Speaker 1: This vander Pump Rules. That's on the TV throw back.
Speaker 2: That's a that's the old I always used to think it was like a holiday, young people trying to shag each other, and then an elderly woman walking gog what you kids like?
Speaker 1: And then that's literally you.
Speaker 2: Show boy, stop it, get along.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the bonus episode of the Give Them All A Podcast, we have your favorite comedian, Jim Jeffries. I don't know. I'm I'm glad I didn't work out today. I know it sounds cheesy, but literally my stomach cards. So thank you for that because I I've been needing my cup to be filled and you did that anyway.
Speaker 2: No, what makes me laugh. That's why I've got a belly.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You doing right with me a bit more. I'll get better. You're not an ad workout. You can work me cobs, so I like that.
Speaker 3: I don't I can get you to do that.
Speaker 2: I say something you got away with that.
Speaker 1: On the topic of you hosting The Snake on Fox and it's also streaming on Hulu Tuesdays. I love by the way, YEP comes out on Tuesdays and again you can stream it stream it Wednesdays Yeah, that's where I go because I'm a binge watcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, me too. For the writings is better if they watch you have any thing, But I'm a uli. You can watch it in a few episodes at a time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I can't be left on like that cliffhanger for a week.
Speaker 2: It's sometimes when you go back to regular TV, you can't time your ships, can you know? You know what I mean? Like I used to be able to time an advert break, but I've lost that skill. I've lost that skill. I come back, I'm like, who's the snake? Missed everything?
Speaker 4: Miss Like when you're back in the day, when like the break was going, somebody went into the kitchen.
Speaker 3: It makes negs somebody was peeing, and then you just.
Speaker 2: Hear it's back, and then you.
Speaker 3: Don't even wipe that well and then give you.
Speaker 2: Then give you a little recap after the ad because your might have forgotten something. What's happened just about two minutes ago? They said this thing that you listened to already, we gotta say it again, brilliant.
Speaker 1: With all of the things that become easier, it actually becomes more complex. True, That's what I'm saying. So I asked my friends on Instagram to tell us a time that they've had to do something snaky, tell a lie to get ahead. Now I'm going to tell you a time that I lied to get something that I wanted. It is not good. So I have this dog, Lily, and we ordered an uber and I didn't realize that the uber did not allow dogs in their uber. So it was me and two friends and the dog. And when he arrives, he tells me, no dog, I have sunglasses on. So I pretended to be blind and Lily was my seeing eye dog. I was drinking. I was drinking heavily.
Speaker 2: Rich would have added to it because you would have bumped into things totally.
Speaker 3: You're playing the part.
Speaker 1: Well, it was very believable. I feel very guilty. I did talk about it when I got sober on things that I did intoxicated that I was not proud of.
Speaker 2: Now did you did you do blind esque things? Like? It made me felt so the drive or what what ethnicity was? He?
Speaker 1: I couldn't even tell you, Well, you were.
Speaker 2: Blind, very good, You're very good, very good. That's how this game, that's how you win this game. Like like I was going to suggest, like if he was a white guy. Listen, African American man and then you go on, this woman's definitely blind.
Speaker 1: And maybe.
Speaker 2: You can't tell from the voice, but he raises my wife terribly from the voice.
Speaker 3: I have to live with that, I guess.
Speaker 2: Close close your eyes now, I'm going to talk to you. How are you going? Are you going good?
Speaker 1: What? What color am I?
Speaker 2: You're wrong? I I have bits of Scottish in me. I have some irisky. I'm a white guy, yeah.
Speaker 3: Very Caucasian.
Speaker 1: How do you feel on a level of one to ten about my snake skills?
Speaker 2: That that is pretty underhanded being blind? I'll tell you. Okay, do you know the commedian Jimmy Carr?
Speaker 1: No? Do you Jimmy?
Speaker 3: If I were to see so many he's the English guy.
Speaker 2: He speaks like this, I don't know, and he does a lot of the races. Jimmy is one of my very good friends. We just toured Canada together where we did a double headline thing. We did like arenas or ice hockey arenas and stuff. Because he's on a lot of British TV, which is having Canada and of stuff. Jimmy's a roast comic right and he's sitting in the plane. He's like in a two sitting on the plane, and I'm behind him right, and each person who walks, I'm like, oh my god, Jimmy cah, Oh my god, Jimmy cah, Oh my god, Jimmy came and meets him and then comes down and sits next to him. Is a blind woman. So the only person on the plane who doesn't know who he is sits down next to him. She's got a guy dog and she gets in like this, and I see him actually turn through it and he goes. She goes, what breed of dog is that? And she goes, Oh, it's a She goes, it's a German shepherd. He goes, is that what they told you? He's always funny and she laughed. But I thought to myself, we're bout me in a three hour flight. That's a risky fucking joke if it doesn't land early on. But then you know what you do. You just go, I'm gonna go sit in another seat and you go clip clock like that, and then he shut.
Speaker 3: The If there's one thing I learned, you have to say it wind loser. Maybe it has to be said.
Speaker 2: So good you did good.
Speaker 1: It was a good one.
Speaker 2: I think it was good. But what if they recognized you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't on TV at that point in time.
Speaker 2: Oh, nor would you be with that information?
Speaker 1: I would not. It would have been canceled before I even know.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you were the blonde go with the twenty three so you were main to the disabled.
Speaker 1: Next, have you ever lied about something to get ahead teach?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Me and Aaron when we had our painting company.
Speaker 1: Oh what did you do?
Speaker 4: We lied and said we'd been in business for over five years so we could do the parade of homes.
Speaker 3: Oh do I regret it?
Speaker 2: Not at all? Oh. I definitely lie when I moved to England about how much stand up comedy I've done so I could see it some more open because it was back in the days before the internet. I was like a huge commit give me a bit of stage time as long as I had the business. The lie that I always think about in my life is, and of course I'm like several times and you know everyone has. But there was one for my childhood where there was there was transformers. There was these two transformers actually machine men back in the day, which is the knockoff version of transformers. They were competing transformers versus machine. My mother brought my brother a train that converted into a man, and I had a motorcycle where the arms moved down and the blad and you put the tire in. I was in the I had the toy and I just had it, and I had it for about ten minutes. I was trying to fit the wheeling and his arm just snapped off like this, and I was like, oh, I'm in a world of trouble. My mother was a very angry person. We get very youngry. I was like, oh no, little did I know as when I became an adult, the toy that would have been worth like ten bucks, right, but I thought I might as well just throwing gold down the toilet, right, So I break this thing and I'm just I'm just sitting in there panicking. Oh god, fuck, I know, I'm in so much trouble. And so I've gone and sat in my room. I'm about I've about seven or something. My brother's maybe eleven or something, and I'm sitting in my room just oh, I'm understeing, knowing I'm going to get a whooping, right I am, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get beaten for this one, right, right, So I've broken this bucking thing and I'm just sitting there. My brother comes in. He comes in with his train because he just come home from school, right. He comes in with the training, goes, what one did you get? I got a train? What one's your one? And I said, just get out of here, just like you know, just get like this, And in a split second, I just went like this, Mom, Scott broke my toy. And I just said it. Scott broke my toy. And he just looked at me like what like that? Right? And I just looked at him and just shrugged my shoulders. Here we go. He said he hadn't done it, So Mom kept on hitting him because he was lying. Mum kept on beating him up because he was lying. And then and then Mum made him give me his toy and apologize to me, right, and he went, I'm really sorry for Frank. He got beaten so much was he had to know he had to confess, right, And he went there he gags, I'm sorry about this thing. Say to this day, I can't fucking watch Transformers. My son puts it on and I'm like, nah, I can't like this. So for years and years I always have a terrible conscience, and my years and years were watching fressed up. I fashed up about four years later, or maybe when I was like thirteen, I I I believe the life. For years, I was like this, not you broke it. And sometimes in so quieter moments, me and my brother, who got along for the most part, we'd be watching TV, and then you go, admit it. It's just out of nowhere. You did this. You broke the fucking transform broke it. Maybe it wasn't you, but it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Maybe was asked, what toy you got, right?
Speaker 1: Please? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I regret that. I regret that that was a life lesson, though I haven't done that with another toy.
Speaker 1: Since that's good, that's great, that is hysterical.
Speaker 2: At least I didn't act like I was fucking disabled, swings aroundabouts, fucking I'm not a terrible person.
Speaker 3: You did get your brother, yeah, like anybody.
Speaker 2: He got me in trouble several He did similar the things several times over the years, but he hadn't well. A lot of the times he did in the future, he said, was because of the machine men, and I remember I used to try to play with that train.
Speaker 3: You never felt good about it.
Speaker 1: That is a five star story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you put it up, my brother will post it on his Instagram. I think he'd like a public record of this.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And then years later, years later, so she beat the thing and then I passed up to it. So I thought, I'll do the right thing all the way through, and I went, Mom, remember that time you beat up Scott over the transformer. I was the one who actually broke the toy. And my mom went, why are you boys worrying about that? That was but a year.
Speaker 5: Water under the bridge that one?
Speaker 2: Is he doing all right? Today's fine way, good man. I'll tell him tonight. We played Call of Juty every night together, like you know, because it's early in the morning for him and not for me, so we probayed a little half hour coll of JH. So I'll tell him to he'll be You'll be chapped with that, but he'll be made up with that evil love.
Speaker 1: That story that made my day. Caitlin Woodford said, experience on a resume, forever scheming on a resie. Fake it till you make it, baby. There's a lot of people use I couldn't do it as you. Like when I wanted to be an actress, the biggest thing was don't lie on a resume, Like if you say, if you're gonna say your special talents are like horseback riding, you better be fucking great at it, right. And then I come out to LA and everyone's lying about what they can do on all.
Speaker 2: About their special activities.
Speaker 1: They yes, sure, yeah, but I was told from like the time I started acting class at twelve to not do that. And then I come out here everyone's been doing it everything and I'm booking nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I look, when you're a comedian who goes into acting, it's your resume is pretty people know who you are before you come into I find the biggest problem for me is because whenever I gets I said in an audition last week, American accent, and I can coach for it, and I can practice it, and I can get it to be passable and all that type of stuff. But because I'm so synonymous with being me, you go into the audition, they can tell that they're trying to nitpick when they hear you. Anthony Paglia, who's like a very famous actor. One Tony Awards and Emmys and stuff like that. He was going to play my dad in a sitcom and he said, and he's Australian and the sitcom never happened because of COVID, but he was going to be my dad. And not many people even know he has an Australian accent because when he started out of acting, he'd go in for auditions and if he did, if he came in said good day, here you're going and then went all right, let's do the scene right, then people would go they try to Nick Pick, and they wouldn't know the area of the country that he came from, and so he would go in as a bloke from Boston. Whatever they were, he would go in as that person already, so that it gave him mind you. On my sitcom Legit many years ago, we had DJ calls. DJ caused the skinny guy out of road Trip no matter of hustle and flow. You've seen him, seen him in many things. DJ played a person with muscular distrophy in my sitcom. I came from a person in my real life that had muscular distrophe that I was I am. My best friend's brother had it and we took We took him to a brothel. That's how the story case. But he loves you guys. There was a girl there pretending to be blind anyways. Anyway, so anyway, so so he he came. We had all these like there is an argument with disabilities as well, that people shouldn't play disabled if they haven't got the disabilities. All the kid from Glee being in a wheelchair who's not really in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Wow, I just learned that just now, right, But I'll.
Speaker 2: Put him in one if I ever see with musket distribute. So we tried to. If you watch that sitcom, we had so many every other actor was disabled, every other actor in the scene. I'm very proud of that. We had all the disabled actors. Even in one scene. You had to have a care for every two disabled actors. And we needed one scene that had so many disabled actors. I went, I went to the agency who has all the disabled actors and said, I said, give them all to me, right, I want them all. I want them all, give them all. We need to play. We were doing a home. I said, I need to populate a whole home. I said, I want to give every disabled actor in Los angeles work this weekend this week right, and we did and they went. But we only have three handlers and they can only handle two at a time, so we can only ever floy six disabled actors in LA at a time. Another lie, I'm legally allowed to do it. And then we just we just bullshit it and we had all that we had, like thirty disabled actors. Was it?
Speaker 1: Did it go splendidly?
Speaker 2: It was like hurting cats, But but it was good and there was a lovely vibe and the thing. What was my point? Oh, there were some actors who came to audition for the Musca distriphe character who came into the audition disabled. Oh, and they weren't. I found out afterwards. I there was one bloke that I helped out of the fucking room, picked up and walked him out of the fucking room. I thought he had severe cerebral palsy. There was nothing wrong with him, and he was just in character.
Speaker 3: Jim Jeffery is carrying.
Speaker 2: I should have known when I put him in the driver's seat. But that's life. I'm a giving person.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Kim Harper underscore, I said I won't nag my husband and then I got a Cardia bracelet, you said, Because she didn't. She promised, I will never nag you again, and he was like, okay, if you promise, and then he got her a Cardia bracelet. So she lied, still nags him, just with Cardier on her.
Speaker 2: How do you know she still nags?
Speaker 1: They could be divorced now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the thing is it would be you would have to take it back. If there's nagging, you can go take it back. And then if she goes like this, when am I getting it? You're married? What do you mean it's a gift of this. My wife wears a Rolex. I went to put on a Rales and it was missing links, it didn't fit around my wrist and I was like, what the fuck? And it's just married people. Yeah, good for you, married people. So yeah, I want to see that blake walking around with his Cardiir bracelet going not not She told me to the bins out too many times.
Speaker 1: So I'm taking it back. I'm taking it back, but we're you going to put it in the share drawer.
Speaker 2: What is the difference between nagging and asking?
Speaker 1: I think it's the tone.
Speaker 2: Do you consider yourself to be a nagger?
Speaker 1: You know, I wouldn't know because I've never had a productive relationship.
Speaker 2: So you maybe.
Speaker 3: Glad that somebody could point it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can't all be all their faults. Sooner or lady, you have to look in the mirror.
Speaker 4: And go, maybe this is my joke, and you're the only person that has told her that, and she'll take that advace.
Speaker 2: You're lying on your emotional resume.
Speaker 1: You know what, Hey, that I needed that.
Speaker 2: To under special skills s l M dunk.
Speaker 1: My ex husband thought all of my jewelry was Cubic Zirconia's when we got divorced, and I let him.
Speaker 2: So she so she could cape all the different things.
Speaker 1: I think she's a smart bitch.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with a little white lie. What do you mean I'm going to tell my wife that child's a cabbage patch doll to get custody.
Speaker 1: Told my current boss I had a job offer for more money, so he would pay me what I wanted. I feel like that's a common thing. This one is. Nicole La said she told her current boss that she had a job offer for more money so he would pay what she wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bluff. The people do that with you know, if you're trying to sell a car. I know another bike story offered me that, you know what I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's more of a bluff than like a snake.
Speaker 2: It's a I think that's more than I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: I think we all do that in our.
Speaker 2: Day to day and also and also if like you can call people's but they could have backfired on it, so risk reward, right, Yeah, So then the boss goes, fine, go take that job, and then you're like, ah, I'll just stay here, just better parking spot. Yeah, I see.
Speaker 1: If I know, something's got to be set in stone for me to like bring in the heavy artillery, like I'm not unless we have something to fall back on, because you never know, you never fucking know. Told my boss I was sick and needed a shot. I really was sick from work and needed a shot of tequila.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all called in sick, all of us. Everyone's sick. You know what ruined so.
Speaker 1: Far, I'm winning the sneak game.
Speaker 2: You know what ruined calling in sick? Bloody camera phones. Back in the day, you could all be dressed up in your beach outfit, ready to go. Just get on the phone. I'm just not feeling well. Now you got to get a box of tissues and make up around your nose.
Speaker 1: And oh wait, I did that too. I didn't want to go to English class for like the seventeenth day in a row. So I went to school after the fact and put makeup around my eye to make it look like I got in a fight and couldn't make it to school.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just okay, say okay? I had I had one. So I was feeling really sleepy. I woke up one morning and I felt really sleepy, and I thought, I'll have the day off school. Always the best, right, sit at home, watch Star Wars do nothing.
Speaker 1: Way better than a day chill from school is way better than a weekend.
Speaker 2: You got the house to yourself, no one's there. You're like happy as Larry. You think I'm going to get some tissues around me for when mum gets back. And so I had banked off school, right, I'd wagged off school, and I was having a sick day. And then I thought the next day, I thought to myself, do I dare because maybe I'm not over this illness.
Speaker 1: Maybe make sure for the other kid.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll take a second day this thing, this thing seems to be lingering, and then I wake up. I was a bit tired. The next morning. I thought, what what trouble could I get into? Let's go for three, right, But my mother had if you made it to three, she had sort of a policy that was like, all right, well now you have to go to the doctors, right. So I went to the doctors and I'm there. I'm like, I've played me hand here. I'm at the double and so I was sitting there, he goes, what symptoms you got? Like, ah, A bit tired, a bit this, a bit that, Yeah, just not feeling me best and all this type of stuff. Right, And so he goes, We'll have to do some blood work, and I'm like, I feel like today, Like today I'm on the mend, like I'm on the I'm in I'm going in the right direction, even though I'm not healthy per se. Anyway, So now he's pulling blood out of my arm and I'm not sick, and I'm like, he's getting blood out of me anyway. The blood tests come back I had mono blandela fever. That's why I was tired all the time. I wasn't lying.
Speaker 1: Feeling ever I was like, yes, now you get more da So how many days did you really get home that six months after that?
Speaker 2: No, I got to have like a day off every couple of weeks because it makes you tired. And it's the kissing disease, isn't it? First girl I kissed?
Speaker 1: Though people are kissing all the time and not getting mono anymore? Is it only like pre pewbas it's teenagers.
Speaker 2: Teenagers get it. It's a teenagery type thing and you only get at once in your life.
Speaker 1: But why is it a teenagery thing?
Speaker 2: Because you do too much tongue as a kid, isn't it you learn to you learn to settle down on the tongue as you get older in the teen age striding suck on it?
Speaker 1: Infection?
Speaker 2: Who's the Snake?
Speaker 1: You? Every Tuesday on Fire.
Speaker 3: Every Tuesday streaming on Hulu next day.
Speaker 2: Look, I tell you can have Jeff Proost on the show from Survivor and he won't tell you a story about the Transformers or no, no, he'll be all level with you. Oh we don't want that.
Speaker 1: That's hard. I like when I do podcasts. I like feeling like it's a conversation piece.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's so many podcasts now, and it's the wild West of media because like radio, half of these things we couldn't have done, or they'd be hidden. Dump buttons on us, right right, it's good.
Speaker 1: It is good.
Speaker 2: It's good because the only people who are angry I guess. I don't know if people listening with their kids in the car, aren't they?
Speaker 1: I think people know what that did she call?
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see.
Speaker 1: Why don't we try one more time to stop being a bloody you give.
Speaker 2: Her a call if if she sees both of us, because she tried to call me. I got a miss call, I got missed call. I got a miss cool and and and and the thing is, and the thing is, I know what she's doing.
Speaker 1: She's at restaurant.
Speaker 2: Her and Gordon are like this. They're like this, I'll beat you all restaurants. I'll beat your restaurant. And then God, have you seen Gordon's news show where she is just act like you know me for crying out loud? I love you too. Where's God? He must he must know us.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. Where's Gordon? Where is he?
Speaker 2: That would be you reckon? He's just in there grunting right now?
Speaker 1: You donkeys behaving? Oh he is so funny. I can't breathe. And then he told me that he knows you super well, and I said, we have to call her. I tried, you just started shooing.
Speaker 2: I love him. Have you met?
Speaker 1: Yes, she's right here, right behind the camera. It's so exciting. All right, we'll go film your commercial. The eye is great. I would love to see you. I love you. I don't want to hold you up a few days, all right, and I can't wait to join.
Speaker 2: All right? Is that? I like that? Do you want to come to dinner with Lisa? Let's all do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Where we going? Where's where's your favorite spot to go?
Speaker 2: And I'm coming? Wait? No, no, no, kids, please?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 2: How long you had dread books? Full?
Speaker 3: Two and a half years now?
Speaker 1: He gets a lot of heat for his dreadlocks. How do you feel about them?
Speaker 2: Look, he's a white guy. It's quite essentially it's dirty hair when you're right, but I have curls.
Speaker 1: He does have great hair.
Speaker 2: You get rid of it. I look, I can't grow one. I couldn't grow a dreadlock except for my big toe. There seems to be a lot of hair, and.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: I'll put a sock on and it'll snag them.
Speaker 1: You guys, I'm repulsed by all this. Yeah, probably, I'm glad I nag because if that's what I have to. If the man is his long dreaded toes, gross, well he.
Speaker 2: Gets to look at him. If I sit with my feet together, it's like back in, it's like belt grow. Then two of them sit together. I try to get up on a trip over.
Speaker 1: I love all of this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if I got like this big toe doesn't have as much hair on it is this one. So what I do is I put this one next to it and then I comb it over so it looks like they both.
Speaker 1: Is that one of your bits stage?
Speaker 2: Honestly think that's my stand up.
Speaker 3: You could say anything in it, and I like, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Try home.
Speaker 1: I can't. Okay, that was a great bonus episode. We're already done. I be sticking around. Yeah, we're easy.
Speaker 3: Uh you guys, there was more.
Speaker 2: Huh I could do this will day.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to another episode of the Give Them La La Podcast. The Bonus episode with Jim Jeffries Catch the Snake on Tuesdays on Fox. You can stream it the next day on Hulu and go to Jim Jeffries dot com to see where you're.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're Jim Jeffries' Needs.
Speaker 1: You're Jim jeffries Needs. Thank you again, I appreciate you. We'll catch y'all next week