Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour This Wednesday, Dan and The Day That's Dan Patrick Show, Reggie Miller will stop by. We'll see what he has to say about his good buddy Mark Jackson. His former teammate. Mark is going to be taking some heat when he arrives in Denver. Mark, of course left the Joker off his MVP ballot. Now he said, hey, I'm sorry, But when you apologize now, that doesn't solve anything. Hey you're sorry, but you still didn't put the joker on your top five ballot for MVP. Whatever happened to And I'm sorry. That's all Mark is saying. I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I left him off my ballot. And now he's going to be in Denver doing the games starting tomorrow night. Yes, Pauling, but.
Speaker 2: Mark Jackson, it was an accident. It was like a brain moment where he just didn't do it. It wasn't on purpose. And if he did that on purpose, he shouldn't say sorry, which he didn't. Well, why would fans be mad about that?
Speaker 1: I guess there were a couple of fans who got on him in Denver and Jeff Van Gundhi was sticking up for Mark Jackson, saying that there's a couple of clowns here who won't let Mark apologize for making the mistake. I don't think Mark's votes prevented the Joker from winning the MVP. Now, if it did, then I could understand why they'd be a little frosty. But you got your team in the NBA Finals. That's the most important thing, not an individual award. Like, what do you upset about? Because Mark didn't recognize the Joker? It's on him, Like who cares plan a parade?
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark, I do love this lack of respect thing the Nuggets are going with. But Joker just won the last two MVP awards, so it's not like no one in an NBA doesn't respect his game.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to talk about lack of respect, it would be the Miami Heat. It felt like every game they were eight point underdogs against the Boston Celtics, and they'll be big underdogs here against the Denver Nuggets. They don't care. I haven't heard the oh Woe is me? Miami Heat, Eric Spolster, Jimmy Butler, Like Jimmy Butler said, Hey, what's the motivation, Well, we can and we will win this series. That was yet there's nothing else that's been headline worthy here, But they don't come out and do a pity party. Oh woe is me. You don't take a serious whatever it might be, and Denver should adopt the same thing.
Speaker 4: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Do you want an apology for Mark Jackson and not win the championship? Okay with that, because that seems like it's so important. Joker already said Joe ellenb deserved it. Maybe maybe Joker goes over to Mark Jackson and gives him a hug, just like he gave a hug to Matt Ishbia, the Sun's owner. Like make it all good. So it goes away and it shouldn't be a topic for the NBA Finals, but I feel like it will be. Yes, Paul, I do.
Speaker 2: See how Denver Nuggets fans though, if they want to turn on national sports radio or a national sports TV show and their team is not being talked about after another playoff victory and it's a throwaway line and the Nuggets one. But what happens to blank? What happens to blank? Because of you know, analytics for TV. I could see how that could be frustrating for a fan base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Denver's not exciting, but they're attracted to a story, a player, exciting. Golden State fit all of that.
Speaker 2: But there's other teams that about out of the playoffs that are not exciting to watch. You know, the Los Angeles Lakers aren't exciting.
Speaker 1: Yes they are, they're frustrating. No, they got Lebron that's not exciting. That's ratings gold. Yeah, his days are watching, you know, to see him win or lose.
Speaker 2: His days of being exciting player are over.
Speaker 1: His days. He's still great TV. He is. Denver has a great team start to finish, best team, but they're not tune in factor worthy. For if you're a casual basketball fan and you know the Nuggets are playing, you're going to breeze right by there. And if I said, oh my god, Joker's playing, Jamal Murray's playing, Aaron Gore is playing. You're not stopping Michael Porter Junior the third. You're not stopping Golden State, You're stopping Jimmy Butler. You're probably stopping Celtics. You might because they're the Celtics. I mean, there's certain teams and players that you're gonna watch. It's just that's the fact. If you ask a TV executive what do you think of Denver in the finals, if they were honest, they'd go, oh, well, you know, we hope for a seven game series.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's odd though, because their style of play is super exciting. It's they've been easily one of the most exciting teams to watch in the playoffs, easily.
Speaker 1: But Joker is not exciting to a casual fan. I love the science of his approach every time, down of how he sees it's it's a chess game for him. I love it. But it doesn't it It doesn't render ratings. It's not like you go, oh my god, how many times did we say during the entire year the last couple of years, where you went, did you see Joker last night? Exactly? It didn't happen. But we would talk about stephf or we talk about Lebron or Yannis or embiid Luca. There'd be certain players that you talked about them individually. Now I'm going to watch it, and I hope others do. As I said when the playoffs started, when when the Nuggets played the Lakers, I said, I hope people get a chance to see the Joker in action because you're going to watch because you have to, because you're tuning in to watch the Lakers, and by proxy, you're going to see the best player in the game right now. And he proved that and will probably continue to prove that in the NBA Finals here. I love that we're at least able to watch him play a game, because if you're watching for highlights, you're not getting highlights out of the Joker.
Speaker 5: Yes see, that's what's so weird that there's things that don't add up.
Speaker 1: How can the best.
Speaker 5: Player in the game not be exciting, you know? How can you have a boring triple double?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: But that it kind of happens, Yes, it does. It's very odd, though it doesn't make sense because right he'll get a rebound and then that outlet passed Aaron Gordon who's already halfway down the court monster jam. It's an exciting play, but but not from his part of it.
Speaker 1: No, Luca will give you a triple double. But Luca will give you more exciting plays. And he shoots deep. But you know, Luca is sort of a smaller version of the Joker with a little better range. There but they're great, you know, both great passers, they get their shots, they do everything for their team. But Joker is playing at a really, really high level. It's just not an exciting high level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marph, you may have a point, but I think Jamal Murray, I think he can be incredibly exciting when he gets hot, Like when he got hot against the Lakers in the fourth quarter, it was like he's throwing up horse shots. So I think they have some exciting pieces. But the Joker, you know, kind of bumbling and stumbling. Like I think the look of the Joker, like if he was built like bam Adebayo, I think it may be different, but I think.
Speaker 2: It's the I'd rather have the guy who's a little looser.
Speaker 3: No, no, but I'm saying the build, not the game itself, just because I think it's the old guy at the wide Look.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes we like to see somebody do something that we can't.
Speaker 6: Do, that's what. But we also like fat basketball players.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, he's going to be able to play that way for another fifteen years because it's not like they go, hey he's going to slow down or uh, he's not going to be able to jump. This is who he's going to be for the next ten years. Now, he's going to dominate, right. It's not like he's, oh my god, he's lost his step. He didn't have a step to lose. Yeah, pulling, I think the day is the joke.
Speaker 2: It's being Doe or three years ago. He I think the guy is jacked now. And there's some guys who have different muscle tone, like Kobe Bryant to me, always was a guy who never had like the defined muscle ton of Michael Jordan or lebron who's gigantia but who does right. But like Kobe Bryant, it was always kind of like he was always in great shape, clearly, but he never looked jacked like or big or strong. And Djokis has the same thing. He does not look jacked, but he's My guess is you wouldn't want to push against him.
Speaker 1: But I don't tune in to see if somebody's jacked. I mean, if that's the case, there have been a lot of guys who've been in the league where you go, that guy's jack can you play no?
Speaker 2: But he looks good like Kevin Willis the powerful he was jacked.
Speaker 1: Chris Wilcox yes, yeah, but it's not a knock on them because I'm going to watch because I love, you know, good quality, pure basketball. And they they run, you know, they got scores, they bang the boards, they do the right thing, they make the extra pass. It's just not exciting. Just not Lakers. Celtics would have been more exciting and more eyeballs on it, that's all. It's just the reality of it. Scott and Jacksonville. Hi, Scott, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Dan. I think I have the explanation that you've been craving about the NHL being the final and the NBA being the finals. Okay, with the NHL, you're referring to the Stanley Cup, the trophy a singular item, so it's final. With the NBA, you're talking about a group, the association, so it's finals. And that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Are they both correct.
Speaker 4: In my mind?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, that's all that matters. It's correct in Scott's money.
Speaker 2: Sure sounds like I knew he was talking about it.
Speaker 1: But you get the Stanley Cup and that makes it a final. You win the Larry O'Brien Trophy.
Speaker 5: It's also a singular thing. Yes, I think the NHL, Well, I'm not an association. I believe it is a league involving multiple people.
Speaker 2: I think Stanley Cup Final will be grammatically correct because it's a series of games that it's an event. It's not, but it's final. But the entire event is the final.
Speaker 1: It's not no if the last game would be the final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think the entire process is called the Stanley Cup Final. I think grammatically the NHL is winning this one because the NBA Finals, there's not multiple finals. There's multiple games, but the finals is an event.
Speaker 1: I think, well, it covered both of them and had to be corrected. Sometimes it's Stanley Cup Final.
Speaker 2: Better grammar NHL or NBA. Whole question.
Speaker 1: And why an association? Why did they come up with an association like min not a league? Yelmore?
Speaker 3: And the best part about that is who want to get to the NBA? They say I want to get to the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They never say I want to get to the association. Yeah, So change it to the NBL NBL finals.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 5: And why does baseball put their sport in the middle and not the end, or actually at the end and not the middle like Major League baseball, but everybody else is Naational Football League, National Football League Hockey.
Speaker 1: So Major Baseball League. All right, so we're going to change that too.
Speaker 6: That's what if.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to change.
Speaker 5: If it followed the other sports, it would be NBL.
Speaker 1: I don't think they want to follow them playing in the NBL. Yeah, let me see. Let me get to Seth in West Virginia. Then we'll take a break. Reggie Miller will join us, coming up, Hi, Seth.
Speaker 8: Hey Man five, ten thirty five. Thank you. And I got some music suggestions from Marvin Casey and the Sunshine Bank.
Speaker 1: And are they Florida?
Speaker 8: They are Florida. That's where they get the sunshine in their name.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: I like that do a little dance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like you could have a whole cookout just on their playlist. But I was wondering, could we throw in if Denver gets the vote, could we throw in some Gilligan's Island because Bob Denver played Gilligan.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a stretch, but if we're going to throw in John Denver and Bob Denver played Gilligan, Yes, yes.
Speaker 6: Doroda ad Jason, Okay, no to both, Okay, no.
Speaker 1: To Casey No to Casey in the Sunshine Band.
Speaker 3: No, No, they're saying Bob Denver and John Denver. Okay said their last names are just well part of Colorado.
Speaker 1: If you want to get John Denver, wouldn't be bad to shoehorn him in there to the Cookout playlist. That's good radio man. Okay, Casey in the Sunshine Band for sure, Okay, all right, Yeah they were a thing for a while.
Speaker 6: They seem like they had a run.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Biscuit's run, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 2: The National Basketball Association was originally called the Basketball Association of America, the BA, the baa BA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then golf and tennis have a tour, right, So.
Speaker 2: The Basketball Association of America was found in nineteen forty six, and then it merged with the NBL, and that's where the NBA was form.
Speaker 1: Let me take a break. Reggie Miller will save the program coming up next year, Dan Patrick show, I played golf over the weekend and I have not hit the ball better in my entire life. Now, I didn't score great, probably shot the seventy eight. Now your results may vary, but I will say this, and even the guys I'm playing with who I played with for a long time. They're like, what's the deal, man, And I go, I gotta say it's the clubs. It's not me. The PXG clubs. They got the all new three to one seven CB players irons. I don't use those. I'm not good enough to use those. That's the elite level players. But you're going to love everything about their clubs what they have. As with all PXG irons, you can blend your set if you want to. Elite players may want to bring in a different version here, and you can mix and match if you want to. But the PXG Gen six clubs, they're awesome. That's what I use. Also the golf ball that they spent a decade on trying to develop. All of those things and it makes the game so much more enjoyable. PXG dot com find a PXG fitting location and get custom fitted. That's PXG dot com. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app on the Streets of Detroit, returns to the IndyCars Circuit, the world's fastest drivers roll in to the Motor City. Sunday three Eastern on NBC and Peacock The return of Reggie Miller, the Hall of Famer. He turned his sports NBA analyst and he was working in the Garden when the heat came in and stole the Eastern Conference Finals. What was it like pre game? What were you what was your thought pregame? With that atmosphere in the garden, it.
Speaker 9: Was absolutely electrifying in the garden. They had perhaps maybe the best hype tape I had ever seen before. The crowd was jack. They had a mixture of video of the Red Sox. I believe that was that four four when they came back from three to zero versus the Yankee.
Speaker 4: So they had that spliced in with a lot of.
Speaker 9: Game footage and postgame interviews of Game six. And I'm here to tell you that crowd was absolutely pumped. The atmosphere was there, and then twenty seconds into the game, the balloon somewhat popped because and I said this on air, and you know this very well. Your stars set the tongue, They set the tone in the first quarter of how we're going to play.
Speaker 4: Are we going to be aggressive? I'm going to go.
Speaker 9: After that, and sometimes that can have a negative effect as well. When Tatum went down with the ankle injury and he didn't pop up quickly enough and you could see on his face that he had rolled it pretty well, to me, that set the tone of how the Celtics were going to play again. It's just a feeling. I have a gut feeling having been in that situation when we were in the Coffee Finals versus Chicago, when I had a twisted ankle playing against Jordan the Bulls and you're not one hundred percent your guy's feet off of that.
Speaker 4: I felt his teammates feed off of that and they played like that.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the matchup. You mentioned the matchup against Jordan and the Bulls and what did you make of Scottie Pippens comments that Mike when he first got into the league was horrible basketball player.
Speaker 4: I think it's more war choice that we're focusing in on here. The word horrible.
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't horrible because he was a top three player at the time. He was an All Indie player. He was electrifying, horrible means he couldn't is like a role player.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 9: And to Scotty's point, and what he's trying to say is, Mike didn't start winning and playing team basketball until I got.
Speaker 4: On the team.
Speaker 9: I think again, people want to play. Look, we know there's an ongoing do you do we want to call it a few.
Speaker 1: Between scottis side? It feels like.
Speaker 4: On Scotty side.
Speaker 9: Look, Michael says, Look, I didn't win until Scotty got here.
Speaker 4: Michael, he has said that plenty of times.
Speaker 9: I think, for whatever reason, that whole Last Dance documentary really has been a trigger for a Pippin And I think it was just poor word choice in saying horrible because he wasn't horrible. But he is correct and he wasn't playing a brand of team basketball that was winning basketball until Pippen got there. That that is true, but horrible.
Speaker 4: Not so much.
Speaker 1: But you know what, when we talk about great teams of all time, it's usually Shack and Kobe's Lakers, or it might be the Big Three with you know, Bird and McHale and Parrish, uh Drexler, Elijah one when they were together, you know, Magic and Kareem. We don't say Jordan and Pippen, Yeah we do. No, we say Jordan's bulls.
Speaker 9: No, no, we say we say the six pet the two three peats, And you do say Jordan and Pippen.
Speaker 4: You just don't say Jordan, because.
Speaker 1: Again I think the public does reg Mike was too big. It's it's Jordan's bulls.
Speaker 9: Okay, basketball purists say Jordan Pippen. The casual fan will say Jordan, Yes, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I wonder about that was Scotty that you know, it feels like he is still crying out for, you know, somebody to hug him and just say you were great.
Speaker 4: That's it, right, That's exactly it. Don't forget me, guys, I'm over here. I was a part of it. I mean, Steve Kerr, Horace Grant, they all they almost say the same thing. You don't hear Denis Rodmans say anything like this. Again.
Speaker 9: I think Mike and Scotty need to get into a room and hash out whatever this difference is between them.
Speaker 4: Because Chicago and that run.
Speaker 9: Of six championships, I don't know if that'll ever be done again. And those two guys are central figures of why They're why the Bulls are viewed as one of the greatest franchises the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not going to get him in the same room you got Scotty's ex with Michael's sons. I mean no, I'm just telling you they muddied up the water. They muddied I didn't. I just noticed the color of the water.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm not going to get into people's personal Okay, we're talking.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's it's Scotty's ex REGI mix exes and oh no's. I think that's what it is. We're talking to Reggie Miller, the Hall of Famer. I mentioned with no disrespect to Joker, but he's not exciting to watch. He's unbelievably great, you know, great player. But you know, the casual basketball fan, will they tune into the NBA Finals? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Probably not I the casual fan, No, not unless probably after games three or four, if it's you know, two to two and interest starts to build.
Speaker 4: But again, Denver, Miami, it's not sexy.
Speaker 9: But again, the basketball peerist like you and myself, I want to see Joker playing. I love what he does on the floor and for his teammates. Same with Jimmy Butler, the warrior mentality, the underdog, the eighth seed. I mean, think about it. They beat a one, they beat a two, and they beat a five seed. That's unbelievable. So yeah, there's storylines there, But it's not Lebron, it's not Katie, it's not the Boston Celtics. So yeah, you're casual fan, probably won't tune in until it matters or means something. But I think you're basketball peers who love the game of basketball, obviously, won't you.
Speaker 1: All Right, what do you do with Jalen Brown? If you're the Celtics, You've got to retirement.
Speaker 9: Look, you've got two young players twenty six and twenty five that are just coming into their own and you can't lose him for nothing. I'm sure you can get a sign in trade, but you've got to find a way. You've got to open up the piggy bank. And to me, Tatum and Brown will arguably one of the greatest duels in our games today.
Speaker 4: You've got Katie and Booker.
Speaker 9: You can put Lebron and ad in there if you want, Luke and Kyrie if they happen to stay together, but certainly Tatum and Brown to me is one of the better duos in our game. Young duals too. Let them grow together. And here's the thing. They've been in the finals before they were they just got beat in game seven of the conference. This is a team that's tested, right, They're that close to break it up now to have a knee jerk reaction to this season, no, I open up the piggy bank and sign that. Man.
Speaker 1: Do you want to tie up a half a billion dollars in two players who play a similar style?
Speaker 9: I would, and I would build around that again, if we are it's one game, if they win game seven, are we really talking about should we, you know, re sign him?
Speaker 4: No, they've been back to back trips to the finals. JA two young players.
Speaker 9: I I do it, I really do.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of money. And two not.
Speaker 9: Only are they to two way players too, they both play defense as well.
Speaker 4: It's hard to come by.
Speaker 9: You need length in this game, and they're six seven six ' eight long.
Speaker 4: They both can score, they both can defend. Theodore. Yeah, I do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this logic to me that you shoot the three. Now you're down by double digits, you keep shooting the three to try to come back and you're not making they reg They were seven for forty from three point range before they made their last two. Can't we get to the free throw line? Can't we take it to the hoop? What's wrong with the two? Can I get something that gives us a little bit of confidence instead of jacking up threes?
Speaker 9: That was their problem all postseason in my opinion for Boston, but that's how they played all year. I think what was lost is they were a top ten defensive team and a top ten offensive team come postseason. They left their defense in the regular season and became just it was all about shooting threes and we're going to outscore you, and they lost their defensive identity. To me, that was in a nutshell, the down wall for the Celtics. They lost their their defensive what got them here, what made them so.
Speaker 4: Great last year?
Speaker 9: To me, they were a much better team defensively because this season they let their.
Speaker 4: Offense dictate how they played.
Speaker 9: If they weren't shooting at three well, as we saw in a lot of games in the conference finals, it affected their defense and they could recover from that and how they played in Game six. If they have played the whole postseason like that, they had a wond championship. That's how the Celtics were supposed to play, because as bad as they shot from three in Game six in Miami and found a way to win that ballgame on the defensive end, if they would have played like anywhere near that in Game seven, they would have beat Miami.
Speaker 1: More likely to have a sweep or seven game series in the finals.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's gonna be if it won't be a sweep, but it won't be a seven game series either. I can make a case for both teams because no wanted to talk about how good Denver and Jokic was. They're the most balanced, well rounded, well coached, and coach Malone the deeper team. But we also said that about Milwaukee. We also said that about Boston, And what did Miami do? They ran right through Well that ran because they did go seven games with Boston, but they were up three to zero and then got chased down and then had to win on the road in Game seven and have something special is brewing. The only reservation I have with Miami is will they have enough bodies?
Speaker 4: Again? I know Hero is targeting Game three or.
Speaker 9: Four, possibly, so you're gonna get a twenty point score back. But how effective will he be having been off six weeks or so? Do they have enough bodies? But the emergent, the emergence of came Martin throws kind of a wrinkle in this a little bit. How he has played, especially in the conference finals. That's why I think something special could be happening in South Florida. I really do. It's not like Denver has been. This is the worst trip to the NBA Finals for Denver. They're a little green.
Speaker 1: Are you calling it? Are you hinting? Or are you calling it?
Speaker 9: I'm calling it. I'm gonna go out and live here. If Jimmy Butler can play like he played in Game two and seven consistently, he doesn't always have to have huge games, but dictate and control the pace of the offense and how they perform defensively. Yes, Theodore, I'm gonna say, Miami and Miami.
Speaker 1: And six Okay?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: By the way, I saw where Jeff Bezos is renting a house in Malibu. Kenny G's is Kenny G? Does he live close to you?
Speaker 4: Come? Oh? Would you say about Jeff?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They're just Yeah, does Kenny Jesus.
Speaker 4: We're all we're all in the same block here.
Speaker 1: So you live by Kenny g.
Speaker 4: Now, who was so small?
Speaker 6: We all live by one.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you the most famous person on your street?
Speaker 4: Yes, but within ear distance.
Speaker 9: I'm a nobody to a few people, but on this particular wall.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me one in the area. You don't have to give any address, but just in the area. Who's more famous than you?
Speaker 4: More famous?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Someone just bought a one hundred and twenty twenty million dollar homes right down the street. And all the single ladies, all the singles and who.
Speaker 1: Wait, I thought they bought a two hundred million dollar home.
Speaker 4: Oh was it? Twon?
Speaker 1: And I short change on my saying yes and they and they I apologize.
Speaker 4: I gotta give you your due, jay.
Speaker 1: Z, they're right down on the street, yes, Seaton, I have here.
Speaker 5: Just a couple of years ago, a Canadian billionaire bought one hundred and twenty million dollar Malibu mansion and that had set all kinds of records. But I think that jay Z and Beyonce just broke that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so they're neighbors, they're side, they're almost side by side.
Speaker 4: Those two problems.
Speaker 1: But you don't go like trick or treating over there a sugar.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, jay Z is not letting you want No.
Speaker 9: He's no sugar home.
Speaker 1: What what Paul?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The house jay Z and Beyonce bought in Malibu thirty thousand square feet rage uh price of two hundred million. That's a record from Malibu. One seventy seven was the record.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm gonna say it's thank you because property values. Yeah, my property values seens, so thank you.
Speaker 1: And then Jeff Bezo his renting Kenny G's property six hundred thousand dollars a month lot. Yes, yes, it's good to be back in Malibu. You know what you should you should You should have rented it out. You could have rented out the crib and then you know, when the kids.
Speaker 4: Get older, maybe kids get older.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is Mark Jackson going? Does he have to apologize on the air to start out Game one for not voting for Joker in his top five?
Speaker 9: I think he's already done that because he had them in the Western Conference Finals versus the Wakers. I'm sure he heard it from the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 4: Faithful. I talked to Mark. He says, look, it was a mishap because.
Speaker 9: He was thinking about all NBA teams, because he was going to put Joel Embiid on the first team, because he was going to be his MVP.
Speaker 4: So he was filling out what he assumed to.
Speaker 9: Be the all NBA team, And that's why Joker was so low on his MVP voting pack.
Speaker 1: Do you think it bothers Joker is no.
Speaker 4: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: To be a three pete as m v P would not matter to him.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it would have mattered to him.
Speaker 1: But i mean put him a couple of times.
Speaker 9: You're you're basing this conversation off what you saw in the postseason from MB because NB during the regular season. Don't you think he deserves the MVP or was in the running or no.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's in the running, but he didn't deserve it. It's I think that he was.
Speaker 4: You're basing this.
Speaker 9: Light now knowing that Denver's in the finals and Joel Embiide is in the Bahamas right now, you're basing that a little bit off that.
Speaker 1: Well. No, I said it at the end of the year that it changed. When Kendrick Perkins talked about the makeup of the voters, and it changed because you know, the betting favorite was Joker. Joker was going to win the MVP, and then it changed with a couple of weeks left and Embiid played great that you know, the last couple of weeks, he played great. But Joker did anything to lose. He did not, Yes, he yeah, Denver didn't play break Yes, absolutely, I think it cost him the MVP. But I said, you know how this works. Sometimes it's your turn, the media decides it's your turn, it's Karl Malone's turn, It's Charles Barkley's turn, right right, But.
Speaker 9: If you ask the Joker, the MVP that he really wants is still in front of him. That's the most important MVP. And if they play, and if he played like he did versus the Lakers, then he will have that third MVP. It just will become finals MVP, and that's the only MVP any of these players ever want.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm not up on jay Z lyrics, but I know Lebron sent out a cryptic jay Z lyric about something about being number one, but what about when I'm not here anymore or something like that.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is going on with Lebron.
Speaker 4: He's not going anywhere.
Speaker 9: Come on, he's oh two years one at forty seven and forty nine fifty.
Speaker 4: That was emotion talking right there.
Speaker 6: That was yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's what this just happened. That he put out some cryptic.
Speaker 9: It's not anywhere. He just wants some leverage to have. Rob Helnka tweaked that roster a little bit. Maybe I know Kyrie's being floated out there. I'm not sure that's the answer. But he wants control, still wants that control.
Speaker 1: Well, why would he lose control just because he got swept all of a sudden, they're going to go No, Lebron, you don't get to have any control here. He's still in charge.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, he's not going anywhere people, he's not walking away.
Speaker 1: From Have you been to Lebron towns? I have not not go to, nor nor have I ever been asked, Oh, okay, the biggest towns you've been to?
Speaker 4: What do you? Why are we getting into big houses? Who care?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 4: It's just material, that's all. And you cannot take any of this to the grade I know. Who cares how big someone's house is.
Speaker 1: Give me the most impressive house you've been in.
Speaker 10: Come on, I was probably say back in the day, my Indiana days, our owner Herb Simon had an impressive spread out there in Carmel, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Alright, but that didn't count. You can't be a boy. You can't be a bawler in Indiana. Come on, why not? Come on? You get a nice I know you can't go.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 9: It's a thirty thousand square feet like comb and they know, but it's nice.
Speaker 1: He's Reggie Aloicious Miller Junior the third and he's picking the Miami Heat in six.
Speaker 4: I am something a special brewing and you.
Speaker 1: Got and you're a brewin and you got a red shirt on there. I did it for the heat Miami Heat. Oh okay, And once again it's x'es and O no's just letting no, no, no, not my bad. I know I should have stopped great to talk to come on out, thank you, come on, not a horrible f That's that's Reggie Miller, Hall of fame. Thank you, reg that's I want to know about these homes. And I saw where Kenny G's ran his house out for six hundred thousand dollars a month, and Jeff Bezos, yeah, see.
Speaker 5: What's the most impressive house you've ever been in?
Speaker 1: M taj Mahal? Is that a house?
Speaker 5: Isn't that like a wonder of the world active house?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: An active house?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, were like you went to somebody's house and you were like, dang.
Speaker 1: H, how about I take a break. I'll think about that.
Speaker 5: Put you on the spot there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if I have I've been to anybody's house that I went, Wow, I could stay here and they never Oh no, no, oh wait, let me take a break back after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 11: Hey Gag, Miss Jay Glazer host of Unbreakable, a mental health podcast, and each week we try to help turn our mental health issues into mental wealth and we dive in with everyone from the world of sports and entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsey Vaughn, Michael Phelp, David Spade, Got Fiemmy and also those who can help us in between the ears, anyone from a therapist to someone like Ed Milett for John Gordon. So each week listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer, a mental health podcast on iHeartRadio, app, Apple podcasts or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 1: Was that lip sync before lip sync was called lip syncing?
Speaker 4: Might bee?
Speaker 1: No, thank you, ton welcome? All right, find a results of the poll question Seaton, and.
Speaker 5: We had a bunch of them today. We had some real bangers, are okay, all right, let's see better show ted Lasso's succession or Barry ted Lasso right now running away with it forty nine percent of the vote, followed by succession at thirty eight Barry coming in respectable fourteen. That's a tough list, though, Y it is some people calling that we should have had marvelous Miss Maisel on that list too. That was a pretty good show that.
Speaker 1: Just ended to Yeah, but I wouldn't include it in those three good really good show.
Speaker 5: What's his name? Is phenomenal? In that Tony's great guy? Yeah, he's great, absolutely steals that. Him and the and the his wife in that show steal just about every se yeon.
Speaker 6: Yes, doesn't he kind of talk like this?
Speaker 4: And every character he kind of that's his monk voice.
Speaker 6: He kind of sounds like this in every movie.
Speaker 5: And giv you show more Florida band Dan had between Creed and olymp Biscuit. Yeah, Olympiscit dominating Florida right now sixty eight percent of them.
Speaker 2: Is this a complimentary win for olymp Biscuit as being.
Speaker 5: The most Florida band aid compliment?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I'd take a victory lap if I'm Fred Durst. Yeah, take one.
Speaker 5: Do they still tour the Biscuits since I believe are back on the.
Speaker 1: Road, Yeah, yeah, right out of the oven, ready to go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, bang biscuit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you? Ton Uh. Anything to watch tonight other than baseball? Yeah, The A's are on a roll. They won consecutive games, so they have twelve wins. They are tied with the Yankees for most walk off wins in baseball, and they've had two winning streaks of two in a row. The day of the day, best stat of the day, stat of the day here comes that? What stat of By the way, Aaron Judge eighteenth home run of the season last night. He's the fifth player all time to have eighteen home runs before the end of May, and consecutive seasons. Barry Bonds, Ken Griffy Junior, Mark maguire. Actually Bonds did it two thousand and two thousand and one. In two thousand and two. And I look at these pitches that Aaron Judge hits out. If you said, hey, here's some batting practice pitches, that's what it looks like. I would never come close to challenging him. And you see some of these pitches that just hang in the strike zone and he doesn't miss him. Uh this day in sportship, by the way, the best house I've ever been in. I'm trying to think if I've been in something where I went, oh my god, this is incredible.
Speaker 5: Okay, how about a house that you'd never thought you would be in, but you're like, wow, I never thought i'd end up here, so that doesn't even have to be impressive.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of a famous person I've been in their house.
Speaker 5: Woody Harrison. You ended up in his.
Speaker 1: Well that was he was in a Brownstone in New York. Boy, what a night that was stoned.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: When when Woody brought out these tupperware containers full of pot and each one had a lighter green to it. I think the last one he brought out looked like it was lime green pot and what do you knew what he was doing?
Speaker 2: He does seem like he's an expert in Yes, he is.
Speaker 1: He's an expert in the field. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: In the tupperware to keep the air out, that's smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you to uh. This day in sports history palling eighteen.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine, New York's Madison Square Garden opened the first Madison Square Garden In eighteen eighty, the first US National Bicycle Society was formed in Newport, Rhode Island. The League of American Wheelmen a TV show.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I'll join that league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the League of American Wheelman If they bring that back, I'm in. And the Brooklyn Dodgers in nineteen thirty seven, and the Carl Hubble of the New York Giants twenty four game winning streak as a pitcher.
Speaker 1: Lebron James scored forty eight on this day. That was Game five Eastern Conference Finals. He scored twenty five straight points, including twenty nine of Cleveland's final thirty points. On this date, Usain Bolt ran the fastest one hundred meters dash in history at nine point seven to two seconds. What did you learn today?
Speaker 11: Todd Reggie Miller says, if Jimmy bullickin way consistently, the Heat will beat the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: And six see O'Connors.
Speaker 5: Terrence said, we changed MLB to NBL, NBA to NBL, we wrote a movie, we broke down three TV series and did a Creed versus Limp biscuit standoff. This is what makes the show so great.
Speaker 1: I just learned Discover credit cards do something pretty awesome and after your first year, they automatically double the cashback you've earned. That's right, everything is earned double cash back from trips and restaurants. See terms in check it out for yourself. Discover dot com, slash match. Thanks for joining us. Thanks for the support. We'll talk to you tomorrow on The Dan Patrick Show.