Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Friday morning in southern California.
Speaker 3: It's the first of the.
Speaker 4: Month, that's right, wake up day day one September.
Speaker 2: By the way, uh, I don't know what is Why do I have such technical issues only on me? For example?
Speaker 4: Right now, Mark has sent us all the plan for the show, but mine's still downloading.
Speaker 3: It's taken a little bit longer. I guess, just take a long time. Yeah, because on paper printing. Yeah, mine, like mine's still the printer.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's my.
Speaker 3: Own fault because I took too long to print.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm like, well, why is it? I try to download this?
Speaker 3: Yesterday we had a Zoom meeting and you just like, it's twenty twenty three and you would think you'd know how to work Zoom, but you still can't figure out how to put the ID number in or go to gallery gallery to me.
Speaker 5: Five minutes to figure out.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, it is a little embarrassing when everybody's on the morning show Zoom. So I was trying to get in, but I got this new iPad and I put the zoom app on it, but I couldn't launch meeting.
Speaker 2: I needed the ID the whole idea.
Speaker 5: I thought you were on your phone.
Speaker 4: Way I ended up on my phone because I couldn't get the iPad open, So I'm on my phone. I never do zooms on my phone, So who knew about the gallery on your phone? I know the gallery on my Everybody you just.
Speaker 3: Swipe and then all of a sudden, the gallery is there.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, guys were no help.
Speaker 4: Finally, beat It's like, just swipe left and you'll see everyone.
Speaker 2: And he was like, I don't do zooms on my phone.
Speaker 4: I do him on a bigger screen, and the bigger screen shows you a gallery icon in my.
Speaker 2: It's really funny.
Speaker 3: I don't feel bad making fun of you here, but I felt bad making fun of you like in the meeting.
Speaker 2: Why I love it, I said the meeting.
Speaker 4: Mark did I not even say in the meeting I love it when you guys make fun.
Speaker 2: Of me on the air.
Speaker 3: I just said that I don't feel bad making fun of you here at all, but I was next level.
Speaker 5: It was literally like how my mom facetimes.
Speaker 2: We're just seeing ceiling beams ceiling.
Speaker 5: And like nostrils.
Speaker 3: Although I really did enjoy your ceiling beams.
Speaker 4: I was like, nice, Yeah, that's what you get for an after show zoom yeah, uh yeah, make feel free. I think you know, we shouldn't say fun like I think part of being brothers or sisters, you wind them up, you tease them.
Speaker 2: You just do it.
Speaker 4: And as you get older, as a kid with your parents, you're allowed to do that too. Like I remember as a teenager I got away with teasing my parents. As an adult, I love to do it. Yeah, But as a teenager I could get away with it. As a kid, I couldn't get away with it. They thought I was being smart exactly. You've been smart so all of that and still downloading today's show. But I can tell you, because I know this by heart, that we've got.
Speaker 2: Free gas today. It's a free gas Friday. I love that for some free gas today. Also this hour we the morning.
Speaker 4: It's the number one most attractive trait that both men and women are looking for in a partner. I'm always curious to see if these studies are accurate.
Speaker 3: I love these.
Speaker 2: It's the number one most attractive trade that both men and women are looking for in a partner. I confidence.
Speaker 4: I think, I well, let's get to it. Start thinking about what you think that one thing is that you look for what it is? I didn't think of it, but I think it may be what I want to m h In just a second, Tanya has an early trending report, Tony, what are you working.
Speaker 5: On justice for Justin? Is what I'm saying, because he's getting a little bit of heat on the internet. And I'll explain why.
Speaker 4: I was at the gym last night and I need a guidance on how to handle this. Uh So I'm trying to lift heavier weights. And don't laugh, but I'm trying to lift heavier weights good because I feel like it's good for me. The stage, right, So in order to do it, I need help to get the bar up and then spot me in case I drop it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: So I've met this guy at the gym and he spots me, but his breath. He's standing over me, and he's by the way, he's hot, like he's a good looking guy. So I was kind of like, I mean, I don't I want to say it was like happy that he had a flaw, but he has this there's no like just I don't see physical.
Speaker 3: Bring gum like chew gum and then just have it out like next to your keys and like your phone.
Speaker 4: It's so uncomfortable to do. I'm like, dude, I need a spot. Here's some gum before you spot me.
Speaker 5: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I actually don't think that I'm the kind of person that can tell a person that something's bad.
Speaker 3: But what if you're putting it in your mouth at the like right when he's coming over to spot you, like you're putting a fresh piece in your mouth, and then you're like, oh, do you want one.
Speaker 2: That's not I guess that.
Speaker 4: I guess I could try it, But I'm telling you, I'm very excited that I need a spot at the gym and that this guy's helped me out, But I cannot I can't push the weight up because he's yeah.
Speaker 5: Breathe No.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm only good at telling people I know, probably that something's an issue, right, like strangers.
Speaker 2: Or at least not strangers like this dude's help me.
Speaker 5: If you, like you could tell stranger they have something in their teeth, or like they have something on their nose.
Speaker 3: But like you took the words right, out of my mouth. Bad breath is a sensitive one for whatever reason. I know what you know, Like even a friend, sometimes it's hard to say.
Speaker 4: He has nobody fat. So I don't think he does anything but coffee and tuna. Like I think it's coffee and tuna die. That's what I'm telling you. Like, if I have coffee in tuna breath would think too.
Speaker 5: You can't. You cannot tell him. Becca once told me my breath smelled and I still remember the day.
Speaker 4: Right, So you're scarred, and you have friendship. You have a really close friendship. This is the guy at the gym. All right, let's get to that trending reports on you.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Justin Bieber is getting some heat on the internet and it's actually pretty hilarious. So everybody on the internet is saying that Justin and Hailey Bieber always looked like they're going to different events when they go out, and it's very very true. But in particular, this was the launch. This was a new product that was launching for Haley and it is her Strawberry glaze treatment for the lips. And so the event was at a Krispy Kreme donut shop. She was wearing a like super cute red dress, red heels, strawberry ear rings.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Obviously this is her launch of her new products, so she's dressed up and has her glam full on. Justin is coming out in like a gray hoodie, gray shorts, yellow crocs, a backwards hat, the crocks, yeah, the cross. And it's so funny to see what the Internet is saying because a lot of people were like, obviously it shows he he didn't want to go to this event. He was dragged or whatever, and so he just kind of threw stuff on. It wasn't his event, It wasn't you know. This was for her and he was just there for support. But it's so funny because he could have thrown on just like a red sweatsuit, you know, so it was like a little bit more put together, but still kind of his aesthetic. But to me, I have justice for Justin because I'm like, they were at a doughnut store, They're at a Krispy kreame.
Speaker 2: Also, maybe he wants to let her shine.
Speaker 3: Doesn't want to take the spotlight away from her, right.
Speaker 4: Right, he dresses down. All eyes are on her pulling anyway, but all eyes are really on her. If she's in this like really cool red outfit.
Speaker 5: But it is so funny because their aesthetic is just totally opposite because his is kind of like that, you know, he wears like baggy sweats and stuff, and she's always very very like put together.
Speaker 2: Here's what I've learned.
Speaker 4: I need to ask what I'm supposed to wear when I go to somebody else's thing. But yeah, I ask the SOO, I asked the sign everything other like what do I what?
Speaker 2: What are you wearing? What should I wear? How should I dress?
Speaker 4: And I always believe to dress over than under right, a little more than less.
Speaker 2: You can't go wrong.
Speaker 4: But I will say, back in the day, you two made fun of me for crocs, justin Bieber rolling out to an event and crocs.
Speaker 3: Those are his too, Those are the.
Speaker 4: Right, but he's those or his crocs. I had Crocs way before Crocks or even Croc.
Speaker 5: Did I not show you that I'm a crock Early?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I still can'telie my kids, but not for me, I'm a crock Early.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna save all the things that you guys make fun of because they'll be cyclically hot and in style again at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have like gibbets on my mind.
Speaker 2: So comfortable.
Speaker 4: You don't you get litwhich you start slide slide shoeing and slide crocking. You're so lazy you don't even put shoes on. I don't want to tie a shoe again in my life.
Speaker 5: I like you can put them in sport mode or chill mode. Do you know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I'm too tired to tie his shoes, So shoes strings, shoe strings are out.
Speaker 5: For me, and they're so comfortable.
Speaker 4: Friday morning, Southern California. I like the way it sounds. Let's get to the morning hack and a quote of the day to set you off in the right zone for this Friday morning. So they did a big study at Penn State University and they came up with this, the trait that ranked highest for both men and women. The number one thing that you look for in a partner. Sysn't you think it's confidence?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: I thought along those lines too, and then I saw this and I think this actually is right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tonny, what do you think it is?
Speaker 5: Loyalty?
Speaker 4: Loyalty and confidence number one? Playfulness? What playfulness? It's perfect? Don't you want someone that has a playfulness personal it doesn't take themselves too seriously.
Speaker 5: Does it need to be.
Speaker 3: Number one quality?
Speaker 5: I think about three.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Playfulness covers all the bases. If you have a playful personality, then you're gonna be a good character, you're gonna be lawyer, you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: You might be too playful for me, and and sometimes I need some seriousness.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I need to be more playful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need the playful too because I get so like Emo.
Speaker 4: But it's funny because we're playful here, but in the wild sometimes you become unplayful.
Speaker 3: That's true. I need to work on that, right.
Speaker 4: We need to be playful more often outside of this show. It's not fair that we're playful just with each other. I know people love us, want us to be playful with energy.
Speaker 2: You guys, I'm like my playful album.
Speaker 4: Playful juice. Today's quote Friday Morning, here we go. Don't forget. While you're busy doubting yourself, someone else is admiring your strength. Sistany Tanian's Friday Night Lights Tonight, Oh number six, Los al Griffins Alma.
Speaker 2: Mater coming off with win.
Speaker 4: You guys, that's right, you're going to Veterans Stadium in Long Beach, the Battle of fourteen Long Beach poly Jack Rabbits, Let's go Griffins, Bellflour Buccaneers, Good morning. Bellflour Buccaneers made it to the title game last season, one and one so far this year, as they had to Orange County to play the Fountain Valley Barons and checking out last year's Division eleven champions. The Walnut Mustangs host the Los Altos Conquerors out Hasseion Heights and Clear Skies to weather temps in the low seventies tonight. Actually, in picturing myself playing ball as I'm doing this, I'm remembering me running up and down the field, warming up before the game and then being bench.
Speaker 3: Loved football season in high.
Speaker 2: School, running through the big banner.
Speaker 1: We would hold the.
Speaker 3: Big banner because we were the cheerleaders. We would make the banner and then we would have we would do the stunts to hold it up high, and then the football players would run through it and tear it apart.
Speaker 4: I want to recreate that. Can we do that as a team thing? Happy to a team building, team building run through a bank.
Speaker 5: The twentieth anniversary of.
Speaker 4: The un Answering Secret yeah, yeah, that could be cute. We can actually paint the sign ourselves. Yes, okay, anyway, it's gonna be nicer. There may have a little marine layer rolling in and college football starts tomorrow number six us see host of Nevada three thirty. You see La plays Coastal Caroline at the Rose Bowl seven thirty pm. And my dog's number one. Georgia's new she's she's rusty from football season not being out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's it in Tennessee Martin, I think it's go team. Just FM headlines with siciny.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks like this is going to be the future, right. California residents can now upload their driver's license to their smartphone and can take part in the state's mobile driver's License pilot program now. The DMV kicked off the Mobile driver's License pilot program back in May with a limited number of participants, but earlier this month the public was now invited to participate. So yeah, that means you can have our driver's license in our wallet app on our phone, but we are encouraged to still carry around the as actual physical driver's license as well. Cook's Corner is reopening today, more than a week after the popular tribute Cook Canyon Bar was at the center of that horrific mass shooting. The bar made the announcement on its social media page, saying it will have a soft reopening today at eleven am. Cook's Corner also plans to hold fundraisers for the shooting victims from the August twenty third shooting, but did not give exact dates on when that will be happening, so be on the lookout for that. And the Swifties support for Taylor Swift, well, we know that is so strong, so strong that they crashed the entire AMC app after Taylor's surprised fans by announcing her eras tour concert was turned into a movie. Fans of course flooded the AMC app attempting to buy tickets yesterday, which then, of course led to the site crash. The app shared a message noting that.
Speaker 7: Online reservations were temporarily unavailable due to high volume, and that anyone looking to purchase tickets should visit their local AMC theater in person.
Speaker 3: So they're working on.
Speaker 1: That on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: Sisany tany in the back room the panel getting in a place for the match game one of our favorite. There's really no game I don't like to play.
Speaker 2: There's not a game.
Speaker 4: Let me be correct with English. There's not the game I don't like to play. All the games I.
Speaker 2: Like to play. We'll get there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm a game advocate right now, feeling game games, game game game games are fun.
Speaker 3: I know why?
Speaker 4: All right, let's play the match game for iHeartRadio Music Festival tickets very exciting and Selena Gomez is going to be with us in just a few minutes. How about our first contestant is Good morning Contestant number one, Jenna from Santa Anna.
Speaker 2: How are you? Are you there?
Speaker 4: Jenna, Yes, I'm here, superb. You're contestant number one. Tell us about yourself.
Speaker 8: Jenna, I'm a nerve.
Speaker 9: I'm actually at work right now.
Speaker 2: Oh I could kind of tell a lot.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so well where do you work?
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay? I think I got it. Jessica. Contestant number two, Good morning, Jessica Ontario. How are you good? Right having me?
Speaker 4: It's a pleasure, Jessica. You're contestant number two, So tell us a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 9: I'm actually a high school teacher.
Speaker 8: Today's our first day out in Claremont. I seek out a continuation high school out here, and we're starting in about ten minutes.
Speaker 4: So okay, So wait, Jana is at work, she's a nurse, and you're about to start teaching. So let's get to the match game. Let's do it all right for iHeartRadio Music Festival tickets both nights. I'm gonna give you a phrase with a blank in it. Our panel here, my favorite part of the panel of Cicinay Tanya Ruben Tubbs Well, write down what they think should go in the blank. Then we'll hear your answer and see if you match.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. Whoever gets the most.
Speaker 4: Matches at the end of a round goes to Las Vegas first one. Janna, You're contested number one, You're up first stand by Jessica. Jenna play, don't say it, Play, don't say I just think? Play blank play blank play blank panels writing down their answers.
Speaker 2: We're playing the match game Friday. Okay, all right, Jenna play what what'd you say?
Speaker 6: Bow?
Speaker 4: Play ball? Okay, Ssany, let's go to the panel. What'd you say?
Speaker 3: Play ball?
Speaker 2: Congratulations?
Speaker 4: Let's just see what Tanya said what'd you say, Tanya, Plato.
Speaker 2: Ruby?
Speaker 10: I said Plato as well, Yeah, it's not a yeah tubs playtime.
Speaker 4: That was one of two thoughts I had that you would have. Okay, let's go now to Jessica. So you got a match there, Jana, Jessica, let's see how you do. You could tie it up right now, here we go. Yours is.
Speaker 2: Deep blank. Think about it deep blank.
Speaker 4: Think about that and the panel writing down their answers right now. If you match, we'll tie it up and go to another round. Okay, Jessica, what'd you say deep?
Speaker 3: What so deep sea?
Speaker 2: Deep? See school teacher with deep sea? I like it? And Siciny, what'd you say deep ocean?
Speaker 3: Which is kind of the same thing.
Speaker 4: It's not the same thing. It's a totally different word. It's got to be a match. Okay, Tanya deep end.
Speaker 3: Ruby deep deep sea.
Speaker 2: You're both gonna be late for work.
Speaker 4: Okay, times what'd you say deep dish? Well we start over here, we go, take it to our i Aradio Music Festival.
Speaker 3: It's the ties. Keep doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, next one.
Speaker 4: All right, Jana, this is yours blank body blank body. Okay, panel, write down your answers. All right, Jana, what'd you say? Blank body? What any word body go for? And here we go with the panels.
Speaker 3: Hard body, which is also could be a sexy body.
Speaker 2: Not ocean. It's not hard. It's Tanya's turn.
Speaker 11: I said, strong body, Ruby, I said summer body, tubbs, full body.
Speaker 3: Are good?
Speaker 4: Okay, Jessica, for the win, get a match, and you're going. Here we go water blank, water blank Jessica, think about that.
Speaker 2: And here we go with the panel. Play the match game, all right, Jessica, what did you panel? You ready?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: Panel?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did you say, Jessica?
Speaker 1: Water polo?
Speaker 2: All right, water polo, water.
Speaker 3: Water sport, which is water.
Speaker 2: It's not almost match game. Okay, it's not quite a match game. It's match came I said water park ruby.
Speaker 1: Water said water balloon.
Speaker 4: Oh good, chobs, water slide, Oh my god. Okay, you're going to be into the next day's work by the time we find I mean jan of the nurse, Jessica, the teachers going on our already music festival. I cannot stop until we get a winter.
Speaker 2: Here we go. I'm changing it up a little bit for the wind. You ready blank?
Speaker 4: Jonas blank, Jonas okay, easy, okay, all right, and Jannah.
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 8: Nick Jonas?
Speaker 4: Nick Jonas is gonna be very telling to see which Jonas you know the top of mind for the panel panel, Sisney, what'd you say?
Speaker 2: Joe Jonas Jonas? Tany what did you say?
Speaker 5: Kevin Jonas?
Speaker 2: What you say?
Speaker 3: I said? Love Jonas?
Speaker 2: Love Nick Jonas, love Nick Jonas. Okay, Jessica for the tie, here we go.
Speaker 4: Chris Blank, Jessica, Chris Blank, Chris Blank.
Speaker 2: All right, Jessica, what you say? Chris So?
Speaker 3: I ended up saying, Chris, Oh, that's the one I would have said, we would have matched.
Speaker 2: Sicany I said.
Speaker 12: Chris Jenner, I said Chris Pine.
Speaker 3: I said Chris Jenner's.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Now, let's here's the deal, Jana, Jessica. If Tobbs says Chris Emsworth, both of y'all are going to the festival. If he didn't, Jenna, you win, uh, Tubbs. Chris Pratt, Janna, it's as tight as it gets. Congratulations, You're going to the IRT Radio Music Festival in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Jessica. Okay, so hold on, let me see, Jessica, I'd like to give you. I can give a Tista tickets or something that.
Speaker 4: Would you like Tista tickets, Jonas Brothers tickets, Jessica.
Speaker 9: Would you like, oh, Jonas Brother's ticket, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Corde get it.
Speaker 4: Well, please get a signed autograph for tubs of Nick Okay, I sure will.
Speaker 8: That's why I would want it one from you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Jenna, Jessica, appreciate you. Listen, that was the longest Matt game we've ever played.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I could play that game for an hour me too.
Speaker 4: On air with Ryan Seacrets, it has been too long since Selena Gomez has dropped by.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi there, How are you good? Are you good? Can you see us and hear us? Okay?
Speaker 1: I can? You?
Speaker 6: Guys look fantastic?
Speaker 3: So do you?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: I try.
Speaker 2: It's been so long.
Speaker 4: We were just talking about I feel like it's been honestly the longest we've gone I think without talking to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, it's actually been a little weird. I was like, uh, this is not normal, me releasing something and I have to talk to Ryan.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: We're all very excited to see Selena Gomez here with us this morning.
Speaker 2: Kiss that fab.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many times I've said Selena Gomez and Rama this summer.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I mean it is.
Speaker 4: Congratulations because that track has done some really cool things globally, hasn't it.
Speaker 6: Definitely, I honestly feel like the luckiest girl just because he came up with the idea and I feel honored to have been his choice. And it was so crazy because we knew it was going to be a good song. Well, I loved his work, but I definitely didn't expect it to be two years going strong.
Speaker 4: I kept saying at number one, Selina Gomez and Rema at number one. But that's awesome. It's really cool to see that. What was the highlight for you this summer? Looking back at it's sort of coming to a close now, what was the best part of summer for you?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I don't know. I mean, honestly, I'm thrilled to be able to release some music. I know this one wasn't the official one for the record, but I had been itching to do my own stuff for a minute, and I was just excited to finish up the album. It's not done completely, but it's basically going to be the last steps of it, and I'm really excited and pumped. It's been a while, so I'm happy.
Speaker 4: So singles soon is something that you've had in your possession for how long?
Speaker 6: About six or seven years?
Speaker 3: No way, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a long time ago, and I just I found that the song it's it's one of my favorite songs, but I've always felt like I couldn't necessarily relate to it. It was during the whole Lose You to Love Me era and before that, and so I just felt like it didn't really match where I was, and it kind of does now.
Speaker 4: So that's so interesting to hear because you know, people speculate when they hear lyrics, they speculate when they hear a song, and I think you said, well, their speculations are not near accurate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it was. So it was a it was a fun song that I got to do, and it really wasn't about anything or anyone. It was the idea of like, gosh, I all my friends love when they're in relationships, but I also have really strong, independent female friends that are just all about embracing who they are and loving being single. Like one of my best friends right now is so happy being single and choosing a lot of relationship. It just is so cool. To To me, there was no ulterior motives, like I wasn't doing anything. It was just a fun song.
Speaker 4: And Tany and I were talking about just the album that is to come earlier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm obsessed with single soon, Like I think I'd probably listened to it like a thousand times since it came out of us. Is it the vibe of the new album? Like, is that the good vibe? Check out? What's to come?
Speaker 6: Actually really fun because this is the first album that I will not have a single sad song.
Speaker 3: Those songs, okay.
Speaker 6: Those sad songs, just beautiful songs that are really fun, energetic pop as pop can be. And I'm so excited because it's just it's it's the new version of what I've walked through and now I'm just happy and I just it feels good. I mean, I still have my days, of course, but I feel so positive and I'm just really grateful.
Speaker 4: So that was a deliberate decision because of the way you're feeling that you didn't want to put something on there that would have other people feel like that or go into.
Speaker 6: The Yeah, it's not necessarily that I was avoiding it. It's just it kind of came to be what it is. And you know, there's a song that I wrote for my fans on the album as well, and so there's moments of me being vulnerable and most of my music is, but it's more about embracing where I am now and who I am now, and I want everyone to have a good time.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Selena Gomez is here. This is the track we were just talking about. It sets the tone for album SG three. It's single Soon. Selena Gomez here this morning. On kids single Soon, there's moments before someone knows that it's about to no longer be but you know what's coming and you're kind of excited about it, exactly, all right.
Speaker 2: It's so fun. I know.
Speaker 4: I'm just like listening to that and it's like I get butterflies for the person that doesn't know they're going to be single soon. Right.
Speaker 6: Look, the boys get to do a lot of the hurting sometimes, so that is true.
Speaker 4: Well said, Well said, It's great to have you with us. Selena Gomez. He we're talking about the new album which will be coming out soon, and she was saying if you just got here that they're all upbeat songs, they're all positive songs and there's a good sort of navigating track right there to give you an idea of what it's going to be like.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The other thing you have to know is that everyone came in here today saying, oh my gosh, do you know what we're wearing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, yeah, Peach.
Speaker 3: Tangerine, no, Selena. I think I speak for all the ladies here. I need to thank you for making the best mascara ever. Rare Beauty has like changed the game in the makeup world. So I know that, like, and it's funny because we were talking about it. All the girls here were like, oh, Tanya's using the highlight highlight every day, Kayla, where's the all of us are into it? So what like, how I know that you kind of like launched this during the pandemic. What was like your overall message when it came to this beauty line, because I know, like, obviously with beauty, there's so much out there, but like yours is really breaking through.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. It has been a gift that just keeps giving. I honestly, we were going to launch it COVID happened, so we did most of it online and the objective of it was really to create a space and makeup that wasn't necessarily about you know, changing your appearance and or like needing the makeup. I wanted people to feel like it was easy to use, easy to do. I don't know, I hate doing my own makeup, but I love when I can use products that I've created and that I feel really good about it. I've put my heart and soul into this company and it has changed my life, and I love when people wear it and when they show me, and it just it's a really I don't know what to I didn't know what to expect, and I assumed a lot of people were just like, oh God, here comes another celebrity makeup brand. But I really feel like it's not just about me. It's actually about rare and rare and what it's done and everything.
Speaker 4: There's so many things that are on your plate and that you're doing now and seemingly all the time. One thing I love is that you love to be around the kitchen. I love to be around food because I'm a massive foodie. Is there one thing like I always talk on this show abou how much I love canned fish, sardines, anchovies, things like that, and they look at me like, wow, well see they look at me like that's Selena.
Speaker 2: That's exactly the look I get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm giving you that look.
Speaker 2: I know you're giving me the same look.
Speaker 9: Is there?
Speaker 4: But is there like a food that you love that's really really obscure that like not everybody is so excited about because I'm always trying to get them to get into these vari.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's the slimy that's the slimy vegetable.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, Selena when Ryan made you drink that shake like.
Speaker 1: Years ago?
Speaker 2: It was a green vegetable. Damn.
Speaker 3: She'll try everything once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then then that was it. All right, Well, great to see you. Hopefully you won't you won't wait that long to come back and chat with us again, because I know there's so many other things you got coming up.
Speaker 6: Promise I won't. I'll be back. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Bye on air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Why don't two point seven? It's a kiss. Thank you for streaming us. And if you have to go, if you get out of your vehicle, take us with you on iHeartRadio mobile on your device. There so when you told me about this, I thought, wait, I am one of them? Is an so on the glass door we're about to do our hometown.
Speaker 2: Hustler, I'm a hustler bird.
Speaker 4: And on the glass sort of window door, right, they say welcome. What is it colonelones?
Speaker 2: Comelones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of like a term of endearment for someone who likes to eat a lot. So like and when Sylvia finishes all her food really fast, it's like, I got Comelona.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a cute way of saying, like an eater.
Speaker 2: Can they call me that from now on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gomelon, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Come alone. I feel like I fit that. I love it. Right, this is and this is about food right here. So let me tell you. This is our wholetown Huster segment. This is great. I love it.
Speaker 4: This is where we spotlight somebody here in our neighborhoods that's doing something great and something that they love.
Speaker 2: And they're paying their bills doing it.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Eric and Patricia of El Sereno green Grocer, they didn't have intentions of opening up a grocery store. That was not their plan. But after they volunteered at the El Sereno Community Garden. They talk to people, they asked, you know, neighbors and locals there what they wanted in the neighborhood, and that's how they came up with green Grocer. Let me grab them now on El Serrano. Good morning, Erica Patria. You are our home town hustlers. Congratulations, Oh thank you. So I know hi, we know that it's called what we just said, green grocer, the neighborhood store. But why did you decide to make it, and why'd you decide to open it and how'd it come about?
Speaker 8: So we have we also steward the els Reino Community Garden, and there we do a lot of work around food and plants and especially vegetables and fruit that are part of so many different racial and cultural communities. So over the last five years we've had conversations and we really talked about wanting fresh, local organic produce from local small farmers that really speak to the different cultures that are here in Alcidental, and we didn't have that, and so we really are like hustlers of produce. We are figuring out who are the farmers who are the like local farmers who are treating all of the cultural experts. Well, you know, paying all of the fruit harvesters and farmers, and so we are building relationship with them, getting fresh produce in here. And you probably know they know this, but fresh produce lasts like we've got to sell it within three days. So we're sort of moving a lot of produce and it is it is a hustle. So we're a green grocer.
Speaker 4: Green grocer, you forged those great relationships. You get the best product people who are doing all the right things in growing the product. And what is your background? Eric and Patricia?
Speaker 8: I'm Pataducia. So I have been a community organizer for all of my life, working particularly with survivors of gender based violence, and food has always been the grounding healing mechanism, talking about how we can heal our bodies. It's been there's a whole spiritual and emotional aspect about learning how to nourish oneself. And Erica and I met through community organizing and education and food. You want to share about you, Erika, Yes, I am an educator by trade and have been organizing community since college and education and higher ed access and building community resources and resilience. And so when our work in the garden flourished. We decided to open a green grocer because of the needs and the asks of community.
Speaker 4: I love it so much and what you're doing. And I'm also a massive advocate for what food can do for families, for people, for cultures, for disagreements, right, I mean for different absolutely, people who don't see eye to eye. You can sit around a table, you can share food, and you can start seeing each other and understanding each other.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge proponent of that concept.
Speaker 4: And the tomatoes I'm looking out on Instagram are looks so good. Saturdays, right, is the saturdays you have a seven dollars fill your basket special, right, tell me about that workway.
Speaker 8: So the idea is that we really do want to offer the freshest produce, and we do have relationships with farmers who are either doing produce drops every other day or we're going to them at their farm or the local farmers market, and so we do have to move it quickly. So that's part of it, just making sure Thursdays and Fridays we're getting it out, excuse me, Fridays and Saturdays. But also there's something about people reconnecting with produce as fast food, but also as cultural food and in grocery store sometimes it's just so confusing, like this is thirty seven dollars per pound, this is five dollars per unit, you know, and it's just we really found that this concept of come fill your basket, fill your basket with nourishment, try new things. Many people haven't tried okra before, you know, many people haven't even tried fresh fresh corn, even though they might be indigenous to the Americas. So it's a way for people to try fresh produce, ancestral produce and just fill the basket without trying to, like, without really worrying about the cost and the way the weird ways that economics has made produce inaccessible inaccessible.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Erica Patrisia of El Serena Green Grocer. Check him out Honeyton and al Hamburn. Now Serena you can go to at El Serrano Green Grocer on Instagram. I loved meeting you both. Thank you very much for coming on and telling your story and congratulations. Thanks for being our hometown hustoor this week.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, Thanks for having us.
Speaker 4: Bryan, thank bye bye, So we'll be next time you're there.
Speaker 2: Okra and tomatoes, Yes.
Speaker 1: No, they have, they have.
Speaker 10: I've been there before and they have just the best election of different items from the neighborhood and they're the best.
Speaker 2: And squash blossoms like I know what to do with squash blossoms.
Speaker 10: Yes, I made those actually for the first time ever. They are so hard to.
Speaker 2: Did you do did you stuff with my cheese?
Speaker 12: Yah?
Speaker 2: Cheese? Any deep frime like Tempora.
Speaker 3: Delicious And if you.
Speaker 4: Want to nominate somebody for hometown Hustler, go to kissim dot com slash Hustler. It's Beyonce Weekend, right, She's doing Sofi Stadium. She got three nights. Perhaps the most important event occurring over Labor Day weekend in LA is this big stop so Sydney. What are people buzzing about. I know that she wants herm going to come dress a certain way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tonight is night one that she'll do Tomorrow night and then her birthday which is Monday, and so everyone's saying that's going to be a very special, big show. There's rumors going around that she might have surprise guests that come out on Monday. Who knows, right, we really don't know what to expect when it comes to the surprises.
Speaker 4: Well, jay Z come out. That's the one and jay Z just go back on Instagram.
Speaker 3: That's one of the big rumors. So who knows. But this marks her first solo tour in over six years. That's why everyone is just so excited and over the moon that Beyonce is finally touring again. Where Silver? That is the big memo. Everyone knows that already if you saw her Instagram. She basically told everybody this about a week ago, and since then, online stores have been selling out of everything Silver, from Etsy to smaller shops. They say that they have seen a two hundred percent increase in sales and a four hundred percent bump in overall traffic just for people going to their sites.
Speaker 1: Isn't this crazy?
Speaker 3: Like the impact that just one little Instagram post of Beyonce saying where Silver?
Speaker 4: When you were talking about the surprise guests or whatever, I was like, oh my gosh, Taylor, what if Taylor and Beyonce were on the same stage?
Speaker 2: Would we live? That would be I mean, it can't happen. That would be the most fun.
Speaker 3: Belo and Taylor taking a little break right now until November.
Speaker 4: Kind of maybe if Taylor Swift walked out with Beyonce right now at so far, I don't know if I will come back.
Speaker 3: That would be insane.
Speaker 5: Hope she does like a cake and everybody can sing to her.
Speaker 3: That's so on Monday. Yeah, I think of course they have to have something planned for her.
Speaker 4: The mute challenge that people are doing at the show and who's muted the longest.
Speaker 3: So so far Atlanta has muted the longest, so La, we really need to step up to the challenge here. And what this is is when Beyonce sings, look around everybody on mute. Everybody needs to be on you. It's the first verse of energy, so everyone in the crowd is expected to go silent and so far, like there's been other cities where just like, somebody ruins it, somebody cheers or somebody does whatever. So Atlanta really, like, I mean, who knows that we could Let's see. I mean, you know, we're so competitive.
Speaker 2: I feel like, don't mind me, I've spilt my water on the desk.
Speaker 3: I was wondering out of his chair, already looking over to see what you're shaking his.
Speaker 2: Head log, Oh what else will we do?
Speaker 3: And another reminder is that there is no opener Beyonce does not need an opener, so she doesn't have one. The parking lot opens at four pm, stadium gates open at six pm. Beyonce is slated to go on at eight p m. So plan accordingly. You know, traffic will be lovely like it always is here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: And don't forget clear bags exactly.
Speaker 3: It's so if I stadium clear back policy. You can check their website for all like the measurements and whatnot. But it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: If you go.
Speaker 4: Please find us on in the beginning of the week next week, please find us and come on and I want to I want to talk to you about it all right, one eight hundred and five two one two seven. Here at Kiss FM, Karen is on the line.
Speaker 2: Grab her. Oh, I know she's.
Speaker 4: Calling about You were talking earlier about this Google doc that people can access because of all of recently there have been so many hidden fees at restaurants and people are talking about these fees, trying to understand what all these hidden fees are all about.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, like why are we being charged three dollars here, two dollars there, which doesn't seem like a big deal. But now there's a spreadsheet where we can track all these restaurants to see.
Speaker 4: The specific restaurants and see what they're charging, and then you can actually talk to employees ef they're getting the health charge, out benefit charge or whatever exact.
Speaker 2: Karen, good morning, How are you.
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How is everyone great? So you're a manager who's dealt with what?
Speaker 9: So I'm a general manager.
Speaker 8: I was olks.
Speaker 9: I ended up bleeding that because the overall morale within the restaurant was really hard to overcome and facing guests who are being charged in eighteen percent service charge. The owners said that, you know, this is to support this staff and the hourly wages. That was really a spiel that we were kind of like really infilled to, you know, say, but really what it does is the money just goes in the bank and then they supplement the staff's hourly income and pay them higherly waged. So where some of the staffs, you know, some of the servers were paid like twenty four to twenty five dollars an hour, which is wonderful, but any gratuities were split amongst everybody, you know, back of the house, front of the house, which is also a beautiful thing, but the guest didn't really have to day and that kind of really rubbed a lot of people wrong. And to have to face guests day after day after day in the eye and convince them of something that I didn't believe in was was really detrimental. You know, it was really hard to do. And they've since removed that service fee.
Speaker 2: And how does it work where you are now? Where you're the manager.
Speaker 9: I'm a general manager at a place in Burbank. I could say the name, but that's a cute and so did not have it Urban Press Winery. We're a winery and bourbank on downtown San Fernando, right around the corner from me, maybe, so we do not have any fees at all. It's completely up to the guest to leave.
Speaker 2: The guest then appreciate that and leave a nice tip.
Speaker 9: Generally, absolutely, absolutely, And when the eighteen percent service charges included, a lot of guests were feeling like, wait, do I have to tip on top of this? Why don't you all just raise your prices? So it was a lot of questions that I didn't have any answers to, but I just had to be stoic about it and I answer anyway.
Speaker 2: But now you know, like your character, you didn't believe in something.
Speaker 4: You left and you're you just you didn't want to do the spiel as you said, are Karen, are people drinking or interested more in these days in uh organic wines?
Speaker 2: Are they asking for them?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 9: I will say that we had that before. It was a heavy, heavy trend. But you have to really be a Whino to understand that. It's it's it's funk. It's really like if you like touch a lons and a lot of like.
Speaker 4: Nastating, it tastes mushroomy or funky or dirt or soily.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you've got a lot of yeast flavor to it. It's got a funk taste to it. Now we're just all Sonoma, California wines. I'm happy as by.
Speaker 2: Wow, amazing.
Speaker 9: All right, we'll carrying it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, urban press check it out there.
Speaker 9: But you know what you did?
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 9: I want to say one more thing. If if you're in a restaurant and you do have that service fee and you don't want to pay it, I will tell you right now, kindly approach your manager. They will remove it, will remove it, but they will do it if you ask in a very kind kind of way say, you know what, this is not something to support. I would really love to leave a very nice scrutuity. Can you please remove it?
Speaker 2: And there's an interesting thing it.
Speaker 8: Really really will.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for the tip. Thank you for listening. Karen. You have a great day.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Please do please do all.
Speaker 2: Right by.
Speaker 4: Karen from Urban Press There. I'll just checking it out online. So from yelp, dishous people rive about there at Irban Press. Eggs and asparagus. I like that. Do you like eggs and asparagus?
Speaker 3: I do, and recently I've been into like eggs and broccoli omelets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like greens and this is salmon. They have the breakfast pizza. They have bread rolls with rosemary tomatoes. Nine minute drive from the KISSFM studio.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: We have a labor Day weekend, so maybe you are getting outside and going to roll to the beach. I was telling Sysony tiny earlier I find sand in my chunks like a weekly later after going to the beach. You know, one of the things that for me is the I don't know, it's the thing that you shouldn't do if you're going to the beach. That is makeout in public in front of other people at the beach PD the beach, bother you.
Speaker 3: I mean, PDA in general is not really my thing, but it's.
Speaker 2: Even weirder for me when you're in bathing suits PDA.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because it seems like, yeah, it's like next level.
Speaker 2: It's next level, right, it's PDA plus you're in bathing suits.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, you should.
Speaker 5: At the beach.
Speaker 2: Totally disagree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my best makeout time.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the watch list, the weekend watch list.
Speaker 4: Just all right, so if you're looking for something to watch this weekend, here's what's on our radar.
Speaker 2: Systey, what are you looking at?
Speaker 3: You are so not invited to my bot mitzvah.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm watching.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. It is the cutest movie. It is on Netflix. It's starring Adam Sandler's actual daughters and his entire family. Actually, his wife's in it. He's in it obviously. So it is really really cute and you can watch it with your kids. It's PG thirteen and it's a coming of age movie, you know, essentially middle school kids and dealing with boy drama and all that stuff, and it's just it's really really well done.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna watch that for sure. I like that. Tany what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 5: So this one is so good and it's on TikTok. It's Miley Cyrus's Used to Be Young series And basically for each episode, what she's doing is she's looking back at old clips of herself and kind of explaining everything, and so you really get a look into her life. Like one of the episodes was her schedule that she had when she was like thirteen years old, and it was like five thirty am, wake Up, six am, Glam seven fifteen, first interview, and she goes as it's teenage as a teenager, and she goes to the whole day. She doesn't finished until like seven pm, and then she flies back and does Hannah Montana. That was like on a weekend.
Speaker 4: But you know, you mentioned in the Trending Report this week about how she doesn't want to tour because it's not good for mental health. Yeah, I wonder maybe she talked to the I wonder if a lot of that stems from a little scarring from being a kid and having that kind of a schedule, because like a tour schedule is like hurry up, you're on this, you gotta do this now, you gotta go to this place. Yeah, And I'm wondering if there's something at the root of it that she's scarred by from what you just said that looks or not want to.
Speaker 2: Do that now.
Speaker 5: The end of that episode, she says, like, I think it's time I have an endless summer vacation, which is the name of.
Speaker 2: Hers started doing early.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But what I found really interesting is she was saying how when she is on torn people, you know how people like throw stuff on stage, or like when the meet and greets, people give her stuff. She keeps all that stuff. She has twenty one storage units because she keeps all that stuff from fans. So it's really cute and it's on TikTok It's on Miley Cyrus' TikTok Okay.
Speaker 2: Next is Ruby with the weekend Watch this What are you watching? Ruby?
Speaker 10: So I was hooked on The Ashley Madison Affair on Hulu, which is a three part docuseriies. It basically looks back at the history of the first dating site for married people. I don't know if you guys.
Speaker 3: Remember that website I do, I.
Speaker 13: Do, So it was really successful.
Speaker 10: But then they kind of talk about the downfall of how they got hacked and exposed a lot of people's data, even though they said it would all be very private and they would like delete people's information.
Speaker 3: So what was it? Was it guys that were cheating on their wives?
Speaker 10: It was both, so the guys kind of pay though they also got exposed for having bots not real women on the site. So guys would pay to talk to bots essentially to them, yes, chat with them, and it was like an AI. You paid for credits. Yeah, and it was like an AI essentially.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they got hacked and that's how it all unfolded.
Speaker 10: Yes, but I guess that the site is still around, people are still using it.
Speaker 4: I watched that telemarketer doc that I think Ruby you told us to yes on HBO Hbo Max.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was crazy. I had no idea.
Speaker 4: It was about this telemarketing company that was hiring people and they were doing everything illegal while making calls and selling things for the cops, like breaking it.
Speaker 3: And the work environment was so gnarly.
Speaker 4: If you want to see work environment, then to now take a look at it.
Speaker 2: What was that thing called tell them telemarket? Of course it was do you play fantasy football? Tonny? You said you might get into it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, My draft is actually on Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're in it? Uh?
Speaker 4: Is this any you're in it? You've been in it for a long time. There's a KISSFM Fantasy football draft. Kayla, Actually, Cayla, come in here for a second, Kayla Thomas on tomorrow and Sunday in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. But this is your first time playing Kiss fantasy football.
Speaker 13: This is my very first time, and I'm like it might be.
Speaker 4: The last because everyone's so happy that you're doing it. Why are they so happy that you're doing it?
Speaker 13: Well, I had played fantasy football before, but I thought coming into the Kiss Draft it will be all fun and games, and but it's more intense than I thought. They take it very serious.
Speaker 3: I mean this draft has been going on for over ten years. Yes, I mean there's a waiting list to enter, all the things.
Speaker 4: They walk, They walk around with a lot of ego on the Kiss field here.
Speaker 13: No, but I'm excited, honestly, but I don't think I'm going to win because my team sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to wear that. I suck at fancy football dash.
Speaker 5: I got it on twice.
Speaker 13: Isn't put it on me twice because I drafted somebody who isn't even playing.
Speaker 4: It's like she came in here this morning, She's like, we're so happy that Caylen playing so hard.
Speaker 5: Drafts someone that's not even playing.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 13: I guess I didn't do my homework.
Speaker 1: I don't know the.
Speaker 3: Draft players that are out or injured or yeah or inactive. You have to you have to do your research. You have to look them up before you draft them.
Speaker 13: And I was like, man, forget it, man, I'm already died.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun. But the sash was actually a nice touch at this year's draft. And we do our draft in person, whereas a lot of people do it online. And I think that's what makes it a lot more fun. We have a board with all the stickers of the player's names. Yes, so we go up there and we we draft our team in person.
Speaker 2: You guys need more to do. It was fun.
Speaker 13: We had food and and it was just it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: All right, So Cat, what's happening this weekend? We got Tiesto tickets I.
Speaker 13: See too, right, Yeah, he's there're gonna be a La State Historic Park sep. Teen a thirtieth. So I'll be giving tickets away.
Speaker 4: This weekend, okay, and then you're on two to six, and then Sunday noon to four.
Speaker 2: What happens at four oh one on your Sunday Jesse comes on? No, no, not I know here, but like, what do you do? Like we do you? After your show?
Speaker 13: I'm out the door, ready to go home and sit by the pool.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on a Sunday shift, you can be in your cart for a one yes, like you don't have to stick around.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thanks for coming in. Good to see him.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: On air on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: That's it for us on kiss. Oh one more thing before we go is no white pants between Labor Day Memorial. They still a fashion rule. Oh gosh, it's not right.
Speaker 3: We don't think like that, We don't need to think like that. But do we all still think?
Speaker 2: Every time I put on my jeans, I think that.
Speaker 3: I think that's still too Actually, every.
Speaker 4: Time I put on my jeans, I have dark boxer brief sun and I take off my jeans and put on regular jeans.
Speaker 5: I always feel like the no white pants is kind of like when it starts to get winter vibes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that rule doesn't apply here in southern California because it feels like summer until December first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, next week, Disneyland tickets, Jonas Brothers tickets, every hour. Have a great holiday weekend. Thank you so much for being here this week. We'll be excited to do it again next week with you. That's right, Sisney's taking.
Speaker 2: It till eleven o'clock back round. Have a safe, wonderful, laborty weekend. Sisney, tiny big hugs and Joey.
Speaker 5: Are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I can't ask me now. It's good. Five hours. Thanks for listening so on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday