Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: This podcast contains spoilers for season four episode eight of Succession on HBO, season two episode seven of Yellowjackets on Showtime. Hello, my name is Jason Sepsion and I'm Rosey Night and welcome to x Revision, the Crooked media podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture.
Speaker 3: In this week's very intense episode, it's market Moves and then moving all over the place, up, down, all around. Terrible, terrible times. In Succession season four episode eight. Trigger warning, it's too much like the real world. It's too much in the airlock. It's getting intense in the forest. In Yellowjackets season two episodes, you thought last week's episode had a bomber ending, wait till you see this week's episode. And in Nodout, we've got a Yellow Jackets theory from listener Nick.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Market Moves. I wanna be the CEO.
Speaker 4: I wanna do it all alone.
Speaker 2: Rigging votes is my real test beating move.
Speaker 3: This is my cause.
Speaker 2: I will elect a president to live in the House so white.
Speaker 1: In turn, he'll regulate kill the deal.
Speaker 4: From inside Market Moves, that's right, it's Market Mooves, folks. The number one source for economic prosperity.
Speaker 2: Let's grow that bank account, folks. We're talking about episode eight, America Decides of the Succession television program written by Jesse Armstrong himself, and it is it's a tense one. I think I speak for you, Rosie. Everybody on our staff and every listener of the market moves Financial success audio program. When I say I hope our next presidential election is just like that, I hope it happens exactly that way.
Speaker 3: This is the American dream. If you're in line, folks, stay in line. Bere's we're changed in the paradigm. It's election day, Tom, just.
Speaker 2: Like the future of American democracy is a little bit on edge. He's under tremendous pressure to deliver massive ratings and explosion of ratings lest he loses job. You know, this is the first post Logan election night at ATM and it's.
Speaker 1: Got to be big.
Speaker 2: Ken knows the stakes. It's the post As we mentioned, you know, his dad is gone. He is now the co CEO along with Rome, and so they've got to really make it happen. So he really puts the spurs to Tom, telling him like it's gotta be huge, it's got to be big. Tom in turn, is toxic and abusive as we like to his staff.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 2: We love to see efficiency, we love to see fear. We love to see lots of people fired and the remaining employees to live in a state of constant anxiety.
Speaker 3: That's capitalism, folks, that's.
Speaker 1: What we love.
Speaker 2: And so Tom, you know, really rides them and he tells them like, let's put the most mentally unwell people on the air, because that's what gets the ratings, and that's what are that's what our audience loves. Much more experienced in terms of elections. Staff says, you know, we're it says to Tom, hey, your foot where you're gonna be on your feet all night, you gotta have comfortable shoes.
Speaker 1: Those shoes aren't gona be comfort.
Speaker 2: And then Tom is also worried that he's gonna have to piss his pants, you know, like an astronaut, which leads us to our first prompt, Rosie, when you have to get comfortable total maximum comfort level, because you've got to settle in for like a long drive, or you got to be on your feet for a long period of time. Because there's a mega mega mega important election that's going and you are running the coverage, maybe you won't get to get to a bathroom because if you go to the bathroom, some malfunction will happen. Nobody will be there to fix it. What is your go to comfort outfit?
Speaker 3: Whoo? If I'm running as I am, you know, multi headed corporations, I'll just wear wherever I want. I'll wear some Vori sweatpants. Yes, I did like. I will take a note. I liked the when they showed different people who worked at ATM's Feet. All of them were wearing comfortable slippers. I will join them. I will wear shoes, some big, cushy, expensive ug boot. I will be extremely comfortable. And then, you know what, just to add little chaos, just in case I gotta go on a zoom call, gotta fire a few hundred people over the internet, I'll just wear like a buttoned down shirt and tie. It's pure chaos, but I think it it does double duty.
Speaker 1: I for no.
Speaker 2: Reason at all, I'm going to echo your take and say that I would wear the Viory Sunday joggers on my pants and also on my I'd wear one on each arm, one pair on each other.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't wear like a single pair on my upper body because then it would constrict my movement. But I'd have one pair on each arm, the pair the normal way on my legs, and I have another pair on my head, and then I would just kind of wrap maybe five or six of them around my torso to kind of keep that covered, because I believe in modesty and I don't want I don't want to show too much skin, but I want to be extremely comfortable, and I find that the Viori fabrics, again just this is completely my unbiased opinion, are the most comfortable of fabrics, perhaps ever created by human hands. I think you'd have to go to like some kind of fantasy world where elves create magical garments to find a garment that is that most comfortable as that it's really true.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I think you could intimidate people with the amount of extra legs that you had kind of flailing around your body. You could stuff them if you wanted to make it look like you had multiple arms, some kind of goro intimidation technique, or you could choose them to hide important documents as you go around doing the inevitable shady things that you would need to do.
Speaker 2: This is all all stuff that I may or may not do. I don't want to lock myself down say anything that could be used against me later. But I think that's right. I think that's right. And you always want to keep people guessing as to where your limbs are. Greg uh has apparently been hanging out with Mattson, with Madson. He's spent the evening at some very lurid establishment, apparently forcing senile older men to dance, which is so troubling it.
Speaker 3: Sounds absolutely haunting. But Greg is loving it. Because Greg is moving up of the desperate succession ladder and he he is climbing higher than some may expect.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I agree with you, and I think what would be the.
Speaker 2: Most surprising outcome this season? You know, you could you can imagine this character, that character rising high or bottoming out, but I think truly one of the most surprised, Like you know, other than Willam, Greg the egg ending up on top somehow or or nearer the top is would be so shocking.
Speaker 1: And I gotta tell you.
Speaker 3: It's looking likely.
Speaker 1: I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Agree, and I think it's something that from the very earliest days of the historical documents that have shown us what has occurred in the roy family. Many viewers have thought, wouldn't it be so ironic and tasty and delectable if strange cousin greg who may or may not even really be related to anyone and who is just absolutely useless, wouldn't it make a lot of sense for him to end up on top? Isn't that the topsy turvy world we live in? And I do believe that this episod so we may be getting that I need to say as well, like I have.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 3: Look, I've said I understood my shave aligned with Matson. But we learn in this episode that, as many people suspected, myself included, Madson is a live wire. He does not care. He will tell Gregory Peggory some important, very secret information that will end up causing a big problem, and he doesn't even care. He'll do it while he's dancing with a sexy old see no man.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh. Exit polls suggest that while it is uncomfortably close for those of you who you know wouldn't want a fascist president.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know that small minority.
Speaker 2: Right, that it looks as if Jimenez and Evis are gonna take the nights are looking good. Uh, It's important we learn that the ATN folks in the know who know about poll numbers not leak that or even hint at it on air because they could lose their election certification something or other. And also it would be seen as an attempt to swing the election for a candidate. And I gotta tell you, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be seen doing that.
Speaker 3: You do not want to be seen doing that. But my favorite thing about this information that they are guided with is that it then becomes essentially a battle plan of how they can do just that. And it is impeccable that they took the advice, and we're like, that sounds great, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Shiv is of course pulling for Jimenez while Roman is marching and ce kaling for Herminken HIV facetimes Lucas. She's still they're still working together. Of course, as we just mentioned, she wants Lucas to release a statement about the Indian numbers, to get in front of that news, you know, and this is a great time to do it because the nation is going to be absolutely entranced by the election. And the results of the election. This is the time to just news dump news, dump news, dump news dump. Lucas drops that he has uh, you know, been discussing India with his team, and also.
Speaker 1: You know Gleig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cash just casually laying the biggest snake in the wild, the most power hungry wild person. Just let him know in a club. But there was definitely plenty of other people who could have over heard. And that's not the if.
Speaker 2: If they if they were not hard of hearing, as this older gentleman may have been. You know, I think when you are clutching an older man who doesn't want to dance to your chest and making him dance, uh, he's probably not listening to f Yeah, someone is not going to be on the business details that are kind of moving back and forth. Shiv is of course alarmed by this, like what.
Speaker 3: The fuck are you talking to?
Speaker 1: We talked to great.
Speaker 2: Uh, And Lucas is basically just like, hey, here's a picture. What about we just never say anything about the numbers. Prompt number two, Rosie, that's the best day to release bad news.
Speaker 3: The best day to release bad news. And I say this as many years as a journalist and the enertiment business. I will tell you the best day to release bad news is at like five pm on a Friday night. That's the plan, baby, that's what you've got to do. If you see a studio announce some news right then oooh, they do not want you to see it now. Obviously, twenty four our news cycle, internet news cycle is kind of different, but that is generally the best rule. Of course, Shiv is absolutely right here. It's also great to release it within a very busy twenty four our news cycle. Matson is very unlikely to become the main character of the news here. Nobody's gonna carey, oh, some fluffed up numbers like that's just that's normal. That's what tech people do. That's not gonna make the news when you have people setting mail in vote offices on fire and voting an electoral fascist. So ship is not wrong. But if you're looking to drop a press release, you want no one to see Gopher end of business day Friday.
Speaker 1: I listen.
Speaker 2: It's a great it's it's absolutely a classic. It's tried and true. You know, if I say we're we're going to be charged with insider trading and bring that up for absolutely.
Speaker 3: Definitely not gonna happen. Of course, this is why we're going to happen. This is why you trade on the outside, make the outside money.
Speaker 1: I trade. I'm it's all outside.
Speaker 3: All the trading I do is out doors, outdoors and touching grass and trading the same.
Speaker 1: Never never, never indoors inside. That's no roof. That is almost is the roof, and there is no roof. That's the limit. What's the limits limit, there's no roof, no ceiling. That said.
Speaker 2: I always like to peg bad news to whatever holiday is around.
Speaker 3: If there is gonna, says we ken is great too, if there's.
Speaker 2: Very If it's calendar dependent, I like to do like eleven fifteen pm Eastern on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: Well that's great, you know something like that.
Speaker 2: Or I wait until someone famous dies, someone famous and beloved, and then I just kind of slip it in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really good, in between the o bits and the memorials and just kind of like, oh, inside of trading, I lost three billion dollars. Bo love that guy. Rest in peace.
Speaker 2: This is a big phone call episode. Shiv takes a call from Nate. Nate is very, very nervous, but he's also feeling hopeful. You know, because of the exit polls, we learned that a future him and his administration would not have an issue with the Gojo deal. They just basically rubber stamp it and let it go, and we love that for business. Shiv is promising a new ATN for a new administration. Hey, you know, we're being kind. We're gonna be gentler, We're gonna be better, We're gonna be people are gonna love us. It's gonna be great. We're gonna be very very very lefty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Nate is like makes a great point where he's like, well, then why aren't you reporting on the domestic terrorism that is occurring tonight that we're starting to get rumblings off on social media. Someone is attacking voting offices where they are counting mail in ballots and that what they thought was an electrical fire is actually looks like it was vandalism. And she's like, yeah, yeah, of course, of course, we're definitely gotta gotta cover that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, what is fire? Who are people?
Speaker 3: It's just salomons?
Speaker 1: What what is it? What is a person? Uh?
Speaker 2: How does a person set a fire? Could it be an accident? Could Uh, you know, what is a flannel of material? These are all questions that we could ask, uh, and we will ask, and we'll be asked over the course of this episode. Any question, but who set this fire? I think it's important to ask.
Speaker 3: Very important my question no one needs to know.
Speaker 2: Ken takes a call from his ex wife Ravah.
Speaker 1: She is panicked, of course.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: In last episode, we learned that Ken and Roba's daughter, Sophie, who is Indian I believe, was pushed by a raven head person or a Manken person and they made some sort of uh, you know, kind of like racist uttering, and so they're already on edge and now there's this SUV following them, and Ken is like, oh, that's sorry, that's mine. Sorry I put I put private security on you and I didn't. I'm sorry I didn't. I should have told you, but I didn't mention it.
Speaker 1: Ps Uh.
Speaker 2: You know I everything I do, including secretly putting armed men on your tail, is because I love you, and you know, we're working on making a kinder, gentler world for you, my my beautiful daughter Sophie, who I love very much. Maybe we'll see Ken then calls Nate to get on the line with Candidate Jimenez, and he's like, you know, hey, Dan Jimenez, when you win, maybe you should look at tech for no apparently no reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no reason at all. You know that definitely not because you should look at it to kill the Gojo deal, Like say, no reason, Just just look at it, Dodgy. It's bad, bad things, that huge force, huge force in our world, and maybe you should look at it.
Speaker 1: Prop Number three.
Speaker 2: I believe, although I may be wrong, that this is the first time that we see candidate Jimenez, certainly this season. So this leads me to my next prompt. This is fiction, of course, work of fiction, this show that we take very seriously. So seriously we've modeled an entire fake show after this show. The minimum age for to be president is thirty five. But let me ask you this is it realistic to elect someone for president who is not eighty nine years old?
Speaker 1: Rosie? That is the prompt. Look, come on, you got to be eighty nine to ninety ninety one, high eighties at least president.
Speaker 3: It is part of the American rule, the American law. I think in the Constitution it says you've got to be like ten years away from dying or you can't be the president. Right. That's like, that's a big part of the American rulebook.
Speaker 2: Because you don't want anybody in there who hasn't lived a full and I mean full, like right to the edge, life like right to the end that candles all the way down. You don't want them thinking about just life stuff because they've done it.
Speaker 3: They've done it. They're not going to be distracted. They've spent many life, they've lived through multiple depressions. They have played and manipulated the markets through those depressions and made very very, very large amounts of money. And now they're successful. They're in their eighties, they're out here, they're being presidents. They're not showing up for votes.
Speaker 2: You know, high is they're all, okay, what's your ideal age for a president? President elect?
Speaker 3: One hundred and two?
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I also life experience, lived a century. They remember before these things existed, like tech. They can go up against tech. They say, what's tech? They don't have Facebook.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, with no cybernetic enhancements, no kind of cryo tubes, just like a raw dogging life, a human being that just lived, uh, you know, without any kind of uh special medical technology things to keep them going. I'm gonna say, yeah about one hundred, like one o two, one oh three.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think that's the sweet sport.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody wants, so that you can get out of your second term by like one o eight one oh nine and then quietly pass away, you know, happily. Rome heads to the Menken lif to meet with the Menca Nights. Jared MANCN is pissed that Rome wasn't able to deliver Connor dropping out of the race, and mancan tells Roman that, you know what, it looks like we're gonna lose to Night.
Speaker 1: But I like it. I want to lose.
Speaker 3: I'm very focusbut on losing.
Speaker 2: I'm very focused on losing. I think losing is winning. I think the new winning is losing because when I lose, I can throw just dirt on the entire process and say, hey, look how rid this entire processes, and that will set me up to win the next time around.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He wants to destabilize the American government and economy so that he can take it when it's vulnerable. Very historical precedent for that, don't google who's done that? In the past. You don't need to do that, but it has been done. It has been done. And I will say this is a scene that introduces one of the best word word uses this episode that will continue to go. He wants Roman to help him with the narrative, and you will now hear the word narrative come up in every other sentence. Everybody is worried about the narrative. Jared's dream narrative is that he was maligned and oppressed and pushed to the side because he was the real working man's candidate. But obviously that narrative could change, and atn sadly, well gladly depending where your stocks are. For everyone has a big handle on shaping that narrative. As we will see.
Speaker 2: Back at at and Headquarters, Greg is asking Tom, you know, important questions about his role with the company going forward, and Tom.
Speaker 1: Is like, where's my fucking coffee?
Speaker 3: Greg?
Speaker 2: And Greg is like, hey, man, I just fired three hundred people.
Speaker 3: I don't do coffee anymore.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, it was either one hundred people in three days or three hundred people in a day, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: I don't do coffee anymore.
Speaker 2: And Tom makes a very measured statement, a very measured response.
Speaker 3: Very realistic, relatable. Yes.
Speaker 2: When he says, listen, if you don't get my coffee, it's gonna be chaos, and that chaos is gonna spread, and that and China's going to invade Taiwan and that means world War three and that means the nukes are gonna fly, and that means the end of all complex life on Earth, And like, do you want to be responsible for that because you didn't get my coffee? And he's like, well, in that case, if it's that important, we should do something a little stronger, No, a little more powdery. No, what do you think about that? So I think very reasonably, just completely a very completely reasonable thing to do. Greg and Tom snorted a little coke off the back of their hands behind a whiteboard.
Speaker 3: And Greg has put himself in a terrible situation here because Greg did not want to do drugs.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to do Greg didn't want to do two nights in a row.
Speaker 3: Wanted he didn't want to get addicted. He hadn't. He was like, I might get addicted. Do it two nights cine arroo, and he decided that he would have to. He got pay pressure by Tom. You know, understandable. But I have a prompt for you, Jason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, good good.
Speaker 3: Why is Tom so tired? Why is he so tired? Last episode he needed to go to sleep at the party. This episode, he needs his coffee or he's gonna fall asleep. He so tired, Jason? Why is Tom so tired?
Speaker 1: Low t no testosterone.
Speaker 3: He's not taking his ATN, not taking his ATN testosterone pills.
Speaker 2: I think he's got to start taking them. You know, there are many products on nugenic I'm sure Nugenics for one, I think is one that has come highly recommended, certainly by older athletes of an American extraction. Doug Flutie, for example, has handled his low te problem through nugenics. Eugenics not a sponsor of the Market Moves program. But I'm just saying I think Tom should perhaps look into it, or like a human growth hormone or some other kind of low testosterone.
Speaker 1: Amplified that he should look at it. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I think it's you're right to flag it because you know, maybe the maybe the tea is low. Dad said he did father a child recently. He'll get to that, he'll find that out.
Speaker 3: He'll find that so, but you know what, for now, for now he's got you know, good old toot, he's got the cocaine. He's going to keep going. That's going to keep him going for now, but it will probably make him tired tomorrow. Spoiler warning tom you're going to be tired again.
Speaker 1: Is that the rule? You can't do it two days in a row, so you can you skip a day.
Speaker 3: I'm not get addicted if you do it. I do believe that when you go to school in certain states, they probably tell you that if you do drugs once or twice in a row, you will become addicted. So maybe if the books say so, it could be true. I don't think Greg needs to worry. That motherfucker is tall. I feel like his metabolism is very fast. I think he's going to be okay. I was very impressed actually by his good point, skilful attempt not to do the coke and pretend to do it. It was That was one of my old time favorite great moments. It was very good. But now they're both on coca and that's obviously gonna be great for democracy because everyone knows best decisions are made while you're on cocaine.
Speaker 2: Connor calls and he harangues Tom about the pro con stories that are out there on social media, but they're not making it to eighteen.
Speaker 3: There is no con coverage. I have not even seen Conn's face for the con comment. He says, come on, give me some sugarman.
Speaker 1: Maybe everyone voted for me. You don't know to which Willis says Schrodinger's cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until you count the votes, Tom, you don't know. One could be president, Connor could be president. You don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Also, we discover in this episode of Counner and I think this is a bid to be presidential.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is a guy who says, shan't and a last.
Speaker 3: He is Willa understandably once again the people's champion. Will are coming through here. She says, fuck Kentucky when they discover that con did not win Kentucky, which was one of the few places they expected him to win, and he says, no, Willa, not fuck Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Won't.
Speaker 3: I won't be that person. I shan't become that man. He says, alas Kentucky, Willa, alas Kentucky. That doesn't even make sense. But I love it because I use the lass all the times. You love it, Use a lass, It'll make you rich.
Speaker 1: As polls close.
Speaker 2: One of Aten's Steve Kornacky knockoffs has a touch screen malfunction, and Tom absolutely now amped to the gills on the marching powder, reacts like he is coked to the gills on the marching powder, and Ken calls while this is going on, He's like, what the hell is going on with a touch screen? Get that touch green up on. Smash your head in like a soft boiled egg. Meanwhile, we mentioned Rosie mentioned earlier how there's this been there's this robing about a voting center that's been set on fire in Wisconsin, a key battleground state.
Speaker 1: And you know, listen it.
Speaker 2: If you want to go by the facts, see if you want to be one of those people who just goes by the fact.
Speaker 3: Just the facts, that's the question.
Speaker 2: The fast the facts, which is like okay, basic, But if you want to be that person, then sure Menken Nights did set this voting precinct on fire. It also happens to be a heavily democratic h.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's just a coincidence, Just a coincidence.
Speaker 2: Right, Ken, and Shiv want to know why it's not being covered. Why aren't we covering this? Tom says, because we can't cover it because you think our audience wants to hear about how their side is bad. No, they want to hear about how their site is good, and so we.
Speaker 1: Can't cover this.
Speaker 2: And Roman says, well, why not just say it was anybody? Why not just say it was antifile? Why not just say, you know, like it was all in.
Speaker 1: Communists that that.
Speaker 2: I want to just do that. Why can't we just do that? And I you know, that's you know, if you want to just go by facts, and what a boring life you're gonna lead. I live in a I live in a world of pure imagination, Yeah, just like him, where everything changes to fit my whims whenever I want. And I think it's a much better way.
Speaker 3: To be definitely more fun when to eat some grass that's actually little Mimi flakes while you're burning down a vote in mail in ballot space?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 3: You could live that well? Pure imagination?
Speaker 2: Now, Uh, there's you know, kind of like a small wrinkle with the voting center. Turns out that some ballots were lost.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, maybe one hundred thousand, you know, some small amount.
Speaker 1: Just some small amount of heavily democratic ballots.
Speaker 2: And this news sets making hq at Jimenez hq uh racing to kind of shape the post election fire narrative. There's that word again, Narrave. Shive meets with Tom Uh.
Speaker 1: She wants to talk fire and narrative.
Speaker 2: Tom is making smarmy faces at her, and he's threatening to blow up her relationship with Mattson. And then he accused of of killing her dad. Kind of unhinged but okay, and she responds by telling Tom that she's pregnant by him, and to which Tom responds, is this a negotiating tactic? Prompt number four, Rosie, does Tom believe Shiv?
Speaker 3: I do not believe that Tom, in that moment on the Marching Powder regime that he has decided to take part in this episode. I do not believe that in the moment he believes her. I actually believe that him saying is this a negotiating tactic is the most honest response. Those two are so far gone at this point. I mean, he just accused her of killing her own dad, which is cruel and also just patinly untrue. No matter how stressed out. Logan was they are way past toxic. They've gone to you know, sub level atomic bun situation here where they're just consistently doing the most terrific shit. I truly believe that he does think that though as shit walks out of the room, I do believe it begins to settle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is kind of like, oh, did that really happen?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I read it a couple of ways. On the one hand, I think that he doesn't believe her. On the other hand, I'd think he was also like, well, she might be pregnant, but it might not be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why he.
Speaker 3: Said something mean. I did think that that could also be it. The kind of nate of it all, the the open relationship of it all, like that is his ultimate cruel comeback, because in his mind he thinks it's very unlikely that it's his.
Speaker 2: With the ballance burned and the absence te bells not yet counted. Mencoln basically calls ATM. He's he's manc in HQ is LinkedIn with Roman. Roman is mencn's guy, Mencn's ambassador to ATN, and MENCN just wants hey, just like say, I won just stop the count and say that we won Milwaukee. Shiv realizes because Roman basically says and Ken confirms that atn's coverage tonight on the Milwaukee incident, the fire and the fallout from the fire, and which way that state goes will one hundred thousand, million, billion percent be shaped by the perception that a Mancan administration will kill the Gojo deal. Period, that's it. They will go Mancan because mencol will kill the deal, and that's it, and they will make that promise.
Speaker 3: So this is a very interesting and bleak episode is bleak, very fucking bleak. But the thing I find most interesting is Shiv is in conflict with herself because now she's like, oh, I I a fascist to become president because I'm a liberal and I believe in all these liberal things. But she has done everything along the way to be horribly complicit in this. And even I have to say, Kendall, I feel like he spends a lot of this episode. He's not being big boss material. He is in a moral quandary.
Speaker 2: He is in a moral quandary. Well listen, like it's all well and good. I think we've all, you know.
Speaker 3: Invitent how the fascist to become president.
Speaker 2: Well, we've you know, it's one thing to invite neo Nazis and fascists and white nationalists to your party, you know, to just come over and have tea and crumpets.
Speaker 1: I think we've all done that.
Speaker 2: But it's another thing to have them stay, you know, and in your house. And I think Shiv and Ken are dealing with the fact that, hey, I just invited these guys over for like a little NFL on Sunday, and now all of a sudden they're moving in.
Speaker 1: Is that what I want? Maybe it is, I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 2: The ATEN headcore Naki Darwin briefs the Roys and Shiv and basically says, like, okay, uh, you can actually look at this precinct which burned, and you can look at the voter rolls and see all the people who voted.
Speaker 3: And who registered, and you could before and yeah, and they're either Democrats or registered as Republicans, and you could basically say here's how they would have voted. H.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Ravenhead is on the air. You remember Ravenhead, of course, the uh, the ATEN on air talent guy who again loves his Red Mind camp a couple of times because of the wonderfullyster eggs in there, and it named his dog Blondie after some German leaders dog.
Speaker 1: I forget who.
Speaker 2: He's basically on the air saying like, oh, so I guess we're you know, like the.
Speaker 1: Fire only burned the Democratic votes.
Speaker 3: Now the fires Kiki, and they're gonna tell you who to but who voted. And they're not actually gonna count the votes. They're just gonna tell you, oh, these people voted, and they are gonna take your freedom as American voters. And of course it's a masterclass in reflection and shaping the narrative.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: The pressure is building. Shive corners Greg and threatens to flat out threatens to murder him.
Speaker 1: This was interesting because there.
Speaker 2: Was no it was all stick and I'm not even sure, like what the what's the pitch? It's just like do this or or what? And Greg asks like, okay, what's in it for me? And she's like, I won't pull your intestines out of your butt.
Speaker 3: That is what she says. I mean, I think the pitches don't tell the boys that I am in bed with Matson, which of course he knows because Matson is just a fucking blaber. Mouth, but like she did not approach this the right way, because shit, Greg is first of all broke, second of all an idiot. Fird of all, he literally asks her for a bribe. He could have just given him like one hundred thousand dollars, which to people like us and people like the voice is nothing. That's like pocket money to shive, to us, to market moves listeners who have invested wisely. She could have just thrown him, you know, a little bit, a little bit of cash, little bit sweet. And actually Greg probably would have stayed quiet just for a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Roman leans on Tom and Darwin the head Kornaki, to call Milwaukee from incoling, let's do it, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Just say it.
Speaker 3: Becaids Wisconsin in his favor. He's gonna get the ten votes. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Darwin is like, well, we can't really call it because like there's this whole process and it's going course and all that. But what we can if we kind of couch it as like a pending call.
Speaker 3: Can you make a chiron, can you make a graph?
Speaker 1: Take a pree call.
Speaker 2: This is punctuated by a Darwin getting Bodego Wasabi in his eyes and then Greg pouring lemon Croy into it. Luckily, Darwin is able to go on the air and ATM makes a call. Mancin wins Wisconsin. Ken is kind of unhappy. Connor goes on the air and concedes, basically throwing it to Mancan and saying, hey, you know it's we lost, But that Jared Menkin, he's pretty great, isn't he. Yeah, And in return for this he will get ambassador to Slovenia. Shouts to Luka Doncic and Willa is like, well, you know, it's very very sad that the country is going to be overrun by Nazis.
Speaker 1: But on the other hand, shopping.
Speaker 3: In Vienna, you know, Venice the lunch. Also, Connor does a little bit of a goes off script, does a little bit of a little bit of a jazz thing, does some scatting, threatens the country by telling them the conheads are coming. He says, so I'm a billionaire. You'll have to find someone else's tee to suck a lot. It's a terrible performance and I loved every second of it. Thank you, Cornna. Never see you again when you go to Slovenia. You're never coming back. The wory's like keeping you that forever.
Speaker 2: So when it becomes clear that Arizona on the up and up is gonna go red now at and is Boxington, they already called Wisconsin pending, but they called it.
Speaker 3: They didn't ever say pending either, like they.
Speaker 1: Just right, they just basically called it.
Speaker 3: They called it, And so.
Speaker 2: With aasy basically going Mancoln, that means they have to call Mencoln as the winner of the presidential election.
Speaker 1: Roman is slavering at the mountain.
Speaker 3: He's so happy.
Speaker 2: Ken Ken is like, oh, my daughter, hold on a second, I have to call a time out. So in private, Ken voices his concerns to Roman and for you know, democracy and diversity and the safety of his children and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: In Romans like fuck it, who can He says that.
Speaker 2: He says, quote, dad's dead in the country is just a big pussy waiting get fucked, which brings us to prop number five. Has Roman always been this bad? Or because Roman's always been bad, Roman's terrible.
Speaker 3: He's fallen off the nihilistic cliff and there is no coming back. Multiple times throughout this episode he says nothing matters, nothing's real, it's all bullshit, like all we did was program a good night of TV. It's almost like he is so depressed and so unhinged and unconnected from reality after his dad's death, that this has become like a game to him. And I think that as much as we know Kendall really wants to run the company by himself because he's a little backstab and bitch, I think Roman has those designs too, But whereas Kendall wants it because Kendall sees himself having some grand legacy like his dad, I think to Roman it's just about winning a game. It's nightmarishly scary to watch Roman this episode. He doesn't like Menkin. Go back a few episodes, he was calling him a Nazi. He just he is lavishing in this chaotic kind of fucking moral void. It's incredibly scary to watch.
Speaker 2: It was frightening. I don't know if Roman has always been this bad, but I do think Roman is the type of person who lowers himself to the level of the people around him. And it feels like, listen, the hotline of Jared Mancoln is intoxicating, that kind of like has way to power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like have.
Speaker 2: The most powerful, potentially person in the world on speed dial if you just kind of like push a couple of levers here and there. And I think he's really fired up about that. And I think that he also thinks that, uh, nothing bad.
Speaker 1: We're really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, a voting place got burned by nazis, okay, but stuff burns all the time. This way, we have fire departments. Why do fire departments exist because stuff catches fire.
Speaker 3: He's so in his own bubble as well. Politics has never affected any of them at the p One of the most prescient, brilliant real things about that episode is that the party has Republicans, Democrats, all different donors because for a lot of people, as we know is true in real life, those people are friends. Yeah, those rich people are friends. They stay close. That's the circles we move in here at Market Moose. You know, it doesn't matter your political alignment as long as you bow to the god of money. And Roman I think has been so couched in that that he cannot see that mencan is not that mencan does not come from that world. Mencan will likely not play by those rules. And also I think there is an element of the you know you talked about Roman. Has he been always been this bad? Roman's always been like a troll, and he's enjoyed trolling people, whether he's trolling Jerry. This is that full blown edge lord bullshit coming to the forefront of like, oh I can I can edgeloord Us into having a nightmare President. He'll call me and he'll ask me what I think.
Speaker 1: All I know is why didn't you know?
Speaker 2: Stuff uh bursts into flame every day and I don't see anybody caring about it when that happens.
Speaker 1: Something's on fire right now?
Speaker 3: How come nobody's it happens every one second and I was talking about it.
Speaker 1: Now all of a sudden people care about fire.
Speaker 2: Hyritic Ken goes to shiveh and he says, flat out listen, Mancoan is offering to kill the deal, just like unambiguously kill it. And he admits that, Hey, I want to run the company myself, and I'm a little threatened by Roman's relationship with mancoln uh and so I have some hesitations here and she and Shive goes yeah, And then hesitation is also because you're a good person. Yeah you kill the kid, Yeah, you've done other bad things. The taking of a life the worst, but other.
Speaker 3: Stuff, many of other bad things.
Speaker 1: But you're good. You're a good person.
Speaker 2: And if you'd say, hey, we fucked up the Wisconsin call, you can do that, and you can make us do that, and we can do that. Now, she does not admit that part of the reason that yes, of course she loves democracy. Who doesn't, come on, everyone loves It's great pluralism. She cares about it. But you know, she is also working with Mats and so there is also that angle, which she does not reveal at this moment. She gets on the phone to see if Jimenez can can maybe promise or at least promise to think about killing the deal. And does she get through?
Speaker 1: Does she not? She doesn't get through. She bluffs.
Speaker 3: I think she even I think she called the number POPO is related to not get through, like.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even if she she a man would have answered, you're probably right, I would have answered.
Speaker 3: Even if she doesn't want to ask Nate, because she actually knows that in that situation, she might be the one who could get Nate to say yes. But she needs the deal to go through, so she bluffs, and I have to say I've been supporting her best season, but this is terrible bluff.
Speaker 2: I I let's talk about that. Uh So Shiv bluffs and it's a very bad bluff, Like it's obviously.
Speaker 3: She doesn't sell it.
Speaker 1: She doesn't sell it at all.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even doesn't even send Nate like a security text to be like, just fucking trust me. If Ken cals, you just go with whatever.
Speaker 1: Like so Ken gets.
Speaker 2: On the horn with Nate and he immediately figures out that she bluffed, and so his spider sense now is tingling. He goes to Greg and be like, what's going on or anything, and this is where he finds out that she's been working with Matts and he comes in.
Speaker 3: Greg fed like a piece of fucking paper.
Speaker 1: I just need to say, like.
Speaker 3: Greg is standing just looking Shive in the face through a plate glass window, selling her the fuck out. But you know what, Ship should have known as soon as she should have gone to them and been like, I've been playing mats and so I could get all the inside of DLS. She did not play this well at all. This is a cell Shiv moment. I feel like it's gone very badly for this episode.
Speaker 2: Sell sell Shive, not an operator, not a person you can deal with. Unfortunately, I was thinking of her dad's quote to the to the children, all of the children, you're not serious people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not serious.
Speaker 1: She is not a serious person at all.
Speaker 3: She's an un serious person. At this point, this was.
Speaker 1: Really bad, shif like, you fucking chuffed it.
Speaker 2: That was awful. So Ken comes in. He says, you're working with Matson. She denies it, but she's fucking absolutely caught. And now Ken is on the Menka train. Shi is you know, pulls out her you know, final like ace in the hole, which is like, I guess I'll go public, uh and be like, hey, you're all terrible people and you did this quick crow over the Gojo deal and that's why you made the call. And Ken Roman are like, we don't believe you. We don't believe you do that. So by MANCN gives a victory speech that is something out of an early gear mor del Toro movie, Like he looks like he's about to rip off his face and turn into a demon.
Speaker 3: This is all school fascism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Mancan calls Roman. Ken maybe has a sliver of anxiety about the closeness of their relationship. This phone call like he's calling my brother. Tom meanwhile is being personally attacked for the ATM call, like he is the focal point of that call. Shiv gets on the horn to Lucas, trying to muster some kind of response to this. Lucas is like, holy shit, you guys elected a fascist. Wow, And Siv is like, okay, get your head together. We need to figure out a way to fuck over our brothers and get Manken out of here. And while Ken tries to go see his family and his daughter, whose security is now very much a threat under a a in a nation ruled by Jered Mancon, but rathers like we're sleeping.
Speaker 1: Uh who that is?
Speaker 2: That is the election night in the world of succession, and it is a doozy, folks.
Speaker 3: It was a doozy, definite doozy. I will say, now, look, we said Selshiv, and I do still believe that simply just because I think that the only way this ends at this point is with all of Roy's probably going down. But you know, they say, hell, hath no fury like a woman scorned. What does Shiv know that you, Jason, the knowledgeable stocks and bonds economic type person, that you are you had mentioned that you felt like Ken could be taken down by somebody rat sucking him with the you know, whole murder thing, the little thing about the murder.
Speaker 1: The little thing about the murder.
Speaker 3: I feel like that has to be the front of Shiv's mind when it comes to rap fucking the brothers.
Speaker 1: Is it enough and does it do enough?
Speaker 3: Do you? But I'm buying it though with them purposefully using the news to get a deal killed, you know, like those two things together, does that make enough of a problem to get rid of them, even though ATM would surely survive.
Speaker 1: I think you.
Speaker 2: I think you do it like like a one two punch. I think you come out with so much heat on this election. I think you come out right away and you say, my brothers did a handshake deal with Jared MANCN that they would call Wisconsin for him, despite the absence of hundreds of thousands of votes, thousands of votes that surely would have tilted Democratic, in return for a promise from Jared Mancon to lop the head off the GOJO deal as soon as he is in the old full office. And I think you lead with that, and I think you let that kind of boil and stew for like a week two weeks that go, you know, kind of wash around the news cycle like two three times, and once that is starting to like fade and shrink a little bit, then you hit him with oh, by the way, my.
Speaker 1: Brother killed a guy. Yeah, and he told me about it.
Speaker 2: It was at my wedding and in Italy, you know, after he tried to commit suicider before or sometime around then, he admitted to me and my brother and that he did kill a waiter at my wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that that would be a huge hit obviously for Kendall. I do believe that Kendall and Rome could be seen on their way out and have the board do the Gojo deal and then I go out with Greg. I think when you.
Speaker 1: Go, I think you go for a triple too.
Speaker 2: After you let the PS my brother kill the guy wash around for a little while, then I think you maybe ad for a week or two weeks ago. PS, my other brother Roman was sending our lead Council of Waste star Royco Jerry Dick pics for an extended period of time and also sent our data dictics at a meeting.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I think that Shiv could possibly get Jerry on side for that if it meant a bigger payout for Jerry. I think Jerry is sick of it. Okay, let me ask you this, what is Tom's fate? Because this, to me, I feel like Tom's road is at an end. This feels like a Shakespearean tragic end to his ladder climbing. You know, he basically waited for the kids to tell him what to do. But here's the one. His face is being put all over the actual the liberal news media, even the right wing media people are saying he called Wisconsin too early and it is his fault. And not only that, but he is in the pocket of Jared Mankin, and they say, this man knows Jared Mankin. He's an associate of Jared Mankin. Did Tom's quest for ratings? Did that set him on the path to ATN execution? Is he out?
Speaker 1: I think Tom? Well, it depends.
Speaker 2: I think Tom is out. I think his career is going to be essentially over. He is the face of this. Yeah, Ken and Rome are going to moon walk away from this. They're not going to take the blame for it. It's going to be all about Tom and that narrative is already taking shape, and I think as a result of this, Tom is going to find himself as like the you know, the CEO or the head of programming at like whatever. The Succession Universe version of the Blaze.
Speaker 3: Is yes, yes, yes, yes, some.
Speaker 2: Right wing YouTube channel they were kind of like yeah for like a low six figure salary. That is going to make him very, very miserable and unhappy because he's working with people like who don't drink wine?
Speaker 3: Okay, And I do feel like obviously this episode in Succession, as we said, feels very rooted in reality. But the last question I have for you is like, how far so we know Kendall drops it at the end of the episode when he's on the phone to Rava. Next week is the funeral, so we know that's no longer going to be the finale. How far do you think that we see the nightmarish Nazi ramifications of menking go in that final episode. Do you think it's going to like jump a shark potentially or do you think it's going to be more like ominous kind of ripple effect? Where do you see that going?
Speaker 2: I think we don't get too much more of it. Honestly, I think when we leave this story, the election is still going to be being litigated in the courts, but that ultimately it will be Jimenez and but that we don't go too much deeper on it. It'll just be about these people.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right. I think one of the smartest things about Succession is they spent you know, four seas and basically saying, look at how stupid these people are, look at all the terrible mistakes they made, and look at how rich they are, and don't worry though, because they're just rich and they just really only affect their own world. And I think it's an incredibly smart move that at the end they were like, oh, but now they are directly impacting you and your lives and who is president, and however you feel about that, positive or negative, that is what is happening. I mean, we see that the three siblings essentially choose the outcome of American democracy, and I just think that in itself is the bleakest statement that the show has to make. So I agree with you. I think that we get the funeral. I think the finale's probably gonna deal with whether or not the Gojo sale goes through, and I think we leave the world in a kind of bleak state of Oh, look what the Roys did.
Speaker 6: Up next Yellow Jaggets, We're stepping out of the airlock and into the wild wilderness of Yellow Jackets Season two, episode seven.
Speaker 3: If you thought succession was bleak, Oh baby, are you ready? It's an intense time in the forest once again in Burial, directed by Anya Adams and written by Rich Monahan and Liz Fang. It's a depressing time in the snowy wilds, which we are instantly alerted to thanks to the famous Batman soundtrack hit Something in the Way by Nirvana. The girls are still mourning shorn as baby, and the fact that they are absolutely snowed in, like snow to the windows snowed in is not helping their spirits. But Lotty notices, was it magic? We don't know? It's seven episodes seven and season two. We don't know what's going on? Lotty notices. The snow is stopped, and suddenly the girls are inspired to dream of and survival. They begin to dig themselves out, and in a move that will surely relieve many viewers, Shawna secretly buries her baby under some rocks, making a little baby too, substantially lessening the chance that they will eat the baby. I feel she's keeping it away from them. The baby eating odds are going down.
Speaker 1: Can you come let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of obviously there's been a lot of conjecture that they might eat the baby.
Speaker 1: Can you It feels like one of those can they come back from this?
Speaker 2: Like? Do you do you burn these characters if they eat the baby.
Speaker 3: I think that is why they did the dream sequence eating the baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think because you got that horrific visceral shock and then the reveal that it wasn't real. Because I don't think you can come back now. If they did do it, they wouldn't have killed the baby because the baby did die naturally, it seems. But I do agree. I think that Shawna's put in her little thur baby package and she's putting it under some stones. It's a very moving moment. She does it where no one else can see. I think we can for now probably say that I think baby eating is off the table, because I think you're right, these are characters people have grown to love. We see them in the adult timeline, and you are meant to care about them and care about their journey, and I think that could be quite hard to come back from. As you point out, Shanna is not the only one who is horribly impacted by the death of the baby. It's clear that it's affecting all the girls, but none more so than ty and Van. Tye kind of cries to Van and says, hey, I really thought the baby was going to survive. I thought this was something positive for us, and Van brings up a very good point, which also the showruners have talked about quite extensively. What if the baby had survived. What would you do with a baby? They're all starving, they don't have any food. Shauna couldn't breastfeed because she's starving, and it's just another mouth to feed. It seems quite bleak from Van, who is a bit of a spiritual Lottie follower, But we learn here and I feel like this is probably gonna be really big going into the next couple of episodes. Van reveals that she no longer sees her constant gay immortality, you know, getting eaten by a wolf, surviving surviving a plane crash where she should have died and also surviving her not dead body being burnt after she was eaten by a wolf. She used to feel like that meant something, that she was here for a reason, and Ty's like, you are here for a reason, I promise you, like you can do it. But Van is on the nihilistic train to nowhere, questioning her place in the world and the wilderness and wondering why the fuck she's still alive, And honestly, I feel like it's a very relatable position.
Speaker 2: It really felt like Van has done a lot of living and learning. She's probably done the most evolving of any of the characters that we've seen, and that's why it's both fascinating and I think a good development for Tie that kind of see them discovering the chemistry.
Speaker 1: A little bit over the course of this episode.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and they are rediscovering it at Camp Green Pine, Lottie's wellness cult, I mean wellness retreat and the Stages is.
Speaker 1: An intentional They're an intentional.
Speaker 3: Intentional community. Apologies apologies don't suit me. An intentional community. And guess what, that community has new members because every adult survivor from the core group is there. Lotty is there, of course, she's running it. Natalie's there, of course, she's basically joined the cult. I think she's playing a long game, but it's unclear. Misty turned up to save Natalie. She's been there twenty four hours and she is all in. She seems to love the cult. Van Tie and Shawna all recently arrived. So you have a little bit of an unsanctioned Yellow Jackets reunion, and Lotty's not going to waste this opportunity. Lot He's like, you're here, let's pick some activities. It's like summer camp, but people probably don't have to give up all their worldly belongings to join a summer camp. Shawna picks self care. She thinks it means spars and you know, painting your toenails, but it actually means that she's gonna have to look after a very cute baby goat named Bruce.
Speaker 1: She gets into it, She gets very into it.
Speaker 3: And I have to say, this is one of my this is such good writing. But Shawna is just absolutely fucking sure that she's gonna have to kill the goat. Yes, and everybody is like nobody says it, Like nobody ever says it. But she's convinced that she's gonna have to look after this goat, grow close to it, and then have it die. And I think we can understand where that fear is coming from. Tye selects the creepily named Renewal, which leads her to painting a cabin with a makeup brush. It's very mister Meagi, very karate kid. Van chooses foraging, but Van's also like, fuck you, I'm just going to forage some whiskey out of my car. Like I'm not doing this shit.
Speaker 1: Not doing this. I don't have a lot of time left. We'll get to that exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do what I gotta make the most of what I got. Ye Misty gets left with guidance, sending her to an isolation tank, which she is less than happy to experience, but where she almoratedly treats viewers to a season best sequence that has to be seen to be believed. But we will get to that in a little while. In a wilderness, coach Ben oh man, he's still struggling. I love this is such a cool way to kind of I think we're going to be ending this part of his disassociation storyline here, but he gets he hallucinates getting a call from his ex boyfriend or his boyfriend who is still you know, not in the wilderness. But this time we see his boyfriend in the cabin, and Ben is just fully invested in this fantasy, in this delusion. He talks to him, he wants to know, and the boyfriend's like, no, it's over. You've got to leave. We can't do this anymore. And Ben kind of screams after him into the forest and all the girls look at him, like, who the fuck is Paul, Who are you talking to? And Ben's kind of like, oh, don't worry, I'm all good man, I'm doing good. I'm doing okay, And he kind of has a creepy smile on his face, which doesn't bode well. No, Misty is digging out the cabin and she overhears Aquila, Marie, and Jen celebrating her aptitude at Shawna's birth. Yay love to hear a compliment, but quickly she also hears Maray reveal that she thinks Misty is more psychotic than ever, and I have to say, Maray is not wrong. Mary suggests that Misty actually did something to Crystal, perhaps killed her.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, what we say on this program, we were right.
Speaker 3: Mari was right Mary.
Speaker 5: But Misty, being that you know, delightful and always innovative sociopath that she is, uses this intel to manipulate the crew by suggesting that they should all go and look for her dead friend Crystal, which.
Speaker 3: Kind of wins a keeler over to the side and Marie, I don't think she's believing it. So this episode, if you have ever wondered about the rules of Yellow Jacket's cannibalism, which of course is a large part of the mystery of the show, we start to get hints here about how that part of the wilderness culture is going to be shaped, because Lotti does a little speech about the wilderness when Misty suggests going to find Crystal, and it comes out that Lotty basically believes that Shawna's baby was a sacrifice that allowed Shawna to live. If you remember the girls said Marie specifically tactless as ever when Shawna was in labor, said Wilderness, I hope Shawna doesn't die. And Lotti seems to have put two and two together and made a supernatural five and decided that the reason the baby died was the wilderness taking that so Shawna could live. And I think that that hints quite likely that we could the killings that we see, you know, that opening sequence that kind of got the Internet talking in that first ever episode of the show, we might be in a situation where those killings are sacrifices to appease the worldness or to get something that they want. And I think something really we get something really interesting here, which is some of the JV squad, like Jen and like a couple of other girls who are like very not in the center of the story. They're like, oh, well, you know, if Crystal, if she's missing, if she's dead, like what if we just hate her? And they are incredibly chill about it. They're like, could be a nice stack, like not saying it.
Speaker 2: I mean once you eat one person, and that was a person that you like, liked, who was one of the most popular.
Speaker 1: Well not well popular, but she was like the queen Bee. It was one. Yeah, it was like a main mover and shaker in this group, Chris the weirdo. Nobody even knew that. Don't eveny know Chrystal exactly.
Speaker 3: Really, That's what I'm saying. And then like you know, not saying I hope she's not saying. I hope she's dead, but like if she if she was, it would be like a waste.
Speaker 2: I hope right, if she was dead, I hope that the rich and nutritious areas for body are still worth eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope that we could have another delicious little group barbecue, little little fun delusion for full tommies. But Misty is not gonna let anyone eat her friend. She's not having it. She goes out to search for Crystal, who she's pretending is still alive, with Mari and Aequila and does little Meryl Streep style performance. She cries, oh, I can't do this, it's so hard. She's channeling her best Steel Magnolias, and she sneaks off to find Crystal before her teammates. Now she says, Crystal, I'm not gonna let them eat you. But I think she really just doesn't want them to find the dead body, because yeah, then they will probably know she did kill her. Interestingly, she doesn't find Crystal's body at the bottom of the cliff where Crystal fell to her untimely death. You mentioned, does anyone really know Crystal? Let's talk about this. Yes, was Crystal real? Did Crystal exist?
Speaker 2: I think Crystal existed, but I also think her quote unquote death. Uh, you know, it might be a Horvey situation.
Speaker 3: It might be, you know, like something odd going on that.
Speaker 2: There is something there's a lot of in this episode and previous episodes, but definitely overtly in this episode we will get to the big one, the big we will write there is a lot of people seeing things, having full conversations that did not happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I remember from the very first time Crystal showed up and this season and she was singing, and she was out there in the backyard with Misty, it seemed like a lot of their interactions were happening with no one else around. Now people were saying, oh, we'll look for Crystal, We'll look for your friend, you know. So the assumption is there was a person called Crystal who was in yellow jackets and people seemed to be aware of her existence. But the Crystal that we know who was Misty's best friend, who Misty killed, it's becoming more and more unclear whether that version of Crystal ever really existed, and the fact that Crystal's body isn't there maybe Harvey's mysterious friend took it. Maybe somebody already found it to eat it. Maybe a moose ate it. I don't know, but the fact it's not there is very suspicious, and I think we'll likely come into play in these next two episodes.
Speaker 2: Misty does still never exist. It is interesting, it is, right, Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting because there is a distinct lack of interest in finding Crystal, and there is when you go back and watch the episodes, Crystal rarely ever interacts with anyone, if ever, when Misty isn't there. So I'm just very interested in what that relationship really looks like and how Crystal plays into kind of Misty's ongoing journey and obviously like deep troubles and struggles with her mental health. So she does not find Crystal's dead body, but she does find Coach Ben and he's very creepy and calm, and he shaved off his beard and he's about to throw himself off a cliff. Yes, he's just like I'm done.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this is similar to the Crystal lines. Is this did he really shave off his beard or or is this he was notably having a hallucination, a conversation with his partner, and it seemed, at least I read it as the shaving was like a reaction to either that conversation or.
Speaker 1: Some version of.
Speaker 2: Him has now intersected with this forest reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely some kind of strange acceptance that Ben has come to here that seems to be connected to his past disassociation delusions and the forest. And it's also unclear whether he sees this as committing suicide, like he seems very calm about it. He seems like he knows what he has to do. And it is a very interesting interaction because for once, Misty does not kill someone. In fact, he actually asks her to kill him. He says, Missy, couldn't you just push me off the edge like.
Speaker 2: You've done so many times in the year person who kills people?
Speaker 3: Couldn't you just do that?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: And Misty actually have to say in once again we are Misty defenders here she uses her evil powers for good. She tells him, I'm gonna tell everyone that you were like creepy, that you were impregnated. Sure not, She's like she's trying, She's like, don't kill yourself, because then I will control the narrative.
Speaker 1: I will control the narrative.
Speaker 3: And she's like, and I'm gonna tell everyone you're gay, and that one He's actually like, i'd like you to do.
Speaker 1: That, Please do it.
Speaker 3: He knows in his heart that that was the one fuck up that he had made in his past he wished he could change, was that he didn't get to live out with his partner. But you know what, in the end, a non Merril Street performance. I do believe Misty was quite upset. Misty breaks down into tears and Coach Ben is like, actually, I'm not gonna kill myself, shocking you.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he was a Misty fan. But you know what, I think maybe we're seeing him come up out of the depths of despair he has been in and start to try and be a little bit more active in the cannibal cabin community, which I know has been hard for him. Yes it has, it's been hard, but this was also I will say, Missy's very lucky that this happened, because she absolutely would have got blamed for that murder even if she didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing you can't be around listen If you're around one dead body, it's an you know it happened, she felt, it's an accident. If you're around two, now the hard questions.
Speaker 3: Start, and the second one is somebody you already poisoned, you already tried, lest we not forget.
Speaker 2: I think at that point, uh, you know, the the benefit of the doubt evaporates quite quickly. Yeah, X ray vision will be back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: At Camp green Pine. Misty and Shawna have a little argument after Shawna tries to judge Misty about her panchan't for killing, and Misty rightfully points out that Shawna is also a murderer and not just that. But Shawna wouldn't have even gotten away with it if it wasn't for Misty. Shanna says, Misty doesn't take killing seriously. But Misty's like, actually, I was the only one who took your murder seriously enough.
Speaker 1: That's right. And thank you? Yeah I didn't get a thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where's my thank you? You never even thank me, You were never grateful for it. That's bad. It's classy Misty home truth. But yeah, can Misty face some home truth of her own? Before we get to that Shawna tells Lottie, I'm not going to kill the goat and not. He's like, bro, nobody said you have to kill it. Just look after the goat. The goat is innocent. If you look after the goat, maybe you start to look after yourself better. And this leads to like a massive revelation for Shaana where she kind of cries and Melanie Lynsky, Melanie Lynsky's at a high level, giving a great performance. Shauna basically just says, I've always kept Cally at arm's length because I thought she would die or I'd find out she wasn't even real, yeah, which is obviously exactly what happened to Shana in the forest. So it sounds like that trauma of the wilderness is really fucking her up. And I want to say, we always say it about Ty, but I'm saying it to you, Shauna, get some help, not just go to a therapist. Like that's very sad, and I wish that you and Callie can find a good, non in prison way of bonding before this all ends. Everyone's having great foods at Camp Green Pine Misty heads into the isolation tank, and I really love this because Misty is like terrified to face herself. She is sure that she is going to have a nightmarish time in the isolation tank, that she's gonna see all the terrible murders she's committed, or you know, have to deal with all the awful things that she's done. But instead she just enjoys a magnificent musical vision which features Walter dancing in a top hat a human version of her pet parrot Caligular. She's standing in front of like a very Twin Peaks lodge red curve.
Speaker 1: It was like big Lebowski.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dream Sequence meets Twin Peaks meets meets Altered States.
Speaker 3: And the only thing that even hints towards Misty's past is you get this really great illustration of the plane recorder that she smashed. You get a little syringe from all the people she's murdered driving through. But you know what, she's having a great time. She's laughing, Walter is doing a great little dance routine. And then you see Walter pull out a Garfield phone iconic. I still want one of those. I wanted when ever since I was a kid, And as the Internet so wonder Flea deciphered he writes in morse code as he is dialing, and you see it come up on the screen. I love you backwards. Thank you to those Internet sitters and detectives who found that out for us. Hilariously, Misty's only takeaway from her isolation is that Water loves her. She loves Walter, and they're gonna be like happily ever after together. So she calls him and tries to make up. Walter does not answer, but she leaves a very unhinged voicemail, which I loved. She even does a fake no you hang up, No, you hang up, she admits to Adam's murder over the phone.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 3: She's like, you know that thing you said? It's true. But will Walter get her message? We don't know because he didn't pick up. But you know what, it's not the only romance going down. Van and Tie they find each other in the candle lit groves of camp Pine. Why who put out all those candles in the woods? Seems dangerous, but you know what, it's romantic and they share an illicit kiss. Tis like it's going to be a long time so I can be in this and Van's like, bro, I can't wait for you literally.
Speaker 2: We don't don't have that, don't have waiting a few times, Sorry, don't.
Speaker 1: I've got it.
Speaker 3: I've got cancer. And it's not one of those good kinds of cancer where people are like, oh, it's so lucky you got this kind or oh we caught it just in time. No, remember how my mom died of cancer? Well now I got it and I got like months to live. And Tie is upset and I wants to know why she didn't call. But let's be real, it's because Tie sucks. But tis a terrible friend as adult, just not doing well.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Ty's wife is currently in hospital in a coma. Where is her son who?
Speaker 1: By the way, Tie put her in that coma.
Speaker 3: I put her in a coma.
Speaker 2: That's right, She's in a coma of ties making. And now Tie is off somewhere rekindling the the romance, her high school romance shockaches while her her partner, her legal partner, cole parent, lies in a coma that she put her in. Terrible stuff, terrible, heart warming scene.
Speaker 3: Heart warming scene, a terrible scene. So yeah, Lotti also has a breakthrough, and I want to say, this is a big we were right moment. Jason absolutely called this like what work last week? And Lotty's breakthrough is a terrifying one because Lotti is sitting with her therapist, who we mentioned seemed a little bit of us and as Jason pointed out, we learned this episode that she is not real. She gives her some very bad advice. We see her saying things to her like, is there anything of value in this life that doesn't come with risk? Lotti? She says, Lotti, what does self repression ever give us? Like, maybe the reason you want to see these women is because the feral part of you is and what he starts to suspect that something is up and then dun't dunt dune. The therapist transforms into the ant La Queen, who has been a rare sight this last two seasons, and she says, does a hunt that has no violence feed anyone? Before disappearing. So is this just a straight Lotty hallucination or is she being like manipulated by the wilderness and the Antler Queen into this kind of magical thinking about the girls and having them all there at Camp Green Pine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's some version of the latter. Obviously, I don't think we I think we're circling around it. Yeah, but I think it's pretty clear that whatever it is is coming from the outside and it's you know, there was a time listeners will remember not that long or we were pretty sure Lottie was behind in some former fashion moving this kind of stuff forward. But it's very clear that she is a victim of this like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will also say they said something interesting, which is that they seem to suggest that nobody really really remembers what happened exactly.
Speaker 3: That's about I was gonna I have a big so in an extremely bad friend move in my opinion. Van brings her bottle of boos to the sharing lord, and it seems very fair. It seems like they all try and encourage Natalie to drink, though I will say I think Natalie says no, so good for you, Natalie, But I was I was feeling mad about that. I didn't feel like that. Yes, I was like drinking and started showing her like it was.
Speaker 2: It was bad and then she's like, I have very serious addiction issues.
Speaker 1: Oh why don't you have a drink?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And Sean is like, oh, you aren't you a fuck? Up, like how you can't be telling us this, And I'm like, bro, you are bad friends. Like I'm not surprising Natalie ended up so fucked up. But Lottie, I will say in a rare responsible moments, and she's like, you gotta leave, like none of this is real, Like I'm hallucinating. But they're just like, now we're wasted. We want to get wasted. We want to have fun and drink and dance and just enjoy our life. And in an unbelievable moment which I actually had to watch, I had to rewind it to really check that they did this. But Misty almost kills the vibe by referencing the crash as you know that first summer.
Speaker 2: It was so funny, like a summer camp thing, right, and everyone's.
Speaker 3: Like what the fuck? Like no, and also like first summer, I'm like, did that happen to you? Again? Like what happened? But it does lead to that very big revelation that you were mentioning about when Nat asks everyone like how much do you actually remember about being there? And it seems like they don't really remember very much about being in the woods.
Speaker 2: Now this is a this is mind blowing to me. Because I always perceive the flashbacks as remembers.
Speaker 3: Yes, it feels like we and the way that the narrative has been structured and edited, we often learn things that feel very relevant to where the characters are in the modern day. So the fact that they sort of say, oh, for me, it's blurry or like I repressed it, and you know, Ty says, it feels like things have just been completely pulled out of her brain. That's very supernatural, leaning to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, s same here, which leads me, I guess these are just I mean again, I always thought that the flashbacks were their memories, but clearly they're not, and so I think we can take them. On the one hand, I think that the upside is we can take those a lot more seriously.
Speaker 3: A little bit more objective rather than unreliable narrators. But interestingly, also especially heading into the end of this season, then what will be season three whenever the writers strike is over. Who is showing them to us? And what is the purpose? How do these women try and navigate their lives with these memories of all the terrible things they did as girls? And Shawna does have the journals, and Shawna definitely knows a little bit more because she talks a lot about shame and the terrible things they did. But Natalie, Antie and Lotti, they all basically say that they don't really remember anything.
Speaker 1: I kind of related to this.
Speaker 2: I've been wondering if the Antler queen is not any one of them is a different entity altogether. Now, it might be a alter ego of Lotties. I think that that is.
Speaker 1: In that's in play.
Speaker 3: Or even an all ego of Ties. You know, we know Nighttime Tie is like a separate personality that.
Speaker 1: Is in the cards.
Speaker 2: But I also wonder if it's not a complete separate entity altogether. Yeah, And I am also wondering if, as with Tie, they are all kind of in various ways wrestling with their alter with their evil alter views. You know, obviously Tie is the one that's you know, most obviously in that kind of conflict, But I do wonder if the rest of them aren't having that kind of struggle, but just not perceiving it as a completely binary, different person that's inhabiting their body.
Speaker 3: No, I definitely could see that. I think that's something really interesting there, especially because of that theory we were talking about last week. About like the girls needing to come back together again to kind of like get rid of whatever, the dark thing that they brought back. That could definitely just be like a different part of that personality that they had to repress. And also I think that that and like Queen being a different person is actually really interesting because in the episode five, where at the end we see Natalie's vision where they're in the plane and she sees the the Antler Queen lift up the veil from pausing, that people discovered that she saw herself as the Antler Queen. I don't think Natalie's Antler Queen, but I do think that Antler Queen represents a role that maybe they played at different points. Maybe they all took that on, maybe that was something they did. Or as you said, could we know that Harvey had a friend who told him not to return to the camp. That could be the Antler Quin. She could be the one who runs those woods. You could be in a much more simple Witch style series. But I will say the end of this episode I think leans into one of our big really out their tin FOI hat theories, which is the like parallel timeline theory where things are happening at the same time. So the girls are talking and it seems like they're going to have a breakthrough, kind of this realization they don't really know stuff. But on Lotty's playlist, Lightning Crashes by Live starts to play in Van says, this is my favorite song if you like all these outrageously well selected needle drops. There is official Yellowjackets playlist on Spotify, and there's just so many good choices on there. So they begin to dance. Misty realizes that it's snowing, and they start to kind of have this party, and it seems like really good bonding, this freedom between them. But in the past, kid, Misty starts humming the song, and that to me is because of what comes next. It seems unlikely to me that they would connect that song to something.
Speaker 1: Good right in the future. Why would you do that?
Speaker 3: But there's this idea that those things could be happening at the same time, and the song is almost kind of leaking through that ethera between the two timelines is very interesting to me. So Misty hams a song Shorn freaks the fuck out. She's like, where did you hear that? Why are you singing that? And then she's like you killed my baby. She slaps Misty. She's biting van like her rage is just it's overflowing at this point, and Lotty as the marta that she is, She turns to Shauna. Shauna punches her in the face. Lotty wipes her nose. She tells Harvey and Travis to leave, says Travis, take Harvey to the bedroom. Doesn't want to see this, and she tells Shawna, you want to get this rage out. We need you here, not like this. We need you here present. We need you here in a way that you can help us. We need you. You survived, the baby didn't survive. You need to be here. So Shauna understands the very bleak implications of this and just beats the shout of Lotty. It is I so brutal.
Speaker 2: To the point where I'm watching this and going on, I don't how does she live through There's no medical care out there. I'm like, you could die from this.
Speaker 3: I felt like so they I think they know where we're all at with fan theories and everything right, because it is so bad that when Shauna rolls off of Lotty, Lotty looks dead. The prosthetics are unbelievable. Her face is just absolutely swollen and cut, and Lotty didn't she never fought back. This scene made me cry because it one, it's very intense, but also there is this unbelievably weird, emotional self sacrifice that Lotty is taking here and she just takes it. It's it's really just upsetting to watch, and you think you think Lotty's dead, and Shauna shakes her and and I felt like they would probably leave it there, and that's your cliffhanger, but it's Lotti, she'd probably magic. She takes this kind of staggering breath just before it cuts to black, and spits blood from between her broken teeth, and Shauna goes outside and ices her bleeding knuckles, and it's just incredibly bleak stuff. And you'd think that that was where the episode would end because it was so horrific and shocking and you sort of can't really take any more. But no, the show still wants you to have an anxiety attack, still wants Shanna to have an anxiety attack, wants to leave you as on edge as possible. So Jeff brilliant. Another brilliant Jeff moment. He calls Camp Green Pine and very aware that his phone may be buggd good.
Speaker 1: This is a good day God call by Jeff, very.
Speaker 3: Good call by Jeff. He says hey Seana, and Shawna, in a good mum moment, says, how's Cally? Did something happen? No, hey, Shawna, So some bad news. Remember that guy that you got into a crash with and he was missing and the police were interested in him. Well, it turns out they found his remain Remember him, Adam. We don't have anything to do with it, but you know it sounds like they found him in this park. Uh cool, have a good trip by incredible and that's the end of the episode. So Adam's remains on now in play.
Speaker 2: Guys, I feel like we got some, as you mentioned, some really good evidence for either the either the present timeline is happening first or they're happening at the same time, and these are two versions of the same people who are being informed by the events in the other time.
Speaker 3: Very lupers like somehow the time there is a correlation between what is happening in both timelines. I'm so interested. There is two episodes left of this season. We have ended up in an outrageous situation where we have two episodes left of this and two episodes of Succession. I don't know how they're gonna wrap it up.
Speaker 1: I have zero ability to call this one.
Speaker 3: I could not make a bet. I would not be on market moves.
Speaker 1: Both shows, honestly, both shows.
Speaker 3: I would love to know. I mean, there was that great video that you shared in our like pre pro chat where it was the guy who plays Carl from Succession and he's like, you will never guess. He's like, whatever you think you might know about the way it's gonna end, you will never guess.
Speaker 1: David rash, We'll have the will have the link to that.
Speaker 3: Video because it's very good.
Speaker 2: In the show notes, yeah, he says you may think that you can predict it, but you never will, which leads me to believe that everything that we have guessed at.
Speaker 3: Is completely wrong. Yeah, I know. And I feel like Succession has that tendency too. I mean Yellow Jackets has that potential too, where there's so much that they have to do in two episodes. They have to wrap certain things up, but they also have to set up conflict for the third season. They have to give us a certain amount of answers, so that people will stay invested, but they also have to leave us with a lot of questions. So it's going to be a really interesting next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be incredible up next nerd Out.
Speaker 3: In today's nerd Out, way you tell us what you love them, why, or a theory that you're excited to share, Nick shas a bloody yellow Jackets theory.
Speaker 2: Nick says this came to mind hearing your theory that Shawna's nosebleed landing on the symbol related to the birds falling to their deaths. Misty suggests it is related to the iron in the ground. What is known for its iron content blood, which we have been seeing a lot of symbolism around. Could that be the link. Also, when you're pregnant, like Shawna, you also need more iron than normal.
Speaker 1: Could be part of.
Speaker 2: A supernatural explanation for some of the strange happenings as the show progresses. But this might not explain the significance of the symbol. Do the symbols point to iron rich or light areas or something. Okay, that's probably a stretch, but still, Nick, this is very interesting.
Speaker 3: This is very interesting.
Speaker 2: I have been thinking more and more about the symbols, and I now this is based on nothing other than our own navel gazing, but I have been trying to decipher the symbol as a kind of pictorial representation of intersecting timelines.
Speaker 1: You have like one timeline coming in this way, other ones coming.
Speaker 2: In this way, and then they all meet in the middle somehow Is that it? I don't know, but seeing that symbol, like, let me ask you this. This is going back in episode there's that pull out shot of Lotties cult camp and we see that the chairs and this outdoor kind of arena are are set up in the shape of the symbol.
Speaker 1: Do you think she did that on purpose?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean she they actually I noticed this week and they they actually use they have little symbol like necklaces with the symbol on if they're in her cult. So I think that leans into Lotty's idea that it's some kind of protection. But how much does she realize that could be happening on like a grander scale at the cult I'm very interested in. I also think this theory is interesting because I feel like the symbol is something they have to answer this season. Yes, and the iron thing is interesting because Lottie says that the symbol is for protection and in like medieval folklore and also like fantacy, iron is always something that was used against magic or to protect against witches and stuff. So maybe there's something in there with the blood and the iron content and kind of how that may be impacting the girls. Though I will also I do think both of us have moved away from the more logical explanations that we used to think, like that is it an iron rich area and they're hallucinating based on what they're eating out of the ground, like is it an army base. I still think I would be very surprised if that was the route they went at this point, because I feel like they're doing so much supernatural adjacent work. Though I will say this is I think it would be a stretch, and I think they would have to really commit to it in a very deep and serious way that would probably take a whole season. I do think there is a version of this show where it's just about the impact of trauma and there's actually nothing supernatural and there's nothing weird. It's just how they experience that terrifying time and how that kind of bleeds into their daily life now. But I think that would be almost you'd have to take almost like a barrier level switch to be able to explain that away. I feel like.
Speaker 2: Thinking about the iron and this, you know, one of the things I've been wondering. There's, you know, in fairy folklore, in various various cultures that have like fairy folklore, Like one of the facets of fairy folklore is that they'll throw this huge feast and a party for people, and if you eat their wonderful food, then all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: You be you Yeah, like Greek mythology too, Yeah, who eats the pomegranate? You know, you end up trapped in the world of the dead.
Speaker 2: And I you know, I don't know if a fairy thing is going on, but it does feel like, certainly with the imagery around the initial cannibal incident, it does feel like they they have eaten of this magical feast and now are trapped somehow.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it feels I increasingly think it has to be.
Speaker 1: It just has to be supernal.
Speaker 3: I think so too. And also, if we're going back to the symbol, I think you could say the symbol does look like a fairy, the dress with all the different things coming out of it. I would I would love for them to do. I love like hard fantasy stuff like that. There's this great series of books by Holly Black setting like the World of the Fayfolk, and that taught me a lot about those kind of rules and things like you know, iron being used to repel fairies. And I would absolutely love if they did like a big swing like scary that Antler queen is a fairy and this was them kind of taking part in this feast of the fee who eat who do eat? Humans who have this terrifying kind of thing, and they are now part of that world and kind of partially half in half out of that world. Would also work as a kind of version of our final destination theory, where they're basically stuck in between two worlds and are being hunted down by something from both. I'm in now, that's it, Yellow Jackets, Fairy Show, that's my, I'm into it, that's my that's my headcanon. Now it's all fairies.
Speaker 1: Thanks so mutching it.
Speaker 3: If you have theories and passions you want to share, hit us up xtraight at cricket dot Com instructions in the show notes.
Speaker 1: That's it for us, Rosie any plugs, plug.
Speaker 3: PU plus plus plus. You can find me here twice a week. You can find me at Rosie Marks, on letterbox and Instagram. I have a really cool newsletter that I run called Rosie Recommends, where I recommend core stuff. And once again, as I will be doing I'm sure we will be doing until the end of the strike, which does not look like it is in view anytime soon, I am saying support the WGA. Jason is a member. These are the people who make these shows that we love. These are people who enable us to go on these incredible journeys and for a lot of us, there's something that we would want to join one day too. We want to tell those stories and they're fighting for us. You can join the picket lines. They shared the picket lines for this week on their social media WGA and East and WGA West and Yeah support. You can support the Entertainment Community Fund to help writers who are currently on strike and not earning money. And you can share posts, share social media posts, share news, let people know that you support the people who make these shows.
Speaker 2: Catch the next episode of x Ray Vision on Friday, May nineteenth, we're going to be discussing video games. If you're anything games either of us. Your ability to be a productive member of society has taking a major release of Legend of the Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom, which is currently entrancing millions hundreds of millions around.
Speaker 1: The globe, Star Wars Jedi Survivor.
Speaker 2: When we're talking about the upcoming release of Diablo four, we're gonna talking about all the games we're playing.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about Dead Island two, We're gonna be talking about oh yeah, that we are playing right now. It's a great time for video.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to actually add a plug. If you are someone who's like, oh, I really want to play Zelder. I have a Switch, but it's seventy dollars. Guess what If you are part of Nintendo Switch Online, which I'm guessing most people are because you need it to play online, you can buy game vouchers that allow you to buy two games for fifty dollars each. That costs like one hundred bucks, but you can buy any games and it means that they cost fifty dollars, so you can get twenty dollars off. Legend is out of ten of the Kingdom. Obviously, only spend your game voucher on a game that costs fifty dollars up, but for Zelda, that's a big change because this is one of our first ever sixty nine to ninety nine games, and it's worth every penny.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to us on YouTube, where you can watch full episodes of the show and check out our discord to meet and hang out with tons of amazing fans and listeners.
Speaker 1: Plus Rosie and I were there. We're discussing, We're doing it you, We're doing all of that.
Speaker 3: Five star ratings five five bye.
Speaker 1: Fine, we gotta have him. You gotta give them to us.
Speaker 2: Here is one from tandy tea yeay, you.
Speaker 1: Guys are great. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate a long thing about how great this pot has then felt weird and deleted it and posted this is fifteen out of ten recommend thank.
Speaker 3: You, tell you, relatable, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Xtra Vision is a Crooked Media production.
Speaker 2: This show is produced by Chris Lord and Soul room In and executive produced by.
Speaker 1: Me hey Son.
Speaker 2: Text You and our editing met sound design is by Zillis Fortapols. Video production by Dylan Lenueva and Rachel Kayeski. Social Media by Awa Oklati and Caroline Johnny. Thank you to Brian Basquez for ourthemis.
Speaker 1: See y'all next time.