Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys world headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Here we are on Monday, Players Louds.
Speaker 4: The off season edition is here, coming to you live from the Star the Star, headquarters of Dallas Cowboys, and also the East West Shrine Game is gonna be played on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about it.
Speaker 4: I was just open to practice today, checking checking some of the guys out man.
Speaker 3: I'm just happy to see guys get opportunity.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: That's to be able to showcase there Whereas obviously the Senior Bowl is a great place to get you when everybody didn't get to go. At least there's somewhere to go Thursday right here. If you're in Dallas foot Worth, get on out here and watch some football players, man, because guys are trying to make it out there.
Speaker 3: But it's cool to watch practice.
Speaker 2: Nick Harris is writing some some pretty fantastic articles on the Shrine Bowl as well. I think it's a cornerback on there from the Toronto Orgonauts. Uh I'm saying that right.
Speaker 3: Canadian, Canadian? Yeah, you know that players. I know by the way standing crag could seeing my brother. You know I can't wear that.
Speaker 5: You clean I can't you know, count on that. But you know what it looks like.
Speaker 2: I want to start this week. You know what it looked like. You look like the old school member jacket I remember, move on. That jacket is pressed. Oh no, man, that jacket mamazone to start the week off like this talking about.
Speaker 5: Cleaning out. That's me complimented in jacket. Oh my bad. It looked like it's a Louis.
Speaker 3: Championship Games.
Speaker 5: Your oxcuse me. You were one and one.
Speaker 3: You were one and one. I was won and one.
Speaker 4: Somebody, man, oh man, we all had we all had Baltimore, We all took that l But somebody decided on Dan Campbell and.
Speaker 2: He let me tell you something. You cannot let this man his wife, family that he cannot go to Vegas by hisself. He cannot go to Vegas by himself. He is the ultimate. I'm gonna get it back, guy, I lost it. I'm gonna get it back. He changes.
Speaker 5: You can't just walk away.
Speaker 3: From the table chasing it. You can't walk away from the table.
Speaker 5: How many you know what, I'm sure we get it to it. I'm saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm invested in the Lions because, like I said, one of my really good friends college teammate, dude, I hang out where all the time. It's a linebacker coach there, and I kind of understand, like talking to him, getting the message from what.
Speaker 5: Like I was in it right hard knocks all that. I saw what happened when they came down here.
Speaker 2: That gifted us the game, gifted it to us, Okay, And I'm like, okay, right whatever, that's him, Okay.
Speaker 5: He go out there. He kicked the field goal.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the first half, so you're like, okay, well he got he got a little something. He figuring it out a little bit. He ain't gonna he not gonna mess off the game the first one. But he dropped the ball. He drops the ball. I get it, okay, but could you go for it? And that's what you always do when you got an opportunity to tie the football game up, though, to tie the football game up knowing that your offense is moving the ball like.
Speaker 5: It's not like you never gonna get back into the red zone again. You go tie the game up.
Speaker 2: Allow your defense to go out there play football, and if not, you got another opportunity to score. You don't kick the you don't kick it, you get trick. You let Jared Golf get tricked and mad oh we running man the man they tricking.
Speaker 5: And runs on. Now you don't know what to do. Got it?
Speaker 3: They got us?
Speaker 5: You are you are a victim of a goddam moment.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting there, wh I say, listen, I understand the players are like, yeah, I got his back and all this stuff.
Speaker 5: A bro kick the field goal to win to tie the game up.
Speaker 2: You like you, it's not you like changing your personality and being somebody else in the tight situation as you saying, you know what, in this opportunity, I'm gonna give my defense a chance to go play. Because they've been they've been playing, okay, you know what I'm saying. They figure out a way to make the players outside of the one that knocked the dude him. But yeah, yeah, yeah, I went out there and tricked it all man, both of them both tackling city tricked it off all suddeny.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it comes.
Speaker 2: Down and sometimes it just comes down to emotional intelligence. And I, for one, I was looking looking at Dan Campbell. Man, I'm saying to myself, Dan Campbell is your homeboy, that you don't take the nice places because you know he could act up right, you know what he's gonna do, So you know you can't take everywhere. And here you are in one of these situations. All you gotta do is take the field goal. And people are gonna say how big the field goal was. But also Detroit, they dropped the receivers, dropped them.
Speaker 3: Yeah they got Reynolds, two of them.
Speaker 2: You had a lot of that. But at the point where you have a seventeen point lead, protect your lead. And it's not to play safe, it's not the look play your game. But at the same time, recognized with a seventeen point lead, all you're doing is making is now three possession game. You're putting your You're putting your team in a position to win. And as a coach, that's all you want. I mean, look, reputation be damn. We know what he did in the Cowboys game, Like you said, he gifted us that game gave it to us three times going for the two point conversion. But in the biggest game of your life, come on, now, come on, now, take the points. Live to fight another day, but don't take the error out of your own own sales. Don't do don't sabotage yourself. And that's what I felt like watching that game. I was like, we were text chain going crazy. But I'm like, man, this is a team that believes. And Dan Campbell said, I got something else for you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna show you what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna show you what it is. And that's what he did, trip up his own not just the biggest game of his life, that's the biggest game of the franchise, the opportunity, the Super fifties.
Speaker 5: So when you're not in front of your TV, like what you're.
Speaker 3: Doing, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: And it's everything y'all just said. Because coach is harp on this all the time. You know, you've been in locker room, you've been in locker you covered it for thirty some years.
Speaker 3: Coachability. I want players who are coachable.
Speaker 6: You make that one mistake, all right, that's I'll let you slide with that one mistake. I'm gonna teach you how to correct that mistake. But if you go out there and make it again, it's on you.
Speaker 3: It's on you.
Speaker 6: It's all about being coachable. Dan Campbell, what you're doing, man, You or y'all both just said it. In that Dallas game, he gambled for it in a two point conversion.
Speaker 2: You didn't get it, all right, whatever the case may be, you played the field, go and play for overtime.
Speaker 6: You doubled down on it again, you didn't get it. You would think, all right, man, you know what, this two point conversion ain't for me. I'm gonna go ahead and kick the extra point.
Speaker 4: You triple down on it, triple down on it again, and once again you fail, and it comes into the biggest moment in the NFC Championship game. It's all about coach ability. Like you just said, that's how you got there.
Speaker 5: You gain what.
Speaker 4: I get it that first that first fourth down and three rentals dropped it.
Speaker 3: I get it. That's how you get there.
Speaker 2: But you gotta be coachable in that situation. This ain't a regular season game. This ain't a you know, we got next week. We'll improve on it.
Speaker 5: This is the.
Speaker 3: NFC Championship game, and you're in the.
Speaker 6: Exact situation you were earlier in that fourth down what they were on a thirty yard line.
Speaker 2: They were in the San Francisco's red zone. Take the points, man, What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: To me?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say he cost him the game.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna say he cost.
Speaker 3: Him because it was a lot of things the players had.
Speaker 2: He had a lot to give him one hundred percent. I'n't give my hundred. I game seventy five. I don't give my hundred.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 3: Calvin should have grabbed.
Speaker 2: It, Colvin, Listen, How does Vegas get you to continue to coming back down there? They let you win every once in a while. You lose, You lose thirty times, and then that one time you win it make you feel like it's switched on you a little bit.
Speaker 5: In the Dallas thing don't work out somehow.
Speaker 2: They go in and they get Tampa, they get whoever at home, and they're like, you know, it worked out for us, It don't matter because this is our team. And then you get an opportunity to go out there and do it again, and you think it's gonna work out because it always work out. It always work out. Then you go out there and you go, I just kicked the field goal to tie the game up.
Speaker 5: Bro, what do you What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Bill Parcels and Chris Bean remembers this. Parcels used to get a great press conference, and Parcels told us one time I've never forgotten.
Speaker 3: He says, never trust the players. The players f you every time.
Speaker 4: And I think back to when Andy Reid back when they were facing Cincinnati and right before the half, he sends out the field goal.
Speaker 3: You know, Patrick Holmes go over there. No, no, no, no, let's go for it.
Speaker 5: They go for it.
Speaker 3: They don't get it. Three points?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 3: What did him? In Cincinnati goes Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting here watching Dan talking about trust my players, because I went to that press conference that Dan Campbell had after the Cowboy game when he no, I told him he was gonna go win. It's like, Bro, I know what you told him. Yeah, you scored and wain for two, but it was it was a problem. So you gotta Goria Johnts. You got to change the player. If you the guy still believe me, this is what we were going to do. It didn't work out. We change our plan. But this dude is doubling down the end of the day. You cannot be the reason why they lose the game. Damn you trying to put it on Scottie Rentals. You should have never trusted Scott You shouldn't even trusted it. It was like when Pete Carroll out there trusted Russell Wilson. You don't trust him.
Speaker 3: No, get a ball to Marshusay, dumb call.
Speaker 5: It's a dumb call.
Speaker 3: Can we get the points? You could go three scores?
Speaker 4: Get the points because now when you get the points, you're making the forty nine er say, oh man, they got some more points.
Speaker 3: What do we need to go ahead and get Dan Campbell lost that football game.
Speaker 4: If anybody wants to sit up be in talking about well, you know he's been aggressive all year long.
Speaker 3: Why is he gonna change now?
Speaker 4: Because there's a chance to go to the Super Bowl is why you're gonna change. Go back to Kyle Sanahan, officers of coordinator for Dan Quinn. They up twenty eighty three. Julio makes that crazy catch on the sidelines there in field goal range.
Speaker 5: What do they do?
Speaker 4: They trying to throw the ball. Look next thing, you know, holy call. Then they try to go for it on third down. Boom do that, and it's like, wait a minute, man, you were in control of the game and you lost it. Then when Kyle Sheahea was the head coach of the forty nine ers against the Kansas City Chiefs, you up ten once again. You blowing it again. You stop running the ball. These coaches go out of their way to mess things up and not realizing what you did all regular season long does not matter. This is where covering baseball gives me a different look than football, because dudes, understand, in the playoffs is different. Yes, what you managed and the regular season is totally different in playoff baseball because you going home. Dan Campbell lost that game. Your job as the head coach was to put them in a position to win the game. Don't sit around and trust them now. I only need to trust you right now. Go get some more points. We're going to stay ahead. More games are lost in this league than they're one. Bill Belichick and won two Super Bowls. He didn't he watched people lose them then and he ended up winning because people are Dan Campbell put the forty nine in the Super Bowl with.
Speaker 2: Them dumb decisions, and we're gonna talk about the other game, but those are These are two games that we watched yesterday where they sabotage their own success. But if you look at in the NFL a year over year and especially this year, the amount of coaches that are going forward on fourth down, and this is analytics, analytics, analytics. You know, nerves are steal whatever you want to call it, Stalley School, whatever it is. I mean, it's just it's just a theme in the NFL where coaches are going forward now more than ever on fourth down. That used to be you get to the thirty in your in that territory, you take the points.
Speaker 5: It's just easy.
Speaker 2: We put my defense back out there. They playing solid, don't put us in any danger.
Speaker 5: That's changing. And I mean go to stat mules.
Speaker 2: And just see what teams rank in that top five of going forward on fourth My man Dan Campbell right up there, like, yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm good if he's cost his team some games by doing.
Speaker 2: And we can point to the Cowboys game where that was a game where they had stole all that last minute momentum and like you said, he tripled that double down. He tripled down on a bad decision. I don't know, like these coaching jobs that you know a lot of these guys, they're definitely deserving. And Dan Campbell, for me, I think you need a coach like that that guys would run through a brick wall for. But at the end of the day, it's like, man, when you make a decision like that, that's got to be a mark against you. It's like, man, when it's clutch time, you may cost us. And maybe he needs a check. I don't know if he has a tonomy to do whatever, but he might need a check in a balance to say.
Speaker 5: Hit the button, hit the button. We can't do this right now then.
Speaker 6: And it was confusing because it guy played the game like this guy was in the National Football League. He should understand what momentum is like when you play that, when you play football at that high.
Speaker 3: A level, momentum is real.
Speaker 4: Like you put that three points on that board, you go up with seventeen points at that point you just said it.
Speaker 2: The forty nine er will start thinking, man, we gotta get at least three scores. At least three scores. But when you missed that fie or when they didn't go for that fourth or they missed that fourth, down the players on the forty nine and so we got a shot.
Speaker 5: Ye got shot, not even just that you go up seventeen.
Speaker 2: But then now you're not chasing as much as you are, right because now now your opportunity to kick a field goal to be down by one or tie the game up is there versus man. We gotta we gotta risk it all to go out there and do it. And then we didn't even talk about the end of the game. So you got three timeouts. You have done everything you could to make sure you say those three timeouts, and then you get stopped on the running play and now you got to use one to get an on side kick.
Speaker 5: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: So like you did all this work to save the timeouts knowing that you weren't going to have much time left, because that was that was the risk that you take. Okay, i'mna have three timeouts so I can stop maybe have twenty whatever seconds to be able to score.
Speaker 5: And then you run the ball and get stopped.
Speaker 4: Coaching mouth feasings out there once again. This game was lost by Detroit nothing against the forty nine ers. They went out there. They kept playing for sixty minutes. But dam Campbell should wear this. He will and anybody who wants to give him a pass to Some people try to give him a pass on social media.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 4: Your job as the coach is to make sure you don't lose the game. His decisions lost the game and.
Speaker 5: This whole week on game.
Speaker 3: But we've been aggressive all year long. I don't give a frogs fat But what you got to get here?
Speaker 4: You are away, You are right here at the super Bowl man, and you with this, Well, we're gonna go for We're gonna aggressive.
Speaker 5: That lost your game.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't about you trying to be aggressive, what about you doing what you did all year? It's about you advancing.
Speaker 3: He didn't do it.
Speaker 4: He didn't do what the game roan watch us having to say, do what the game asking to do? What the game ask you do, kick the.
Speaker 3: Field, go go up three scores.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna give a I'm gonna give a Black Party some credit, okay, because back Party went out just played the hell of a game. Then you went out there play He got CMC and SEEMC to me, goodness gracious, like he see them seeing that it is everybody else. It's everybody else but Brock Party with the arm and with the legs, because those are the demoralizing plays, right everything you bro Man, and then Brock Purty go out there and rush for first down a couple of times in the game where you like, goodness, that's how you know when it's over.
Speaker 5: He's like, all they can't stop him at all. You can play as good as defense as you want to.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, Rock Purty get out there and start looking like Lamar Jackson should have looked in the previous man man. Oh yeah, so, but so I want to give some respect to one of the forty ninnecers. They did go out there and win. But brock Purty, because he's been up and down season of like people talking about we don't know if he's him. He the MVP, all he was a flukee and all other stuff. The dude went out there and had a hell of a game. But the tense championship game, he took Madison into his own hands because he almost looked like Tom Brady. And that Super Bowl against Atlanta where it was twenty eighty three and they showed Tom Brady on the bench, It's like, oh, it's over.
Speaker 5: The dynasty is over. And then he got up the storytelling itself.
Speaker 2: But I was watching Brock Purty struggle in that first half, and I'm like, damn, you know, even Kyle Shannonhandle everybody thinks walks on water, they call him even wasn't looking good. And I'm like, man, this team is they in a pickle right now? Because Detroit is all over them. Yeah, they're all over them. But then when that door opened, that's when I saw Rock Perry say, now I'm gonna take this on myself. In those third and short situations where the running game was starting to get stemy, and then he was. He was running for the first down.
Speaker 4: And future teams man be wary of these offensive coordinators that are supposed to be the next greatest thing. Gurus, gurus, because Ben Johnson had a hell of a season, the hell of a season.
Speaker 5: But when things got tight, So.
Speaker 4: On that goal, I want you what youre running the ball for? Man, you gotta have some situational awareness here. You're ahead of the offense.
Speaker 6: You got three times throw the ball, you don't get it, kick the field go down seven. You still got three timeouts plus to two minutes.
Speaker 4: So be wary Math because some of these guys, you know, they get too cute and they think this, you know, they're smarter than the game.
Speaker 3: And it ended up costing Brock Purdy forty eight yards of rushing. Lamar Jackson. Yeah, I can't wait on that game because that was the four yards of rushing for Lamar.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: And just going back to what you were saying here is Rock Party's forty eight yards were critical because a lot of times it was just keep on, let's advance the ball, frill right, Well, let's just keep us going. Let's get a fresh set of down and milk the clock because they got once they got that lead, they controlled the game. And Rock Party did a fantastic job of running the offense. And I give Kyle Shanahan a lot of credit for finding a guy who can execute the offense the way he wants to, which is what Bill Walsh did with Joe Montana.
Speaker 3: That was the beauty of Joe.
Speaker 4: Joe used his feet many times to just make the first guy miss or pick up six yards on a third down and keep it going. No, he wasn't known for running the ball as much as Steve Young or Michael Vick. But the hitting yardage that Joe got was very much reminiscent of what we saw from Brock Party and it was interesting to watch Joe, you know, be there at the end of the game give the trophy away.
Speaker 2: I got to ask you guys a question, and I've been seeing this and it started in the in the playoffs with and this is a tea. The next segment is why do coaches change who they are when they get to the biggest stages?
Speaker 5: And that's what I saw.
Speaker 4: Let's dive into that next with Danny McCray, Heck Maharrison, Barry Church on NEWI Scruggs.
Speaker 3: This is the players lines, you know.
Speaker 4: By the way, we will get into Kellen Moore, who's now he should face the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Here it's heyt Com Radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wfball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to.
Speaker 5: Ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Fatalia bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Ranola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring Hoodies, Crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot Com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in the heart, either no eye in Blues or a loan star for that matter. And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys? Smeerenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Back to the players.
Speaker 2: Loude Shumpleite is your twenty twenty three Cowboy Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: Heck Ma Harrison appreciated players as by toast detail SAP on a Monday Championship recap.
Speaker 3: Right here, Harry Church, David Cray players here. Okay, he is slight to get votes from.
Speaker 5: Since week one.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you the conversations we can't have with you on the air. Really good, really really good, really really really good. I say to one person who works here in the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Many times I say to this Stafford said, the book you write, I said, the book you're not writing is really good. He always asked how many volumes is that book? Might be two volumes. Honey, we just we just have a good.
Speaker 3: Laugh here, all right, go ahead, you right before the break you had you had a good question.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just weird to me. And I was looking for me Baltimore.
Speaker 2: In that first half, I was I was watching Lamar Jackson play a game that he hadn't played his entire seventeen games. They went away from the running game, and that to me was the weirdest part of what they were doing. And I think as an AFC and switching over to the defensive side, I think they made life so much easier for Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid. Yeah, I think there's this should be a commandment that's written that thou shalt not zone blitz Patrick Mahomes because it's just if you're gonna do something like that, you're looking at one of the best when it comes down to making those split second decisions. He's going to find the open receiver each and every time. Why they didn't bring your guy Hamilton down and cover him with put him on Kelsey and give Kelsey that free release like that?
Speaker 5: I mean, to me, there were those things in.
Speaker 2: That football game that I was like, look, I know, y'all, guys have to be watching on football to me to combing to this game with that game plan, and you've never had that game plan since I you know, since I'm watching Ravens football. I just think it was weird to see them change up their DNA at the last minute.
Speaker 5: Just I don't know why coaches do that.
Speaker 2: To me, you know, to me, it was criminal that both game plans offensively and defensively. And you know, I can't really say the devisibly because even though those first two drivets, Kansas City went up and down the field.
Speaker 6: After that, you know, Baltimore held them the three points. So I can't really, you know, say the defense was got off out there? Did they do some things that was like, man, that's kind of perplexing, Like like you just said, letting Travis Cosey get off the line free without even no type of jam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a little perplexing.
Speaker 6: But seventeen points against Kansas City, you gotta find a way to win that game.
Speaker 3: To me, offensively usually, And this is.
Speaker 2: Why you know, they say regular season is different from the playoffs, because when you get to the playoffs, you know, every little play matters, every drive matters, and guys.
Speaker 6: Tighten up, you know, players tighten up and coaches tighten up. And usually in those situations, you revert back to your DNA, you revert back to what you are. And Baltimore to me, is a running team. So you would think, all right, if all else fails, we're gonna pervert back to running the football. We got Gus Edwards, we got Justice Seal, we got Lamar Jackson back there. We're gonna run this football. And they were having success doing it when they tried.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, for some weird reason, and we said this in the group chat, I don't know if it was Lamar reading the clips saying I gotta win this game another way, or if it was the coaching staff figuring it.
Speaker 3: Out a I gotta be the difference.
Speaker 2: I gotta show that I'm this imprint on Lamar Jackson, I put this imprint on the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 4: Whatever the case may be, it just didn't add up. And we saw time and time again Lamar Jackson just dropping back the.
Speaker 6: Past and instead of kind of using his legs to extend a little bit more, he was just sitting in the pocket.
Speaker 4: And there was times where he was literally sitting there like a statue. And I'm sitting there myself, I'm thinking, what, Lamar Jackson?
Speaker 5: Is this or you? Who are you?
Speaker 3: What happened to where he was at Broward County? Whe where's that guy at?
Speaker 4: What's the backyard football? Running around recess? I escaped the pocket? Oh snap, there's my guy, dal let me throw it to him.
Speaker 3: There was none of that.
Speaker 6: This guy was sitting in there in the pocket as if he was just Tom Brady or something. Just that that's what I do, And that's not what got you to this point. That's not what got you to be the player that you are.
Speaker 3: Sixteen rushes as a team. That just just doesn't add up to me.
Speaker 6: And there was times in this game, and we get it, you want to be able to push the football down the field, But there were so many times in this game where there was lanes that were Lamar Jackson, he could have just took off, took off, slid got some positive yards instead of sitting in that pocket and letting the pocket collapse. And at the end of the day, that's what kind of doomed them right there. The force fumble on the sack was huge.
Speaker 2: And then for just though I hate where receivers do this, say his name you going, I'm talking about the tight end on this one.
Speaker 3: The bad, bad interception. You double team? What you throwing your hand up for? Who do you think you out here? Think you likely when you think you grownk.
Speaker 5: Out of here?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 5: You covered? Are you throwing your hand up in the air?
Speaker 2: And Lamar, you're veteran enough to know that man's covered out to throw the ball. But that was one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen. Triple coverage and that boy had no chance of getting caught. Besides Kansas City defender catching it. So it was just it was perplexing all around, and I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. Let me just add on what Barry was saying right here real quick.
Speaker 4: So as a team, Baltimore sixteen rushes for eighty one yards, no touchdowns. They threw the ball thirty seven times on the flip side. For Kansas City, the Chiefs ran the ball thirty two times eighty nine yards, one touchdown, and they threw the ball thirty nine times.
Speaker 2: Many times? How many did the running back gets? Running backs get? How many times did Lamar Jackson rush?
Speaker 4: Lamar had five carries, no eight carries for fifty four Lamar had eight carries for fifty four yards. Gus Edwards had three carries. They Flowers had two carries. Justice He'll had three carries and my might got cooked.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it was six carries because they Flowers tho't count as the running back.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah here between the running backs, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Coach?
Speaker 2: So so you come up with a game plan, right, and as seventeen to ten games, not like you're not getting blown out right seventeen to ten game where you don't find a way to get your running backs involved when they've been helping you win games all season. Your quarterback is missing on throws. I'm talking about all the de boss all of them. He missing on throws. You got Andrews back, you can't find a way to get him involved. That Likely is the guy you usually just go back to your veteran god. No matter how good Likely has been playing, you make sure you get him involved, because before he went out, it was Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: And Mark Andrews. You can't find a way to get him involved.
Speaker 2: And Lamar Jackson, like you said, he's playing the game and I'm watching it, bro and one he's taking sacks. He's taking sacks. He's the most athletic quarterback in the league. He's taking sacks that don't make any sense. And then on third and one, third and two whatever, you throwing the ball when you can just run and get them burst down if it is incomplete. And you're sitting there and you're saying, okay, all right, we want Lamar Jackson to be great and do all this other stuff. But I watched him starting last week. He took a safety in the zone or something like. It was like something crazy where you like you watched the game. You said, way, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Like you running back thirty or forty yards, but you then when you start getting towards the line of Scrimmas, you're not thinking about running and you're still throwing it.
Speaker 5: Now was just the waste. Like everything about Lamar Jackson yesterday looked off. It looked off.
Speaker 2: O'Dell Beckham's not involved in the games. A flyers out in the wild, like we're gonna get them out that that's that's still in his finest. If I listen, I don't care. It's it's still this way. If I'm a free agent receiver, big time receiver, I'm not taking my butt to Baltimore.
Speaker 5: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: And it's been this way since Lamar Jackson been. I'm not trying to hate on the dude, but it ain't no big time free agent receiver that's been like, yeah, I'm going to Baltimore. Then me and me and Lamark will like it up. It ain't been that way. And you know, the dudes can still play. I'm back on the back on that way. Yes, they can still play. Brandon Coosk can still play. O'Dell Beckham can get more than two other catches and not until the day on the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: Man, then when you do throw the ball to him and fire yards too deep? Like what what we Yeah, I don't know. Lamar was off.
Speaker 2: Chocolate City went out there and tricked it off. Man, I'm telling you man, Chocolate City. Man, Chocolate City and ship the handtop it go.
Speaker 4: So the credit is always is giving the Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes and they throw in Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Steve spac Nolo needs some major credit. That's defensive. Three turnovers in the game.
Speaker 4: They sacked Lamar Jackson four times, and they took Baltimore out of what they wanted to do.
Speaker 3: They took it away.
Speaker 4: And Steve has been a part of two championships with Kansas City. But go back to where Steve made to me one of the greatest defensive coaching performances ever in the Super Bowl, which is they was the coach of the Giants when they beat Tom Brady. And yes, he was a defensive coordator for the Giants when they were undefeated, they had set the NFL record for points and held those dudes in two touchdowns. He knows how to take great players out of what they do. And we forget about his name. He came the head coach of the Saint Louis Rams. It was not a good stint. Why he's not gotten another opportunity in this league I shake my head at But Steve Spagnolo is an elite defensive play calls.
Speaker 5: No, he did a great job last night.
Speaker 2: But number ninety five I didn't even look it up because I want you somebody just to tell me where is his brother from the number ninety five?
Speaker 9: Like that?
Speaker 5: I believe Chris Jones.
Speaker 2: Chris Jones is, no, don't do this because because number ninety five, to me was that was the difference in that game, the way that he don't. They couldn't find an answer for it. Man, you have a big man that's balling like that, it makes everything easier. And I'm just saying that guy, yeah, absolutely, But when you talk about spack Nolan, the job that he's doing, yeah, it makes your job so much easier when this guy.
Speaker 5: Is turning into something that he's not.
Speaker 2: Spack Nola didn't come in with a game plan that Lamar Jackson was going to back up throw the ball thirty seven times.
Speaker 5: He was expecting to run heavy all game. So that's why.
Speaker 2: I asked, Yau, why the hell you change to who you are when you get to that stage, because that made absolutely no sense to me. And I just looked Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes and I know people, as as this dynasty continues, they're going to ask the question, who's more important? Is it Andy Reid or Patrick Mahomes. Andy Reid went out and found Patrick Mahomes, traded up to go and get Patrick Mahomes. He obviously saw something in his game that says that's my guy, and that is a perfect marriage between coach and quarterback. And if I mean the hand in glove, the way that hit, the play calling. And you can talk about Patrick Mahomes how unconventional he is and some of his antics and things that he does out there on the field, but when it comes to playoff time and it's the rarest air to see a player like that play to that ability. That's why you love the Michael Jordan's, That's why you love the greatest that go and do it, because these guys go. I mean, I've never seen anything like what Patrick Mahomes is doing.
Speaker 3: He embraces the pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah I think, yeah, I've been kind of off the you know man's but Mahomes, the dude don't miss. Like when you're watching the other quarterbacks player that's in the playoffs and you're watching them mispasses, throw two d all this sudden stuff, and then you watch Patrick Mahomes and you say, he don't have all the weapons out there, but he's gonna put the ball where the receivers have an opportunity to catch it and most of the time in a perfect position. Bout Dad scantly as an opportunity after all the stuff that he went through the season to catch a pretty much perfect pass from Patrick Mahomes to where the quarterback he's a receiver from the quarterback from whatever it is.
Speaker 5: How have you said?
Speaker 2: He makes sure that the ball placement when he delivers it to the receiver is on point. He don't miss, and he can run the ball when he has opportunity, like Zack of all trades. This dude, this dude does it all. And I think that the tears are are there to where you see.
Speaker 4: Chasing Tom Brady ye at this point in his career. And when I think of Tom Brady, I always think about who he was throwing to the best receiver he threw to he never won a Super Bowl with that was Randy Moss. You out here with Danny Amidola winning championships and Chris Hogan. I mean you're winning with those kinds of players. And while his guys in Tampa Bay were a lot better. You know, Mike Evans is better playing Chris Goblin than what they had in New England. But just mahomes is out there with these dudes drop more pass is in anybody in the league. They're terrible, and he still went to a super Bowl. Imagine if eighty three get him some real help next year of what they could be doing. Uh, the guy's special. He is special.
Speaker 3: And you know, Texas Tech boll you gotta need milk that all you can. I know they put him in the Hall of Fame, which.
Speaker 4: You built statute of this brother. You better milk that thing as much as you why, I mean, milk that thing. Whine and Patrick Mahomes day everything.
Speaker 5: I mean, milk that.
Speaker 2: If you're listening as one of my teammates in Kansas State, So yeah, that's what you need.
Speaker 3: And to bring it back to the Cowboys real quick. To me, the difference, the difference was you saw you know Kansas.
Speaker 4: City's, you saw even Baltimore's, San Francisco et even Detroit's. When the when the biggest situations arise, the star players, the players that are supposed to be the backbones of the team, they step up and make huge plays.
Speaker 6: You talked about Chris Jones. He got a sack out there, but he was also affecting the game bat and balls down. He had a big time third down bat on on Lamar Jackson. I mean up and I mean he went to the side like he's they're they're.
Speaker 3: Impacting the game. He didn't complain about it, like they're impacted. They're impacting the game and in different ways. And that's just to me.
Speaker 6: It's just, man, you gotta when you're a star player, you gotta find a way to do that in the biggest of moments.
Speaker 3: And I will say this about Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Somebody, when did they become I gotta be the toughest guy on the football field, Like the football IQ out here is just it's just mind blowing, Like how many times have you grown up in football? You're like the first person ain't gonna get caught. If you retaliate, you're gonna get the flag. It's the second guy all the time, and their veterans making these crazy errors. Like man, NOA, he played in the league for about twelve thirteen years. Wait for the Patriots, the man, dude, Like, what do y'all think is gonna happen when you do type of stuff after the whistle?
Speaker 3: Like, nobody cares if you're a tough guy.
Speaker 2: If you get disrespected on the football field, you know, in between the whistles, we're gonna handle it.
Speaker 3: Outside of nobody cares about that tough guy persona.
Speaker 6: You're looking at ro Quan Smith, one of the best linebackers in the National Football League. I'm sure they told him on that play when he jumped off side, you know, just just jump off side and we'll reset the What.
Speaker 3: Are you doing running through the man's soul like that?
Speaker 5: What does that bring?
Speaker 3: Just jump off side?
Speaker 6: And I don't know this for a fact. I don't know this for a fact, so you know, I can't really but come on, man, what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: It's man, it's perplexing. Act to what I said, more games are lost exactly, are yo?
Speaker 2: You ain't even get on and you spinning the ball on the guy. Then you then they give you a chance to make it back and then then you fumble the bag. It's about me, It's about me. Look at me, I did this?
Speaker 5: What are we throwing? Man? Get out there and the bag.
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for my man to get back next season.
Speaker 2: Man, goodness gracious, because somebody got to be able to compete against uh Patrick mahonmes And it looked like the only person that's gonna be able to be at Joe Burrow or a healthy Air Rockers. That's all you got. Because when you look at it and you look at the upper exelons and the tears of guys, there's one guy who's been able to be Mahomes And this is not a Joe Burrow think.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying it happened, right, and nobody else has been able to do it. It ain't happen.
Speaker 3: And you be learving that don't trust Mahomes no matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just outside of that.
Speaker 2: Dudes at home, they didn't went on the road this time, and they continue beating the same guys over and over again.
Speaker 5: All right, So yeah, give me Anon Rodgers back next year.
Speaker 2: Then give me Joe Burrow, and then we'll see what the competition looks like because outside of that, y'all got nothing.
Speaker 4: All right, Kellamores Now with the Eagles, let's dive into that next right here on the Players now Swinking by Tostos on Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 5: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with Crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Jack Black and.
Speaker 7: Right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball.
Speaker 3: Make a play for the playmaker.
Speaker 7: At Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash cow with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the Presscott who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Back to the players.
Speaker 2: Lounge, The ninety ninth annual East West Shrine Bowl will feature one hundred and thirty of the nation's top NFL draft prospects on Thursday, February, the first at the Star in Frisco. Tickets are as low as twenty dollars are available at Shrinebowl dot Com. Proceeds benefit Shriner's children.
Speaker 4: All right, checking a roster here, Nobody from from Toledo, where east one?
Speaker 3: Nobody from l s U.
Speaker 5: Talking about.
Speaker 3: I played and I think it was fun.
Speaker 5: Where was that that was?
Speaker 3: It was in Orlando, Orlando. We played down in Orlando.
Speaker 2: You know, if anybody from l s U listened to this radio show, Okay, hey, don't gamble.
Speaker 5: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: I don't gamble. Thousands, don't gamble stop five thousand mets in one year. He's a patriot now though, so that's a patriot thing going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was playing I thought he was.
Speaker 2: He was coming out this this one when he was playing eighty nine hundred. Bet he Dann Campbell, you're always gonna get it back. Now he did he Now they said he put in a hundred thousand, and he won five hundred with four hundred, so total of five.
Speaker 5: So man, man know what he was doing. But goodness gracious, that man went to jail. You know what I'm saying. He ain't get suspended. What's his user name? Church? What's his user name? Big k boot one name? What's his name? Him Cavil. Really, I'm dumbed, do you know?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm not either on. Ain't nobody else getting the credit for this to tease.
Speaker 3: Eagles are the Eagles and high cordinate.
Speaker 5: Let's go bab.
Speaker 3: They hired big fans the blueprints. Some big fan jis now deep coordinator.
Speaker 5: He's gonna swap killer open Wonder the ball.
Speaker 3: Good thing big for be in the box.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that's right, see me, So big fan, you will put the blueprint out on killing more last year right now, Okay, not even right again.
Speaker 5: Ain't got worried. I ain't gotta worried about it. Ain't got worried about it. Nothing to practice good hire. So kell More, thank you.
Speaker 4: Put the word out Kellen coordinating the Eagles now. And I did find it entertaining of how many Eagles fans were talking about how this was a really good hire that emotions you. I mean, is this the same guy you all took the bird poop on for years and now everybody's singing his praises and they thinking Kellen Moore is gonna make Jalen Hurts the m v P candidate again, just back up, back.
Speaker 2: Up, so he couldn't. He couldn't make Justin Herbert the m v P can break it down. He's gonna make Jalen Hurts because he was already candidate, so he ain't gotta making Hurts. Has already been this year.
Speaker 5: He was there for a little bit. Everybody was.
Speaker 3: He was up there and talking about week you know twelve, Yes, Brown.
Speaker 5: They gonna be called Amari Cooper.
Speaker 2: Okay, you need to call the Mark Cooper and saying, man, how can I get into good grace?
Speaker 5: William?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you the Browns.
Speaker 5: Y'all, Mark say, now he come im out, you bring him in. I'm not playing my heel hurt.
Speaker 3: I think with Kellen Moore is really strange because I feel like he got a raw deal here.
Speaker 6: Put the blame on Tellen Moore for that San Francisco debacle and the same thing happened this year.
Speaker 2: Comment the same thing happened. You are familiar with common denominators. Who's the common demomeinator? And both who's the common denominator? Listen, there's two different organizations. Who's another more was here, but we got the same variable and in both of those situations.
Speaker 3: The other guy too.
Speaker 5: There's another guy that was there too. Y'all know his name, y'all know his that y'all know what I'm talking Who I was talking about, l A.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about who was here in the playoff loss with San Francisco and the playoffs in Green Bay and played terrible.
Speaker 5: Who's the common variable in there? No, Kelling Moore was here, yep?
Speaker 3: And who else?
Speaker 5: And Mike McCarthy was here, and Dak Prescott okay, and then but now but now Kellen Moore. Kellen Moore was here and they said, hey, man, it was you. It was you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get killing up out of here somewhere els you said, Oh, we're gonna show y'all it wasn't killing. Kellen went out, the team didn't make the playoffs. Had the n E P guy, what happened the year it happened? Here made the playoffs, let the league, let the legions in the town pass. And he did the same thing with Kellen Moore. The best year of his career.
Speaker 6: Man, he did, he did because two years ago he had thirty seven and ten.
Speaker 4: He just had the best year of his career thirty six he and nine or thirty seven and ten. The same thing for the MVP award.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, people, when everybody else in the national football quarterback while I was playing, I love I.
Speaker 5: Just saying.
Speaker 3: You having a strange allegiance to Luis.
Speaker 5: So you know what, let's wrap it up because I ain't gonna say allegiance allegiance A one yet.
Speaker 2: We all know year and the coach was five one year in Los Angeles last So back up, baby, back up, So you're.
Speaker 5: Stilling justin Herbert got to please hearn At eight fifty four a m.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get an email from NBC Sports Philadelphia interview request in Philly on Kellen Moore.
Speaker 3: Hi knew he hope you're doing well.
Speaker 4: I was wondering if you might have availability and interest this week and doing a talk back with us here at NBC Sports Philadelphia about Kellen Moore. Then they give me some times and they're like, essentially we'd be asking how much did he help the Cowboys offense reach new levels relationship with Dak especially going from back up to quarterback coach.
Speaker 3: To see Whyatt soured with McCarthy.
Speaker 4: McCarthy, we've seen that McCarthy quotes about more wanting to quote unquote light up the scoreboard, how much of what he implemented remains in Dallas remained there last season? And then surely some trash talk back and forth about how disastrous both team seasons ended.
Speaker 5: So now we're on the same level as the Chargers.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know we got knocked out in the first round, so who see and all that the Chargers coaches got fired. The Boys made the playoffs. A lot of people I mean that that's the design because you brought the guy in and you said, hey, man, if we're being honest, it was a situation the same as far as La and the Cowboys like it was a situation.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I think the situation was the same. I think.
Speaker 2: But the mindset when you go get a guy like Killing Moore to be an officerve coordinator with a quarterback like Justin Herbert is we're going to get him because we have an MVVP calendar caliber quarterback who just.
Speaker 5: Needs a guy. And then the guy got there and he didn't work.
Speaker 3: Mike, Mike McCarthy was proven right. At the end of the day, he was proven right.
Speaker 5: What did he do?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, the dude, second team All Pro, had the best had the best year of his career.
Speaker 3: He let the league in touchdowns and what did they No, no, no, no, bro, we're talking about.
Speaker 5: What Dak did. Justin Herbert. Yeah, but that's that's what.
Speaker 4: Who came on the show and said that Justin Herbert was going to finish top five and n B and I was wrong?
Speaker 5: Did I say it was wrong?
Speaker 3: Who said the Chargers were gonna make the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Who also said that the Dallas Cowboys wouldn't get far in the playoffs because we have the situation that we had last year. The guy is still in the center who said that he had less interceptions this season, So who blamed it?
Speaker 5: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: You know what happened in the playoff.
Speaker 5: What are you saying? You're insinuating players? Did he did he play good in the playoff game? Now knew he did he play good in the playoff game.
Speaker 3: He did not have a good playoffs? Okay, he there it is, he had.
Speaker 5: He had a whole the first hand.
Speaker 2: But our defense didn't show up this time either, which is different than the last time it was.
Speaker 3: It was forty eight or seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yea like look on macarthy was right about Kellen Moore. He took that to another level. That kelling Moore could take him to other level.
Speaker 5: And looking to another level.
Speaker 2: Kellen Moore missions on the wild card, but he went to another level justin Herbert Man and Brandy stated John, and that's what happened when Kellen Moore is going from there right back.
Speaker 5: Staley, go on, come on, he was a problem there too. You know that's he didn't do amazing.
Speaker 3: Andre Swift is a free agent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all we wanted because he just just like going to box some more. Don't just like, don't come here if you Sweart because because we know what, we know what. You gonna know what you're gonna get here, get twelve, that's what that's what we're gonna run the football. Kellen. Is he a bad bad omen everybody? Hey, hey, wouldn't that be something a year? Like a year and then go to the Philly and if you don't want either, this is last shot.
Speaker 5: This is last you get him. Bill is his last shot.
Speaker 2: Like Bill, this is the m v P calib caliber quarterback, right and the team you got, you got wide receiver weapons, you got a quarterbacks tight end. This is it.
Speaker 3: He's gonna limited because pushed his life, his life, and.
Speaker 5: Probably this is it.
Speaker 11: This is it.
Speaker 6: Like if he don't win, if you don't want here, if you don't want hands a round, because you got the n V quarterback, you got, you got me the weapons offensive.
Speaker 3: We all know church and quarterbacks. Okay, say what Daniel Jones was supposed to go?
Speaker 6: Almost that was almost as bad as saying, you know what this all year, we got it this year, just like every other year, Berry's is almost that bad.
Speaker 5: It's almost about it. That's a shot about it a shout.
Speaker 2: I brought that up shot.
Speaker 5: As soon as pre all. Ye know they gotta go.
Speaker 2: You work undefeated, I got I got I gotta be seventeen though you ain't set even a mile. So we know we we're gonna be all right. We get about week so we're gonna be okay. So long as not further. Can't lose it.
Speaker 4: You don't play, that's plays Lange. We'll talk to you next week. Thank you, Danny McCrae, Heck Maharrison, Barry Church on Newly Scratch. Thanks Chris Bean, Jazz Josh right here. Dallas Cowboys Dot Came Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club