speak on that because a lot of people don't necessarily get entrepreneurship because they weren't raised by it, right, They're raised working nine to.
Speaker 2: Five busy bee workers. So break that down a little bit.
Speaker 21: Well, I think it's monumentally important, and I could first look at it like why do we shift away from If you look at in the early nineteen sixties, the CIA would fund certain groups that was pushing more towards afro centricity, right, And the reason they did that because they or rather you have just their symbolic cultural pride than actual ownership.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 21: You take somebody like John Horse who fought a multiple wars for his freedom. When I think about a story like that, that's a story of resilience, you know what I mean, Like the fighting war at that time was hard, especially to survive. Not only that we learned about Harriet Tubman, but with John Horse, he took over two hundred people over eight hundred miles to Mexico for freedom. Now, as entrepreneurs, what are we doing. It's an active rebellion. It's a react of resilience. Right, we're saying that I want to be a presumer. I want to produce what I consume. Right, that's the direct mindset that they want to eliminate. Because if we have that sort of thought process, then you take your child and you start building generational wealth by teaching them skill sets by saying, look, pops, build up this coffee company. Right, this is what our last name represents, this industry. Now, this is what you get, the command and take over and expand now you get purpose, envision and guidance to the next generation.
Speaker 3: So for me, when I fired my job, I worked that prouder for a number of years.
Speaker 16: Job.
Speaker 3: Feel they couldn't afford me no more. I got too smart for him, So it really wasn't fair for me to continue to work for you, feel me. But what you're doing exactly selves, Okay.
Speaker 21: So you know I'm in there speaking Mandarin, you feel me. I learned how to sell very well where I was studying every psychological book that I possibly could on it. And you know, a command of language and communication is always been my forte and I realized I was extremely good at it. And but what I also realized I was there to steal the knowledge and then gonna utilize that for myself. So soon as I fired them, I actually opened up a business in Oakland, California. Right I had a storefront where it's a clothing store. The story of the call the time was called Moosa Hill do Art as well, so I would sell my paintings throughout there. It lasted for about two years, and then somebody hired me to come speak at their school shabout college. And I went there and I had a plan. I said, when I go there, I'm gonna speak. And at the time, I got like five hundred followers, but I said, I'm gonna speak and it's gonna go viral. Now everybody looking at me like I'm crazy, But I understood the type of conversations that I had that if the world heard right, it would be needed and valuable. So therefore I did, and they did go viral. And then the following started to come in and I couldn't manage both at the same time. I couldn't manage to continue to do the clothing. I found a calling and a purpose in that, and I said, let me go full time on that right as being nineteen keys for the world. But I want to ask you two things you talked about going to It was the Elijah Muhammad School with Eliges Educational Center. So what was that culture shift like when you come from getting.
Speaker 1: The knowledge studying things like, you know, Elijah Mohammed message of the Black Man, but then going to public school.
Speaker 3: Because you light years ahead of everybody.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it was crazy because it was like a culture shock because them kids was crazy. You feel me, mannish and freaky. You feel me, They was wild and stuff that It wasn't that we were just ultimately sheltered, right, we understood the world existed. I still grew up in Oakland, I still grew up off twenty fourth in Telegraph.
Speaker 3: When we went back to school, you feel me.
Speaker 21: None of the kids in our environment went to the same school that we did, so we understood it that, you know, everybody else had a different way of living. We were always the Muslim family in the neighborhood, you feel me all the other friends was Christian and things of that nature. So but going to that public school number one, I realized and I started to feel sorry for other children.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 3: I used to feel sorry for kids that believed in Santa Claus. When I was younger.
Speaker 21: I thought they was dumb, straight up because the story just didn't make no systems.
Speaker 6: But I tell you, well, because you y'all feel that a lot of your kids tell why, I tell you.
Speaker 1: Blast the way children, that's a fat white man coming.
Speaker 18: Down, I think when you grow up, because like for me, like it was like, okay, it's a myth of Santa Claus. But when I grew up, it was more so like, oh, you can believe in something that's not real, and you it's kind of like dreaming.
Speaker 1: When you get older in realize that's not real. Then that's why people even get a disconnection from God because.
Speaker 18: That happened that don't happen. That happened with me, don't happen with everybody else. For me, it was like, okay, if my mom can work however long a year to make Christmas happen, bless sweat and tears, But she wants me to believe in something bigger because for whatever reason, let me go out into the world and see what believing in something bigger can do.
Speaker 4: Because I know she busts.
Speaker 3: Fat white man the credit for.
Speaker 18: Her Santa Clauses in my house and coming down with my mom when we would see seeing it they were black, and she did that on purpose.
Speaker 21: Why did you shoot sorry from nineteen yen? Well, because I just didn't think it was smart and it didn't make sense to me. And I just remember being younger and feeling like like the truth is the best thing you can know, like actually being in reality. Y'all right, but nobody cares about the truth when the lives more in the team.
Speaker 18: Some of it got to be entertainment too, not got to be but that's what people want.
Speaker 21: Well, that captures people attention to remember things and even negative thing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 21: The reason we focus on negative things is because it's based on our survival. We evolve to see negative things and focus more on it because we evolve to survive in case things are threats, so we give them more attention than they should. We get one negative comment out of a thousand, and then all of our our brain processes focuses in on that to make sure that that's not a threat. But then we remember that more and we magnify it. So the problem is usually never as big as it really is in reality. It's our perception of it because there's always something positive going on, but we don't pay attention to it as much. So we live in a world of low level information, low level entertainment, low level conversations right, and most people don't have a reasoning ability, critical thinking skill.
Speaker 3: To analyze data or even have the time to do it. When you think.
Speaker 21: About having time to process information is to keep I spend a lot of time reflecting on things before I speak, which is why I don't want to just sound like, oh, I've seen something on Twitter, so now I'm going to reverberate whatever that was. No, I want to say, Okay, what do you actually think about it? And most people don't realize they're not actually thinking, they're reacting. They don't know how to respond, they don't have an ability to respond, so they're not responsible. Right when things happen in the media, we just react. Now there's videos, reaction, reaction, reaction, because you don't actually know what you think you just know how to react.
Speaker 3: That's low level.
Speaker 21: High level is taking time to actually think about it, study it, go into a deep analysis, understand the.
Speaker 3: Root of it.
Speaker 21: So now you have the ability to see it from a different perspective and analyze things.
Speaker 3: That's what we have to be.
Speaker 21: But this is what I know is that the average and the majority of people will never get there.
Speaker 3: Most people will stay stuck in this matrix. This is why they need.
Speaker 21: Leaders, even though it shouldn't be this point to where you're looking for a savior, say save yourself.
Speaker 2: We have more with nineteen Keys when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning, Everybody's dj NV just hilarious. Charlamage, the guy we are the breakfast Club, Lo on the roster is hanging with us this morning and we're still kicking it with nineteen Keys.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: I want to talk more about that boycott too.
Speaker 1: I we're gonna get into it because it's interesting with the boycott because I see what the call to action is the boycott, But what do we hope to gain from said boycott? And I think it's wild that we're targeting people, are targeting, just target when Amazon did the same thing.
Speaker 3: You Betta did the same thing. Face, Walmart's done the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, why just target and you're protesting on the platform that's also doing the same thing to you. I'm just I think we we we like to pacify and get symbols versus substance.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying anything wrong for Boycott. I just need to hear more. I'm not gonna dog them.
Speaker 21: I think that they're just used to a certain playbook and this is what they know. This is how they know to react, to know how to respond. Again, it goes back to history. We are continuing to look at how do we become activists, how to become revolutionary, and we take a certain archetype, right, we take the mar and the Malcolm and say, okay, well, if I want to be a revolutionary activist, I'm going to do this. The problem is we in a new time, so it has to evolve. It has to look more innovative in the way that we go about doing things. When I talked about the Seminar Wars, they spent billions of dollars trying to capture them, and they realized, number one, we could have spent that money building ourselves up right, building our world up while we spending billions of dollars to try to capture slaves that didn't make no sense to them. We spent billions of dollars in the Civil rights era trying to integrate. And when we were boycott in the bus lines, we could have took all of that focus and credit on bus systems.
Speaker 3: We could have took all.
Speaker 21: Of that money, that time, that energy, and that protest and say what about these businesses that we can build up? Instead, we were looking to be accepted and we weren't going for real power. It was going for symbolic power, power gesture. So the real will be saying you know what, we're not Our focus becomes this roundtable. And this is where I put the onus on black leadership because we say we ain't got black leadership. We actually do right, but they just don't position themselves as such. You got the Divine nine that is a powerful organization and network all throughout America. We've seen that power when Kamala Harris was able to raise a billion dollars right, we bragged about the power matter of fact that we can get on a call of ten thousand of us instantly overnight and raise millions of dollars. Our problem has always been shifting power in their own direction. Instead of empowering ourselves, we're asking somebody else to give us power. And my thought process and my plan behind the scenes we're working on a lot of different things. Is how you create your own digital nation, and then that digital nation creates and by physical assets, you can do things like Dall's.
Speaker 3: You ain't got to buy in into nothing.
Speaker 21: You can say, okay, black Church, nabj HBCUs, everybody that wants to, all the activists, everybody that wants to have a voice. How about we create a decentralized autonomous organization, which essentially is saying that everybody can become a citizen of it and vote what we want to do. Now, if we put together millions of dollars inside this treasury, then we can decide what we want to buy with that money, what we want to create. Right, We can start our own social media, we can build our own targets. All of these things are created by founders and men. These things are not impossible to do, but as long as we use these systems, there's impossible ways to fight them.
Speaker 18: All of that I agree that I think that that and what you're trying to do is need it. But my pushback would be or just I want to hear your thoughts on it. Number one, Like you talk about social media and creating our own we have fan base, right, People complain about X and Instagram, but they don't go to fan base.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 18: And then you have Tabitha Brown who got a lot of pushback because she was like, look, let's be smarter, let's support the black brands so they don't disappear on these corporate levels, and then we can take that money and then go build our own. So you basically we need somebody in the room to get in infiltrate and then we move our own. We don't support stuff like that. We don't support the fan base. And so when do we ever get to that point where it's centralized where we can actually move the way you're talking about, because I.
Speaker 3: Think we should feel we're not important fan base. Yeah, I think we're most money out of any ploi.
Speaker 18: It's not that we're not supporting it, but people are not. There's not a mass exit from Twitter or Instagram like there's not. Well, and that I think two things can be true with that.
Speaker 21: I think that it's not just the fact that people don't want to support it. I think it's the way he's building it. And there's no disrespect to Isaac Hayes, I had tweeted out the other day. Me and him had our differences, but I would still utilize fan base because I would be hypocritical, not too right, and I believe there should be.
Speaker 3: A mass exodus and people should utilize it.
Speaker 21: I think that, you know, when I had conversation with him years ago, I was telling him, or at least advising, what I believe was one of the best routes to get a mass amount of people to utilize it, because unfortunately, we don't go to things because they black on. What is the most important thing I think is economic sovereignty. If we can all agree that we must do for self, we can all agree that we need to have our own banks, owned systems on schools, education, then we decide, okay, well, then what is the best route. This is why I believe in things like DALLAS and voting mechanism. This is not something that's gonna take one hundred years. This is something that can get done in one hundred days, right and What we should be focusing on is efficiency, right, what is the most efficient and effective way to do it? Because I think that when I look at these boycotts, I look at an efficient, old, outdated models right of activism that we keep recycling. But they don't create any progress. So therefore it's easy to control because they already know that playbook. Oh they're gonna try to boycott us for forty day, just wait that out. Don't even worry about it.
Speaker 1: You feel we look even crazy of boycotting something like Target while we're on platforms that have also rolled back.
Speaker 21: There d come on now, Mark Zuckerberry rolled it back. We're talking about it on ex and Twitter.
Speaker 3: This is how they know you're not serious.
Speaker 21: And a lot of people might not like this, but again, when you go back to the timelines of history, we have this Malcolm.
Speaker 3: And Martin paradox. Right, People pick sides.
Speaker 21: And it's more creating a conflict between us outcome. I'm non pascifists. Are you more aggressive or a Muslim? You Christian? I believe the powers that be knew what narratives to push on the black community that was more divisive. Why don't we study Marcus Garvey and the honorable Elijah Muhammad who had the most successful economic blueprints.
Speaker 3: And especially when Malcolm was the honorable lot of Mohammad student No. One hundred percent. But when you look at history, people go to say, well, they killed this and it's not true.
Speaker 21: But first of all, you should look at it based on the honable like Mama had a third grade education. He built an entire ecosystem in America with this intelligence.
Speaker 3: Who is that man?
Speaker 21: How is he able to do it? And I don't care if you like him or not. If he had the right blueprint, then we should follow it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 21: Like we got to get up our feelings about whether he was Christian or Muslim or this and that. And I believe that's what holds us back because we not following the right blueprint. We looking at who we like, and that's because we're focused on how do we maintain to.
Speaker 3: Have more control.
Speaker 21: The Black Church are not going to push no economic plan by Elijah Muhammad because they need you to continue to follow them, and some of the stuff that they do is just downright disrespectful and not teaching the correct history. So I believe that it's this timeline that we have in the way that we look at history, which is why we don't see ourselves a certain way, and we see ourselves as wait a minute, this man had banks, he had schools, he had airplanes, he had aviation schools, trusts, farms, import export with poultry, banks, temples all across America. It was an economic network. Black Wall Street was one place in time. We have to make it not just how do we create one Black Wall Street? How do we create the economic network that is Black Wall Street today? And we don't have the reference in the past, something that's attached to trauma. We can look at something that was happening in the nineteen sixties, and when you look at history, you look at the fact that we stopped focused on global allies, we stopped going into this radical mind right, and we went to a more pacifist way of thinking.
Speaker 3: And I think that that's what was dangerous today.
Speaker 2: We got more with nineteen keys.
Speaker 5: When we come back, it's the breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody is TJ NV, Jess, Hilarry and Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club lone. The roster is hanging up with us as well. We're still kicking them with nineteen Keys, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: You know everything you're talking about, what do you think of? Like you're describing basically like a sovereign wealth fund, and you see Trump just sign the order establishing a sovereign.
Speaker 3: Wealth fu Yeah, for America.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're right, they're doing yeah, things that we could potentially be doing.
Speaker 21: They show you the blueprint right there. You want to avoid kind that's old. That's just one part of it. If y'all want to be the active is sure, we need somebody to make the noise right, We need somebody to bring attention, but allow people who actually have real plans about infrastructure. And I don't need to come on here and break it all down. That's void of the point. You don't need to let your enemy know everything that you're doing. But the point is is that there are real people who actually know how to lead these things. And the reason that I'm saying, like, I don't want to just go on social media and say it. I want to have these conversations with leaders behind the scene.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, nineteen Keys, you represent a new generation of radical black consciousness that has always existed as always is cut through and it's always needed.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why you know, throughout the history of Breakfast Club, all of the old GI's older. Doctor Claude Anderson is old, Don Lewis Farracon is older. Did Gregory is no longer here, So you know, we don't highlight you are the Wesley Muhammad, the newer Muhammad, and I feel like we're doing we're doing our culture of disservice, our community of deservice.
Speaker 3: I don't like to use the word culture because I'm not sure if we have one.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I think we we we devalue culture because we don't have enough values that we push.
Speaker 3: If you look around the room, right, it's a lot.
Speaker 21: Of great entertainers, right, there's a lot of money, billions and billions of dollars.
Speaker 1: The activist I mean, not the activists, but uh, you got doctor Claude and up there Gregory.
Speaker 3: I ain't even see them. Picture Little smart got got him in there, do you feel me?
Speaker 21: But you know, the whole entire point of it is is that I think we need to understand what the time we're living in right now. Without knowledge of the time, we would lose. And we're in an interesting cycle, right, We're at the end of an empire and right now they're gonna pull out all stops, a complete oligarchic control. Again, people should go study Doge right, I'm talking about ancient and Venetia that lasted for eleven hundred one one hundred years and it was an oligarchic society, the longest lasting one.
Speaker 3: They playing in your face.
Speaker 21: They know that people we don't read enough, they know that people not busy enough. They know that they can turn it into a meme, but then run the same play that they've ran through our history to control the people. Right, and so now it's saying that, Okay, we know what they're doing, but what are we doing? And so you know, my proposal is having these roundtable discussions in front of the culture, but first having one behind the scene about our agreements. So what I'm telling us is that we have to be a cosmic people. So what is to save yourself?
Speaker 3: To a man?
Speaker 1: Tell them when the dates aw when you can see you be a part of these round table discussions.
Speaker 21: You can go to nineteen keys dot com to sign up for the discussions. So we got the Gramarcy Theater. I believe it's already sold out, but we're I believe we're going to Atlanta next and all the dates will be on the website. The goal is to spread this one out. Tours are very expensive, and we wanted to figure out how do we create activations more so throughout the year, right, because the goal with each one is to have a conversation with the people, a high level conversation. I truly believe that that's what's missing in society. High level conversation. Then activation. Right, so we know how to utilize AI. We understand cryptocurrency all right, we understand blockchain systems right. We have the funding, the right people to access the resources. The goal is to bring them together in a room, have plans, and then execute on those plans. The other day, I build a DOW system by myself, just testing it out years ago. That was much harder to do. Every year these systems become much easier to use. We're just not practicing and using them updating ourselves. So save yourself is literally a message like, Bro, you're not drying to save yourself right, Start investing right.
Speaker 3: There ain't nothing wrong with you. Start working, getting your mind right. You think you stress?
Speaker 21: Man, Get out the world and go meditate, go into nature, you feel me like somebody don't want to give you a job. Bro, create your own, develop you a skill set over time, learn ai man.
Speaker 3: People need that. Start learning how to master prop on these systems. Right.
Speaker 21: Look at where there's a problem, build an app, you got influence, connect with somebody with some money.
Speaker 3: Combine these things together. Right.
Speaker 21: So the message of save yourself is the it's a reinvention of the measures of do for self. Right, that we don't need anybody to save us, and nobody's coming to save us, and nobody needs to come to save us. When I look at the West standard of the Asians who have the highest household income in America, they're the most educated. They invest their money in gold and things of that nature. Their culture is a savior culture. Gold is at all time high today. They say Indian women have the most gold.
Speaker 3: Right. So, no matter what's going.
Speaker 21: On in the world, inside their cultural standards, right, it is how to save yourself, no matter what. We don't have to tell everybody what to do. It's just a cultural practice. So the code is, how do we then just create that as a cultural practice where these meetings and all this radical stuff is not necessary. Because when wealth is We don't want financial literacy and wealth to be a revolutionary act, want it to be normal. We want to just have generational wealth. And the only type of wealth that matters is generational because it's not passed down and it's individualistic, right, It's just something that you got, But what did you do with it? Who did you pass along? Where's the power? The boomers about to pass all this wealth to millennials, not us. We look what happened out in California with the wildfires and Altadena, and that's very unfortunate because I believe we need to come together even more for that community that just lost all that generational wealth, all that real estate.
Speaker 3: That was passed down.
Speaker 21: You know, our Tavia Butler comes from there, the mother of futurism and afro futurism, and.
Speaker 3: She predicted that she predicted that it was going to be up and flame. You know.
Speaker 21: The Hope people had a prophecy that once we stop being in harmony with the land and we just focus on extraction and domination, then that's when Mother Earth turns on us, right, and we need to get back into harmony and flow, and we need a more resilient mind. So everywhere we go, we'll be teaching these things, We'll be having these conversations. It's gonna be experiential. It's not just me talking. I'm actually gonna talk to the crowd and the focus. We build on our own media network and platforms, right, and we want to platform more talented people. We want scientists on there, we want authors, we want people of vast knowledge and skill set, people of differing opinions. My goal is to make you think, because I believe as a thinking man, you're a free man.
Speaker 3: All right. With the nineteen keys where they can follow you nineteen Man.
Speaker 21: They can find me on nineteen Underscore Keys, or you can follow the YouTube channel nineteen Keys.
Speaker 3: I drop lectures there all the time. So make sure you tap in, make sure.
Speaker 1: You subscribe to the High Level Conversations podcast with nineteen Keys.
Speaker 2: Not right, it's nineteen keys. It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning owning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ n V, Jesse, Hilary and Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the message you use as well.
Speaker 22: Blessings, Robert Moore, Just don't do no lines, don't do talk the world why Worldwise mass.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 3: He's the coaching ship.
Speaker 15: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 6: Could get you to see this time to set it off, Hey, Lauren, what's going on with Kanye? Y'all seen some interesting tweets? So whatever, what's up with this man?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 18: Kanye is on Twitter currently active right.
Speaker 4: Now, still talking to himself exactly.
Speaker 18: So last night, in a string of tweets, Kanye wanted to let people know he feels like Diddy should be free. So he tweeted free Puffed. That was the first tweet, right, and then after he tweeted free puff, he just started going in. He said, all these celebrity in words and bees, is he the P word?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 18: Watch her brother rite and never say nothing? All the woke stuff, y'all in words, addicted to complain and do something. We watched him try to cancel. Chris Brain, it ain't nobody do nothing. I was the P word then too, Chris Brown, it's you until the walls fall off. Slavery is a choice, hey, yo.
Speaker 4: Chris Brown and Diddy are two different niggas yeo.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 6: What because they are They're very much ontods of the spectrum.
Speaker 18: We got more tweet stick it too, all right, So then he comes back because people are like, now people are picking up the free puff. So he Kanye is like, will any inn word that come in my face and asks me about that puff tweet? I'm stealing off on them immediately. I don't give an f about you eight feet tall. I'm a jump and still off on you no more in words telling me what the color had to wear. If you ask me on the phone, I'm hanging up immediately and never speaking to you again. If you DM me, I'm blocking you. If you in words is controlled and broke all you Kamala d riding F words with maggots. Yes, yep, y'all got everything to say about my opinions when you're just doing what the N words make you do for money. You F words don't don't mean gay either. It means the F word like it always meant you. I can't say that fin r word, Okay.
Speaker 6: He sees you careful, they shouldn't let me read it.
Speaker 18: And then so in the string of all these tweets, right he facetimes Christian or somehow they end up on face. I don't know who called who Christian Diddy son and you know Christian's like yeah, like you know, free my dad. Then Kanye releases a Sean John collab on his Yeezy dot com website.
Speaker 4: Here's one of the T shirts.
Speaker 18: It's just simple T shirts that say Sean John on him that he says that him and Puff were talking about before Puff got locked up. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna release him now, free Puff. They listed on his website for twenty bucks, and then he just keeps going yo like. He then starts to talk about the Jews. He says he's a Nazi.
Speaker 2: He says, yeah, he said he's a Nazi.
Speaker 18: Yes, he said I'm a Nazi literally in a tweet. He also said I thought this was a good one. He said, there are there theirs and theirs. That's some can I say?
Speaker 4: Or the h is that us? Sl okay?
Speaker 18: I didn't known. That's some honky s word. I don't got time to be figuring out none of that. When I tweet, there's nothing whiter than English itself. The N word to speak perfect English be broke. Schools and religions are made to control a limit. Critical entrepreneur thinking you F word educated our words.
Speaker 4: It's a lot. What else he said?
Speaker 18: He said some of his best friends are Jewish and he still don't trust any of them. He said he does have dominion over his wife. This ain't no woke feminist s word. She's with a billionaire. Why was she listen to any of you dumb a broke bees? People say the red carpet look was her decision. Yes, I don't make her do nothing she doesn't want to do, but definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without my approval, You stupid a woke ponds. He says, she's a billionaire. Why wouldn't she listen? He said he's buying two madback some He's gonna make the Jewish person that sells then made back to him. Read all his tweets.
Speaker 1: You know, if he wants to ride for Diddy, you know, nothing wrong with that. That's on him. But we do realize Kanye has been acting out all week because he's envious to Kendrick's moment, right?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: I mean, and then didn't some just come out him and his wife autistic right?
Speaker 4: Artistic?
Speaker 12: Right? No?
Speaker 3: Just him?
Speaker 1: That's just attention seeking. He's doing that because he's an intervieous to Kendrick's moment. He wishes this was him, because Kendrick is having a moment for being a prolific artist who took out his number one op Drake, Right, That's what Kanye wishes.
Speaker 3: That was him in this moment.
Speaker 1: So he's been doing all these antics for attention all week because he's trying to get people to do exactly what they are doing now, and that's talking about him.
Speaker 3: But Kanye, that is a side.
Speaker 1: Show compared to what Kendrick did on Sunday at the Grammys and what Kendrick is gonna do this Sunday at the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: And then what you did at the Grammys. You bought a raw chicken wing on the red color and then she's she.
Speaker 4: Came in with a first and she took it off. Cheap.
Speaker 6: This is the cheapest relationship. I ain't never got to spend no money on the clothes.
Speaker 1: Ain't. And you're using the right word just cheap. You know, all these antics are cheap. Meanwhile, you got people on that stage being rewarded for their art the way that you used to. Kanye and Kendrick Lamar got rewarded five times for a disc record to your number one op.
Speaker 3: You wish that with you five plus five.
Speaker 5: But you know the crazy thing about all that you just said everything that he said. We just talked about Kanye for about two three minutes and nobody ever said that he released the record last night.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I didn't even he released the record last night, getting rewarded and praised all week for being a prolific artist who took out Kanye's number d op. Kanye wishes that was him. All these antics are cheap to try to get attention, to try to step on Kendrick's moment for the week.
Speaker 3: We don't care ya Kanye, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And it's just that make no sense. He tweeted.
Speaker 18: He turned down three photos this week with make a wish kid in a wheelchair, Like, what does it have to do with anything? Then he said he got in the shower, thought, I don't understand.
Speaker 6: He said, And he's proud of the fact that a kid would make a wish that means the kid is gonna die soon. And his wish was to take a picture with Yay and you turned it down, and you're proud of that.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 6: He either a clown dang, shoot man, Well what else we got going on?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 4: We'll have time for okay, real quick.
Speaker 1: And I don't like people who do corny stuff but then try to make it seem like just because they're getting money.
Speaker 3: It's not corny. I don't care that you're a billionaire, billionaires, I don't care that your wife. There's plenty of corny.
Speaker 18: I spent one point five MS on my super Bowl commercials and I tweeted all this, let's say if Fox won't get that money back, he tweeted that.
Speaker 3: We don't care. It's still corny.
Speaker 1: And guess what culture will range supreme when Kendrick Lamar takes that Super Bowl stage on Sunday, and that was what everybody is gonna be talking about, going and get button neck and show you tadies.
Speaker 3: Kanye still don't care. Yeah, dang, that's the only thing he left to do.
Speaker 18: Now he got He said he cut the grass sometimes too on Twitter, so maybe he playing the show something nose. Oh that's why that's Oh god, Oh my god, I want to mention. They did the NFL Honors and Snoop took shots at Bill Belichick and his new little young thing. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 23: I've been a football fan for a long long time. I mean, I remember back when the Cowboys was good. I remember back when the Chiefs was bad, and I remember what was it.
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick's girlfriend wasn't even born yet? How was she like twenty four years old?
Speaker 18: His cheerleader girlfriend is twenty.
Speaker 2: Four and Bill Belichick's was seventy two.
Speaker 4: Seventy two.
Speaker 18: Jesus, they've been on his body since they poppased all last summer together.
Speaker 4: She a white, twenty four, so she technically like.
Speaker 18: Shitty, not no, not gonna hold you dress her face do give like fifty two? Yeah, fidy, get twenty four face, give fifty two.
Speaker 5: But I don't know what the mass sialis, viagra and gas station pills and the honey packs all.
Speaker 4: That trying to take him out of here.
Speaker 5: Thank you Jess with the mess, Thank you, Yes, thank you Lord. When we come back, Charlamagne, who is giving that donkey?
Speaker 3: Two man?
Speaker 1: There's a state trooper. I don't know if she is a state trooper. Still, she don't need to be. Her name is Jennifer al Boujia. She should come, She needs to come to the front of congregation. We'd like to have a word with her.
Speaker 5: Please, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning Wake you're like to enter The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet, Charlamagne to God here and I want you to know that. Our Audible pick of the day is Atlas of the Heart, tapp into Brene Brown's incredible insight on understanding emotions and making meaningful connections. Listen when you sign them for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club charge some donkey to days, just so himself.
Speaker 23: Charlotte man Ready, I never heard them donkey again, charlam.
Speaker 9: Man, I'm a duncan.
Speaker 2: Charlotte Mane saying is truth?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, don't you Today for Friday, February seventh, goes to a New Jersey State trooper named Jennifer Albuja. Jennifer, I am disappointed in you, but you represent what the world is now, and that's a bunch of people with zero empathy for their fellow man or woman. Okay, we don't give a damn about what other humans are going through. And that's how I know Jesus has no desires to return to this God forsaken place. Okay, why would you want to come back to a place your father has abandon And by the way, God ain't lost we are, Okay.
Speaker 3: God don't need to find us. We need to find God.
Speaker 1: And Jennifer, you absolutely need Jesus and you need his father. Throw some holy ghosts on that thing too, because this story I heard for the first time, the day was insane. See because of Jennifer al Bouja and Essex County jury is handed down an eleven point five million dollar verdict and I don't think that's enough money.
Speaker 3: Okay, Why I did you know they have.
Speaker 1: To hand this money down Because back in twenty seventeen, Jennifer pulled over a woman named Cheryl Ranes of Jersey City, New Jersey. Drop on the clues bombs for Cheryl Rymes. I'm telling you right now this story is gonna pish you off.
Speaker 3: Okay. This is why.
Speaker 1: Back in eighty eight, Nwa wrote songs like f the Police.
Speaker 3: Okay. When you hear Kendrick Lamar this Sunday when he's.
Speaker 1: Performing all right, say all my life I had to fight, and you hear him saying we hate the po Poe. It's because of stories like this. Now, I know all police officers aren't bad, Okay. I got love for law enforcement when they do their job correctly, and I know their job is difficult, But cops like Jennifer Albuja give cops a bad name. And I would hope that police officers around the country, but especially cops in the beautiful state of New Jersey, would denounce this disgusting display of behavior from Jennifer al Buja.
Speaker 3: See, Cheryl Rymes.
Speaker 1: Was minding her business driving to work when she began to feel sick, so she pulled over on the shoulder of a highway in Newark in The state trooper by the name of Jennifer Albujia responded and Cheryl RNs didn't reach respond to her commands.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cheryl Rhymes.
Speaker 1: Couldn't communicate coherently, Okay, she couldn't stand upright. So Jennifer Boujia to state trooper, thought she was intoxicated.
Speaker 3: Now, Cheryl had no signs of intoxication.
Speaker 1: Jennifer found those signs of intoxication, okay, no smell or sign of substance abuse.
Speaker 3: And Cheryl Rnes her face was drooping.
Speaker 1: Do you know why? Because Cheryl was having a double damn stroke. Okay, Lord, have mercy, Jesus, Christ, Jesus, I understand why you're not spending the block on Earth.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: This woman, Cheryl Rhymes was having a stroke and Jennifer al Bouja thought she was effed up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she was effed up off, just not off no drugs alcohol. Okay.
Speaker 1: This woman Cheryl Rhymes was dressed in business attire at eight am on a weekday and had no prior offenses. Okay, don't let Donald Trump find out about this one.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If Donald Trump finds out about this woman, Jennifer Boujia, I may.
Speaker 3: Even agree with him that this is the EI higher behavior.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the competence people believe DEI hires display. I don't know this woman's race, and I don't care, but I do want to know her age because one of my favorite o g's who was up here this week, the legendary T. K.
Speaker 3: Kirkle and dropping the clues box of TK.
Speaker 1: He put us up on a game a long time ago as to why you can't date no young girls. I don't know if Jennifer's young or not, but it sounds very young, you know, why it sounds young.
Speaker 3: And you know why TK don't want to.
Speaker 1: Date no young girls, because you need a woman who can recognize the signs of a stroke.
Speaker 3: Let's listen. That's a listen. I gotta starting with no sign of a stroke. See, people don't think about that.
Speaker 24: I got the start and with no sign of a stroke. These young can't save your mother that I'm in my sixties. I gotta stop thinking I'm a young kid. Could you imagine with a young tim over our house, we even mother and my face drooping, my eyes go back the old look at my.
Speaker 2: You're making faces.
Speaker 13: I've never I've never seen this one. I've never seen this one. Webout to go viral. He we have got a few. Keep slabbing, keep sobbing. TikTok, TikTok, TikTok.
Speaker 2: Put the phone down.
Speaker 3: TK is absolutely right.
Speaker 1: You need a woman who is old enough to recognize the signs of a stroke. Jennifer, I have no idea how old you are, but how dare you?
Speaker 3: Do? You know?
Speaker 1: She failed to get Cheryl Ryan's treatment at a hospital, and the hospital was five minutes away, and instead of getting her to a hospital, she searched her car. Then handcuffed her and took her to the police station. She delayed treatment by two and a half hours. A sergeant at the station finally called the EMTs, but the State troopers still left Cheryl Ryan shackled on the floor, even after they determined she was in medical distress by the whole department.
Speaker 3: Okay, where is dog when you need them? Okay?
Speaker 1: Government efficiency can't just be about money, all right, and be about DEI highst It should be about blatant incompetence.
Speaker 3: And this is blatant incompetence. Okay.
Speaker 1: When officers say they are protecting and serving, what does that mean exactly? Because this is the exact opposite of that. Now, Dennis M. Donnelly, I don't know who that is, but I love what he told the New Jersey Monitor. He said, and I quote, I attribute the botched police response the State troopers us versus them military mentality.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 1: They approach their jobs as warriors instead of guardians. They see everybody in the public is a danger. They treated this woman like she was a criminal when she was helpless.
Speaker 3: End quote. I agree with Dennis.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you see everybody in the public is a danger, then you won't be able to recognize when someone in the public is actually in danger.
Speaker 3: This poor woman.
Speaker 1: Spent nearly two weeks in the hospital in another muff and rehab, but she's permanently disabled. She's unable to speak on understand what people say to her. She has a language disorder caused by stroke related brain damage, all because she didn't get the help she needed and a timely manner because of the ignorance of Jennifer Albuja. Okay, this woman deserved more than eleven million dollars. At first, the jury awarded her nineteen point one million to cover her future medical care, emotional disgress, pain and suffering, and loss of income. But they reduced it because they blamed sixty percent of Ryan's disabilities on the delayed treatment and forty percent on the stroke itself, which they say the state trooper didn't cause. That's true, but I would argue that the inhumane treatment caused by the state trooper, the fact that she delayed her getting the help she needed, caused more stress and made the situation even more worse, and Cheryl might not be as bad off as she is now if that state trooper would have responded differently and got her help and a timely manner. Look, man, the highest form of knowledge is empathy. And this is why so many of us are ignorant to life nowadays, because we don't have any needless to say, Jennifer Albuja, you have none. Please give Jennifer Albuja the biggest he hull disgusting, disgusting, disgusting.
Speaker 3: Ghetto.
Speaker 1: Oh and she had been a trooper for only two years when she arrested Ryan's and she was counseled by her supervisors about the incident.
Speaker 3: No, she shouldn't be on. She don't deserve to be a state trooper. No more, not at all.
Speaker 5: All right, well, thank you for that donkey of the day. Now when we come back, Nicole Avon will be joining us.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I love Nicole Avon. She has a book out. She came up here last year to promote it. It's called Think You'll Be Happy. But she has the paperback that's out now with a new forward from her husband, Ted Sarranda.
Speaker 3: So she'll be here to talk all about that.
Speaker 2: That's right, And we'll kick with them next. So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club Go Born, the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club impacted by him Bill Wizars, Hank Aaron, Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, Andrew Young, and countless executives whom he created opportunities for and shepherded, and his remarkable life and career. He was a man who demanded fantas and justice in the world that was often short on both. He loved music and history and made both, spending time together in the last years of his life. Field avoid for me that the loss of my own father had created.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 3: I hadn't been in time when my father departed, but I.
Speaker 10: Was in the room and Clarence, I mean, yeah, wow, I know I'm already getting like, well, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got issues. I'm good.
Speaker 10: I miss him a lot, but I'm really I feel very blessed to have had a soul like that. I mean, Clarence to me, was one of the most powerful souls I've ever met.
Speaker 4: I've never met anybody like that. I really haven't. And to know.
Speaker 10: That, I to just feel every single day I feel his presence and just the knowing of this soul raised me. And this soul gave me a toolbox. And he that's the best gift he gave me, which was here's toolbox. All this going to happen in life. Grab this tool for this, Grab this tool for this. The resentment comes, drop it, this comes.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: He was able to.
Speaker 4: He was just such a master of how life works.
Speaker 10: And he was so big on you know, his big saying was, you come with the number and you end with the number, and in between that is your dash.
Speaker 4: What the f are you going to do with your dash?
Speaker 10: It's yours and your choices and your decisions are going to determine your life period.
Speaker 4: Because he said, you've already seen it.
Speaker 10: It's like Tyler Perry just post I can't reposting you because I thought it was so good.
Speaker 4: We have the blueprint.
Speaker 3: We have the blueprint.
Speaker 10: We have seen everybody, especially in the Black race, who has shown us what they did, how they had to go through it, how they overcame things, how they thought about things, how they strategize.
Speaker 4: You have a blueprint, but we have to use the blueprint not just be you know, fueled by it.
Speaker 10: And I and I just the times that I you know, my dad always reminded me, you know again, everybody is going to leave this earth, nicole, everybody.
Speaker 4: That's the one thing we all have in common. Nobody gets to pass.
Speaker 10: So do as much as you can with your life and experience as many things and as many people as possible, and try to do good and make it differ wherever you are and whatever you do in life, because everybody is important.
Speaker 18: So when you talk about your father passing, there's a there's a sense of peace, and you know, you guys got to spend the time. Your mom's situation was a lot different, And in this book you talk a lot about that night when everything happened with your mom. When did you get to a point even where you weren't angry about what happened with your mom?
Speaker 10: I would say there was probably it's probably about six months in fairness there.
Speaker 4: I remember the fourth I remember it was April.
Speaker 10: It was right before Easter, and I had one huge outburst again with one of my father's best friends, Al Haiman.
Speaker 4: I called him and I was fear it.
Speaker 10: I was still screaming, crying, trying to figure things out, and everybody was great, law enforcement was great. Everybody was we're gonna help you, We've got this. But every day I kept forgiving, forgiving, forgiving for myself, not for the person didn't condone the behavior, don't condone violence.
Speaker 4: I don't condone any of that.
Speaker 10: But I knew I hate what happened so much that I knew if I got stuck in that hate or stayed in that hate, then I was not gonna be able to finish Think you'll be happy.
Speaker 4: I was not gonna be able to make the six triple A.
Speaker 10: I wasn't even gonna be able to be a good human being because I was going to be a bitter human being. That's what I thought. The demon of the bitterness was gonna kill me. I felt like it was strangling me.
Speaker 4: And I was like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 10: So I just went through the grief, and the grief you kind of have to carry it with you. He doesn't go anywhere, so you carry it with you, and then you learn how to manage it, and it does get lighter and lighter.
Speaker 4: But it gets lighter because I chose to let go.
Speaker 10: Every day I had to ask God for grace, ask God for wisdom and guidance, and then say, I cast these burdens.
Speaker 4: I'm going to cast the burden of anger.
Speaker 10: I cast the burden of resentment and bitterness just so I can move forward, not to condone the behavior, but just so I want to move forward in my life.
Speaker 4: I want to live my life, all right.
Speaker 5: We got more with Nicole Avon when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good Morning, everybody is dj En v Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club. La La Ross is hanging with us as well. We're still kicking it with Nicole Avon. Of course, Clarence Avon's daughter and her book Moving Through Grief with Grit, Grace and Gratitude is out now.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask about the movie.
Speaker 5: I know we talked about it and breezed over it a little bit, but let's get into the movie a little bit as well, because that's all on streaming on Netflix, the six Triple eight. So break down the movie and I mean people are seeing it on Netflix.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it well.
Speaker 10: I think it's been number two on Netflix globally, which is huge for this type of filming. All black casts, female World War two movie. It was great, Thank you. I learned a lot and that's why I wanted to tell the story. So the story came to me. It was my fellow producer Carrie Seelig, She's She sent me a sizzle reel and she said, listen, I know that you've probably heard of the six Triple Eight, but you know, I don't know if you know the whole story, which I didn't. I knew I heard of Major Charity Adams.
Speaker 4: I did not know about the Battalion. I just didn't. And I went to my mom.
Speaker 10: I said, how can you mean time you told me about Charity Adams And she said, I told you about them, you're not remembering. But you must tell this story, Nicole. This is such an important part of American history. It's a great part of World War two history that none of us really knew, and it's great for black women. And I wanted to celebrate these black women. And we had Missus King who passed away right.
Speaker 4: Before we put out the film.
Speaker 10: But Tyler, being Tyler, made sure he got the film to her and he watched with her and she was able to say thank you, Wow, and she was able to leave this earth knowing that the world was going to know their story.
Speaker 1: I was I think this movie is so important because, man, when you look at what this administration is doing, and you look at what you know people are doing all across the country in regards to just trying to erase our history.
Speaker 3: This might be the only way these stories get told.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: It's interesting you say that because I think art and film and TV, all of it. I think it's the best way to keep our history alive, or all history alive, any history alive. Is that's why there's so many movies. I would say about World War two and every other war is it's very important to tell the stories in a very creative way. And that's the one medium that usually brings more people together than not. And that's why these stories have to we have to continue to talk about all them.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that you know.
Speaker 10: I always knew the Tusky and that's why I was so pissed that I didn't know the six Triple eight. Yeah, and not taking anything away from the Tuskega Airman, but I'm like, well, wait a minute, these black women helped win the war too, in a different way. But if you have no male there's low morale. And if you have no morale, you're not a winner. You can't win, you can't fight, you're fighting, you're fighting for nothing. You need to know that you have your wife is home waiting for you, your husband, your father, your mother, your children.
Speaker 4: You need human connection. There is no email, no WiFi, no Facebook, no nothing. They have the US Postal Service.
Speaker 10: And that's what I think is so phenomenal of what these women were able to accomplish. And by the way, overseas again, not even going to different states in America, let alone at different different countries.
Speaker 18: Y'all did a good job of showing that parallel too, because the one girl in the movie who her actual significant other, he went away to the war and she hadn't heard from him, so she was like frustrated. It really showed like why because I was watching it with people who were like, they only do a male to your point, but then when you saw her storyline, it's like, that's why the male was important. I think that helped, like that overarching storyline helped you understand the importance of.
Speaker 4: Their jobs too.
Speaker 18: I thought that was a great Oh please, I don't know if you guys did that on purpose.
Speaker 4: We did, but thank you because it's because Tyler was like, we have to really show why.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it actually did happen, but it's to your again, everyone's like, oh, it's just the male. But it's really not just anything. It's communication, right, it's humanity. And but we didn't get that until that scene there you're talking about. Yeah, and it does make a huge difference. That people need to see the power of human connection and the power of your Why why is somebody doing something? Why is somebody being so committed to They were also trying to prove themselves. They were also trying to plant seeds. Again, for all of us to be sitting here doing what we're doing, you don't have to be in the armed forces. I think people we all have to remember everybody in our history and everybody before us, they knew that they weren't going to see.
Speaker 4: Their fruits of their labor. There wasn't you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: There were so many people who still fought for civil rights, knowing that they may not get their rights, but we were worth it. Then when we came along, we would have our rights. That is what I respect so much about people who were never going to receive any benefits and still said I'm doing this because it's the.
Speaker 4: Right thing to do.
Speaker 3: That's right, y'all were nominated for Best Original Songs. Yes, what does that mean?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 10: Oh, my gosh, Well, it's amazing because twofold again, because Clarence comes in here again, because my dad and Diane Warren have been friends forever.
Speaker 4: Wow, and the fact that.
Speaker 10: It is Diane who wrote the song and her singing the song, it's so great. But that's what I was able to say to my father when he was passing over. I said, Dad, you know, here's your journey.
Speaker 4: Go on your journey.
Speaker 10: You had such a great journey, I said, And of course, guess who wrote the song, Diane Warren, I said, your girl who likes to curse just as much as you. That's how they became friends, because he said, I've never met somebody who drops an f bom more than me, faster than me.
Speaker 4: But she's brilliant. She's a brilliant songwriter.
Speaker 10: And I was just so happy that this is the category that we got an Oscar nomination. And I was like, Okay, I'll take this because this song is everything, and the song really makes the moved. I don't know how you felt, but I thought the song, which is perfect, and I love the response around the world about the six triple eight of every response is I had no idea Number one. And then The second response is, and now I could feel that I could do anything. Or I've sat with my children and I've watched us with my children, and this has been great. I mean I was on Brett Baer Show on Fox and they were so supportive of the six Triple A and it was so great.
Speaker 4: That this story is just resonating.
Speaker 10: That's what I mean is every everybody wants to talk about this film because it's important and it's it's a great piece of history that everyone should know.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for joining us this morning. It on Netflix right now, it's streaming now.
Speaker 6: And the book I Think You'll Be Happy is out right now paperback right now.
Speaker 3: We'll afford by Ted. Saranda tell Ted we do want him up there, Yes.
Speaker 4: Ted will, Ted will love it.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 5: Okay, but we'll see you again when when the other book comes out. Yes, please, all right? Nicole avon The Breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Everybody is d J n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to pass the auks.
Speaker 17: Yeah, DJ comes what.
Speaker 18: Happy Friday?
Speaker 3: Happy Black History Month?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Happy?
Speaker 18: You know what I'm saying, don't start, don't start.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 13: Olimal?
Speaker 3: We got today?
Speaker 18: Man, man, I'm feeling great.
Speaker 25: And speaking of Black History Month, y'all know, I'm obsessing over this girl.
Speaker 18: Her name's Kennedy Ryan.
Speaker 25: She's a black girl from Atlanta, and she makes this spicy R and B. She had a song called baby Mama that I really like. But I'm gonna play this record called B A N which stands for bum ass.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: I love that record. That's hard. I just hope it's spicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just hope it's a record that don't like discourage black women from dating black men though, you know what I'm saying, because a lot of times black women are hear a record like that and then run out of one to date others, which is cool.
Speaker 3: But you know, I believe in black love.
Speaker 18: I believe in black love as well.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but I do you know this bum ass because I remember you said that.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump.
Speaker 18: That's what I'm saying that it has nothing to do with colors. Just if you're a buss.
Speaker 4: Word N word, mom, we get unlimited, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 25: History all right, Well, since it's Black History Month, I want to keep it.
Speaker 18: I guess afrocentric. I'm gonna play some afrobeats.
Speaker 25: Remember, just dropped the record called Baby and it's sample and the one.
Speaker 4: The one, the nice fat l roller blunt.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's nice. That's the good vibe.
Speaker 3: From Nigeria, right, Yeah, is from Nigeria.
Speaker 1: She's bi racial. She's bi racial. She wasnrandfather and the English mother.
Speaker 4: Real name Helen.
Speaker 1: No, it's not it is Helen Helen. It's something Africa Helen. No like pol something like that.
Speaker 4: I do, but that's where they came from. It's a part of her last name.
Speaker 25: Okay, Okay, Now I thought you were just being you. Okay, So I d K and Denzel Curry dropped the track, y'all know I love rappers who rap, so.
Speaker 18: It's called this song is called s U Okay like cool.
Speaker 3: I like the first definitely the first two better. No disrespect that first when you played who was at.
Speaker 18: Kennedy Ryan Hard?
Speaker 4: Yeah like that.
Speaker 25: I'm a wrap at heart, so I'm just biased whenever you over your quote, right right, Okay. My last record for the day is of course Cardi b partisan Fontein with it up.
Speaker 4: See what I can hear?
Speaker 6: New Orleans going with that is like some big free to stuff like I can I can see that being rotation for New Orleans. But it's just a little outside the box of what Cardi and Party I think we're produced us.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it sounds like exactly what they produce.
Speaker 6: The lyrics, yeah, but it just it sounds different. Don't sound like a Cardi park.
Speaker 18: I still play backing it up.
Speaker 1: That was a good sound, like something different than they would do, like just toot that thing up, back that thing up.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing.
Speaker 1: I Actually I love Party, right, I've been a fan of Party for a long time. I want more deeper Party because Party, like if you go go listen to his first project not supposed to be here, and listen to songs like Mercy, Like I want records like that.
Speaker 3: He don't give me enough of that to constantly give me the record.
Speaker 25: I agree with you, because shake it to the East, shake it to the West.
Speaker 4: Take it to the East.
Speaker 5: Party is a person that's outside too, and when you wrap, that's outside you, and you know as a DJ, they want to hear that music in the clubs.
Speaker 3: But you got records that could play in the club before that got a little more.
Speaker 25: You can play in the club and the whole versus empowered woman like I don't know knowledge, but all right.
Speaker 18: The like that's like a cheerleader quote.
Speaker 1: I just didn't it is cool, but I'm just saying, like, I want to hear more. I guess I want to hear more more intelligent street records from party before he gives me that.
Speaker 3: God damn, just over there dying, you know.
Speaker 4: Something good on the wrong bike.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing at shake.
Speaker 3: I want to hear stuff like hoop. Are you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I want to hear stuff like intelligent and word from party.
Speaker 3: I rock the party. I've been listening to the party for a long time, way before you blew up.
Speaker 1: I need more of that, Okay, to be able to digest more of this, I agree?
Speaker 25: All right, retweet if you guys like it, make sure you guys listen to it on my playlist.
Speaker 18: It's certified playlist.
Speaker 25: You can get to it by following me on Instagram at nilismone N y LA S y M O N E E E. Make sure while you're there you follow my podcast page, We Need to Talk. We drop a new episode every week and yeah, just tap in. Oh, oh, and then also a battle Beats going down February twenty first, So if you're a producer and you want to compete, we got DJ Diamond Cuts as a guest judge, and then we also have Daffy Aura as a guest judge. So if you guys are interested, please submit your beats. You can go to certified vibe dot com to missions are open.
Speaker 5: All right, well, let's get to the people's choice. Makes you know we throw it back on a Friday. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: If you're like into the Breakfast Club, it's all to God here and I want you to let Audible expand your life by listening, tap into your well being with audiobooks, podcasts and originals on betterhealth, relationships, finance, and more, and reach.
Speaker 3: The goals you set for yourself.
Speaker 1: Sign up today for a free thirty day trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 2: Owning Everybody.
Speaker 5: It's ej NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Is Black History Month.
Speaker 3: What we're doing, Man Salutor myguidb dot.
Speaker 1: You know every day during Black History Month, my guy beat Dot puts you out a podcast on the blackfact iHeartRadio podcast network called I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either. What he tells you about some Black History Month facts you may not have known. So today we're gonna go back one hundred and thirty two years ago where black college football was born in a snowstorm.
Speaker 3: Okay, where horse drawn.
Speaker 1: Carriages and custom made cliques paved the way for a game that would change history.
Speaker 3: Let's check it out.
Speaker 16: No, we know what the twenty twenty four HBCU champion is, but let's take it back one hundred and thirty three years ago, eighteen ninety two. It's freezing, snow is everywhere, and what do these brothers decide to do start black college football? Yep, in less than a football field of snow, because when life gives us blizzards.
Speaker 3: We make history.
Speaker 18: Baby.
Speaker 16: Now, I live in Charlotte and to get to Salisbury, it's about forty five minutes in the car. But back in eighteen ninety two, it was Mason Bethe and Cameron Horsing carriage five hours. Do you know how long five hours is in the cold. That's where you're told start questioning their life choices. And they wasn't rolling up in luxury carriages No, this ain't senderellum. It was more like, hold on tight, y'all, one of these wheels is wobbling.
Speaker 3: But here's where it gets good.
Speaker 16: Because the women at Livingstone College, they like to say, el see, let me tell you these ladies were are real MVPs. Cause they didn't just make their uniforms. They tailored them. I'm talking custom fits. I can see them now over there on campus of LC. No, Jerome, hold steal your chest is lopsided and cleats or they didn't buy no cleats. They customized them. Probably had some brother in the workshop like, hey, y'all, y'all want some spikes or some glitter on y'all's because you know, sometimes you gotta pop out and shows.
Speaker 2: So game they comes, and what do they play?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 16: Not a stadium, not even a field. A lawn, Yeah, somebody's front yard. I mean you out there dodging defenders and daffodil bushes. I don't even know if daffidil bushes are a thing. And let's talk about the final score. Biddle Institute five Livingstone College zero. Biddle Institute is now Johnson C. Smith University. They like to say, Jay's see as you But that was the final scre five to nothing. And I know what you're thinking, was that even a game? But it is somebody tripping the end zone. But it wasn't about the score. It was about the statement. These dudes weren't just playing football. They were saying, yeah, it's knowing, and yeah we got ten hours of carriage ride round trip, but we still gonna make history.
Speaker 2: And they did that.
Speaker 16: That game laid the foundation for everything we love about HBCU football today. The women supporting the team, whether it's getting the uniforms out cheering in the stands, the bands, the halftime shows, the energy. It all started with some brothers in the snow and some sisters with a kneeling thread. So next time you're watching the game sipping your hot coco, remember this December twenty seventh, eighteen ninety two, one hundred and thirty three years ago. These folks was out there and freezing. Well, the no gloves, just grit, and the women, oh, they were on the sidelines like.
Speaker 2: Y'all better win.
Speaker 16: I ain't stay up all night showing these uniforms for nothing.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you didn't either. I did know.
Speaker 2: Happy Black History Mom.
Speaker 1: I learned something new every single time. Be Dot does that, man, So.
Speaker 3: Make sure you subscribe to I didn't know. Maybe you didn't neither.
Speaker 1: On the blackfac iHeartRadio podcast Network, hoast o Bay my GYBDT salute right.
Speaker 5: When we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is dj NV.
Speaker 2: Justse Larry and Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: Na God, we are the Breakfast Club all right now, you guys enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 2: I was actually supposed to be in New Orleans, but bluffing no.
Speaker 5: My daughter's you know, I'm a Dare's dad and they have a competition on Super Bowl Sunday, which makes no sense to me.
Speaker 3: Oh I got that this weekend too. Well.
Speaker 1: My daughter does competitive cheerleading, so I'm in the I'm in the same boat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I don't know why, but I know I know this week I'm probably gonna be the only dad there.
Speaker 3: But it's all good.
Speaker 5: I enjoy seeing my daughters do their dance thing and compete, so hopefully they get a couple of first place prizes.
Speaker 2: But I'm just here for it me. I just love it all right, Stop me, get up out of here.
Speaker 3: What you doing this weekend.
Speaker 2: I know you're in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: I'm in New Orleans. Yeah, I got a couple events to pull up to.
Speaker 6: I got a couple of interviews to do, and then I might I still haven't even decided if I'm going to actually go to the game.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I might actually fly home just in time to watch the halftime. I feel like, Yo, that'd be better to watch on TV because then you actually get to see like the Angles is not it's not it's not like a big loud concert. I just feel like it'd be better to watch Kendrick on the TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know the concert there. I've seen drain And perform, and I've seen the Weekend perform. And when I was there, you missed so much because you're at and like you said, you missed the Angles, you missed this one, you missed that one, and the Weekend came out right next to where we were, and you just didn't feelly affect. And when I seen it after, I'm like, it was so much better to see it on TV than to be there in person to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, you can experience it live and then go watch it later. Yeah that's true too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, and you don't want to fly back Monday with everybody else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's what I'm saying. The super Bowl start at six, I'm flying back probably like four o'clock.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, Yeah, all right, we'll be safe out there now, charlamon, you.
Speaker 2: Got a positive?
Speaker 8: Nope?
Speaker 3: I do you know?
Speaker 1: We were talking about empathy earlier during Donkey of the Day. Man, I just want to tell folks that empathy is about standing in someone else's shoes, all right, feeling with his or her heart, seeing with his or her Not only is empathy hard to outsource and automate, but it makes the world a better place. So make sure you're making the world a better place by having a lot of empathy for people. Have a blessed weekend
Speaker 5: Breakfast, cud bitches, you yn'na finish or y'all done.