Speaker 1: Start Up Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boy, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up Up, They making noise Up, start Up.
Speaker 2: Up, Episode three oh four the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. Yeah we missed an We missed an.
Speaker 3: Opportunity last week.
Speaker 2: Ah. With the numbering the numbering of the podcast, episode three oh three, we should have named it after the hit song by the band three oh three. The band three oh three they had over there like a one hit wonder. Yeah, they had She used to touch me? Who they used to touch me?
Speaker 3: Whooa right, we don't trust don't trust the hoe.
Speaker 2: Don't trust the hoe?
Speaker 3: Right, that's that we should have called the episode don't three oh three, don't trust the hoe and see if people understood the joke we missed. After after the podcast went up, we're like, oh all right, Buck, I was like, we well, all right, so we shall we name that next episode after Pitbull mister three five check it in for the five check it in for the podcast.
Speaker 2: He's checking mister three oh five chicken in for the podcast.
Speaker 3: The episode dolle Ah.
Speaker 2: So this is this the I'm in the worst mood the last few days because the weather's sucked here in the Northeast. I know when you listen to this, you probably have no idea of what's going on or when we the.
Speaker 3: Hollys Coast is being hit by Debbie or whatever. Debbie we're talking about Debbie Downer. Yeah, little Debbie cakes, No Debbie storm. Yeah, I got a Debbie alert. Debbie done my us. Yeah, I got an alert on my car on the screen that they're for the county I live in and the four or five counties around it. There are a hurricane and tornado warnings in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: In New Jersey tornado. They said a pop up tornado is possible. Pop up tornado. Ever heard that verbia Halloween store like a pop up shop? Yeah, oh this tornado. Can't rule out a pop up tornado. I've never heard a weather preson say that ever anywhere, but they said it today.
Speaker 3: Because also, don't they pop down? Don't they come down from the clouds? I mean, I just saw twisters. If I have to buy a big pickup truck that drills into the ground, I'll go do it now.
Speaker 2: Pop up in the sense of surprise.
Speaker 3: Wait, but it doesn't pop up a surprise a surprise tornado. It pops up. They pop up shops all the time. And they do pop up, right, but they pop up from the ground. They don't come from the sky.
Speaker 2: I think you take things a little too literal there, Brodie.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if people here pop up, they're gonna be looking at the ground and the ship's gonna hit him from above.
Speaker 2: Okay, I worry about the people. I've never been in a tornado or a hurricane. Have you That sounds like a real, big, important announcement to make. Have you been in a hurricane? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, but a lot of our listeners yes, But no, I've not been in a hurricane, not been in a tornado. I did not drive into a twister and shoot fireworks off like in the movie.
Speaker 2: No. I oh ah, for whatever reason, you know, listen, I never say I want to experience that either. I mean, you're talking about serious stuff here, yeah, life threatening.
Speaker 3: Speaking of movies, I went My cousin was like, oh, let's go to the movies, and I'm like, okay, because we originally we're gonna go see the the Somerset Patriots, who are the Yankees double a team minor leagues versus the Binghamton Mets. It's the Binghamton Rumble Ponies. Now the double A Mets. So they're not called Mets or Yankees. They have other names, but that's who they are. They're affiliated. Sure, So they're promoting it as the Subway Series, and I'm like, there's no subway between Binghamton, New York and Somerset, New Jersey. It's not a Subway series. It's a series between two teams that are the minor league teams of the teams that play in the Subway Series. But they played like five games this week of four games because minor league teams they come in for the whole week. Yeah, to save money, they come in for the whole week. So like, oh, when do you want to go to the game? Like Wednesday, Thursday, it rained all like all day Wednesday, all the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just pitiful. But it's like we ended up at the movie. It's that annoying kind of rain, you know, the ones where it's like that little little specky rain that there's like like a net, like a bunch of gnats like trying to attack your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not just that. All day today it's been hard rain. Then it stops, the sun comes out, and then fifteen minutes later it rains again. Yeah, it's been NonStop. So I've been trying to walk my dogs like we're gonna go now, we gotta go now, go go, go go.
Speaker 2: Now that I thought about it, back in the day we were growing up, there was a hurricane that came here in November up in the New York area. It was a Hurricane Gloria. And I remember this, and I remembered we had off from school and what did my my friends and I what did we try and do? We tried to talk here on Dick's No, we tried to We tried to play wiffle ball, and it was awesome. Playing a hurricane is great. You got an amazing curve?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did have. Did you have an amazing curve? When you were trying to ask you on dio on how'd you guess? Yeah? We had Superstorm Sandy, which was pretty serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a superstorm, not a hurricane by the time it got no, but it was pretty rough.
Speaker 3: It was wrecked Manhattan, It wrecked the Seagate and wrecked.
Speaker 2: It probably did more destruction than anything in recent memory. Right, It flooded homes in Long Island. I mean it was it was not a good situation. Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I said, I went to the movies. I went to see it's supposed to be a psychological thriller, horror movie which I don't normally go to, called Long Legs with Nicholas Cage. Okay, the reviews were like, Oh, it's artsy, it's well made. Two things I'm gonna tell you about it. First of all, the movie sucks. Okay, there's so many plot holes, so many things that don't make sense where you sit there, you go, what why wouldn't you tell the police. Why wouldn't you tell them that happened?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Like everything you could see was coming Like, oh uh. One of the things that I in the movie, I'm not gonna give any details. One of the things in the movie is about little girls and birthdays. It's in the trailer. It's not anything right. So the cop says to the main lead in the movie, the woman. He says, Oh, come over my house and you'll meet my wife and kid. And as soon as he said that, I went guaranteed his kid's a girl, and guaranteed her birthday fits the profile. And sure enough it was exactly what.
Speaker 2: Was going on in the movie.
Speaker 3: And the father never realizes that his daughter fits the profile of what the whole movie's about.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's say people.
Speaker 3: Were killing kids named Anthony who were born on February third, Okay, and your father is a cop, and he's like, you're kidding me. They're killing boys named Anthony born on February third.
Speaker 2: Huh, it doesn't my real life birthday's coming up. Doesn't realize that his son's birthday is is right? Is it?
Speaker 3: Completely oblivious? Never mentions it.
Speaker 2: Its shit like that. But that's not the bad part.
Speaker 3: So we're in the movie and you know, people, it's not it's not overly bloody, but there are some people that get killed. And there's a particularly bloody scene around three quarters into the movie. And right before it happens, as the scene is playing itself out, two women come in. They looked like they were maybe in their twenties, maybe late twenties, with a kid, a little boy who looked like he was seven, with his popcorn and his soda, and they come in and the movie theater wasn't full. It was an afternoon movie theater, and there was you know, who's going to the movies in the afternoon. So our whole row was empty, so like the five seats to my right were empty. They come in and sit down next to us, and.
Speaker 2: The kid is The kid is seven, and he's talking and I'm like, sh i'n't get man, And so my cousin Leans goes, why would you bring a fucking kid that young into this movie? Because they had no babysitter. But the movie was three quarters over.
Speaker 3: They must have seen like a kid's movie, and we're like, oh, let's sneak into another theater. Nah, they had nowhere to put the killy scary. They weren't coming to the beginning of the theater.
Speaker 2: The movie. The movie was three quarters over. Oh that's when they walked in, Yes, three quarters over.
Speaker 3: So the scene is happening there maybe thirty seconds, and all of a sudden, this guy's face gets completely smashed.
Speaker 2: Blood gore, and they don't leave, And what do the kids do? The kids like Lomi and they just sat there with them.
Speaker 3: Then after the scene ends, something else scary happens, and then they go and then they get up. Why would you walk into a horror movie and after the first bloody scene you don't get up and leave.
Speaker 2: The kid's seven I remember how growing up I wanted so badly to see the Friday the Thirteenth, those early films and the Hall early Halloween films.
Speaker 3: The first one was nineteen eighty, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that. Yeah, I was a kid. My parents would not allow me to go they obviously they wouldn't take me actually, but they let to.
Speaker 3: Go to a Nicki Minaj concert, right of course, because I was so young, right child.
Speaker 2: I think the first horror film I saw in the movies was Child's Play with Chucky or what Freddy Krueger Night Mary on Elm Street, n Elm Street. I think that was like the first horror movie I saw in the movies with my friends, because that was of age. Yeah, what about you like Texas.
Speaker 3: Change consider No, I didn't see it. Depends what you can consider a horror movie. Like when I was a kid, I went to see Jaws. That that terrified me. So I guess that's a horror movie. I mean it's a suspense.
Speaker 2: Qualifying a horror movie. I get, well, what was that nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: For a slasher film? Yeah, it's not a slasher film, but it's a horror film. I mean it's people would.
Speaker 2: Get eaten with scared people. Spoiler people got eaten w shark movie And uh, what about Amityville horror? That's that's it.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that in the movies. I read the book in school for some reason. It was a sign to us. Ye, but I didn't see the movie because it seems stupid to me. Some would say The Shining is a horror movie.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's a psychological horror, psychological clockwork orange. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's what was the movie you mentioned with Jack Nicholson. Yeah, The Shining. It's a frightening movie, but it's not a not a threat a slasher film.
Speaker 2: But about the axios Siste could be considered a horror.
Speaker 3: It's a horror movie, not a slasher movie, though, I mean it was frightening.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be any horror flick if it scares you. I mean right, I'm talking about slasher films or blood films like Saw and Texas Chainsaws. So you're not talking about paranormal activity.
Speaker 3: No, like like Blair Witch Project was supposed to be a horror film. I mean, it was stupid, but it was supposed to be a horror film. But nobody gets slashed in it. Nobody's eyes get pulled out of their heads.
Speaker 2: So something with blood and guts and gore, that's a horror film for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I saw.
Speaker 2: Not hell Raiser.
Speaker 3: It was one of these movies where there was a cube and then people's heads were explore. Oh uh, Spinners, what was the first it was? So I guess all of them.
Speaker 2: So a psychological thriller is not necessarily a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Scanners, Scanner, Okay, you lost me on Scanners. I think was for some reason. I don't even remember the movie. But people's heads would just blow up.
Speaker 2: They would be sitting there at a table and their heads are blow up. I know what you did last summer. That was Jennifer Love hewittt Is that a horror movie? Yeah, people got killed in that movie, people got slashed, cut up, But I think that's less of a horror movie than The Shining.
Speaker 3: The Shining was terrifying at its first time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I guess it's all relative of the time of when it was released, because just going back to Jaws now, you're like, oh, the Shining in Jaws. Those were mid seventies. Texas Chainsaw Massacre those were mid mid seventies movies. So yeah, but some of those movies still hold up. Jaws is terrifying to people. Yeah, people, people weren't used to it. So I think, yeah, you're I think you're right. I don't know, just wondering. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So right now, Scary, it's late afternoon on Friday as we're recording this. Yeah, originally you wanted to record around noon. Yeah, And I said, you said, what do you have to do today? I said, well, yep, old on. I said, well, I gotta run to the post office and find a lost package, and I'll do that after the podcast. You're like, well, I got to do some stuff I gotta work out. So why don't you go to the post office now and then we'll do the podcast when you come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is that a mistake, because you are? You in a worse mood now than you were before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I will tell you what happened at the post office right after we come back.
Speaker 2: With Scary and Brodie. Here we go, Brodie, something I already could tell. I could already tell I. Get the music ready, we're gonna get what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: No, I you might want to get some harm music ready because I got all.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I didn't know if you had a rant or something about it. Well I got a rant.
Speaker 3: I mean, have the music ready if you feel it's appropriate. But so I mailed a package on July thirty first from my town post office. Now my town, actually my old town. Old Town Road was big enough that it had two post offices, the branch up the hill and the branch down the hill. The branch down the hill is considered the main post office, right, so everything goes there anyway, even if you go to the small post office, they ship it to the big post office. That's that's the big one. They call it the main one, right, that's like the big one in town. Right. I don't ever go to that one. I go to the small one because that was closer. So I sell something on eBay, and the guy wanted ground transmit, ground shipping, which is the cheapest. He chose it. I don't choose the shipping he does. I'm like, okay. So I put it in a small box maybe four by five, sure, and I put the label on it, and I bring into the post office and it goes out and I get a receipt with a tracking number.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Well that was July thirty first, two days ago, he messages me.
Speaker 2: And and by the way, he.
Speaker 3: Speaks Spanish, so all of his messages are in Spanish, so I have to use Google Translate to translate everything he says, which, by the way, Google Translate doesn't always translate properly. Because I put one of his messages in Google Translate and it made no sense. There were words that didn't belong Like you know in English, sometimes words have two meanings. Yeah, yeah, Google Translate was using other meanings for words where I couldn't understand what he was saying, so I had to put in another translator. I found that that was better anyway. I asked him to translate to English.
Speaker 2: He refused to.
Speaker 3: But he he's the buyer and I want his money, so I will do the translating. That's what we established a few months ago. If you want the money, you do the translating, okay, or whatever we estoblish, it doesn't matter. I decided to do the translating. So he says to me, the package isn't here. I'm still waiting. It's been over a week. You said i'd have it already.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I didn't say he'd have it already. eBay said he'd have it already. eBay says, you know, approximate shipping should arrive on the fourth whatever. I didn't say it. eBay says it it's approximate. I said, well, i'll check the tracking. I checked the tracking. It says still in the town that I handed her off to. Well, that's weird. Why is it still last? So I said, I'll go to the post office on Thursday, which was yesterday, and I'll see what's going on. So I go there. She pulls up the tracking number. She says, yeah, says it's still in town, but it's not here. Our bin is empty, so it's got to be in the main post office, is it. Please don't make me go there. There's no parking. Please don't make me go over there.
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 3: She says, you have no choice. You have to go there. So when you said let's go do the podcast, I'm like, oh, I'll go to the other podcast. Yeah, I'll go there. In the rain, I can't find a parking spot. I had a walker on the like a block to cut. Well, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Can already tell this ends in Doom and Gloom.
Speaker 3: Oh, So I go in and they say, you have to go to window five. But no one's at window five. They said, I we'll go get Priscilla. She'll be up right there with you. I said, okay, I'll wait for Priscilla. I go it to the window and this older woman comes up and I said, you Priscilla. Yeah, I said, I was told to wait for you. Okay, great. Uh, here's the problem. I said, here's my tracking information and I tell her the story. She takes my two pieces of paper and she goes in the back. She comes back, she goes, uh, yeah, your stuff's not here. I said, I know that. I just did you check the other post office in town? Yep, I told you that when I walked up that I went there and they said it's already been shipped to here. Well, it must be at the facility. I said, I don't know what that means. The facility. Okay, you're talking to me like I work at the post office. I don't know what the facility means. The central mail facility. Oh okay, where is that? So she tells me where it is and I go, okay, how does that affect me? Well, they have to sort it, and when they when they check it in. Then they'll check it in and they'll show up on your tracking. I said, okay, but that was that was nine days ago. Well then you should wait another week. No, I can't wait another week. I sold something on eBay and the guy wants his thing or he wants his money back. Yeah, so I need to know what the status is. Well, if we lost it, you didn't pay for insurance, so you don't get anything. I shouldn't wait a minute. Yeah, that's not how that works. You don't get to just lose my stuff and then say I don't get anything. I have proof that I gave it to you. You lost it. So she says, I said, look, this is important. What do I do if it was so important? First says, well, you sent it ground, sir, that's by truck. So I said, yeah, I know how ground works. It would be silly to have a plane going down the street. I understand that. You don't have to talk to me like I don't understand. She's well, I don't know. Some people don't know what ground means. It means it goes by ground. That I understand what it means. Well, if she goes if it was such an important item, why would you send it ground, And I said, I really don't need your second guessing me. Are you saying that ground from the post office is not secure? Are you bad mouthing your own company? Are you saying that if something is good, you shouldn't send it ground. Is there some reason to believe that if I send it in a truck it's not going to get there?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: And I'm being very calm, I'm even keeled. My voice is calm. I'm like, I don't understand, sir. Do you want to listen to what I have to say?
Speaker 2: Are not wow?
Speaker 3: I said, well, you're you're yelling at me. I'm yelling at you because you're not listening. I said, so you're you're admitting that you're yelling at me. I said, you question how I sent it and asked me why didn't send it air?
Speaker 2: I never said that you should have sent it air. I just said you shouldn't have sent it. Well, ma'am, what's the opposite of ground. If I shouldn't send it ground, that means you're telling me to send it air. There's only two hours us. The word you didn't sen.
Speaker 3: You didn't use the word air, but you said, why did you send it ground, implying I should have sent it air? Correct, So that means you implied I should have sent it air. Is it pretty wild that I'm actually following along with this?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: So I said, look, regardless of how I sent it, the buyer selected the shipping, not me.
Speaker 2: That's irrelevant.
Speaker 3: But it's twenty five dollars worth of merchandise, and I would like it back twenty five dollars. I thought you said it was important. Yes to me, twenty five dollars. I'm sorry that you're so rich, Priscilla. So she says, well, you're gonna have to wait for the facility. I go, what happens in a week where they don't have it? Well, I don't know what you're gonna do because you can't file a claim. You didn't take that insurance. If it's so important, mister, mister important, you would take it on shirts. I never said I was mister important, I said, I said. She goes, I'm sorry, we're done here.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, that's feisty. So I said, I'm sorry, you're a bitch. You said this yes to her face? Yeah? She up and she goes, oh, yeah, your mother's a cunt? Wait wait, wait, wait, wait what she said that? I said? I said, no, my exact words to her. You didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I said, why are you acting like a bitch to me?
Speaker 2: Is what I said? I said, she's acting I said, why are you being acting like a bitch to me? Acting like and calling someone a bitch? Is that the same thing or are the two different things? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was upset. I said, you're acting like a bitch. She goes, your mother's a cunt.
Speaker 2: She said that, yeah, that you use the C word on her.
Speaker 3: No, So I went over the window to asked the question, can I please have the phone number to follow complaint? And now he clearly heard what happened. He looks at me and goes, dude, I'm so sorry, it's not you. I'm really sorry. He's the phone number. So that tells me that I'm not the first one to have.
Speaker 2: A problem with this woman. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And in hindsight, I shouldn't have said you're acting.
Speaker 2: Like you escalated? You escalated the uh, well the argument. Any time you say that to a person, I think that that's uh, you know, that's gonna make it worse. If you think about what's worse than bitch? How do I top that? Only the sea word really tops the board and bitch? She could have called me an asshole. She said, my mother is a sea word. And by the way, I can't believe you're getting that from a US postal worker. Well, you know that's not cool. I would. I can't, Actually I would. That's grounds for no pun intended. That is grounds for dismissing that. That's that comes by truck. You know that that is when the ground comes by truck. I thought, maybe that only express that that is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: Said getting bitchy with me?
Speaker 2: I don't. Again, I didn't get so I guess there is. Yeah, I would agree with you on that. Why are you getting I said, why why are you getting bitchy with me? Why you like a bit something like that. I definitely wouldn't have called her a bitching to her attitude. I do see a difference in the two, although some people might not distinguish. You know, some people say some people feel like if you call someone the B word, or you're acting like the B word, it's still using the B word. I think, regardless, that happened with somebody, and I've.
Speaker 3: Been more careful. But you know, listen, I'm the woman out there. She's and he said he needs to mister big shat.
Speaker 2: What was the resolution here? What happened?
Speaker 3: Well, you call USPS and it's a survey. You take a survey, but you can't talk to anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh they got you by the ball. You go on the website, it's a survey. Can't can't you can't you can't. You can't talk to somebody in the postal service.
Speaker 3: And I as like, is there a regional person I could speak to who like oversees the area. No, no, we don't have any context.
Speaker 2: They're on vacation the Bahamas right now. All right, so you're screwed. You're stuck.
Speaker 3: Speaking of vacations, didn't you say you were planning another one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got another vacation. I know it's gonna sound all boogie and stuff, but what do you want? I get the time off. I'll tell you about it is your third summer vacation, yeah, right after this hang out? All right, it's the past. We people accuse us of taking too many vacations on the Big show.
Speaker 3: You know, some people want to get two vacations a year. This is your third one this summer. It's not my fault that we get time off. So the last week of August until Labor Day we have we have the week off and and and just so you know, we are in a union and the union provides for that and we have to abide by. We have to take our time that's given to We have to take our time off.
Speaker 2: I had twenty four labor days off. I know we always take this week off. This is not news. In every and every year that we've ever done our show, we always take the last week of.
Speaker 3: Augustas yes, because everyone's on vacation. So the average listener, most people are on vacation or not in the normal routine.
Speaker 2: So Robin and I decided, first of all, we're gonna go away for a few days. We're gonna go to Duns River Falls at Sandals in Ocho Rios. We're gonna go for a few nights. Oh, we went there once on a trip with the Morning Show. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh is it due to Yeah, there's a fall we went to.
Speaker 2: Was it was a different took a day tour to the to the fall, right, it was a different resort. But we're going to Cho Rios uh, sandal, we're gonna stay at sandals. We've never done that before. I've never stated the sandals. So I'm looking very we're looking forward to it here. It's very exciting. And then the lock of I'm gonna report back to you guys on it too. Yes, socks with sandals. Come on, Brody, what do you think I'm so? You think I'm Tony my dad Tony? Oh yeah, that which looks so weird with the speedo you're giving me Tony vibes. We're wearing socks with sandals. It keeps the sand out of my does. But uh no, I will I will wear sandals and sandals, but they won't have socks attached to them. Uh. Very But the but the beginning part of the week, a few days I have off I don't know what to do with. So I decided to let AI take the wheel. Now, if you remember a couple of months in.
Speaker 3: My favorite Carrie Underwood song, by the way, but.
Speaker 2: Let I A take a I take I take the wheel. So instead of JC, we're gonna use AI. Uh So remember a few remember a few months ago, I did a family dinner and I didn't know where to go, so I just punched it into a I think we talked about it on the podcast where I was gonna see my Uncle Lou and my fussy father eats only Italian food, and then yeah, we wanted something a little bit upscale and it landed on the highlawn in West Orange. I believe that. Yeah, yeah, Ai suggested it. It's spit it out. I started having a conversation with Ai. So chat GPT specifically, you can actually talk to it, and it's a guy, and he talks very conversational back to you. So I started, I started like getting into a conversation with chat GPT. This is how you use chat GPT for a good thing, okay, because usually some people are saying that it's up to no good and we're gonna use the technology to like and earth. This is a good, positive way. You're not going to use AI and chat gpt to create porn, not end the world. So it always goes down the road, doesn't it. So I just said, hey, chat GPT, I have a few days off at the end of at the end of August, I'm probably gonna go with just me, maybe another one of my friends. Looking for a place to go with where I could maybe rent the nice house or an airbnb with a pool and a grill, and then maybe uh have some good night life. Or because I'm a FOODI I want to go to some good restaurants. I don't want to stay. I want to stay in the United States. What do you got for me?
Speaker 3: Why don't you just say hi, this is scary Jones. It would have known all of that stuff. A right, you're right, Well, that's exactly what you do every vacation.
Speaker 2: AI spit out a bunch of great ideas, things that I would not have thought of on my own, including uh, rich out of Richmond, Virginia, and then the beach that's nearby Richmond, Virginia. I'm not Richmond. I'm sorry. No, no, say sorry, scratch that. Oh god, No, Charleston, South Carolina and they're right next to it. No, No, Charleston, South Carolina, North Carolina and the beach y key though it's like a why no, y key, it's a golf resort, golf area whatever. Oh it's perfect for you. Yeah, exactly not me. So I said no to that, and then it said well, and I said I it said mentioned Florida. I said, forget about the usual parts of Florida, like like Miami, forget about all that. What are you going to the Panhandle?
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Florid Bama Brody, that's where it told me to go.
Speaker 2: It told me to go. It told me to go to the Florida Bama shore. Bro You are not twenty years old. No, he knows my age. He knows that I'm fifty. So I said, so, he said, how about Dustin? Dustin is a nice area. There's a great road called thirty A, and thirty A has a lot of upscale houses on it, which would you would definitely find like this is how the chash he's talking to me, that you'll definitely find desirable. You'll also find a great deal of nightlife. You'll be up So apparently Deston, Florida the west coast of Florida, and the area is connected to it. There are these little towns over there have the most amazing beaches. So I googled them. If you google maps or picture these, Google people know how to find Google these Deston the beaches of Deston. Holy shit, it is it's and I wouldn't have thought about it, but anyway, that's a possibility. The problem is I went back to chat GPT and said, it is the end of August, so I'm worried about hurricane season, and it says, oh, that's that's actually good that you took that into account. I wasn't thinking about that. I suggest maybe you go to the West Coast and check out places like Laguna Beach or Newport Beach. They have a nice harbor there with some awesome nightlife. Also nearby Long Beach and Huntington Beach are are beautiful. So Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach, California. Chat gpt, AI's got me going to the West Coast for a few nights.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna go to the West coast so then you can come home and go fly east to the islands.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I didn't tell chat GPT about that part of my trip, so because yeah, so I'm fucked.
Speaker 3: So where are you going? So you don't have to listen to chetchee? You didn't buy tickets already?
Speaker 2: No, no I didn't. But no, why do I think that deston.
Speaker 3: Is paying like paying off chat gpt like a little tourism money? Hey mentioned, Yeah, you take that's how chat GPT makes the money. Oh a lovely, hey, chet GPT. I was hoping to go somewhere to go skiing. Where should they go? Oh A lovely place you should go is to Deston, Florida. They have wonderful places like that. Dude, it's on. They're on the take me.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. So you think they're sponsored. You think that that people pay into the Oh yeah, I think Deston's paying them off.
Speaker 3: Deston is the perfect destination.
Speaker 2: What about the Florida Bama Sure, which is like, uh, it's actually the where the panhint? Where where Florida meets Alabama?
Speaker 3: The Alabama Riviera. It's past Pensacola I'm aware of. Did not it did not. It did not.
Speaker 2: It did not request say, to go to Pensacola anyway. But I guess have.
Speaker 3: You ever watched Flora Bama Shore on MTV?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I know about it.
Speaker 3: You might want to watch half an episode?
Speaker 2: Oh what's it about?
Speaker 3: About about an hour?
Speaker 2: Is it a What kind of people are on that show? What kind of people?
Speaker 3: What kind of young, fun, heavy drinker dudes?
Speaker 2: What am I gonna find? What kind of people am I gonna find? Can you picture me partying at the Flora Bama Shore. No.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like they'd see you and go, can I get another drink? And I'd ask you to go get them a drink, as if you worked at the place the.
Speaker 2: Killing my vibe, Brody. I really thought AI was gonna tell me where I'm going for vacation. I'm just kidding. This is the the the twenty twenty four equivalent of throwing a dart at a map and then going there buying a ticket.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be hanging out with people who are born in the nineties, is a really So it's a gen Z thing. No, actually, not the nineties. I'm just two thousands, the two thousand, Yeah, mid two thousands, two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh so it's young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's where in the playoffs two thousand and six these people are being born.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, I don't know if I want to do this now.
Speaker 3: And it's not wrong with those people, just I don't think that's a place for you. I don't think you're gonna jump off the second floor of a.
Speaker 2: Hotel into a pool. Is that what they have there?
Speaker 3: That is the highlight of what they the Flora.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Ai listen. It can be used for a lot of great things. Be creative with it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: If you go in there to see culture and Broadway show off Broadway shows and museums Flora or not the place for me? Probably not where you're going you want to have fun, great place to go.
Speaker 2: I will say. Uh. Chat Shept had a lot of sparkling things to say about Charleston, South can Oh. I hear nothing but wonderful thing said that it's a culinary capital these days.
Speaker 3: There's some beautiful, wonderful restaurants and awesome history with the haunted houses, with the dead soldier. Think of Savannah.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry, which I went to last year? Remember I went to Georgia. Yes, okay, so yeah, So I'm wondering if if Charleston is the answer for a few nights, and I'll keep it east Coast and then I come home. The thing is no real This beach is nearby, but this y ky beach doesn't sound like it's for me. Or go to the outer people, go to the outer banks. Oh you know that's why don't you lose my mind?
Speaker 3: The beaches on the southern southern Tip of New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Cape May.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go down there for the while.
Speaker 2: I never thought of that. Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Then you get home faster to take your flight out of New York, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Cape May is nice. You know, I've never I've never been to Nantucket. I know there was once a man from there.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was. No Nantucket is nice.
Speaker 2: What have you know? You know, you know, a great town to go.
Speaker 3: To, and uh, my cousin's heading up there this weekend. Portland, Maine. Yeah, Portland and great restaurant's, great seafood. Beautiful on the water.
Speaker 2: Isn't it cold?
Speaker 3: No, dude, it's August. What are you talking about? You know I'm staying to Alaska.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still gonna be like in the sixties, right. I don't need that. I want eighty five degrees. Well, have you been to Newport, Rhde Island? I have, I have. That's not not a bad place, That's okay. But get what have you been to Kennebunkport? What's Kennebunkport?
Speaker 3: It's a private community up off Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: No, I've never been Cape Cod. I've never been a Cape Cod. I've never been to go to Cape Cod's Vineyard, never been to these places.
Speaker 3: Where yours was filmed, Martha's Vineyard.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just don't know if if if that's me? I feel like I need to be wearing a uh, you know, like a sweater around my neck and and and and licking an ice cream cone. It's seven o'clock at night, so Hampton, and wearing a what's the shirt with the whale on it? Then everybody vineyard vines.
Speaker 3: Vineyard vines, Polo, You're not vinyard vines, dudeyard.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's what's up there.
Speaker 3: You're chest king, your your your your, your borderline oak tree.
Speaker 2: Come on, God, I don't know. Well, I guess what what I'm really getting at here is I let a I take the wheel and it drove me off the road into a ditch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just go to the same five place you always go to call it a door, a.
Speaker 2: Kid, I'm gonna end up in fucking mon Talk or or the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 3: Jersey Shore. That's right. Check GBT is not getting paid off by the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 2: Them back to square one.
Speaker 3: And I want to play a clip I sent scary. Everyone knows the Hawk Tour girl at this point. So I'm not gonna play like a hock Tour parody or anything, or or hok Tour being put into a so no AI song.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: She was on with Bill Maher.
Speaker 3: Bill Moore has a secondary show that he does like lower level celebrities, one on one interviews with hey sits with them in his little room. And so he was in Evening the Hawk to a girl who sounds like she's twelve.
Speaker 2: I love her. She sounds really young. Haley Welch, She's cute as a button. She is dumb as a brick. No, she's not. She's just from the country. She's from a rural town in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Okay, can we admit she's not the brightest please, She's just.
Speaker 2: Naive, She's not Okay, she's not dumb scare Yeah, okay, I'm defending that. Yeah, you do that. Okay.
Speaker 3: So she's talking to Bill Maher and Bill Maher's sister her. Do you like old school rap?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know why I asked, the question, doesn't matter, and she says they start talking about jay Z.
Speaker 2: Well, to her, j Z would be old school rap. So before anyone goes any further, Yeah, people think eight. Our listeners might think eighties and ninety Oh, that's old school rap. Not to the Hotua girl who's twenty three years old. So Jesus, jay Z's an old dude at this point, old school rap jay Z.
Speaker 3: Sure the height of jay Z was ten to fifteen years fifteen years ago. Yeah, I mean I love jay But all right, anyway, yeah she wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was like five. She starts.
Speaker 3: So she starts to sing one of the songs that jay Z is known for, the.
Speaker 2: One that came out of two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Four, two thousand and four seven eight eight eight. Okay, so that's a long time ago, sixteen years ago. She gets the words wrong, and when you first hear her say it, you're like, what a dope? Like, how do you not know the lyrics? The song doesn't anything like that. Then they play a clip of the song, so I want you to remember what she says. Then listen to the song with the actual lyrics, and oh my god, I love this. Here we Go, Here we Go, I'll play it twice.
Speaker 2: What dream Come I? Okay? Okay, Here we go Concrete Jungle, What dream Come Light? Okay?
Speaker 3: So New York.
Speaker 2: Concrete jungle, concrete jungle? What dream tom concrete jungle? Dream Tomato? Here comes, there comes? I can't hear that now the song is eternally ruined for me. I first heard her say that, I'm like, oh, what a moron? And then I heard this song concrete hold On, Here we going on time jungle?
Speaker 4: What dream Tomeo?
Speaker 3: You know about New York? Now look for those that don't know, a matter of factly, she wasn't being funny.
Speaker 2: She says, you know about New York.
Speaker 3: Now, I understand the concrete parts, concrete jungle, But what is what dream Tomato?
Speaker 2: Like? How does that? I obviously not thinking it through. But but where is there a wet dream Tomato? I mean, I'm sure there are like movie theaters that show that. I love misheard lyrics song. I love that. That's great.
Speaker 3: It's concrete jungle where dreams are made of, of course. But but if I say that now, when you hear that, you'll be like, oh, concrete jungle where dreams are made of?
Speaker 2: But what she says it.
Speaker 4: Oh what dream time? You know?
Speaker 2: Not New York?
Speaker 1: New York? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go, Brodie, while you're at it, since you're on the ones and twos right now, could you pull up mister Brightside By the Killers.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, famous for being misheard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, but don't play it yet. All right, okay, I'll play that on that. Someone said, tell me when you're ready. Is it cute up? No, it's not cute up, mister bright Side By the Killers. Someone said something that it sounds the lead singer sounds like someone else, and now I can' here that's someone else singing the song.
Speaker 3: The guy I sent you when he says I'm gonna ruin another song for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he like, okay, ruins it. Okay, you're about to play it. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you Jerry Seinfeld on lead vocal.
Speaker 5: Coming out of my cage and out and doing just fine, got got it?
Speaker 2: I want not this part. No, it's not this part.
Speaker 5: Fine, sleep, just chill, just stop by Sunday just Jen is holy mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there's a guy on TikTok and Instagram where he says I'm gonna ruin the song for you, and he plays the song and then he puts his fingers up and it switches to the the person who is not the singer and it's mister Burne. It's different from Simpsons. Yeah, that's a great day, ruins he ruins the lyrics. I'll have to I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: You know that was a little fuzzy because your equipment is worth twenty six bucks. But when you listen to mister Brightside in stereo, it does sound like Jerry Seinfeld. Now there, I ruined it for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me see if I could find the guy's account. Hold on, I'll play something that he does.
Speaker 2: Conky Jumble, Concrete, Jungle, Wetdream, Tomato. My god, and by the way, God bless her. She's so innocent. She's so she doesn't even even know that she's making soundbites and and future viral videos. Because that one went viral. I saw that clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's hilarious. But you know what, she's right on the money.
Speaker 2: I like her. Oh, I can't find the guy's account. Well, yeah, the one that does the That's okay, we'll give it out next time I send it to you.
Speaker 3: Right, So I just look, I'll look at the hold on, let me look at the messages that I've sent to you, and then I'll be able to find it.
Speaker 2: And want to scroll through the phone live on the podcast Good Work Party.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Mike Francessa. You know you brought it up, so I'm gonna play.
Speaker 2: It all right. Okay, So tomorrow I'm getting a little nervous here because this is becoming reality. Tomorrow is the day that I have to put my godfather duties into effect. Right, my new godchild Enzo Cascenza and sounds like Cascenza. So he's uh, I'm going up to uh somewhere in Westchester, and I guess it's a nice brief little ceremony. I guess I have to stand there hold the child while they pour water over his head? Is that what they got to do?
Speaker 3: I don't even know you're asking the Jew on the show. I mean, I've never really do it a christening in a church. Never I've gone to the christ thing. They pull the holy water over your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that that baptized they call the baptism. Ye have been the baptism? Yeah, I've never. I've never been to the church party. I usually show up later at the restaurant for the free food. Uh yeah, no kidding, Tom going there and then Sunday we're talking about waited was Markey, hold on help.
Speaker 3: So hey, he's gonna ruin the song and I'll tell you. They show a picture of listen to the song, shows.
Speaker 2: A picture of this girl from the US. Tracy Morgan waited, you had long hair and short that sounds like Jacy Morgan.
Speaker 3: Now so this guy, this guy's counties was j T Underscore Jasinski.
Speaker 2: Yes, I n s a. I uh, WELLT me.
Speaker 3: Say I can find the killers one that he did. So yeah, so you're gonna be a godfather. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then and then on Sunday, I'm Tony and and uh, the kids from my my system, but the kids and everybody, we're going out to my cousins. My nieces and nephews are going out to Renee's house. My cousin Renee, she's broady. She's got a pool, so she's inviting us for a pool and Barbie if she lets everybody go in. But you, yeah, wouldn't that be great? Anyway? I brought it. I'm bringing some sausage, the Spiral sausage.
Speaker 3: That's what you do. I yeah, my people bring Danish, we bring we bring a coffee cake, crumb cake. You go and get spiral sausage. That's your thing.
Speaker 2: Parsley and cheese. And I got a broccoli rob ring too. Oh the broccoli rob is so good, dude, don't even knock it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's fucking cheddar cheese. That's not what you bring.
Speaker 2: You bring like a broccoli broccoli rob iss one.
Speaker 3: I mentioned Parsley and cheese. Yeah, cheese. It's like cheddar. It's yellow, isn't it.
Speaker 2: No, it's provolone. I don't need Parstley in that. Parsley it's just it's just a coloring. It means nothing.
Speaker 3: Don't put it in there. You know the old joke from when we were kids. No, don't you what's the difference between parsley and pussy?
Speaker 2: Oh oh wait a second.
Speaker 3: You can't taste parsley. No, nobody eats parsley.
Speaker 2: Nobody early got it. That was like the big joke when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: That was like, oh my god, I can't believe you said that.
Speaker 2: That was the big one. That was the big one. Yeah, So I need help.
Speaker 3: I need help with it with a with a dating problem.
Speaker 2: Not me. I'm not dating of course.
Speaker 3: But this girl posted this about a year ago, and I just came up in my feet on TikTok, she had a problem with something the guy did on his date. She was so offended that she walked out and sent him money for the check. The comments section shreds her. But I want your opinion on what if the guy was wrong or if she's wrong?
Speaker 2: Here we go, guys it just get back from the hinge dates.
Speaker 4: Why are you doing this to myself? So we schedule to go to dinner. We are sitting at the restaurant. Seems very nice, not a catfish. Things are going well, and the waitress comes over. She wants stick our order and I said, okay, I'm gonna take the bronzino, and he said, I'm gonna take the burger. And the waitress asked him, okay, how do you like your burger? Said how do you like this burger? And do you want some cheese and your burger? And he asked, is this gonna be extra? And she says yes, he's three dollars extra. And he said, okay, then never mind. Hang over there, and I'm like, what the actual fuck. I'm like, okay, I'm hungry. I'm gonna eat my bronzino and see what happens. And he's like, oh my god, you have to pay extra for everything these days, and I'm like, yeah, it's New York City. So I got my Bronzino, he got his burger. We were eating, and once I was satisfied, I got up and I was like, I'm going to the restroom for a second. I took my purse and I went to the waitress and I was like, hey, I just want to pay the bill. And I just paid the bill and walks out of the restaurant and I texted him. So I texted him the check is taken care of. We should have gotten the cheese, and I blocked him.
Speaker 3: Okay, so did you catch that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I caught the whole thing, just in case she didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: She went on a hinge date.
Speaker 3: She ordered the Bronzino, which is never inexpensive, by the way, right right, so.
Speaker 2: But it's healthier for you than a cheeseburger.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter. She ordered the expensive Bronzino.
Speaker 2: Fish.
Speaker 3: Okay, he says, I'll have a burger. The waitress says, do you want cheese on that? He goes, is that extra?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: We heard?
Speaker 2: We had the whole thing.
Speaker 3: He's like, not paying three dollars. I don't want the cheese, forget it right? So first of all, is he wrong for that? You don't want to pay for the cheese?
Speaker 2: Yes? Why is he wrong? He's on a date. He's on a date. He's not on a budget, right, because he's going to afford a date, so he's paying for maybe now he has enough the money. Now he's taking her, he's taking her out to eat. Listen, you gotta suck it up. You go on a date, you can order a burger. You word a fucking forty dollar fish? Whoa well didn't she? Yeah? But I would expect nothing less. I mean, you go to a restaurant, you you got. You go out to a dinner at a restaurant, ordering the burger is almost low brow. It's almost like really no.
Speaker 3: Listen, when I was dating the women would always wander things that were like relatively affordable. They would never order like give me the or a lobster, a lobster in the brush on? Man, what did you do that?
Speaker 2: When you think the guy is paying for it, you're like, oh, it's not about what you're paying for. It's about you're taking someone out on a nice dinner, to a decent a good restaurant if they have it on the Let's put it this way, if you have bronzino on the menu, then you should be able to order it because you know what you're getting. Then get one. Don't set then, don't set the date at a fancy restaurant. Set it at a burger joint where all you can't lead is a burger.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you took a girl to a steakhouse, right and she ordered the fucking Tomahawks steak for one hundred and seventy five dollars, you'd.
Speaker 2: Be fine with that. I mean, i'd look at her a little cross eyes. But but you're talking about you're not. No, that's the bad analogy because people have fish for dinner. That's a very healthy and you.
Speaker 3: Don't a tomahawk steak one hundred and seventy five. What was that place in Florida? Scary where they bring it the meat out in a suitcase?
Speaker 2: Oh poppy steak? Yeah, how much was that steak? We got it promotionally, but it was a thousand dollars a thousand dollar piece. No, you're paying for a fucking spark sparkle show. Where where they live, where they you know, that's a whole thing. That's a presentation. So the girl, the girl goes there and she's like, I want a sparkle show. I'm worth it. I'm a queen. I'll take that. There's got to be a point, scary where you go. Maybe she shouldn't be ordering the fancy thing right in that case, Yes, I agree with you. But bronzino is common. It's like it's an entree. When you look at the entree list, it's a steak, it's a chicken, and it's a fish. A second also a bronzino. Bronzino's are cheap. Bronzinos aren't like it's not like the top of the fish food chain. But you notice she could have just said she made it a point to say, what's the other one?
Speaker 3: The uh oh, what's the Chilean sea bess? So she made it a point to say, myoed bronzino. She could have just said fish anyway. Okay, what kind of place charges three dollars for cheese? A restaurant a lot of money for cheese. It's pretty common.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. They're in New York City somewhere right, Okay, where was it she was yes, I think he should have Manhattan, all right? Yeah, of course she was so offended she got up lied and said she's going to the bathroom and walked out and paid the check finally, so she paid the whole bill because he didn't want to pay the reels for cheese. She did the right thing because I'll tell you why, because she knew right away this guy was not for her. He's a fucking red flag if he's if he's quibbling over the price of cheese.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, maybe he was undecided if he wanted cheese, and I he's like, aah for three dollars, man, I don't need cheese.
Speaker 2: Give it. People don't make decisions like that when you're on a date. I do. When you're on a date, if it's me and you, you may say that, well, you're not here to impress me. You're not here to set set it a precedent or example, or or trying to be on your best behavior. You're on a date. You want to you want to put your best foot forward? Do you want to? Actually, I'm on a date.
Speaker 3: If I'm on a date with a woman who is so concerned about me putting cheese on the burger or not that I'm trying to impress her by extra spending when I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Not about it pressing. It's that you're trying to walk it back. You want to your your mind and body are craving. You want a cheeseburger because that's what you want, so order what you want.
Speaker 3: But the fact that a cheeseburger. I would look at the menu. I'm sure the menu had cheeseburger on the menu. You're not understand what I'm saying. I am understanding. What I'm saying is if I if I okay, What if I said, hey, how much is the soda and the girl says seven ninety five for a glass of dyet coke?
Speaker 2: I might I said, okay, if I go, man, I don't really need that much. Well, I wouldn't ask the price. I would just order the coke because I want to coke. You see, That's the thing. If he's in the mood for a cheeseburger, if he's in the mood for a cheeseburger, he should just have ordered the cheeseburger. By the way, I still think that's pretty weird. Unless the place is known for its cheeseburgers. And it's like outrageous, Like we're coming to this restaurant because they feature the cheeseburger and it's like a thing on TikTok. Right, it's the instagrammable meal, right, right, it's like a thing. But if it's not a thing, order order a higher quality of beef and your dick deserves. If she wants chicken or fish or whatever whatever it is, she should be able to order it. What the hell?
Speaker 3: Well, here's some of the comments on the video. Huh, I'm with the burger guy only entitled ladies that know what they want are on the crazy lady side?
Speaker 2: How many cats are you getting? Lady?
Speaker 3: What are you smoking? That man is up. He dodged a bullet. I hope he finds a girl who is also financial.
Speaker 2: Bullshit.
Speaker 3: She dodged the bullet free dinner for him and she's single for life.
Speaker 2: I can tell she's never been broken her life. What a bitch? Where are these comments coming from? Are they coming from? Are they coming from? Yelp? The ultimate in fucking everybody's got an extra grind talk video? You dipshit, TikTok, TikTok.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you got a free meal, bro, is winning. What a lucky guy that she left. I'm failing to see your point here or even your thought process. We got to find the bergerman a real date. Wow, who does she thinks she is? These people think of posting this. I now have a reference to show people when they ask me what I don't look for in a woman.
Speaker 2: These are all kids, are their kids or their literally all all adults. Girl, you did him a favor. Mm hmm, because dodged a bullet. For real, for real, you're going out to dinner. You ask somebody out to dinner, You do the proper thing. You sit down, you both order what you want to order because you want to eat that. Okay, So if let's say he wanted the cheeseburger, fine, he craved cheese on the burger. They but then he asked the price on it, which is a mistake. Just order the cheeseburger. You in the mood for a cheeseburger, fucking have a cheeseburger, don't ask price. You're on a date. The main focus. The main focus is like sitting there and getting to know your date and having conversation, not allowing an argument over extra for cheese. And then and then once he asked the price, This is three dollars extra. There's no way out of that. You continue on and order the cheeseburger. Mistake one was asking the price. Mistake two was walking it back and changing it back to a Hamburger because you don't want to pay three dollars extra for cheese.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, girl, tell me you're searching for reasons to always be along without telling me you always want to be alone.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Wow.
Speaker 3: I had the same experience. Five dollars glass of wine. He refused to pay it. I paid the entire bill and left.
Speaker 2: So she agreed, Listen, they're on a different they're on a different level. Clearly give each other. And she basically said, you know what, fuck this. I don't need this, I don't I'm this is not well. This is not the guy for me. So she did the right thing in paying the bill, because if she just would have ghosted, that would have been a bitch move, that would have been that would have been awful. Just ghosted on it. Question. But she says she took the bill. She says, I'm just going to clean up this mess because this is this is gonna I'm gonna tie this into a bow. This never happened. I'm out of here, and that's it, okay, And you cut reminds you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna remind you of something, because right now I bet you there's a bunch of slices screaming at the phone. Of course they are my friend Scary Jones maybe one episode ago, maybe two a pious I know where you're going with this guyhead talked about the single women who aimed too high and they can live their lives alone. They need to just lower their standards and go out with a good guy and not nitpick. That was Scary Jones, right, it was Scary Jones who said, if you're a six, you shouldn't be looking for a ten. This girl is a six looking for this guy. Could have been a great guy, but you didn't want to pay.
Speaker 2: Wasn't in the movie gets That's a red flag to.
Speaker 3: Me, though, that's a major f that's points dairy pill. I don't want to take a dairy pill for three dollars.
Speaker 2: Eh that guy? If that guy was a seven or an eight? And then he asked that question and I don't know, I don't want to Now it's you're at a restaurant. You're at a restaurant, man, you're in the arena. You listen, you then don't go there. Don't go to those restaurants. Don't go there. Go somewhere else. Casual, go out a high price for cheese, go out for coffee, go to Starbucks, go hang out at McDonald's. What do you want to do? What do you want to you go to? What to go to a din? I'm just telling you you.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let scary. If she wanted the burger and she said how much is cheese? And they said three dollars, and he said, don't get the cheese. If you told hard not to get the cheese, I totally get it. How you will have the fucking bronzino with the hand. No, but it's a bad sign. She's seeing what she always already is, looking into the future. She got it right up, she got it right. She doesn't get up from that table. Is he not paying for her dinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That would have been worse because now because now she knows this isn't going to.
Speaker 3: See how cheap is see if he's willing to pay for her dinner, he's buying her a fish.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't want to pay for the keep buying her a fish? What is this? Then? I feel like buying her a fish, like we're in the the depression in the nineteen twenties. Yeah, we're a fish, dude. It's a fucking date. It's a date. You come, correct, you go. That's how dates work. You ask a person out on the date. You go, sit down at the table. You want to what you want. She orders what she wants. You don't judge. Do not judge her for ordering bronzeno because she maybe wants something healthy or a good protein. All right, you want a burger? All right? You did something that's a little basic. Fine, and then you ask the price of the cheese. That is a very big red flag for a lot of people. And I don't falter for getting up paying the bill. And now it's even now. Now now he can't talk bad about her because she took on the check and then she walked down. So here's what we need. Slices.
Speaker 3: We asked you this last week and get you failed us. So I don't even give you one homework assignment.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna live us. You're a pinion.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are slices. Love us we love them. Slices, leave it talk back.
Speaker 2: On the hurt right now, Rocking Steve is gonna be bitching about Reggie, you know, and that's that's that's all the talkbacks have become lately. You realize, way I know it's not they've talked back. Listening Slice time is hilarious. It is hilarious, but we were giving you things to talk about it scary.
Speaker 3: Stay on with slices. Leave us a message. Okay, who's right? Who's wrong?
Speaker 2: And why?
Speaker 3: If you're a woman, would you have gotten up? Were you offended by it?
Speaker 2: Guys? Would you? Would you think it's a big deal? Like? Do was she wrong?
Speaker 3: And do you care if she left? As long as she paid the check? Are you thinking free meal?
Speaker 5: Baby?
Speaker 2: Leave us a talk back? Okay? Is that fair? That that that's fair? But that's just no regarding a relation to the point system. If he was a seven or an eight going into that date and he's asking the price of cheese and then doesn't like what he hears so he walks it back, that is points off.
Speaker 3: That makes him a lower number. I'm just saying, Okay, let's be honest here. Let's say he walks in he's a ten. He's a rich, hot guy. He can ask whatever the fuck he wants. She's not leaving. He's obviously a six. That's why she left. There could have been the story if A ten picks her up in a portion and takes it to this fancy restaurant and just doesn't want to pay for the cheese.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, fuck, I'll go home with the guy. A lot of variables. There's a lot of things we don't We don't know. Maybe she wasn't attracted him to to begin with, and this was her out and she's like, you know what, this is the a straw.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't say that. She whined about the fact you wanted to pay for that. You didn't want to pay for the cheese. All right, slices, you have a job to do.
Speaker 2: Leave us talk back then boys podcast We will be right back. You know, why do I start this podcasts with such an even keel, nice, normal blood pressure. I'm feeling great, and then by the time where the three quarters of the way through, I feel like I'm gonna have a coronary and my blood branches through the roof that my face is all flush red.
Speaker 3: That's this is the this is the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've heard a couple episodes.
Speaker 2: I like to ease into my weekend. I want to ease on down the road, down the road. Yeah. I don't want to carry nothing that might be a load, like David Brody. Mm hmm, you low me. I was I.
Speaker 3: I I teased the topic last week and two people messaged me and said, are you gonna talk about next week?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So I went to Morristown for lunch with my cousin, the same one who took me to the Awful movie. And I'm not going to say the name of the place, but we went to a place that sells Mexican food and it's the kind of place you go up to the register, like Chipotle, but much more upscale.
Speaker 2: Food was terrific.
Speaker 3: And I go to the I go to the cashier and I order a number whatever with the thing with the meat and the cheese. No, no stuff, I don't want, and she goes Okay, she wrings it in and of course what pops up on the screen.
Speaker 2: Scary. Oh they did the swivel. They didn't have to do swivel.
Speaker 3: It just popped up on the screen facing how much I want to twenty five right now? Do you tip at at Codoba or Chipotle or Panda Express the people who shovel the food into into your thing? No, well I didn't, so I just I skipped it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I just paid eleven dollars for fucking burrito. I don't need to. I'm not tipping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it's a rough one at those places because they're actually doing manual labor for you behind the counter.
Speaker 3: But they get paid manual prices they get they get a I know, you know you're not tipping a two dollars an hour waitress. That's that's time I would do anyway. It doesn't matter. I just was like, I was thinking about the podcast. I'm like, Noah, they had no tip because we're talking about on the podcast. So that my cousin behind me orders a similar thing, and I'm we going to sit down at the table. We had to find an empty table to one of those places you grab what every table is available. And I said, hey, let me ask you a question to my cousin. Did you did you tip? She says, yeah, I gave a couple of bucks. Why I felt like you don't give a couple of bucks. I felt guilty, I felt like pressured. I was like, okay, all right, well you're a sucker. Number forty three. That's my cousin's burrito or whatever she ordered. She goes up and gets it. She comes back and she's sitting there, and I'm sitting there, sitting out my soda, sitting there, and I'm sitting there and I hear and I'm scary.
Speaker 2: I was forty two here, forty four, forty five, forty six, forty seven, scary. I'm sitting there a while.
Speaker 3: And then finally, after like I don't know, ten minutes, I hear forty forty two and like didn't even like.
Speaker 2: Like whispering, got skipped. So I go up, I know, did you call forty two? Yeah, yeah we did.
Speaker 3: And she looks at me, the girl who's not the girl with the cashier, the girl who's giving me the food, and goes, yeah, here's your food. Do you think they told her the skipped me. I don't think they spit in my food.
Speaker 2: It was the fact she was annoyed and I waited five or six extra people. You got the tip, skip, I got the tip, Skip, I nip skip. I beg you.
Speaker 3: The cashier turned around and went forty two, no tip, no tip skip yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in the slow lane, my friend. Yeah, that's right, I got. That's like on Uber eats, when you you could have standard delivery where your food might come cold because they have other deliveries en route, or you could pay for priority, an extra two ninety nine, and you get your food fast and direct and first. So these this is like the reverse tip no tip skip yeah.
Speaker 3: I got the no tip. I got the no tip skip yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you did, Brody? How many? Well do we know if anyone else tipped? That's the question. Did anybody else my cousin did? That's all that matters. Your cousin did My cousin did? What number was he? And her food? Her food?
Speaker 3: Her food came out, she was forty three right after me. Came out right away.
Speaker 2: What was your order? And what was her order?
Speaker 3: She ordered a burrito with chicken maybe or shrimp, and I ordered a burrito with Connie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did you do one of those pull one of those brodyisms where you said, hold this and I don't want that, and I want this.
Speaker 3: And I didn't want I didn't want guak maybe, but that's less ingredients that should speed.
Speaker 2: Up the process because they have to make it special. The other ones are probably already done. No, they're not.
Speaker 3: They it's one of those places where they make it as you want to make it live in person right there behind the we'll make it live wow.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Yeah. Well if that's the case, then yeah, that you got the no tip skip, I think, and I can't. I can't imagine that anyone would ever admit that this goes on because it's probably illegal, and I'm sure that they would be fired by the company immediately if they found out they were doing the no tip skip. But I could totally see how that you were unfavorable to them, say said, don't let this motherfucker wait fuck this guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So now here's the question. By the way, the food was delicious. Do I go back and remember to tip. Do I go back and expect it I have to wait a little longer, or do I never go back as I'm pissed. What would you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I would go back as an experiment. At the very least, I would get back and not tip again. And right if you get the no tip skip, because it happens again where they bypass the number and they roll up, they come back to you afterwards, then you're being no tip skipped. Okay.
Speaker 3: This leaves us for more homework for the slices than slices. Number one, am I imagining things? Or am I right? Number two is the restaurant right? And number three do you work in a restaurant and would you do the no tip skip?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I want to know. I want to know the same thing slices, especially if you work in a restaurant and actually implement this unwritten rule, very very unsacred rule. That's terrible. That that is. That's next level, dude, next level. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's not good. All right.
Speaker 3: So last thing about Mount Morristown, New Jersey. I told you five or six episodes ago that it's a town where they train seeing eye dogs. So all of the that don't walk walk signs on the poles. They have buttons that say like I think I don't I think it was something like you can walk now, you can walk now. Like it's it's very loud, like they tell you when the light changes. And that's because they train seeing eye dogs there. And there's a there's a there's a home for the blind there. Maybe I don't know, but there's a there's a company that trains seeing eye dogs and like military dogs, like for veterans, like who need an assistant. But it's mostly blind dogs. Dogs that help blind people, not the dogs aren't blind. So we're walking down the street and we see a woman with a seeing eye dog, and she's wearing a mask on her face. You know those masks you buy when you want to block out the light and go to sleep. Yeah, right, they called sleep masks. She's wearing a sleep mask and walking down the street. So it occurred to me and my cousin that she must be trying to see if I was blind, would the dog be able to help me, right, Because if she walks down the street with her eyes open, it's hard to tell if the dog would have one hundred percent helped you.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So she's putting herself like a blind person wearing the mask. Okay, I get that. By the way, I would be terrified. Imagine the dog is not fully trained and walks you right into a car.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So that was before we had lunch. After lunch, we're walking down the street. We're going back to my car where I parked, and the street curves. There's a curve in the street at where the curb is, so it makes like a left and then goes down to where the curb is, and that's where you cross the street. Okay, because that's it. Just it just curves at the end, like like a reverse letter R. It curves at the end. There's a guy crossing the street towards us with a seeing eye dog and he's wearing black dark glasses and he crosses the street towards us, and as he's getting to the curb, he turns to his right as the street's turning, but the dog didn't turn. So my cousin and I are staring at him, like if he's blind.
Speaker 2: How did he know the street? How that hmmm? So then he looks right at us and says, hello, have a nice day. It freaked me the fuck out. He wasn't blind, because I said to my cousin, because maybe he sees shadows.
Speaker 3: Scary, How would he know the street curved? The dog didn't curve.
Speaker 2: Did he have one of those tappers the tapping king, the stick that comes from side to side. No tap, no tap? Dog in his left hand and he he actually pulled the dog to the right as the street turned, so as he was crossing the street he had to turn out an angle. Then he then he then he's not blind. No, but it freaked us out because you're like, how did he see the turn? And he looked at it he goes, hey, guys, have a nice day or whatever.
Speaker 3: Was like, Oh, that's hysterical, scared. It's scared the hell out of me. I did like a you know, because like when you think someone's sleeping and they go what you see a dead body in the movie, and all of a sudden they go their eyes open, That's what it was like. Yeah, he was like, oh, look at us, because I was like, you know, pointing them, how did that guy?
Speaker 2: And he looks. So you gotta be careful that you can't make faces at the blind people in Marstown, New Jersey, because a lot of them are blown blind. Not that you should be making faces, they just have cataracts and they can't see. Well, this was a dog, all right, just all right, okay, we're gonna leave it right there. I like that you leave it right there. Yeah, we gave you guys homework. You got homework to do. My blood pleasure is almost normal. You want to say, somebody would inside a riot before we get out of here. Now, your mother, your mother is a Seaword Boys
Speaker 5: Boys