Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff give you, guys, the best independent coverage that is possible. If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Let's go to polymarket. I've been wanting to cover this for a long time, and of course, like everybody I think who's online, they see these polymarket odds, and in particular lately they have seen Trump just absolutely blow away Kamala in the polymarket odds. And there's been a lot of discussion what's going on here Because if you look at a polling analysis, if you look at even the average of all of the models that are out there, in terms of the reliable ones, the average I checked yesterday is fifty percent. So if the average is there and the Betty market is different, well what do we know. Usually when you see a bit different between that, somebody would think potentially have inside information. But then one of my friends pointed this out, there's no such thing as inside information in an election, because it's like, what do they know? How undecided voters in Pennsylvania are the telefuture?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, they literally forecast the future. If not, you don't have any inside information. So what is happening?
Speaker 2: Why is Polymarket, which is roughly a billion dollar market from the election, just on that question of who is going to win? How did it become so different than all their models? Was put this on the screen? The Wall Street Journal did an investigation. It's actually super interesting. Effectively, what has happened is that four separate accounts, potentially all belonging to the same person, have bet some thirty million dollars to thirty million dollars on the Donald Trump winning the presidential election. And those four separate, massive size bets were enough to push the average for the Trump question of whether he's going to win up to some sixty percent and push Kamos down to now Again. What's interesting, too is that this actually happened after Elon Musk tweeted about Polymarket on October six, So we.
Speaker 3: Have one of those tweets. Can we put that on the screen please?
Speaker 2: This seems to be one of the original ones where Trump where Elon tweeted about this prediction market where he said Trump is not leading Kama by three percent. Betting markets more accurate than polls as actual money is on the line. That was the demarcation point. Prior to that, I've been tracking poly market almost every single day. It was roughly in line within Nate Silver consensus, but it has now completely split again. You can take two different parts of that for what you want as to whether it is more predictive or not. If you ask me, and you know, we do this for a living, not that I guess it makes me all that much of an expert. But right now they have Comma only has thirty six point two percent chance of winning. That, in my opinion, is crazy considering the amount of caveats and all the things we've had to drop on the show.
Speaker 3: That is like, it's so bullish. They have her right.
Speaker 2: Now sixty one percent chance for Trump in the state of Pennsylvania. In Wisconsin, fifty eight percent Trump, fifty nine percent Trump in Michigan, Each one of those Blue Wall states totally miss priced if you ask me so. If you're a line shopper out there, in the words of sports betters, you may want to get out on the action. And I don't even think that Comma is going to win. But if you were like, oh, i'll give you two to one odds that Comma would win when she's got a fifty to fifty shot, anybody out there who bets sports.
Speaker 3: For a living, that's usually you should take that bet.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people made a ton of money doing exactly this betting on Trump back in two thousand and sixteen. When I show you, guys at twenty sixteen odds, you're going to be blown away from what betting markets were.
Speaker 1: So just to recap, there's four accounts that about thirty million dollars that are basically responsible for this huge surge for Trump, and all of those accounts are behaving in a very similar fashion, raising the possibility that is actually one individual who is gaming this market and pushing up the odds in favor of Trump.
Speaker 4: And it just so happens that.
Speaker 1: It comes immediately after Elon Musk tweets about how accurate polymarket is and how we should all be looking at to understand the real odds going on in this election. It also was a Peter teelback platform Worth noting that as well. But yeah, the big question mark has been whether there was you know, some organic something going on there. Like my initial thought was once Elon Musk tweeted that that there were a bunch of like Elon Musk bros.
Speaker 4: Really cool, I got to get in on this, But it looks like it was much more it was you.
Speaker 1: Know, one whale or a number of them who decided they wanted to push up the odds. And this is significant also because we know that part of how uh Trump last time justified his stop this Deal lies was by claiming that Republicans had you know, an insturmountable lead on election night and it was you know, preposterous to imagine that they were going to lose. And so this also very much seems like and Trump has leaned into this too, setting the expectation that Trump is one hundred percent going to win and so if he doesn't, there must have been something nefarious. So I think that's part of what's going on here. By the way, Elon didn't just promote this one the polymarket one time. He's tweeted like twenty different times about polymarket, all of a bunch of the right wing influencer accounts on Twitter have picked up this same approach and have been pumping the polymarket odds and you, claiming that this shows the real truth of how likely Donald Trump is to win. And again, I think it's for some of these people it's just about clout and whatever. But I think for Trump specifically and potentially for Elon Musk, it's also about trying to lay the groundwork to claim that the election is stolen if he ends up not winning.
Speaker 3: It's certainly possible.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just one of those where everyone always likes to say, like, oh, when money is on the line, it's more accurate.
Speaker 3: But okay, I don't watch sports.
Speaker 2: I'm friends with a lot of people who are obsessed with sports betting and the general consensus around sports and even the line like what Vegas and all those come up with. They take all the information, they try and distill it into a number. That number. It's not bad, it can sometimes be accurate. But then how often are you watching a game where there's a spread that we think is quite reasonable and then something happens at the very last minute and everybody loses. So even though the team that you bet on might win, they may not cover the spread, or how often does somebody get hurt or one thing goes a different way and then the entire thing shifts in a different direction. If you don't believe me, you know, for the first three weeks of the NFL season, I believe the public was on the wrong side of the bet for some eighty percent. So if you look at how good sports betters actually are, separate conversation that I do want to save for later.
Speaker 3: Similarly, it's like exuberant.
Speaker 2: So whether it's a whale or it's dumb, or it's just like Elon Bros.
Speaker 3: And dumb money.
Speaker 2: Like you know, irrational exuberance is a tale as old as time in the stock market. And this idea that, oh, just because people are willing to put millions of dollars behind something that they may not be totally wrong is also completely inaccurate. So let's, for example, put C three up on the screen. I had no idea about this actually, and it was raised in this Wall Treat journal piece. A single trader lost between four and seven million dollars exactly twelve years ago betting on Mitt Romney.
Speaker 3: To win the election four to seven million.
Speaker 2: All of the money from the single trader were placed exactly two weeks before the overall presidential election in twenty twelve. They believed wholeheartedly there was a similar thing, miss priced trade.
Speaker 3: They thought he was totally.
Speaker 2: They were watching way too much television, watching Fox News, and they were out there and bet four to seven million that they ended up losing that Mitt Romney would win the presidential election. Similarly, in twenty sixteen, could we put this up there please, because this is crazy. These are the live betting odds from OURCP average that were of the prediction markets at the time. On the day of the presidential election November in twenty sixteen, Donald Trump had a thirteen percent chance of winning according to the betting markets at that time, thirteen percent, Clinton at eighty eight. And as after the wisdom of the market, yes exactly. This is what I'm trying to really like underscore for everybody. And in fact, one of the things that Nate talks about in his book is that there are a ton of gamblers who love Nate Silver, and they were looking at Nate Silver's odds on the day of the election. He gave Donald Trump a twenty eight percent chance of winning or something like that. And they're like, hey, twenty eight percent chance twelve percent that the market's giving me mispriced line. They didn't even think Trump was going to win. They put one thousand dollars or something like that.
Speaker 3: They got like nine to one odds.
Speaker 2: In terms of the payout that they received. He said, to this day, whatever he goes out to eat, people still buying dinner because they've won so much money betting on Donald Trump to win the election because of Nate Silver's forecast. So that's my point is that if you look at these markets and especially where they are right now on top of with crypto, I mean, look, I'm pro crypto and all that, but with polymarket, we have very little insight into what this is. And too even we have very little insight into like who these traders are, for example, who are moving these big bets. They're not probably as used to having to deal with like literal massive whales. Never before seen situation with such a large marketplace on the issue of the presidential election. So if you just think that this is a correct and accurate reflection, I mean, again, we don't even have that in the most well regulated market in our stock market.
Speaker 3: As opposed to what's going on on poly Market.
Speaker 1: I am also highly suspicious that this is actually one individual because not only are they behaving in a very similar fashion, they also were all funded by deposits from Kraken, a US based crypto exchange. So is highly suspicious that this is all one individual. So it's trying to create a portrait of you know, this being in the bag for Donald Trump and you know, using that to create a sense, a psychological sense of imminent victory on the Trump side. And Polymarket themselves said that they are actually investigating what is going on here too. So even to your point, Sager, even if it wasn't for this, you know, one or four individuals putting in thirty million dollars to get this to look the way that they wanted to look, even if it was just you know, a bunch of people, wisdom of the crowd or whatever, you still should not put a lot of stock in these betting odds because people can very eat on markets can very very.
Speaker 4: Easily be wrong.
Speaker 1: But you know, part of what I was getting at and why, you know, I do think that this is potentially on the part of some sort of ominous and nefarious is we also have people like Marjorie Taylor Green now floating new dominion voter conspiracies, claiming that she saw a Facebook post that said that some Dominion voting machine was flipping votes. Elon Musk has also gotten in on this dominion voting like, you know, a ledging that they there could be some fraud afoot with where there are dominion voting machines. We can go ahead. Let's go ahead and play for you. Marjorie Taylor Green's comments, that's see six guys.
Speaker 5: So they went up to one of the election workers and they said, here's the problem. The machine switched it and the printed my printed ballot. I did not vote for these people. So they had to start over, and they went through it several times, and it kept on making the same error, kept on switching the boat.
Speaker 1: So you know, once again back to the dominion voting machines. These people also never learned because Dominion sued a bunch of the news networks for all they were worth when they were spreading lies about the operations of their machines. We can put see five excuse me up on the screen with the Elon Musk details here he said at one of these town halls he did in Pennsylvania. He says, when you have mail in ballots and no proof of citizenship, it's almost impossible to prove cheating. Statistically, there are some very strange things that happened that are statistically incredibly likely. There's also this question of, say, the dominion voting machines. It is weird that I think they were used in Philadelphia and Maricopa County, Arizona, but not in a lot of other places. Doesn't that seem like a heck of a coincidence?
Speaker 4: He added? The last thing I would do is trust a computer program. And apparently, sorry, he was not even.
Speaker 1: Correct about how and where and when the dominion voting machines were being used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just like, Okay, here we go again. You really want to do this, even for you know, list Elon is rich. He can defend himself in court and decide you can hire a lawyer, Marjorie the rest of these other folks who want to toy with this stuff. Look how it worked out for everybody in the state of Georgia who's under indictment, ends up pleading guilty, giving up their law license, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on lawyers. So if they want to do that again, go for it. Yeah, and see how it works out for you.
Speaker 1: Well, you remember what Trump said at McDonald's when he had asked about it. He said, you know, something very He was like, he didn't say dominion votingstudents, but he was like, if it's very I'll accept the results. And by the way, you know, the predictions say that I have a ninety three percent chance of winning, so of course we're going to win. So that's how all of this plays into, you know, what they have planned post election day, And it's not just this. They've already filed a range of lawsuits in battleground states to try to challenge, you know, the voter's eligibility. They've stacked a lot of the election boards with people who are like pro Trump, MAGA loyalists. And then there's this sort of like PSI op to create an impression that Trump is a sure thing. And listen, he may well win on his own, in which case all of this ends up being moot. But that's why the polymarket piece fits in together with what Elon is saying about dominion. Marjorie Taylor Green is saying about dominion Trump is saying about whether or not he'll accept the election results, all these lawsuits being filed and all of the state boards of elections being stocked with these MAGA loyalists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on that ladder part. And just because the price was wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, imagine a company is saying we shouldn't have gone bankrupt because our stock price was x, L and z before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the market was saying that it was going to work.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, but that doesn't predict the actual results, Bob, you know, yeah, we say it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very true, very true.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to some strange campaign doings from Kamala Harris. They clearly, you know, she's been She went on with Reverend Sharpton. We showed you that interview, went on the Shade Room, had Barack Obama go out and lecture black men for some reason that was very disturbing and uncomfortable. They clearly realized that they need to shore up their support with what is a key voting demographic for the Democratic Party, and it's been consistently very supportive. So one of the efforts they put out was the following ad take a look.
Speaker 3: He little ladies entre.
Speaker 2: It's good to be here.
Speaker 3: He So, what do you do and how much do you work in finance? Making six figures?
Speaker 4: How tall are you?
Speaker 3: Six wives?
Speaker 4: Okay, do you work out?
Speaker 3: I like to stay active for you. Do you have a plan to vote? I didn't plan on it.
Speaker 1: So basically the message here is guys, if you don't vote and vote for Kamala Harris, then you're.
Speaker 4: Not going to get any dates.
Speaker 2: Pretty while okay, so shocking, crazy, also indicative of a real phenomenon. I mean, if we're going to be real and let's put this up there on the screen, this has been I mean, you know how many monologues have we done about this now at this point? How many times have I talked about it here in the show. Gender is going to be a huge factor in this election. Here's what the data shows. What they shay is that we're on track for one of the largest gender gaps in modern American history.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: Younger women are registering to vote at record rates. They tell abortion polsters abortion rights are their most crucial voting concern. If you look at the gender gap, which has been in every election since nineteen eighty, it is at a record high that is the gap specifically between men and women and what they're voting on. If we look at the Georgia poll that I just referenced that dropped this morning from the Atlanta Journal Constitution, you see a massive fifty points spread between men and women on the question of who you're going to support for president. And actually when we dig into young men, that is even more interesting. So let's put this up there on the screen Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: Same phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Gender gap is defining feature of the deadlocked Trump Harris race. Now, as we have seen racial de alignment in the US, a lot of it is polarizing amongst gender lines. Now still the most polarizing thing in America is education. But education is also polarizing amongst gender lines. We've had now some four years of massive female enrollment in colleges relative to men, huge numbers of young men gen Z men specifically dropping out of college and or not even attending college in the first place, pursuing a different career path. I think that's great, but culturally sets people up for a lot of divisions whenever it comes to the dating market in terms of wages, where you move. I've talked about this a lot it really determines like who you are and like what you do. Now, based on that, what we see is this dating thing is a real phenomenon which you actually pull. This is fantastic. Let's put it up there on the screen. Some three quarters of college educated young women are less likely to date a Trump supporter. So here we have all young women people who say that they are a lot less likely to date a Trump support some fifty five percent. Somewhat less likely is actually still more amongst Republicans.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Republican women are like, that's.
Speaker 2: Why I'm like, it's no true, you know, I mean, but this is the survey of American life.
Speaker 3: It's actually a pretty rock solid survey.
Speaker 2: Now, it says young women with a college degree, some seventy six percent say that they are less likely to date someone who is a Trump support some fifty two percent say Republican. And then young women with the high school education it's still some thirty eight percent and thirty percent on if they're the question of a Republican or not. So that ad kind of hits at something. And I mean, I think it's very unfortunate, you know, given them the way politics are and just sociologically and like what that means for the country. But that's what the AD, I guess, is trying to capitalize on.
Speaker 4: Especially interesting they're going right at it. Huh, Well, what I.
Speaker 3: Think they're really going on is, I don't think it's a coincidence.
Speaker 2: There was a black guy, a young black guy who was in there, and because it's part of the blackmail strategy. So first we lecture, then we shame about Oh what Obama said, I need to speak to the brothers, you know. So now they're like, oh, well, now we need to make sure that they know that these black women, they're not going to want to get with you if you don't vote for Kamala Harris. I don't think it, frankly think is disgusting, but it is a real phenomenon.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you dig into the numbers also of what issues men versus women say are their top priorities. And again, as you're reporting before, like I think it's difficult for people to actually say, like this is my top issue and this is how I'm ranking things. But anyway, it's interesting to look at the numbers. In August, the economy and inflation were men's most important issues and decide their vote. For women, abortion and the economy and inflation are all tied as the most important issues, and for women under age forty five, abortion is the single most important voting issue. Similar findings. You know, in that Wall Street Journal piece, we had up as well, twenty seven percent of women but only eight percent of men list abortion as the top issue motivating their vote for president. And you know, you see, like we have long seen how the gender gap is probably going to be the defining issue of this election. I mean, there are a lot of different ways that the electric demo electorate demographically is divided, but in this one we are likely to see if the polls bear out the largest gender gap in modern American history. The gender gap emerged basically in nineteen eighty and women have tended to be more democratic and men more Republican for you know, our entire lives, certainly, but we're getting too new and extraordinary levels of divergence between the two sexes. And you also saw this even in the strategy of like Republicans at the RNC. It was this very like you know, hul Cogan and Dana White and this very like campy kind of masculinity, and you know the women tend to vote at slightly higher rates than men, so you know, in some ways you would rather be on the female side of that gender divide. But it just all depends on how large the gap is in which.
Speaker 3: Direction, It all depends on the gap.
Speaker 2: There's also a lot of If you look at married women, they actually end up voting Republican a little bit more than unmarried women. But again, marriage rates are declining, so it's not necessarily I bet that you want to be on.
Speaker 3: So overall it is.
Speaker 2: It is clearly part of a major sociological phenomenon. It is not one that I think the campaign should be getting into because it probably exacerbates and makes it worse, especially once people dig into all this, but it is one that we are likely going to have to live with.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We wanted to give you an update on the latest allegations surrounding Ditty. We have a new flood of lawsuits that raise additional allegations against him. We can put this up on the screen from who Else dmz. They say Ditty was slapped with a flood of new lawsuits sites other celebrities involved. That's probably the most noteworthy and also potentially salacious part of this. We read a little bit of this article from TMZ. They say Diddy's been hit with a flood of new lawsuits, including one brought by a girl who referenced unnamed celebrities and was just thirteen years old when she says the music mobil drugged and raped her at a house party. I'll go ahead and say Ditty's lawyers deny all of these allegations. In total, he is now facing five additional federal suits. All of them were filed by this one Texas attorney on behalf of his clients. They all claim that Ditty sexually assaulted them and separate attacks between two thousand and twenty twenty two, and additional two lawsuits were filed Sunday night in state court in New York, so total of seven lawsuits from a number of accusers. As TMC details, they say, perhaps the most disturbing allegations were levied by this woman who was thirteen at the time when she was dropped off by a friend at Radio City Music Hall in New York City to attend MTV's Video Music Awards. She says that she sort of waited outside, you know, she wanted to get a look at Ditty.
Speaker 4: She wanted to be able to go.
Speaker 1: To the party and you know, have her moment of celebrity interaction encounter. But what she alleges happens is she got picked up by a driver said effectively, yeah, I think you're his type, gets into the party, is immediately drugged with some sort of you know, Cocktail has to lie down because she's so dizzy. And then she says that Ditty eventually entered that bedroom where she was lying down after likely being drugged, with two other celebrities, a male and a female, both of whom are unnamed in the suit. The accuser says the male celebrity ripped off her clothes and raped her while the female celebrity watched. Didty also allegedly violently sexually assaulted her while the celebrities watched. She says she was able to escape the bedroom stagger out of the house to a gas station nearby, where she received some help. And as I said before, the legal team on Didty side says in court, the truth will prevail. Mister Colmbs has never sexually assaulted anyone adult or minor man or woman. But saga, of course you know, these allegations come on the heels of federal criminal charges filed against Ditty for things like sex trafficking. We've seen that horrific video of him assaulting R and B singer Cassie in a hotel hallway and then dragging her back into a hotel room. She really is the person who kicked off all of this investigation and really opened the floodgates viz Avi Diddy, and you know this new allegations involving two other celebrities really does raise the question of who else was involved, who else knew, and who else should also be having their day in court facing similar criminal criminal charges as Diddy himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, for example, it's very like the Weinstein case where it was an open secret. So, for example, fifty Cent was asked about this in a new interview. Let's put this on the screen, and he said that He's like, look, it seems like I've been doing some like I've been saying some extremely outrageous things, but it's just me saying what I've been saying for ten years now. It's becoming more full facing in the news about the puppy stuff. But away from that, I'm like it's just my perspective because I stayed away from that stuff the entire time.
Speaker 3: That is not my style.
Speaker 2: And I think what he's trying to get at here is obviously he's been in the news because he was one of the people who would very often bring this up in public, one of the few actually in the industry that would openly talk about it. It's in the same way that I remember looking at videos like from the Oscars from like twenty five. I think it was Seth MacFarland who made a joke about women having to be with Harvey Weinstein. Everybody looks kind of uncomfortable, but there was a light laugh in the room. But it's like they're joking about it at the Oscars, like a decade before the whole me too situation.
Speaker 3: So how does that work?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Exactly same here.
Speaker 2: It was enough of an open secret to be able to be talked about basically everywhere, for rumors, for somebody very powerful like fifty cent to be able to speak about it, and then the actual lawsuits. I mean eventually, if you even look at the lead up to this whole thing, it's crazy that it took that initial lawsuit to even lead to that HSI investigation and now they're looking back some thirty years. It's like the Epstein case, like the Weinstein case, they're both very similar. Yeah, and how they actually broke into the public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right. And how widespread, potentially the web of abuse was here. And you know, again just based on what the federal indictment criminal indictment says.
Speaker 4: They alleged that his.
Speaker 1: Business was effectively criminal enterprise and that many of the people involved were directly involved in facilitating this criminal behavior. So you know, I suspect some of those people already flipped. That's probably how they had the level of insight and knowledge that they had. There's also allegations that, in addition to the Cassie video, which was horrific, where I mean you can't look at it and come to any conclusion other than this man as a monster, that there are many other videotapes is another thing that has been alleged because many of these encounters were apparently recorded. So in any case, there's a lot more that's likely to come out, but we wanted to give you the very latest about the allegations being raised. Let's turn to what is going on in the Middle East, and in particular a kind of a noteworthy moment on the podcast of comedian Theo Vaughn. He had on doctor Gibor Mate, who is an expert on emotional distress and trauma, and he was talking to Theo about what Palestinian children are going through and what impact that is having on them psychologically, and it really got to THEO.
Speaker 4: You saw him breaking down in real time. Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 7: Such terrible things as the children and Guds are experiencing right now, with the daily bombings and all this kind of stuff, What can they think that there's something wrong with me?
Speaker 6: Oh imagine some kid over there and gods are looking up and there's a bomb and they think, Man, I'm so horrible. I deserve to be bombed.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, there was a study done of guds and children.
Speaker 6: Man, that's crazy. I hadn't thought about that. Like, really, look imagine that though.
Speaker 7: There was a study done of children in Palestine, can you imagine what's going to happen to that generation years from now, years from now? I mean, it just breaks my heart every day when I think about it. And I know I know a lot of my fellow Jews don't agree with me, but as the Jewish person, I'm not the only one feels that way. It especially breaks my heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well when you put it in that sense and a kid, imagine a kid like you know, yeah, because what are they going to think? They don't know, They just think, Man, something's so wrong with me. I deserve to be killed, yeah, you know, or something I don't. I don't know. It's just a terrible no, it's heartbreaking. I mean, it feels like a genocide is going on over there and you don't know what to do, you know. For me, it's like you know, I mean, you can pray, you can speak up about it, and I know that there's like a more political aspects of it. And we've had different people come on to talk about Israel and Palestine on here, and it was very knowledgeable for a lot of our listeners because you hear about it a lot, but you don't know the history and everything.
Speaker 7: But well, I've been there. I went there two and a half years ago to work with the Palestine Women Torture than Israeli jails. Wow, and they had posted my extress disorder. I've seen it with my own eyes.
Speaker 1: Soccer I honestly haven't really you know, watched much of THEO Vonn's podcast.
Speaker 4: What did you make of this moment? Because I think you're more familiar with.
Speaker 2: I mean, THEO is is a very open minded guy. He's I think it actually excels at the podcast format and in I don't think it's a surprise that Trump was the first person. He was the first person to have Trump on the Big Comedy podcast. And I mean he's had Kennedy on in the past. He's had actually a lot of intellectuals. He's not He's not a dummy in the caricature that a lot of people like to put him. He's very aware, I think of what everything that is going on, and so for him, yeah, I think they all do which which you look, you know, and having spent some time around these folks, you cannot get up there sell tickets to thousands of people and be stupid. It's it's almost impossible. Some limited cases, but they're Kevin Hart. But what we see with THEO, and specifically he is big on addiction and he talks a lot about that. He talked about that with Trump and Doctor Monte also has talked quite a bit about trauma, an addiction how to get past that. So that was where a lot of the bonding happened with them. But you know what, some of the something that Matte in particular, doctor Monte excels at is this description of the horror of like childhood trauma and his own experiences of his mother escaping the Holocaust and how it internalized for him. And he talks a lot about parenthood. I highly recommend if you have not listened to any episodes or really any of his discussions books, et cetera, I really think you should check it out. It will help you really change my perception actually of internalized trauma for children and how that can be you know, how that can materialize over years, even for someone like him who experienced these things when he was just a little baby. So in that context as well, I thought it was pretty powerful.
Speaker 3: I mean for someone like the O two.
Speaker 2: Look, let's be honest, like the vast majority of the old audience probably codes right wing. A lot of dudes, people who were young you don't think about this type of stuff, especially in this context for a while. So for someone like THEO to break down, I mean he even used the genocide word, right I think that's pretty crazy. Those two things together. That's got to have some impact.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I mean, I think there's just a basic human moment here where if your heart is at all open to what is being done to these children in particular, you can't help but be, you know, be heartbroken about it. And I read an article yesterday about we can put this up on the screen, this image. It's very hard to watch this little girl, I don't know, maybe she's seven years old, who is carrying her injured sister through the streets, who's just you know, maybe a toddler, maybe a little bit older, likely orphaned. I I was just saying, I was reading this article yesterday. There's nobody knows how many orphans now in Gaza, but it's at least in the tens of thousands. And just imagine, like, you know, her little sister is injured, and I guess she's lucky that she at least has a big sister who's there to hold her hand and try her best to care for her. Imagine that these doctors are talking about little kids in the hospital undergoing amputations with literally not a soul there to hold their hand, to comfort them, to help them get through the pain and the trauma. And I mean, it's just unimaginable what we are doing to these kids, in particular in Gaza, who did absolutely nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: And you know, I actually didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't really know that kids tend to blame themselves for whatever trauma they're experiencing, and their interpretation of the world is like, well, if this bad thing is happening to me, I must have somehow deserved it. But I mean, that is it's unspeakably awful to contemplate. Some of these kids have been through so much that they've literally gone mute, so they'll you know, arrive at the hospital, they'll be they brought to the hospital after perhaps all of their family has been killed, that they're alone. They are so traumatized that they literally lose the ability to speak, so they can't give doctors and other social workers even their name to try to find if they have any relatives who might be able to care for them. It's just, I mean, I don't know what you say about it. And this is the latest, you know, whore that's unfolding here. We can put this up on the screen. These are people who are once again being forcibly displaced from Northern Gaza. The Israelis have said, effectively, if you don't leave Northern Gaza, which as you can see, is already basically reduced to rubble, then you will be considered a terrorist.
Speaker 4: You will be considered fair game.
Speaker 1: So, you know, for God knows how many times these people have moved, They've been living in tents. There's little food, there's a little aid, there's next to no sanitation, communicable diseases they're spreading. Almost everybody in the godsas Strip at this point is sick or injured. And yet here they are, once again, you know, trying to flee to somewhere that will be slightly safer. And as this is going on, the journalistic angle that CNN decided to take is, Oh my goodness, isn't it so terrible for the idea of soldiers who are inflicting these atrocities and horrors on the Palestinian people. I literally cannot believe this article. As I write, we can put this up on the screen. Their headline is Israeli soldiers returning from war struggle with trauma and suicide. They have a trigger warning at the beginning of this article, warning readers about you know if their sensitivity because one of the individuals here pictured ends up taking his own life not a trigger warning, because they describe how this individual and some of the others that they profile talk about running bulldozers over hundreds of Palestinians, and the take on that is not my god, the atrocities that are being committed. The take on this is, oh, these poor IDF soldiers are coming back with PTSD. I mean, you can't even you can't even make it up, they write here. For many soldiers, the war in Gaza is a fight for Israel's survival must be won by any means, but the battle is also taking a mental toll that, due to stigma, is largely hidden from view. Interviews with Israeli soldiers, a medic, and the family of Mizrahi, the reservists who took his own life, provide a window into the psychological burden the war is casting on Israeli society unbelievable. They profile one guy who, like I said, talked about how he's a vegan now because he had to run over so many hundreds of Palestinians and see their insides squired out that he can no longer eat meat. And the person we're supposed to be sympathetic for is not the Palestinians who are being murdered, but for the soldier who's traumatized by doing the murdering.
Speaker 3: Like what are we well, that was the wild part to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, look, I could get you know, this idea that young people sent off the war that they didn't even necessarily choose and all of that, But you're like, they're profiling PTSD about people having to run over bodies, and You're like, you don't see a little bit of the Like you don't see the difference between this or how it would be equally applicable maybe for the people.
Speaker 3: Getting run over or also have to watch other people run over them.
Speaker 2: That's where it all just looks ridiculous, you know, especially with that CNN angle. But I mean in general, that's really the That's what the West like wants to look at it, right, They would just want they It's very simplistic for them. It's like this is you know, Nazi Germany. So yes, it's very sad what happened to the German people, but at the end of the day, it was worth it, and that's what it all is. But the problem for that, obviously is not only is it much more deeply complex or whatever than that, but they also refuse to see the pushback that this is leading to the US itself, which we talked about yesterday with sinwar and with how we basically is like a hero amongst a lot of people inside the Middle East. Now, but now by enabling a lot of this, we have this war in Lebanon where when you start to look at the demands for what the end of that war is, you're actually looking at the same reason for why we're spending one hundred billion dollars to support Ukraine. So how does that work? We're talking about Israeli basically demanding territory in Lebanon. Okay, fine, but then don't tell me that we need to support Ukraine because of an unjustified illegal invasion, as if what the un sanctity of borders is so important for one client state but then not for another.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's exactly right. And just to go back because I relate the CNN article really floored me. Other people like I'm not the first one to say this, but imagine during World War two, a profile, and like, you know, I switch prison guards and the trauma that their experience from the horror of their job. I don't see this as any different. Sorry, I don't one of the people they are profiling here as so traumatized. Was you know, one of the idea of soldiers like posting his war crimes on TikTok for the world, is proud of proud of what he's doing. It's proud of what he's doing there, he's posting it for the world. So I don't know's it is a sick, sick view that you look at these kids who are orphaned, who are amputu, will spend the rest of their life without a parent, without family, if they even escape with their life, who will deal with this trauma for the entire rest of their days? And this is the profile that you decide to write. But you know, to get to the larger geopolitical situation here, I can put this up on the screen. Israel has issued to the US their demands for ending the war in Lebanon. Was in Bill Clinton who said, who was the fucking superpower here? Apparently Israel? Apparently we're the client state. And I'm not even joking about that, because how else can you read the situation at this point. Israel gave the US document last week with its conditions for a diplomatic solution and the war in Lebanon. Israel's demanded its Ida forces be allowed to engage in active enforcement to make sure Haswala doesn't rearm and rebuild its military infrastructure close to the border. Israel also demanded its air force have freedom of operation in Lebanese airspace. Now, I want you to imagine from an American perspective. Let's say that Canada was some you know, client state of global sup of China, global superpower. Right, But let's say that there were the client state of of China, and they wanted the ability to have access, unlimited access with their air force to our airspace, and they wanted to be able to conduct military operations in some significant part of our country whenever and however they placed. There is no country on Earth that would accept this type of not just breach of their sovereignty, but this is an all assault on Lebanese sovereignty. And you know they've already talked about effectively annexing Lebanese land, creating this quote unquote buffer zones exactly what they were talking about with regard to Gaza. Now they're talking about just one of the party coalition partners was just at a conference talking about how we need to push out all Palacinaians from Gaza and just resettle all of this because quote, the land is ours. Okay, that's been the trajectory in Gaza. We also see now they're putting out these propaganda videos exactly like the ones that they used in Gaza, claiming that there's Hezbolah money underneath of a hospital in Lebanon to lay the groundwork to justifying an assault on the Lebanese health system and hospital system, just as they did in the Gazas trip. So you needless to say, this is not a serious proposal for any sort of peace or cessation of hostilities. There is no way that anyone is going to accept these kind of conditions, which is basically are like, we want to be able to do whatever the hell we want, whatever and however we want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's basically right. All right, Thank you so much for watching, guys, We appreciate you. There'll be a great counterpoints show for everyone tomorrow. We'll see you all on Thursday.