Speaker 1: First and foremost, if you come in my car, yeah, allow me to drive how I want to drift?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, what does that mean? Hey guys, welcome to Renee. All day here with Tyler Boyd. How you doing today?
Speaker 2: I done great?
Speaker 3: How about doing good? Talk to me real quick about the season. What feels different about this season? To you've been here a minute? How's this one feel any different?
Speaker 1: I think, first and foremost just the camarditie and the fans and just the city, you know, just just coming to live is making us feel like we are who we believe that we are, you know, and that's a championship caliber team.
Speaker 3: Certainly, it's really cool to see. Like, so I moved to Cincinnati just about two years ago, jumped on the bandwagon. I'm from Canada, to be clear, so I really had not picked who my football team was yet. So but to just to see like the swell of the love for you guys here, like, it's really crazy. Can you go out anywhere?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: I mean it's not you know, I don't get the Joe Burrow treatment where they just bombard on then staying around them and you know all of that. But yeah, when I'm out you know, I embraced that, you know, because I want to be inspiration to younger people than just people in general, you know, just just just be a type of person that want to drive other people to become the better them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we love that. Biggest difference from year one to now for you as a player, as a person, as a man, What are some of the differences.
Speaker 1: I think just knowing just well, first and foremost, just just playing inside the lines, just just knowing what my job is, you know, knowing what I'm supposed to do in between the lines, knowing what coverage it is and how I'm supposed to run a specific route, and just just being comfortable, just being confident in my game and just knowing what I bring to the table.
Speaker 3: How do you did you feel like when you knew and you've landed on that confidence of like I know where I'm at, I know what I bring to the table. Did you feel that really kind of like settle in that you were like just you know, kind of firing off on all cylinders.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, because for me when I first came here, it was it was kind of slow, was very up and down roller coaster route for me. Yeah, I started my rookie year got hurt, my second year didn't got healthy, wasn't playing, I was inactive healthy.
Speaker 2: Then, you know, I had.
Speaker 1: To just take the back end of it. Then once I finally got my second opportunity, that's when I started to uh make plays and become who I knew I would be. And then from that point on, that's when I made that go ahead touchdown to we made the Ravens. And from that day four, that's when I regained all momentum and confidence.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so the locker room. I understand that there's a lot of games that happened in the locker room, from the chest to the ping pong. What else is happening in that locker room? Are there other games that are being played? Are changing the games out? Are we in the pickleball? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we try not to kind of do the same thing all the time. But the number one game in there is ping pong, you know, and that's what everybody A lot of the guys play. And we've got the corn hole going in there.
Speaker 3: Cornhole, Now, okay, don't decision games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta get on that too. Card games, you know, tongue spades, whatever, guys know how to play in. Or we'll go in the gym and just shoot some hoops, shoot some jumpers, and you know, just just find ways to stay competitive against one another and just to continue to drive us in a way to where you know, you just just.
Speaker 3: Embrace what when are you the best at? You guys are obviously keeping score of these things. You must be.
Speaker 1: I will say if I go to if I was going there and compete against somebody, would be for sure ping Paul, Yeah, I think I'm the top three players in there.
Speaker 3: And coordination arguably yeah, and definitely should Yeah. Okay, So I've, of course, was scrolling through your Instagram before sitting down here with you, and I see the video of the car. I'm not a car person. What's the car? Okay? What this was the dream car for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not going to ask you what cost. I'll look it up later. What are the rules of being a passenger in your car? Do you have rules?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, not too many.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, if you come in my car, you allow me to drive how I want to drive.
Speaker 3: Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I mean depending on how I feel.
Speaker 1: I might just want to cruise around if I'm trying to get the point A to point B and I'm going to hit it, okay, And then I mean you just got to live with that.
Speaker 2: And I'm always in the.
Speaker 3: Ox, So no like sitting like I hate that. When I'm driving and I see someone do like the fake break the hit the brake, I'm like, okay, I got it. Yes, everyone, there's.
Speaker 2: Only one that is not get in the car.
Speaker 3: Okay? What about like food and drinks some stuff? Are we allowed to have snacks in there? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there's a lot of snacks going on there.
Speaker 1: Some people's wife make big cookies and they bring them in the locker room and they sit them on the table.
Speaker 2: So guys, can you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean I'm a big snack eater, but a lot of guys may not be.
Speaker 2: They they on their diet.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm nice and lean and I don't gain as much weight as those guys.
Speaker 3: Must be nice to be Tyler Boyd, what are your snacks? What's what do you keep on hand? What's your go to?
Speaker 1: Well, we are receiver group as a unit, you know, we always get the young guys, rookies to go get snacks, you know, so we got a bunch of it's a bunch of snacks in the room. So my go to is probably I got a couple of slim gems, okay, and then into it or some gushers.
Speaker 2: It was my go to and then.
Speaker 3: Your childhood like memories.
Speaker 2: Probably will never get off of those.
Speaker 1: And chip wise, the big flame of hotss a little healthier butt ship.
Speaker 3: I was kind of sleeping on the flameing hot for a long time. But you know what I like. It's a flaming hot, just like the chips of it. Like there's a flaming hot Cheetos just a straight up chip is like, oh.
Speaker 2: It's like the flame hot. They all good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Have you seen the Flame and Hot movie? You know there's a big into the flame and hot. Have you had grippos? Yes, those barbecue chips don't give you a little night.
Speaker 1: So they used to well pac Man Jones, you know pac Man, he used to have a restaurant here.
Speaker 2: I forget what it's called wings Spot.
Speaker 1: Right after we retire, we used to get every Friday because he did the grip wings No, so we would you know, always get those games, and now I'm get those back.
Speaker 3: I might try to recreate that at home. I consider myself a little bit of wis in the kitchen. What if I did that and like threw it on the smoker look out? Actually probably better deep fried because you want it to be christ right. Yeah, you got to get that crisp in there. Okay, So mister levels over here, what's the next level? It's the next level for you?
Speaker 2: Uh. Personally, I didn't play so long.
Speaker 1: It was going on my eighth year, and I think it's a lot that I can accomplish. I still believe in my career, but I think in a position i'm out right now.
Speaker 2: I believe that. I think my next step is getting our Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 3: Yes, as it should be, as it should be, and as it will happen.
Speaker 1: Close last three year. Now it's that time to walk through the door. Foot is right there, right, the body goes straight through the door.
Speaker 3: Yes, the door has been unlocked. The foot is in there. We're just putting a shoulder into it. At this point, we're getting into it. So we know that you're a big spender. We've heard about this. I know Jamar had talked about this when he talked about us spending is his first rookie million. What is the dumbest thing you've purchased, your most like regrettable purchase.
Speaker 2: It's a great question, actually.
Speaker 3: Like I have a lot of stupid things, and I'm like, how did how long have I been subscribed to this thing? I get like it's updated or like on my visa or something like why do I still have this? Those are small little things, though, but I'm sure yours are maybe a little more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the thing I do good at spending, I think once I start spending stupid.
Speaker 2: Is the club? Then?
Speaker 3: Oh that's what doesn't That's what it is. Do you drop a night at a club? What are we having? How do we get this bill up so high? What's what's on the menu?
Speaker 1: So it just depends on the group of people that's going. So if it's just me and my homeboy, you know, I can minimize it. Maybe I can get through a night maybe for to low under that. But if it's me a couple of teammates or just cocktails, that's just the club part, so dinner part, That's what I'm saying. Depending on the group of people that we're moving with, that's going basically identify the amount of money that's going to be spent, because if we're fifteen deep, we gotta get more than three bottles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta make sure.
Speaker 1: And then the table already might be five K. That's going to stretch it to seven. And I think it's kind of points. But the time, I'll just I'd love enjoy having fun.
Speaker 3: Do you ever though, as this is happening and everyone's having a good time, at the end of the night, when everyone's like my charler's checking it all, do you ever go to guys, come on, pitch me like one hundred bucks, then mommy, hit me a little something. Just assume that you're picking up the bill. Now you've let people get a little too comfortable.
Speaker 1: So that's the the part where I feel like it's a fine line because when I know when I'm moving with the correct people that's in my group that's like not a ball player or doesn't have the amount of money that I have. Yeah, you know, I always take the responsibility and getting it. You know, it's cool because I know that I ain't going there might be a specific days where I'm not gonna go crazy.
Speaker 2: Sure, so if I'm with now and then.
Speaker 1: Or some people that I know that I got a little bit of change, And I mean that's kind of understood. You got it just as a man. You just like, here, look, I'm gonna pitch my half and for me and my group. So I mean when nobody does that, like, that's when I feel like, yo, like, come on, this ain't a free wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, at least like for at least reach for the wall.
Speaker 1: At least reach if I'm getting the dinner, you get the tip, and do it right, do it. Don't give her two hundred if the mill is two thousand, and give her close to one thousand.
Speaker 3: Waitressing when you're around them, those days are behind me. But I would have found out where you're hanging out. So you're you're in your eighth season, but going back to your rookie year you first start making this money. What did you spend your money on? Right out the gate? Uh?
Speaker 2: Right out the gate? I just took care of my family. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I finished span off my mom's house and I got her a range, drove a red one red as a favorite color. Then from that point I shipped to my aunt, got her house and got her Mercedes truck at g Lee c I can't remember. And then from that point that's when I got my house, my big purchase.
Speaker 3: Oh you got to everyone else taking care.
Speaker 2: Of her four years before myself.
Speaker 3: You know what a guy top tier because it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't for them. Then that's I like that. Yeah, I did all to so love first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly, Okay, eight season. You've been around for a minute. What are the perks of being one of the vets in the locker room aside from the gushers and the flaming hot cheetahs.
Speaker 1: I think just having a respect, you know, everybody looking up to me, knowing how my journey came from until now, and just you know, coaches taking care of me.
Speaker 2: I practice, you know, that's the number one thing.
Speaker 1: But me myself, I kind of never want to take any vet days because I always feel like I can get better or work on something just to get out there, because you know, when I just feel like if I miss a day or two days and I get back out there, I'm be a little sluggish, maybe not on point, maybe brain falling on plays, not really locked in. So I kind of at least like to go out there just hear the plays, just run around.
Speaker 2: Do individuals just something.
Speaker 3: How does it feel when you do have downtime, like during the off season stuff? What are you doing to stay busy?
Speaker 1: I mean at this point you count got basically all our time now, So yeah, I go home, I might call my daughter, just being the fun for a couple of people, then maybe on the game for a little bit. Then I'm back in bed by eleven thirty twelve.
Speaker 3: That's that's where it's a gets a bit early.
Speaker 1: You know, it's n got to get them out of nothing. Nothing going on during the week days anyway.
Speaker 3: So totally get this weekly in the.
Speaker 2: Perfect seat where you know my spending is all time.
Speaker 3: Okay, you mentioned your daughter. She is a cheerleader. You're a cheer dad. Do you know the cheers? Can we do a cheer.
Speaker 1: I can't, honestly, but I did tell my daughter that I would love to do a TikTok with her, but she thinks I can't dance, which I can't, dang, but she don't want me to mess her videos up. So that's why I'm kind of happy.
Speaker 3: Algorithm, you know, she keep it.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you don't do it right, then you're not doing it like she's not kind of you know, embarrassed. It's just like me having her play football, so you know, like, but I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: I love it. If you were to put together a cheer routine, which song would you pick to put this routine together? To what's a good cheer routine song?
Speaker 2: I would have to say, Miley.
Speaker 3: Cyrus, Okay, which song is there?
Speaker 1: One of the specific The one that's on my head right now is the partner the.
Speaker 3: USA, Oh good one. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: I heard a lot. That's why, because I hear it so much.
Speaker 1: I forget the specific song that they all My daughter always dances, but I don't know who sing it, and I don't know what is called.
Speaker 3: Well, we tried, Miley Cyrus, you get the call. What is your hidden talent? We know you're a great football player, we know that you could maybe kind of dance, much to your daughter's chagrin. What's the hidden talent that you have?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of not hitting anymore, but nobody really knows how really talented I am in ping pong.
Speaker 3: Actually, you're really bringing something that.
Speaker 1: I ain't just doing a little hit back and forth. We slam it. We're going to you're slimming back. I'm slamming the back.
Speaker 3: You're gonna keep do you there? Like? I mean, obviously there's terms in the ping pong world. Are we like really adhering to all of the ping pong rules and regulations?
Speaker 2: Yes? Only okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Only one rule we don't live by in the locker room is you can serve it however you want. So in real ping pong, you got to throw it up and over hit it so guys might hold it and hit it from there. You really a professional ping point You got to throw it up and hit it. But we let everybody. We let everybody get away with however they want to serve it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, we'll let that one side. What are you bad at.
Speaker 2: Dancing? Damn terrible dance.
Speaker 3: I'll be trying to get it's on this time at the club. Let's work it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like I could dance when them, you know, like.
Speaker 3: I know in karaoke only strong and at.
Speaker 2: That point, I'm not embarrassed. I don't care how I look or it's just.
Speaker 3: You gotta rock with it, okay. Rapid Fire, last song that you were playing on repeat that wasn't cyrus.
Speaker 2: Okay. Last song coming here was Key Rex by key Glock.
Speaker 3: Okay. Uh favorite condiment.
Speaker 2: M hmm, that's tough. I'll say between ketchup and sweet chili.
Speaker 3: Oh, sweet chili good one. Ketchup is just what comes to mind to last text was from m he doesn't want to say. Okay, okay, we'll pass. We'll pass. We'll talk about it off camera. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning, use the bathroom smart smart man fries or Coleslaw, honest sandwich. You're from the Pittsburgh area thing. Okay, you still do that?
Speaker 2: No, I kind of I kind of got off it. I guess to give it out to college too much.
Speaker 3: Yes, put fries on everything, solid sandwiches, pizza, doing Pittsburgh. Hit me with a perogi. Let's go mornings or evenings.
Speaker 2: Evenings for sure.
Speaker 3: Instagram or TikTok insa grind.
Speaker 2: I don't got a TikTok me neither.
Speaker 3: I don't know it works. It's same playing football and the snow. We're playing in the rain.
Speaker 2: Snow.
Speaker 3: Gotta love that snow.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: You're granted three wishes?
Speaker 1: What are they uh to be? I would say, one of the richest man for sure, because then I don't got to do anything. Sure, own aircraft, go wherever I want to go.
Speaker 3: That comes with being rich.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, having my own island, Okay, I'll come with being rich.
Speaker 3: Though, you know, I just say all kinds of falls.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I would just say just rebirthing several loved ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a nice one. That's a good one, and then that one's a good one. I not not thought about that. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything else is going to be to the rich side.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, most famous contact on your.
Speaker 1: Phone, most famous contact, I'm thinking too many people right now. I got like several people. Uh, I'm I'm gonna keep a Cincinnati. I'm gonna give.
Speaker 2: It a J Green.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, give him a little bit of loud.
Speaker 1: And that's my guy. Man brought me under his wings since I got here, and he was.
Speaker 2: He was that dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, all right, it has been so nice to hang with you. Hopefully next time we can do a cheer together, work out a little something, yeah, ten step something. Yeah, we can put together some kind of a little routine a little rob rob will be great. Your eighth season here in the NFL, here with Cincinnati, you're bringing home that Super Bowl ring. Let's hell yeah for sure. Good luck this season, Thank you, appreciate you for having mem