Speaker 1: And the state could lose.
Speaker 2: Out of my shot.
Speaker 3: I wanted to tell you that that's actually correct. It's not that it's electric vehicles. It's that and you don't need to commit as any Paris Climer.
Speaker 1: Quarr, Okay, it does. Okay, you also were in my shot before that. Stay out of my shot. She's a peach. She's a leading Democrat. Jack.
Speaker 3: So that's Katie Porter, and there's too many leading Democrats. There's Katie get out of my having shot Porter who's running for governor as a Democrat.
Speaker 1: There's Eric I.
Speaker 3: Sleep with Chinese spies, Swallwell and other Democrats. And there's so many Democrats that they are splitting the vote. And a new poll came out yesterday that with all the Democratic votes split, two Republicans are in the lead. And the way we do primaries in California is the top two vote getters in the primary run against each other. So she might have two Republicans running against each other for governor, and the top guy, Steve Hilt We're about to talk to him a.
Speaker 1: Couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: The other interesting thing that happened yesterday was there was a debate scheduled, but usc known for their racism, wouldn't allow any people of color on the stage. Well, they had a threshold of polling that you had to meet to get on the stage, so you don't end up with, you know, thirty people debating and it gets all watered down and you don't learn anything from candidates that actually have a chance to win. But uh, Javier for Bessera, for instance, former attorney general, complained that he was left out because usc as racist as you would expect.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. You cannot make this stuff up.
Speaker 4: From advisor to British prime ministers to Fox News host, patriotic American Steve Hilton joins us he's running for governor of Caln, UNICORNEA.
Speaker 1: Steve, how you feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good, but frustrated I should be talking to you this morning on the back of another debate triumph because most of the debates I've done, i'd say all of them, I have one hands down. That's not just me talking. The first TV debate they did a state white Pole. It was me against six Democrats. I won by sixty six percent. The nearest Democrat got seventeen percent, most of them in single digits. Why, because it's so obvious. We need change in this state and we can't go on like this. And I think they're panicking because you've got me leading these polls. And there's another one that came out yesterday. I was on twenty percent, well on fifteen, the other Republican on fourteen. So look whichever pole you look at right now, we've got momentum and we're leading, and that's what they can't stand. And so you know, they canceled the debate. And of course, on the one hand, you can look at the cancelation of the debate yet another example of you know, they can't do anything right these Democrats. They can't even organize a debate. They can't build a high speed rail line with hundreds of billions of dollars, even the butterfly bridge to nowhere, or the people mover in lax or solve homelesses, or do anything. Totally clueless and incompetent, can't even do a debate. That's the kind of lighthearted, funny way of talking about it. But actually there's a serious point, and it's not even the political correctness where you have these ridiculous lpds as I call them, the low poll democrats winning l lpds, Are we going to make that a thing? So the lpds all jumping up and down, now it's race racism. No, it's because it's not because you're your race. It's because you're not doing well enough in the race. That's why you weren't on the debate. But the real point I want to make is, do you know what actually happened that caused this debate to be counseled the legislature. The leaders of the Democrats in the state Legislature wrote a letter to USC on headed paper with all their ridiculous little pressure groups and factions, the LGBT Caucus and the Native American Caucus, and the Women's Caucus and the Latino and all the usual suspects. Right. But the letter was signed by Robert Reebus, who is the leader of the State Assembly, and Monique le Mond, who's the Democrat leader in the State Senate, telling USC they'd better put these lpds in the debate or they'll be trouble. Now. That is bullying and intimidation from the state Legislature to USC. That's why the debate was canceled. They wrote that letter on Monday. USC panicked, They said, wow, now we've not just the candidates whining we got the state legislature on our back. That's a whole different thing. So then they go to ABC, who were the media partly going to broadcast the debate, and say, okay, we want to get these people back in. ABC said no, get lost, and then they counseled the debate. But it actually shows you the arrogance and corruption that you get after sixteen years of one party rule. It was the legislature that counseled this debate. It is totally outrageous.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know why, but for the first time, I'm getting the you could win feeling. It reminds me because we were doing this job back when Arnold first started running, and we had him on the show several times, and I remember when he was, you know, doing his wrap on our radio show and just thinking, you know, there's something here, there's some momentum here. It's a unique time when even the Democratic voters of the state are so fed up with the way things are and I'm feeling I'm feeling your vibe here, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that to me too, honestly, And I'm not just you know, I'm the opposite of complacent. I'm working harder every week. But we do these town halls up and down the state, and the numbers are growing. You know, it used to be, you know, forty fifty people would come. Now then it was one hundred. Now we're getting two hundred, sometimes three hundred people coming along. And this is open to everyone. They're not it's not Republican events. This is just show up in a place, put the word out on social media, and people come along. And you're getting people who ask questions. It's totally open. It's not me making some boring speech. It's like, come and ask what's on your mind. And a lot of the time, yes, it's true. I don't want to be you know, I do want to be accurate. I would say most of the people are Republicans, but there's a lot of Democrats coming, you know. Just last you know, the other last one we did, I voted for Kamala Harris. I think we need to change. What are you going to do about whatever it is? So there's something happening there. The fundraising is going really well. And then the other thing I just want to point out is a couple of things we got going for us this year that make me really confident we could do it at number one in the midterm election. It's all about turnout, getting the party that does the best job getting its voters out does best. We've got some really important weapons for turnout this year, which is on the ballot in November. We're going to have voter ID which Republicans particularly are enthusiastic about, and save Prop thirteen to keep Tact, to restore the protections of Prop thirteen to all these endless tax increases they're bringing in, so Republicans will go out and vote for that more than Democrats. The second big thing these utterly useless Democrat candidates. I mean, come on, like you were just talking about Porter Swallower, Tom Steyert. These people are such a joke. And then the other factor that's knew this year different to previous races is just the growing volume both from here within our state and nationally pointing out and revealing the extent of the broad and the corruption and the abuse of our money. You've got Nick Shirley here doing it. You've got James O'Keeffe. I sat down with James O'Keeffe in la last weekend. He took the stuff he's been putting out on the paying for signatures and voter registration. You've got the Manhattan Institute, Chris Ruffo just set up a new bureau here to investigate corruption in California. You've got the FEDS JD Vance, the fraud hunting. You've got Billes Sale, my friend Bill as Sale, who's the US attorney doing incredible job prosecuting fraud. So there's volume on California, and it's just going to get louder and louder because everyone is sick of it. Dr Oz coming in and CBS News the hospice fraud. I mean, there's so every week there's more and more exposure of exactly how badly they've mismanaged this state. And I think people are furious about it, and they're going to kick this party out.
Speaker 4: In November, I was pleasantly surprised to see even CBS News was on the ridiculous hospice fraud story, which shows at least growing awareness and enthusiasm is the wrong word, but the indignation about all of the fraud and waste of abuse that you get with one party government, which is a perfect lead. What was going to be my next question I'm looking at the same poll that had you dominating mister Fang Fang in the sweet cupcake that is Katie Porter and lunatic leftist tech guy Tom Steyer Steyer. But it had right direction, wrong direction, right track, wrong track. Right track was still thirty three percent of people. What'll it take a junkie to move into your house? And like you're an eight on your carpet? You thirty three percent, but wrong track was fifty two. I think your main tasks and tell me if I'm wrong, is going to wake people out of their sleepy apathy and help them understand there is a better state that could be.
Speaker 2: One. And here's how I see this going. Obviously, I'm planning to be in the top two. My expectation is that it will be another Democrat. And I think, really, it looks like it's going to be swolwell.
Speaker 1: Really freaking I know.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, like like I always say, like, well, look at the look at the candidates, Like the President would say, they're not sending their best. They looked at these people or maybe they are their best. Who knows how bad it's got, but look at them. I mean, I don't know which is the worst. But it just feels like Swollwell, it feels as if the machine is moving behind him. Right, he got that big endorsement from the SEIU. You got, you know, little signs like Adam shiff who is very close to Pelosi endorsing him, and a couple of other members of Congress. So I and they so, I think that they want a puppet that they control. And obviously Tom Stys a billionaire's own money, so they can't control him. There are reports that are long long standing report that they can't stand Pelosi, can't stand Katie Porter, and so they don't want her. And so who else have they got? I mean, they tried all these other people. They tried to get Padia to run. They tried, they think maybe Kamala Harris would run. None of these people wanted to do it for various reasons. So they're stuck with Swollwell. I think that's where this is heading.
Speaker 1: I feel like Swallow's got Gray Davis vibes, but it's just.
Speaker 2: Such a joke. He's not a serious person. I mean, that's the fundable point. Anyway. My point was going to be, once we're in a situation post June where it's just a very clear choice this or that. Right, do you want more of the same, another four years or eight years of this one party rule or change? I think that will really focus Right now, you know, you got all these candidates and it's all a bit of a muddle and people aren't really paying attention. But I think that once the primary is out of the way, it's a whole different world. And then I think, well, that's when it really we can really turn up the volume on. Come on, I mean, is there anyone that really believes what this state needs is another four years of Democrat one party rule? I find an argument that works even with Democrats and independents who are not never going to call themselves republican, But I would say, look, come on, it's not healthy to have sixteen years of one party rule. Just a bit of balance in the system is a good idea. The Democrats are still probably controlled the state legislature, they'll still probably run all the big cities in the counties. Having a bit of balance in the mix is a good idea, and you get people nodding along to that. So I just feel really confident that if we get a shot at putting that clear choice out there. That's why I actually go back to that first TV debate, because it really was clear it was me against six other Democrats. I didn't do anything amazing. I just told the truth about how bad everything is. You know, we've had We've got the highest taxes in the country for the worst results, highest poverty rate, highest unemployment rate, highest cost of living fiftieth out of fifty according to US News and World Report. For opportunity fiftieth out of fifty, walle Hub says for affordability Chief Executive magazine, California ranked fiftieth out of fifty for business climate. I mean, you know, we've had the highest gas tax in the country, fiftieth out of fifty. For the quality of our roads, I mean, it's insane how bad it is.
Speaker 1: It is insane.
Speaker 4: Steve Hilton, Steve, we're up against a break. Sorry to interrupt, but keep fighting a good fight. We will stay in touch. Steve Hilton always great to talk and I mean this sincerely, and if anybody can contradict it, feel free. The Republican primary is running for who's got the best ideas.
Speaker 1: The Democratic primary.
Speaker 4: Is who can be the most slavish, you know, servant of the public employee unions.
Speaker 1: That's the question. Armstrong