Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies.
Speaker 1: These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories, done done.
Speaker 2: Yay, that's messed up an sv podcast. We're here with another episode.
Speaker 1: My name is Lisa, my name is Kara, and you know what we do on this podcast. We talk SVW episodes true crimes are based on and not today, but starting next week we will have guests coming back after the strike. We're excited talking to some cool ass people, so stay tuned for that. Also a little announcement, we're not in the time machine anymore. I mean, we're always a little bit in a brief time machine because it's not like we'rever recording the day before we release episodes, but we will not have any more early release on Amazon and Wondery and all that stuff. So now we'll be recording pretty close to when the episode comes out, so you won't have to hire us talking about Halloween in December. So that's exciting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the seven of you who maybe listened early, but you're you're out of luck now.
Speaker 1: So and we just got back from an amazing time in Seattle at the Wet City Comedy Festival. That was so great. Thank you to everybody who came out in Seattle. We had a blast. We don't have any tour dates at the moment, but keep your little eyes perked up. And if you are interested in seeing Lisa perform, go to that's messed up live dot com that has a link in it to Lisa's link tree which has all of her times in it. So wow, if you want to set that up. Yeah, just changed our link tree because your website didn't really have anything, and so I changed your website so where it says Lisa's website, that will take you to all of Lisa's tour dates and you can go because that.
Speaker 2: Bitch is on the road. Websites are retro. Websites are retro. I don't know you have websites anymore. It's a tree. I still have tree, Like I don't really know why. I mean, I pay for the domain I have it. It's not updated, like I'd like to own whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do you go on anyone's website unless it's time for tour tickets for somebody, but I still just go to like a ticket mart, Like, yeah, I don't go on people's websites unless your name is Vulture dot com.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I get buzzed. Really, I guess we'll check to see if somebody is like legit if they have a website. But I don't know. It really depends. But I don't think that's the standard anymore. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think having a website means you're legit or not. I think you have to have millions of followers, and that means you're actually legitimate, A legitimate person just follow I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I remember when I first started comedy, like getting a business card was thing you would do.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh I oh, I've had multiple business cards, like a little cartoon graphic of me on it that says caraclink dot com has all my social handles on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I bet you made a card before you even had socials?
Speaker 1: Maybe did you not? No, I don't remember. But my first website, a friend made it for me. Like anytime I had to update it, she had to go in there and like recode. I was like this is terrible, Like thank God for like Squarespace. This isn't even like an ad for Squarespace, but they should sponsor us because I do use them. But like, there was a time where I was really using my website for show like dates and stuff, and now it's just like, yeah, Instagram, everything's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Well it's so wild because the girl Tyler Fetter who made my first business cards and i'd buy art from her very young, she doesn't even take really commissions anymore because she's a fucking child's book author. Oh, like she illustrates and writes books, and like I hit her up for something, I'm like, do you do this anymore?
Speaker 1: And she's like, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: But I found her like way back in the day, over a decade ago, and I just loved all her art and yeah, Tyler Fetter, Well now I'm on her.
Speaker 1: Website, so yeah, they do work, I guess, because now I want to know what she writes in case, oh I've seen bodies are cool? Yeah, yeah, yeah cool. That's the girl who made my first business card. Can you believe it? Can you even believe that has a book called All of or she illustrated a book called All about Volva's and Vaginas and all about penises. Love that.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is great. Yeah, she's like a cool person. But she would make greeting cards and i'd get people.
Speaker 1: Like pets.
Speaker 2: Actually, our friend has one that I made for her birthday, Like I just made. I would, I would commission for her work all the time. I loved Tyler Fetter, So just shout out to her. And she didn't know that that was going to happen.
Speaker 1: She has a little book that's called Are You Mad at Me? And I don't know what's on the cover. It looks like a little ostrich and it's so cute and it's like about kids' anxieties and I love that. Oh my god, shout out to the school who I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the future of kids are just gonna be like I just can't wait to see their emotional intelligence. I'm already seeing the difference of how kids are raised.
Speaker 1: But it is just so good.
Speaker 2: And I don't understand the people that are like in my day and it's like, yeah, you cried in a corner in silence, like I don't. I don't know why they fantasized about like, well, we didn't have participation trophies.
Speaker 1: Sophie buttle as a funny joke.
Speaker 2: She goes, well, I actually participated, so I don't know what the confusion was.
Speaker 1: Like what I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just like I don't get the attachment to harshness or to a harsh life, or well, the world's gonna be tough, so don't baby your kid.
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, who else is gonna baby your kid? Yeah? Yeah, like I'm I had them to baby them. But like, my kids will be wilding out in a walgreen, the people will be looking at me, and I'm like, yeah, we're not allowed to hit them. Sorry, we just can't hit them, like, you know, like I didn't do a ton of shit my parents asked me to do because I knew my dad would smack me, and like they just can't do that anymore. So not that I want to, Jesus, I don't want to, but sometimes I just have to let them wild out in the walgreens, you know, get it out of their sister. And there's all kinds of different like techniques and shit, you know, but just.
Speaker 2: Talking, I mean, I felt loved like I I you know, I my parents are great, but there there was a moment when I first started therapy years ago where my therapist asked me when things were wrong with you as a kid or something happen, who did you talk to And it hit me that it was nobody. Yeah, And I was like, oh my god, I didn't talk to anybody about anything that was bothering me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: No wonder I isolate now, Like it's so clear to me that now if something is wrong, I like don't leave my house for days and don't want to talk to anyone and like hide and the covers. But then just one quick connection where I was like, oh, yeah, if something if someone was like mean to me or I cried or as embarrassed or anything, I would never tell my parents. I would never tell my sister. I would never tell anybody. Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I remember talking to my mom about people hurting my feelings like at school and stuff like that. But like, if I did something wrong, I would take it to the grave. I would lie. I would just like I was so scared of getting in trouble all the time that I was like, I just like I'm trying to tell Rosie, like even if you did something wrong, please tell me, like we'll figure it out together, and I'm not gonna punish you, you know, because like that's what you want. Yeah, and you know that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Like you shouldn't yeah, like you shouldn't yell if your kid tells you something, because then why would they tell you the next time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: But then I always see people arguing in comments of stuff and like discussions about this where it's like, well you need a punish and it's like this punitive attitude.
Speaker 1: It's just not positive, and I well, I'm glad differences is like people think that there's either punitive like screaming punishment, or there's gentle parenting, which is let your kid do whatever the fuck they want, and there's a middle ground. Like a lot of people don't like gentle parenting. I don't like general parenting. It's too much for me, like to be fucking calm like that all the time. I can't do it. Like, but there's they're also liars. Yeah, but there's like so many ways where like you can draw boundaries and even though you're saying like you like I'm not gonna be able to let you have this right now because you're throwing it and that's gonna hurt somebody, and I get that that sucks for you, you know what I mean. It's like all this ways of like I am sort of punishing you. You don't get the toy you want, but I'm not like go to your room, or like yesterday I tried to tell Oscar he did something so crazy and I go, well, now you're not gonna have dessert, and Jared was like, remember that, that's so far away from what he did. Dessert is in an hour. He's not gonna remember what he did. And I was like, you're right, Like, and that's the shit they teach us on all these Instagram accounts. I just forgot, like you know because in the moment, I'm like, well, you just threw something at my head, like I have to punch. I have to give you some kind of consequence. Anyway, this is a parenting blog, now, a parenting podcast, apparenting blog. Oh my god, well I'm not even a parent, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm just watching from the sidelines and realizing that, like I was just going through my whole adolescence.
Speaker 1: In silence, and I'm a talker, I'm a chatter.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's so strange and I don't because I remember once I called my parents during pandemic lockdown and I was crying. I was like, you know, worried about my whatever. And all my dad kept saying is, never cry. Don't you cry, You'll never have to cry.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, you don't. You don't get it. But I get where his say. I get where he's coming from. He doesn't. He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's in a position where he's like, I want to make sure you never have to cry. It's like, I don't know. I cry, yeah, yeah, to tell you. But yeah, I just I wish this isn't an original thing. Where's this from where it's like I wish I could go back and like hold my like like hold our parents when they were little alone.
Speaker 1: I know, oh my god. Yeah, Like to this day, there's there'll be people in my family that have like cancer, and I'll be like, mom, and we talked to aunt so and so about that. She's like, no, we're like, and I'm like, we're just leaving it alone. We're just not mentioning it. Like there's you know, her side of the family is like Catholic and has all kinds of like don't talk about it shit, over there too, you know. Yeah, the Catholics really hate to talk. Yeah, they really really they love to keep stuff inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there are pedophiles. Why else would you instill a code of silence if it wasn't to make sure people didn't talk about what you're up to.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I don't know. I mean like, I don't know. I don't know why it's baked in like that.
Speaker 2: So like hard, Casey's waving the flags, waving the flag.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the people who came to our New York show. By the way, this reminds us we had a group of people that get thro a New York show. They were so fun and and actually one of them has been on SVU, he's been a part on SVU. But they brought us these sweatshirts, beautiful material, beautiful quality, heavy sweatshirts that say the jizz is a match, which is something Lisa said on an episode from last month, and on the back of it it says, we got to start Casey's waving the flag. So these sweatshirts are getting more and more specific. And we appreciate all of the gifts you guys have brought to us. I don't think you guys, realize how often I am making a friendship bracelet with my daughter that you guys brought for them, or feeding them snacks that you brought to like package snacks. I don't take baked goods, thank you though, like except we took one.
Speaker 2: We took one homemade item, but she was wearing glitter pants and we just trusted it so.
Speaker 1: Well because we.
Speaker 2: Loved our chocolate covered fredos in Cleveland so much from susan El chocolate tears that someone in New York made us their own chocolate covered face.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and they made us chocolate covered oreos. It was amazing. So everything you guys bring us is like amazing and we appreciate.
Speaker 2: But also no pressure because sometimes we will come to our lives shows.
Speaker 1: And be like I'm sorry I didn't bring.
Speaker 2: You or I left this, and like you don't have you do have to anything at all at all. But you know, gift giving is my love language, so it's like I'm happy to receive it never necessary.
Speaker 1: And if you have a loved one in your life and you want to give them a little hint to Reno about something to give you for the upcoming Valentine's Day, which I think is kind of a bullshit holiday, but if you celebrate, I've let our cute little get our cute little college sweatshirt that we have on our merch shop. It's running out. We only have a couple dozen left of the little It says it's that that's messed up like collegiate sweatshirt, and then it says ambitious and tipsy in the center, and it's super cute. It's very soft. I just got mine yesterday. I'll be posting a photo of myself in it very soon. Did you get yours, Lisa to come? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like too small of a package. I haven't been opening my packages in months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty. It's packed up, pretty compact. So I have it. I'll put it on head on over to That's messed Up live dot com and that has the link to our merch shop where you can buy that. There's also a few of the purple sweatshirt left, and when the purple sweatshirt goes, it's gone. So if you've been wanting to get yourself the purple sweatshirt, we're only selling that until we're done. And Lisa and I wear that on like every flight that we take pretty much.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and if you're listening to it the day it comes out, one sixteen, it's my dad's birthday and Jared's birthday.
Speaker 1: Big birthday for some of the men in our lives, our Capricorn our Capricorn men, it's their birthday. And I don't know what I'm gonna get them, but I know, I'm like, I don't really get Jared anything, but I'm taking them to a steakhouse. That's always what I do. I take him to steak And then our producer, cases is on the seventeenth, so tomorrow, well we'll be doing a birthday post for you on the Instagram, Casey, so you'll get some birthday love. Don't you worry, don't you worry. Listen, you know, on the new Year.
Speaker 2: It is twenty twenty four as we record this, and you know, I just feel really lucky to have the podcast, and yeah, yeah, it just seems it feels great to be able to have this podcast, and we really love.
Speaker 1: We love it, and we're excited for exciting more things in twenty twenty four with this pod. Baby's yeah, but I have no goals, so that's really cool. It's like we'll see what happens in twenty twenty four. But I have absolutely no goals. No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I do have one goal for the year, once I get my new apartment and everything. My goal is I would like to host. I would like to have people over. I want to be able to I want cout chains. I want to maybe host to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: My goal is to create an environment that I want people to come over to. Okay, I will.
Speaker 2: That is my goal for the twenty twenty four year. Other than that, nothing, I.
Speaker 1: Would say we have a little podcast goal in that we are going we like So if you guys saw we made a pretty fun little TikTok video of our SVU fans TikTok video, which, in my opinion, Marishka Argata and the cast copied it because I don't know why they didn't just do one that said we're SVU detectives. Instead they did we're SVU fans, and that's exactly what we did, so I felt like it was they took inspiration from us. But we are going to try to do more like fun TikTok videos. If you think there's a trend, you think it'd be fun for us to do send it to us, but follow our TikTok. It's a little bit hard on TikTok to find shit, So ours is called not that's messed up there, because what's hilarious is if you put that in, you just get a lot of really fucked up videos. So we are an SVU podcast. That's our username on TikTok and SVU podcasts. So just the second part of our podcast name. So go follow us and like I don't know, tell us what fucking little dances we should be doing, because we're down to do some cool TikTok shit. Yeah that's a good goal too.
Speaker 2: We want to make fun trending SVW content and I would like to post gatherings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and I those have to finish a lot of projects that I've started. But I need to spend I need to my I'm working on this with my therapists. I need to spend more time doing a little bit more self care. And I know that sounds like really woo woo, but like I have to not just like block my day off all day long with like work and then stuff to do for my kids and this and that, and like try well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if this is I don't know if this therapist is the first person.
Speaker 1: To do no no, no, no, no no, But she and I are actively working on it. She's trying to hold me accountable. Oh no, no. Many people have said that I just need to like, you know, I'm trying to not lose my mind. But let's get started because we have a great episode for you today, one I've been wanting to do since the beginning. It's a hot one. Okay, today we are doing dependent one of my faves. Uh Season eight, episode fourteen. This Little Baby came out in two thousand and seven, early two thousand and seven, just like this one is one of those ones that feels like a movie to me, you know, like lots of interesting sort of like Twisti's and stuff. So we open on a father and his young son walking down the city sidewalk. It's nighttime, and the dad is Carrie Elwist. We got to call it out right away. You know him from tons of shit. I didn't even realize what an icon of my childhood he is until I went to his IMDb. Like he's had a huge career. Princess Bride, I would say, was his big breakout role. He's been in Hot Shots and Robinhood Men and Tits, like back, did you used to like those movies like naked gun type movies, like those parody movies, like they were always based on like hot Shots is based on top Gun and Robinhood Men in Tights is based on Robinhood Prince of Thieves and like. But they were all just like these goofy Why they don't make movies like this anymore? I think these are the movies that led to like scary movie and stuff like that, but they just don't make them like this anymore. And I'm obsessed with these kind of movies. I thought they were the funniest things ever. When I was younger, I knew them better, like Spaceballs, I knew better than Star Wars, like I knew all these parody movies better than their originals. And he was like a king of like these funny movies. And Princess Bride is a comedy as well, so that made sense.
Speaker 2: Well, and he's Diane Neil's favorite guest star that shows.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, it's like her crush. And they had like a moment, yes, and she kept wanting him to say, like as you wish or whatever. Yeah, and like but then he's he does other shit, like he's very versatile. He was in the movie Kiss the Girls bram Stokers, Dracula the Crush with Alicia Silverstone, which is kind of like a poison ivy type movie and Liar Liar. He also plays a character named David Luckner and Seinfeld, does that mean anything to you? I can't remember. I should have. I should have written down the episode. I didn't write down the episode cells and sure, wait he's British. Yeah, I didn't know he was British. Oh yeah, carry all was this British? Oh my god? Which is what's so funny because I think he's really putting on an accent in this like he's really trying to be a New Yorker in this episode. And it's quite funny.
Speaker 2: So he's in season seven the wait Out. He took extreme exception to remark that George Costanza made about him in Beth. He made the same remark when he and Alan saw George was Susan. I think it's the oh you can do way better. Oh well, yeah, it's with Zebra messing like they're yes, they're married to each other and George jokingly is like, ah, you can do better than this guy, and it kind of fucks with their relationship and then at the end they try to fuck George over, but George never wants to be with Susan, so he's like thrilled to have a fork in it.
Speaker 1: Wait, so this guy's really no and he's in the original Saw and he was in the lightest Mission Impossible. So yeah, he's like still working constantly and like he's had a career that spanned decades, so very accomplished.
Speaker 2: And he's hot now, like he's hot, he's been hot for a while.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, he looks good. I would say he did this SVU kind of during a lull, but then he like a full comeback, like I think with Saw and like Mission Impossible and stuff, like he's back, but I think he was like away for a little while and this was like his like one of his comeback or his lull rolls when he was in this and he's talking to his little son walking down the street, whose name is Tommy. If you haven't been, if you're new to the podcast, there's a conspiracy that too many characters are named Tommy, and there are many many, and one of our listeners is keeping track and has sent us a huge list.
Speaker 2: I have a favorite Tommy. He's not it, but this is a cute Tommy as well. Yeah, you know, yeah, this Tommy is cute.
Speaker 1: I like him. And they're like, the dad's like, why didn't your friend's parents just call your mom to come get you? And he's like, well, the phone just kept ringing and ringing, dad and she and they're like oh. The dad's like she must be asleep, which you know in SVU that's probably never the case. So then the kid pulls the when are you coming back to live with us, daddy question, and the dad's like soon, so done done. There's some kind of domestic tension going on in this family. I don't know if they're divorced or separated. We don't know the answer yet. So he's carrying the boy inside and he's explaining, you know, even though me and your mom aren't together, you know, we love you very much, right, And he's like, can you stay over tonight? And the dad's like, how about I tuck you in, tell you your favorite story, And then out of nowhere, while they're chatting, something glass smashes over the head of Carrie ELWSS. He falls to the ground, and when I tell you, this gave me an actual jump scare. I was watching this in bed and I went, like I truly gasped, And even though I've seen the episode probably seven times and was expecting something to happen, the glass shattering on him really made me like scared last night when I was rewatching it. And then the little boy runs away, screaming, runs to his mom's bedroom, tries to wake her. All we see is him shaking like a lifeless arm because she's covered in a comforter. It's really horrible. This is like so traumatic for this little boy. That's why I feel like it's like a movie, because the opening is really like trauma and like feels graphic. So the little boy runs the other way, shuts himself into another area of this very beautiful, spacious apartment, and locks the door, and we see Carrie Elvis on the ground, bleeding alive like he's moaning a little bit, and we see from his blurry point of view we can see a figure just standing in the hallway, but we can't make it out. And then the kid presses some kind of panic button and we hear an alarm go off, so cut to Melinda telling Bangs, Benson and forehead Stabler that the dad's name is Sidney Truex and is still unconscious. Benson is rocking, Bangs, Stabler's forehead is popping, and Live is like Sidney Truex, the mob attorney, because you know, like everybody knows everybody in this show, you mean him of the ball bearing fortune. So they follow Melinda into the bedroom where they have a very graphic body reveal of Tommy's mom. They're like she was raped, sodomized, and bludgeon and then they like take the comforter off and you're just like, yeah, I can see where all those injuries happened. There's just like blood everywhere. She's like lying there like eyes open, very just dead. And Melinda goes and makes it worse and says, not only is this a horror, horrific scene, but this woman slowly bled to death, so don't worry. It didn't happen quickly. So no DNA was found on her because the object used to sexually assault her was a candlestick, which they hold up and show that it's really really graphic. As Stabler Stabler goes sounds like this guy has anger issues and it's like takes one to no one. And there's a partial bloody print from a tennis shoe on the carpet. That's like pretty much one of the only pieces of evidence they found. Another person that lives in the home is Charlotte, the sixteen year old daughter, but she is not home at the moment, and Daddy Stabler's like at one am, and the brother said she was spending the weekend at a friend's house. So Tommy is pretty traumatized, they say, and duh, but they held off talking on him until SVU got there, so they go talk to him. He's super cute, this kid. He's just like staring off into space, looking so like upset, and no child is like a bowl cut. Yeah yeah, yeah, but of course no child can resist Olivia Bens's patented tell me what you saw speech. He said, a monster hurt my daddy, and then we cut to the credits. So now at the top of act one, we're at the priestinct. Craigan shows up in black tie. Benson immediately rips on and what no top hat? And it turns out he was at a city councilman daughter's wedding and Daddy Craigan got pulled out of the after party for updates on this case, and I'm like, Craigan, you're out at a wedding after party at two am. What's going on? So they're talking about motive. Plenty of mob people could want to get back at Sydney. Could be someone that came for him and didn't know that they were separated, so they were actually looking for Sydney. Does anyone have a grudge against the mom? And they're like, she's a pharmaceutical sales rep. Doesn't seem like there'd be a ton of enemies there. Hard to run a background check on the family at this hour, and the daughter is still unaccounted for. Finn figures out the friend that Charlotte might be staying with, so at the apartment of said friend, the girl is like, no, she left before I woke up. I don't know where she went. And the mom shows up and blows up her whole story and it's like, uh, stop lying to the police. Charlotte wasn't here and she is no longer allowed in our home. And they're like what's up? And the mom's like she used to be nice, but she started lying and skipping school. She's probably on drugs. And the daughter's like, mom, shut up, and the mother is like, she doesn't even like your ass. She just uses you as a cover story. And then as they're leaving, the daughter's like, listen, Charlotte's not a bad person. It's her mom, because clearly they both hate their moms for, like, you know, being moms. This girl reveals that Charlotte has a boyfriend named Ryan Beckford, but that Charlotte's mom hates him won't let her date him, and that's why she has to lie. And where does he live? And she immediately knows. I wonder if this is true in New York, that all the kids just know the names of the buildings where other kids in their class live. He lives at the Packard on First Avenue. So they show up to this apartment. Ryan answers the door shirtless. He looks familiar this actor, so I look him up and he was on Guiding Light for like one hundred episodes, but he doesn't act that much anymore. And now he's a professional organizer. He says, he's a personal organizer to the stars with a business called the OCD experience, which I'm sure people with actual OCD don't appreciate, but I thought that was an interesting little fun fact about this guy. He wants to know like a million trouble and he's like, Charlotte's sixteen and I'm nineteen, so there's nothing illegal. And they're like, where are your parents? And he's like in Saint Bart's and his apartment. Of course the parents are in St. Bart's. This apartment has like insane views, like gorgeous views, which if he's on First Avenue, I'm assuming this is just views of Queens and Brooklyn. And he calls to Charlotte. He's like, babe, come down here. She comes down a spiral staircase in a New York apartment, just to continue to add how nice it is. And she's like, ay, let me guess my dumb parents sent you. And they tell her there's been an accident and she's like, yeah, right, it's a trick. My parents are psychos who fake accidents to get me to stop dating my boyfriend. And this actor is Emily van Camp. She is a Canadian actress who I discovered on the show Brothers and Sisters, which was like an ensemble drama where she actually plays the secret daughter of Tom Scarrett, who we've had on the podcast. And I think a lot of people also know her for starring in Revenge, which as a show I've never seen one minute of, but I know people were really obsessed with it. That to me seemed like a show that was like Scandal pre Scandal, like a good soapy nighttime show about like family dynamics and crazy, you know, probably crimes happening and stuff like that. What's wild about her? She's okay.
Speaker 2: She was in a show called Everwood, eighty nine episodes Brothers and Sisters. Yeah, seventy five episodes, eighty nine episodes of Revenge, and then seventy six episodes of a show called The Resident.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying, this is where does she find the time? Miss? She's so famous, but she only has twenty nine credits because she's always just the star. She's always just a series regular and something that lasts for like ten seasons.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe she's been a series regular of over like four shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you don't see that like all the time. Like I think most people are lucky to get one show like that. And she just seems like she kind of got discovered Ever Would and then like that's where she was in something else before ever Would. That I think was her actual discovery. But you know, just going to do tons and the Resident I think just ended last year, so she's working, probably getting so much money in like I don't know. I don't think Brothers and Sisters plays in residuals, but like the Resident might or Revenge might like play in other countries or play on cable. Who knows. So that this is Emily van camp I again, I know her as a Brother's and Sister's Gal, which was famously a show I stuck with for a long time and eventually had to give up, even though I'm very loyal to shows. The detectives are like, throw a bra on and come with us, and she's like no, And then Stabler cuts to the chase and is like your dad's in the hospital and your mom's dead, and it's really wild. He just like is like, all right, this little brat's not gonna come with us. I'm just going to tell her what's up, and I'm okay with that. Like she's being annoying. Yeah, the balls on all these kids yeah. She looks like shook, shocked, but not like upset, Like she's not immediately crying. She's just like And the boyfriend's like, oh, babe, let me come with you. You shouldn't be alone. She goes, no, stay here, I gotta go be with my brother. So now at the precinct, Charlotte busts in like Tommy, I'm here, and he bolts screaming, get away for me, get away for me. So she's like, what's wrong with him? And Huang is like, oh, he's just traumatized, and she says that they have an aunt in Riverdale they could stay with, and when asked about enemies, she's like, come on, half the city hates my dad's guts because of all these cases he does. He's like a mob like he defends mob people. So we find out that he hired a PI recently Sydney because their home had been graffiti. They'd had their trash gone through and like spread out all over the place, bags of shit on fire in front of their home, swasaka's on the front of their house, and then the family cat was missing and showed up in pieces on their doorstep, and they show like a bunch of boxes like they shipped, like they mailed the cat or something or left it on boxes on their doorsteps. Sorry, I know we have a lot of cat listeners the trigger warning a cat we never see has been killed by the mob. So now we're talking to a mob specialist, I guess, and he's like, oh, yeah, my top guest would be Luccio Ricci. He's a sicko. His dad was Sydney's client, but Sydney lost a big racketeering case for the dad and then the FEDS took everything they had and Luccio blamed Sydney for everything. So like, take a look at this hate mail that we have from him, and it's like this whole letter that's like I'm going to kill your family, I hate you, blah blah blah. And the handwriting is a match because this this mob specialist detective or whatever has done a handwriting analysis. So they're like, well, why haven't you gone after him if he's doing all this stuff, And they're like, Sidney wouldn't let us. He felt bad that he didn't get the dad off, that the dad got convicted, and so he's like, yeah, let Luccio have his little temper tantrum. But you know, they're like, where can we find him? He hangs out at San Marco Hall in Little Italy, which is funny because I don't really know if the mob actually hangs out in Little Italy that much anymore. But they go into this place and it's very sopranos Isi there. Okay, it's very like I'm very much getting like a Sopranos vibe. Luccio like, oh, that scumbag lawyer. I never touched a hair on his head. I was just playing like he admits to doing all these like sort of pranky things. Unfortunately the cat was a victim. But he's like, if someone says I heard him, I'm being framed. I never did anything to him or his family. You just ask him and they're like, well we will, because they had just gotten a phone call and he's awake. So at the hospital, Sydney has a Liza Fave and all the way around the head bandage on, and they're telling him don't worry, Tommy wasn't hurt, and they're like, well, what's but they're asking him like what's up with all these threats? And he goes, oh, you mean, Luccio, he's like, yeah, I know about those, but when I moved out of the apartment, the threat stopped. He goes, you think he killed my wife? And he says, I don't remember anything. The doctors are saying I might have temporary memory loss. He remembers walking Tommy up and then feeling a terrible pain and he must have blacked out, and when he opens his eyes, he says, I saw and then he hesitates. There's like a long pause. Music is swelling, and then he says he saw his running down the hallway. It was Charlotte, she killed her mother. But he goes mother, he's trying really hard to do a New York accident. It's very funny. It was Charlotte, she killed a mother. That's the end of act one. Done Done. So now they're talking to Charlotte at the precinct and she's like, I told you I wasn't home that night, and they're like, yeah, but your father saw you and she's like he's a lawyer, he lies for a living. And then they're like, well, what's your relationship like with him? And she's like, well, it's fine. We get along fine because he's never home and he's not around. And then they're like, what about your mom, And she's like, well, her idea of parenting was locking me up so she didn't have to deal with me. I had to lie because she hated my boyfriend for no reason and would't let us be together. So she says, we went out that night to a friend's place. I got pretty wasted. Then we left and went back to Ryan's place and I was there until you guys woke us up. And she's like, we need names from the party, and she's like, I'm not dragging my friends into this a whole my mom brutally got murdered thing, you know, like that's not for them, and then lives like, you better make a list, bitch, before we question every kid in the school. And so we cut to a series of interviews that are true comedy, Like they're all these teens and they're like all with creepy smiles plastered on their faces, just lying like no, actually, officer, I was babysitting all night. Like cut to a kid being like I was writing a paper, and like they were all just saying whatever bullshit they were doing on Friday night. And then this other girl they talked to goes I was at a movie with another girl and they're like, well, that girl said she was babysitting and she goes, oh, I was watching a movie with her at the babysitting job. And they're like, bitch, it's over, like stop, and she's like, fuck, I knew we were gonna get caught. We had a party and like she sings like a canary, She's like there was a party, you know whatever. And then now we're with all the psycho kids that were all lying, and they're all on the steps like thanks for ratting us out sues. And then they're like, we want to know what Charlotte did that night, and one kid says, oh, baby blues valum and one kid's like they just meant, like what she did, They didn't mean like what drugs. Stop giving out too much information to the cops. So now they've moved all of these four kids to a classroom and one kid admits, yeah, the valume was my mom's. It was a farm party, not farm with an f farm with a pH. Everybody puts random pills in a bowl and you take what you want. I have never heard of that, but I do know my brother used to take my mom's pharmaceuticals and just bring them to parties and they would just see what happens. But I don't think it was grab bag, like let's just like see what we pop in. That feels like reckless, even for teens to like just not even know what you're putting in. And then a kid in a backwards newsboy cap was like, yeah, I took adderall it keeps you up. And I can guarantee he was the most annoying person to talk to at that party for sure. And they all say what they took, like I was doing this, I was taking that, blah blah blah. And then they're like, what were Charlotte and Ryan doing? And they were like, oh, they were skittling. That's over the counter cold tablets. They look like candy. You take a bunch of those and you're flying, I think, especially also if you drink with it. And then they said Ryan also took oxy. Charlotte said she was going to go home, but who knows where she was going. She could barely stand, and Stabler's like, you guys are lucky you didn't die, and the redheaded girl goes, it's medicine from a doctor. It's not like we're taking crack or heroin. And I do kind of love that this show is tackling this because I think that the oxy coton thing like got more big in the twenty tens. This episode is from like oh seven, you know, like people just like I don't know that people knew that we were in such a pharmaceutical epidemic at that time yet, and the show I'm like opposite.
Speaker 2: I trust street drugs way more than a pharmaceutical company, right right, because.
Speaker 1: You just don't know, Like some people die taking the drugs they were supposed to take, like they just took it with the wrong other drug. Like We've heard of so many people like that where it's like completely innocent. They weren't even trying to get fucked up. They were just taking their regular medicine and they didn't realize that if you take it with X for a muscle thing, it could fuck you up. So I am totally the opposite, Like, but it is funny how this girl is like it's from a doctor, it can't hurt you. And now Benson and Stabler are having a chili alfresco walk and talk with Huang and they're like saying, how Charlotte was on cold meds and valium. That's not exactly going to throw you into a rage, and Live says, well, maybe she went home to grab more drugs and the mom has samples because the mom's a farmer rep So Huang says, they checked the whole house, but they forgot the basement, which he just seems to remember that they did that, which is great for the television program because now we can just cut to the detectives. In the basement, there's a huge mess of pills, papers and shit are everywhere, Like it's just like a pile of pills in the middle of the room, which like shit strewn about, like this place got ransacked. Huang says, any combo of these pills could make you violent. The more pills she popped, the more violent she'd get. Then our girl Lisa La Pira pops up and she's like, we might be able to figure out what exactly they took. Boom, there's peep in the body. Okay, there is urine in one of the toilets, and they're going to test that shit and see what's up. So Melinda says, there's no DNA from the toilet situation, but the but the urine was positive for benzos, opiates, and cold pills, but the pills wouldn't have hit her so quickly. Melinda says that she didn't have time to metabolize them. But her blood alcohol was point two five, so she was extremely wasted, Like that's very very drunk, Like point one is like you can't drive, and point two five is like two and a half times that. So she was wasted enough to attack her mom and not understand, Melinda says. And so then they go talk to Charlotte again and she goes, there's no way I went home. I would never go home. I was high and my mom would kill me. So I went to Ryan's and they're like, no, you needed a pit stop once the candy bowl was dry. Your mom caught you and you beat her to death. And she's like, I think I would remember that. And then they're like, well, do you remember what you were wearing? And she was like, yeah, it's all at Ryan's, like jeans, a T shirt, my green sweater. So now we're at Ryan's seeing Stabler gather up all the clothes and then he finds her tennis shoe and boom, it has blood on the bottom of it. It gets tested and it was her mother's blood. They put the shoe in front of her and she's like, holy fuck, I was there. I don't remember it. But then she goes, I did it. I killed my mom, and then out of nowhere, punches her arm through the two way glass in the fish bowl that we call it, like the one way glass, I'm sorry, like the glass that they look at through the interrogation. Just puts her little sixteen year old arm right through it. And I don't know how strong that glasses, if a teen can just fucking punch right through it. But now her arm is badly cut and bleeding. Craig, I also don't.
Speaker 2: Believe that she doesn't remember or know anything, because like you would try to hide that evidence, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, would like leave a bloody tennis shoe. It's like, your dad's a lawyer. You've picked up some stuff about how to defend your like about how to hide your crimes. I'm sure you know. So Craigan calls a bus and calls it an attempted suicide, which seems like a stretch to me, Like I think she was just freaking out and punched the thing. I don't know that she necessarily thought that I was going to end her life. But you know Craigan categorizing it. Top of Act three, they're at the hospital Sydney. Trux is there. He's now he's just he's downgraded from around the head bandage to just one big bandage on his forehead. And he's like screaming at the cops, what did you do to my daughter? You interrogated her without a lawyer. She is in no sense detective, Like the accent is so wild. I do love. He's just trying to cover up his Britishness and he says, They're like, you said you saw her there, and he goes, I had a head injury. I don't know what I saw. You better stay away from her. And they're like she's going to Rikers and he goes, oh, my dead body. So now we cut to Sydney Walk and talk with dian Neale aka Casey Novak and Kate. You know, this is a huge moment for dian Neil if you can go back and watch it and imagine how giddy she is that she's getting to walk with this man that she loves, and Casey is like begging him like, do not represent your own daughter in court. That is a bad idea. And he's like, no, I'm going to do it. And he's like and I'm gonna win. He's like, my daughter is a repress drug addict who needs help, not prison, and and he says, the jury's gonna see her as a victim. And Casey's like not after they see the crime scene pictures and hear how Charlotte sodomized her own mother with a candlestick, Like this is not gonna go great. And he's like, well, I'm going for a not guilty by mental disease or defect defense and Casey's like, all right, we'll let Huang interviewer. So cut to Huang talking to Charlotte in the hospital where she's recovering from her glass punching incident. She says she and her mother never had a relationship because the mother never had time for her. And it's like, okay, I get the herb's pharmaceutical rep. But like, my friend's a pharmaceutical rep and she's a single mom of two. She's a great mom. Like I don't know if it's like, you know, everything in SVU is the most high powered pharmaceutical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like, oh, she doesn't have time for me, but also if I came home high, she would kill me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like wishes yea, yeah, yeah, Well it sounds like maybe she's one of these moms that's like doesn't really pay a lot of attention to the kid and spend quality time, but just throws out a lot of rules and doles out a lot of like you know, boundary, but like doesn't give back the other, like the loving part of the relationship. But you know, I'm not blaming a victim here. I'm just saying from what I'm gathering. No, you're saying she deserved to die. I'm saying she deserved to die in a horrible, bloody way and have her son dangle her lifeless arm trying to wake her up. Now, of course not, I just it's also not a real person. But you know what I'm saying. She says they were always fighting and they're like about what, And she's like, what what do you want? Like teen shit, curfews, clothes, smoking, parties, boys, everything, And she said the fights got worse as she got older and she started fighting back. She's like, well, did it ever get physical? She's like well, she threw a pile of dirty clothes at me and said that I couldn't go out until I did my laundry. I'm like, that's hardly feels like physical, like a pile of dirty clothes. Those are soft. She said her mom blocked her when she tried to get by her, and then she pushed her out of the way and she fell down the stairs. So the mom said she popped a few viked in and she was fine. But then last month, the mom smacked her for taking money out of her wallet. She said she hit her back and that stopped her, and she said she never laid a hand on me again. So I don't know. I wonder if the mom would have gotten more abusive. But uh Huang tells Casey that the mother and daughter had a volatile relationship that turned violent long before the attack. This but it seems like it was only a month ago and it was one slap. I don't know if I can count the laundry, but maybe there was other stuff. This plus drugs were lethal. The rage was there even and the drugs would have exacerbated that. And so Huang says she learned how to use violence to her benefit, like a while ago. She learned that violence is what got her what she wanted. So then Novak says, now I can't accept the insanity plea that I know that there's this history of violence. Then she gets a phone call. She's like Novac sex crimes. She listens for one second and goes, this changes everything that was Warner. She double checked the yearine they found and done done. It's from a man. So Ryan must have been with her. Let's see if Tommy can I d him. So we cut to this little bowl cut cutie looking at headshots of deadbeats, and when he sees Ryan's picture, he goes, that's him. That's the monster who hurt my daddy. It's interesting that Tommy wouldn't know what Ryan looked like anyway, like just from dating the sister for a little while. Maybe I don't think he was allowed in the house. I don't Yeah, yeah, yeah. So Benson and Stabler go find Ryan. He runs. He's coming out of his apartment building. They're like, Ryan, he runs, They chase him, and Stabler is a vision in denhim. Okay, he's got a full Canadian tuxedo on. Ryan tries to climb a fence. They fight. Ryan keeps throwing punches at Stabler, but eventually Stabler gives him one big punch in the face, gets him down on the ground to cuff him. When he turns him over to cuff him, he realizes that he's gone limp and he's like, turns him back over and he's like Ryan. Ryan tries to get he's totally unconscious. He starts to administer CPR, but then Live shows up because she's tried to head him off a different way, so Lived has not seen the entire attack, but she gets there as the cuffing is happening, and liv takes his pulse and is like he's dead, and Stabler looks panicked rightfully, so because like he didn't mean to kill you get the impression. At the scene, Melinda's asking Live questions while Craigan asks Elliott questions. Everyone is confused. Lives like, I never saw Elliott use a choke hold, but I saw Ryan throw a ton of punches at Elliott. And then he's telling Craigan what happened. When our pal Bobby Burke shows up. That's John Robert Burke aka Tucker from IAB walks up. Stabler's like here comes the rat squad, so we know IAB gets involved. You know shit's about to get real. So cuts to an almost pitch black interrogation room, like they have not paid their light bill at IAB. Tucker and Stabler are in the dark, staring at each other like with they truly light Tucker and act like he is Darth Vader. Yeah, it is just the doom and gloom is coming. They give him one of the craziest arcs on that show ever, because then you just like love him by the time he dies. Spoiler alert if you're only on season eight. Tucker is laying into Stabler about how all these witnesses saw you beat Ryan, and Stabler's calm. He's like, no, I restrain him after he attacked me. I used no unnecessary force. And he's like, he got five punches in on me, and then I punched him back once and then you know, Tucker's like, so all the witnesses are lying, and he's like, it's ten witnesses. That's not good and you should really control your temper, Detective, he says to him, and Tucker says, I can't risk someone with your anger issues on the street and suspends him. Stabler's like, I didn't kill that kid, and he goes, I'll let Melinda be the final word on that. So Melinda's doing her autopsy. She's literally pulling out organs, recording her notes with a microphone that suspended, so she kind of looks like she's doing a science y open mic, and Benson busts in like kind of breathless like Melinda, and Melinda's like, I can't talk to you about this, and lives like, well, do you know what happened? And she's like, he bled to death internally because his spleen was ruptured, and the only way his spleen could have been ruptured is from blunt force trauma. Now, I googled the spleen. I think I thought the spleen was like way down, sort of like where your abdomen is up higher. It's kind of like it looks like it's under your rib cage a little bit, like it's up much a higher in your body than I thought it was. Benson is standing up for Elliott, like he didn't beat him, you know that, Melinda, you know him? And Melinda's like, I know what the body tells me. I'm very uh, you know I'm not emotional about these things. She wants Elliot exonerated too, but the spleen is the only cause of death, and by homicide, and that's why how she's going to rule the music intensive eyes and lives like, well, if you can't prove he didn't murder anyone, I will so live and you know, Live has these like beautiful curtain bangs and ponytail. I do like this part of her hair journey. I really like this part. So liv goes to talk to Sidney Truex and she's like, listen, I need to talk to your daughter again, and he's like, she doesn't remember anything, and lives like, that's why I want to give her a sodium amatal interview. And that's also known as truth serum. They it's it's used sometimes, but it's not accepted by Quartz. And he's like, my daughter's a recovering drug addict. You want me to let her, let you pump her full of drugs to save your partner's ass. And she's like, well, if you'll recall, sir, your daughter is still charged with her mother's murder. So if Ryan is the killer, this will exonerate her as well, because right now the jury is going to see Ryan as a defenseless victim beaten by a cop, but Charlotte's testimony could swing the guilt back over to Ryan. And he tells liv Wow, you should have been a lawyer, because like he's guessing that's like Live's whole tack and it is. She's like, I have no hard proof. I need to prove that Ryan killed your wife. So we cut the wong, giving the sodium amateal interview to Charlotte. She's lying down, eyes closed. It sort of feels like, you know, it sort of feels like Audreanna's ketamine thing before she starts crying and going crazy. If you're a house kettemine is in. It's in. Oh and it's done been in. It's been in for a couple of years. I have a couple friends that do it regularly as therapy. So yeah, people are really experimenting with it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: I've heard kenemine and tried to reach the housewives that's mainstream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy. But ketamine and exus. I believe MDMA they're using for Like I had my friend who passed away a year or so ago, used MDMA in her like before, for a lot of her therapy to sort of like accept her, you know, her fate of like what was going to happen. And she told us a lot about her therapy doing that. It's interesting, like what some of these drugs can be used for good? Well, obviously kettyman is usually used to tranquilize a horse, but you know it's also used in parties. So Charlotte is lying there, still eyes closed, telling him quietly, calmly, everything about the evening of the murder. She remembers the party. She's mad at her mom because she said that her mom told her she has to break up with Ryan. That night, Ryan is xing, which I would assume main's ecstasy, but I don't think anyone's really brought that up yet, so maybe it means he's crossing like oxy. Oh oxy, it's probably oxy. He wants more drugs, but there aren't any, so he leaves and she follows him because he has her keys. But he gets in a cab and she doesn't have any money, so she walks home. The door is open when she gets there. She inside, Ryan is coming up from the basement with all these pill.
Speaker 2: Boxes, just a little hokey, this truth serum therapy. Yeah, it's really hard for me to get behind this.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit like you don't really know how to wrap it up, so you just kind of like unlock someone in the memory, you know. So she follows him upstairs. He says, give me the good stuff or I'll kill you. The mom sees Charlotte and says, I'm calling the cops, and then he drags the mother into the bedroom. Charlotte goes into the bedroom, her own bedroom, to lie down because she's so tired, but then she hears her mom screaming. Goes into her mother's bedroom. Ryan is on top of her, hitting her. There's so much blood. The screaming finally stops. Ryan has something shiny, clearly talking about the candlestick. He does horrible things to her. The door slams, and then she hears dad and Tommy are coming upstairs. She hears a crash. Her dad is on the ground. Tommy looks so scared. I want to help him, but he runs away. So this explains why Tommy was like, get the fuck away from me. But I wonder why Tommy never said Charlotte was there, Probably scared because it's his sister and she has access to him. I don't know. I feel like brothers and sisters love to taddle on each other, and if he had said she was there would have saved everybody a lot of time, and honestly, Ryan would probably still.
Speaker 2: But so like siblings having issues as if they're close in age, like this teen and this little boy aren't gonna I'm gonna tell you know, it's like different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because my sister's ten years.
Speaker 2: Older than me, and like a lot of people have a lot of physical violence with their siblings, and it's like it would be crazy if this teen was beating a young baby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, not beating, but just like scared of what she might do now that he's seen this violent thing. Like I don't know, Like I feel like the kid would have been like and Charlotte was there, and like maybe there could have been a thing where they were like, no, you didn't see Charlotte, like she couldn't have been there or something like they deny what he's saying, but like I think he would have said that she was there, but maybe I'm you know, he was very traumatized as well, so then she continues and says, I hear the alarm, but then we just leave and we go back to Ryan's. So the dad is hearing this whole thing, and he's stunned. Also, don't you have to think that Ryan was probably so psyched when he woke up in the morning and realized his girlfriend didn't remember a goddamn thing, Like he was probably like so about last night and she's like, yeah, that party was crazy, right, and he's like, cool, you don't remember anything, Like so, if Ryan did it, then why did Charlotte confess, live, asks Huang, and Huang's like, well, she was high. She has no conscious memory of the murder. She just felt guilty and she confessed and her blood was on the tennis shoes. She thought, oh, I must have done this. It is still pretty wild to confess something you have no memory of. But the dad is shocked and he was like, he was like, you know what, I was going to try to get her off of this, but even though deep down I thought she did do it. And I think he's just like happy and relieved to hear that she didn't do it. But he was like, I was going to use all my fucking law tricks to get her off, even if she is a cold blooded murderer who killed my wife and did horrific things with her body. So Casey are having another like late night chat that we've seen before. Casey's like, well, the sodium amtal interview is not admissible in court, but it's enough to convince me, so I'll drop the murder charge. Didn't realize that could happen. But IAB isn't going to ruin Elliott's career because some murder died in his custody. And a guy comes by and is like, Casey, turn on channel ten and then and there's cell phone footage of Stabler and Ryan's scuffle and it's on the news. Ryan's family wants Elliott charged with his murder because there's Saint Bart's rich family there. Obviously, like, hold the cops accountable, even though our son might be a murderer. Casey goes again, this changes everything, and it's the second time in the episode she said that, And now IAB is going to have to go after Elliott. She says, like, there's no way they can sweep this under the rug now that it's gotten so public and that there's video of the scuffle. So liv gets a call and she's like, I'll be right there. So now she's at IAB for her interview in the darkness, and Tucker is asking her questions. She says, Elliott is always professional. I support his actions and his decisions. They start going through Elliott's whole explosive pass like what about the time he did this, What about the time he did that? Every time he lives like that was to stop a child from who was kidnapped, That was to stop a child predator, like everything. She has a full answer for every single one, and then even after one of them she goes, well, after that one, he went into counseling. So Olivia is telling him like, look, we work in SVU, we got to do what we ought to do. This is about kids, people that are vulnerable victims. Meanwhile, Elliott is like, we're cutting to scenes of Elliott at an apartment getting drunk at the time of Olivia's interview. It's like overlaid over it. And if you'll remember, Elliott is not at this moment living at home with Kathy. They are separated, and because he is too married do his job and his marriage and his family life is suffering. Blah, blah blah. So Tucker brings up like every single time stable across the line, it's so many times, yeah I said that, and then she goes, my partner is not a killer. So now in Cragan's office, Elliot is basically giving up. He's like, yeah, listen, IAB's suspended me. The press has me already convicted. The grand jury's totally going to indict, Like that's a rap. Folks like Elliot's just not going to fight for himself and Live and Craigan are like, no, you have to fight, and he's like it's over. So now we're at Elliott's bachelor pad and he's like watching the footage over and over again, like trying to figure out like where he went wrong, like what did I do to this kid to kill him? And there's a knock at the door and it's Melinda. She's like, I just heard. I'm so sorry, Elliott, and I think she just heard. I don't know that the grand jury's going to go through. Yes, that IAB is going to like push for the grand jury and he's going to go to trial. And he says, whatever, you were doing your job, I wouldn't ask you to do anything different. So he's looking at the footage over and over and she sees him and she goes, don't torture yourself, and he goes, I never tried to hurt Ryan. I tried to save him. And Warner's like, what do you mean, and he goes, well, I gave him CPR. And Warner's like, well, no one told me that that changes everything. Literally, for the third time in the episode, someone goes that changes everything, which is funny because my husband and I say that there's always a point in every movie where someone says something like that, and we always use the movie Pollock, where Lily Taylor's character goes, you just blew the She goes, Pollock, you just blew the whole thing wide open, and like we say that all the time whenever there's like a whoa, you just changed the whole game. You know, there's always lines like that in movies and stuff. So they're killing that line three times in this episode. The chess compressions, Melinda says, are what could have ruptured the spleen. That's when I googled the spleen. I was like, where's the spleen? And it's not far from where you would be doing chess compressions. So Elliot's like, well, I had to do something. You stopped breathing, and Melinda's like, well, so he was dead before you ruptured his spleen. Then, so what killed him? And She's like, I didn't miss anything on autopsy. So he gives Melinda all the records and these two get down to a full like Homeland. They're about to start a board with red string on it, like these two are just going through files. They're crumpling up papers that are irrelevant, like these two are about to order a pizza. And then they realized from the toxicology he was on oxy, ecstasy and cold tablets. So I guess xing is when you're doing oxy and X And what else was in the candy bowl? And Elliott tells her valuum riddle in propranolol and vicotin and she goes, wait a second, propranolol is for people with heart problems. I need to see his medical records. So cut to trial. Melinda's on the stand saying explaining that Ryan had been diagnosed with a cardiac condition called long QT syndrome, an abnormal heart thing that can lead to cardiac arrest. Why were his medical records never examined previously. Is that not relevant to an autopsy? It seems like that would have that's would have made sense. It wasn't originally in her report because you can't see an arrhythmia on an autopsy. So he had a prescription, but he wasn't taking his meds. He was donating them to this party. So the stress of running from Elliott triggered the arrhythmia that killed him. Ryan, it turns out, brought propranolol to the farm party, which is really not fun for anybody. It's not the kind of stuff you bring to like get high and have fun. So now we're outside of the courtroom and a guy comes out and tells Elliot the jury's voted. You're all good, so he didn't get indicted, and you know, Elliott says thanks Live says welcome back. And then Elliott shows up at home his house with Kathy and says, Kathy, we need to talk. She says, I saw the news. I knew you didn't kill that boy, but it's like, did you not reach out? Like he's still still married. He's like on trial, he might go to jail, and he's like it's been a rough couple of days, and I've been thinking about what's important to me. I love my job and I love my family, and I almost lost both of them, and I want to come home. And Kathy gives like a face like she's thinking about it, but looks like she's leaning towards being like, no problem. And that's dick wolf baby, But I can see This episode to me feels like one of the most Bencelur heavy episodes where I can see why people think they're in love because she stops at nothing. She's like, there's no way he can have done this. It's like you've seen him use success of force a million times, but you're like, not my partner. There's just no way, Like she can't imagine working without him. If you're one of these people that ships the two of them, this episode's gonna give you a huge boner because she's fighting for him, fighting for him, fighting for him, and then when all her work pays off and she basically gets him exonerated, he goes home to Kathy, which is another blow for the Benchler people, you know, because that's not what they want to happen.
Speaker 2: So I also really this episode, like when they go against Melinda in anyway like off with their heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I when they're like, come on, you know, he didn't do it.
Speaker 2: And it's like she could just only go off the evidence, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and she will continue to fight.
Speaker 1: But it's like it is crazy because it's like the CPR was probably on the video footage, Like no one knew about the CPR. Like a lot of times when you get people's CPR, you like crack their sternum, Like I don't know, I just would have assumed that that would have been included or like, oh the detail he was not breathing when I turned him over, like so he was dead before this CPR. So I don't know, but I love this episode. It's a wild one. Glad we got to do it. Yeah, and I know nothing about this case, so stay tuned for Lisa's full report.
Speaker 2: So this is like fucked because the case is so dark, so twisted, so fucked up.
Speaker 1: Barely any information, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Like the two papers I found, one was in New Zealand and one seems like a ragmag And we'll get into why. Like there's something with Canada where you can't publish names.
Speaker 1: But it's like.
Speaker 2: It is wild how limited information it is because the crime is pretty horrific. So yeah, I don't know, maybe I've lost my touch, but it was really hard finding information about this. So it happened in Canada, southeast Alberta along the South Saskatchewan River. And that's not that I'm in, but I did want to prove that I could say Saskatchewan, so that's why I put it in. And So this girl's name is Jasmine Richardson and she is the youngest person ever in Canada ever convicted of a multiple first degree murder counts, So that's her claim to fame. So April twenty third, two thousand and six, a young boy saw bodies through the window of the Richardson family home and that is what prompted, you know, authorities to come. So what was inside was that the previous night, Jasmine Richardson, twelve years old, stabbed her brother, Jacob, aged eight, to death, while her boyfriend killed her mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Her boyfriend, thank god, Tommy made it through. I know, in real life, the in face, but the real boy.
Speaker 2: So her boyfriend was twenty three years old and she is twelve EWW So obviously her parents did not want them to be together.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, and he.
Speaker 2: Described he's like a god and he considered himself a three hundred year old were wolf vampire, so that's what he thought his being was. And so obviously her parents were like, can you not go out with this twenty three year old who thinks he's a vampire were wolf who's three hundred years olds? Okay, So he was murdering the parents while she was killing her brother. He snuck him through the basement with a ski mask on and he had two knives with him. The mom heard a noise and went downstairs to investigate. That's when he began stabbing her, and her screams are what woke up her husband, and so then he went down and he was violently stabbed as well. So this dude stabbed the mother, Deborah Richardson, twelve times, including a twelve centimeter deep piercing in her heart.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that is deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then stabbed the father, Mark Richardson twenty four times, including nine stabs in his back. The dad asked, why are you doing this, and he said it was your daughter who wanted it. And this is according to the Daily Star. And I don't know how they would know this detail. Maybe it came out in court, but this just seems maybe maybe he said it, like in why am I forgetting the word interrogation whatever. So the brother was upstairs holding his lightsaber across his chest at in his room like so scared.
Speaker 1: And then so.
Speaker 2: This is another So then the you know, his sister arrives in the doorway, and I'm sure like the Daily Stars, like, I bet the kid was so relieved to see his sister. Yeah, like he's hearing all this commotion, he sees his big sister, He's like, oh yay, and then she fucking killed him. She stabbed him five times, including one deep slash across his neck. Jesus Christ, psycho, this is dark. Later in testimony, she testified that Jacob pleaded for his life and emitted a gurgling sound as she stabbed him, and the New Zealan Harold said. She also said that it was too cruel to leave him without their parents, so.
Speaker 1: She was trying to do him a favor and just get him out of the world. Okay, yeah, she was going to go live with her werewolf boyfriend off in the a cave or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, when the cops came. They found the parents in the basement, and then the brother was in his upstairs bedroom and they found blood spattered all over Jacob's room, like all over his toys.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The detectives at first thought maybe Jasmine was kidnapped by some crazed killer, and so they were really scared. But in reality, Jasmine and Jeremy went on the run because they plotted these killings so they could run away together. They were arrested one hundred miles away. So don't worry now, I'm gonna rewind a little bit. So Jasmine and Jeremy they met at a punk rock concert and she started to love the goth lifestyle. And that was Calgary in two thousand and five, and they kept touch on MySpace and VampireFreaks dot com.
Speaker 1: Wow, sh it's like that feels like an SVU website. That feels like a fake website. As for you, made off, it's.
Speaker 2: Just horrible to laugh during this fucked of a crime, but dot com it does. It's hard not to giggle a little bit. But she's also twelve, so it's pretty dark and awful. She was a clean cut girl and then she started changing, but that also happens like you get influenced, you know, like everyone thinks they're a witch at some point in their lives. So obviously when her parents found out about this relationship, they were not into it, and they were like, you cannot see this vampire freak. They took her computer away, and even though he is a werewolf with a vial of blood around his neck, it was her idea to kill the.
Speaker 1: Family is the consensus.
Speaker 2: They found messages online between these people and she wrote, I have this plan. It begins with me killing them and ends with me living with you. And that's according to the NZ Herald and according to this Daily Star, which reminds me of the text in the city, the New York Star like nothing with a star is real journalism. Like I don't understand, Like where are the articles? And then I was like, but you can get Canadian news like we did the Barbie and Ken killers. Yeah, we talked about people from Winnipeg. We did that case with the blood straw that hot the like serendipity.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, and why is like why is New Zealand so pumped on it? Like that's across the world, Like why are they why do they have so much information. Yeah, it's weird. I wonder if if Canada just keeps like shit with underage people, like really under wraps or something, because the Barbie killers weren't underage, just the victim.
Speaker 2: Well, I will get there are details about it, but it still does not It doesn't do it for me because even if yeah, so we'll get to it. But whatever. So he had creepy messages too, though it's not like her. He wrote to her, can we get together and kill people together? That's according to the Daily Start, And then he publicly posted, my lover's rents are totally unfair, and they say that they really cared. They don't know what is going on. They just assume their throats. I want to slit. Finally there shall be silence, their bloodshall be payment.
Speaker 1: Geez dark.
Speaker 2: So she was pretty loose with this plan, and I guess she discussed it with a ton of friends, but nobody believed it was true. You know. Yeah, they just were like, Okay, yeah, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Kill like sure you in the wear woarrolf, We're gonna go kill people Twilight, We get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so April twenty third, two thousand and six, like I said, stanky, stanky the guy he got what how.
Speaker 1: Do you say? It's just funny what you said? Stanky? Like that's funny. Do the stanky legs.
Speaker 2: So he got jazzed up by watching Natural Born Killers, which was his favorite romance movie.
Speaker 1: Which I've never seen. I haven't either.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could do a dual do watch each other's little blind spots and watch that one. So he downed a bottle of red wine along with some beer, and then he went to visit Jasmine's parents. So anyway, so while they're on the run, like truly, just two hours after the deaths, they were seen laughing and kissing at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: When they were asked why they did this, Richardson said, I loved him so much. I thought it would bring us closer together. And that's a quote from the New Zealand Herald.
Speaker 1: This reminds me of like after Gypsy Rose and her boyfriend killed the mom. They were like seen like canoodling and like you know, kissing and having a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So June two thousand and seven, she went on trial at age fourteen for three counts of first degree murder and was found guilty on all three and sentenced to ten years in jail. Yes, ten Wow, that's the maximum allowed by Canada's Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Speaker 1: And she's just in jail, like that would be jail jail, not like juvenile jail.
Speaker 2: So she also served four years in a psychiatric hospital and then four years under conditional communities supervision, and also was able to attend Mount Royal University in Calgary, Alberta.
Speaker 1: So I'm not really sure. I mean, she was out in twenty.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, so these, like these four and four years are like included within the ten. Yeah, so I'm not really sure, but ten does not seem like enough. I don't know, sorry, I just mmmmm mmmm. So she's out, she's in the streets. She had a final court hearing May twenty sixteen, during which she offered no apology or expression of remorse for what she had done.
Speaker 1: She is living in a secret location.
Speaker 2: Her name cannot be published in her home country, where she is known as JR. And she has been described as a poster child for rehabilitation. I don't buy that, but yeah, so this is so, this is it. Her name cannot be published in her home country, but like that's post changing her name and but like when it first happened, was there not news outlets that were reporting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have those been wiped? Like you can't just wipe crimes away? Like I am really confused by that. Like her parents' names, like her parents' names.
Speaker 1: It's not like the murder of so and so and so and so even if you don't name the killers, like you know, yeah, I guess I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't try to look that up Mark richardson Canada.
Speaker 1: Let's see if I mean, that's a really common name. I'm sure to.
Speaker 2: Find a grave great, find a grave dot com and LinkedIn. Okay, this is fucked up. Yeah, it's just like so I okay, then some images do show up, but it's all the New Zealand Harold and then not real sources. It's like, I mean medium, I'll read verse some stuff, Yen News, Sudbury Star like Mama, Mama maya.
Speaker 1: Like nothing was real. Yeah, nothing is like good like solid credible journal.
Speaker 2: No, not that we would use and so like it is really confusing to me. Wow, yeah, I guess Wait there's one that I just saw.
Speaker 1: This Sudbury's Star might be real. No, it looks pretty shady too, damn. So many stars. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I guess she cannot be named because of the Youth Criminal.
Speaker 1: Justice Act and that's that. Wow.
Speaker 2: So that's why there's really no information about her. Damn, damn, damn, damn. I wish I found it sooner. I didn't think to google the parents' names. Well, I wasn't even like, I mean, I wasn't trying to tell you like how to do it. I just was kind of like, it's weird that the coverage wouldn't even be like, Hi, two people from your community died.
Speaker 1: So I get that you can't print the kids' names, but like, is there coverage of what happened to these people?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really strange.
Speaker 2: Or you know, like you're not supposed to fight in mixed company, you know about that? Or like Chris Rock has this joke with Will Smith where it's like, don't fight in front of white people, like that kind of a thing. I wonder if that's with Canada, where it's like, we can't let America read about our crime, Like no mixed company is Southeast Alberta like rural. I'm just looking interesting. Well because I've performed in Edmonton, which I think is Alberta. I'm not sure I've been to Alberta, but I think it's a providence, yeah, Canadian province.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I was right.
Speaker 2: It's known for its natural beauty, richness and fossils and for how housing important nature reserves.
Speaker 1: I just wonder if it was like kind of in like an off the beaten path area. So nobody was really covering it also because journalism was dying slowly.
Speaker 2: But go on, yeah, whatever, So people think she rehabilitated or not. Who knows, she's out in the wilds. That's all I know. And then in two thousand and eight, steink I don't know why I can't say it's last what's its first day?
Speaker 1: I've already forgotten. It's probably Steinkerry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in two thousand and eight, Jeremy s was found guilty of three counts of first degree murder as well and was sentenced to three consecutive life sentences in prison, with the earliest parole date for twenty five years. So in twenty thirty three will be the first time that he can and go in front of the pearl board. But he was a grown man, so he got three life sentences. Wow, but that's what you get for committing crimes with a child, she's gonna get less time. I should have got him for statutory rape too, But listen, this is a horrific crime. If you know how to get more information or you understand stuff about Canada and crimes and ceiling shit, let us know. Because she also changed her name, so it's like, why can't we just publish this young person's day?
Speaker 1: I got to talk about it now, yeah, or like that there hasn't been I don't know. I'm also like, what there hasn't been like made for TV movies or like anything like that is but.
Speaker 2: It is so fucked though. Yeah, to kill your little brother who is like, yeah, waiting for you probably like it is sick and you know we also I guess part of the allure too that I thought there'd be more information is like was it her?
Speaker 1: Was it him?
Speaker 2: He is a grown man, so like she's a child, she's probably easily influenced or like is and because if you're that big of a psycho to do this, will you be rehabilitated in a decade or is this like an ed Kemper situation where she figured out how to trick them into saying what she wanted or is she like, I can't believe I did that.
Speaker 1: Like, there's just so many unanswered questions. I mean, I know, and I want to say, like, at twelve, even if you're the one that initiated the idea on a message board, a lot of twelve year olds say they want to kill their fucking parents. You know, I have a feeling this guy got to her about what sacrificing human life, what that means, why it has to happen so you can have your happiness or achieve xyz, you know what I mean? Like I would, I would say that most twelve year olds, unless you're born like a psychopath, like, are just highly vulnerable and influenced by you know, older influences. Yeah, that's just that's just me spitball. And maybe she's a total psycho from birth. Who knows. It's just so horrible. That's horrible. Well, we don't have a guess, but we don't. We'll get to our post smartem any second now. Okay, So, uh post mortem of this week's episode is, Oh my god, I mean, that's so funny that we randomly just talked about parenting and like saying stuff, so your kids will listen and then this I didn't even put that together that this episode, like the crux of it is that this mom like won't really listen to her daughter, and like they just have this contentious relationship, and that's like why the mother ends up rutally murdered. Like, I just really hope that doesn't happen to me. I guess is my post mortem takeaway. I'll just let Rosie date anyone, because I don't want her to kill me.
Speaker 2: No, It's like this, it's honestly such a balancing act. I don't know what the right answer is because you know, classic it's if if you fight too hard, the kid's gonna want it. Right, But you can't just let your kid date a twenty plus year old, you know, you just you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: That's but then I also understand the hesitation of like I don't want this person going.
Speaker 1: To jail, this twenty year old.
Speaker 2: It's like, are they really committing crime or do you really think they're a criminal or what you know?
Speaker 1: Right right right? Like so I don't know what to do. I don't know what the right thing to do. Like Kathy Moriarity also ended up dead when her character tried to report him for statutory rape. You know, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what do you do or do you create a thing where or it's like you can only be hanging the house. I don't know what do you What do you do if your sixteen year old loves a twenty year old who you don't think is a pedophile, but you also don't think it's right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I should we do a poll we would like to limit contact of where my sixteen year old would meet a twenty year old. I guess work. There's all kinds of places, fuck, yeah, the mall, And you're like, I want you to get a job, but then it's like, what you can't like be with any like one of unemployee you meet who's four years apart from you. I don't know. I guess that's like, really that's really tough. The that's really tough. I was so like not, I was so not dating in high school that it's like I can't even remember what if I knew anybody who did that or like anything like like that, like how their parents handled it or whatever, Like I can't think of it. Oh no, when I was in eighth grade.
Speaker 2: I definitely knew someone that was dating a twenty two year old oh okay, oh yeah, And there was a picture of her. I remember so vividly this photo because she's wearing like an oversized sweatshirt. But she did participate in self harm sort of like her thighs rolls cut up. And then this like older twenty two girl was like like shoulder, you know, like holding her from behind. And I remember this that photo so vividly, and I remember it being like fucking weird and fucked up. Oh, but like not that fucked up that I did it like, but it was like, oh, I'm not in your group, like I can't.
Speaker 1: Well. Actually, one of my friends that you have actually met twice at one of our live shows. She when she was like twelve, looked like a seventeen year old, Like she just looked older forever. Like I met her when she was twelve years old and she had a picture of her sixteen year old boyfriend in her tent at camp and I was like, this is your boyfriend and she was like yeah, And I was like, I bet nobody thinks this is weird because you look older, but you are not older, like twelve and sixteen is not a normal distance to me, Like, I'm almost more okay with sixteen twenty like than twelve sixteen, like she had like probably had her period. She looked older, but like it was I remember being like, I'm this is too much. She grew up and became my friend, so it's I'm not like, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, even if someone looks a little older, there is no way an adult does not know that's a child, right, There's just no fucking way. Like I've performed at colleges, they look like children. I'm sorry, Like it is a lie. If someone says like, oh, I didn't know they looked like I just don't believe it. The people that are like, oh I didn't know are liars. But maybe that's not true because most people importn are like eighteen nineteen, twenty twenty two. Yeah, and they look they look pretty fucking mature. Yeah, I mean, you're right, I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The looks is one thing. I just can't believe that you're a person that's like in your twenties and you're going on a date with an eighth grader and you think there's anything like you're not telling then like when you're talking, like you know what I mean, just like, well they're they're kind of lating about yeah, yeah, yeah, they're pedophiles. Yeah, they that's what they relate on anyway. I also feel like this episode, specifically, this episode of SVU has a lot of like letting rich kids run around the city and do pill parties and shit like that, which is like never which is always my nightmare about like raising kids in the city a little bit. Not that the suburbs are way more fucked up, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's more space, Like in the city, you are on top of each other. It is apartments or like even if it's not, it's just like more cant like tight. I feel the suburbs, you know, it's these giant basements, It's these huge McMansions.
Speaker 1: It's lots of parents going out of bound for long trips and being like you're fine at the house. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a reason like meth and opioids and all these things are huge in rural areas, there's nothing to do. I get that you can be a bad girl in a city because you're growing up faster and you see lots of things and maybe you're seeing like someone jerk off on the street. But I do believe the rural suburban ride your bike somewhere and now's around like there's more dev things afoot.
Speaker 1: I don't know the numbers. Yeah, places where there are woods, places where there are woods, where there are quarries.
Speaker 2: Well, we do know the numbers for meth. And guess what it's in Kansas and Appalachia. Like I don't know what to tell you. Like if you are in the middle of nowhere and it's between tipping a cow and getting high, maybe you're gonna get high. I mean, this is crazy. I saw I sound like a reverse conservative boomer, but that's my thing.
Speaker 1: They're they're so worried.
Speaker 2: About these cities in California being unsafe, and it's like, well, you hate us, so why do you care?
Speaker 1: What do you care? But also ha ha, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just like like look at your backyard, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like truly, truly, but I really hope that the girl in this episode and her little brother Tommy cannot you can be.
Speaker 2: Good or bad life together. You could be good or bad anywhere. I mean little Tommy, I mean little Tommy. I honestly don't know. Like what I said throughout this morn, I've had anything to do with the episode. Well no, I will also say, like I'm disassociating. I'm basically just like all you hillbillies are doing meth and city kids are going to art museums like this.
Speaker 1: Is what no one thinks that you are thinking. Are saying that? But well, okay, So I will also say, just because this episode involves we also talked about the true crime this girl and her boyfriend, like murdering an entire family. Let's take a page out of Gypsy Rose's recent press tour where she said I went about this the wrong way, like she felt trapped, and she even said to Joy on the View, she was like, I did it the wrong way, and then Joy goes, don't say that. She goes, well, no, I mean I went to jail. I committed a crime. And then Joy was like, oh right that part. So I mean no, Gypsy went murder is wrong? Joy, Yeah, so let don't don't. Let's the post mortem is, don't murder your parents. Figure out another way. And I hope there are people have resources where murder isn't the only answer in Gypsy's case, it felt like it kind of yeah, almost was.
Speaker 2: I know, I've been so focused on the age gap love and that I forgot that there.
Speaker 1: Were brutal murders throughout this thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, gothic murders, vampire murder.
Speaker 1: Well, the first in the episode, the guy's murdering for drugs right in the set in the real life one, the dark art. Yeah, yeah, they were trying. They were trying to do natural born killers the right. They were trying to like be yeah, criminals. Anyway, let's get into our what would Sister Peg do for this week? That's our weekly segment where we direct you towards an organization, a blog, a book, of another podcast episode, something to give you more info about what we talked about today. And this one was a little bit tough because the crimes are all over the map, and I just felt bad for little Tommy having to witness, you know, so much violence that I wanted to this week point you to the organization Futures Without Violence. Their mission is to prevent an end violence against women and children around the world. They have groundbreaking programs, policy development, and public action campaigns that seek to heal those that are traumatized by violence today and to create healthy families and communities free of violence tomorrow. So you know, if Emily van Kamp's family had gone to an organization like this, maybe all the horrible tragedies wouldn't have happened. But for more info on this organization or to donate to them, go to Futures Without Violence dot org and that will be posted in our on our stories on Instagram the day that the episode comes out, and they will be saved forever. In the WWSPD highlight for this episode. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's like such a good organization and tie in gotta care about Little Tommy. Next week we'll be doing a blood Speaking of Vampire Killers season six, episode twenty one, we can't wait for the next one and the next one after that, so keep it going xoxo forever. That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email at That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: And to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media. Dun Dun