Speaker 1: The volume, Shador Sanders is drafted in the fifth round. The Browns traded up to select him. All these anonymous reports are coming out about Shador having bad interviews, especially with the Giants. According to Todd McShay, Shador completely bombed his interview with the Giants. He didn't have a great interview with head coach Brian day Ball. The preparation wasn't there for an install package. Day Ball called him out and Sanders didn't like it. Day Ball had gone eight and twenty six over the past two seasons, so he probably knows a thing or two about being unprepared. To be honest with you, I mean, you go eight and twenty six, you go eight and twenty six being unprepared.
Speaker 2: You are known unprepared person when you see one.
Speaker 1: Considering over the last two years, that's kind of exactly what you've been. And then there's been reports of him having a big entourage because his brother shoots videos of him being in the family. He's with his brother and his family, no drinking, no drugs, no controversy, just living his life.
Speaker 2: Oh till this is I'm gonna start with you first. Yeah, here, that he.
Speaker 1: Didn't do well in the interview, he didn't hit it off with coach day Ball and seemed like he was unprepared, didn't like the entourage.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, right, I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it because every single NFL player, every single When I say every single, I mean every single.
Speaker 4: Has an entourage. Most of the entourage is his family in France.
Speaker 3: If it's not family in France, it's friends that you grew up with, right, Everybody has that.
Speaker 4: So I'm not sure why I even came in to.
Speaker 3: Play and we talked about everybody regardless of race, regardless of ethnicity, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: So that's one thing interview interview goes bad. I'm prepared now.
Speaker 3: I think I'm thinking about a son of one of the great players of all time, who's always been prepared and coached and having tutelage from one of the best of all time, and for some reason, all of a sudden, you weren't prepared for interview when it comes to the game of football in which he's a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Again, that's something else that's not believable.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, media, media can can can can screw things and report things that obviously aren't true.
Speaker 2: Bingo. Forget that.
Speaker 4: So he dropped to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: Round five? What picked one?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 3: Was it one? I'm not even tripping at this point. I'm not even tripping at this point because Prime obviously is prepared should do it for any and everything, dealing with media, dealing with with with those that doubt you. So I'm just happy he has this opportunity because what's happening in this scenario, in this situation in which I still believe, is clusion. I'm not talking about race. I'm not talking about race at all. I'm just speed. I'm just saying a collective collusion against brother Sanders and all the things. And then just the hype and listen the machine again. I said it last night. I said it last night. We have choices, people choose what they want to see. I said it yesterday. I'm not talking about race at all. One thing for sure, the Machine is undefeated and will always remain undefeated anytime it feels not really threatened. But there's another name or family that think they can come in and do things their way.
Speaker 2: They'll humble you.
Speaker 3: And this was then example of it, an example of it that we've never ever ever seen before that this magnitudek. We've never seen anything like this. I'm happy for Shador. I'm happy for Shiloh and for Shador standers getting the opportunity to play for the Cleveland Browns. His situation is simple as put. It's delayed, but it's not denied. It's not about where you go, it's what you do once you get there. So now you know what you need to do. The Browns haven't had a quarterback, haven't had a quarterback, a sufficient quarterback and consistent quarterback for Hardy, Colesar, gay Ribs and Bernie for a very long time. This might be their calling, This might be their blessing. This might be his.
Speaker 4: Blessing even going there. So I'm happy for him.
Speaker 2: He's gonna do what's necessary.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he had the chip on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: And I'm excited because in that in that AFC North, you know it run through Cincinnati, and the only.
Speaker 4: Way you're gonna get it done is you forgot a quarterback. I just had that in the piece.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I saw you done that in there. Did you think it's one?
Speaker 6: Honestly, man, guys, to be honest with you, I mean I fell for him, obviously, you know, you work so hard and it's tough for you projected to go first round.
Speaker 2: I had a situation once.
Speaker 6: It's not obviously not the same because basketball is totally different as far as was the number of people that get picked. But I was with my best friend Nazi Muhamma was supposed to be picked a lot of them when he came out and Na slid to twenty nine and just sit there and that obviously it was nothing like where you have to actually wait a whole nother day to get drafted, but just to see him slide, huh.
Speaker 2: You ain't two days. He got drafted today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to wait two days, so's it's it's different. But I think like this, to be honest with you, I say that I think you have to play the game, Shannon. To be honest with you, I think if he would have played, I'll play. I'm just gonna play the game, so I'd get drafted whatever that would have been. Whatever, And I think sometimes that's what not And I'm not sure this, and you guys can correct me if I'm wrong, because it seems like I've never seen an agent and obviously i'm watching from Afar. I'm watching off TV on social media. Did he do we have an agent?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I bet Shallow made a joke too about our dad with our agent, and we might need to hire a new agent, okay, right, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know because I think I think you know how to say it. Sometimes you have an agent. He can tell you the truth behind closed doors of what they're actually saying and what you need to work on. So by then I've been to day, he probably not really hearing everything. They probably can't tell them, so he's not hearing everything that they're saying.
Speaker 2: So I think that was probably one mistake.
Speaker 6: And I don't know if he had an agent or not, so if the agent to kind of buffer that to talk to them and kind of figure it out. But you gotta figure this thing out, man. I think one thing about it. It was about interview I don't think the skill set. I mean he put the numbers up. The numbers speak for theyself. He had the numbers, so we got to look at some of the other stuff. I mean, I worked out for nine teams. When I came out, I interviewed with nine teams, so you gotta go through that process. I'm not sure how he interviewed maybe that was a little sketchy. That can rub some gms and it's ext the wrong way. You know, sometimes you don interview Well, maybe the swagger what he's coming with great family, family dynamics.
Speaker 2: His family's gonna support him. Obviously.
Speaker 6: He has a certain swag, a certain order he carries with him, which.
Speaker 2: We all love.
Speaker 6: And we all we just talked about that. We liked that, we talked. We all all three of us talk trash, we all celebrated, we all have fun, so we know that.
Speaker 2: So that's not the problem. We brought our own style, so that wasn't a problem with them.
Speaker 6: I just felt like they didn't play the game that everybody else played, and they wanted to show them that. Look, it's still the NFL. We still run this. You still got to go through this proper pecking order. And I think that's what it was. That's what it looks like. You can't look at it. If you look at his numbers and skilled of them, the guys that got picked perform all this stuff, it doesn't make sense, right, So it's got to be something behind the scenes. Yeah, it can't be football ability. It has to be something to buy the things. That's why I said that he had an agent, maybe somebody that could hear the noise, because he probably didn't hear the real noise. Correct, you know what I mean? We all TV watching all the analysts and everybody. But you know, y'all proven you so much information, y'all don't prove you so much. We're not hearing that real noise, you know what I mean. So that's what in terms of your agent gets that for you to kind of help you out and maybe help you get your act together.
Speaker 2: That's why I really want to know if he had an agent.
Speaker 3: But then, you know the funny thing about it, to on on even even at that point, you are you are, shador is who he is.
Speaker 4: The Santa's family, they are who they are.
Speaker 3: That that that's it, and they've always been unapologetically themselves and that rubs a lot of people wrong. A lot of people don't like that, including some of those in the NFL. Some of the things that Deanna said in the past they probably didn't like. They probably didn't like it. You know, he wanted to pull and uh, he wanted to pull you know with Eli that.
Speaker 2: Probably they probably didn't like it. They quote tweets that he said a long time ago. And I know let me tell you why.
Speaker 3: I know this is all collusion. You know, I think about some like like going, you know what, I'm not even gonna bring it up. I'm not gonna bring it up. I'm happy he got where he needed to go. This is exactly where were supposed to land. Because I guarantee you watch it be a blessing in disguise and them never having a quarterback and all of a sudden, for some reason, Shador being the answer for the next decade.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right.
Speaker 6: Watch what I actual, guys something as a I'm a basketball guy. I'm gonna ask you some Chad. You can you can ask this because you talked to right now. Can you ask this if the Cleveland the right fit for him? Because sometimes that's just regard what number he went. Did he go to a good situation? Well, he can actually be able to showcase himself and have a real opportunity to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Do you guys like that situation?
Speaker 3: If the GM and the owners are combatant when his time comes to be able to compete for a starting job, if they continue to build around him, Yes, it's the right place if they continue to do right by the quarterback position like other teams are doing, like they do for the Mahomes, and they do for the Jaalen Hurts, and they do for you know, the other quarterbacks, the Jayden Daniels. As you continue to put the pieces to the postal to ride him while you have a quarterback on a very very cheap I hate using that word cheap, but you know, a very affordable content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's in the right place.
Speaker 2: But if they do what they've always.
Speaker 3: Done for a very long time, where they've been through two hundred and seventy six thousand quarterbacks, then it would be the same, the same process to repeat itself. They had Baker Mayfield, you had the number one pick. There was nothing wrong with Baker Mayfield because look what he's doing in Tampa Bay. So that tells you where the problem lies. That the problem lies with Cleveland internally. Now you've got an opportunity again, let's not f it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I love when quarterbacks, young quarterbacks come in. They have an unbelievable support system. Hopefully you have somebody that can that's really smart schematically knows how the diagram plays. Oh Joe knows how to put quarterbacks in the right situation. You have a decent running back. I'm not saying you need sat one. I mean, although that would be nice to have a Saquon Barkley and Derri Henry on a rookie quarterback, but you need quality receivers.
Speaker 2: You see CJ. Stroud where he went and had success.
Speaker 1: Look at the receivering court that he had, Look at jayde and Daniels, look at the receiving court that he had. The question is are there enough pieces around any quarterback for regardless if it's a rookie or not, is there enough pieces around him so he can adequately do what he needs to get done. I think Stefanowski is as unbelievable coach. He's the coach of the year. He knows how to call plays, he knows how the scheme plays, and so now it just comes down to, Okay, when you get your opportunity, you gotta shine. You gotta prepare like there's no tomorrow, because that's already out there. O Joe, you see what they're saying he was unprepared. You see what they did, O Joe. See we already put that out there on you. Now, hey, that's the game. They gonna play the game. They're going to play the game. There's only one way you could be the game. That's in between the lines. Yeah, No matter what to say, it blocks out all the lowers.
Speaker 3: You can only be the game in between the lines. That's it, no matter what they say.
Speaker 1: But I will say this on Joe, I don't know if they're gonna allow Bluckie to go in and film everything that your door is doing, that's over.
Speaker 2: That's over now.
Speaker 1: When you at Colorado and your dad's the head coach, they're gonna allow that.
Speaker 2: That's over with now. Yeah, I mean they understand that. But I'm thought he was the thought. I thought he was the video guy. I thought he's the video Yo. You can't. You ain't gonna have no personal video guy. Well, yeah you can. You can't. Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Once once you entered that building, once you on grounds in that facility, all that, all that's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so h yeah, and so that's that's having it on rock.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 1: And like I said, I don't know, I don't know if he went to the building and they tried to go in the meeting rooms and Bucket was trying to capture content. Uh, he doesn't have an agent because time agent was Eugene Parker, rested old Eugene passed away several years ago, and so I'm sure Time will probably interview somebody now, And I agree. I agree with you, Twine, probably. And that's the thing, because you have an agent and they hear things that they can tell you things. Now, they're gonna all the really really bad stuff. They ain't gonna share that with you because they don't want to mess with your mentally, Yes, yeah, but they'll share enough of stuff with you so you get the picture and get a great understanding of what's actually going on.
Speaker 2: So, uh, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, if I'm not mistaken, I so you know, obviously my agent was obviously when I first got the league of Jerome Stanley, phenomenal dude that did really well for me, you know, on the back end of my career from the middle on the back end, it was Drew Rosenhouse. And if I'm not mistaken, I saw drews Rosenhouse post for Shiloh Sanders once he got drafted. So I'm assuming Drew rosen House must to be representing Shiloh.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure represents your door though, right.
Speaker 1: I get it because Okay, the Brian's Court, the current quarterback room, Deshaun Watson, Joe Flacco, Kenny Pickett, Dylan Gabriel, Shador Sanders, DeShawn Watson, Starter Flac or the Vet. If Deshan can't go, you got Kenny Pickett, the backup, Dylan Gabriel, rookie Chadure, rookie Phil. What's going on? I mean, damn, what's really going on? What's really going on on?
Speaker 2: Joe Hey, I like to compete. He got no problem with it. I like to compete.
Speaker 4: Who I need to beat out?
Speaker 2: I love Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 1: I love I don't know how you beat Deshaun out when he got another forty eight got thirty eight million dollars this year and another forty million next year.
Speaker 2: How you beat him out?
Speaker 5: Sean?
Speaker 2: And he not Shune not playing the shit. Okay, he's not gonna play this year.
Speaker 7: Okay, So now you got flat Yeah, yeah, you got ach Achilles, Achilles Achilles. Yeah, so listen, I'm yeah, yeah, yeah, kids, I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna play.
Speaker 2: Outat I love Kenny pictt.
Speaker 3: I love Kenny Pickett, I love that that No brother Gabriel, but Chador if he does what he's supposed to do. You know, we've seen Kenny Pickett already. We haven't seen Dylan Gabriel yet. But I'm just saying, I know, probably Fla I'm gonna start, He's gonna start at some point, She's gonna get a shot.
Speaker 4: At some point he's gonna get that shot. And when the or open.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask both of you guys.
Speaker 6: Let me ask both of you while Cleveland whileld Cleveland do that, while with Cleveland won a quarterback room with five guys that that bring up?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Does that mean anything? They don't get them? Yeah? The three? Okay, so the Sean Sean DeShawn is not playing it.
Speaker 6: I don't forget he's not playing. He's not playing like January or February or something like that.
Speaker 1: You're right, I forgot, yeah, play you might would just go ahead and you know, put him on our R and go ahead.
Speaker 5: Let that go.
Speaker 1: Uh what I don't get Cleveland at some point in time, y'all gotta stop trading back.
Speaker 2: Y'all could have had Julio Jones. You traded back.
Speaker 1: You could have had you could have had Travis Hunter, and you're doer and you traded back. Yeah, at some point in time, when guys are sitting there waiting for you to take them, take them right, take them.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: But I guess they're looking at it like we're more than one player away. But sometimes that player can help change things around. I don't I don't get it. I don't get what they're doing with this situation. Like you said, twan, he had an unbelievable college career. He played well in Jackson State, and then they said, well, yes, Jackson State, that's why you're doing that.
Speaker 2: He goes to Colorado.
Speaker 1: He puts some successual numbers, you know, great completion percentage.
Speaker 2: He throws guys open.
Speaker 1: No, he's not the most athletic guy, but he's not a decatholic. He don't need to hide jump, long jump, pole vault, shot put hurdle one hundred, four hundred fifteen. He do all that all he needs to do. Can he take three? Can he drop back five? Can his own read? Can can he do the stuff? Can he process information in a hurry? Yeah, that's what a quarterback needs. He needs to be confident. He needs to be able to process information in the hurry, and he needs to be able to retain information. I mean, he he's shown you he can do that. Ever since he's I mean from from middle school to high school to college. So let's see if that is that's transferable. I like to think I don't like to think that it is. But you don't know twy. You know this same thing with all sports. You don't know what you have with the guy until you get him in your building and put him in your uniform. That's when you one hundred percent know for certain what the hell I got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because all.
Speaker 1: This other stuff, well, he won this award, and he did all this, and he did all of that, and I've seen it having played in the NFL. Guys come in and have all these credentials and I don't know how they Hey, somebody gave you a fake passport, cause I don't know how you get all I don't know how you get all that.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, guys, in football, is about the number or is it more about.
Speaker 8: The fit fit? It's always gonna be fair, It's always gonna be fit fit always, do you guys think so? If you had to grag this fit. What would you guys go right now? I know you's got to go compete.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: Fit.
Speaker 3: I would have liked New Orleans a little better. I would like New Orleans better too.
Speaker 1: But the thing is now, because twat I was telling not what your last night is that I went to a team I was a big wide receiver. I went to one of the three teams that had the he back position. Washington had the H back position, the Broncos had the h back position, and the Chargers San Diego there in San Diego then had the age back position. Every tight end on the roster got hurt. I'm the biggest receiver. Coach Reese, come a, would you be willing to move to age back? I'm gonna catch the ball? Yeah, if you told me, if you learned to plays. Okay, So now here I am a big wide receiver. Imagine I don't go to a team that has the age back position. So I switched midway through like a third of the way I have like probably like week eight, Week nine, Week ten, they moved me to like tight end cat and the rest of that they say history. So it's absolutely where you go. Not a lot I get it because a lot of times twin you know this first four and five picks, they get a boatload of money. Now you want to make a boat load of money for short period of time, for an extended period of time. Because I had a fourteen year career. There are a lot of guys that went in the first round on Joe. They made money for a three four year period. I made money for a fourteen year period. It's not how much money you make, it's how long you make money and then what you're gonna do. It's not how much money you make, it is how much you keep. So it's absolutely twine fit where you go that fit.
Speaker 2: And what they do for you while you're there.
Speaker 6: Too, though, he got It's made a little money in space too, So yeah, yeah, have known.
Speaker 1: Had he known what he known, he'd have stayed in college and made some more. And I held money. He like, hell, if y'all gonna take me in the field around he made more, Yet I'm ailing.
Speaker 2: What is the rook Your contract gonna be your joke?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, oh wow, that is right. Wow, listen, I think I think the situation in general is good for him. Get it puts a chip on the show. Yeah, Oh, this is this is how you feel about me. Okay, bet hold my beer, I got this watch me.
Speaker 2: I listen.
Speaker 3: I face adversity before. I've had the hurdle obstacles before.
Speaker 4: This is just another one that's in the way.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to prove to you that I'm worthy of doing all the things you said I can't. Oh, you feel I'm a fifth round pick. I mean I'm I'm a fifth rounder.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Tripping the Jaguars one hundred percent committed to Travis Harder, letting him play wide receiver and corner. They told him, you got a bold vision, and we got a bold vision for you. Yeah, Ojo, Yeah, what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: I like what you mean?
Speaker 4: What I'm thinking, I'm thinking, duvall Man, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it, listen, he said.
Speaker 3: He said it not only during the interview process, allowing him to do what he has dreamed of and been working on the entirey of his career so far. I mean as far as collegiate wise.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: He has a belief and believes he believes that's the one thing that you need in anything that you do regards to whether it's the corporate world or whether it's sports. If I believe I can do what I can achieve it, you and I we have different beliefs on whether they can do it at this level. But we're gonna find out now, We're gonna find out, even play both sides of the ball. I like the fact that the owners, the GMS, and everyone else inside that that that locker room are going to allow him to do exactly what he did in college to what.
Speaker 4: Extent, I'm not sure. To what extent I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I think they gave a brief, a brief press conference on ways they can figure out on how to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm just excited him, man. I'm happy. I'm happy for trav I'm happy for the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for the fans in that city, especially uh the city itself.
Speaker 2: Man, they got a good one.
Speaker 3: Then he's gonna put some busts in the seats and he's gonna make it exciting for the next next decade.
Speaker 6: I got a question for you guys, just you know, as football guys, just honestly, what if you you guys know how talent he is and how good he is, which one's best at. Which one do you think he could be the Which one you think he could be great at?
Speaker 2: I know you don't want It's.
Speaker 6: Hard to pick one side, but I'm pretty sure he's better on one side than the other.
Speaker 2: And me, look at me. I like him at dB. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I think he has incredible instincts. I think he's an instincts are crazy. The way he can see in his recognition to see this and diagnose it. And that's what the really great corners can do to one is that they can see a formation, they'll see a split, and they'll know automatically what's coming. So I look at I look at this split. I look at these two receivers over here. I might take a glance over there. That's okay, I guys up for y'all running if you want to run it, if you want to try to run, be off deep and try to run this same right there behind it and watch what I do to it. Yeah, I think he has I think he has unbelievable instincts, unbelievable recognition. And you build a package around him and oh Joe, remember we talked about Brian Thomas Jr. Ye There, he's not better than Brian Thomas Jr. He's phenomenal. Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 2: He that guy.
Speaker 4: Listen, Brian ty A Antoine. Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 3: Is one of those receivers that will probably be a top five receiver maybe maybe after this year. He's that good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, out of l s U.
Speaker 4: When you already know what LSU produced, he wanted, he wanted them once.
Speaker 2: Well as probably be third downs packages. Right, but let's see.
Speaker 1: That's see people when when Ocho and I we try to explain to people, yeah, build a package. Uh you know, you have a third down package, or you have a specialty package, a group of plays that you feel comfortable with him. Maybe it's in the red zone, maybe it's in certain areas of the field, certain situations. But people like nah, just let him play as much as you want to play.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, okay, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't run him into the ground. You want you want him to play and make sure he's efficient on both sides.
Speaker 2: Of the ball. Yes, you wanted to be ash of physicality. Is this body makeup ready for that physicality?
Speaker 1: There's the mental approach because you got the study. I mean, like I said, Okay, we said one thing Ocho about rock recognition as the dB. But you have to understand also, you have to understand coverages from a wide receiver perspective, right, you have to understand. So let's just say, for the sake of argument, you play in Miami. Okay, you guard Tyreek for for a twelve eight ten, twelve plays and now you got to go up again a Jayleen Ramsey.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You guard Zaint Flowers and you god Sean Bateman, and then you got to go up against Marlon Humphrey and Wiggins. So you know you got to be because you look, there are very few teams in college that had an elite corner and an elite dB.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get it every week.
Speaker 1: Now, you get it every week, even if the guys aren't certain, they're really good. So now you got you got a Nico, and now you got Daarri Stingley, and you got Stingley.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that's a nasty kind of I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said, you're saying, yeah, ain't no nice, ain't no, ain't no, not well.
Speaker 2: Off.
Speaker 1: I'm going bud oh, Joe, Joe, Warren Moon personally unretires the number one for cam Ward. Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Moon, currently the only blank quarterback in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, gave up his number one famous number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gave his blessing and allowed cam Ward to wear the.
Speaker 1: Jersey previously retired by the Titans recently said it would consider giving this blessing the war toward the digit. I'm thinking nobody said Moon would ask if he would allow permission to give Ward the number to Ward? Should wound? Should Warren have felt pressure to do this? On joke, I wouldn't say pressure. But cam Ward is special. Cam Ward is a special player.
Speaker 3: He's obviously he's coming to He's coming to the Titans, and why not continue that legacy? Why not continue that legacy that Warren Moon set, you know when he was there and allowed cam to carry that torch on, you know, wearing the number one as a new franchise quarterback, hopefully for the next decade or so.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: It's a dope move.
Speaker 2: It's a dope movie. Joe. I wouldn't I have Cam even new? You think Cam New? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, Okay, that would have been a dope.
Speaker 2: Surprise. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: I want to ask Joe, Joe, you got your number retired? Somebody come in and they want to wear that, They want to wear Joe. They would what you doing, Joe? Yeah, I'm I'm doing it if it's special?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: He number one? Pick he been weighing the number one. Uh, you know, shout out to O G for you know, taking out the rafts.
Speaker 5: Lay young boy, take off with it. Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't got EGO when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, uncle, Joe. We ain't just giving anybody that number. You got to be that boy. Yeah, and cam Ward is that boy. So it's understandable that's someone you know what majority number retire. But for him, yeah, oh yeah, I'm good. I relink Our relink was sat absolutely seven numbers?
Speaker 2: Were you always seven? Joke?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: Man, I wouldn't uber what were you? Weren't seventy Phoenix?
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't look. I wore Uh, I just got I just got seven when I got to Brooklyn. But coming up, like through junior high, high school, in college, I wore number twenty four. So when I got to the pros. I got drafted by Boston. They ain't got no numbers. Yeah, every number they got big numbers, forty four, fifty five, you can't get no single digit, no, but twenty four after question, man, they got so many numbers of the time. So look the only number they had that I could get with thirty one. So I rocked with thirty one. Yeah, you're at court, Brad Facks. Well, Jersey, it's my guy going bred.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: Look I'm in the raft, bes I after have Boston man thirty one.
Speaker 6: When I get traded to Phoenix, I'm trying to get twenty four, but I'm playing with Tom Googliata. Tom Googlada got twenty four, so I ain't even for they two four. You can go keep it right, just gonna I'm just gonna roll with this too. So I've been rocking with number two, uh, all the way through Atlanta, and then when I got to Brooklyn and I just changed it up and went to seven. Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm like, damn, Joe, Joe had by Hey, they couldn't fire Joe. They're like, what Joe, Joe's ever twenty four?
Speaker 5: Thirty one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, man, I wanted one of them single digits in Boston. Why, Like, when we getting drafted, I'm like, okay, what number can I get? Can I get number twenty four? They started showing me all the numbers that was retired.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh no, they got all Jones, Casey Jones, Hyson, Russell Bird, Dennis Johnson, they.
Speaker 2: Got Bob Coosey, they got Bill Sharmon. Hey, look they retire so mean numbers.
Speaker 1: Name I said, man, they got double z ro retired, they got what's the collor retired?
Speaker 2: They got Kevin McHale, I get cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got double zero, thirty two, thirty three, I think Dennis Johnson.
Speaker 2: I think DJ was three, Yeah he was Johnson. Yeah, they got DJ. Yeah, they got DJ retired.
Speaker 1: They got Sam Jones, Casey Jones, Hamla check Cowen's.
Speaker 6: So anytime they got Bob PiZZ anytime y'all going to Boston Arena, y'all look up in the rafter thirty one up the baby.
Speaker 2: There's a nice old joke baby for you were sharing that thing.
Speaker 5: That's my man. You already know that's my man. Cord Bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, graduation congraduation, all right?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: One was it like in the green room waiting back call. Did you have an idea that it could possibly be the Giants?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I definitely had a good feeling. My I usually trust my gut. My gut said in New York. My parents wanted to go to go to New York. So I'm a I'm a New York Giant. This You had a journey, you wanted to go play college football. That was your dream, probably Penning State, your dream, your dream college situation. Now it's a different journey, your journey to get here. Now the journey starts all over again to be great here? What has prepared you for this moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have to start with my dad?
Speaker 9: Is him training me my whole life, teaching me everything I know, all the work out, put in, all the sacrifices they made for me, and now it all starts again.
Speaker 2: I'm back to work backgrounding. I'm ready to get started. I like that. I got you.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about rookie year coming in, setting short term goals. What would your show, your short term goals be coming in to be a New York Giant? What do you what would you set?
Speaker 1: So far? I haven't read anything down yet, but I'm definitely gonna get some goals I want to accomplish.
Speaker 9: I'm usually like I'm big on that right now. My goal is chasing them, But I'm definitely gonna think about some things all night. You go to the Giants, Jazz always had really good defenses. Keevon Thibodeau on one side. You got big Lawrence in the middle that you on the other side. Have you thought about what is gonna be like that front? For that front seven trying to attack the quarterbacks in that division? You've got to washing the commanders.
Speaker 1: You got Jalen Hurst the Super Bowl depending Champ Giants with Sayt Karn Barkley and those talented wide receivers out there. And you got the Dallas Cowboys, Dak Prescott, Ceedee Lamb. Jerry says he has some trades up his sleeve. We haven't seen it yet. What have you thought about what your defense is gonna look like when you go out there? Your first ota is coming up.
Speaker 9: For sure, But first I just want to I want to meet those guys, get to know them as men, develop a relationship as a teammate.
Speaker 2: Then once I do that, we're gonna hit the field. Just create have it.
Speaker 1: You do realize now you've followed the guy you weren't at number eleven. You got to be a hair raiser. You put that jersey on in Penn State for a reason. Now, the last guy that came out of Penn State, that one that wore that jersey, he was a defensive rookie of the year. Have you said, you know, I'm sure you guys have a healthy competition, like, hey, you got it, I'm gonna get it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what's your expectation that award?
Speaker 1: Would you like to Obviously you like to win it, but have you thought that far in advance what it would mean for you to go out.
Speaker 2: There and have that type of season?
Speaker 9: If I do everything I was supposed to do, pick the work in first all that's gonna come with it, thank youself. Yeah, we're good at the year. I want to be off pro ia wanta do it all. But at the end of the day, my man go, I want to win. It's gonna help my team win.
Speaker 2: Has it sunk in yet? You have this sunk in yet? For sure?
Speaker 5: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Crazy, it's gonna hit you, Yeah, it's gonna hit you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: When you when you were a kid, you say your dad is training your whole life, and you train the lifetime. You prepare a lifetime for this moment. So you're sitting back there, you know you're going early. You just don't know where you're going. It could be Cleveland, it could be the Giants. You don't know, but you know I'm going early. It's not gonna be a low Hey, momy, Hey, you don't worry about the guys. We're gonna be out here in twenty minute. If I promise you thirty cops, I might not be twitted, but thirty times and we done.
Speaker 9: They was more nervous than me, but I had a pretty good felling where I was gonna go. So right, I'm happy to be a New York Giant, go big Blue live, and that's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 1: So now you get uh, obviously you're headed up there as soon as as soon as you leave us, you go to head up there, go around and meet the coaching staff, you know, meet the ownership, meet general manager. Problem, I don't know how long you're gonna be up there. You're gonna look for a place while you're up there, or you're gonna have that kind of time.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, we're gonna have to figure all that out. But I really just want to go back celebrating my parents, my mom and my dad. Get him another hub that celebrate this moment. When you get back home, where are you from? I'm from Philly?
Speaker 2: Oh you.
Speaker 5: Right now? I'm on New York.
Speaker 2: I'm on the.
Speaker 5: Have you go?
Speaker 1: When you get back home in Philly, all your family, friends and loved ones that have known the dual Carter your entire life?
Speaker 2: What is that moment gonna be like?
Speaker 1: When you get with all your family, friends and loved ones and they get an opportunity to celebrate with you, because it takes a billities.
Speaker 2: To to raise that Buell Carter. If I can't wait, I'm real thankful for them.
Speaker 9: Everybody will want me to get you to this moment, and I can't wait to give back to knowing everybody that helped me get here, all the sacrifices people made.
Speaker 1: But I mean you, I was talking o you. I said, oh yo, even pomps, I stop this, Dad can let you out do me all? Do get me some fikee while you at it. The Pom's got a crill too. No, I A don't got you. You got to this shame on Yeah, okay, I know you, I know your mom. Your mom was like, she was really emotional back there. I saw I think that was your sister with also right now, Manu, and she was like, I'm looking at looking at your mom, and she was like, relieve.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she did a lot of praying for this moment. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Seeing her happy, seeing her problem me, That's that's my heart. Nothing give me more joy, none, None make me more happy. Seeing her happy for me.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: I just just thought about all the obscles, all that adversity, especially as your parents go through all the sacrifices they make to get to this point to actually be taking them back and actually making it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm just congratulates you and corretlates you in the family, and man, I wish you nothing but love and love.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Jochelle.
Speaker 1: You know you got to get a big, big old chick. That first check will be big. What's the first thing you're gonna do. I gotta take care of my people's first. Get my mom and my dad something nice. I'm definitely gonna get me some nice trick.
Speaker 2: Oh son.
Speaker 1: When you get something nice, you talking about a being here cool, you will get enough know the piece of eyes?
Speaker 2: What what you look at? That? Probably vehicle?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What's your dream vehicle?
Speaker 9: Probably something more low key? Already I already have my dream. My first car was my dream car?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: A Tesla Model X? But or just reg it, man, stop trying you man, what your fin to get?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Stop talking about the Testlok, we'll see what happened. I want some more low key stay out the way, okay, man, okay, Oh you're trying to look at you look for a slider or.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: But what I mean? What do you?
Speaker 5: What do you? What do your mom?
Speaker 2: What do your mom and dad want? Do they want a new crib? Do they want vehicle? What do they want? Have you have your has come? Have they have you thought about it again? Whatever they want? That's all me. Yeah like that, like whatever she wants, it's all you. It's on me. What I want? You know what I want? No?
Speaker 5: Not you? Not you?
Speaker 10: Not what may wait? Slide you on the jersey or something, flick at something we do I can get your jersey. I just wanted I just want to from.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I don't I don't think I want eleven. But there's number I've got it.
Speaker 1: Noth in mind if anybody have it, because you know, you might have to get a bread if somebody got it and you got it.
Speaker 2: So who got elevens?
Speaker 1: You don't want to leven? No, A level was a Ping State thing. Actually, I'm starting from scrash. You gotta keep that thing going by. I want something new, double z ro, double z row. It's ain't plus Michael, Michael Levet. I ain't feel to do that. I did that at Ping State. We kept that lettage going. It's time for the duel.
Speaker 9: You gotta go single digit though, No, it's a double digit. If a double digit, it's retired, though, wist. I gotta have some conversations. As long as it ain't fifty six, you I can get it. But if it's fifty six, I don't know if you can get that one not.
Speaker 2: I love to hear that. You want a problem, LT.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens, Siel. Yeah, I'll feel a big shooting before I do it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I like that because when they talk about the best defensive players ever, you never go past LT because you hear a lot of people say a bit. We talked about wide receiver it might be random. Might you talk about running backs? It might be buried in the or or Jim Brown or Walter Payton. You go to a lot of different when it come to defensive playoffs. One dude that said, yeah, hey, you go about it. He don't even go about a real name. You go by initials LT bad a duel matter. I'm so proud of your man. I'm watching your tape. I was looking at you at the bowl game and I was like, man, he just I mean, he beating these guys one move and then it's like, well, nah, he had a shoulder. His shoulder was messed up. Because man, you're ripped. I mean you tremitted that first step. You can turn, translate, speed, the power, you can do it. You could bend the edges. You got a great snatch arm, rip the pull. How did you get better? What I am doing? Party need to work on to get better. I think there's a lot of ways I can get better.
Speaker 9: It was my first year in the new position, so I'm just getting started to Scott's dilemma.
Speaker 2: For me, I can just keep getting better. I can play tight end too, try out.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying he'd the only one would do it, but hey, try they put you on the goal line, you're gonna go catch you.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: It put it out there in the universe the Giants. So obviously when you visited the Giants, you had a great conversation. What made you so sure? What made you feel comfortable that the Giants was the place that you're probably gonna end up?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just trusting my gut. My gut told many Giants. My parents wanted me to go there.
Speaker 1: Because they cold by that they could drive up. They catch the fellow anytime they want. Yeah, So I just wanted a good connection with them. They got to know me, I got to know them. It was a perfect fix. I'm a New York Giant. You're getting season tickets for who you're all bobi day.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna miss a game for sure, I know them.
Speaker 1: Plus and plus when you Philly, they gonna see hey, and Washington is not that far away, so they gonna see you.
Speaker 2: Everything right at the time, but yeah, right there close unbelievable. When you was growing up, did you ever thank you a New York Giant?
Speaker 9: Fun fact, when I was twelve or thirteen years old, the dream I got drafted up by the Giants.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to believe. But actually had a dream. I got drafted here, So you didn't want to be in from Philly? Your dream want to play for the Eagles. Yeah, but they they had picked thirty two, they would have to trade up.
Speaker 1: Hey I'm doing saying hold your dad when I wouldn't try to be picked thirty two.
Speaker 2: I'm in New York, New York. Hey, the third pick in the draft. Hey, you got some up on mich Like, Hey, Broy, I ain't pay.
Speaker 1: I ain't want to brag or the glow of the boat, but you know you bought you almost And Lebar Lebarn went to.
Speaker 2: D he went too for sure. Three Yeah, and uh you know his needs war wore out on But Lamar was I was I illegue. Well, I was kind of telling of my career with Lebar.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one thing, what thing you wear that level? You can't put that level owner if you ain't no hell reason.
Speaker 2: His son got it now, so we got we're gonna see what he do.
Speaker 9: But all those gods that look out for me, he took me under they wing, and I'm real thankful for those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's unbelieved. That's unbelievable. And I'm so proud of y'all. Know your family is proud of you. That dual man face for coming we really appreciate because we know. Yeah, Fay think.
Speaker 2: Mhter, I'm talling the guys. Don't forget each of McDonald's. I mean, this is your door, man. I think.
Speaker 1: It'd be interesting to see what what what you know social media has to say about about your about your door falling. No, it'll be interesting if mill Rod go before him. Oh my god, if mill Road go before him. But it's but it's but it's but it's possible. Yes, it's possible. I mean it's it's not like it's it's out of the realm of possibility.
Speaker 3: This has been a collective effort media GM's owners, but a simple fact they allowed.
Speaker 2: So so is it Becau. That's his last name, Sanders. That's what you're saying. There's no other reason. There's no other reason. I just turned the film on. I want my quarterback confident, because if you don't have that, he can't play. I don't care what the skill set is.
Speaker 5: I gotta have confidence. You got to be you just have to believe.
Speaker 1: Look in pro sports, you have to believe you the badest more for out here and I'm here for a reason. Now, you got to be mentally strong and not allowed the outside noise to get to you.
Speaker 2: And that's hard, man, that's hard.
Speaker 1: But I think that And plus, you can't go press now with y'all. Yeah, I can't show you what I can't show y'all what y'all missed in one game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's look at let's look at his.
Speaker 1: Let's look at the history of those Let's just say he and Milroe, just to throw out two names. He's always been the guy. He's always been the guy. He's never been challenged. I'm not saying that's good or bad. I'm just saying he's never had to show you that I am who you think I am or want me to be, right, Jaylen Milroe was about to be a DV.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: If I take your Door and put him at Alabama, and I take Milroe and put him at Colorado, you think Alabama has a better record or a worse record with your door, I'm gonna say a worse record because your door doesn't run enough or run more. Okay, I think with Milroe's legs, and I think he throws it accurately enough in college football to be for that team to be successful. If Nick Saban is still coaching, and no diss on coach to the board. But I just think that when you look at what Nick had him do, he was very good at what Jaylen Milroe is. I don't know if she doer could take an Alabama offense because he doesn't run enough, doesn't use it. College football is all about the legs, man, you got to you gotta use those legs. Melroy ain't running in Colorado with that offensive liabe, No, Melury would have been running. Yeah, he would have been running. He rung on complete seventy four percent of his throws. I know that he might not have ten touchdowns behind that office line.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I agree with that you'll have a file of yards rushing, though, or two thousand yards Russia.
Speaker 3: I kind of I kind of disagree a little bit with Obviously they're in Alabama. Just say if hypothetically, if the players is switched, there's no Travis Hunter in Alabama.
Speaker 2: But I think collectively as a group.
Speaker 1: Williams ain't bad though. No, no, no, but but but That's what I'm saying. Seeing that, you gotta look at how the conference is built.
Speaker 2: It is built.
Speaker 1: You say all the Georgia, you say all the d all the d lib with edge Russias. You gotta be able to.
Speaker 2: Move a quarterback Georgia, old miss.
Speaker 1: I mean you gotta be able to move in You gotta be able to move. If you look at all the quarterbacks in the SEC, they can throw.
Speaker 4: Even if he can't do it with his legs. He's a better throw of the ball than the row is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but we're gonna attack that weakness. See that.
Speaker 1: See when you're a dual threat, it's hard to attack a weakness because we don't know which one it is. But if you can't run, you're gonna be standing back there. Oh yeah, we're getting to that. Our conference is built on getting to that, right. Got just a interesting situation though, If you had to put some money, what do you think you're doing them? Now, here's the thing I'm going with the rams. I'm staying. The shock is gonna be if he slides out of the second round. We already we surprised that he slid out of the first round. We would be shocked.
Speaker 2: I gassed.
Speaker 4: But if he slide again, I wouldn't even know have to say.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know what to say.
Speaker 5: The volume