Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romaine Bostik, and Scarlet flu.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's get to the S and P five hundred folks, now that we are at the close. In terms of the market averages, Christine, we're looking at more names actually hired today. Wasn't that way earlier in the session? Three hundred and eighty nine names in the S and P five hundred gaining ground on this Friday on hundred and twelve to the downside to unchanged.
Speaker 1: Well, Carol, I'm looking at the sectors again that have led us and liked us in this equity session. I mentioned earlier in for tech of course a biggest loser today, but you know, the biggest winners energy sector, and look at that, so that is up currently being led by eggs on world seeing of course oil prices up today, so you know, that's kind of helping a cushion some of those declines in the SB furn that we're seeing earlier and again, as Carl mentioned, you know we've paired some of those losses already because of potential hope that we might see the beginning of the end of the shutdown. If we do, in fact see our lawmakers grabbing some martinis somewhere in DC this weekend, one can hope.
Speaker 3: What are the odds something like that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: All right, so we can keep our fingers crossed. Hey, so a lot of green. So let's get to some of the individual gainers. Got to mention Expedia, it's your number one gainer in the S and P five hundred. The stock finishing with a rise of about seventeen and a half percent. It is now up about forty percent year to date. The company raising its full year gross bookings and revenue outlook. Its signaled that strong travel trends are continuing into the holiday quarter, so revenue this year now expected to increase six point five percent at the midpoint, gross bookings are expected to grow seven percent. That's both ahead of estimates and Expedia's previous guidance. I should point out the outlook not into account the US government shut down, and the company has yet to see an impact. Just over a month and according to the company's CEO. All right, over to Monster beverage. We go this one number two gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred to gain a five point two percent here after the Energy Drinks Companies third quarter results topped expectations. Analysts pretty positive about the company's gross margins and sales following the recent price hikes. And this one too is up about thirty two percent here in twenty twenty five. And one more for you. We're talking about top golf callaway. That one up about fourteen point three docent. Yeah right, I guess people are golfing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: Remember we thought it got it, It got revived during the pandemic, and it has been building on that.
Speaker 3: Since exactly so again a good number here. The company came out boosted its net revenue guidance for the full year as football fans took some extra time out for golf. Glad to hear that's happening. The company expects annual revenue of three point nine to two billion at the midpoint. That's up from the previous expected three point eighty six billion. This was also above Wall Street's estimate of three point eight nine billion. Stock up more than thirty percent year to date, about ten percent of the float is short, but I'm going to say that's kind of how I grew up. My family went from golfing to football golfing.
Speaker 5: It's got to get on from the couch every once in a while. Yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 3: We did, go out and play a lot of golf. I should say that today at least to get off the couch on that one.
Speaker 4: Hey, you got the gainers, I got the decliners today. I want to start with the shares of the meat processing company JBS falling three point six four percent. Shares just dove late in the trading session at about three point thirty eight PM. This after the President said in a social media post that he's told the Justice Department to probe meat packing companies. Here's what the President said, in part, quote, I've asked the DOJ to immediately begin an investigation into the meat packing companies who are driving up the price of beef through illicit collusion, price fixing, and price manipulation. We will always protect our American ranchers, and they're being blamed for what is being done by majority foreign owned meat packers. End quote. In part he goes on to say more, we should note there are a host of reasons why beef prices in the United States have gone up. We've typically imported quite a bit from Brazil, but then tariffs on Brazil helped put an end to that. We were hoping well. The US was hoping to import from Argentina as well, but that's politically difficult when it affects the price of beef for American ranchers, many of whom did support the president in his last election. Once again, shares a JBS down three point six percent. We'll continue following this story. Also among the worst performers in the S and P five hundred and any percentage basis. Shares of the company formerly known as Square now called blockdown seven point seven percent. The company did raise its full year profit forecast and posted strong growth in consumer banking, though it's third quarter revenues fell short of Wall Street's estimates. The company added three hundred thousand new primary banking users in the quarter, and the number of monthly active users in the cash app ticked up slightly to fifty eight million. Also, finally, Sweet Green shares hitting a record low today, down seven point five percent. The restaurant chain cut its revenue guidance for the full year, missed the average analyst estimate. Red Brown, a consumer reporter for Bloomberg News, says, a great piece out on the terminal today. I encourage everybody to go read it. It's about how the pricing menu add ons that were added over the last few months have misfired. The Ripple fries that were made with hand cut potatoes and air fried and avocado oil were removed from the menu just after five months due to being too complicated to make, and they were not.
Speaker 3: Ripple a really bad mummers. Huh is it ripple a really bad drink?
Speaker 4: I don't know the drink I think so.
Speaker 5: Sweekeren and fries just are strange myths overall, you know, all right, quick glance at yields, you could see little change right now. They were up, they were down, they're up again, and now they're kind of I mean, they're just all over the place. But we do have a big, big week in terms of issuance next week, one hundred and fifty billion dollars of threes, tens, and thirties, which will be shortened next week because of Veterans Day. So there's a lot of supply to absorb next week. Just something to keep in mind here because there's no official data that we're dealing with right now. We also have headlines coming out with Israel's outlook revised to stable from negative by SMP. And so if you look at the Israeli shekel, the dollar sinking to its session lows versus that currency. So the shekel is at its session highs in terms of strength, the dollars at session lows versus the shekel. So we'll continue to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 3: Carol, Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Carla.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's get to some stories that definitely have caught our attention. So as we are in the longest government shutdown thirty eight days in counting, we'll see whether or not, like we did see some movement today, but we'll see whether or not it comes to an end sooner rather than later.
Speaker 5: We are looking at.
Speaker 3: Different statistics to figure out what's going on in the economy. And here's an interesting story. A slump in cardboard box sales, stoking fears of weak holiday retail shopping season. US corrugated box shipments fell to the lowest third quarter reading since twenty fifteen. This according to data from the Fiber Box Association. Yes, there is one Factioning companies have warned that economic uncertainty is weighing on retailers and consumers, with box plants reporting tim flat or below normal orders in the month of October.
Speaker 4: Yeah events of corugated cardboard can serve as a demand indicator for food and consumer goods this time of year, though critical for the box industry because shipment's typically peaking October as retailers prepare for the holidays. So it gives us a good idea of or potentially could give us a good idea of, what demand could look like in the holiday season.
Speaker 2: This Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.