Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this afternoon edition of Beyonce in Hughes trend, which is some of the big news coming out of Look, all the celebrities are coming out of the portals, like the Avengers to help Kamala Harris, I guess over the line, although Texas isn't quite seen as a purple steak quite yet due to jerry mandering, but who knows. We will get to that trending item in a moment. My name Miles Gray, my guest co host name Paula vi Ganlan.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 3: I fucking hate that guy, Jerrymanda. He slept with my wife.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We were in an improv moment.
Speaker 2: They didn't hear that part. I was struggling. Jerrymanda, Hey, Jerrymanda. Hate that fucking hate that guy.
Speaker 4: I've been doing this voice for like a few days, and I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Sometimes you get caught in a voice you like to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anyway, Paulivy, let's tell the people some of the things that are trending. A pretty brazen act of cut and replace with AI has occurred in Poland.
Speaker 2: A radio station in Poland is the stat has.
Speaker 3: Ever happened in Poland.
Speaker 2: No, never, never, never, never, never never never.
Speaker 1: They are taking they're the hot seat a little bit because they fired all of the on air human presenters and they are replaced there in the process of replacing them all with virtual characters created by AI.
Speaker 4: Okay. The reason that you guys aren't coming along with these future technologies and you don't understand why characters created by AI are actually more efficient than human characters, okay, okay, is because you have a soul and like we're not about that at our company. Okay, because souls can be really you know, like not beneficial to like our progress as a topiety.
Speaker 3: So we got to get rid of those. We have to like cut those out of our worldview.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like you could hear that in like America too, Like soul kind of evokes uh sort of culture for some of our white listeners that they don't like. Yeah yeah, yeah, like soul music or food. You get what you kind of get where I'm going anyway. So apparently though, don't worry not. These robot journalists are quote designed to reach younger listeners by speaking about cultural, art and social issues, including the concerns of LGBTQ plus.
Speaker 3: People, pedo robots trying to reach.
Speaker 1: My young children, racist ass algorithm trying to give me takes on culture, art, social issues, including concerns of the LGBTQ plus.
Speaker 3: No, I don't care if it makes me listen.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, we didn't have no beat.
Speaker 3: Boop was telling us.
Speaker 1: Hitler was okay, okay, look, you just kind of sat back and dealt with it.
Speaker 2: That's just how it worked.
Speaker 1: But apparently the head of the radio station claim that the journalists weren't fired because there was AI and it was a cheaper thing to do. It's because the listenership was quote close to zero, and so it's just a fun experiment. They're completely una AI.
Speaker 3: Was listening and they don't count that. What if it was AI that.
Speaker 4: Was listening the whole time and that's how they got the characters.
Speaker 1: This is what the quote from the head of the station said. Quote, is artificial intelligence more of an opportunity or a threat to media, radio and journalism.
Speaker 2: We will seek answers to this question.
Speaker 3: Oh so that's like lying our family in their bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: We will eliminate employees and then see how.
Speaker 2: That goes, we'll see. We don't know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like we're goofy, you know, we like throwing stuff on the wall, seeing what sticks, and then we'll just see what happens with this.
Speaker 3: Is more bad. I don't know, but I'm going to start one to find.
Speaker 1: Let's engage in one though. Let's fucking go for it, though we won't know until we know. Let's completely ignore the record of his We're scientists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not the scientists.
Speaker 1: We're Nazi scientists, and we don't give a fuck about history because this time it will be different, okay, and we might win this time. So again, this is pretty shocking because the station is a quote taxpayer supported a station.
Speaker 4: Ah. This does remind me. You know that intro scene in the Dark Night, where like each robber is like killing the robber therewith until the last one is killed by the joker, Right, That's what it feels like with AI, like killing each person's job and you think you're safe, and then AI will take your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah shit, they got somehow worse there was.
Speaker 1: One of these AI presenters recently did an interview with a Nobel Prize winning poet who died in twenty twelve. But don't worry because that person also Ai. And then the person who like represents the uh the estate of and please forgive me because I do want to say the person's name, but I'm not great at Polish pronunciation. I think it's Slava Zimborska. They said, oh, no, no, no, she had a sense of humor and would have liked it really.
Speaker 3: Really fuck like also, like it's Ai. You can make new characters. Why did you have to.
Speaker 4: Like put this person in your Also, what would really go that hard? Is it like Tupac where they're like, we have to bring this one poet back.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine because it sounds like like a very consequential Polish Polish poet.
Speaker 2: So public Radio, so they yeah, exactly, They're not going to have like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let's move on to better news, specifically for me and my junk food.
Speaker 2: My love of junk food. The fucking Mexi milk is back.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I didn't have anything to scream like that, but that's all I got going right now. So the Bell they're bringing back a few things from they have a decade's menu going.
Speaker 2: So and when I saw.
Speaker 4: This was like Taylor's Earra's tour, but with Taco Bell Yeah, but Withoutae.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are they going to bring it back?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's all the different eras of violent diarrhea. So starting on Halloween, Taco will bring back from the decades, the Toastata from the sixties' earliest form of Taco Bell, then the green Sauce burrito from the seventies, the Mexi Melt from the eighties, the Gordida Supreme from the nineteen nineties, which I fucking loved, especially when that Godzilla movie came out with Matthew Broderick and the two thousands caramel Apple and Panada, which I had one too many of. But again, I'm interested, I'm curious. I want to see what happens. I've always just wanted this one simple dish to come back. The only downside to this it will not be nineteen nineties eighties pricing because that Mexi Melt will now be two dollars and ninety nine cents each, but everything will be less than three dollars, So look for under three dollars. You can destroy your insights like you used to decades ago.
Speaker 2: So good news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when we had like four loco and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you ever drink four Loco?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I like my friends all drank it, but I like I wasn't like drinking back then, so like I never it's different.
Speaker 2: Kind of drinking too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to have four locos, like like to drink.
Speaker 4: My friends drank after they had their breakdowns. Yeah, yeah, it's like maybe I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just kind of base if that's kind of your vibe right now, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'll have some water maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think I'm gonna ruin my insights with Taco Bell instead.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also I want to say Taco Bell, like just have these have your popular items on menu.
Speaker 3: Stop taking stuff away and then bringing it back. Mexican pizza, how dare you? You know what I mean, Give the people what they want.
Speaker 4: Don't make it like, what is this the fucking McRib You gotta chase it at night in different McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, I know, I know, I don't know. I mean, you can't get the Mexican pizza is back though.
Speaker 2: They I know.
Speaker 4: I just I'm still bitter that they took it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, same.
Speaker 4: We have had so many years of memories and you wasted it.
Speaker 3: You wasted it, Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: We slipped right through your greasy fucking fingers. Look at you. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think, Well, what's also funny because like their whole menu is so modular, Like it's all just like a weird combination of twelve ingredients.
Speaker 2: They have for everything. I'm gonna say it is bad, do it? Yeah? I like that.
Speaker 1: I think when I get the Taco Bell I go to, I'll be like, hey, it's me that like already knows the dude who's always kind of trying to homebrew their own MEXI melts by talking to us on how to do it. Well, one of the listeners shout out, I forget way back when of the listeners put me onto how to do it, and ever since, I've been using that same formula.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back talk a bit, a bit of politics, because we will be talking more about politics in tomorrow's episode, but just some celebrity stuff and then the police after.
Speaker 2: This and we're back.
Speaker 1: The other big thing that's trending, aside from the fact that violent from Insane Clown, Posse has said he is endorsing Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: That's a big vote. That's a big demographic.
Speaker 2: Juggalos, that's not a fucking joke, Okay.
Speaker 1: And I guess, And I know that Detroit's very own eminem was also going the same way. And I know they had their beef a little bit. But I'm glad they put the beef down, uh to come together for this project, I guess.
Speaker 4: But the other thing that was going bare yelling at you when you have too many maximals.
Speaker 3: They're like, put the beef down.
Speaker 2: Put the beef down, Miles, put the beef down. And I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm putting it down.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, no, no, no, no, no, not in your mouth, not like that. Oh I'm putting these down. I had five just right before you got here.
Speaker 2: You have five more. Yep, about to do ten. We call that a decade because.
Speaker 3: It's will for your children. Miles, you mean too many maximal people will.
Speaker 2: Be written in taco bell hot sauce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or on the back of one of the packets, like or.
Speaker 2: Just the paper the wrapper.
Speaker 1: They're like, I don't know if they this is legally binding, but it does seem that he did have this notarized but yeah, Beyonce is going to be performing in Houston. I know a lot of people are just gonna be at the DNC. It's happening now in Houston, along with I think Willie Nelson and shit. So that'll be a huge thing for for all the people who like Kamala and Beyonce and uh, you know really well.
Speaker 4: That ben diagram is just a circle the people who love Willie Nelson and beyond exactly.
Speaker 1: You'd think so, right if people were like, I love Beyonce, right.
Speaker 2: That is true. So it would be funny if someone's like, I love Beyonce, fucking hate like hate Willie Nelson, all right, fine, but yes, that's that's all.
Speaker 3: They would never smoke weed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though it sounds like she's alluded to it many times in her lyrics, I mean pretty sure that I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: And Tina Knowles will also be up there, and I will be wearing head to Doe House of dairy On. I am a fan. I never let go of my House of dairy On clothing. And then this other thing. So along with you know, the holidays, there's all kinds of community events you know, there's like a spooky bike ride I might do tomorrow, the like in my neighborhood, there's like, you know, a little local spectaculars.
Speaker 4: No bike lanes, yea, No, you might get hit by a car.
Speaker 1: You can't wear a helmet. We are living in truly spooky times. If your prize could be a traumatic brain injury. But the police always trying to ingratiate themselves in the community, make, you know, just kind of smooth things out because I know the you know, wanton violence and you know, unpunished evil deeds that police departments engage in.
Speaker 2: I know that can be a bit of a damper on our.
Speaker 1: Relationships with the communities. But hey, we've got some ideas. So there's a couple in Moorland, Oklahoma. The local police department is hosting their third annual Hide and Seek from the Police.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that?
Speaker 5: Hide and Seek from the Police where people sign up for a Halloween night event where they're given arm bands then hide from the police.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, who have to track them down? These are people.
Speaker 4: Signing up because every like other people are like, every day of my life is and.
Speaker 1: Seek for real? I'm like, is this just like a preview of like the upcoming Trump administration and what it could be.
Speaker 4: Like, Oh, they're gonna use like drone dogs to track people down and then they like shoot them and then they're like.
Speaker 3: Ha ha I found you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think it's like one of the things like, look, we're not even using all this military tech they keep fucking shitting down on us from the Pentagon that they can't justify buying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess we'll use it to freak out people. Because is there a pop.
Speaker 4: City they're going to be using one of like the tesla's or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like runs his buddy over so wild It says, meet at the Moreland Community Center to receive your wrist band.
Speaker 2: They will be released at U Like.
Speaker 1: You'll get a fifteen minute head start and you must remain inside city limits, no entering private yards outside only no buildings and they hunt you down.
Speaker 4: This okay, this sounds like a whop Like they're literally gonna I'm so surprised they haven't killed someone already, Like yeah, like like because they pull they would pull their guns out at anything, right right, This is sociers are like this is a training exercise for the cops. Wait, this isn't in like an enclosed space. No, they're like hunting them ound in like the city limits streets of the city because the cops own. It's another reminder that the cops own the city and can find you.
Speaker 3: Anywhere and what it is.
Speaker 1: And it's like to your point. For the people who aren't necess who don't see the police in the same way that most oppressed people do, they're like, oh, this is like so fun. You're hide and seek and it's like, my friend.
Speaker 4: But can you also imagine like that night, like cops are going to be trolling everywhere, so people who would not want to be around cops are going to be forced with them, like trying to like barge in a place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of the hide and seek. No, motherfucker, I'm changing my spare tire, bro, Can you let me the fuck alone. They're like us, play with us. We have a hey hands a fucking asshole. I'm joking. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: I'm no, but for real, motherfucker freeze. Oh come on, am I Joe.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're like break or shoot, We're gonna shoot.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, trick or beat your ass down.
Speaker 1: So this trend apparently has been spreading to other towns too, because, like you said, how could this get worse? Well, in Sherwood, Oregon, Uh, there will be an armed and uniformed police officers event where they will try to tag teenagers and adults as they run through a wooded park at night. It says you are invited to hide and seek with a cop at the Stella Olson Park in Sherwood, Oregon, October thirtieth, at seven pm.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're just gonna like plant drugs on everyone?
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, there's gonna be like dated guns.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: This this baby had a gun. I don't know what you want me to do. Chief, And the reaction to this hasn't been positive. Many people were putting on social media they said I'd go, quote I'd go, but I like breathing. And the cops they defended this whole event, they said, you know, they said a lot of people are like, why are they fucking armed for a thing where it's like twelve years old? Twelve years and up? I guess because apparently the whole point is to humanize the officers. They said, quote, if the officers are not uniformed or armed, it defeats the goal of helping community members overcome fear of interacting with officers as they are. Events like this build those relationships and humanize us as an agency and as officers.
Speaker 4: You want me to humanize your gun? Put it in a fucking beauty in the Beast movie. Okay, make it sing, don't make me fucking play hide and seek with cops. Is gonna tag someone and they're gonna be like, you reach for my gun. Like it's fucking terrifying. Nobody wants to be around cops. You don't humanize yourselves. You kill people, You kill dogs. You kill so many dogs per year in people's private yards. Like we want to say the fuck away from you.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: If I'm not dressed as the spooky uh you know, person that can kill at will on behalf of the state, then you're not gonna like connect to me.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, wait a minute. Everyone should go.
Speaker 4: Okay, adults should go, and everyone should dress as cops of like their local uniform, and everyone should because it's like a Halloween thing.
Speaker 2: We can do.
Speaker 4: This is what we want, right right, and then we all just like trick them into shooting each other.
Speaker 2: He's got a gun, and then you dive and it's mine.
Speaker 1: Oh if only things worked out as the amazing comedic ideas we have. But I again, I hope they ends safely. But yeah, this is just hole just like wow, the fact the weird part is defending that they need to have their guns or else they're not gonna get respect. Like holy shit, dude, maybe like interrogate that I need to beat.
Speaker 3: The sheet out of people or they won't be my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, we're not gonna carry tasers though those are scary.
Speaker 4: What yeah, what if we accidentally reach for the taser instead of the gun for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know, I'm I know, I know, I'm you know, behind in my practice, but these are these are the things that keep us up at night. So yeah, I resist the urge to do hide and Seek with a cop.
Speaker 4: They should host another event that's hide and Seek with a stripper cop and then like make everybody go to that one instead. Oh you know what I mean, yeah, like all the adults.
Speaker 2: It would be wild though too. Man.
Speaker 1: This is where like if I, like, if I was a billionaire, I would just like buy a bunch of like tear away police uniforms that look exactly like this department.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then suddenly like fifty of these cops are just ripping their clothes off and and like.
Speaker 2: And then just having a party in the woods. Maybe maybe not great for the twelve years.
Speaker 3: We don't have to be in the woods, Like why does it have to be outside?
Speaker 4: Why does it have to be in the woods, Like, it's so can't you eminent domain like a nice house.
Speaker 1: It's just so weird, right like you are, like you would do like you're building a freeway over pass or something.
Speaker 3: Just fucking steal some shit, make it more fun.
Speaker 1: You want to humanize them. Why don't you humanize the people of your community. That's that's the direction to.
Speaker 2: People of your community. Guns that would be funny. Hunt a cop night and then.
Speaker 1: Would yeah, yeah Ortez a cop that would probably do a lot for.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But again that the empathy does not need to be moving in the other direction, like they insist if anything, like they're like, no, no, we have a problem with them not seeing us as people.
Speaker 4: We have a problem with those fucking dogs people.
Speaker 2: Shit, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well those are the things that are trending this Thursday. October twenty fourth, twenty twenty four, one week from Halloween. We and then only a few more days till the election. Pollia's wed Halloween should be on November fifth, I think. But anyway, paulap thank you so much for joining me. Please, y'all, I hope you have a great weekend. We have a great episode coming up for you tomorrow. But until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, get the flu shot, get your vaccines, do all that. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and please, please please have a good time as.
Speaker 2: You can in our are in our final days of who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, bless you, ye bye forever