Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you. Thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air Air on Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Good Morning. Today is May twenty sixth. It is a long weekend for a lot of people, but we got that May Gray. I'm just trying to make sure May grat did not last all May this way in other days.
Speaker 3: I want to say, no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't remember, honestly, when I first started paying rent. I feel like when you first start paying rent and you're paying your taxes in California, that's when you start to really remember what the weather's like. Because I remember I used to say, you know, because I moved from Georgia to California, right, So I used to say, well, the cost of living in California is so much more than Georgia. But you get the sun every day. Got paid for that sun every single day. Now I got two months of gloom.
Speaker 4: Right, I've rain on my windshield.
Speaker 5: Bro, The drizzle is a little annoying, I will give you that. Yeah, it's just the It's it's double outfits for me. It's like the you have to bring a jacket in the morning, but then you don't really need it in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Like four o'clock. It's cold. You know my.
Speaker 4: Puffer all day?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I think you saw the sun is out at like one two o'clock.
Speaker 3: So it's like, yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 2: I mean kind of depending on where you are, right. Peaks, it's just a peak. It's a peekaboo, son, peekaboo. So anyway, yeah, sunny this afternoon. Okay, but hi's in the mid to upper sixties. Ny Gray, All right, how is there, buddy? What was your night last night? Tanya?
Speaker 6: So I'll tell you about this show a little bit later on this morning. But we're really into this new show called Yellow Jackets.
Speaker 3: And yeah it's not new, it's not new, but.
Speaker 4: It's new for us.
Speaker 6: We just started watching it like two weeks ago, and I just bought showtime specifically for this show, so we wanted to finish it within that month trial because we don't want to keep paying for showtime.
Speaker 4: So we're really busting through them.
Speaker 5: You know, the things you spend your money on and the things that you really nickel and dime.
Speaker 2: So you have a countdown clock on your free trial.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I put the the date in my calendar so that I can't.
Speaker 2: You know, I always when every time I get any subscription that's a free trial, I always worry because I know that either I'm going to forget that it kicks into a charge, or I'm going to like it so much that it's going to make me do something to get it back that I can't figure out how to do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: The problem is just like there's so many and it adds up, and you don't we don't use all of them.
Speaker 4: You just do it because you want one thing and then you forget. And I was like, I'm not doing this again.
Speaker 5: No, because there's too many, too many, Like I got Peacock for the Paris Hilton Reality Show and that was the only show.
Speaker 1: No I haven't.
Speaker 3: I still paid four ninety nine a month for it.
Speaker 5: But you know what, I think the Paris Show is coming back or it might have just come back, so it's like I'm going to watch it again.
Speaker 2: Is it worth the Paris shelf?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes it was?
Speaker 5: The Paris Hilton Reality Show is like every what was the Oh I forgot the name of it is so good and Kathy Hilton, her mom is like everything in that show.
Speaker 2: But should put it on the weekend? Watch this one of these Fridays it did last year last year, who can remember.
Speaker 6: But I'm so proud of us because we burned through four episodes last night, four.
Speaker 2: Hours through the Diplomat in about two nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really committed to that one. Well, care Russell, I get it.
Speaker 2: But I liked you're in the American.
Speaker 3: You really haven't like committed to anything besides White Lotus.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I am commitment oriented, but I am not commitment oriented with the series that are on TV.
Speaker 3: We started selling Sunset last night.
Speaker 2: That is great.
Speaker 3: I like it because it's in La But man, they're dramatic, but.
Speaker 2: I know, but you can watch it with the sound off. It's very pretty.
Speaker 3: Honestly this season.
Speaker 5: You've got a can How was your night? Sicany Well, that's what we did. And I cooked a little dinner, you know. I started ordering a hellow Fresh, which is like the meals that come already prepared in like a brown paper bag for you. Really, I can take the thinking out of like cooking for me, And so I did a little. It was like a chicken sausage pasta for what's like the big realm pasta. I can't think of the name of Penne, not Penney, but it's like even bigger than Penny and large penny.
Speaker 3: It's like a cylinder. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: So I cooked that for the kids and they loved it. I had to keep all the green stuff out, green onions out.
Speaker 2: All that you ever get. So like I was in a rush last night. I was hungry on my way home and I could not make a decision of what to pick up to eat. I could, like, nothing sounded right, nothing was convenient, nothing like this where I was turning. So do you want to know what I did?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 2: Rigatoni? Apparently is the poster you're thinking is a good dog name? That is a cute RIGATONI. I stopped at seven eleven.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: I got a cookies and cream Quest Bar and a cookie dough chocolate chip Quest Bar and almonds. That was my dinner.
Speaker 6: West Bar, Like that was my job.
Speaker 2: Quest leave.
Speaker 3: You got a question.
Speaker 2: I could nothing sounded right. I could not make a decision. It was so unme and I pulled in. I literally got two Quest bars and almonds and that lot because I wasn't quite sure if I'd like cookies and cream.
Speaker 6: If you take them and you put them in the microwave for like thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: They get like a warm cookie. Who by the way, the chocolate chip cookie dough one was poor good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't make you.
Speaker 2: Yeah gassi or pooky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little gassie.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I just means hours ago.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like we would have had the effects already. So maybe it's I.
Speaker 2: Would have the effects on the night under the sheets man.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, poor Georgia.
Speaker 2: Georgia doesn't seem to mind any gas. She doesn't really. It's funny because sometimes I'll even, you know, when your breath is really bad or really garlicy and you go on her nose doesn't know.
Speaker 4: They probably like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe she's Yeah, she has a savory nose. So here we go eight hundred and five to one two seven at Kiss FM. So we were talking earlier this week about the I was walking, I was out and about walking down the street and my phone on my screen said air tag can see your location.
Speaker 5: Right air, which is strange because you don't have an air I don't have air tags.
Speaker 2: But then I started thinking, well, how is this person as air tags? O I know where I am.
Speaker 3: This must have rattled you.
Speaker 2: Well, I couldn't figure it out. That doesn't seem right. I can't even get into my eye Apple Plus Tunes to stream something I can't. I cannot get into Apple TV plus streamer for ted Lasso without fourteen authentication codes.
Speaker 3: You can change that?
Speaker 6: How we don't even go.
Speaker 2: I gotta do four different things.
Speaker 3: I don't have to do that for me, so you could obviously change it.
Speaker 2: Well, how is it that to see ted Lasso, I need triple, quadruple, what do you call it? Tubs?
Speaker 3: It just depends on the factory, depends on the streamer.
Speaker 2: So you must have quad factor to see my shows. But yet some in AZUSA knows where I am because they're air tags. I don't do it. Just makes sense. So Regina's calling, I can't get her on the line, but it says someone put an air tag on her and they were tracking her, so they were intentionally trying to connect with her and then follow her.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've actually heard of that.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. What have you heard of? How is that possible that strangers can get into your location? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I don't understand that, but I have air tags.
Speaker 5: Michael gave me a bunch of Christmas one year, and when you open them up for the first time, it actually has a little warning on there and it's like, please do not use this to track people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going to make people want to track people. Right when you say that, that means they're going to want to do it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not save.
Speaker 2: I have not watched it yet, But have you ever seen your back get lost and follow it all over the place? Apparently that's a real good sport. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I put it on some of my luggage and it's a little nerve wracking because it takes a minute for it to update sometimes and so you get nervous that it is lost, but then all of a sudden update.
Speaker 2: But can you see where it's going when you're not with it.
Speaker 3: You can see, yeah, where it's essentially traveling to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Regina, did someone follow you like a stranger through these air tags?
Speaker 7: My boyfriend did my car?
Speaker 2: Okay, So did you know he was trying to track you?
Speaker 7: I didn't know until my phone notified me that there was an air tag nearby, Right, That's what happened to me for a while. Yeah, so it went on for a while, not until I got home. Was I able to open my find me up or I find my phone, and I saw the little red track of everywhere I had been that day, and the air tag was following me.
Speaker 2: Why was he following?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Why? Oh? Because according to him, he just wanted to make sure I didn't get into any trouble while he was gone.
Speaker 2: What trouble would you get into?
Speaker 7: Exactly? I said. If you can't trust me, then maybe we shouldn't be in this relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're air tagging your significant other, we got a problem.
Speaker 3: And not telling her is one thing.
Speaker 5: You can follow each other's locations on your phones like you could have just ask you tell.
Speaker 7: Me about it? So then think think about me feeling like, Okay, my boyfriend's gone. I missed him, and then I go home from work and realize, oh, he's been following me all along. So the phone call that I made to him was not nice at all.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna stay with this guy? It's been six years, but you don't sound so excited about it?
Speaker 7: Dunt d There's a lot of things that we have to work on, but that air tag was a big no no for me. You we have to try to build from there if we can we're gonna try. We can get away, no phones, no nothing, and hopefully go from there. But awful, awful, awful feeling. But the minute you walk away from the air tag, it won't say that there's something nearby from you, near like near your location. But once it's once it's close proximity, then oh yeah it will.
Speaker 2: All I know is I cannot watch Severance because I need a four factor code. But yet someone stranger air tags can follow me around exactly all right, thanks Regina.
Speaker 6: You haven't finished Severance, No, it kind of.
Speaker 2: I did lose a little interest.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: You have to push through it. You have to push through it.
Speaker 6: There there's an episode or two that are kind of like, what.
Speaker 2: Well, walking down that hallway, it's like, I get it. It's a long hallway from like, I get it's a long hallway. Could you please get.
Speaker 3: To the other end?
Speaker 2: Right, it's a long hallway? Serious?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I agree with you?
Speaker 2: Ryan, Okay, that hallway, I get it.
Speaker 4: It's long, but the ending is so worth it. You have to push through.
Speaker 2: Mcked, Did you quit?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't finished. I never started.
Speaker 2: No, we've got your morning hack and a quote of the day for a Friday. So what ruins a barbecue? Bugs?
Speaker 3: Bugs?
Speaker 2: I do not do well with bugs. Now, mosquitos generally eat the person to my left, So I try and try and position myself always on the right. I don't know what that's about. Mosquitos generally go to my left.
Speaker 3: And then is that everybody you think or just you?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I mean that's not the hack. I just know that if I'm on the right, the mosquitos go to my left. Maybe it's a downwind thing. Maybe it's a blood type thing. Maybe it's like a pheromone thing. You find that you get the mosquitoes come after you. Sisney, Yeah, what's your blood type?
Speaker 3: I'm like, you a positive?
Speaker 2: Oh that's strange my life general act. Yeah, Well, here's what you do if you're out grilling this weekend. Coffee grounds. They do not like the smell of coffee. So put the coffee grounds in water at the center of the table, and spread some coffee grounds around the perimeter of the patio as well. Like really, they'll pick up.
Speaker 5: Your guests come over and they're just like, what's happening, guys.
Speaker 2: Looks like a little ceremony, but it's fine, mosquitoes don't like it.
Speaker 3: All right, I mean, try it if it works.
Speaker 2: I got lots of coffee grounds. I you know, I grind my own beans. I'll be out there. I'll be out there taking a perimeter around your deck. No problems.
Speaker 5: Didn't we have a call a caller Wednesday? Irish spring soap as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the call it for your Friday.
Speaker 2: Make your own music. The right people will dance along.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: Just looking at seven o'clock hour. We're gonna get into it in a second. Marianne in the back room, she was telling us about a bad, bad first date. She just went on, I want to hear why it was so bad? What makes a bad first day? You got to hear this? Also, Siciny, you've a story about how the babies of the Facebook generation now are grown up.
Speaker 5: Right, they're grown up and they are kind of horrified at all this stuff that their parents put on social media.
Speaker 3: Okay throughout these past two decades.
Speaker 2: Into that coming up, let's get to the headlines first.
Speaker 1: Just FM headlines with siciny.
Speaker 5: Well, not great news for Memorial Day weekend. The La County Health Department is warning residents to avoid swimming surfing and clean in waters at some beaches due to high bacterial levels. Affected beaches include Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach, to ping A Canyon Beach in Malibu, Santa Monica Canyon Creek at will Rogers State Beach, and Santa Monica Pier. A California lottery player is one of the state's newest millionaires after she won two million dollars from a scratcher ticket she purchased from a Compton donut shop. Ruby Evans purchased the winning instant prize crossword scratcher from Sweet Time Donuts on the six hundred block of East Compton Boulevard, and despite her big.
Speaker 3: Win, she says she's gonna keep playing the lottery.
Speaker 5: And The official Memorial Day holiday travel period kicked off yesterday in what's expected to be one of the busiest weekends since the COVID nineteen pandemic began. Now In anticipation of all those people on the move, Lax opened a second cell phone waiting lot, hoping to encourage more people to wait for arriving passengers there rather than circling through the central terminal area.
Speaker 3: The second cell phone.
Speaker 5: Lot is at ninety sixth Street and Alvarstone Avenue on air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: It's Friday and a lot of y'all going out tonight, or a lot of y'all maybe went out on a date last Friday night. Marianna from the back room went on a bad date. And the greatest thing about having a radio show is we can talk about a bad date. Maybe that bad date.
Speaker 3: Hears about it, right, We're always room for improvement.
Speaker 2: Right, So why was the date of bad date?
Speaker 9: Well, the first red flag was we got snacks, so he picked me up. We went to the movies and we got snacks and he got chicken tenders and he realized that it didn't come with fries, so he asked the person working there.
Speaker 3: He's like, okay, just like slides him in there.
Speaker 2: And I was like, slides them in like for free, like all over for free.
Speaker 9: And I was like so me and the girl just started laughing and she's like, I can't do that. And and then after that we went to go watch the movie and he wanted to leave early, so we left early. Oh this guy is not fun, right, That's what I said. And he wanted to leave early because he wasn't enjoying the movie, and I'm like, what I.
Speaker 1: Need a great time?
Speaker 4: The movie is good movie.
Speaker 9: Those fast eggs, it was like so much action. Yeah, he was like, oh, is it okay if we go? I'm like, I guess, And then he kind of realized that I didn't want to leave. So when we were walking out, we had already left, and he was like, oh, I feel like you don't want to go, Like and he's like, let's go back. And we went back.
Speaker 2: It's uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Go back on because you actually want to finish the movie follow but.
Speaker 3: You're already on the first day. Yeah, Like I was like, what is this?
Speaker 4: Who leaves a movie early on a date period?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Then? Like it it's called common courtesy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I said. Well, we went back, but the doors were locked, So.
Speaker 2: How did you in the night?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're not done here.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 9: He dropped me off and as soon as I got out of the car, he left, like he didn't even wait for me to get in my house. Like literally, I closed the door and he left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you meet this guy? I met him at the gym and.
Speaker 4: He asked me, come on, no it's good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, this is the guy at the gym.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 9: But he asked me if I can take a video of him in the beginning, Like he's like, oh, that was like so many Yeah, that's how he approached me.
Speaker 3: He's probably done that a million times.
Speaker 2: I think I met him because I saw a guy with the phone against the wall and I crossed his shot while he was doing curls and killed me. So you know, I'm chooting this bro, and I'm like shooting what your phone's like on the floor. Oh, you're shooting the video of you curl gosh, just before I got punched. Okay, well I don't like it. Now. Do we not use the gym as a potential breeding round for dates?
Speaker 4: No, it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah I thought I would see anything wrong with meeting him at the gym.
Speaker 4: Marianna getting out of her pattern?
Speaker 3: What was the pattern again?
Speaker 4: She only dates people that she's known for past Yeah. Yeah, well it didn't go so well with It's okay, It's okay. If you don't try first, you keep trying again.
Speaker 2: Treats me just think I'd rather be alone, I know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm like, I'll.
Speaker 2: Go to fast accent and watch All by Myself Happy without the drama of you bro to leave thirty minutes in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch a whole movie.
Speaker 2: Back to the.
Speaker 5: Franchise Greasy Fingers already just like within the first dating for you to get into your house.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Still when I drop Becca off at her house, I wait till she gets in her house before I drive away.
Speaker 5: That's thoughtful, and my ubers do that for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was like, am I doing too much?
Speaker 9: Because I feel like you should definitely wait for me to get inside. But no, as soon as I close the door, he like left, Well.
Speaker 2: This weekend off and then let's figure out next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that stressed me out. Thank you, Take this weekend off. Everybody's off this weekend.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, take the weekt off.
Speaker 3: I thought you were like being so kind.
Speaker 2: Off. You know what I think? Tubbs is having leftovers from his dinner last night. Did you do a little Memorial Day barbecue before Memorial Day weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was just.
Speaker 2: What exactly are you having and why are you having it cold? That's a that's like a dinner meal, microwaved it. What is it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's a burger.
Speaker 2: He's having a burger right now? What time is it you're having a burger? And what else? Too early for burgers? I thought I would try the fries, but that's no good. No, they're soggy and gross a day after it's not even seven thirty.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Are you a bachelor? Move? Yeah? This is like how I would eat if I were really single.
Speaker 4: No, I love a burger in the morning when I'm on my period.
Speaker 3: Well, Tubbs is clearly not on his period.
Speaker 2: I never know, not for me.
Speaker 5: Noo.
Speaker 2: I just find it shocking. You know, people's eating habits say a lot, don't they?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And how they eat and how Also, any.
Speaker 4: Food chemistry is important when you're dating.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more when we talked about this about one hundred times. Yeah, we know Robbie and I have great food chemistry.
Speaker 4: You guys really do.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Siciny tell me about this Facebook. Babies are adults.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how would you feel if you like millions of people watch your childhood tantrums or potty training struggles when we were kids. I feel like I have hundreds of videos of me crying as a kid or pictures of me in the bathtub. But the difference is that my parents have those on VHS tape and they're at their house and they were never posted.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: The children now of Facebook era are beginning to grow up and they're traumatized.
Speaker 2: They're like a little horrified because they can see all this well because it has.
Speaker 5: Been out there for think about it, it's been out there for almost two decades at this point.
Speaker 2: Is this the first time this happened in our world lives?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's more so maybe the kids that like where their videos really really went viral, you know, So it's more like the videos that really got like the millions and millions of views and things like that, more maybe embarrassing videos.
Speaker 2: So if this is really the first graduating class of it, it's turning back. It's going to continue to replenish with every generation that goes by, because everybody stuff's all out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, parents share. I mean, I'm guilty of it for sure.
Speaker 5: I try to be very cautious of what I post online and what I say on the AMA kids. When it comes to my kids, I've never really posted bathtub pictures or them having meltdowns or anything like that will be there forever exactly. But it really it's even made me think given further of like, am I posting still too much?
Speaker 3: Like they don't have a say right now?
Speaker 2: So I don't know, it's exactly. That's the thing. I don't know if I ever have kids, I don't think I'm gonna feel so good about posting anything.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna do the same.
Speaker 2: To be like a very protective parent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you're gonna post.
Speaker 6: I think you're gonna maybe like post your baby when it's born, like maybe it's the baby baby, but I think that's it.
Speaker 5: After Yeah, I always kind of have this, I kind of have this rule of like, oh, I'll post when they're babies, because babies, you know, you really don't know what they're gonna right, but you don't know what they're gonna grow up to look like.
Speaker 3: But now is an five years old?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Why'd you do that? Mom?
Speaker 5: Not even that they can be like we're out and about, they get recognized, So it's just wait, your.
Speaker 2: Kids are out and about obviously with us.
Speaker 5: But yes, and so are the fans saying, well, it's not even fans. But like when I was reading this article, well, for example, the woman that was like talking about this in a negative way, she was saying that her mom had posted so many videos about her that she was once followed home by a person that knew her from the internet. You know, So just it can get super creepy and weird, and it's just it's a slippery slope.
Speaker 6: Like like Christian Cavalary, she posts her kids, but she'll post post her faith their faces so like she'll hug them and.
Speaker 4: You see the back of their heads.
Speaker 6: Sea, Yeah, there's a ways to do it. You still see that she's a mom and she has kids and they're part of her world, but you don't you can't. You would never recognize them on the street.
Speaker 2: That's clever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, So it's just that these kids' lives are now. You know, they're they're growing up, they're entering the workforce, but their digital footprint has been there for now. I mean Facebook really became public after two thousand and six, So these kids are entering the twenty twenties and.
Speaker 2: It's all going the other way now and all this stuff's going backwards on you watch AI gonna be.
Speaker 5: Able to Well, they're saying like you should not even show social like kids should not be on social media until.
Speaker 3: They're the surgeon general eighteen. Yeah, like at least like in their late teens.
Speaker 2: Stephanie Los Angeles calling Hey, Stephanie, good morning. How you doing?
Speaker 8: Good morning, I'm doing so good.
Speaker 2: You want to uninvite a friend that you invited on a trip?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 2: This is about uninviting. I've had to do this sometimes.
Speaker 3: I feel like I have had to do this.
Speaker 2: I've had to do this sometimes. Okay, why do you want to uninvite your friend? And where where are you going?
Speaker 8: Because we're taking a girl's trip to Miami for my birthday?
Speaker 2: Right and fun?
Speaker 8: I want to uninvited Frank because the last trip we went, she was just not sur vised, like she wasn't having it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but wait, did you know you're going to Miami when you invited her to join you? Or did that happen later?
Speaker 8: I knew I was going to Miami before we went out, and her Bible wasn't it, So the plans were already made.
Speaker 3: Where did you guys go? Where her?
Speaker 7: Where?
Speaker 3: Her vibe didn't click with you, guys?
Speaker 10: It was an event.
Speaker 8: We were just having fun.
Speaker 2: What is her vive? It's not good, Like.
Speaker 8: She wasn't dancing or anything. She just wanted to like relax and like she was just in.
Speaker 3: A funky mood that day. Is it possible?
Speaker 6: Like also, maybe she might not want to go on the trip either. Maybe you guys should really like play up the fact that you're going to be partying and dancing and doing all this stuff, and maybe she'll just tap out on her own.
Speaker 8: Right about, Like I don't know, wow what to tell her?
Speaker 10: Like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: She's a problem. I am her. Oh like I am her, Like that's me on a trip. I don't want to do any of that stuff y'all want to do.
Speaker 5: And then how do you and you know what, and you have friends like this and I think it's okay, then have them stay back at the hotel.
Speaker 3: The ones that party, they go.
Speaker 2: Everybody's to get up and go do stuff. I'm like, guys, it's a long weekend.
Speaker 5: Let's chill and then you meet up for certain things dinners and things like that.
Speaker 2: And then but I am I'm her s Stephanie.
Speaker 3: And I am you Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Don't uninvite. Just let her do her thing and not let it affect your vibe.
Speaker 5: That's the plan, you know, I think so too, because you don't want to burn this bridge and lose a friendship over this trip, do you no?
Speaker 8: And then like also my friendship also telling me like, oh, like you should not sorry, because like she was just completely off and I'm pretty sure it's like this every time she goes out, all right, she doesn't seem like to be that type.
Speaker 5: Of Sometimes people change on people change on vacation because I've I've done so many bachelorettes wh people are like, oh, this girl's boring or this girl's this, and then we get there and that's like ends up being the most wild girl of the trip because when you're on when you're on vacation, you let loose and like a different you comes out.
Speaker 3: So she could just she could be the life of the party. You never know.
Speaker 2: Good luck with it, Steph. I would let her come. The fact. I am that person that when we're on a trip like that, I want to sit in one place and make that the longest sit I've ever had in my life. Yeah, I want this sit to be four hours and feel like seven.
Speaker 6: That's my dream to go to lunch and sit at lunch for like four hours and then go to bed and they.
Speaker 2: Have right and everybody say, you know, we should do after this, let's go. I'm like, guys, no, let's not do any of that.
Speaker 3: I like to explore a little bit more than just one spot.
Speaker 2: One spot. That's all I want at one spot. No one like needing the table in twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: We can see you. But do I need the table back in you know, thirty minutes. No, I'm gonna I'd like to be for seven. Yeah, even if I'm finding myself in there with Ryan Seacrest. This is our segment.
Speaker 3: Called I'm a Hustler Baby Home.
Speaker 2: Town Hustler, celebrate entrepreneurs here and selling California. Maybe don't have the platform to promote their businesses with marketing dollars, and we're here. We're gonna do it for you. So actually I'm conduit joining us here in Long Beach, our whole town hustler.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, how are you right?
Speaker 10: Thank you for having me on today.
Speaker 2: Of course I'm curious to know more about your story. So you were working as an accountant and you were just not loving it, right, I worked as.
Speaker 10: An accountant for a few months. I was interning in DC while I was in college, and I You're right, I did not love it. So what I did was I graduated from college in twenty seventeen. I worked in real estate selling real estate for about four years to save up to buy the equipment, and Snow Corner opened in August twenty twenty one. But the location of my shop has been in the family since the early seventies.
Speaker 2: Snow Corner it's across the street from Long Beach Poly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was across the street from Long Beach Pollei High School, which is also the high school that I graduated from.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of.
Speaker 10: Super behind it.
Speaker 2: So do the students cruise over and grab stoff having class in.
Speaker 3: A great location?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: All the time. There are two times that are absolute madness, and that is two o'clock the first bell, and the second bell is at thirty thirty five, and we do get a rush of kids, especially on hot days after.
Speaker 2: Pretty smart to set up shop right across from the Jack Rabbits home.
Speaker 10: Yep, yeah, yeah, it was ideal too. I mean the fact that it's been in my family for so long. What happened was we developed a location through the city of Long Beach to change the use from an office space to a food and the current use. So it worked out pretty well.
Speaker 2: And what is this is our hometown huster actually from snow Corner in Long Beach snow Corner Corner on Instagram. What is New Orleans style snowballs?
Speaker 10: So snowballs are similar to shaved ice. The difference is that the ice is very very fine, it's almost powder like. We save it down and then we combine it with our over thirty flavors, and then we add in homemade soft served and Ella ice cream with it, and then we have condensed milks that we layer. Wo wow, it's really really good.
Speaker 2: Well congratulations. Actually, I'm just a huge fan of people finding something they love to do and making it work. You are inspiring somebody right now to make the move and pursue something they love. Thanks. Actually, you take care and good luck with everything down there.
Speaker 10: It's no corner, come down corner.
Speaker 2: Bye? Hey did you get it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: When you were at losal was there a place you guys could slip too fast? After?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Volcano Burger.
Speaker 2: When I went to Santa Monica, m East and Mocha College BK broiler at Burger King.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Volcano Burger was right across the street from Losalle.
Speaker 3: I'm still there.
Speaker 5: And they have like the big steak size French fries.
Speaker 2: Oh no, thank you.
Speaker 3: They're like DoD Yeah that's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm a singer, I agree.
Speaker 5: But the ones there, I'm telling you that, Yeah, I wouldn't even get the burgers. I would just get Like the on air where Ryan.
Speaker 2: Seacres, Tanya wants us to go find a bully so we can bully not find.
Speaker 6: Them, but we all have them, especially on social media. Makes it so easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those aren't real people.
Speaker 3: I don't really they're engage.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're not real people that know you, they just post stuff up to get inside your head.
Speaker 4: But it still gets inside your head and it hurts your feelings.
Speaker 2: They were a bully bullies when I was in elementary school. I didn't like it. I was very happy when they were out sick on the bus ride like morning, they would not be on the bus. You're kind of super psyched. But who got bullied in what happened?
Speaker 3: Tanya Taylor Lautner.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he was on Instagram the other day and he did this kind of just like talking into the the video on Instagram. Basically he was saying how he was watching They were doing a lot of press last week. So there was these clips of him doing various press outlets, right, and he was reading the comments underneath one of them, and they were all commenting on his physical appearance. Some of the examples he's not aging, well he looks so he looks so mid Now, what happened? He aged like a raisin. This guy looks like old broccoli.
Speaker 2: What's the problem with people? And what did he look like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he didn't share which post it was that these people were commenting on, but he showed the actual comments and he like circled them so that you could see. And he talked about how for many many years he really stayed basically in a hole. He did not like to go anywhere where people would recognize him and take photos because of this trauma that he experienced about people commenting on his appearance all the time. His physical appearance cut too. He shared all these comments. One of the bullies that wrote to him responded and said, Hey, Taylor, I think it's good that you called me out. I should have expressed myself differently and I never meant to hurt you in any way. I deeply apologize and I will watch my words in the future. I know they can harm a lot. I wish you nothing but happiness.
Speaker 2: So that sounds like a decent person.
Speaker 3: On the other end, Yeah, it's like, why did they say it in the first place.
Speaker 2: The response doesn't sound it sounds like two different people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, cut out the middle because it was a really lengthy response, so I cut it out just for brevity. But basically they were saying I was commenting because I am also aging and I remember growing up with you. So it made me realize, like we're we don't.
Speaker 2: Hear all that, Like you just say the mean words, you throw the rocks, and then you get all that other stuff. But why even I just don't know, don't read the comments.
Speaker 5: Like once you hurt me, even if you apologize, I'm just like okay, Like, no, I'll never forget.
Speaker 6: Taylor responded to that comment and said, like, I really appreciate it, wish you well, like it was actually a really beautiful kind of exchange.
Speaker 3: That's nice, but still I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too mean, Yes, a scar in my head on the list, like like y'all ever do something like that. It's on my list.
Speaker 3: Exactly like you're done.
Speaker 6: This is my unofficial pitch to get Taylor Lawtoner in studio.
Speaker 3: You don't need to pitch unofficially pitch him. Just pitch him.
Speaker 2: Do you pitch?
Speaker 6: I think we should have him on the Morning show. He has a new podcast with his girlfriend. It's called The Squeeze. It's a really great podcast about mental health.
Speaker 2: Does everyone get a podcast? Realizing the deal is there no governing body to limit the podcast? What's podcast about?
Speaker 6: It's a mental health podcast, so they dive into various different mental health issues or mental health aspects of things. They had me on to talk about my book because it was about positivity and like that type of mental positivity. It's a really great podcast. He does it with his wife, who's also.
Speaker 2: That's a podcast with purpose have him.
Speaker 6: On and his wife is also named Taylor Lotner was like Taylor and Taylor Lotner.
Speaker 2: Just just saying, I just got a podcast. You have a podcast, We have no, I have another one. I researched people who have podcasts on my new podcast, find out how they got their podcast on my podcast.
Speaker 3: That's actually a great concept. For a podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's got a podcast. Want to figure out how they got the podcast. That's my podcast?
Speaker 3: What's your podcast about?
Speaker 2: It's very it's about them getting their podcast. What's your podcast about? Tanya? And how did you get it? This is my podcast? Welcome to my podcast. How did you get your podcast?
Speaker 4: My podcast is called scrubbing In? And Uh, I.
Speaker 2: Really need you to answer. I'm just playing out the role of my podcast, asking out with people's podcast because everyone has a podcast. Everyone, so that a podcast asking why do you have a podcast?
Speaker 4: Is that a yes on Taylor?
Speaker 3: I would love to see Taylor on Taylor Lawner. Is it a yes on his end?
Speaker 4: You want both him and his wife?
Speaker 2: Isn't that who's in the podcast? Yes? Great, Well I'm doing my podcast. Let me tell you about my podcast about your podcast? So yes? Is this? This is like a donut right? It's going in circles?
Speaker 3: This show a little bit.
Speaker 6: Well, you have to approve everything. I can't just say like, let's appreciate that's not true.
Speaker 3: Not true.
Speaker 2: Things get booked that I would definitely not have approved a lot true? Uh what Mark one? Yes, things just go right past my email and they get booked, and I ask afterwards how that happened.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: So we invited Taylor Lautner and Taylor Lutton come on the show. And then Tony says, well, do I approve? Now that is funny because last time, last email I saw it was siciny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I proven some guests. I wasn't approving. This is a suggestion though.
Speaker 2: You said you loved all those people.
Speaker 3: No, I said, oh.
Speaker 2: You said no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: I said, this is the person I love. And then I said, I would also take this person.
Speaker 4: I would also take this first.
Speaker 2: That person help. They don't ever find out who they are. Ah wow, so good is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you witnessed a self checkout theft siciny.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, no, okay, look, this is how rumors get started.
Speaker 2: Well get started? Why you just clear it up?
Speaker 6: You're right here, fairness, that's what it'sa was on his sheet.
Speaker 2: I know that's what became money approved to put on my paper.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I witnessed it, Okay, So I went, I don't even want to say the name of the store.
Speaker 3: I don't know because I what if I did witness it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, anyways, well, there's only so many I have self checkout. I can do a process of elimination.
Speaker 5: Fine, So I went to a craft store here in the valley. You all can figure it out. And and so I'm coming out with the stuff and I have the kids with me.
Speaker 6: Would you be a little vague, michaels mine.
Speaker 3: None.
Speaker 2: Amost stopped so I didn't want. I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Actually, that could be really nice team bonding.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah we need some team bonding. But you don't like to come when Tany and I go tea, So now you're going to come paint with us.
Speaker 5: I am so upset right now. So that's savage. So listen, okay, okay, I'm trying to check out.
Speaker 3: Nobody craft story named after your literally like my house. Nobody listens to me in my house.
Speaker 2: My husband's listen my kids. Let's assume your husband at a craft store named his name God.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, So we're the lady comes to me, she was like, are you paying with cash?
Speaker 3: Your credit card?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, uh whatever, but like I can do credit. She's like, okay, then there's a self checkout. I'm like, gosh, that's annoying already. I'm like, you're right there, why can't you check me out? But that's that's a whole other story. So I'm checking everything out and then I see the person next to me. It's not it's not the finished window. It's the window that you're still like clicking all your items, and then afterwards it goes to a different window where you're basically pay and.
Speaker 3: She just left, Like I'm telling you, she just left.
Speaker 5: Like I kind of witnessed it, because then the next girl comes in to start clicking her stuff and she just starts adding her stuff to that existing and.
Speaker 3: It looked that way.
Speaker 5: Well I don't it wasn't much, but I was like, and that person that I thought stole was with somebody else and they were kind of like talking together, and it was like, you know, this is on my head too. And so then the person that comes in, and I was like, I don't know if I should tell them, like do you know like that there looks like the carts already open, like I think you're adding.
Speaker 3: And then I was just like, I'm just gonna stick to.
Speaker 2: My you know, don't get involved.
Speaker 5: Don't get involved, because now I'm going to be like involved in like accusing people of stealing and maybe they.
Speaker 2: Didn't, but if they didn't, if you got caught up in the.
Speaker 5: Person and that person just paid and I didn't have any didn't seem to have an issue with like what she saw on her screen. I mean, we're all adults. You can read clearly on the screen. So she seemed fine. So she paid and left, and then I just kind of sat there and I was just like, did I just witness someone stealing?
Speaker 3: And I don't know if I did.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that you get involved. I'm with you on that. I never think that your place. I have to tell you, though, if you want to come watch me do self check out. I'm pretty proud of myself.
Speaker 4: I've gotten pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good at it, Like I could actually work there.
Speaker 5: Oh I did I.
Speaker 2: Check out? See if people are checking me out checking myself out.
Speaker 1: I am the.
Speaker 5: Worst at it, and I get so frustrated with it. I don't like any sort of machines like they think.
Speaker 2: I thought I was having major panic attacks when I had to do it the first time, and it's all like worked everything peep peep, Like I.
Speaker 3: Want to talk to people.
Speaker 5: The nicest cashiers are I was working there, No, I wanted to speak to somebody, Like when we were in Japan, they had these venue machines for like the ramen, and I couldn't figure out.
Speaker 2: How to build.
Speaker 3: I couldn't build the robin and I was so mad.
Speaker 5: My ramin came with like just noodles and like Michael was just like I tried to help you, but you didn't want my out.
Speaker 2: And I was like, Michaels, you mean the name of the store?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: My husband?
Speaker 2: Your husband, Mark, yes, sir. Earlier, Tanya requested Taylor Lautner come on the show. Have we heard any news? I don't believe we put the feelers out yet. I wrote it down though, that we will reach out after the show. So process the feelers are not extended. They're writing it down on the post. That has happened. The feelers go out in the text them right now.
Speaker 4: Get this thing going, Oh okay, what are you going to text the tailors?
Speaker 2: Well, why did you tell us two hours ago? Sorry Taylors.
Speaker 6: Because I am not a booker for the show, so I can't just be like, hey.
Speaker 2: This is a team business, team sport, right I mean, yeah, so go ahead, feel free. Matter of fact, why do you host the watch list? It's a team effort.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's go all right, so weekend watch List? Everybody, Sysney, what are you watching this weekend?
Speaker 1: The wet List?
Speaker 3: Just watch.
Speaker 2: That first, that's fine, Okay, what do you watch this?
Speaker 5: Well, I told you we started selling Sunset. I highly recommend. But you need to watch Firefly Lane on Netflix.
Speaker 3: It is haven't I heard of that?
Speaker 5: Yes you have, because this is the second season, and I believe the series finale as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to come back with an o sis because the way it ends is just.
Speaker 5: Like the last two episodes are just like weeping and weeping, weeping. But it is such a good It's about like these two best friends and it actually it shows you their life, but it goes like back and forth and from like present time to like the seventies and eighties, and one of them I was like actually a journalist, so it's like she's and that played by Catherine Heigel and so she It's just like it's such a good show.
Speaker 2: Sounds good and I've heard things about it so very very good. It's on the weekend. Watch this, Tanya, what's on your weekend? Watch us?
Speaker 6: So we are watching Yellowjackets on Showtime. It is in its second season, but we just started it two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 6: It's about a team of high school girl they're a soccer team and they they're plane crashes and they're basically just stuck in the wilderness and it shows you, like how they survive. It's present day, it's past it's so good. We were really bombed after Jury Duty ended because we were so invested in Jury Duty and we loved it and we could not find another show that we were into and enter Yellow Jackets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a great Why is it called yellow Jackets?
Speaker 4: That's their team? That's their soccer team name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, and Ruby, what's on your week and watch us? Oh?
Speaker 11: I love Yellow Jackets too, But I'm also obsessed with Love and Death on Max HBO Max formally, but Elizabeth Olsen plays Candy, who's a housewife and she decides to have an affair with her neighbor. So things get really juicy and intense, and actually episode seven dropped yesterday, so it's so so good.
Speaker 2: I've seen a billboard for that. I think I've driven by a billboard for that, right.
Speaker 11: And she she's such a great actress in this It's like she's incredible.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I'd like to recommend Phineas and Ferb if anybody's seen Phineas and Ferb. If you want a little break this weekend for holiday weekend, Phineas and Ferb put a smile on her face. Disney, you know that one. No, No, your dog Sonny would like it.
Speaker 3: Cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Phineas and his stepbrother Ferb Fletcher. They're determined to make every day of their summer vacation fun. And I think that's a good lesson.
Speaker 3: Adorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, now you know what I'm doing on.
Speaker 1: Air on air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: Moins he is l a man. Look at that La Dodge you gone on with roses on it all day? Kiss h Seacrest with you rolling into the weekend. Hey, do you like the Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 12: You you have a barbecue, Go to barbecue, go to usually man, I just do it like a gotteness out at the house. I go like the I go to the cane. Yeah, and go get some meat and make some Yes, I'm over there, chicken you know, do some things.
Speaker 2: But you act like that's nothing. That's like a good spread, bro, that's like every Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like natural for Latinos. That's a good raised on it.
Speaker 12: Come over, Ryan, you were always invited. Man, you're always invited.
Speaker 2: So you you and your girl by the way, yeah, you and your girl clean out your closet out here. This is what's fun. Mark is me a note about everybody that comes through the studio, and I'm your note is you're cleaning out your closet with your girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Man, every spring, every spring, we clean the closet out and we donate a bunch of clothing.
Speaker 2: Like I get rid of everything.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 12: So I get I donate to working Wardrobes, to La Mission, shout out to them. I get rid of everything. But I was noticing this time around that I was doing a lot of the donating, like she wasn't getting rid of a.
Speaker 2: Lot of stuff.
Speaker 12: And I called her. I was like, yo, babe, like what's up, Like are you not donating? She goes, oh, yeah, I got a couple of things. But I noticed, like I got rid of practically everything, and it made room for stuff that she had delivered that week.
Speaker 2: So she has a bunch of new.
Speaker 12: Clothes in the close, and I have no clauses now clothes. I know.
Speaker 2: I had to tell you. You know, when I was growing up, and especially when I first started working here in La I held on deck everything same. I really found it difficult to give anything up because it was like my first denim jacket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 2: It's because my first checkered flanneled shirt. You know, it's like, do you still have it? I got as funny as I bought two back then and I kept the green one. Nice. Nah, I give the burgundy one away.
Speaker 12: Do you guys have anything in your clothes?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I have to do so much. Michael is the worst. I can't get him to throw away stuff. And when we are doing like a donate pile or whatever pile, he has like shirts that he wants to keep because they're sentimental, and he's like, well, these are for like the boat house that we're going to have one day.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you, wow, you know you want to build a York and this is my York shirt.
Speaker 2: I just need my Dodger jerseys because I'm Lord of the game. I want a boat house.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they have no boat out.
Speaker 2: He's a dreamer, that Michael. I love him.
Speaker 6: My minimalist era, so I'm like, really, just wearing the same sweat sets every day nice and I'm really into it.
Speaker 12: But you closet is nice and organized, and she got one hanger.
Speaker 2: She got one sweatshirt, not one.
Speaker 4: But it's like, I have my array.
Speaker 6: I have my array, and I just choose from that and that's what I do.
Speaker 3: I'm organized. I'm just stuffed.
Speaker 2: Tony's got that minimalist thing, and Sysney's got her California closets, so she can put anything in there.
Speaker 3: I really can.
Speaker 2: Actually, what's up this weekend? On kiss? We want to check you out?
Speaker 12: Yes, Wild Rivers Water Park. We got four packs all weekend long, so you better be listening right and.
Speaker 2: Keen to chew. You'll be on tomorrow night. Love you brother, thanks for coming in. Good to see you.
Speaker 3: Love you, Love you.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan Seacrest, I'd see guys for a Friday. I'll be back with you tomorrow morning for eighteen forty Cisany's gonna roll it till eleven o'clock. Here, have a fantastic weekend next week all week Taylor Swift tickets for you to win. All right. The most exciting thing you're looking forward to this holiday weekend, Sysney.
Speaker 3: Is Oh my god, just being with family.
Speaker 4: Hang it, Tanya sleep, sleeping in baby you.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna put my shorts on and show the world my trimmed legs. Nice when I say show the world three people?
Speaker 4: Yeah please Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I want to do. All right. Thanks for listening so on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday Day,