Speaker 1: My friend gave me. I went to a dinner with my friend yesterday and gave me. He was like he had me in my box. He just gave me a knife. I'm gonna try to do it on zoom said would you go to dinner with Robert Evans?
Speaker 2: I wish.
Speaker 3: You go to dinner. Do you know you're getting a gift or you get to dinner and no?
Speaker 1: No, you like in a handshake, this is well the box was like too big and too nice. I will say this is this is I think maybe it's a thing that's just happening broadly. But my friend of mine has become sort of like survivalist guy, but like kind of like I would just say maybe like like new to the game a bit. So he's buying a lot of ship and consequently handing out a lot of ship. But you know, like I don't think he's like camped a ton of times.
Speaker 3: Like I said, no, but like you know, you know what I bro. Step one is can you sleep outside a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go outside? Go outside before before you buy a knife. And he was thought of buying a gun. I was just like, I just think there's you know, you're you're jumping a step twenty Yeah, get get like a like three pairs of wool socks that you really like, right right, Yeah, it's funny, like just jumping steps like that like reminds me of people like who like get into a sport, like and they got all the best ship and they're like, oh, you played it, like no, that was my first game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like camera guys are like that. I feel like like if you start, if you start in photography a little bit when you have some more resources, spend a lot of time trying to out straight to the top for sure. Yeah, which like you to buy when it's like, honestly your phone is almost did that with my camera. Part of me was sure, baby, I already know what's good. Let me get into it. And then I look back of the trail of deserted hockey in my life. Yeah, and I go, let's start relatively normal. Yeah. You know what, most most of those green egg smokers are that I'm so sorry you're not spending eighteen hours making brisket. My my brother in law pointed this out because he got one by and the advice he was given was like, never buy a green Egg new because it is always at minimums. Yeah, two to three, within like one hundred yards of your house being sold.
Speaker 2: Just in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my Fabor just has has his green egg out, but he's fucking that shit up.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: He made some brisket, yeah delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but he's the.
Speaker 2: One over underused product. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the same thing, like what they say when you're a parent, It's like you don't even you barely need to buy ship baby shit because people go that stuff so quick before they spend a ton of money thinking their kid likes it, and then they're.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, bro, here's a brand new fucking whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure story. Baby shoes never used Like that might just be because the baby grew so fast. Yeah, it might not be tragic. It might just be a lesson of you know, baby shoes for sale.
Speaker 1: You know, tragedy is more. Baby shoe never.
Speaker 2: Used because really won I only got one on them.
Speaker 1: There's something something's up there. Yeah, so we at minimum a hurt baby? Is that a cold open? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four to twenty, episode five of I Got You.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a production of My Heart Radios podcast You Take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness through the day's news. We also have a weekly history version of the show dropping on Monday mornings. Look for icon in the title. We look at a different icon each time we've done for.
Speaker 3: A logo, it's for yeah, we got new logo, new logo, baby.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it looks different enough to you.
Speaker 3: We did a lot of internal taba and we hope it visually looked different.
Speaker 1: Familiars, Yep, yep. This is this one of those things where one of you guys is gonna like get bitter and release the style guide from the two hundred thousand dollars consultants that.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, we with the Pepsi people. Yeah, with the same people.
Speaker 3: They're like to goos like a mouth with blue lips, the Titanic and Jack in the Water God for school Boy c but oh blue Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, January ninth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, it's Friday. It's National Balloon Ascension Day. May we all just descend in the Great Balloon to the Beyond?
Speaker 2: Uh you've ever heard that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a picture of hot air balloons.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I'm having that balloon sension. Yeah, balloon ascensions very It's like it's not even like hot air.
Speaker 2: I feel like they kind of eat with the naming of that one. Usually it's just like National Beef Jerky Day.
Speaker 3: I mean, welcome to the national day calendar. It's a it just commemora.
Speaker 1: Oh, it commemorates the first balloon flight in seventeen ninety three. It's just sort of implied that like in three days it's going to be like National Balloon Decent Day, and then like National Balloon Tragedy Day is like a day after.
Speaker 2: I bet the national if there's a National Balloon Day where everybody goes ballooning, there's probably that day is probably also unofficially National Balloon Tragedy Day. Oh, that is unpredictable. That was a first draft on flight. We don't know where you're landing, we know where you're taking off.
Speaker 1: Hey, it happened in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Actually went over Yeah, it went over a prison apparently this French gild. It's also National Apricot Day shout out caught you by your name? Uh, and National Static Electricity Day shout out people who just want to make their head stand up with a balloon. I don't have hair, so do it on my behalf. So I made the early balloon flight.
Speaker 2: Is that like they didn't know that people could be alive above a certain height. Yeah, and so they like sent a sheep up for like some animal up and then brought it down.
Speaker 3: They were like, it's still live, yes, oh, but it made it ship all over the thing.
Speaker 2: What the hell it like. They also had a theory that you couldn't humans couldn't survive above thirty three miles per hour. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why. That's why the one ten is the way it is, right because they're just like, this is the top speed any human could ever go. Oh, that's two lanes with like forty suicide on ramps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it won't be a problem those you know, that's such a La thing. But Northeast La, where that fucking one ten turns into a fucking two lane horse highway, it's yeah, it's always so good wrenching when you see somebody trying to pull on and most people know well enough, they're like, bro, just get out of that first lane, man, because you don't know who the fuck's gonna try and get on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with their first day drive. Well, No, I was just on that highway this morning behind someone with Florida plates. Oh not. They riving, in my opinion, not driving safely, as in they were going too fast. But they were. Yeah, they were going like forty eight in that they don't know what that right wage. Yeah, it was not gonna be good for them.
Speaker 2: Mine, it's fine, everybody. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: It's Miles Gray, aka the Gray Gooner. Now, I I have been calling myself that before.
Speaker 1: The term of gooning. That is a reference to being an Arsenal Football club supporter.
Speaker 3: I am the Great Gooner, but on other web boards, I'm also the Gray Gooner. All that to say, it's good to be here. I'm the Lord of Lakashima sugun win no gun and it's Friday.
Speaker 2: So did Arsenal fans innovate in the world of gooning? Is that? How it? They are?
Speaker 3: They the course, the players they call the team the gunners, and then the supporters they call the gooners. It's just like there's a derivation of that, but it's now caused like a whole bunch of online comedy that's only very specific to like people who know.
Speaker 1: What gray do you see her to stand?
Speaker 3: So he's going, no, there's like this sketch I saw where guy's like got an arsenal fan or another guy's got to show.
Speaker 1: That says like gooner on it, and hey man, great match, and you guys like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, that was a great win today.
Speaker 1: He's like, huh, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, man, I'm just just a gooner.
Speaker 1: I'm just gooning. Bro. I forget. One of my friends as a lawyer, was telling me that something we've gotten to the point where somehow she had to take a deposition, and I don't remember anyway, somehow the phrase like no, that's for gooner's was entered into the public record.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, And do you know which one that was.
Speaker 1: Replica?
Speaker 3: I think maybe no? Oh, okay, then I think maybe different of the different persuasions.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I wonder what it was that was just for gooners. I don't remember now, I'm like, what do you mean? Because it was it was It was like a quote from something that may or may not have been relevant, but she was just like, now I had to get something I'd explain to some judge or something. Charge what it was. It was a statement. It was like part of a statement. Yeah, yeah, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Myles thrilled to be joined in our third seat. One of our very favorite guests, our legal gooning expert, as well as a hilarious and brilliant producer and writer of TV. You know him from the ys This Racist podcast and the New Starter Trek podcast. It's Andrew too.
Speaker 1: And I didn't think of doing anything that sound. I thought it would be funny to put my fucking Thearra gun on my chest and talk.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, someone just start up like a way.
Speaker 1: But it's your temple bro hard reset, ye, give it a hard reset.
Speaker 2: I got my hard reset in during the countdown for New Year's like three two one. Then I just had a hard reset.
Speaker 1: I don't remember guns. Yeah, yeah, Temple. It's a it's an at home neuralizer from minute. But they got to sync up at some point, right if you got to just that that that tiny brief window.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, going back and that also sounds like some dumb ass ship were like, if you can get like resonated a certain brain frequency, dude, you can get this.
Speaker 1: They're going to like actually.
Speaker 3: Develop your like, uh, you know, telekinetics.
Speaker 2: We should get that. Trending on men's rights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, put a Jack Hammard to your fucking dome so you can move your way.
Speaker 1: This thing, this thing, I will just say whatever this was. This was also I forgot which I had give. This was my underrated. It turns out I do like massage things. I'm just gonna skip my head. I listen, we're doing my underrated.
Speaker 2: Turns out like massage.
Speaker 1: You guys, you guys have shipped to do you guys have ship? What do you need to talk about the show? Yeah? What's coming up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're going to get to know you a little bit better and find out your position on massage things. A couple of things we're talking about today. We're going to talk about the continued fallout of the murder of a woman in Minnesota by a nice agent. Was not run over, but yeah, I was standing to the side and firing in as a drift pas and the Trump administration seems to be using this as as an opportunity to consolidate power. I think they're hoping it can make it so they don't have elections in this year. Yeah, so we'll talk about that. We'll talk about you know, we're still waiting on the release of the Phil Epstein files, but Wired has now released the RFK Heidi Bear Files where where he scattered the dead bear and hit it in Central Park and there's there's some holes in that story.
Speaker 3: Wait, so what do you mean like this is from the actual investigator investigation.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jesus, Chris.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that, and we'll talk about the new Robin Hood movie that was just announced that was just at first it just seems like it's a logan, but Robin Hood it's like Hugh Jackman elderly version of Robin Hood looking back and also still pull pulled back in for one last job. But it's a one last job. Kind it's a one last job. But it also seems like it's like, I don't know, Robin Hood seems like a bad guy. He's stealing from the rich. We don't know that in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the most important. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all of that plenty more. But first, Andrew, we do like to ask our guests, what is something that you think about massage technology that is real? Who you are?
Speaker 1: This is uh No, my sister gave me a fair gun for Christmas? Hell yeah or whatever? I mean, I don't celebrate Christmas. Have I been on the show since I visited? Maybe basically we didn't, but we basically kind of decide my family, we're not actually like Christian or anything. We don't need specifically to celebrate Christmas, but like that I have a young nephew and blah blah blah. Anyway, I want to visit them in like early December. And we just told the kid it was Christmas because yeah, he's like to just three. Oh he doesn't knows, he doesn't really know. Yeah yeah yeah, so like who cares you can put out a tree in fucking February and yeah yea yeah yeah anyway, and.
Speaker 2: I get to complain, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a tair gun. I've traditionally thought they were kind of stupid, but I hurt my back basically two days ago, and it genuinely has helped number one, It has helped number two. I think they should be illegal this and like blind shooters, I think it should be illegal to have one of these safety It's.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm glad that when I need one, I'm glad I have them available to me. Yeah. Also they should go in the category of things that should be illegal along.
Speaker 1: I would happily if like I like having one, but I would happily also think that I should be like permitted for this, Like there should just be some bureaucracy presenting preventing anyone with however many dollars it takes to buy one of these from just having one, because.
Speaker 2: They beat the ship out of you.
Speaker 1: You could hurt so you it's so evident to.
Speaker 2: Do a hard reset. They're helpful in that respect. That is hard reset guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I just we need I mean, I know it's like like we're in the wrong time to ask for the nanny state, but come on, this is not this is not.
Speaker 2: One man should have all that power.
Speaker 1: No any of this. But also limescooters or bird scooters or whatever there you should be forced to wear a helmet on those things. It should is crazy, I think said show it's crazy. I know I'm fucking old, but come on. Yeah, I'm trying to protect you see.
Speaker 2: So many people using those, using those I responsibly, like with a like three year old up front.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I saw do with a young kid at the front and one in the back.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was like, y, I cannot do this in LA I know I'm an old man's gold, but my tales of like what the fuck is wrong with gen Z possibly gen Alpha? In Echo Park, it's just routine that it's three three children on a Lime screaker.
Speaker 2: That's sort of like you ever put that out there and expect people not to use it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Wait, so useful?
Speaker 1: Was that an adult? No? That was three kids on a Lime screen? Literally's three kids on a Lime scooter. I am picturing them stacked on each other's shoulders. Here's a much worse thing that is only going to end in tragedy, but just underscoring the need for human intervention from time to time. Do you know that fucking way moos don't have any mechanism for checking or preventing how many human beings are in the trunk?
Speaker 2: Oh real trunk?
Speaker 1: Interesting because uh, you know my girlfriend and saw a pull out in front of her the other day. A way more parked, you know, like two.
Speaker 2: Three comes out.
Speaker 1: Three kids got out of the passenger, and then the trunk opened and literally five kids got out.
Speaker 2: So are you are you paying on a per I've actually never used a way mount, but are you paying on a per passenger basis?
Speaker 1: I assume it's a per it's probably per ride basis per ride?
Speaker 2: Why are they hiding in the trunk?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: It's just like, look, bro, for the ten dollars ride. If fifteen of us pitch in, yeah, it's okay, Yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: A young kids. They created a bus, they created a less safe bus. This is this is the that was the triagle shirtwaist bus is what is what? Which will bring the new dawn of progressivism in? Yeah? Which is what? Which is what Silicon Valley seems to have created. Yeah, so yeah, apparently that's you know, and and not that like fucking like lift and ubers are great either better, but like at least they have a human being in the front that goes, no, you can't do that, because my jail if you cram you know, six eight kids in the trunk, So it's your search history.
Speaker 2: At least the way I won't have back there like an open bowl of gasoline. I feel like that happened to me. There was just a it was like gas but it was like in a thing without a top on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, just like reasonable permitting for professionalism is like a thing that makes society run better.
Speaker 3: And yeah, this is America, so you know tech is gonna tech has to break a few eggs.
Speaker 1: Kill people before we learned that lesson. Yeah, I just the hearing about these kids, like basically in real time, because she sort of called me as it happened. It was like, You're not gonna believe what is happening in front of me right now.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel like, yeah, like such a but also but I'd be like, hey, I get it, trust me. I would have been right in there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the other side of this lookout.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, I guess that's that's simply on simply on the of.
Speaker 2: Our of our of our sitcom, of our band.
Speaker 1: Coming from ball simply in the aftermath of the fires.
Speaker 2: Someone was saying that way, mos will sometimes get stuck like that if somebody like doesn't close the door, they being stuck there, and then at a certain point they'll start going help help help, like that the way that like a kitten's cry is like designed sounds like a baby crying like sounds like attacked, like.
Speaker 1: Like the way a predator will mimic the sound of sound. Yeah, exactly good, Like producer Victor says, haven't they driven through crime scenes and ship probably? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they definitely have.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, sometimes they just get britted if like there's something going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I know that people in San Francisco, we're putting just if you put a traffic cone on the hood, on.
Speaker 2: Top of the camera, on top of the little like spinny thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just even directly on the hood in front of right, because because they they probably prioritize an orange triangle like that.
Speaker 1: So if they see what it makes them have to do something makes them and start shooting things. Andrew anything from your search history is this is this sort of a search history underrated overrated milange we kind of. I mean, I think listen, people either get anything else.
Speaker 2: You have to say up top.
Speaker 4: Here's search history was I just got a humid fire and I was writing humidifier and looking for ways how you're supposed to clean a humidifier, either under or over.
Speaker 1: Whichever is the opposite of the one I already did was I made a shipload of shrimp cocktail over the holiday season, and like, really doing shrimp cocktail is so insanely difficult. It involves like making like a d shelling shrimp. I made like a wine lemon shrimp stock herb broth, chilled that all the way down. Then you put the shrimp which you have been dry brining with salt and baking soda out, You poach that to exactly one hundred and fifty degrees, then you take that out, chill that immediately, served with some old bay. I made my own cocktail sauce too, from like a raw horse radish rout. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like cooking, but when you said dry brining with flour and salt, I was like, no.
Speaker 1: Breaking the other thing is so yeah. I got walked in on the kitchen individually temping shrimp one at a time with my with my probe thermometer, at which point I realized I had a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's also I've never had shrimp cocktail that tastes as good as what it sounds like. Yours tastes like my shrimp. The shrimp cocktail I've ever had just tastes like shrimp doesn't. Yeah, it doesn't seem like anything was here's the thing, prepare.
Speaker 1: It tasted good, but did it taste one thousand times the work good? And the answer, I'm afraid was probably no.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, it was overrated antil I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, overrated is overrated is underestimating from cocktail.
Speaker 2: Not preparating. But a good horse radish that just comes through. There's really nothing nothing like that experience when when the horse radish just blows through.
Speaker 1: Your blue my fucking I took the pop off the blunder and yeah, pepper straight myself. Literally, I grated.
Speaker 5: Some fresh horse radish for a thing I made over the holidays, and thatsh It was like cutting onions. I was yeah, damn, first time doing it, like buying, you know, shredding the root up myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the root can't tell if it was worth it. Anyways, very good. This sounds like we're trying to avoid the heavy news of the day. I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It was something more about humidifiers.
Speaker 1: What's that thing about the shrimp though?
Speaker 3: You put that in the earth ros dang dude, old Bay Like Okay.
Speaker 2: I will say humidifiers like turn on, you leave, like they're they're there to like help your you know, breathing health, health. And then they it's so easy for them, Like I've looked inside humidifiers and it's just like ship. It's just immediately the entire civilization has grown in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to clean that ship like every other day. Anyway. I used to silled water. That's been helping us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then it doesn't get what are we doing. Let's just get to the white already.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, and we're back. We're back, We're back.
Speaker 3: And the thing about making a great cocktail sauce in my opinion, Oh my god, guys, yeah, just the last week of news already.
Speaker 1: You're like, we're just going, yeah, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: We're just marauding around the country or the earth, plucking, yeah, plucking people out of their countries, disappearing them. We've just recently just pulled out of like sixty six major international treaties like from climate change to fucking everything. We are, so we are so clearly going down just down the path of further isolationism as we escalate things it's really wild.
Speaker 2: But like over selective isolationism, we will go to your country and yeah, out of there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, but don't ask me to like play by your I guess that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Oh, you want to set the.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, you could play our game, but we're not playing yours the Hague yea oh god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like I mean again, like we talked about this yesterday in talking about the murder of Renannicole Good. The shooting took like this is every little bit I'm reading, like, oh yep, trying to dial the heat up a little bit more on the American population to get things to boil over, right, So we talked about how that shooting was blocks away from where George Floyd was murdered. Ice was intentionally there to agitate and provoke as after Trump used the scandal that was that there was fraud in Minnesota to really blow that open into a huge scene of healing for many years. But yeah, yeah, and be reported on for many years turn it into a very specific anti anti immigrant, anti black immigrant, you know, campaign against Somali's there. And uh, it's just so predictable because he's really going back to the place that started the twenty twenty uprisings in his first administration as a way to reignite protests that he will absolutely is just waiting to call a crisis that requires some kind of radical decision making aka declaring martial law. On top of that, there's this other piece that I think is also very He also announced that he's cutting off funding for childcare and food aid for a very specific set of blue states. That's California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, and New York. And these are programs that do everything from food assistance to helping people pay for food and other basic needs and just all just a wide array of social services.
Speaker 1: So the ice.
Speaker 3: Raids and white nationalists rhetoric, that's all getting louder and louder. The actions are becoming more brazen, and now he wants to like weaponize poverty against parents and children as a way to create another potential flashpoint for civil unrest. And it's just like Jesus Christ, like this is very yeah, Like it's so I don't know, it feels so obvious what he's trying to do. Because also part of this too, those states are like have very specific reasons why it's those these Colorado, California, Illinois, Minnesota, New York are not the only blue states clearly, but with California, he will always a hatred of this state and Gavin Newsom, so he's coming for California, Illinois, Jamie Pritzker Chicago, being able to sort of raise the specter of Chicago and the violence there.
Speaker 1: I get that. Minnesota, it's obvious. New York again another obvious thing, especially with his prosecutions there.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, wait, Colorado, the why is Colorado lumped in there? And then I was asking my friend who actually works in Colorado, like in the government that I was like, why are you guys getting targeted again? He's like, it's because of Tina Peters though, the election official from Mesa County who was put in jail for nine years for fucking with like election systems in twenty twenty on Trump's behalf and Trump basically gave pardoned her at the end of last year. But those are from federal crimes, and she's she's there on state charges and the state was like okay, and like, yeah, she's under here for violating state law. So that means really nothing, and that has created a retribution campaign against Colorad. So like all of this is like part retribution, part turning up the agitation and desperation on people to get it to do. You know, it's like he's poking this thing and he's like come on now, like flash over, flash over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I don't know enough about the strategy and politics as at the high level most so they don't care for any of the people in it. However, I mean there is like a limit to how much financial leverage he can leverage against fans California, Like California doesn't need his money as much as but.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a process for the people who are the bureaucrats in charge of making sure those funds get to where they could go. Because once that's big, it's turned off. Yeah, it's total chaos, yes, but yeah, but I know what you mean. It's like it's not sort of like yeah, like we're we give more than we receive.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so okay, if if California isn't part of the federal financial system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again that's those are part of like on his part next escalation you see, because you already saw Tim Walls put the city National Guard on like warning again because of like what's happening with Ice, Like you they're it's yeah, it's looking very very different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I guess all of a sudden, the state's rights motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Right, the speed with which the the ICE response to the protests that like just immediately, I mean it's been bad obviously, but it was just like they were they were ready. This was a this was a plan. They were like, oh, this is where you start just smoking people in the face with fucking you know, pepper spray and.
Speaker 1: Well and also, not to mention, a lot of people spotted bore Tac, which is like the border patrols, like you know, elite tactical unit there who were there already, Yeah, who are already there, and they're like, yeah, they're putting everything there because they're expecting, uh, some kind of confrontation that they can manipulate into being a justification for whatever is coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it's it does seem like it's coming. I don't again, like you know, I referenced the fact that like people who lived through Putin's rise have always been like this is how it happens. It's happening. You're going to look a year in the future, and be like, Wow, when we thought it couldn't get any worse a year ago, we were so so wrong. Like that was much that you know, it just keeps getting worse and worse, and I think the only thing saving us is you know, forms of resistance and community. And then also his incompetence, like the fact that the way he seems to be doing this is by putting the most incompetent people in positions of power and then having them, you know, fuck up and then being like, oh my god, you hit us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, let them assuming. I mean, it's sort of classical right wing shit where it's just like assuming assumptions are true, like and so thankfully most of the things they believe to be facts are not true. Again, doesn't mean they don't have power, doesn't mean they can't hurt people, but at least they're wrong about most shit. I mean, you know, like and yeah, yeah, so so that is like the biggest weakness, like, you know, on the other side is like not not that it's like not saying that this is guerrilla warfare or anything like that, but it is a thing where like one of the other parts of like America is that it is large enough that it is like hard to govern in that like force in that way. Like that is that is the whole proposition put forth by these fucking wild West people. So we'll test it, I suppose, or it's going to have to be in some some regards tested. But you know, this is the melt away, Like you have border tack there. That's an expensive place for them to be and if they have nothing to do, they just wasted a bunch of money. Admittedly it's our money, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly, you just wasted a bunch of mine money to go to a finite amount of it.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, with that new budget, it'll keep flowing.
Speaker 3: But I mean, okay a large but yeah, you know, like their resources are wastable, and so can.
Speaker 2: These states just be like, well, you don't get tax revenue from us? Now?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, but that's that's the constitutional crisis we're headed towards, because at every turn, this administration is doing every imaginably unconstitutional thing they can.
Speaker 1: And it's like, okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: Because there is there, you'd think, in the logic of human nature that there will be an escalation to respond to this. And it's not just going to be like and they all rolled over, which unfortunately expods.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: But now I mean, like because I even think of like rhetorically right, like everything they're saying now about Renannicle Good is like JD. Vans just said, like, well, you know that that ICE agent deserves gratitude for what he did. Like they're they are they are getting more in like inflammatory and outrageous, like.
Speaker 2: Because they were poking people. They're poking everyone in the chest.
Speaker 1: But they're also doing it in like the most obvious like like I mean, because the reality is it's like like it's not tactically sound to like engage in gunfire with Ice, like like like we're we're not whatever thing that you think of as resistance. I think we can all agree that tactically like fighting with small.
Speaker 3: Fighting with aren't Yeah, yeah, with the militarized police is that's it's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be the answer. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now that apparently the name of this agent is out Jonathan David Ross, a lot of people are like very quickly kind of put it together because first there was like a thing that like leaked where this guy's been involved with some violent ship already before, which shouldn't be a surprise. It's seldom a surprise when any law enforcing person does shit like this. There's usually a pattern there. But yeah, I mean I think now because we're like at this phase, the rhetoric is like with JD. Vance being like, well this person is it deserves gratitude, and people are going to start being like the you know, Derek Chauvin is actually one of the greats Kylo Rittenhouse is a savior type thing.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. It's right because they think have been poisoned by like media. They think that Rambo is real, they think John Wick is real. And here's the thing. That guy's just a violent loser, just like cal Riton has a perfect example. Right, Oh, you can lionize them all he wants. He's not cool, good, competent and smart, like like they think their heroes are. I don't know, they're like from movies, I guess, and the like. The reality is like so far from that and they just can't admit it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when I look at it too, this entire administration is made up of entitled dudes who have never been smacked in the mouth before for the for their behavior, you know what I mean, Like their behavior is always like what are they gonna do about it? It's sort of like and they've no one's ever checked them in their life and and that's what I'm sure their whiteness and socioeconomic status has afforded them that kind of experience through life that's pretty frictionless for you to do whatever you think is right for you.
Speaker 1: But like just in like.
Speaker 3: How brazen, like Katie Miller is to post like a picture of Greenland with like an American flag like laid over it, and like it's eventually gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And Steven Miller is like, who would dare? Test the United States militaristically? It's like, bro, look at you. Well, you're like you're also in the wrong end of empire for this, Like it's not nineteen fifty two or whatever. It didn't work that well. Yeah, it's like yeah, you know what I mean, Like the China would easily dare.
Speaker 3: It's all it's all built on this sort of like yeah, like everyone is sort of in this same world too, where they've they've lived consequence free and it's now really spilling over into like the world door to We're like even a George H. W. Bush was like you gotta be a little technical, you see like that that's like an old world way of looking at it. But now you have these like entitled freaks have just pulled up and you're like, it's now the gimme that doctrine, right, and yeah.
Speaker 2: They stop stopped trying to put a sheene on it where people can tell themselves we're the good guys. They've just stopped. They're not.
Speaker 1: It's not that they're not powerful, but just remember everyone, they're not smart. They're just not smart.
Speaker 2: They're bad at this, but they're going their intentions are like always worse than anyone is, at least in the mainstream is giving them credit for.
Speaker 1: Sorry, right, when I say we're smarter than them, I don't mean, for instance, like democratic leadership, normal people. No, you mean us send the listeners. Yeah, well I mean truly though it's like because it's not like the democratic leadership are dumb people. So it is one of those things where I was like, oh, how could this happen? And I do think some of us maybe it's from people listening, but probably fewer and fewer people listening than before. You need to stop giving these people credit for what they say. They're trying to do ru. Yeah. The other way to look at it that makes much more sense is that this is all happening because this is all fine with them. And yeah, and.
Speaker 3: I was saying yesterday, these people are just ideologically not built for this moment at all. They were built for like the the heyday of you know, like Reaganomics and all of this and being like, well, yeah, we're doing break but in terms of like sort of principles, I mean, I don't even know when the last time you really had people in the office that were like that, because the whole thing about entering Congress is about just power and yea necessarily like representing people.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. It's like, like I think I would argue they are built for this moment and they're doing a great job. You just don't know what their goals are or you don't want to do it. Their goals are not the same goals that we thought we want them to be.
Speaker 3: Because like even right now, right you have Senator Chris Murphy who is proposing like huge reform to DHS and ICE and all this other stuff. But like even that, I'm like, that's a thing that has to get through the Senate, the house and get through a press get and doesn't get vetoed. Yeah, right, like and so I get talking about I get the the act of doing that and putting that on paper legally, but on some level it's like we have to get out of this abstract a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's necessary but not sufficient, and they think it's sufficient is or sorry, right.
Speaker 2: We're doing everything we can.
Speaker 1: Charitable version of interpreting their actions is that they believe this is sufficient. Again. The other way is like the spand aid worked for fucking fifty years put it on. Yeah, yeah, we're just keeping power dry. Yeah, like burning your powder. He just lit your powder on fire, just floated all over you. Yeah, yeah, you don't have any powder left. It's I mean that was that was my criticism of of and Or to me the most, like fucking I think I may be said a version of this, but I do want to say it again on this show, which is that like the most fantastical part of the show and Or is that like a wealthy white senator would consider throwing right like fantasy, that's your fantasy. All the other part you can kind of say, who knows it.
Speaker 2: Needed to set it in a galaxy far far away for it to be remotely believable. Yeah, yeah, like Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I think I might have deleted this tweet at this point, but it's like the real life version of mon Mathma is someone who's doing this because she owns more stock in the company that makes X Wing than she does in the company that makes High Fighter.
Speaker 2: Like that's the only reason why, the.
Speaker 3: Only reason she do that may inspire somebody who needed that whimsical example to become a class trader.
Speaker 1: You never know, Andrew need.
Speaker 2: Some class traders we need to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Well, I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Maybe the final episode of Stranger Things when that comes out, will help.
Speaker 2: It's going to lead the way forward.
Speaker 3: The people are fucking I'm worried about them.
Speaker 2: It's such a good point about just like the shallow pool of dipshits that they're pulling from, like with the Kyle Rittenhouse, and now you've got like Erica kirk As like supposed supposedly this like spiritual leader of the future, and just like look at interviews with her, or like you look at that Oklahoma student who like got her TA suspended for just writing a thing on gender roles, those like I think you are wrong and heretofore also I will say the Bible says that you are wrong. And like they printed that shit like in on Turning Point, like they printed like it should have been like a reveal by a mainstream account of like look at how dumb this shit is, but they printed it like they just they don't there. They really don't respect the intelligence of the general public. They will just tell you you're not seeing what you're seeing. They will tell you like this person is smart and charismatic. They will tell you that this essay makes sense, it is good and does not deserve it.
Speaker 1: And it's fully like poned academia with that take.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they have power and they are winning, but they're not smarter good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's funny too because you look at just the varying levels of out of touch, like like it's like Republicans are wealthy and only talk to mostly white Christian people, so they have like their version of reality that they put.
Speaker 1: On there, like Erica kirk Man, that's the goat. People gonna follow that. You know, us, we get this person. Everyone else like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck are they talking about, and then Democrats have the same version where they're like, but we also talk to like people of color and gay people, but we all also out of touch in our own unique way. So where that it's it, it just doesn't connect in the in the in the ways that that matter. But again, uh, there's a lot of time, there's a lot of time to see what happens here, and I'm sure as like every time I refresh like a newsfeed, I'm like transforming what's going on, what's going Uh, it's just it's just more awful, just vitriol coming out of the right wing to try and justify what's happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, I can't wait until they just going back to the shitty their shitty bench, because they really just have like Trump having those weird religious connection with poor people in this country and then obviously not religious, but you know, yeah cynical connection with cynical connection with the rich people in this country, where it's just like, yeah, he just does whatever the fuck we tell them to. But like when when they when when that ends for whatever reason, and they're trying to pass that on to JD. Van's I can't I can't wait on junior to watch everybody whose body reject these motherfuckers like yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I mean to say, committed they are to the bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and the story so so wired got the the files on that RFK Junior dead bear investigation, and it did but like it's kind of we we know all the beats. He scavenged the dead bear from the side of the road to eat it, then went out with friends before remembering he had to catch a flight.
Speaker 1: He was going to eat that again.
Speaker 2: He was planning to take it to his big meat freezer at his house. He's like, he came, he drove up upon somebody who had just hit a one year old baby bear and was like, I don't know what to do. And he was like, wait, you're not gonna You're gonna waste all that bear meat through to the back of his car, drove into a dinner that he was having in Manhattan, right, yes, yeah, yeah, and then was planning to take it back to his house and then realized that he had a flight to catch and didn't have time to drop it off at his house and so then went to this is the part that has always like stuck in my brain and I hadn't really put it together until this Wired article was like, wait, this doesn't make any fucking stuff. Then drove out of his way to Central Park and like staged a weird like bike accident that had killed the bear in Central Park before then driving to this flight that he had to catch. And this Wired article is like looking at all the locations like he would have he would have had time to just bring it to his house much more than he would have his way to fucking go to Central Park and like stage this thing, Like it doesn't none of it makes it. It's almost that it was like he thought the whole point was to stage this accident for what end. I have no idea other than he is just absolutely yeah, there is probably some level of like, yeah, maybe maybe this is not right.
Speaker 1: In fact, this is definitely not right, but like there's probably some level of rich person that just can't conceive of a green space in New York besides Central Park or like even kind of in the Tri state area. Maybe that's one of the woods. For all, he knew that that's all all the woods you got. But yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean or if like if you just zoom out right, like take what his account is he found it bear and then it ends up in Central Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was upstate, like on the side of a highway going into New York City.
Speaker 3: So it's like maybe he tried to eat it or something and then he realized like, ah shit, I can't do this, and then he's like, fuck it, let me ditch this thing in the park and then I'll make up this whole other story about how to go to you know what I mean, like is any of that relevant? More just like what do you what were you up to with this fucking band? Yeah, the wise as to how it ended up there, in my mind, you got the bear, something wasn't up to scruff, and you're like, fuck it, I'm gonna existing in the park.
Speaker 2: If he was driving to one of the this is from the Wired article. If if he was driving to one of the three airports closest to Peter Luger, that was a strame. Peter Luke he was like Peter Luger. That would be strange because there is no direct route to any of them that comes remotely close to West sixty ninth Street. Does this mean Kennedy drove twenty to forty minutes out of the way to drop off the bear, then completely changed directions to drive twenty to sixty five minutes to one of those airports. Alternately, gone to the Westchester County Airport W Barrow where he did in Central Park, would have added about forty five minutes to his trip.
Speaker 1: There's a real indictment or prospect Park, That's what I'm saying. He should park. Obviously Parks dropped it off at the park prior Parks Food co Op.
Speaker 2: The problem here is that Kennedy lived just fifteen minutes from this airport at the time, meaning it would have taken him less time for him to get to the airport if he had just brought the bearer to his home, which was allegedly his original plan.
Speaker 3: But like, that's what I'm saying, so we have to take that off the table. There was no key, there was no putting that in the freeze.
Speaker 2: It seems like something that would be in one of the pictures that they like reveal at the end of the Hangover, you know, where they're like, I don't know, and then and then here's us with a dead bear. That we hit and then like we set it up in central and he's supposedly like a sober person and he's the least sober seat mean person of all times. Everything he does seem some ship that.
Speaker 3: A person would do in a black app I mean, like, didn't his uncle got away with killing someone in a pretty uh, pretty sloppy way. So maybe he's like, I don't know, I put the bear in a bike near it. That's how we do it. Baby. The thing that like all this.
Speaker 1: Like logic does kind of not account for. They could also just be the dumb whims of a generationally rich person. I mean, yeah, that is consistent is him saying all these things and on some level quote unquote intending to do those but really just doing the thing that he wanted to do at the moment. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he got caught probably abusing a bear. Course I have no idea. That's what's so harrowing. It's like what even compels would be like heys and get that bear in the car and then you're like, fuck, bro, this isn't work.
Speaker 2: Like driving by somebody who had just hit a bear screeching on your brakes to be like say, I'm gonna eat that.
Speaker 1: How much does a one year old bear weigh a couple hundred pounds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was about a couple of hundred pounds, would be my guest.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to do.
Speaker 2: It is so hard to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that that's why it just seems like he's a I mean, my my guess would be something like the bear wasn't totally dead when it was put in the car. They did like whatever, horrible or just didn't you know, use and I mean a black I don't know of where a bear. Oh that's how much the bear was. Yeah, oh god, that's so horrible. Yeah. I think he's probably some sociopath ship where the bear wasn't totally dead. It was like crying in the trunk and like some shit like that, you know, I don't know, I get wait for me to get to sleep at night anyway.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That's that's the head of Health and Human Services. So yeah, but yeah, but that's that's the other side of it, right. It's like they're incompetent. They're like incompetent in ways that you maybe can't even imagine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like incomprehensibly incompetent, exactly, incomprehensible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like yeah rfk, he's like like a rich kid mark to me in my old college drug dealer like brain where I would I could put like the most at the time we call it schwag, but like dirt weed into a medical weed container and tell him as medical and charge him five times for it. He'd be like, that's so sick, bro, thank you, dog, thank you, And I'm like, exactly, if we'll get the fuck out of here, that's that's I think that's the way he's on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I think, But that's like that's so so going back to like the first story, which is just a really underline like they're not playing four D checks, they're playing one dimensional checkers. They're putting my bear. And yet do not like waste your time thinking like, oh, well they're doing this, so I just this. They're not thinking of that, Like, don't level yourself up to like playing an opponent who's smarter than you think you are, because this is this is like a poker thing. You will you will actually start to lose against people who are worse than you because you give them too much credit. Like be real about who you know you're dumb.
Speaker 3: Everyone is yet yeah, I mean example, way more predictive power than like you're like, oh, what what's their angle?
Speaker 1: Their their angle is the thing that they are doing.
Speaker 3: Their angle is go back to Minneapolis, because last time there was an uprisings like that across there was because of something that happened to people in Minneapolis and the rest of the world responded.
Speaker 1: And he's there's an insulting about the people in this block in Minneapolis, or is there dummies?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, we do love doing that though, making making bad guys smarter than they are. Yeah, I've always said we did that with Hitler, like Hillary is a FLA.
Speaker 1: Because because we feel bad that we are being beaten by fucking dummies, because we have been put into this idea that it is a meritocracy and you simply cannot achieve power without intelligence. And once you release that from your worldview, you start to realize, no, they're just bullied. They're lucky. But that's fine, lot.
Speaker 2: But somebody has to get that lucky. Like there is a lottery winner. It's not gonna be you, but there is a lottery winner, but it doesn't mean a lottery winner. And they're going to act like they fucking were playing forty chess every time in America. That's they will write everybody you will help them out of the book, out of you know, go look at the CEO biographies. They will write every person that helped them out of the book and like get a ghost right to make up a narrative where they are like some shrewd maverick that musk.
Speaker 1: One of them. Like two months into getting unfettered access to his thoughts, you see that not only is he not the smartest man alive, he is easily stupider than you by a significicking margin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like, but everything's computer. Wow, look at that.
Speaker 2: Everything is computer. And I look at him and I tell him to turn on. Hey, I come back six minutes later. I'm ready to go. He's got laptop on and he he's got.
Speaker 3: The thera gun out hard reset time to ascend, time to temple.
Speaker 1: Time to ascend.
Speaker 2: Y'all, this thing.
Speaker 1: Should again should not be legal. It should not. I love it. You're like, this thing shouldn't be legalized, just like wave it around. I've been holding it this whole time.
Speaker 3: You're such a little kid or red my kid, like a new gift and like, I love this thing forever.
Speaker 1: He's and you're holding a thera gun and a knife. It's so powerful, truly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, hey, dude, pick a knife on the thera gun.
Speaker 1: Take us all. Yeah, this is this is and now you've got a Turkey carver. You guys are hearing. Yeah, this is just read about me in the new I can't wait to see you with your hands bandaged up next time. Might see you.
Speaker 3: It's just some fucking weird knife there again, this was something else, dude. I was making a shrimp talk down.
Speaker 2: All right, uh so, and our final story. I was just saying the other day, you know what, we don't have enough of his movies about robin Hood. They've only had like three in the last five years. There's only like twenty five in development. There's a trailer for a new one that looks kind of cool in that it stars Hugh Jackman as an elder. It's basically Logan but Robin Hood. It's like elderly version of Robin Hood, laying low, old man like but more violent. He's just like so bris little and shit that he's gonna fucking kill everybody?
Speaker 1: Was it? Kevin Costner one kind of violent or is that one still pretty sanitized? I guess still Kevin is.
Speaker 2: Still pretty sanitized. And when they show that ass Austin as Wait, I remember being like, that's not a good ass.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, seeing how old Hugh Jackman looked like long gray hair and thinking that person is called Robin, feels like you too old. Yeah, Robin's a little baby boy with this rob like you should be Robert Robert. Yeah, yeah, that was like my whole thought was like that Robin is a child's name, was a young person.
Speaker 1: It's a young person's game.
Speaker 2: Who me, my name is Robin? My name Robby?
Speaker 1: I mean he should say Robin Hood long beat, stare right in the camera and just go get it. Yeah, of Locksley, you know what I'm saying. So they should do a naked gun Robin Hood. I guess I mean it was Yeah. No, they should do another one with.
Speaker 2: The last successful Robin Hood movie that was actually profitable is Robin Hood men in tights.
Speaker 1: They keep making that they are expensive, Well I do think, I mean, this one at least has taken the no that look. Game of Thrones exists, so you can't really do some ship with swords and bows and arrows. That isn't insane at this point, like because otherwise it's so sanitized. That's part of the problem to me with like, you know, doing more Lord of the Rings. It's not that it inherently doesn't work, it's just that the audience is a little past it. I think.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, because that like that that opened the door for everything else.
Speaker 1: You like, yeah, you need to see like fucking like gruesome throats being eyeballs cut out, and Lord.
Speaker 3: Of the Rings was like the weed of fantasy books and we just went deeper and now everyone's just like doing Black Tar.
Speaker 1: Heroin fans, it's a little like, oh that's cute, like the dragons, fuck the Wizard or oh no, no, oh, then what the fuck I mean?
Speaker 2: Kind of so I will say there's there is some controversy about this one. I think it's still too early to tell how exactly they're going to handle it. But the trailer is like, oh, you thought we were good guys, Robin Hood Doug, we were. The stuff I've done is fucked up.
Speaker 1: You want me to make.
Speaker 3: You a boo and arrow?
Speaker 2: No, if he's still if that's all him being like, we were fucked up. Yeah, we stole from the rich and gave to the poor, but we were fucked up. Like that still works. If he's like, we're fucked up and economically we shouldn't have been doing what we were, that would learn that would be a real bummer.
Speaker 1: But they were taking from the providers, from the job creators. It's actually's the lower class more than if.
Speaker 2: They're like, we were in the middle of like a wild class warfare and I'm not proud of some of the ship I did, but I did it, Like, I'm okay with that. That's cool. If he's like, no, good, no blain, I mean probably.
Speaker 1: It's some version of like, no, it's like Pablo Escobar, like give to the poor was a tactic like everything else. Yeah, it's actually.
Speaker 2: I could even FuG with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: A lots of people, a lot of people are like Robin Hood was evil. Taking from the rich and giving to the poor is kind of a weird message during the second trumpet.
Speaker 1: I think that is hopefully just part of the vedo. Listen, all I'm saying is, you know, I love Jody Comer as an actor, but what if she were a photo realistic, live action, incredibly sexy Fox. Now, this is just throwing that out there. This is something to think about in terms of the live Disney reboots. Yeah, don't let them hear about it. Don't let Bob hear about that. The animal Robin hood is the one that needs to get done.
Speaker 2: That is that plays a very significant role in a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and that like I'm just saying Jen Alfa deserves to have their version of the same feeling.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, yeah, they're they're having their first experience with being let down by a TV show. I feel like there's a whole generation of people right now the Stranger Things and all the conspiracy theories, where like a lot of like people slightly are like, oh, yeah, this is a thing that happens. You get a real attached to a show for many years and then they leave you in the lurch. Yeah narratively, So yeah, maybe they do need their fucks sexy Fox.
Speaker 2: Like they're like, there's actually gonna be a new episode that fixes all this shit, whereas the Lost People just had to be like it was actually good. And here's four hundred and fifty page dissertation.
Speaker 3: That's a different version of denial, where it's like one version it's you're in denial about the L by justifying how bad it was, and the other version of not taking the L is by saying no, there's gonna be another one that actually like addresses all this.
Speaker 1: This is listen, this is the perfect time for some enterprising tech pro to truly throw a temper tantrum and just show us what show us what I could really do, guys, right, Sody.
Speaker 2: Johnson from some More News like had had this interpretation of lost now that I don't remember at all now, but I was like, that is so much better than if they did, Like if they had done that would have been great. That is not what they did though, that was not what was up on the screen, but like that's fucking cool, Like they should have just had you make it.
Speaker 3: What's like the best version of this Robin Hood thing, Like it's probably where it's like it's a little more complex than I was, just like some dude who was like being like, yeah, man, I just gave it all the way to more like yeah it was, I'm a scumbag, but like I also I was in touch with like the struggles of people, So.
Speaker 1: I did like let him in.
Speaker 3: Also, did I murder a few too many people? In the.
Speaker 1: Did I get carried away? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I feel like it said there was a cost and and he'll you know some version of like, oh you know, was it even worth it? I don't know. I have so much I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's like a thing where the poster taglines like he was no hero, and I feel like that's some Robin Hood asked ship to say about what you did your own ship?
Speaker 1: He Robin, I want sweet tea?
Speaker 3: Yeah you know how many melons I split? He sculls up pop bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, the sound of an arrow, It would also arrow go you know me?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, Robin Hood's coming with his merry band to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah in this movie. In this movie, Robin Hood does invent dance Hall, which is like, really weird. It's a really weird.
Speaker 2: Is that part I wasn't crazy about? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, they're like I hear them galloping, I hear them coming.
Speaker 2: Andrew T such a pleasure having you as always on the daily's like where can people find you? Follow you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the andrew T social media doing a premium podcast on dot com called starter Track. Really enjoying it. I don't even remember what episode we're listening to. You next was something weird and yeah, yeah media. I started watching Bad Sisters on TV. I really like it. It's old. What's it about some bad some bad nuns. No, it's just it's some bad sisters. I remember that there was Sharon Sharon Horgan and her sisters killed a horrible man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's blessed. But then in the second season you find out that they're no heroes.
Speaker 1: There no hero I was god, that was a bad man.
Speaker 2: There's lost ups. That guy was actually right to be mean. Dus miles. Where can people find you their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, you can find me everywhere, Miles of Gray. You can catch me on four twenty Day Fiance talking about ninety day Fiance, and you could also catch me talking about English footy European soccer as it is as it were on Ain't a Footy with.
Speaker 1: Jamel Johnson and Chris Martin.
Speaker 3: It's a new show, so please check it out to give it a like in a s scrizzle real quick.
Speaker 2: You guys need to do uh.
Speaker 1: I know it's you're concentrating on European I assume. But one that Angel City season starts, you guys got to have a Yeah. I mean we may look, we'll go wherever, We'll go wherever. But on we're all Arsenal fans, so it's you know, we'd like to right now.
Speaker 3: Fair, fair, fair, But yeah, it's it's it's all happening because work.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: But look, we've we haven't won since I was in I graduated high school and I've been watching since then. It's a long road, baby, but I'm just selling you that's the thing that I think why so many Arsenal fans are so activated, because we look so good and if we can do it, it's going to be like a mass Catharsis event.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you're all you've all been holding it in for so long, but you're all collectively just getting ready to release you Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then a work in media like there. I posted this thing on my Instagram stories and it's funny because the people's reception of it was so mixed and I have to just play it for the both of you.
Speaker 1: It was this clip. It says me pooping in the shower and throwing it over into the toilet and it's okay, it's stupid. It's stupid.
Speaker 3: Some look, I love y'all, I'm not shitting in the shower. And someone was like, why would you do that?
Speaker 6: The idea it's this stupid imagery and that was from s R. A Como Como Floyd s R A c O M A L F O Y.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I will say this, this is so gross, but this really happened. And this is one of my earliest memories as being in I believe whatever zoo is in San Francisco with my family and we were young enough that my sister was still in a stroller, and I remember we have a stroller because an orangutan just fully ship his hand and hook shot at it and just switched right right in the stroller. Yeah, it was. It was incredible.
Speaker 3: It was you're how how old are you at the time?
Speaker 1: I mean, how what's the oldest a kid can mean? A stroller? Guys? You guys need tour depends to watch probably six six seven somewhere in there. I was six seven six.
Speaker 2: I was, man, you are in touch with the youth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, but it was it was genuinely like because my mom narrated like the whole thing, as in, oh well, this couldn't possibly happen. It just like it all happened. Swish. Yeah. Anyway, gross work.
Speaker 2: Media I've been enjoying is from Cesari Jen Strouswick. How I was always pronouncing that in my head. He is a writer from back in the cracked days, and he wrote on Blue Sky I'm playing two chess grandmasters by mail, one as white, the other as black. I just send them each other's moves. They both think I'm a genius. Both invite me to their homes to make love to their wives since they watch from the closet. That's when I secretly charge all my electronics free electricity.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: He's at Ostrich on Blue Sky. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Obrien on Blue Sky at Jack ob the Number one. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the foot nope nope, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, we also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just some fun. This feels very like. This mashup feels very twenty sixteen, and it is.
Speaker 3: It's a mashup of Playboy Cardi's Magnolia and the.
Speaker 1: Cult song for Now, Forever, Forever and Ever.
Speaker 3: It's it called noun forever anyway. It's just searching Magnolia x cults on SoundCloud.
Speaker 1: It's by von z World. Although a lot of.
Speaker 3: People have done this mashup because it's not that complex, but it's fantastic and it's just like a nice, nice, sort of like just rocky kind of the over the very very iconic Magnolia. Right, hello, and it's great. So Magnolia what ex coult sweat?
Speaker 2: What what? What? Y? All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: We'll also they go off to that in the footnotes. Daily Ze is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this week. We are back on Monday with our next Icons episode. And then a little bit later in the day to tell you what was trending over the weekend, and we will talk to you all then, Bye bye.
Speaker 6: The daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by by Wang.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 3: Co written by J M mcnapp, Edited and engineered by Justin Connor.