Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Man, what a game? What a game?
Speaker 2: Oh show the Atlanta Falcons go on the road and pull it off. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Oak Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite number eighty five if y'all know him right Runner extraordin there Liberty Cities Own went to Samo Ju Cops Oregon State. Then he went to cut his teeth at the Cincinnati Bengals as an All Pro Pro Bowl player.
Speaker 3: That's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 1: That's me, that's me, that's me do.
Speaker 3: It's another favorite. Guys.
Speaker 2: Please hit that subscribe button, Please hit that like button and go join. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts you count. Thank you so much for the support that you've given us for over a year. You've helped us reach leaps and bounds. We didn't even think possible this fast and oho and I want it sincerely, and all of the entire Nightcap Fruit want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, you can go to our e commerce site and we'll ship it directly to your door. We have it in stock so the weight will be minimal. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty for with eighty four being spelled out. We have tea's like the Nightcap tea o Cho's favorite saying you know, hey, stay with me now, and a few others. The link is pinned at the top of the chat o cho. The game was very, very exciting. The Falcons come back.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. The game was very exciting. The game, No, the game was very lack luster the first, second and third quarter. The game didn't become exciting until it got to the fourth. But go ahead, I'm baby.
Speaker 2: The Falcon beat the Eagles twenty two to twenty one. Drake London touchdown puts Atlanta ahead late. Atlanta won an absolute stunner of a ball game. We thought it was over.
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 2: Gardner Johnson makes an unbelievable stop on b Jon Robinson stops him in the hole and he says, you know what, Nah, don't even worry about it. Falcon says, Okay, we're gonna keep y'all out of the end zone. They get the ball back, go right back down the field. Eagles fans now, last week when y'all went on Green Bay, y'all was in Brazilia, y'all won. I said, Oh, Joe, I'm still I'm not sold on that defense. I say, I see some things I don't like, Ojo. I'm not saying, oh hater you hating again? Oh meet riding, Oh meet, riding up.
Speaker 3: Y'all. See what y'all.
Speaker 2: Fail to realize is Ocho and I have two and a half decades of what Playing the game, Yes, breaking the games down, watching the games. The difference between Ocho and I and most people that do what I do. You watch the game, Yay, they scored a touchdown. Yeah, they got a sack. My job is to go deeper. I need to know why they scored. I need to know how they got that sack. So when I come up here and I sit before you, I can give you things. I don't got no dog in the fight. I don't have to know anybody on the eagle side. Raheem Morris came by. He was great shot down on when we was on the tour. Oho gave us fifteen minutes of his time. Greatly appreciate that. I know Arthur Blake a little bit. Yes, I have his number. I'm cool with mister Blake. I don't bother that man. I don't ask him for tickets. But he just thought it'd be good. We used to go to the same gym, used to train with the same pilates teacher. I just throw that out there. But Ojo, when I watched it. I said, Oh, Joe, I ain't sold them the Eagle's defense. I told you that last week. I said, I'm not sold Ojo, I said, because that back in it scares me. And they can't consistently generate pressure. They let the hassan ready go, let's retire. Brandon Graham is good, but he's getting a little long in the tooth. I said, oh, cho, they're not consistently generating pressure, and you can run on them. Whoa, whoa shout the stop hating you starting off the season hating already what y'all got to say about now?
Speaker 3: Y'all want to talk about anything but.
Speaker 1: See but we got it once.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what they need to do, what adjustments they need to make with Jordan Davis, I mean, Joey, Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter up there with those the hemus of a man of young men that should be constant pressure every time. Actually, nobody, based on what they have at the front line, should really be able to run the goddamn ball. No, just just thinking thinking about those two right there, clogging up the middle. It shouldn't be nobody running the ball at all. But for some reason if b John Robinson is also a special back as well, he's a special But when thinking about the game, to me, obviously it was born. If you watched the first in the second quarter, it was a snooze fest. It was a snooze fest. It did not get exciting until the end of the game, which always happens in a low scoring game for some reason like this, it gets.
Speaker 1: Great at the end. Now the game was sealed and dealed and done.
Speaker 5: If sae Quon could have caught that ball, gotten that first down, then you could run the clock out because you already picked up the first.
Speaker 2: Just run the ball. Oh Joe, you know, forty seconds gonna go off the clock.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 5: If they ran the ball, they were anticipating the run. That's why the swing passes wide opened in the flat.
Speaker 2: That's as great if we make it. Guess what, I run the ball and I'm gonna run it all the way down. I'm gonna take me a time out. I'm gonna take forty seconds off the clock. I'll bet with time, so that's a minute.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Uh, But you gotta think about it in that situation.
Speaker 5: In that scenario, based on down the distance the time of the game in the fourth quarter. What is the Atlanta Falcons expecting? They're expecting him to hand the ball off the sat pond. That's why I thought the play called. The play call was beautiful to me, and we just need a Saquon I'm talking about weed.
Speaker 1: The ball, yeah, as an Eagle fan, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, yeah, I'm thinking just like you, Oh, y'all running this ball. Ain't no way y'all will let Taylor hurts thro the ball playing damn roll.
Speaker 1: Out, Saquon White over, he didn't drop it. Boom.
Speaker 5: Hold on, wait, wait a minute, now we still got time. The Falcons come out, they get the ball back and drive the length of the field. Hold on, we're playing too, were playing too? Shall we planned to out? I don't know what the safety is doing the corner out of the darnaire mooning the first corner out the Darna. Why is the safety all the way back there like it's god damn park.
Speaker 3: Return because he worried about that double mood to the post.
Speaker 1: Even still in that situation, you know they got to throw the ball short. Boom.
Speaker 5: If you're in two, your antenna's gotta go up. Let's say it was Ed Reid back there. What you think ed Reid doing.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Listen, he gonna be gonna bait you.
Speaker 5: And he's driving on the corner because he noticed what you're running based on throwing their Mooney's alignment.
Speaker 1: I know the quarter around coming.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why you play in cover two. You can't get no pressure.
Speaker 2: You better not your you better not go finger high safety and you ain't got but what you touched Kirk Cousins one time. Think about what he did. What was Kirk Curlin doing with in the pocket on that last.
Speaker 1: Drive, patting the goddamn ball the ball.
Speaker 2: I wonder what my kids. I wonder if my wife didn't put the kids to bed. Damn, I wonder what my mom doing. Man, that's a beautiful night in Philly. Damn he doing all that.
Speaker 1: It's like somebody, somebody, somebody got to fill a boid.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: They let her sign ready to go, he let he led him in sacks last year.
Speaker 5: So somebody got to pick up the slack up in the middle jailing car to Jordan Davids.
Speaker 1: Baby, y'all got to come to the party.
Speaker 3: Now, you got to get in shape you got to come to. I mean they can't they can't run. They can't run. Or two plays, Jordan Davis run two players and come.
Speaker 1: Out You think you think, you don't think they are in shape?
Speaker 3: No, hell no, Why you running two players and come out the ball game?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I mean when it comes in the interior. Most of the time, most teams.
Speaker 5: They how do you call it? They switch? They rotate, Yeah, rotation to stay fresh.
Speaker 3: Ain't nothing.
Speaker 2: Jokers got no pressure, fruit fresh? I need some dogs. Hey go hunting? Yeah, okay, you fresh, you fresh? It ain't get no pressure.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what the hell am I doing?
Speaker 1: I see where you're going with it?
Speaker 3: I see o Joe.
Speaker 2: Okay, you could say, well, they're trying to generate pressure.
Speaker 3: They can't stop the run. You gotta be.
Speaker 2: Able to do something. You're gonna let the team. You're gonna let the team do whatever the f they want. They run the ball, they throw the ball, I mean throw what what? You gotta stop something? Oh, Joe, you can't give a team.
Speaker 3: And the only thing is that I mean.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins was twenty and twenty nine two forty one, two touchdowns, one SAT, no pick, no turnovers, which was clean.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight rushers, one hundred and fifty two yard come on, o.
Speaker 1: Joe, Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: And the Eagles had a shot at at the end of the game even though they got the ball, it was just a few seconds left on the clock. Ad Terrell when DeVante ran that he tried to run that corner that actually they were playing two man two. They were playing to ban because ad Terrell followed him all the Awroy ound. He gave him a slight push, a slight push, that little nudge ad Terrell. When Devontae Smith tried to break to the left, yeah, he lost his balance a tad bit. I think he would have got to that ball when he when he lost his basket tad bit.
Speaker 1: Jesse Babs break on it and it was it was work.
Speaker 3: I played twenty two man. Where the hell is Cousins going?
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely I'm playing cover five, yeah, which is three on the two d.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 2: He A Troy said during the game, Kurt Samps, He's not one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely not now coming off at Key's injury, nah, you uh uh.
Speaker 2: And they still couldn't and they still couldn't bother him. They still couldn't get consistent pressure at.
Speaker 1: Least make him uncomfortable back there.
Speaker 2: Oh, they got a big fangio, big fan. I don't care who your DC is. If you don't get it, it ain't exits and o's, it's Jim's and Jones. That's what make offenses go. That's what make defenses go. Because Andy Reed ran that same offense when he had Donovan mcnath and he had a Alex Smith, And you tell me it looked like it did when he had Patrick Mahomes. That's the same offense. They called the same thing. Do it look the same to you? Absolutely not. So this notion that an individual, a DC or OCI is gonna make that, nah, you better have them dolls. Aaron Donald is gonna be Aaron Donald no matter who is DC is. He's had a number of defensive coordinators and he's one defensive player of the year with all of them. It's him, so big fanjo and he's a he's unbelievable. But when you look at him, what he had in san percents go when he had them two dogs, them thumpers. He had Patrick Willis and the barber Bowman and he had big Justine Smith. Now you look at that defense they had in the forty nine ers when Jim, when Jim Harbable was there. Yeah, and you go look at what he had his feeling. Yeah, Now you tell me the difference. Yeah, you know, I think they got they had thumpus. You got to come downhill. He wants to play, and it's hard of heart. He wants to play cover too. He believes he can stop the run with his front seven and if you got dogs, you can. But if you don't, you got to invert that safety drop him down. But you compromise your edges. I still don't know to this day, what the hell is Darius Slage slave, bro. I love you, but you know, you know, you know what he was doing. Man, and listen, get beat for the game when a touchdown.
Speaker 1: But that too.
Speaker 5: But as you look at what he's doing, like he knows, he knows what he did wrong.
Speaker 1: What's the first thing they take you at the dB keep.
Speaker 3: You as well out to what at the back field?
Speaker 1: You guys out.
Speaker 5: The backfield, keep you because if you got your eyes on the quarterback waiting on the ball to be thrown, then you don't know where you got damn.
Speaker 2: Receiver going because he looking he trying to clue you see what they try to looking at this and all he did.
Speaker 1: He was saying he would finish jump. He finished jazz.
Speaker 3: But and you know, I can't guess in that situation.
Speaker 5: Though I messed up to I kind of I jinxed Eagers a little bit right when that when the series was coming, I say, you know what's gonna happen. I say, Darius Slave is gonna get an interception because I know you're gonna sit on something.
Speaker 1: He gonna sit on something.
Speaker 5: Based on the scenario, based on the circumstance, the ball has to come out because they don't have that much time ojo.
Speaker 3: The ball doesn't have ojo. It doesn't have to come by quick. Because you can't get pressure. Why would you.
Speaker 2: Do That's what you do if you can generate pressure, you can't do that. If you can't get no pressure, you got no way. You could ain't no way you can guess like that, O Joe. But no pressure, you gotta play sound yes, yes Joe. If you come in a situation and they come with bomb blizz and you see the DC on the sideline and he doing this saying, blow it up. Okay, Now I can take a chance. The ball gotta come because we got everybody hitting every hole. We got a B C D. Everybody's coming. Hey, hey, I gotta take a chance. I don't know exactly. He can run a slant, he can run a fade, but I'm gonna take my chance. I'm playing inside leverage. Ohoe, matter fact, you playing off and you and y'all playing base and y'all playing straight up. D ain't no way you can guess like that.
Speaker 3: No way in hell.
Speaker 5: When I think about it too, what's he talking about about taking chances?
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 5: Gardner Johnson on that touchdown to Darnell Mooney. Yeah, that ball was supposed to come out. It was supposed to come out on timing because there was a blitz, yes, Kirk, instead of instead of drilling it, instead of drilling the ball.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: That's why he was able to catch that and get away from to get that touchdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did what he did, what he's supposed to do, understanding the ball had to come out fast.
Speaker 1: It just so happened.
Speaker 5: Kurt loafed the ball up instead of drilling it, so he couldn't really make a play on the ball and he was out of position because he actually sat.
Speaker 3: Oh your met loft He meant loft of the ball.
Speaker 5: Up lost My bad? What I said floating loaf? Oh loaf bad?
Speaker 1: It was good. It was a good game. Once the fourth quarter came. Outside of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Oh yo.
Speaker 2: But you gotta understand, man, man, we can't get no oh show oho. If your d line can't get pressure, you can't gamble, you cannot. It's too risky. And and the rewark okay, you pb okay. And in that situation, this is what you gotta think. This isn't the first quarter. A touchdown here is probably gonna get your beat, right. That's what you have to and that that's what you have to look at when I'm talking about Will Levis. Okay, let's just say, for the sake of argument, you complete that pass for two yards, You get.
Speaker 3: A two yard game. What's the worst thing can happen? Pick six?
Speaker 2: You gotta weigh it, Okay, two yards? Pick six? Two yard pick six? They don't average up on Joe. Yeah, in that situation, slave, you take it. You can't take that chance. Your defense hasn't gotten consistent pressure all night. Why would you risk it in that situation. That's all I'm asking. I'm not look, hey, you win, you lose, and he's made some plays. But all I'm saying, in that situation, why would you take that chance and keep your eyes in the backfield?
Speaker 3: The danger is at cousin. It's the guy that you're guarded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, damn, he's in the backfield.
Speaker 3: He gave a slight nod and the next thing, you know, boom boom back.
Speaker 2: So if man Ojo, you know how bad hurt?
Speaker 3: How much it hurts to lose a game? And the Wanne and seconds?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, well hold on how much hurt?
Speaker 5: Forget the Wayne and Sections section seconds the game was actually over.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: The game of football is all about moments. It's about one, two, or maybe three plays. I said, I said it last night, One two, maybe three players out of the seventy run that changed the trajectory of a game. Yeah, and that one play to Saquon where I'm assuming the defense and you know they thought they was running it.
Speaker 3: Of course they.
Speaker 1: Actually rolled out Saquon wide open. He just he ain't look it all the way in.
Speaker 3: You gotta look at it.
Speaker 1: It changed, It changed everything.
Speaker 2: And see in a situation like that, Ojo, I'm catching it and I'm going to the ground because I know you ain't got no more time out. So the only thing, the only thing I care because even if I don't get all I want to do, all I want to do, Ojo, it just catch the ball. Yeah, it doesn't matter about anything else in that situation. In that situation, you just have to understand. Remember how we say situational football, Yeah, offense and defensive players. That's where IQ come in in the situation like this, Man, damn, I want to jump something so bad. Boy, if I missed on this situation, it's probably gonna cost us a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Plus we ain't really got pressure all night long.
Speaker 3: Nah, can't take that chance.
Speaker 5: And speaking of speaking of IQ though, this is the difference between the great the great safeties And I'm just thinking, I'm going back to my day and I keep mentioning the ed read because I understand how you played the game based on situation and circumstances and IQ and knowing that the ball has to come out at some point because you got to drive the length of the field, for one, and the chance of you're taking a shot, I and that situation is sli it's slim to none even though they can't get pressure when they were in that two shell. When they were in that two shell and Darnell Mooney had that tight split outside adds to the numbers. That's only one thing he's going to do. He's running that goddamn corner route at that say, I'm not sure who the safety was.
Speaker 1: I don't i don't know his name. It was either number thirty two or twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hold on blak, I'm just saying if it was if it was me, I'm not of safety.
Speaker 1: I'm just understanding the game. In the situation that is at hand.
Speaker 5: The corner router is coming, I'm finna sit and I'm going to get that either I'm I'm knock it down or I'm gonna get an interception.
Speaker 2: Because but here's the thing. I see you do that, O Joe. You know what I'm gonna do, right, I'm a shape rock, I'm gonna shape rocher. Yeah, i will hit that corner, i will hit that nod and I'm gonna hit the post on you And did what and just say and everybody go look at you, say, man, brother, you ain't covered too what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be the hero.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it you, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna be I'm just And you know what's funny is I'm watching the plays like I think.
Speaker 1: I think I could be in the booth.
Speaker 5: You know how you watch Tony Romo sometime and I'm telling you what play is gonna happen before the play even got this call based on down the distance baseball, you can called it out because from team the team, it really doesn't change what you're gonna do because everybody's tendencies is.
Speaker 1: Damn near the same.
Speaker 5: The only thing that different is the formation you're running. Something like, you know what, he here go, here go, he got the goddamn corner. There's only so much. There's only so much he could do out of that goddamn split. Here come long behold the goddamn safety. They run it to, They trying to protect the d ball.
Speaker 1: But you're back then to you goddamn father, to make a player on the fucking ball.
Speaker 2: You like you're in the returning But here's the Oh, you're in a situation like that. Nothing cheap, nothing deep. You keep everything in front of you. That's what I mean but then you remember what happened. You remember when Joe Flacco, You remember the AFC Divisional game against the Broncos, Kobe Jones rested.
Speaker 1: So on the right side of the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see what it covered?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 5: Hold on now, and that safety took a goddamn badass angle on that ball.
Speaker 2: He wasn't he supposed to take no angle. He's supposed to be back there to knock it down. It wasn't supposed to be no angle to take right right right. If I'm deepen, though, how I'm gonna take an angle? My angle supposed to be forward? Because what happened is that once he got over here, he saw the ball and he painted and he jumped too quick. Yeah, because he he should have never been there anyway, What are you flat footed?
Speaker 3: You is deepest, the deepest if.
Speaker 2: That dude run out the Stateum, if he's in Golden you being Golden Colorado with it. Yeah, in that situation, nothing cheap, nothing deep. Yeah, the Eagles, I've had this concern. I hopefully the Eagles now like now, uh be knowing what the hell he be talking about. People say I talk a lot, but they don't say I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, right, All you gotta do isuff, Like I said, I got. I got too many years invested in studying the game. That's why I watched the game with no sounds. Troy, Romo, Brady or Olson. Nobody can offer me anything that I don't know. I know what I'm looking for, not what they're gouna tell me to look for what to see. There's a difference, and so that's why it's hard for me to hear the sound, because they're like, go to the game, because what should they do here?
Speaker 3: What they're gonna run here? What happened? Bro, Damn, I'm trying. I'm trying. I'm trying to concentrate, trying to tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing, oh Joe, if you watched the game and it started when you know, when you got the game tape, ain't no taping, ain't no ain't no sound to the film right now. Occasionally they would I would watch the sound because I was listening for calls to see if I could hear a call. If they said Reno, if they said Dallas, they said Texas, they had certain calls. It calls were coverages. I'm listening, so I'm gonna hear I'm looking a but man, the factus that the Eagles like, oh man, we got this one.
Speaker 5: I thought they had I thought they had it too. I thought they had it. I would get listen, I would the whole fourth quarter. I'm guessing right, I'm calling the players out. I'm tweeting the players out. I'm saying what's gonna happen on each drive? And long behold m hm damn. It's all good, though.
Speaker 1: Eagles gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be it all depends on how soon AJ.
Speaker 1: Did Brown come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were, they were missing him, but o Jo.
Speaker 3: They still got issues with their defense. Uh. AJ can't pressure the quarterback.
Speaker 2: AJ can't deflect, defend past breakup football. AJ can't stop the run. That's one side of the ball. You still have issues on the other side. When are you going to get that corrected?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: I think in the secondary, I think they straight now what they do need. They do need to be able to generate some pressure up front. Jayalen Cardle, God damn, Jordan Davis, h Brandon what yeah, hey, hey, Brendan is Brandon ingram right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Brandon Graham Brandon.
Speaker 1: Graham brand, Yeah, Brandon Graham.
Speaker 5: But hey, you know what, I liked the Eagles for the simple fact I know the secondary they're gonna be straighted with Maddox, Cee j Guardan Johnson back there and that young motherfucker from Toledo.
Speaker 1: What was his last name? Uh, the young the young corner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey boy, young, buy night Mitchell. Quinn Mitchell, you said, Quintin Mitchell. Yeah, yeah, hey that young boy, nice black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta take some uns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta take Oh, Joe, you know it ain't but a few to come in as a as a true rookie is not taking no lumps.
Speaker 3: You gotta take some now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely. Listen, he he took it. He took a lump to night.
Speaker 5: There was a play he tried to try to make a nice player on darn in that morning. He got away from a little bit. He was a tag lady, but took Hey, that's what they say. It's a game interest now. It's a game interest now when he see when he's back in that scenario again, under those circumstances with a team driving down the score to win the game, you know what to do next time you know to do next time.
Speaker 1: He's nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice, he's real nice. So hey, I mean, listen, Eagles gonna be alright, They're gonna be alright.
Speaker 3: You sure about that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm telling you. I'm telling you. I ain't tell you what. I'm not telling you what I heard. I'm telling you what I know.
Speaker 3: You told me that last year I did.
Speaker 1: Yes, ten and one. They ate.
Speaker 2: But they Oh Joe, let me tell you why now. I keep you saying, oh Joe, you need to get that car in down here. I hear ticket a little bit.
Speaker 1: He can, I can. I tell you why they fell apart last year?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: The defensive coordinator last year for the Eagles, and some of the plays he was calling didn't sit well with some of the players on the field, and it just didn't work well for them. So there was a disconnect. And you know what happened. When there's a disconnect, that means the wi fi. The wi fi ain't good, you know, so the signal be bad. So the signal between the defensive coordinator and the players on the field, it wasn't going hand in hand.
Speaker 2: I also think, O Joe is a situation where them guys weren't trying to tackle last year man that guy did the second day, wasn't doing no.
Speaker 1: Looked bad.
Speaker 2: Remember, Oh Joe, you ever see a situation, man, you know somebody else gonna make the plate. No, you gonna make the play. I ain't count on somebody else to make a play. I'm gonna make I can't wait on man Ocho gonna make a play.
Speaker 3: So I ain't gonna run hard. I know you're gonna throw the ball.
Speaker 2: Nah. Hell nah, I ain't counting on O Choll to make every play. If Ocho make it, play, so be it. But just in case, let me be ready. Yeah, and that's how guys.
Speaker 3: Need to fan. But congratulations to the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 2: They go on the road on a Monday night and beat the Philadelphia Eagles twenty two to twenty one. Kirk Cousins go a perfect on the game winning drive, Jake London catches it and they hold off the Eagles where they hold up the Eagles twenty two to twenty one. The intercept Jalen Hurt late in the ball game to preserve the victory and the Falcons go to one and one on the season. H Bryce Young Aeron's had been halted Dave Kanalis decided to bench Bryce Young less than twenty four hours after telling everyone he start next week. The red rifle Andy Dalton is being named the team starter quarterback moving forward this season. Young was really shocked by the bench and told and sources told Jordan Schulkes, it came out of nowhere. Nah, actually didn't. If you go back and look at your play, look at them they it ain't come out of nowhere. No one anticipated the plug being oh Child. No one anticipated the plug being pulled after just two games with a new coaching staff. But a reminder that the Patriots panther excuse me, traded so much to get him. They traded Dj Moore, twenty twenty three first round pick, which was Darnielle Wright, a twenty twenty three second round pick was was Tyreek Stevens. He's I think he's a starter, twenty twenty four first round pick overall pick Caleb Williams, and a twenty twenty five second round pick.
Speaker 5: Don't do that. You don't do that. You don't do nobody like that. For one, I'm ana start with David Temple. Okay, hecause what David Temper is doing, it's insubordination. I don't even know what that shit mean, but it sounded like it fits for this goddamn scenario.
Speaker 2: Well, he can't in subordinate because he's the higher up, So it's subordinate.
Speaker 1: Needs the higher up. And that's the problem.
Speaker 5: Because now you're pointing the fingers at Bryce Young like Bryce Young.
Speaker 1: Is the issue. That's not the issue. Yeah, that's not the issue.
Speaker 5: Look at the quarterbacks before Bryce Young got there. I thought they was a problem.
Speaker 1: Who's the quarterback before Bryce young.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: They had Sam Donald, they had Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Dam Donald, Baker Mayfix keep going, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know who.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't really know who came directly after Cam. That's the hope, That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 5: It's been a revolving door of quarterbacks not having success because they don't have what they needed around them.
Speaker 1: To be successful.
Speaker 5: There was a reason he was able to get Bryce Young because he's the number one either the number one pick for a reason.
Speaker 1: You were able to have the number one pick for a reason.
Speaker 5: So now you expect Bryce Young to come in had the coach had a different coaching staff last year, you hired Dave canellis right. You bring him, let him play two games, nothing surrounding him to help him. But now you're gonna bench him and you're gonna start Andy Dalton like that's going to answer.
Speaker 1: Take you somewhere like that's going to answer the problem.
Speaker 5: No, fix the ship around him, and then you put him, put him in an environment, and I guarantee you you'll find success. Oh Bryce Young is an issue. Then people say, oh he too short, Oh he can't see hello. How tall is Kyle of fucking Murray? How tall is Baker Mayfield?
Speaker 3: Well we know he taller than Kyler Murray.
Speaker 5: Oh he absolutely is that that the read it's not Bryce Young. Now, now what I will say, if you turn the tape on, there will be some discrepancies in his play.
Speaker 1: His confidence is shot man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: And this is no disrespect to any of the receivers that are on the Panthers. No, listen, no disrespect. You know I you know how I feel about you, even if I don't know you personally. But he has you know what, I ain't gonna say that because I don't want to be too respected.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, look here on the question if if Andy Dalton, is the is the answer?
Speaker 3: I need to know the question. I ain't gonna keep it. Hey, y'all know what we do. I keep it. I keep it one thought, So I answered, what's the question?
Speaker 5: Well, listen, I think having a veteran presence, I'm not sure what the pants is gonna do going forward. Maybe allowing Bryce Young to sit for a year watching watching the media outlets and some of the pundits, some of the analysts are saying Bryce Young time.
Speaker 1: They want everybody to play because everybody think they're gonna get c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 2: The problem is, O Joe, is that people forget? Do you realize Patrick Mahomes said his entire rookie year except one game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not what they do with rookies this year. Now. They don't even give the rookies time to develop and learn from the sideline.
Speaker 5: If you get drafted number one, they on you to the wolves. They throwing you to the fire.
Speaker 2: Carlton didn't start, Carson didn't start to hold year, John Kiddy.
Speaker 1: John Kinner started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so times have changed now. For one, the money that's being invested in these players. You know, we're paying you so much. We need you to go out there right now and earn that paycheck. You need to earn what you're making now. It's okay if you go to a team that is compatant with weapons around you that you can use your disposals, that makes your job easier. What brace Young has to do is he has to put on his cap and be Superman, which he cannot do because it has.
Speaker 1: Nothing to use around him. I mean that, I mean that as respectful as possible.
Speaker 2: You traded Dj Moore, somebody that could have gave him a quality receiver. You traded him. And I like Adam Feeling, But Adam Feeling, I mean, he's not what he wants. But he's not that poor bowl receiver anymore.
Speaker 1: An he's either a decent number two.
Speaker 5: Look at the receiving general and I mean this, And no, I'm not trying to be disrespectful. You know, we talk about number two, We talk about twos and threes, like who can Bright Young?
Speaker 1: Stay with me now, who can Bryce Young.
Speaker 5: Right in the time of need, life of their situation, he can come to the ball, get up on the center and look at a receiver.
Speaker 1: And say, you know what, right now on his plate, I need you I need you to win for me. Yeah, Yellow high Water, I know you got me.
Speaker 3: No matter what.
Speaker 1: Who who can he do that to? Who can he do that with?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Got somebody can do it with Patrick Mahone. Got somebody can do it with Joe Burrow. Got somebody can do it with. Like you can go down the list of teams that always have one dog.
Speaker 3: You just got me have one. And the more you have, the better you are.
Speaker 5: I know I can count on no matter what. He got me, it's nothing. And then you get he you got he's having a string of bad plays back to back and all that does to a player's confident and so you already know what it does. Getting back in the press conference, uh Sunday, they asked him, have you lost your confidence?
Speaker 1: He said, my confidence is in the Lord. And when he said that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And when he said something like that, it's shot, it's shot. I'm Christian. I believe. I believe in the man upstairs too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In that environment that Carolina Panther fans ain't trying to hear that at that moment.
Speaker 5: Oh No, listen to the killer mindset you have to have at the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: In number one shake my confidence.
Speaker 1: The confidence is number one. That's number one. Once that's gone, you just to shelly yourself out there.
Speaker 2: I wish more guys realized, Oh Joe, for me, how you're gonna break my confidence? Coming from where I came from? Do you know what it took just for me to get here? Now that I'm here? Yeah, you think somebody, Oh you think, okay, I drop a couple of passes, y'all.
Speaker 3: Bo y'all think that's gonna break me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should have been broke a long time ago, because there along the way, I'm sure it's been seventy five thousand people that doubted me at some point in time, and I might not know them, just like you don't know half the seventy five thousand, or the seventy six, seventy seven thou or how many people that come to Carolina game.
Speaker 3: You don't know them.
Speaker 2: You can't break my car you can't shake you can't break my confidence because I know, first of all, you drafted me because clearly you like what you saw on tape. I played on a big time program. I won big time games against big time competitions. But don't don't don't let a couple of bad plays. Don't let somebody pull in now. Look, it's easy for me to say because I've never been benched oyo, So that's a lot easier for me to say. I try to do, make sure I do everything I possibly could. You know, it's different for a tight end receiver that it is a quarterback. They have a lot more on their plate then what we have on our plate. But now, you're not finna break my confidence. You're not finish shake me just because I have a couple of bad games. Hey, I'm gonna do me. I'm gonna go out there and do me. And it's a lot like I said, Oh Joe, I'm responsible for my play. He's responsible for erybody. When things go good, he's gonna get the credit. When they go bad, he's gonna get all the blame.
Speaker 1: You got to think about it, Huh, as a rookie.
Speaker 5: Look at the circumstances he's coming and he's coming into as a rookie last year.
Speaker 1: There's the reason he was the number one pick because.
Speaker 2: Damn suoreing Alabama. Huh, it's damn sure in Alabama. Yeah, you come when you follow tour, you follow Matt Jones and you got those receivers that you got. You got Jamison Williams, and you got Metchi and you got those tight and you got those running back you got your gills.
Speaker 5: You coming, You're coming from a winning environment surrounded by adequate weapons.
Speaker 1: That makes your job easy.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that business is easy, but when you have certain players around you and you have certain weapons at your disposal, you're able to facilitate the ball an efficient way.
Speaker 1: And that's something that he can do. He has to put on the cap and be something that he's not. He can't be Superman.
Speaker 5: Name one quarterback right now, chat, listen, chat, listen to me. Name one quarterback right now that you can put on the Panthers.
Speaker 1: And it would turn her whole franchise around.
Speaker 2: Who Well, look, you ain't got but you look, first of all, you ain't got but a handful of guys. You probably got like three or four guys O Joe that could go there, and it raises the level of play. That's hard for a rookie because you got to look at when Peyton Manny got the end of you know, Peyton Manny had O Joe. He had Marvin Harrison had a Marshall ball two guys first ballot Hall of Faper. Marshall Hall thought was if an v was an MVP and a two time Offensive Player of the Year, if we know what Marvin Harrison is, that's what he have. And they say, you know what we're gonna do, Dan Enough, We're gonna go get your red Ywayne. We know what Dan Enough, We're gonna go get your James Edward James Oh, dann Enough. We're gonna get your Anthony Gonzales. We're gonna get your Joseph for Die Dallas, Clark, Donas Clark, Uh, Brandon Stoke Man, don't man, don't don't get me started. If you look at what Patrick Mahomes inherited, he had Loick, What do you got he had Tyreek? Yeah, Addy had Kelsey and they went out and they went out and got Sammy Watkins.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, listen, you know you think about everything you just said, drafting the right way, putting pieces around the quarterbacks so they can have instant success. Hm, what is brother Temper doing over there? And they want to blame it on the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Brady was only one Coachan probably said Coach Belichick, don't you draft anybody else because you ain't drafted but one player that if it's some good and that's wrong. Everybody else we got in free agency we got I mean what was uh Amon Dola?
Speaker 3: We you got him in free agency?
Speaker 2: Uh I think Edelman was was an undrafted Fridges or a low round draft pick. You welcome you you you signed him, but he was undrafted.
Speaker 3: You look at the guy that he signed. Boy, it has been good and terrible.
Speaker 2: Man. You remember he got Tae Kwan Thornton, the guy from Baylor. They pay like four two six two seven. Yeah, yeah, man couldn't play dead in the Western?
Speaker 3: Wait? He what he couldn't play dead in the Western? You know they do? They tid like that.
Speaker 2: Should you just followed? All they gotta do is just fall little Ojoe. It ain't happening, Damn man.
Speaker 5: They tried my dog Brice young man. Is it is the scenario where he can go somewhere else. You know most of the time of change the scenery.
Speaker 3: I'm not this soon, o Joe.
Speaker 2: Hell, they gave they gave what's the guy that was at JaMarcus Russell? Now they gave Sam Donald, but they gave the guy football Philly, not Philly. But the jest your guy who that they gave him longer here in Denver.
Speaker 3: Right now, Dak, you.
Speaker 5: Talk about Zach back will for Yale. I mean I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 1: You know, this is like man, listen, this is like being in a relationship. Right, let's chat.
Speaker 5: Stay with me real quick. I don't understand what what the organization is doing. For one, you draft a quarterback. You're drafting number one. You give up so much for him, right, And that's like you date somebody and and you caught the woman. You caught her, you get, you buy a flowers, you open a door, you know, you do all the things you need to do to give them, and then you got them. And then you say, you know what, this really ain't for me. I don't want to do this.
Speaker 1: The more I'm gonna go back to Max.
Speaker 5: Right, you invested all this and so somebody new, but you know it ain't working out. So I'm gonna go back to the mix instead of looking internally at the real issues on why things aren't going well. Because it's the first time you had an issue at the quarterback position, so you know the elephant in the room. We know what the elephant in the room is it ain't the goddamn quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: It's what you got, man.
Speaker 5: I'm about I'm about to cry for brace young man. But we know't got time to be getting the motions.
Speaker 2: You brought it since you brought it up with with the ladies and dating. Yeah, A lot of times we'll give up on a on, a on a woman that has eighty eighty five percent, ninety percent of what we want, only to be with somebody that has ten to twenty percent of what we want.
Speaker 3: You ever notice that?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 2: Know I ain't that time?
Speaker 3: Oh t me that time.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't ask you for much.
Speaker 5: I don't ask you for much, but I need you to bring that back one more time. I need you to bring that back one more time because I boy, I felt that boy. Don't you don't see me ten us are, But I ain't funny man, men, I promise I ain't gonna cry. I promise ain't gonna cry or bring that back on more time.
Speaker 2: A lot of times men will leave a woman that has eighty to ninety percent of what we want, only to go be with somebody that has ten to twenty percent.
Speaker 3: You see that we'll get mad at the woman.
Speaker 2: She got eighty to ninety percent of what we want, we get mad.
Speaker 3: Here. Come to ten to twenty. I need that.
Speaker 1: I promise you ain't crying. These are tears of joy. I need to hear that.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 6: Hey, oh shit, but I was a good by. Oh it happened. I've done it. I see a lot of times, y'all. I don't tell you things that somebody told them. I'm telling you what I know because a man to get mad, and I don't know if women do it. I can't speak because I don't know. I don't know how you guys think. But I'm just telling you how man will think how I thought.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, whatever, good one, Brad, ain't even Sunday. But you're preaching though. Shitt got me crying, shit fuck throwing me. Okay, let me tighten up. Let's go back to the show.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins signe signed Tyler Huntley Arth the Ravens practice squad to us seeing a neurologist and retirement is not in consideration after suffering his turing documented concussion. Instead, he's a concussion protocol working to get cleared for a return. Mike McDaniel said, there has it been any decision placed on whether Tua would be placed on injury reserve. He's doing well today and we take it day by day. He's smiling with his teammates, He's working with trainers and the medical staff diligently.
Speaker 1: I like the choice. I like the choice.
Speaker 5: I think for those in the chat that have watched Tyler Huntley play understand what they're getting. At some point I may maybe a week, maybe two, depending on how long he takes to learn to playbook. There's so much that the Dolphins could be able to do with him. He's a due threat quarterback. He's a he's a good thrower of the ball. He's someone that can get the ball to wattle the Tyreek. He can throw a good deep ball, but also escaping his escapability is up the par I'm not calling him Lamar Jackson, but if you saw the Ravens and he had to well, he played well, play played really well. So I think that's a good fit for the Dolphins, and he needs to be behind center as soon as possible, because if you look at the numbers, no disrespect to Scotlet Thompson, if you look at the numbers, an efficiency when Scotlet Thompson plays even with Wattle and goddamn Tyreek, I mean Tyreek Hill at the Helm.
Speaker 1: It ain't that good.
Speaker 5: It ain't that So you want to be in contention as long as possible, and Toil too is able to come back and return, which I think will probably be week six. I think the five week is five if the Bible gets six, so I think week seven.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is O Joe is that I think Tua had a concussion that wasn't diagnosed. Remember he got that concussion and they say, oh, it was his shoulder, he was stumbling and his offensive lineman, and then he comes right back out there that Thursday night against Cincinnati against slammed and then he saw back the head. Yeah, And if I'm not mistaken, I think he had one at Alabama.
Speaker 3: It's tough to leave something not on your turns.
Speaker 5: Right, especially this early after I just got paid, after I just got paid, and I have to continue to prove myself that I'm worthy of the contract that I.
Speaker 1: Received, especially after dealing with the bullshit.
Speaker 5: When Brian brother, Brian floor Flores was here, I asked myself, not just myself, but also to the doubters who said I wasn't worthy of being the quarterback of the Miami Dolphins, I'm not worth of the contract that I just received. I have to prove that there's no way in hell. That's why I said it as soon as it happened, and we talked about it. Ain't no way in helly retiring, ain't.
Speaker 1: No where in hell. Just it just you know, as a depictor game of football, Like you just.
Speaker 5: Said, all it took you to do, all you went through, the obstacles, the ups, the downs, even get to this point in life, you think I'm gonna just hang it up behind some concussions.
Speaker 1: Despite the health risks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, long term.
Speaker 2: Hey, doctors, doctors don't like to be a definitive because they don't know there's like, okay, we think this, and you know, I was listening to I went back and Teddy Bruski. He said when he had his stroke, he said, the doctor says, okay, you could be okay, but there's always a possibility. We think there's very minimal risk. But this is this is still a procedure. This is still surgery. The body is going to be opened up in this situation. When my brother went to get his evaw for his neck.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The doctor looked at him and told him, He said, mister Sharp, you get to make your own decision. But if you were my son, I'll advise you never to play football again.
Speaker 3: Take one hit on that was it.
Speaker 2: My brother's like, hey, twenty nine years of age, just come off of ninety four catch, ninety four catch, eighteen touchdown season twenty nine.
Speaker 3: It was over.
Speaker 1: Hey, Michael Irvin, same thing.
Speaker 2: Huh Michael Lervitt had Yeah, he had a stenosis, which is narrowing of the spine.
Speaker 3: So he got hit. Boom done. See.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that, you know, we never think anything that's bad.
Speaker 1: Traumatic is gonna happen to us, right, that happened to other people.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna get no car rent O, Joe, I ain't get no Akiles, no act.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna happen to me. That happened to other people.
Speaker 2: And so it's hard to like, man, look God got me, and he does. But at the end of the day, the thing is is that I'm looking at we know more now, Ojo. They know more now, doctors no more, the players no more now than they did in the sixty seventies, eighty nineties, even the two thousands. And you know what, Ojoe, ten fifteen years from now, they'll know even more. It's amazing how far medicine and science has come just in the last ten years. I mean, when they used to do hip surgery, they used to cut the glue, they used to cut the muscle. Now all they do is just move it to the side. They come in through the front, they don't go in through the back no more. That's how far they advancement. The types of material that they use last long and sturdier.
Speaker 5: Hey, and speaking of I just I just want to throw this little tadbit out there real quick, since I heard you say medicine and and science in science, and you know, can I honestly say I think there's a cure for everything?
Speaker 1: Can I? Can I say that? Is it okay for me to say that?
Speaker 5: Ain't no money in the cure. The money is in the treatment and the research, Okay. I just want to make sure we're on the same page. So I'm a clue.
Speaker 2: I just want to I want you, I want you to be recurring, I want you to keep coming back. I don't want to cure no high blood pressure. I don't want to cure. No, no, I want to care that.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, come on now. I just want to make sure we're on the same page now so I can close my book ship. That's what I'm talking about. I just want to imagine, Okay, I just so you know,