Speaker 1: Welcome back to Civic Cipher. I am your host, Rams's Jah and I appreciate that you are continuing to ride with us as we continue to broadcast the balance and defend the discourse. From the Hip Hop Weekly Studios. Big shout out to my manaq you Board, who is in the Middle East this week changing the world. But have no fear. We have two amazing guests in the studio with us as we continue to discuss the ongoing problems in Palestine. The gentleman to my left, my new friend his name is Resistance is beautiful and a long standing friend of the show, Suzanne oslo Is. They're both here with us to have this conversation, so be sure to stick around as we continue to have this conversation again from the Hip Hop Weekly Studios, where we will pick up where we left off talking about how it feels to be in the United States when the United States is actively simplified or sympathizing with pressor But first and foremost, we're going to discuss b A b A, Becoming a Better Ally BABA and Today's babla A sponsored by Friends of the Movement. You can sign up for the free voter wallet from Fotmglobal dot com to support black businesses and allied businesses as well as make an impact with your spending. Again, that's Fotmglobal dot Com. And for today's Baba, we are going to shout out everybody who is spreading the word on the goings on in Palestine, and we are going to ask you to do the same. I'm certainly doing my part. And that's not to say don't be critical, that's not to say be one side, to be biased anything like that. But if you see something and you feel in your heart that it's wrong, please speak up. That's that's what I'm trying to do today. I'd like for you both to you know, offer up your social media's as well, because you know there's perhaps ways people can support both.
Speaker 2: Of Sure, Suzanna to go first.
Speaker 1: Yes to Zann please first.
Speaker 3: So my name is suzanneya team and my Instagram handle where I hang out. Please don't try to find me anywhere else it's too hard. Is Sue's s u z y A T I M A s l A M.
Speaker 2: And then mine is Resistance is Beautiful. You can find me on Instagram, on TikTok and any platform. Probably I'm going to start making as many as I can to get the word out about the genocide and Palestine. So yeah, resistance is beautiful. Please follow me, send me a message, and let's hit the streets together.
Speaker 1: Sure. Sure, And you know we mentioned at the top of the show Sean King, he's another person. But if you are uninformed or under informed, there's a lot of connective tissue there for you to tap into to become more educated about what is happening on the ground in Gaza. And there are human beings that need allies. And if you wish to become a better ally, hopefully we will have given you enough.
Speaker 2: To take some action.
Speaker 1: So we appreciate that. So let's get back to this conversation we've been having now we left off again. It's important to say this because I realized that a lot of people can co opt a narrative or pull something from our conversation that isn't strictly speaking, what we're trying to say in this conversation. What we're doing is being critical of a government. On this show, we are critical of governments. That's what we do. Government, government entities, white supremacist institutions, you name it. That's what we do right, familiar. We want these institutions to be better and to work for all people and to be equitable, and so in this conversation we will be critical of the Israeli government that in no way is a reflection of the human beings that live in Israel and certainly not indicative of how we feel about Jewish people. We started this conversation yea, with love for our Jewish fri and sisters.
Speaker 2: We can be critical of the Chinese government without hating the Chinese or hating religion, religions practiced by the Chinese.
Speaker 1: Perfect, perfect, Thank you, sir. So you both live in the United States of America, How does that feel to have the government here sending This government's.
Speaker 2: Been hijacked completely by Zionism. And the reality is that the money that we make here in America should be spent in America. And the reality is that the Republicans and Democrats all come back after they've killed millions in Iraq and Afghanistan and say we're so sorry. Right today, Democrats and Republicans say that was wrong. We should have never killed those Iraqis in those Afghanis. One point five million Iraqis were murdered by the United States government, according to the British Medical Journal, one point five million. And yet they want to convince us of more and more wars. The money should be used that we make here in America. That's what the money should be used for, to improve our healthcare, our education, you name it. It should be used here. But how much does America give Israel.
Speaker 3: Point eight billion dollars a year?
Speaker 2: Three point eight billion?
Speaker 1: This came to the right show, Keep going, keep going.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's obvious. You just have to open your eyes. Sure, sure, I mean, this is our hard earned money. Speak to any American one on one and they'll probably tell you know what, you're right. I agree with you. I mean, this is not I don't believe in any way. This is extreme, an extreme belief. You know, this is Sit down with any American, talk to them like this and they'll tell you're probably right.
Speaker 3: So my view on it has been you don't know what you don't know. And there has been a very clear agenda by to your point, hijacked government who wants you, the citizen of America, to think a very specific thing, and they have their very specific goals. To our earlier conversation about a military base, in the Middle East. I want one. And so there's it goes so deep. But here's here's what we want. You've heard propaganda your whole life and asking you could you just wait and could you open your hearts just a little bit and could you actually listen to our stories. We have stories, we are connected to that land, and maybe before you form an opinion, could you just hear what we have to say. Yeah, And when I talk to Americans one on one, to your point, that's what I get. I get people who are going, oh okay, And so I have problems with the American government who doesn't. But when I talk to people one on one, they they are beautiful and they're open and they are willing to have that conversation. And that is all that we're asking.
Speaker 2: The American government in no way, shape or form represents the American people. It is completely hijacked. Yeah, it is completely and and you know, and the reality is three point eight billion dollars of our tax money going to Israel to murder children, to ethnically cleanse, to commit a genocide is unacceptable. And as an American who pays taxes, I'm offended completely.
Speaker 1: I would like to to add because you know, for a lot of people this even though this is happening right now and there is a significant number of access points into what's going on, the long standing narrative exists with really black people, really like kind of oppressed people in this land.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So what I want to say in solidarity, in the spirit of fellowship, is that for me, you know, I lived a big part of my life being.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: You know, I got to be cool. I got to meet the rappers and whatever what all that stuff, right, It was on the radio, right, And then I started doing this show and then been doing the show for three years, and then I had to do the way black history fact finding out about all these atrocities that were government sanctioned atrocities that happened against my people. And how you know, people think of black people as like, oh, you're poor, you know all this stuff, and it's like, man, you know, we didn't used to be poor, and then now we got poor. And then everybody we know who took it and they it was the law that they could take it, and all this stuff. And then people say, oh, well you you black people, you have a victim mentality and you need to you know, you you you have selective outrage. Why are you always mad at the police, And we're like, well, the police have all the money, and you know, poverty is what informs crime rates. And there's a critical process to fixing these things. So it's not selected outrages as much as it's one foot in front of the other. We have to start with this outrage. And and so I said that to say, I can only imagine what it feels like, yeah, to be in an active like like this type of war zone, because I had never seen my people be bombed on this land, of course, but from a from a from a spiritual perspective, I know exactly how it feels when a government turn their back on There's.
Speaker 2: A book called The Color of Money. Okay, yes, I've heard of this, and it talks about specifically how banks ensured that African Americans couldn't succeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In fact, real quick, last last I believe it was the last show or the show before we talked about a bank robbery. There was a slave bank that that popped up. It was run by white men and it was you know, it was a government institution. Abraham Lincoln signed it in the law. But they require they stole billions of people of money from these black Civil Civil War soldiers and ex slaves as they made money and they deposited, and it was just sto This is before redlining, This was during Jim Crow, This was doing all that. This is just And then of course we know about massacres, We know about you know, flooding black owned land and just to to to sweep the black people out. We know about all these things, and today's show is not about that. But I want you to know that if there is that feeling, that it is shared here and that this is a safe space for that, you know, for that to exist. Now I do want to talk about really I want to I want to talk about your resistance, your forms of act that are novel and creative, because we have a lot of people who are activist slash activist adjacent that listen to this show that appreciate sort of the creative ways that we deal with things. Yeah, and so your type of activism when you when you first got this letter and you said, you know, I was taught by you were talking to the black officers, and I was taught by your people how to resist. Yeah, and then to see you know what you did on Black Friday. You know, I want you to speak to that and let us know where your mind goes when the time comes to be active.
Speaker 2: So for us Palestinians, we have a statue of Nelson Mandela in the West Bank.
Speaker 1: That's special.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very special. I mean you talk about icon. You know, Malcolm X always would say, I'm going to take my values and my morals from my occupier.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that like it's through my veins, you know. So when the officer came, I just just telling him what I learned from my heroes, you know what I mean. And yeah, there it is Palestine, and I know that when I was speaking to that officer, I know that it rang true. And the officer told me history repeats itself. That's what you told me, you know. And but doesn't mean you stay complacent and what I tell him to. Thank you for this trespassing notice, thank you for the ticket, thank you for whatever. I have a court date coming up. Thank you so much. I'll be back onto the streets louder, more often and stronger. It won't stop me.
Speaker 1: That's That's where I want us to lean in. So you also mentioned something to me before you were protesting at a mall, a number of malls. Then, you know, the people asked you to leave the mall, leave the grounds or whatever, and you told me something. It was beautiful, you said, I take it as a sign from God that and I don't want to stay.
Speaker 2: You're pretty sure, I'll say it's sure. So as a Muslim, you know, we pray five times a day, worship stand. We pray, worship no matter what, even if a genocide is happening against our people. We don't stop our prayers as we worship a Lah no matter what. He is the King, he is the creator. And at the end of every prayer, I always say the same thing, yeah Allah, Oh God, use me as your tool to spread awareness about the genocide happening against Palestinians, whatever that may be. You want ten people to see me, great. You want me to show up on this podcast on the radio, fantastic, I'll take it. When the officers come to me, they say you can't stand here, I tell him, no problem. Where do you want me to stand? He says, stand at that street light, and you'll see in video after a video after video they move me from light to light to light, and I see that as God's hand at work, because every time I get moved, I get moved to a busier and busier and busier intersection.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I was at the first stop sign that you saw, and they moved me over to Scottsville Road in the entrance of Fashion Square. Then they move me overwhere to scott Still and Camelback, which is that's bigger, even bigger, and the same. When I wherever I go, I do the same thing. I see it as God moving me from place to place. Because that's it. I have completely committed myself to this. I said, yeah, oh God, use me as a tool whatever you want it. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I think that you know, there's there's a reason why you have so many people following you, so many people seeing your videos. But also I think that you know the people that are maybe just be getting acquainted with what it is you're doing right now. I think that what your activism does is it suggests that all forms of activism can be meaningful correct, and that if people really believe, Because what I get from you every time we talk is that there is a profile found belief that exists in you and indeed Palestinian people. And I've known this to be true long before October seventh about people from the Middle East, Yes, and people who are are Muslim and people who speak Arabic or Uru or any of these languages.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 1: Belief is not hope, It is like it's bona belief. Yes, I believe absolutely whatever. Thanks be to God when the good happens, and thanks be to God when the bad happens. You see, you know, absolutely happen everything you see. But yeah, to your point, and I do want to mention one more thing something that we believe in. Right, when occupation becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Yeah, occupation becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
Speaker 2: You have to resist. And there's many different ways of resisting. You can vote, you can civil disobedience, you can protest. You can call a senator like Mark Kelly who supports Israel killing Palestinians. Mark Kelly, the senator in Arizona. Yeah. Absolutely. He gets money from apac Apak is a lobbyist group here in America that works for the Israeli government and pays off all of our politicians. Aipac Apak pays off all of these politicians. Why do you think they keep saying what death and Gaza? What? Nothing's happening.
Speaker 3: Here's the one thing that Democrats agree on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see because they're paid well, like mar Kelly, he got paid between two hundred and fifty thousand to five hundred thousand by a pack. They give money to all of our politicians and they buy them out. So then when you look at them and you say that's weird, why are they like acting like nothing's happening because they got paid by a pack.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. Yeah, I saw something. This was kind of a while ago. Now, Yeah, there was a woman who she might have been a congresswoman. Uh and maybe she was even palist in.
Speaker 2: Rashida Trashida Klieb. Did they did they tell her that she couldn't Yes, you, well, she's getting in. Yeah, they're giving a lot of heat even in Congress silence censured her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like she was here.
Speaker 3: She tried to come here to a su which is I thought, that's why.
Speaker 2: That's why I was there. Okay, but then they didn't told her that she's not allowed to speak.
Speaker 3: As Yeah, so a student group invited her and then some people didn't like that. She's a Palsingian congresswoman. She's the only Palasini in congress woman. She said, from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Congress censured her for that, even though other congress people have said, we're going to turn Gaza into a parking lot. Let's put that aside for a minute. What I thought was really weird, and a friend and notified me today about it. So she wasn't allowed to speak at this student organization at Arizona State University. A few days later, guess who came to talk at Arizona State University.
Speaker 2: Joe R.
Speaker 3: Pyo, who was a convicted felon and Arizona is paying so much money because of what he did. But he came and he got to speak because he's I think running again for mayor and Fountain Hills. Why is he allowed to come and speak and we're not blocking him, We're.
Speaker 2: Not at a congresswoman, a congressman is not allowed to speak at Arizona State University. And so actually there's footage you can see footage on like on my social media where since since outside, you know, we're all outside, we're not allowed to go inside to hear Rashida's speech. They have her on a laptop right her voice, and the media is there right with their cameras and everyone's sitting by the laptop with microphones, and it's this iconic image, like it's something that will never leave my mind. Like that's when you know, whatever she's saying is the truth, and the Empire of Lie's truth is treason. Wait a minute, she's not allowed to go into that room speak on a podium. A congressman has to be on a laptop through zoom and all of the media and everyone has their microphones on the laptop and we're all standing in asu on property but outside of the building that's been locked listening to her. Wow, well that's interesting. I thought this is the land of the free. I thought, this is the land where we can express whatever we want to express however we want without persecution. So real, real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was censured, Yes, because.
Speaker 3: Of what she said, from the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free.
Speaker 1: So she said this phrase.
Speaker 3: She said that phrase so because because they think that that means that we are asking for the genocide of all Israelis.
Speaker 2: So while they're committing a genocide.
Speaker 3: People hear what they want to hear.
Speaker 1: Well, true, this is true.
Speaker 2: This is all part of it's part of the psychological propaganda. So eventually, what will happen, depending on how many years this goes on for eventually, what will happen is they'll tell you the word Palestine, the words free Palestine, are violent, are illegal. In the book nineteen eighty four written by Georgia orwell, what do they do? In the book, there's a dictionary and every year that people who work for the government they celebrate that they remove more and more words from the dictionary in that book. Yes, the word revolution has been removed from the dictionary. The word resistance has been removed from the dictionary. It's the same here. They do not want you to say the words free, free Palestine, or from the river to the sea. And eventually it's going to it's going to grow. It's like a cancer, right the occupier is a cancer. It'll grow. And then he'll tell you, wait a minute, don't say the word Palestine when you go as a Palasinian. If you go to visit Palestine right now, as a Palestine Palaesinian, they say where are you from? And I say Palestine? What did the Israeli soldiers tell me there is no such thing as Palestine. They want to take from you. Does a cancer stop when it spreads? Does it cancer stop? Does it ask the liver permission? Does a cancer ask the brain permission? It does not ask. It just spreads. And that's exactly what the Israeli government is. It's a cancer. It's a cancer to Jewish people. It's a cancer to Muslims, to Christians, to Atheists, to Mormons, to Catholics. And what they're trying to do with Rashida klab the only Palestinian congresswoman, is telling her the words you're choosing are genocidal. Yet they give four billion dollars a year. They've commit actual genocide where they're dropping bombs as we're having this conversation right now on Palestinians. Right now, as we're having this conversation, the US bombs are dropping on Palestinians right this minute.
Speaker 1: You know what here, I'm going to say this. We're never going to have enough time on this show. I have an hour on this show, but I do want to take a moment and say the more I see this, yeah, the more I feel like the nation state of Israel is really causing a lot more harm in the world than healing at pressolutely. You know, once upon a time people were up in arms about, you know, Hamas having killed a bunch of babies, and then it recently came out that actually that wasn't true, it was not. The most they could find was too and they couldn't even for one hundred percent say that it was Hamas absolutely killed those babies.
Speaker 2: And yet.
Speaker 1: We've seen from video footage actual human babies, yes.
Speaker 2: Pulled out of ten thousand Palaesinian children murdered by Israel as of today, in the last sixty days, sixty thousand.
Speaker 1: I've seen with these eyes, right, And so what I would like to ask for you to do is refer to our conversation that we had on the Black Information Network. You can if you have the iHeart radio app or if you any podcasts, the Black Information Network, any podcasting platform. We have had a much larger conversation about this, and there's still conversations to be had. Please educate yourself because we there's just not enough time.
Speaker 2: There's alan enough title here, enough time for them too, for the Palasin right now, there's not enough time. We need to stop funding to Israel immediately. Well, what I'd like to do is, let's one more time plug your social media so you first, Resistance is beautiful. You can find me on Instagram and TikTok hit me up. Let's hit the streets together. Resistance is beautiful.
Speaker 3: And then Suzanne, I'm on Instagram and a little bit on TikTok at sus ye team Yat I m aslam a s l A M.
Speaker 1: And Sue's is s u Z. Of course follow us at Civic Cipher on all platforms, and I wish I could go back and redo our becoming better. Ally, listen to the conversation that we had on the Black Information Network Daily podcast. It's not that old. You'll be able to find it and it will bring you up to speed. You know, we've talked to a lot of Jewish folks who we know and love, and I think that this perspective is more than needed. So thank you both for thank you, thank you so much for having us honors. And until next week, y'all peace,