Speaker 1: Don't listening to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: And away we go on a Thursday morning. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's Lebar Arrington, I'm Jonas Knox. We are two Pros and a Cup of Joe. Normally you can hear us before the Dan Patrick Show Monday through Friday six am Eastern time, three am Pacific, alongside Brady Quinn. Brady Quinn is not with us today, so when Lebar and I just work, the two of us, I'm black and I look like Dracula. So we are called black and drack. So you are getting a.
Speaker 3: Black track, a black and hey it is what it is man, All right?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I carried away there. I don't even know what that voice was, honest, that's all good.
Speaker 3: But I'm back. Is Black and Drag, Black and Drag. It is Black and Drag. Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: This Black and.
Speaker 2: Drag edition of the show is to take you all the way up until newon Eastern time, nine am Pacific. You can listen on the iHeartRadio app. You can find us on hundreds of affiliates all across the country. You can watch live on YouTube as well. Just go to Two Pros FSR on YouTube. You can watch the simulcast of this show as we are going to play some grab ass here for the next three hours, filling in for Dan and.
Speaker 3: The guys, and we hope you player loan. Yeah, why not you grab some masks too.
Speaker 2: Okay, It's like that David Copperfield bit where he just we touched the screen, you remember, and like the magic trip happens back in the day.
Speaker 4: What a scam that was.
Speaker 2: I don't want to make reckless allegations here to start the show, but it just it just seemed a little far fetch that you could touch a screen and he knew exactly what you were going.
Speaker 4: To touch the TV. It's weird. That was pretty cool though.
Speaker 3: It's great, you know, even when he was in that like you know, that coffin and it was full of water or whatever and he was up in there.
Speaker 4: Like how did he get out of there? I don't know. I still don't know. I should know.
Speaker 2: I'm Dracula, I shouldn't know. You should brow. That being said, the NFL off season is off and running, okay, And the NFL off season is filled with rumors, It's filled with reports. It's my favorite time of the year because after the dust settles and the draft is finished and free agency is over and we're getting ready for training camp. I love to go back and look at see it, all the garbage everybody took in. We're all the deloreon on back to the future. They feed us garbage and we just go like you just shove whatever crap you can inside the gas gauge and we are off and running. And we are off and running. With another wild bit of speculation when it comes to the NFL. Max Crosby, superstar for the Las Vegas Raiders. He was talking on his podcast, The Rush Podcast with Caleb Williams, and they were just you know, giving each other love for about an hour, like to you know, waxing poetically about their matchup and how how great it was and now the potential and all these things that came along with it. And Max Crosby had this to say to Caleb Williams at the conclusion of the podcast, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: Just to be open and honest, bro, Like we talked about it earlier, but respect at at a different level. Bro, You're one of those guys for sure, and you're just getting started.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't even know you understand yet how good you can be. And that's the scariest part, you know what I mean. Just keep that mindset, keep doing what you're doing. You know we're locked in, you know, forever, So keep doing anything bro me me at any time.
Speaker 4: It goes vice versa.
Speaker 2: Now, that just sounded to me like a couple of NFL players with mutual respect who are on a podcast just saying nice things about each other.
Speaker 4: They didn't have to go that deep with it, though.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I thought that was pretty cool that he gave Caleb his propers like that on the podcast. I mean, sometimes guys are very absorbed, little arrogant, nah, yeah, a little out of touch with reality and how they see things. I thought that was really that was It sounded and seemed like a genuine moment. And I've only had those things to say about people that I've played against or I've watched play that I really like. I like their game, I like something about how they are as a person, whatever it may be. There had to be something connected to that person that made me feel such a way to be compelled to feel those types of things that Crosby said. And for what it's worth, he wasn't lying, Like, Kaylab Williams probably doesn't even know how good he can be, and he is just getting started and he can be a generational talent. And I want to play for the Bears with you. Man, come on, bring me on in, get me up and get me a Okay, let's let's let's let's let's cut through the Shenanigans. Let's cut through all of it, and and like, can you get me to Chicago, bro, Like, come on, man, wind you city, Max Crosby, Kayla.
Speaker 4: Williams, let's go. All right.
Speaker 2: So this is this is the problem I've got with all this because I get it, Max Crosby and Jay Glazer's reported on this. He's not thrilled with with what has happened in Vegas. And let's be exactly why would he be. I mean, it's been it's been a little bit of a circus tent there and not the good kind, and there's been all sorts of stuff that's gone on. Whatever plan they've had, it hasn't worked. It's just been a little bit of a disaster. And so he's frustrated. He wanted to continue to play. They shut him down. He felt like they were tanking. You know, they're trying to get the number one pick. All of that is fair. But the problem I have with people assuming that, hey, he's being really nice to a guy on his podcast, so that must mean that that guy's going to end up with the Bears is the fact that the Raiders hold his rights. And Adam Schefter reported that the Raiders are gonna be asking for something similar to Micah Parsons, you know, two number ones and a position player, a marquee player to go along with it for any trade with Max Crosby, and they don't want.
Speaker 4: To trade him.
Speaker 2: So just because Caleb Williams is on a team that could use some pass rush help, because that was one of the Bears issues is they couldn't get to the quarterback. So just because he's on a podcast and the guy's being nice to him, doesn't all of a sudden mean the Raiders are going to be like, hey, you know what, upon further review, he was so nice to you, and you guys get along so great, and he doesn't have a problem with the fact that you paint your nails. So what we're gonna do is we're gonna take less of a deal and we're gonna trade you to Chicago to make you happy. The Raiders are gonna be like, no, man, kiss my ass. You're gonna go to where we're gonna get the most value for you. And if that means we're gonna send you to Carolina or two or Chicago, that mass stanbul, who cares, who cares, Whatever value you can get in return, that's going to be the highest value. That's where they're gonna trade him. It has nothing to do with Kleb Williams going on a podcast and those guys getting along.
Speaker 4: That's the part I don't get.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the part you have to understand about what they did. It's a strategic play because we all know that public opinion drives behind the scenes decisions too. And if this were just like we talked about in a prior show about putting it out there first before the other side puts it out there, right, we were talking about c J. Stroud his representation and the Houston Texans. They're putting it out there like the Houston Texans put it out there, we may be open mix Shay put it out there that they could be open to trade discussions about CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud. CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud is in the fourth year of his contract. This is that where you actually are looking to extend and do that blockbuster deal that these guys are getting these days. That's the same situation here Jonas Max Crosby going on a show, and not only on a show, but a specific show, not only a specific show, but specific to a possible purpose of what he wants to ultimately get done. Getting out of Vegas is probably number one. That's probably number one on the list.
Speaker 4: Bout it. Why would you want to do that? Right?
Speaker 3: But then you see this up and coming team. Ben Johnson comes in, he lights it up his rookie years as a coach. You have this quarterback that can be the quarterback of the future and Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: So you not only go on a show to.
Speaker 3: Talk about the possibilities of what your future holds and this and that, but you do it with Caleb Williams, who is the quarterback for the He's already the best quarterback ever for the Chicago Bears already right now. Sorry McMahon, sorry, Sorry Grossman and Cutlers, Peter tom Willis, sorry, sorry, Fellas, Jim Harbaugh, Sorry.
Speaker 4: Sorry? Who's the other dude that looked like Tony Romo.
Speaker 3: What's his name? He used to play. He's not too long ago. He was up in there. He was a draft pick. He's a high guy.
Speaker 4: What's his name called Mitribisky?
Speaker 3: Doesn't he look like Tony Romo a little bit? If you think about it. They look like he's not bad, like like step brothers. Yeah, like they got the same mom. Maybe not the same day or same day.
Speaker 2: You were telling me that Tribisky would be a better broadcaster, though he would.
Speaker 4: I think you said that before the.
Speaker 6: Show, Jonas, I don't know, Uh, look at it's gonna be a quick slam, and they take me what happened and they taken me.
Speaker 3: He used to call him right anyway, It creates a conversation, and in today's culture, today's generation, you can be shaking ice out of a kid's T shirt and making sure his legs aren't crazy wet and brush him off and have a good time with it, and everybody's going to talk about it. The littlest things. Everybody talks about. Jan that's what they said. They said because it was so much rain or something like that, and then the ice and stuff that was getting poured during the celebration. The kid got like, got doused or got hit whatever. Anyway, whatever your story is, your story is. But the point I'm saying is is you put it out there, it gets If it's something real, it gets consumed. If it gets consumed, it gets distributed, it gets pushed around. Then now all of a sudden, something that you thought was a nothing becomes a something. This big conversation ensues, and now the beer say, huh, we may have.
Speaker 4: A possibility here.
Speaker 3: It sounds like he really has a good, fine relationship with Caleb.
Speaker 4: If Caleb is good with it, let's try to make it work.
Speaker 3: Oh, on the raider side of it, you just fired another coach, y'all suck. You're very, very very well represented supported team. Your fan base has been crazy loyal to you. In spite of you're searching for that next that next New England Patriots scenario to play out. Maybe it's time to start anew Maybe this helps you make the decision of we need to move on from Max. Yes, let's try to leverage it as much as we can to get out of it, but in the end, let's unload him and let's continue to build for what the future could possibly be. And that would be the reasons why you could see the Raiders, the Las Vegas Raiders potentially dealing him, and if you have a suitor that's already out.
Speaker 4: There, then that makes it that much easier.
Speaker 3: Right, So I think that that's the reason why you do something like this. No, they don't just do it just to do it, But I think in a situation like this, him outwardly praising Caleb the way that he did, I don't think it was disingenuous. I think it was was very genuine and I think it was very intentional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't think it was disingenuous either. I think there was a lot of If you go back to the game they played against each other, you know, Caleb Williams I think was quoted as saying afterwards, you know, best performance by a defensive player that he's that he's been against in his life. And Max Crossby was unbelievable in that game. And that was another game that the Raiders look at and go, how do we lose that one? And the Bears look at and go, how do we win that one? Well, the Raiders, you lost that one because that's what you do.
Speaker 4: You're the matter. Yeah, like the Browns. There's a couple of teams out there. You'd be like, how they lose? What that did you? Did you not I got to take you? Did you not hear what team they are?
Speaker 2: You know what's the most popular slot machine in Las Vegas according to all of the casino owners and the people that run those places. The Raiders, because people just keep putting money in them, stupid and they get nothing to return, so stupid they go play the Raider slot.
Speaker 4: Everybody spin the wheel? Hey, another l came up? What do you know?
Speaker 7: But because you always think that next one's got to be the jackpote When when you've lost that long for that much, you always think that the next one is going to be that that jackpot the biggest.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, of course they got the car on top paper to this and.
Speaker 3: That they got a picture to a house out the rip zillow.
Speaker 7: But uh, you got you could get a five million dollars dollars good like a lear Jet if the Raiders win the.
Speaker 2: Seven games like Joge Travolta the Grid so like, but the on Max Crosby want spin the wheel. You know it's Dandon no more money. It's Daniel Carlson getting a kick blocked. Oh dam But so like Max Crosby. Yeah, the game was unbelievable. They had a lot of respect for each other. All of that is fair, but the Raiders hold his rights. And last I checked, Max Crosby doesn't have a no trade clause.
Speaker 4: So whatever podcast.
Speaker 2: He wants to go on and whoeveryone, I'm sure he's got nice things to say about Patrick Mahomes. I'm sure he's got nice things to say about a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL, Josh Allen, et cetera, et cetera. Whoever gives them the best deal, because again reportedly they don't want to trade him. Whoever's going to give them the best deal is going to be where they send Max Crosby. And it doesn't matter what he wants or how nice he's being, it doesn't matter. It's curling, you know, it's a little weird, like you're watching on TV. You're just wondering, you know, what those cleaning laders are doing. But it just it doesn't matter what he wants what the Raiders can get in return. So this is all, this is all fun, This is all a great story, but I just find it hard to believe that we can put two and two together and think that these guys are working behind the seeds to make a trade happen. If somebody comes away and blows the Raiders away with an offer, they're not going to give a crap that he likes Caleb Williams and had them on a podcast. They're going to try and get the most fun legit as they should.
Speaker 3: That's legit. I mean, there's no disputing that. I definitely find that to be a legit, you know, conclusion to draw. But I also think that there's the idea of doing right by players that have done right by you. He has done right by this this Raiders team. He's given it his all. He has been one of the most impactful, influential players in our league in the history of the game in fact, and for him to be in the situation and I can sympathize with him, believe you me. I mean, it is nothing like what you mean, wasting good years of your hard work and belief.
Speaker 4: He's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You believe in a team, you believe in the community, you believe in everything that's going on, and they just keep giving you bags of s and then before you know it, now you're out a point in your career where which he's really on the way to. I mean, he's not a spring chicken anymore. You're on your way to your better days slowly getting behind you.
Speaker 4: And then now where are you at?
Speaker 3: Now You've given all your great years to this organization that just can't get right, and now you're too old to even put yourself in the type of position where you can have impactful conversations about going somewhere and actually being a real positive contributor to possibly winning that Super Bowl. Like, that's what we all want, is to have the chance to win a Super Bowl. Play your your guts out, try to be an all pro, make pro bowls, Earn the respect of your peers, like what the love he gave to Caleb Williams. Get paid along the way, Maybe meet somebody who's really nice, get married, maybe you're already married. Treat them right, whatever it is, and get some Super Bowl rings and potentially, hopefully one day get called to Canton. That's everybody's dream, man.
Speaker 2: Or if you run the MLBPA, hire her sister, I mean, and get it done that way, you know, dig bat her up. I don't see nothing wrong with a little bumping grind.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean so R Kelly is still in jail. I don't know if he's getting out either, but it seems like, I mean, parts of that group are still out. They could sing that song.
Speaker 4: I think. I do think that was a public announcement with R Kelly.
Speaker 2: That's probably the best best place for him at this point. It's by the way, if you're watching, we appreciate uh, appreciate you giving us a look on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check us out.
Speaker 2: We're live. We're live on YouTube. Yeah. Max Crosby is one of my favorite players in the NFL.
Speaker 4: To why why up top? Well, like shit, probably top? You tell us?
Speaker 3: Why tell us why? You can probably claim that one. Where's it starting? I mean, you're probably right for being honest. You're probably right. I think he had me. Hey, you know what, I'm his I'm his brother. As it gets. I think when I met him at the super Bowl, I thought he had I think he had me. I'll tell you what what Miles Garrett from Max Crossby that deal you saw it right there and you heard it. I love me some Miles Garrett though, But I mean he don't even claim y'all.
Speaker 4: He claims agent. He's in the A he's in the Orient. Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, if anybody's wondering, yes, we'll go there. Yes, oh yeah, edity moment, it could go off the rails like that. So best of luck to Max.
Speaker 3: We were talking about black and white players, by the way, and Max Crosby he belongs to us black and Miles Garrett belongs to drag. That's that's what That's what just happened here, Just in case y'all we're not interpreting what we just did.
Speaker 2: And for those of you wondering, a most famous transaction we've made on the show when Brady Quinn was here. Yeah, we traded Babe Ruth for Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: We gave up Patrick Mahons. So I feel like that, you know, we got the babe though. That's a great trade. That's a win win for everything. Yeah, that's a win for everyone.
Speaker 2: By the way, worked out trouble sleeping introducing z Cliner, the revolutionary recliner designed by Flex Still. The z Cliner was engineered with RESTful sleep in mind, making it an ideal bed alternative.
Speaker 4: You're unbelievable. Healthy time starts with a healthy night sleep.
Speaker 2: Visit z Cliner dot com slash Dan Patrick Today to find z Cliner.
Speaker 4: At a store near use sleep.
Speaker 2: It is two pros and a cup of Joe filling for the Dan Patrick Show. Here on Fox Sports Radio. We're going to take you again all the way up until noon Eastern time nine am Pacific. We are going to have some fun stuff where you've got a segment called in case you missed it later on, we've got the leftovers, the usual shenanigans, and all the stuff you can expect when you listen to us before the Dan Patrick Show Monday through Friday here on the network, and again you can watch a long simulcast on YouTube coming up next here.
Speaker 4: Though, somebody got exactly what they wanted.
Speaker 2: They got exactly what they wanted in the world of sports, and if we're being honest, you got it as well.
Speaker 4: That's yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio. Get that subscribe button. And smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows and a cup of Joe. Dan Patrick, Colin Cowhard, Stu gottson Company Live, Cavino and Rich On, a Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio on.
Speaker 2: YouTube Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and coming away black Jack Black and.
Speaker 4: Draga Whooo good Loose it is woves.
Speaker 2: The Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. Two pros and a cup of Joe. Sitting in for Dan and the guys, LeVar Arrington, Jonas Knox with you here. We will be having something we do called another edition of Incase you mystic coming up here a little over fifteen minutes from now. That will be yours right here on FSR. But you know what, right now, it is time for the tire Rack Play of the Day.
Speaker 4: Well you.
Speaker 2: So, there we go, courtesy of NBC on the Call in overtime the US get it done. For over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and freeback by Free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. Well, who didn't love a little playoff hockey? Got man little playoff hockey? You got the Americans, they got hockey and happy Valley. They call it hockey Valley.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? That's right? Yeah baby.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think it's the first time the US has beaten Sweden since nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: It's pretty dope. Nearly gagged the game away, gave up a goal with about a minute and a half left. That's all right, But with competition, we are slowly veering towards what NBC wants.
Speaker 2: More than anything. When it comes to this Matchupe.
Speaker 3: DOWSSR versus the Soviet, that'd be something else. Canada, Oh yeah, us first Canada. Uh now, Sydney Crosby did leave the game.
Speaker 4: US I do. Back in the day of top Nikolai Bolkoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, remember him, absolutely, remember when him and the and your guy the Iron Sheet iron.
Speaker 4: I know you're a big fan of the Iron Cheeks work on radio.
Speaker 3: It's really good. It's really good. Rest in peace. The cam will clutch, baby, really good. Some people just have a talent for trash talking.
Speaker 4: Uh. The Iron is one of them. Yeah, they really do. Uh.
Speaker 2: So the US is going to get Slovakia and the Semis on Friday night. Canada is going to play Finland in the other.
Speaker 3: Uh, it would be hoof the hockey gods at NBC to try and get us the US versus Canada.
Speaker 4: Got to try to get it.
Speaker 2: Look, I can remember watching the US first Canada game back in I think it was twenty ten, and it was the game where Sidney Crosby scored the game winner, and it was bananas, just how fired up everybody got. Because look, you could all have rooting interest for whatever team you want and kind of veer off into whatever directions. When everybody's on the same page rooting for the US and a standalone, big event like that, that's just fun for everybody. And plus it gives us something to do, you know, on the weekend, we're looking for things to watch and discuss. I know you're a big fan of curling, just sort of the athleticism it takes. Oh, I'm hockey, you know, I am a curling fan. I mean the amount of focus, the amount of communication, the amount of wiping of the spit surface, the precision that's necessary and need it. I'm all about curling, all right, I really am, especially women's curling for some strange reason, kind of like that a little bit more than than the guys. Uh And and I'm I'm a fan of hockey, I really am. Obviously, being from Pittsburgh, you have no choice but to have two very very strong passions, and one being hockey outside of football. So to hear that the US is doing well is awesome. We know how great hockey is in Canada, so to have that as a gold medal round.
Speaker 3: Matchup would be pretty pretty phenomenal. But I would I would assume it be must see television if it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: The one problem that that we have with the stuff because I'm trying to figure out if this is good. So it's it's eight am Eastern time on Sunday, right, Okay, not great?
Speaker 4: Really early? Yeah, it's early. That's five am out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know our friends in Hawaii, that's like two or three in the morning, you know, so like they they've got to walk off, you know, out of a tiki bar and try and watch the Yorks.
Speaker 4: Stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just gotta stay, go ahead and do it. So that's that's less than ideal. But it would you know, would lead to that.
Speaker 4: Do they have ice rinks? Do they have ice rinks? I don't know. Is that something that they be into.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. You know, I know our friends listening on uh you know, in the Tiki Torch of the Hawaiian Islands, Fox Sports nine nine out there. Uh, you know, maybe somebody listening has the answer to that, but I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 4: I just I think that.
Speaker 2: With the Winter Olympics, it's fun. It's a it's a it's a fun ride to watch these random events at random times during the day. But it's kind of like Bowl season to where it's really cool to watch the ninety nine cent store on a Tuesday at nine cent store Bowl on a Tuesday at noon, randomly during the holiday season. And then at a certain point you just get to where you're like, all right, can we get the get to the to the big events? Like this is all awesome, and it's great to have these Mattinee football games and it's great to have these, but let's get to the let's get to the real deal. Here, and I feel like the real deal is hockey to where it's sort of separating itself to where it's got recognizable names that you can look at and go, all right, that's somebody we're gonna watch potentially in the regular season after this is all said and done.
Speaker 4: And so if we could land.
Speaker 2: Ourselves on US Canada in the gold medal game, apologies to Slovakia and anybody else that could get in the way, if we could just land that on Sunday and give people something to wake up to to get fired up for, I think that's the best conclusion for all this stuff here.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't have a I don't have a valid argument or you know, kind of come back to say why it wouldn't be you know, I think the US, obviously our voting interest, is wanting to have the US in it. Would you say, I mean, without having the numbers in front of me, you would say that the most players in the NHL are from Canada and the United States.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that. As far as far as the splits go, I'm not sure, but that is kind of a kind of an interesting dynamic. And I know you played in a couple of different Pro Bowls. You played in three Pro Bowls, like the idea of going from because there's been a lot of conversation about the NBA All Star Game and whatever you called those team names they rolled out with. As we talked about on our show, the Pro Bowl is the worst. It's absolutely awful. We were there in San Francisco during Super Bowl week watching it on television. It looked like they dropped really good football players in a claw machine and people were just trying.
Speaker 4: To move them around.
Speaker 2: It was weird, like you just like everyone's moving it around with the joystick and it didn't make any sense and it didn't.
Speaker 4: Look like football. But that's what the Pro Bowl was.
Speaker 2: But I do I wonder what the dynamic is like because in the Pro Bowl when you were playing, that was the last game of the season.
Speaker 3: Correct, like that was after the Super Bowl? Yes, right, so immediately after, And yes I was correct. The Canada actually holds the largest number percentage wise, of players in the NHL and the United States at forty forty two percent of the league, and then the United States follows with a roughly twenty eight to twenty nine percent.
Speaker 4: There we go Swede being in third.
Speaker 2: Now, the one problem for Canada is they can't get a Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 4: They came close, but you know, they came very close. They did. They came close, just not close enough.
Speaker 2: But so when you were playing in the Pro Bowl, that was the last game of the year, right, So after that game, it's not like you had to team up with these guys again. That's it with the Olympics. You've got to continue the last part of the regular season. And so how do you just flip the switch from hey, these are rivals now they're teammates, to now their rivals again and you go back to your teammates.
Speaker 3: Like, well, those are extraordinary circumstances, right, Like, if you think about it, I think that it would be a welcomed vacation away from the regular season grind, because it is a grind.
Speaker 4: Especially that Olympic village. From what we've heard me in autumn, rubbers been used. Ten thousand rubbers got sent.
Speaker 3: Over there prophylactics for safe sex gond it here and they're promising to have delivered more, which means that it's just all kinds that I don't see nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean, I bump those numbers out.
Speaker 6: Those are rookie numbers, like a little bumping round.
Speaker 2: You know how many sea animals are walking around with one of those things on their head now because somebody threw it in the lake.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: People are worried about plastic straws and turtles the fact that that thing's just swimming around with a rubber on his face.
Speaker 3: Hey, mommy, look at the duck. Look at look at the dock, Look at the Look at the seagull.
Speaker 4: Mommy, look at what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What is? Look away, honey, mommy, look away, mommy? Why is that seagull? Looks like he's about to rob a bank? But is that? What is that pelican giving birth to? What is that?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I can imagine, you know, the break in the middle of the season is fun.
Speaker 4: But these are like, these are hard games.
Speaker 2: So and I can I can also understand why some owners would not maybe want the players to participate in this in the middle of the season. If I was owning an n H n H NHL franchise, I probably wouldn't want to send my players off to go chase their Olympic dreams.
Speaker 4: But now they they know that that's a part of it.
Speaker 3: But now the own have a firm grasp and hold of understanding that this is a part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, if Sidney Crosby is affected, well, well, so he had a lower body injury. He left the game yesterday. You know they're trying, but it's hockey. Lower body injury.
Speaker 3: Could be you know, the guy got you know, severed at the hip, you know by you know By, Yeah, like he fell on you know, on a tractor and they're like, oh, it's a lower body injury. He should be available next game, but if he's impacted the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: The Penguins are much better than anybody thought they would be this year. They thought it was, you know, rebuild, we got to close it up. Crosby, Malcolm, le Tang, all these guys got great names, and then now all of a sudden they're in the middle.
Speaker 3: You put Malcolm and and Crosby on Lemieux and and and Yager, do you put them on that level?
Speaker 4: They're pretty high. Yeah, not as many Stanley cups now they do, because Crosby and Malcoln have three three and uh yamarn and and two. I thought they had three.
Speaker 3: Now they had ninety one and ninety two. Oh yeah, Lemieux had way more than two though he had finished the two only two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, listen, he got the more than he had, he got sick and he left, and a lot of people think, you know, if that didn't impede him, he would have been the greatest. There's still some people think Lemon is the greatest player of all time, like still some who who is the greatest is the Gretzky Gretzky Okay, yeah, I mean he had every number, but.
Speaker 3: You know until awesome, awesome, and that was back in the day. Is Sid the Kid and an Ov Are they a better duo and tandem for this era of hockey than Lemieux and Gretzky.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you could say no, even if you can't fix your face to say yes.
Speaker 2: But but it is it is. You mentioned the uh, the two stars for the Penguins. It is kind of wild that they had it then and they've got it now.
Speaker 3: But that's what we are as Pittsburgh. We have this weird ability to recreate. It's kind of like Green Bay with quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: It's like Green Bay with quarterback.
Speaker 2: Like he's just like they just do it better. It's like the Bears with linebackers, they just do.
Speaker 3: Steelers with linebackers. Come come in. I mean y'all had Buckets and Erlacker. Who else? I mean, I know Briggs and all of them, But I'm saying Mike Singletary, Mike and Mike Yeah, hell yeah, otis Wilson, otis Will that's safety Wilver Marshall linebacker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's nice. But come on, man, like the Steel curtain yeah.
Speaker 2: Jack Slambert, let me rephrase middle linebackers. Uh, the Bears have got that unlocked. But linebacker tandems is. Steelers with Lloyd and Green, Yeah, they've got that.
Speaker 3: Come on, Guilden and Joey Porter, Joey Porter and James Harrison.
Speaker 2: Honest mistake. You mentioned Lance Briggs. He doesn't get enough credit. He does not give enough credit. In fact, I think he had. I think he had a Hall of Fame career. He's should get.
Speaker 4: Into him and Peanut Tillman.
Speaker 3: You can argue hall of Fame career, sure, but but digressing, I think it is a welcomed getaway from the the monotony of being in a season that has so many games. You get an opportunity to represent your homeland. You get the opportunity to be in Olympic village as a professional, even though you're doing in some cases what would be considered to be amateurism in competition and being in the worlds, even though that's just something for us as the United States, well up until not too long ago.
Speaker 4: But I think that they enjoy it. I think it's a good getaway.
Speaker 3: Then you come back in and man like, you can share stories about what your experience. They're probably hanging out together out there stuff like that, like, so you know, that's uh.
Speaker 4: I think that it's it's okay.
Speaker 3: And I think that the owners don't have such a hard stance on wanting them to be a part of it because it's it's good for them too. Them having success there is good for business for them, you know, with their franchises back here.
Speaker 2: I would imagine you being a multiple time pro bowler going to Hawaii all those years that you know, some of those stories you don't share.
Speaker 3: Why not, just depending on who you share them with. Hey, some people get to hear it all. I mean, maybe not all of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they sure do.
Speaker 3: I don't know it is I wouldn't know, I just went to the Pro Bowl, sat out the pool, and then went and played in the game and came back home like that was as a blue Choo commercial.
Speaker 4: Pops up. Yeah, that is, That's perfect.
Speaker 2: It is to remind my sad Damn Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: That was a time where I didn't need you joos. By the way, yeah, I need blue Jube back in the day when I was going to Pro Bowls, but.
Speaker 4: I need them now. Make sure you get a hold of some blue Joes.
Speaker 2: And while you're grabbing that, why don't you stick around because we have another edition of in case you missed it, and it's yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It is a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys coming up top next hour.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call it a little over ten minutes from now.
Speaker 2: We're going to tell you about somebody who took a job in the NFL and clearly doesn't know the people they'll be working with clear evidence of that.
Speaker 4: That'll be yours again.
Speaker 2: Top of next hour a little over ten minutes from now, before we get to something we do on our show called in Case You missed It, want to make sure to let you to check out our brand new YouTube channel for the show and go there right now we are live. Just search two pros FSR on YouTube again. That's two pros FSR. Be sure to hit the subscribe button. Don't stop there, hit the thumbs up icon and comment away. Let us know who on the show you agree with, who you think is wrong. But check out our new channel on YouTube. Begin Just search two pros FSR and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you in case you missed.
Speaker 2: It, And for that we turn it over to our executive producer, the one and only Patrick Sweeka Patty spur.
Speaker 4: Maroni cowboy.
Speaker 3: Jonass I got him in the box.
Speaker 4: I'm in the box.
Speaker 8: Let's go dang, let's go dank. Well, sovereign case you missed it, boys, this is my nightmare.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what we said. This is my nightmare.
Speaker 8: This is my nightmare because this is my in case you missed it, my Seahawks are formally and then have now announced that they're gonna be selling.
Speaker 4: Well it's Patty's in the box. I'm in the box.
Speaker 3: I mean what best time, well, better time to say Seahawks are in the box too.
Speaker 8: So yeah, so seeah, this is official right this, It has formally been announced that they're in the process of selling the team. The state of Paul g Allen is reportedly expected to fetch a and I quote, record breaking price for an NFL franchise.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, so's send the seven eight billions.
Speaker 8: Then they're projecting it to go in seven and eight bill It would top.
Speaker 4: The US numbers. Up, those are rookie numbers.
Speaker 8: They're currently going to top these six point zero five bill the commanders previously had. Yeah, seven to eight mil is what we're looking at here, guys.
Speaker 3: And if we're being honest, Danny had to give up what Danny Snyder had to give up? What fifty million and fines and punishment? I mean give up one hundred million? Who cares?
Speaker 4: You know how many? You know, how many more millions you got?
Speaker 2: You know what you should do just to just to be a ballbuster. Dan Snyder should put in a bid to by the Seahawks. That's what he should do.
Speaker 3: How did the taxes work on a acquisition like that? You pay six billion dollars six point five billion.
Speaker 4: I drive a two thousand and six to coma. Yeah, never mind, Okay, go, I keep moving on.
Speaker 3: So what you got, Patty? You're right, We're right, that's out of our Yeah, let's move on.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: So I got an Olympic one here. So we have an Austrian ski jumper named Daniel saw.
Speaker 4: Whatever. The guy's kind of dumb.
Speaker 8: Here he went skiing and he was disqualified because he had oversized boots went which went about about an inch or so over the projected what you're supposed to wear for skiing?
Speaker 4: What's the problem. I just don't understand.
Speaker 2: It's like these fishermen that put little weights inside the fish they catch to win tournaments. Like, how bad do you want it? What are you willing to do to win? You gotta try? Yes, some people said, if you ain't cheating, you ain't tried. Now, LeVar, as a guy with giant feet, I'm offended by this.
Speaker 3: I'm offended. Terrible champs man, my feet should be able to be left alone. They should be able to fly to If you know what I mean. New Ball wouldn't even stand next the LeVar.
Speaker 4: Catch one of these sneakers in your mouth kind of
Speaker 3: Dang