Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Right you ready?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Bryan Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific sixth Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Wednesday here on the show. You know that means we got a lot to talk about here today. I'm still not one hundred percent. Just took some gimmicks, as we call it here in the business. I think I can make it through the show here today and the after Dark show which is coming up to Pacific five Eastern, in which today I will be talking about my trip to go see the George Nori Live show at the Evert Historic Theater this past I think it was Saturday night same night as thee pay per view. A lot of stuff happened, and we'll get into all of it here on the show today. Plus we'll take your emails and text messages, maybe even your calls as well. We shall see, but that's two Pacific five Eastern, a different show today. We got a lot to talk about, including Dynamite three hundred, which is tonight. Five matches I've now been announced for the show. We'll go over the lineup for that six if you consider that they're also taping Collision one hundred after the Dynamite show here tonight. And then of course we have got all of the rest of the news. A lot of people are either injured or returning from injury or just on their way back. Everybody from Chad Gable, Miss Adam Copeland, Ruby Soho, ty Mellow. We got some information on all of them and uh and also we'll be talking about Wembley Stadium. Tony Kahn was on the Rich Eisen Show and explained why they did not go to Wembley for all in this year, why the show is going to be taking place at Globelife Field in Texas in just ten days now. So we'll talk about that and and plenty more. Filthy Tom joins us here today. If you want to text us four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, at fort w one line, at gmail dot com, at fort w one line, threads, Instagram, and cameo at Brian Alvarez ex and Blue Sky Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 4: This of North Carolina has always been rolled, and we'd like to keep it that way. There's a saying that a farmer's last crop is housing. When they get to the end of the farm's life, they sell it and develop it. With solar projects, that's one more they can harvest, generating a stable income for them and.
Speaker 3: Tax revenue for our community.
Speaker 4: We would hate to see this place become another suburbia. In this way, we don't have to. A solar farm is still a farm, and that's what we want around here.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the American Clean Power Association.
Speaker 5: LOWS knows how to set off your July fourth with savings right now. Buy one, get one free and select one coat coverage interior paint via Visa gift Card rebate plus get to select two or two point five court, Red, White, and Blue annuals for just ten dollars. Hurry, these July fourth deals won't last long. Loaves we have you say ballot through seven nine. Selection varies by location, while supplies last excludes Alaskan Hawaii. More terms and restrictions apply. Seelows dot com slash rebates for more details.
Speaker 6: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you. Call right now.
Speaker 7: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 8: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. There are new tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed to help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID release programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayers savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now. It doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of your tax problems.
Speaker 7: Call the Tax Helpline now. Eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine eight hundred nine four nine three nine eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, brain Elberz here Wrestling Observer Live Philthy. Tom Lawler is joining us here today. What's up Tom? Not too much, Brian, were furiously working on something. What are you? What are you doing over there?
Speaker 3: I was typing the YouTube chat?
Speaker 1: What are you doing in there? I don't see you? Oh the YouTube chat? Oh my god, you're on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, PERUSA every day. I figure you are the sheriff of Twitch, so I shall set sergeant of YouTube.
Speaker 1: So who are you there?
Speaker 2: Tom?
Speaker 1: I don't see your name. I'm pretty sure i'm looking at it right now. I don't see any Tom Lawler there, Johnny California.
Speaker 3: Buddy, I'm on there. Don't worry anyway. It's not too much as going on.
Speaker 1: Everyone's saying hi to you, but I don't. I don't see your messages. Maybe I have you blocked unless you're uh no, you definitely are not Funky pluck. Yeah, I think you're on the wrong chat. Dude, I think you're on the wrong chat.
Speaker 3: Listen, bonehead, I'm in the right chat.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: Just because you don't see it doesn't mean anything. Hey, YouTube anyway, nobody cares move on? You talk about on? Hold on?
Speaker 1: Would you shut up for a second? Hey, YouTube chat have you seen Tom in there? Find out here? Oh, look at that. I don't see Tom. I don't see Tom yet.
Speaker 3: So so somebody just goes we'll keep reading, Buddy.
Speaker 1: Riff raff. What's Tom's name? I don't tell you, buddy, don't know what to tell you. Once you type something in there, then we'll see what comes up. Yeah, no one knows what your name is. Oh, there you go, you bone heads. You got a check mark next to your name. That's pretty fancy. Are you like special or something? Why do you got a check mark?
Speaker 3: Dave?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, Well, anyway, we got a W Dynamite three hundred tonight and uh, I mean got five matches, a nounced six actually because it's dynamite and collision taping. So uh that that's good that they announced it before the show on Wednesday. Usually they wait till afterwards. But we got we got six matches that are official for the show tonight, and uh, and they've sold a lot of tickets. There's a very good chance I could have four thousand people in the building tonight, which is place an excellent number. Let's see. Uh where is it tonight? I think it's Uh? Is it Pittsburgh? Or no, that's uh, that's where w w E was. Where's Dynamite three hundred The Toyota Arena, Ontario, California, the Young Bucks hometown basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's way out in the suburbs actually, which like if you live in LA to go to that show, that's quite a chore.
Speaker 1: But yeah, five thousand tickets. Actually, I apologize.
Speaker 3: That's good for that arena. New Japan has earned shows there in the past, maybe about one a year, and I don't think they've even come close to five thousand the last few times.
Speaker 1: So well, according to wrestle Tics, they're year to date average, which I presume takes into account of pay per views I would think, or maybe that's just for Dynamite, But it's thirty three hundred and this one is fixing to hit five thousand, so very good number. We've got Okata versus Coda Aboushie taking place tonight. I was gonna say, we'll find out how Coda Bushy is looking tonight, but he's wrestling Okata, so we'll see the we're gonna see. The AW television version of this match is we're gonna see tonight, and that's nothing against AW that is a statement on Okada and Koda Bushie mostly Okada. We got Mercedes against Mina Shirakawa for the TBS title. We got what is described here, and I don't know if they're advertising in this way. Somebody tell me if they're advertising it this way or if this is just from our site.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's advertising. I know what you're talking about because I saw the graphic.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, in a Heroes Versus Villains a six man tag it is Bendido, Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly versus Takeshta and the Young Box, which sounds frickin' awesome.
Speaker 3: It's a tie in with Superman.
Speaker 1: I why, Okay? We got another Heroes versus Villains match Swerve and Ospray versus Realistico and the Beast Mortos, which sounds awesome. And we have the All In Casino Men's Gauntlet Qualifier. The winner of this match is number two in the Gauntlet, MJF. Brody King, Anthony Bowens, ar Fox. I just have this feeling. I have this feeling it's either Anthony Bowenes or ar Fox. One of these two guys that can't catch a win is winning. Tonight, and I presume that MJF ends up getting screwed by Little Mystico, but who knows.
Speaker 3: We'll see whoever ends up winning that Casino Battle Royal Gauntlet at all in they really need to be careful about this Big Bill that's going through Congress right now because if you're a gambler, you could get hit with huge penalties upon winning. So they better start lobbying. Wow, DC, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, aw, Collision one hundred also has FTR versus The Outrunners, which again I don't know why they didn't just do this match in Kent because they would have been a great match with incredible heat because you know, Truth is from the area. But literally they just did a long interview to set up the match in a different town. Whatever. So that's coming up for Collision one hundred, which does air this Saturday Saturday. Now you've got everyone in the chat talking about Big Bill, that not that Big Bill. Are we sure that Big Bill didn't just pass through Congress?
Speaker 3: Miss Whoever wins that Casino Battle Royal better watch out for Big Bill?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's the lineup for the show coming up tonight, and we'll review that with Dave later on this evening. Should be a fun time as always, so check it out everybody, you know. By the way, Tom, I'm still upset that I'm not going down to Vegas to go to that clown motel and the UFO Highway with you because of your current physical state. But I did get to go see George Nori literally in concert on Saturday night, and I wish you would have been there with me, but you weren't. So you're gonna have to listen to all of the details on after Dark Radio two Pacific five Eastern today on Sports Byline, YouTube and Twitch, So yes you will, So please check it out and wait till you see the picture I'm gonna use for the front page because I'm gonna talk about you've seen You've seen bigfoot footprints, right, Yeah, Well I saw something you ain't gonna believe. We'll talk about it today.
Speaker 3: Hold on, yes too, cold Scorpio.
Speaker 1: Tom, just listen to the show today, all right. Aw is not in Wembley for all in this year. They're at Globe Life Stadium in Texas. And you know, I got a lot of heat because I was I was deciding whether to go or not and I ultimately decided, but I wasn't going to go, and I mentioned there's just so much to do. I mean, there's a Ring of Honors show, there's three WWE shows, There's probably gonna be a six hour a w show, Brian.
Speaker 3: Not only that, the six hundred and sixty fourth annual kirk pin R Turkish Oil Wrestling Championships, the Olympics of Turkish Oil Wrestling takes place this weekend, about hours and hours.
Speaker 1: So the point is I mention all of that, and then people got mad. You know, it's all WWE's fault. They're running all these shows. You know this and that, and I mean you realize when you go to a WWE WrestleMania, there's there's like seventy five other shows that weekend. I still managed to go. I think the biggest issue is it's really expensive to fly to Texas. I mean, and between between flying to Texas and rooms and everything like that, we were looking like over a thousand dollars and we're not doing like a live Q and A or anything to you know, offset it. So no, it's much easier to stay at home and cover all of these shows. If the show were in Vegas. That'd be one thing, but it wasn't in Vegas. If the show was in Wembley and we had a live Q and A and you know I had one hundred and fifty people show up, that's another thing. But no, I just I was not going to pay a thousand dollars to do a last minute trip for all in. But anyway, the point is it's not in Wembley. And Tony Kahn on the Rich Eisend Show said it will be back in Wembley next year. Cold Play, he said, had booked the weekend out years in advance, and that's why they adn't go back this year because of Cold Play booking it out years in advance. So that's the story. Back in the moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper vv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Now, I got blokes, I don't believe me because they're trying to price stuff out. This guy goes, I live in Denver the front Well, listen, first off, I don't live in Denver, I live in I live in Seattle. I gotta go from Seattle to Texas. I gotta fly in Friday because it's a long way away. And then I'm saying there Friday Saturday, I would go home Sunday. So you're talking two nights in hotel and a flight from Seattle. Even on Frontier, it's it's what do you want me to do? Brother? And we sleep on on the side of the road. Huh. I'm gonna drive to Denver and fly out from there? What do you want me to do? Not going? Okay? And it's not w W e's fault, just the way it is, all right.
Speaker 3: You don't want to blame goal old Burg.
Speaker 1: Why would I blame Goldberg? What does he have to do with anything? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta stay home so you'll watch that Saturday night's main event.
Speaker 1: I could watch it from there while you're in the arena. Well no, but I mean I can't watch it while I'm watching the other show on my couch. I gotta watch it afterwards. It's not like I can't go and also watch everything. Okay, Hey, I could do that, but it's a lot of stuff to do, and it would involve a lot of flying and a lot of paying for rooms and uh and this is Texas that we're talking about here, So I'm not going iver leave me alone.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you have to blame Goldberg.
Speaker 1: But Chad Gables undergoing gone surgery. He'll be out of action for quite a while. He says, what's up, dudes, I made it. He said he would be back quicker than you can say gracias. So is it true, Tom, That'll Grande Americano is the speed champion.
Speaker 3: To my knowledge, yes, hmm.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, luckily he was on the show Monday. Oh, El Grande Americano, so my guess is that he is going to be uh defending that title.
Speaker 3: You know, he looked more to me like El venki Americano.
Speaker 1: He looked like El Grande Americano had been as stretched on one of those racks, you know, those gimmicks that they put you on and then kind of stretched. He was. He was. He was just an elongated version of El Grande Americano. El elongate Americano was what he was. He was elongated. It was weird.
Speaker 3: It's a nice try, but it's not my fault. You didn't get the Starbucks joke.
Speaker 1: We've got the mizz And this was reported by Brian Alvarez to his subscribers on X he's uh, he should be back soon. They finished season one and two of American Gladiators, which is being taped in London, because why not, and he should be back soon. Everyone's also talking about, well what about I don't know about Wardlow? What do you want information about Wardlow? I don't know. I don't know what that guy's been doing. He's been gone forever. Yes, there are a lot of stories about Wardlow, but there's a lot of stories about a lot of people in aw And the fact is, when I see the guy, I'll believe he's back. Until then, I don't know what's up with this guy. But apparently he was also on American Gladiators in London. Him, Camille, your your main man, Boogs, Jessica Rodin, and Jesse Godters. They were five of the sixteen gladiators in this reboot. Mis was the host. Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Yes? I could not believe if the Mis was if you were a gladiator, that'd be different. Yeah, Boogs, I think has found the perfect job. Boogs and Wardlow, you know what I mean? Sure, maybe Camille as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's another one who vanished. That's somebody who was benched. I hate to tell you guys benched.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: You know what actually would have been even better for boogs would have been Battle Dome. Oh yeah, that was still around. Yes, maybe we should we should have gone back and watched the mold Battle Dome.
Speaker 1: I think we should watch some of the new season of American Gladiators with old Miz. I mentioned I'd never watched American Gladiators in my life. What Yeah, And then someone said, actually, you and Vinnie reviewed one of the shows that Hulkgan hosted, and I now, I very very vaguely remember this now, but it certainly made no impression whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Clearly you never watched the one that Rico Konstantino won.
Speaker 1: Nah, Yeah, didn't form care.
Speaker 3: I was busy.
Speaker 1: I was busy being an athlete. Didn't need to watch it on television.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't make out Coladiators.
Speaker 1: Everybody always says that, hey, they talk a big game, you know, they talk a big game.
Speaker 3: But you couldn't even win the one that was on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he tried tell me more.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't make it up that agro crag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your words don't bother me, Tom, your your your ignorance. Adam Copeland posted a statement on Tuesday, his thirty third anniversary in wrestling, thirty three years he has been doing this. He had his first match July one, nineteen ninety two, began training with Ron Hutchinson and Sweet Daddy Siki Gully. He could have been in the White Wuff only he a little closer, he posts on Instagram, saying, on Canada Day, thirty three years ago, I made my wrestling debut in Oakland Raiders, Zoobas and a pair of Converse Nowhere to go but up, he said, I wouldn't say that he didn't start in the White Wuf everywhere you can think of, from Moose Landing, Monterey, Blood Vein. What's with these weird names in Canada? What's up with these people? Been a long, fruitful, soul, expanding soul, diminishing, amazing, frustrating, exhausting, exhilarating journey over three decades. He says, I won't last a lot longer, so I shall soak in every second. Thank you for coming along for this ride. Well, he better lasts longer because they got a whole run with him and Christian for those tag titles. I mean, the way this is going, he's gonna have to be seventy. So we'll see when he comes back. Think anyone special was gonna be back tonight on Dynamite three hundred. Tom, it's a special show.
Speaker 3: I myself am hoping for Britt Baker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to make I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. But who knows. I'm gonna do something?
Speaker 3: Does it include hosting the show?
Speaker 1: All right? Dynamite Episode one? This was the card Cody Rhodes and Sammy Gavara. Okay, Sammy could be there. MJF and Brennon Cutler, you could run that back, except you're not because m Jeff Sordina match Pack and Hangman Page. Hangman can be there.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen Pocket a long time.
Speaker 1: I think he's injured. Rijo and Nyla Rose, which was a singles match for the inaugural AW Women's title and the main event the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega versus Jericho, Santana and Ortiz. I could see Jericho making a return on Dynamite three hundred, but I guess we'll see. I guess we'll see who ends up being there, all right, Ruby soho back training again. She had a baby with cool Hand Ange and she's getting back into the ring and training for her big return. So best of luck to her and hopefully she'll be back pretty soon. Their daughter, Evie, was born on Halloween. What a day to be born Halloween, so that's good news. And also apparently uh Maria is gonna be having a third baby, so congratulations to them as well. A lot of good baby news.
Speaker 3: A miracle.
Speaker 1: You're Maine, I would say your main man, but she's a female. But it is twenty twenty five. Siri will be taking a break from stardom, says, I've been wrestling for seventeen years, thought about it long and hard. I've decided to take a break from stardom. I will train overseas, level up my game even more. My loss to Sorrey was really frustrating. Yes, said sorry versus Siri. I won't go out like this. I want to hold that IWGP again. That's why I made this decision. I'm sorry to everyone who's looking forward to my parents in the ring. I will be back in a stardom a ring one day. What does this mean, Tom? She going to AWWWE MLW. What do you think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was quite surprised when I read this news, but you know, I don't know. I don't know where she fits in in anywhere at the moment when I think about it, but especially in AW. I guess I could see her going to NXT, but I really didn't feel like that was what was coming out of this statement. You know, maybe she's gonna do similar to what me, you Yamasha has done and work a ton of different shows. Maybe maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get to see her in MLW, But I don't know, but I'm gonna be watching regardless. I'll tell you that much. Surrey one of the best wrestlers on this planet. If you ask me, and you did so, I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You, well, she did say she was gonna level up. I can't imagine. I can't imagine her on level up? Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Maybe she'll be in season three of LFG.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, Syrian LFG bully correcting her on her technique?
Speaker 3: Is it time for her to evolve?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 1: Anty Mellow hopes tod Aw brings in those women's tag team titles. I think there's about eight titles that AW should get rid of and then bring in the women's tag team titles. I would be fine with that. We certainly don't need multiple sets, just too many belts, but that I would be fine with that one. Yeah, this Spai's bully could teach Siria throw a kick.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Back in the month with the NXT report Observer Live.
Speaker 9: Find what you Love, Love what you Find, a total wine and more. There's so much waiting for us, beer, rits and beard, thousands of lines to walk right through the door.
Speaker 3: It's all here to explore.
Speaker 9: With guys in the lone price is so lowe does my.
Speaker 3: Fe and love what you find responsibly be twenty one.
Speaker 7: Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, so now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five, five six four seven eight five y five three two five, five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven. Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was.
Speaker 3: Sold.
Speaker 7: Dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a plat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true sold dot Com services are free, so if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio? Bigfoot, UFOs, Ghosts, Hauntings, Cryptid's True Crime, After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez. There's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byeline USA.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Man the show, Brian Alvarez, You're a Wrestling Observer Live. Like simper vv is no longer on the program, but old habits die hard. Hopefully he'll make his triumphant return someday, But in the meantime we have filthy Tom. How are you Tom? Did you watch NXT last night?
Speaker 3: Did you have a glitched you?
Speaker 1: I have said that so many times it just comes out, all right, now, are you uh? And you watch NXT? I like this show?
Speaker 3: I did you ask me this every single week?
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes things come up.
Speaker 3: No, man, I hey, if I'm on the show, I'm watching whatever's on the night before, hook or by crook, no matter how good or bad it is.
Speaker 1: On the subject of semper vv sometimes I'd ask him and you never knew the answer. But you're telling me you're always gonna watch NXT. You know what that means, don't you. That means something's gonna happen next week and you're not gonna be able to watch NXT. And you can to explain how it was a one time thing and you always watch the show and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: I didn't say I always watched n XT. I said I always watched whatever's the night before, and sometimes the days get switched around.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think of this show?
Speaker 3: I thought this show was there, really, I thought it happened. It was fine. It moved some storylines along, but it's not like I was dying for more once it was over.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well it opened up with Joe Hendry and wes Lee.
Speaker 3: What you're you? Okay? What go ahead?
Speaker 1: Listen, Hey, i gotta love hate relationship with this show. I'm not gonna tell you this show was good if it sucked, because there are times when it sucks, and I'm gonna let you know about it. I thought this show was fine. Maybe I'm good.
Speaker 3: I said. That's essentially what I said. I said it was fine.
Speaker 1: I happened it was bored.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: Joe Andrey and wes Lee had a match and uh, I mean, the one thing I will say about this show is my god, this this crowd was on fire for this show. Great heat for this match. And the most amazing thing is the most over guy in this match and maybe on this show was Santana, who's had like four appearances ever in NXT and Tyson and Tyreek try to interfere in Santana Randa to take him out, and this it was like stone Cold Steve Aston showed up. They were going wild for Santana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you don't see his face or like holy crap. Roman Reigns just ran in and sort of beating somebody up.
Speaker 1: Well, Joe his tennis huge.
Speaker 3: He looks awesome out there.
Speaker 1: He got the he got the win, and they will be facing off for the TNA title with Trick in a three way coming up at Slammiversary. Then we had a segment with Soul and Zaria and.
Speaker 3: Tatum.
Speaker 1: Tatum and Okay, Now, this is one of those things on the show that like, I will critique. So Soul and Tzari, as far as I know, are babyfaces. Izzy is a heel and Tatum is a is a babyface, or at least the fans love her. Okay. So the story is that the babyfaces are upset that Tatum is cozying up with a heel. Okay. The problem is, if you actually watch the show, which I do, Sol and Zaria are just they're so mean to Tatum all the time, and Izzy is nice to her all the time, and so like, as a viewer, I'm supposed to be upset that Tatum is actually going along with a person who's really nice to her all the time. So this was weird. She left with Izzy. We had Luca coming out for a promo and then Tony came out and they went back and forth arguing, and then Stacks came out, and long story short, Luca ends up punching out Tony d but then he turns and he punches out Stacks and he reveals my loyalty is only to myself and then he leaves and Vic Joseph says, we are left with more questions and answers. I thought, no, we're not, Vic, I know everything. Now, what do you mean we're in more questions and answers? He answered all the questions. He isn't with either guy, He's with himself. But Vic in storyline, funny thing is like Vic. I actually like Vic as an announcer, but he says stupid stuff all the time. I don't know why I give him a pass. Maybe because he seems like a nice guy. I don't know, but this was a dumb thing to say. We had some uh setup for this Yoshiki Ino Moro versus Jasper Troy match. The winner gets Obafemi, which made me really mad a couple of weeks ago, but it turned out fine. Tonight, Milesbourne beat Lexus King. Milesbourne has a new finish, the Zigzag. Can you believe it. You need a new finish.
Speaker 3: Brother, Well, and it was mistimed, yeah, which was even worse.
Speaker 1: But did ever tell you that I think I'm the guy that named the Zigzag?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, Dolph Ziggler debuted like twenty twenty five years ago or whatever, and I was on the phone with somebody there and they were like, we're trying to come up with a name for Ziggler's finisher. You got anything. I was like, I don't know, what about the Zigzag? And next thing, you know, that's the name of his finish, which I think, by the way, he absolutely hated that name.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna say, like, you owe it this person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, dog Graude, I'm sorry Nick. That was my fault. Laney Reid and THEA Hale, Umm, it is all right. The problem is that THEA she was she's a good worker, and she was so over when she was and Chase You, and then they killed off Chase You. They killed off her association, and she is just floundering and nobody really cares about her. They always put her with people that are more popular, like anyway. So the finish is Laney tries to get the pin using the ropes, the rev catches her. She then uses the ropes a second time and doesn't get caught. That's the finish.
Speaker 3: Wasn't she a babyface when she debuted.
Speaker 1: Thea No Laney?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: God only knows, dude, She's only been on like three shows.
Speaker 3: She came out from the crowd that one time, and I think then the next week she had a title match and she was clearly the babyface. I don't know, man, And now she's a cheating and you're asking me this southern a sassy Southern bell cheat and heel athlete.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Charlie and Tavian had a meeting. Tavian wants a match with just like he gave to Miles, and if and if he wins, he's out of the No Quarter Catch Crew, And Charlie says, if you want it, that's fine, but this conversation we're having it will not happen again after I win. And they shook hands because there's a there's an ironclad contract in the No Quarter Catch Crew. Maybe you could join the No Quarter Catch Crew, Tom, because it appears to be like a guaranteed contract and based on like you know, Ren Sinclair, like you never have to wrestle just have to stand there and get paid by Charlie. I think it sounds like a good deal. Why are you looking at me like that? Because I dare try to find a way to get you paid to not have to do anything? How dare I? You don't even have to do commentary Soul and Zaria versus Izzy and Tatum, we had another Vic moment. Here is he in Tate are partners? Okay? Tatum has chosen to team with Izzy as her partner in a tag team match. All right, Well, near the end, Zaria goes for a spear, but Tatum shoves Izzy out of the way and Zaria spears her own partner, and Vic says Tatum just showed her true colors. I was like, what, No, she saved her partner in a tag team match. What are you talking about? And then Izy pin Soul, which is setting up a North American title match for later on, we had another Chase Youse segment.
Speaker 3: So yes, assuming Tatum is gonna end up in the culling, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it looked like they accepted her into the culling, and then everybody cheered when she joined the culling, So whatever cares I just love the argument. What you want us to just you know, change everybody babyface and held that this crowd decides. Well, you know, I get what you're saying, but at the same time, you're running the same building every week in front of the same people. So maybe if you have a couple of people that the fans are not going to boo, maybe it's okay to have them be babyfaces.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Hey, I'm here to cheer Jada Parker every time she's on TV.
Speaker 1: So Hank and Tank stormed in. Apparently they're fine. They're defending the titles against the Culling next week.
Speaker 3: Well, it could be one of those situations. Maybe one of the movie gets taken out before the match could be and they have to fight from underneath and the Culling wing.
Speaker 1: Well, if Tank gets taken out, that's your answer, because he's the one that I thought was hurt, but I could be wrong. Then we had my favorite thing on the show inan Mura and Jasper Troy. Jasper Troy is like fine, you know, he's like a real big dude, and he has a few real big dude moves, like he does the black Hole slam, he does the joke slam. You know, he does all the moves of the guys that trained him. But this freaking ina Mura is a good worker, and like you know, he's one of those guys that he does a total Japanese style, which, like in theory, is supposed to not get over in this country. And like in w W A or whatever, Dude, he's out there firing up and doing fighting spirit. This place is going wild. And he totally carried this match. He carried Jasper, he beat him with the big splash, and now he's going on to face Oba Femi for the title. I love this ina Mura. He's awesome and this was a real good match, and then him and Oba had to stare down and then Javon beat up the gold Jasper Troy. I guess, uh, poor Javon's got another job he's got to be doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's in a mirror of rules.
Speaker 1: He's awesome, isn't he.
Speaker 3: The only thing I don't like is that it makes me wonder if you know he's not long for an.
Speaker 1: XT Well in storyline, he went back to Japan, but then like one way back a week later. Yeah, I don't know, maybe he's coming over permanently, I hope. So he's great. So then we had Jordan Grace doing to promo and she's interrupted by Fatal Influence and they go back and forth and a brawl breaks out and Blake Monroe runs down to make the save, and the heels bail Ava announces Falan Fallon and Jac Maybe that could be their team name, Falan Fallon and Jac. They're gonna be facing Jordan and Blake at Great American Bash. Fatal Influence hit the ring agame got laid out again. So for those of you wondering, I mean, I'm pretty sure Blake Monroe is a babyface. I think she's much better served as a heel. But in the short term, hey, she's gonna get cheers. He may as well have her be a babyface early. But she is a babyface in this uh, in this scenario here. So that was NXT. The other thoughts, would you like not like.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it was fine, it wasn't it was there?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It was better than three hours of SmackDown.
Speaker 1: If there's ever a show that's never just there, it's n XT. There's always something on this show kidding me, whether it's VIC.
Speaker 3: Or you think we're gonna get kind of a what was it Survivor series gang warfare style set up coming out of the family's breakup. We're gonna have a Tony d with his own family Stacks and now Luca. Which one of them is gonna be the biker gang.
Speaker 1: I guess it'd be uh well, I mean Luke. He's gonna have the Consigliary gang, a gang of lawyers.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe Choppa comes back as Thomas Penmanship.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of this is gonna happen Tom mhmm, But there you go. We need more mobster wrestler, says Gwanzan. Is that really what we need in this business is more mobster wrestlers in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: More people out there copying Big Veto because there were never any mobster wrestlers before that.
Speaker 1: All right, back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, was that you were telling me during the break.
Speaker 3: Breaking news as reported on the Aeriel Helwani show UFC Superstar Former National Champion wrestler Bo Nickel will be returning to wrestling. He will compete August thirtieth in Cleveland, Ohio for Real American Freestyle Wrestling, the company headed by Eric Bischoff and none other than the Hulkster.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you mention that because wrestl Tickes has got all the information about their debut show, which is August thirtieth at the Woolstein Center in Cleveland. They are running a thirteen thousand seat building. It is currently scaled for four thousand tickets. They have distributed four hundred and ten. They are averaging four tickets per day, which would put them at this rate at six hundred tickets by showtime. I think they might do a little better than that, but this is this is not not a well promoted show at this point.
Speaker 3: Under over twan.
Speaker 1: Under.
Speaker 3: I'll take the over, will you you? All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll find out, brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got you know what the loser should have to do. They should have to get that old Tyson kid haircut.
Speaker 1: Which one I feel like, I feel like I may have it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one that was just the front poofed up, like.
Speaker 1: So you're thinking of doing that? I did that in high school, brother, I've already done. It's your turn.
Speaker 3: The rest was shaved, all right, listen.
Speaker 1: We gotta get out of here after dark. We'doing in an hour two Pacific, five Eastern Sports Byline broadcasting at Network YouTube, Twitch. We'll talk to you an how everybody Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network