Speaker 1: Also media, Hello and welcome, da could happen here podcast where my friend Garrison Davis and I inc her countless amounts of trauma by watching videos of Donald Trump talking about things he doesn't understand.
Speaker 2: How you doing today, Garrison.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm doing fine and peachy on this wonderful spring afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll sort that out for you. We'll bring you back down because what we gathered here today to discuss, Garrison, is that we talked about gender forty seven yesterday. So hopefully people have listened. If you haven't, you know, you can go back and understand what the gender forty seven is. This short version is that it's Donald Trump's policy platform for his proposed second term. Right, if he gets elected in twenty twenty four, and there is a lot of agenda forty seven, we'll breaking down.
Speaker 3: A lot of forty seven. Yeah, yeah, arguably too much agenda forty seven, yes, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: One could argue that, I think quite compellingly, what we're talking about today is his bordered immigration policy. And I don't think it'll shock anyone to hear that these are major pillars of gender forty seven. Right, he kind of launched his political career with an incredibly bigoted speech about migrants, and it's been the real through line, Like the only thing, one of the few things where he actually was able to be efficient enough to do a large amount of harm was at the border and with immigration right, and it certainly seems like he has plans to a lot more in twenty twenty four. Post twenty twenty four, I guess Biden's tried to counter this by lurching to the right, but he's handled a lot of people in the process. But this hasn't stopped Trump without taking a breath out, flanking him far to the right on immigration policy. So that's what we're going to talk about today. So Gender forty seven website. It's structured with a series of these scripted rumble videos which are embedded and then in a spectacular own goal also transcripted, which just like like Garrison said yesterday, it is a joy to read Donald Trump speaking. Without hearing Donald Trump speaking, it is you never know what's coming next, like it consistently blindside you. No one can the best to ever do it, and no one, no one could replicate Donald Trump. So a lot of the pages detail his proposed actions on his first day in office, right, what he's going to do with his executive power or which, as we'll go into, he seems to be this is not a man who attended civic class and paid attention.
Speaker 3: Well because because it was one weaponized Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, he he's loving American didn't go. Okay. The other things address like cloudy right wing talking points which in many cases kind of either fictional or over exaggerated, are not really related to what's going on with the border and midration, and he sort of proposes quoe unquote solutions often it's not exactly clear how or if these things are legal, But like I think, as we'll get into, that doesn't really matter. His big theme going through all of his immigration content is to end what he calls automatic citizenship for children. I'm not going to do the voice. I can't do the.
Speaker 3: Voice because you're cursed with your britishness blessed yes, yeah, sure, God's chosen people. Okay, yeah, average average Christian identity opinion heaverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, big big Christian identity opinion have it? Okay? So Donald Trump, right, his big thing is taking a swing at the Fourteenth Amendment right a birthright citizenship it's very funny that it's not funny. Actually it's quite fucked. But if you're not familiar, the Fourteenth Amendment was passed after the Civil War, and in the first part of the Fourteenth Amendment, there's a sentence that reads, all persons born or naturalized in the United States and the subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States. Cool.
Speaker 3: That sounds very simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, doesn't it. It does. What you're not considering Garrison is like some fringes on the Flagg tier legal bullshit, which Donald Trump and his camp, unsurprisingly are pursuing. We're going to get to a little bit about this later. This is they're not the first group of people to make ending birth right citizenship the whole thing right. It's been a sort of a bugbear on the right for a while. So, as I said, the funding for men was strongly opposed by Confederate states after the Civil War, right, but they were forced to ratify it in order to regain representation in Congress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get fucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So John, Donald Trump's now bringing I guess, coming back on behalf of the Confederacy to challenge the Fourteenth to make any such cases in this and many other ways. That's why they call him stone Wall Trump, do they they? Yeah? Wait, really no, I don't think so. I mean I guarantee, I guarantee. Let's us google it real quick. Let's see what comes up. Stonewall Trump, It's going to be one of two things. Stonewall really splits. Well, okay, now there's some curse stuff there. Google that your own risk.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the fourteenth Amendment has been really pivotal in American history. It's one of the most litigated amendments to the Constitution.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It gave us the Road decision, which has now been overheard, give us the Obergefel decision, which legalized the same sex marriage, gave us Brown versus Board of Education. More relevant here is that it superseded the dread Scott case and shrind in Lord the right if anyone born in the USA, regardless of race or a snithety, to be a citizen. And it has a few exemptions like I think the children of foreign diplomats and visiting heads of state are not US citizens. So like King Charles couldn't come over here have another kid and then have that kid be a dual citizen. Trump proposes that he's going to stop this immediately on entering office by executive order.
Speaker 3: Can you remove another of the Constitution by executive order? James, I'm not a legal expert by any means.
Speaker 2: No. No, I am a historian of anarchists in Spain. This is not the center Mayrea of expertise. But I'm pretty confident, like without going full seth Abramson here, that no, you can't. You can't just do that because it certainly feels wrong. Yeah, it seems like it doesn't pass the smell test.
Speaker 3: No, I think.
Speaker 2: If American history would be very different if you could change the Constitution by executive order. But this isn't going to stop Donald Trump crying. The specific case he has a beef with is US versus one kim Ark. It's called it's a couple of people who were Chinese nationals who had a kid in the United States and a Supreme Court found that their kid would sit in Right, we don't need to go into the case. Sure, but Republicans have been on this for a long time. I think they really began to get concerted momentum behind it during the Obama administration. Obviously, before Obama was elected, right, Donald Trump sort of really entered politics with his birth Allives right and this idea that Obama was not a US citizen and therefore was not eligible for the presidency, and that sort of that tendency continued in Republican politics. Lindsey Graham, a man who looks like a melting slath, attempted to introduce a constitutional amendment during the Obama administration, failed to do so. I don't think he actually ever introduced it. I think he just sort of shopped it around see if he could get support, and then failed. This has been a continuing theme since. Actually, Matt Gates, along with Gosa Santos and some other representatives, tried to institute a House resolution last year ending birthright citizenship. Trump has also been cooking up some rather unique legal theories about this for a while. In twenty eighteen, he claimed that you don't need a constitutional amendment to change the Fourteenth Amendment. He also repeatedly claimed that birthright citizenship is something that's either rare or in some cases, he claimed it's unique to the United States, which is not true. There are about thirty countries that offer birth for a citizenship. The legal justification that he offers most often comes from someone called John Eastman. Do you know who John Eastman is? Garrison, I do not. Johnny'sman was the one of the legal architects of Trump's plan to overturn the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: He has also been indicted in the Georgia case against Trump and his co conspirators. Johnny Ssmon also tried to do birth a shit about Karmala Harris. Many of you will be able to draw the line between Karmala Harris and Barack Obama and perhaps the underlying motivation for their birth and stuff. But Eastman is contending, I guess that the quote subjects to the jurisdiction thereof element of the fourteenth Amendment means that somehow people who live in the United States, work in the United States, have pay tacks in the United States are not subject to which juris if they're not citizens themselves, which, look, it doesn't matter, how like I think. The big thing I want you guys to take away from this is that everything he wants to do is probably illegal, and none of that really matters, right because we'll have a court like he's he's got a Supreme Court, which has but it's packed with Republicans, right.
Speaker 3: And it has constantly affirmed his ability to do crimes and get off with basic pheno punk.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, like this is a man who tried to do a coup and it's standing for election again. Like the court system is not going to save us. If he has enough time and he can and enough political will, he will try and do this. And I think it's not unreasonable to expect that he will attempt to buy executive order on the first day of his presidency to take birthright citizenship away from the children of undocumented migrants. Garrison, do you know what won't take rights away from your children?
Speaker 3: I forget what food service box we have and therefore cannot make jokes about on air. But it's one of them. One of them can, one of them can't, And you have to know which one. What everyone advertises is the good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always it'll be when they speak really fast at the end, just just slow that down. You hear them talking about your children, We're back. We hope you enjoy those outports. The second thing Donald Trump is big mad about is something called birth tourism. What that he calls birth tourism.
Speaker 3: Right, it's okay, I think I see where this is going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's when you take a holiday to the the womb, you go into like a pod and it's very I thought.
Speaker 3: It's where you take a holiday summer to pop out of kin and they get automatic citizenship.
Speaker 2: That's what it actually is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is a great plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you go on holiday to like an all inclusive resort and then you don't have to pay for your birth expenses because they're included when you go to your all inclusive resort. It's a great deal for everyone.
Speaker 3: I didn't die. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many few people have. But now now the words out and it might close that loophole. What I think is interesting about his quote unquote birth tourism claims, it's not like obviously this again has been a right wing talking point for a long time. Right. It's that in this particular section of the Agenda forty seven website, he includes links to provide evidence for some of his claims, which is a bold move for Donald Trump, a man who excus evidence. But what he links to is the Center for Immigration Studies, Right, the CIS. The CIS is an extremely right wing thing tank. It's founded by someone called John Tantun and it's listed by the SBLC as a hate group. The reason it's listed by the SBLC as a hate group is because it pretty consistently publishes the work of someone called Jason rich Wine, who is an unreconstructed race science guy, right, like a modern day phrenologist, if you will. This is a man who is so racist that he was forced to resign from the Heritage Foundation. Oh oh wow, yeah, yeah, which I didn't know was possible. Actually, it was quite.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they had like a bar for that. Huh.
Speaker 2: No, two racists for the Heritage Foundation. Is is quite racist?
Speaker 3: Gravestone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably will after CIS when there's a bit of a blow up about this is during the first round presidency, and CIS claimed they it wouldn't be unusual to occasionally include a racist or an anti semite given the volume of content they put out. So this led to the Southern Poverty Law Center conducting an analysis of their weekly newsletter. I'm going to read you a summary of that analysis now. Southern Poverty Law Center and a Center for New Community examined approximately four hundred and fifty of CIS's weekly emails dating back almost ten years and found that CIS circulated over one thousand, seven hundred articles from vdare dot com. Garrison's face just looks like they've stepped in something horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have this podcast recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right, an average of three VEDA articles every week. Huh Yeah, So that that's where Donald Trump is getting the bulk of his statistics and information, or at least Donald Trump isn't writing this stuff, right. I don't think he has the attention span. But whoever is writing his immigration policy, it's sourcing from vdare.
Speaker 3: Do we want to explain what the yeah is? Go off?
Speaker 2: Garrison? Let us know.
Speaker 3: So VEDE is like this white nationalist like anti immigration, not like a lobbying group, but like I kind of. They produce a whole bunch of rhetoric and talking points about all of the big risks of immigration. It gets sent stuff to like Fox News. Trump's used this stuff before. It's not it's not great. They receive like dark money from conservative like funding groups like Donors Trust. It's it's it's ways to to it's finding a whole bunch of silly ways to try to justify their types of racism, and they are they are still a problem. They were founded nearly twenty five years ago and they're still they're still going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean they've they've compared the anti white rhetoric to the Rwandan genocide before and just they What I think is important to hear about v DAY is that they exist to take straight up hate rhetoric and insert it to mainstream politics.
Speaker 3: And yes, they take stuff from like actual, like like very like recognized like white nationalist groups and and turn it into rhetoric that is acceptable on Fox News. That is their entire goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and cis one might argue, exists to take that VDA stuff and dressed it up as research article, statistics information that might inform policy. There's a bunch of stuff in his sort of Abolished Birthright Citizenship that I don't think we need to get into. He talks a lot about birth hotels. He links to a National Affairs op ed from Peter Shuck and Rogers Smith. These are the people who have really been like the originators of the abolished birthright citizenship movement. They wrote a book about it, I think in nineteen eighty five. It's also worth noting just so, like Trump repeatedly claims in his little videos that children can then make their parents citizens as soon as they become citizens. Like so, if someone was undocumented, right and their child became a citizen and a child, you know, five year old child con sponsored them for citizenship, and a way they are now the whole family is American citizens. Right. And then the logic of this website goes that like Biden imports these people, they all become citizens, they all vote for the Democrats, right, And this is sort of the great replacement theory with a couple more steps. It's worth noting that children have to be twenty one to sponsor a parent, and if that parent has entered the country in an undocumented way, then the parent has to leave for a decade and then come back to apply. It's not possible to simply citizenize your parents as soon as you become a citizen by birth right citizenship. It would be an extremely long game to try and have a kid in order to gain your own citizenship. I've met thousands of migrants who have entered between ports of entry, right, I've never met anyone who have articulated this this sort of goal, this route to citizenship. He then goes on he has this like it's literally a bullet pointed list of border policies. Right. These include quote unquote extreme vetting at a quote national vetting center. That's a little worrying that the National Vetting Center.
Speaker 3: Is going to be doing this vetting. What are they vetting for? Who are they vetting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the migrants. Who's going to be doing the vetting probably the people who forced women to have abortions in their custody and lost thousands of children and have been able to relocate their families, So that'll be great. It's not also clear what they're vetting for. He doesn't say that specifically. He does say that he wants to quote unleash interior immigration enforcement, which anyone who's lived in the United States in the last decade may have noticed. So we in fact have interior immigration Yeah, I think that has been unleashed. But yeah, it's kind of me as whole Twitter thing, But yeah, I think I guess this is part of his massive deportation thing, right, his goal to deport undocumented people. He does not at any point differentiate between undocumented people in the asylum seecrets. He seems to see them as one of the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they're all dangerous illegals or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah. And anyone crossing the border for any reason other than with visa in hand to him falls into this, like should be deported.
Speaker 3: If you are a certain skin tone? Yes, yeah, yeah, visa plus the skin tone is what makes it okay?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah. I think it's probably fair. And what else has he got on his lord you list here? Let's see, there's ending federal grants to sanctuary cities. I'm not quite sure how he thinks that would work or what exactly he means by federal grants, Like we're just going to stop having highways in California.
Speaker 3: That would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's return. I'm ready. I'll be riding my bike everywhere like a king. He also talks about and he calls he ending quote catch and release at the border. It's not clear what he means by this.
Speaker 3: I've certainly heard this term a lot the past year. Catch and release.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like catch and release was used to refer sometimes to Title forty two, a policy that Trump put in place whereby migrants would be caught and immediately turned back into Mexico and released there, and they generally try and cross again. And we've covered this in an entire series I made on title forty two.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Another of his uh, his weird Little bugbears is ending the visa lottery. Are you familiar with the visa lottery? Garrison? Roughly, but not super Okay, So the visa lottery is more properly called something called the Diversity Visa Program. It allows for up to fifty five thousand immigrant visas a year for individuals from countries that are underrepresented in the US immigration system. So it's literally there to increase diversity, right, I guess it's d I. It's d I. He must have recorded this before di I was a big deal because he doesn't have that shame.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure how much equity there is going to be in the lottery program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're about to find out, Garrison. Okay. Trump has repeatedly suggested that he believes that this diversity visa program consists of non US countries raffling off green cards like you pay and then they draw your number. That that's not how it works. It's the United States who decides who gets them. It's a computer program that selects about fifty thousand applicants from about fifteen million. I have met probably hundreds of people who have applied for diversity viewers. I meet them all the time every time I'm traveling for work, Myanmar, Thailand, Iraq, Kurdis, Dan and Syria, like, You'll meet people from all of these places who have tried to apply for the system. Most of them end up not getting it because the odds are very slim.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: When they do get it, they then have to go through a series of vetting processes and then they have to make an appointment at a consulate. One of the last parts of the process making appoints at a consulate to get an interview. Right. What the Trump administration did last time was stop people from getting appointments at consulates, citing COVID right that they couldn't with the COVID restriction to get appointment. That meant that de facto, because you only have seven months once you get awarded the visa to like fulfill the process and get the paper visa and begin your travel, those people weren't able to get it, and they had to go back to the start right, which is crushing, like, I know how much of their money and hope people allocate to these programs and to be told like, yeah, you got it. It's incredibly rare, and then to be like, oh, actually you can't make the appointment. Screw you. It's crushing. Now. The Biden administration, in all fairness, has restored their right to book an interview, but it's moved to the bottom of the priority list, so in practice it's still happening that people can be they can quote unquote win the green card lottery and still not get a green card. It's a complete mess, and transporposal lists to entirely do away with it. This would require legislation that doesn't matter. He also has a little there's like a one sentence where he claims that Biden's border policies are killing migrants, and weirdly, he links to an NPR article about it. He's not wrong, like he's absolutely not wrong, Like uh.
Speaker 3: But but but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The butt is that Donald Trump would kill a lot more.
Speaker 3: Great I mean yeah, I mean is are those also are those like referring specificly to Biden stuff or like the stuff that like like that like Governor Abbott's doing like what.
Speaker 2: It's the increase in border crossings and bordered deaths from twenty twenty to present. Much of that is due to Trump's Title forty two policy that Biden wholeheartedly supported defended in court. Right, because when people were caught and then released back across the border, they often they were offered unlimited crossings by the people who were like helping them cross, or they the facto, had unlimited chances to cross because they're just being dropped back in Mexico. Right, Yeah, They're often they're dropped without any resources in places where they have no communities, so they try and cross again, and they end up going to more and more remote places because they don't want to get caught, right, or so they end up crossing in the places where there are gaps in the wall. Those tend to be very remote, and those tend to be the places where people die. So you can map the deaths and you can you can see this in real time happen.
Speaker 3: And Trump's pretending to find this to be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Trump is very sad about this. He's big sad. So he's gonna he's gonna make a kind of gender immigration system. It's Garrison. Do you know, do you know what else it is kinder and gentler than the immigration system.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess the ads. I mean, I don't know if ads might kill less people, but it's really hard to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I think they probably would. I think we can we can confidently.
Speaker 3: Say now that cigarette ads are are What.
Speaker 2: If it's a banana advert, because then you can get into the whole sort of you know, like.
Speaker 3: All right, well here, let's play these ads.
Speaker 2: We're back. Enjoy your fruit.
Speaker 3: I love ethical fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then nothing, grow your own fruit. That's the message of this podcast. And then if we didn't have if we did grow our own fruit, we wouldn't have destabilized many of the countries that these migrants are coming from.
Speaker 3: Beautiful Georgia, peaches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we destabilized Georgia. Boy can dream. So there's a couple of other bugbears, little sort of things that Trump has. One of them is benefits for migrants. Now, this is something that's been hopping around the right wing for a while. It's really been more sort of one of their talking points in the last few months. I think, like since right wing stream has certainly started coming to places where I volunteered on the border. I've heard them talking about it. I tried not to hear them talking, so they might have been talking about it for and I was just not paying attention. Just be super clear and document. People are not eligible for most benefits. Even people with legal status have a range of hurdles, including.
Speaker 3: Even if you have even if you have a green curd there's a lot of stuff you can.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and there are also public charge rules, which in some cases some forms of assistance might be a hurdle if you are looking to change your immigration status, so even if you had accepted them, that that might stop you moving along the immigration pathway. That's only for things like SSI and TAN. But I don't think we need to go into the nitty gritty of it. He claims that people are coming here to live off benefits. He calls quote welfare and a gigantic magnet drawing people from all over the world. They want to come to the United States. They want to feast off the sweat and savings of the American taxpayer. Feasting off sweat is not a beautiful image, but well no, it's He continues to claim that these migrants also take American jobs. Right, so that once climbing unemployment benefits and taking American jobs. And again, like I don't think Donald Trump stuff has to line up for it to be dangerous, just to like inject a moment of like factual analysis. Again, you have to wait at least five months after applying for work permit. When you ripe her as a refugee to get a work permit, you may not apply straight away. Many people wait for a year or more without the right to work. Undocumented workers working under the table are hugely underpaid, very frequently abused, and the reason again where your fruit is cheap. He says in his Day one plan that he's going to stop migrant workers taking American jobs by having like American hiring provisions for all federal agencies. Federal agencies are not hiring undocumented people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's simply not happening.
Speaker 2: That is just that is Like believe me, I am a person who has been a migrant to this country. The amount of bullshit you have to go to to even do a government job like teaching is a large amount of bullshit. And they absolutely are not hiring undocumented people. I bring this garrison to the final pillar of the Trump immigration policy and f this one, Garrison, I want you to take a moment to listen to this clip of Donald Trump explaining the well researched information that he uses to develop his immigration policy.
Speaker 4: I was thrilled to host a screening at Bedminster of the important new film Sound of Freedom, about the power of faith in overcoming evil, and in particular the evil of child trafficking. Big problem. We had it down to the lowest number in many years just four years ago, and now it's gone through the roof, even though the fake news media has tried to ignore it. Sound of Freedom has been a national sensation and a colossal success at the box office, really big numbers. Everyone should see it. This is a very important film and very important movie, and it's a very important documentary all wrapped up in one.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you're sliding another I there in between L and M.
Speaker 2: I've heard spoken around the world, and I've never heard that pronounced that way.
Speaker 3: Farious choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a fascinating man.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, besides the point, like most of those had a Freedom tickets were but by right wing billionaires and were completely empty seats.
Speaker 2: He goes on to detail the exact number of dollars it took in the opening week, to talk about how it's such a success. Yes, decent, A decent amount of his entire child drafting policy. Is him describing the film Freedom. It's incredible, like that was that was a gift that I did not if you read the transcript, do you miss out on some of these absolute easter eggs that Donald Trump leaves.
Speaker 3: I think I I think I saw a clip of him at a rally recently where he was talking about Center Freedom and he also said it like that. No, it was I know what it was. It was talking about David Lynch. When there was that misquote about about Lynch saying like like Trump seems like like like an energetic guy or something, and he's like philim filim director, David Lynch endorsed me for president. It's like, Okay, that's not whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then he's uh, yeah, so he's.
Speaker 3: He's been saying this way for like almost ten years at least, because that's insane.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Because because that yeah, because that clip was from like the twenty fifteen campaign rallies.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's so it's not Yeah, Wow, the power of simility an incredible thing. Uh. If any anyone else, anyone we could do like the NPR thing, if you if they say film where you come from.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone else's I really don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, no, there's not a Yeah, he just comes up with his stuff from a blank slate.
Speaker 3: Well that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone else is cool.
Speaker 3: It's uh, this is all of this video is called like Trump calls for a death penalty and we're laughing and we're laughing about pronunciation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, unfortunately, Garrison, it's time to stop laughing because yes, Donald Trump, I'm going to outline a death penalty thing. Quote. I will urge Congress to ensure that anyone caught trafficking children across our border receives the death penalty immediately. And that includes also for women, because women, as you know, are number one in trafficking children are actually number two. That's the sentence, which you could pick apart for a long time.
Speaker 3: What does he mean by trafficking.
Speaker 2: That is extremely unclear. He seems to mean the arrival of people in the United States.
Speaker 3: Right, Like that's kind of what it sounds like. Yeah, like it sounds like it just means crossing the border.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, he well because he he also says, quote, I will use Title forty two to end the child trafficking crisis by returning all traffic children to their families in their home countries and without delay.
Speaker 2: I made an entire fucking series on Title forty two. I recorded it in a week, and then I wrote it in a week, and then we edited it, and it has destroyed me and I have never recovered. Title forty two does absolutely nothing about child trafficking. Title forty two returns all migrants or anyone crossing the border between ports of entry to Mexico, which suggests that he sees all these people as trafficked, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also absolutely does not reunite children with their families. This is the administration that separated families at the border and has in some cases been unable to find the parents of the children it's separated. Friends of mine have worked for a very long time, very hard, absolutely not for the tra administration trying to find those people's families. But it's really interesting that he is talking about Title forty two again. Title forty two, if you're not familiar as a public health law, right, it's to stop the introduction of infectious disease into the United States. It's a very old law that was initially designed around tuberculosis. So, and we know that Trump administration planned to use Title forty two before coronavirus was a Coronavirus is already a thing before COVID nineteen with the thing, right, So, he's just being completely open about his idea to manipulate public health law in a way that allows him to do things immigration law would not allow him to do. Right. He also finishes up, I guess by making his claim once again. He goes back to the well that is the fucking border war. Right. I'm just going to quote here. We created the most secure border in US history, dealing a major blow to the cartels in traffickers. We built hundreds of miles a wall, ran innovated hundreds of miles of war. We built hundreds of miles of war. We never had anything like it. And then I got Mexico free of charge to give us twenty eight thousand soldiers to protect us from people coming into our country illegally. It's not going to surprise anyone that this is bullshit.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Trump first made this hundreds of miles of war claim In a debate with Biden, I filed a foyer for a new war building that night. The best estimate I can come up with, based on the documents I got from Foyer and from other people's foyers, is that they built about eighty five miles of new war. They did replace several hundred miles of war, and in some cases that went from a pretty insignificant barrier to a pretty large one. The twenty eight thousand soldier thing this will shock you was also not true. There was an agreement at twenty nineteen with Mexico that didn't list a specific number of troops, but it did say that most of them will be in the southern half of the country and Mexico's border with Guatemala. He then goes on just a complete tangent where he says, I will rage war on the cartels, just as I destroyed the ISIS Caliphate. One hundred percent gone, one hundred percent destroyed.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that's why that attack in Russia was Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, yeah, it's gone. Yeah. Isis car bombed the street that I stayed on a couple of weeks after I left in October, Like.
Speaker 3: This is why the isis press people are like begging people to like to believe that isis is like still a thing. They're like, no, please, We're still real. Yeah, we're still around.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm a real boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the Pinocchio ices. That'll be a highly entertaining film. Look, I want to finish up by saying here that, like, as we saw in Donald Trump's first term, his malice is really only matched by his incompetence, and his incompetence at the border is much less important. I guess he's he's been able to be more competent at the border than he has been anywhere else in enacting his policies. He managed to do plenty of things in his first term that are un constitutional because the system only really works when the people playing the game agree that the rules of the game are more important than the outcome. And that's not the case with Donald Trump. Right. We know that the fact that he dedicated so much of his agenda forty seven pages to migration tells us that peddling great replacement theories is going to be a major part of his campaign and a major part of his second term. If he gets one. The sources that he links to here tell us that he's as addicted to right wing rage bait as he ever was, and that he's still surrounded by cranks and crackpots with fringe on the flag level conspiracy theories. None of this stuff, none of my suggestions that what he's saying is false or illegal or impossible under the constitution mean that it's not dangerous. Right. I would have told you in twenty sixteen that it was illegal to bounce people back to Mexico without hearing their asylum claims, because it is. But we had it under a democratic president for three years. We had it under Trump for a year. Right, it still happened. He succeeded in moving the border and migration debate massively to the right, and we have Biden advocating for things that would not have flown like that. Clinton would have been a ghast at right, and just by Trump making this an issue, even if he doesn't get elected in November, Biden's going to try and fight him on this by claiming that he too is tough on the border, He too is tough on these fictional things like the taking of American jobs or migrants claiming public benefits or birthright citizenship right that Biden has completely failed to plow his own path on this, and he said he's entirely reactive to Trump. So I think I guess the big take home here is that whatever happens in November, things that the border are going to be terrible, just like they're terrible now.
Speaker 3: And and you can't just rely on politicians to do things at the border, like there's actually like you can't just push it away, be like, oh, now that so and so's in charge, now I don't have to think about it, be.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's the whole fucking problem, right. The reason that we are so broke, the reason that I personally am so broken and my truck is falling apart, is that that is what people are doing. At least with Trump. We got money in twenty eighteen when he held the Mi caravan at the border in Tijuana. My friends and I were there doing mutual aid, and we did just what we're doing now in a cumba right. We fed people, we bought them blankets, we took care of them, and we stop them from dying. But at least libs sent us money, like we had tons of money. I remember spending one thousand dollars on soft toys in the Costco in Tijuana. That doesn't happen anymore because people think that they voted for the kind, gentle, nice guy. And I guess, like, I want people to look at this with the understanding that whatever happens at the ballot box, like you need to help with the boarder because neither of these politicians are going to That's my my speech. Thank you for listening to our podcast. Anything else, Garrison.
Speaker 3: No, no, but we we will be back tomorrow with more exciting, exciting news about Yeah, what are we sell an agenda either, Actually I don't know because we have not planned it out that far ahead. Throughout the rest of the week, we'll be talking about Trump's plans for handling the gender question, trump declaring war on cartels, and his plans to fix the pharmaceutical industry. So all.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: It could happen here as a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool Zonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for it could happen here. Updated monthly at cool zonemedia dot com, slash sources. Thanks for listening,