Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us is Danitza's Sokova, cross asset reporter at Bloomberg News. Denza, you're looking at a popular company here with anyone who works in an office in New York City and likes to eat lunch.
Speaker 4: We're talking about lunch and we're talking about Kava, and I personally really like them. But they're having a pretty bad day. They dropped as much as six percent and now they're down about three percent. The losses are coming after earnings report. That was a good earnings report, but Alista's saying it doesn't just justify their hefty valuation.
Speaker 5: So it's interesting.
Speaker 4: That's obviously a very competitive place, a very competitive space. There is Sweet Green, There are all those brands. Cove is not less the most expensive, sweet Green is more expensive. Cover raised their prices about two percent earlier in the year, but they still remain a little bit cheaper than competitors. We saw some good news in the report. Sales at established restaurants grew. We saw some very important metrics of earnings growing. One thing, COVA has been outpacing competitors in the recent quarters, so expectations have been quite high going into this report. Perhaps one reason we've seen some disappointment the SNOW is actually down fifteen percent this year. Of course this comes after one hundred and sixty percent search last year. But definitely this earnings report is not adding too much optimism for analysts.
Speaker 3: That stock is still up one hundred and twenty five percent since ipoing.
Speaker 1: It is. However, if you go back and look at the one year chart, then you go back to what the highs of December of twenty twenty four, so not even that long ago. It's still down about thirty six percent from that all about time, eleven billion dollar market tap.
Speaker 5: Yeah the food is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we still don't have one near our office. I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 5: Yes that's true, but their dips are amazing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we digress. Okay, progress, Let's let's stark crypto. Let's talk about coinbase. What a week it has been for coinbase. I few in terms of news stories, It's probably like a one year cycle in a week. So the stock is actually up about nine percent on Friday, and if you look at this week, if you zoom out, I love that stat The stock is more than thirty percent over the last five sessions, which is the best weekly gain since presents Trump reelection. So the week started with a lot of bad news. We had the news about the hack that we had an estimate that is going to cost about four hundred millions. We know hackers gained access to customer data, names, dates of birth, all those super sensitive information. There are a lot of investigations and things going on.
Speaker 5: But there is a lot of discerned with that.
Speaker 4: We also had a confirmation of reports that US regulation regulators were investigating the user figures the company quoted before their IPO.
Speaker 5: So obviously all those things up.
Speaker 4: Away from this, the companies joined the S and P five hundreds.
Speaker 5: This is obviously a massive milestone.
Speaker 4: It's happening next week and that's clearly boosting the stock, adding a lot of optimism. Of course, the effect he lives writing about it, but it's an important thing to launch going forward. All those passive money mutual funds tracking the stock, that's a big boost.
Speaker 1: I could help that and that helped earlier this week in the single day stock move, which was more than twenty five percent. What I found fascinating you don't see that every time a company is added to an index. It's not you don't always see a bump like that. I mean, why would you see a bump like that with this time, but not necessarily other companies.
Speaker 3: I think Coinbase is such a it's such a well known name within the stock market, because sometimes the companies get added to the SMP no offense to them, but it's like, I don't here that name Coinbase.
Speaker 5: You see the ads, they super ads.
Speaker 3: They have obviously like a big popularity with anyone who's trying to buy crypto in the US. A lot of them use that exchange. It's a very like user friendly, familiar company. So maybe that added to the market.
Speaker 4: Actually, I totally agree with you. Also, it's a risk one week, everything is rallying, all the risk concurrence of the market crypto, so that that's also a stock that's.
Speaker 5: Driven by sentiment.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty seconds left.
Speaker 4: For Applied last one it feel as much as seven point three percent. It came off a lackluster forecast for the current period of course we're talking about the trade war. Of course we're talking about China there. Of course, in the last two weeks there has been so much back and forth. But what we're seeing now is China accounted for twenty five percent of applied material sales last quarter, which is down from forty three percent, So a really big job there. And obviously there is a lot of volatility. This is currently the largest American maker of chip maker gear, and it's likely going to be impacted by all of those restrictions we're seeing on sales to China. And you know, the company is still up two percent, So we yet to see if the drop yesterday is if the drop today is going to halt.
Speaker 5: But a tough day today.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.