Speaker 1: What's up. Family, it's your girl to mek A D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and it's your boy, my son the general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of street politicians, the place with the streets and politics men.
Speaker 2: To make a D.
Speaker 3: Mallory, you're looking like you're looking like the high end Rosa Parks right now.
Speaker 1: Rostas was super high end. I'm just saying her day.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to say this, Findy. You know you got the head wrap.
Speaker 3: You know how they always show like Rosa with the head rap, So it's given.
Speaker 1: It's it's called given. Edges need to be laid down and I ain't got time for him right.
Speaker 2: Now, so well you got laying down right now.
Speaker 1: So thanks, thanks for the acknowledgement. My new what is that a boycott Blacks.
Speaker 3: Culture to shout out to forever young humber Chrystals, send me she got sweatsuits.
Speaker 1: Whatever, young, forever young.
Speaker 2: You know that's how I feel anyway, so it definitely fits me.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks.
Speaker 3: Last week I had to go to court. You know, my nephews is locked up mm and that's been kind of hard. It's hard, you know what's so hard doing this work trying to end gun violence and trying to stop violence in the community, and then when these things come into your own homes, it's like, you know, he's he's he's currently arrested for allegedly gun possession, and going to court seeing him there is heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You have these conversations and you talk and he looks so much like me, reminds me and me even you know, just seeing him walk out of that courtroom into that courtroom, you know, with that uniform on, it was heartbreaking because you don't that's that's what you do all of these things for, even when you when you get incarcerated and you go through these things and you have these conversations with them and you try to steer them away and you do everything you can. You know, you have these real tough conversations, and when when you know you see them have to go through their own trials and tribulations that you couldn't help them avoid, it's really disheartening.
Speaker 2: So that that was like a real rough thing for me. Man.
Speaker 3: You know, I want I'm gonna go see him, you know, I was trying to go see him physically, like go to you know, to visit, but they moved him for wherever he was so, you know, but he seems he's a strong young man, you know, but you don't want to have to use your strength in that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and at least, you know, I mean, at least from what I understand, he's not uh charged with like shooting anybody is just having a weapon period.
Speaker 3: So, and the thing is when you have these conversations with them and they're like, yo, you just they in their mind.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: A lot of these kids and it's allegedly I don't know if he I don't even know if he did know anything, But I just know when you have conversations with these kids in general, what they say is they just rather be caught with or without it.
Speaker 2: And then you can't even get mad.
Speaker 1: They rather be caught without it because when you look at that.
Speaker 3: These young people are saying that, when you look at what happened in Harlem, when you look at what happened in Queens, you know, I don't think any of them.
Speaker 1: Well what happened because the people listening don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the young the young man, you know. I posted on my page last week there was a young man who I don't even know what kind of confrontation him and this young man was twenty one years old and the guy who you know, he allegedly shot was thirty two years of age. And you know, it seemed like there was probably a disagreement, just a little dollar.
Speaker 2: I don't know that the bad history or anything.
Speaker 3: All I know that the man was walking out and he was shot in his head. And you know, in no situations you don't know you how do you protect yourself? How do you how do you think somebody thinks you get into a minor disagreement with somebody or just a back and forth, that somebody's gonna shoot you in the back and shoot you in the back of your head and kill you. You know what I'm saying, Like you don't even know. So these kids are nervous. A lot of these young kids is nervous. They're like your people try to kill me. You know, you walk in you don't even know, people mistake you a sound if you don't got a gun or anything to get your well.
Speaker 2: So we're just dealing with really really serious times.
Speaker 3: Is mental health, you know, it's trauma, you know, it's poverty, you know, it's were still coming from the pandemic that the you know, the after effects of the pandemic and the remnants of the pandemic having left a lot of people, you know, a lot, especially with the amount of finances that was in the streets during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Everybody had money. So now it's going back to be broken.
Speaker 3: And that's trauma in itself to one day you got one hundred thousand and fifty thousand, and next thing, you know, you got five dollars and you can't even you know, you can't make ends meet.
Speaker 2: So it's just so much going on.
Speaker 3: So I'm just praying for him, hoping that you know, he stays strong and you know, we get through this. But it's tough, man, It's really tough doing this boycott Black Murder, you know, initiative, in nationwide campaign.
Speaker 2: I have to really dig into it.
Speaker 3: You know, when this work is not just I'm going on to do this where you start looking at doing the research and looking at the data and then look at the communities with that it really impacted, and you start noticing trends and you start realizing that then it ain't just bad people, it's bad situations. It's like you said, it's meantal health it's so many different things that lead up to it. Then some people are just scared. And that's what my thing is about guns. If you give a scared person a gun, you don't know what could happen. If you give somebody who's not mentally doesn't have the mental capacity to have a gun, you don't know what. So everybody, everybody, Yo, everybody, No, everybody shouldn't have guns. I'm not everybody. There's a couple of people that know if they have guns. If they had guns, they would have killed about ten people already. Everybody don't have that. Just think about some of these people that have road rage, but they don't have guns. Right when you see the road the road rage with the guns, you've seen dudes really shoot through their window while they driving because somebody almost cut them off and they shooting through the window trying.
Speaker 2: To kill people. Have killed people.
Speaker 3: So all of those type of people had guns, and every time something like that happened, they was able to respond and react, you know, based on the emotions and the lack their control of their emotions they had.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's just it's just been it's been a tough week.
Speaker 3: It's been like a tough month dealing with this, but I'm faithful that God is gonna, you know, do what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully that you know your nephew will be all right and whatever the certircumstances are gets worked out, and like you said, when you are able to go and visit him and really sit with him and understand his perspective and all of that, you know, hopefully it'll help you to think through how to help him because you know, legit, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he even had to do.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything, so I haven't really had a conversation with but this is what you know, he's been arrested for.
Speaker 1: So you know, we just got to pray yep, yep, and make sure he has the proper representation no matter which way it goes, because that's another problem across the nation. We see so many people falling victim and you have in the past to just not having the proper representation so that whatever they are, whatever circumstances and whatever their fate may be, that you believe someone was there representing them to the best of you know, of the of the type of representation that they should be. You know entitled to. So it's it's a you know, like you said, it's a lot, because the courts are packed, the emails are coming in with people with different situations and tragic stories all across the country. It's a lot that's happening. And as we were saying, I think it was last week, we were talking about, you know, hoping that people are really paying attention and understanding that there are a lot of folks who feel like they need to turn their eyes away or turn it off, which is fine for your own mental health, but also knowing that this is a time for us, maybe not so much to turn to the information overload, but to certainly try to figure out who are the groups that we can work with. Because you said in the beginning that you know, trying to stop gun violence, and I don't believe that that's a reality. I don't think we could ever stop anything. I think we can reduce it. I think we can reduce it signal significantly and prevent some situations from happening. And so but that takes work. Like you know, to stop it is almost easier than to reduce it, right, Like you would think, Okay, if we stopped it, that means that there's some divine intervention and gun violence there's no more. That's like an act of God. But to prevent it and to slow it down, you know, to to reduce it, that's real work. It takes people who are real practitioners and they need resources. And unfortunately, being a gun violence intervention specialist is not a job that you can just go online and look it up and you know, thousands and whatever jobs pop up. You know, where there's money for it, and there's you know, investment and there's health insurance. It's really none of that unless you are connected to a good organization that has been doing it for years. So hopefully people will understand the need to be more involved. So that's that on that in my life, you know, definitely had In the last couple of weeks, I have had a few tragic things going on, and in fact, I've had three things over the last several months. My uncle passed away. My little cousin was mistaken for somebody. His car was the same as someone else who was involved in some type of incident, and so he was shot at, which caused him to be in a car accident and he lived, thank God. But lots of problems. You know what he experiences, body trauma. And now my first cousin. And you know, for a lot of people, when you say your first cousin, they're kind of like, okay, like you know, first cousin or cousins, like they don't see it. I noticed that a lot of people just don't have very close knit families the way that some people do, because I know a lot of people who do. I know a lot of people that have very close knit families, and I know a lot of people who don't have family at all or they don't really see or talk to their family members. And in my situation, it's not like that because my mother and father have been together for almost sixty years or maybe more than sixty years at this point I have checked, but definitely more than fifty five. And the way we were raised is like brothers and sisters with the children and my parents while they were there, you know, they have in laws, they don't call each other in laws. Everybody is a blended, very strong family. I have spent summers and holidays and birthdays and anything you could think of with either my mother's side or my father's side, and at some point even my mother's nephews and nieces and their generation. My parents' generation became family with my father's side because my parents when they would get for the summer, they would take two or three of my father's nieces and nephews and also my mother's nieces and nephews, and we all came together. So there's really no separation of people with people. Everybody knows everybody, and everybody has been close if you have a wedding, a birthday party, or anything. These families have come together for sixty years. That's a long time. So when one of us goes or something happens to an aunt whatever and ' especially a young person, which we've never experienced. Can you believe that we have never until this particular week have we ever lost except my brother who died before I was born, But we've never lost a young person of the forty fifty whatever generation. So, with that being said, my cousin had a seizure while he was driving and he ended up laming on his gas, running into another car and had a tragic car accident. He had to be cut out the vehicle before it was all said and done. Every kind of internal problem you could think of, every kind of all just types of things, brain swelling, bleeding, body, just everything happened to him. And finally, on this past Saturday, my aunt had to make and his brothers had to make what was probably the hardest decision that they have ever made, and then us as a family collectively being there to take him off the respirator and within thirty minutes he took his last breath, maybe an hour. So that has been traumatizing, And with all the situations that I experienced, I never really write about it on social media because you know, we're so traumatized from the work we do that our personal lives become very very quiet. People don't know, they have no idea about family things that we're having every now, and that you may say something before the most part, right, we saw to take it on the chin. But this has been so emotional and so heart wrenching and just so tragic that you know, I have solicited the prayers and support the family and friends, and so that is my what has been happening with me, but the last week, and it's been pretty tough. We have to bury him this weekend and it's just a hard situation.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to send on my condolences to the family, to your whole family. You know, it's I don't know about a lot of people, but I have first cousins that you know, like sisters to me. Most of my cousins are females, but I have you know, some family males. But it's some in particular that are really close to me. So you know, I don't wish that on anybody. I know, it's hard just thinking as I hear you saying that the mother had to make a decision, you know, to yeah to some for him to move on, you know. But like I said, you know when you told me, we just got to remember him in good spirits. You got to remember the person because you know, after that situation, him trying to move forward and trying to live not like he was supposed to live, probably wasn't going to be good for.
Speaker 1: Anybody, No, not with all the ailments that he would have had if he lived. His legs would have been amputated, he had brain issues because of that car accident, his body parts had all different types of things. He would have never he would have been my cousin the type of person that he was. He would have woke up with his legs amputated and been like, who's good idea? Was it for me to live with this? Like who made this decision? He would never have probably forgiven us as a family collectively, because that would not have been his way. He owned several barbershops. He had three children fourteen years old, seven and eight. He was a get up and go person. He and I have often been considered like the black sheets of our family because when we were younger, we stayed in trouble. But he turned his life in the right direction, was doing the right things. Entrepreneurship definitely didn't believe in working for nobody, you know, and then boom, here we go. So you know, life just happens. And as a result of that, all weekend I saw people posting a young man in a hospital bed, and I kept turning away from it fast. I did, you know, I think I liked one of Sean King's posts because I saw he was raising money for a family, and I already know if Sean posted it. Then I saw you posted it. I know it's something that's important. But something happened to a young man by the name of Ralph y'all, and I know you know the story. So I will let you tell this story.
Speaker 4: I I stood by my cousin's bed and I all, you know, when the nurse came in to clean him up, she asked, you know, people who wanted to leave to leave, and those who wanted to stay to stay.
Speaker 1: And I saw his body in the condition that it was in. So when seeing Ralph y'all popping up on my timeline, it's just something that I could not stomach because I was literally standing there looking at another young person forty years old, and I know Ralph is so much younger, but it just seems like black folks, like we just have so much trauma. I know, car accidents and things like that happen all the time, but it just still just feels like we can't even just live a life that we only have the regular things that you can't control. Because then you got the Ralph y'all situation at the same time. So what happened to him, Well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Ralph y'all was sixteen years is sixteen year old boy and he was going to pick up his siblings in Kansas City, Missouri, and he went to the wrong home. You know, I guess he had the wrong address. He went to pick them up, and when he went to the wrong home, the homeowner shot Ralph through the glass door, shot him once in the head, and then you know, he shot him first, then he shot him again in the head to make sure that he was dead, you know. And by the grace of God, Ralph has survived and he's on his way to recovering. But this was a white man, you know, And there seems to be absolutely no understanding why through a door that you would see a young kid who ask.
Speaker 2: I'm here to pick up.
Speaker 3: Something, and just on the mere sight that you would try to take his life and said, this is not standing in ther ground, this is not anything related to that. This is a murderer, mentionally murdered this young black boy and calling for justice, you know. And Attorney Lee Merrit is on the case along with Attorney Crump. They're both working on this case. But it's very, very very triggering just seeing those, you know, those pictures of him and like you said, in that hospital bad you know, it's it's just.
Speaker 2: I don't even understand. I just don't understand what what what what what level evil? You know, what it takes for me to take somebody's.
Speaker 1: Life, like they're going to say, they're gonna say, which you know, I need to Probably this week, I can't do it, but I will at some point try to get more details. But I'm sure that the excuse is going to be that he they felt threatened. They saw a man and there's and there's been robberies in the community, and there's been this, and I was nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's always saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just wanting I want to understand what makes you nervous by just seeing a young black man? What what was it about him that he did they'll make you nervous. He didn't brandish any weapon, he didn't do anything. What made you feel like you needed to shoot him? And then shoot him in the head, as you said over like, I don't understand this level. For me, in my mind, it's like you have to for me to just even want to harm you, you have to do something to me that is drastic. But for me to take your life, you know, what you would have to do is just stand in front of my door, you know. And I don't understand it. I just don't get it. And we constantly have these conversations, and young black men are constantly the victims of these situations.
Speaker 1: It's sad. I mean, it's just it's just too much. It's just too much. And you know, like I said, they'll come up with as many excuses as possible. But one thing I do know is that with Lee Merrit and Ben Crump and Sean King excuse me you, and so many others, I see all kinds of celebrities and people posting about it. With all of those folks involved at the onset versus in the ahmard arbery's situation, it took time before people even knew about it, and then time for Sean and Lee Merit to work there, you know, points of pressure and get everybody involved. But now people seem to be engaged in this from the beginning. So I think that eventually there will be they'll be an arrest, That's what I think.
Speaker 3: But you know, he was let go, you know, that's support I didn't really they said he was. He was brought down question and didn't let go, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's he's scared. He was scared. That's what they're gonna say. He was scared. So you know, it is what it is. And there's been, like you said, so many different tragic situations happening. Because even over this past weekend, while you had you know, my my cousin he you know, was in a tragic car accident and passed away on Saturday. But then there was a prom h two kids at a prom or going or coming from a prom. I'm not sure, but I saw that also, and those two individuals died in a car accident. And by the way, I think, if I'm not mistaken, that uh Floyd Mayweather's manager or assistant, a beautiful young woman. I think her name was like Kitty or something. She it seemed like she died in a car accident. I saw a meat mill and Milano posting about another young lady, beautiful young lady who died in a car accident. Then I think you guys posted a guy recently, some some some dude, he died in a car accident. Then you had t I's manager or his person, business partner, whatever, who had some type of medical issue. People, it's it's really a lot of death. It's really a lot of death.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: And I said that the other day, man, we have to really protect your soul, protect your energy, you know, protect your spirit, because death.
Speaker 2: Is you know, it's it's what we have war.
Speaker 3: I think it's you know, and and death is hitting us a lot. So I think keep your your surroundings and your circumference really tight. Yeah, you know, fast, do whatever you gotta do, you know, because a lot going on.
Speaker 1: It is it is, it is and and no, And we can't afford to have shootings because we're we already dying, were dying from health issues. We're dying in you know, like you said, the these these freak accidents, we're dying there. God bless our brother Jamie Fox, who had a serious medical emergency at the point of us taping. We know that he's His family has not updated people on where he is now except the fact that he began communicating. So you got all of these things happening. We can't afford to be fighting one another and shooting one another because we are already dealing with all these other challenges. And you know, I saw that a sweet Now, one thing I did actually read about, and you know, it hit me was the sweet sixteen that there was a major shooting in Alabama, I believe, I think I remember it was in Alabama and four people died. Four people at this sweet sixteen, and it brings me to my thought of the day. I was really sitting with something that I heard last week prior to us going to be with Justin Jones in Nashville, Tennessee. As I was preparing my remarks, I was doing some research and earlier in the morning I saw a historian on the news who was talking about the amount of mass shootings that had happened at that point last week and how it was more than the amount of days in the year. So it was like at that particular day, there was one hundred days in the year and there had been one hundred and forty seven mass shootings. So he was reporting that. I thought of the day was that with four people shot in Alabama in one place at one time.
Speaker 2: No, it's four people killed, it was twenty eight people shot.
Speaker 1: Wow. Se Yeah, obviously didn't read well enough. So but with four people killed, so twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight people injured injured in this.
Speaker 1: Situation, is that counted in the number of mass shootings? So every shooting that happens in the black community, black and brown communities where there are multiple people shot, multiple injuries, do they count those in the number of mass shootings? Happening across the country because I believe that if you put all of those numbers together, So if the shooting in Alabama, because I know one thing in the news, they do not call a shooting in an urban community where there are more than one where there is more than one person shot or more than one injury, I have never heard them use the word mass shooting to describe it. I've never seen I've never a witness the media slowing down. I've never witnessed the legislators having to go to the floor to talk about it. I've never seen the President of the United States and the Vice president going to visit that town or making a speech about the horrific incident that has happened in Chicago and Louisiana and New York and Alabama. I've never seen that. I've never ever ever seen the world focus in on the shooting of four five six people injuries as you said, twenty eight, but four people dead and call it a mass shooting and bring attention to it to make the case of why there has to be something done about gun violence. And so I wonder why is that, Because if you count the number properly, then we've had more than one hundred and forty six shootings in one hundred days. And now I'm understanding that the number has grown even more than that because there are mass shootings that basically happen every day. Under the current criteria for how they identify mass shooting, there have been more than one hundred and forty seven from last week. Right, So let's just say the number is at one fifty or one fifty one or two. Right. If you add what happens in our communities with our people too, that it could be two fifty in one hundred and ten day period. So we're dealing with the problem of epic proportion and then even in counting the numbers. And I'm not blaming the person who was on the news and what they're doing, because you know they had good intention people who trying to present data, right, But I'm just saying in America, if we look at an American crisis that does that all people are impacted by there is still racism in even reporting the numbers of how many people have been shot and how many mass shootings are happening across the nation. Still black and brown people are not even being counted unless like you have in Uvaldi where there were babies in the school, so therefore they counted that, but they won't even talk about them.
Speaker 2: And if they all counted, they not.
Speaker 3: We don't know it because you said, those are not the things that are highlighted. We don't see none of the president and nobody going to places in Chicago, places in New York where four or five.
Speaker 2: People are being shot at one time. We don't. That's not a thing, you know. And that's that.
Speaker 3: Goes back to where the slogan black Lives matter comes from.
Speaker 2: You know, all lives matter. No, we have to tell you that.
Speaker 3: Black lives matter because the situations like this, where we don't get the attention when the lives are lost in our communities. It's it's not seen as something that's tragic. It's seen as you know, status quo. You know, and that's what I tell people all the time.
Speaker 2: It is status quo.
Speaker 3: It's designed to capitalism and America was designed to keep us where we are. You know, we are expendable, we are we are products, we are consumers. You know, we are all the things that's supposed to feed the economy. Black man was never supposed to be benefit off of the economy. So that's why when you look at the wealth gap and you look at all those things, we always we've never represented over two percent of wealth in America. It's just never happened, you know why, because we were never designed to it. No matter if we were seventeen, eighteen, fourteen, fifteen percent of you know, the population, We've never we've never achieved over two percent of the wealth gap. So when people say things are better, we still are at two percent of world gap. So it's not really better, you just it's a perceived notion. Because now we have social media and people are either able to live about wealth or the ones who have wealth, you know, they weren't. They didn't see what was already done. So we have false sense of reality and false sense of you know, growth that's not really happening. So until we get on the same page and we start acknowledging what America is doing to us and how it's never focusing on us, and we start focusing on making sure that we highlight that we utilize our platforms, voices and resources and everything to combat the violence and the lack of you know, sensitivity for the violence in our community.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep seeing it happen every day.
Speaker 1: That's right, and she'll breathe. I would just say this. Someone asked me, actually, while I was at the hospital, one of my aunts walked up to me and was like, man, like, it's so much killing, just worrying me all the stuff going on, worrying about my other little cousins. They going to parties and you know, you don't want to stop their lives. And she was just like, you know, just worries me. It's just so much, and she said, and I just wonder, like what it's going to take to end it. I'm like, as long as you do not put a job resources, proper housing, deal with people's mental health issues and their other health issues. Make sure that families like mother and father have jobs, not just the young person. Because the young person have a little job and then they go to work and guess what, all their money is being taken up because they either trying to help their little sister or give money to their family. If you have to make sure that a whole realistic approach to the whole family being taken care of and not that. And when I say taking care of, I'm not talking about giving them a handout. I'm talking about giving them an opportunity, educating them properly, making sure they have access to clean food and things that like, not all the freaking sugar and disgusting stuff that we put in our bodies every day. That does not make us healthy. It doesn't make us our best selves, It makes us tied, it makes us sluggish. Right, make sure that people are healthy. If you do that, I bet you you will see you talking about reducing violence. That might actually bring it almost to a stop. Right you would have you would be able to make a clear determination of the shooters they would be. They would be they would be so they would be known, and they would be easily cast out, like we would see them, identify them and they be gone because.
Speaker 3: The research, because all everything else would be on points. So those, you know, just the negative and evil people, it'd be easy to get weeded out, you know, but it's a lot of people. I tell people all the time. Look, crime, poverty is crime, you know what I'm saying. Poverty is violence. And when we can't eliminate poverty, and we can't eliminate the things that create poverty, that contribute to property, that continue to face the poverty, you know then you can't stop violence.
Speaker 2: You just can't.
Speaker 1: So now we are shifting gears to talk about something that for the last week I have not been able to really get into the way I want to, And I guess today begins the beginning of me really trying, trying, trying to help people make sense of what took place last week.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the situation with the FBI and Shaquaula Robinson her, you know, with with the unfortunate news that we received, coincided with my cousin passing away, and for the first time in a long time, I was like, I just can't, like I just can't do all these things at one time, but you all were on it, my son and you know, until freedom of course, and then we have the best legal team. I tell people in America, if you want to know the best legal team in America, you need to be following us, because we had the lawyers. Son't listen to that bullshit they tell you on the internet, because that stuff is not true. So you all know that. At some point Attorney Ben Krump, he was he decided to take on yet another situation after he learned about the unfortunate story of Chanqula Robinson. But that did not happen without him having several conversations between myself and this young lady who is my our friend, our dear sister, who is an attorney that works with Attorney Crump, when she stepped in and said, I got this. You know, I'm going to manage this case. I'm going to travel to Mexico. I'm going to get down to the bottom of what happened to Shanmqualla Robinson. And that is Attorney Sue Ane Robinson, which is no relation to the Robinson family, although at this point she talks to them so much that they're probably becoming like, you know, distant cousins. But Attorney Sue Ane Robinson has a law firm called Frontline Law out of Florida, and she is of counsel to Ben Crump Associates, which is being Crump's law firm. Is it Ben Crump's Associates?
Speaker 5: Sean ban Crump Law?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just being Frump Law. Excuse me, I've been corrected, y'all. And so, Attorney Robinson, I know you don't have a long time today, but we're glad that you have joined us to kind of take us quickly through what has happened and then we can talk about the whys and like who's asked we need to kick I said that, not you, and so please let us bring us up to speed on what took place last week when in the Robinson family Shamfquali's family met with the FBI.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, my son, and my condolences to you Timika and your family's loss. Thank you so much for you know, coming right back in the game. As always, I appreciate you and all the work that your team does. Last week we had a meeting with the family with two of the US attorneys and two US attorneys and about ten or so of federal agents, and they basically said that they did their own independent autopsy. After their autopsy results indicated something different from the Mexican autopsy, which is that there's no neck injury, they decided that they would now start an investigation into the case. Then they spoke to witnesses, which they didn't tell us specifically which witnesses. And then after they did that so called investigation, and they decided not to file charge, not to file homicide charges. Now it's important too things One because it's a transnational criminal case. The only charge is that they can bring against a US citizen that commits a crime against another US citizen is murdered. So they can't charge anybody with assault or battery or something like that, so it has to be a murder charge. That's still not an excuse because obviously we see what's in the video, and we know that Shapula Robinson's body had contusion on her head, she had a big knot on her forehead, and that she had some contusions around her eyes, and their autopsy actually confirmed that she also had swelling on the brain, which indicates that she had head trauma. So it's all the signs line up in terms of the condition of her body for what we see in the video in terms of her being beaten. So to me, our first question to them was, well, what is your autopsy results? Why did that make you start finally investigating number one?
Speaker 5: Because remember our.
Speaker 1: Urgency has always been ta maka that you know every day that passes that they weren't investigating or questioning the people who were in the home, the travel mates.
Speaker 5: They could be getting their story straight.
Speaker 1: They could be deleting text messages, they could be doing anything, and so the FBI admitted that there was a delay because they didn't start that investigation until after the autopsy results came out, which honestly makes no sense.
Speaker 5: To me, but it it is par.
Speaker 1: For the course because it indicates what we've suspected all along, which is they've never taken the case.
Speaker 5: Seriously from the beginning.
Speaker 1: So they did an autopsy on shan Pula's body after it had already gone through it thorough autopsy, which Pulla and Ms Robinson and the Robinson family have actually authorized me to release some of the Mexican autopsy just so the public understands, like when the US authorities are saying, oh, we did other autopsy and kind of discrediting the Mexican autopsy, they will actually see how thorough it was for themselves, so that you can kind of say, well, this comparison or this kind of disparity doesn't really make sense. But the US authorities autopsy was done after the body had already gone through an autopsy which includes looking at organs, doing certain cuts, and then the body was put back together and then embalmed, and then by the funeral home and then transported to the United States. So that's when they did their autops So the FBI is saying, don't trust this Mexican autopsy done by the Mexican authorities that indicates that she had a spinal injury that was done contemporaneously with her being dead. Trust the autopsy done weeks later, after the body has already been prepared for burial and embalmed. This is the autopsy that we're using to say that we're not going forward with chartists. It's outrageous, it's unreasonable, it's disrespectful to Shinko's marry and what happened to her, and of course to all of us who can see in the video what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm perplexed because basically you're telling me. First, like you just said, you know, you do something. Weeks and months later, you do, you perform an autopsy, and you come up with the fact that her neck wasn't broke. But the fact that you you're making just her neck being broke the only criteria for how she was murdered to me is crazy. Right when you're saying she has contusion, she says all the other things that are you know, that are that equate to the fact that she was murdered, you know, and they overlooked that because because they say that there's no spinal injury, Like, I don't understand. What about the rest of us, What about what we're seen on the video? What about what we've seen with.
Speaker 1: Our own eyes?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And then I heard that there was something that said that, you know, there was supposed to be like a fight that.
Speaker 1: They agreed she agreed to agreed to a fight two people. Okay, okay, Well here's the issue with that theory. If you say, what do you say that? Let me just say this, because my song is going, what about the you know, the brain, the head injuries? What about this? What about that? The other question, what about she's dead? Like is that does that play into any What about the fact that she's dead.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying, and all of these things that you see that's wrong with her, along with the fact that she's dead, shows that somebody killed us.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying.
Speaker 1: Their position is they cannot determine, based on their autopsy exactly what her cause of death is. They are going to list her cause of death that's undetermined and not go forward with charges, so that in and of itself is a conflict. So they're saying, we can't rule out that it was based on the fight, and specifically said those words. We cannot rule out that she was not killed by injuries from this beating that she took, but.
Speaker 5: We're gonna list it as undetermined.
Speaker 1: So so the frustration really, you know, no, you're going to get into the part about the two people agreed to a fight.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Shankquila.
Speaker 1: They made sure to advise us that Shankqula was being a normal twenty year old, twenty five year old that was of age on a vacation and was drinking. Oh, she was drinking. We were advised she was drinking. Yes, we know that. And then she was drinking when she got there. Okay, that makes sense. She's on her vacation with her okay, and then she was drinking at this time and she was drink at this time. So they're telling us all this, I understand, to imply even though they cannot determine because they didn't do any toxicology because they couldn't. They didn't examine any of her organs because they couldn't, so the autopsy was very limited. They're trying to imply by their own context story that she's intoxicated. Okay, that's fine, we'll give it intoxication. Then how would they be able to then say, oh, witnesses advised us that what we're actually seeing is that two people agreed to a mutual comment. If she's intoxicated, hot number one, how is she going to consent to to to mutual combat being beaten to being beaten? No, absolutely, that's what That's what we're seeing. That's what we know happened.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, we got trying to be.
Speaker 3: Heard on tape when they tell her to fight back and she's saying no, right.
Speaker 1: Because we're all supposed to ignore what we can see with our own eyes. That's what we're supposed to do and believe that, oh this is the.
Speaker 6: And even if it is, even if it was, which it absolutely was not. If you move, if you mutually agree to fight someone and the person kills you.
Speaker 2: You responsible murder that person.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing. Let me just say this, because I think the level of disrespect and the game that is being played is beyond real. I saw Tina Laws and Beyonce It's mother write a long post like this shit is ridiculous. It's outrageous what has happened here. And it's so sad because in this country we have gone from Shanquala Robinson to Ralph y'all so quick that people have ship did their attention from last week's thing or in between that the Justin's in Tennessee being expelled or expawled whatever from their seats. There is so much and by the way, during this week, Jalen Walker shot at ninety times hit forty something times by police in Akron, Ohio is a thing. It's so much shit going on that is at this point it's clear that even the federal government is playing on the fact that we can't stick with one thing but for so long, right right and because because because in this situation, nothing you're telling me that they're saying makes sense, And I'm gonna tell you why. And I've been trying to understand them because I'll be telling my son sometimes like, well you kind of got to think about this and that, and then then the nine he'd be like no, or we both will say, well, you know what, that does make sense in this situation, Well we are to I know that this is how it works because we from the street. All of us here, we've been growing and raised in the hood. We know how it works. If me and you are fighting and I don't continue to fight back, and you are beating on me and I'm doing nothing, the fight is over. That is that's it.
Speaker 3: That's the rules of a fish. That's a fight that we consent to. Once I'm not fighting back anymore, they get that's now.
Speaker 1: Everybody goes around talking about, oh, you got your ass whooked, and they walk around telling everybody, and everybody hears the story.
Speaker 5: And you stay in the.
Speaker 1: House the rest of the summer because now you've been embarrassed as somebody who got beat down and didn't even fight back. That is how it works. The people who are there, the friends who are standing around, at the point that you stop fighting back and you're taking a beating, they are supposed to say it's done. It's over, especially if all of us were some point supposed to be friends. So that's that's that's now, that's the that's not the law, right. But if I die, it becomes a legal thing that you continue to beat me to the point where I die.
Speaker 5: I mean, here's the thing, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: Two things. One day wasn't in the hood. They was in Cabo. They was spending two k a night to stay at the spot who were at the Cabo luxury mansion saying let's do a fight club. Nobody, Okay, you're not doing that because we are chilling, we.
Speaker 5: Are having drinks, we are hanging out.
Speaker 1: Et cetera. Nobody is up here like you know what, y'all, let's take it back to the hood, in the in the expensive.
Speaker 5: Mansion overlooking the sea.
Speaker 1: Nobody is doing that. So when the FBI is telling me some crazy stuff like that, the disrespect is that you would think that I would think that that's what they were doing on their vacation. So you're disrespecting me and black people by stereotyping and saying.
Speaker 5: Well, y'all, you know what y'all do. It don't matter where y'all lie.
Speaker 1: It don't matter that y'all are on the luxury vacation in a ten star villa with a private chef.
Speaker 5: This is what y'all do.
Speaker 1: This is some deep shit for real. But you gotta come back because you need to go. I'm gonna keep the time you gave me, so you have to come back because we have to continue to break down other parts because the next thing we need to talk about is what does this mean for Americans traveling abroad who believe that there's some type of protection by the American government and you happen to be black or a black woman, because you know, and by the way, I'm not going to Mexico no time soon. I'll tell you that right now, because every single few days, twice a week, I've been seeing shot killed, captured at sea, kidnapped. That it's not the things in Mexico is not going well for American citizens. But the last thing I want you to talk about before you go is that the family has decided that they are not going to let this end here. Is it possible that if there's more information that comes out, they will be the Feds could change their current position. That's one two, because this wouldn't be double jeopardy because they haven't charged them. So tell us that ten Mexico's still extradite and what is happening on May nineteen, So the Feds could indict if they because they said, you know, if they get more investigation, that's what they claim, and more information, that's what they put in their statement. So they're leaving that door open, which again goes to what we said from the very beginning. We're expected to carve our own path to justice. They want us to do their job, so they're not investigating the case. They're like, oh, y'all figure it out and then if you bring us everything wrapped in the bow, we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 5: Okay, no problem, got you.
Speaker 1: In terms of the extradition, what the family is asking for now is for a high level of diplomatic intervention in order to prioritize Shainpula's case so that the extra extradition process can move forward. Because Mexico indicated that they've completed their packet, they've completed their investigation, which we attached some of the investigative documents to the letter. So they're like, hey, we've already identified as suspect, we're ready to extradite the person. We've submitted. We're waiting for you all well, specifically for the Department of State to approve the extradition documents. So we're saying, listen, if you don't want to press your own charges, facilitate and prioritize the extradition process and let them get on. Let them get on and be prosecuted in Mexico, and that makes sense so for us, and what the family is doing and what until Freedom in the Community is doing is that on May nineteenth, we are going to rally in the US capital and walk to the State Department to essentially demand on the two hundred day that this takes place, that the case we prioritize, and that the person that Mexico has already identified, already submitted a packet for, already done their own investigation, be extra diuieted to Mexico so that someone who participated in this horrific crime is held accountable.
Speaker 2: Sounds and I.
Speaker 3: Just want to say we appreciate you for, you know, taking the rains on this and really just every day. I know I've been watching you, you know, going to Mexico nights, you know, calling Tamika days. Look, this was going on you like, y'all y'all really serious, man, and I and I love to see how you know, we're fighting for black women. I just want you to know I got your back. This woman deserves justice. And the fact that I would quote unquote Justice Department in FBI don't see that.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just it's a disgrace, man.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna keep on fighting and fight don't stop, you know, you know one monkey, don't stop, no show.
Speaker 2: That's how they say it. Man.
Speaker 3: So we go on to the next thing. You know, if we got to get extradition in Mexico, got to do it. But we ain't gonna stop.
Speaker 1: So May nineteen, May nineteen, and I just want to say that, you know, Massan, thank you for the constant support Attorney Trump. You know, he had the family with him, I think in North Carolina or somewhere recently, making sure that they get the type of attention people don't. They want to know why Ben Frump, because when Ben moves, the media moves with him, and cases that would never get attention, they get some awareness brought to those matters because Attorney Crump, you know, is out there on the front line. So thank you, Attorney Robinson. Please go take care of your business for the day we already made you three minutes late. I appreciate you, and you be safe, love you, Sorry, well you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you. Guys. Hope to see be blessed.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's not a crock of bullshit, I am and you know, some people are gonna say no because you don't know the law and this and that. Listen, the law I have used me.
Speaker 3: The law has taken young black men's lives for way less than that ship. The law has locked us up, thrown away the key for ship that's less than that.
Speaker 2: But hearing the voice that somebody's.
Speaker 4: Saying made up, that's trumped up, no pun intended.
Speaker 3: So it's just for me, it's just like I don't understand. Excuse me, I don't understand what's going on here. But I do understand what's going on here because this is America. You know, this is what America does. They show us every day how they don't value us, you know, and my cadoleas is again to Shinquella's family. But you know, we're gonna keep fighting, man, We're gonna keep on fighting. I believe like they say, I believe that we were winning. We just keep on fighting. May nineteenth.
Speaker 1: I never in my life believed that they were gonna do the right thing for Shamfaulla. I never believed it.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: I actually thought this was open and shut, and I started to get myself.
Speaker 2: As Listen, these are other black people. They they'll protect their people.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't believe. You know why, But I didn't believe it. But I tell you this much. Once people started to get involved and folks start really calling it out, and Ben and Swinn decided to take on the case, I was like, Okay, now we're getting somewhere. But from day one I was concerned because I when they originally came out with a statement before we saw the video saying that there was no foul play and case was closed. I already knew right then they didn't even try. They didn't even try, so I knew what we were dealing with from that, from that exam, they already had a statement out before the video was even released that there was no foul play and it was done right. This was based upon whatever initial whatever, whatever, whatever. So how why would I believe that after some days they would come back and say, Okay, we saw the video and now we're going to do something. I mean, I wanted to believe that, but they have shown us over and over and over again to your point that we just don't we can't get We cannot get the type of respect and justice that is consistent because the same Department and Justice. We've had many days when we've had to talk about how we appreciate the fact that some things have moved forward and there has been accountability in a few cases. And so some people would say, well, you can't win them all. No, you can't win them all. But in this situation, we are these eyes. You see, these eyes are pretty white today.
Speaker 2: We've seen them with the eyebows. We've seen them with our own eyeboat.
Speaker 1: Because of the fact that they did not take it seriously and do something to figure out from the beginning what was going on. They because this statement is out again before the video, so that means that she dies, the US is informed, and they make a determination based upon Mexico and America at that time said oh, nothing happened, and they go forward with putting out a statement that says no foul play. Well, in the midst of all that they're losing time before bodies being in her body, being in balm and all these other things, they're losing time to be able to do the proper autosi that would help them determine all the things that happened to her and the cause of death. So time played a role in why Shanquala Robinson is not getting the accountability from the American government that she deserves, definitely.
Speaker 3: And then when you talk about them putting the body back together, and then I'm saying that the net was never separate, like, well, dug, I mean, but it's just it's just, you know, it's so much going on, man, and it's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's just stupid. It's just really stupid, man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's called mass My family member ain't number mess.
Speaker 2: That number mess onto onto before before I get into my I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to just give a shout out, you know, you know, I'm a big sports fan. Yesterday I was just in the house after taking my sons to the soccer game and watching.
Speaker 2: Them play all day. I was in the house and I was watching.
Speaker 3: The Clippers versus the Phoenix game, which was a dope game. Shout out to both teams. They played hard. But I just I really just wanted to give flowers to somebody. And because I watched and and so many ways the individual minds me and my out right Russell Westbrook. Right, Russell Westbrook is a Hall of Fame, you know, point guard, and he's been through the last couple of years. He's been through a lot. You know, he went to the Lakers and everybody's trying to say he's the cause of why they weren't winning. He wasn't playing good, he wasn't the people trying to throw them away. They try to disrespect him. You got lower level players who have never accomplished with these he's accomplished. You got fans disrespecting them. You got to make articles about him, everything you could think of, and through it all, Russell Westbrook has never lost confidence in him like what.
Speaker 2: It takes to be that level of it. Like you will watch other.
Speaker 3: Individuals that when they're being criticized and they're not playing good, You'll watch them start to lose their own confidence. They start to shy away from the moment. They want to do less. They just happy to be there. You know, they're not taking as many shots. They gonna take two shots if they open, they say, I'm not gonna take the shot. Russell Westbrook does not have that mentality. He has the fearlessness and the heart of a lion. Just watching him play every day. If you back up from Russell Westbrook, he gonna take the shot. He don't give fuck how many people tell me he can't shoot. He has a mentality that is only a warrior's mentality, and yesterday watching him play, it just made me respect.
Speaker 2: Him so much more.
Speaker 3: He's been traded from the Lakers to the Clippers, and watching how he's moved continue to be great, Like he pretty much won that game. He did little things that if you watch the game and you understand basketball, he played a level of defense and the level of intense with the level of intensity that nobody else could match, because in his mind, he's always the best player on the field. I don't give a fuck. The man was three for nineteen yesterday he missed. That means he only hit three shots out of nineteen. He missed sixteen shots. But never did he not take the shots, never did he not want the ball, never did he stop being aggressive that whole game. He made the biggest defensive play of the game and didn't hit two crutch free throws that stealed that game. And I just want to give give the flowers to Russ because Russ has taken so much. And I was watching him and I was looking at his eyes, and I know what that is. I know when people try to throw you away and tell you not as good, and this and that ball off and this and that and you and when you have this undying belief in you and you know that you're great, That's what Russell represents. So I just want to shout him out, you know, I want to say, your fearlessness and the level of heart that you have is I don't think I've seen I've seen some great players, right, I've seen great players that when it was told that they didn't have it no more and they had not just that he was total that they didn't have it no more.
Speaker 2: He went to a team right where it wasn't his team.
Speaker 3: Because most of the great players, they stay on the team that's their team. So when they getting criticized, they still could take forty and fifty shots a game. They still starting every game, so they able to the coach is still telling me your year. But he went on a team where you started to see that they was losing confidence in this game, and he never lost confidence in him. He still went out there with the same energy and went to the next team. And now the level that he's playing at and the heart that he always plays with is just unmatchment. So I just wanted to shout him out and say, man, Russ, continue to do because it's inspirational for me watching you. And I was watching him yesterday and he was just playing with the energy that was unmatched. I don't care how big you was, nothing. Russ plays with the energy in that game, with the belief in himself that I don't think I've ever seen any other basketball player.
Speaker 2: I've seen the greats.
Speaker 3: I don't think that Michael Jordan in his final season when he was on walk the Wizards, was playing with the level of belief in his game that that Russy Westwood plays it. So I just want to say shout.
Speaker 2: Out to Russ. It was a big one yesterday, man, and it was motivational just watching you, you know. So I just wanted to say.
Speaker 1: That that's amazing.
Speaker 2: It is it is. It is amazing, man.
Speaker 3: You just if you were to watched that game and just know what Russ has been through and watch all the games he gets criticized or why is he taking the shot?
Speaker 2: Because he always believes he gonna make the shot.
Speaker 1: And now that you somewhere in his life there is a group and particularly a black woman or many black women who believe in him that tell him that he's great every single day, bro.
Speaker 3: I hope so because he definitely believes it, and watching him play, he believes that there's nobody better than him on that court at any given time. He's not gonna be swayed. You're not gonna talk about the game. He's not gonna have one bit of fear. He gonna step up, he gonna play the best player. He's gonna play defense, he gonna out rebound seven foot this.
Speaker 2: He just gonna do everything it takes to win.
Speaker 3: So you know, that's the type of person I want with me and a bunker and a dog fight back to back because you know, when los A draw, he gonna be there with you, man, So shout out to him and that. So with my I don't get it. So you know, I'll always have conversations with people are going all online and you know, and there is this this notion, right, there's this notion that comes and I don't know where it came from.
Speaker 2: I think I know where it came from.
Speaker 3: I think it came from individuals who have low self esteem, who.
Speaker 2: Who who try to hide weakness, who.
Speaker 3: Who actually are afraid, you know, who feel under accomplished or whatever it is. But there's the this notion that because people have money, or they have things, or you know, they have possessions, that they're somehow better than someone else, right, And that notion, to me, I vehemently despise it. I denounce it. I deny it, and I always say it's not it's not what a person possesses, the content of an individual's character. And you know, we become so overwhelmed by what people possess in today's society that.
Speaker 2: We overlook good people moral.
Speaker 3: And integrity, you know, the same way. I don't just respect like I don't. I don't care about how much money you got. I don't care how much things you have, Just like when the dudes in the street come to me and say I'm a shooter and I shot this one. I don't care about none of that shit. None of that shit don't mean nothing to me. I'm not scared, I'm not impressed. None of those things mean Uh. I want to talk about the individual you are. You know, what kind of friend on you of, what kind of heart do you have, what kind of morals do you have? That's what divine's and individual And I'm so I just really don't get why we allow in this day and age that as soon as we start talking about things that have to do with character, things that have to do with who an individual really is, that some weak individual wants to tell me how much money someone has, you know, And I really don't get it.
Speaker 2: And I want to say.
Speaker 3: To my young kings and queens, don't let nobody try to make you feel less than because they may have more than you. Right, because all those things, I've watched millionaires have millions and millions.
Speaker 2: Of dollars and go to nothing and have zero.
Speaker 3: But I never seen a person who is a good character and integrity ever lose that I've seen. I've seen millionaires who was pieces of shit lose all their money and still be a piece of shit. When you're a good individual, when you're a good when you're a personal good moral fiber and integrity and strong character, you can lose a million dollars and still be wealthy. Right, some people are so poor all they have is money. So don't let nobody think or make you think because you don't have possessions, that somehow they're better than you, or they have.
Speaker 2: Some level something over you. You know, and I don't. I want.
Speaker 3: I want to say that because I see it so much. I watch social media, and this is why these kids are committing suicide. This is why crime raises so how because they're trying to They're trying to get the possessions. You know that I want to have the money like somebody else. If I had the money, then I could be this person. No, be this person, be that person, Be a person of good character. You know, when you do the things the right way and you and you live your life in a respectful manner, you're gain the money gonna come. But don't don't don't lose yourself trying to, you know, to to compete or make somebody make you feel like you less than because you don't have possessions. Man, it ain't what's in you. I mean, it ain't what's on you is within you, man, what you got it what sinside your soul?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I just I just wanted to say that because I felt like it was a real moment because I have these conversations all the time with individuals that want to tell me about what somebody has and oh, this person's better, he got more money and this and that, and I dispel that myth, and I don't want our babies to believe that. I want you to understand you are just as valuable as anybody.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You are just as value of, not more valuable than a lot of these people who so they sold to get these possessions.
Speaker 1: I have nothing to add. That was beautiful, beautifully stated, and very very true.
Speaker 3: With that said, we're glad that y'all love Street Politicians the number one podcasts in the world.
Speaker 2: We're gonna continue to do us.
Speaker 3: We're gonna continue to bring you heartfelt, real topics, real people, celebrate our friends, talk about shit we don't like. Tell us what you don't like, Inform us what you want to hear, who you want to interview, give us your feedback. We appreciate y'all for the support and as we close to me because I meant to say, Harriet Tubman, not Rose Fox, because this is the Harriet Tubman thing.
Speaker 2: Look, so what I said when you were like the Fox used.
Speaker 1: To have little things around like.
Speaker 3: Most of it is Harriet Tubman that you see with the headdress. So I'm you know, let me let me follow back.
Speaker 1: I think I think they should put some pictures in there, but I do Rosa Fox used to wear her hand with headdress.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I know we always see Harry with the headdress. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's one of the most famous pictures of Harry. You see Harriet with the braids or the head dress. So I could be right, but I know what I was when I thought about I was like, no, it's more, it's more Harry.
Speaker 2: It's more Harry.
Speaker 1: Any well, maybe it was the braids. It was it was her braids. I definitely know she used to wear a headdress and like a twist, but she did.
Speaker 2: I know, I see one with the head dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Harriet, I mean Rosa Parks wore hats and then she wore like a braided thing. But she also did with her headbands and stuff. So you know, both of them was doing rock and they think that's that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, Like as as I always say, I'm not gonna always be right, I can always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always be authentic.
Speaker 1: Please listen to Street Politicians on the Black Effect Network on iHeartRadio
Speaker 3: And catch us every single Wednesday for the video version of street politicians on Eyewomen dot tv,